NATION

PASSWORD

World Lacrosse Championships 32 - Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:24 am

DISCLAIMER: Gaelic Gamers is an independent sports blogging website created by four cousins with a common liking and passion for sports of all kinds and is in no way or form affiliated with or organized by any official news organization in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. All statements and opinions posted here are our own and not anyone else's.

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Lacrosse Lamentations
with Aisling Keane

And I thought that couldn't have gotten any worse than it did. That last storm really did a number on Releinthi, didn't it? All pitches in the city were flooded; all those afternoon football games had to be postponed for another time. Lucky gridiron bastards though; their pitch dried up just in time for the late night game. No such luck for us lacrosse fans though; our pitch could not get dry enough in time and the our quarterfinals game against Sarzonia had to be postponed, meaning everyone else got to play except the two of us. Talk about a rain delay, right? In fact, flooding in the part of Releinthi where McNaughton Park is was so bad that one day after the storm, even though the pitch was now dry, the streets around the stadium weren't, and upon the urging of the city authorities the quarterfinal was pushed back by yet another day. By this time both teams were getting antsy, I'm sure. Like, are they ever going to get to play ever again? Or would this game have to be moved somewhere else?

Thankfully it didn't have to go down like that, and by the second day after the storm everyone was given the all clear to play. It proved to be tough going but in the end, the Amazons triumphed over the Sarzonians. A modicum of revenge for the loss in the Arena Bowl for sure, but I have a feeling that this won't be enough for Cousin Dara until our arena football team actually defeats the Sarzonian arena football team sometime in the future. He's not the type to be easily satisfied, Cousin Dara. Tomiko Legaspi shining the brightest out of our attack today, scoring 6 out of our 13 goals against the Sarzonians. Claude Dematteo was our primary channel into the attack, with 10 out of those 13 goals passing through him before going into the goal. Many people might say that 13 is an unlucky number but not today, not for Abanhfleft. Ah, but now the question is, will it prove to be unlucky for the next time?

Now, some people out there might say that I shouldn't be talking about bad luck because it's inevitably going to bite us all in the arse. Well, I say to that, better to get the jinx out of the way right here and right now instead of during the game, where we all know thoughts of jinxes work best. Strange mentality, I know. For some of you. But we Flefts know better than to take anything for granted. We did that before and we all know how that turned out. Nothing is ever for granted in this day and age. Also, we need to stop thinking of ourselves as the underdogs in everything we do now. We've had more than enough time to build ourselves up to the rest of the world, and now it's time that we did something about that. It's time we showed that we deserve to be among the best. Let's stop playing like scaredy cats, and let's start playing like we own the place. Which, in this particular case, we literally do. We are on home turf, ladies and gents. It's about time we started acting like we are at home. Win that trophy, lasses and lads. Let the whole nation watch you lift that over your heads right here.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:03 am

There's just a few games left to go in this tournament. We can't stop now.
CUTOFF for the semifinals of the 32nd World Lacrosse Championships.

Vangaziland 9–12 Union of Quincy

Abanhfleft 12–5 Wrexwic
(Scorinated by Ko-oren)

32nd WORLD LACROSSE CHAMPIONSHIPS
GRAND FINAL

(2) ABANHFLEFT vs. (7) UNION OF QUINCY

@ Stadium of the Old Forester, Markovsky

THIRD PLACE PLAYOFF GAME
(1) Vangaziland vs. (4) Wrexwic
@ NLighten Arena, Suwkpel

HOST ANNOUNCEMENT: Because of the delay in finding third party scorination, I will move the schedule once again to give all participants time to write their RPs for the Final and 3PPO. Also, both the final and bronze medal game will now be scorinated on the same day to eliminate any further delay on this tournament. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
Last edited by Abanhfleft on Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:26 am

DISCLAIMER: Gaelic Gamers is an independent sports blogging website created by four cousins with a common liking and passion for sports of all kinds and is in no way or form affiliated with or organized by any official news organization in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. All statements and opinions posted here are our own and not anyone else's.

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Lacrosse Lamentations
with Aisling Keane

God, it seems like these storms are following the lacrosse team wherever they go recently. First Releinthi and now Marble Arch. And there was also that sandstorm over in Markovsky that delayed the other semifinal game over at University College. Everything was going so well during the group stages that we were all kind of expecting the other shoe to drop anytime. So far, said other shoe has just been these sorts of weather delays. Nothing bad has happened to the team itself. They've been on a winning roll. I can't believe it. No one can believe it. Surely it can't be? Are we gonna win the WLC on our own territory? That's a bit too early to talk about that, isn't it? I've probably just jinxed it right now. Who knows? If we lose then we probably all know who to blame...

I still haven't recovered from the game against Sarzonia, to be honest, and now we're up against the world number one in lacrosse, Wrexwic. The Wasps most notably missed WLC 31 last year, and we thought that was a clear path to the championship before Baker Park pulled a quick one on us and knocked us out in the Round of 12, I'd say that was. Oh, well. Real chance missed out. Who knows when the next big opportunity will come?

Well, it turns out that big opportunity might very well be here at home in front of our own supporters. We've been suffering for so long. All those early championships followed by that rebuilding slump. But the rebuilding is now done and dusted, and it's now time that we started challenging for the title once again. And how fitting would it be if we did it right here, right now? No better time than now, as they say. But how in the world did we get here in this position in the first place? Well, sheer grit and determination, I'd like to say. But it's much more than that. The players, they know that the eyes of the entire nation are now upon them. Not just metaphorically but literally now, because WLC 32 is happening right here in Abanhfleft, and after numerous hosting hiccups in which we as the host team didn't make it all the way (the 5th Under-18 World Cup doesn't count as far as Cousin Graham is concerned, or so he says) we're finally through to the final with a chance to lift some silverware. But only time will tell if we'll remember this day fondly or with familiar bittneress.

Sarzoclava was our first test. Not a big one, but a test nonetheless. That was where we saw if the team was all bark and no bite or if they could their money where their mouth was. Sarzonia was also tough, but the first big test of this team as the quarterfinals was now in what I call the "bitter part" of the playoffs because that's where all the bitterness locked up in each and every team spills over and gets used, unfortunately as it may sound, on the other team. Sarzonia have had a good competition in this WLC but against us, and quite possibly compounded by the weather issues we've had recently, the Stars stumbled and faltered against the Amazons. This set up a meeting with the world number one Wrexwic, and I believe I've already mentioned that they didn't participate in the last WLC before this one, which is why they've been on a mission to prove that they still got what it takes to be top dog.

Which they failed when they came up against the Amazons. The Wasps had been playing good for the majority of the tournament, barring a last-minute hiccup against Sarzoclava (which we had already eliminated) but against us they faltered, and at a time when they could hardly afford to falter at all. This time, it was Pearline Cordes' turn to be the star of the show, scoring five times and assisting three to produce an absolutely commanding performance and send us through to the semifinals, where we will be up against the nation formerly known as Razenthuria and Velestria, the Union of Quincy.

You can say that they've had a tougher path to the finals than we have, being on the lower half of the higher seeds and then going up against top seed Vangaziland in that sandstorm-postponed semifinal in Markovsky. Then again we were the ones who went up against world number one Wrexwic. Truly a titanic clash of the wills, but as the saying goes, there can be only one. I hope it's us, of course. But with lacrosse, you just never know.

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:19 am

Apologies for the long delay between the semis and the actual final itself. I've been having some difficulty in getting third-party scores.
But as they say, a gentleman always finishes the job he is started.
CUTOFF for the third place playoff and the grand final of the 32nd World Lacrosse Championships.

THIRD PLACE PLAYOFF GAME

Vangaziland 11-9 Wrexwic
@ NLighten Arena, Suwkpel

GRAND FINAL

(Scorinated by Ko-oren)

AbanhfleftUnion of Quincy

Congratulations to the winner and commiserations to the loser.

And that is all from WLC 32! Thank you all once again for allowing me to be your hosts for this tournament, and another thank you to those who participated. Apologies if there have been delays to the tournament, especially in the last few days, but this is nothing that a few DMs and TGs can't fix. But that is now all, folks, and good night from the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft!
Last edited by Abanhfleft on Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

Previous

Return to NS Sports