NATION

PASSWORD

Futsal World Cup - Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Futsal World Cup
Secretary

Founded: Jul 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Futsal World Cup » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:02 pm

Futsal World Cup wrote:FWCC Voting
    To Be Voted On
  • Proposed New Constitution

1. Proposed New Constitution
      Given the past issues, a proposed new constitution was written by Lisander to replace the interim original constitution which had been created by BOLGANO. This new proposed constitution, found here needs to be voted on.
        The Futsal World Cup Committee (members here) may vote on the issue. Choices are:
          Accept the Constitution as is
          Re-open debate and discussion to address specific concerns
          Officially Abstain
      A majority vote is needed for a proposal to be adopted

Voting closes at 23:59 on Sunday, March 29, 2020.

All votes should be sent to Havynwilde by tg.

Accept the Constitution as is :: 2
    Re-open debate and discussion to address specific concerns :: 2
    Officially Abstain :: 0
[/list]
A majority vote is needed for a proposal to be adopted [/list] [/list]
As such, this proposal is reopened for discussion
Similarly, all other proposals are also open for discussion
Tentatively eyeing opening signups for a new FWC in May.
The Futsal World Cup Committee
Rankings Post-FWC2
Discussion Thread
This account is currently managed by Havynwilde or HUElavia

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Sun May 10, 2020 9:42 am

Hello everyone, I took some time the past few weeks to make changes to the FWC Constitution, and this is what I have. Please feel free to put in any suggestions, concerns or inputs to improve this:

The Futsal World Cup Constitution
presented by the Futsal World Cup Council

Title 1 - Council and Membership

1.1. The Futsal World Cup Council (hereafter named FWC Council) is the board of responsible to regulate the editions of the Futsal World Cup.

a. Membership to the FWC Council is granted to every user/nation who had posted a valid roster in the most recent Futsal World Cup.
b. Membership of the FWC is limited to one nation per user.
c. The updated list of members of the FWC Council should be published every time a new process of signups for a Futsal World Cup is started

1.2. Duties of the FWC Council are:

a. Elect the President of the FWC Council.
b. Vote to decide next Futsal World Cup hosts.
c. Propose and vote amendments to this Constitution.
d. Help keep the Futsal World Cup rankings up-to-date

1.3. Duties of the President of the FWC Council are:

a. Open and close the voting for Futsal World Cup hosts.
b. Keep the Futsal World Cup rankings up-to-date.

Title 2 - The Futsal World Cup

2.1. The Futsal World Cup (hereafter named FWC) is a tournament open to every nation correctly signed up in the proper sign-up topic.

2.2. Regarding Hosting, the following rules apply:

a. Any nation is allowed to make a bid for hosting the FWC, provided they had participated in the most recent edition.
b. The host bids should be public.
c. After the end of bidding, the FWC Council must vote to Accept, Refuse or Reopen bids.

Title 3 - The Futsal World Cup Rankings

3.1. The Rankings of Futsal World Cup (hereafter named FWC Rankings) should be used in every FWC. In the event of failure to comply with this rule, the tournament may lose its approval from the FWC Council.

3.2 The formula of FWC Rankings should be made public.

3.3 Uptaded FWC Rankings should be made available for public soon before and right after every FWC.

Title 4 - Final Dispositions

4.1. This Constitution would be amended by the FWC Council, but ONLY after deliberation and approval by the FWC Council.

4.2. Cases not provided for in this Constitution should be dealt with by the FWC Council.

Havynwilde
Envoy

Founded: Dec 21, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Havynwilde » Sun May 10, 2020 9:57 am

For 4.1 would that imply the entire council or a majority
black liberation.
cofounder of the ffi
my jeans purple off drank

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004

Postby Sarzonia » Sun May 10, 2020 10:16 am

For 4.1, I would prefer having a specific majority rather than having anything implied.

If it's one more than half the membership or one more than half of all votes received, I don't think that detail should be left out.

If we leave it the way it is, we could reach an argument that because one person was against a proposal or even that one person wasn't active during voting that the entire council didn't approve of a measure.

Let's spell out the number of votes required.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sun May 10, 2020 11:11 am

Some opinions here:

1.2, clause "d" should be axed, IMO. The President of FWC only has two attributions. If we allow every nation to step up on these, there's no need to a president at all.

Regarding 4.1. Not in an ardent desire to discuss, but the previous text, made by Lisander (aka ME) was clear at this point:

Lisander wrote:I scrawned up some points to be used as a starting point to a FWC Constitution.

[snipetty bopitty boo]

4.1. This Constitution may be amended by a FWC Council Member, when deemed necessary, provided this amendment is approved by the FWC Council.

It is clear when saying ANY MEMBER CAN amend it, provided the FWC council approve it.

I chose not to vote for the constitution, in honest hopes to see this working, but I was wrong. Seems that HUElavia is eager to disfigure my efforts, provided that it didn't even highlight the changes he suggested over my text.
Last edited by Lisander on Sun May 10, 2020 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Havynwilde
Envoy

Founded: Dec 21, 2019

Postby Havynwilde » Sun May 10, 2020 12:10 pm

Sarzonia wrote:For 4.1, I would prefer having a specific majority rather than having anything implied.

If it's one more than half the membership or one more than half of all votes received, I don't think that detail should be left out.

If we leave it the way it is, we could reach an argument that because one person was against a proposal or even that one person wasn't active during voting that the entire council didn't approve of a measure.

Let's spell out the number of votes required.

agree wit this
black liberation.
cofounder of the ffi
my jeans purple off drank

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:26 pm

Rebooting this thread back up since it's been over a year and a half since we last had an edition of this competition.

I'd like to see if anyone would be interested in participating in an edition of it (which should be Futsal World Cup III) in the near future. Personally, I think it should be a tournament in the likes of the Handball World Cup, the Arena Bowl, or the World Volleyball Expo, where it's a small but fun tournament that can be completed in about two weeks.

Please feel free to share your thoughts or interest.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004

Postby Sarzonia » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:30 pm

I agree with that
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports