NATION

PASSWORD

Campionato Esportiva XXV - Signup Thread [Esportiva Only]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Damukuni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Campionato Esportiva XXV - Signup Thread [Esportiva Only]

Postby Damukuni » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:07 pm

The 25th Campionato Esportiva
Signup Thread

It's that time once again! Time, that is to announce that signups are now OPEN for Esportiva's regional national-team football/soccer competition, for the twenty-fifth time.

All nations wishing to sign up:
  • MUST have been part of Esportiva when this signup thread was posted (unless the nation was a significant member of Esportiva before rejoining).
  • MAY enter a maximum of two (2) nations; puppets must be declared and confirmed.
This post counts as the signup for Damukuni.

Host Bids:Signups:
  1. Damukuni
  2. Xanneria
  3. Thalamascia
  4. The Golden Lotus
  5. Apox
  6. Kita-Hinode
  7. Dreamplanet
  8. Brenecia
  9. Ceyne Isles (Brenecia)
  10. Fhulghamous Peninsula
  11. Copper Cuprum (Fhulghamous Peninsula)
  12. The Ross Isles
  13. Newmanistan
  14. Ancherion
  15. Bongo Johnson
  16. Starcom Racing (Xanneria)
  17. Hampton Island
  18. Racing
  19. Mattijana
  20. Natanians and Nosts
  21. ...
Last edited by Damukuni on Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
THE UNITED INTERPLANETARY STATES OF DAMUKUNI
Cap: Atarashii-Damushuto | Pop: 356,709,481 (2070) | Lang: English, Damukunian | Money: Damuokane (Ð)
Former Leader of Esportiva | Damukuni on NSSWiki
CoH 69 4th Place | CoH 75 Runners-up

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:34 pm

In + host bid
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Thalamascia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 04, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Thalamascia » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:56 pm

Go on then.

The Golden Lotus
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Golden Lotus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:26 pm

Surrenders to the contest
Knowing is half the battle. The other half? Violence.
Puppet of Qasden

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:36 pm

Yep.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:12 pm

Last edited by Kita-Hinode on Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreamplanet » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:38 pm

Like my team in CE24, this post comes second to Kita-Hinode.
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:53 pm

yeah
Puppet of Nephara.

Ceyne Isles
Secretary

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceyne Isles » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:54 pm

Brenecia wrote:yeah

rostered filler
kick us out if it'll get a real nation in
Former Nepharan territory, former Anglatian puppet, current Brenecian puppet. It's complicated, but probably not as much as it sounds.

Fhulghamous Peninsula
Spokesperson

Founded: May 10, 2015

Postby Fhulghamous Peninsula » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:19 am

In with Copper Cuprum.
THE COLONY OF THE FHULGHAMOUS PENINSULA
Governor General: Petrarchos Kulbano || Lieutenant Governor: Nadejda Palomarska
Capital: Port Thimpodopoulos || Population: 21,046,399

Abanhfleft's Esportivan colony

Copper Cuprum
Envoy

Founded: Oct 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Copper Cuprum » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:22 am

Fhulghamous Peninsula wrote:In with Copper Cuprum.

Yes.
The Chiefdom of Copper Cuprum
Leader: Chief Deg

Client state of the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Chicken killers mad for rugby union, equally mad for rugby sevens, but so much madder for rugby league
Is Esportiva the place? Maybe it is.

The Ross Isles
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ross Isles » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:41 am

In.
The Dominion of the Ross Isles
Factbook | Domestic Sports Newswire

I am: Christian (Anglo-Catholic), male & British.

Interests: Rugby, cricket, ice hockey, current affairs, the German language/linguistics in general, history & philosophy.

Pro: Constitutional monarchy, Gladstonian liberalism & the UK's continued membership of the EU and/or EEA.

Anti: Disestablishmentarianism, Republicanism & Hard Brexit.

Damukuni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2014

Postby Damukuni » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:52 am

(Signups updated to The Ross Isles.)
THE UNITED INTERPLANETARY STATES OF DAMUKUNI
Cap: Atarashii-Damushuto | Pop: 356,709,481 (2070) | Lang: English, Damukunian | Money: Damuokane (Ð)
Former Leader of Esportiva | Damukuni on NSSWiki
CoH 69 4th Place | CoH 75 Runners-up

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:23 am

We're in!
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:47 am

CAMPINATO ESPORTIVA XXV

“Go For Gold in the Sky Blue”

The Campinato Esportiva will have a milestone edition this time around as the 25th version of the competition will take place. Newmanistan has participated in this for the last few editions now, but the Emperor has declared that he would like to take the Empire’s participation to the next level. This is fresh off a very successful World Cup 83 for Newmanistan, as despite being ranked 207th in the World, the Rockets advanced to the playoff round before ultimately succumbing to stronger opposition. Within the Empire, soccer fever reached heights that have not been seen here for decades. Therefore, the Emperor would like to continue that momentum and has announced the Newmanistan will be bidding to host this competition. Let’s look at the semantics of the bid:

I) Scorination and RP Bonus

The competition will use the present version of xkoranate (0.3.3) and the SQIS formula, using additive skill modifiers (from +5 to -5). Current rankings for the Campinato Esportiva will be used, and RP bonus will be very generous and cumulative. Quality is always preferred over quantity in regards to evaluating RP. Roster bonuses will also be awarded.

II) Format

It is early in the signup process, so predicting the number of signups is tough. 24 seems to be a good number to target, and in that case, we’ll be looking at six groups of four, with group winners & runner ups, plus four wild cards advancing. A sign up number less then 24 will result in less then 16 teams advancing. Signup numbers such as 25, 28, 30, and 32 will also be used and formatted in a logical and traditional way. All games will be played in Newmanistan.

Tiebreakers: H2H Result, H2H GD, Overall GD, H2H GF, Overall GF, "Coin Toss" (given to highest cumulative RP bonus)

III) Experience

I have accumulated a lot of it, including the World Baseball Classic on many occasions, as well as the World Bowl. This would be the first time I have placed a bid to host this tournament, but have co-hosted the World Cup (49), and the Cup of Harmony three times. In addition, the work-intensive NSSCRA series is something I host. NSSCRA 8 will be over by the time this would start, so I would have no hosting conflicts.

Ask away if you have any questions. Thank you!
Last edited by Newmanistan on Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Xanneria
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:38 am

XANNERIAN CE25 BID

IC: Xanneria is a large continental, island nation due way west of Ethane in the Esportiva region, while the nation has a proud sporting tradition, until recently it had isolated itself from most international competitions, but had its coming out party in the 69th* edition of the Baptism of Fire tournament. In terms of football, Xanneria has participated in two WCQs, two CoH's and two Campaniato Esportivas, in CE24 they won their group but faced a veteran Apox squad who was able to exploit the Xanneria style of football in the first round of the playoffs. The Xannerian style of football is consider different from traditional football. Very fast, straightforward and maybe most unusual of all, "Violent"! Xannerians are known to tackle, feet first or shoulder first, but while there are some rules, expect there to be a more loosely fought game when it comes to shoving. Apox surely knows this as the first matchup between Apox and Xanneria in the most recent qualifiers started a brawl. Most people are under the belief that the Xannerians sporting philosophy is "Big plays = Big Entertainment" So traditionally Xannerians run 4 to 5 strikers and 2-3 mid fielders. Most domestic midfield players are defensive of flex players who can do both defense and offense. While primarily Offensive midfielders are used in International play.

The main Footballing league in Xanneria is FLOX or "Football League of Xanneria" it is a 60 team three tier league. Info on the FLOX can be found here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

OOC: I've been wanting to try and host a tournament for a while now, I was told by several veterans to start with a regional tournament. So here I am bidding on this Tournament. Since there seems to be a dearth of nations willing to bid on big international football tournaments I want to use this as a launching pad hopefully for being able to host other tournaments, heck If this tournament is a success then I would possibly look into co-hosting BoF71. I believe letting me host (or if necessary co-host), would help long term as it would give the entire NS Sporting community another additional host to help out.

The matches would be using xkorinate with NSFS and additive multipliers (-5 to +5). The tournament would be 16,20,24,28,30,32 teams but preferably divisible by four for IC reasons. 16-24 teams would = an 8 team playoff, 30 - 32 would + a 16 team playoff

If necessary I would put in a couple of filler puppets I have, but would have them intentionally tanked as not to effect more legit teams. Roster and RP bonuses will be awarded. Tiebreakers would be default H2H / Overall GD / GS / GA / "Coin Toss"

*nice
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)

Ancherion
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancherion » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:42 pm

We're also in

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:51 pm

Please note that Xanneria and I have agreed to join forces instead of bidding separately. A new joint bid will likely be released soon as we work out some semantics.

Xanneria
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:16 pm

Newmanistan wrote:Please note that Xanneria and I have agreed to join forces instead of bidding separately. A new joint bid will likely be released soon as we work out some semantics.

Confirming this.
Teams

Bongo Johnson
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 18, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bongo Johnson » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:43 am

Bongo Johnson is in for the Campionato
Proud host of World Bowl XXXII and World Bowl XXXIII
Appearances: 2 (82, 83)
Current rank: 148th
Highest rank: 41st (83)
Lowest rank: 262nd (79)
Best finish: Round 1 (82, 83)

G.A.F.A. I Undefeated Season and Champions
G.A.F.A. II 11-0 Regular Season

Starcom Racing
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Starcom Racing » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:34 am

In as a Puppet of Xanneria

Xanneria
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:35 am

Starcom Racing wrote:In as a Puppet of Xanneria

Confirmed
Teams

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:26 pm

In!
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:58 am

The nations of Newmanistan and Xanneria are proud to come together to host the 25th edition of the Campinato Esportiva. It would be the first time that either of these nations have hosted the tournament, if elected.

Newmanistan has participated in this for the last few editions now, but the Emperor has declared that he would like to take the Empire’s participation to the next level. This is fresh off a very successful World Cup 83 for Newmanistan, as despite being ranked 207th in the World, the Rockets advanced to the playoff round before ultimately succumbing to stronger opposition. Within the Empire, soccer fever reached heights that have not been seen here for decades. Therefore, the Emperor would like to continue that momentum. Within the sporting world as a whole, Newmanistan is most known for its six championships in the World Baseball Classic, a competition that has been very successful for Esportiva as a while. It is also the founding nation and main organizer of NSSCRA. Other then this, the nation has a lower profile in other sports which include each sport that will be called football by groups, as well as basketball.

Xanneria is a large continental, island nation due way west of Ethane in the Esportiva region, while the nation has a proud sporting tradition, until recently it had isolated itself from most international competitions, but had its coming out party in the 69th edition of the Baptism of Fire tournament. In terms of football, Xanneria has participated in two WCQs, two CoH's and two Campaniato Esportivas, in CE24 they won their group but faced a veteran Apox squad who was able to exploit the Xanneria style of football in the first round of the playoffs. The Xannerian style of football is consider different from traditional football. Very fast, straightforward and maybe most unusual of all, "Violent"! Xannerians are known to tackle, feet first or shoulder first, but while there are some rules, expect there to be a more loosely fought game when it comes to shoving. Apox surely knows this as the first matchup between Apox and Xanneria in the most recent qualifiers started a brawl. Most people are under the belief that the Xannerians sporting philosophy is "Big plays = Big Entertainment" So traditionally Xannerians run 4 to 5 strikers and 2-3 mid fielders. Most domestic midfield players are defensive of flex players who can do both defense and offense. While primarily Offensive midfielders are used in International play.

I) Scorination and RP Bonus

The competition will use the present version of xkoranate (0.3.3) and the NSFS formula, using additive skill modifiers (from +5 to -5). Current rankings for the Campinato Esportiva will be used, and RP bonus will be very generous and cumulative. Quality is always preferred over quantity in regards to evaluating RP. Roster bonuses will also be awarded.

II) Format

It is early in the signup process, so predicting the number of signups is tough. 24 seems to be a good number to target, and in that case, we’ll be looking at six groups of four, with group winners & runner ups, plus four wild cards advancing. A sign up number less then 24 will result in less then 16 teams advancing. Preferred numbers are 20, 24,28,30, and 32. All games will be played in either Newmanistan or Xanneria.

Tiebreakers: H2H / Overall GD / GF/ Coin Toss (highesst cumulative RP bonus).

III) Experience

Newmanistan has accumulated a lot of it, including the World Baseball Classic on many occasions, as well as the World Bowl. This would be the first time the nation has placed a bid to host this tournament, but have co-hosted the World Cup (49), and the Cup of Harmony three times. In addition, the work-intensive NSSCRA series is something hosted NSSCRA 8 will be over by the time this would start, so there would be no hosting conflicts. OOCly, I am confident in Xanneria’s ability to co-host this tournament. It is true that the community could use more nations hosting tournaments, which is why we have agreed to come together.

Xanneria: I've been wanting to try and host a tournament for a while now, I was told by several veterans to start with a regional tournament. So here I am bidding on this Tournament. Since there seems to be a dearth of nations willing to bid on big international football tournaments I want to use this as a launching pad hopefully for being able to host other tournaments, heck If this tournament is a success then I would possibly look into co-hosting BoF71. I believe letting me host (or if necessary co-host), would help long term as it would give the entire NS Sporting community another additional host to help out.

Racing
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Racing » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:13 pm

in

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports