Page 1 of 1

Street racing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:40 am
by A m e n r i a
I've seen some race competitions before, but is there anything for street racing? Like, regular people in regular people vehicles. If anyone's willing to host something like that, I'd love to join.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:18 am
by BOLGANO
A m e n r i a wrote:I've seen some race competitions before, but is there anything for street racing? Like, regular people in regular people vehicles. If anyone's willing to host something like that, I'd love to join.

Even what I have seen there is only Nascar and F1 but not street racing and it would be interesting to create a Tournament of this, count on me :-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:22 am
by Rainbowsix
i think street racing is illegal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:24 am
by A m e n r i a
BOLGANO wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:I've seen some race competitions before, but is there anything for street racing? Like, regular people in regular people vehicles. If anyone's willing to host something like that, I'd love to join.

Even what I have seen there is only Nascar and F1 but not street racing and it would be interesting to create a Tournament of this, count on me :-)


So you gonna host?

Rainbowsix wrote:i think street racing is illegal


A little handwavium should fix that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:24 am
by Neu Engollon
Audioslavia made a scorinator for it. Well, for all auto racing, but street circuit included.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:03 am
by BOLGANO
A m e n r i a wrote:
BOLGANO wrote:Even what I have seen there is only Nascar and F1 but not street racing and it would be interesting to create a Tournament of this, count on me :-)


So you gonna host?

Rainbowsix wrote:i think street racing is illegal


A little handwavium should fix that.

But you shouldn't make some inscriptions to meet the runners. If Bolgano ends as an Host we will have to use a race track since races are prohibited on the streets of the nation

POST 100!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:29 am
by Joshenia
I would definitely take part if such a competition was run

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:56 am
by Saint Kanye
BOLGANO wrote:If Bolgano ends as an Host we will have to use a race track since races are prohibited on the streets of the nation

That defeats the purpose of street racing, man.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:23 am
by A m e n r i a
Saint Kanye wrote:
BOLGANO wrote:If Bolgano ends as an Host we will have to use a race track since races are prohibited on the streets of the nation

That defeats the purpose of street racing, man.


Unless the participants are regular people and the vehicles are the normal stuff you'd see around.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:35 am
by Vangaziland
The thing about the racing scorinator is that it does laps. We'd need whatever rally scorinator Hodori and others use to generate start to end times. If I had such a program, I'd consider it. But I'm not really into hosting, to be fair.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:12 am
by BOLGANO
Vangaziland wrote:The thing about the racing scorinator is that it does laps. We'd need whatever rally scorinator Hodori and others use to generate start to end times. If I had such a program, I'd consider it. But I'm not really into hosting, to be fair.

Do you know how to create Scorinators?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:50 am
by The Sherpa Empire
Someone tried to start a street racing thread before, but they didn't get enough sign-ups.

There are some nations -- including mine -- that have an established tradition of street racing, but I'm not going to even think about hosting anything until the NSSCRA season ends, and even then, I'm not someone that likes to do a lot of hosting or has a ton of experience.

If I do host a street racing tournament, each participant would be asked to submit a course in their own nation as well as a driver or two. I think it's more realistic that you'd get away with running a street racing series if it was spread across multiple nations where the different police forces are not necessarily coordinating their efforts effectively.

I don't create scorinators, so you'd be looking at some method of scorinating using xkoranate's auto-racing function.

And like I said, I will not be doing anything host-like until the NSSCRA season ends.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:10 am
by Newmanistan
Short of getting a dedicated scorinator, my suggestion is to make use of what we do have available to us. A good idea would be to use the Athletics- Mens Marathon function (other functions in Athletics can work too)

Test 1:
1 Very High Skill         2:09:12
2 Pretty Good Skill 2:18:42
3 Elite Skill 2:19:42
4 Subpar Skill 2:22:01
5 Absolutely No Skill 2:26:45
6 Mediocre Skill 2:28:12


Test 2:
1 Pretty Good Skill       2:10:46
2 Very High Skill 2:15:010
3 Elite Skill 2:15:37
4 Mediocre Skill 2:16:29
5 Absolutely No Skill 2:21:22
6 Subpar Skill 2:32:32


Test 3:
1 Very High Skill         2:15:58
2 Elite Skill 2:17:04
3 Mediocre Skill 2:28:52
4 Absolutely No Skill 2:29:21
5 Subpar Skill 2:29:30
— Pretty Good Skill DNF


Test 4:
1 Elite Skill             2:10:51
2 Pretty Good Skill 2:14:23
3 Very High Skill 2:19:02
4 Absolutely No Skill 2:20:33
5 Mediocre Skill 2:22:26
6 Subpar Skill 2:25:28


Test 5:
1 Elite Skill             2:07:41
2 Absolutely No Skill 2:19:24
3 Very High Skill 2:19:56
4 Subpar Skill 2:22:23
5 Pretty Good Skill 2:23:52
6 Mediocre Skill 2:29:25


Results are random enough, but sensible.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:17 am
by The Sherpa Empire
Newmanistan wrote:Short of getting a dedicated scorinator, my suggestion is to make use of what we do have available to us. A good idea would be to use the Athletics- Mens Marathon function (other functions in Athletics can work too)


I was thinking of doing something based on your system for NSSCRA, but present the final result as a total instead of an average and then you don't need to worry about keeping the "laps" the same length, so some courses could have checkpoints of different lengths instead of actual laps.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:03 pm
by BOLGANO
The Sherpa Empire wrote:
Newmanistan wrote:Short of getting a dedicated scorinator, my suggestion is to make use of what we do have available to us. A good idea would be to use the Athletics- Mens Marathon function (other functions in Athletics can work too)


I was thinking of doing something based on your system for NSSCRA, but present the final result as a total instead of an average and then you don't need to worry about keeping the "laps" the same length, so some courses could have checkpoints of different lengths instead of actual laps.

It's a good idea, but can you really create something for this?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:15 pm
by The Sherpa Empire
BOLGANO wrote:
The Sherpa Empire wrote:
I was thinking of doing something based on your system for NSSCRA, but present the final result as a total instead of an average and then you don't need to worry about keeping the "laps" the same length, so some courses could have checkpoints of different lengths instead of actual laps.

It's a good idea, but can you really create something for this?


We're just talking about improvised ways to use xkoranate, not creating a dedicated scorinator.

Newmanistan's suggestion is a viable idea if someone wants to host without doing too much math. It's simpler than what I was thinking.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:57 pm
by Newmanistan
The Sherpa Empire wrote:
Newmanistan wrote:Short of getting a dedicated scorinator, my suggestion is to make use of what we do have available to us. A good idea would be to use the Athletics- Mens Marathon function (other functions in Athletics can work too)


I was thinking of doing something based on your system for NSSCRA, but present the final result as a total instead of an average and then you don't need to worry about keeping the "laps" the same length, so some courses could have checkpoints of different lengths instead of actual laps.


That would be the better idea if you didn't mind the extra work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:41 pm
by BOLGANO
Newmanistan wrote:
The Sherpa Empire wrote:
I was thinking of doing something based on your system for NSSCRA, but present the final result as a total instead of an average and then you don't need to worry about keeping the "laps" the same length, so some courses could have checkpoints of different lengths instead of actual laps.


That would be the better idea if you didn't mind the extra work.

Apparently he's already decided, just let A N M E R I A do his job

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:40 pm
by Saint Kanye
BOLGANO wrote:
Newmanistan wrote:
That would be the better idea if you didn't mind the extra work.

Apparently he's already decided, just let A N M E R I A do his job

Now that's just rude, at least just thank these two for their effort. They're some of the nicest people I know here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:13 pm
by Lisander
My five cents on it:

I believe street racing shouldn't be legalized or heavily organized like a championship. Just like the Wrestling thing, street racing still has a kind of a "lawless" element.

I think this concept would be nicer as a small but organized roleplay moved mainly by the plot itself, like those happening in NS or II, where the scorination would be just a "clever detail", and not by a proper championship with a proper ladder and a system of points.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:04 am
by BOLGANO
Lisander wrote:My five cents on it:

I believe street racing shouldn't be legalized or heavily organized like a championship. Just like the Wrestling thing, street racing still has a kind of a "lawless" element.

I think this concept would be nicer as a small but organized roleplay moved mainly by the plot itself, like those happening in NS or II, where the scorination would be just a "clever detail", and not by a proper championship with a proper ladder and a system of points.

That would serve in the Portal to the Multiverse.

It also reminds me of the Discovery series "Carreras Prohibidas" or in English "Street Racing" although the Spanish translation would be "Forbidden Careers" I don't know what the series is called in English

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:14 am
by A m e n r i a
BOLGANO wrote:
Lisander wrote:My five cents on it:

I believe street racing shouldn't be legalized or heavily organized like a championship. Just like the Wrestling thing, street racing still has a kind of a "lawless" element.

I think this concept would be nicer as a small but organized roleplay moved mainly by the plot itself, like those happening in NS or II, where the scorination would be just a "clever detail", and not by a proper championship with a proper ladder and a system of points.

That would serve in the Portal to the Multiverse.

It also reminds me of the Discovery series "Carreras Prohibidas" or in English "Street Racing" although the Spanish translation would be "Forbidden Careers" I don't know what the series is called in English


Yea, no. I'm looking to have it here, thanks. I just need a guy willing to run it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:35 am
by BOLGANO
A m e n r i a wrote:
BOLGANO wrote:That would serve in the Portal to the Multiverse.

It also reminds me of the Discovery series "Carreras Prohibidas" or in English "Street Racing" although the Spanish translation would be "Forbidden Careers" I don't know what the series is called in English

You can do it, the idea you had, always the one who had the idea must do it.
Yea, no. I'm looking to have it here, thanks. I just need a guy willing to run it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:36 pm
by Vangaziland
It could always still be here as an underground sport. Maybe people from a variety of places sourced money together to pool prize money for each event. It could be shady enough to include things like syndicates, corporate crooks, to desperate companies in more lawless nations.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:28 am
by Neu Engollon
Vangaziland wrote:It could always still be here as an underground sport. Maybe people from a variety of places sourced money together to pool prize money for each event. It could be shady enough to include things like syndicates, corporate crooks, to desperate companies in more lawless nations.


Yes! I am very interested in how this develops. As long as it does involve a scorinator, however, and not some arbitrary off the cuff decisions on winners by the IC host.