NATION

PASSWORD

AVBF Rugby Sevens V Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Ross Isles
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ross Isles » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:43 am

ROSS ISLES 7S TO PLAY FOR THE PLATE

BURGUNDEN - After two disappointing defeats on day one of the AVBF Sevens, the Ross Isles national rugby sevens team fought back with a pair of victories. The Lions defeated Danurbia and Buevos Aires 35-7 and 33-7 respectively and these big wins secured the Ross Isles a place in the Plate playoffs, in which the Lions will face off against Terre Septentrionale. Later in the day, the Ross Isles fell to group winners Darmen, losing 33-5 to a strong Darmeni side, who must surely be considered to be one of the favourites to win the tournament. The conclusion of the group stage with the Ross Isles outfit progressing to the Plate playoffs marks an important moment for Ross Isles rugby as a whole, as the initial target set by the Ross Isles Rugby Football Union for the national rugby sevens team in its first entry in international competition has been achieved with stellar performances on the second day of the tournament.
The Dominion of the Ross Isles
Factbook | Domestic Sports Newswire

I am: Christian (Anglo-Catholic), male & British.

Interests: Rugby, cricket, ice hockey, current affairs, the German language/linguistics in general, history & philosophy.

Pro: Constitutional monarchy, Gladstonian liberalism & the UK's continued membership of the EU and/or EEA.

Anti: Disestablishmentarianism, Republicanism & Hard Brexit.

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:49 am

Bolgano 36-12 Ryisa

After finishing the game, Bolgano hoped to meet his rival in the first game for Silver.

Lombardi: The team that touched us is difficult just to say

Peters: Greater Valkolicci Haven, is the team where I will return to the courts

Seets: The bad luck of injuring you in the first game, also how is your shoulder?

Peters: I am ready to play with you tomorrow but I will surely start as a substitute

Hollman: The coach is almost finished talking to the press, we better get on the bus before they call us

Lombardi: You're right, they are surely asking about our failure

Hollman: Let them think what they want, we really did a great job and it will be better if we win the Silver

Peters: Hey, the bus has arrived, get on, I call James

Coach: The press wants to talk to you

Hollman: S*** that happens to us for not rushing

Coach: Only Peters and Lombardi

Lombardi: What do they want?

Coach: Ask them what else do they do?

Peters: You go, it will be fast

They were asked more than 10 questions about how they lost and how they will be their next opponent and when they realized 30 minutes have passed.

Lombardi: It took so long that they already left

Peters: Sure they are already in the hotel, another thing is that they will come to look for us so let's hope

Spend another hour

Lombardi: It is 11:00 at night and the bus no longer passes and surely not a Taxi
Ranking KPB: 95 (8.24)
Trigram: BGN
Titles: Wonder Cup 1, Beconailles (Andres Da Silva)

Geektopia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Geektopia » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:13 pm

Geektivities

Well, this should be fun. Hey all, I'm your host, Gary Rozensweig and let's talk about what's been going on in my other podcast. It's been coming to my attention that MacMost Yow!™ is reaching its 2000th podcast episode and I haven't been delivering on my schedule. Well, we here at the production and backstage center are real sorry to hear that but what we have to say is ::YOU SHOULD'VE EXPECTED THIS TO HAPPEN WITH A PODCAST AS LENGTHY AS THAT ONE::

Now, for the sports section I'm really excited to cover. We've tied our group stage record 2-0-2 with Aimena and I just can't wait to rub this in their ogrish faces, haha! Well I guess we still have a little to settle if we both lose in Quarter-Finals, but it feels great to even go to a knockout stage and try to win something and I'm sure I can say that too for our Aimenan friends. Oh yeah, did you guys know that our new king's still a DOUCHE?? Well, he hasn't started his office yet but my magic goddamn 8-ball tells all here.

} Had enough fruit punch there, Rozen?

*cut*
------------------------------
FACTBOOKS
Kings: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1198022
Language: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1288251
Rugby: Rugby Sevens Bowl (2nd), Rugby World Cup 28 (R16)
Assoc. Football: CoH 77 (2nd), Di Bradini Cup 48 (Ro16), World Cup 86 (Qualifying), CoH 78 (Group Stage), World Cup 87 (Ro16), World Cup 88 (Qualifying), Di Bradini Cup 50 (Group Stage), The National in Xanneria (1st), World Cup 89 (Qualifying), CoH 81 (Ro16), World Cup 90 (Qualifying), CoH 82 (Group Stage)
Lacrosse: World Championships 28 (Group Stage), World Championships 33 (Group Stage), World Championships 34 (Group Stage)
Kosovo is Kosovo and they play pretty good football to boot :)

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:23 pm

Fifth Annual AVBF Sevens Tournament (2019 Edition)

CUT OFF for Quarterfinals Scoring (3rd IC Day Morning matches)
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:45 pm

CONFEDERACY PARK, BURGUNDEN
QUARTER FINALS

THE CUP

Neu Engollon 12–29 Elejamie
Alice Bay 12–31 Darmen
Lisander 24–17 Abanhfleft
Natanians and Nosts 12–24 Copper Cuprum

THE PLATE

Hutanjia 45–0 Aimena
Ouna 43–7 Khazuul
Terre Septentrionale 26–12 The Ross Isles
Bolgano 29–7 Greater Valkolicci Haven

THE BOWL

United Civil States 12–26 Kriegiersien
Kandonica 7–29 Munnius
Solenial 40–12 Riysa
Pambudia 12–31 Geektopia

SEMI FINAL MATCHUPS

THE CUP

Copper Cuprum vs Elejamie
Lisander vs Darmen

THE PLATE

Hutanjia vs Bolgano
Ouna vs Terre Septentrionale

THE BOWL

Geektopia vs Kriegiersien
Solenial vs Munnius
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:41 am

mephone ⋯ Catarina Scott
notes.app
01:43

The first generation of Irises sevens (Armada, Gear brothers, Linzmeyer, Carrasso, Alfyn, Sarto) is already a reality in Irises XV. Tested and experienced, they are the ultimate in national rugby. The next Rugby World Cup will possibly be the last of some of them. The second generation of sevens (Morian, Castell, Alte, Porto), graduates of the U-20 World Cup, won in time all (or almost all) they could win, and should also wear the green shirt at the XV in soon They just won't win the third consecutive edition of AVBF Sevens (which would be frank favorites) because of the silly fight between LRU and professional teams, which is a pity, but not a big blow to national rugby. And that's not enough because we have a strong future. Even a team of boys from the second division and from the universities is brave enough to stand up to the house owners and lose for just one conversion.

Now is the time for these boys to show why they came. Because on the other side comes a very strong team. Just like last year, Darmen is our opponent in the semifinals. If last year's 33-12 win was a highlight of the event (which led the Irises to a historic final and their first win against Hutanjia), this year's prognosis is different. Darmen has a more experienced team. The entire Sevens squad has been retained, which demonstrates a commitment to keeping the team long term. On our side, only Matias Baudelaire and Hugo Pilar played the AVBF Sevens IV. I believe, not unreservedly, that our quality of play can defeat the "continuity" of the Darmen team. It's not the ideal way to win, after all rugby is played with fifteen (in this case seven), but if that's the way we have to go this time, let's go with him, looking for the third straight title in Burgunden.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Ouna
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Quarter Finals success - Ouna

Postby Ouna » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:24 am

Ouna victorious over Khazuul

The Rastas surprisingly surpassed expectations with an emphatic win over Khazuul to reach the semi-final of the AVBF R7's Plate.

The starting VII saw the return of Klocht, Moddejonge, Bloem and Slettenaar who ran through the Khazuul opposition like knives through butter.

The match began quite nervy for the Ouna team, as a loose pass was swiftly intercepted by Tsgin Zkhiliiw, tearing the Ounaian defence wide open and scoring the first try of the day. The conversion was easily located in the centre of the park, and Khazuul then lead 7-0.

As the first quarter drew to a close in looked like Khazuul would perhaps have the better day, yet a similarly catastrophic stray pass from Zkhiliiw got picked up by Bosma. Elsbroek reaching they try line with the ball. All even after the conversion at 7-7.

From there on out Ouna dominated the game as nerves and morning grogginess faded away. The team are in high spirits and good form, as they are set to face Terre Septentrionale. Both teams have managed to conquer The Ross Isles in the tournament so far and seem evenly matched. It will be down to the wire.

In other news, Rubber Chicken sales are up 1,093% in the African Republic after fans became enthralled with the pre-match ritual of Copper Cuprum, who now progress to the semi finals of the loftier AVBF R7's Cup. It is said that the actual team have been using real chickens, but others believe the squawking heard to be 'Scared little sissy Copper Cuprum's not wanting to play'. It's safe to say there are no chickens in Ouna's dressing room this week.

Visit Ouna

Map

*official puppet of the Pacific States of Solenial*

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:59 pm

Group A Roundup
Dave Carrey - Burgenden, Neu Engollon

So that was a group stage run, wasn't it? Plenty of highs, a few lows and overall good fun. Sure the weather wasn't that pleasant on the first day, which kind of put a dampener on things and may have affected a couple of our matches, presumably affecting other matches as well, but there were still some matches that were worth the trip to Burgenden. Granted, anything's worth a trip to Burgenden since it's a beautiful city and everything, but let's face it most of us concentrate on those three days of the year. Now enough praises, enough filler, let's talk about each match. Here goes.

First up, let's talk about our opener against Khazuul. And, trust me, I'm not looking forward to explaining this, if only because the players' names required a lot of copy and pasting. Either way, we got off to quite a good start when, roughly two minutes in, we managed to break past their defence and scored a try, courtesy of Gary Toda who'd later go on to convert it. Too bad Yngh Ngh'wiisakh would score the first try for his side; although his twin(?) Trkh failed to nail the conversion, with the ball bouncing off the posts and into touch, he did score a penalty shortly afterwards to give them an 8-7 lead. A lead that'd disappear towards the end of the half when David Kramer scored a try of his own sometime before the break. Throw in a second Toda conversion and you've got a 14-8 lead for Elejamie going into half-time. Not too shabby.

Gary Toda, whose kicking was absolutely on fire
throughout the group stages. Don't believe me? Check out
his performance against the United Civil Republic.
The second half saw Khazuul score a second penalty shortly after the break, courtesy of Trkh Ngh'wiisakh, to bring the deficit down to three. However, we weren't deterred as Kramer would go on to score his second try of the match nine minutes into it, just receiving the ball from Adam McCracken inside the Khazuulian 22 before running underneath the posts and grounding it for the five. Following a third successful Toda conversion, we were now 21-11 up and it looked like we were going to have this one in the bag. Even when Khazuul scored their third and final penalty, it wasn't enough to shake our boys. Especially when, a minute from time, Paul Koppel scored try number four for Elejamie and Toda made it four out of four with his conversions, essentially handing us a win. They came close to scoring their second try just past the 14 minute mark but Diego Molina and Mike Decker forced Quur Mnghrkhuuw into touch to end the match and give us a 28-14 win.

Next up, we had our inevitable second game defeat, this time against Copper Cuprum. The upside was that it wasn't us hoping to win only to fall at the final hurdle, it was more us aiming for a draw in the dying minutes but the fates and a bit of bad weather deciding against it. It wasn't the most exciting of matches either, which is why I'll be explaining it in a single paragraph. Copper Cuprum scored first three minutes in, thanks to a try from Irakta Kasunga and a conversion from their captain Banunu Honele. We then scored two minutes later thanks to a try from Adam McCracken, which also got converted by Gary Toda. No one else scored for that half and it ended 7-7. We did, however, open up the second half with a second try from McCracken, which also got converted by Toda to give us a 14-7 lead. However, Marcus Ruiz would get sinbinned for a poorly-timed tackle on Honele, which would later give Honele enough room to score a converted try of his own. With Ruiz back on the pitch right after, they'd score their third and final try courtesy of Ismail Govore, who came on as a subsitute shortly after their second try; with a third and final conversion from Honele and time running out, we desperately needed a try or two to stand a chance of coming away with a win and a chance of salvaging a dull match. Although McCracken completed his hat-trick, Toda was unable to convert and, once the match ended, we lost 21-19. A disappointing result and a disappointing match, with both sides not really putting in that much effort, but I'll still congratulate Copper Cuprum on their victory.

Thirdly, we had Aimena to round off the first day. It went a bit better than thst earlier match but it still wasn't anything exciting, especially with the bad weather from earlier; not enough to disrupt the Festival or any of the other matches too much but it still put a dampener on things. They scored first, thanks to a try from Quadragol just being able to put the ball down on the far-left side of the pitch, although sadly for the home side the ball came nowhere near the posts when it came time for the conversion. Gary Toda would score a try of his own shortly afterwards but his conversion also missed the posts, although it was a bit closer this time than the Aimenan attempt. Not to mention he'd more than make up for it with a penalty of his own six minutes in, which sailed straight through the posts to give us an 8-5 lead, a scoreline that would remain so until half-time.

The weather had cleared up slightly in time for the second half, although it still looked a bit dismal. Paul Koppel scored our second try of the match just thirty seconds after the start of the half, with Toda finally being able to convert it, to extend our lead even more. We came close to scoring another try shortly afterwards but it had to be ruled out when it turned out Toda had knocked it on before he grounded it. To make matters worse, Aimena would go on to score their second try, courtesy of Astuulgold, with Dimensolplexdex finally getting their conversion to put them within three points. Fortunately, we managed to get the heat off us when Toda would finally score that try two minutes from time, receiving the ball from David Kramer and rushing all the way down the pitch, dodging the opposing forwards, before he finally slid over the line for the try. He was able to convert it and his side managed to hold off the Aimenan might until the final whistle blew once that ball went into touch, giving us a 22-12 win to round off the first day.

The next day, we had to take on the United Civil Republic, or UCR as I'll call them for this paragraph and the next. Fortunately the weather had fully cleared up since then so we were able to get closer shots on the posts and other such stuff. Unfortunately, this was where I start to not know who was playing for our opponents, made especially worse because none of the official sites were helping either. So I'll try my best to explain who did what. Anyway, we were able to get a lead very early on when they kicked off and the ball landed right in the hands of Diego Molina, who'd go on to pass it to David Kramer, who did a back and forth thing with Adam Gates (who was starting instead of McCracken) until they reached the UCR 22, at which point Gates passed it over to Koppel who'd ground it for try #1. Toda would easily get the extras. Elejamie would score again shortly afterwards, with UCR trying their hardest to push Gates away from their try-line but to no avail as he was just able to ground the ball to extend Elejamie's lead even more, with Toda also converting it. Speaking of Gary Toda, he also scored Elejamie's first drop goal of the tournament just past the 7 minute mark, when rather than risk entering the UCR 22 and get tackled by their forwards, decided to boot it from 25m out and watch it sail cleanly through the posts to give his side a 17-0 lead going into half-time.

Fortunately, UCR were able to bounce back from that by scoring their first and only try in the second half, when just over a minute in they took advantage of a failed penalty by catching the ball and slotting it down in between the posts, which lead to a successful conversion to make the scores 17-7. It didn't smart for long, however, as less than two minutes later Gary Toda would score another try of his own when he pushed his way past a UCR forward, a move that wouldn't be out of place in gridiron, then grounded the ball to make it 22-7; he'd go on to make a successful conversion. Things went from bad to worse for UCR when they saw a player red-carded with just under a minute to go for a poor tackle of Mike Decker, who was promptly substituted for Riley Kroger. To round things off, Kramer would score another try just before time, with Toda scoring his fourth and final conversion of the match to make it 31-7 to Elejamie, which would turn out to be the final score of the match, with Toda being responsible for just over half of those points. Hopefully they won't end up like Bvriania (remember them?), who actually banned Toda from their country because he also put that many points against them. I am not making that up.

And, finally, we had Widovia. They hadn't won any of their games going into their match, with the closest they came to victory being a 24-12 defeat to Khazuul that morning. So, naturally, this was going to go as well as one would expect. Expect it didn't really, as they did push us to our limits at a few places. Like a minute in, when we went through 15 phases before Gary Toda finally scored a try. Sure he wasn't able to convert it due to it just sailing under the posts thanks a surprisingly weak kick but he more than made up for it with a perfect penalty to give Elejamie an 8-0 lead after two minutes. This was then followed by another try, this time from Adam McCracken, which was fortunately converted to make it 15-0 to Elejamie. That scoreline would become 15-7 when they scored a try and a conversion, thanks to a bit of clever tactics and good timing, and it would remain so going into the break.

In the second half, they came very close to making it two on the bounce very early on before we were just able to get them into touch. They came close again shortly after with a scrum inside our 22 but we were able to win that. Indeed, that scrum would eventually lead to a third Elejamian try, when Adam McCracken just made it to the try line and, as he got tackled, grounded the ball for another set of five, with Gary Toda converting from 33m out to extend our lead even further. Afterwards, there was a lot of back and forth with both teams just managing to stop their opponents from scoring tries right until the 12th minute when a Widovian player got tackled by Marcus Ruiz and Riley Kroger managed to grab the ball, passing it over to David Kramer who'd make his way up the pitch, passing it back and forth between himself, Gary Toda and Paul Koppel, the latter of whom would score the final try of the match and the middle would score a conversion to put the final nail in the coffin. Not much after that happened, although when it looked like Widovia were going to score a late try to bring that deficit down, Kroger was just able to tackle them, Molina recovered the ball and passed it over to Koppel, who simply ran into touch to end the match. Final score? 29-7.

Captain Diego Molina, seen here lining up for the
Auckhampton Birch Trees in their ERC 7s Plate final
against Rosetta
So where did that leave us? Second. Again. Copper Cuprum finished top of the table thanks to them sweeping all of their games, followed by us. Khazuul were lucky enough to finish third thanks to them winning three games but losing two. Swap around those wins and losses and you get how Aimena was able to finish fourth. the United Civil Republic came fifth with a single win, 24-10 against Widovia who'd finish last with five straight losses. A disappointing result, yes, but it's been happening quite a lot lately so I don't know if a change of coaches, a change of players, both or just carrying on with what we're doing now will change things. I'll leave it up to the ERF to decide, since they'd have a better idea of what to do.

So where are we playing next? Fortunately, we did well enough to compete in the Cup stage, albeit at the eighth seed. Which is going to be a bit of an uphil battle, especially since we'll be up against Neu Engollon, who not only won all of their Group X games but essentially blitzed the competition, with their closest game being a 21-19 win over Lisander. And then there were the 45-7 and 38-0 demolitions of Lackedaemon and Kandonica respectively, the former in their opener and the latter in their closer. Yes, we're going to have to put things into overdrive if we're to stand a chance. Other Cup stage games include Darmen vs Alice Bay, Abanhfleft vs Lisander and Copper Cuprum vs the Natanians and Nosts.

Anything else to mention? Yes, Plate games. Hutanjia vs Aimena, Khazuul vs Ouna, Terre Septentrionale vs the Ross Isles and Bolgano vs the Greater Vakolicci Haven. Bowl games? Kriegiersien (yes, really, I though they were going to be at least plate) vs the United Civil States, Munnius vs Kandonica, Solenial vs Riysa and Geektopia vs Pambudia. And who made an early exit from the tournament? New Quomir, Danurbia, Lackedaemon and Widovia, all of whom failed to win a single game, as well as the United Civil Republic and Buevos Aires, who did manage to win a game (and, in BA's case, come second from last) but it wasn't enough to see them through. Predictions? Lisander to lift the Cup, Hutanjia to win the Plate and Kriegiersien to take home the Bowl. Anything else other than those? No, not really. Now, here's hoping for a fun and exciting quarter-finals. I hope you enjoy them too.

More from Dave Carrey:

• Dave Carrey's Brief Guide to the Fifth AVBF Rugby Sevens, Group A
  • Dave's Blog: Brew is the Warmest Colour
  • Dave Carrey's Guide to the 2019-20 ERC Season
  • ERC Sevens 2019 Roundup
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:42 pm

Bolgano 297 Greater Valkolicci Heaven
After solving the problem with the bus, the players meet again this time for the quarterfinal match of the Plate Tournament.

Carl Peters on the bench and the other 7 playing, expected a very close game where it was, the first Trielo made R. Holbart with a great individual play and another of Sets, with a first time in favor 14-0, James Tinow no He had more choice to play the best player of the Bolgano team, Carl Peters, waiting for his entry while before he will enter, in the second half, Franco Lombardi will achieve a Trie and place the score 21-0, Lmbardi already leads 8 Tries in 6 games where he is the greatest scorer of the team, and finally making the change, Carl Peters enters for Hollman to play his second game and applauded throughout the stadium, he began to play a little tired due to his short time off the court, although they scored a Trie against 21-7, he didn't want the desire to convert a Trie for Peters at all, he won a game together with Lombardi and together they managed to make a Trie although before Peters scored his fourth Trie on only two games, one player he hit him right in the man although he did not stop, before the end Peters again suffers a foul where everyone punished that the Criminal that the referee decided would perform on play, no, they decided to kick him, due to Peters's pain, he will be able to score Penalty and finish the game once finishing it 29-7.

Coach: I'm sorry, Peters, but he thought we have to check you again, you can't play with Hutanija like that.

Peters: It's not necessary I can play like that, it was just a touch.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:31 pm

CUT OFF for Semifinals Scoring (3rd IC Day Afternoon matches)
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:53 pm

SEMI FINALS

THE CUP

Elejamie 26–14 Copper Cuprum
Lisander 29–7 Darmen

THE PLATE

Terre Septentrionale 14–26 Ouna
Hutanjia 21-19 Bolgano (Scored by Apox)

THE BOWL

Kriegiersien 24–26 Geektopia
Solenial 33–14 Munnius

FINALS MATCHUPS

THE CUP

Lisander vs Elejamie

THE PLATE

Ouna vs Hutanjia

THE BOWL

Geektopia vs Solenial
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Factbook

Geektopia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Geektopia » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:14 pm

Geektivities

[X]Deleted[X]
Last edited by Geektopia on Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FACTBOOKS
Kings: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1198022
Language: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1288251
Rugby: Rugby Sevens Bowl (2nd), Rugby World Cup 28 (R16)
Assoc. Football: CoH 77 (2nd), Di Bradini Cup 48 (Ro16), World Cup 86 (Qualifying), CoH 78 (Group Stage), World Cup 87 (Ro16), World Cup 88 (Qualifying), Di Bradini Cup 50 (Group Stage), The National in Xanneria (1st), World Cup 89 (Qualifying), CoH 81 (Ro16), World Cup 90 (Qualifying), CoH 82 (Group Stage)
Lacrosse: World Championships 28 (Group Stage), World Championships 33 (Group Stage), World Championships 34 (Group Stage)
Kosovo is Kosovo and they play pretty good football to boot :)

Ouna
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

The Final Hurdle - Ouna

Postby Ouna » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:42 am

"Well boys, you've done it."

Jan Habana is sitting on a beer keg under one of the gazebos around the back of the Main Stage of AVBF. The smell of fast food lingers through the air, wetting the appetites of the nutritionally regimented Ounaians. They've been on a drinking ban ever since that disastrous day two when they were so hungover they almost slept in for their match against Alice Bay. That's not to take anything away from AB's victory - but when the Ouna coach saw the quality which his side could play at a sheet or two to the wind, he decided to test them to see how far they could go.

"You've done me and your whole country proud. Your performances this competition have been absolutely unshakeable. Fair enough you struggled against two teams - who have vastly more experience than you. You've learned and put that in the back of your heads ready for the next challenge. And this will be a challenge boys." Jan warns.

The sun beams on the young Lars Woerdman, who is positioned half-in and half-out of the gazebo. His darkened, peaty skin glistens with a bead of sweat which runs down his brow and onto his very thin moustache. It is a hot day in Neu Engollon, one which would be considered hot even at home in Africa, perhaps this will play into the Ounaians hands with them having experience with a hot climate.

He has very much enjoyed this exhibition. Growing up in the rural Lilonlongwe region of Ouna, Lars worked as a teenager on a safari reserve cleaning the lodges for wealthy visitors. His family had just enough money however to send him to college in Muhanmaga, were he found Rugby League and Soccer. Being a heavy-set guy, it turned out those nights seeing the Hippos battling in the Vidara Delta were a foreshadowing to his future exploits on the rugby field.

He is a natural talent, at only 19 years of age, he has played only 15 minutes of the tournament so far but loved every minute of it. It is also the very first time he has left his home country, and the new experiences he has had in Neu Engollon have been ones to cherish. He even intends to study a course in the Frandit language when he returns home.

"We have to leave soon, but let me just say; keep moving at all times, use the space, and don't waste any time. Enjoy yourselves as well and regardless of the outcome we'll have a hell of a party tonight lads, LET'S GO!"

The gazebo erupts into chants in swahili and mentions of Solenial being fairies, as the Rastas work their way into a frenzy. A festival worker nearby who is smoking a cigarette chagrins - presumably wanting the strange African men to calm down.

The team take off their coats and reveal their trusty unwashed sky blue/mud coloured jerseys, and head down to the playing field.

AVBF Rugby 7's V Plate Final - Ouna vs Hutanjia/Bolgano

The teams head out onto the the field and line up for the National Anthems.

The mind-numbingly boring/woofully emphatic national anthem of Hutanjia/Bolgano rings out through the stadium PA - which is actually very decent as is used to broadcast the festival's music acts. And then follows Ouna's...

National Anthem of Ouna

They've played the wrong f***ing one! Yells Jan-Dirk Klocht as the Ouna head coach runs to the DJ booth. After a few moments of commotion the actual National Anthem plays...

The actual National Anthem of Ouna

"Come on lads, we've got this now" - an impassioned and teary-eyed Jan-Dirk whispers to his team. The Anthem ends and the team are riled up for the big game.

The Ounaians are kicking off, and none other than the young Lars Woerdman is the one to do it. With a great thud (and relief on Lars' part) the ball is lifted a hundred feet into the air - and the game is underway.
Last edited by Ouna on Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Ouna

Map

*official puppet of the Pacific States of Solenial*

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Peters injury?

Coach: If it was just a touch, why did you leave the field with a face of pain?

Peters: It was only that moment you can calm down

Coach: I apologize but I will have to call my son (Lewis Tinow is the son of James Tinow and the team doctor)

After Lewis observed his arm he realized something bad

Lewis: Bad news, not only is the shoulder but also part of the Radio is also injured

Lombardi: Does it mean that the injury reached the arm?

Lewis: Yes

Coach: Can you play?

Lewis: Fortunately, yes, but how violent this sport is sure will hurt you instantly, you will have to take care of yourself.

Coach: He will play in the first team so everyone to train, the most important game is coming

Peters: You didn't hear that the problem would be difficult if I hurt myself even more

Coach: Yes, but you are strong so you will play in the first team, the next game will be the most important and I want you to play it

Hollman: Anyway, come on there is not much time the game will be in an hour

Bolgano - Hutanija
Despite the delay, the match that will define the last place for the Silver final will begin ...

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:51 pm

SEMI FINALS

THE PLATE

Hutanjia 21-17 Bolgano (Scored by Apox)

FINALS MATCHUPS

THE CUP

Lisander vs Elejamie

THE PLATE

Ouna vs Hutanjia

THE BOWL

Geektopia vs Solenial

[OOC: Sorry Bolgano, finally able to post results via Apox as my data wasn't working til now and we're in a blackout here. You put up a valiant fight.]
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:58 am

Bolgano 17-21 Hutanija
With his best injured player and within the first seven, Carl Peters since starting the game could only make short passes since he did not risk throwing hard to not receive any strong pain, in one of those plays he decided to play with his typical runs that we see in the League of Rugby Union in Bolgano, despite their efforts about 10 meters marked 2 players and had no one near where he decided to kick the Ball and when everyone thought that Lombardi arrived on time but a defender saved the team and decided to run to the Bolgano field where sadly they make us a Trie, the score 7-0 and when the game is resumed, Hutanija's team returns to do their own thing and make another dangerous play, Peters to avoid the Trie decides to tackle his rival but in his attempt he hurts his arm, 14-0 and for he finished before the close of the first part in a Scrum, Hutanija returns to score and place the score 21-0 in the first half.

Coach: I'll get you Peters

Peters: No

Coach: Now what?

Peters: Just wait

At the beginning of the second half Peters caught the ball and decided to run together with Lombardi and Hollman, after some incurable plays Peters ends up doing a Trie, the fifth in what goes in the tournament, they converge perfectly and start looking for the comeback, Peters despite his injury managed to continue and do 2 more Tries but since they were in the bands, both were unsuccessful, despite Peters Hat Trick, Bolgano loses his game and will have to go to his nation to think about the RUCT that Reds Fedek and Warriors will participate, for those who do not play in those 2 teams will have vacations.

Why we lost is not the end of this team

After a final review of Peters, have a good time with some beer, and watch the final game, the Bolgano team prepares to travel to their nation, the players prepare their bags and decide to go to the airport for their trip.

Lombardi: I will never forget these 3 days in Neu Engollon

R. Holbart: Although we don't win the Silver we play very well

D. Holbart: Who had the best Tries average among all of us?

R. Holbart: It was Peters, in 3 games 7 Tries while Lombardi 8 Tries in 7 games

Lombardi: Sure if I were here I would be very believed by these 7 Tries

Hollman: He left first with James and Lewis because of his injury and should almost be arriving in Bolgano.

After passing through the airport and arriving in Bolgano, the 12 players gather for a farewell.

Peters: And now that?

Lombardi: Rest, I will go to Fedek in a few hours where many must do it too.

R. Holbart: I hope to see each other again

Peters: Quiet, we all play in the same league, there is no reason to be sad

Sets: Yes, but only 6 Rugby Union players were chosen and 6 Rugby League players

Peters: Again, calm since the BRF will have its Rugby 7s league

Lombardi: It was good these 3 days there at the AVBF but we will not be back very soon

The players say goodbye and go to their respective cities, return with their families and return to their teams, they were good morning but for a defeat does not mean the end of a team.

OOC: Blackouts ?, well in Venezuela a lot happens, I think that currently minimum one per month so calm Neu Engollon
Last edited by Bolgano on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:58 pm

Welcome back to the fourth AVBF Sevens here in Burgenden, Neu Engollon. Hope you've had a nice lunch, I certainly had. But hopefully you should be hungry for some semi-finals actions, especially after that gripping bowl quarter-final between Pambudia and Geektopia, that thriller between Copper Cuprum and the Natanians and Nosts and that display of power between Bolgano and the Greater Vakolicci Haven. And trust me, we've got a great selection for you this afternoon. Stay tuned.

Anyway, we've got a great matchup on show for you this evening, ladies and gentlemen, as Elejamie face Copper Cuprum in a Group A rematch. The last time these two teams met was Friday afternoon, when the Copperites were able to prevent a draw and come away with a 21-19 victory. While they carried on their run of good form, Elejamie had to fight back and clawed their way to a second spot. And now, following wins against Neu Engollon and the Natanians and Nosts, we'll be seeing if the world #1 will get their revenge or if Copper Cuprum makes it two out of two.

Now here we are, here's both sides running out onto Exhibition Pitch B; Terre Septentrionale vs Ouna and Kriegiersien vs Geektopia are available on Exhibition Pitches A and C respectively, we'll be concentrating on the action on Pitch B. Back to this match, now, and no changes from last time for the Elejamian side whereas Copper Cuprum have made a couple of changes from their 24-12 win over the Natanians and Nosts: Rex Barber and Chorode Hizekte replace Homeka Omega and Satusa Heyedy respectively up front, whereas Noel Berry's stepping in for Irakta Kasugna. Coin toss now, it lands on tails and it's Copper Cuprum to kick-off. Both captains shaking hands with each other, referee's Alexander Rovatanka from Hutanjia, let's get this thing going.

0:00 - Whistle's blown and we're underway! Copperite fly-half and captain Banunu Honele gives it a powerful kick, with the ball landing in arms of Elejamian captain Diego Molina...

>1:00 - Elejamie with a penalty now from 32m out. Toda right in between the posts, should be an easy kick for him. He lines up the shot, gives it a kick and it's good! Elejamie 3, Copper Cuprum 0. Gary Toda opens up the scoring with a perfect penalty.

>2:00 - ... Berry. Berry now over to Honele. Honele rushes down before he gets tackled by Decker. Tabuta Isoka recovers and then passes over to Vobeda Polema. In the 22 now. Polema back over to Isoka. Offloads it to Berry. Berry just dodges Ruiz before he's brought down by Molina. Isoka recovers and then passes it over to Polema. Polema just gets brought down a couple of metres away from the line. Berry recovers, passes it to Isoka. Isoka's trying to get past Decker and Ruiz. Do they stop him? NO! He just manages to put it down for a try. Elejamie 3, Copper Cuprum 5. And Copper Cuprum have pushed themselves ahead.

Honele to convert from 30m out. A bit of a tricky angle but he should be able to get it through. Deep breaths. Lines up the shot. He kicks. It's good, it's good. And it's just barely through. Elejamie 3, Copper Cuprum 7.

>4:00 - Decker catches the ball after that kick and then passes it over to Kramer to begin the Elejamian offensive. Kramer passes it to Koppel. Koppel gets tackled. McCracken recovers and passes it to Kramer. Kramer gets tackled by Hizekte. Toda gets it in time and then passes it to McCracken. McCracken rushes into the 22! Is he going for a try? No, he gets taken down by Barker. Toda recovers, passes it to Kramer. Kramer get tacked, Koppel recovers and passes it to McCracken who just slides it down for a try. Elejamie 8, Copper Cuprum 7. And the home side is back in front now.

Toda now to convert from 35m out. Not the easiest angles to work with again but he should be able to get this one converted. He lines up the shot, gives it a kick... it barely scrapes the bar but it's through. Elejamie 10, Copper Cuprum 7. The Elejamian flyhalf extending his side's lead and giving them a little bit of breathing room.

>6:00 - Honele with a penalty from 29m out now. A bit of wins picking up now and he's not in the most ideal position. This could be bad but he's going for it anyway. He kicks. It's going, it's going. And that has sailed wide. The score remains Elejamie 10, Copper Cuprum 7. Bet he's disappointed by that miss. The Elejamians certainly aren't.

~7:00 - ... Just past the 7 minute mark now, next out of play ends the half. Kramer. Kramer passes it to Koppel. Koppel gets tackled and Kramer recovers, passing it over to Toda. Toda tries to make his way down the pitch but he's surrounded by Hizekte and Oweda. He's trying to advance but they're blocking his way. A bit of a maul going on now as David Kramer and Adam McCracken join in to help their teammate out while Polema joins in to make a difference. Will Elejamie be able to make it further or will Copper Cuprum stop them in their tracks? Copper Cuprum stopped them in their tracks as the ball goes out into touch.

And, with that, Rovatanka blows the whistle for half-time, both sets of players go off for a breather and a word from their coaches. Your score going into half-time is Elejamie 10, Copper Cuprum 7. A converted try plus a Toda penalty versus a single converted try. We'll go for a quick break now before getting back to some more sevens action. Don't go anywhere.

7:00 - And we're back for the second half. Gary Toda kicks to start it, the ball landing in the arms of Noel Berry who proceeds to make his way up the pitch...

>8:00 - ... Hizekte recovers the ball from Koppel and begins the Copperite counter-attack by passing it to Berry. Berry over to Polema. Polema reaches the halfway point before getting tackled by Kramer. A mad scuffle for the ball but Honele reaches it in time and passes it to Isoka. Isoka over to Polema. Polema offloads it to Berry. He's in the clear but Ruiz and Molina are hot on his heels? Do they catch him? No, he just gets it down past the line for five. What a try from Noel Berry. Elejamie 10, Copper Cuprum 12. With that try, Copper Cuprum have regained their lead.

Honele with his second conversion from 31m out. He's hoping to make up for that missed penalty earlier. Will he be able to? He kicks and we wait. It's through and it's Elejamie 10, Copper Cuprum 14. Now Elejamie are starting to feel the pressure again.

>10:00 - ... Elejamie wins the line-out in their 22 and Molina passes the ball over to Toda. He quickly passes it over to McCracken before getting the ball back. Another pass to Kramer. Kramer goes down but Decker recovers. Is he going to pass it to a teammate? No, he's going to kick the ball up the pitch. Risky but it should work. Wait, what's this? Toda dodges the opposition and recovers the ball. He dodges another player and makes a run for it. Yes, Gary Toda's free! He's in the clear! He sprints down the pitch, he's in between the posts, he's... stopped in between the posts, either to showboat or to get his breath back. And he puts it down for a set of five. Elejamie 15, Copper Cuprum 14. And Elejamie have stormed ahead again with an uneasy lead, with the hope of a larger lead and plenty of space on Toda's shoulders.

Toda to convert his own try from 30m out. He's got a good angle to work with and he's Elejamie 17, Copper Cuprum 14. And Gary Toda has given his side some much-needed breathing room. He's hoping they can keep that lead.

>11:00 - ... Honele kicks and it lands in the arms of Molina. Molina advances up the pitch before passing to Koppel. Offloads it to McCracken. McCracken goes down but Koppel recovers and passes it to Kramer. Kramer makes his way down the pitch but he just gets tackled by Barber. Koppel recovers and passes it to Toda. Is he going to run for it? It's not too far- No, he kicks it! It's sailing! And it's a drop goal for Elejamie, all thanks to Gary Toda. Elejamie 20, Copper Cuprum 14. Copper Cuprum need a converted try if they want to regain their lead yet again.

>12:00 - Penalty now for Elejamie as a result of that poor tackle from Hizekte. . Gary Toda to try and score from 29m out. Not in the best of positions, a bit to the right of the posts, but with any luck he should make it. Deep breath. He kicks. And it's good. Elejamie 23, Copper Cuprum 14. And I think this game is out of the Copperites' grasp.

~14:00 - And we're now around 14 minute mark as Gary Toda gets ready for a penalty. Regardless of whether or not this kick makes it, Elejamie will be walking away with a win and a potential shot at the title. Toda knows it which is why he's taking his time with it. 31m out. He lines up the shot, he kicks it. Will it make it through? It does and he hammers an extra 3-point nail into the coffin.

And, with that, the ref blows his whistle to end the match. Final score: Elejamie 26, Copper Cuprum 14. Elejamie are through to the final where they'll either contend for the Tillman Trophy against Lisander or face up against Darmen. Meanwhile, looking over at the other matches and from my info, Ouna won their Plate semi-final by the same score whereas Geektopia just scraped a 26-24 victory against Kriegiersien. And now, as everyone gets ready and everything gets set up for the other semi-finals, we go back to the studio for analysis and highlights. See you all in a bit.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:38 am

CUT OFF for Finals Scoring
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:44 am

FINALS

THE CUP

Lisander 15–17 Elejamie

THE PLATE

Hutanjia 31-5 Ouna (Scored by Lisander)

THE BOWL

Solenial 33–28 Geektopia

Congrats to the new champs! Commiserations to Lisander who must pass the Maracalo Cup over to Elejamie; to Ouna and Geektopia, as well. Well played all. Thanks for attending, playing and imbibing. We'll see you next year!
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

Khazuul
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Khazuul » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:15 am

Neu Engollon wrote:
(Image)

FINALS

THE CUP

Lisander 15–17 Elejamie

THE PLATE

Hutanjia 31-5 Ouna (Scored by Lisander)

THE BOWL

Solenial 33–28 Geektopia

Congrats to the new champs! Commiserations to Lisander who must pass the Maracalo Cup over to Elejamie; to Ouna and Geektopia, as well. Well played all. Thanks for attending, playing and imbibing. We'll see you next year!

Thank you for hosting this great cup.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports