NATION

PASSWORD

Holy BoF: The Saintland and Free Republics Bid for BoF LXX

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Holy BoF: The Saintland and Free Republics Bid for BoF LXX

Postby Saintland » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:55 am

OOC: no logo yet

Royal Square Garden, St. Petrus, Saintland

King Paulus XVI of Saintland and Prime Minister Samuel Lucchese of the Malifornia Charter Society had invited the press of the entire world to Royal Square Garden in the northern Rushmori nation of Saintland for a major announcement. Numerous publications, tipped off that a major announcement was coming, had sent reporters to cover whatever the announcement was going to be. The press conference began as King Paulus XVI walked onto the stage at Saintland's Most Famous Arena in his full royal regalia.

King Paulus XVI - Welcome to Royal Square Garden. Today is a momentous day in the history of our multiverse as I can now officially announce the long-awaited return of Saintland to the World Cup! While we may not have made it past the Round of 16 in the past, due to the spiritual weakness of many of our ancestors, today we have purified our society with the help of the True Church's Inquisition and we have finally earned God's blessing. Now, I want to bring out captain Alessandro Suedius to introduce the new generation Saintland National Soccer Team to the multiverse!

Suedius came out and the members of the Sanctii National Soccer Team talked for a while, boring the assembled press. Finally, King Paulus XVI walked back up to the podium to speak again.

King Paulus XVI - There you have it. The Saintland National Soccer Team that will win a World Cup for our Kingdom! Now, you may be wondering why I would call the press to Royal Square Garden just to announce my Kingdom's new National Soccer Team will be entering the World Cup. Afterall, it has been many years since Saintland has entered the World Cup and we will be unranked going into qualifying. Well, wait no longer as it is now time to introduce the most famous nun in the multiverse, Sister Maria Polus!

Sister Polus walked out onto the stage and began speaking.

Sister Polus - Hello, I am Sister Maria Polus. I am the Housemistress of Tomlinson House at the Barjavel Academy at Republica, the Instructor in Religious Studies, Deportment and Latin at the Academy and the Headmistress of the Barjavel Junior Academy, Republica Branch. I am joining you today at Royal Square Garden to officially announce that the True Church of Iesus Christus and the Salvation Circle will be financing a bid for the seventieth edition of the Baptism of Fire, entitled Holy BoF! For more details, I turn the floor over to the Prime Minister of the Malifornia Charter Society and a faithful servant of our Lord and Savior Iesus Christus, Mr. Samuel Lucchese!

Mr. Lucchese joined Sister Polus, King Paulus XVI and the Saintland National Soccer Team on the stage.

Samuel Lucchese - Thank you. I'm honored to have the privilege to inform you that we have contracted with the firms Xkoranate and NSFS for scorination services and with Xkoranate alone for its popular "additive" style modification services. We will also be utilizing the popular "roster bonus" and "RP bonus". The bonus, our partners inform us, will be cumulative and will be fair to all styles.

Sister Polus - We will utilize the standard single round robin group stage format followed by the standard knockout format. Currently, we count 31 nations signed up for the BoF. We are willing to work with any number, even if it is not evenly divisible into groups of the same size. For 31 nations, we would utilize 4 groups, three of which would consist of 8 teams and one of which would consist of 7 teams. Should we get to 32, we would use 4 groups of 8. While we would prefer even groups, such as 5 groups of 7 or 6 groups of 6 or 5 groups of 8, we would use uneven groups if necessary to ensure that every eligible nation that wishes to enter the BoF is able to do so. No matter the final group stage format, the knockout rounds would consist of at least 16 teams, with the possibility of play-in matches.

King Paulus XVI - Each group will have the privilege of having a single city's undivided attention to themselves. We envision groups in both St. Petrus and St. Paulus. In the Free Republics, we envision placing at least one group within the Malifornia Charter Society though some groups may unfortunately end up playing in parts of the Free Republics controlled by secular governments that do not operate according to the teachings of Iesus Christus.

Sister Polus - However, all teams will be provided with their own private lodging area free of charge and we will arrange the schedule so that all players will have the opportunity to attend a mass at a local Church of Iesus Christus should they wish to do so. As we do not believe in coercing anybody into embracing God's Truth, teams will also be free to decline the opportunity should they prefer eternal damnation to salvation. (OOC: In other words, it will be up to the RPers whether they choose to have any of their players convert to the True Church. There will be no additional OOC bonuses for doing so and there will be no OOC penalties for not doing so.)

Samuel Lucchese - You may be wondering about the experience of both Saintland and the Free Republics in hosting major events. In the past, the Free Republics have hosted a WBC, 2 World Bowls (one of them with Saintland), a World Cup of Hockey, a Rugby Union World Cup, 2 World Cups (with Legalese and Banija, respectively), a Cup of Harmony (with Falcus) and both the Winter and Summer Olympics plus a number of other smaller tournaments. The Kingdom of Saintland has hosted 2 WBCs, a World Bowl (with the Free Republics), an IBC (with the Royal Kingdom of Quebec), a World Cup of Hockey, Baptism of Fire 59 (with Star United States) and the King Paulus XV Memorial Games, among countless other major events. (OOC: In addition, I also co-hosted another WBC as Ilyseum, with Frenline Delpha as my co-host). The current president of the Olympic Council is from the Free Republics as are former presidents of the World Bowl Assembly and the International Basketball Organization. At one time, there was a Sanctii commissioner of NSCF as well.

King Paulus XVI - At this point, I would like to turn this over to the floor for questions.

Sister Polus - Your majesty, we forgot to mention the tiebreakers. We will be utilizing the standard 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw during the group stage. The tiebreakers will be head to head points, head to head goal difference, overall goal difference, matches won, goals against and finally a coin flip (OOC: A tiebreaker match will be scorinated using the current bonus values as of the end of the group stage to simulate the coin flip).

King Paulus XVI - Then, if we did not forget any other details, I believe we can turn this over to the floor for questions.
Last edited by Saintland on Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Paratan
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Paratan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Ooc: Isn't Saintland Free Republic's puppet? Is this allowed, if so?
Proud member of The Western Isles

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:20 pm

Why are you using 2 different scorinaters
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:39 pm

Northwest Kalactin wrote:Why are you using 2 different scorinaters

My understanding is that when they said "xkoranate and NSFS," they meant they would use xkoranate, specifically the nsfs formula, not that they're actually using both scorinators.
rəswɛsən

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:54 pm

Paratan wrote:Ooc: Isn't Saintland Free Republic's puppet? Is this allowed, if so?

It’s perfectly legal for the BoF, as it isn’t required to have co hosts. It would be illegal for the World Cup.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:01 pm

OOC: Since its not appropriate to respond to either question ICly, this entire post is OOC. I've wanted to do an IC bid for a while in the spirit of the World Cup 54 bid though it just didn't happen for my World Cup 81 bid.

Paratan wrote:Ooc: Isn't Saintland Free Republic's puppet? Is this allowed, if so?

Yes and yes. I refer to section 2.2.2 of the WCC Constitution:

World Cup Committee Constitution wrote:Constitution of the World Cup Committee

2. WCC-Sanctioned events
2.2 The Baptism of Fire
The Baptism of Fire is the first event in the World Cup cycle, being a pre-World Cup tournament for newcomer nations. It is a warm-up event that has continually unearthed the best new nations in world football. And the worst. In fact, all of them, regardless of quality.

2.2.2 Hosting
i) Any nation that has previously participated in a World Cup and is signed up for the current edition of the World Cup may bid to host the BoF.
ii) Two-host bids are the preferred format, though any number of hosts are acceptable.
iii) The EWCC will be directed by the President to vote: a) for one of the offered bids, b) to officially abstain, or c) to re-open the process for new bids.[/blocktext]

While Saintland is unranked as I haven't entered them in a World Cup for a number of cycles and thus would not be allowed to bid for the World Cup ("participated in its most recently completed edition" is the language there), nations can bid to host the BoF if they are "signed up for the current edition of the World Cup". Section 2.2.2 ii) does say that any number of hosts are acceptable.

Now as for why I've included Saintland in the bid, I attempted to find a junior host for the bid (or just any kind of 2nd host) but nobody contacted me so I decided to go ahead with a solo bid rather than further delay this World Cup cycle while we wait another month for somebody to bid for the BoF (this has happened several times in the last few World Cup cycles, as we all know) and I felt that it would be better for the tournament to have 2 host nations rather than 1.

Recuecn wrote:
Northwest Kalactin wrote:Why are you using 2 different scorinaters

My understanding is that when they said "xkoranate and NSFS," they meant they would use xkoranate, specifically the nsfs formula, not that they're actually using both scorinators.

Correct. That was an IC way of saying Xkoranate with the NSFS formula and the xkoranate (additive) style mods.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Paratan
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Paratan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:52 pm

Free Republics wrote:OOC: Since its not appropriate to respond to either question ICly, this entire post is OOC. I've wanted to do an IC bid for a while in the spirit of the World Cup 54 bid though it just didn't happen for my World Cup 81 bid.

Yes and yes. I refer to section 2.2.2 of the WCC Constitution:

World Cup Committee Constitution wrote:Constitution of the World Cup Committee

2. WCC-Sanctioned events
2.2 The Baptism of Fire
The Baptism of Fire is the first event in the World Cup cycle, being a pre-World Cup tournament for newcomer nations. It is a warm-up event that has continually unearthed the best new nations in world football. And the worst. In fact, all of them, regardless of quality.

2.2.2 Hosting
i) Any nation that has previously participated in a World Cup and is signed up for the current edition of the World Cup may bid to host the BoF.
ii) Two-host bids are the preferred format, though any number of hosts are acceptable.
iii) The EWCC will be directed by the President to vote: a) for one of the offered bids, b) to officially abstain, or c) to re-open the process for new bids.[/blocktext]

While Saintland is unranked as I haven't entered them in a World Cup for a number of cycles and thus would not be allowed to bid for the World Cup ("participated in its most recently completed edition" is the language there), nations can bid to host the BoF if they are "signed up for the current edition of the World Cup". Section 2.2.2 ii) does say that any number of hosts are acceptable.

Now as for why I've included Saintland in the bid, I attempted to find a junior host for the bid (or just any kind of 2nd host) but nobody contacted me so I decided to go ahead with a solo bid rather than further delay this World Cup cycle while we wait another month for somebody to bid for the BoF (this has happened several times in the last few World Cup cycles, as we all know) and I felt that it would be better for the tournament to have 2 host nations rather than 1.

Recuecn wrote:My understanding is that when they said "xkoranate and NSFS," they meant they would use xkoranate, specifically the nsfs formula, not that they're actually using both scorinators.

Correct. That was an IC way of saying Xkoranate with the NSFS formula and the xkoranate (additive) style mods.
Cassadaigua wrote:

It’s perfectly legal for the BoF, as it isn’t required to have co hosts. It would be illegal for the World Cup.

Oh alright, thanks for clearing that up.
Proud member of The Western Isles

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports