NATION

PASSWORD

Copa D'Aeia 2019 (closed RP, AEIA ONLY)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lopimina
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lopimina » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:19 am

A dream come true for young star
Young prodigy Marco Freixa fulfills childhood dream by scoring an emphatic hattrick in his first ever Copa match
Youssef Razavian reporting from Lozinetz, Romellea
June 20, 2019

Freixa responds to "Who are you?" chants by Juznik supporters after his first goal

Marco Freixa opens the Qalehi Copa campaign with a bang as he nets three goals in the team's 5-1 victory against Juznia.

Most people expected that the Eagles would come away with a victory in their first match against Juznia, but none expected the star of the show to be 19-year-old Borar left-winger Marco Freixa, of Veleazan heritage. The teen opened his historical match in the opening five minutes as he slotted away a through-ball from Khaledi from just inside the box, sending the Qal'eh supports (as well as himself) into a frenzy. His second goal was a hard strike from 25 yards that glided into the bottom corner, with his third being a easy tap-in from a Qanbari cross.

The Borar winger expressed his excitement and sheer disbelief in a post-match interview with IQH, saying that "this match was everything I had hoped for, and more", and walked into the changing rooms with tears of joy streaming from his face. The historic performance puts him as one of the five players to have scored a Copa hattrick for Qal'eh, and the first since Mohammed Reza Qanbari's four-goal escapade against Dayganistan in 2013. The teen's goals propel him to the top of the goalscoring leaderboard for the Copa so far, with Liidurian Räikkönen, Cuirpthean Lochlainn and Romellenic Vitalev all trailiing on two goals.

Chirp of the Day:

Kamran Gankhaki #KG10 Image
@KGan10

Told you so @Lupeikis #JUZvQAL #5-1

16:17 - 20 Jun 2019

4,789Rechirps27,601Likes

AESYRiEL
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 01, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby AESYRiEL » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:56 pm

[] [] http://www.blr.co.lr [★Favourite] [+New Tab]

Sports » Copa d'Aeia
Live Broadcast » 24/7 Live BNR News

Leidense Republic National Football Team to play Vidoria Tomorrow
Legendary players Javairo Kehrer, Nathaniel Reimals and Lucas Eubanks under new coach Jan-Douwe Endemans.

Javairo Kehrer in a friendlies match between Johannes-Noordbergen and Paraderan Bay, in his Johannes-Noordbergen Jacket.

Written by Jill Crane, BFR.

Paradera City, Leidense Republic - It's difficult to read the face after practice for the Copa d'Aeia. One of the most emotionally strung and important events of the world, lots of people flock to the stadiums and their televisions to tune into the games to the magic of football. Between the Legendary Players Javairo Kehrer, Nathaniel Reimals and Lucas Eubanks coming back to the field to the new prodigies of David Rüdiger and Charles Leno, it seems that everyone has that perfect combo of anxiousness, excitement and wanting. The Leidense Republic has seen a tremendous amount of people coming out to see soccer games, with an overall 42% increase in friendlies matches between clubs in preparation of the Copa d'Aeia, and Copa d'Aeia is expect to receive the long end of the stick with the highest viewership in years from the Leidense Republic, spiking per predictions after the installation of Jan-Douwe Endemans as the manager. It is predicted to have a 200% higher viewership within the Leidense Republic compared to Copa d'Aeia in 2018.

The Leidense Rep. vs. Vidorian match has become one of the hyped up events to have hit the newspapers, with local newspapers smearing the name Vidoria and glorifying everyone on the Blue Mountains. Media reports of the team and individual interviews have become a staple during May, and have now been recirculated. There has been a reported over 100% increase in overall reporting on Copa d'Aeia over last year's numbers.

"I believe that our team is going to take it home this year. We embarrassed ourselves with a terrible display by not even qualifying last year, we need to step up and take the plate. We have the nation watching us, let's make the people proud to be Leidense." stated player Daryan Janmaat in an interview with Paraderan Sports News Network (PSNN) and later Chirped out the following:

Daryan Janmaat
@jandaryan

We have a golden opportunity with the new players and the veterans coming back. We won't disappoint again. We come with gold, or nothing.#Copa2019

2:44 pm - 12 May 2019

2,652Rechirps5,671Likes

The Blue Mountains had one last practice in the Paradera Globe in the Paraderan City Square before shipping out to Romellea in their training camp a while back, saying their goodbyes to loved ones before they departed to Romellea. The decline that the Blue Mountains faced has since seemed to fade away with this sun-kissed moment. And only time will tell tomorrow at the Leidense Rep. vs. Vidoria match in Romellea. Predictions flocking claiming that David Rüdiger and Javairo Kehrer were going to lead the team with the help of Jan-Douwe Endemans. Jan-Douwe Endemans is expected to make his Copa d'Aeia debut after sacking the former manager, Siert Mening.

While the team is in Romellea, predictions for the team are even or vague, with no real solid reports coming out. While predictions say that David Rüdiger and Javairo Kehrer are going to lead the team, not many other predictions have specified anything about the other members, especially staggering member Oliver Deacon. The match against Vidoria is expected to be in the air, however the Blue Mountains are expected to win against Vidoria according to public opinion. While local reports say that the Blue Mountains are predicted to win, more international reports say that while the Blue Mountains have an edge, the Vidorian team also has an edge, saying it is up in the air. However the real problem within the group comes from Crylante, which poses the largest problem for the Blue Mountains. Should the Blue Mountains defeat Crylante, it would be considered an upset. Predictions against Brilliania are set for the Blue Mountains to beat them.

How has popular culture reflected upon Copa D'Aeia

Several celebrities have also started talking about the event in great detail, such as Pop Singer Nicole Rochelle and Fashion Designer Anthony Smith. Below embedded are excerpts that Nicole Rochelle and Anthony Smith have both published from their own personal blog.

Excerpt from Nicole Rochelle wrote:Alright, just for some clarity, I'd like to make it known that I've been dragged by the heel over the new season of Mysterious Destiny. I'm sorry! But anyway, I've been caught up in the new Copa d'Aeia, and just like Mysterious Destiny, my heel has been caught again in a whirlwind. After last years blunder, I just lost interest in it, but with the improvements that we've made to the team have been astounding! I've just dropped whatever I can do to watch any updates on Copa d'Aeia since we qualified, and there's nothing more proud I've been of than that single message. Tears, literal TEARS dropped from eyes like a water fall and I rejoiced in a cheer. There's literally nothing but standing at the TV watching Javairo Kehrer.

[...]

The atmosphere for this Copa d'Aeia has never been so vigorous as it's felt. It feels almost occultist! The raw energy that just emanates from the people, the cheering in the households, I've missed this! It feels like the life in this event has just plugged a tube into our people and we are now invigorated! Watching those disappointing results from last year, it felt like a thousand daggers plunged themselves in the spirits of everyone, and now we come back even stronger! Nothing makes me more excited now, not even waiting for the next episode of Mysterious Destiny. And I can't wait for the Leidense Republic match against Vidoria! I'll be cheering our team on! Destroy them Javairo, I know you can do it!

See you all tuning in! I'll be making my way to Romellea soon to attend the match against Brilliania and Crylante. And I'll be cheering with the crowd to make sure to invigorate them!

- Nicole

Nicole Rochelle
@Vlissibound

I'll be making my way to Romellea soon to attend the match against Brilliania and Crylante. And I'll be cheering with the crowd to make sure to invigorate them! #Copa2019

8:32 am - 19 May 2019

41.8kRechirps56.2kLikes

Excerpt from Anthony Smith wrote:You know me. I'm a fashion designer. We fashion designers are sometimes posh, and sometimes a bit, how to say, unfriendly. But I've never thought I'd find myself in a bar with locals in Paradera watching the practice matches in the Paraderan Globe. Normally on a night like that I'd be in my house, with the candles alight and meditation music on with nothing more than a pair of boxers and an undershirt on sipping on the dark soul of coffee while trying to think of a design. But this time, I felt different, like I needed to go out. Our qualification was exciting news in my family, and I got non-stop calls from my excited younger relatives to my crying aging relatives about how the Leidense Republic actually qualified this time. And I rejoiced, in my heart that is. I decided if anytime was to be excited, now would be.

My friends in the fashion business called and started talking a bit about the qualification, none I was much too interested in. After all the calls came in and everything was settled, I decided to simply shut my cell phone off and get dressed in simple summer cloths, and head down to the local bar. First time in AGES since I actually went to somewhere that wasn't so posh or high and mighty. And like that, instead of having aged fine wine, I was having draft beer at the Paraderan 86th Bar. Usually the bars would play the local baseball games, like the upcoming match between the Paraderan Sovereigns and the Osshaven Riverside Stars, but this time all the televisions were focused on the practice matches, and everyone was cheering along. The bar stood silent and tense, enough for a sword to easily cut through it. Other times the bar was riotous and loud. But no matter how the bar was, we all stood in one thing: The success of the Blue Mountains in the Copa d'Aeia. The unity made me feel like I was one of them, and I chugged down beer after beer. It tastes awful, but it got me out of my shell, and I talked to people that weren't divas or in the circle of fashion. Regular people really. Not to diss on the fashion circle but it just felt liberating. And I can't wait to see how the Leidense Republic preforms at the match against Vidoria! Go on Blue Mountains! I'm counting on you, and everyone at 86th is counting on you too!

Anthony Smith
@anthonysmith14

Go on Blue Mountains! I'm counting on you, and everyone at 86th is counting on you too! #Copa2019

1:15 am - 16 May 2019

8,921Rechirps12.1kLikes

Closing Remarks

After an interview with our field operative BFR Selena Pauwels in Romellea with the manager Jan-Douwe Endemans, analysts state that Jan-Douwe Endemans plans to throw off the Vidorian team with an ultra-defensive formation, however analysts cannot give confirmation what exactly Endemans plans on. Selena Pauwels is expected to host a pre-game interview with Jan-Douwe Endemans and afterwards a panel with several players from the Blue Mountains after the game. We expect a live coverage of the game with Selena Pauwels commentating with the PSNN commentator Jack Charles. This is our report live from Blue Flame Republican News.
The Blue Flame Republican
De Republikeinse Blauwe Vlam

The date is: 20th of July, 2019

Editorial Picks
Watch the Leidense Rep. vs. Vidoria Match Live in out 24/7 Live Broadcast tomorrow!
City of Leidenstad recognized Ruhuajiang-dialect Yen as an official language for the Qi District
President to renew his vows to the Count of Leerdam Estate, Säralossi Vitsent Tanelssen
This ad was brought and paid by the Leidense Committee of Nationalism
Akannus Confederacy • Lanyan Alliance • Orassian Republic • League of Gerentinans • Grand Nerotan Republic • Sacred Yulvari Order
ⴀⴉⴀⴌⴓⴑⴈⴀ ⴉⴍⴌⴔⴄⴃⴄრⴀⴚⴈⴀ • 兰亚盟 • רפובליקת אוראסי • જેરેન્ટિના લીગ • Велика Неротан Республіка • የተቀደሰ ዩልቫሪ ትእዛዝ

Romellenic Federation
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romellenic Federation » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 am

Last edited by Romellenic Federation on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Romellenic Federation
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Romellenic Federation » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:40 am

Last edited by Romellenic Federation on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 25 times in total.

Tyrnica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tyrnica » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:17 am

Liiduriik Jalgpalliliit

Information

Nation: Liiduria
Denonym: Liidurian
Nickname: Merelindudele (The Ospreys)
Manager: Kauri Vesik
Secondary Manager: Tiidrik Mets
Captain: Rudolf Kallas (CMF)
Secondary Captain: Kari Räikkönen (CF)

Starting XI
1. GK - Avri Kross
2. RB - Matti Liukko
3. CB - Marko Kass
4. CB - Kevin Saar
5. LB - Oliver Koiv
6. CDM - Reio Mannik
7. RMF - Ando Eskola
8. CMF - Allan Oja
9. CMF - Rudolf Kallas
10. LMF - Valter Raud
11. CF - Kari Räikkönen

Substitutes
13. GK - Feliks Kuusik
14. GK - Rein Piip
15. DF - Ilmo Kabin
16. DF - Aare Teder
17. DF - Viljo Magi
18. DF - Eedo Aavik
19. MF - Ivo Opik
20. MF - Kajar Kangro
21. MF - Raigo Keskula
22. MF - Reedik Kuusk
23. MF - Richard Vaino
24. FW - Ergo Lohmus
25. FW - Markus Ilves
26. FW - Jurgen Kask

Formation: 4-1-4-1
Style modifier: -3

Football Kit

ImageImage

Permissions

Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: Y
RP Injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: Y (just don't kill them)
Godmod other events: Y
Founder of Levilion and Administrator of Aeia

Marensoald
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Marensoald » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Pour l'athlète curieux en mouvement
Marensoald's premiere source on news in the world of sport

“The Momentum Is Just Starting to Build”
Coach Leo Sharpe hoping Washout 3-0 Showing against Dosceriche A Sign of Future Success
by Helga Vaher, Head National Football Team Correspondent at Michezowatu
Published 21 June 2019

Coach Sharpe in good spirits at the press box following Stampede's 3-0 Opening Match

SREDEC, ROMELLENIC FEDERATION – While most savvy fans of football were certain of Marensoald's chances in the match against Dosceriche today, significant pressure still sat atop the shoulders of all the players and staff present on both teams in order to set the tone of what kind of performance each nation sought to exhibit through their respective programs. After this match, Marensoald is hoping to show not just their opponents in the Group Stage, but all other teams, that Marensoald intends to make people work for a shot at even the slightest moves against them on the field this year.

Sharpe was pleased by the overall performance of the team, many of them seasoned veterans of the Ligue Populaire such as 33-year old Keambiroiro Musa of Putallam FC, who this year makes his 13th Copa appearance and second as the team captain. Some are much more spry, young players like the two goalscorers of the match, Inunil Jayawickrama and Yissachar Halevi, both of Valjardin's Équatorial Atletique, who too there are a unit rarely seen apart on the field. "Jay and Hal showed the raw talent the new class of Marensaise footballers to the rest of the world what we've known for a year now," said Sharpe on the matter. "Those two were some of the brightest stars on the field today and I'm certain that they and our other Copa Rookies will be big hits for the whole event."

On Jayawickrama's astounding 29m Free Kick, Sharpe joked "I bet some GM up in Midrasia just bolted upright in bed once that score landed - I'll make sure that Jay apologizes to their wife for near giving them a heart attack when their bedmate shouted their name!"

When asked about the pace of the match overall, Sharpe stated "for about 30 minutes we wanted to wear down their defense as much as possible. Keeping them busy so to keep our defenders fresh for the second half was absolutely our goal [in the first]." Like the rest of those watching, Sharpe was admittedly underwhelmed by the slow pace of the second half, though still was happy with the result: "Once we had that [2-0] cushion from Jayawick and Halevi, we knew it was time to ensure that lead could be maintained. They'd shored up their own rear by the time the half was reached, and the best we could do was ensure they stayed rigid enough to let little cracks form, and at the end of the day we got just that."

In their concluding remarks, Sharpe stated "don't let the glacial pace of the second half there give you a preview of the rest of our time here in the group stage, we've but dipped our toes in the water for the Copa. Big engines take a minute to warm up, after all, and the Stampede is no different - we lit the ignition in the first 30, and I can promise you now, the momentum is just starting to build!"

Last edited by Marensoald on Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lopimina
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lopimina » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Marco Freixa Image
@FreixaOfficial

Thank you for all the support and kind words, I cannot describe how it feels to be doing my country proud like this. #EqabHa

23:53 - 22 Jun 2019

77,618Rechirps314,055Likes

Unofficial Rezghi Fanclub
@RezFans

Let's not forget Rezghi's clearance setting up Gankhaki's goal

00:03 - 23 Jun 2019

817Rechirps1,927Likes

IQH Sports Image
@IQHSports

Dara ecstatic at Qal'eh's 5-1 victory and happy for Freixa. Was keen to get to training prior to Mardin Isles match, read about how they stunned Navack 4-4 in last year's Copa: https://www.iqhsports.ql/how-the-mardin-isles-stunned-the-three-time-champions #QALvMAR #EqabHa #JUZvQAL

00:09 - 23 Jun 2019

1,725Rechirps3,176Likes

Romellenic Federation
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Romellenic Federation » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:01 am

Last edited by Romellenic Federation on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Habasha
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Habasha » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:31 am

Home | Politics | Majula | World | Sports | Entertainment | Culture

National football coach, Armand Dieudonné during a training session on June 22.

A Habashi approach to football?
By Tefera Derebew Sports Correspondent

SREDETZ, ROMELLEA - 3 days separate the Habashi football team from its first match of this year's Coup. Perhaps no other place than Romellea would serve as a more ideal host for the team that represents Habasha. Romellea, a country that stands - acts - as the border between Alydianism and Irsad, between Asuran culture and Sifhari culture is oddly reminiscent of our country's very own position as a meeting place for cultures and faiths.

Here, the teams of Majula, long represented as little more than a training ground for footballers later to be exported, can prove why Majulan football has been on the up and up. The friendly matches before the start of the competition made it clear that the Habashi team still has a long way to go to reach a level of quality similar to that of its Asuran counterparts. And yet, the sheer determination of the Habashi players, their capacity to act as a coherent unit, rather than a contest between Asuran prime donne are all keys to the national team's success. The key is thus for the team to remain coherent, staying true to the compact tactics that Armand Dieudonné has employed with success before.

The hiring of Midrasian Dieudonné to coach the national football team is another element in the strategy of the Habashi Football Federation of taking Habasha into the same league as Marensoald. The fact that a successful Asuran football coach accepted the HFF offer is a testament to the success of the strategy of the HFF of progressively improving the country's football squad. Not that long ago - a decade even - not many would have been surprised if an HFF offer would have been rejected without even a glance. Improving the country's infrastructure and the training of young rising stars in cooperation with the football teams have all been key.

Marensoald decisively won just two days ago its first match against Doscheriche. Habasha is not there yet, the time to win coups remains in the future. The Habashi ability yo win against Newrey is unclear but Habasha has already qualified to play at the group stage. That may not be much, but it sure beats the long track record of not managing that. Controlling expectations is a national ability that goes back to the times of the Fetha Negest, and Habasha is - truth be told - in a difficult group, but slow and steady always beats fast and loose. If not today, Habasha will soon be in the pantheon of football glory, propelling, like Marensolad already does, the reputation and talent of Majulan football.

English | Mehare | Galla | Jeberti

TOPICS: SPORTS, FOOTBALL, COPA D'AEIA, MAJULA, ARMAND DIEUDONNE

Crylante
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 06, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crylante » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:17 am

Crylantiske Fotbålføderatjøne/Krylänten jalkapalloliitto/Fodboldsforbundet Krylante

Information
Nation: Crylante
Denonym: Crylantian
Nickname: The Stars
Manager: Ana Ulrikkesdottir
Secondary Manager: Tor Nielsson
Captain: Emil Dalsgaard
Secondary Captain: Kari Mäkinen

Starting XI
1. GK - Flavjen Kurtemansje, 29 - Hudenholm FC
12. LB - Fransje Boule, 26 - Lentini University
2. CB - Tomi Laine, 21 - Viikmaa Vikings
4. CB - Kristen Hermansen, 21 - Kattinge & Nordkirk FC
5. RB - Gideon Heikkinen, 30 - Neititsnot FC
6. CDM - Søren Simonsen, 25 - Blatt FC
7. LCM - Emil Dalsgaard, 20 - Lofthus Lads
8. RCM - Mika Hintikka, 26 - Ånvobar FC
11. LWF - Jon Jonsson, 22 - Bersk FC
9. CF - Alen de Ouserad, 19 - Lofthus Lads
10. RWF - Carl Andersen, 22 - Vestby FC

Substitutes
13. GK - Mats Janssen, 26 - Olympique de Lotrique
23. GK - Markus Boule, 26 - Helsingfors Football
3. CB - Ditlev Olsen, 23 - Høulding FC
14. CB - Santeri Ilola, 23 - Blatt FC
15. LB - Johan Pederson, 30 - Lentini Republic
20. RB - Jacob Bach, 25 - Nebligen FC
16. CM - Kristian Juvonen, 24 - Viikmaa Vikings
17. CDM - Roope Hietala, 29 - Nebligen FC
18. CM - Peter Eriksson, 27 - Kattinge & Nordkirk FC
19. FW - Lars Mikkelsson, 19 - Vestby FC
21. FW - Immanuel Nykänen, 28 - Neititsnot FC
22. FW - Kari Mäkinen, 26 - Viikmaa Vikings

Formation: 4-3-3
Style modifier: -2

Football Kit

ImageImageImage

Permissions

Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: Y
RP Injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: Y
Godmod other events: Y
Last edited by Crylante on Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crylantian Federation
Social democratic confederation of Latin-Danes, Danes and Finns.
IIWiki
Democratic socialist, green and British federalist
Economic Left/Right: -6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18

Crylante
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 06, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crylante » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:42 am

Natalja Lablanck Image
@presidentlablanck

Staying in with a large Maelkeagtig and watching the game tomorrow... #CryVSLei #copa

16:23 - 22 Jun 2019

6,021Rechirps30,192Likes

Annette Anadottir Image
@annetteofficiall

Not sure I can support our team... No Aversi FC players... #CryVSLei #copa #AversiNo1

17:01 - 23 Jun 2019

6,291Rechirps19,021Likes

Crylantian Federation
Social democratic confederation of Latin-Danes, Danes and Finns.
IIWiki
Democratic socialist, green and British federalist
Economic Left/Right: -6.13

Romellenic Federation
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Romellenic Federation » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:03 pm

Last edited by Romellenic Federation on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Midrasia » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:59 pm

Maurice Harolde
@Maurice_Harolde

This is a national embarrasment #VRNMDR #Clarout

10:52 pm - 23 Jun 2019

3,975Rechirps10,453Likes

Fake Pere Clar
@L'Unique

I will be publically flogging the entire team tomorrow, tickets start at Đ5 each #Notgoodenough #Copa2019

10:59 pm - 23 Jun 2019

8,912Rechirps16,953Likes

Ignasi Fons Image
@LeFons

One of the greatest footballing nations on this planet nearly lost to a bunch of sheep s******s. Absolutely abysmal display #Notgoodenough #Clarout

11:02 pm - 23 Jun 2019

1,362Rechirps7,843Likes

Arnaud Rice
@ARice85

Midrasia always has a slow start. This draw will be a wake-up call #Mydrazia #Copa2019

11:05 pm - 23 Jun 2019

42Rechirps95Likes

Last edited by Midrasia on Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki
Charles Vauban - IIWiki featured article (October 2017)
Pere Clar - IIWiki featured article (September 2019)

Lopimina
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lopimina » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:14 pm

IQH Sports Image
@IQHSports

It seems the islands are Midrasian and Navish kryptonite. IQH Sports had a draw for the Vrnallia-Midrasia game at 14/1 - nothing short of disappointing for Pere Clar and the Midrasian team. We can expect they will be back with a vengeance in their next game. #VRNvMDR

23:12 - 23 Jun 2019

1,794Rechirps7,261Likes

Newrey
Envoy

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Newrey » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:01 pm

The Newrey Globe || Sunday 12/12/2018
Home » News » Civil War

THE FUTURE OF NEWREYAN FOOTBALL
Once one of the finest teams in Aeia, the Newreyan squad has seen a dip in quality
For many, the 1995 Copa Final still brings back unwelcome memories
Sredetz-When the first iteration of the Copa d'Aeia was held and hosted by Newrey, the homeland of the world's most popular sport, many were ecstatic at the Newreyan triumph. The most common sentiment was it was the beginning of a new era of Newreyan dominance following an era marred by lackluster results and hooliganism ruining the experience for everyone. The hooligan problem in Newrey was so dire that there were vocal opponents that resisted the Copa being held in Newrey, especially after the murder of St Quentin Wanderers fan Percy Carpmael by radical supports of rivals Dunham FC, but the FFA remained adamant that the home of football would host the new tournament. And for their troubles, the FFA was handsomely rewarded by record breaking attendance and viewership numbers, setting records that took nearly ten years to be broken, both in Newrey and internationally. Nearly 40 million people tuned in to watch the final match between Newrey and arch-rivals Navack, and pub sale records clearly show the victorious outcome for the Newreyans.

The Newreyan team proved to be just as driven in the following iterations, regularly taking 4th and 5th place finishes, and the team always returned to Newrey as conquerors, despite being defeated. The chief concern of the Newreyans was that they played a great game of football, a far cry from the club culture where even a 2-2 draw is seen as an embarrassment for a team, here it was celebrated as spectacular teamwork and the essence of the game. Fast forwards to 1995, a hotly contested Copa hosted by the ever controversial Marensoald, with the Newreyans putting on a stand out performance. Many began to dare to ask the sacred words. 'Was football coming back?'. By the time Newrey reached the final against Sifhari newcomers Qal'eh, the whisper had become a deafening cry. To even the most sceptical, football was on its way back to where it belonged, it's home. The team went out dressed in white and orange, the Alydian Colours for the Newreyans, and national pride reached an all time high when footballing legend Joe Marler placed an absolute marvel of a goal from 30 yards out. But then things began to turn at the 60th minute when the Qal'ehi's managed to get a shot in from a free kick, the foul that earned it being disputed to this day whether Warburton reached the ball first. But things remained hopeful. The Newreyans had a habit of pulling things out of the bag at the last minute and the effort was to bring things into extra-time, however this wasn't to be, as when Qal'ehi hero Omid Afshar placed the ball in the back of the net at the 82nd minute, the writing was on the wall. Even still, the Newreyans pressed on, slotting the ball in the back of the net in the death throes of stoppage time, but it was disallowed on a still controversial referring call, with the linesman claiming it bounced off the line but didn't go in. This proved the final straw for the Newreyan fans and they quickly rushed the field, throwing ripped up chairs and any object they could find. The awarding ceremony had to be postponed by half an hour as police and security had to physically force the Newreyan fans from the stadium and away from Qal'ehi fans. This match and subsequent riot led to Newreyan fans being banned from attending future the next five Copas, and the Newreyan team vowed never to wear white or orange again, seeing it as a punishment from God for appropriating the Alydian colours. Newreyans are anything if not superstitious.

With the lack of fan support for the next Copa tournaments, the Newreyan team began to falter. It would often barely scrape through the group stage and yield disappointing results, most infamously a 4-0 defeat by the Utamucanean team in the Round of 16 during the '99 Copa. By the time Newreyan fans were allowed to attend the Copa at the dawn of the millennium, it would be too little. Many of the big names that had won the '90 Copa had retired, legends such as Joe Marler, Johnny Warburton, Taft Shaw, and Roy Cove had left the international field to focus on club careers or post-footballing careers. Instead there was a generation of relative unknowns who were expected to perform at a level much greater than their own, a disastrous strategy devised by then-manager Carl Gadney (who was later voted worst Newreyan in a 2005 poll), and the results showed. For five abysmal years, the Newreyans were unable to progress even past the group stage. Many fans were angry that a team of such prestige and manned by players of high calibre were continually delivering disappointing results, and thus hooliganism managed to seep its way back into the fan base of Newrey, after being forcibly evicted during the 90s. It wouldn't be till 2010 that the Newreyans would get a shot at the title again, in a similarly stand out performance to the '95 Copa, but fans had learned their lessons. But when Newrey pulled its way to the final through broken nails and blackened eye, fans were just as excited, especially as they faced off against Cuirpthe, a rivalry so fierce that both nations have specialised police forces designed just to deal with the derby. And what a game it was. The Cuirptheans had pulled ahead by 3-1 at the start of the second half, and many a fan felt their heart sink. But a spirited return to form saw the team equalise in the 60th minute and the 89th minute, again tempting fate that a new era of Newreyan football was dawning. As extra-time passed with one goal from each time, raising the score to 4-4, they arrived at every team's nightmare. Penalty shoot-outs. Both keepers proved to excel at their job, blocked a total of nine shots total, but a mistake by keeper Tommy Prentice saw the Cuirptheans steal the victory with a 1-0 win, the lowest recorded penalty shoot-out to date and one that is not likely to be bested any time, if ever, soon.

Then came almost a decade of a slow decline in results, topped off by the winless run in the 2017 Copa hosted by Navack and Crylante, would become the calling that the Newreyan team needed that things had to change if they were to survive in a modern world. Long since had passed the Golden Years of Newreyan football, now it was a simple battle to remain relevant in a world of ever strengthening sides. Even the fans began to notice, many leaving the football team and instead joining in on the rugby crowd, a sport in which the Newreyans still dominate in and are often toted as the finest in the world, but the hooligans were quickly ejected by the NRFU and fans, lifetime bans were dealt out like Roses on Tuden's Day. So they returned to football and many of the problems that the sport faced in the 80s had reared its ugly head. Many compared the recent stabbing of 18 year-old Reggie Adamson, who made the mistake of wearing Garasting United yellow, to that of the previously mentioned Percy Carpmael. But this time the Newreyans were determined to improve their image and play, so much so that they willingly excused themselves from the 2018 Copa to focus on improvements. This was done by bringing in fresh blood and have them gel with established names, many of the new players had been subject to both bidding wars and speculation prior to being called up. It's hope that this new, fresh face, one that's fought against its tarnished image and reputation for violence, will fare better in this iteration, even progressing past the group stage would be a celebrated victory. Many a Newreyan fan yearn for the glory days of the early 90s, but its up to the players to achieve it and for the Newreyan fans to create the atmosphere. Only time will tell.

-Catch NEWREY take on Majulan side Habasha at 21:30 on the 26th!
-Shock as titans MIDRASIA draw with backwater VRNALLIA
-A draw too many? We analyse why this Copa has so many high scoring draws

Marensoald
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Marensoald » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:10 pm

Fenhalloway II of Utamucanee Image
@Lukkonopy

Best of luck to all our brothers representing Utamucanee against Isolaprugna in #Copa2019 - The spirit of your homeland is at your back, Tustenagges! Let's show the world what it means to #pokitchalischay. #ISOvUTA #Islehelvettet #UtamucaneeProud

23:04 - 23 Jun 2019

81,019Rechirps102,178Likes

Tyrnica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tyrnica » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:08 am

Founder of Levilion and Administrator of Aeia

Vrnallia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vrnallia » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:26 am

Khami Hariu Image
@hariuKh

VERY happy result of #VRNMDR game which we hope to continue #Copa2019 #Vljeguš

10:49 pm - 23 Jun 2019

572Rechirps1,297Likes

Helíz Dnakovi Image
@DnakoviHelízJB

Do #Copa2019 organisers have comment on @LeFons his clear racism against Vrnallia? #VRNMDR #Notgoodenough

7:30 am - 24 Jun 2019

391Rechirps1,012Likes

Huku Khama
@HronújNjed

@LeFons ho te fukk yu ar ? rassist ? dguruj kziguj thar ik suzuf #Copa2019 #Rassisim

2:18 am - 24 Jun 2019

0Rechirps2Likes

It's Guakok now. She/her or they/them, pick your favourite.
Economic Left/Right: -9.75
Libertarian Communist
100.0% Equality: Communist
69.2% Peace: Dovish
84.2% Liberty: Libertarian
93.6% Progress: Revolutionary

Fahran
Forum Moderator

Founded: Nov 13, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Fahran » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:40 am

New coach Mani Pasdar overseeing training.

Falcons weathering stormy skies

After a tumultuous couple of months, opened by the surprise indictment of longtime manager Abd al-Uzza Farsakh on charges of embezzlement and money-laundering, the Falcons seem to have cobbled together a slightly more than token effort at snatching the coveted Copa D'Aeia, sprucing up an aging, lackluster squad with some much needed new blood and bringing in Qalehi dynamo Mani Pasdar on a five year contract. That Fahran, a country in the throes of a grueling, year-long civil war, can field a team at all is no small miracle. It took months of often tense collaboration between FFF officials, the NURR, and the NSC to set aside the time and resources needed to assemble and train a viable squad. This process was complicated by two recent tragedies: the death of veteran striker Ahmad Mekki in an airstrike back on May 5th and the maiming of center attacking midfielder Mohammed Shohat, who lost his left leg to an IED at the beginning of this year.

These losses, together with the recent slew of corruption scandals, had been characterized as the death knell of Fahrani football by many fans, but Pasdar and his assistant manager, the indefatigable Yasser Senan, have toiled wearily to kindle the hopes of millions across the war-torn country. What's more, footballers, young and old, have rushed to fan the flames, offering to play without any monetary compensation and proclaiming a message of hope and peace. As captain Ghailene Halliche told Al-Tathir yesterday, "We have to play. We owe it to Ahmad and Mohammed, and to everyone who believes the sun won't shine again. We owe it to them to speak through our actions, to say all hope is not lost, to say that we're stronger together than divided, that peace has a chance."

Pasdar, well-known for his flamboyant personality and uncanny ability to pick out talent, has made several exciting additions to the Fahrani side; including: Dahror United wonder-kid Mahmadu Baboukkar and Tirsana SC starlet Sufian El Tamera. He's also preserved the spirit of past squads, retaining big names like Ghailene Halliche, Usem Zeroual, and Alemseged Abraha. On a less positive note, the FFF has struggled consistently to acquire and allocate funds for adequate training grounds, new kits, or adequate salaries for players, managing to recycle older uniforms and scrounge up enough to cover travel expenses. The side that arrived in Romellea two weeks ago looked jet-lagged, disheveled, and beaten down, but, if their optimistic smiles and pluck are anything to go by, nobody should count the Falcons out just yet.

Squad Analysis

DEFENSE: The Falcons' defense is lackluster and rusty compared to many of the others sides stepping onto the field this Copa, with most of the players returning from older, poorly performing squads, such as Mohammed Dualeh and Alemseged Abraha, or being green lads recruited from local club teams, such as Fasika Girna and Abdullahi Farah. The real strength in the back three comes from the colorful Ghailene Halliche, who has made a considerable splash over the years due to his leadership qualities and sporting persona. He received a fine in club play last season for allegedly making an obscene gesture at a fan who had thrown a bottle onto the pitch. All in all, Fahran's defense is one of its weaker aspects, and we'll consider it lucky if big name sides don't punch holes through it like Asuran cheese.

MIDFIELD: Things look only marginally better in the midfield with hotshot play-makers and facilitators like Salim Dauenhauer, Nordin Oumazzine, and Usem Zeroual expected to make a positive showing. Their performances in club play over the last couple seasons have been dynamic and innovative, and all three have been scouted by more established clubs from abroad. Nonetheless, Fahran still wants for consistency and cohesion in midfield roles, and players often behave more as individuals than a team. All in all, we can hope for a middling performance at best, though Dauenhauer might yet surprise us.

ATTACK: There's an old adage that says the best defense is a good offense, and fans will be praying that's the truth given the quality of the youngsters Masdar has brought aboard for this Copa campaign. Sufian El Tamera, the Sumeira FC starlet known for his pace and dribbling, turned down several offers that would have seen him leave the club that finished second in the domestic league this year and his recruitment to the national team has spawned more than a little buzz among Fahran's notorious hooligans. The real attraction, however, is Mahmadu Baboukkar, the Dahrzor United wonder-kid, who stole the hearts of two countries with his flair and finishing ability over the course of two seasons. Shouts of "Baboukkar is fire! Your defense is scared!" have been heard in pubs throughout Romellea even in the run-up to the competition. These are slightly more wholesome than the cries of "Halliche will shag your missus" that resulted in bans last go around, and they send a stronger message. The Falcons are here to compete, now just drink and get into brawls. Amessan Ferrodja is a stout, sturdy player who can cross just passably enough to get the job done and he seems to have cultivated a strong partnership with Baboukkar, Dauenhauer, and El Tamera in the last few months. While not as strong as the starting lineup, the bench looks stronger than it has since the 1980's.

CONCLUSION: Fahran is in summation as middling team with the potential to surprise even the big names, especially when on the attacks. We're expecting Pasdar to dabble in an energetic, counter-attacking brand of football that has been used to minimal effect against superior sides in the past. With all the new blood and a bit of good luck, this time the tactics might just pay off.

Group Analysis

RENNEQUE: Les Manchots, despite the cuddly connotations of their nickname, are the team to beat in Group H. Head honcho Dídac Barot has put together a robust defensive minded side centered around goalkeeper Pròsper Puerto, captain and midfielder Sinchi, and a solid if not outright formidable string of defenders comprising veterans like Camille Brazier and Arnau Urgeles. The contrast of two differing styles between squads of ostensibly equal skill will make this one of the most compelling matches in the group. Prediction: Renneque to win 1-0.

TIMARBIA: Ezekiel Adamo's men, the ostentatiously named Warriors of Minnara, are an inexperienced, scrappy side with dim hopes of actually lifting the Copa despite their fierceness on the attack and their fighting spirit. We're looking forward to a quality game of attacking football from both sides when the Falcons meet the more or less unknown squad from Timarbia. Prediction: Fahrn to win 3-1.

LIBERIMERY: Predicted to be the weakest squad in Group H, Liberimery has yet to post a roster or even announce a squad for this year's Copa. The side from Vestrim has no genuine history of doing much beyond serving as cannon fodder for middling teams as well. Prediction: Fahran to win 2-0.

TOTAL PREDICTION: The Falcons are well placed to advanced beyond the group stages at this Copa, with Renneque serving as the principal hurdle to a first place finish in the group. Notably, Group H is one of the weakest recorded, not just this year but in tournament history. We're projecting a second place finish beyond Renneque, albeit with a comfortable lead over both Timarbia and Liberimery.
Last edited by Fahran on Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Romellenic Federation
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Romellenic Federation » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:01 am

Last edited by Romellenic Federation on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Romellenic Federation
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Romellenic Federation » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:04 am

Last edited by Romellenic Federation on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Romellenic Federation
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Romellenic Federation » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:07 am

Last edited by Romellenic Federation on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Romellenic Federation
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Romellenic Federation » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:11 am

AESYRiEL
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 01, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby AESYRiEL » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:27 pm

[] [] http://www.blr.co.lr [★Favourite] [+New Tab]

Sports » Copa d'Aeia
Live Broadcast » 24/7 Live BNR News

Blue Mountains Ties with Vidoria in first game
Country divided on results, analysts taking a breather, and Endemans rethinks his strategy.

Patrick Matthäus posing with a fan after the game in the Asenovatz Stadium before the game sporting a white polo.

Written by Selena Pauwels, BFR.

Sveti Vlas, Romellea - Hearts were racing faster than ever for this match, for what many can consider, especially Manager Endemans, an absolute dumpster fire. This game initially started off amazing for the Leidense Republic, with the soccer prodigy David Rüdiger scoring the first goal of the game in the 11th minute, and everything seemed to flow smoothly for the Blue Mountains. However from that peak everything afterwards seemed to spiral down from there. Had Rüdiger not scored at all, the Blue Mountains would probably not be able to have scored at all. The Vidorian defense became rock solid after Rüdiger's score on the 11th minute.

Things for both teams spiraled down terribly, with the Blue Mountains goalkeeper Diederick Veltman preforming a rough foul at the 20th minute against star Vidorian-Qal'ehi striker Mahdavi, injuring Mahdavi for two games, putting him out for the remainder of the Copa d'Aeia 2019 Group Stage. This happened during the same time that the Vidorian crowd started instigating fights with the Blue Mountains crowd. Afterwards, keeper Veltman was sent out with a red card, leaving the defense of the Blue Mountains terribly cracked. Manager Endemans definitely did not take too kindly to Veltman's foul, and afterwards the game seemed to turn into a dumpster fire for the remainder of the First Half, with Vidoria scoring two goals. The first goal was made at the 21st minute Rico Sanchez, and afterwards another goal made by Daniel del Monte at the 42nd minute. During this time Endemans scrambled for a defense, and was able to pull up one after the score by Del Monte, with his goal marking the last goal the Vidorians made on the Blue Mountains.

After halftime, the Vidorian player Valentin Domesco preformed a foul at the 63rd minute, allowing the Blue Mountains to take a penalty kick. Rüdiger took the kick, and scored, tying the game at 2 to 2, crushing whatever advantage in score the Vidorians had. Afterwards at the 69th minute, Rouwant from the Blue Mountains and Sanchez from Vidoria were both injured. Afterwards, the game ended with a penalty for the Blue Mountains, but ended in the same 2-2 game that it was after the kick from Rüdiger.

It's no doubt that Rüdiger has captured the heart of every man and woman back home, with his stunning performance. Truly something the PSNN commentators had to talk about. However Veltman wasn;t brought up at all 5 minutes following the foul and subsequent goal shot by the Vidorians. Cheers from the Paraderan City Center to the Goessen Port Authority was rowdy with the Vidorians score, but spirits were uplifted after the second shot by Rüdiger. But the excitement slacked to a mish-mash of disappointment and relief after the failed attempt by the Blue Mountains on the final penalty kick at the 87th minute.

The aftermath of the match however, was met with excitement, as this meant that the Blue Mountains are almost sure to advance from the group stage. Local analysts bet that due to the injury caused to Mahdavi that the Vidorians are set to clinch a large victory against Brilliania but only to follow up on a possibly close-knit victory against Crylante. The Blue Mountains however have been slated to win both the Brilliania and the Crylantian matches within the group stages, with Brilliania being moved to the bottom of the bracket for the least likely to win the group stage, with Crylante following up in third, and Vidoria to clinch the win with the Blue Mountains. Blue Mountain analysts and the coach have breathed a sigh of relief after this dumpster fire, with a follow up interview done by myself, Selena Pauwels, with Blue Mountain Manager Endemans about the recent game and what's to come of the Leidense Republic.

Selena Pauwels BFR.
@selenapauwelsbfr

We may have not won today, but we're almost certain to win next game. Let's go Mountains! Kick Brilliania where it hurts! #Copa2019

12:56 pm - 25 May 2019

412Rechirps1,722Likes

An Interview with Manager Endemans and players David Rüdiger, Patrick Matthäus and Joshua Klostermann

After the battle of a life time facing Vidoria, the Manager Endemans and three of his players, David Rüdiger, Patrick Matthäus and Joshua Klostermann; joined me and PSNN for an interview for the Leidense Republic about their performance during the game and their thoughts on the future, with the help of PSNN news anchor David Blanchard.

Transcript wrote:Selena Pauwels BFR.: "Hello there Mr. Endemans, very glad to have you on our show!

David Blanchard PSNN.: "And very nice to have you three players with us today, Rüdiger, Matthäus and Klostermann!

Endemans: "Why thank you, it's a privilege to be on your show talking about the game. I'll tell ya, that was one I broke a cold sweat over, just the mere thought that those Vidorians had actually broken through our defense."

Matthäus: "Even without Veltman, our defense got cracked, but once they scored, we formed a rock solid defense that they couldn't break through. Nothing can break through these Great Blue Mountains!"

Klostermann: "It's true, they couldn't break it. They broke it once, and after that they were denied hard for the rest of the game. And to top it off our heart-stealing star player Rüdiger managed to carry our score from a zero to a solid 2!"

Rüdiger: "Hey hey! I can't take all the blame man, if it wasn't for your defense I don't think we would have scored. I managed to crack it like an egg but afterwards they became like a damn wall."

Blanchard PSNN: "Haha, that was a super intense game, after that score by del Monte I thought it was just went down the drain with that 1 to 2 score, but you managed to pull through and snob that team right on the nose and snuff their advances!"

Pauwels BFR: "So Endemans, what was running through your mind?. After that foul by Veltman?"

Endemans: "I'll be honest, I started to panic a little. I'm honestly amazed that we even held out defense together after that, the fact that we lacked a goalkeeper and our defense was irreversibly cracked, to some people seemed like it would have become a dumpster fire. But our Blue Mountains, they held it together and they put on the best damn show you seen!"

Klostermann: "We put on a good display, we really did good out there I think. I will concede however, the Vidorians were damn good opponents. Lovely to play against them."

Rüdiger: "It was hard! Even without their star player Mahdavi, we had lots of trouble shoring up their defenses."

Pauwels BFR: "Everyone in the Leidense Republic must be cheering your names right about now. I know myself, Blanchard and the rest of the PSNN news network were on our seats the entirety of that second half! How did it feel, under that pressure? The entire Leidense Republic has been rearing to see how everything goes."

Matthäus: Honestly Ms. Pauwels if we didn't have the team like this, with a manager as good as this and supportive teammates, we would have cracked and broken at that last game, and been ruined for the entire group stage. But we're not. We're still strong and we defeated our biggest obstacle."

Rüdiger: "Even Veltman, the goalkeeper. He did a wrong move there but people make mistakes, and we all learned that we need to move on from this. And we hope that we can continue as a team."

Klostermann: "That's right! And we'll be back, Veltman will be back! And we'll give the rest of the Copa something to fear again!"

Blanchard PSNN: "That's great! And how about Mr. Endemans? I'm sure you must be have already mapped the rest of the group stage at this point!"

Endemans: "Oh you know it! I can't give away trade secrets though, but I can tell you we've already got a variety of plans going into motion for the rest of the cup. And to our fans back home, thank you for your support!"

Pauwels BFR: "Well that's just great! Well, BFR News needs to get back to its original programming, but it was very nice to meet and talk with you all! Have a fun and safe time here, and lets hope to winning the Copa! I'll let Blanchard and PSNN take over from here."

[...]

To see the full transcript, check out the PSNN report on the Interview by clicking here

A look at Pop Culture

Sports fans aren't the only ones getting a kick out of the recent Copa D'Aeia, but rather everyone is taking a bite. From pop singers and fashion designers to writers and artists, every seems that they can't get enough of Copa D'Aeia. Pop Singer Nicole Rochelle, as promised, has landed today in preparation of the Blue Mountains versus Brilliania team, and we can't wait to see what she'll be doing at the Federatsiya Arena tonight! She'll be reportedly in the first class seating with her own secruity team, along with famed Guitarist Matthew Shawn of Abyssal Whip and Jazz Singer Blue-eyes of The Blue '52.

Excerpt from Nicole Rochelle wrote:I am probably not awake by the time this blog post is out on the web, but I'm on my way to Romellea to attend the remainder of the Group Stage! I really should say, that game between the Blue Mountains and the Vidorians was heart-stopping. The second Veltman did what he did, I did a back-flip in my room. It practically became a dumpster fire, until the heart-thief Rüdiger simply got the second goal, and our tie was secure. After that one Vidorian scored after the penalty, I almost thought I was going to have to comfort my family about our first loss and how I had been hyped up for nothing, but simply seeing us able to counter what the Vidorians threw at reinvigorates me! This post will be relatively short compared to the others, I want to get back to sleep, we're about to take off from the Paraderan City Airport, and with me in tow I have two others! Matthew Shawn and Blue-Eyes from Abyssal Whip and The Blue '52! Anyway, have good time, and I'll see you at the Federatsiya Arena tomorrow! And remember! Go Blue Mountains!

- Nicole

Nicole Rochelle
@Vlissibound

Nicole Rochelle, Matthew Shawn and Blue-eyes will be at the Federatsiya Arena tomorrow! I can't wait to see everyone there! GO BLUE MOUNTAINS #Copa2019

8:32 am - 19 May 2019

62kRechirps152kLikes

Closing Remarks

We'll have a report tonight from our news operative Selena Pauwels tomorrow about the game with Leidense Rep. sports analyst Jacob Brown coming on our news-station to speak about the chances of the Blue Mountains to march onto the field against Crylante and their chances of winning. PSNN commentator Jack Charles, David Blanchard, and Briana Marchese are expected to join Selena Pauwels and Jacob Brown on the news-station tomorrow to commentate the game. We have also booked an exclusive interview with Pop Singer Nicole Rochelle with Guitarist Matthew Shawn of Abyssal Whip and Jazz Singer Blue-eyes of The Blue '52 at the Federatsiya Arena tomorrow! Make sure to tune into our newstation for our late-night interview after the game! This is our report live from Blue Flame Republican News.
The Blue Flame Republican
De Republikeinse Blauwe Vlam

The date is: 25th of July, 2019

Editorial Picks
Watch the Leidense Rep. vs. Brilliania Match Live in out 24/7 Live Broadcast tomorrow!
Paraderan City Metro System to undertake "several extreme sanitation measures"
President Kristofer Cornelis and Count Säralossi Vitsent Tanelssen renew their vows.
This ad was brought and paid by the Leidense Committee of Nationalism
Last edited by AESYRiEL on Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akannus Confederacy • Lanyan Alliance • Orassian Republic • League of Gerentinans • Grand Nerotan Republic • Sacred Yulvari Order
ⴀⴉⴀⴌⴓⴑⴈⴀ ⴉⴍⴌⴔⴄⴃⴄრⴀⴚⴈⴀ • 兰亚盟 • רפובליקת אוראסי • જેરેન્ટિના લીગ • Велика Неротан Республіка • የተቀደሰ ዩልቫሪ ትእዛዝ

Newrey
Envoy

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Newrey » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:01 am

The Newrey Globe || Sunday 12/12/2018
Home » News » Sports

SIT DOWN WITH GAVIN JONES
An all exclusive interview with Newery's very own Gavin Jones
Granddad Gary speaks of his upcoming matches and old playing days
Sredetz-

Bradley Smyth: Hello readers of the Newreyan Globe, today at the Sit Down, we've managed to wrangle Gavin Jones away from his busy schedule to have a quick chat.

Gavin Jones: Wrangle's one way to put it, aye.

BS: Anyway, on account of you being busy, we'll keep this short as we can. The main question we have is how are you preparing for your first game against Habasha?

GJ: Well, our most important aim is not to walk into this thing with complacency. I mean, Habasha certainly isn't a Marensoald in terms of quality or international dominance, but they're definitely up-and-coming in terms of Majulan football, how else would they have gotten Armand Dieudonné, a manager of incredible quality, to sign with them? I know Dieudonné and he certainly wouldn't agree to such a thing if he didn't see potential in them.

BS: And the squad, how are they looking forwards to the match?

GJ: They're about excited as you can imagine, for two of them, Ellis Joyce and Elliot Haywood, it's their first ever Copa. Course, they also know not to go into this thing over-eager or anything, they're aware of why the Newreyan team excused itself from last year's Copa and no one really wants to be the reason that we fail to pass through the group stage. So they're excited, but they're certainly aware of the pressure that's on them, both from the other players, but also from the fans.

BS: Speaking of the fans, you were a starting player for the '95 Copa, and was present for the subsequent riot. Do you feel like such behaviour is still present in the fans?

GJ: As much as I want to say no, I still think there's the possibility, no matter how small. The Association has tried its hardest to only grant tickets to fans that are deemed as non-trouble makers, usually those that stay in the neutral areas of the match, but that doesn't prevent a few diehards making their way here. I mean, just look at the preperation that the Romelleans have gone through solely for the derby match against Cuirpthe. I certainly think it's time that we deal with the hooligan problem that plagues Newreyan football, a problem that hasn't existed in places like Midrasia or Navack since the early 90s on this scale, while we flag behind. It's everything that's wrong with football, and my main worry is that we'll have to wait for the next generation of football fans before we'e able to see a change in fans behaviour.

BS: That's understandable. Now, hark back to your playing days, how would you describe the feeling of playing in the Copa?

GJ: Honestly? It's one of the best feelings in the world. Being able to represent your nation at an international level at one of the most watched events in history? It kind of escapes being able to put into words, it's just an incredible feeling, especially when you were like me and playing for a team the press labelled 'The Golden Boys'.

BS: And do you think the indescribable feeling will effect the players?

GJ: For the new ones, it's possible they'll be far more aware of it but for veterans like Ollie Brown and Henry Altar, it'll just be another game of football, which is what we want from them. I mean, we're certainly hoping that the Habashians feel the pressure much more than we do and crack under it, that'd just be the most convenient thing.

BS: And are you at all concerned about the possibility of a loss?

GJ: Of course I am. I'm tormented by every game I've lost, what kind of a manager is the one who is not tormented by the match he's lost? If he isn't, then that's the end of his career, as that means he doesn't care about losing. I mean, I'm sure if the Habashians beat us, it'd be a boost for them and probably go down as either their greatest victory, or as a sign that Majulan football is at a new level, so that's what we're trying to avoid.

BS: And your upcoming games, Liiduria and Cuirpthe, how are you anticipating those?

GJ: To be honest, that fact that the organisers have us playing two games in two days, while the Liidurians get to enjoy seven days of rest, seems like an attempt to set us up to fail, no? It means my boys can't go out and celebrate, but instead go straight to sleep to ensure they're well-rested, bringing on more subs, it just creates a whole list of problems that I'm sure the Liidurians will have no problem taking advantage of, and then claiming it as a victory. If Newrey won against Habasha and Liiduria, then that'd be a great victory, being able to play two world-class games back to back and win both, it would certainly be a sign that Newreyan football has excelled its previous slump. Thankfully, we're blessed with a squad of professionals who've ensured that they'll be able to play in their best form through both matches, not letting the Habashians or Liidurians get space to breath. And for Cuirpthe? That just has to be a victory, but either way the result goes, I'm sure the police will be kept on their toes, unfortunately.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports