NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 83 - Roleplay Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flavovespia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Flavovespia » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:31 am

Flavovespia 4–4 Dreamplanet

A spectacular match at Highland Road saw Flavovespia and Dreamplanet split 8 goals between the 2 teams equally. Despite the display on football today, Dreamplanet will be disappointed to lose ground in the race for 2nd, and Flavovespia look to be drifting out of contention for any position other than the penultimate spot in the group.

The opening few minutes looked calm and collected as both teams tried to figure out the other. However it took just 7 minutes for an opener, and it was the hosts who got it. Steven Hall showed off his dribbling prowess in the centre of the park, a role he's adapted to well, and managed to get a good ball through the defence. Andrew Mason met it first, and slotted it down into the corner, giving the hosts a 1-0, with their very first attack of the game.

Dreamplanet looked a little fazed, but certainly saw the chance to get back into the game. Just 11 minutes later, and they got it. Luis Silva, ever present in the attack of Dreamplanet, got himself between Mark James and Tony Gardner, and finished with a tidy shot beyond Conor Harrington, equalising the game. 1-1, and there was still a long time to play.

5 minutes later and the visitors had the lead. This time Silva was the creator, as he pulled Harrington out of position, and his dummy shot caught out the keeper. Harrington was left stranded as Aaron Hungar was gifted an open goal to tap into. 1-2 now, with the visitors knocking Flavovespia back in a quick flourish of goals.

Things went from bad to worse after 40 minutes, when seemingly out of nothing, Aaron Hungar pulled off a low long range shot, that Harrington could only get a slight touch to as it rolled into the net. Some blame the error on the Flavovespia keeper, others the defence, but it didn't matter, the visitors had a 2 goal lead, and Flavovespia went in at the break needing inspiration.

The inspiration came from Scott Coleman. On 48 minutes, with his back to goal, a cheeky spin got him goalside of the defender, and his quick shot flew past Filipe Vaz, to cut the defecit to one. 2-3 now, and it felt like everything was to play for, and the game was hyping up to be a classic.

Then in the 67th minute, the game seemed to step up yet another gear. Under little pressure at the back, Dreamplanet tried to build an attack, but a loose pass left Coleman with a 1 on 1, and the Stanmorn striker didn't need a second invitation to bury it in the net, little Silva could do about that. 3-3 now, Flavovespia had completed their comeback.

It took only 60 seconds before Flavovespia managed to take the lead, and Scott Coleman got his and Flavovespia's first international hat-trick. Recovering the ball after the kick-off, Stephen Moore broke down the right flank, and delivered an early whipped cross in to the box. Coleman beat the defence for pace, and got his foot in to nudge the ball past Silva and into the net. A 4-3 lead now for Flavovespia, a dramatic turnaround.

Dreamplanet weren't going down without a fight, and it took them just 4 minutes to get an equaliser. Luis Silva, got himself into a good position on the edge of the box, and was able to dribble past and cut in, creating a clear cut chance that was well taken by the Dreamplanet star. It was an incredible 4-4 now, in a thrilling match.

Both teams wanted a winner, but truth be told energy levels were dropping as the final minutes approached. There were some off target shots, and a few corners, but ultimately neither side could fashion out a good opportunity, and after an intense game, it finished 4-4, both sides thinking they could have won, but ultimately just didn't quite have the finishing touch.

Ko-oren suffered a shock home loss to Freeport, and thus aren't yet qualified to the World Cup. Eura won over Western Bjornaic, to return to 2nd place. The standings in Group M are Ko-oren (23), Eura (17), Dreamplanet (15), Freeport (15), Torisakia (10), Flavovespia (8), Western Bjornaic (0). Flavovespia now travel to Freeport, probably now a big game to need to win to even get close to overtaking Torisakia.

Domestic News

Butterfield Rovers are not the only team rumoured to be looking at a potential ground move. Apsbrooke FC, currently playing at the 9091 capacity Meadow Hill, are also rumoured to be exploring the option of a potential ground relocation. They have the 2nd lowest capacity in the Super League, but only because of the presence of South Maishop and recently Guildwell, and at least 15’000 is the standard for many clubs now.

The move was not confirmed by any of the Apsbrooke hierarchy. However, FFD did not receive a specific denial of any plans, and it’s widely believe that consultancy work on siting a new ground is already underway. The rumoured capacity to be considered is ~20’000, but it remains to be seen if this could be fully financed or not, and whether a less ambitious target should be aimed for.

On the other end of the scale, there is talk of Johns Park, currently in a 15584 seater stadium, “deactivating” at least 1, potentially even 2 stands. Attendances have fallen below 50% at the best of times, and in one game they reached just 2043 in the Eastern League. A far cry from the days of the Super League for the team in purple, their future is not looking optimistic at all.
Formerly the Republic of Greater Waldster, internationally known as Greater Watford. IC It's a long story (OOC I didn't like using real place names)

Balqia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

It's over boys

Postby Balqia » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:33 am

The team was in the hotel room, posing for some photos and giving autographs, everyone was excited, the victory against Kiryu-shi was surely useful to regain morale, however, most players weren’t so excited, the disappointment in their faces was visible, the disqualification wasn’t taken very well, the team had hopes of going to the World Cup, now they barely could put a smile in their faces.
-Sad, isn’t it?
Liene’s boss was a tall man, with blond hair and blue eyes, his beard was short and his face expressed joy and youthfulness. His name, at least the one he told Liene, Mark Comeniq.
-Sure, now I can’t pretend that the match was a dramatic showdown that defined if the team was going to the Cup.
-I thought you would develop some interest in football after so many time writing about it.
-And I have, my interest in avoiding this subject couldn’t be greater.
He drank some coffee and laughed.
-So, how was the match?
-Oh, you know. Faj advanced, and scored the first goal, then the enemy team tried to advance, Adrianoviq intercepted their forward, what was his name?... Whatever, then Putiniq advanced again and scored. The team from Kiryu-shi was in a bad scenario, two goals in less than ten minutes. After a substitution they recovered the offensive and scored their first goal. Then we tried to advance, but they stole the ball and advanced again, scoring another goal. They tied, when the match resumed we barely advanced and yet they stole the ball again. Their forward advanced and scored a goal from the middle of the field, it was very cool in fact.
-I remember it, everyone thought we would lose.
-Me too, I was like...wait, if you watched the match why do you want me to tell you how it was?
He laughed again, she caught him.
-Because you were there, I pay you to go there, watch it and write a report on it, I am just checking to see if you are doing you job.
It wasn’t a good excuse, but she continued the story anyway.
-Well, so we were losing, they substituted Kalniq by Ozot. When the first half was about to end Matiq scored another goal, we tied the game. I bought a hot dog and orange juice during the break, the sausage was a bit strange, it tasted like… tofu I think, these Island nations have some very weird food, I mean, they rely on fish and…
-I want you to talk about the match, not your taste in food.
-Okay, okay, I am just trying to develop a conversation here.
-So, in the second half we basically attacked with everything we had. First Faj scored a goal, then Egliti and then Egliti shot a ball that arrived in the goal, pure luck, the goalkeeper saw the ball way too late and almost catch it. They advanced again after the third goal and almost scored, but the ball hit the crossbar. After that both teams remained in a stalemate and the game ended.
-So, did you heard anything interesting in the backstages?
-Nothing, really. Only some complaints about the effectiveness of the team and how they are sad about being disqualified, these normal things.
-Oh man, I really hoped that we would qualify, now the only thing that rest us is to wait until the next Cup.
-Not really, the coach was talking with someone in the phone. If I understood it right they are expecting a victory or draw against Timuria, so they can hope for a qualification to the Cup of Harmony.
-Oh crap. Hope this Cup of Harmony goes better than the last one, at least we can hope for some drama in the backstages.
-Oh, other thing. I heard this from Smiq. The team wants to schedule a match against Xanneria, they want it to be a rematch of the Baptism of Fire finals.
-What? These guys really are proud, no one even remembers the Baptism of Fire.
-Well, they do and want a rematch. Also, they want to revamp patriotism and make some good old propaganda for Korvan.
-Well, that will be your job to do. Now, if you don’t mind, I will go back to my room. I got a meeting with Laqlo E. Mus, he thinks I am from the Sports Channel.
-You are really deceitful, Mark.
And with that both of them departed, Liene got up some minutes later and went to her room. “At least I can have some rest until the Cup of Harmony”.
69th Baptism of Fire - 2nd Place;
82th World Cup - 5th place of group 6;
83th World Cup - 4th place of group R;
84th World Cup - 5th place of group 11;
85th World Cup - 4th place of group 6.

English isn't my native language. If you see any gramatical error in my RPs, please let me know.

Ancherion
Attaché

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancherion » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:29 pm

We are coming close to the end of the qualifying and it is all still to play for apart from the challenge for first, which is held and will probably stay that way with Starblaydia. Ancherion travelled to Saciu for their 4th last game of qualifying with the aim of trying to obtain and secure a World Cup playoff spot which requires us to preferably not drop any points especially against Devonta in matchday 13. Agostinho de Mequites has picked a rather different line up for this match, whilst playing with the 4-4-2 diamond formation. Augustus Miles stays in goal for this match and the people in front of him include Sikim Arts, Courtney Petro, Larin Brynestad and Allete Wyatt. In midfield we have Fabiano Moon heralding the defensive midfield with Simon Ado and Alexandra Smith on the wings. In our offensive lineup we have Ali Roberts supporting Mamadou Kaur and Sameer Jaklim Jr. We believe that Mequites' decision is based on the fact that we have to play Starblaydia soon after and we don't want to cause much risk in fatigue and possible injuries. So as you may notice Joris Fuller has been rested for this match so he is ready for the Starblaydia match at home.

The team came in looking for that win and it showed when they were playing very poised straight after kick-off and had been dominating for the good thirty minutes however the Saciu defence was playing very well and didn't let a single goal through. Then eventually in the 37th minute, the Ancherion team scored the opening girl with Simon Ado scoring a header after Larin Brynestad took the free kick from 30 yards away. After that, a Saciu player had a problem with his leg and had to substituted earlier than what their manager would have wanted. In the second half, the game was more even, Ancherion's form seem to have decreased or Saciu are taking advantage of any weaknesses they have seen. Both goalkeepers made some spectacular saves in the second half with Miles being the first one to concede in the 71st minute where the Saciu striker scored a volley right past him. Soon after in the 77th minute Ancherion took the lead again with a Mamadou Kaur penalty after a very bad challenge took place with the Saciu goalkeeper. For the remaining of the match both teams kept having attempts on goals and the match got very aggressive going into the final ten minutes of the game which involves 3 separate yellow cards for both teams but the scoreline remained 2-1 to Ancherion, one step closer to obtaining a playoff spot.

With three games left, these will proof the most challenging as our next two matches include Starblaydia, currently in 1st, and then Devonta, currently in 2nd, will be our do or die in this campaign. If we can win both of those games then we have a very good chance but for it to be guaranteed, Devonta must drop points in their other two matches otherwise it will go to tiebreakers in which we will probably lose in. The manager, Mequistes has already announced that the main eleven people will start the match against Starblaydia and hopes for the best with full trust in his team on the field.

Group T:
Abanhfleft (39), Ancherion (144), Saciu (329), Starblaydia (11), Devonta (52), Tamgu (UR), Axuva (253)

MD1: Axuva @Home Pred: Win | Actual: 1-1
MD2: Abanhfleft @Away Pred: Lose | Actual: 3-4
Break
MD3: BYE
MD4: Saciu @Home Pred: Win | Actual: 1-1
MD5: Starblaydia @Away Pred: Lose | Actual: 3-3
Break
MD6: Devonta @Home Pred: Draw | Actual: 0-3
Break
MD7: Tamgu @Away Pred: Win | Actual: 3-1
Break
MD8: Axuva @Away Pred: Win | Actual: 2-0
MD9: Abanhfleft @Home Pred: Lose | Actual: 2-3
MD10: BYE
Break
MD11: Saciu @Away Pred: Win | Actual: 2-1
MD12: Starblaydia @Home Pred: Lose
Break
MD13: Devonta @Away Pred: Lose
Break
MD14: Tamgu @Home Pred: Win

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:38 pm

”There’s just minutes to play here under the lights at the Chernovets-Arena. Siovanija and Teusland have dominated the flow of play, but haven’t been able to get anything past a stingy Anollasia backline. Here’s Jager with it at the back…”

This day was going to go down as one of the greatest in the life of Miroslav Dinev no matter what happened in the next 3 minutes or so. An opportunity to play one of the final matches of his national team career in the stadium of his boyhood club, Energija Chernovets. A place where the fans adored him from the earliest days of his professional football career. The ovation he’d received at the start of the match had nearly brought him to tears.

”Jager holds it confidently, he finds the run of Pierre-Louis Lotbiniere on the right send. Lotbiniere moves forward with pace. Could this finally be the break for the Goldhorns?”

It wasn’t officially his final international cap, but the writing was on the wall. The 34 year old had scored 22 times before for his country, but hadn’t been a regular starter since the end of Qualifiers for World Cup 81. When a player gets to a certain age, he starts to think about the end of his career, and reflects on the memories. For Miro Dinev, there was a lot of reflection going on today. The penalty spot in the north end of the stadium, where he’d scored his first goal for Chernovets. A spot just a little further to the left of that, where he’d scored the winning goal against VfB Launitz that secured a first league title for Chernovets.

”Lotbiniere’s swift run has really opened things up here, and he’s got options ahead of him. The pass finds Ivo Romanov ahead of him. Here comes Romanov now towards the Anollasia goal.”

Then, of course, this was also the place where on that same day he’d lifted the Republikaliga trophy. The fans had never been louder in this building than on that day. But that day was gone, and the time was now to make one more mark in this stadium. One more moment that would last forever. The Goldhorns had been in total control of the match from the start against Anollasia, but hadn’t been able to solve the keeper. A win was desperately needed to keep the World Cup dream alive. Time for another Dinev special.

”Romanov brings it in, but he can’t find his way into the box. He backs off, holding the ball, here’s the cross…..met by the chest of Miro Dinev! What a moment it would be if he could get something going for the Goldhorns.”

Dinev had scored from almost every possible angle into almost every possible location on these nets. He knew he had one more in him, this time wearing blue and gold rather than green and yellow. You could sense the expectation from the crowd. They’d seen him score here hundreds of times, what difficulty would one more be for the Chernovets hero?

”Dinev...great move from the captain, he’s got past the defender, he’s in with the keeper...there it is! Miroslav Dinev! What a moment! The Chernovets boy, on a Chernovets night under the lights! Siovanija and Teusland lead 1-0!”

If he’d been emotional before, the reaction of the faithful supporters to his goal caused even more feelings to swell up inside. It took some time for play to restart thanks to the great celebrations of the fans and team. When it did, the Goldhorns faced little danger and closed out the night with the 1-0 win and all three points at home.

Dinev wasn’t sure if this night would rank as the greatest of his career. Scoring the league-winning goal at home was tough to beat. But, someday down the line, when he played the final game of his club career in this stadium, this moment would be at the forefront of many memories.

Match Report
Siovanija and Teusland 1-0 Anollasia, @ Energija-Arena, Chernovets

Lineup: Venev; L. Dimitrov, Jager, Meckler, Daschner (Lotbiniere 66’); Kogler, Witzel (Brotzmann 78’), V. Dimitrov, Tauscher (Romanov 66’); Dinev, Ribbeck
Goals: Miroslav Dinev 87’
Stelburger Zeitung Man of the Match: Miroslav Dinev
Report: Miroslav Dinev’s goal gave the Goldhorns much-needed relief at the death as they defeat Anollasia 1-0 to remain second in Group H. Next up is a visit to The Holy Empire. It will be a difficult match-up for the Goldhorns, who earlier in the campaign lost 6-3 to the Empire. Making things more complex is the fact that the match will apparently be played on sand at the Imperial Hippodrome. The Goldhorns will trade in their usual kit for blue and gold swim shorts, a move that seems to have been inspired by a marketing department that had no other merchandise to sell for the summer holidays. Maybe Kramer and co. will have better luck against the Empire on the beach than they did on the pitch. Either way, surf’s up for the Goldhorns in WC83 Qualifiers and the Zeitung will have complete coverage. Come on you Goldhorns!
The United Republics of Siovanija & Teusland
Capital: Borograd | Population: 74,245,000 | Demonyms: Siovanijan, Teus | Country Code: STL

World Cup of Hockey 40, 41 & 42 Champions ⋆ World Junior Hockey Championship 14 Champions

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:41 pm

The Numbers Game - By Lunaro Tsukida

And today we have our much anticipated post on each player's best move in the offseason. The transfer period is not very far from us anymore, and we have an entire team of guys that appear in the Top League, while it might not be the best place for them for their own sake. I'm not talking money or contracts, I'm talking maximum development to ensure they will strengthen the national team even further - and don't forget that Ko-oren is a sports-crazy market that is largely untapped by the largest leagues. There are millions of potential fans of Nepharan, Euran, Valanoran, and other nation's teams.

From here on out, I'll give every player one of four grades: Move up, Stay, Move sideways, or Move down. Move up means moving to a better club (likely to be abroad). Stay means to stay at the current club. Move sideways means leave the current club and join a similar club domestically or abroad. Move down means moving to a lesser club, either domestically or abroad.

Goalkeepers
This generation of goalies is seen as an extremely competitive one. Between the three selected for the national team, we have Goossen as this generation's biggest talent that should be breaking through any moment, Doolan who has been a fringe member of the Dragonflies already, and Cholmondeley who has also been part of the national team at times. Together with Theshendan and Munks, these five players are all between 24 and 28 - and only one can play at a time. It's almost criminal to have so much players with similar talent levels, not even select three of them, and benching one of them. Anyway, from the three players that are on the team, this is my recommendation:
- Theshendan: Move up. He is 28, about to hit his peak, and Maethoru seems to be on the decline. If he wants to jump ship while his team is still perceived as a good source, now is the time. I can see Theshendan move to a foreign club, and to grow into his peak and profit from it fully, he must.
- Munks: Stay. I advise Munks to stay another year, but a year at most. Miradela are in a golden age, with two consecutive championships and also cup holders, they have a lot of high profile games to play in the AOCL, Champions' Cup and Globe Cup preliminaries, as well as the Cygnus Cup. Munks can get some insane match experience against opponents from all over the place while playing the one position that can play two games a week without huge problems.
- Neihof: Stay, or Move sideways. Neihof is on Straudum, a solid, defensive club which has helped him incredibly in getting him great statistics. If Neihof wants to ride this system, he can stay. If he feels confident, he could move to a similar club where there is less defensive support to see if he is good enough to carry that team instead.

Defenders
The defence is always seen as the greatest strength... and yet it feels like there are less and less world-class defenders breaking through. The current defence relies on 30+-year olds at fullback with a massive gap behind them, and only then we find Gicquel, for instance. It isn't all doom and gloom, for there are a few amazing Di Bradini Cup guys that should be the core of the next generation. It doesn't seem like there is much behind them, and only if the second division carries a lot of undiscovered stars, we have a deep unit here.
- Dalton: Stay. He moved to Nephara and is a starter in one of the best leagues in the Multiverse. He's just over his peak, but could still play at this level for a while.
- Lampshire: Stay. Same for him, he's moved abroad already and is a solid player for Raven River. It wouldn't be possible to move much higher up.
- Van Schelven: Stay or Move sideways. Van Schelven is a huge factor in GK Neihof's good statistics, and likewise, Van Schelven can exploit the chemistry and stay at Straudum to make the rural club great, or he can gamble and go for a similar club to become the single most important defender there. He could even go all in and move to a bigger club, risking a form drop and ending up on the bench for a while. For his playing time, it'd be best to stay where he is, or maybe go to a different Top League club.
- Benjamin: Stay. He's also already had his step up, so it's best to dominate this level first and then aspire further.
- Brogley: Stay. He's 33, what is he going to do? He still has something to prove with Bruncester, he's a product of the area and is enjoying his time there. He could even Move down for some easy money in rich leagues, if that's like him.
- Gicquel: Stay. Playing next to Brogley, he has much to learn as a fullback. Just 21 years old, Gicquel can learn a few things and then move up.
- Mizuno: Move sideways. He's a generational talent at centreback and while his current club Katashi-Kanatsu are enjoying an upswing, the club ultimately consistently shows not to care about defence. If he wants a role model, he should better go to Straudum, Bruncester, or even Cirelbourne. If he can find a decent club abroad, that might be on the cards, albeit a little early.
- Ardouin: Stay. Ardouin is a fringe member of the national team and it's best for him to keep things stable so he'll only get better in his current system, which in turn makes him look better and that gives him the best chance of staying on the team. For a more long term look, he could switch clubs and seek his fortune abroad. At 23, he is pretty much in contention for a foreign adventure.
- Seoane: Stay. Miradela is magical right now, and captain Seoane is a big part of that. At the same time, he's 31 so if he is ever going to make it big, it's now. So either stay with Miradela and make it three consecutive titles, or go to the rest of the Multiverse and be an immediate leader.
- Hergulauthen: Move up. There is a lot left to learn, and it looks like he is growing bored of the Top League. There is a lot of uncharted territory, and as a fullback there are so many different styles of playing his position that could make him a much more versatile weapon. He's not going to learn that in Ko-oren.

Midfielders
- Yokota: Stay. Yokota keeps Katashi-Kanatsu together and the club is showing improvement. Develop some leadership and make sure that Ko-oren finally have a captain again.
- Janoreirinthen: Move up or Move sideways. He is in a pickle. He could still do a lot in the Top League, but given his high ceiling and low floor, he either plays like he fits right in, or he plays like a Champions' Cup teamer. Get consistent, and based on that level, pick what's best for you.
- Longchambon: Move up. Why is he in the Top League, still? Get this man a huge contract in a top 10 league already!!
- Murakami, Magrath, and Train: Stay. They're young, they're getting national team experience, and there's still a lot to learn at their current club.

Attackers
- Vaugrenard, Noya: Move up. Please. Both are in the top 3 in scoring every single season, so get out there and diversify. Learn some skills, change your style, be a more dangerous threat.
- Tsuchida: Stay. At 32 years old, Tsuchida looks like he gets more pleasure from teaching others his tricks, so that's what he should do at Alara which is the perfect attacking club to match his position.
- Olio: Stay. Just 22 years old, Olio is the right man to bring Katashi-Kanatsu a little further as Ko-oren's most attacking club. If he is ever going to be a deciding factor, he can be that person as the creator of chances, finisher of long range opportunities and look abroad in 3-4 years.

Remaining Schedule
Western Bjornaic v Ko-oren
Ko-oren v Eura

What that means is, if you don't get the job done at Western Bjornaic, you will likely give it all away in front of a home crowd versus Eura. Anything but that. We need one more freaking point. The Ko-orenite thing is to lag behind every round and then fall short just as you reach 'peak underdog' status and you don't deliver with all eyes on you. Having a lead and being in the position to piss it away at the most crucial point isn't really Ko-orenite, but it just might become very much us.

Actually, Freeport now also is back in the fight. While Eura only plays two more games (maximum total number of points: 23), Freeport already has had their bye and are just two point behind Eura (maximum total number of points: 24). So technically we need two points.

Basically, just beat Western Bjornaic and we'll never speak of this again.

Don't do this to me.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hapilopper » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:12 pm

A tour bus on an unknown highway in Lepolanatnessffiria
90 minutes after the Hapilopper-Lepolanatnessffiria match was supposed to begin
The Hapilopper National Football Team was supposed to have been at the national stadium for Lepolanatnessffiria hours ago. However, there was one problem. Nobody on the HNFT, whether it was players, coaches, support staff, boosters, or even volunteers, had any idea where they were going in this country. They had no clue where the stadium was, and had no idea what road they were even on. The players and coaches were getting impatient.

“OK, we’ve been in this bus for three hours,” said Murray Hunnisett, midfielder for the national team. “Where the hell is this place?”

“I told you, it’ll take a little while to get there!” said Jacob Redds, the bus driver.

“What’s the name of the place?” asked Nate Ellis.

Jacob looked over, and saw some run-down dump.

“Uhm… Bob’s Football Bunker!” Jacob said. “Here we are!”

“Bob’s Football Bunker?” asked Dom Probst, the head of the Hapilopper Football Association.

There were a handful of people there, and it was obvious that this Bob’s Football Bunker obviously wasn’t on the level of Capital Stadium in
Hapilopper City, and certainly not CoCoCo Stadium in the Free Republics. But at least they played both kinds of football here – association and gridiron. And there was chicken wire around the field, and the first round of beer was complimentary for the football team.

The players grabbed their beers – which the barkeeper insisted they take, before Dom got a phone call from Jon Arnold of Venerable Television. Dom stepped outside of the facility, which was little more than a bar with a full-sized football pitch in the middle of it.

“Where are you guys?” Jon asked. “The referees got lost on the road and they’re wondering if you did too.”

“Uhm, we’re at some place called Bob’s Football Bunker,” Dom said. “I don’t think this is where we’re supposed to be playing this match.”

“It’s not,” Jon said. “You’re on the other side of town from the stadium. I just got here. There’s a few thousand fans here and they’re wondering when the match is going to get started.”

At that point, four individuals wearing yellow shirts and black pants stepped out of a car. Dom recognized each of them and instantly realized that they were supposed to officiate the World Cup qualifier.

“Jon, have you heard from the referees?”

“No,” Jon said. “They don’t talk to us, why?”

“Because I think they just showed up here,” Dom responded.

“What?” Jon said, exploding with laughter.

“Yeah, let me call you back, something’s not right,” Dom said.

The officials, who were in fact, looking for Lepolanatnessiffiria’s national stadium, were surprised to see Dominic Probst standing outside. It was obvious they were in the same boat as the Hapiloppians, and had no earthly idea where the national stadium was.

“Is this where we’re supposed to be playing the match?” Dom asked.

The head referee, a personable gentleman from an Esportivan nation, could only chuckle.

“Look, I have no clue,” the referee said. “Nobody’s told us anything. We tried to get some directions but I don’t think anyone spoke the same language as we do, so yeah, we’re lost.”

“Shee-it,” Dom chuckled.

Just then, about a dozen police cars showed up at the bar, accompanying a rather deluxe-looking car belonging to a higher-up with the Lepolanatnessiffirian government. The government official got out of the car, said something in their native language (which neither Dom nor the referees could understand) and seemed to indicate that they would help the players and the referees get to the national stadium for the match.

“You should get your team,” the referee said to Dom. “I think these guys mean business.”

So Dom rushed back into the bar, and to his dismay, saw each of the players and head coach Thom Perkins enjoying some domestic beer brewed in Lepolanatnessiffiria. Dom looked like he wanted to kill Thom for letting his players throw down a few beers before the match, but Thom turned the situation around.

“We were getting ready to start the match,” Thom said. “Turns out this place runs a beer league. Apparently the new team buys the beer, and it’s a two-drink minimum before the match.”

“Pay your tab,” Dom said, visibly frustrated. “There’s a bunch of cops outside waiting to escort us to the national stadium. We’re at the wrong place.”

Lepolanatnessiffiria National Stadium
World Cup Qualifying Match 10: Hapilopper vs. Lepolanatnessiffiria
The good news was that Lepolanatnessiffirian beer was really good, all things considered. The bad news, however, was that it was rather strong, and members of the HNFT had some bottles filled with some of the nation’s best brews. The even worse news, was the fact that some of the players were drinking straight from those bottles while they were in the dressing room preparing for the match.

Thom Perkins and Dom Probst looked like they wanted to kill Ernie Stevenson, who looked three sheets to the wind prior to the match. Ernie didn’t care. He and Cooter Harris had been talking throughout the trip to the stadium about how they were going to get this beer imported to Hapilopper, one way or another, regardless of if it was actually legal or not.

Plus, Ernie had been convinced that football in Lepolanatnessiffiria consisted largely of beer leagues.

“Look,” Ernie said, “We’re playing the best beer leaguers in this country. We’ll be fine.”

Unfortunately, Hapilopper was NOT fine. The team, probably impacted by all the beer they had enjoyed prior to the match, did not play at their best against the team from Lepolanatnessiffiria, who, surprisingly, was more than just a beer league team. Sure, Hapilopper ended up with a 1-1 draw, on the strength of an Ernie Stevenson goal in the 65th minute, but they could have scored more if they had just chosen the iced tea or a glass of water instead of some beer.

After the match, Thom chewed out his players for partaking prior to an important match. They had a real opportunity to take three points and really help their World Cup qualifying efforts. But they blew it, and ended up with only one point. There were just two matches to go, and the matches were against Hapilopper’s toughest opponents, Brenecia and Polkopia.

When the team got back to Hapilopper, Stevenson was formally written up for his misconduct, and the media picked up on the fact that Ernie had, in fact, played the match slightly hammered. After he was written up, however, he joined the rest of the team for the highly important training sessions for the match against Brenecia.

There would be no beer league shenanigans against Brenecia. Hapilopper would be taking this match very seriously. They had to. Many experts were suggesting that lightning would not strike twice, and the Brenecians would take their rightful place on the top of the Group N standings.

But, to the Hapiloppians, the top of the Group N standings was THEIR rightful place. It wasn’t Brenecia’s. It wasn’t Polkopia’s. It wasn’t Damukuni’s. It was Hapilopper’s. They had beaten the Brenecians before. There was no reason they couldn’t beat them again. They just had to work for it, and they needed to knock off their ridiculous behavior. The promises had to end. The arrogance had to end. The pre-match drunkenness had to end.

Hapilopper would be playing for their lives in a few days in Capital Stadium, against the 9th ranked team in the world. They would be playing as if everything was at stake. For all they knew, it might have been.
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Terre Septentrionale
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Septentrionale » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:55 pm

Terre Septentrionale beats Darkmania

Ville Jacques-Cartier, District of Cartier - After a loss that almost annihilate any chances for Terre Septentrionale to qualify for the World Cup, the Nordiques received another nordic nation, Darkmania, at Stade NordAir in Ville Jacques-Cartier. Both teams were scoreless at the halftime. Terre Septentrionale attacked at the 85th minute when Pawel Wawrzynkiewicz made a header pass to Jean-François Kleineheismann, who subbed in at the 72nd minute. Kleineheismann heads the ball right into the net and it was the only goal of the game. The Reprezentacja Nordycki won 1-0.

BOXSCORE
72nd minute: Jean-François Kleineheismann assisted by Pawel Wawrzynkiewicz

YELLOW CARDS
28th minute: Yürang
59th minute: Amelia Zalwowska

Qualifying

With this win, Terre Septentrionale is distancing Darkmania for the 3rd place, but Turori and The Macabees both won, which makes it very hard, but not impossible, for the Northmen to qualify. Mathematically, Terre Septentrionale still can win it's group, but we would have to win our two remaining games, against Pratapgadh and Turori. While Turori would have to lose against us and Amurbia AND The Macabees would have to lose against Hyundai-Kia and Darkmania. The team better prepare for the Cup of Harmony.

Wlodzimierz Pietruszewski,
Senior writer, La tribune septentrionale

Mazovia wins le Tournoi des Patriotes

Szentgyörgyvölgy, Township of Barania - Le Tournoi des Patriotes isn't drawing as much attention as the World Cup. For those not familiar with it, the Tournoi des Patriotes is a domestic tournament played between townships. Mazovia beat Montérégie-Jacques-Cartier 2-0 in the semi final while Catherine du Nord beat Catherine du Sud 1-0 in the other semi final. The final was played between Mazovia and Catherine du Nord and the Polish speaking township beat the French speaking township 3-1.

The game started well for Mazovia which attacked at the 11th minute when Zdislaw Piotrowski passed to Przemyslaw Suszczewicz who passed back to Piotrowski. Piotrowski made a cross to Amelia Trzaskowska who shoots the ball and she scores. 1-0 Mazovia. Catherine du Nord tied the game at the 31st minute when William Villeneuve passed the ball to Rose Bernier who dribbled with the ball and made a short pass to Thomas Gosselin who kicks the ball and it's in. The game is tied at 1-1. Mazovia scored another goal at the 42nd minute when Przemyslaw Suszczewicz passed the ball to Przemyslaw Szpakowski but Alexandre Massicotte, 19 years old, trips him in the penalty area. Przemyslaw Szpakowski takes the penalty, he kicks the ball and he scores! Mazovia takes a 2-1 lead and this is the score at the halftime.

Catherine du Nord attacked at the 65th minute when Lucas Côté tried to pass the ball to Thomas Gosselin but Weronika Kaczorowska blocks the pass. the ball is loose and it's taken by Slawomir Wieczerzak who dribbled and passed to Klaudia Krzysztalowicz who dribbled and passed to Przemyslaw Szpakowski who kicks the ball from 30 meters and the ball is in. 3-1 Mazovia and this is the final score.

BOXSCORE
11th minute: Amelia Trzaskowska assisted by Zdislaw Piotrowski
31st minute: Thomas Gosselin assisted by Rose Bernier
42nd minute: Przemyslaw Szpakowski (penalty)
65th minute: Przemyslaw Szpakowski assisted by Klaudia Krzysztalowicz

YELLOW CARDS
22nd minute: Lucas Côté
36th minute: Franciszek Olejniczak
42nd minute: Alexandre Massicotte
74th minute: Audrey O'Connor

90+1 minute: Wladyslaw Swierczewski

RED CARDS
None

2nd edition

The township of Mazovia wins the 1st Tournoi des Patriotes. Next summer for the 2nd edition, the tournament will be held in the south east part of Terre Septentrionale with El Perro, San Pedro and Shelburne hosting the tournament. A fourth host city will be named later.

Katarzyna Krzykowska,
La tribune septentrionale
Nation name: République de Terre Septentrionale | Trigramme: RTS | Capital: Ville Jacques-Cartier | Maps
Ranks: Hockey: 20th | American Football: 7th | Baseball: 17th | Association Football: 23rd | Rugby Union: 21st
Champions:
Runner Up: Cup of Harmony 76, International Baseball Slam XI
3rd Place: World Volleyball Expo X, International Baseball Slam XII, World Lacrosse Championship XXXV
4th Place: Arena Bowl VI
World Cup participations: WC 85 (3rd place in group), WC 86 (3rd place in group)

Mattijana
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:07 pm

World Cup 83: Are We Too Harsh on the Marmots?

MFO SPORT

Mattijana's Football team are now guaranteed their best ever finishing position in a set of World Cup Qualifiers, with a 3-1 win over Vartugia meaning fourth-placed Jeruselem can no longer overtake them. Their battle for qualification is still in the balance though and requires the Marmots overhauling either or both of the Busoga Islands and Vilita, who have a two point advantage with a game in hand over Dusan Vukoja's side.

Vukoja was largely expected to leave, either by resigning or being forced to resign, if his team failed to qualify, but the fact that a young and in places inexperienced team has made a good fist of qualifying causes the MattijanaFussBand more than a few headaches.

Another year of failure in World Cup qualifying would be the 10th successive year without a World Cup Finals to look forward to, but even if they don't make the cut, there are still plenty more reasons to be cheerful than in previous years.

Other than their opening two matches, which both ended in disappointing defeats, Mattijana have managed to avoid the slumps in form that have characterised many of their previous efforts. They are in fact unbeaten since those two games and have picked up 11 points in their last five games, avoiding the inevitable and catastrophic collapse in the second half of qualifying campaigns that has become the norm of late.

So with that taken into account, have we actually been too harsh on the national side and where should our expectations really be?

A Shallow Pool:

Despite being one of the few sports played across the whole country, Football plays second-fiddle to hockey and various regional favourites, such as Winter-sports in the Centre and North, Rugby in the West and Cricket in the South.

That means that the choice of players for the national team is fairly poor compared to nations in which Football is the most popular sport, which incidentally, is most of the countries in the multiverse. That has seen Mattijana struggle for squad depth when key players were injured, as happened to captain Katija Burnisovic last cycle.

That lack of variety has also been reflected in the fairly few squad changes during the team's history, with retirement rather than poor form generally the reason for a player dropping out. It may also be responsible for their style of play becoming increasingly more turgid under previous boss Matej Ljubanik and then Vukoja.

A limited number of world-class players and inability to rotate have certainly set the squad back and given their qualification rivals can often call up experienced replacements at will, it is no surprise that Mattijana have so far been one step behind.

Out of Their League:

That lack of depth stems from the relative weakness of the Mattijanan PrvaLiga compared to the top leagues in the world. Despite being professional and competitive, almost all of the players come from Mattijana, contributing to a lack of awareness about foreign styles of football that hasn't helped the national team. The PrvaLiga is also regarded as being lower-quality than many of its international counterparts, meaning young and experienced players often lack the tight discipline and sharpness needed in international football, particularly at the ultra-competitive World Cup.

Underfunding and Underorganisation:

Add to that the fact that most of the Department of Sport's public funding is diverted into other sports and it is not just the elite level of the game that is affected, but also its grassroots lifeblood. All-weather pitches vital for safe and enjoyable sport in the far North and South are prioritised for hockey and local football clubs must often train at impractical times, decreasing uptake of the sport and inhibiting development of young players. Other than the renowned and genuinely world-class facility at the multi-sport Pulnik Academy, Mattijanan academies are generally less wealthy and therefore less effective than their international counterparts and that has set-back the supply line for the national team.

The MattijanaFussBand has also been reasonably accepting of their position in the Mattijanan Sports pecking order and have been reluctant to encourage foreign players and coaches into the Mattijanan leagues to enhance quality, fearing it would prevent young Mattijanans from getting vital game time. Whilst their concerns are certainly valid, more of a balance is certainly needed than what is currently offered by Polona Struna and her team.

The Luck of the Draw:

Of course all that is purely academic when your country has a habit of being drawn in qualifying groups that even Houdini would struggle to get out of.

Mattijana seem to either be drawn in groups with an extremely tricky pot-1 opponent - think Vilita this cycle or Shottia during World Cup 81 qualifying, or groups with multiple good-quality opponents, such as the utter group of death they were drawn into last cycle.

An even more competitive group is not only a setback on paper. It also widens any advantages that already exist when it comes to squad depth and quality, which as we've learned, makes Mattijana the losers in the race for the Finals.

Can Anything Be Done?

Deepening the selection pool, making the PrvaLiga better and building specialist facilities with a sudden boost in funding are certainly not overnight fixes, but steps can and are being taken. The, slow but steady rise up the rankings and popularity of football worldwide mean Football is being seen as a measure of Mattijana's sporting prowess more and more, especially given the current lack of international competition in (field) Hockey and Winter Sports that would otherwise taken even more attention away from football.

That has resulted in a funding increase from the Ministry of Sport, keen to avoid further humiliation on the biggest international stage of all. Good facilities are still thin on the ground, but it is hoped the money will be invested from the bottom up to help grassroots clubs across the country.

A change in attitude towards foreign players in the PrvaLiga does still seem a little way off and it will still be a little while before funding makes a difference on the Marmots side that takes to the pitch, but perhaps with time and a few extra sacrificed rubber chickens, Mattijana will finally get where many of their passionate and long-suffering fans want and expect them to be.
The socialist republic of Mattijana:
As if Austria, Slovenia, North-Eastern Europe and Sweden were merged together into some weird stew of a country.
through resilience, we are strong!

Busoga Islands
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Busoga Islands » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:10 pm

The Busoga Chronicle
The Islands #1 News Source!

Second-choice Islander side triumphs with a trio of late goals in Asdia as massive home match against Jeruselem looms

Kamu Jacobs celebrates the game's opening goal in the 78th minute

ASDIA- Starfire had maintained, throughout many games in qualifying, that she'd keep putting out her first choice XI, game in, game out. But ultimately, she couldn't do that for all these matches in a row. If you want to qualify for the World Cup, there are too many matches, too many miles, too many games, to just rely on the same XI to start each and every match for the entire cycle. And if you are in a position to qualify, at some point, you have to go out there and rely on the entire 23. Not just your first XI, but each and every player on the bench. Give them their chance, against lower level opponents, and hope that they can take a much needed three points while your first choice XI freshens up, rests up, and keeps their bodies in pristine shape for the rest of the campaign.

And this was the match for the Busoga Islands to do so. It made sense- in the first half of the campaign, of course, you know how teams are ranked, but the Busoga Islands were in the middle- Pot 4, out of 7. They didn't know who was going to outperform their pot, and frankly, they didn't know how good they would be. So how could you commit, in the beginning of the campaign, to saying that they'd play anything less than a first choice XI for the entirety of 12 games? But of course, this campaign has absolutely been nothing short of a miracle run for these guys. 5 wins and a pair of well-earned away draws, with the only black mark on their record a close, 2-1 loss away to Jeruselem. Flying well ahead of expectations, and with a Jeruselem visit to Lakiska looming, Starfire saw this as her opportunity to rest her players.

She told us that she thought long and hard about it. "This was going to be a tough decision- is this where I trust the 23? But ultimately, we're not a team of 11, or 15- we need every single player to contribute. You've gotta do something you've never done, if you want to be somewhere you've never been. And that, of course, is the World Cup Finals. We felt that this was the opportunity to rotate more players into the game. It's about your mentality- they would be able to approach this game with the correct mentality. Coming out with energy, with hunger, and focusing on the matchday in front of us, not the matchdays ahead. But boy, am I glad this worked."

And yes, she was. The starting XI consisted of exactly none of her regulars. Not a single player who started against Saintland, was on the pitch to start the game against Asdia. The opponent made sense. This was one that the Islanders dominated- a 7-1 win in the first half of the campaign. Asdia, who is in their first ever World Cup Qualification cycle, has had a rough go of it. Ranked 310th in the multiverse, they sit in the cellar of Group X, with just 7 points. With the leg in Dukuma going so well for this side, and the fact that they played against an already eliminated side with nothing to lose, and the Jeruselem match looming large in the heads of fans and media alike, the opportunity for a trap game was perfect. And Starfire chose her XI extremely well.

Now, of course, the thing about going with a different 11 than you regularly do, is that there are growing pains. And they absolutely felt those growing pains. The struggling, eliminated Asdia side, like we said, had nothing to lose. Therefore, the 11 that they put out wanted to put on a performance for some of their home fans. And they started the game strong, surprisingly putting the Islanders on their back foot to start the match. An Asdian midfielder blasted a shot from about 30 yards, where a scrambling Jawara could not get to the ball. Fortunately for him, the curling shot just hit the top of the crossbar and bounced out, for a goal kick. For the first 20 minutes, quite shockingly, it was all Asdia. They created chances, but could not convert on this day.

After about 20 minutes, however, the Islanders seemed to settle down, and play themselves back into this game. How embarrassing would it be, in the midst of their best ever World Cup Qualifying run, to fall to the team at the very bottom of the table? The answer, is quite. Their first shot of any kind was in the 22nd minute, when Filydelphia Union midfielder Fara Turay hit a shot that went straight into the goalkeeper's arms. Throughout the rest of the first half, the game was largely played in the midfield. The Islanders didn't really create any quality chances, and the score at the break was 0-0.

For a struggling side, was Starfire going to change things up at halftime? She was not. She was going to ride out that XI for the entirety of the match, barring injury. In that case, the team, with the confidence of their manager after a sloppy half, came out with a renewed vigor. They finally started landing good possesion in the final third. Teenage female striker Sarika Birla, who played for the Islander Regional Academy, launched a shot on goal that forced a full stretch save from the Asdia #1. An Arjun Singh volley just missed hitting the corner by inches. Slowly, but surely, the Islanders were attacking. Starfire kept everyone on the bench- even as time began to run out, she didn't even warm anybody up to try and help them get that crucial goal.

Her faith would be rewarded. In the 78th minute, Arjun Singh was fouled just on the edge of the box. It would be Upanshu Paramartha who would be asked to take the free kick. Instead of taking a shot on goal, however, Paramartha chipped the ball towards the back post, to an unmarked Kamu Jacobs. Jacobs powerfully headed the ball towards the upper near post, and there was absolutely nothing that the Asdia goalkeeper could do about it. With just 12 minutes remaining in normal time, the Busoga Islands finally had their goal. The score was 1-0 in favor of the visitors.

They did not sit back. These players went to take the game by the throat, and the floodgates were indeed open. They counter-attacked with devastating efficiency in the late stages, with Sarika Birla scoring in the 83rd minute, while Arjun Singh got a goal of his own in the 87th minute. It was an excellent performance by the team against this opponent, and importantly, the regular XI got a rest. They will be coming out fresh against Jeruselem, who has already beaten them once. A good three points earned and a 3-0 win on this day, but the story moves on, as the Busoga Islands try to hold off a Mattijana team that is breathing down their neck in the table.

GK #35 Kylian Jawara. 22 years old. Plays for the Tripoli Foresters in the Northwestern League. Male.
RB #16 Yashpal Gopaal. 25 years old. Plays for the Isipongo Flash in the BSL. Male.
CB #18 Behzad Bina. 24 years old. Plays for Jaribga Soccer Club in the Northwestern League. Male.
CB #3 Mohan Thakshak. 27 years old. Plays for the Herzegovina Phoenix in the BSL. Male.
LB #4 Naaji al-Azam. 28 years old. Plays for Jaribga Soccer Club in the Northwestern League. Male.
CDM #6 Karamba Fatty. 24 years old. Plays for the Lwanga Lions in the BSL. Male.
RM #7 Upanshu Paramartha. 26 years old. Plays for Rukunbi FC in the BSL. Male.
LM #20 Kamu Jacobs. 25 years old. Plays for Rukunbi FC in the BSL. Male.
CAM #15 Fara Turay. 29 years old. Plays for Fillydelphia Union in the Equestrian States. Plays in the Second League, the second tier of the United Hoofball Association. Male.
ST #21 Arjun Singh. 20 years old. Plays for the Nezrouch Rovers in the Northwestern League. Male.
ST #25 Sarika Birla. 18 years old. Plays for the Islander Regional Academy in the Banijan Youth League. Female.

*So there's no confusion, I'm going back to my regular XI, posted in my roster, for the match against Jeruselem.

Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:14 pm

Deer Wurld Kup 83 Hosts

I am littul boi in the Holy Empire. I am attrakted to both gurls and bois.

I heer you are aksepting nominashuns to the teem of the tournament.

I wud like to make a nominashun to this teem.

I wud like to nominate Holy Empire goalkeepingman Jorge Tzykandeles.

He iz Mister Janwu Jannaw Janware First Month in the Holy Empire Wurld Kup 83 Beach Hunk Kalendar.

Here he iz again. He iz supes sexzy, no?

Seeing him plai makez me want too swoun.

Please put him on your teem of the tournament.

L'il Georgy Palaeologo

PS: Also, Holy Empire goal differens of +21 is veri gud, and shows Jorge Tzykandeles is veri gud player.

From: Miguel Vatatzes, 3rd Junior Under-Under Secretary to the 2nd Senior Under Secretary of the Lesser Red Inkwell
To: Juan Tzimisces, National Team Manager

Dear Mr Tzimisces,

I know that you strongly advised us not to take this course of action, in fact practically begged us not to, but we have put in motion our previously discussed plan to nominate Jorge Tzykandeles to the World Cup 83 Team of the Tournament by masquerading as a bisexual but mentally challenged small boy with very poor writing skills in order to elicit a strong sympathy vote for the nomination.

While we realise that Mr Tzykandeles has achieved a certain prominence via his appearance in the recent 'beach hunk' calendar, we believe that stronger measures were necessary to assure him of a place on the team of the tournament, which we understand has been characterised by some mundies as a 'glorified popularity contest' and 'based on media profile rather than actual skill'.

Therefore while we acknowledge that Mr Tzykandeles has in fact shown himself to be an excellent goalkeeper - I believe your last letter referred to him as 'one of the finest and most agile I've ever had the pleasure of managing' - and might well have reached the team of the tournament even without recourse to emotional blackmail, we have resorted to more underhand means because... well, because, frankly, we were a bit bored.

Yours Sincerely,

Miguel Vatatzes
Last edited by Alasdair I Frosticus on Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

Brigantii
Attaché

Founded: Dec 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Brigantii » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:19 pm

"The crystal we require in this reality is located in the motherboard of the computer that controls those clunking monsters."

"What monsters?“ John asked, his voice suddenly a little louder as he panicked. He hadn't seen the robots that had begun closing in on his and Mercer's location.

"You know what they are John, you've seen them in your visions. We need to stop them and the only way to do it is by taking the time crystal from the motherboard."

"I'm not going near those things, I've seen what they do to people." John shuffled back against the wall of the butcher's shop and put his head in his hands. Rocking back and forth he began whimpering.

"If we can sneak into their headquarters we don't need to go near them. We can bypass having to come into contact with them if your visions can show us the way in."

"But I can't control my visions, they're just nightmares."

"John, you have to try. And you have to try now." and with that Mercer clunked John in the head with his gun, knocking him out. While the teenager was out Mercer picked him up and moved him to the first floor. Upstairs there was a small flat where the butcher and his family had lived previously. There were still pictures of the family of four dotted around the flat. Husband and wife, mid-forties, plain looking. Two kids, a boy and a girl, both with freckles. The son a year, maybe two younger than his sister. It gave Mercer a chill seeing photographs of the previous occupiers, by now they'd surely have been rounded up and been eliminated. Unless they were among the lucky few who had gone underground and were living in hiding. A small fraction of the some sixty million people who had lived in Brigantii had escaped termination at the hands of the AI. The machines had rolled out of factories across the country, controlled from a secretive headquarters and stormed every major city, sweeping through places of power, order, medical facilities, schools, unloading round after round and decimating the human population. It took three days. They were organized and ruthless. Airports and ports were shut down preventing people trying to flee the country. Television stations were closed, Internet connections disrupted, print media came to a complete standstill. News of what was happening across the country was almost impossible to send or receive. A military response was nullified as military based were reduced to ash and rubble with precision missile strikes. Those that had escaped were now literally living underground. The sewer systems and underground railways of the major cities had become home to the survivors, they scavenged for food and banded together, but a lack of essential vitamins and minerals had left those that did survive quite sickly.

John suddenly woke with a jolt. He'd been out for some time and immediately called out for Mercer.

"I know how to get in, but we're going to have to blow the bloody doors off."
Formerly Queer Poco el Mono Ara; Host of 1 World Cup, Cup of Harmony and Baptism of Fire, Winner of SOME... THINGS

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:13 pm

Recap of Matchday 11: Chromatika 6-2 San Jose Guayabal
Goals: Victoriane '25, '39, '67, '83, '90+2, Conrad '48
Starting XI: Ria; McBee - Will - Anderson - Damajana; Etienne - Dias - Limones - Conrad; Andisori, B. - Victoriane (C).
Substitutes: An-> McBee ('52), Croix-Pierre -> Conrad ('65), Austic - Damjana ('85)
Recap: Sometimes, star players just... Pop off. Kaytlyn Victoriane chose the San Jose Guayabal game to make it one for her to leave her mark on, tallying a dazzling five goals in the process. A solid momentum-booster before the titanic clash against Qusmo. At least the Chromatiks are now locked into second place at least...

Preview of Matchday 12: Chromatika @ Qusmo
Starting XI: Nier; An - de Aea - Ibex - Ilya; Thorben - Montague - Mora - Dragana; Andisori, K. (C) - Victoriane
Preview: Well... If the Chromatiks lose this game, it will be neigh impossible to contend for the auto-qualifying spot. Notable difference to the Starting XI is Montague sliding into the lineup. Parker is hoping that her presence alongside Mora will bolster the team as they look for this all-important win.

The Raft
North Chromatik Ocean

One of the best-kept secrets of the now-disposed Chromatik Party was a facility known as The Raft. Located in the northern Chromatik ocean, never staying in one place for more than twelve hours, The Raft was an enhanced interrogation facility that could house thirty inmates and the staff that would be needed to make sure that they were well taken care of. After the Rainbow Revolution, it was supposedly taken down and decommissioned; however, that couldn't be further from the truth.

The Raft was now in possession of The Checkers Party, and through them, a mysterious benefactor. And it was in the now-repossessed facility that Jordan Lawless found himself in a room next to one Trenn Rien.

Trenn was holding his face up and Jordan awoke, and Jordan realized that his left eye was swollen shut. The last thing he remembered was writing his blog - which was designed to update per every character that he inputted in the system - when something flashed from the corner of his eye and he fell unconscious after a blinding flash of pain.

"Take it easy, Jordan," whispered Trenn as Jordan came to and started looking around, "They've done what little they do for the pain, but you still got bonked quite hard. Not sure what the lasting damage will be."

"Trenn?" whimpered Jordan quietly, "Wha- Where are we? What's happened to me?"

"I'm afraid that you're at The Raft," stated Trenn, "I have been here for a month or so now. It's run by that Checkers Party business, although there's always this guy that is covered from head to oversee everything. They come by once every two days, drag you to this room, hook you on this machine, and then you have no memory or sense of time until they drag you back here, and for the next four to eight hours you are just out."

"This can't be legal," deadpanned Jordan matter-of-factly.

"No duh, I don't think they really care," snapped Trenn, "This facility doesn't technically exist..."

"So, what do we do?" asked Jordan, looking around. The room was bare with two beds and a little receptacle that was obviously a toilet. There were cameras everywhere.

Trenn put a finger to his lips, pointing at the cameras, and whispered into Jordan's ear the following words:

"They can hear everything. I've been figuring stuff out every time they take me to the room. Keep your eyes peeled, and we'll share noted, okay?"

Jordan nodded.

He definitely wasn't in his office anymore...
Last edited by Chromatika on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Saltstead
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saltstead » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:39 pm

... Seelandes Nyren — the one source for the day’s events in Sealand
Såutstedes Werėldbecker: Welcome to Busoga and Freeport, Saltstead!

The national team has been dancing with dancing with disaster and the grim reaper is fast approaching for the qualifying dream

New Lodger City, Eastfield Lodge. “The more things change, the more they stay the same” is the lesson the Royal Saltsteadish Football Association is learning the hard way. Saltstead is a nation that has learned how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and the termination of Gay Ware has done nothing to remedy this problem.

The National Eleven’s qualifying campaign two years ago was a story of complete capitulation, where the majority of teams were able to break through a weak and listless Saltsteadish selection that appeared to have a failure wish. Defeat after defeat chipped away at Saltstead’s margin for error, with the nation’s only return leg victory coming against Sajnur. In second place at the halfway mark of the qualifiers, Saltstead’s horrid run in the return leg was best symbolised by the final match: a winner-takes-all showdown between Saltstead and Qusmo in Ashwell. A draw would have been sufficient to see Saltstead hold on; instead, we were subjected to a miserable defeat.

It’s a story that’s remarkably familiar. Two years before that, Saltstead had a late collapse that saw the Stallions drop to third behind Equestria and Garifunya, with only the incompetence of the latter’s national football association saving the Stallions’ qualification hopes. And two years prior, Saltstead were able to claw into the qualifying playoffs, but were trashed by a Buyanese team that had inexplicably managed to finish second in their qualifying group.

Now, Saltstead have taken that propensity for failure and applied it evenly across the entire length of the World Cup campaign. Nominally, the Stallions’ campaign for Equestria–Banija has been alright. Going in as a second seed, Saltstead would have been expected to advance to this cycle’s particularly gruelling playoff stage and the results have kept Saltstead in that position for most of qualifying thus far. Hell, Saltstead is technically undefeated, something only ten nations can still claim at this stage!

Nonetheless, draws against Tulize and San Felix, plus a grand total of four points dropped to Benjamin Mark(‽), leave Saltstead hanging on for dear life. With the Stallions having the misfortune of wrapping up their qualifying games a week earlier than everyone else, the razor-thin margin Saltstead holds over Eastfield Lodge—where the Stallions will be travelling for their next match—is a death wish. Having absolutely no room left for error, the Stallions are left staring down the single most crucial game of qualifying thus far: defeat will presage elimination, whereas victory will secure us our first-ever top-two finish in a qualifying group. A draw maintains Saltstead’s advantage over Eastfield Lodge for now, but with the latter having a game in hand, Saltstead will have only a bare thread left to hold on to.

Eastfield Lodge may not have the best relationship with the World Cup qualifiers, but lest Saltstead snatch victory in the Rushmori nation, the arithmetic pans out in Eastfielders’ favour. Saltstead have repeatedly folded when the pressure has been most intense and with the haphazard manner in which the Stallions have implemented Tlanx-Nulzk Hal’s vision of offence–defence balance, Eastfield Lodge have a prime opportunity to make it to the playoffs and possibly defy their unfortunate reputation.

But even if Saltstead’s National Eleven can escape Rushmore with the three points they desperately need, Baker Park remain two points ahead at the top of the table with an extra game left to play. Only a spectacular collapse more newsworthy than Saltstead’s World Cup 82 qualifying choke could dislodge them from the top spot. Six points is the minimum Baker Park have to drop for Saltstead to win the group and even this requires the generous assumption that Saltstead can actually defeat San Felix. Even the most optimistic Saltsteader would have to admit that it is more likely that Baker Park earn four points in their final three games than that Saltstead win both their final two.

So the playoffs it would have to be.

In contrast to the normal playoff format, Saltstead would have to navigate an entire group to qualify. Instead of beating one team head-to-head, the Stallions would have to take down three teams in a vicious winner-take-all group. With the wild and oft-inexplicable nature of the qualifiers thus far, this means Saltstead could be staring down nations like Pasarga, Brenecia, Drawkland, Chromatika or Eura for a one-in-four shot at playing for the World Cup trophy. Odds like these are not likeable in the slightest. Saltstead couldn’t defeat Buyan over two legs and squeaked past Drawkland by a razor-thin margin, so advancing from a group where one defeat likely entails elimination is a historically difficult prospect to justify.

Which leaves us with perhaps the only competition a Saltsteader dreads more than AOCAF: the Cup of Harmony. At time of writing, Freeport and the Busoga Islands are the only nations that have publicly announced a bid, so unless another bid comes forward and defeats Freeport–Busoga, we can look forward to a journey there to once again lose the final to a gang of arrogant, disrespectful bastards—which generously assumes this woefully inconsistent Saltstead team doesn’t get knocked out in the quarterfinals first. Fun.

The dream of making it to the World Cup finals is still alive for now, though, but only barely. Each mistake and every dropped point is a sword hanging over the heads of the National Eleven. Direct tickets tickets are nearly out of reach and even the twice-as-fierce-playoffs seem so far off. We’ve dug the hole, the dirt is being piled back in and the Stallions need to gallop out before it’s too late. ❧
TLA: SAL(T)
iTLD: .zs
Demonym: Saltsteader
Adjectival: Saltsteadish
This nation does not necessarily reflect my actual political views
Discontinue use if rash develops
Don’t ⬋ play ⬋ with ⬋ fire
Qusmo - 06/08/2019

Maybe the real World Cup title was the friends we made along the way.
This space intentionally left
We are and shall be
Saltstead
Nothing more, nothing less

Sargossa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Sargossa » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:04 pm

SSM | Sargossan State Media

International Edition - Sport

Foes New & Old

Blanco Borrayo;

After the travails of the first matchday in Jucaro the trip to Togonistan proved to be something of a respite, albeit a tricky fixture to negotiate. Facing a team of adults rather than adolescents provided a much more orthodox test for Sargossa’s finest, one that they tackled with gusto. But boy did they have to work for the three points. A raucous crowd at the Tushlark Stadium roared on their heroes as Sargossa and Togonistan clashed. They roared even louder when Greg Kanufatu fired the home side in front and barely lost a decibel when Miguel Ángel Berganza clipped in an equaliser. It looked as though the first away trip of the campaign would see two points dropped for the top seeds, before Matías Cáceres’ fierce 89th minute drive beat Fujima Sumiteru at his near post through pure power.

It was an encouragingly battling performance ahead of one of the group’s tougher challenges, the visit of Osarius to Maturín. The Firebirds may have fallen on hard times in recent years but the Corsairs’ record against them is truly abysmal. On nine previous occasions the nations had clashed. With the Atlantian side claiming eight victories, scoring twenty seven goals in the process. Now more than a hundred places separated the nations in the world rankings, but the weight of history can be a curious leveller.

The fans at the Ciudad Deportiva got to witness a most Sargossan of performances. One in which the side showed plenty of attacking élan, the defence played like they’d never met each other before and discipline evaporated in the face of adversity. Fabián Guzmán scored a glorious hattrick, supported by a clinical angled drive from Alfredo Valenzuela. But Muñoz and Zevallos both saw red, for almost identical clumsy challenges that earned them second yellows, and the visitors ran rampant. Making it nine Osarian wins out of ten and thirty three goals conceded by Sargossa against their Atlantian foes as the Corsairs’ poor run against the nations of Atlantian Oceania showed little sign of abating.

Thank Margaret then for minnows. Only three hundred and twelve nations are considered to be superior to Copper Cuprum at the beautiful game. Fortunately Sargossa is one of those nation. Guzmán bagged himself a couple more. As did Berganza. The three points had already been comprehensively wrapped up before substitute Tomas Murillo added a fifth, but not before the traditional conceding of a goal to a nation we really shouldn’t be conceding a goal to. Still, nine points from a possible twelve left Sargossa happily in the hunt for a place at the World Cup. But with Drawkland and Kelssek to come that hunt was taking a trickier turn.
Champions: Cup of Harmony 41 / Di Bradini Cup 13 / Copa Rushmori V / Copa Rushmori XIV / Copa Rushmori XX / Copa Rushmori XXXVIII / Copa Rushmori XXXIX
Sargossa at the Olympics

" . . . those dictatorship-loving thundertwats . . ."

New Lusitania and the Algarves
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Lusitania and the Algarves » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:26 pm

STL|Serviços de Transmissão Lusitana
Sport | Football|
World Cup 83 | 83º Mundial

THE LONG AWAITED RESULT
New Karelograd 0-2 New Lusitania

A Note The reporter behind these articles has noted that yesterday the result was favourable and therefore will refrain from creating commentators' curses.... and notes in the middle of his articles

The Selecção now headed to New Karelograd in what could be a make or break situation for the team and for the coach himself, who already had some criticism going in. Most fans however understood that the man had also revolutionised the way the team played and was the reason that they stood where they stood, despite much bottling. However, a defeat here could change all that. Patríce was feeling under the weather so António Lopes would sit between the sticks. Nevais would return with Horta playing on the left flank. Silveira and Jota were finally back together. The first half started successfully with Fernando crossing the ball into Silveira for the first goal, from a volley. Jota also went wide in the first half as well as a hit on the post by Fernando. New Karelograd also made Lopes work for his clean sheet as a few shots were menacing to the goalkeeper, in which the biggest one was without a doubt on the thirty-fifth minute when the striker made Lopes save the ball right on the line, keeping the ball out, but his body well in goal. Halftime came and went and after the respective coaches had their say, the teams resurfaced. No changes were made for the time being. It took another twenty-five minutes for the second goal with Fernando creating a great through ball to Gama who put it away after a quick dribble. A few other shots were worth mentioning, with the big chances going to New Lusitania. Silveira almost got his second goal, but a deflection got to it and Veiga was looking for a goal but sadly the keeper laid claims to it. In the end it was a good result, and one that was much needed. FULL TIME: 0-2.

Here & Around the Grounds
New Lusitania are back up to fourth but only because the results worked in their favour for once. Cassadaigua's 5-2 victory to Abaja put the rest of the pack within distance of second as the Crystalline Caverns are now a point behind after their victory in Rakivland by 0-2. Bengaliana took the week off, meaning Abaja, New Karelograd and Rakivland need to sit out one week or another. New Lusitania have confirmed they cannot mathematically win the group though, as is the case with Rakivland, resorting in the best of chances to the playoff. However, New Karelograd and Bengaliana are out, but that doesn't mean they won't play for pride and show the world one or two other tricks...
In the other groups things are starting to shape up too...Apox and Farfadillis became the first two to join the hosts at the World Cup. Many others have guaranteed they will continue playing for at least a little longer as many of the group winners start knowing they will, worst case scenario, play in the second round of qualification. This is the case of The Holy Empire (H), Taeshan (J), South Covello (K), Nephara (O), Cosumar (P), Valanora (R), Starblaydia (T) and The Free Republics (V). Group E Is the only one with almost nothing left to play for though, as Qusmo and Chromatika know for sure they're progressing from the qualifiers - who gets the automatic ticket to Banija or Equestria remains to be seen. Some groups have a bit more talk in them. Both giants Vilita and Turori have been given a run for their money with neither of them guaranteed in anything yet, such is the closeness of the groups in question. The Maccabees rival Turori standing a point behind with the same matches in Group W as Vilita have to handle Busoga with the same 20 points and Mattijana with 18 despite their disadvantage at having played one more match than the other two.
In Group C the underrated close battle between Barunia and Zwangzug continues with both between a Point's distance (22/21), with the latter having a game in hand. In Group D, one big team knows it'll have to settle for the Cup of Harmony at best, with Sargossa on 21, Kelssek on 20 and Drawkland on 18. Kelssek however has an added game. In Group I, Baker Park's home draw against Saltstead was an important step in keeping the top spot with their opponents within two points distance.
The story of the qualifiers however goes to Group M, where Ko-oren have managed to take the lead despite an awful start to the campaign, they now stand a full six points ahead of Eura.
On a level of statistics, it is Nephara with the best attack with 40 goals scored, with The Holy Empire having the best goal difference (+21). Taeshan have the best defence though, only conceding two. Condolences to Western Bjornaic and the once decently sized San José Guayabal for sharing the worst defence title with 32 goals conceded.
Up next is probably the game that could end it all for New Lusitania, as Cassadaigua travel to the National Stadium of Jamor. One of the best teams in the game and still Invict, the reverse fixture provided that 4-4 thriller, and the highest scoring match in Selecção history, having the makings of quite possibly having another thriller on our hands. As for the country, all New Lusitania can do is hope for a bit of luck and cross fingers to see if they can pull a result against them.

THE HUB
GOALS: Silveira (7), Gama (3), Fernando (2), Cavalariça (1), Jota (1), Veiga (1), Nevais (1)
ASSISTS: Fernando (5), Veiga (3), Gama (3), Guerreiros (1), Silveira (1), Breu (1), Mário (1)
CARDS: Nevais (1Y), Cancela (1Y)

LATEST STATS
World Cup 82 Quals
Top Goalscorers: Silveira (9)
Assists: Fernando (8)
Cup of Harmony 74
Top Goalscorer: Silveira (4)
Assists: Fernando (3)
-------------------------------------
Matchday: Internationals
coverage of the best
STL1 22:00 GMT
-----------------------------------
World Cup 83
The best of the action on STL, your National Broadcaster.
New Lusitania in exclusive.
-----------------------------------
STL in association with FLF
MMXIX
Last edited by New Lusitania and the Algarves on Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEW LUSITANIA AND THE ALGARVES

PROUD MEMBER OF THE IDU \ Trigramme: NLA
Embassy Program - Closed
Champions of IAC9, 3rd IAC6
3G, 2S, 2B at the IDU Olympics'19
Semi-finalist of the WPIC 3 [Water Polo]
Almost made it to World Cup 80 (3rd in Group) as well as World Cup 81 (lost playoff)

Bliuji
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Bliuji vs Sajnur pre match analysis

Postby Bliuji » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Bliuji Analysis: Bliuji is going into this match with a record of 2-6-2 and 12 points. And with times looking rough Bliuji must win these next two games if they have a chance at qualifying As a team they are underperforming, they were so great in the bof and now they are in shambles. Sanjur has proven to give Bliuji a hard time with the last match ended in a 3-3 tie. Now tides have turned, Bliuji will be at a significant disadvantage being on the road for this one. With Bliuji's defense having 10 ga, they need to step it up this game; we know what they are capable of and have seen that before in the bof with only 4 ga. The offense and midfield, however, aren't doing much better, with only 8 gf that's not an impressive number by any means. It's crazy how 6 of Bliuji's points are just from draws and the rest are from 2 of their wins. A few players specifically in Leon Bocharov, Timothy Kudryashov and Ivan Gorshko have been playing awful thus far in their career and in both the wc and bof. If they don't step up their performance in this game and the following games; they run the risk of being kicked off the team for good. The staff has noticed it as well as players and fans. In Bliuji, fans understand the situation. They know what this game means for them and how important it is to get the victory. 324 million fans are expected to watch either on live tv or at the watch party in downtown Prussia.

Sajnur Analysis: Sajnur is heading into this game with a record of 4-4-3 and 16 points. Their offense is playing very well with a whopping 24 goals compared to Bliujus 8 goals. On the other hand, just like Sajnurs offense, their defense has allowed 23 goals. Sajnur's defense and the midfield has to watch out for Bliuji's dynamic duo on offense Daniel Lyskov and David Izmaylov. Together this duo has scored 13 goals and had 3 assists. We saw in the first game Sajnur faced off against Bliuji Daniel Lyskov danced around Sajnur's defense with ease. Regardless of Sajnur's defense, Sajnur's offense will give Bliuji trouble as well, however, Bliuji's defense should be able to handle the offensive threats from Sajnur. Not to mention Bliuji's goalkeeper Andriy Pyatov has proven himself as a top-level goalkeeper, we all know that Sajnur gave him the work the first time around but when Andriy Pyatov is cracked there's not much you can do to stop him; at this point, Sajnur's hoping to dust him a second time. At National Stadium all 102,000 seats are going to sell out, yes the largest stadium in Sajnur is gonna be a crazy atmosphere for fans and players and at the end of the day will give them the home-field advantage.

Bliuji Roster
Formation 4-4-2

Starting 11
Andriy Pyatov GK
Karp Yuriev DF
Roman Aksakov DF
Lawrence Biryukov DF
Ruben Boholyubov DF
Erik Belov MF
Sidor Alexandrov MF
Leon Bocharov MF
Gabriel Kolesnikov MF
David Izmaylov ST
Daniel Lyskov ST

Subs
29 GK Philip Tretiakov
99 GK Derik Zueiv
70 DF Timothy Kolesnikov
62 DF Leonid Ozerov
40 DF Aaron Markov
91 MF Timothy Kudryashov
71 MF Vitaly Aksakov
88 MF Raymond Sebanochev
18 FW Porphyry Bulgakchuk
17 FW Wayne Yurikev
77 FW Ivan Gorshko

Sajnur Roster
Typical Formations: 3-5-2, 3-4-3, 4-3-3
Player Age Position

Piotr Laghiev 30 GK
Alek Khadur 27 GK
Giorge Iajevici 21 GK

Taulant Haji 24 RB/RM/LB/LM
Silja Jorse 16 RB/RW/LB/LW
Hatu Raglan 19 RB/CB
Tomasi Vuierev [vc] 26 CB/RB
Alan Gharici 35 CB
Stefan Jana 24 CB
Kabas Verjez 20 CB/CDM
Kahala Murje 19 LB/CB
David Kiral 27 LB/LM
Hela Isarghie 20 LB/LM
Salloah 25 LB/RB

Kaori Hajat 25 CDM/CB
Zain Hasan 24 CDM/CM
Siaka Munjari 19 CDM/CM
Dario Tule 28 RM/RW
Alexis Sjoring 28 CM/CDM/RB
Sihano Kerero 23 CM/CDM/CAM
Jessica Siafik [c] 23 CM/CAM/CF
Alizer 25 CM
Tatiana Pavlov 19 CM/LM/LW
Vasil Stoianov 29 LM/ST/CF
Sian Levici 26 CAM/LW/CM

Parjazu 20 CF/RW/RM
Rowan Down 25 RW/CAM/LW/ST
Andre Naulo 25 ST
Basuli Maktar 21 ST
Ahmed Nazar 24 LW/ST/LM
Last edited by Bliuji on Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
National soccer team info: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1212689

I know I suck

Timuria
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Timuria » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:14 pm

Under Qualified Chapter 10:

The team sat in the locker room, uncertain how to feel or what to think about what just happened. Sure they had just completed an unlikely comeback, against a team most people thought were superior to them, but the result meant that their fate was out of their hands. As the team slowly began to come down from the adrenaline of the match, of that late goal, the reality sunk in for many of them, they wouldn't in all likelihood be going to the world cup. To most it wasn't a surprise, no one expected them to even still be in contention for a spot at this point. It wasn't shame, but disappointment that tugged at them.

Bekir walked in and saw the cocktail of emotions swirl in each player as they swirled in him. He stood up on a chair and cleared his throat. The room fell silent, the team had grown used to his authority as manager, even if some still wondered about him. Not many knew much about him beyond what was in the press. "Listen up, I know that tonight's result is complicated, but I just want each and every one of you to know that you gave one hell of a performance out there." He stepped down from the chair and began to pace around the locker room. "I know that it seems impossible, hell it probably is impossible now, but we still have a chance to make the playoffs. I want you all to take the next two days off and spend it with your friends." He began to make his way towards his office, "I want you all to know." He turned around and looked around, "You should all be very proud of yourselves."

He sighed and entered the office in the locker room and slowly closed the door behind him and rubbed his temples. It felt like he would be never be allowed to be free of the burden that weighed on his soul. He knew that he would be keeping his post, but he also knew that his secret would still be held over his head. He sat at the desk and began to collect his things for the trip home. Disappointed that his ultimate freedom would elude him yet again.

Iskender checked his phone and sighed, nothing. Esin hadn't returned to her apartment that night, telling him there was a family emergency via text. He figured that she didn't want to bother him before the big match, but the lack of text after the match made the cogs in his head turn. Something felt off. He didn't really know much about Esin's private life, he always thought she'd tell him when she was ready or thought they were a more serious long term prospect. Now he wondered if he would ever get to know any of this at all.

Iskender arrived at the training facility for the day's training, he knew that he had to be at the top of his game for the match against Balqia. Every match was a must win for them from now on. Ozbek and Caner greeted him as always and they exchanged stories, but Iskender couldn't take his eyes from his phone. The last message he got from Esin was the one that invoked a family emergency. His thoughts were scattered by a question, "So Iskender, what are your plans for tonight? Another night with that girl you keep telling us about?" Caner asked.

Iskender shook his head, "No, sadly not. I think she's... well she's been busy."

"That's a shame, other than that things are good?" Ozbek interjected.

"Yeah totally fine I just need to speak with the coach." He began to make his way to Bekir's office and knocked.

"Come in!"

Iskender walked in and sat on a chair as he looked at Bekir who seemed on edge more than usual, his hair graying a bit quicker than it was before, or so it looked to Iskender. "Hey coach I need to talk to you."

"Of course, I noticed you seemed distracted?"

"Yeah, coach I think you need to play Saban in goal for the next match."

Bekir nodded, "Okay. Is everything... fine?"

Iskender shook his head, "I-I just need some time to get my thoughts in order. You need to play a goalkeeper who will be focused on the game, I wont be able to be that." He let his head drop.

Bekir nodded and began to write a number down on a piece of paper, "Iskender I know that things can be... difficult at times, especially when you're in the spotlight. I'm giving you the number of someone I think can help." He slid the piece of paper over to him, Iskender took it and placed it in his pocker.

"Thanks coach."

"Listen she does her work for free of course." Iskender nodded. "Listen, this isn't a bad thing, knowing you're own limitations shows a lot of maturity and if scouts ask questions around that it'll reflect well on you. There are more important things than football. If you need anything at all. Tell us." He stood up as Iskender began to get up, "I promise you, once you get back to 100% Whatever that takes, you'll be a better player."

Iskender forced himself to smile. "Thanks coach. For everything."

"You've come a long way from skateboarding off roofs. How... how is your girlfriend?"

Iskender looked down and away, "That's kind of what this is about... she hasn't been in touch."

Bekir's mouth dried suddenly as he stuttered, "O-oh?"

"Yeah, I wont bore you with it though, I'll give this..." Iskender read the name on the paper, "Alev a call. Maybe she can help me put it all together." He spun and began to walk out of the room, "Thanks again."

"Yeah... don't mention it." He said quietly to himself as his mind began to race with all the possibilities.
The Artist Formerly Known as Kose

If you remember me from ages ago, send me a TG to say hi.

Baptism of Fire 71 Co-host

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:23 pm

HUE And Cry
By Rami Niblick in Curumba, HUElavia

WE never make it easy for ourselves, do we? All Krytenia needed to assure themselves of a playoff place was a win in Curumba. Unfortunately, the visitors fluffed their lines somewhat, failing to close out a game that the team almost certainly feel they should have won.

The Dragons took their time feeling their way into the game, with their hosts having the lions' share of possession in the early stages. Chances were few and far between, though, as Ellis Ducaine-Petit and Miguel Torres marshalled the line and starved the HUElavia attack of space. Gradually, though, the momentum began to swing, with that man Stephen Mariner at the centre of things. He and Joshua Coquelin looked to exploit spaces left by the men in yellow as they pushed forward, whilst ahead of them Chris Naismith and Selaphiel Kennedy were full of running and energy attempting to stretch their opponents' back line.

With both sides clearly full of attacking energy, something eventually had to give. The surprise was that it came so late in the half. In the end it was a set-piece that provided the opener; when Naismith's speculative effort was deflected for a corner, it gave Jake Hansen the chance to whip one in. A near-post flick from Ducaine-Petit saw the ball fall perfectly for Coquelin at the opposite stick, and he buried the chance with poor Armelino caught in no-man's land. HUElavia, to their credit, kept their heads up and came close to an equaliser before the break; unfortunately for Cristiano, however, his fizzing shot went the wrong side of the post with Marcus Washington absolutely nowhere near it.

The tie was set up perfectly for an intruiging second half. The home side clearly had a rocket put up their backsides in the dressing room; having failed to make the most of their early dominance, they were determined not to let it happen a second time. Andres Gallego and Marc Rochetau stamped their authority on midfield, denying the likes of Mariner a sniff of the ball. With Fernando Gonzalez running the channels, Krytenia looked dangerously stretched - and so it proved, with Ducaine-Petit caught between two options and hopelessly out of the play to allow Patrick Petit a clear run on Washington and an inevitable equaliser.

This shook the visitors back into life. Once again, the momentum shifted towards the men in sky and white; once more, the HUElavia defence struggled to answer the questions posed by the Dragons' front six. This time, it was Kennedy who was the beneficiary, turning Ismael Hierro beautifully before lashing a thunderbolt past Armelino and restoring the Dragons' lead. Could they hold on for the three points?

The answer, agonisingly, was "almost". With the clock ticking just past the ninety, a hopeful ball was controlled brilliantly by Petit, and his skill and pace opened up the defence, pulling Torres out with him before pulling the ball across for an unmarked Lionel Rossi to score.

Two-all it remained, and a point apiece is probably a fair result for the effort put in by both sides. The result allowed Mercedini to retake top spot, albeit by the narrowest of margins, and leaves Krytenia still needing a win to secure a top two spot. With Aurevbush next on the fixture list, that last one at least should be doable. Onward!

HUELAVIA - 2
Petit 56
Rossi 90+1

KRYTENIA - 2
Coquelin 42
Kennedy 71
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Omerica
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Omerica » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:14 pm

|national football| |club football| |basketball| |rugby| |volleyball| |lacrosse| |tennis| |cycling| |golf|

World Cup 83 qualification: Riverview’s away section will be quieter than usual for South Covello–Omerica clash
Carter Redwin’s victory and death leads the Incorrigibles Supporters’ Trust to recommend members stay home ahead of Omerica’s return game against South Covello

Riverview, South Covello — Omerica’s largest supporter group will not boycott a crucial qualifying game in South Covello after all, but they won’t recommend attending, either.

A standing advisory from the federal Secretariat for Foreign Affairs and International Development to avoid non-essential travel to South Covello is the primary motivating factor behind the decision according to the Incorrigibles Supporters’ Trust. “[A] heightened threat of terrorism and increasing potential for civil unrest” were cited as justification for the advisory, which has not been amended since it was announced by Secretary Marcellus Mathieu; remarking on the advisory in a recent House of Plenipotentiaries question session, Mathieu noted that “[t]he situation in South Covello appears to be stable. Things have not noticeably worsened, but the underlying causes for the advisory have not been addressed and remedied.”

The United Republican Soccer Federation have openly stated that the only way the match between South Covello and Omerica would not go forward in the South Covellan capital was if the Omerican Federal Government had issued an advisory against all travel to the Esportivan nation. “It is the opinion of the URSF that fulfilling a World Cup qualifying fixture qualifies as ‘essential travel’,” a written statement on the URSF website read. “The fixture between Omerica and South Covello in Romainbourg was honoured and played out with little incident, thus it would be unfair to stage the return fixture anywhere outside South Covello. We are confident in that the South Covellan authorities will be competent to avoid any major incidents for the return fixture.”

The Incorrigibles Supporters’ Trust did not share the URSF’s opinion, however, though they noted their recommendation was not to be taken as a slight against South Covellan authorities.

“The safety of fans is the Trust’s primary concern,” IST spokesman French Fry said in a statement released earlier today. “The political climate for women, non-Christians, LGBT+ people and people of colour remains uncertain and we cannot necessarily guarantee anyone’s safety. We recommend that supporters avoid travelling to South Covello or, for those who do attend the match, stay in the country for as short a time as possible.”

“We respect the work that police do to combat terrorism and hate crimes,” an anonymous IST spokeswoman stated, “but the threat of ‘retaliation’ for Carter Redwin’s death is a risk the Trust cannot bear to expose supporters to. There’s a strong current that want to attend in defiance of Redwin’s hate movement, however, and we will respect that, even if we don’t recommend doing so.”

With the away section at the 42,000-capacity Revolution Stadium already a tight squeeze, the current aversion of Omerican supporters to visit South Covello will certainly create a more intensely pro-Rebels atmosphere for the upcoming game.

“There is a little concern in the Omerica camp,” Incorrigibles captain Red Bolton stated after an eight-goal draw against the Sherpa Empire. “Having many of our supporters staying home does make it harder. The energy the fans give is something that motivates any team and this is a game where we’ll need it the most. The Rebels will have that and we won’t, but we’ll power through it and make the best of the situation.”

After the game in South Covello, Omerica will host a final game in the Alleosian city of Éternare before travelling to Eraman for their final qualifying game. The good news for Omerica supporters: the Omerican Federal Government have not issued any travel warnings with respect to Eraman, with the country receiving a recommendation of “exercise normal caution”, reserved for the safest countries the Foreign Secretariat reviews.

Omerica continue their campaign for the World Cup playoffs face off against South Covello at Riverview’s Revolution Stadium, with live coverage on SFRD Sport. ⚜️
For your reading pleasure
▶ Sherpa Empire 0–4 South Covello: The Rebels secure a place in the top two and knock Omerica out of contention for direct qualification
▶ Federal Councillor Christine Willis is released from hospital after an unspecified illness and will return to work by the end of the month
▶ Asylum recipient receives five cross-party nominations to challenge far-right François Aldenburg for his Charlottesville legislative seat
▶ “I can’t quite believe it”: Tornado Queendom, Spensar and the other unlikely teams in the driving seat for the World Cup playoff slots
United Republican Soccer Federation
6 Jacques la Rouge Road
Port Alexandre, AM 18-A40
UNITED REPUBLICS OF OMERICA
Brigantii 2-1 Omerica

World Cup 83 qualifying group stage — Matchday Nine
Sapphire Stadium, Sampleville, Brigantii

Goalscorers: Cerridwen Evans 40’, 68’; Morgan Barzetti 89’
Omerica line-up: Frédérique Acardi (captain) (+); Felix Zanetti – Raphaël Martin – Noah Clement – Jodie Barton; Thom Magalhães – Georgina Bennett; Adélaïde Argyris – Alphonse Fontaine – Jessie Beckett; Morgan Barzetti
Substitutions: Martin > Emily Michelakis (46’) – Acardi > Jean-Robert Tosi (58’) – Argyris > George Palmeiro (82’)

Omerica v Sherpa Empire
World Cup 83 qualifying group stage — Matchday Ten
Stade de l’Indépendance, Ville du 28 Mars, New East Flanders

Omerica line-up: Jean-Robert Tosi; Felix Zanetti – Raphaël Martin – Noah Clement – Jodie Barton; Thom Magalhães – Georgina Bennett; Adélaïde Argyris – Alphonse Fontaine – Jessie Beckett; Morgan Barzetti (captain)

United Republican Soccer Federation
6 Jacques la Rouge Road
Port Alexandre, AM 18-A40
UNITED REPUBLICS OF OMERICA
Omerica 4-4 Sherpa Empire

World Cup 83 qualifying group stage — Matchday Ten
Stade de l’Indépendance, Ville du 28 Mars, New East Flanders

Goalscorers: Alphonse Fontaine 6’, 61’ – Adélaïde Argyris 9’ – Thom Magalhães 82’; Shubhashish Srihatta 21’, 53’ – Namri Ngedup 23’ (p), 76’
Omerica line-up: Jean-Robert Tosi; Felix Zanetti – Raphaël Martin – Noah Clement – Jodie Barton; Thom Magalhães – Georgina Bennett; Adélaïde Argyris – Alphonse Fontaine – Jessie Beckett; Morgan Barzetti (captain)
Substitutions: Barton > Fernand Michelakakis (69’) – Zanetti > Julie Boulos (76’) – Bennett > Elise Bianchi (85’)

South Covello v Omerica
World Cup 83 qualifying group stage — Matchday Eleven
Revolution Stadium, Riverview, South Covello

Omerica line-up: Valentine Augustin; Julie Boulos – Aristide de Felice – Charity Kayode – Fernand Michelakakis; John Soares – Elise Bianchi; Clemente Affini – Red Bolton (captain) – Maria Nelissen; Édouard Bouchard

Last edited by Omerica on Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TLA: OME, HUClavia
iTLD: .or
Demonym: Rubbish Omerican
Every Omerica football match
This nation does not necessarily reflect my actual political views
Discontinue use if rash develops
Don’t ⬋ play ⬋ with ⬋ fire
Omerica – 27/09/2017
Any further and our feet will probably be in our stomachs
Kanoria - 27/09/2017
I for one love the reflux uniquely generated by self-gluttony of limbs, where the flesh meets the acid
This space intentionally left
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕
CONCORDIA VNIVERSALIS
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:24 pm

Sprint to the finish
Frank Armitage
The Mail on Sunday Chief Soccer Writer

The Commonwealth National Team will open the final quarter of their World Cup Qualifying campaign with their penultimate home match against Tulize at Newport City Stadium. Squeezed in between this contest and the final day showdown against Libonesia, the side will travel to Benjamin Mark, and will need a minimum of 4 points from the three games to secure passage to their fourth straight World Cup.

That trio are all playing for pride now, as they have been eliminated from contention--although Benjamin Mark still a slim chance at making the playoff--but Manager Pam Scott doesn't expect any favors or half-hearted efforts. "I think those players have pride, and they would love to be the ones to say they prevented us from qualifying, if it comes down to that. We'd best not fall asleep, especially against this bunch (Tulize) just because they are at the bottom of the table." Tulize picked up their first win of the qualifiers against Libonesia on the last matchday.

The previous match in Saltstead, a 2-2 draw against a Stallions team that have not lost so far in the tournament, didn't bring much joy to either side at the final whistle as the status quo at the top of the standings was maintained. Eastfield Lodge will now host the Stallions, and another draw could be fatal to both sides if BP take care of business at home.

The three horse race to the finish looks a lot like it will be a furious charge to the wire, and only win and place pay out at the end of this running.

lineup
Gaines; Briggs (C), Rasanamira, Stephens; Callum, Stone, Voss, Hayes; Wasdsworth; LeClair, Simmons
subs--Wyatt, Foreman, Jordan, Fernandez, Yeomans, Taborn, Sotolongo, Tilton, Wagner
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Joshenia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshenia » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:20 pm

FOUNDING OF DJOSHENII ACCORDING TO BESTELLUNG DER TIGERKATZE

On a hunting trip, Joshen is said to have been saved from a Lion attack by a cat that looked like a tiger. In gratitude Joshen bowed and soon after, the Cat is said to have spoken telepathically telling him to leave his father's house and abandon his first born right to his brother Shem and travel east to the Land of Perez and start his own clan. In this 6 hour encounter, Joshen was given the knowledge of the scripture that was to be used by the Order of Joshen. A diary entry by Shem explains the Joshen incident as being set up by Shem and his friends so that Shem would inherit his fathers wealth.
Joshen arrived in the busy Perezian city their he settled down and began preaching about how sacred the tiger cat was, at first people laughed at him,however an Egyptian lady Panem gave him two rare cats that had been breed to look like tigers. This changed his ministry and soon he was appointed Prime Minister of Perez by the King who was called Mehi. Joshen married a merchant's daughter, her name was Ingrid. Ingrid is said to have been very beautiful with blond hair blue eyes and skin as shiny as polished gold. With Ingrid Joshen had ten sons in the following order ; Perezia (named after the city), Cush, Lin,Shem,Cartedor,Fritz,Panama, Pathagori, Castell, Gordon. Perez became King of Perez , Lin became King of Linbank and Cush became Chief of Cushia. The rest of the boys went on to battle out other villages and towns creating their own cities whilst spreading the religion of the Order of Joshen which encouraged the breeding of the Tiger Cat. By 255 BCE Joshen had all the modern States, but at this period they were Independent City States.

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:05 pm

Where it all started it ends
By Steve Stevenson

XANNERIA - As the five game winning streak started it was due to a punch. A punch thrown that may not have won the game, but won the hearts of many Xannerians with the fighting spirit of the Maroon underdogs. Revenge was not meant to be had for the Maroons as Apox once again cleared the Maroons out 2-0. With the stadium crises going one, the National team moved west to the star of the western region; Hawthorne, Denalia. The game was played at Hawthorne United's home stadium. Mercyhurst Road, was able to host with a capacity crowd of 59,000. A full mix of Apox and and Xannarian fans got together in a great day with wonderful weather. There was reports of some scuffles between fans of opposing side after the issues during the game but on the field the game was tame, also Ricky Bryan was put in the game, not to torment Apox but because Mark Hailey was out with a twisted ankle in warm ups. While this caused a stir the game was mostly a defensive affair. Unlike most games where the Xannarians would pull away towards the end, the Apox depth kept continuously keeping up with the Maroons. Clarissa Ephraim-Garza scored both Apox goals, and as the young leader of the front for Apox, they were able to navigate freely through the midfielders and forwards but just struggling enough with the larger defenders from Reedostown. If you had thought Jim Fletcher to be a nuisance, then Tregatta Spitfire would have been your worse nightmare! The goalie was impenetrable and saved 15 attempts. It didn't sound like much but the Apoxian defense also held their own and gave Spitfire few chances to get work in.

Mercyhurt Road located deep in the suburbs of Hawthorne, home of Hawthorne United hosted the game

APOX - 2
Ephraim-Garza (51' 82')

XANNERIA - 0

New Stadium Approved

Jeb Gyjorko has announced plans for a new national stadium. The rumors have been plentiful but after the stunning new stadium in Marietta and the issues with XannAir National Stadium a new smaller more intimate setting with land selected to be near an old factory just southeast of downtown. The stadium will be known as XanAir National II and capacity will go down from 82,000 to 68,000 make the National stadium the third largest stadium in Xannaria behind Wolfram and the Sporting Metroplex indoor Stadium in Delano City. Gyjorko was noted as saying the stadium size had a lot to do with how rarely XanAir filled up.

Below is an Artist rendition.

Artist Rendition
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Equestrian States
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Equestrian States » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:11 pm

WORLD CUP 83
EQUESTRIA & BANIJA

Qualifying - Match Day 12 Cutoff

Like yesterday's cutoff, today's MLP video is an animated music video, The Moon Rises.

Plus some alternate cutoff tunes.

Last edited by Equestrian States on Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
83rd World Cup Champions
58th & 59th AOCAF Cup Champions
5x World Cup, 2x Cup of Harmony, 1x Baptism of Fire, 2x World Cup of Hockey, 3x World Baseball Classic, 1x World Bowl, 2x International Basketball Championship Host

Geektopia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Geektopia » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:49 am

WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS: COMMENTARY

Commentators: Godsgoquadeus (Labelled with G), Bisuperior Megahugexul (Labelled with B)

1st Goal:

B - It's a lovely ball to Tethra from Andes, Orion Islands in trouble!

B - It's gone in off the defender, it's an own goal!

G - Thoth claims it, and it seems that no one under Geektopia's ranks can stop these two formidable forces. Orion so unlucky, another player just failed to reach the ball coming off the kicker from the Geektopian legend's shot, and it's rebounded home just like that.

2nd Goal Against GKTA:

G - This man against Geektopia, and he finds the corner, he went the right way and is going to be paid dividends from his coach later on.

B - Epto-thraeltothol just couldn't find it out.

3rd Goal:

G - Peta off the corner. Chaindupribol got in between four players, and this shows that even Chain can defeat a four-man mission in the right position!

B - Geektopia light up the crowd and no longer have their backs against the wall.
Last edited by Geektopia on Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------
FACTBOOKS
Kings: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1198022
Language: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1288251
Rugby: Rugby Sevens Bowl (2nd), Rugby World Cup 28 (R16)
Assoc. Football: CoH 77 (2nd), Di Bradini Cup 48 (Ro16), World Cup 86 (Qualifying), CoH 78 (Group Stage), World Cup 87 (Ro16), World Cup 88 (Qualifying), Di Bradini Cup 50 (Group Stage), The National in Xanneria (1st), World Cup 89 (Qualifying), CoH 81 (Ro16), World Cup 90 (Qualifying), CoH 82 (Group Stage)
Lacrosse: World Championships 28 (Group Stage), World Championships 33 (Group Stage), World Championships 34 (Group Stage)
Kosovo is Kosovo and they play pretty good football to boot :)

Sajnur
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sajnur » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:09 am

Permutations of Qualifying

Sajnur's prospects of making it to World Cup 83 are in a hugely precarious position, even despite getting back at Tornado Queendom (TQ) last matchday. Sajnur are 3rd, with the Tornado in second and Brusseldorf in fourth, but all three teams are even on 16 points. The teams are only separated by head to head goal difference, with TQ’s 3-2 win over Brusseldorf on Matchday 6 being the difference as Sajnur’s ties with each team come to a goal difference of zero, the recent 5-4 away win at Tornado cancelling the 2-1 home reverse, and both matches against Brusseldorf being draws. Sajnur are in the worst position of these three teams as our team have played an extra match, and importantly Matchday 13 will see our rivals play each other while Sajnur plays Bliuji, meaning at least one team gets to at least 17 points with one match to spare. If all goes well, the Bliuji match won’t be the end of the Sajnuran qualifying campaign, but Sajnur’s football stars will be watching nervously when TQ host Filindostan and Los Aldredores travel to Bliuji for what will hopefully be their final matches. Even if Sajnur does come out best of this trio, the reward for this will be a second group stage against what will almost certainly be tougher opponents than the likes of TQ, as Audioslavia leads the group by seven points and as such has secured their place in Banija and the Equestrian States.

The permutations for Sajnur against Bliuji are quite simple. Win, and Sajnur has a chance. Don’t win, and Sajnur are out. With Brusseldorf and the Tornado playing each other, a draw will see them both on 17 points and a win will see the winner on 19 points. A loss will, obviously, see Sajnur on 16 points and out. A draw will see Sajnur on 17 points. In this situation, a win between the other two teams will obviously see the winner get ahead and put Sajnur out. A draw, however, will also see Sajnur fail as it would preserve the current tiebreak situation, which is led by Tornado Queendom. Therefore Sajnur must win and hope neither rival can get ahead.

The permutations for Tornado Queendom are also quite simple. Given Sajnur doesn’t win, if TQ beats Brusseldorf they qualify for the playoffs as Los Aldredores can then only match TQ’s points and will be behind on head to head having lost both times. If Sajnur does win, TQ will need four points in their last two matches, or beat Brusseldorf and stay ahead of Sajnur on overall goal difference. For Brusseldorf, if Sajnur don’t win, Brusseldorf will qualify with a win over TQ unless if the win is by one goal and TQ then beat Filindostan and secure what will be a six goal swing on overall goal difference. Very unlikely, but Sajnur’s own experience at the last Cup of Harmony proves this is very much possible, to the great chagrin of Mytanija. Regardless, a win for Brusseldorf by two or more goals will put them ahead of TQ on head to head goal difference (and put them top of the three way head to head on the same) and give them a playoff group spot with a match to spare. Even if Sajnur do win, a victory for Los Aldredores will put them in prime position as they currently have a five goal advantage on goal difference over Sajnur. A point against Bliuji would put them through over us, and if TQ don’t beat Filindostan they simply have to stay ahead on goal difference.

The most complicated situation is if all three teams end up on 19 points. If Tornado Queendom beats Brusseldorf and loses to Filindostan, they end up in the ironic situation where Brusseldorf winning would be to their advantage. If Brusseldorf don’t win, TQ will need overall goal difference to make the playoff groups as mentioned above, and their current advantage is only one. If they don’t beat Brusseldorf by more than Sajnur beats Bliuji, a loss of any margin will eliminate them unless they can overtake Sajnur on goals scored and not fall behind on goal difference. However, if Brusseldorf win, their three way head to head advantage will kick in and they will qualify regardless of their result against Filindostan. Believe it or not, Los Aldredores will be in the same ironic position if they beat TQ by two or more goals, although they have a greater goal difference advantage over Sajnur meaning they can cushion a loss against Bliuji more easily. If they only beat TQ by one goal, then it will go to overall goal difference.

There is even more complication if all three teams end up with the same goal difference and points with the use of head to head goals scored. If Brusseldorf beat Tornado Queendom by one but TQ score, TQ remains top of the three way head to head on goals scored and goes through. If Los Aldredores beats the Tornado 1-0, Brusseldorf remain bottom with six goals scored in the six matches between the three teams, but Sajnur and TQ tie with ten goals, putting it to overall goal difference between the two, and with one match to go TQ will be behind Sajnur in this situation.

None of this even considers Bliuji, who are still in contention. Two wins will put them on 18 points, and if TQ draw and then lose, Bliuji take second on 18, with TQ, Brusseldorf, and Sajnur on 17, 17, and 16 points respectively. If TQ draw Filindostan as well, it goes to overall goal difference, which TQ has a +5 advantage for along with ten extra goals scored, but Bliuji can overhaul that with two 3-0 wins.

Overall, the permutations of these four teams fighting for one spot in the second group stage are complex and possibly even interesting, but the one constant in all of this maths is as such.

Sajnur. Must. Win.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports