NATION

PASSWORD

[RP/ROSTER] Games of the I FCN Olympiad

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aeternitatia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 10, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aeternitatia » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:49 am

Day 4 - Aeternitatian Media Reports:

"Hey guys, how's it going. Jimmie Kemp here from the Idras News Network. Let me tell you, it's absolutely amazing to be here for this. So today, I'll be showing you live footage of the Aeternitatian FPS team." [On Camera:] *The Aeternitatian gamers simultaneously crack open their gamerfuel, and with a unanimous 'crack' and 'fizz'* "Looks like the group's getting down to business. They have already had their eyes checked and hands massaged by their private physician, and have now saturated their thirst." [On Camera:] *Each gamer takes their position at their gaming terminal.* "Looks like they've taken their places and have now put on their headphones, which I've been told is the best design that money can buy. This is so exciting! These guys are about to put all their years of training to the test. ~And it looks like we're about to begin!" [Cuts to Camera]

"James Newman here with Aeternitatia News bringing to you live, the FCN Olympics. It looks like the Aeternitatian athletes have really prepared for the aquatic events this year, as each of their athletes are performing well above par during their practices. Each swimmer and diver has private sessions lined up with their trainers twice before they perform, and the team physicians make sure to check over each athlete before each event. Today, the swimmers are suited up in their top of the line swim gear, which have been designed to produce a glistening sheen when hit by light bouncing off of the pool. These athletes look stunning as they prepare to dive into their watery playground. The pool is truly Aeternitatia's home turf this year. [Pause] It looks like they're ready to start the pre-game announcements. We will continue to film the entire event today, so don't go away."

"Joan Carman here with Grizzly News to bring you your daily dose of the FCN Olympics. Rowing is on the table today, and it's looking like the competition is going to be tough this year. I'm not too worried though, as I've been told that these rowers have been training for months in some of the roughest coastal waters on earth. If they can rip through a tidal wave, they should be able to rip through their competition with just as much ease. One rower, Everleigh Ready, has given us this this statement, 'I've been preparing for this my whole life! This has been a dream of mine since my dad took me out kayaking for the first time. No matter what happens out there this week, I'll be happy that I made it this far and can say I got to compete with the best of the best.' If that doesn't raise your spirits, I don't know what will! We'll be back later with live footage of the events at 10, so don't go away."

Liberty Entertainment:
"We'll turn it over now to Wystan Kynaston in Noorderstein reporting on the FCN Olympics. Wystan, can you tell us about what you've seen this week?" "Sure Carol. *Starts walking down hallway* This has been a great week, we have athletes competing from all over the world. Our fellow Aeternitatians have been competing very well against these athletes, and have already taken home several medals already. It seems to me that we're going to be seeing plenty of heated competitions as we move forward. *arives at door, walks outside* Right here we are about to witness the Men's 50m Rifle Prone Preliminaries. And it looks like we're just in time, so let's give them our attention." [Cuts to Camera]

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:05 am

Many West Phoenician athletes, support staff and fans have criticized the West Phoenician International Events Committee, a sub-committee of the West Phoenician Olympic Committee for their lack of night time festivities.

At the Summer Olympic Games in The Free Republics there was the Garden of Eden Club; an exclusive club for West Phoenicians and invited guests.

Many returning athletes remembered fondly the club;

The venue was a four floored monolith building, entwined with crawling ivy and other vines artificially coloured in all shades of the rainbow. Entwined from the outside ground floor up to the rooftop, the metal staircase was transformed into a metallic green snake.

The entrance to the Garden of Eden had been hidden behind golden security gates and thick scarlet curtains where male crowd controllers dressed as cherub held swords with flaming red blades.

The ground floor was covered in snow white marble tiles, passed the cloak room into the open area where West Phoenician sculptures of the Hellenistic period dotted the room.

Large plasma television screens were plastered across a number of the ornate walls, large leather couches and coffee tables nearby allowed guests to sit and watch the Olympic high lights, while waitress in Greco-egyptian attire served drinks and nibbles on silver serving trays.
On the east and west walls large bars stood with a assortment of alcohol, bar tenders served the large queues thirsty for a drink while dressed loin cloths for the men and bikinis for the women; forest green body paint splashed over their bodies.

A grand ornate staircase led up to the first floor which was reserved for 18 and under. For the older teens there was a gaming room with every gaming console that was on the market.
In the adjacent room a theatre had been set up, showing films for kids and teens. While they enjoyed the movies that ran 24hr a day, ushers would bring an endless supply of popcorn, lollies, choc tops and sodas.

A makeshift skating ramp had been constructed at the end of the floor, mini challenges had been set up each day for teenagers who were interested, and for a positive way to highlight the entry of skateboarding into these Olympics.

For for the younger kids, play rooms had been converted and by nannies. Chalkboard and desks to colour in pictures , board games and toys were in abundance. The room was decorated to look like a Land of Toys and there was a separate room for those who wanted a nap.
One nanny sat in one of the corners reading fairytales, another manned the arts and craft tables. To add to the Garden of Eden theme, designers had gone all out by bringing in a number of baby animals to interact with the children. Baby lambs, goats, piglets, puppies and kittens.

On the 2nd floor a Karaoke corner with over 2000 music tracks, and a host of pool tables, dart boards, video games, mini golf and a coffee bar and juice with 24hr barista service.
In a separate room for invited guests relaxed in a bar lounge setting. While they listened to a number of West Phoenician singers on stage who rotated each night.

The 3rd floor was classed the Pamper floor, round the clock massages, tarot readings, séance, palm reading, manicures and pedicures.
Everything a pampered West Phoenician could desire.
The West Phoenician Olympic Committee had even gone all out by bringing large stone and marble statues of some of their more popular gods, goddess and Animal deities, perfect for anyone who wished to pay respect or offer an offering to the deities to bring the Olympics team good luck.

The 4th floor was strictly Adults only again. After proving a huge success at the Aeropag Summer Olympics Games.
The theme of the floor was the seven deadly sins.
Male and Female pole dancing entwined with burlesque dancers on stage while the champagne flowed freely
While love rooms had been designed to cater for the clients intimate needs, each room set apart by a different theme to those in the want and desire of additional debauchery.

Similar venues had been set up and other Olympic Games, so it was not out of turn for the. To ask what about us for these games.

West Phoenician Olympic Committee President Baroness Flora Freeman and Chairman of the West Phoenician International Events Committee Thomas Wentworth composed a joint statement that was emailed to the entire delegation.

"We have heard some grumbles from upset West Phoenicians over the last few days over lack of an entertainment venue/club for West Phoenicians to chill out in after the games.

We wish to address these concerns now. A West Phoenician club was overlooked at the First Federation of Conservative Nations Olympiad due to the horrors of the last Summer Olympic Games in The Free Republics where an athlete decide to enact justice on those athletes and support staff who had bullied her in high school. We decided out of respect for those murdered members we would decide not to have a venue this year, due to the previois venue being an open hunting ground of vengeance.
We encourage West Phoenicians to go out into the Furby Islands community and help boost their economy. They have a large number of venues that I am sure you will all enjoy. It is a greatway to mix with other nations at these games and to not be so segregated.

I do encourage all members to be on their best behavior, due to our way of life which can differ from other nations we have been given many labels, our Garden of Eden Club was called a cesspool of sin and vice, where vain, self indulgent West Phoenicians engaged in every sort of debauched act that one could think of. When out in the Furby Islands community, please remember you are the face that they will associate with West Phoenicia, try to be nice and considerate.

The West Phoenician Olympic Committee promises a return to a West Phoenician venue at the next Olympics, but for these games, spare a thought for your murdered compatriots. Promote good sportsmanship and most of all have a great time and bring home a horde of medals for Team West Phoenicia. Let's strive for a 50 medal target. "
Last edited by West Phoenicia on Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

San Carlos Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby San Carlos Islands » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:34 am

Noorderstein, Furby Island
Women's Artistic Gymnastics All Round Team Finals; Day 4
Viktoriya lined up at the end of the floor and raised her arms up as high as she could.

The music chosen by the coaches for the last routine of the event was coming to an end; An instrumental version of some pop tune. Viktoriya was never keen about the music herself, couldn't even recall the song's name, but if the San Carlos Gymnastics coaching staff insisted, it was fine by her. Anything for a gold metal.

Around her she could see fans from across the Commonwealth, clad in green, blue, and white San Carlos Islands Olympic sports kits, holding up banners saying "TEAM SAN CARLOS ISLANDS" and waving flags; they went quit.

"44.725." she said with a faint breath. That's all she needed to score to propel the San Carlos Women's Gymnastics team to the gold medal in All Round Team Artistic gymnastics. "Simple enough." she said, the team relied on her.

She dashed across the floor as fast as she could... Jumped into a free round-off... And landed, both feet on the ground, arms raised up in the air.

The music concluded... The gymnasium broke out into cheers that soon faded into the clear noise of fans screaming "S C I !, S C I !, S C I !"

Viktoriya, exhausted from the performance slowly waked over to one of the many digital scoreboards and squinted at it. 46.650

"I did it!"

The rest of the team including the coaches stormed the floor to hug her.

They walked up to the champions podium, smiles on their faces and slipped the gold medals over their heads. As they stood there on top of the podium, the National Anthem of the San Carlos Islands played and green, white, and blue slowly was raised over them.

After International media took their photos, they were driven back to the San Carlos dormitories in the Olympic Village.

Night; Day 4

"I'm Foster Foster Hayley coming at you again from the Conclusion of Day 4 of these summer Olympics! This is of course an English broadcast brought to you in part by FlySCI Airlines and Park Place International, official travel providers of SCTV and the San Carlos Olympic Committee; coverage in Russian can be found on CKT. - Well Kennedy if you thought yesterday was at least a successful day as we watched the Women's Archery Team win the gold. What are your thoughts about today?"

*Footage Men's 50m Rifle Prone finals*

"Well thank you Foster. Today was indeed a fantastic day. We first watched our Artistic Gymnastics girls win gold in the All Round Team Finals, then later in the day Ladislav Stankic won bronze after a heart-wrenching shoot off in the Men's 50m Rifle Prone finals."

*Footage of All Round Team Finals, Women's Artistic finals*

"Good, good. - Let's first focus on this gymnastics teams. This team, you have; Yulia Antonova, Viktoriya Atanasova, Vasilisa Pavlovsky, Nevena Stojanova, and Katie Van Slooten. All superstars. All these women advanced in at least one event in the individuals, they had a stellar performance in the All Round preliminaries. Was this win today much of a surprise?"

"No Foster, I think we all expected this to happen. Nevertheless, Viktoriya Atanasova's final floor routine was heart pounding, but she did more than enough to get a high enough score to win. I think this team is going to sleep happy tonight and I hope Foster, they can get more than enough rest to bring home some medals at the individuals."

"Of course, everyone back at home is wishing them luck, we know they'll do well."

"Next, we need to recognize Mr. Stankic's performance. Even though it wasn't the result he maybe was hoping for, he really helped the Commonwealth when it comes to the medal count, he propelled us to 3rd overall. He was competing in a difficult field and it was a miracle he won that shoot off; everyone watching that in the Commonwealth was at the edges of their seat."

*Footage of Women's Beach Volleyball*

"Well, bravo Mr. Stankic! - We can't forget the other winners from the Commonwealth today. Tess Piper and Nata Lagounov won again in a tie breaker round and Kennedy Goldy and Valaria Pavlova got their second win, cementing their spot a the top of Group D. Like I've been saying time and time again, this is an event to watch if you're a San Carlos Islander, and it's one we will be winning a, if not multiple medals it."

*Footage of Women's Basketball*

"Indeed Foster - We also cannot forget our Women's basketball team. Women's Basketball stars Emily Van Hoek and Holly Jones showed up again to beat Aeternitatia 115 to 58, another blowout victory. Also Foster, an event we've often been overlooking is Rowing; however the Commonwealth scored two major victories today in that event. In Men's Single Sculls Kennet Antonsen will be advancing and in Women's Single Sculls Madelyn Van Slyke will also be advancing. These are two stellar athletes, I strongly believe one of them if not both of them will walk away from this tournament with a medal!"

"I do as well, Best of luck lads! - Well, San Carlos, it has been another good day here in Noorderstein tune in tomorrow for more coverage of the Olympics. Watch the San Carlos Men's artistic gymnastics team compete in the Individuals finals. Tune in to see San Carlos take home the gold in the Women's 50m rifle prone competition. Watch the gold winning Women's Archery team get out ahead of the pack in Women's individual archery - round of 16. Or see if Men's basketball and Women's football teams can eek out another win!"

"See it all tomorrow right here on SCTV Sports and SCTV Sports 2. I'm Kennedy Hayward."

"And I'm Foster Hayley - Good night and godspeed to the San Carlos Olympic Team from SCTV, providing English broadcasting to the Commonwealth for nearly 40 years."

*Fades off to slideshow of today's event's*
Foreign Affairs Director for the League of Conservative Nations

WA Ambassador: Trinity Ryan
WA Information: wa.mission.gov.sci

Gagium
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gagium » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:53 am

GamerWatch
youtube.com/user/gagiumgamerwatch

"Hello everyone, welcome to another episode of GamerWatch, the nation's #1 gaming news youtube channel. I'm Jacob Cohen - No, who did you think I was? - and I'll be your host today...as always. Because, y'know." Jacob takes a long swig of a massive bottle of Pepsi, dabs, and then continues. "What, the dab is out of fashion? Yeah, said nobody ever. As you know, prominent youtube Swoogerguy recently got demonetized after saying the n-word on his Fortnite 2 stream, causing outrage among the gaming community and 9 million Swoogerguy subscribers." The screen turned to footage of Swoogerguy's stream, during which he got shot and began yelling into his mic, saying a variety of bleeped out expletives and the n-word numerous times at the darker-skinned player who killed him.

"Meanwhile, female streamer and gamer-girl RosiegamerX, whos' name is Rosie Thomasford, recently announced on a video, "I'm selling my shower-water for you gamer boys!!! This is a shout-out to our proud GAMERS at the Olympics! Buy on my shop - http://www.rosiegamerx.rus - NOW for only $31 a piece! Following this announcement, her shower water instantly sold out, with dozens of famous youtubers and even a government official claiming to have ordered the water." The screen shows a youtuber opening RosiegamerX's shower-water and pouring it into his mouth, before he spits it out yelling "This tastes like f***ing sh**, what the F***!"

"And, as you know may or may not know, a conglomerate of several prominent gamers and streamers from across the nation, including my good friend Gamergium - Hehe, get it?..Whatever. - and Assdestroyerz. Was I supposed to censor that? God. F*** youtube - Don't demonetize us! We've obtained footage and audio recorded by the Gagiumish FPS team of the VC for release exclusively on our channel of their games played during the First Person Shooter events, with the following message sent to us by the team - 'Attention gamers. We'll get em next time, don't worry boys. And girls, we're not sexist. We were on the verge of greatness though, and we say GG to all our opponents we faced today. Except the Furbish. They suck. Second is something we'll take though.'"

"Wow. Okay, now let's load up the footage. This is something never before seen by man, so get your popcorn, take a seat, make sure to LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE TO GamerWatch..uh, sorry...and let's get into this!" Jacob leans into his chair and presses a button on the computer, bringing up a screen of the FPS game, captioned 'Gagium VS Furbish Islands - Finals match 3 - 1-1'.

On the side of the screen was a snippet of a discord voice chat, containing the 16 Gagiumish athletes. On the bottom of the screen was a two minute countdown until the match began. Furbydestroyer69 was tea-bagging 360getscoped, who was prone, while Mafiahead420 and Hotgamergirlowo pretend to shoot each other while running in circles. The other gamers were all pointing their guns up to the sky and tea bagging the ground.

Furbydestroyer69 yelled into the VC, "MAGGOTS! AFTER I'M DONE BANGING 360, GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE AND LET'S ORGANIZE! THESE FURBISH F***ING B****ES WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO GET #1 AND PRETEND LIKE THEY'RE GAMERS. WELL, THEY AREN'T, AND WE'RE GOING TO BEAT THE S**T OUT OF THEM LIKE WE DID LAST ROUND. GOTCHA? CAMPERS."

TheRealNewWaldensia responded, "Yessir, daddy! You're kinda hot, Dave, you-"

360getscoped - "HE'S MINE! AAAAAAAAGH But yeah listen to him or we're going to get our tits destroyed by those f**kin sissies that call themselves 'gamers'. GOD. And what the hell have these maps even been? They're literally just FURBY - No, this map is actually just this city. What even.."

Quickshotgamer sighed. "Thanks for the observation, 360. Imagine being that obsessed with your dumb*ss island nation." Quickshotgamer pointed his sniper rifle to the other side of the map and pretended to shoot. The other gamers soon joined him, before Furbydestroyer69 yelled, "Okay, TARDS! Snipers, you guys head over to the ugly-*ss tall buildings over there. Assdestroyerz, run around like a retard around the buildings shooting anyone who isn't us. AR f*gs, you head over to the shorter buildings and cover our snipers up there. Yes, that includes you, Gamergium. No hanging out with the snipers. 360getscoped , head up to that taller building as well - No, not that one, the OTHER ONE - And I'll head down to the shorter one to cover my fellow AR losers."

Noobrekter5 yelled, "WE'RE ALL GONNA F**KIN DIE. I love it. DO WHATEVER THE HELL HE SAID."

The countdown struck zero, and the Gagiumish athletes ran to their buildings on the map. As the last sniper, Mafiahead420, ran into the building's doorway, his head got shot off and he yelled into the chat "F**KING FURBISH F**GOT B***H *SS GODAMMIT-" before disconnecting.

Furbydestroyer69 yelled, "F**KING VungarLover_1488. HE'S ONE OF THEIR GOOD ONES. THE *SSHOLE."

360getscoped responded, "Godammit. Okay 69, let's do this. AR f*gs, let's RAIN HELL ON THEM." The assault rifle gamers began shooting at the buildings on the opposite side of the map. Noobmaster68 yelled, "I GOT ONE!" as one of the Furbish snipers on the far side of the map got shot. Fastdabber yelled into the VC, "I GOT ANOTHER! HELL YEAH - AW, WHAT THE F**K GODAMMIT FURBISH CUCKS. GO DIE."

Fastdabber had been shot as the person he 'killed' stood up over the barrier they were crouching behind and headshotted Fastdabber. He disconnected from the VC after his short rage.

Furbydestroyer69 - "Aw, s**t. Okay guys. Continue f**king destroying them." Assdestroyerz yelled, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA", running to the Furbish team screaming. "F**K YEAH, OH YEAH BABY, A DOUBLE GET DESTROYED LOSERS." Assdestroyerz had killed two of the Furbish in his single-man charge, and continued yelling as he fired a few more rounds - And got headshotted as he left the view of the Gagiumish athletes. A furbish gamer ran over his corpse and began teabagging him. "WHAT THE F**K MAN, THEY'RE HUMPING ME. LIBTARDREKTER2016, FERBIEILANDS_FINEST, I'M COMING FOR YOU B***HES." Assdestroyerz left the VC yelling.

Gamergium yelled, "Guys, I'm going to get this f**ker...What the hell? 'TheRealGamergium' - Oh, I'm going to KILL YOU." Gamergium ran past the curb he was crouching behind and began firing rounds at the Napoleon statue TheRealGamergium was crouching behind. As he stood up, at least four different Furbish shot him , and Gamergium was eliminated. He sighed and spit into the VC, "The b***h. Get that impersonator *ss for me, guys. Win this for us."

360getscoped said quietly in the VC, "S**t. We've got 4 down but we got only 3 of theirs. F in the chat."

Furbydestroyer69 yelled, "BIG F! We're not lost though."

TheRealNewWaldensia tucked her lips and frowned behind the screen. "Noobrekter was right. We're all gonna die. Great." She shot a few rounds into a building in the distance, narrowly missing her target.

Furbydestroyer69 yelled, "Okay, gamers. We're going to wrap this up, right here, right NOW. Those Furbish a**holes think they can WALK ALL OVER US, they think they can WIN? IMPOSSIBLE. We'll show them what. I AM INEVITABLE. AR losers, Get down at the base of this building, we're going in deep. Hehe, HAH- Uhm,"

Getnaenaed said in VC, "Yessir." Noobmaster68 followed with a "Yes, SIR!!!!", along with TheRealNewWaldensia sarcastically. Furbydestroyer69 then said in the VC, "Snipers, COVER US. Let's head out, GO, GO, GO!" The squad began running into an alleyway towards the Furbish lines, running into buildings for cover sporadically. 69 quickly looked up and shot into a building for no apparent reason, accidentally killing a Furbish gamer.

"Huh. Neat, I didn't even look. TAKE THAT, YOU-" Several shots rang out of nowhere, with the other gamers running for cover and Furbydestroyer69 getting shot numerous times until dying. He killed, "GOD F**KING DAMMIT WE WILL KILL YOU, YOU F**KING MOTHERF**KERS. GOD F**KING DAMMIT THEY'RE SUCH IDIOTS I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THEM RUNNING AROUND LIKE THAT. THEY TH-" Furbydestroyer69 got forcibly disconnected from the VC by Gamergium, who was watching his screen from behind whilst eating doritos.

360getscoped remarked, "Okay. Leader's dead. I own you sex slaves now, haha. Kidding, boys, We'll do exactly like he would've wanted us to do...And continue that charge, assault riflers." Meanwhile, back with the assault riflers, TheRealNewWaldensia, Noobmaster68, and Getnaenaed ran out of the building and entered the lower floor of the building with maybe-Furbishes. As VC chatter for the snipers could be heard with 360getscoped commanding, Getnaenaed said in the VC, "Okay. RealWaldy, Noobmaster, let's go up and kill the bastards in here."

The group climbed up the first few stairs of the building, until finding a Furbish gamer crouching behind a window and waiting for a viable target on the ground. "Haha, this one's gonna be easy-" Noobmaster68 shot a round into the Furbish' head and killed him. As another Furbish approached them from the staircase going to the top floor, TheRealNewWaldensia turned around and shot a few rounds into him, killing the guy,

"Any more on the top?" TheRealNewWaldensia asked, which Noobmaster68 answered with, "I don't know. Let's go find out." The three ran up the staircase, and looked around. Nothing except the rest of the map of Noorderstein. Getnaenaed remarked, "Huh. Cool map." before they all were shot to death by Furbish snipers on a bordering building. They collectively yelled numerous expletives into the VC and swear words before disconnecting.

360getscoped murmured, "S**t." She then raised her voice and said, "Okay guys, let's count. Only four of us left, s**t. And they've still got 8? Alright, snipers, let's stay crouched up here and hope for the best. Continue doing what you're doing, I'll cover the stairway here. Aw wait, s**t. Hotgamergirl, you're in that building by yourself? Don't die. If you die, you have to suck the Furbish guys' d**ks, okay."

Hotgamergirlowo remarked, "I'd like that.." before the other 3 remaining people began yelling at her in the VC. "Jeez, jeez, fine. I won't die." Gamergirl maneuvered herself in the corner of the floor she was on, rifle pointing towards the stairway. Two Furbish noobs made the mistake of going up the staircase, and gamergirl shot them both.

"S**t, s**t. They know I'm here. I got two of em, that makes 6 of them now, s**t." Another Furbish player ran up the staircase, firing a few rounds into Hotgamergirlowo's torso before she got him. "Aw, damn. I'm at low health, guys. Furbish c**ks, here I come..UwU-" Hotgamergirlowo got killed by a last Furbish player - xXx_CrimmyBB420_xXx - , and she promptly disconnected from the VC as the Furbish tea-bagged her.

360getscoped yelled, "OKAY GUYS. THREE TO FIVE, WE GOT THIS...We'll be playing defensive though. I and Quickshot will watch the staircase, you Noobrekter need to continue trying to snipe. Okay.." They sat there for a few minutes, until Noobrekter5 broke the silence by asking, "Where the hell are they...Oh, oh s**t. Three of em just entered, the building, guys- DAMN." Noobrekter5 disconnected from the chat as his body fell onto the ground, having been shot by a Furbish player.

360getscoped said, "Okay, uhm, quickshot. It's just us..Oh god, oh god. You think we can do this?" Quickshotgamer responded with, "Yeah. I definitely think we can do this - No, it's necessary that we do this." As the three Furbish rounded the staircase, 360 and quickshot both shot rounds into them, but their barrage crippled Quickshot. He yelled, "They're still standing - the hell? I'm low health, AGH, AGH, THOSE B***HES. I'LL CUT THEIR D**KS OFF. Avenge me, 360..AVENGE ME." He disconnected the VC. 360getscoped murmured to herself in the now empty VC, "It's big brain time." She shot two of the Furbish players, WorldsBestGamer42069 and sn00p_d0gg_420, down before killing the last one at low health, NoLifeDiscordUser666.

"Ah, fuck this. One versus two, huh? Well, let's settle this like grown women, whoever the hell you are..." 360 began going down the building, not finding any Furbish as she walked downwards. As she exited the building, a shot rang above her head, and she turned to the source and fired a few rounds until her opponent was dead. "Okay, excellent. One v one. YOU LITTLE FURBISH SISSIE, I SAID ONE V ONE ME!"

360getscoped leaned against a building, waiting. She held her sniper against the building, pretending to shoot at the street in both directions, until a motion caught the corner of her eye. "Come here, you little.." she approached the Napoleon statue in the center of the building, walking past the corpse of Gamergium. "F. I'll win this for us."

She turned around, stumbing upon the last Furbish, some loser named LastGamerStanding. 360 wasn't going to give him any time - She swiftly moved her mouse to above the guys' head, but to no avail. LastGamerStanding was unfortunately faster than she was, and she watched as her corpse fell onto the ground. The footage ended with a screen saying "FURBISH VICTORY, 2-1. GG"

GamerWatch host Jacob Cohen came back on screen, with his room in the background. "Wow. Those thirty minutes were intense as hell. We need to show these guys some support, they're some of the best around. That's a second place win even if the Furbish won first. Though if I'm going to be honest, Mafiahead420, you suck. Okay? If you're watching this, come on now- Oh. That's the end of our show, guys. Make sure to like and subscribe, and if you want more premium gaming news, make sure to continue watching GamerWatch in the future! Though our FPS team fought hard, multiplayer online battle arena, wii sports, and - yes, you heard us - BATTLE. ROYALE. are still ahead of us. Goodbye everyone!"

What happened after the FPS round concluded...
360getscoped / Caroline Breguet turned around and got up. "Ugh, GUYS. We were ON THE VERGE OF GREATNESS, WE WERE THIS CLOSE. I thought we had it all. I mean, damn, they're close to as good as we are, actually. But come on now. The maps are literally all set in Furby - Of course Furby would win!"

David 'Furbydestroyer69' Baudet looked at her and smiled. "You did good, Caroline, you did good. We all did good. Second place ain't bad, right?"

Ninon 'Gamergium' Boutroux walked in carrying three boxes of mountain dew, sighing heavily and frowning. "IT'S NOT FIRST PLACE, I'LL TELL YOU THAT. THOSE FURBISH C**KSUCKERS CAN GO ROT IN HELL...Also, I got y'all mountain dew. Good, aye?"

Caroline snickered. "Heh, c**ksuckers. Speaking of that, hey, Lorie.."

Lorie 'Hotgamergirlowo' Pleimelding turned her head. "Uhuh? Oh- Oh. Where's the Furbish gamers? Are they hot?" Caroline frowned. "I was kidding. Whore." That didn't stop Lorie from getting up with two mountain dews in hand, though, and walking off in the direction of the Furbish gamers. David facepalmed. "Ah, whatever. She can go suck those Furbish d**ks all she wants, we're done here. We got second place, and that's all that matters..Are you guys staying in the city for the olympics?" The rest of the group laughed while Ninon said, "I'm staying until I find some Furbish gamer girls, so yeah." The rest of the group agreed and affirmed that they would be staying.

David 'Furbydestroyer69' Baudet smiled. "Okay, great, great. Let's stick together, that was a great game..We have to get the Battle Royale team ready. Oh yeah, and guys. You all know September 20? Area 51 raid in the United States? Let's be there..."

Several hours later
Kévin Loup, who went by the tag of 'abcdefckyourself', was sitting in his room in Noorderstein, Furby, watching GamerWatch's latest coverage of the Olympic FPS game on his desktop he brought. Suddenly, his phone began ringing, and with a sigh he picked it up.

"Ugh, it's three AM for god's sake. Who is it?"

"Hey, Kev. It's Dave, y'know...best gamer in the nation. Furbydestroyer69."

Kévin smiled. "HAAHA. Yeah, I know who YOU are. I'm watching the footage right now, just saw you get your ass handed to you. No, you SUCK! Anyways, what'd you need?"

"I need to..talk to you and the rest of the Battle Royale team. I have some insight on the maps they may be using, and I think I got something. Also got a good rundown of the ass' tactics. Meet me in the audience of the Women's 50m rifle prone finals tomorrow, and we can go find a nice bar after then."

"Hah, okay Furbydestroyer. I'll bring the boys along."

"Thanks, Kev. G'night." He hung up, and Kévin Loup stared at his phone before smiling and returning to the fresh footage of Gagium's FPS players screaming into their mics as they died.
E

New Waldensia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby New Waldensia » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:04 am

Noorderstein Olympics, Day 4
Olympic Beach Volleyball Stadium

The arena was rocking with music as spectators joined in with the pop song that was playing. New Waldensia's Kayley McKay and Hedvig Norberg were playing Monica Lisk and Queenie Reiman of Furbish Islands. McKay/Norberg had handily won the first match, and were leading 16 to 15 in the second match.

Norberg served the ball into the back left corner. Lisk bumped the ball to Reiman, who set it up toward the net for Lisk. Lisk went up for the spike, but was blocked by McKay. Reiman saved the ball as Lisk rushed for the second hit. Reiman then sent it back over, as Norberg chased it down. The Waldensian women passed the ball back and forth then Norberg went for the spike. Lisk dove and dug the ball but Reiman was unable to save it. 17 to 15.

The game went on for another few minutes before Norberg scored the winning point. The New Waldensian team defeated Furbish Islands to go 2-0 in the games so far. Norberg and McKay shook their opponents hands and congratulated them on a good set of matches.

Olympic News Studio, WBS-TV

Philip Morrison: "Good evening, New Waldensia. This is Philip Morrison once again, coming live from the Noorderstein Olympic Games. As we just witnessed, the New Waldensia women's artistic gymnastics team just came away with the bronze medal in the all-around team event! Let's go to my colleague, Samantha Lindl, as she speaks to coach Michaela Gregory and some of the gymnastics team. Samantha?"

"Thanks, Philip. Coach Gregory, congratulations on bronze! Tell us how things went."

"This was a really good competition today. Our girls really stepped up and left it all out on the floor. Kudos to the Furbish and San Carlos teams for some great performance. We had s shot there for a moment at silver, but it feels really good to have brought in another medal today him so happy for our girls."

"Hazel Warner, as captain of the team, what did you do to motivate your team on to bronze?"

"Yeah, so we didn't have that great of a day earlier in the Games, obviously missing out on several of the events, so I just made sure that we left that behind us and focused on the team event. We were sake to clean up some of the mistakes that we had made, and it really turned out a lot better today."

"Lela Perez, your first international competition, and you've got a bronze medal. How's that feel?"

"I'm so excited, it's hard to put into words. Being able to stand on that podium with these girls and share in that moment, it's just amazing."

Lindl: "Back to you, Philip."

Morrison: "Three medals for New Waldensia, all bronze so far. Tune in tomorrow for more from the Noorderstein Olympics. Thanks for watching, and goodnight!"
[Broadcast fades off to New Waldensia highlights from the games so far]
Last edited by New Waldensia on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
IC WA Diplomat Josiah Garrett
Author of GA #414 (Freedom to Seek Medical Care) and GA #456 (Freedom to Seek Medical Care II)

Army of Freedom medals received:
N-Day² Medals -- N-Day³ Medals -- N-Day⁴ Medals
Z-Day6 Medals

Furbish Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Furbish Islands » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:47 am

This is the cutoff for day 4 RPs. RPs past this point will not count towards the day 5 RP bonus.

Gelderman's Wharf

Afternoon

Six boats were lined up next to Gelderman’s Wharf. On the wharf, thousands of spectators from at least six different nations gathered to cheer for the athletes representing their home country. The temporary seats were able to hold five thousand, but there seemed to be many more standing beside trying to catch a glimpse of the event. Several cameras, and even some drones were at the end, streaming the event to millions more around the world. The spectators at the wharf wore national colors, and carried flags and the names of the athletes below. Beside them is a statue of Gelderman, overlooking the six rowers below. Over two hundred years earlier, a pirate, Admiral Vincent Gelderman, took over the city of Noorderstein after a several hour long siege. The wharf, named after him, became famous after he used this as his base for future piracy operations, and christened every one of his future ships while standing in the area near where the statue now stands, and, where the six boats are now lined up.

Six lanes were all marked out, to an area in the ocean that is two kilometers ahead. The calm seas in the area, as well as its historical significance, is why it was chosen as the starting line for all the rowing events, and later in the Games, for marathon swimming, the marathon, and triathlon. Today is the second day for single sculls events, where some of the athletes will be competing in the repechage. Meaning “rescuing”, the repechage is a second chance for the rowers to make it to the A/B semifinals and potentially to the finals A, where they have a chance of winning medals. The single sculls is by far the slowest event, because only a single rower is there to propel the boat. The boats are extremely small, with just enough room for the rower and the oars. The boat is meant to be lightweight, and would probably not survive contact with rough seas or any object, which fortunately for the rowers, is not what the race is about. It was about rowing two kilometers as fast as possible, and reaching the finish line before anyone else could.

Heriberto Carezo is the best Furbish rowers in the Games, and is expected to come home with a medal in the men’s single sculls. However, he got in fourth place in the first heat three days earlier. The repechange round would be his second and final chance get into the A/B semifinals. He sat in his boat, facing opposite to the direction he will travel. In the whole race, he would see Furbish fans standing on the wharf, some who live in Noorderstein and took a walk to visit, and some who flew from all corners of the country for a chance to see the event, including his own friends and family. He spotted them in the seating, holding signs that spelled his name, flanked by fans waving Furbish flags. Soon, the referee called that the game will begin, then fired the starting pistol. Carezo had no choice but to begin rowing. He dipped his oars into the water, pushed, then lifted them and pushed the handles back in front of him and dipped them into the water again. He was going strong at the beginning, and watched as the statue of Gelderman was slowly shrinking in the distance.

The rowing began to become exhausting to Carezo as he pushed his boat for a few hundred meters. He did not bother looking to see where his competitors were, it would waste his attention and valuable time, in a race that could end up being close. Halfway through the race, Carezo was in the lead, but the next best rower was not far behind. The splashing of the oars and the propellers of the drones by now was overpowering the cheers from the spectators. A couple hundred meters away from the finish line, exhaustion began to set in. Carezo knew this was the most important time to try harder, so no other rower would pass him. Using every last piece of strength he had, he moved fast, and soon, saw the finish line overhead. Carezo let the boat decelerate slowly and looked ahead. The rest of the rowers were not even close to him. It took nearly twenty seconds for the second place to come in, then the next three rowers, while the last place was still a minute and a half away. Carezo won the repechage, and would advance to the A/B semifinals in three days.

On the other side of the track, the next set of rowers were preparing to start. Jonah Eckart placed fifth in his heat three days ago, and he too is hoping to get into the A/B semifinals in the repechage. The six boats were lined against the wharf, in the same place as the previous three. In a few minutes the lanes were completely cleared, and once again the starting pistol was fired. Eckart knew it was his turn to get into the top two of this race, and get another chance to go to the A/B semifinals. He, just as Carezo, began lifting the oar handles to push the oars underwater, then pulled them forward to propel himself. He did not look up at the wharf to see the cheering fans, instead focusing just on reaching the finish line. Near the end of the race, Eckart saw that he was far ahead. He estimated only a few hundred meters to go, but he was starting to get exhausted. Just as he could not take it, he passed the shadow of the finish line flags. He won first place, just over thirteen and a half seconds after the second place rower.

With the two men’s single sculls repechages now complete, it was time for the women’s competition. The times were shown on a temporary board, and the spectators could see which rowers qualified for the A/B semifinals, and which ones will go to the C/D semifinals. Four more boats began to be lined up at the wharf. One of them is Furbish rower Voncile Karl. She was ranked the best female Furbish rower for the single sculls, but she failed to qualify in the heats three days earlier, only losing to another Furbish rower by three one hundredths of a second. She knew that every little movement mattered, and slightly better timing in only one place three days ago could have meant she would not be here. Two kilometers away, the area was cleared, and the pistol fired again. Karl pulling the oars towards her, and repeating the same process done by everyone in the competition. A few hundred meters in, she was already pulling up ahead. A kilometer in, and the closest rower was about five seconds behind her. Near the end, Karl was well ahead of the rest, but continued rowing as fast as she could. Anything could happen in the last few hundred meters. Soon, she saw the shadows of the finish line flags, and knew she finished in first place, and qualified for the A/B semifinals.

FBC Sports Broadcast
Night, day 4

Martijn Luiken and Petra Lansink appeared on screen after the FBC Sports logo played on screen. The reporters introduced themselves, then began a recap of the events.

“Starting off with the one hundred meter freestyle finals.” Said Luiken.

“Furby Island did not do as well in both finals, unfortunately.” Said Lansink, “For the men’s event, it was an extremely close race, but the single Furbish swimmer ended up in fifth, only 0.17 seconds away from the third place swimmer.” The very end of the race was then shown. The eight swimmers were all close to each other, at times unclear who came before whom. A slow motion reply of the end was played, with a timer starting with the first finishing swimmer and ending with the last. They finished in the span of three fifths of a second. A table was shown of who finished when. The times, as Lansink said, were all close.

“The race was not as close for the women’s final. Homan ended up getting in sixth, and Mortimore in ninth.” The last few seconds of that race was shown. They all finished in the spam of one second, and just as in the men’s race, it was sometimes unclear who got in what place. Just as with the previous replay, a timer was shown, and then the table.

“The women’s water polo team won their second match today, defeating the Aeternitatian team 9-7. The team is in first place on group A, but it should be noted the second place team only played one game two days ago and is on a bye today.” Some highlights of the game were shown, including a few Furbish goals and blocks. Then the table of group A.

“Men’s and women’s individual archery competitions started again today with the elimination rounds. Fourteen male and six female archers competed for spots on their respective rounds of sixteen. One Furbish archer competed in each one.”

“Pesina tied against another archer in the competition. After a tiebreaker round, he got a bullseye, winning by a single point.” Both shots were shown, then the target, and where the arrows hit. There were close, but Pesina's arrow was closer to the center.

“For the women’s round, we were not as lucky. Lawhon ended up losing by only four points.”

“The Furbish team played well in women’s basketball today, defeating the other team 98-65.” Highlights were shown, including a few three point shots, then the group B table.

“It does not matter how the match in two days against San Carlos Islands goes, our spot in the knockout is guaranteed now.”

“Speaking of matches against San Carlos Islands, the men’s football game. We ended up tying, with both teams scoring two points.” All four goals were shown, then repeated in slow motion, followed by more highlights from the game.

“Both Furbish football teams do not seem to be doing well during these Games.”

“However, not all hope is lost. The women’s team has two more matches to play. As for the men’s team, they must win the match in two days against Ferlik, and San Carlos Islands must win against New Waldensia. That will bring Furby Island from fourth to second, and give us a spot in the semifinals”

“Seems like the Games rely a lot on luck as well as skill.”

“Luck is a big factor here. There have already been so many unexpected results and this is only the fourth day.”

“Team Furby Island did win a medal today, silver in the women’s artistic gymnasts all round team competition.”

“Once again, another close match. The team was less than a full point away from San Carlos Islands, the first place team, and less than a quarter from New Waldensia, the third place team.”

“In three out of the four apparatuses, the Furbish team outperformed the other two. Unfortunately for the team, a worse performance in the uneven bars is what let San Carlos Islands get in first place.”

“The Furbish team got extremely lucky in the next event, rowing. The repechage round for men’s and women’s single sculls was today. Three Furbish rowers, two men and one woman, competed today.”

“Carezo got in first place in the first race, then Eckart got first in the second. In the women’s race, Karl got in first place in the first repechage. All three of them were first by a large margin.” Footage from the end of the races was shown. For each race, the rower was shown crossing the finish line, then the camera turned to the rest of the towers, showing how far away they are.

“The second to last shooting competition, the men’s rifle prone, happened today. Two Furbish shooters qualified for the finals. One of them, Klink, won gold.”

“Zygmont got in a three way tie between two other shooters. One was eliminated after the first shoot-off, then after two more, Zygmont got eliminated.”

“The game was close, especially if three shoot-offs were required.” All three were shown, followed by the medal ceremony, where the Furbish national anthem played.

“The final medal event is women’s beach volleyball.”

“Sonnenberg and Carnahan won their second game today, and are currently in first place in group A. So did Sweetman and Barnhardt, who are in first place in group C. Both of them won after two sets.” Highlights of both games were shown, then standings in both of their groups.

“Finally, there has been some big news about the demonstration events. Specifically, the first person shooter, which took place today.”

“This morning, there was an interview with the captain of the Gagiumish first person shooter team.” A clip of the interview was played, where the captain said “Prepare to have your *BLEEP* kicked though, you cucks. Especially you, Furby. *BLEEP* you.”

“This interview went viral in Furby Island, just after the Furbish team defeated the Gagium team today in the first person shooter finals.”

“The audio of the chat during the game also viral. It contains a large amount of expletives directed at the Furbish team. Many people, including members of the Furbish Olympic Committee, have condemned the team for their bad sportsmanship before and after the game. Though sources have revealed that the Furbish team chat has not been any better.”

“With that, we close off the program. We thank you all for tuning in. This has been Martijn Luiken.”

“And Petra Lansink. Have a good evening.”
Ðe United Provinces and Territories of Ðe Furbiſh Iſlands
Sic semper tyrannis!
Population: 283.503.325
GDP: $10,095 trillion
Currency: Furbish Guilder, ƒ1 = $1,9655
Monarch: Willem van Orange-Nassau
Stadtholder: Adjoa Iſamaan
Prime Minister: Arthur Trudeau

A social liberal Pacific island paradise, formerly a
Dutch, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish colony.
Computer science major and stereotypical nerd.
Russian, born in Israel, currently in
Massachusetts, the best state in the US.

This country is mostly based on my RL beliefs.
FBC News: Dover Man Charged With Assault With Deadly Weapon After Throwing Alligator Through Denny's Drive-Thru Window | Three New High Speed Rail Corridors Clear Environmental Review

San Carlos Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby San Carlos Islands » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:39 pm

Night; Day 5

"Greetings to everyone back in the San Carlos Islands watching this special Summer Olympics broadcast of SCTV Sports in English. coverage in Russian can be found on CKT. I'm Kennedy Hayward."

"And I'm Foster Foster Hayley. Today was another great day for the San Carlos Islands National Olympic Team here in Noorderstein, Furby Island; more on that coming up. But first, here in the studio we are joined by a panel of Olympians from the Commonwealth to discuss the events of the past few days and what to expect in the coming week from this stellar team!"

"Indeed Foster. Welcome; Gold medal recipient in Women's team Archery and today Bronze medal recipient in Women's 50m Rife Prone, Elena Deligioz-

"Thank's for having me Kennedy."

"Gold medal in , Women's Artistic All-Round Team, and qualifier for tomorrow's All-Round Individual final, Viktoriya Atanasova-

"Hi everyone!"

"And, Women's Basketball star Emily Van Hoek."

"Good to be here."

Kennedy smiled after introducing the athletes. "Let me be the first to welcome all of you here to the SCTV Sports studio. May I first ask, what have your impressions been of this Olympiad?"

Elena coughed. "Well, I can speak for all three of us when I say this. Since the second we stepped off the plane everyone in this country has been very pleasant, welcoming, and hospitable and I'd like to thank the people of the Furbish Islands for running this event so smoothly. As for the other athletes from all these countries across the world, they have been tough competition, but nevertheless very sportsman like. This event couldn't be better!"

After a brief pause Kennedy asked the next question. "Viktoriya, we we're all sitting on the edges of our seats during your final floor performance of the team final, do you think you can put on such a show tomorrow during the All-Round Individuals and take home another medal."

She responded, revealing a a hint of a Russian accent. "Kennedy, first off that gold metal showing in the Team event was not all on me, Yulia, Vasilisa, Nevena, and Katie all had a lot more to do with that victory than I did, trust me. We're a tight knight group of athletes and it's important to recognize that we win as a team and we loose as a team, yesterday we experienced the better of the two." She smiled. "Well, as for tomorrow, I really hope for the best and I pray to God that I can preform the best that I can and hopefully I don't disappoint my fellow countrymen."

Kennedy nodded. "Yes, I and millions of people back at home are pulling for you. We're also going to watching Yulia and Vasilisa and Nevena who also advanced in the event. In fact, you guys consist of half of the field, we really believe you can win the gold, and the silver, in the bronze! That would be a jolly, show."

"Indeed." Foster interjected. "Emily. The Commonwealth's Women's basketball team has now seen TWO blowout wins, 102 to 52 against Rhinelans Seud, 58 to 115 against Aeternitatia. Are you going to be able to carry this momentum all the way to the finals?"

Emily smiled. "I think we can Foster! This is a great group of women reigning from across the San Carlos Women's Basketball League, in fact, we're the best of the League We have one superstar team here. I think we're actually locked in to advance to the elimination rounds, but this last match against Furby Island, the home team I guess. Is going to be interesting, they have the same record as us, they're playing well, but we have to beat them for that little morale boost that drives a team like this to the finals.

"Thank you Emily!" Foster said with a smile. "My next question is for Ms. Deligoiz. You of course won another medal today, the bronze in the 50m Rifle prone event, do you think you'll be able to preform tomorrow in the Women's Individual Archery final with the same passion, the same vigor, as you have in the past and take home another medal for the Commonwealth of the San Carlos Islands?"

Elena Deligoiz, another Russian-San Carlos Islander spoke with a heavier sounding accent. "Well Foster, I would like to first congratulate my Fried Alex for actually doing much better than me and taking home the Gold in the 50m Rifle Prone. Also, for tomorrow I'd like to wish my fellow countrymen, including Alex, but also Phoebe Kosarin for qualifying for the Archery individuals, luck. I think I can do very well and maybe get a win. Hey, we're here to beat the other countries, I pray to God that I can do that tomorrow. Go Team SCI!"

"Thank you Elena!"

Kennedy asked the last question. "Well girls, it's no doubt the the Women's team has been dominating these past few days, showing the young female athletes back home that they can be just as good, if not better than the boys. How does it fell to be an inspiration to thousands, maybe millions of girls back home who are aspiring to be bigger than themselves."

Viktoriya answered. "Well I'd just like to tell them all that if that with enough practice, grit, and determination, they can be champions! We love you, and we hope to see you guys get as far as we have!"

Foster coughed. "Thank's girls, good luck tomorrow we're really hoping you can bring home some medal! We'd love to see you back here soon!"

After they all thanked Foster and Kennedy and all slowly shuffled off the filming pavilion before the show moved onto it's normal segment.

*Graphic of the medal count*

Foster coughed. "Well it's been another good day for the Commonwealth. With another gold and another bronze medal, we have again moved up in the medal count to second place. Lads, we are so close taking first, we just need more good showings in events across the board. Here's where we can get them."

*Footage of Men's 100m Backstroke*

Foster continued. "San Carlos Islands swimmer Elliott Blakeslee just barley advanced to the Men's 100m Backstroke finals today. If Mr. Blakeslee can improve his backstroke by a fraction of a second, this athlete can be a winner. We hope he can do it!"

*Footage of Women's 100m Backstroke*

"Indeed Foster. Turing two the Women's 100m Backstroke, underdog Olympian Virginia Woodward came in 2nd place overall in semifinals. This comes after outperforming Commonwealth powerhouse swimmer Anastazija Kuznetsova who congratulated her this afternoon on the inspiring feat. If Ms. Woodward can keep her momentum and achieve a similar time to what she did this morning, she's well on her way to a medal . We wish Virginia all the luck."

*Footage of Women's 50m Rifle Prone*

Foster nodded. "As you may know by know after our interview with female San Carlos Shooting and Archery Olympian, Elena Deligoiz, the Commonwealth not only took home one, but two medals from the women's 50m Rifle Prone, Alex Morgan getting the gold and Deligoiz winning the bronze. This was a fantastic final, that had a lot of folks back home watching with their breaths held. This event was a perfect showing that the San Carlos Islands has shown up here in Nooderstein to WIN. It's a warning to the other athletic powerhouses across the globe that we mean business!"

"Indeed Foster. These girls as well as Phoebe Kosarin will be competing tomorrow in the Women's Archery Individuals, hopefully with this major win behind them they fell good enough and have morale high enough to take home some more medals!"

*Footage of Men's Beach Volleyball*

"And finally Kennedy, on to Men's Beach Volleyball. This continues to be an event that both are Men and Women are dominating in. Today there were only Men's matches, but in them we saw a 100% green, white, and blue round between the Commonwealth's own Jeffry Colton and Osip Markovic vs. Lourens Werner and Srecko Brankovich who got the win."

"Yes Foster. The San Carlos Men's Beach Volleyball administration is rather displeased that two teams from the Islands had to match each other today, citing that it's bad for morale and chances to advance, but they're happy both teams are still in position to advance in the division."

"Hopefully, we don't have to see that again. Gerard Peel and Micheal Odell, another beach volleyball team beat then Division leaders Dale Hutchison and Abraham Philbeck from the Furbish Islands, taking their spot at the top. Another show of their athletic ability and their Iron Will. We wish them luck, and hope they advance to the next round."

"Well, that wraps up our coverage of day 5 of the Summer Olympics. I'm Kennedy Hayward. Tune in tomorrow morning to see if Elliott Blakeslee for the men or Anastazija Kuznetsova for the women can take home the gold in the 100m backstroke finals. If Elena Deligoiz, Alex Morgan, or Phoebe Kosarin can come out on top after the Women's individual archery event concludes, that will be in the early afternoon. If in the late afternoon, one of the Commonwelath's talented female gymnasts can achieve fame and glory after Women's artistic individual finals. Or if the San Carlos Beach Women's Volleyball teams can keep their momentum in matchday 3, that will be right before you see me and Foster again. See it all on SCTV Sports or SCTV Sports 2."

"I'm of course Foster Hayley, thanks for tuning into this special broadcast of SCYV Sports. Good night and godspeed to the San Carlos Olympic Team from SCTV, providing English broadcasting to the Commonwealth for nearly 40 years."

*Fades off to slideshow of today's events*

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:57 pm

The West Phoenician Baseball team The Confederates are back and playing in Noordestein; Furby Islands at the First Federation of Conservative Nations Olympiad.

The current line up consists of;

Starters
* C Ryan Lunger
* 1B Glen Melbourne
* 2B Emanuel Army
* 3B Jack Navy
* SS Kevin Dances
* LF Lukas Towers
* CF Heniel Hewett
* RF Wayne Sorbent
* DH Carson Van Buren

Bench

* C Abigail Wittman
* IF Scottie Blues
* IF Anton Narre
* IF Marcus Wu
* IF Calvin Dragg
* IF Thomas Zeal
* OF Ricky Sharma
* OF Gavin Tong
* OF Matt Dukes

Pitching:

* RRHP Mateo Vergas
* LHP Cliff Samuels
* RHP Hieu Phan
* RHP Ashwyn Sid
* LHP Mandeep Singh
* RP David Zealish
* RP Ross Mendez
* RP Barry Parry
* CP Tiger Singh
* CP Pedro Timms

Catchers:

* Ryan Lunger
* Stephen Portland
* Abigail Wittman

The Confederates are a well known baseball team whose two biggest titles. First Place at XI Aeropag, Paripana Summer Olympics in baseball. While it was a Demonstration event so while it didn't count towards their medal tally they were all awarded Demonstration medals.
The teams next big win was the World Baseball Classic #44 where they took out first place 4 games to 1 against Nova Anglicana. While they did not win a back to back final, coming third in the World Baseball Classic #45 and the World Baseball Classic #46 where they ended their run during the Quarter-finals.
The Confederates are hoping for a better results at the First Federation of Conservative Nations Olympiad, where their goal is to finish in first place.

In their first match against Gagium, West Phoenicia defeated them 3–0. The pitchers led by Cliff Samuels starved off any attempt by the Gagium batters. And those that were able to make a hit were quickly dispatched by the fielders who had decided on a more infield approach for this game.
1st baseman Glen Melbourne was able to score two runs, a home run at the top of the second and a run at the top of the 6th which was aided by Kevin Dances power hit into the outfield which allowed Kevin Dances to reach home also.

Furby Islands proved to be a bigger challenge for the West Phoenician team. They also had the home team advantage by having more fans come out and support them. But larger fans have never intimidated The Confederates. Furby Islands made the First runs of the day scoring 1 run at the top of the first and 2 runs at the top of the 9th.

West Phoenicia made their first two runs at the bottom of the fourth and made a further two runs at the bottom of the fifth. Wayne Sorbet managed a brilliant run at the bottom of the eighth when he slid home, moments before the ball reached home.
The play of the day came from Jack Navy, who on his second strike with all bases loaded,but the ball that fans said it sounded like thunder, the ball sailed into the air as fans began to scream out grand slam, as Jack Navy not only got himself home but also Carson Van Burden, Glen Melbourne and Ryan Lunger.

West Phoenicia forgoed the last innings when Furby Islands failed to get more than 2 runs at the top of the ninth. The game ended with Furby Island 3–9 West Phoenicia.

There next match will be against Aeternitatia where the Confederates are in a comfortable where they will progress to the Semi-Finals.

A very emotional Melissa Thomasi has broken down in the pool after the 100m Backstroke semi-finals where she missed out on progression to the finals by a mere .14 with the last slot being filled by team mate Lydia Nguyen.

Melissa rose to take in West Phoenicia when she pulled in a silver medal win in the 200m backstroke at the Summer Olympic Games in The Free Republics. She was hailed a hero being the first West Phoenician woman to bring home a medal in that event.

Melissa who excels in the more long distant event as opposed to the quick pace of the 50m and 100m backstroke. However she pulled an impressive time in the 100m coming in 10th overall out of 36 women.

The semi-finals made her stomach turn, so many fans had come out to see her swim, unfortunately for the heat 2, she was pipped at the post by three swimmers from Aeternitatia. The fourth place in heat 2 is what damaged Miss Thomasi placing overall, However at that moment she failed to realise it was her team mate and not her that had finished 8th overall and would move on. The mistake quickly came to light and she found herself crying and shaking in the pool over the loss.

" Its just so hard, we are all such talented swimmers and to go out in 9th place and fail to progress to the finals is shattering. I was the best backstroke swimmer on the team, so it's quite a shock that I am not the West Phoenician moving forward, no disrespect to my team mates.
Fans dont realise how under pressure we are to perform and win. The West Phoenician Olympic Committee and our sponsors dish out alot of money for winners, it's made the game more competitive for West Phoenicians, when everyone is fighting hard for the rewards and glory. I swam my hardest today and im disappointed in myself for losing when so many fans came out to see me. I wish Ms Nguyen the nest of Luck in the finals. However I do encourage my fans to come out and support me at the World Aquatics Championships where hopefully I will do alot better and bring home a medal for West Phoenicia."
Last edited by West Phoenicia on Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gagium
Ambassador

Postby Gagium » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:38 pm

Gagium Free Radio
Libra XM Channel 40

"Good afternoon, Gagium! This is Adeline Alford bringing you the latest coverage of the Olympiad from Gagium Free Radio, Channel 40. It is day 5 into the Olympics, and while the nation has only won a bronze medal to date, several dozen more medals have yet to be awarded. As you remember, on Day 3, Alexandra Bocuse won the nation's only medal in the 25m Rapid Fire Pistol event, though the nation has fell short of medal-rankings in all other events. "

"In the Women's 100 meter backstroke event today, swimmer Clémence Chauve ranked first initially before Semifinals, with a time of 59.33 seconds. This had Gagiumish audience in the stands and her family excited, and it was the hope of many that she would be able to score the nation's first gold medal of the games. However, she gained nearly a second in time during semifinals, causing her to drop out of any chance to move on to finals."

"Next, Gagium currently leads in the United Commonwealth's Men's Water Polo group, with the team winning 7-6 against the nation of Eldrado earlier in the day. Eddie Delgado, an athlete on the team, was praised for scoring 3 shots out of the nation's 7 during the game, while Edgar Mignard was also praised for his 2."

"Moving on, Gagium is also ahead and first in the Women's Football Group A, having won 1-0 in a game against the San Carlos Islands today. Juliette Lajoie scored the team's only goal in the game. In Men's Football, only a demo event at the moment, the nation advanced to semifinals despite having lost a game against Paleoconservative Citizens today. The Men's Football team is composed of star athletes from across the nation, including Quarterback Patrick Boutet from the Seattle Firecharges."

"Tomorrow, five gold medals will be awarded, including in Men's and Women's 100 meter backstroke, men's and women's individual archery, as well as in women's artistic individual all round gymnastics. In Men's Individual Archery, athletes Luciano Nores and Adam Porter will be participating in quarterfinals tomorrow and will have a shot at getting gold, while in Women's Individual Archery, Annie Montgomery will be testing her luck. In Women's all-around individual gymnastics, star athlete Sofía Mina will be trying to get gold, with Dominique Breguet, Clara Couturier, Solène Bossuet, and Victoria Cote also participating."

"Finally, in other Olympiad-related news, several Furbish organizations have condemned the Gagiumish First-Person-Shooter team after their interview with myself was held yesterday, as well as the chat of the match was released by themselves. We will now play a clip of the chat, this from proclaimed team leader David Baudet, who goes by his gaming tag Furbydestroyer69."

"GOD [BLEEP] DAMMIT WE WILL KILL YOU, YOU [BLEEP]ING MOTHER[BLEEP]. GOD [BLEEP]ING DAMMIT THEY'RE SUCH IDIOTS I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THEM RUNNING AROUND LIKE THAT. "

"Gagiumish Olympiad Committee spokesperson Lisette Laffitte condemned this today, stating, 'We are disappointed in the team's sportsmanship during and before the First Person Shooter finals took place, and condemn their actions. We hope that this behavior is not exhibited again during the course of the games.' However, sources present at the match indicate that the Furbish gamers' sportsmanship was just as bad."
Last edited by Gagium on Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E

New Waldensia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Waldensia » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:11 pm

Waldensian Radio News (RWRN)
Day 5

[breaking news sound effects play on air as information froth Noorderstein Olympics rolls in om the wires]
"I'm Douglas Machen, and this is Waldensian Radio News. We have an update from Noorderstein at the Olympic Games, let's go right into it."

"The men's 100m backstroke semifinals just concluded, and Waldensian swimmers Ian Griffith and Pedro Lewis have come out in the top two qualifying slots for tomorrow's medal race. Griffith led the field with a time of 53.04. Lewis tried by 12/100ths of a second, while the third place finisher was another 5/100ths back. This represents New Waldensia's best shot at gold thus far in the Games. For more on this developing story, we go to Cindy Traynor. Cindy?"

"Thanks, Douglas. I'm here with chief men's swimming coach: Chad Williamson. Coach, let's talk about what this potentially means for the team tomorrow. The swimming events have come up pretty short for New Waldensia so far. Can this be the breakthrough event?"

"We certainly hope so. Ian really tore up the pool in those last two heats, and Pedro did extremely well, too. They both put in some blazing times."

"Ginny Beale made the finals in the women's 100m backstroke as well. Perhaps we will see multiple medals from this event tomorrow. Reporting from the Aquatic Center in Noorderstein, this is Cindy Traynor with RWRN. Back to you, Douglas."

"In addition to the three backstroke swimmers, the Waldensian Olympic team also has one finalist in both the men's and women's archery competing for medals tomorrow. You can hear it all live, right here on RWRN. That's all for the Olympic update let's go to the traffic center for an update on the Valdenton rush hour."
Last edited by New Waldensia on Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Author of GA #414 (Freedom to Seek Medical Care) and GA #456 (Freedom to Seek Medical Care II)

Z-Day6 Medals

Furbish Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Furbish Islands » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:19 pm

This is the cutoff for day 5 RPs. RPs past this point will not count towards the day 6 RP bonus.

FBC Sports Broadcast
Night, day 5

The beginning of the program was the same every night, The FBC sports logo was shown, followed by the familiar aerial view of the Olympic village. Once again, the Noorderstein Olympic Arena was shown towering over the rest of the smaller stadiums in the area. In front of the stadiums was the village itself, which mainly is composed of several towers and smaller buildings surrounding them. After the view, the screen went to the FBC Sports reporters, Martijn Luiken and Petra Lansink.

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen,” said Luiken, “and welcome to the recap of today’s events in the Olympics, on FBC Sports. I am Martijn Luiken.”

“And I am Petra Lansink.” said Lansink, “Once again, today has been another eventful day.”

“To say the least, Furby Island did not do well in the men’s hundred meter backstroke. In the heats, no Furbish swimmers qualified.”

“Terry and Redfern did the best, getting within a tenth of a second of the sixteenth place swimmer. Terry ended up tying in nineteenth place, and Redfern got in twenty-first.”

“In heat one, Redfern placed in fourth. Two more Furbish swimmers placed in seventh and eighth.” The last ten meters of the heat were shown. Two swimmers finished close to each other, followed by three more a second later, including Redfern It was unclear whether he finished before another swimmer, but it showed that he was first, by a hundredth of a second. Two more finished, before that Furbishman finished, a full second after the seventh place. The camera switched to the Furbish swimming coach sitting in the stands. He looked frustrated with the performance by the Furbish swimmers. A table was then shown of the eight swimmers and their results, with ones in the top sixteen highlighted.

“Terry got fourth place as well, but in the second heat.” The end of the second heat was shown. A little over half a second after the first place swimmer finished, three more, including Terry, reached the finish line in short succession. Some more finished up to nearly two seconds later. A table was shown of the second heat, then of all five heats.

“We had slightly better luck in the women’s backstroke. In heat three, Simek got in second place, giving her a spot in the semifinals.” The end was shown, just like with all other races. Of all heats, this was the most spread out, beginning with one swimmer who finished in exactly a minute, followed by Simek in a little over a tenth of a second. The last one, another Furbish swimmer, finished in a little over four seconds after the first place. The Furbish swimming coach looked less frustrated, happy that at least one of the swimmers may have a chance of qualifying in backstroke.

“In the fourth heat, Dearing got in first, and Ferrara also qualified.” The last ten meters were shown. Dearing got just under a minute, quickly followed by four other swimmers. About a second later, two more swimmers, including Ferrara, made it to the finish line. It took another second for the last two to make it. The table was shown afterwards, with the three qualifying Furbish swimmers highlighted.

“Simek swam well in the semifinals, getting in second place in the first semifinal, and fourth place overall. She was the only Furbish swimmer to qualify to the finals.”

“Dearing and Ferrara gave slightly worse performances during this race.” The end of the first semifinal was shown. Simek got in second, nearly half a second behind the first place. Dearing made it in a little over half a second after her, although four swimmers finished between them. In the second semifinal, Ferrara finished in sixth, almost a minute after the first place finisher. The tables with results of both semifinals were shown, one by one, then the overall results shown.

“The men’s water polo team does not seem to be doing well, losing its second game 9-10. The match was extremely close.” Several highlights of the game were played. In the end, the Furbish team lost by a single goal scored by West Phoenicia near the end of the game, which was shown. Several Furbish scoring attempts were blocked.

“The team is now in last place in the group, with zero points.” The group statistics were shown.

“In the men’s individual archery round of 16, Capito won a game and is moving on to the quarterfinals. He is the only men’s archer to make it. The women’s archers did slightly better. Both of the standing archers are moving on to the quarterfinals.”

“The men’s basketball team won a game against Novo Abrahamia today by six points.” The highlights were shown. Throughout the game, the lead went back and forth, both teams being ahead by only a few points for only minutes or seconds at a time. In the end, the Furbish team pulled out ahead after scoring two successful three point shots, then scored a few more to secure the lead by six points. The table was show.

“Furby Island is third in group A, though three teams, including them, have a single win and loss, and they all played two games each. Furby Island has a good chance to pull ahead, but so do Gagium and Ferlik. San Carlos Islands will almost surely keep their lead in first place, especially with a thirty-six point difference.”

“The women’s football team had their bye today, and now sit at the bottom of group A. It should be noted, however, that a single win could propel the team to second place, and there are two games the team has left to play.”

“Today, Haner won in the men’s artistic gymnastics all round individual competition. This was extremely close, though. It should be noted that he only scored the highest in one apparatus, the pommel horse. In others, the second, third, and in one even the eighth place gymnast outperformed him. Haner ended up winning by a twentieth of a point.”

“That is extremely close, though not uncommon among gymnasts. There have been plenty of close matches previously.” Clips of Haner’s performances were shown. Finally, the medal ceremony was shown, with Haner flanked by two West Poenicians in the podium, as three flags were raised, and the Furbish national anthem played.

“The coxless pair repechage was today. In the men’s competition, Mardis and Mosley got in first place, and now have a spot in the A finals. They won by less than a second.” Footage from above the finish line was shown. Two boats were extremely close, fighting to get to the finish line. It was unclear of who made it first. It was replayed and slowed down, making it clear the Furbish rowers won the race.

“Crandell and Moultry had worse luck in the women’s repechage. They got second place, losing by almost exactly six seconds.” The end of that race was shown. It was undisputed that they did not win it this time, and slowed down footage was not needed to prove that.

“The last shooting competition, the women’s fifty meter rifle prone, was today.”

“Two Furbish shooters qualified for the finals. The shooters got within five points of each other, so all the shooters have a good chance of winning and losing.”

“The two Furbish shooters ended up losing in the finals, with Gurly even falling two places, from fourth on preliminaries to sixth in finals.”

“The final event for today is men’s beach volleyball.”

“In Group A, Stgermain and Mohamed won their third game. They are in second place in the group. Willey and Baron, on the other hand, are not doing as well, losing their third game.” Highlights of both games were shown, before showing the group table.

Both reporters then spent time talking about beach volleyball, then the demonstration events, and about events the next day, before wishing the viewers a good night and ending the broadcast.
Sic semper tyrannis!

FBC News: Dover Man Charged With Assault With Deadly Weapon After Throwing Alligator Through Denny's Drive-Thru Window | Three New High Speed Rail Corridors Clear Environmental Review

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:07 pm

West Phoenicia's Golden Girl

Trey Devlin, a West Phoenicia Sports 1 Interviewer is among many West Phoenician reporters located in Noordestein, The Furbish Islands during the duration of the First Federation of Conservative Nations Olympiad at the West Phoenician Olympic Committee Media Centre.

Trey Devlin has been connected to the West Phoenicia Sports 1 ever since the Summer Olympics in Aeropag, where he has been hailed a reliable source of information for interviews.

Mr Devlin was on hand with Lady Ptolemais Dundas after her gold medal win in the Shooting Women's 25m Rapid Fire Pistol.
Where she sat down in one of the West Phoenician Olympic Committee Media Centre rooms that had been set up with an interview chair and large cozy couch, with light refreshments for the athletes being interviewed.

First off I want to compliment you on your fabulous gown

Thank you Trey, as we all know West Phoenicia is an amazing nation. Each of our city-states has a unique identity and culture. This is all the rage in the West Phoenician city-state of Bourbon-Versailles as we as having the best chocolates in the whole empire.

What was going through your mind the moment you realised you had won gold for West Phoenicia?

I was a bundle of nerves for the whole event.
I was neck and neck with one of my teammates Amber Dances; she is quite competitive and has won medals at other games, I knew she would be dangerous, little slip and she would jump ahead. Alexandra Bocuse of Gagium and Alex Morgan from the San Carlos Islands were fierce and relentless in their desire to win. While West Phoenicia had many fans in the audience, it felt that the opposition had more, especially home favourite Tomika Meier. She had
so many fans supporting her, it was quite daunting, especially when you know they all want their home person to win.
We all knew the slightest misjudgment would pull us away from obtaining a medal. It went down to the wire and as you can see from the results, I won by a hare's breath. It was a shame we could not all win gold as we were all that good.

This is not your first gold medal win,

No my first gold medal win in an international level was at the XII Summer Olympics in Kelssek and Vekaiyu. I won in the same event, so it was amazing to come back and win especially especially as I narrowly missed out winning at the Summer Olympic Games in The Free Republics.
If I recall you offered to buy me a brandy, I'm still waiting Trey (small laugh)

What made you get into shooting ?

I was 17. I had just finished school and I choose the army to serve my national service, as a member of the aristocracy i believe we need to give back to such a great country. I didnt wanna be one of those idle rich members of the aristocratic class who sat back to be waited on and pampered. I wanted to make a difference.
While there, my superiors said I was a really good markswoman. I was asked to join the Shooting team and eventually went on to represent the army in the West Phoenician Military Games.

How did you go?

Came third, so it was a great result for a Private First Class.

Tell us about yourself?

I came from a very old, religious and noble aristocratic line. Before we separated from Greater Phoenicia my family was the reigning royal family. We ended up emigrating here once we saw how corrupt and deplorable Greater Phoenicia had become. The Bush Royal Family were kind to bestow titles of nobility on my great great grandparents. My ancestors purchased a number of copper and silver mines and we were able to become financially secure.
In regards to religion, We were not pagans but we didn't belong to the True Path Faith either which is a blend of Catholicism, Protestantism, Mormonism and Eastern Orthodox for those watching this program who are not from West Phoenicia. While there churches are mega, I was raised in a small Lutheran church. My parents could afford to send me to any college of my choice, and that is where I went after finishing my time in the military. Overall I have loving parents, I had everything I wanted but they also instilled in me morals and values.

There are some who say the Dundas family should be the true rulers of the Confederate Empire of West Phoenicia. Why do you have to say to those rumours?

I think some people like talk alot of nonsense Trey, my family ruled Greater Phoenicia which was a different country . There will never be unification, and my ancestors never once challenged The Bush and now Gryphon-Bush family for right to rule. We are proud and loyal servants and citizens of West Phoenicia. So to those who may be making some noise, please stop. Plus this is a sporting event and politics should have no place here.

What do you say to all the West Phoenician children back home who may be considering joining this sport?

Follow your dreams. There is so much opportunity. If an obstacle gets in your way find a way around it
Don't let anyone or anything deter you, keep your head in the game. While it's a blessing to win a medal for our Empire. If you don't, there is always a next time.
There is nothing wrong with shooting as a sport, don't let gun control activists get in your way, as long as someone has the proper training.

Where do you go from now in your career?

I have a few years left in me yet. I plan to keep going on in this sport, as long as I keep qualifying.

Will you be celebrating?

No. My family flew over to watch my match. We plan to enjoy a dinner together. And spend some time at the pools cheering on our swim team who is having a real tough time these games.

Thank you Lady Ptolemais Dundas, it is always a pleasure. Any final words?

Fans keeping coming out to support your athletes, the motivation helps. And long live Emperor Glenton Gryphon-Bush II forever may he reign!
Last edited by West Phoenicia on Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Gagium
Ambassador

Postby Gagium » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:12 pm

Crown News
WaveTV Channel 230

*Quick montage of various Olympic sports being played in Noorderstein*

“Hello, I’m Bella Carter and you’re watching Crown News’ special coverage of the FCN Olympic Games! We had the honor of interviewing the gymnast from Toulose Commonwealth, Sofía Mina,who won gold in Women’s All Around Individual Artistic Gymnastics earlier today!”

“First off, let’s recap on news from the Olympics today!”

*Aerial view of the Noorderstein Olympic village*

“Aeternitatian athletes won gold medals in both the Men’s and Women’s 100m backstroke finals today, surprising commentators and observers worldwide. This has reportedly left New Waldensia swim coaches frustrated with their absence of any silver or gold medals six days into the games, as footage from the events shows the coaches looking somewhat distressed or upset.”

“Meanwhile, in Men’s Individual Archery, our nation’s own Adam Porter won a gold medal after tense quarterfinals and finals. Gagiumish in the crowd cheered, with Porter’s family spectating the game in the stands celebrating and Porter reportedly singing along to the national anthem while he stood on the podium. This is Porter’s third medal he’s won in his Olympic athletic career, though it marks his first gold and the nation’s first gold of these games.”

*Clip of Porter and others participating in Men’s Individual Archery, followed by footage of the events medal ceremony and Gagiumish crowd cheering*

“Moving on, the Gagiumish Women’s (demo) Football team won a game against New Waldensia 34 to 10 earlier today, bringing the team to first in the three-nation group. And very importantly, gymnast Sofía Mina won a gold medal today in Women’s All Around Individual Artistic Gymnastics. We have her on the show now. Sofía, how’re you doing?”

“Thanks for having me, Bella. I’m thankful that I can be here today.”

“Did you expect to win gold today?”

“No, no I did not! I was surprised that I was accepted onto the Gagiumish Olympic gymnastics team earlier this year ahead of the games, and when I realized that I’ve won gold today I was nearly in tears. It was a surprise.”

“It wasn’t that much of a surprise. We all knew we’d win. How did you do it?”

“Well, even if I didn’t expect it, I kept my head high and I stayed confident. I kept a strict diet and, probably most importantly of all, I kept faithful to the Lord and prayed. When I won, I knew it was God’s doing.”

“Yes, it definitely was God’s work. What do you plan on doing for the rest of the games?”

“I plan on staying here in Noorderstein to support my fellow athletes and to support our great nation. I hope that we’ll be able to win many more medals come the next few days, and I hope all of our athletes are satisfied by the results of these games.”

“Is there anyone you’d like to thank for your win today?”

“Yes! I’d like to thank my family and husband, first of all, for supporting me all the way through my career. I’d also like to thank my coach, Jordan Barnel, as well as my other athletes and gymnasts on the team for being very supportive, and I’d like to thank the Furbish Olympiad Committee for making these games possible and for building an excellent Olympic Village. Finally and most importantly, I’d like to thank God for answering my prayers and staying with me through this all.”

“Thank you. Thanks for being here tonight, Sofía, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your time here in Noorderstein.”

“Thanks for having me here!”

“Well folks, that’s it for tonight’s Olympic Recap on Crown News. Stay tuned tomorrow for coverage of day 7’s events as they happen, and have a good night everyone.”

*Short clips of all medal events today*
E

San Carlos Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby San Carlos Islands » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:20 pm

The Tale of Two San Carlos Olympians
Afternoon; Day 6

Semifinals for Women's Individual Archery was about to conclude and the world was soon tho know who would be competing against each other for the gold metal. In the first semifinal match, 36 year old, New Columbia native, Alex Morgan defeated Marya Buelow by 5 points, a rather substantial margin for the event, propelling her to the gold metal finals.

Commonwealth media favorite Elena Deligioz; a 20 year old native of rural Admiralia who grew up hunting alongside her father with her bow and arrow in the backwoods of Chichagof Island, one of the last bastions of undeveloped territory in the Islands, home to untouched patches wilderness, rivers, lakes, mountains- It was a marksman's paradise; had also advanced to the semifinals.

After her opponent Lady Amelia Defence-Heywood, a world archery champion from West Phonecia, a perhaps unbeatable force, took her last shot of the match. A nine, pushing her grand total to 114. Lady Amelia smiled as she fistbumped the member of the Kingdom of West Phonecia's Archery support staff and the crowds of West Phonecian sports fans cheered and jumped up and down with their national flag in hand.

Elena, who was sitting at 105 points, picked up her compound bow and studied the target. She thought back her early childhood on Chichagof, the natural beauty, the sound of distant waves crashing on untouched stretches of beach, the taste of the air that was freshly blown off the ocean, and of course- the prey she was searching for.

The crowed from back home in the Commonwealth sat there quit and expressionless. She aimed her bow and inhaled as she pulled back on the bow string thinking to herself, "Please God, guide this arrow to that 10." Elena exhaled and released the string. The image of an arrow striking an Alexander Archipelago Gray Wolf right in the heart flashed before her eyes, but it disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

The crowed went wild. Hundreds of dedicated sports fans wearing green, white, and blue apparel jumped to their feet waving their flags. They started to shout "S.C.I" "S.C.I" "S.C.I".

The arrow hit dead in the middle of the target, the world champion had fallen.

Lady Amelia walked up to Elena and shook her hand and congratulated her. The underdog was going to the finals against her own countryman.

Elena sat tight, as Lady Amelia and the West Phonecian fans shuffled out and Alex and a more and more fans from the Commonwealth shuffled in.

Despite this being a match between two stellar athletes from the same nation competing for the gold and the silver medals nonetheless, the crowed divided itself like any other event between two different countries. The majority of Russian-San Carlos Islanders viewing the finals match made their way behind Elena, and the majority of Anglo-San Carlos Islanders behind Alex. A highly tense situation like that of any match between a Russian and an Anglo team back home was brewing.

By the luck of the the draw Alex would shoot first; 10. The Anglos clapped.

Elena shot second; 8. The Russians remained quiet, with the exception of one or two boos.

This went on and on, back and forth, until the final shots of the match.

Taking her last shot, Alex lined up, aimed, and released the arrow; 10. Putting her grand total at 111.

Elena was sitting at 101. She needed another perfect shot to tie the match. She aimed her bow and inhaled as she pulled back on the bow string. After a short pause she exhaled and released the string. The image of an arrow striking an Alexander Archipelago Gray Wolf right in the upper leg flashed before her eyes, the wolf limped away as quickly as it could as the image disappeared and the target was clear in sight; a 7.

Alex would get gold, Elena- silver.

The Anglo San Carlos Islanders jumped up and cheered but before long, a Russian San Carlos Islander man, obviously disappointed about the loss, threw a water bottle at the celebrating crowd. Everyone went quiet. On the other side of the stadium, on Russian Islander was standing. He shouted in broken English "Go back to Canada you dirty immigrants!"

But before long a large Anglo Islander man stood and rolled up his sleeves as he tumbled across the bleachers towards the Russian, he shouted "I was born here, I live here, and I'll die here you f**ker, can't do nothing about it!"

It wasn't long before the whole crowed broke into a brawl. A mini-Civil war halfway across the world, over an Archery final.

Security soon broke the fiasco up, but not before 3 people had to be hospitalized for broken noses and a concussion.

Furbish Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Furbish Islands » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:00 am

This is the cutoff for day 6 RPs. RPs past this point will not count towards the day 7 RP bonus.

FBC Sports Broadcast
Night, day 6

The FBC created a montage of events in the first few days of the Games. A recording of the Furbish Army Band singing the Olympic anthem began playing. After another aerial view of Noorderstein, the montage began. An archer was shown releasing his bow. A pair of divers where shown jumping off the platform together into the blue pool below. Shooters pulling the trigger of their guns, beach volleyball players hitting the ball to the other side, and rowers and swimmers reaching the finish line. Gymnasts performed routines and judges giving scores. Goals scored and blocked in football, basketball, and water polo. Then came the demonstration events, where American football players scored touchdowns and field goals, baseball and softball players made home runs, and underwater hockey players scored goals. Cheerleaders performed their routines. Chess players moved pieces across the board, while chessboxing players alternated between moving the pieces and throwing punches at each other in a ring adjacent to the board. Esports players sat at computers, controlling people behind the screen and fought there. Finally, the medal ceremonies. Furbish players were awarded gold, silver, and bronze medals, and bit into them while standing on the podium. After the montage, sponsors were mentioned and thanked, then the two reporters, Martijn Luiken and Petra Lansink, appeared on screen and introduced themselves.

“Today was another great day for Team Furby Island.” said Lansink.

“It was indeed.” replied Luiken, “In gold medals, Furby Island is still in the lead, though some nations are beginning to catch up. In overall medals, Furby Island has thirteen, tied for first place with West Phoenicia.” A medal table was put on screen.

“So far, eighteen gold medals have been awarded, and fifty-four total. This is just over a sixth of the medals that will be given out, so there is plenty of time for things to change.”

“To start off, the one hundred meter backstroke. Simek, the only Furbish swimmer to qualify in the event, out of all men and women got in third place. Just like all races, she was a small fraction of a second away from both the second and fourth place swimmers.” Footage of her swim played. She touched the finish line at the end, at seemingly the same time as some of the rest, but her lane was then marked in bronze. The end was replayed in slow motion, where it was obvious she got in third. The table was then shown, followed by footage of her accepting a bronze medal, then standing at the podium while the flags were raised.

“The women’s water polo team played a game today, tying against San Carlos Islands.” Highlights of the game was shown. Furby Island took the early lead in the game, scoring the first three goals in the first quarter alone, and three more in the second. In the next two, the San Carlos Islands team caught up, scoring a few more goals and getting ahead. Near the end of the game, the Furbish team scored another goal and tied the game. After the highlights were shown, a table appeared with the group A standings.

“While Furby Island is first, it should be noted that the team has not had a bye yet, and has a single game left to go. San Carlos Islands, on the other hand, still has two games to go, and could end up getting ahead. Same goes for the other two teams.”

“Getting away from aquatics, the individual archery quarterfinals, semifinals, and gold and bronze medal finals, for both men and women, happened today.”

“Capito won a game in the quarterfinals and advanced to the semifinals. He lost by a single point against an archer from San Carlos Islands.” Capito’s shots in both games were shown

“Capito, then won against a West Phoenician archer in the bronze medal finals, also by a single point.” A few shots were shown from this game. After that, he was shown at the medal ceremony, being awarded a bronze medal, and standing on the podium with it.

“In the quarterfinals, Buelow won the game and moved on to the semifinals. Flippen tied against a San Carlos Islands archer, but ended up losing the tiebreaker.” Some footage from the event played. First were a few shots from the first game, followed by a few shots from the second game. After the score was tied, both tiebreaker shots were shown. A target came on screen, showing where both arrows landed.

“Buelow lost in the semifinals, and moved on to the bronze medal final. There, she won 108 to 111, taking home the third bronze medal won by Team Furby Island today.” The women’s individual archery medal ceremony was shown. Beside Buelow on the podium were two more archers from San Carlos Islands, who won gold and silver.

“Also today are the last matchdays for the groups stage in women’s basketball and men’s football.”

“The women’s basketball team lost against San Carlos Islands. However this puts the team second place in group A, giving us a spot on the semifinals.” Highlights of the match played. The Furbish team threw the ball and landed in the hoop several times, including a few three point shots. Some more clips of the team successfully blocking enemy shots were also shown. The group B table was shown after the game. The top two teams, Furby Island and San Carlos Islands, were highlighted.

“In men’s football today, Furby Island played the last football match in Noorderstein Olympic Stadium in the Games. As of now the stadium is being converted from football to a field for athletics events, which will begin tomorrow.”

“But in football, the Furbish team got extremely lucky today. San Carlos defeated the New Waldensian team, so everything relied on the match against Ferlik.”

“Most of the match was stuck at zero goals for both sides. Attempts were made, but all goals were blocked.” Time was spent showing scoring attempts by both sides, which were all blocked by goalies. “Near the end, around eighty minutes in the game, the striker, who was, Haralson at the time, scored a goal.” The goal was shown on screen. It was met by cheering from the Furbish fans at the stadium.

“The game ended one to nothing, a Furbish victory.” The end was shown. It was met by cheering of tens of thousands of Furbish fans, happy to see their team finally win a game. The group A table was shown, with the Furbish and San Carlos Islands teams highlighted. They will be advancing to the semifinals in two days.

“The final event where medals were awarded today is the women’s artistic gymnastics all round individual final.”

“This was a very close game. Most results are separated by less than half a point. Every little thing in the performance matters here.”

“Parham won third, despite being outperformed in many apparatuses by the fourth place. She ended up winning by less than a quarter of a point.” Her performances in each of the four apparatuses was shown, followed by the score being displayed. A table was then shown of all eight, and how they placed, followed by the meal ceremony and the top three athletes on the podium.

“Over at Gelderman’s Wharf, the Furbish team did well in the coxed eights repechage. The women’s team already qualified in the heats, but the men’s team did not.” Three boats were shown, lined up at the edge of the wharf. The starters pistol went off, and all three boats began moving towards the finish line.

“Furby Island won the repechage, and will be competing in the finals in three days.” The screen changed to drone footage from the finish line. The Furbish team was ahead, and finished first, followed by San Carlos islands in seven seconds, then New Waldensia after six more seconds.

“The final medal event is women’s beach volleyball. In group A, Sonnenberg and Carnahan won their third match against a San Carlos Islands team, and are in first place of the group. They won two sets in a row.” Some highlights of the game were shown. The first set was close, going back and forth until the Furbish pair managed to get ahead and win by two points. The second was not as close, with the Furbish pair winning twenty-one points against twelve.

“Lisk and Reiman won their first game today, against a West Phoenician team. They are tied for fourth right now, but still have two games left to play.” Highlights of this game were shown. The first set was won twenty-one to twelve. The second set was close, but the Furbish pair ended up losing that one twenty-three to twenty one. The final set was a Furbish victory, with fifteen points against eleven from West Phoenicia. The group A table was shown.

“Furby Island did slightly worse in group C. Sweetman and Barnhardt lost a game against Aeternitatia. Clapper and Strecker had their bye today.” Highlights of the last game were shown. A few points scored by the Furbish pair were played, but they lost the second and third set to Aeternitatia. The group C standings were shown.

“It should be noted that Sweetman and Barnhardt have played three out of their four games, while Clapper and Strecker played two. Anything can happen in the last two match days.”

“This is it for the medal events, however, still news from demonstration events.”

“The Furbish women’s American football team did not play today, but after losing a game and tying another one, the team will not be advancing to the semifinals.”

“The baseball team, however, defeated the Gagiumish teanm today, placing them in second place, and earning a spot in the semifinals.” Far too many times in the game, players were knocked out before they could finish a home run, except the very beginning, where a Furbish player managed to finish one. The score stayed for the rest of the game.

“Dobrowolski lost the women’s light heavyweight chessboxing third place final to a West Phoenician player. Near the end, she was checkmated in the second to last chess round.” Footage played of parts of the chess and the boxing rounds.

“Finally, for the digital collectible card game, the last of the group stage, and the quarterfinals, took place today. Out of seven Furbish players, only two, Vasbinder and Giefer, qualified.”

“The two of them, as well as the five who did not make it to the quarterfinals, all play other games of the genre while streaming it to thousands of people in Furby Island. Esports are growing in popularity, and many of the players wish for them to be given the same standing other sports, even competing for medals in future Olympic Games.”

“Similar words have been said by the Gagiumish first person shooter team captain in his infamous interview two days ago.”

“Giefer and Vasbinder, though have been put against each other, and Giefer won two games.”

“That is it for the events today. Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more events, including the athletics.”

“Yes, athletics will begin tomorrow at the Noorderstein Olympic Stadium. The women’s three meter springboard event will also take place tomorrow. So will semifinals for men’s and women’s single sculls.”

“The finals for the digital collectible card game, and first day of indoor volleyball will be tomorrow as well. The only medal event will be the women’s shot put.”

Both reporters wished the audience a good night and closed off the broadcast. Not far away from the media center, at the Noorderstein Olympic Stadium, people were hard at work re-purposing the field.
Sic semper tyrannis!

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:57 pm

Jordana Preach, Olympic News Correspondent

While many sport fans flocked to the pool to cheer on their fans in the mens and women's backstroke event, others who attended the archery said that was the place to be with a tight face of male and female archers duking it out in the field for gold, silver and bronze while drama unfolded off the field.

Two of West Phoenicia's best gold medalists winning archers Pete Long and Lady Amelia Defence-Heywood both had easy runs to the quarter-finals taking out the competition. With the smell of gold in the air, West Phoenicians had flocked to the archery even to support their athletes.
After taking out the gold in Men's Team Archery, team captain was a hit favourite to pull another medal and add to the nation's growing tally. He wasn't as egotistical as Lady Amelia Defence-heywood, but he had won enough medals in his life to know the archers at this event were not going to be too much of a challenge. So when he hit the quarter-finals and found himself against team mate Baron Jedidah Gryphon he let his game slip thinking it would be an easy win. Fans and Pete Long were both shocked with Pete Long's one point loss to his team mate. While he congratulated his team mate, he was still stunned at the Loss. Pete Long said afterwards in an interview, he rested on his past success and that had been his downfall today.
In a first flr Baron Jedidah Gryphon he crumbled in the semi-finals against Adam Porter from Gagium. And loss by one point to Lyman Capito of Furby Islands.

"I leave these games with a team gold medal and higher ranking. Pete Long is the best archer in West Phoenicia. Never in my dreams would I have thought I would have beat him." Baron Jedidah Gryphon told reporters after the match.

The respectable and happy feelings of the men's individual did not flow over to the women's event where Lady Amelia Defence-Heywood easily took out Nellie Ingram of New Waldensia who she described as plain and to get back to the junior leagues.

However it was during the semis against Elena Deligioz of the San Carlos Islands that trouble brewed over lie an unmatched pot of potatoes.
"Foul," Amelia Defence-Heywood had complained citing audience interference after Elena Deligioz had scored a bulleye, pushing her one point ahead
Amelia Defence-Heywood complained to the judges that she was fully aware San Carlos Island coaching staff had thrown off her last shot by deliberately trying to distract her match. One of Ameila's maids also confirmed she saw the interference.
When judges refused to uphold her appeal she berated all of them for anti-West Phoenician attitudes , telling one to buy glasses as they were blind and to lose weight.

Amelia Defence-Heywood progressed to the bronze medal match where she played off against Marya Buelow of The Futby Islands. Still visibly annoyed and upset, she was thrown off her game allowing Marya Buelow to gain an advantage when during the last arrow instead of playing it, she tossed her bow aside to do her nails and wave over her maid for a glass of champagne.

Spectators in the audience started to boo the West Phoenician for her bad attitude, while some West Phoenicians cheered her antics, saying she was robbed in the semi-finals.
Lady Amelia Defence-Heywood refusal to play her last arrow allowed her competitor to score 8, pushing her ahead of Ameila 111 to 108.

"I decided to protest. There was no way this was an honest game. I knew I had the bronze medal win. But who wants that shit. I was here for gold and I was robbed. And anyway the judges would have found a way to cheat to allow Miss
Buylow to win the day. She is an awful woman and an awful archer. Only getting here because the games happen to be in her backwater island home. I'm a gold medalist winner, I don't need to be attending games where it looked as if the population has chlorine in the gene pool. I'm on the first plane out of here, and may these Islands and their citizens sink back into the ocean where they belong."

Lady Amelia Defence-Heywood

In other news:

• Melanie Oak becomes first West Phoenician female in history of West Phoenicia sending delegations to the Olympic Games to win a medal in Shot put. Tune into WP Sports One for her full interview.

• Sports Analysts discuss the Silver Medal Curse affecting Team West Phoenicia.

• Demostration Event winners declare they are being overlooked, even though they are pulling in some amazing results.
Last edited by West Phoenicia on Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gagium
Ambassador

Postby Gagium » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:00 pm

Women's 100m Sprint - Heats
Noorderstein, Furbish Islands

Bria Buckley always had a passion for running. Ever since she was in early grade school, she loved running, and this was something her parents and teachers noticed quickly. She would jog to school from her nearby home every day and back, day after day, even during the coldest Dakota winters. By 13, she was signed up for the Junior Olympics of Gagium, where she finished among the top dozen. She placed third in the Women’s 400m by the age of 15, and placed second in the 100m Sprint shortly after the same year.

Unfortunately, she had to put her running career on hiatus in order to persue higher education, and graduated from the University of Dakota after four years with a degree in physics. However, her love of sprinting soon caught up to her after graduation, and Bria vowed to serve on the Gagiumish Olympic team some day.

And here she was, at the age of 24, ready to run in the Women’s 100m Sprint. Despite being the newbie on the team and the worst performing in the event, she was excited. Bria watched her teammate Leslie Chéron finish in the first heat with a time of 11.66, and then watched the next two heats eagerly. Bria closed her eyes quickly to reflect on everything that led up to this moment, and before she knew it she was lined up on the track. The San Carlos Islands athletes stood out to her, having come from the western end of the continent. She’s always wanted to go to the islands, but-

The race began with a gunshot. Bria began with a sprint very, very shortly after the other athletes, and continued to pump her legs for what felt like minutes, every step mattering. She kept up with the SCI runners narrowly, though just barely missed a step and finished with a time of 11.62. Breathing, she smiled; Better than she expected, and better than she’s achieved before.

It was shortly after that she realized she’d gotten the best time out of her senior runners, and would move on to semifinals in 12th place along with her other fellow athletes, out of 36 runners in the event. Not bad. She retreated to the Olympic village’s bar to get some drinks along with Leslie Chéron and Laurine Crevier, the other runners in the event. Tomorrow would be a big day with the semifinals and finals for the 100m sprint and the 400m heats very shortly after, so she retreated to her residence after spending only a few minutes at the bar. She’d need all the rest she could get.
E

San Carlos Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby San Carlos Islands » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:49 pm

Night; Day 7

"Greetings to everyone back in the San Carlos Islands watching this special Summer Olympics broadcast of SCTV Sports in English. coverage in Russian can be found on CKT. I'm Kennedy Hayward."

"And I'm Foster Hayley. Kennedy, I'm a sports analyst, and if it's one thing that sums up today's performance by our athletes from the Commonwealth, turn to yesterday's brawl between fellow Islanders. Yeah, watching today was entertaining, but at the end of the day quite a few of our star Olympians metaphorically went down bloody, bruised, defeated, and ashamed."

"Indeed Foster. First off, speaking of that fistfight after the archery finals, I was watching it and the Olympic security really got a run for their money from some crazy Islanders."

Foster smiled. "Yes Kennedy, I don't think anyone in the Noorderstein Police has manned a Saint Petersburg FC v.s. Queensland Charlotte match, pathetic. Countries without brawls like that are un cultured places. - But yeah, another metaphor here Kennedy, like Furbish Islands police trying to break up a rowdy San Carlos sports brawl, our athletes didn't show up today."

"Well, what about stuff like Women's Shot Put Foster? Veronika Vlahovic won the gold metal for the Commonwealth or the Women's Heptahalon where Nevena Konstantinova came out on day one above the entire field?"

*Women's Shot Put Footage*

Foster nodded. "Yes those where nice things, let me be the first to congratulate Ms. Vlahovic on coming out of nowhere basically, someone who's gotten very little media attention, and getting the gold in the event. She got a 20.33 on the first throw, after that it was about who could beat that number, no one could, she got the win... I'm not sure if Veronika is participating in anything else, but if she is, I really do wish her luck. Let's win more golds! -

*Women's Heptahalon Footage*

As for Nevena, she did really well today and she's on track for a medal, maybe even a gold, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves Kennedy, today was day one of the heptahalon, one more day to go, anything can change, it's still anyone's game; but nonetheless, we wish Nevena luck!"

Kennedy nodded. "Understandable, what were some of your other thoughts about the day. You seem to still be negative after everything unfolded."

*Swimming Footage*

"Well Kennedy, first swimming. Men's 100m Breaststroke, not a single Islander advanced to the finals. The Women's 100m Breaststroke, is looking a little better, Anastazija Kuznetsova by a wide margin, but can she hold it come finals? That's the question. This swim team really needs to change something, they're not looking like Olympic material, yet alone, people who can win medals at the Olympics. They need motivation, they need perseverance, I just don't know how to give it to them. It would be great if I scare them into it right now. You need to do better or you'll ironically sink."

"What else?"

*Men's Athletics Footage*

"Men's Athletics. We only seem to be at the middle or bottom of the pack in very event that went on today. If this is a taste of what's to come of this team, a lot of fans back in the Commonwealth are going to be very disappointed. The motto of the Noorderstein Olympics is something like "Run faster, Jump higher" just do that guys! We need to get a win or two of you you guys to stay competitive in the medal count.

*Woman's Soccer Footage*

And finally Kennedy, Women's Soccer. The tie with New Waldensia today hurt a lot and I'm afraid if this team cannot manage to win their next game, they'll be eliminated. We of course don't want that happen, thus, let's go girls, get a win or fade away!"

Kennedy smacked her stack of notes on the counter and coughed. "Well building off everything Foster noted, I have a final thought. There have been good days and there have been bad days; thankfully more good than bad. Nonetheless my message to our Olympians is this, get out there, be competitive, and win. Everyone back at home is cheering you on, some are praying for you. We're 2nd in the medal count, we can do better, so DO BETTER!"

Foster smiled, "Amen sister. - Well that wraps it up for us tonight. I'm Foster Hayley"

"I'm of course Kennedy Hayward, thanks for tuning into this special broadcast of SCYV Sports. Good night and godspeed to the San Carlos Olympic Team from SCTV, providing English broadcasting to the Commonwealth for nearly 40 years."

New Waldensia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Waldensia » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:54 am

[b]WBS-TV's Noorderstein Olympic Studio[/b]
[i]Late-Night Sports Roundup, Day 7[/i]

[i]closing footage from the evening news broadcast[/i]

"I'm Philip Morrison, and this has been WBS-TV's Olympic coverage. We'll now turn to the Late-Night Sports Roundup, with Greg Wright, Arnold Miller, Oskar Hertz, Marianne Fremont, and Anastasia Bjorklund."

[i]Late-Night Sports Roundup theme song and graphics play[/i]

"Welcome, welcome, welcome. I'm Greg Wright, and this is Late-Night! Your show for all things sports, and tonight it's all Olympics. Let's jump right in. Big elephant in the room: New Waldensia just cannot seem to break through the bronze barrier."

Arnold Miller: "Yeah, five bronzes and no other hardware. We've had other contenders but they've just not been able to get that extra push to make it."

Oskar Hertz: "Some of the stars have been absolute flops. I mean, all the hype and none have brought home silver or gold. Are they allergic?"

Anastasia Bjorklund: "Its not just the stars. Sarah Baker, today, first in prelims, then falls to bronze in the finals. We didn't even [I]have[/i] anyone in women's all-around individual."

Marianne Fremont: "Now, to be fair, we have had some close calls. Ian Griffith, two-hundredths from silver in the 100m backstroke. That's incredibly close."

Hertz: "Sure, but they didn't come here for close calls."

Wright: "What do we have to look forward to?"

Miller: "There's still plenty of chances in swimming and gymnastics, and track and field is just beginning."

Fremont: "Expect some surprises. Sara Baker, who bronzed in shot put today, wasn't even expected to medal. We've had some second-tier athletes top out some of the elites in qualifiers and prelims."

Hertz: "Here's the deal. The Olympic Committee overpromised and their athletes are underperforming. That's gotta change in the next few days, or they're gonna have trouble getting sponsors for the next Olympics."

[I][crosstalk][/I]

Miller: "Come on, though, it is the Olympics. There are elite athletes from a dozen countries here. It's competitive!"

Wright: "We have seen some stellar performances turned in by athletes so far. Who can forget the absolute domination by the San Carlos women's basketball team? They've won each of their three games by an average of what, 40+ points? Their closest game was still a 25-point gap."

Bjorklund: "One thing is for sure, the athleticism here at Noorderstein is top-tier. It would just be nice for some Waldensians to step up."

Wright: "We hope to see just that, Anastasia. Now, after the break, we're going to to dig into the latest on the doping scandal at Venalda University. What did the coaching staff know, and when did they know it? Stay right here to find out."
Last edited by New Waldensia on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Z-Day6 Medals

Furbish Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Furbish Islands » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:22 am

This is the cutoff for day 7 RPs. RPs past this point will not count towards the day 8 RP bonus.

FBC Sports Broadcast Part 1*
Night, day 7

*part 2 of this broadcast will be written later, though IC this is all on the same day

The introduction to the broadcast was the same. An aerial view of Noorderstein, followed by a montage of events, then the FBC sports logo, then reporters Martijn Luiken and Petra Lansink appearing on screen to wish the viewers a good evening and introduce themselves.

After this introduction, Luiken began “We are now one week into the Games, but only fifty-seven medals have been awarded.”

“Today was described as a boring day for some, because of a single medal event. Though many have said all days are important. The preliminary and group rounds place you in a good position to compete for medals.”

“Diving events have started again today. The women’s three meter springboard preliminary round saw twenty-nine people competing, and the top eighteen will move on to the semifinals tomorrow.”

“Three Furbish divers qualified. Theroux, who is in ninth did some impressive dives.” All five of her dives were shown on screen, then replayed in slow motion. She managed to pull of some tricks, though not as good as many of the rest.

“Ardon and Pio played it safe, doing less difficult dives for the preliminary. They did well in those, but did not get very high scores.” Some of their dives were replayed. They were not as impressive as Theroux, and their scores reflected that. A table of all the divers was then shown, and a dotted line marked the top eighteen.

“In the men’s breaststroke, two swimmers qualified for the semifinals. Troxel even tied for first place overall.” A replace of his swim at the end of the fourth heat was played. He reached the finish line at what looked to be the same time as another swimmer, but a slow motion replay showed otherwise. “Brun got third in the second heat.” The end of his swim was shown, followed by a slow motion replay. The table of all the swimmers was shown.

“In the second semifinal race, the results were the other way around, with Brun getting first, and second overall, while Troxel got fourth. He tied for eighth overall, and will swim in the finals.” The end of the second semifinal race was then shown. Brun finished, followed closely by another swimmer. About a second later, the other five finished close to each other, averaging about a tenth of a second apart. This was replayed in slow motion. The table of this race’s results was shown, with swimmers advancing to the finals highlighted. The overall results followed.

“As shown by these results, fractions of a second seperate everyone, and anything can happen in the finals tomorrow.”

“There were slightly worse results in the women’s breaststroke.”

“In the first heat, Difiore and Godbey got in third and fourth place, respectively. However, they were apart by over a second and a half, and the latter did not qualify.” In the replay, the gap was obvious without the slow motion replay. The table of the first heat was shown, with all swimmers advancing highlighted

“Jacobs got second place in the second heat, only a fiftieth of a second from the first placing swimmer.” The end was shown, and it was impossible to tell who got first without the markers on the lanes, which showed the place and time. A slow motion replay followed, but even then, the first two were extremely close. The table of the second heat was shown, with all swimmers advancing highlighted.

“Doverspike tied in third place for the third heat.” This heat had swimmers finishing at completely different times. The first two finished at nearly the same time, followed by the next two, who actually finished at the same time. The next three swimmers finished about 1.3 seconds apart, followed by the last place, who finished four and a half seconds after the seventh place swimmer. The heat three table was shown, and just like the previous two, swimmers advancing to semifinals were highlighted. After that, the table of all swimmers was shown.

“In the second semifinal, Jacobs finished in third place, and second overall. She was the only Furbish swimmer to qualify for the finals.” The race was shown, this time starting from the final turn. She was behind the majority of swimmers at that time and throughout most of the final leg. Ten meters away from the finish line, she suddenly pulled ahead. It was unclear who reached the finish line first, but the marker on the lane said it was Jacobs. The table of the results was shown, then with results from the entire semifinal.

“In the last men’s water polo matchday, the Furbish team defeated the New Waldensian team.”

“And it was not even by a close margin. The score in the end of the game was five to eleven.” As with all events, highlights were shown. The Furbish team stayed ahead in points throughout he game, scoring three in the first quarter before the New Waldensian team managed to score. Goals by both teams were shown, then the group B table. Teams advancing to semifinals were highlighted.

“Unfortunately, the win was not enough for the Furbish team to advance to the semifinals.”

“The athletics events have begun today, after the field in the Noorderstein Olympic Stadium was converted last night.”

“In the first event, the men’s four hundred meter sprint, Furby Island did well. Two of the five Furbish sprinters qualified to the semifinals. Antonucci was the fastest sprinter, getting first in heat four and third overall.” The beginning of his race was first shown. Eight sprinters stood at the starting line, then the pistol went off, and they began running. The screen then witched to the end of the race. Antonucci got ahead of two runners from San Carlos Islands in the straightaway, and crossed the finish line first, followed closely by both runners. The table of the results were shown.

“Malott and Krauss, from the third and second heats respectively, also qualified.” The ends of both of their races were shown, followed by the tables of their respective heats, then the table for all runners.

“Two preliminary rounds for men’s field events took place today, the long jump and discus throw.”

“Furby Island did well in the former. Four out of the five Furbish long jumpers qualified, although their performances were not outstanding. The best jump, from Kirkpatrick, got 7.95 meters, nearly thirty centimeters from the first place jumper.” His jump was shown, followed by the other three qualifying Furbishmen.

“It is close, and just like the rest of the events, anything can happen.” A graphic was shown, with the sand pit, and lines marking distances of twenty-five athletes. The lines were all the colors of their respective teams. The ones which reached the qualification mark were highlighted brightly, and ones which did not reach it but are in the top twelve were highlighted as well, but not as brightly.

“The team did worse in the discus throw. Three athletes qualified, though the best was in ninth place, throwing at a little under three and a half meters behind the first place thrower.” All three attempts from all five Furbish athletes were shown. A good amount of them were invalidated, but most were scored.

“Anything can still happen in the finals, and previous events have only shown that results in preliminary rounds do not necessarily translate to the results in the finals.” A graphic of the discus field was shown, with dots marking where all the throws were made. The color and highlighting schemes were the same as the long jump.
Last edited by Furbish Islands on Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sic semper tyrannis!

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:58 pm

The West Phoenician Olympics Committee led by Baroness Flora Freeman has released a statement to the entire Olympic Delegation who are currently attending the First Federation of Conservative Nations Olympiad in Noordestein, Furby Islands.

"It is with a happy heart that I release this statement to congratulate Team West Phoenicia so far. We are sitting on Day 8 and we have accumulated 21 medals, that is a wonderful amount. But there is always room to do more and excel more. You are all talented athletes and it is time to show the Federation of Conservative Nations just how talented we are.

Before the teams departure we had predicted West Phoenicians would come home with 50 medals. We are in a good position, we only need 29 to fulfil that goal. With some many events still to go, it is a dream that is possible. Live the dream. Be the dream. Push yourself just that one more step , knowing the glory that awaits you for bringing home a medal.

As with other Olympic Games winners are rewarded for their hard work, these game are no different. Gold medal winners will receive $50,000, Silver medal winners $40,000 and Bronze medal winners $25,000. This is our thanks to you for all your hard work and struggles.

The West Phoenician Olympic Committee encourages all athletes to strive for gold, there is a serious gold drought among our delegation at these games. So far we have only obtained 3 gold medals, the luck athletes are;

• Pete Long/Lazarus Doherty/Baron Jedidah Gryphon- Archery- Men's Team
• Lady Ptolemais Dundas- Shooting-Women's 25m Rapid Fire Pistol
• Sandy Chang-Aquatics- Diving Women's 3m Springboard

West Phoenicia applauds these medallists for taking that one extra step. We also applauded our silver and bronze athletes for all their hard work and determination. Looking at the sports which got us gold, there are no surprises. We have often done well in Shooting, Diving and Archery.
Let us now take the next step, in athletics, rowing, swimming and gymnastics. We know we can pull in medals but lets go for the big one, lets break this gold drought and end the Silver curse. Do it for your motherland.

Keep remembering to honour Goddess Fortuna, the goddess of luck is on our side, so if you follow a United Pagan Faith group go out and pay homage to the goddess, where your fate is in her hands.
And for those athletes who follow The True Path Faith, may the Supreme God bless your bodies moving forward, giving you the powerto win.

I also wish to send my love and appreciation to our athletes who are taking part in Demostration events. While your hard work may not get you a win on the medal tally, you are still awarded a medal and our respects. So far we have pulled in four 1st place wins, three 2nd place wins and three 3rd place wins. Chessboxing and Exports are really stepping up and producing some gold fruits. As our thanks to you and all your hard work and patriotism to the Empire, all first place winners will receive $18,000, second place $15,000 and third place $10,000, you all have earnt it.

If these events were to one day be included as official Olympic medals, now is the time to start training our teenagers in these sports. Get them to the top of their fields so we are ready and experienced if that day should ever come.

The West Phoenician Olympic Committee thanks you all for your hard work and so does every citizen in the Empire.

Now before I leave, I did announce a name and shame after the last Summer Olympics of athletes behaving badly and giving West Phoenicia a bad name, or as some nations may whisper a worse reputation than it already has.
Don't say you haven't been warned, your bad behaviour reflects on all of us, in a number of these cases the Furby Islands police had to step in.
The following have 7 days to appeal the decision or face $5000 penalty per offence.

Lady Amelia Defence-Heywood -Archery :
• Insulting and arguing with judges
• Throwing alcohol at a child
• Slapping and assaulting a fellow team mate.
• Bad Sportsmanship
• Property Damage to a hotel room

Members of the Women's Cheerleading Team
• Licentous and drunken behaviour at a Furby Island establishment
• Public Nudity
• Verbal abuse to rival teams and rival teams citizens
• Property Damage
• Bad Sportsmanship

Amos True-Path-Volleyball-Beach
• Public drunkardness
• Assault of a patron of a bar with a beach volleyball
• Public Urination

Melissa St Marie- Gymnastics-Artistic
• Fat shaming a fellow team mate
• Fat shaming a competitor
• Bullying

Captain Derreck Kentley-Rowing

• Verbal abuse to Judges
• Threatening Bodily Harm

25 Krystal Shetland-Shot put
• Shoplifting

Adeekshana Liyanage- Esports-FPS
• Bad Sportsmanship
• Racism
• Property Damage
• Instigation of a Public Protest and calling for a boycott

Kylie Stuart-Swimming
• Bad Sportsmanship
• Calling on members of the West Phoenician Swim team to boycott events over her stance on Segregation

Jasper Willmott
• Loitoring
• Public Prostitution
• Soliciting an undercvoer cop for sexual favours.

The Olympic Games are about friendship and competition, please cease all drama and focus on what really matters.

May everyone we bless, and long life Emperor Glenton Gryphon-Bush II forever may he reign and forever may the Empire stand.

San Carlos Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby San Carlos Islands » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:11 pm

Night; Day 8

On day 8 of the Summer Olympics the intro to the daily San Carlos TV (SCTV) sports broadcast, covering all the insides and outs of the San Carlos Islands National Olympic team became more elaborate than it had the previous days. A video montage of all the highlights of the day quickly flashed cross the screen and then faded into a cut of the SCTV logo overshadowing the city of Noorderstein. As that disappeared cameras overlooking a platform with a large desk on top of it where nightly hosts Foster Hayley and Kennedy Hayward where sitting as well as San Carlos Islands Olympic Committee President Azarov Vsevolodovich for the night's special, a quick interview with him.

Foster opened the show; "Hello and a good late afternoon to everyone watching tonight's broadcast of SCTV Sports Olympic Recap where we're we talk about the good, the bad, and of course the ugly of these Summer Olympics in Noorderstein, Furby Island, coverage in Russian can be found on CKT. I'm Foster Hayley. - Tonight we will be hearing San Carlos Islands Olympic Committee President Azarov Vsevolodovich's thoughts so far about the past few days as well as telling us what to expect in the coming days ahead. Welcome Azarov!"

The camera turned to the Olympic Committee President who smirked and responded in a light Russian accent; "It's good to be here."

Focus was now on Kennedy who smiled before she started to talk; "I'm Kennedy Hayward. - Mr. Vsevolodovich, what have been your initial thoughts about the past eight days?"

The camera turned back to Azarov. "Well Kennedy, again thanks for having me on your show. My initial thoughts about the past few days have been this. Our little archipelago is often overlooked across the world, we usually stay out of people's business and don't cause any trouble, nor do we really have anything major to offer to the rest of the planet, this event then is our time to shine and show the world that we're in it to win it, that's what we have been doing for the past few days."

He took a sip of water. "As you may know Kennedy, we're now first in the medal count, today helped us work towards that greatly because we won four gold medals and that's because we sent some magnificent athletes to this competition, and it really shows. We are proving ourselves to be one of the top-notch athletic nations in the world and I think if we continue on this path we can cement ourselves as an athletic powerhouse!"

Foster interjected. "So you talked about 'continuing on this path' what do you mean by that?"

Azarov nodded. "Well Foster, there's two answers to that question, one in the short term and one in the long term. In the short turn it means topping the medal count in these Olympics which looks like could be in reach. It's too early to call but I think if we can have more upsets like the one today from Ellie Jones and Madelyn Van Slyke who came from nowhere to topping a difficult field and winning the gold, if we can continue to dominate in events like Artistic Gymnastics, Women's Beach and Indoor Volleyball, and Women's Basketball; and if we can continue to come out on top of of the many difficult swimming and track & field events as did Olympians like Nevena Konstantinova, Barrfind Everly, and Anastazija Kuznetsova do today."

He took a quick pause. "And when I talk about the long term, I mean this. Recent polling across the Islands shows that about 24% of San Carlos Islanders over the age of 15 regularly participate in organised sporting activities. I think it's important that we do more to encourage them to not only keep participating in those events but for the younger ones especially to also continue practicing and getting better at them them, flying higher in them, and challenging them to consider maybe showing what they have on a world stage in the future. I say to the people right now who do stuff like skiing, snowboarding, and play hockey, etc.; the Winter Olympics happen in two years, register for a Olympic Qualifier, we'll be holding them in every State and Territory, be bigger than yourself."

Kennedy nodded; "Very well! Thank you for joining us on this program, I know you have certainly been very busy in the past few days and will be for the days to come. Me Foster, and the SCTV team really appreciate it!"

The camera turned to Azarov who smiled and responded; "Thanks for having me. Go Team SCI."

The camera slowly moved back from the desk and played the SCTV Sports theme as the program slowly faded into a commercial break.

-

After the break the focus quickly turned to Foster and Kennedy as the SCTV Sports theme played in the background.

First Foster said "Welcome back to SCTV Sports, if you're tuning in you missed our interview with San Carlos Islands Olympic Committee President Azarov Vsevolodovich, highlights of that can be found on the SCTV Youtube channel. But next, a recap of day eight of the Summer Olympics highlights."

A preview of the medal count flashed over the screen as foster continued.

"The first big news from today out of Noorderstein is that the San Carlos Islands has finally topped Furby Island, yes that's the host nation, in the medal count. We're currently beating them with two silver, two bronze, and most importantly, NINE gold medals, a total of 13 in contrast to their seven gold medals. The only question is, can we hold and even expand our lead, or will be be overtaken? Kennedy weighs in."

Footage of Women's 100m Breaststroke Finals played across the screen.

The focus turned to Kennedy. "Well Foster, today was probably the Commonwealth's best day yet. Early in the day, star woman's swimmer Anastazija Kuznetsova took home the gold today leading the next closest competitor in the Women's 100m Breaststroke Finals by .69 miliseconds this after some disappointing performances in past swimming events."

Foster smirked. "Ah, so my scare tactics yesterday worked!"

Kennedy rolled her eyes and continued as the footage on the screen shifted to the Men's Discus Throw Finals. "After Anastazija's first major win, and hopefully turning point when it comes the few swimming events left the Men's Discus Throw Finals proceeded. In them, Victoria native and first time Olympic qualifier Barrfind Everly shocked the world as he took home the gold in that event, besting the next closest competitor by merely one-tenth of a point, and making him just the Second male from the San Carlos Islands in this Olympiad to win a medal and the first to get a gold."

The camera focused in on Foster who would finish listing the gold medal winners of the day. As some footage of Nevena Konstantinova in the Women's Heptahalon played on a large screen behind him, he started. "As the Woman's Heptahalon concluded, one thing was certain, the Commonwealth's own Nevena Konstantinova would win gold. Konstantinova upshadowed the field, taking the top spot in almost every Heptahalon event and keeping a healthy lead the entire way, eventually beating the entire field by upwards of 200 points."

As the footage shifted to the Women's Coxless Pair Finals, he concluded his analysis of the gold medal winners. Finally, in the late afternoon, San Carlos City rowing club members turned Olympians Ellie Jones and Madelyn Van Slyke also took home the gold today. This pair who have rather been overlooked in the rowing events defied the odds and won today by a healthy 2 second lead."

Foster paused.

"Good job lads! Let's keep it up! Team SCI is Golden!"

Kennedy nodded in to agree as she started to talk about the various other winners of the day who haven't yet necessarily won medals.

"First..." Footage of Women's Water Polo played behind her as well as general Athletics. "The Commonwealth's women's Water Polo team got another win today, besting Gagium 8 to 13 and virtually cementing their spot in the semifinals."

She paused.

"Next, the Commonwealth say some big strides today in Track & Field events. Saint Petersburg native Mark Van Arendonk topped the Men's 100m sprint field today, furthermore York Dean, Ralf Werner, Stefan Jankovic, and Dobroslav Kokot will advance to the Men's 100m semifinals with him. As for the Women's 400m sprint, Diana Carman of New Swansea topped the field in prelims with, beating the next best by 9 miliseconds. Next, looking at the Women's 3000m Steeplechase; Heptahalon gold medalist Nevena Konstantinova advanced to semis alongside Marissa Seward. Finally, for the Women's Triple Jump, Konstantinova will also advance to semis alongside Kalina Bogdanovic and Margit Van Aggelen."

The camera turned to Foster as footage of Women's Basketball and Men's Football played behind him.

"In women's Basketball, this stellar team lead stars like Van Hoek bested Novo Abrahamia 78 to 66 today, giving them a spot in the final four. This is a team I'm confident can win a gold, they just need to keep pushing. The San Carlos Islands Women's Basketball has remained undefeated during these Olympics and by the looks of it, they may very well stay that way. In other good news, the San Carlos Islands Men's football team will also advance to the quarterfinals after besting Rhinelans Seud 3 to 0."

He paused as the footage changed for the last time to Women's Volleyball.

"And finally, one of my favorite events of this Olympics, Women's Volleyball. Starting at the bottom on Group D, Kennedy Goldy and Valaria Pavlova will advance o semifinals, that is locked in. If our other girls in the division Lauren Chen and Faith Bazos get another win and/or Asta Heens and Zusan Rolfenheem of some other country I forget the name of loose, they will advance in that division as well. In Group B Madelyn Jones and Lauren Southern were bested for the first time today, despite that, if they can hold on to their spot in second, they my very well advance as well. Finally in Group A, if Tess Piper and Nata Lagounov can get one more win, they will also advance."

He paused.

"It's very well looking all these women, these great athletes can advance to Semis and show the world what the San Carlos Islands has got!"

He paused again.

"Finally in the first Women's Indoor Volleyball matchday, our women are off to a great early start, beating West Phoenicia and tying the team with the Fuby Islands for first. - I'm Foster Hayley, and that's been your Olympic news. Go Team SCI."

"And like always I'm Kennedy Hayward. thanks for tuning into this special broadcast of SCYV Sports. Good night and godspeed to the San Carlos Olympic Team from SCTV, providing English broadcasting to the Commonwealth for nearly 40 years."

Gagium
Ambassador

Postby Gagium » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:54 am

Crown News
WaveTV Channel 230

*Quick montage of various Olympic sports being played in Noorderstein*

“Hello, I’m Bella Carter and you’re watching Crown News’ special coverage of the FCN Olympic Games! We’ll begin with a quick recap on the events of Day 8, and then we’ll look ahead to what could happen later today and in the future with medals.”

*Footage of Women's 3m Springboard, followed by a chart of the top 6 athletes*

“Ophélie Maurice won silver in the 3 meter springboard diving event today, being less than 4 points away from winning gold. As she only ranked 7th in semifinals, winning silver certainly wasn’t something she expected, and she’s looking forward to staying around to support our athletes during the next few days.”

*Athletic events footage*

“In the men’s 100 meter sprint heats, both of our athletes in the event qualified for semifinals, with runner Micheal Jensen placing in 4th with a time of 10.22 seconds and Ivan Venegas placing in 8th with a time of 10.29. Robert Delafose tied in first with Waldensian athlete Alejandro Ramos during the Men’s Pole Vault Preliminaries, and Anders Carr placed in 10th. Both athletes will be advancing.”

*Chart of women’s 100m sprint finals placing*

“In the women’s 100 meter sprint semifinals, Leslie Chéron placed in 5th to advance to finals, and she placed in 4th during finals. Bria Buckley, who was looking forward to a possible win in the event, didn’t make it to finals, though she is advancing to semifinals in the 400 meter sprint, having placed 4th in heats. Julie De Verley placed in 2nd in women’s triple jump preliminaries.”

*Chart of women’s helpathon*

“Raphaëlle Azéma tied with Furbish athlete Dung Borg to win silver in the women’s heplathon, though both athletes placed little under 200 away from gold winner Nevena Konstantinova, from the San Carlos Islands.

*Footage of rowing and charts of men’s and women’s coxless pair finals placing*

“Rowers Barbara Besnard and Liliane Kaplan won the nation a bronze medal in the women’s coxless pair rowing event, with a finals time of 7:26.88. Moving on, in women’s football, the Gagiumish team lost 3-9 to Aeternitatia in semifinals, with the game originally ending tied but the Aeternitatians scoring a touchdown (but missed field goal) in overtime.”

*Split footage of Gagium’s 3 medalists today standing on the podiums*

“Looking to the future, 6 medal events will have their finals today, those being the men’s 100m and 400m sprints, women’s 1500m run and triple jump, and men’s and women’s coxed eights. Men’s basketball and women’s soccer will be in match day 5, while women’s 400m sprint will have semifinals. Gagium has athletes participating in all single events today except for in the men’s 400 meter sprints. Many commentators are hoping for several gold medals to be won today.”

*Footage of events mentioned before*

“Day 10 and beyond, events to look out for include the men’s triple jump, men’s water polo, women’s triathlon, and the women’s soccer finals, as well as all other athletic, swimming, and gymnastic events coming up.”

“That will be all for today’s morning Olympics coverage. I’m Bella Carter, thank you all and have a good day.”
Last edited by Gagium on Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
E

New Waldensia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Waldensia » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:52 am

WSB-TV, Day 8 Primetime
Noorderstein Olympic Studio

"Good evening, this is Philip Morrison coming to you again from the Olympic Studio in Noorderstein. If you've been watching the coverage all day, we've had quite the eventful competition today. Let's move right into the top news of the day. Samantha?"

"Thanks, Phil. New Waldensia broke the 'bronze curse' today, hauling in six medals -- 2 gold, 3 silver, and 1 bronze. Some of those medals came in unexpected places."

[footage from men's and women's coxless pairs finals, with voiceover by Lindl
"New Waldensia's first gold of the games came in the men's coxless pair finals, where Luke Gray and Mark Hatfield stunned the field with an 11/100ths of a second victory. Less than a half second separated gold from bronze, but Gray and Hatfield had a literal last-minute surge that put them at the top of the podium. For the first time in the Noorderstein Games, Light Shines in Darkness played during the medal ceremonies."
[footage of the ceremonies, with the Waldensian athletes singing with gusto and tear-filled eyes]

Lindl: "Daisy Roland and Cora Dewine brought in the first Waldensian silver in the women's coxless pair finals, finishing four seconds ahead of third place."

[footage shifts to men's long jump]
Lindl continues: "Mens long jump became the first multi-medal event for New Waldensia, with Everett Baker taking gold and Doug Adams snagging bronze. This was incredibly close, as a mere 1/100th of a meter separated gold and silver, as well as silver and bronze."

"The next medal won by a Waldensian athlete came in men's 100m breaststroke, as Pedro Lewis tied for silver with Mikail Landry of Ferlik."

Lindl: "Closing out the medals for the day came the women's 100m sprint, where Carrie Cook outstretched Sun-Hi True-Path of West Phoenicia to grab silver. Tesha Chillemi of Furbish Islands won good with a time of 10.86 seconds, while Cook and True-Path came in with 10.89 and 10.9, respectively."

"Thanks for that update, Samantha. New Waldensia now has eleven medals so far here at the Noorderstein Games, with plenty of opportunities to gather more. For now, this is Philip Morrison with WSB-TV. Tune in tomorrow for more from the Olympics. Goodnight."

Later in the evening
The Finish Line Bar, Olympic Village

Leroi Strand and Sabas Dunst had been drinking for most of the evening, and were pretty well snockered. The offensive linemen from the New Waldensian football team had spent much of the time since the end of their Olympic run at the various bars in the Olympic Village and Noorderstein itself, sampling the alcoholic offerings that Furby Island possessed.

Dunst, in particular, was exceedingly drunk and surly. Strand was pretty sedate when intoxicated, but Dunst had an antagonistic streak.

Strand slurped from his bottle of beer, spilling some of it in the process. "I th-th-think this one'z empty. How many have I had, Sabas?"

"I dunno. Three? Less than me, for sure. You just can't down it like me. Nobody can." Dunst replied, swigging from his bottle, which was also empty and had been for the last ten minutes. "What the &$¿^÷ am I still drinking this for?" He threw the bottle toward a trash can, missing by three feet. He turned around in his seat, glaring about the room.

He stopped when he saw a linebacker from the West Phoenician football team, sitting at the other end of the bar. "Look at that punk, Strand. I think I remember him. Yeah, he's the -;/83!*7 who was always offsides. Filthy &¿$6+$ refs never called him on it. Bribed."

"Can I get another one?" Strand ignored Dunst and asked the bartender, who shook his head no.

Dunst continued glaring down the bar. "Hey! Maggot-brains! You were offside the entire game!" he hollered. It took the Phoenician a few moments before he realized he was directing that at him. Getting no response, Dunst issued a handful of expletives in his direction, then got up and walked down the bar.

One of the bartenders picked up a phone and said something into it, keeping an eye on Dunst.

Dunst got down to the other end, placed a hand on the West Phoenician, and spun his around. "You filthy weasel, @$#@ #&$±$/* ---" The linebacker threw a punch into Dunst's nose, sending him to the floor. A bouncer came from behind the bar and grabbed Dunst by the collar, dragging him out of the bar.

Strand was still trying to get something out of his empty bottle.
Last edited by New Waldensia on Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:52 am, edited 13 times in total.

Z-Day6 Medals

Ferlik
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 08, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ferlik » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:43 am

Mikail Landry wins Ferlik's first medal!

Mikail Landry has won Ferlik's first medal in the FCN Olympiad, tying for silver with Pedro Lewis of New Waldensia in the final of the mens' 100m breaststroke tournament. Ferlik's sole male entry in the breaststroke had a rollercoaster journey on his way to the final. He had a flying start, winning his heat in the first round and scoring the third fastest time overall, but he could only finish fifth in the first semi-final, and having tied for eighth fastest overall with Furbish Islands homeboy Everett Troxel, who was himself tied fastest overall in the heats. Thus with an unprecedented nine swimmers in the final, Landry had it all to do from the outside lane, but he put on an excellent performance to take silver with a 59.10 that was inseparable from Lewis. The surprise of the day, however, was Theron Brun getting the gold medal. Despite winning his semifinal, it was his countryman Troxel who was the bookies favourite to take gold, being widely considered to be the Furbish Islands' best breaststroke swimmer and having home advantage, and yet it was the unheralded Brun who pulled away to reach the timing pads first.

Landry's medal performance will definitely be a relief for Ferlikian sports fans and the Ferlikian Olympic Committee as the delegation has seen a dearth of good individual performances and a litany of disappointments, with a notable early shock being Abraham Karst's failure to make the final of the 25m rapid fire pistol on Day 2, which saw Moses Hin-Geidelstat upset Freddy Unrein for gold, with Unrein and fellow Furbish Islanders Carlo Deckard and Earle Daring finish second, third, and fourth.

Summary of the Games so far

The Ferlikian delegation did have good news on Day 1 as George Petrov won himself a bye to the Round of 16 in the individual archery, albeit via a drawing of lots that saw Caleb Vaughan of New Waldensia sent to the first eliminator. George's brother Paulus was also sent to the eliminator, having scored one point less than his brother. More good news was to come as the Ferlikian womens cheerleading team finished second in their event, although they received no medals as the event was a demonstration event. Sadly, little good news was to come on Days 2 and 3, apart from some wins in team sports events.

Day 4, however, saw the return of Paulus Petrov, this time in the first eliminator of the archery, and the first good news for any individual athlete in days was to come as he defeated Wilfred Love fo the San Carlos Islands 110-109 in a nailbiting match, with the last set seeing him almost choke as Love, having scored 9-9-9 to bring up his final score, witnessed Petrov score 8-7-10 to snatch victory. Sadly more good news was not to come on the day as Damasco Gianelli was unable to progress to the final of the 50m rifle.

Day 5 proved to be an excellent day for Ferlik as Thad Finsek made it to the semi final of the mens 100m backstroke, becoming the first Ferlikian swimmer to finish inside the top 16, although he was unable to make the final later that day. Further good news as Paulus Petrov won his Round of 16 match against Mattis Vigenburg of Novo Abrahamia, although his brother George fell to another San Carlos Islander in Roman Tchaikovsky. To complete the good fortunes of the day, the Ferlik mens American football team beat West Phoenicia 14-10 to progress to the semi-finals at the expense of New Waldensia, who had beaten Ferlik 22-3 on Day 3. Sadly, the womens softball team were eliminated in the group stage after losing 2-1 to Gagium.

Day 6 would only bring disappointment as Paulus Petrov was stopped in the quarter-finals, losing 110-108 to Furbish Islander Lyman Capito, and the womens basketball and mens football terams were knocked out in the group stages, the former losing 72-50 to West Phoenicia to cap off a dismal week where they lost all three matches, the latter losing 1-0 to the hosts and finishing bottom of Group A despite beating New Waldensia 2-1 on Day 4.

Day 7 was Mikail Landry's first outing in the 100m breaststroke as he won his heat convincingly before scraping in to the final after swimming almost a second slower in his semi-final than his heat, and the mens water polo team beat Eldrado 8-6 to finish second in Group A and make the semi-finals thanks to five goals from Allister Fish. The athletics segment of the FCN Olympiad also started on Day 7, with Vadzim Rybokas progessing to the final round of the discus and Bayden Hilton narrowly missing out on the 400m sprint semi finals and, along with Zion Pinnatus III, putting in an admirable effort in the long jump. Makayla Sens also represented Ferlik proudly in the womens 100m sprint and the 1500m run although she did not make the semi-finals of either event, and Esther Beria started the first half of her heptathlon campaign. In the team sports, Ferlik beat Novo Abrahamia 83-72 in the mens basketball, meaning they only need to win their final match to progress from the group, and the womens football team beat Paleoconservative Citizens 2-0, meaning only a draw against Rhinelands Seud is needed to get to the semi-finals. Sadly, the mens American football team lost to the hosts 30-14 in their semi-final.

Day 8 was the day that Mikail Landry came off the blocks to win Ferlik's first medal in Noorderstein, with his time of 59.10 enough for a shared silver and only 0.09 seconds off Theron Brun's gold time. The womens water polo team was, though, eliminated with a game to spare after an 8-8 draw to Aeternitatia. Bayden Hilton competed in the 100m sprint, running in 11.20 seconds, and Vadzim Rybokas finished 6th overall in the discus, with a best of 66.46m. Makayla Sens, not previously considered a medal hope for Ferlik, ran a fast 400m time of 51.48 to finish 9th overall in the heats and reach the semi-finals and ran an admirable 3000m steeplechase, with an overall time faster than the San Carlos Islanders of Cara Garbutt and Eleonora Lagounova, although she was 19 seconds slower than countrywoman Filippa Ibini who ran a time of less than 10 minutes. Esther Beria completed her heptathlon, finishing 22nd overall, and the womens American football team beat New Waldensia 20-6 to reach the final of the demonstration event.
This nation does not represent my real political views

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports