NATION

PASSWORD

WLC XXXI Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:14 pm

Showdown Tonight,
by Kenzie Jeffries, Concord Heights Times Intern

Hello there from Kellerville! It is your favorite Concord Heights Times Intern, and I am absolutely stoked for the upcoming match against Abanhfleft that I want to get right to it! I’ll summarize our Northwest Kalactin match towards the end, but I have had a lot go on ever since arriving here. We know what this game means for the Fillies, we win the game, we win the group and get that all-important first round bye. If we lose by three or less goals, the group is probably still ours as long as we take care of business against that Mountains team in the group stage finale. If we lose by five or more goals, I think we will all scream and pound our heads on the wall or the desk, or wherever else may be convenient before we then realize that we would need help from Northwest Kalactin to win the group. If we lose by exactly four goals, then the next tiebreaker would be goals scored. We lead Abanhfleft by seven in that currently, so if we lost by four, we would have a three goal advantage before our game against the Mountains team, and we scored on them pretty well last time. To sum that up, “Just win, baby!”

I was looking around to see what other media outlets, particularly Abanhfleft sources, were saying about this pivotal game, but I got sidetracked into reading something about the Di Bradini Cup. That’s a soccer tournament that Cassadaigua stopped participating in after the last edition because CASE (Cassadagan Association for Soccer Excellence) decided that they did not feel like the tournament was about youth development, like it should be, and that there was too much pressure put on the youth players to get wins and a possible title, rather then to develop their soccer skills. With the Sporting World Cup, another soccer tournament that is a “U-18" instead of “U-21" increasing in popularity, CASE felt, and I agree, that it would be that tournament that we would focus on for youth development. Anyway, Graham O’Doherty, the author of a recent article sickened me with his first sentence, “You know what, guys? I've had it. I've had enough. I have had it with these motherfucking Fleftic youth teams losing in the motherfucking Round of 16 of the motherfucking Di Bradini Cup.” I did get permission from by bosses here at the Concord Heights Times, and regular beat writer Chelsea Dufresne before quoting that with the expletives included. My professors would have wanted that omitted, but hey, they aren’t editing this article. That comment sickens me not because of the language, but because of the attitude of a respected journalist towards youth players in his country. That is PRECISELY the reason Cassadaigua left the Di Bradini Cup. The expectations of success over the real purpose of the tournament, which is youth development. That comment made me want to interview CASE President Taylor Connolly, but I am sure she would absolutely agree with me. Right, Taylor?

As I begin to forget about that, and look to start thinking about lacrosse, I was surprisingly recognized by a local here in Kellerville. I think this is the first time I have officially been recognized out of Cassadaigua, and it was a little weird, but I was honored at the same time. He was a middle-aged man, who proclaims himself as one of Baker Park’s biggest lacrosse fans. I was impressed by his overall knowledge, and he told be a lot of facts about lacrosse in Baker Park that I might not have necessarily asked about, but was interested in learning. He told me he had been following most press releases from countries participating, but was fascinated by our country. The conversation was going well before he hit me with, “Why doesn’t Cassadaigua have any men on their team? I thought your nation was making progress, and your men’s team won a tournament right here before in soccer.” As an intern for a media outlet, I have no idea why that is the case, but I told him that we have selected the best lax players in the country, and it just so happened that they were all women. He did not really seem to buy that, and went on about how our nation isn’t really making the progress that we claim we are in regards to men’s rights. I had to explain to him that I don’t really get myself involved in all of that, and the conversation mellowed out afterwards. Thankfully.

Back to lacrosse, the final score of the Northwest Kalactin game was 12-5, and like the first game, we dictated the pace of the game throughout, jumping out to a 5-0 lead. Kalactin did close to 5-3 at one point, but never got any closer. Cassie Wheeler was our leading scorer in this game with four goals. Jessica Crockett added three, Alyssa Mosley had a pair, and single goals were scored by Katie Stewart, Samantha Poole, and Lauren Schmitt. Defender Kayla Newton left the game at halftime with an apparent leg injury, but am told that it was just a bruise, and she will return to the lineup against Abanhfleft.
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm

MOE ON SPORT

WLC Day 5: Heading for Home

Moe Carlton
The Daily Mail Sport Columnist

We're down to the penultimate day in the group stage of WLC XXXI, and that means it's time to start sorting out who's going to be advancing to the knockout rounds.

The crack staff at MoS Redeach HQ, i.e. me looking at the tables, have run through the scenarios for every group.

Group A: aside from Bolgano's opening day defeat of St Saratoga, there really hasn't been much more drama here. The Saints will face off against BP at the MSE with the victor likely to end up finishing top of the standings. The Bolganians still have a pretty good shot to go through either as the runner up or one of the third placed sides; if they do the double over Natanians & Nosts, it's hard seeing them not moving on.

Group B: The Lochario-Lashkania game on MD1 seems a long time ago for those two teams; Lochario came away 9-5 winners in Lima, but that remains their only win so far here, while the debutantes have taken their last three games, including a 9-7 thriller over Cosumar, which left the two teams in a tie for top spot in the group. Hard to imagine that Xanneria or Lochario will sweep their final two games to join in the fight.

Group C: Nothing but chalk here, as Qasden and Banija--who you might recall co-hosted the Baptism of Fire we competed in--are already through; the Banijans have yet to lose and the Qads (who we note have a spiffy new flag) have a chance to avenge their only defeat on the final day. Regardless of the outcome of Qasden & South St Maarten the top 2 are set. Hard to see a third place team coming from this group.

Group D: Sarzonia have recovered from losing their first two matches to get right back in the chase, and thanks to Huri de Wintre's win over West Phoenicia, it's a three way battle, as the Stars and Dardevils will face off on MD 5. West Phoenicia is still adjusting to playing without their leading scorer Raj Kik, who was involved in a hit & run incident following the nation's 9-8 win over Shatla at the Princess Helena Park, which is under investigation by agents from the CID, NPS and Section 2B of the National Guard.

Group E: Vangaziland is through as they are 4 points ahead Velestria in 2nd.

Group F: Cassadaigua is also perfect so far and is safely into the knockout rounds, while it looks as though Abanhfleft will come in second.

So there you have it, bye for now.

Moe on Sport appears twice a week in The Daily Mail and every other week in The Mail on Sunday
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:32 pm

And Welcome to Day 5! Here's the Cutoff...

group winner
qualified for knockouts
still possible to qualify
eliminated

St Saratoga 15–6 Baker Park
Bolgano 4–12 Natanians & Nosts

Group A Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 St Saratoga 5 4 1 70 51 +19 8
2 Baker Park 5 3 2 66 52 +14 6
3 Bolgano 5 2 3 48 64 −16 4
4 Natanians & Nosts 5 1 4 49 66 -17 2

Lochario 4–10 Cosumar
Lashkania 9–8 Xanneria

Group B Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Lashkania 5 4 1 58 40 +18 8
2 Cosumar 5 4 1 69 22 +47 8
3 Xanneria 5 1 4 28 67 −39 2
4 Lochario 5 1 4 35 61 −26 2

Terre Septentrionale 5–9 Qasden
Banija 9–3 South St Maarten

Group C Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Banija 5 5 0 54 25 +29 10
2 Qasden 5 4 1 74 38 +36 8
3 South St Maarten 5 1 4 38 62 −24 2
4 Terre Septentrionale 5 0 5 23 64 −41 0

Shatla 7–3 Huri de Wintre
Sarzonia 12–17 West Phoenicia

Group D Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 West Phoenicia 5 4 1 66 51 +15 8
2 Sarzonia 5 2 3 47 52 −5 4
3 Shatla 5 2 3 32 36 −4 4
4 Huri de Wintre 5 2 3 36 42 −6 4

Velestria 10–11 Vangaziland
Pius Desurongcrandis 4–11 Busoga Islands

Group E Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Vangaziland 5 5 0 60 28 +32 10
2 Velestria 5 2 3 44 54 −10 4
3 Busoga Islands 5 2 3 37 43 −6 4
4 Pius Desurongcrandis 5 1 4 38 54 −16 2

E Tennessee Smoky Mtns 7–8 Northwest Kalactin
Abanhfleft 6–8 Cassadaigua

Group F Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Cassadaigua 5 5 0 64 29 +35 10
2 Abananhfleft 5 3 2 55 36 +19 6
3 Northwest Kalactin 5 2 3 42 55 −13 4
4 E Tennessee Smoky Mtns 5 0 5 24 65 −41 0
Last edited by Commonwealth of Baker Park on Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:03 am

West Phoenician Daredevils cinch first place in their pool after win against Sarzonia. Sardinia tried to reach for the stars but fell short as West Phoenicia not only beat them 17-12, but they also had the highest number of goals scored for round 5.

West Phoenician fans were outnumbered by Sarzonia fans at the Franz Braddock Stadium in Woodstock, but that did not stop the Daredevils from charging the field with a determination to win.
The win has also shown the other nations that West Phoenicia did not just have to rely on Raj Kik to get the job done. While Vic Murphy has proven to be a good substitute, he is not showing the same fire as Raj Kik and the Daredevils may need to hold try outs sooner than expected.

It is now a battle for second spot in the pool. Sarzonia will need to beat Huri de Wintre and
Shatla will need to lose againt West Phoenicia for them to stand a chance, otherwise it will get messy as all other teams are on two wins and three loses.

Team Manager Sunny Singh said he was relieved of the win, West Phoenicia can now sit back and watch the other three teams right out the right to progress.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:20 am

DISCLAIMER: Gaelic Gamers is an independents sports blogging website created by four cousins with a common liking and passion for sports of all kinds and is in no way or form affiliated with or organized by any official news organization in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. All statements and opinions posted here are our own and not anyone else's.

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Lacrosse Lamentations (Live)
with Aisling Keane

14:35 - Hello? Is this thing on? Of course it is. Just getting this out here to let you know that we're about to go live.

14:45 - All right, time to get out of here to get to the stadium before everyone else. Sure, there'll be some other folks out there who had the same idea as me, but still, better get going while the going's good, right?

14:55 - Okay, arrived safely at the stadium yet again. Once again, security is tight but not overbearing. Tix right up front and center. It'll be like watching the game on TV. A very big flat screen TV. Let's do this Amazons!

15:20 - Forty minutes to go and so far there have been only a handful of Flefts here with me. Meanwhile, the pink wall is already up and running. This should be fun. :p

15:25 - Cousin Graham just sent me an article from the Concord Heights Times talking about him. This should be a fun read.

15:30 - Oh wow.

15:35 - Okay, that wasn't actually the least bit fun. But not in that way. For a reputable news source, you'd think that the Concord Heights Times would actually fact-check if we were actually journalists or not. Sure, writer's an intern, but even then... Fact-check and double-check your fact-checking, guys! I can already smell the rebuttal from Cousin Graham cooking. Just hope being called a "respected journalist" doesn't get to his head.

15:37 - JICYMI Cousin Graham is not a journalist. Neither am I. Neither is anyone else who is even semi-regular with Gaelic Gamers. Goddammit, now we need disclaimers for every single thing we publish.

15:45 - Typical Flefts and our Fleftic time. Our fans only streaming into the stadium now. Then again what else was I expectin?

15:50 - Teams are out on the field now. National anthems coming soon after.

15:58 - Nothing like a good national anthem to pump you up! But PSA to the person three rows up from me, throwing your drinks away is not the proper way to end the anthem! Just so you know.

16:01 - Claude Dematteo and Katie Stewart are stepping up to the X. We're that much closer to the game. I know who I'm rooting for. Do you?

16:02 (0 min 1st) - And FACE-OFF! And it's Stewart who wins possession for Cassadaigua, and the game is on! Let's fucken go Amazons!

16:05 (3 min 1st) - For fucks sake Alphin. Cross checking? Really? In the WLC? How TF are you still playing for the Marshals?

16:06 (4 min 1st) - Well that's it. First blood Cassadaigua, taking advantage of the man-up and Jessica Crockett slips it past Jurtanek. Cass 1-0 Fleft.

16:07 (5 min 1st) - Andre Alphin is back on the field. Personally I would have replaced him but I'm not the coach. What do I know about all this, eh?

16:10 (8 min 1st) - Oi ref, Emily Gagnier was so totally warding off Legaspi! Send her to the bin!

16:11 (9 min 1st) - Oh, but when Marinello does it, she goes to the bin without question! Are you kidding me?

16:12 (10 min 1st) - Cassadaigua scores again. Alyssa Mosley makes it 2-0 to the Fillies. Score Cass 2-0 Fleft.

16:13 (11 min 1st) - Ursula Caithness comes to the field in place of Hildegard Marinello.

16:15 (13 min 1st) - SHOOOOOOOOOT Pearline—fuck, the top of her second toe is in the crease. Goddammit.

16:17 (15 min 1st) - And that's the end of the first quarter. Cassadaigua leads Abanhfleft 2-0. I need a drink; I've shouted myself hoarse.

16:20 (0 min 2nd) - Just in time for the start of the second quarter! Some substitutions to start us off: Vanderzee for Cordes and Dematteo for Romeo John for Abanhfleft, and Dolan for Schmitt and Chandler for Wheeler. Don't expect all of this to stick, especially Dematteo. Can't believe I've only just noticed that Dematteo is being used as a FOGO in the WLC.

16:22 (2 min 2nd) - Not again, Andre Alphin. This isn't the LLA, guy. You won't get away with stuff here that you can get away with back home. God, I know putting him in the side was a mistake to begin with.

16:23 (3 min 2nd) - And of course Cassadaigua take advantage. Crockett scores her second and the Fillies' third after yet another man-up situation. Cass 3-0 Fleft.

16:24 (4 min 2nd) - CRAAAAAAAAAAP CRAPCRAPCRAPCRAP. Alphin is back on the field once again and at the same time Rebecca Chandler scores. Cass 4-0 Fleft.

16:26 (6 min 2nd) - Everyone on the Fleftic side of the stadium has gone stone quiet while the Dagans are singing in full force. Looks like this won't be as tight as the last game.

16:30 (10 min 2nd) - Finally! Emily Gagnier finally gets called on her warding off! I shall praise the referee for being consistent. Consistently inconsistent, that is.

16:31 (11 min 2nd) - YEEEEEAAAAAH GET IN THERE ARMANDO! Lachance finally breaks through to score Abanhfleft's first goal of the game. I know it's pretty much impossible to get shutouts in lacrosse but you can't prevent the doubt creeping in as the minutes tick by. Not aynmore though! Cass 4-1 Fleft.

16:32 (12 min 2nd) - Aaaaand of course Alphin has to ruin the good vibes with yet another slash.

16:35 (15 min 2nd) - And that's the end of the second quarter. This has been a strange game so far, to say the least. Not a lot of chances for both teams. At the start it looked like Cassadaigua might run away with it but Abanhfleft has clawed their way back. Now to actually overhaul that two-goal deficit. It's either tougher or easier than you think. Halftime score: Cassadaigua 4-1 Abanhfleft.

16:40 - Some more thoughts about this game: Andre Alphin is a walking liability, full stop. I don't care that he's among the top defensemen in the LLA for the past two seasons; he's still playing like he's in the LLA. We let fly a lot of things over here, things that the LLA would come down on like a ton of bricks. And he's been playing like that the last few games, only being a whisker away from actually getting suspended for the next game (or the next few). Someone really, really needs to have a sitdown with him and tell him how things are here. Or else sub him off for someone else, preferably someone who actually knows how to play as a WLC-level defenseman.

16:45 - Well, bugger me with a fish fork. Alphin is still here. Oh, I am so done.

16:46 (0 min 3rd) - And we're off with another face-off. This time Dematteo wins it, and just like that his involvement with the Amazons, for this particular passage of play at least, is over.

16:47 (1 min 3rd) - FUCK YEAH GET IN THERE! Pearline Cordes finally gets her name on the scoresheet and this game is so much closer than it was at the start of the second half! Cass 4-2 Fleft.

16:50 (4 min 3rd) - Jesus mother-effin Christ... Andre Alphin, why do you trouble me so? It's his fourth personal foul with an illegal body check on Cassie Wheeler. I don't understand you, man. Are you intentionally trying to get suspended? Makes you wonder how we're only 4-2 down at the moment.

16:53 (7 min 3rd) - Aaaand there it is. Samantha Poole scores in between Jurtanek's legs. Cass 5-2 Fleft.

16:56 (10 min 3rd) - Lots of back and forth but so far both goalies have held up pretty well. Yeah, even ours. Surprise!

16:58 (12 min 3rd) - Yes yes yes come on come on come on COME ON! Tomiko Legaspi scores an absolute scorcher! That one almost tore the net off! Whoo! Can we get some flaming hot emojis up in here? Cass 5-3 Fleft.

17:00 (14 min 3rd) - Well, shit. This is getting a bit embarrassing. Alyssa Mosley scores her second goal of the game. Hannah Jurtanek tried to block it but it still went in. Oh, well. Cass 6-3 Fleft.

17:01 (15 min 3rd) - Thus endeth quarter three of four. It's an exciting and fun game if you're a Dagan, but if you're a Fleft, Especially if you're watching the likes of Andre Alphin playing. It's enough to make you want to claw your eyes out. The score after three quarters: Cassadaigua 6, Abanhfleft 3.

17:04 (0 min 4th) - Okay, that was hella quick. My body is not ready!

17:06 (2 min 4th) - Wait what the fuck? HFS that was quick! Pearline Cordes with the quick goal! Maybe there is some hope to be had after all! Cassadaigua 6, Abanhfleft 4.

17:11 (5 min 4th) - JESUS EFFING CHRIST THIS JUST WON'T STOP!!!1 Tomiko Legaspi jumps right over the Dagan defenders and literally throws the ball into the goal over everyone's heads! The comeback is not only back on the menu, boys and girls; it's in stock and being served red hot! Cassadaigua 6, Abanhfleft 5.

17:14 (8 min 4th) - Okay, things have calmed down a bit. But I'd say that we have the momentum in our favor at the moment. Shit, even Alphin isn't messing this up. Fuck, now I've jinxed it.

17:16 (10 min 4th) - DON'T COUNT US OUT JUST YET PEOPLE OF THE MULTIVERSE!!1!!1!! Armando Lachance with the wizardry and trickery to tie this game up! Yeah baby! This is what I'm talking about with Fleftic resiliency! Cassadaigua 6, Abanhfleft 6.

17:17 (11 min 4th) - Oh, for fuck's sake, Andre Alphin!

17:18 (12 min 4th) - And Jessica Crockett has scored again. Cassadaigua 7, Abanhfleft 6.

17:19 (13 min 4th) - Finally, finally, finally, Alphin is off the field for good. Ebdelkader has been brought in, and he looks like he's here to stay.

17:20 (14 min 4th) - Jessica Crockett scores her fourth goal of the game. Cassadaigua 8, Abanhfleft 6.

17:21 (15 min 4th) - It's over. It's finally over. Thank you Lord for finally releasing me and my mortal body from this earth's misery.

17:25 - Okay, let me just wait for the main body of fans to leave and then we'll talk.

17:32 - Nope, still too many people.

17:36 - It's the hope. It's the literal hope that kills you. We had the comeback in the bag. And we would've won too if it weren't for that meddling Andre Alphin, playing LLA-style in the WLC. But here it is. Final confirmation of the score (as if you needed it): Cassadaigua 8, Abanhfleft 6. Remember, there's still a game against Northwest Kalactin tomorrow so there's still some live Lacrosse Lamentations. Hopefully it won't be as up and down as this one. Ciao from Kellerville.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

St Saratoga
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 22, 2010

Saints clinch Group A with 15-6 Win over Baker Park

Postby St Saratoga » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:09 pm

Rogerbei Times - Sports
"The most reliable news source in Saratoga."

Saints clinch Group A with 15-6 Win over Baker Park, moving onto knockout stages.

Cost: K$ 1.50

WLC 31 -- All is due to Saints goaltender Alexander Atkins who started off the World Lacrosse Classic 31 allowing 16 goals from Bolgano to only allowing 15 goals against in the final two games of the Group Stage to help the Saints clinch Group A in Game 5. The Saints will then head into the knockout stages with one of the top seeds in the classic.

It all came down to game five of Group A, the WLC 31 hosts Baker Park was fighting to have a chance a clinching Group A for the better knockout stage seed, all they have to do was beat the Saratogan Saints who were coming off of a revenge win against Bolgano. Their goaltender, Atkins, was struggling for the part of the classic when it came to high pressure, consistent shots on goal. Atkins achilleas heal was letting up the rebound which almost always added up to a goal.
The Saints, defended by Atkins, was struggling to get a retooled team into world tournament condition. Game five came off of demoralizing upset, then two close victories. After some late-night practicing with the team goaltending coach who was a former Saints goalie as well, Atkins got something going. The Saints came into game five with a goalie who had just found a way to rebound.

With the pre-game festivities concluded, the Saints who dawned white tops with navy blue bottoms & helmets came out aggressively. Baker Park national team and fans seems to have been caught off-guard with the determination of the Saints to clinch the group. By the end of the 5th minute of play, the Saints were up 3 – 0. That Baker Park zero wouldn’t last long then quickly striking back to make the score 2 – 3 for them. This is when the Saints goaltender Atkins came took the next step of his career. Atkins, with devout support of the defender in front of him, would fight off some very complex attacks by the host nation forwards. The half would end with a score of 10-4 with the Saints dead set on ending any hope of the host nations here.

“He was awesome, you could see it in Alex’s eyes that he was determined to prove that he was better than his performance showed at the beginning of the tournament. I think he needed to do it for himself as much as our team needed him to take the step. I’m proud of him” stated Former Saints Goalie and current Coach William Malone.
The Second half the Saints would run away with it. Rookie Forward Mickey Wright would break the Saratogan Lacrosse National Team record for goals scored in the WLC with his 15th goal. His professional team coach from back home was in attendance scouting out his newest addition to the team and can be assumed he left satisfied. The Saints forward core did struggle with penalties still which continue to be the weakness of this team. By the final horn sounding, the score was 15 – 6 as the Saints national team rushed their starting victors in the field.

Your Saints are Group A winners and will go on to play a yet-to-be-determined opponent on the first day of the knockout stage. Saints still face Natanians and Nost in group stage day six. Natanians and Nost, who have been eliminated from the knockout stage, toped Bolgano in a much-needed victory for the team who was fighting to avoid being knocked out of the tournament winless. Their national team are now looking to come put a damper on the Saints before they enter the knockout stage, they will be facing the Saints backups with the starters being rested for a few days. Standing and scores are listed below:

St Saratoga 15–6 Baker Park
Bolgano 4–12 Natanians & Nosts

1 St Saratoga 5 4 1 70 51 +19 8
2 Baker Park 5 3 2 66 52 +14 6
3 Bolgano 5 2 3 48 64 −16 4
4 Natanians & Nosts 5 1 4 49 66 -17 2

Outside of Group A , Cassadaigua (Group F), Vangaziland (Group E) and West Phoenicia (Group D) have all also clinched their groups and will be moving onto the knockout stages of WLC 31. Group C has undefeated Banija (5-0) facing Qasden (4-1) to clinch the higher seed, same situation with Lashkania and Cosumar in Group B.

Remaining Group Stage Schedule:
MD6: Saints Vs Natanians & Nost at Lions Stadium, Lima BP

Jim Halpert
Senior Sports Reporter
Rogerbei Times - Sports
Last edited by St Saratoga on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Appearances:
  • World Baseball Classic 41, 47
  • World Cup of Hockey 34, 38, 39, 40, 47
  • World Lacrosse Championship 21, 28, 31, 33, 34
  • Independent Cup: 17
Best Results:
  • World Baseball Classic: Group Stage
  • World Cup of Hockey: Group Stage
  • World Lacrosse Championship: 3rd Place (28), 1st Place (31)
  • Independent Cup: N/A
For Sports Lovers: http://jim-nielsen.com/teamcolors/

Tortured & Defeated Minnesota Sports Fan

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:32 pm

it's the last day of group play...time to see who is leaving the Commonwealth (we'll miss you, honest! Thanks for coming!!)
CutOff!

group winner
runner up

Baker Park 15–9 Bolgano
Natanians & Nosts 4–12 St Saratoga

1 St Saratoga 6 5 1 82 55 +27 10
2 Baker Park 6 4 2 81 61 +20 8
3 Bolgano 6 2 4 57 79 −22 4
4 Natanians & Nosts 6 1 5 53 78 -25 2

Cosumar 26–8 Lashkania
Xanneria 5–9 Lochario

Group B Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Cosumar 6 5 1 95 30 +65 10
2 Lashkania 6 4 2 66 66 0 8
3 Lochario 6 2 4 44 66 −22 4
4 Xanneria 6 1 5 33 76 −43 2

Qasden 13–8 Banija
South St Maarten 10–13 Terre Septentrionale

Group C Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Qasden 6 5 1 87 46 +41 10
2 Banija 6 5 1 62 38 +24 10
3 South St Maarten 6 1 5 48 75 −27 2
4 Terre Septentrionale 6 1 5 36 74 −38 2
Qasden ahead of Banija on head to head goal difference

Huri de Wintre 11–8 Sarzonia
West Phoenicia 10–1 Shatla

Group D Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 West Phoenicia 6 5 1 76 52 +24 10
2 Huri de Wintre 6 3 3 47 50 −3 6
3 Sarzonia 6 2 4 55 63 −8 4
4 Shatla 6 2 4 33 46 −13 4

Vangaziland 14–9 Pius Desurongcrandis
Busoga Islands 7–16 Velestria

Group E Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Vangaziland 6 6 0 74 37 +37 12
2 Velestria 6 3 3 60 61 −1 6
3 Busoga Islands 6 2 4 44 59 −15 4
4 Pius Desurongcrandis 6 1 5 47 68 −21 2

Group F
Northwest Kalactin 9–9 Abanhfleft (10–11 OT)
Cassadaigua 13–9 E Tennessee Smoky Mtns

Group F Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Cassadaigua 6 6 0 77 38 +39 12
2 Abanhfleft 6 4 2 66 46 +20 8
3 Northwest Kalactin 6 2 4 52 66 −14 5
4 E Tennessee Smoky Mtns 6 0 6 33 78 −45 0

Playoff seeding
1  Cassadaigua                 6  0   77  38 +39   12
2 Vangaziland 6 0 74 37 +37 12
3 Cosumar 5 1 95 30 +65 10
4 Qasden 5 1 87 46 +41 10
5 St Saratoga 5 1 82 55 +27 10
6 West Phoenicia 5 1 76 52 +24 10

7 Banija 5 1 62 38 +24 10
8 Baker Park 4 2 81 61 +20 8
9 Abanhfleft 4 2 66 46 +20 8
10 Lashkania 4 2 58 40 +18 8
11 Velestria 3 3 60 61 −1 6
12 Huri de Wintre 3 3 47 50 −3 6

13 Northwest Kalactin 2 4 52 66 −14 5
14 Sarzonia 2 4 55 63 −8 4
15 Shatla 2 4 33 46 -13 4
16 Busoga Islands 2 4 44 59 -15 4
17 Bolgano 2 4 57 79 −22 4

First Round Playoff

St Saratoga vs Huri de Wintre @ University Stadium, Belle Haven (winner to play Qasden)
West Phoenicia vs Velestria @ Marshallton Municipal Stadium (winner to play Cosumar)
Banija vs Lashkania @ Hillsborough Stadium, Belle Haven (winner to play Vangaziland)
Baker Park vs Abanhfleft @ Selvey Commons, Oceana (winner to play Cassadaigua)
Last edited by Commonwealth of Baker Park on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:15 am

The West Phoenician Daredevils have pulled off a 10-1 against Shatla on game six of the World Lacrosse Championships to plant themselves at the top of their grouping with 5 wins and 1 loss.
In a shock reaction Huri de Wintre and not Sarzonia took second place with their 11-8 win.
The position has allowed the Daredevils to progress to the first round play offs where they will come up against Velestria at the Marshallton Municipal Stadium. A win against Velestria will see West Phoenicia hit the quarter finals, whichwill be a major win for the team seeing bow tbey have only ever reached the first round play offs.

Manager Sunny Singh said, "The Daredevils are in top form at these championships. They won a silver medal in the Demostration events in men's lacrosse at the last Summer Olympic and it has engrained a new found confidence in the team. Raj Kik being forced out was a slap in the face to the team who relied on his goal scoring skills to win the day, with him out other players have stepped up and overall every win has been a team effort. I don't want to jinx the first round play offs, but we have a great chance to beat the opposition and progress to the quarter-finals where they will take on Cosumar."

Sports analysts are saying results are too close to call, while West Phoenicia has been playing some brilliant matches Cosumar has a cleaner history of winning in Lacrosse and they will most likely defeat the Daredevils.

In other sporting news West Phoenicia is gearing up for the World Aquatics Championship. West Phoenicia has filed a team roster where the world will see some familiar faces as well as some new up and comers who are using the World Aquatics Championship as a qualifier for the next Summer Olympic Games. With many seasoned veteran ageing out and moving onto other endeavours West Phoenicia has started day in raising up the next generation of talent.
Last edited by West Phoenicia on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:59 pm

Back Home

The National Team has been eliminated in the First Round after winning two games in the beginning, they lost 4 consecutive games and sadly our team was eliminated.

"I do not understand how it happened" says the coach of the team although a lot of work went for nothing, all players were under 23 years and expect the next edition is better than this.
Ranking KPB: 95 (8.24)
Trigram: BGN
Titles: Wonder Cup 1, Beconailles (Andres Da Silva)

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:40 am

DISCLAIMER: Gaelic Gamers is an independents sports blogging website created by four cousins with a common liking and passion for sports of all kinds and is in no way or form affiliated with or organized by any official news organization in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. All statements and opinions posted here are our own and not anyone else's.

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Lacrosse Lamentations
with Aisling Keane

So there it is. We're through to the next round of the World Lacrosse Championships. It wasn't the most fun of times getting there (the two losses to Cassadaigua come to mind) but we got there nonetheless. And I bet right now that's the most important thing for us here. Real squeaky-bum-time stuff at the end with Northwest Kalactin. Crap, I was ready to give the team shit if they lost. Thank God they won then, right? Means I can save my voice and curses for when the team loses to some other team in the playoffs. It could very well be Baker Park. Just our luck that we've been drawn against the hosts. That's why I don't like getting second place in the groups. The chances you're gonna get a good to great team in the round of 16 is just that high.

In other news, it looks like the news of this Coalition Lacrosse League have been greatly exaggerated. The APOC Coalition Committee for International Sports (basically the guys that run the Rugby Coalition, the Coalition Rugby League, and the Coalition Olympic team) has basically said that there is no truth to the rumors of a Coalition-wide lacrosse league, mostly because they want to show that they've learned from the fiasco with the RUCT and the Fleftic Rugby Union. Sad that Premiership clubs won't get to play in the RUCT, or so Cousin Graham says.

What else to say? Nothing, that is. If I have the time, I might talk about this second half of the groups. If not, I don't know. I don't plan that far ahead. We'll see.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:25 pm

Memo From The Sports Desk

by J.D. Squane
The Daily Mail Sports Editor

You would normally expect to see Moe on Sport in this spot, but we have given Moe a well deserved vacation. Additionally, we apologize for the previous edition of MoS, where quite frankly, we felt Moe must've been drunk at the time he wrote.

It is clear that Moe was confused about the format of the World Lacrosse Championships, as he wrote of third place teams reaching the knockout phase, which of course is not correct.

All of here in the Sports Department of The Daily Mail apologize to our readers for the confusion that this may have caused, especially all those who have come to the Commonwealth from other nations to follow their team at the WLC. We assure you that this paper has throughout its 133 year history maintained the highest standards of journalism and accurate reporting.

yours, with regards,
J.D Squane
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:35 pm

and....we say farewell to 4 more competitors, who'll be in the last 8? cutoff

Baker Park 9-7 Abanhfleft (scored by Banija)
Baker Park vs Cassadaigua @ Alumni Stadium, Ezriquay

St Saratoga 9–5 Huri de Wintre
St Saratoga vs Qasden @ Ludlow Road Park, Endborough

West Phoenicia 17–9 Velestria
West Phoenicia vs Cosumar @ State College Stadium, Coolville

Banija 11–6 Lashnakia
Banija vs Vangaziland @ Lions Stadium, Lima
Last edited by Commonwealth of Baker Park on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:10 am

The West Phoenician Daredevils have slid into the quarter-finals. With a finishing score of
West Phoenicia 17–9 Velestria, the Daredevils are showing the lacrosse world they are in it to win it.

Marshallton Municipal Stadium was the place to be for West Phoenician and Velestrian fans who travelled so far to watch both teams duke it out in the first round. There was nervous tension in the air, this was usually the point that the Daredevils unfold and let the competition walk over them. The high from pulling in the silver Demostration event medal at the last Summer Olympic was still mich in the minds of players and fans alike.

The Daredevils played a very aggressive game, wanting to drive home the point that they would not lie down and be walked overs that they were going to fight their way to the end. Forwards Jason Loader, Adem Nahmer and Vic Murphy showed once again that the secret to West Phoenician success was in their attack and not their defence.

Team Manager Sunny Singh said after the match that alot of time and effort has been made to building up their forward attack team. As long as we have the be in our side of the field we can control it. It's about keeping it on our side. He said West Phoenician defence was so good and Skipper Brisbane was a great goalkeeper

Sunny Singh did admit the defence was not as strong and solid and that would be something they would focus on off season.

The Daredevils will next take on Cosumar at the State College Stadium, Coolville. West Phoenicians are not as hopefully for a win knowing their opposition will be strong and it is going to be an uphill battle.

"All we can do is play our best and pray they have a bad day,. Reaching quarter-finals has been an amazing victory. We want the dance to continue, our best chance is to play aggessive and keep the opposition out of our defensive areas." Sunny Singh expressed.

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:42 am

Banijan lacrosse makes first Quarterfinal since WLC 25 after 11-6 vicotry against Lashnakia

Israel Bayissa(#23) handles the ball in Banija's Round of 12 game against Lashnakia

LIMA, COMMONWEALTH OF BAKER PARK- The Kingdom of Banija has a storied, if quite distant, history at the World Lacrosse Championships. Quite the statement for a country that has never won the tournament? Of course. But their impact on this stage is undeniable. The Banijans used to be able to call themselves powerhouses in international lacrosse. Their first ever tournament, they had a miracle run to the final, only to be felled by Cosumar at the final hurdle, at the championship game. And then, of course, in the 22nd WLCs, the Banijans went in as favorites. We went to the semifinals at that tournament, and fell for the third time to the tournament’s dominant squad, Abanhfleft. After unfortunate luck in both WLC 23 and 24, they went back to the semifinals in the 25th World Lacrosse Championships, only to fall, once again, to Abanhfleft.

While frustrating days for Banijan lacrosse fans, at least you could hang your hat on this- the Banijans were a perennial contender. After their runs in the 21st and 22nd WLCs, their first two appearances in this tournament, they were always part of the pre-tournament favorites to win the tournament. They never did, of course, but the expectations were high, and the talent on the field was able to match that. Players like Marko Babic led the way for successive Banijan generations. But that WLC 25 loss marked the end of an era, for a squad that had such high expectations, and paved the way for the current, much more disappointing era of Banijan lacrosse.

Something died that day in Old Corcra, when the Fleftic lacrosse team beat the Banijans, 12-9. That is why, even in this sport, Abanhfleft to this day remains Banija’s biggest rival in this sport. And since then, they haven’t won a knockout stage game since. They fell in the Round of 16 at the ensuing championships, when they were felled by Devonta. They got the #1 overall seed after an undefeated group stage run at WLC 28 on home soil, only to fail to a 1-2 Juvencus, on home soil, in a massive upset in the Round of 16. They were eliminated in the group stages on home soil in WLC 29, which led to the end of the Banijan Lacrosse Federation, its absorption by the Olympic Committee of Banija, and a hard reset on this squad.

They lost another 1st round knockout game in WLC 30, falling to Sarzonia at the first hurdle after the group stages. That made it the fourth straight tournament where they had failed advance to the quarterfinals(not including WLC 27, where they did not participate), after making at least the quarterfinals of 4 of the first 5 WLCs that they participated in. But in this tournament, here in Baker Park, things have been different. They brought back most of the squad from the Cassadaigua edition of this tournament, and have been relatively successful. They won 5 of 6 games in the group stages, only falling to a dominant Qasden squad at the end of group play. But remember, Banija beat this strong squad earlier in the tournament, so a successful run.

And so, the opponent in the way of their first trip to the quarterfinals since WLC 25(an eternity ago!) is none other than Vangaziland. They, of course, are a lacrosse powerhouse. Who can forget their run to the final in WLC 28? And look at their performance in this tournament. They finished with the #2 overall seed, and therefore, got a bye from the Round of 12 into the quarterfinal. They finished with a perfect 6-0 record, easily taking care of business in a group with Velestria(who co-hosted WLC 29 with Banija), the Busoga Islands(formerly a part of Banija), and Pius Desurongcrandis.

But first, the true question is- how did we get to this moment? Banija is certainly the underdogs, but at 6-1, we are no slouches, either. We had a strong 11-6 win over Lashnakia in the previous round, our first knockout win at the WLCs since the 25th edition of this tournament. We ran with that game from the get go, taking a 5-0 lead into halftime and never looking back. It was a strong performance, one of the strongest yet from our boys, and now, the quarterfinals are beckoning.

The chance to pull off this upset would be quite epic. It would be a vindication of the actions of the Olympic Committee- it would announce that Banijan lacrosse, rather than just a nice run here, is officially back to compete on the world stage. A semifinal appearance, our fourth total and our first since WLC 25, would be epic. You’re talking about beating the team who won it in Banija, the chance to beat the team who got 3rd place at the last tournament, and whose colony are the two-time defending champs in world lacrosse?

The implications are massive. But these players aren’t intimidated. Many of them welcome the prospect and the opportunity, following that ‘to be the best, you have to beat the best’ mentality. Can the Banijans have a historic win Lima, and get to the semifinals? The pretenders have separated from the contenders- there are only 8 teams remaining in lacrosse’s premier tournament. Who will win? Who will fall? We’ll find out tonight, on public television, whether the Vannish Empire’s reign atop the international lacrosse world will continue, or if Banija will slay this giant tonight.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:47 pm

Let's See who will be the Final Four, shall we?

Cutoff!

Cassadaigua 13–2 Baker Park

Qasden 2–19 St Saratoga

Vangaziland 8–22 Banija

Cosumar 10–14 West Phoenicia

Semi-Finals
@ Sportsmen's Park, Belle Haven

Cassadaigua vs St Saratoga

Banija vs West Phoenicia
Last edited by Commonwealth of Baker Park on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:07 am

State College Stadium, Coolville,

Tears of joy flowed down the faces of West Phoenician fans and the Daredevils players after a tight game between Cosumar that the West Phoenicians thought they would not win.
The number 3 ranked Cosumar was the favourite to win by many West Phoenician Sports reporters, sport bloggers and betting agencies.
It had taken West Phoenicia a few championships to climb up the ranks to the 11th spot but it was an intimidating moment coming face to face with a team that has 9 medals to their name in lacrosse; three of those being gold medals.

"It was definitely a David vs Goliath moment as we took the field. We knew it was going to be a tough battle beating a higher ranked team with some much history with lacrosse, Defender Scott Mare said. "My heart was racing, my blood was pumping and my heart was telling me let's get out there and play a great game. Win or lose we were here for our fans."

Cosumar was quick to get the game started scoring the first goal within two minutes after Hazel Cathclove outmanuvered the Daredevils defenders. It would be another four minutes for Hazel Carhclove to capture the ball and storm passed the defence once again.

Too fans in the audience it looked as if this was going to be the way the whole game would play out, but The Daredevils were quick to adjust. And it wasn't before Vic Murphy, Adem Nahmer and Jason Loader took charge, they stampede across the defence of the Cosumar Azure Dragons, Adem Nahmer outwittedthe opposition goalkeeper Jace Olson to score the first goal for West Phoenicia.

It was a back and forth game for two of the quarters where Cosumar led 7-6. Cosumar was able to gain an early goal at the start of the third, but it was than that West Phoenicia appeared to have gained the upper hand, by passing their opponents to score 8 goals within the last two quarters to Cosumar's 3 goal.

Players were stunned believing at first, believing the scores to be reversed, but the wild jumping up and down in celebration by Sunny Singh was enough for the players to realise they had won the day.

The West Phoenician Daredevils will next take on the talents of the Kingdom of Banija, a team that has sailed through this championship and who West Phoenicia will need to beat to reach the finals.
Last edited by West Phoenicia on Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

St Saratoga
Chargé d'Affaires

Saints advance to the WLC 31st Semi-Finals!

Postby St Saratoga » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:43 pm

Rogerbei Times - Sports

The Saints upset #5 Qasden Blue-Reds in Quarterfinal matchup!

WLC 31 -- The Saints are advancing to the semi-finals of the World Lacrosse Classic 31st after upsetting #5 Qasden in a lopsided quarterfinal victory. This matchup came as the biggest test for Goalie Alexander Atkins who is solidifying himself as the goaltender for the future for the Saints. Saints set their sights on getting to the WLC championship with a semi-final matchup against No. 20 Cassadaigua standing in the way.

The Saints came into their quarterfinal matchup against the #5 Blue-Reds knowing this would be the biggest hurdle of the tournament so far. Qasden came into the knockout stage first in Group C with a 5-1 record after winning a huge game against #9 Banija. The Saints and Blue-Reds have never faced off before so this would be the first time each team played each other. The top 10 battle between these two teams set the stage for one of the top matchups of the day for the Quarterfinals.

The quarterfinal started off with an exciting start for the Saints, Wright lost the opening faceoff but quickly were able to win back the ball and started scoring early. The opposing teams would continue to feel each other out throughout the first half with some cautious play and poor penalties. Most of the shots in this half were fairly simple for the goaltender to follow and stop. The Saints in the later half the first finally gains their grip and started scoring, this scoring wouldn’t stop for the rest of the game. The Saints would end the half up 7 – 1 on the Blue-Reds.

The second half wouldn’t bare much better Qasden, as the Saints continue to dominate all aspects of play in the second half. The Blue-Red offense became increasingly aggressive to try to even the game out but the Saints defense would not allow them that opportunity. The Saints defense would only allow one goal in final half of the game while increasing their lead to 19 – 2. The Saints would top #5 Qasden to advance to the Semi-Finals of the World Lacrosse Championships 31st. Atkins continued to be the comeback MVP for St Saratoga.

Outside of the Qasden-Saints Matchup, the other major upsets came with Banjia upsetting #2 Vangaziland with a score of 22 to 8 then West Phoencia edging #3 Cosumer 14 to 10. With those both Vangaziland and Cosumer being eliminated the Saints became the favorites to win the championship of the WLC.

Next up for the Saints is 20th ranked Cassadaigua. The Dagans are currently undefeated so far in the WLC 31st after earning their top seed in Group F over Abanahfleft. The Dagans had a first round bye before facing off against Baker Park. Now they are looking to take on the unrested Saints in the semi-finals with a ticket to the championship round on the line.

Remaining Schedule:
Semi-Finals: Saints Vs Cassadaigua
3rd Place: Losers of both Semi-Finals Games
Finals: Saints or Cassadaigua Vs Banija or West Phoenicia

Jim Halpert
Senior Sports Reporter
Rogerbei Times - Sports
Last edited by St Saratoga on Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Appearances:
Best Results:

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:43 pm

History will be written in Baker Park as Banija reach first semifinal in 18 years

Players celebrate a goal in the WLC Quarterfinals

BELLE HAVEN, COMMONWEALTH OF BAKER PARK- There will be a new champion crowned at the World Lacrosse Championships. Now, of course, we knew this going into the tournament- the two-time defending champions, Wrexwic, did not even enter the WLCs this time around, not making the effort at what would certainly be a historic threepeat. Now, of course, not only will there be a new champion- it is guaranteed that there will be a first time champion in WLC 31. That is right- after our own statistical team looked into the WLC Medal Table, they realized something very fascinating. None of the semifinalists had ever won it all at this tournament before, setting up a unique final quartet.

That unique will make these semifinals all the more fun. All four teams and fanbases will be converging on the Baker Park capitol, Belle Haven, in what is certainly going to have an international flavor. All four fanbases, all of whom who have come close to winning before, believing that this is finally their year. And all four teams with the understanding and realization that not only is this the best chance for any of them to win a title, but an opportunity like this, a semifinal without a true lacrosse blue blood remaining, is quite possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity. Everybody understands the stakes- and when you lay it out like we have, you are set for some real fireworks in Belle Haven tomorrow night.

Now, of course, just because none of these teams have lifted the trophy, doesn't mean that it's their first rodeo. In fact, most of these teams have been decorated in this sport before. Cassadaigua earned a bronze medal all the way back in the very early days of this tournament, in the 3rd edition of the WLCs. St. Saratoga will be familiar to Banijan fans, as they earned a bronze medal in Banija in the 28th WLCs. And Banija, of course, has medaled three times at this tournament, a silver at WLC 21 followed by bronze medals at WLC 22 and WLC 25. It is only Banija's opponent, West Phoenicia, who has not medaled at this tournament before- but they should not be underestimated. If anything, that's an extra motivator for a squad that surely isn't short of motivation right now.

Where does this place Banija? Well, of course, out of the four teams, the Banijans are the only ones who did not win their group. We started 5-0 in the group stages, but ultimately, were bested by Qasden on the final game of the group stages. Our southwestern neighbors, of course, had a dominant group stage, though they fell in the quarterfinals at the first hurdle in the knockout stages. And if you talk about how the teams got here, and who would be the favorite based on play? These semifinals are as close as ever, but probably the early favorite would have to be Cassadaigua- they haven't lost a game at this tournament, earning the tournament's #1 overall seed with 7 wins in 7 games played. They're also the only ones left who played just 7 games, as St. Saratoga, West Phoenicia, and Banija all played in the Round of 12, while Cassadaigua will be more well rested.

All four nations are competing fiercely to win their first championship. Now that we've established Cassadaigua as the favorites, where does that leave the Banijans? While Cassadaigua are favorites, due to their perfect record and an extra crucial couple days of rest, Banija has as good of a chance as anyone in what is certainly a wide open field. We impressed against the Vannish, besting the previously undefeated squad by 14 goals- from the same nation that eviscerated the Banijans in the IBC semifinals just last year.

Of course, we have a history with West Phoenicia. Remember the last Olympic Games? The true beginning of the resurrection of Banijan lacrosse, after the debacle of WLC 29. A strong group stage and a solid quarterfinal win saw us reach the semifinals of the demonstration event, but we were felled once again by, guess who? West Phoenicia. That makes, of course, three consecutive major semifinals (WLC 22, WLC 25, XIII Olympiad) where the team has fallen. Many of the veterans from this team remember that, and the opportunity for revenge is calling.

Who will win this one? Will it be the Banijans, exacting revenge for the previous Olympiad? Or will it be West Phoenicia, triumphing over Banija once again and becoming a nation, much like Abanhfleft, who remains too strong an obstacle for the Banijans to overcome to finally reach the pinnacle of this sport? It's going to be hard to predict, and because of that, we won't offer a prediction. All we can tell you to do, is tune into public television, and watch our boys. After years of trying, we're finally elite at lacrosse again. Let's take this opportunity and get to the final in Belle Haven! As always, go Banija!
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:52 pm

OOC: due to technical difficulties--namely no WiFi in this God-forsaken summer resort town I'm in--the semi-finals will be scored sometime tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvienence.
Last edited by Commonwealth of Baker Park on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:32 pm

As promised, the semi-finals of the 31st World Championships

Cassadaigua 4–9 St Saratoga

Banija 7–9 West Phoenicia

3rd place playoff
Cassadaigua vs Banija

Championship
St Saratoga vs West Phoenicia
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

St Saratoga
Chargé d'Affaires

Saints punch ticket to Championship game!

Postby St Saratoga » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Rogerbei Times - Sports

WLC 31st Championship Preview

WLC 31 -- The Saints are one win away from claiming the World Lacrosse Championship for the first time in franchise history. The closest the Saints came to claim the WLC championship was in the 28th edition where they fell to Vangaziland in a close loss, they ended up taking third in that tournament. Since then the Saints have hovered in the top 10 best teams in the WLC waiting for the right opportunity to strike.

The keys to the Saints toping one of the best teams in the WLC world is their strong netminding and opportunist defense. Goaltender Alex Atkins will need to have the best game of his career tomorrow keep in check the Daredevils explosive offense, he has been hot when he needs to be, but this will be the test if he came find the balance between being motivated and burning himself out. The Saints will also need to rely on their midfielders to regulate the place of play to avoid one side of the field from getting more burnt out than the other.

The Saints offense will need to continue to be the consistent scoring unit they’ve been in the whole knockout stages. Led by Mickey Wright, the Saints offense needs to keep coming up with those critical goals to keep the pressure off defense and Atkins. The Saints forwards also need to work on reducing the amount of careless penalties they take to keep their momentum up. The Saints offense has averaged around 7 goals a game in the tournament so keeping that scoring up will place the pressure on the Daredevils to keep up.

For the Daredevils, they need to continue to keep up their offensive pressure. The less time the Saints forwards have the ball the more likely Atkins is going to finally hit his wall and allow the goals he was giving up in the first parts of the tournament. The Daredevils also need to pressure and shut down Mickey Wright who is on a six-game scoring streak which has had big contributions to the making it this far in the tournament.

The Championship game is going to be one for the record books. Both teams have never won a championship so absolutely everything is on the line for the Saints and Daredevils. Fans from both teams have flooded the airports near the championship site in preparations for the game. Chancellor Jonathan Stewart of St. Saratoga and his Cabinet has flown to Baker Park to view the final matchday of the season. The emotions of this whole tournament will be on full display.

Jim Halpert
Senior Sports Reporter
Rogerbei Times - Sports

OOC: Out of Town at a conference, won't be posting win or runner-up post until likely Monday.
Last edited by St Saratoga on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Appearances:
Best Results:

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:16 am

West Phoenicia has done it! The West Phoenician Daredevils have made the finals after defeating The Kingdom of Banija in a tight competition of 9-7.

With stands filled with loyal fans to watch two deserving teams progress, it was a nail biting game, that had everyone on the edge of their seats. Both teams were dead even going into the last quarter. And as the clock started to wind down Team Manager Sunny Singh wondered if it would go into overtime.
However Adem Nahmer proved his worth as a forward by performing an outstanding face dodge that allowed Nahmer to gain some distance and lodge the ball passed the opposition's goalkeeper.

Crowds jumped to their feet with The Daredevil gaining that one goal lead and wanting to stop Banija from equalling the score. Fans began to scream out Daredevils like a mantra as Vic Murphy gained control of the ball, patching out the opposition he turned a face dodge into a to dodge as his body pivoted around the defenders, slamming the ball it flew passed goal keeper
Malamin Faye. It was at that moment that many fans cheers turned to tears of joy, there would not be enough time for Banija to come back.

With the game over fans and players broke down in tears of making their first World Lacrosse Championship final. Daredevil players shaking hands with their strong opponents who they believed would win the match sending West Phoenicia into the third place at off. But now that would not be.

The Daredevils will now face off against St Saratoga Saints. An almost heaven and hell match up of Saints vs Daredevils.

Fans were quick to line up to purchase tickets for the match wanting to watch a piece of history unfold, two teams who had never won the final before, facing off against each other.
West Phoenician Minister of Sports Maximillian Dogg and other staff from the Ministry of Sports.
Also in attendance to represent the Royal family of The Confederate Empire of West Phoenicia will be Prince Malachi Gryphon- Bush Eupator, eldest son of Emperor Glenton Gryphon-Bush II and the Emperor's second wife Empress Alotta Gryphon-Bush who will be attending with her son and a small contingent of courtiers.
Prince Malachi is an avid lacrosse fans and was goal keeper for his team at high school.

Television ratings for WP Sports are expected to sky rocket and citizens tune it to watch their men play against the St Saratoga Saints, while bookmakers are saying their has been a mad rush to place a bet on the game.

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:55 pm

© Sporting Times Weekend 2022
WLC to decide a Winner tonight
by Logan Sizemore, Staff Writer

The Final of the World Lacrosse Championships is set to take place at Sportsmen's Park, which will see a first time winner regardless of the outcome. St Saratoga and West Phoenicia will square off in the Championship, preceded by Cassadaigua versus Banija in the 3rd Place match.

With the absence of the two times defending champions Wrexric, many expected the competition to be wide open, with any number of teams capable of taking home the trophy.

Both sides overcame obstacles to reach the final game: St Saratoga dropped their opener against newcomers Bolgano and faced Baker Park twice in Group A, but haven't lost again since the first match day, while West Phoenicia have overcome the loss of their top scorer Raj Kik following a hit & run incident.

Excitement from both sides is high, and the both NPS and the Protection Service have come to the aid of Metro PD & Belle Haven County Sheriffs Office to provide adequate security for the influx of VIP's from both nations.
Jonathan Stewart, Chancellor of St Saratoga, along with his Cabinet arrived yesterday, as did West Phoenicia's Minister of Sports, along with The Empress Alotta Gryphon-Bush, consort to the Emperor, with her son, Prince Malachi Gryphon-Bush Eupator. All the dignitaries will have introductions with Thomas Dixon, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs and Hannah Delaney, Secretary of State for the Commonwealth.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Without further ado it's cutoff time!

I want to thank everyone who participated, on behalf of the WLC and Baker Park. It's been my honor to host.

And now for the results:

Banija 16–5 Cassadaigua

West Phoenicia 13–13 St Saratoga (14–15 OT)

Congratulations to the Champions, and to the 3rd placed side, and commiserations to the defeated.
Last edited by Commonwealth of Baker Park on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

St Saratoga
Chargé d'Affaires

Saints claim first championship!

Postby St Saratoga » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Game story coming Monday.
Last edited by St Saratoga on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Appearances:
Best Results:

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports