NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 83 - Roleplay Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:56 pm

World Cup 83: The Psephology Edition
Why have just one election when you can have 1093‽

Sunday, December 25th, 2044, 3:07am
Presidential Mansion, Scott City, Darmen

BBBRRRIIINNNGGG! BBBRRRIIINNNGGG!

Thielene Lee awoke from her dream with a start. It wasn’t unusual for her husband to receive calls late at night, early in the morning. Nor was it unusual for her husband to continue sleeping even as the phone went off. She reached over him to pick up the phone.

“Hello?” she asked. An anxious voice quickly replied, asking for her husband. She looked down at the darkened outline of her husband. He remained in a deep sleep. With the phone in one hand, she brought her free hand down hard into her husband’s stomach.

Tor Tong Lee awoke from his dream with a start. Lee spluttered out a “Huhhh?” an element of fear present in his voice.

“It’s Alex. It sounds urgent,” said Thilene handing her husband the phone before leaving the room to dehydrate.

Lee spluttered into the phone, still half asleep, “Huhhh?”

“The bloody bastard. He’s finally done it!” Speaker of Parliament Alex Quinn seemed very excited to Lee, but not in the good way.

“The who? The what?”

“Rademacher!”

Lee was now fully awake. There were very few names in the multiverse that Lee truly feared, but Rademacher’s name was certainly first on that short list. “What has he done?”

“He’s left the coalition. He’s taken the vast majority of the Lib Cons with him and he plans to hook up with the NCLDU to form a new liberal party.”

“How do you know all of this Alex?”

“He sent me a letter just now. Had a messenger deliver it to me personally. He’s going public tomorrow morning before the football matches start. Guess he wanted us to know today to give us a little gift.”

“A gift? Today? What for?” asked Lee.

“It’s Christmas.”

“Oh.”

“Anyways, we should meet later today to discuss strategy over the next few months. We definitely have to respond to this. I’m sure he’ll make the CRC a main topic of discussion heading into the elections.”

“Today? You want to meet today?”

“We have to. We can’t afford to let Rademacher go public and not have a response ready. At least he was nice enough to give us a full day’s notice.”

“But my family? They’ll be over all day.”

“Certainly you can spare a few hours, right? Listen, I’ll get O'Donahaue and a few others up to speed and we’ll be over at three to discuss things. I’ll see you later.”

Before Lee could respond, the line went dead. He put the phone back onto the nightstand and after taking a few moments to collect his thoughts, returned to sleeping. Thilene slid back into the bed next to him.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:02 pm

OOC: This weaker version of your regular Pokécard has been brought to you by an actual notebook, but also by a really tired writer.

Marie sighed as she watched the three teens examine the room. She could see the wonder that at least two of the three had, smiling a little bit when she got a good look at them. While Ann Marie was more amazed at the numbers they had, Lucas was amazed to see something like that was just hiding inside his own house. Lloyd was definitely the one with a better idea of what was going on and with enough knowledge about the subject.

LL: This collection is amazing!
LM: It's massive...
AM: How long did his father take to build all this?
MM: About twenty-five years or so. He was already midway through those when I met him again and he was done with it not too long before... well... it happened.

The woman frowned, sitting on a chair near a belt with the name "Kitsunia-Déesse" written on it and a picture of a younger lady with said belt. Lloyd blinked as he fully realized the situation.

LL: W-W-Wait, you're-
MM: I used to be, yeah.
LM: H-How come, mom?
MM: Let's just say that your mama and papa had a bit of a life before moving to Anglia. And we probably wouldn't be at Anglia if we didn't live said life.
AM: So... you guys dabbled in Pokémon battling and then called it quits? That's not really amazing...
MM: We didn't just dabble in Pokémon battling. We ruled the scene for a while. And we were good at it, thank you very much.

She chuckled, looking at how most of the pictures were of her husband.

MM: Well, OK, maybe not so much me but Lucas' father was a champion on his own right. He fought the world and won. He was a legitimate master, a bonafide champion.
LL: But... but then why do you guys hide? Surely you could've parlayed this whole career of his into a gym leader job or something.
MM: Oh, we did. We had a School of our own. We sold our little flat and moved there with our two kids.
LM: T-T-They were around for that?
MM: Yeah. Granted only you and Matt were our children by blood but... well... they needed us as much as we needed them.
LL: Ah, s-so you think Mr. Monteiro will gladly teach us the ins and outs of Pokémon battling?
MM: I don't think that's an option. We stopped doing anything with Pokémon besides funding some extra-space care for them since... since the incident.

She pointed to a picture of the two with several students. And how most of those had a red cross drawn near their heads with paint.

MM: Lloyd, you're a smart boy... have you ever heard of the School Battles of the 10s?

Lloyd blinked, looking at her again.

LL: Y-You're a survivor from those?
MM: Me and Lucas' father, yes. Some kids survived. The two we adopted survived as well but... well, we're no longer together.
AM: So those red crosses...
MM: The ones that didn't make it. We tried our best to make sure they didn't get involved but the Blood Cult School had some other ideas. They were bad enough under their old master but then she got ousted by that damned Asakawa boy. He tried to summon he who shall not be named and somehow, he thought causing as much carnage as possible would invite him into the realm of the living. We saved some of the kids from the debris and the battles but in the end, we weren't able to do enough to save everyone. I... I still remember some of their faces whenever I go to bed and your father is pretty similar, Lucas.
LM: But... but we won't do what they did!
MM: Lucas... That's not the problem. That never will be the problem. You wouldn't try to summon creatures that don't belong in this realm or something. We'd punish you very badly if you did, after all.

Ann Marie held a chuckle back but soon stopped after a dirty look from Lloyd.

LL: Then, if I may ask, ma'am Marie... What's the problem? It was a freak accident, from what I've read.
MM: It wasn't! He wanted power at all costs, respect... It made us reconsider things. It made them stop with the Pokémon battles and start playing football instead... I... I don't know if it's safe to send my little baby there.

She lowered, looking at Lucas with a frown. Lucas himself sighed.

MM: Lucas, please... don't ask your father. We're looking for forgiveness from those we failed to save... we don't want to see someone else die over this.
LM: I... But mom...
MM: If you want to earn those tickets, work for them. Do anything for them. But don't battle, please.

The mother was now in tears. Suffice to say, Lucas couldn't continue.

Hours later, they were sitting on the house's couch, drinking hot chocolate that Marie made for them.

LM: Well... damn. Now what?
LL: Battling with Pokémon would've been an easy way out of this but you've heard your ma.
AM: Eh. I shoulda known that if I were to depend on ya, I'd be screwed.
LL: Still, I can imagine how one would be shellshocked. Those School Wars your mother mentioned? They were almost the equivalent of a riot and this was done by just a couple of kids.
LM: I wonder why they didn't tell us that. I mean... we always wanted to have pets but mom and dad kept saying those would be too expensive. Yet, here they are, keeping a bunch of Pokémon.
AM: We shoulda told we were a couple, maybe that woulda melted your mom's heart there.
LM: Look, Ann... I'll come up with a way to get your tickets, don't worry. But this... this doesn't seem to be the way we can go about this.

Marie walked into the room, looking at them with a weak smile.

MM: We could always just pay for your tickets, Ann Marie. It wouldn't be expensive at all for us and I'm sure you would be able to enjoy it.
AM: Well... yeah, you could. But then your son isn't redeeming himself.
MM: I... beg your pardon?
AM: Oh, come on. Don't you remember the dozens of times you had to go to our school to pick him up after he started something with someone else? Like me?
MM: We told him off many times, what else do you think we could've done?
AM: Let him train Pokémon to see if managing sentient beings would make him a better person instead of relying on the odd possibility of him dislocating a shitebag's jaw in a football match, thus causing him to reconsider his entire life?

Marie heard the door opening, preventing him from saying anything.

LL: Ann, please. We're at her house.
AM: And? It's not like I'm wrong. They were apparently two of the best trainers on the other side of the pond for ages and then they just casually drop the career for something else over a thing that wasn't even their fault? And then they deny it to their kids? What kind of standards are those?
??: The ones we took out of respect for the dead. You'd do best to remember that.

She turned around finding a man dressed in a suit. He was clearly annoyed by her comments.

??: We retired out of guilt. My honey told me exactly what you want and we can arrange that, but you better remember that you're sitting on our couch, inside our house, under our roof and we won't tolerate comments fueled by someone who wants a bunch of stinking tickets to an overpriced music festival.
AM: Fine. We're leaving. Suit yourself. Quitter.

Ann Marie kicked up from the couch, leaving. The man sighed as she left, dropping his angry face to take a very disappointed expression.

??: I never thought things would ever get to this point. I imagine you've found out about everything, right, Lucas?
LM: D-Dad... So it's true?
??: Yes. I can't teach you about battling. It's... it's something I swore to never do again ever.

Lucas looked to the floor, sighing. Lloyd patted his back.

??: But I can do something for you. It's not fair of me to restrict you from doing your own bit of Pokémon battling. So... well, I'm calling the local Pokémon Academy. They're recruiting new trainers. I think it's pretty hard for you to get into that event you wanted but, assuming the apple hasn't fallen too far from the tree, you might do well. That's all I can do, now hurry up and get there.

Lucas had a smile on his face now, looking at his father. Lloyd chuckled. The blonde hugged his dad before leaving while Lloyd shook his hand on the way out as well.

??: Oh, and Lucas.

The two turned around.

??: Don't summon a Legendary Pokémon. Or you're grounded.

Lucas nodded, smiling. The two bolted out of the house.
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

South Covello
Envoy

Founded: Nov 24, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby South Covello » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:15 pm

SCBI Director Joe Loney's Press Conference

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. As you know, our investigations into the terrorist attacks of last month have been ongoing, and although our investigation is not yet complete, we have made a significant identificationm that we feel the general public should hear about. Specifically, the man we arrested who identified himself as Mohammed al-Jabari, produced identification asserting his name to be Mohammed al-Jabari, and claimed to be the President's brother, is not in fact any of those things. Rather, we have identified him as Dexter Northrose of Abbotsville. Furthermore, we have evidence that Mr. Northrose received a payment of 50,000 liberos from Carter Redwin's campaign funds less than 24 hours before the alleged attacks on Mr. Redwin's campaign headquarters.

"Our team of prosecutors presented these facts to Mr. Northrose, who immediately invoked his right to remain silent, so we were unable to glean any additional information from him. At this time, we have no definitive proof whether Mr. Redwin himself authorized this payment as a false flag, or whether someone from within his campaign did so as an attempt to sabotage it from the inside. We attempted to interview Mr. Redwin and his campaign staff, however they were uncooperative and resisted our attempts. Furthermore, one staffer, Mary Brunhilda, assaulted one of our agents as he attempted to interview her, and was immdiately taken into custody and charged with assault on a law enforcement officer. Upon running her fingerprints and putting them into the database, we found that they were present on one of the firebombs recovered from the scene of the bombing. Ms. Brunhilda also invoked her right to remain silent rather than answer questions, so we have no idea who, if anyone, she was hired by.

"Our team of investigators, analysts, and experts will continue to investigate this, and right now we want to stress we have no conclusive evidence linking Mr. Redwin to anything. It is possible this was a sabotage from the inside rather than a false flag. However, regardless of what the situation was, it merits investigation, and we will, in fact, continue to investigate it. Thank you for your time, there will be no questions.[/b]

Carter Redwin's Speech

"Good evening, folks, are you ready to Make South Covello Great Again? Well, I know one clown who's not and that's Leaking, Lying, Joe Loney, the so-called head of the SCBI. Lying Loney held a press conference earlier this evening accusing me, The Greatest One of All, of destroying my own campaign headquarters in a false flag. Well, folks, that is FAKE NEWS! And you know what else is FAKE NEWS? The claim that nobody was inside. Everyone knows these animals killed 981 of our most loyal supporters!

"You know who did it? Muslims, immigrants, transgenders, blacks, homosexuals, atheists, Jews, and feminists who dare question our Greatness! We all know Mohammed al-Jabari, brother of Presidentress Davidina al-Jabari, was behind this masscre of my people! And I suspect the so-called President had something to do with it too! That's why, as soon as I am elected, Lying Loney is getting fired and locked up in prison forever, and I will appoint a new SCBI Chief who will actually investigate the bad hombres who should be investigated rather than our own good people like Mary Brunhilda.

"Mary is an innocent, wonderful staffer who had the courage to stand up to a rogue SCBI agent who had the gumption and gall to accuse me of criminal acts. When I am elected, I will pardon Ms. Brunhilda and give her the National Medal of Honor, and the SCBI agent who arrested her will be thrown in jail with the Muslim, atheist, immigrant, non-Christian, non-white scum and clowns who dare threaten the glory of our country! Together, we will move forward, not backwards, greater, not lesser, and always moving towards Greatness! The al-Jabari brothers will threaten us no longer! They will be arrested, locked up, for good and forever! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP!"

At the mention of this, the crowd launches into a rhytmic chant of "LOCK THEM UP" that goes on for five minutes before Redwin continues to speak.

"Yes, we will soon be Greater than ever before, and with the election only a couple weeks away, you know what you need to do. The supporters of Presidentress al-Jabari threaten us every day. You know what you need to do, folks. Take the action you need, do what you need to do, and ensure that come Election Day, we win and we make our country Great Again! Al-Jabari will never be President again, no it won't, we will stop it and destroy it and make it stop and make it pay and LOCK IT UP FOREVER!"

The crowd launches into another five minute long "LOCK IT UP" chant before Redwin continues.

"Yes, folks, we will make South Covello Great Again, and it's all thanks to you, folks, let's do this, let's stop the Menaces who Threaten Us, and let's MAKE OURSELVES GREAT AGAIN! SURRENDER, DAVIDINA!"

At the mention of these last words, a plane Redwin hired to skywrite flies by and writes out "SURRENDER, DAVIDINA!" in the sky in echo of a scene from a famous movie. Redwin then walks off the stage to thunderous applause.

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Vilaye Official Partner Background Information

Postby Vilita » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:33 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vilaye expected to bid for Official Energy Drink of World Cup 83

ImageImage
Yutzie River Raceway, Vilisorma, Vilita, Atlantian Oceania :: At a press conference prior to the Vilaye Energy Drink Clash All-Star Race for the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association at the Yutzie River Raceway in Vilisorma, Vilita just down the road from the headquarters of the Vilisorma Beverage Company headquarters, a company spokesperson was asked about the Vilisorma Beverage Companies increased sponsorship and support of the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association and whether or not it would have any impact on the companies sponsorship and investment in other sports throughout the Vilitan Cove and the multiverse. In the response, the spokesperson mentioned that the Vilisorma Beverage Company was thrilled with the response to their Cans for All promotion during World Cup 82 and that it would 'almost certainly' be returning for World Cup 83, so long as the Vilisorma Beverage Company was able to secure the appropriate licensing arrangements as an official partner of World Cup 83 in Banija and the Equestrian States.

The Vilisorma beverage company had stepped up production of its top-selling Vilaye Energy Drink as a result of their partnership with the World Cup 81 organizing committee and the announcement that Vilaye Energy Drink had been named as the Official Energy Drink of World Cup 81 in Banija and the Free Republics. With the increased production came an increase in appropriate marketing and the Cans '4' All and Cans '4' Life sweepstakes were born. For its brand new "Cans 4 Life" promotion during the World Cup 82 Finals, the Vilisorma Beverage Company devised a competition whereby throughout the group stage matches of the World Cup Finals in Valanora and Apox, any fan who stopped by a Vilaye Energy Drink tasting booth at an official World Cup Finals venue or fan-zone would have the opportunity to enter the Cans for Life Contest. At the conclusion of the group stage, sixteen fans would be chosen and randomly paired with one World Cup 82 Knockout Round qualified nation. If that contestant was paired with the eventual World Cup 82 Champion they would be the grand prize winner of a lifetime supply of Vilaye Energy Drink. Due to the success of the promotion it is likely that if chosen as the Official Energy Drink of World Cup 83, the Cans '4' Life contest would return once more.

Vilaye Energy Drink is the flagship brand of the Vilisorma Beverage Company (VilBev) who prides itself in using minimal artificial processing and "natural extracts". While the Vilisorma Beverage Company keeps the actual formula for its top products, including Vilaye, locked away in a vault in their Sorma based headquarters, always reluctant to reveal the true ingredients, it hasn't slowed the market for its products particularly in among sports fans as Vilisorma Beverage Company has long been a supporter of Vilitan sporting ventures particularly through its Vilaye brand. Vilaye energy drink has long been the title sponsor of the Vilitan League's seasonal Tropical Trophy competition, has served as a kit sponsor for teams both in the Vilitan League and even abroad and has also been heavily involved in Vilita & Turorian Motorsports. Vilaye has been a personal sponsor of famed Vilitan World Grand Prix driver R.L. Cruisin and has recently expanded that support to up and coming Grand Prix drivers Juracai Klianiota and Jama'obo Pegasii. Vilaye has also served as sponsor of the Vilaye Energy Drink 314 race at the Vilitan Mountain Challenge Course in Rockii Coast on the NSSCRA circuit as well as co-primary sponsor on the #14 Vilita and Turori Motorsports NSSCRA entry for former NSSCRA Champion River 'Shark' Suzgar II claim the championship.

The Vilisorma Beverage Company regularly uses its personal services sponsored athletes in cross-promotions which includes having some of their extreme sport athletes and motorsport drivers signing autographs for fans at the Vilaye Energy Drink booths during Vilita National Team or World Cup Finals matches. The booths are regularly manned by representatives from the Vilisorma Beverage Company who hand out free product samples and coupons for buy one-get one free on any Vilisorma Beverage Company product to fans who stop by.

While Official World Cup 83 Partners will not be named for some time, It is expected that Vilaye Energy Drink would be a favorite to reprise its role as Official Energy Drink of the World Cup considering its prior relationship with both organizing committees of the World Cup 83 Finals during their partnerships at the World Cup 80 and World Cup 81 Finals.

-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:32 pm

The following passages are taken directly from Polkopian author, Yakub Orvin's novel, Pelyučidnost', in which he describes the novel as a sort of a revitalization of the "golden age" of Polkopian literature dating back to the 18th century. By releasing the novel to the public, Orvin hopes to grow his international fanbase, as well as showcase the "hidden treasure" of Polkopian literature to the multiverse.

09. Aleksis (Part 2)

“My Lady, I hope that you’ll forgive my earlier blunder, but I sincerely hope that your journey to the capital was free from trouble, and I’m glad to see you in good health.”

Lady Diga winced, but then forced herself to smile at the boy who only had positive intentions with his dialogue, “Yes, fine, thank you.” Her eyes seldom looked up from the ground below her and when they did, her face became contorted as if somebody was inflicting some sort of unimaginable torture upon her physical being.

“I’m sorry my Prince, please excuse me.” Lady Diga grabbed the folds of her gown and hurried to an adjacent room, leaving Aleksis along in the banquet hall once more. Aleksis faintly heard the sounds of slamming doors as the noise travelled across the entirety of the empty palace, bouncing off of every surface of every room, only to be absorbed by the few living souls that were scattered about the building. The servants had yet to be summoned from their quarters, apart from his father’s personal servant who was upstairs preparing the balcony for the King’s private meeting with representatives from other cities and districts. Other than that, the only people in the palace were the chefs who were all at work, ensuring that the guests for this evening were properly fed to their hearts’ content.

As the evening progressed and the sun began to set on the Peetovskaya Plain, the guests began to arrive at the palace and the ballroom was soon flooded with strangers, many of whom were covering their faces with their silken hands and polished nails painted in all sorts of vibrant colors as if though one’s scarlet-tipped fingers could mask the nasty green of envy spurting from these strangers’ mouths who are eager to win the favor of one lord at the expense of the dignity of another’s with a flick of the tongue, which these men and women have majestically crafted over the course of their tenure at the capital. For many, the Boy Prince Aleksis hadn’t an idea of the latest happenings in Peeto’s aristocratic society and therefore he was of little interest to them. Aleksis didn’t mind, actually, he was more in favor of being left alone and letting this ball proceed without so much as a glance being directed toward him the entire night. He watched from the corner of the room how those around him stood on the ornate golden and crimson tiled floor with their crafted leather shoes. Some of the men, Aleksis noticed, had some type of fur hanging down from the top of their stockings. While the women of the procession might have been wearing the same ridiculous fashion, the fur was hidden beneath magnificent patterns of ruffles and laces that some of these women wore on their gowns.

It was a matter of time before somebody in the crowd had Aleksis in their sights and sought to win their favor with the guest of honor. An older, boney gentleman glided his feet along the tile and bowed before the Prince.

“My Prince it’s an honor to meet you. May I have the pleasure of introducing myself, the Grand Duke of Restnov and surrounding lands, Gregori Sentrov.”

Prince Aleksis humbly returned the bow and extended his hand. “The honor’s all mine, Grand Duke, I, Prince Aleksis of Polkopia, by the grace of God and the King himself, welcome you into our home.”

Grand Duke Sentrov smiled. “Your father has taught you these courtesies well and you speak of them like a true Prince.”

“You are too kind sir.” Aleksis bowed his head only slightly and a closed grin was frozen on his face. Aleksis couldn’t resist chewing on the skin of his lip as the false smile buried itself so deep in his skin that he feared that he’d suffer an immense pain upon changing his expression once this conversation passed.

For a while, little words were exchanged between the two men and Aleksis nervously took sips of his drink. He looked over at the Grand Duke Sentrov who seemed eerily calm, leaning up against the wooden walls of the palace and sipping his drink at a leisurely pace.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Joshenia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshenia » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:38 pm

NATIONAL LEAGUE RUMOURS TRUE?
by Vundikani Magalasi

The Joshenian National Football Team's performance in the Nationstates World Cup Qualifiers have always been terrible and embarrassing in several instances the first few games have been filled with goal less draws and loses. After once again suffering a lose to Bongo Johnson due to mistakes made due to low composure and low concentration, the talk of the formation of a national professional league to improve Joshenian football was rampant among Golden Eagles fans and sports media in Joshenia. Rumor had it that the state football associations had met up to form the Council of Joshenian Football Associations and talk about the formation of a national league. Well it turns out the rumours are partly true. The Joshenian Football Federation, the state football associations and various companies were invited to the Golden VIlla to meet with the Queen last year. In this discussing the talk of the formation of a professional federal league was discussed, however the Joshenian Football Federation which sponsors the state football association leagues were against a professional league as this would erode the values of football being a working class sport. They believed that by creating a professional league, football in Joshenia would become a commercial commodity rather than a community uniting sport for the working class. After the loss to Bongo Johnson days ago, the state football associations met together to form the Joshenian
Fußballliga. They then met the Queen who decided to endorse their plan. The plan has of course being leaked.

According to the plan the Joshenian Fußballliga will create a football league pyramid of 3 professional league, however they will start with one league at first to see if a professional league will be successful. The name of the first national professional league will be called the Kronnenliga and it will be sponsored by Premicomm. Premicomm will sponsor the league with prize money for the top 3 teams, a tv rights deal, Premicomm will be printed on club shirts and Premicomm will run promotions involving fans and the football clubs. The Kronnenliga will have the following clubs;
1. Arsenal Lasatina
The football club is located in the city of Lasatina which means swarmpland. The football club was formed by munition workers in Lasatina to enable them to settle disagreements among themselves.
2. FC Baiern Mönchen
One of the stronger teams from the Baier Landesliga that will surely be battling for UICA Champions League spot.
3. Frildaheim Black Aces
Located in Frildaheim this is a football club that was started by former gamblers who converted to christianity. The football club now serves as a club for former law breakers who want to share their new found faith to others through football. Rumour has it though that the football club is a front for a money laundering business.
4. Inter Munica
This football club was formed by international students from the University of Munica who wanted to help other international students find friends through football. This is a fallen giant in the Landesliga and I believe they will be one of the teams at the bottom of the table at the end of the season.
5. Kurib City
The football club was created by residents of Kurib who wanted to help build their local communities through football. The football club runs shelters for the homeless and has also been a strong advocate for LGBTQI rights.
6. Linbank Rangers
Formed by sailors in Linbank this team is one of the most successful teams in Joshenia and let me dare say the strongest team in the proposed Kronnenliga.
7. Lokomotive Bärenspat
Located in Bärenspat(bears path) this club was formed by workers of the Bärenspat Railway.
8. Oraxenberg KSV
Originally the Royal Cricket Club, the club become Oraxenberg KSV after the Queen's brother took over as owner of the club. This club will offer good sibling rivalry between the royals.
9. Royal Paradiz Athletic
This is the biggest team in the capital. Originally formed as an Academy to develop players for the national team. The club is the most hated in Joshenia by other clubs as it buys the best players in Joshenia and only players from this club are selected to the national team. The football club has a rivalry with Oraxenberg KSV and compete in the Royal Cup yearly against each other with RPA winning every year.
10. Sparta Ainheim
Formed by students from Ainheim who hated playing cricket as they found it boring so they made their own football club and named it Sparta because that is how pretentious they were. Sorry I am a Ainheim Dynamos fun, sadly Ainheim Dynamos are not in the Kronnenliga plans.
11. Westenstadt Löwen
This team was originally formed by manager of Westenstadt Diamond Mines. It was then bought by the Visser Motor Group, yes that Visser Group. Apparently Ouna has their own version after Visser bought Freetown Lions. They have a strong rivalry with Westen United and a derby between them is a classic for Joshenian football.
12. Westen United
Originally formed by miners of Westenstadt Diamond Mines as Westenstadt Miners. The team merged with Westenstadt Dynamos to form Westen United. Due to Westen United's history with Westenstadt Löwen the rivalry between them is intense and several deaths have occured on derby days between the clubs.

Although I wish my team Ainheim Dynamos was included the team selected for the first national league are great teams that can increase the quality of Joshenian football when offered professionalism. I just hope that Joshenian grassroots football will not be destroyed by this.

Damukuni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Damukuni » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:28 pm

DBCSPORTS.COM.DU
Official Broadcaster WC 83, 84, 85

Rosé's woes continue as Polkopia seize win in East Town
Staff Report

The Damukuni Football Association's choice of Guayabalense self-styled "football maverick" Julián Rosé has come under fire from the most stalwart of Damukuni's football fans, as World Cup aspirants Polkopia seized their first-ever World Cup qualifying win against Damukuni at the East Town Cricket Club, 3-1.

Social media socialite and "sport crap-posting" personality @ThatsMadSports said after the game in a decently long Twii, "Rosé is nothing more than a biff who plays down to his competition early just to score brownie points with the rest of the world. The @BCCD_DFA have truly crapped their pants."

Rosé, however, shot back at the heckler. "You have no taste. You have to lose matches in order to get ahead in the world. It's part of life. Suck it up, Buttercup!"

Neither Rosé, the players, or team spokespeople were available for comment at press time.

NEXT MATCH: @ Lepolanatnessffiria.
DKI 1-3 PLK
D: J. Leeds 45+2.
P: B. Chenin 32', A. Krepkov 59', R. Koroshech 83'.
This Campaign
Group N, 5th place (3 pts., -1), BLG H (1/3 total), (.333).
Last edited by Damukuni on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE UNITED INTERPLANETARY STATES OF DAMUKUNI
Cap: Atarashii-Damushuto | Pop: 356,709,481 (2070) | Lang: English, Damukunian | Money: Damuokane (Ð)
Former Leader of Esportiva | Damukuni on NSSWiki
CoH 69 4th Place | CoH 75 Runners-up

Brusseldorf
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014

Postby Brusseldorf » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:57 pm

Terry Matthews collapsed on the couch and turned on the Tele. He’d had a horrible day at work.
The new Prime Minister had come around to their department in the Unions Building. He seemed nice, it was assistant that gave him a headache. She kept knocking things off shelves and cabinets like a cat, and she seemed to be doing it for sport. Horrible woman. And she looked like a witch too.
Terry cast his mind back to the previous visit, when it had been PM Abelt Nejem. It had been months since he’d passed away, and his wife and children had never been found. A national tragedy that was slowly passing into history.

~

Abelt snapped back to reality. Several soldiers were staring at him. He smiled grimly and nodded before closing his eyes. He tried to induce the memory again. He had to break through. The Captain’s watch bleated. Abelt opened his eyes in annoyance, glancing down at the Captain’s wrist beside him. The Captain apologised and turned off the alarm. The clock read 12:00. Abelt’s head snapped back in a grotesque fashion, the veins in his eyes affected by a blue glow. The Captain yelled for the APCs to stop, as the medic hastily unbuckled his harness, leaping out of his seat to the aid of his Prime Minister. Before he could reach him, Abelt slumped in his seat. The medic carried him outside and laid him down on the sand. Abelt’s eyes opened. He was panting hard, skin laced with sweat. Abelt looked up at the concerned soldiers. His eyes were ablaze as if some aetheric fire had taken hold within. Abelt got to his feet and stared deep into the eyes of his soldiers. He began to speak, not with his own voice, but rather with an eons-old rumble and a heavenly song that caused the surrounding sand to ignite. The soldiers were terrified.
"Go to Casablanca, for the roots of Satan have taken hold there. You and your men are to be disciples of The Lord. Show the people the truth of The Lord."
The 21 disciples prayed, and where they prayed, a great Oasis appeared. The loaded into the APCs, with newfound resolve. The Crusade had begun.

~

Teddy Wolfenden’s gorgeous smile showed up on the TV.
“Saturday Night’s game is Garmillas Round, so be sure to tune in for a special World Cup match.”
Teddy was sporting a blue version of Los Alrededores jersey.
Last edited by Brusseldorf on Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Morocco-Algeria ~ Democracy ~ Prime Minister Abelt Nejem ~ Spends on Defence, Information-Technology, Protecting the Environment, and Spirituality
The largest military in the region
Of course I use NS Stats, what do you think I’m doing here?!
Etymology: Brussels + Dusseldorf = Brusseldorf!

The Pacifican Islands said: all transit is green if there is no transit
taps head
The Grand Empire of Andor said: You can’t pollute the planet if there is no planet
Hits head with hammer

Quelsh said: "COOL FLAG BRUZELDERF"
Tattland said: "Did I just accidentally attack Quelsh"
The Garmillas Empire was an intergalactic Empire. A remnant group of the Garmillan people crashed on earth, where they were given refuge by Brusseldorf.

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:06 pm

Recap of Matchday 3: San José Guayabal 0–3 Chromatika @ San Jose Guayabal
Goals: Gail '9, Kelly '62, Bird '82
Starting XI: Williams; McBee - Will - Anderson - Austic; Kelly - Dias - Limones - Croix-Pierre; Gail (C) - Bird.
Substitutes: Etienne -> Kelly ('52), Han -> Croix-Pierre ('62), Sierra -> Gail ('84)
Recap: Silian Parker took a bit of a risk in most people's eyes by starting his third string lineup on the road in a crucial matchday; his faith was well founded as the Chromatiks' midfield - especially the duo of Dias and Limones - kept possession for more than 50% of the match, a rare thing for a Chromatik side to do. Miranda Gail set the tone early with a breakaway in the ninth, and Whitney Kelly and Victorina Bird put the game away late. An important three-pointer before the hardest match to this point.

Preview of Matchday 4: (22) Qusmo @ Chromatika @ The Capitalizt Dome, Chromatik City, Chromatika (Cap. 144,000)
Starting XI: Nier; An - de Aea - Ibex - Ilya; Thorben - Mora - Kuzami - Dragana; Andisori, K. (C) - Victoriane.
Preview: One of the most important matches of this cycle await - a visit from the top seeded team from Group E, a newly surging Qusmo. Fresh off of a campaign in which they went to the knockouts of the World Cup for the first time, the Qusmi'y look poised to continue their momentum, like how the Chromatiks were a few cycles ago. With the two draws to Port Ember and Competitive Solitaire, any points here would be crucial if the Chromatiks are to have a chance at finishing second, let alone win the group. Having secured all nine points to this point, the Qusmi'y defense - only allowing one goal to this point - seem to be their best asset, though they've also scored seven goals. It should be a good match in the Capitalizt Dome.

Where Are They Now? Luuk Aart
by Jordan Lawless
Chromatik City Courier

Jordan's Recap

A neat look at the depth of the Chromatik squad as the third-stringers got a solid win on the road. Not much more to be said, a very important three points on the road.

I'll be there in the Capitalizt Dome as Chromatika plays host to Qusmo, the top seed in the group.

Luuk Aart - Full Circle

Do many of you remember the very first Baptism of Fire where Luuk Aart was being scrutinized for the circumstances of his birth and the caste system? He was the Captain for a while, and then took a back seat to Gabriella Antonio in subsequent years.

Plying his craft at Lonngeylin Coast in the Vilitan League, Luuk Aart accrued 164 caps in his illustrious career, still the most in Chromatik history.

A solid man-to-man defender who is also apt with his head, Aart scored four goals in his career; soft-spoken yet personable, he was a great locker room presence during his years as a Chromatik.

Now, Luuk Aart spends his time running a non-profit that helps those who are still joining Chromatik society after being a Red, Orange, or Yellow. They help with finding jobs, getting an education, feeding their families. He runs the charity - the Aart Foundation - with his now-wife Kerri Wyse Aart, who is still a journalist in her spare time when she's not raising their now two-year old son, Deleon Matthias Aart. They stay away from the Chromatik political landscape now, with the Checkers Party and all, but Luuk has written a number of blog spots about his experience.

And that's the update on one Luuk Aart.

Next up? A rather long, convoluted piece about what befell a rather unknown in the spotlight - Lucjusz Stef.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Omerica
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Omerica » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:19 pm

Édition anglaise — English edition

Mayor d’Onofrio: Romainbourg remains — and will remain — open
Romainbourgeois mayor keeps the door open to South Covellan fans of all stripes ahead of a crucial qualifying match

Romainbourg mayor Michelle d’Onofrio has gone on the record to state that the city-republic will remain open to visiting fans from South Covello ahead of the World Cup qualifying clash at the Stade de la République, despite an epidemic of far-right terrorism in the Esportivan nation and a possible boycott of the return game by Omerican supporters.

South Covello has been plagued by a spate of violence in recent months thanks to the presidential candidacy of fascist Carter Redwin. Redwin, who is challenging incumbent David Hale, has been on record endorsing violence against non-white, non-Christian and LGBT+ people, which has been an open subject of concern for Omerican supporters ahead of the return leg later in the campaign. Protests in Romainbourg against Redwin’s candidacy have been planned for the dates around the qualifying game, which pits the two top-ranked teams of Group K against each other, but have been ordered by Romainbourgeois police to not obstruct South Covellan supporters or the South Covellan national team.

Flanked by her colleagues on the Romainbourgoise Council of State, d’Onofrio has stated that Romainbourg will “welcome South Covellan supporters with open arms, as guests should be welcomed. Romainbourg is an open, cosmopolitan city that respects and believes in the human race.” The mayor has acknowledged the presence of protests in the city and has asked protesters to respect visitors to the city. “The values that Redwin espouses are values which run counter to the values we hold as Romainbourgeois and as Omericans. These are not protests against South Covello and the Romainbourgeois Council of State hope that Covellans who visit our city will not take these protests personally.”

“As a football supporter myself, I want to extend a welcome of South Covellan supporters to visit our great city,” Deputy Mayor and Police Secretary Ibrahim al-Rahman stated after d’Onofrio finished speaking. “South Covellan supporters are welcome, no matter their gender, religion, ethnicity, skin colour or sexual orientation and I want to make it clear that any attack by protesters on visiting supporters or vice versa will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of Romainbourgeois law. Protest is a fundamental human right, unlike assault.”

Protests in the city have largely carried on peacefully, with the Sûrété romainbourgeois reporting fewer than ten arrests in the past four days and no incidents against South Covellan supporters who have already arrived for the match. “Violence and hatred have no place in our city,” Sûrété Inspector-General Marianne Miaoulis stated. “I am thankful for the great cooperation between protest leaders and the Sûrété and for the overall great demeanour protesters and officers have been displaying so far.”

South Covello currently lead qualifying Group K by four points over Omerica, though the Incorrigibles currently have a game in hand over the Rebels. The match, which comes ahead of an off-week for the Covellans, could either put South Covello further out into the lead or put Omerica within striking distance of claiming the automatic qualifying spot on offer to the group winners; the runners-up of the group will need to win a four-team playoff group to qualify for the final tournament.

Omerica captain Red Bolton, who has been a focus of speculation on a potential team boycott for the return leg, has focused on the match at hand for now, posting a Twii reading “Looking forward to welcoming The Rebels to the #UnitedRepublics! #OMECOV”.

Coverage of the Omerican home game against South Covello can be found live on SFRD Sport E (for English coverage) and SFRD Sport F (for French coverage) and in text on the La Romainbourgeoise website.
Jean-Jacques Sainte-Marguerite reporting from Romainbourg
United Republican Soccer Federation
6 Jacques la Rouge Road
Port Alexandre, AM 18-A40
UNITED REPUBLICS OF OMERICA
Sherpa Empire 3–3 Omerica

World Cup 83 qualifying group stage — Matchday Three
Hunan Territorial People’s Stadium, Changsha, Sherpa Empire

Goalscorers: Shubhashish Srihatta 34’, 57’ – Aristide de Felice 82’ (og); Maria Nelissen 24’, 86’ – Clemente Affini 70’
Omerica line-up: Valentine Augustin; Julie Boulos – Aristide de Felice – Charity Kayode – Fernand Michelakakis; John Soares – Elise Bianchi; Clemente Affini – Red Bolton (captain) – Maria Nelissen; Édouard Bouchard
Substitutions: Affini > George Palmeiro (46’) – Kayode > Emily Michelakis (58’) – Bianchi > Sean Tester (79’)

Omerica v South Covello
World Cup 83 qualifying group stage — Matchday Five
Stade de la République, Romainbourg, Romainbourg

Omerica line-up: Valentine Augustin; Julie Boulos – Aristide de Felice – Charity Kayode – Fernand Michelakakis; John Soares – Elise Bianchi; Clemente Affini – Red Bolton (captain) – Maria Nelissen; Édouard Bouchard

Last edited by Omerica on Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TLA: OME, HUClavia
iTLD: .or
Demonym: Rubbish Omerican
Every Omerica football match
This nation does not necessarily reflect my actual political views
Discontinue use if rash develops
Don’t ⬋ play ⬋ with ⬋ fire
Omerica – 27/09/2017
Any further and our feet will probably be in our stomachs
Kanoria - 27/09/2017
I for one love the reflux uniquely generated by self-gluttony of limbs, where the flesh meets the acid
This space intentionally left
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕
CONCORDIA VNIVERSALIS
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕

Turori
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2004
Democratic Socialists

MD3 v. Darkmania (3-2)

Postby Turori » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Debutant goal saves victory for Turori against Darkmania

It took a late comeback at Eels Park but the Turori National Team came from behind to secure a 3-2 victory over Darkmania that kept a perfect record atop Group W for the defending World Cup Runners-Up. Trailing 0-2 at the half in front of the home fans in Eelandii, head coach Kliaill Tuirma made a pair of changes at half time bringing in the veteran presence of Saito Koshiki and Dmitri Levada into the fold. Playing a traditional 4-4-2 style, the addition of Koshiki and Levada aided the Eels in controlling and maintaining more of the ball in the midfield. Tuirma would eventually be rewarded with more than just increased possession, however, as defensive substitute Levada also delivered on the scoresheet in the 84th minute converting on Mbdiai Akarenaa's corner kick to level the scores and appearing to have saved a point for Turori.

As it turned out, however, the Eels were not done yet as Inura Forests youngster Cuoabaza Orani'aoa made the most of their full debut for the Turori National team by firing home the game winner on a hopeful effort from 25 yards out in the waning moments of stoppage time. The unexpected goal caused the stadium to erupt in Eelandii as many had been nervously resigned to conceding their first points of the campaign. Instead, however, Orani'aoa's first career internationstatal tally kept Turori on track for qualification as Group W leaders. With three wins in three matches, Turori had overcome the hardest portion of their first-half schedule without incident having only teams ranked 137th or lower remaining on their first half fixture list.

The string of games against lower ranked opponents starts on Matchday 4 when Turori travel to 137th ranked Pratapgadh for the first ever meeting between the sides.

Turori [3] - [2] Darkmania

:: Turori Goalscorers ::
:: 60' Yitizo Mpala'a
:: 84' Dmitri Levada
:: 90' Cuoabaza Orani’aoa
:: Turori Statistics ::
:: Possession: 59%
:: Shots on Target: 7
:: Corner Kicks: 6
:: Darkmania Statistics ::
:: Possession: 41%
:: Shots on Target: 6
:: Corner Kicks: 9

'Turori Eels Lineup v. Darkmania ::
[GK]Wiyauw An'maude, [D.]Lulu Pumaziiri, [D.]Yitizo Mpala'a, [D.]Mikki Mayelli, [D.] Amakli Inuro'o, [ML] Indelli Nura'amura, [MC]Kentu Umaka'a, [MC] Daliora Toru'u, [MR] Cuoabaza Orani’aoa, [FC]Mirana Gotuai, [FC]Nua'oma Aikiki
BENCH::
[FC]Wiztsana Iretziia, [FC]Kala'a Yuliizala, [M]Saito Koshiki, [M]Mbdiai Akarenaa, [U ]Dmitri Levada, [D]Biliki Rona'atu'i, [GK]Timaala Hualtia

<Silexhera> Why does Turori make sense? :p

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:46 pm

City, County meet with Steering Group
Carl Ingells
Daily News staff reporter

The Corporation Board of the City of Belle Haven held a special business meeting last night to hear a presentation from the joint Steering Group on Master Plan development.

Along with Mayor Katherine Allen and the City Council, others attending the public hearing included BH County Manager Robert Pike, along with other members of the County Commission; they heard about the ongoing discussions of the group that includes City Public Works Director Kevin Crosley, City Planning Director Joanna Samuels, County Public Works Commissioner Allen Mitchell, City Zoning Board Chair Patricia Garvey, County Planning Director Morris Owens and 2 others chosen from among citizens.

The first half of the presentation was taken up by the re-configured preliminary plans for the 3T project following a consultation with the Ministry of Public Works, including a change to the approaches to the tunnel from the south side of the river for vehicular traffic, a change to the right of way access for the transit portion, and two different options for interior of the vehicle tunnel.

Even with the alterations, the project is on track to receive final approval from the State Assembly at the start of the Fall Term in September, as BP Secretary of State Helen Fowler has said the project is the number one priority for all concerned at the moment.

The CBP$ 1.3 billion dollar 3T project (Traffic & Transit Tunnel) is projected, when completed, to reduce the number of vehicular trips per day on the Prince of Wales Bridge by 35% and to provide a starting point to expand CARTA subway lines throughout the southern county, which is projected to bring about a reduction in overall vehicle traffic by 32% in 20 years time.

The financing is to be shared across all governmental entities; the State Assembly has a preliminary agreement to provide up to CBP$115 million annually for 4 years, while Parliament has approved a contribution of approximately BP$215 million in the next fiscal budget, and the Prime Minister has had discussions about the MPW possibly covering any cost overruns should they arise.
The City Corporation and the County are splitting the rest of the cost, via an increase of $1 on all local permits and fees for 1 year, a one-time extra assessment on real property of .005 per square foot and a bond to be paid off by assessing a $2 toll for using the tunnel.

The second half of the meeting took up the issue of a revised plan for a 72,000 seat stadium along the riverside in the City, to replace Keller Field for football and soccer.

An important element in the revised project is taking advantage of the land reclamation for the 3T tunnel approaches on the north side, which is expected to provide nearly 90,000 square feet of additional shoreline.

Corporation Board Chairman Fred Carnahan asked if there would be significant time factor between the tunnel project and the ability to begin construction on the stadium—presumably on top of the tunnel construction itself—and if the Corporation would have to contribute something towards the cost on the scale that they were doing so for the tunnel.

The members of the group said that those were issues that were way down the line, and this was merely an informational update to a proposal that had been submitted, and that they had no real opinion on whether the plan was viable.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Qusmo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Qusmo » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:49 pm

Very important disclaimer.

Chapter I.
Chapter II.
Chapter III.
Chapter IV.
Chapter V.

Chapter VI.

RAX: “It’s 10:59 & fifty-nine seconds in Qanz, & I’m your host, Gilir-Axelv Rax; welcome to The Scoop, Qusmo’s best late-night news show! Let’s get straight to it with Hot Takes! Our Hot Take tonight comes from the intersection of the worlds of sport & of fashion. No, it’s not a kit reveal, nor is it anything to do with the curling team’s pants; it comes all the way from Atlantian Oceania. Just before Saltstead’s home World Cup Qualifying fixture against Eastfield Lodge on Matchday Five, their manager, - debuted a rather distinctive look. Let’s take a look at the Big Board.”

Laughter

RAX: “That, my friends, is Tlanx-Nulzk Hal - the former KF Qastyr boss, three-time Pug Qusmyra champion, Galactico Manager of the Season, & a Qusmi. Tlanx-Nulzk swapped out their typical attire, a drab number colour-coordinated with Saltstead’s black, white, & blue tricolor, & turned up the heat! They brought back the red-&-gold suit they used to wear for Qastyr matches at home, but they also did some major work to their hair, dying it red with orange highlights & flecks of gold, in response to a popular Saltsteadish satire publication calling for them to be lit on fire. I emphasize that this was satire. First up on our panel today is Evela-Zenon Yem; your thoughts, Yem?”

YEM: “Gives a new meaning to blazin’.”

Laughter

RAX: “What about our second panelist, Vralx-Cynav Uzo?”

UZO: “I’ll be the first one to admit, I may be wrong here, but isn’t a manager’s job to manage their team, not their hair? Hal’s not doing too well right now, are they?”

RAX: “Well, they’re unbeaten, but they could be doing better; the match against Eastfield Lodge is still in progress as of air time, but right now, they have one win & three draws over four completed matches.”

UZO: “Maybe they have a point in setting them on fire.”

Laughter

RAX: “& let’s kick it over to our third & final panelist for the night, Ilinx-Zylyz Nev.”

NEV: “I mean, I don’t know anything about football, but I think that if I were Tlanx-Nulzk Hal, I’d rather be set on fire.”

Laughter

RAX: “Alright, if you two think this is good, it gets even better - I know, trust me on this. So, the original article asked to ‘fire Tlanx-Nulzk Hal. Continuously.’ & in their press conference the day before the match - before they revealed this super-secret look - they kept using the word ‘continuously.’ Can we roll the clip?”

TLANX-NULZK HAL: “We’re going to have to continuously get better.”

TLANX-NULZK HAL: “We have to be on our toes continuously.”

TLANX-NULZK HAL: “Eastfield Lodge is going to be a continuous threat throughout the whole match.”

TLANX-NULZK HAL: “It’s a continuous process.”

RAX: “How many times will I continue to say ‘continuously’?”

UZO: “Seems like all they’re doing actually continuously is getting draws.”

NEV: “You left out humiliating themself.”

YEM: “I don’t know; those touches of gold look pretty nice to me.”

Laughter

YEM: “No, no, really! &, I mean, besides, who else would think of something like this? Come on. It’s so stupid, it’s brilliant, & I, for one, love it.”

Laughter

RAX: “& that’s tonight’s edition of Hot Takes! Thank you all for not holding anything back. Now we’ll get to the top story of the night: Just like every other country in the Multiverse, it seems, Qusmo’s having some interesting political developments. In response to rumblings that the Progressive Traditionalist Party might become the first major party in Qusma political history to endorse joining the Common Rushmori Community, an issue that’s long divided Qusma politics, Drolx-Dalox Aka’s ruling People’s Alliance announced that it was ‘staunchly opposed’ to such a move, adding that ‘Qusmo must accept fewer migrants from foreign countries into our borders, not more.’ Panel, what are your thoughts?”

NEV: “I don’t know; since they’re the government, after all, if they believe migrants are such a threat, shouldn’t they have already lowered migration numbers? Like, it’s like they’re saying, ‘Oh, no, these evil Prog Trads, they’re letting all these migrants in! How awful!’ If you’re the government, I don’t know, maybe govern the country? Maybe pass a law? Who was in charge of the government that let all these evil migrants in? It seems ridiculous to me, honestly.”

UZO: “It’s fascinating to me that we’re only just now getting to a clash of pro-CRC & anti-CRC - & it’s especially interesting that it’s the left-wing party taking the anti-immigrant tack & the right-wing party seeming to have a more welcoming approach. That doesn’t seem to be really common in a lot of other countries, so we’ll have to see where the cleavages break here.”

YEM: “I do think there’s something smart to the strategy, though. It’s no secret that Qusmo isn’t exactly the most diverse nation in the Multiverse, & it seems like the polls get more anti-immigrant by the day. The CRC, one of its big things is freedom of movement, of immigration. The Prog Trads, I’m sure, will be talking up the economy, opening foreign markets in the region to Qusma businesses, getting skilled labour into the country where we need it, but there’s definitely enough opposition to the CRC, & especially to immigration, in this country that it seems natural that one party will try to get that anti-CRC, anti-immigrant vote, & if that’s the Alliance, I’m sure they’ll find a way to spin that, too - & I think it could really be a viable strategy.”

RAX: “Interesting thoughts from everyone on the panel. We have to take a quick break, but join us on the other side for more talk about tonight’s top story on The Scoop!”
Hello! It's nice to see you again.
Qusma projects include: uni·q · Free Qusmo · Original Qusma newswire
Puppets: Sanford · Space Laser Dinosaur Robot Pirate Land · Xuois · The Heraion · UNI-Q
Feel free to newgen Qusmi'y for your leagues with this Qusma name generator, which generates fifty new Qusma names upon each page refresh.
Support: Good things
Against: Bad things
Neutral: Other things
"what the fuck qusmo"

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:05 pm

The Reçuecian National Football Team was not given an easy schedule for the beginning of qualifying. Their very first game was away against the highest-ranked team in the group, their second game was at home against the third seed, and their third game was away again against the second best team they'd face in qualifying. One could forgive the Reçuecian team for a few weak results to start off their qualifying campaing. When playing the best in the world, you have to shrug off a couple losses here and there.

Except that... none of that happened. Reçueçn had tied Qasden when visiting TV City, and now had come away with a win against Valladares, visiting them as well. Nil-nil and one-zero, not spectacular results, but not bad for an unranked side against such strong competition. At the same time, the RNFT had done anything but shrug off the one loss they had taken to Santa Regada--instead, they dwelt fixated on it until it had gotten to the core of the team spirit.

If you remember, team Manager Jacques Tremblay had made his best attempt at a pep-talk before the Valladares game in order to get the team out of the lousy mood it had settled into. Apparently, something had clicked.

Firaut had gone up for the coin flip before the game started, but hadn't won it, so Valladares took the ball, setting it up on the center mark as he jogged back to his goal-line. When the whistle blew, a light tap, and a quick pass forward, and the game was on.

Tremblay had started both Leclair and Saunders, who had never been on the pitch together at the same time. He had them both playing their regular position, though, so so this changed the line-up to an even-more-defensive-than-usual 4-4-2. The Unicorns began the game particularly cautiously--the midfielders hung back, and even when they won possession, Reçueçn was mostly happy to play keep away and avoid taking any risks.

Tremblay, from the side-lines, watched his men closely, to see if anything he'd said before kick-in had sunk in. To the commentators watching the match, at first glance, the lack of zest displayed by the team seemed like a bad sign; the way they sat back without taking the initiative seemed indicative of their defeatist attitude. Trembly, however, knew better. He'd chosen the strategy, and he knew that the apparently pessimistic risk-aversion was all part of the plan.

As the game drew on and the Unicorns' defense held firm, the commentators began to liken it to the game against Qasden with which Reçueçn had begun its qualifiers. There were certainly plenty of similarities. Reçueçn, playing away from home, was somehow holding its own against a team ranked much higher than them. Reçueçn wasn't getting any scoring attempts, but they certainly weren't letting Valladares pose too much of a threat. The home team seemed to struggle to push through the RNFT mid-field, and by the time they got into the box, they were being consistently shut down. The home fans weren't happy--they'd expected better against an unranked side.

The Reçueçian squad was playing a quiet, efficient game. The players kept their heads down, and their jaws set with a determination. Tremblay's words rang in their minds: I don't give a shit... if you don't give out their and play your best, you've let yourselves down. The team was playing its best. And it was starting to look like it might be enough to hang on.

Half-time came, and the scoreline was still nada to nil. Tremblay hit the gas again in the locker-room. "I've seen you working out there. That's good. I need more. We can hang on to this game if we keep playing how we have been, but we can win this game if you guys give me everything you've got. Your fitness training has been coming in useful. You're going to be outrunning Valladares all the second half. Now do something with that."

When the Unicorns came out to start the second half, the pressure had been turned up. They were now fighting back, trying to make runs into the Valladares third of the pitch, trying to eat up a bigger share of possession. Tremblay hadn't used any of his subs yet, though, and the team was struggling to launch good attacks without a center forward on the field.

Thirteen minutes into the second half, Tremblay finally went to his bench to give his mid-field some fresher legs. When the substitution was made a minute later in the 59th minute, it was Thomas Büchel who came on for Leclair. Taking off the defensive mid-fielder signaled a shift. Saunders was starting to play further and further up, and the Reçuecian counterattacks were becoming more and more sustained. Possession was now starting to become more balanced. The team, however, still didn't have a center-forward in the game.

It took another ten minutes for Tremblay to decide to finally put on the attacker he'd been missing. To the surprise of those watching, he chose Ly Nasser, who was usually on the second string. Franky, the star, stayed on the bench, for reasons unknown. The team was now back to their usual 4-3-3, but now with an attacking midfielder in Saunders, rather than Leclair who'd been starting during qualifiers thus far, and usually played further back.

The commentators watching were now clearly seeing the determination and effort Reçueçn was putting forth. Reçueçn, far from parking the bus, was actually starting to look like a viable threat to Valladares, the 40th ranked nation in the world. Meanwhile, on the sidelines, Franky was out of his seat standing in the technical area, pulling on Tremblay's sleeve and begging to be put on.

"Come on coach, let me play. They need me out there!" Franky was ignoring the remonstrances of the ref, trying to get him out of the technical area. "Please, coach! Put me on!" Franky was beside himself.

Tremblay nodded to him, but gestured him back to the bench. Franky took his seat looking totally dejected, his elbows planted on his knees and his chin in his hands.

Finally, with just fourteen minutes left, Tremblay turned back to Franky. He looked him in the eye. "Take of your pinny. You're on."

Trembly had seen that by now, the fitness training of the Reçuecians had taken its toll. The Unicorns were outrunning their Valladar opponents up and down the field now, beating them to loose balls and intercepting passes. It was now Reçueçn on the attack, and Valladares hanging back, trying to get in their way. With Franky on the pitch, this was even more so. The line-up was now 4-2-4. Nasser and Saunders were almost constantly in the box, while Pélissier and Büchel were running up the flanks and crossing in to them.

Franky had only been on the pitch for four minutes when he got the ball about two thirds of the way down the field. He passed it up to Lebo, who drew a couple Valladar defenders before tapping it back to Franky, now in the center. With a beautiful dribble to juke to the left around his last mark, Franky drew back his left leg and unleashed the shot he'd been waiting for these last three games. Reçueçn's first shot on goal of the tournament. The goalie was nowhere near close enough to the far corner, where it flew past him as if on a mission. The back of the net rippled as the ball burrowed into it. One-zero. Reçueçn had finally scored. And they were in the lead.

From that point on, it was over. Valladares, growing desperate, launched a couple last-ditch counterattacks, but they bore no fruit. The defense was still there, and it shut them down. Just ten minutes after Franky's goal, the game was over--only a single minute of stoppage time had been added. Reçueçn had won.

As the whistle blew, the RNFT players rushed the field, piling on top of Franky. Even a 1-0 qualifying win was big to them--it was their first win since the IAC. Tremblay allowed them time to celebrate, before grouping them in a huddle on the center circle.

"This'll be short, boys. Good game. You played your hearts out! That's all I ask for, and now you see the results. I only want cheerful attitudes from here out. You can do win again like this--you can score more goals, even. So let's do this again!"
Previous Match
Valladares 0-1 Reçueçn
World Cup 83 Qualifiers — Matchday 3
Metropolis, Valladares

Goalscorers: Franky Adams 81'
Reçueçn line-up: Gerauld Firaut (c), Leo Beck, Ägidius Heissler, Norman Bright, Oliver Spencer, Luc Pélissier, Grégoire Leclair, Harold Saunders, Maynard Hebron, Hippolyte Lavigne, Freeman Lebo
Substitutions: Büchel for Leclair (59'), Nasser for Hebron (68'), Adams for H. Lavigne (76')
World Cup 83 Qualifiers — Matchday 4
Bye

Upcoming Match
Reçueçn vs Starcom Racing

World Cup 83 Qualifiers — Matchday 5
National Stadium, Reçueçn, Reçueçn

Reçueçn line-up: Gerauld Firaut (c), Leo Beck, Ägidius Heissler, Norman Bright, Oliver Spencer, Luc Pélissier, Harold Saunders, Maynard Hebron, Hippolyte Lavigne, Franky Adams, Jean-Baptiste Brochard
rəswɛsən

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:28 pm

WHat is Kolom? It is the sound of the beat that your heart makes when in love. There's even a song about it.

This cutoff will give you the opportunity to listen to that very song. Maybe your heart will make that sound when you look at these results, eh?
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreamplanet » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:57 am

GAME OVER?

Even a full strength Dreamplanet couldn't beat Torisakia

Much like last game, Dreamplanet simply had to beat Torisakia, they couldn't afford to drop even more points in the event of Eura and Ko-oren winning, however that is exactly what happened and Dreamplanet are 8 points behind the leaders and 5 points behind Eura with a game in hand, it seems like the high hopes that Os Tricores had of qualifying to the World Cup is falling terribly short, even if the squad is showing some healing.

Dreamplanet was playing much less like a headless chicken but more like their usual selves, early chances came when a Aaron Hungar shot was deflected for a corner and then Miguel Benedito's volley skimmed the bar on its way out, Luis Silva would eventually be the man to put Os Tricores up ahead when he beat the offside trap and chipped Mitch Issacson, now Luis Silva and the rest of the squad looked more relaxed, although Johnny Kelso had a chance of equalising in the 44th minute with a header that was caught by Filipe Vaz, Os Tricores would come into the second half at ease.

However, they were all deceived, despite having more attacking chances, the efficiency was missing and Dreamplanet couldn't get the second goal they desperately wanted, still in the lead but nervous, Jordan Kallian was brought down in the box by Rui Jorge who promptly saw a yellow for arguing with the referee, Filipe Vaz guessed right but couldn't keep the penalty out and Jordan Kallian equalised. Torisakia almost had the 3 points when Faron James did a lobbed pass to Kelso, who got bodied by Filipe Vaz as he punched the ball away and the penalty was awarded, somehow Vaz avoided the yellow card and saved the penalty, however Dreamplanet couldn't get the winning goal aswell as Miguel Benedito's shot was cleared off the line and a 1-1 draw would stay once more.

It just keeps getting worse for Dreamplanet as they go into the break 5 points down to the play-off spot and with a game in hand, Ko-oren leads the group after beating Western Bjornaic and now Dreamplanet are joint 3rd with Torisakia and Freeport, can anything be salvaged from this run?

Torisakia 1 - 1 Dreamplanet
(Jordan Kallian 75' (pen.) - 39' Luis Silva)
Douglas-La Pryor, Torisakia

Fixtures:
August 1st - MD1: Western Bjornaic 2-6 Dreamplanet
August 2nd - MD2: Dreamplanet 3-4 Eura
August 4th - MD3: Ko-oren 3-2 Dreamplanet
August 5th - MD4: Dreamplanet 1-1 Flavovespia
August 6th - MD5: Torisakia 1-1 Dreamplanet
August 9th - MD6: Bye
August 10th - MD7: Dreamplanet vs Freeport
August 12th - MD8: Dreamplanet vs Western Bjornaic
August 13th - MD9: Eura vs Dreamplanet
August 14th - MD10: Dreamplanet vs Ko-oren
August 16th - MD11: Flavovespia vs Dreamplanet
August 17th - MD12: Torisakia vs Dreamplanet
August 19th - MD13: Bye
August 21st - MD14: Freeport vs Dreamplanet

Group M Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Ko-oren 5 4 1 0 10 3 +7 13
2 Eura 4 3 1 0 12 6 +6 10
3 Dreamplanet 5 1 2 2 13 11 +2 5
4 Torisakia 4 1 2 1 7 7 0 5
5 Freeport 4 1 2 1 4 4 0 5
6 Flavovespia 4 0 2 2 8 11 −3 2
7 Western Bjornaic 4 0 0 4 4 16 −12 0

Qualified for World Cup
Qualified for Playoffs
Eliminated
Last edited by Dreamplanet on Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

Sajnur
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sajnur » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:01 am

Flashback: Jessica Siafik at IAC-7

“Hey Gabby. How’s Liventia?”
“Not bad. Not too much to do, though. How’s Drawkland, Jess?”
“Terrible.”
“Really? Aww.”
“Nah, Drawkland’s fine, but we got smacked by Juvencus. You saw it on TV, right?”
“Nah, sorry, I was in a match.”
“Boo! Well we lost 6-3.”
“Ouch.”
“Yeah, it hurt. Kahala was almost crying.”
“Oh, no!”
“Yeah. I hate seeing her cry! She’s too precious and important to be devastated like this! The team got around and made sure we all weren’t too upset, though. We’re all packed into my suite now, and just hanging out playing games and that. Andre’s off his face as usual, and Basuli lost an aerial challenge to a doorframe.”

Laughter was all that came from Gabby’s end of the video chat, and Jess joined her in their schadenfreude at the thought of the 6’9” Basuli Maktar getting defeated by the doorframe.

“He jumped into it and everything!”
“Oh my gosh!”
“He wasn’t even drunk! Well, he was tipsy, but he wasn’t, like, off his face.”
“You sure, Jess? How do you know he isn’t just a lightweight?”
“Oh, he is a lightweight, at least for his size. Who’d imagine that someone that big could get drunk off six drinks? Anyway, he’s playing Dance Dance Revolution with David now. They’re actually really good.”
“Well, you’re all footballers. You should be good with your feet.”
“True.”
“Wait. Hang on. How did you get an arcade game into a hotel room?”
“The rooms are, like, big apartments with massive lounges and Tomasi hired some locals to get it through the service elevator. The hotel’s fine with it… I think.”
“Anyway, did you score?”
“Nah, haven’t had the time to go clubbing.”
“Against Juvencus, silly!”
“Oh! Yeah, I got a goal, but when it’s to make it 6-2 in the 80th it doesn’t feel, well, satisfying.”
“Aww, how sad. My wittle Jessie not even getting joy in scoring goals. Did you at least put a Juvencusan on their back?”
“No. The goalie flopped on his belly trying to reach it, though.”
“Ooh! Tell me they looked like a beached whale afterwards.”
“You know what? He kind of did! Like a beached whale! But he had his arms and legs all out too, like a starfish!”

More laughter permeated through the video chat as a tipsy Jessica imitated a starfish, and then collapsed off her chair and onto the floor from the thought of Taddeo Bulgari splayed out on the pitch after failing to save Jessica’s shot from 10 yards. A concerned Piotr Laghiev then approached.

“Hey Jessica, are you alright there?”
“Yeah, I’m doing great!”
“Is the floor comfortable?”
“Hell no! It’s cold and hard!”
“Let me help you back up.”
“Thanks a lot, Po.”

“Yo Jess, how drunk are you?”
“Just a bit tipsy.”
“A bit?”
“Maybe more than a bit. I’ve had, like, five drinks. I’m not like drunk yet, but I’m getting there.”
“Well you better behave!”

Even more laughter was summoned at the thought of Jessica behaving in any capacity, and on the footballers end the laughter was heard by several of her teammates.

“Yo, what’s so funny?” asked Zain Hasan.
“Gabby just told me to behave!” Jess told them, most of the Sajnuran national football team now laughing with Gabby.
“You? Behave? No chance!” replied Zain. Kahala Murje then came up to Jessica and started cuddling with her.

“Hey Gabby.”
“Kahala! Hey! How’s Sajnur’s best player?”

Jessica blurted out an “Oi!” at this suggestion.

“Unlike you, Kahala can slide tackle. I don’t see you sweeping footballers off their feet, and Kahala does it with ease.”
“Didn’t I sweep you off your feet when we met?”
“I’m a cricketer, Jess, and Kahala swept both of us off our feet, along with all of Cosumar’s football team.”
Jessica could do nothing as she actually blushed despite having skin too dark to blush, and she blushed even deeper when Kahala kissed her on the cheek, rendering her speechless.

“Jessica swept me off my feet the moment we met,” Kahala said, with her own face blushing with her admission.

“Aww, that’s so cute!” Gabby replied.

The trio simply enjoyed each other’s presence for a moment, before the topic switched to Gabby’s cricket tournament.

Sajnur

Nazar 47' (Haji)
Siafik 81' (Tule)
Maktar 88' (Levici)

Juvencus

Silvestri 12' (Martell), 20' (Martell), 61' (Christian), 74' (Russo)
Martell 30' (Etxeberria)
Bassi 38' (Martell)

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:12 am

World Cup Fever is hitting HUElavia once again, and every Qualifying Tournament causes HUElavians to become more and more optimistic towards seeing "Los Amarillos" (The Yellows) make their first ever World Cup.

After the surprising run by HUElavia in the WC82 Qualifiers that left them in 3rd Place, just 4 points shy of a Playoff Appearance, the HUElavian government made it a priority for HUElavia to have better facilities and stadiums to help produce promising talents and help bring the country into the international spotlight of sports.

The National Stadium received a massive upgrade, going up from 80,000 Capacity to 100,000, along with a retractable roof and a 360 degree Jumbotron. Estadio Ronaldo Lima also received a significant upgrade, moving up to 85,000 and also with a 360 degree jumbotron. Estadio Lucimar Silva, Estadio Thomas Rodriguez, Estadio Roberto Silva Rocha, and Estadio Ronaldo Assis all received massive renovations at both the exterior and interior.

HUElavia was placed into Group G as the 3rd Seeded team, having the following opponents: Mercedini (26), Krytenia (50), Schottia (108), Aurevbush (259), San Carlos Islands (297), and Sinyal (UR). HUElavia is ranked 59th in the World, and is expected at the very least to Finish 3rd in Group G, and at best, they are expected to finish 2nd Place and with a Playoff Spot.

HUElavia will play in the following Stadiums for these Qualifiers:
Estadio Edison Arantes, Curumba (100,000)- vs Mercedini
Estadio Ronaldo Lima, Curumba (85,000)- vs Krytenia
Estadio Lucimar Silva, Sao Salvador (62,000)- vs Schottia
Estadio Thomas Rodriguez, Natel (52,000)- vs Aurevbush
Estadio Roberto Silva Rocha, Belo Mar (48,000)- vs San Carlos Islands
Estadio Ronaldo Assis, San Rafael (47,000)- vs Sinyal

The games versus Mercedini, Krytenia, and Schottia are all sold out, while there are tickets available for the matches versus Aurevbush, San Carlos Islands, and Sinyal. Away teams for the matches in HUElavia will be allocated 20% of the stadium's capacity to bring in their fans, although, they will be placed in upper sections in larger stadiums, or in a corner for smaller stadiums.

Busoga Islands
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Busoga Islands » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:01 am

The Busoga Chronicle
The Islands #1 News Source!

The Busoga Chronicle interviews national team manager Starfire

The official team portrait of Starfire, the manager of the Busoga Islands national team

DUKUMA, NORTH ISLAND- This newspaper has managed to land an exclusive, wide-ranging interview with the manager of the national team, after this surprisingly excellent start to the World Cup 83 Qualification campaign. We're a third of the way through- having played four of 12 games, and after 5 matchdays, are somehow leading Group X, thanks primarily to the goal difference earned in a major 7-1 victory over Asdia.

Busoga Chronicle Reporter: Starfire, your team has taken Group X by storm for this qualification campaign! This has to be an unexpected surprise. How do you feel this vindicates you? There were rumors, of course, that BISA might move on after the last World Cup Qualification campaign, but they stuck by you and look what you have delivered so far.

Starfire: Thank you for the question. While this country is certainly small, we have some excellent players in this group. Many of them come from just two different systems- the United Hoofball Association and, of course, the Royal Banijan Soccer Association. But the key for a country as small as ours to do any damage at a tournament like this, is to believe in ourselves, believe in our skill levels.

This is something that we’ve been building towards. We’ve had some historic results in my tenure here- but it’s all about building towards consistency. I think, this campaign, we have quite the special group of 23 here- 23 men and women, who believe in the same goal, who are buying into the system that we have placed for them, who believe in each other. But it’s beyond those 23. The coaching staff, the trainers, the association, the players, we’re all working towards that same goal. But that belief- we have been able to channel that into positive results on the pitch so far.

Busoga Chronicle Reporter: Starfire, you guys have a game at Orange Field against Vartugia, before you travel to play the now two-time defending world champions. What is your approach going into this game, against a team that just earned their first points of the cycle? Will you rest key starters before Vilita? Is this a give me?

Starfire: I see you’re trying to get me to provide some billboard material for Vartguia, aren’t you? laughs. But in all seriousness, you can’t look past an opponent like Vartugia. Let’s be honest- we’ve never won a knockout stage game at a major tournament, and we’ve never seriously threatened for World Cup Qualification. To say that we’re at a point in the development of this national team to coast towards wins, to look past certain less intimidating opponents, is frankly wrong. Especially when you consider the depth of a talent pool of a nation as small as ours. Vilita has earned that right. Turori has earned that right. Valanora has earned that right. Starblaydia has earned that right. What distinguishes those nations from us? The stars on their crest.

Where we are in our stage of development, and at this point in qualifying, there is no opponent you can take for granted. We’ve got to run our best XI out there against Vartugia, and do what we can to pick up key three points at home before we travel back to Vilita. While, of course, the tendency of fans and media alike will be to look ahead to that game, because of the name and prestige of the opponent, we are focused strictly on Vartugia. This nation knows better than most that anybody can win on any given day. We can’t afford to drop points in Dukuma.

Busoga Chronicle Reporter: Let’s take this back a little bit further, back to your start as the manager. Of course, you’re the only manager this national team has ever known, with the nation and team forming shortly after World Cup 80. Starting from that ground up- how difficult did this make that?

Starfire: Well, of course, a lot of this was sorting out eligibility concerns for players. We, of course, have Berihu Abeselome, and we had Delbin Kasekende, who both played in World Cups for Banija. And Toyuwa Okafor, while eligible, chose to keep playing for Banija rather than switch his allegiance to here. It was certainly indeed quite the challenge to build this team. But BISA formed rather quickly, and I have to give the federation some credit here- they gave me a lot of the tools I needed to succeed.

This was never going to be fast, and it was never going to be easy. It is a challenge to build a national team from the ground up, but we have the players to do so. You have to have patience, you have to have energy, you have to have the passion. Look at players like Marie Sonko and Berihu Abeselome, and Delbin Kasekende. They are the team’s leaders. Abeselome and Kasekende in particular, having tasted a World Cup elsewhere- they still chose to play for this nation, when they could have kept playing for the Kadongo Kamu. But those guys bring leadership, and go all-in. They go hard in practice, they understand that they won’t be here forever, that the end of their careers is closer than the beginning. Those are the type of players you want on your side, mentoring our younger players, letting them know what it means to put on the jersey.

Busoga Chronicle Reporter: That makes quite a bit of sense. What do you think are the biggest challenges left in this qualification campaign? Is this success we’ve had in the first four games sustainable?

Starfire: Well, I can tell you this- it’s going to get a lot harder as this campaign goes on. It’s 12 games across 14 matchdays- that’s quite a bit of time. Obviously, I think our biggest challenge is obvious- we have the world numbers ones and the two-time defending world champions in this group. When was the last time they missed the Finals?

But there are challenges beyond that. How can we keep our players fresh? How can we make use of our depth on the squad? WE won three in a row to start this thing, and now we’ve lost a game, on this visit to Jeruselem. How do we respond to a loss? Are we going to wear down over the course of qualifying? And how well can we adjust and mix things up? When teams see us for a second time, they’ll have a stronger approach, a different approach. We’ll have a bigger target on our backs- can we respond to that? It’s a long, winding road from here, and absolutely nothing is set in stone.

Busoga Chronicle Reporter: Well, thanks for agreeing to do this interview! Any last thoughts for the teams’ fans?

Starfire: Busoga Islands fans are some of the best in Atlantian Oceania! They stick with this team, passionately, through the thick and the thin. Show out in full force tomorrow when we take on Vartugia at Orange Field! Continue to travel well- seeing Islander fans in the stands when we’re far away from home serves as inspiration to this team- this team plays for you, for this country. Hopefully I can see some of you tomorrow night!

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019

Postby Hapilopper » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:25 am

Kingsgarden, Brenecia
World Cup Qualifying Match 5: Hapilopper vs. Brenecia
For what it’s worth, it quite possibly was the biggest game in the very short history of the Hapilopper National Football Team, and the players couldn’t have appeared more relaxed in the minutes leading up to it. Sure, there was more at stake in previous matches, but this was a match against their absolute toughest opponents – Brenecia, the 9th ranked football team in the world, and the winners of the 80th World Cup.

But, in the days leading up to the match, the Haps had felt they had done everything they possibly could to prepare for the Brenecia match and had the attitude that they were as ready as they could be for this match. All they had to do at this point was play their absolute best, and maybe they could hold their own against a team that was probably going to make it to the World Cup proper. There would be no shame in going out there and playing their hardest, even if the result turned out to go the way everyone expected it to go. If the Haps got their asses kicked, at least they’d get their asses kicked playing as hard as they could.

For their part, the Haps didn’t make any expectations about results. Ernie Stevenson, possibly at the request of every single player on the team, made no predictions of bold results. Thom Perkins, stopped by Venerable Television’s Robert Skippers in the tunnel for a comment, declined to comment on the suggestions that Hapilopper, as good as they had been in their first matches, would get blown out by a team as potent as Brenecia.

“We’ll just play our game, that’s all we’re focusing on,” Thom said on live Hapiloppian television. “We’ve worked about as hard as we can, looking to this match. If we can get a result, that’s great, but if not, well, we tried as hard as we could. That’s the only thing I want from my players today – the promise that we’ll give it our best. That’s the only thing I’ll promise everyone in Hapilopper. We’ll give it our best.”

Just prior to the start of the match, the starting players – Cooter Harris, Nick Seward, Colin McLain, Scott Dukes, Nate Ellis, Pancakes Taggart, Kelvin Beverly, Murray Hunnisett, Steve Erickson, “Beautiful Bobby” East and Ernie Stevenson – huddled for a very brief pre-match meeting. All 11 players had smiles on their faces and were actually kind of optimistic, if you could believe it.

“Gentlemen, I’m not going to say I’m going to score a goal or two,” Ernie said to his teammates. “But you know what these guys are? They’re football players, just like we are. We can beat them. I’m not saying we will, and by no means am I saying it’s a certainty. But it’s a possibility. The only promise I’ll make you is I’ll go out there and go all out. If we all go out there and play all out, we might be able to pull one hell of an upset off.”

His teammates nodded their head and indicated that they’d be playing as if there was no tomorrow. That’s all they needed to do, and that’s all their fellow countrymen wanted them to do.

When the match got started, something unusual happened. The Hapiloppians were actually playing on the level of the Brenecians, and for 35 grueling minutes, the two teams played an equal, but very competitive match of football. It wasn’t the blowout everyone had predicted, and it certainly wasn’t the higher-ranked team taking the advantage everyone, including in Hapilopper proper, had predicted. But, in the 35th minute, Bobby East had seen an opening for Ernie Stevenson – one that Ernie hadn’t even seen.

“SEND IT!” Bobby shouted to his teammate just before passing him the ball.

Ernie saw the opening and made the most of it. He took a few steps to evade a defender, and fired the ball about as hard as he could past the waiting hands of Cass Farrell, who couldn’t react in time. The ball hit the back of the net about as cleanly as one could see, and in fact, it caught everyone, including VTV’s Jon Arnold and Harold Kellner, the Hapiloppian commentators for the match, off guard.

“And a great save by Farrell – NO WAIT ERNIE GOT IT IN!” Jon shouted. “THE HAPS LEAD ONE NIL!”

It was a great goal, but the general feeling was that, pretty soon, the Brenecians would take control and take the match away. Hapilopper had enjoyed their moment in the sun, but now it was time for Brenecia to take command. And for a few minutes, they did just that. In the midfield, Cathal Keynes and Falcon Case seemed to easily take control of Hapiloppian midfielders Kelvin Beverly and Pancakes Taggart, and in the 39th minute, Griffin Riordan appeared to be well on the way to scoring the equalizer. The ball was fired to the left side of the net, and Cooter responded appropriately. The Brenecians had given Hapilopper their very best, and Hapilopper had responded in kind.

At the halftime break, the Hapiloppians seemed to be even more fired up than normal. They could see the result they wanted ahead of them, if they could just keep working for it. Thom, typically a calm, reserved head coach, was fired up too. He had been afraid that his team, as calm and relaxed as ever before the match, hadn’t taken this assignment seriously enough. Those concerns were most definitely incorrect. The sound of whoops and rebel yells filled the locker room. The HNFT realized right then and there that Brenecia could be beat. Ernie’s goal proved it. Cooter’s save proved it.

“I’m getting another goal when we go back out there,” Ernie said, with a frightening intensity in his voice. “We’re going to win this fucking match.”

“You want to repeat that?” Thom said, for once not bothered by Ernie’s bold declarations.

“I said that WE ARE GOING TO WIN THIS FUCKING MATCH!” Ernie screamed. The entire team whooped in agreement.

“Too right, Ernie,” Thom replied. “Too right.”

When the teams came out from the tunnel, the HNFT actually looked like they were ready to make one hell of a statement. Ernie’s eyes were as wide as dinner plates, and he carried a smile that almost resembled that of a deranged serial killer. This was Hapilopper’s moment, and the multiverse was watching. Fans all over had tuned in to see a potential massive upset in the making. The Hapiloppians were more than happy to oblige, too.

In the 49th minute, Bobby East and Ernie Stevenson raced through traffic, fending off the very potent challenges from defenders Gethin Quill, Garwyn Varney and Garrett Horgan. As they neared goal, Bobby fired it to Ernie, who fired it towards the back of the net. Again, it sailed past Cass Farrell. It was a completely unexpected result, but Hapilopper now led 2-0. Bobby and Ernie couldn’t believe their eyes.

And, for that matter, neither could anyone watching back home in Hapilopper, who had heard of the tough challenge that Brenecia would give them. They had heard of this tough side, one that had won themselves a World Cup not too long ago, and worried that Hapilopper would probably not stand a chance. But Hapilopper more than stood a chance, and Hapiloppians watching everywhere they were went into a frenzy. Could it be? Could Hapilopper wind up pulling off this amazing upset?

It turned out, the Haps had one more goal in them. In the 2nd minute of stoppage time, Ernie caught the entire Brenecian team off guard and track-meeted it from midfield all the way to the goal. Hapilopper led 3-0, and wound up winning with that score. It was a monumental upset, to say the very least. The Hapilopper National Football Team, the 167th ranked team in the world, had knocked off the team ranked 9th, and now had a five-point lead in Group N just prior to the halfway point of the group phase of qualifying, and with three points for a win, the team was guaranteed to still lead the group even as they came out of their bye week.

The bye week couldn’t have been better timed. The HNFT had pulled off some magnificent efforts, and fatigue had started to set in. Ernie Stevenson, having just scored a hat trick against one of the best teams in the world, was absolutely exhausted. He had given his team the absolute best he could have given them, and there was nothing more he could do. And because of that effort, and the effort from his teammates, Hapilopper’s “impossible dream” of making the World Cup proper was starting to look more like a reality. All they needed to do was keep up this standard of play, and they’d be among the world’s best.

When the media approached Thom Perkins for comment, he couldn’t have been any more lavish in his praise for his players, who had done the work to top one of the top teams in world football.

“We’ve got some damned good players,” Thom said. “I’d put anyone in the world up against Ernie Stevenson, Murray Hunnisett, Bobby East and Cooter Harris. They’ve done some magical things in the last few games. We’ve won 15 matches in a row because they’ve given it their absolute best. That’s all I asked of them, as to play as hard as they could. They did exactly that, and now we’re in about the best position we could be.”

The HNFT returned to Hapilopper the next afternoon, and were greeted by thousands of well-wishers, joyous at their fellow countrymen’s giantkilling efforts. For several days, the Hapiloppians would rest up before starting their next round of training against Damukuni. It was another match that Hapilopper were the underdogs in, but they were the underdogs against Brenecia too.
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Squornshelan Remnant States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

WC83 Part 3

Postby Squornshelan Remnant States » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:12 am

Change of Seasons, 3

It was likely to be the largest influx of people the quiet city of Rudlit had ever seen, but with a scant 24 hours to go before kickoff, all signs pointed to the city and stadium being ready. A renovation and expansion project of the former Rudlit Civic Stadium, bankrolled jointly by the SCFA, Rudlit Miners FC, and the Miners' new main sponsor, Eichlen Mineral Consortium had begun less than a week after the conclusion of the SCFA season, which had seen Miners edge out regional rivals Flania Traal in league play, and then defeat a much larger club, Golgafrincham City, to earn promotion to League 1. There, they would renew their rivalry with cross-town club Rudlit Rovers, and with the city abuzz with excitement over the rise of their domestic teams' fortunes there could scarcely have been a better time for the Black-and-Reds to visit. The renovations included all-new press facilities, improved guest amenities, and an expansion of the stands which allowed some lower-level seating to be converted to luxury boxes without decreasing total capacity. With major construction completed barely a month before the match, the paint was still tacky in some areas, but overall, Ailen Koirala was pleased with the overall impression as she toured the grounds with a mixed group of visiting VIPs and press.

"Historically, only large, wealthy clubs in large, wealthy cities have been afforded the chance to host international football." She addressed her guests with a smile. "Tomorrow night, we will demonstrate that smaller communities and more intimately-scaled arenas are every bit as capable of putting on a world-class show. As you can see, Eichlen Stadium is a perfect venue, even if it iis a little smaller than we may be used to." In truth, the stadium was less than half the size of Radlov Arena in Brantisvogan, where the Black-and-Reds had played just a few weeks ago, and barely more than half the size of Bridger Lane in Damogran, where they would play in a few more. Ailen took a quick pause to judge her audience. Most were politely attentive, but far from riveted by her presentation so far. Even a tour given by the SCFA president herself isn't enough for some people. She dismissed the thought, putting herself in order for the conclusion of her presentation.

"On this note, I am pleased to announce a new program that the SCFA will launch in cooperation with local football organizations across the Confederacy." That perked up a few ears. This announcement had been a closely guarded secret, and a Plan B in case preparations in Rudlit had not gone so smoothly. "The Anywhere and Everywhere initiative aims to bring quality football facilities to every community in this nation. From the countrysides of Flania and Molvania, to the inner cities of Megabrantis and Algolia, and everywhere in between, every Confederate deserves the chance to play their favorite sport PLACEHOLDER. Anywhere and Everywhere will have a particular focus on improving facilities for youth football, particularly in disadvantaged communities, but will look for diverse opportunities to help improve opportunities to play across all walks of life. More details on the initiative will be forthcoming later this week, but I will take a few questions now."

"President Koirala, Ertta Kalenic, Brantid Courier. With all the upheaval in the SCFA of late, is this really the best time to launch an expensive new program? Couldn't these resources be put to better use elsewhere?"

"Thank you Ertta. With President Provorov gone, we must find new direction and new purpose. While the past five years have been much consumed with national team development, we cannot forget that the SCFA is responsible for the game of football at all levels. I would also add, that the more we can remove economic barriers to play, the better the youth game will be in this nation, which will benefit all other levels of the sport. Yes?"

"Fyodor Garipzanov, Molvanskigazeta. In the past, similar programs have built numerous youth stadia but then abandoned them to communities not equipped to maintain them, the result in some cases being worse than if nothing had been done. How will you avoid a repeat of these circumstances?"

"An excellent question Fyodor. In preparation for Anywhere and Everywhere we appointed a commission to research and analyze the programs you refer to and their failings. We intend this initiative to be far more than a simple building program. It will be an ongoing development program complete with training programs for facility management and youth coaches, as well as provisions for some ongoing funding for the facilities. I assure you, the legacy of Anywhere and Everywhere will not be a series of crumbling buildings 50 years from now."

Ailen looked around. She certainly had the group's full attention now. Some approved and some disapproved, she could tell, and some were simply hoping to report back that their community would somehow benefit from the initiative. Leave them wanting more. She decided.

"I'm afraid that's all the time we have for the moment. Our PR office will communicate the details of future press conferences. Thank you all so much for coming." She handed the group off to an aide and made good her escape. Shouldn't have gone to Kalenic first. We could win our group and she'd find something to bitch about. All in all it had been a successful evening though, and Kalenic could write whatever she wanted. Most of the rest had seemed more enthused, and focus groups suggested that the reaction of the general public would be positive. As long as the Black-and-Reds held up their end of the weekend and too full points, the Rudlit experiment would go off as close to perfectly as could have been expected.

Which just means next weeks will bring a disaster.

SRS Qualifying Schedule and Results:
MD1: Quakmybush 0-1 SRS
MD2: SRS 1-2 Siovanija & Teusland @ Radlov Arena (cap. 76,800), Brantisvogan, Megabrantis, SRS
MD3: Lashnakia 0-1 SRS
MD4: Bye
MD5: SRS 1-0 New North Carolina @ Eichlen Stadium (cap. 37,500), Rudlit, East Flania, SRS
MD6: Anollasia v SRS
MD7: SRS v The Holy Empire @ Bridger Lane (cap. 72,406), Damogran, Algolia, SRS
MD8: SRS v Quakmybush @ Pheldagrif Stadium (cap 45,620), Yassaca, Sivolvia, SRS
MD9: Siovanija & Teusland v SRS @ Olimpski-Stadion (cap. 60,000), Borograd, STL
MD10: SRS v Lashnakia @ Slavnarzeczpospolitastadion (cap. 61,230), Lublova, Molvania, SRS
MD11: Bye
MD12: New North Carolina v SRS
MD13: SRS v Anollasia @ Castle Street (cap. 57,300), Jaglan, Algolia, SRS
MD14: The Holy Empire v SRS @ Imperial Hippodrome
The Confederacy of Squornshelan Remnant States
Successor State to the Imperium of Squornshelous
World Cup 31 Champions
AOCAF Cup 69 Champions
ARC 1 Champions
World Cup:
2nd: 15, 38
3rd: 20, 25
SF: 18, 27
QF: 5, 11, 12, 22, 30, 32, 33, 34, 40
Ro16: 6, 7, 9, 16, 21, 23, 24, 28, 36, 37, 39, 90, 93
Group Stage: 8, 10, 13, 17, 19, 26, 29, 35, 41, 88, 91, 92, 94
DNQ: 14, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89, 95
Cup of Harmony:
QF: 6, 73, 75, 81
Ro16: 74
Ro32: 79
Group Stage: 76, 77, 87
Regional:
2nd: AOCAF65
3rd: IAC8, AOCAF67, AOCAF68
QF: IAC10, IAC13, AOCAF66, AOCAF70
2nd Round: IAC6, IAC7, IAC12
1st Round: IAC9, IAC11
Other:
BoF68 QF

Squorn is an unknowable entity -Mriin

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:24 am

Another big matchup, as every matchup seems in the small 7 team groups of World Cup 83 qualifying, as the Purple Knights played host to Saint Émelie. The Knights were coming off a strong road win in West Phoenicia while their opponents had just impressively defeated Darmen at home. With Darmen on their bye a win in their 5th match of the season would assure the Knights at least second place going into their final matchup of the season, and with the Les Insulaires surely not fancying their chances of visiting the Stairway to Heaven in MT Ceabring and leaving with a win, the Knights surely expected themselves to give themselves a chance of finishing the first half of qualifying above most of their competitors.

It was another interesting game for both sides. The favored Knights controlled the game as they are often want to do in this campaign. The Insulaires proved unwilling for much of the game to put much of an attacking flair into the game so the Knights attempted a little bit of their own attack. Unlike their previous home match against Senayan the Knights were able to push the ball into the net in the first half with a strong cross from Geoffrey Klingenberg nodded home by Sahler Moon, getting the start for a slightly knocked Shiloh Morgenstern. Xander McDrew noted after the game that he rested Morgenstern with his practice related injury with the big Darmen game upcoming. The Knights then held onto their 1-0 lead for the remainder of the game as they have proved adapt at doing throughout this campaign. The match saw second half subs with Miles Snavely, Nycolas Jackson and Yoshimi Hirahito all getting run outs.

The win proved a more difficult win for the Knights than they would have wanted, especially with their next opponents, Darmen, getting an extra week off on their bye. The most difficult opponent for the Knights yet, the 25th ranked Darmen side is the group favorites but has lost twice this campaign to Penguinland and Saint Émelie. The Knights have managed only one slip up for their part and currently hold a 7 point lead over the Darmen side. That said they now have a game in hand, and the matchup between the two. If it is any consolation the Knights get a final matchday bye while they get to watch Darmen battle it out with Mytanija, a win for Darmen in that match and regardless of the matchday 6 results the Knights will end the first half of qualifying on the top of the group table.

The Knights will have marked this matchup on their calendar for much of the season with Darmen one of two teams to qualify out of Group 6 for World Cup 82. The Knights finished third behind Free Republics and Darmen, 9 points out of qualifying. In their two matchups tied the home fixture 0-0, before a road loss in Darmen. If the Knights could get any sort of road points in the opening fixture that could go a long way in successfully qualifying for the World Cup, but they have never won in three attempts in Darmen, and only scored a lone goal in their most recent meeting. The teams have played a total of 10 times with the Knights 2-3-5 all time, and their only wins coming in neutral fixtures at Copa Rushmori's. The Darmen side has managed to outscore the Knights almost 2/1, and the Knights will have to put in a major defensive effort to get any sort of points in the road match, let alone the return fixture a few months from now in the Atlantea Coliseum.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:42 am

Chapter I: Population
Chapter VI: Ethnicity

Chapter XI: Language

Twenty-four first languages are spoken in Darmen, the most prevalent of which is English. As the national language, it is spoken as a first language by 78.17% of the population. Legonian, a recognized language in Darmen due to its historical significance to Darmen’s development, is the second most prevalent first language spoken in Darmen by 6.29%.

Five languages enjoy official status on a municipal level. Spanish, spoken by 4.07% of the national population, is an official language in Chavarría, Kalenda and Rogerton. French is spoken by 1.18% of the population and is an official language in New Darmen. French speakers can be separated into two distinct dialects: Cotdelapomais French and Valladar French. Valladar French does not hold official status anywhere in Darmen. Two other languages hold official status in the municipality of New Darmen: Acquan, spoken by 0.69% of the national population; and Tamar Anglo-Spanic, 0.57%. The final language to hold official status at the municipal level is Banijan, official in New Istria, which is spoken by 0.40% of the population.

At least four languages spoken in Darmen as a first language are so called “liturgical” languages, that is that the languages are closely tied to their speaker’s religious affiliations. Darmen’s Muslim population overwhelmingly speaks Arabic, 3.55%; the Amish population speaks Pennsylvania Dutch, 2.71%; the Jewish population speaks Hebrew, 1.59%; the Rastafarian population speaks Iyaric, 0.02%; and the Sihk population speaks Punjabi, 0.01%.

The remaining twelve minority languages are about evenly split between European languages (7) and Asian languages (4), with a single outlier in Haitian Creole.
Non-Official/Non-"Liturgical" Spoken Languages
Language Percent
Portuguese 0.43%
Haitian Creole 0.14%
Breton 0.10%
Korean 0.01%
Chinese 0.01%
Japanese 0.01%
Thai 0.01%
Irish Gaelic 0.01%
Italian 0.01%
Dutch 0.01%
Greek <0.01%
German <0.01%
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:20 pm

THE WITCH EMELIE,VI
Previous: I, II. III, IV, V

"No obvious signs of struggle or violence," said the burly investigator, Leender Zuilek

Detective Ineke Marissi thought about that for a moment, putting her finger on her chin. "No signs of forced entry either," she said, more to herself than as a response to Leender. "Nothing out of place. Nothing to suggest there was anyone other than these two guys in the condo during and around the time of death. Strange."

"Very," the investigator agreed. "I've already called for a toxicology report."

"We won't know the cause of death for a couple of days, then," said Ineke.

One of the individuals lay sprawled out on the black leather couch. The other was in an armchair of the same design and material. The television screen had been on when security arrived in the morning, playing some streamed show. No drugs or alcohol lay out on the glass table which sat in front of the bodies. Nothing out of the ordinary here, whatsoever.

Another security officer walked up to them then. He wore the uniform and badge of Penzlon Security, the international policing corporate behemoth for whom which everyone in the room worked for. Nodding to Ineke, the officer said, "Good morning, Detective Marissi. I called the national team headquarters in the city and spoke to Director Donal Jerispo. I communicated the deaths of Frapto Nevara and Klasos Derag. He was understandably upset and distraught but said that we were welcome to visit him at the headquarters building. I figured you'd want to know first."

"Yes, thank you," answered Ineke. To Leender, she said, "Let's let the team take care of business here. We'll go talk to this Donal Jerispo character."

Before she had left, she turned to the officer who had just approached her and added, "And let me know if you hear of any other leads."

"I-I-I can't believe it," said Donal to the two officers. "How did it happen?"

"That's what we're trying to find out," replied Ineke. "Any reasons you'd suspect suicide?"

"Suicide?" repeated Donal. "No, not that I know of. Begora would know more about that, anyway. Begora Listenaicher, the head coach. He knows of Frapto and Klasos' deaths and he'll have time to speak to you when we're doing here, if you'd like. I made sure that he'd be able to leave practice, if need be. Gods, I can't believe they're dead."

Nodding, Ineke said, "We'll need access to their medical records."

"That's understandable," said Donal. "You can speak to Dr. Emelie Reverie, who's in her office. Will you see her before or after speaking to Begora? I'll let her know."

"No need to let any of them know anything, Mr. Jerispo. Although, I do appreciate your willingness to collaborate. This will help us shut this case much faster."

"Suicide?" Donal was muttering to himself. "Are you sure there's no foul play?"

Leender began speaking to that. "No signs—"

Ineke cut him off. "Why do you ask, Mr. Jerispo? Any information may help."

"Suicide just seems...unlikely. Maybe it's just hard to digest, is all," said the director. Then, he added, "Well, those two were involved in a series of altercations with a former employee of ours. This employee was harassing one of our female staff members and these two players were involved in that."

"Where is this former employee now?" asked Ineke

Donal shrugged. "Uh, I don't know."

She tapped her foot on the floor. "What's his name?" She suppressed ending the question with you idiot.

"Dario Gertona," he replied. She passed the name on to a colleague through her phone.

They spoke for a while longer but didn't get much more in the way of information. When they wrapped up the conversation, Ineke and Leender made their way to the training field, where they spoke with Begora Listenaicher. The coach didn't have much to add, although he too expressed skepticism over the possibility of suicide. 'Those two goofballs would never do that,' he said. When they were done with him, the two security officers made their way back to the headquarters building and upstairs to go speak with Dr. Emelie Reverie, whose name had been thrown out by Begora as it had by the Director.

"They're WHAT?" asked the young doctor, who was sobbing vehemently since she first heard the news.

"I'm sorry for your loss, Ms. Reverie," said the investigator, Leender. Then, "What exactly was their relation to you?"

Emelie shook her head. "I'm the doctor who sees the players the most, you know. I'm very close to all of them, so it's just hard to hear that two of them are dead."

Ineke looked at her. There was something...off...about this woman. But, Ineke liked to play her cards close to her chest. "Mr. Listenaicher mentioned that Frapto and Klasos had made remarks about you in the locker room, remarks that suggest your relationship with them was more personal than with any of the other players."

That seemed to take Emelie aback, who recoiled slightly. Then she slowly nodded, and said, "It's embarrassing for me, you understand. I don't like talking about my sex life. But, I was having consensual relations with both men."

"Why didn't you say that earlier?" asked Ineke. Leender looked at her and then back at Emelie.

Emelie's stare was ruthless. "Like I said, talking about that makes me uncomfortable."

"They're dead," replied Ineke. "All aspects of the truth are useful to us."

"I understand that," said Emelie, whose tone was deteriorating.

"You were sleeping with both of them at the same time?" asked the detective.

"Yes," replied Emelie, with obvious shortness.

Ignoring the doctor's escalating belligerence, Ineke asked, "Do you recognize the name Dario Gertona?"

"Dario?" The doctor repeated the name. "Yes, of course. He was fired the other day for sexual harassment. I was the victim. Do you think he had anything to do with this? He seems like someone who would, that creep. What a weirdo, believe me. Him and that girlfriend of his, Janis Mariko. She quit the day he was let go."

Ineke jotted that name down, as did Leender. It was the investigator who responded. "Thank you for your cooperation, Ms. Reverie. We appreciate your willingness to share these details. They will go a long way in helping us solve this case, I promise you. Anyway, given that it seems that you were closest to both players in more recent days, there were no warning signs that they may have been planning suicide?"

"None, none whatsoever," said Emelie, as she shook her head.

Standing, the doctor said, "I'll be right back," before leaving the room. She came back a couple of minutes later with two beige folders filled with paperwork and other sheets. Handing them to Detective Ineke, she said, "These are their files. Any and all medical information we know is in there. They've suffered no head injuries, they have no history of depression, there's zero reason to suspect suicide, in my medical opinion. If I were you, I'd start your case with Dario Gertona. Anyway, I have work to do. Are we almost done here?"

Leender looked at Ineke, who said, "That'll be it. For now. We'll probably be back."

"Next time, clear it with my sched—" The two officers were out of the room before the doctor could finish her sentence.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Terre Septentrionale
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Septentrionale » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:56 pm

Terre Septentrionale beats Pratapgadh

El Perro, Texas - After winning 2-1 against Darkmania, Terre Septentrionale received Pratapgadh at home in El Perro, Texas. The task wasn't easy either, considering Pratapgadh is ranked 137th and we're ranked 218th. Terre Septentrionale attacked early, at the 7th minute when Yannick Ksiezniakiewicz passed to Amelia Zalwowska who dribbled and made a short pass to Fryderyka Cwierczakiewiczowa who shoots and scores. 1-0 Terre Septentrionale. The Nordiques increased their lead at the 19th minute when Sarah Surprenant made a cross to Zbigniew Zajaczkowski who shoots. The ball is deflected behind the net by Goalkeeper #1 and it's a corner kick. Pawel Wawrzynkiewicz takes the corner kick, he kicks the ball in the penalty area and Yannick Ksiezniakiewicz heads the ball right into the net for another goal. 2-0 Septentrionaux. It was starting to rain at the 28th minute but the game still resumed. Terre Septentrionale attacked again at the 35th minute when Élisabeth Normandin made a short pass to Pawel Wawrzynkiewicz who dribbled with the ball and made a cross to Fryderyka Cwierczakiewiczowa who shoots. The ball is in and it's 3-0! The score remains the same until the halftime.

Players were back onto the field after the halftime but the rain was intensified and players were sent back to the locker room. After a 5 hours delay, players were back onto the field for the 2nd half. Pratapgadh attacked at the 66th minute when Player #5 passed to Player #11 who made a cross to Player #9. He kicks the ball and it's in the net. 3-1 Septentrionaux. 7 minutes later, Pratapgadh attacked again when Player #8 passed to Player #10 who shoots all over the net, it's a goal kick. Zofia Kwietniewska kicks the ball, Roksana Kolodziejczyk jumps to get the ball and she heads the ball to Amelia Zalwowska who catches the ball with her right foot and kicks it into the net for another goal! The score was 4-1 Terre Septentrionale and it was the final score. The game lasted 7 hours, including the rain delay, and ended around 2 AM local time.

BOXSCORE
7th minute: Fryderyka Cwierczakiewiczowa assisted by Amelia Zalwowska
19th minute: Yannick Ksiezniakiewicz
35th minute: Fryderyka Cwierczakiewiczowa assisted by Pawel Wawrzynkiewicz

66th minute: Player #9 assisted by Player #11
73rd minute: Amelia Zalwowska assisted by Roksana Kolodziejczyk

YELLOW CARDS
31st minute: Player #8
54th minute: Przemyslaw Zawistowski
79th minute: Player #4

RED CARDS
None

Turori

Terre Septentrionale is now in 3rd place in group W, behind Turori and The Macabees, with 9 points in 5 games. Reprezentacja Nordycki's next game is away at Turori, the 2nd best team in the multiverse. We beat Darkmania and Pratapgadh but we can't beat Turori, the result will look like the game against The Macabees, which we lost 2-0.

Wlodzimierz Pietruszewski,
Senior writer, La tribune septentrionale
Nation name: République de Terre Septentrionale | Trigramme: RTS | Capital: Ville Jacques-Cartier | Maps
Ranks: Hockey: 20th | American Football: 7th | Baseball: 17th | Association Football: 23rd | Rugby Union: 21st
Champions:
Runner Up: Cup of Harmony 76, International Baseball Slam XI
3rd Place: World Volleyball Expo X, International Baseball Slam XII, World Lacrosse Championship XXXV
4th Place: Arena Bowl VI
World Cup participations: WC 85 (3rd place in group), WC 86 (3rd place in group)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports