NATION

PASSWORD

Street racing

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Street racing

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:40 am

I've seen some race competitions before, but is there anything for street racing? Like, regular people in regular people vehicles. If anyone's willing to host something like that, I'd love to join.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:18 am

A m e n r i a wrote:I've seen some race competitions before, but is there anything for street racing? Like, regular people in regular people vehicles. If anyone's willing to host something like that, I'd love to join.

Even what I have seen there is only Nascar and F1 but not street racing and it would be interesting to create a Tournament of this, count on me :-)
Ranking KPB: 95 (8.24)
Trigram: BGN
Titles: Wonder Cup 1, Beconailles (Andres Da Silva)

Rainbowsix
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rainbowsix » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:22 am

i think street racing is illegal
This nation doesn't represent my views... this nation represents what I imagine the game Rainbow Six Siege would be like if made into a country
Freedom is never free, so remember those who died for it
My political view down here (updated 2/25/20)
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/4179624586/parties

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:24 am

BOLGANO wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:I've seen some race competitions before, but is there anything for street racing? Like, regular people in regular people vehicles. If anyone's willing to host something like that, I'd love to join.

Even what I have seen there is only Nascar and F1 but not street racing and it would be interesting to create a Tournament of this, count on me :-)

So you gonna host?

Rainbowsix wrote:i think street racing is illegal

A little handwavium should fix that.
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:24 am

Audioslavia made a scorinator for it. Well, for all auto racing, but street circuit included.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:03 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
BOLGANO wrote:Even what I have seen there is only Nascar and F1 but not street racing and it would be interesting to create a Tournament of this, count on me :-)

So you gonna host?

Rainbowsix wrote:i think street racing is illegal

A little handwavium should fix that.

But you shouldn't make some inscriptions to meet the runners. If Bolgano ends as an Host we will have to use a race track since races are prohibited on the streets of the nation

POST 100!!!
Last edited by Bolgano on Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joshenia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshenia » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:29 am

I would definitely take part if such a competition was run

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:56 am

BOLGANO wrote:If Bolgano ends as an Host we will have to use a race track since races are prohibited on the streets of the nation

That defeats the purpose of street racing, man.
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:23 am

Saint Kanye wrote:
BOLGANO wrote:If Bolgano ends as an Host we will have to use a race track since races are prohibited on the streets of the nation

That defeats the purpose of street racing, man.

Unless the participants are regular people and the vehicles are the normal stuff you'd see around.

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:35 am

The thing about the racing scorinator is that it does laps. We'd need whatever rally scorinator Hodori and others use to generate start to end times. If I had such a program, I'd consider it. But I'm not really into hosting, to be fair.

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:12 am

Vangaziland wrote:The thing about the racing scorinator is that it does laps. We'd need whatever rally scorinator Hodori and others use to generate start to end times. If I had such a program, I'd consider it. But I'm not really into hosting, to be fair.

Do you know how to create Scorinators?

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:50 am

Someone tried to start a street racing thread before, but they didn't get enough sign-ups.

There are some nations -- including mine -- that have an established tradition of street racing, but I'm not going to even think about hosting anything until the NSSCRA season ends, and even then, I'm not someone that likes to do a lot of hosting or has a ton of experience.

If I do host a street racing tournament, each participant would be asked to submit a course in their own nation as well as a driver or two. I think it's more realistic that you'd get away with running a street racing series if it was spread across multiple nations where the different police forces are not necessarily coordinating their efforts effectively.

I don't create scorinators, so you'd be looking at some method of scorinating using xkoranate's auto-racing function.

And like I said, I will not be doing anything host-like until the NSSCRA season ends.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:10 am

Short of getting a dedicated scorinator, my suggestion is to make use of what we do have available to us. A good idea would be to use the Athletics- Mens Marathon function (other functions in Athletics can work too)

Test 1:
1 Very High Skill         2:09:12
2 Pretty Good Skill 2:18:42
3 Elite Skill 2:19:42
4 Subpar Skill 2:22:01
5 Absolutely No Skill 2:26:45
6 Mediocre Skill 2:28:12

Test 2:
1 Pretty Good Skill       2:10:46
2 Very High Skill 2:15:010
3 Elite Skill 2:15:37
4 Mediocre Skill 2:16:29
5 Absolutely No Skill 2:21:22
6 Subpar Skill 2:32:32

Test 3:
1 Very High Skill         2:15:58
2 Elite Skill 2:17:04
3 Mediocre Skill 2:28:52
4 Absolutely No Skill 2:29:21
5 Subpar Skill 2:29:30
— Pretty Good Skill DNF

Test 4:
1 Elite Skill             2:10:51
2 Pretty Good Skill 2:14:23
3 Very High Skill 2:19:02
4 Absolutely No Skill 2:20:33
5 Mediocre Skill 2:22:26
6 Subpar Skill 2:25:28

Test 5:
1 Elite Skill             2:07:41
2 Absolutely No Skill 2:19:24
3 Very High Skill 2:19:56
4 Subpar Skill 2:22:23
5 Pretty Good Skill 2:23:52
6 Mediocre Skill 2:29:25

Results are random enough, but sensible.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:17 am

Newmanistan wrote:Short of getting a dedicated scorinator, my suggestion is to make use of what we do have available to us. A good idea would be to use the Athletics- Mens Marathon function (other functions in Athletics can work too)

I was thinking of doing something based on your system for NSSCRA, but present the final result as a total instead of an average and then you don't need to worry about keeping the "laps" the same length, so some courses could have checkpoints of different lengths instead of actual laps.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:03 pm

The Sherpa Empire wrote:
Newmanistan wrote:Short of getting a dedicated scorinator, my suggestion is to make use of what we do have available to us. A good idea would be to use the Athletics- Mens Marathon function (other functions in Athletics can work too)

I was thinking of doing something based on your system for NSSCRA, but present the final result as a total instead of an average and then you don't need to worry about keeping the "laps" the same length, so some courses could have checkpoints of different lengths instead of actual laps.

It's a good idea, but can you really create something for this?

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:15 pm

BOLGANO wrote:
The Sherpa Empire wrote:

It's a good idea, but can you really create something for this?

We're just talking about improvised ways to use xkoranate, not creating a dedicated scorinator.

Newmanistan's suggestion is a viable idea if someone wants to host without doing too much math. It's simpler than what I was thinking.
Last edited by The Sherpa Empire on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:57 pm

The Sherpa Empire wrote:

That would be the better idea if you didn't mind the extra work.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:41 pm

Newmanistan wrote:
The Sherpa Empire wrote:

Apparently he's already decided, just let A N M E R I A do his job

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:40 pm

BOLGANO wrote:
Newmanistan wrote:

Apparently he's already decided, just let A N M E R I A do his job

Now that's just rude, at least just thank these two for their effort. They're some of the nicest people I know here.
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:13 pm

My five cents on it:

I believe street racing shouldn't be legalized or heavily organized like a championship. Just like the Wrestling thing, street racing still has a kind of a "lawless" element.

I think this concept would be nicer as a small but organized roleplay moved mainly by the plot itself, like those happening in NS or II, where the scorination would be just a "clever detail", and not by a proper championship with a proper ladder and a system of points.
Last edited by Lisander on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:04 am

Lisander wrote:My five cents on it:

I believe street racing shouldn't be legalized or heavily organized like a championship. Just like the Wrestling thing, street racing still has a kind of a "lawless" element.

I think this concept would be nicer as a small but organized roleplay moved mainly by the plot itself, like those happening in NS or II, where the scorination would be just a "clever detail", and not by a proper championship with a proper ladder and a system of points.

That would serve in the Portal to the Multiverse.

It also reminds me of the Discovery series "Carreras Prohibidas" or in English "Street Racing" although the Spanish translation would be "Forbidden Careers" I don't know what the series is called in English

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:14 am

BOLGANO wrote:
Lisander wrote:My five cents on it:

That would serve in the Portal to the Multiverse.

It also reminds me of the Discovery series "Carreras Prohibidas" or in English "Street Racing" although the Spanish translation would be "Forbidden Careers" I don't know what the series is called in English

Yea, no. I'm looking to have it here, thanks. I just need a guy willing to run it.

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:35 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
BOLGANO wrote:That would serve in the Portal to the Multiverse.

You can do it, the idea you had, always the one who had the idea must do it.
Yea, no. I'm looking to have it here, thanks. I just need a guy willing to run it.

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:36 pm

It could always still be here as an underground sport. Maybe people from a variety of places sourced money together to pool prize money for each event. It could be shady enough to include things like syndicates, corporate crooks, to desperate companies in more lawless nations.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:28 am

Vangaziland wrote:It could always still be here as an underground sport. Maybe people from a variety of places sourced money together to pool prize money for each event. It could be shady enough to include things like syndicates, corporate crooks, to desperate companies in more lawless nations.

Yes! I am very interested in how this develops. As long as it does involve a scorinator, however, and not some arbitrary off the cuff decisions on winners by the IC host.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports