NATION

PASSWORD

NSSCRA 8- Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:36 am

NSSCRA RESPONSE TO MCCURTY GRIEVANCE

Earlier today, Hampton Island Racing filed a grievance to us concerning actions taken by IRACT that prohibit them from displaying the logo of Starlight Suites, the sponsor of the #23 vehicle that is driven by James McCurty. I would like to remind all racing organizations that the NationStates Stock Car Racing Association is a fully inclusive organization that allows drivers of any gender, any species, or not to have a driver at all. This will in turn lead to the possibility of culture clashes. Corporate sponsors are an important part of this process, and provide valuable resources for race teams to perform at a high level. However, sponsors will also potentially have a culture clash where the brand that they promote may not be suitable or simply sit well with the host nation.

The banning of a corporate sponsor will never be permitted on the track. If any race track does not allow a sponsor to display their logo on the car in which they sponsor, and cannot provide a good reason to this governing body, will not be permitted to host a race in the future. It is important to get that out of the way. That is, however, not the topic of the grievance. Starlight Suites is not being kept from sponsoring the race car.

The banning of a sponsor selling their merchandise is a more complicated topic. If at any time, a sponsor feels they being excluded to do a competitive reason, for example, the race is sponsored by one company, and the driver is sponsored by a second company in the same industry, that kind of exclusion should be deemed illegal. If a sponsor is banned because the track does not agree with the product that the sponsor offers on cultural grounds, and not at all for a competitive reason, then such a ban can be deemed acceptable. However, any such ban must be explained, in detail, to the NSSCRA governing body.

The reasoning provided to us on the banning of Starlight Suites due to unfounded allegations of fraud conducted by prior driver, Lexi Patterson, and the Stafford City Speedway is not a sufficient reason for the banning of the Starlight Suites brand being sold at the Lao Long 380. However, the concern about the Starlight Suites brand, and the way in which they choose to advertise, which is something known throughout NSSCRA, being something that is not compatible with Sherpa values is indeed a sufficient reason to uphold the ban.

We thank the McCurty team for filing the grievance, we have an open door policy on these issues, however we are going to reject this protest due to the above reason.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:56 am

New Northwesteros wrote:Time: Around 9:00 pm Sherpa time, day before qualifying for the Lao Long 380.

Setting: Jusenkyo Training Ground garage area

Qi Pan was a burly middle-aged security guard, known to his friends for his generous spirit and his love of Western regional cuisine. When he spotted two trespassers in the Jusenkyo garage, he sprang into action, chasing them across the garage. Pan wasn't lazy, but he was starting to slow down with age and didn't have as much stamina as he used to. The culprits bolted out the exit from the track before Pan could catch them and he realized there was no point in pursuing them down the access road. He was too winded. As he stood there gasping for breath, a couple of other track staff who had heard the commotion came over to ask what happened.

"I caught those guys poking around Kohan's trailer," Pan said. "I don't know what they were doing there."

"It doesn't look like you caught them per se," one of the others said sarcastically. "You need to lay off on the shwarma, man."

They went over to the trailer, walking at a leisurely pace so Pan had time to catch his breath, and looked around to see if they could find any clues what had just transpired. That was when they discovered the Patterson merchandise. "What the fuck is all this?" one of the guards said.

"I don't think that's for personal use."

"Do you think they're trying to sell it here or they're just using this as storage so they can sell it in town?"

"You'd think they would have taken it into town already if they were going to sell it in town."

"Who's even going to buy it?"

"I dunno."

They reported their discovery to the president of the Zhangjiajie Racing Club and asked what they should do. A group of IRACT officials came out and looked at the contraband. They were a bit stumped what to do next. They had assumed that people would just work around their rules and anybody that wanted to sell Patterson merchandise would just do it in town or on the public road outside the track. Since there was a physical product, and the ban on Patterson merchandise was only an IRACT rule, not a law, they couldn't press criminal charges for fraud or extortion. They could confiscate the goods or have someone busted for vending without a permit, but they didn't have a clearly organized plan.

"Let's just keep a close eye them and see what they're doing with the merchandise," the president of the racing club said. "If we catch them in the act, selling it at the track, then we'll have a clearer idea of what's going on and who is responsible."

----֎--֎--֎----

In response to NSSCRA's statement calling their fraud allegations "unfounded," IRACT has submitted a collection of news articles such as this one from the Concord Heights Times which state they were unable to find any record of Lexi Patterson's go-kart racing history.

Cassadaigua wrote:Concord Heights Times reporters are still searching for information of previous races from Lexi Patterson. We have heard that she has had go-kart success, but have not had any luck in our phone calls of finding a track that has a record of this success.

They also have similar statements from other sources in the Sherpa Empire, Hampton Island, etc. They accidentally included a spam email touting the power of meditation and urging people to convert to Buddhism because they were assembling their evidence in a rush and someone copy-pasted from the wrong tab by accident.
Last edited by The Sherpa Empire on Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Caleonia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Caleonia » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:28 am

(Just a bump so I get notifications on this, because I haven’t spoken here yet)
Caleon | Grünkohlland
The land of progress, the first society of speed.
MT/PMT (Cyberprep in 2035) | National Day: September 3 | Refer to this for policies | More than a “funny car nation”, and pays no attention to F1 | Hatsunia and I are NOT related, I just exist in his universe due to us sharing the same region.
Overview | Caleon Pro Baseball

Caleonia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Caleonia » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:55 am

TENSIONS BREW IN THE CALEONIAN CAMP

Professor Carson walks up to Reddiër and the Joy Brothers after their recent streak of disqualifications. He says to them, “You guys are even lucky to be here. Your team owner was asleep for the entirety of Season 7 and this is what I see when I become the new team owner? Pathetic. You guys better get in shape by the end of the season or I may cut your entire careers off. Your paycheck is on the line.”

Mike Reddiër, in response, says, “We wouldn’t be having these problems if we actually had equipment and sponsorship on the vehicles! Our cars currently completely blank and we have some of the slowest equipment in the shop!”

Carson thinks about this, and gets on the phone with the largest corporation in his country, Nadja Industries. He says, “Hey, our nation’s international reputation is on the line if we don’t get our performance handled up. Caleonian Motorsports demands that you guys help us fund this team, or we may be run out of the sport.” He’s on hold for three minutes, and then he gets a response, “No problem, Professor. The first of many large payments will arrive tomorrow. Do whatever you need with them as long as our logos are on the car.”

Reddiër and the Joy Brothers rejoice in their haulers once they get the news. They may actually be able to be somewhat competitive! (Paint schemes will be shown off whenever I get the opportunity to actually make them)
Caleon | Grünkohlland
The land of progress, the first society of speed.
MT/PMT (Cyberprep in 2035) | National Day: September 3 | Refer to this for policies | More than a “funny car nation”, and pays no attention to F1 | Hatsunia and I are NOT related, I just exist in his universe due to us sharing the same region.
Overview | Caleon Pro Baseball

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019

Postby Hapilopper » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:08 am

The Team Blue Shop, Hapilopper City
The day after returning from Tropicorp
A number of items were on the agenda for this week’s post-race meeting, and this week, it promised to be a happy meeting. All three Team Blue cars ran near the front of the field all race long. Frank Bronson and Chris Holmes, in particular, appeared to be threats to win on the beach. As for Chet Byrd’s team? Well, they picked up a nice trophy as co-winners of the Tropicorp Pit Crew Challenge, after tying with the Yraaga Gilli’i pit crew, right down to the hundredth of a second.

Consequently, the crew, led by crew chief Patrick Miller, received some pretty sweet prizes as a reward for winning the challenge. Among those prizes were $300 gift cards to Craven’s Steakhouse, one of the highly-regarded steakhouses in all of Hapilopper; a $250 gift card at Mel’s Ultra-Mart, and an autographed Chet Byrd 1:24 scale diecast car from 1980, the year he won his first HASCAR Challenge Cup. Needless to say, the nine people on the pit crew – the crew chief, the front tire carrier and changer, the rear tire carrier and changer, the jackman, fuel man, catch can man, and the pit sign man were overjoyed at the awards they had received.

In fact, after the crew left the meeting, all of them started talking about their plans for those Craven’s gift cards. Some of them suggested taking their significant others out that night. Others thought of having a nice evening to themselves, with one of the finest steaks money could buy and a smooth glass of whiskey to wash it down with.

Ken Henson, the team owner of Team Blue, was in a very good mood that afternoon. His team had performed quite well on the track. He had just looked over contract extensions for both Chris Holmes and Frank Bronson, and both drivers would be driving Team Blue equipment in NSSCRA 9 and 10. If he could find a third driver to drive his equipment, he would be perfect.

One of those candidates, Drake Stevenson, was in his full racing uniform as the meeting went on. After the meeting let out, he would be fitted into a seat as he prepared to make his return to stock car racing at the Super Skychief 500 in less than two weeks.

The announcement that Drake Stevenson would be driving a stock car again, and in Hapilopper no less, set off a firestorm of excitement that sent shockwaves throughout the country. It had been a long time since he had competed in an actual race, but this was Drake Stevenson we’re talking about. He was still the biggest star in all of Hapiloppian motorsport, and potentially the biggest star in all of Hapiloppian sport, period, maybe with the exception of his little brother.

As he climbed into the seat, he grabbed his familiar red and yellow open-face helmet and his old-school ski goggles and put them on, just to see how he would fit in the seat. Crouched next to him was Chet, who was admiring the sight of his old teammate getting back into a stock car.

“How’s she feel?” Chet asked him.

“Feels good,” Drake responded. “Almost like a glove.”

“Think you’ll do well next weekend?” Chet asked.

“I sure hope so,” Drake said with a smile.

Once the fitting was completed, Drake climbed out of the car and got changed back into his street clothes. There hadn’t been a lot of change in his seat since the last time he had driven a stock car. Maybe another couple of pounds, but whatever.

The Team Blue Center, Jusenkyo Training Ground, Zhangjiajie, Hunan Territory, The Sherpa Empire
The first part of race weekend
There had been some suspicious activity inside the NSSCRA paddock on race weekend. Typically, suspicious activity in the paddock involved a pit crew member or five trying to not act like they had an ear-splitting hangover from an explosive bender the night before, where they took liberties with another team’s equipment. This weekend, however, the suspicious activity involved merchandise of another driver, who was not on good terms with the local sanctioning body, IRACT.

On the morning of practice day, Team Blue got wind of whatever was going on, when, on the way to the track, they passed by some protestors complaining about IRACT.

Riding in a Preston company car that had been transported on the Team Blue Express cargo plane from Hapilopper to the Sherpa Empire, the three drivers and team consultant Drake Stevenson looked at each other, not sure about what was going on.

“What are they protesting?” Frank asked.

“Hell if I know,” Chet replied. “Frankly, if it doesn’t affect me, I don’t really care. I don’t want to get involved in some sort of drama unless it involves us, ya dig?”

“Yeah, I dig,” Frank responded, still looking back at the protestors.

As the weekend wore on, the team let the controversy become background noise to them. Whatever had happened between Lexi Patterson and IRACT was not their business, and it didn’t impact what they were doing on the racetrack.

What appeared to impact Team Blue, however, was an over-aggressive setup in an attempt to coax that extra tenth of a second or two out of the cars. Specifically, the tire pressures were set beyond the recommendations issued by Tropicorp, and the right-front tires were cambered a little too aggressively to build extra corner speed.

That extra aggression bit Chris Holmes in the ass pretty hard. With the tires stressed out past their maximum loads, the right-front exploded, and Chris went on a first-class trip to the outside wall with some rather sickening force. The thud of the factory-sponsored Preston Skychief crushing the outside wall could be heard all over the Jusenkyo Training Ground, and for a brief moment, everyone went into a hush. It was one of the hardest hits anyone had ever seen in an NSSCRA-sanctioned event.

Standing atop one of the Team Blue haulers, Drake Stevenson, Ken Henson and Lawrence Malloy, Chris’s crew chief, were reviewing the action on the track when they heard the loud slam. Malloy knew what happened first, as Chris started shouting about a tire blowing just before impacting the wall. Drake and Lawrence looked toward turn one, to see Chris’ car smashed and rolling down to the apron of the track.

“Oh, fuck,” Drake muttered.

“Are you OK?” Lawrence started barking over the radio to his driver. “Chris, are you OK?”

Lawrence repeated that call a few times before Drake saw Chris put down the window net, the universal sign to everyone – competitors, fans, safety crews, and everyone else – that he was OK.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Chris said, struggling to take in a breath. “Right front blew.”

While Chris was taken to the local hospital for an evaluation, representatives from Team Blue got a hold of the car, to see what exactly had caused the accident. Almost immediately, the Tropicorp tires were absolved of any blame. The tire pressures set by Team Blue engineers, as well as the camber settings, had caused excessive loads on the right-front, to the point of explosion. As a result, Team Blue dialed back their settings, in an attempt to prevent anything like this from happening again.

Chris would race that weekend, after being cleared by the doctors. His backup car was rolled out, and by the end of the day, he felt more comfortable with the newer, more conservative setup, than what he had faced with the more aggressive one.
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:01 pm

While Todd and Dave, the two college students from New Northwesteros, were going on their caper through the garage at Jusenkyo Training Ground, Kai Qiang was sitting at a dinner table with Mendok Sherpa's parents. He had taken them to a Sherpa restaurant, which he didn't like as much as the Hunan one where he'd taken Chu's parents, but he figured they would appreciate it. Mendok had definitely enjoyed her butter tea and had fun stirring the tsampa -- until her attention was drawn away from the food because her parents objected to the idea of her sharing Qiang with another woman.

Mendok's father still disliked Qiang on general principles -- because Qiang was a Chinese peasant with uncultured habits, shoddy table manners, and a stupid accent that involved sticking extra "v"s and harsh tones in everything. Even though competing in NSSCRA had greatly improved Qiang's financial situation, Mendok's father still thought of him as a filthy peasant.

But it was her mother that objected to having another woman in the picture. "I know Tsering's your friend, but that doesn't mean you have to share your husband with her. You deserve Qiang's undivided attention," Mendok's mother said.

"No, mom, it works better this way," Mendok protested.

"Mendok, you can do better than being part of some cocky celebrity's harem," her mother insisted. "Just because Qiang is rich and famous doesn't mean he gets to treat you like property."

"He doesn't treat me like property!" said Mendok.

"I'm still here, you know," said Qiang. "And I don't treat her like property. It's not like that. I don't want a harem, just Mendok and Tsering."

"If it's not like that then you can give Mendok your full attention and Tsering will find someone else," Mendok's mother said.

"We get along better when Tsering is there to keep the peace," Qiang explained. He didn't think it would be tactful to talk about how deeply he and Tsering were in love, or to explain that he had talked to Tsering's parents first and was already "officially" engaged to her.

Meanwhile, since nobody was translating to sign language, Tsering had lost the thread of the conversation, so she was just enjoying the food. Maybe her dad had a point when he said her deafness was a blessing as well as a disability.

"Maybe you'd get along better if you paid some attention to Mendok instead of chasing after other women and spending all your time racing," Mendok's mother said.

"Mom, stop!" said Mendok. "You don't know what you're talking about!" She started crying.

Her mother glared at Qiang like she thought it was his fault, but Qiang had no intention of accepting the blame. "Are you happy now?" he said angrily. He leaned over to comfort Mendok and give her a napkin to dry her eyes. He whispered in her ear, "It's your decision if you want to get married, no matter what she says."

"This wouldn't be happening if you weren't treating Mendok and Tsering like trophies for your collection," Mendok's mother retorted.

"He doesn't treat us like trophies!" Mendok insisted. "There's some stuff he won't let me do, but it's not like I can't have my own life. He got us an au pair to help take care of Kami so I could stay in school and I'll still have my own career."

"He sounds like a controlling jerk."

"But he's NOT!"

"So why is he telling you what to do?"

"Holy Mother, mom, why are you taking everything I say and making it sound worse than it is?"

"What did he tell you can't do?"

There was an awkward silence, since Mendok didn't want to tell her mother about all the kinky sadistic things she had asked Qiang's permission to do to him.

"Just some stuff, you know?" Mendok answered awkwardly.

"Give me an example."

"It's kind of private..."

"Mendok, what did he tell you you can't do?"

"Just stuff, mom! It's not a big deal and I don't want to talk about it!"

Mendok's mother was taking this all in the worst way possible, which made her more determined than ever to get to the bottom of it. "What did he tell you can't do?"

"It's none of your business!"

"I told her she can't tape my mouth shut or tie things around my neck," Qiang explained. "Or whip me or cut me or..."

Mendok's parents were shocked and disgusted. "Mr. Qiang, we're in a restaurant and there are people at the next table!"

"I'm just explaining because you didn't get what she was talking about!" Qiang said defensively. "It's not my fault she asks me this shit!"

The evening ended with bad feelings all around. Mendok's parents were still disgusted. Qiang was annoyed that they were so eager to find fault with him. Mendok was embarrassed to be at the center of so much drama -- but she still wanted to go ahead with their plans to get married.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2013

RD17 - Tropicorp 500

Postby Tropicorp » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:51 pm

#78 Cocoabo #78, #88 Anavella Ariiki and #42 Euroli Islander find each other in Tropicoast

-
Tropicorp 500, Tropicoast Beach Coast, Tropicoast, Tropicorp :: For three of Team Tropicorp's four drivers entered into their signature event on their home turf it was a weekend to forget. For the other, Cocoabo #28, it was a career best result that would qualify them for the Five Star Five at the Pencurve Electronics 500 where they will now believe they might have a shot of stealing a late victory and potential playoff spot.

It seemed like it was going to be a dream weekend for Team Tropicorp when rookie driver Anavella Ariiki set fast time in Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Qualifying to put the #88 Tropicorp Dart on pole position for the first time in her career. Ariiki would lead the field to the green alongside eventual winner #27 Stacie Houston the defending NSSCRA Champion. While Ariiki certainly didn't look out of place piloting the #88 Tropicorp Dart around the Tropicorp track with Tropicorp billboards everywhere one looked - but it was quite clear that she still has much to learn as she quickly got shuffled back through the pack and would ultimately come home with a disappointing 28th place finish as Ariiki has lost all of the momentum she had built up in the middle of the season and is almost certainly now out of contention for the rookie of the season title.

Despite the disappointment however, Ariiki was still second best amongst Team Tropicorp drivers as Cocoabo #78 has seen their season collapse late in the going to the point where now even a race Victory would not be enough to ensure the Cocoabo a spot in the playoff chase. After a DNF in Vangaziland and a 30th place finish at home in the Tropicorp 500 Cocoabo #78 finds themslves just 10 points clear of 17th place Jenna Logan in the Regular Season standings and 28 points clear of Clarissa Alanis Star the 18th place driver in the standings whose win just to races prior in Hampton Island is currently the difference between a playoff berth and disappointment for Cocoabo #78 and all of Team Tropicorp. More critically however, if Cocoabo #78 fails to win one of the final three regular season events they now have faltered to a 31 point deficit behind Roman Gwinnett, the Xannerian driver who would currently be the last driver into the Chase field on points.

It was a big day as well for Euroli Islander who was back on track for the first time during NSSCRA Season 8 after posting four top 20's in 21 starts for Team Tropicorp during NSSCRA Season 7 - their lone top 10 finish being a near stunning victory at the Pencurve Electronics 500 where Islander eventually came home in 3rd position. Tropicorp were hoping for a strong performance from the simulator developer who was piloting a special Tropicorp Sifaka paint scheme to highlight some of the performances of the Tropicorp Sifaka tyre thus far in the NSSCRA Season 8 campaign with Fifteen Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Awards and Fifteen Race victories thus far in seventeen events. It got off to a bit of a comical start for the #42 Team in the NSSCRA Tropicorp Pit Crew Competition where a rag-tag group of fans got their chance to pit Islanders car by virtue of posting the best times of the season at the Tropicorp Pit Crew Challenge in the Fan Zone at select NSSCRA events. The #42 team had the most penalties of any competing team - three in total including an unfortunate moment where the pit sign holder tumbled over the wall. Despite the penalties, the Team Tropicorp Challenge Pit Crew still placed 33rd out of 35 teams, executing well independently even if they could not get in sync as a group. On race day it was unfortunately more of the same and in the end, with nothing to play for, Islander ducked out of the action in the closing laps to let the full time drivers duke it out eventually crossing the line in 33rd position.

While the other three Team Tropicorp drivers struggled, one has recovered to shake off a string of bad finishes to post their best ever as Cocoabo #28 put the Cocoabo Preservation Society / twii.tur dart on the podium in third place behind defending NSSCRA Champion Stacie Houston and current regular season points leader Jeremiah Brooke. With fourteen unique winners on the season thus far, Tropicoast was pulling for Cocoabo #28 late in the race to pull off the upset victory and shake up the Chase field but it was not to be - at least not this round for the Cocoabo and Team Tropicorp. Now they will hope to avoid the controversy at the Jusenkyo Training Ground in the Sherpa Empire to correct the ship and get the points back on track while possibly stealing a points race victory for the first time in team history.
- Tropicorp -

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:10 pm

Race: Lao Long 380, Jusenkyo Training Ground, Zhangjiajie, Hunan Territory, The Sherpa Empire
Lap Record: :38.81 sec.

Qualifying Results:
1 #06 - Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire)            39.354
2 #44 - Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 39.375
3 #3 - Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 39.410
4 #15 - Jolyn Helen Ceeta (Valentine Z) 39.420
5 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 39.497
6 #11 - Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 39.503
7 #18 - Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 39.510
8 #4 - Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 39.531
9 #88 - Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 39.539
10 #48 - Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 39.544
11 #37 - Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 39.581
12 #46 - Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 39.625
13 #14 - River Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 39.643
14 #24 - Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 39.659
15 #16 - Gordon Orton (Xanneria) 39.669
16 #23 - James McCurty (Hampton Island) 39.703
17 #69 - Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 39.727
18 #10 - Eddie Walters Jr. (Xanneria) 39.742
19 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 39.816
20 #79 - Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 39.822
21 #21 - Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) *Q* 39.828
22 #73 - Chet Byrd (Hapilopper) 39.828
23 #09 - Tsering Chu (The Sherpa Empire) 39.834
24 #7 - Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 39.946
25 #12 - Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 39.947
26 #82 - David Rockingham (Esmerel) 39.982
27 #81 - Chris Holmes (Hapilopper) 40.102
28 #31 - Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 40.140
29 #99 - Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 40.168
30 #41 - Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 40.191
31 #2 - Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 40.218
32 #55 - A7DXZ5 (Wagensvolk) *Q* 40.241
33 #84 - Ben Carpenter (Esmerel) 40.426
34 #22 - Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 40.495
35 #27 - Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 40.844
36 #30 - Lexi Patterson (Jebslund) 40.996
37 #25 - Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 41.063
38 #05 - Tucker Capps (The Western Carolina Union) *Q* 41.207
39 #32 - Andrew Holden (Lisander) 41.274
40 #83 - Joseph Rawlings (Esmerel) *Q* 41.387
41 #9 - Lício Granado (Lisander) 41.422
42 #75 - Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) 41.519
43 #08 - Jeff Shreeves (The Western Carolina Union) *Q* 41.642
44 #6 - Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 41.726
45 #89 - Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 41.751
46 #50 - Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 41.808
47 #03 - Mike Reddiër (Caleonia) *Q* 41.924
48 #33 - Tyler Joy (Caleonia) *Q* 41.941
49 #67 - Denny Truex Lenlin (Sedile) *Q* 41.947
50 #80 - Franklin Egar (Filindostan) *Q* 42.011
51 #00 - Ilham Lukas Jenie (Filindostan) *Q* 42.069
52 #0 - Hana Bhe (Filindostan) *Q* 42.104
53 #02 - Kohan The 10th (New Aristocracy) *Q* 42.105

54 #13 - Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 42.136
55 #94 - Daniel Almirola (Sedile) *Q* 42.330
56 #29 - Frank Joy (Caleonia) *Q* 42.373

57 #5 - Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 42.879
Last edited by Newmanistan on Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

The bottles fly

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:44 pm

2mi from Jusenkyo

The crowd of protesters were enraged when Kohan didn't Qualify and promptly blamed it on IRACT.
And so the bottles and rocks start to fly,and the water cannon were going to spray.

First,some beer bottles,followed by large rocks. The sound of the rocks hitting the asphalt could be heard at Jusenkyo.
Then it happened. Protesters started to throw Molotov's at police.

As soon as the news reached Kohan,he left for the next host nation.
The peaceful protesters went to the back,which was more peaceful than the front.

Crack! Crack! Crack!
Three protesters in the front fall as rubber buliets hit their chest.
Many of the protesters in the back started charging forward at the police.

Crack! Crack Crack!

Three more protesters fall to rubber bullets.

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:26 pm

NSSCRA: HOMETOWN DRIVERS AT FRONT ROW IN JUSENKYO
Xu qualifies; Sherpa count is six

by Maria Muller

ZHANGJIAJIE - For the Lao Long 380 NSSCRA (Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association) race at the Jusenkyo Training Ground here in the Sherpa Empire, the local drivers will be giving their fans a lot to cheer about.

The front row for the race will be composed of Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal, reigning local champion, in the #06 AutoModi, and Kai Qiang, considered the Empire's ace driver, in the #44 TMW. Aside from the two, four more Sherpalanders are in the field: Dinggu Wang (#79, starting nineteenth); Tsering Chu (#09, twenty-third); Liuyong Xu (#99, twenty-ninth) and Liangmei Li (#89, forty-third). Zakhilwal, Qiang and Wang are all full-timers; Chu and Li have the two open charter spots, while Xu races for Direwolf Auto Team in New Northwesteros as an unchartered driver, and has gotten in on time after weeks of DNQs. "I hope to do well and make my fellow Sherpa people proud", Xu told reporters in English (the Direwolf contract includes language lessons).

As for the Kanyeans, Skip Stiller, driver of the #3 Chadwick for Glorious Free Republic Motorsports, will start third, just behind Zakhilwal and Qiang. Teammate and current points leader Jeremiah Brooke, driver of the #18, is in the seventh spot in the grid, with Cassadagans Jenna Logan (#11) in front of him and Meghan Sharpe (#4) beside. "I don't mind being in the company of Dagans, really", said Brooke. "They've been known to run well, and if I'm with them, that says something about how I run as well." Stiller joked, "You don't need anything else to get on their good side, you know. They already like you." If online polls are anything to go by, Brooke is one of, if not the most, popular male driver among Cassadagan NSSCRA followers.

GFR's Thea Alvarez, meanwhile, put the #46 Chadwick in twelfth. The young racer spoke up against the ongoing issue between IRACT (Independent Racing Association of the Chinese Territories) and Team Jebslund rookie Lexi Patterson, in which the Empire's stock car racing sanctioning body put a ban on merchandise and promotional events featuring the #30 driver. Patterson is being accused of fraud due to reports that Hampton Island Racing, where she started as a part-timer, has falsified her background in order to justify her entry into the league.

"So I found out that Lexi might not have been the karting champ she says she is", said Alvarez. "On one hand, if she doesn't have the racing background that she claims to have, it's still impressive how Team Jebslund has helped her run the way she does now. On the other hand, it would be disappointing for me since I was one of the first who accepted and trusted her when she first came to the league. As for the ban, I personally would not have a problem with #30 merch being sold. Free market and freedom of choice and all that. But this is Sherpaland, not St. Kanye. If IRACT says no, let's just respect that decision."

Speaking of merchandise, Kanyean men's care company Mayhem, sponsor of Zakhilwal's car and the Stock Car Studs popularity contest, will put up their own booth at Jusenkyo, where race attendees may get free small samples of Mayhem products such as hair gel and body wash; full-sized products are also available for purchase. They can be found opposite Hyde Medical Group's ligma information booth/bake sale near the track's north entrance. All qualifying sessions and races will be broadcast live on SKYNET (Saint KanYe NETwork) Sports Channel 12, and online at nsscra.skynet.stk.

MAYHEM STOCK CAR STUDS SEMIFINALS - Final Results

Finals: Jusenkyo Race Day to Ember Valley Qualifying Day

Frank Bronson: 1.82m votes (49%)
Floyd Hackerbee: 1.9m votes (51%)

Jeremiah Brooke: 2.23m votes (47%)
Kai Qiang: 2.49m votes (53%)

(OOC: Votes are against each other only. Voters may skip matchups, so the numbers in each matchup are different.)
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:33 am

The Valentians - Interactions with Other Nations.

Wagensvolk wrote:A7DXZ5 acknowledged that yes, many people thought it was unusual to see a driverless car. "But that's the reason I wanted to do this. I want to open people's minds, to make them see cars as more than just a mindless tool for humans to use."

Clarissa looked at the car again with much excitement; she was simply a little too happy to talk to someone that understands her, apart from the Valentians. It was still unfortunate that a good percentage of the people outside still regards Clarissa as nothing but a mindless robot, so it was refreshing for someone, or the car rather, to think that way.

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: Indeed, indeed! Well, in the end, I like to think that you and I are sort of the same, haha! I mean, I get that we are different from the way we are born into this world, but at the end of the day, I think we machines deserve the same amount of respect from everyone else, you know? I might be a robot, but I have the same feelings as everyone! Of course, my Valentian friends understand me and they accept me, but there are other countries that don’t seem to think that way. I can’t blame them, but at the same time, they should not take all the robots to be mindless killing machines!

The Sherpa Empire wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: [Traditional Chinese] So err… Gwen here would like to know on whether or not you are acquainted with everyone here. And on whether or not this was the first time with your racing career, or that you have participated in previous seasons?

"I've talked to these guys around the track, and we met a few times before I got into NSSCRA, but we're from different cities and I only know them from racing against those guys," Zakhilwal explained, waving at the other men to indicate who "those guys" meant. "It's my first season in NSSCRA, so I'm still learning the ropes. Sometimes it's hard to believe it's really happening, but it feels great! I'll see you in the Chase, right?"

They rambled on like that for a while, and some of the other Sherpalanders came out to say hi. Qiang stuck around for a bit because he thought Gwen might like having someone she could talk to directly in English.

Jolyn translated it vis-à-vis to Gwen, who in turn was listening intently to the previous conversation, but did not get any of the words. Only after the translation then she understood what they meant.

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: Oooh, I see! Different cities, just like how we operate in different autonomous nations?

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Yeap, more or less! I mean, you can think of that way regarding us, so yeah.

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: All right, then… Tell them that I said thanks for the hospitality, and the explanation as well! [She then smiled at Zakhilwal, along with any other Sherpa people that she can see inside].

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: [In Traditional Chinese] Oh yes, Gwen here says thanks to all of you for the hospitality, the beer, and also for the explanations. Well, we will see each other later at your home country, of course! I bet you are all happy to go back home once again!

Just as they are considering to leave, another Sherpa man has joined the conversation, at least it seems. It was none other than Kai Qiang, and from the social network posts that he has done, Gwen found out that he can speak English. And thus the conversation continues.

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: [In her thought] So wait, she knows everything I have been saying all this time? Ooooh, good thing I didn’t blurb out anything!

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: [To Qiang] Ahh, hello there, Sir! Hmm, err… sorry if I am not sure how to address you, but can I call you Mr. Qiang, or? Anyway, err, just here to say hi! Also just want to tell you that you are very excellent with the races! You and the Sherpa people, and the ones from a few other countries, have been the talk of the Valentians lately. Congratulations on your victories so far, and I wish you all the best! So err… I assume that you have been a translator just like Jolyn over here?

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: [To Gwen] As far as I’m concerned, I guess? I’m not sure about Zakhilwal, but this whole time, when we are negotiating Clarissa’s sponsorship, we have been conversing in Chinese.

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: Ahh… oh right, err, Mr. Qiang… I heard that Lhotse Love is a major franchise in your country, so… can you recommend us a good outlet for us to dine in?
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2013

Tropicorp 500 Highlights

Postby Tropicorp » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:44 am

NSSCRA 8 | Round 17 Review: Tropicoast Beach Course

Tropicorp 500, Tropicoast Beach Course, Tropicoast, Tropicorp

The Second Tropicorp 500 is now in the books and a host of highlights came throughout the race weekend giving the organizers plenty of marketing material for next seasons event. After the completion of the first ever Tropicorp Pit Crew Competition the day before the event, the NSSCRA Stars took to the Tropicoast Beach Cource with Team Tropicorp's own Anavella Ariiki leading the field to the green flag in the #88 Tropicorp Dart. As the field screamed down the backstretch past the Tropicorp Visitors Center they would encounter a new addition to the track for this season, the large Tropicorp Sifaka bridge. A new grandstand was installed opposite the visitor center for the Pit Crew Competition which was held at the Visitor Center and these grandstands were also open for fans during the Tropicorp 500, necessitating the bridge which was then covered to look like a Tropicorp Sifaka Tyre.

There was some early excitement when Andrew Holden backed it into the double posted fencing in Turns 3 and 4 right in front of the majority of fans in attendance by the Fan Zone. Only a few laps after the restart with the field jumbled up, Chris Holmes in the #81 would go for a slide off the transition between asphalt and compacted sand entering the large curve. Unlike Holden, however, Holmes would recover nicely for a Top 10 finish. While the majority of the Team Tropicorp drivers struggled, including the special edition #42 Tropicorp Sifaka Dart of Euroli Islander, there was still plenty of action up front as Jeremiah Brooke and Stacie Houston took turns up front before the defending series champion took the checkers preventing her sponsor from having to pay up a monetary bonus to any of the Five Star Five drivers or fans in attendance. While the NSSCRA circuit has made its last trip to Tropicorp for the season, the Tropicorp Pit Crew Challenge will be hitting the road and making its way to the majority of the remaining events including the next Five Star Combo race in Saint Kanye.

Top Action from the Tropicorp 500

Image Image
ImageImage
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

- Tropicorp -

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:04 am

Scene: Stafford City Speedway CEO meets a couple employees at his new dirt and go-kart track

CEO: Hello, there, I am your new boss. This is a lovely facility, I love both the dirt track and the go-kart track. What is your name?

Employee 1: Shannon.

CEO: Are you still going to school?

Shannon: Yes, I am a junior at Western Stafford College.

CEO: How’s tuition going?

Shannon: In a lot of student debt.

CEO: I see you only make $9.25 an hour. That sucks. How does anyone survive on that?

Shannon: I really don’t.

CEO: How would you like me to pay off all of your student loans right here and now?

Shannon: That would be amazing.

CEO: I prepared a statement here. All you have to do is read this in a short advertisement.

Shannon: Yeah, great! (Looks it over) I don’t think I really knew Lexi, but I didn’t really pay attention to who won the races.

CEO: Don’t worry, it just implies that we are talking about Lexi. Very, very strongly, that even a three year old could figure it out. But it does not specifically mention Lexi. Are you down?

Shannon: Yes!

CEO: Great!

(CEO moves on)

CEO: Hello there, what’s your name?

Employee 2: Adriana.

CEO: You knew the old owner here pretty well, right?

Adriana: Yes!

CEO: He’ll be fine, he has been paid very nicely by me. He only paid you $8.75 an hour. For all that record keeping. Guys in box office sales, who has worked here two less years made more then that.

Adriana: Really?

CEO: How is life?

Adriana: I like my job, but it’s a struggle being a single mom and feeding three kids.

CEO: I bet, you must need state assistance.

Adriana: Yeah.

CEO: A shame. How would you like $250,000?

Adriana: Uh, I would, yes!

CEO: We’re going to create some files, make up some races that happened here in the past. We’re going to say Lexi Patterson won them and then release them to the media. We’re going to add in some names of people that she beat who will go along with it. Then we’re going to say that the old owner did not want to let people know Lexi raced here because he was very resentful of the way the media covered the bear incident years ago.

Adriana: He did hate the media.

CEO: Exactly, so it’ll be logical. Then everyone will get solid proof that she raced here. There is no way Lexi will refute this because she will look bad. I have covered all of the little things to make sure there are no holes in the story. We’ll get this released quickly. $250,000 just think about it!

Adriana: You’re the best!

The CEO has similar conversations and payouts with other track personnel to ensure people go with his story.
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:11 am

The president of the Zhangjiajie Racing Club arrived at Jusenkyo bright and early in the morning on the day of qualifying for the Lao Long 380. At the door to his office he found what he initially thought was a Tibetan goat herder -- but then he noticed that the goat was wearing a motorcycle helmet and the Tibetan man in his traditional ethnic costume was holding a slick leather briefcase and wearing a very expensive watch. "Can I help you?" the president of the racing club asked.

The man reached out to shake hands and introduced himself. "Dhargey Ladakh. I am an attorney for Mr. Nawang Shang. Yesterday, my client was turned into a goat while participating in a motorcycle race that you hosted on your property."

The day before qualifying had featured a motorcycle race as well as practice time for the NSSCRA teams, and the illustrious Mr. Nawang Shang had crashed his motorcycle in such a way that he was thrown from the bike and landed in a nearby spring. This was Yangniichuan, the Spring of Drowned Goat, where local legend says a goat drowned in a tragic accident 1400 years ago.

"Your client signed a waiver saying he understood that motorcycle racing was dangerous and Zhangjiajie Racing Club wasn't liable if he was injured," the president of the racing club said.

The Tibetan lawyer nodded. "Yes, but this is not something that normally happens in motorcycle racing and it would be very bad for your public image if the story came out when you are already in the midst of a controversy. I believe some compensation for my client is warranted."

The president of the racing club rolled his eyes. "How much do you want?"

"50 million rupees."

The president of the racing club sighed. "That's not happening. Your client signed a waiver. I'll give you a million."

"25."

"I don't think this is going to work..."

"That's very unfortunate."

(OOC: More to follow, but I'm posting things as they are written so people can react.)

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:18 am

News of the commotion between the Newark Aristocracy protesters and police had reached Jusenkyo. Track staff were hustling about more urgently than usual, updating each other as the situation unfolded and preparing in case the ruckus spread back to the track. Tenzing Rai was supposed to be keeping tabs on Kai Qiang, not breaking up riots, but he thought he might be needed. He dropped off his niece at the ticket booth at the entrance to the track and told the ticket checker to watch her for a few minutes. "This is a race track, not a day care," the ticket checker protested.

"I'm a government agent," Tenzing told him, and showed ID to prove it.

"O-okay," the ticket checker said uncertainly.

Tenzing told his niece, "Wait here, okay?"

"Okay!"

He hurried off and his niece began proudly showing off her stuffed cocoabo to the ticket checker. The cocoabo was very ragged-looking after several weeks of being carried all over the world to different races. "Do you want to see my cocoabo? His name's Cocoabo Number A Million."

"O-okay...yeah, sure, tell me about your cocoabo," the ticket checker said uncertainly. This was not something the track management had covered in her job training and she really hoped Tenzing would come back soon.

Meanwhile, the Newark protesters were ignoring an English-speaking officer's orders to stop throwing things and disperse. A couple of especially rowdy protesters got tackled and stuffed into police cars, but that only enraged the crowd more. An officer fired a warning shot into the air, and some of the others drew their guns, aiming into the crowd. "Break it up or we'll open fire!"

Maybe the protesters thought the cops were using rubber bullets, or maybe they really thought it was worth dying over a disagreement with IRACT. Someone threw a Molotov cocktail at a cop car and the officers ducked for cover. Another officer some distance from the ones the Molotov was aimed at shot the man who had thrown it and he collapsed on the pavement.

All hell broke loose and anyone with any common sense got out of there as fast as they could.

As he walked toward the center of the fighting, Tenzing got a lot of confused looks from the peaceful protesters that were scrambling to get out of harm's way. He wasn't in a uniform and he didn't look especially tough. He was not tall or muscular, he had a bland face, and he was dressed in a tropical shirt that looked more Vilitan than Sherpa. The people near the back of the Newark mob either thought he was Vilitan or decided their own safety was more important than their grievances with IRACT, and they didn't confront him. But as he got closer to the center of the fighting, the mood changed. Someone realized he wasn't Vilitan and threw a rock at him. Tenzing raised his hand and blue light flashed from his hand, blasting the rock away and knocking down the protester. The protester writhed on the ground, still alive, but badly injured. A few people that had been milling about made up their minds that it was time to leave when they saw Tenzing's magic, but others didn't seem eager to leave. Tenzing let some threatening sparks flicker around his fingertips. "Anyone else?"

(OOC: In case Newark wants to RP further fighting after Tenzing arrives: Tenzing's spell only works on people who attack him first. He can't just indiscriminately blast down anyone and anything in his path.)

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019

Postby Hapilopper » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:27 am

The Team Blue Center, Jusenkyo Training Ground, Zhangjiajie, Hunan Territory, The Sherpa Empire
The second part of race weekend
On paper, qualifying didn’t go as well as Team Blue would have liked. Sure, Frank Bronson was 11th on the grid, but Chet Byrd ended up 22nd and Chris Holmes was 27th. But when you looked at those qualifying results a little deeper, you’d find that, all things considered, 27th wasn’t all that bad, especially considering the trouble that Chris had gone through to make it to the field.

Team Blue had made the mistake of putting on a more aggressive setup than normal in the three cars in an attempt to move their cars up through the field. That setup was too much for the tires, and the right front tire of Chris Holmes’ primary car exploded at speed going into turn one the day before qualifying, sending the 81 car into the outside wall with disgusting force. Chris was OK, but the car was a total write-off. With less time to prepare the backup car, which had been intended for the next race, the Super Skychief 500, 27th really wasn’t all that bad.

Ken Henson, the team owner of Team Blue, had called a closed-door team meeting with his crew chiefs and car chiefs, who had been responsible for formulating the setups for the cars. Ken was not pleased with what had happened, and wanted an explanation as the chiefs had put a more aggressive setup on the cars than was feasible.

“Look, the fact is, everyone does it,” said Tyler Winfield, car chief for Chris Holmes. “We’re in a really competitive field. You know it and so does everyone else. We have to run on the ragged edge of that envelope for us to be competitive. We’ve been trying to run as aggressively as we can so we can run up front. The only reason we’re having this meeting is because Chris wrecked, is that right?”

“That’s right,” Ken said. “But, the fact is…”

“The fact is nothing,” Tyler said. “Chris wasn’t hurt. You tell us every single day to try to find something that will give us an extra tenth of a second. The reason that car was set up that way was out of that desire to find that extra tenth. You wouldn’t be too thrilled if we just left that speed on the table, would you?”

“Well, no, but…”

“We owe it to you and to those three drivers out there to find that speed,” Tyler continued. “If we leave that speed on the table, knowing it’s there, we’re not doing our fucking job right.”

Tyler had a point. Every week since the season started, Ken and the three drivers had challenged the crews to find some extra speed in the cars wherever they could find it. The chiefs responsible for the setups felt they had found that extra speed in the form of a few setup tricks. The speed was there, but it came at a cost.

“Sometimes we go over the edge,” Tyler said. “But guess what? That’s racing. You win some, you lose some and you wreck some.”

The fact was, Tyler was right. Teams went over the ragged edge all the time in an attempt to gain some speed where it wasn’t there. In fact, that day, in the HASCAR Challenge Cup round at Pinkerton, Tyson Hoyt learned first-hand what it was like to go over that ragged edge and pay the price for it. His team had overdone the setup of his car, and on the fifth lap of a 300-lap race, Tyson’s tire blew in front of the field. He went straight into the outside wall, and in the ensuing carnage, was t-boned hard by a backmarker. Tyson was hospitalized, and was expected to miss the rest of the season, if not more. It was one of the most violent incidents in the history of HASCAR racing, and left an imprint on the minds of those that watched it.

It was also a reminder that going over that ragged edge could have disastrous consequences. Chris was lucky. Tyson wasn’t.

The next day, Hapiloppian reporters were more interested in asking Team Blue about the accident in Pinkerton, rather than their chances for the race at the Jusenkyo Training Ground.

“Just a bad deal,” Drake Stevenson said on race day. “You know, we run about as hard as we can, and eventually once you step over the line, it’ll bite you pretty hard. Tyson got bit hard. We’re lucky that Chris got out OK.”

As race day dawned, however, the three Team Blue drivers were in a pretty positive mood. Their goal was to run well in this race, and then it would be time to head home for a week of excitement. The next race after this one would be in Hapilopper City, on the one-mile oval on the grounds of the Hapilopper National Exhibition, which, by the way, was formally opened the same day of the Lao Long 380.

More importantly, the Team Blue drivers would get to stay at their own homes, rather than having to be cooped up in the Team Blue Center at the racetrack, which, while a very nice place for the team to spend the weekend, it was no substitute for home. Plus, Chet Byrd had plans to invite most of the NSSCRA drivers and their families over for a gigantic cookout and pool party.

“NSSCRA DRIVERS! Let’s get together for a gigantic celebration, Hapilopper-style, just before the Super Skychief 500! It’s the first ever Chet Byrd Big-Ass Stock Car Bash! Featuring a barbecue, a huge pot of chili, beer, tunes, and my famous solar-powered salt-water pool!”

Chet gave one of the invitations to Frank Bronson, who chuckled at the wording.

“That’s the name of it? ‘Big-Ass Stock Car Bash’?” Frank asked.

“Yeah, you like it?” Chet said.

“Hell yeah I do,” Frank said. “Glad you don’t have that busybody neighbor to ruin things. Better make sure Marty Lewis stays away from the deal though.”

“Why?” Chet asked.

“Because that thing with chili? You ever hear the story of how last year’s chili cook-off at the HNE got ruined?”

“Tell me.”

“Marty had gotten ahold of several bottles of what was called ‘death sauce,’ this ultra-hot sauce, I think it was like 850,000 Scoville units or something,” Frank said. “So he went there, and everyone was under the impression that he was going there to taste the chili. He put some of this sauce in every single pot of chili, stirred it up, and by the time it came to judge the different chilis, the judges couldn’t because they were in so much pain from the hot sauce.”

“What an asshole,” Chet replied.

“Yeah, Marty was never caught,” Frank said. “He told me this as if he had done something good. It even made the news. Lot of people were mad as hell about this prank.”

Lawrence Malloy walked by, and after hearing this story, stopped.

“That was him? My father was mad as hell because his chili had been tampered with. I’ll tell him.”

Lawrence’s father, John Malloy, was Drake Stevenson’s crew chief for a number of years, and was rumored to be coming back to serve as Drake’s crew chief for the Super Skychief 500.
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:56 am

Valentine Z wrote:Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: [To Qiang] Ahh, hello there, Sir! Hmm, err… sorry if I am not sure how to address you, but can I call you Mr. Qiang, or? Anyway, err, just here to say hi! Also just want to tell you that you are very excellent with the races! You and the Sherpa people, and the ones from a few other countries, have been the talk of the Valentians lately. Congratulations on your victories so far, and I wish you all the best! So err… I assume that you have been a translator just like Jolyn over here?

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: [To Gwen] As far as I’m concerned, I guess? I’m not sure about Zakhilwal, but this whole time, when we are negotiating Clarissa’s sponsorship, we have been conversing in Chinese.

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: Ahh… oh right, err, Mr. Qiang… I heard that Lhotse Love is a major franchise in your country, so… can you recommend us a good outlet for us to dine in?

"My friends call me Qiang Kai. I don't live in Zhangjiajie, but I'm sure you can find a Lhotse Love if you walk around downtown. Those things are everywhere."

Wagensvolk
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Wagensvolk » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:36 pm

A7DXZ5 had enjoyed her conversation with Clarissa and she felt like they had a bond as fellow-machines. She thought they might both benefit by supporting each other.

At Jusenkyo, she sought out the big Valentinian robot to wish her luck and suggest that they might work together as drafting partners.

All the controversy among the humans was just confusing, and A7DXZ5 did her best to ignore it. Humans could be so strange...

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:07 pm

somewhere behind the riot

Gear on.
Copy.
If our own people wanna riot,let them know they can't.
Ok.

The Riot...
A few cars blocked the street behind the rioters
From them came men in riot gear and shields.
Turns out the NBI had most of their RCU's on undercover deployment in The Sherpa Empire just for the race.
(RCU=Riot Containment Unit.)
Now the rioters were being converged on from both sides with shields pushing the rear forward and bullets pushing the front backwards.

Jebslund
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:13 pm

The Sherpa Empire wrote:News of the commotion between the Newark Aristocracy protesters and police had reached Jusenkyo. Track staff were hustling about more urgently than usual, updating each other as the situation unfolded and preparing in case the ruckus spread back to the track. Tenzing Rai was supposed to be keeping tabs on Kai Qiang, not breaking up riots, but he thought he might be needed. He dropped off his niece at the ticket booth at the entrance to the track and told the ticket checker to watch her for a few minutes. "This is a race track, not a day care," the ticket checker protested.

"I'm a government agent," Tenzing told him, and showed ID to prove it.

"O-okay," the ticket checker said uncertainly.

Tenzing told his niece, "Wait here, okay?"

"Okay!"

He hurried off and his niece began proudly showing off her stuffed cocoabo to the ticket checker. The cocoabo was very ragged-looking after several weeks of being carried all over the world to different races. "Do you want to see my cocoabo? His name's Cocoabo Number A Million."

"O-okay...yeah, sure, tell me about your cocoabo," the ticket checker said uncertainly. This was not something the track management had covered in her job training and she really hoped Tenzing would come back soon.

Meanwhile, the Newark protesters were ignoring an English-speaking officer's orders to stop throwing things and disperse. A couple of especially rowdy protesters got tackled and stuffed into police cars, but that only enraged the crowd more. An officer fired a warning shot into the air, and some of the others drew their guns, aiming into the crowd. "Break it up or we'll open fire!"

Maybe the protesters thought the cops were using rubber bullets, or maybe they really thought it was worth dying over a disagreement with IRACT. Someone threw a Molotov cocktail at a cop car and the officers ducked for cover. Another officer some distance from the ones the Molotov was aimed at shot the man who had thrown it and he collapsed on the pavement.

All hell broke loose and anyone with any common sense got out of there as fast as they could.

As he walked toward the center of the fighting, Tenzing got a lot of confused looks from the peaceful protesters that were scrambling to get out of harm's way. He wasn't in a uniform and he didn't look especially tough. He was not tall or muscular, he had a bland face, and he was dressed in a tropical shirt that looked more Vilitan than Sherpa. The people near the back of the Newark mob either thought he was Vilitan or decided their own safety was more important than their grievances with IRACT, and they didn't confront him. But as he got closer to the center of the fighting, the mood changed. Someone realized he wasn't Vilitan and threw a rock at him. Tenzing raised his hand and blue light flashed from his hand, blasting the rock away and knocking down the protester. The protester writhed on the ground, still alive, but badly injured. A few people that had been milling about made up their minds that it was time to leave when they saw Tenzing's magic, but others didn't seem eager to leave. Tenzing let some threatening sparks flicker around his fingertips. "Anyone else?"

(OOC: In case Newark wants to RP further fighting after Tenzing arrives: Tenzing's spell only works on people who attack him first. He can't just indiscriminately blast down anyone and anything in his path.)

There had been a group of Meerderbäume residents had planned to stage their own protest that day. Everything from any necessary permits to posting Chinese- and Sherpa-language posters anywhere it was legal to detailing when, where, and for how long the protest would take place was taken care of, signs the locals could actually read were made, and the spokespeople, all of whom were fluent in Chinese and/or Sherpa, were selected. The protest would go until one hour before the race.

And then one of the Newark protestors decided to throw a Molotov at the local police. All thought of protest left the minds of the Jebslunden protestors as those with strong medical training and/or magic rushed to tend to any wounded officers, those with strong crowd management skills rushed to get and keep the area clear of any bystanders, and those with good combat training who could speak the language offered their assistance to the officers.

None of them were armed, out of respect for Sherpa culture, but all were ready to subdue any protestors foolish enough to attack, especially those who were second- or third-generation augmented Kerbals, who towered over even the normal gen ones, those who had finished growing at around two meters with only the standard level of gene therapy. Two in particular had taken up positions covering Tenzing Rai's back. "We're here to help. Put us where you need us, sir.", one said in fluent, if accented, Sherpa. Both Kerbals had sparks dancing across the skin on their arms, a sign that they had readied lightning spells if needed.
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.
Shockingly, we *do* use NS stats, with the exception of lifespan.
Singular sapient: Jebslunder
Plural Sapient: Jebslunden
Singular/Plural nonsapient: Kermanic
Note: When a verb can logically only be done by the sapient using/piloting/holding the object in question, then the appropriate demonym for the number of sapients is used.

Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism are ECONOMIC SYSTEMS. Stop conflating them with political systems.

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:20 pm

In light of the recent protest riots in the Sherpa Empire involving citizens of the Newark Aristocracy, the government of St. Kanye has made a decision.

Newarkers are to be banned from the country in the 15-day period starting a week before the Pencurve Electronics 500 in Jalton, and ending a week after the said race, and for another 15-day period starting a week before the Kardashia Chadwick Dealers 400 in Kardashia, and ending a week after the said race. Any Newarker who visits the country outside these periods may stay, but must go back immediately once the periods arrive.

Exception #1: NSSCRA driver Kohan X and his crew, to allow them to continue to participate in the Kanyean races. However, heavy restrictions will be placed on what they can and cannot do in the country.

Kohan and his crew may only be either on track premises during practice, qualifying and the races themselves, and in a designated hotel otherwise.

Security personnel shall escort them to and from the airport or seaport from which they will be arriving, and shall be keeping an eye on them, both while they are on the track and in their hotel.

All purchases and phone calls are to be done through the security personnel as well; every package received will be inspected, and rejected if necessary.

Electronic devices will not be permitted, except those considered necessary for their racing efforts.

Kohan and his crew must leave St. Kanye immediately after the race is over, or after qualifying is over in the case of them not qualifying.

Exception #2: Kanyean authorities are working with their Sherpa counterparts to identify the Newarkers who have been part of the riots in the Empire. These protesters shall instead be banned from St. Kanye for life.

The GFR drivers have received invitations to the Chet Byrd Big-Ass Stock Car Bash, and this is how they responded.

Skip Stiller said yes, bringing a guitar and an officially licensed GFR deck of cards. Brooke requested to be the Jack because J can also stand for Jeremiah. Alvarez is the Queen, Stiller is the King, and Sage is the Joker.

Jeremiah Brooke will be there, with a Space Ogres (metal band from Vangaziland) album and some potato salad. Actually his mother's recipe, this is the first time that he himself will make it.

Thea Alvarez noticed that it seems to be a boys' night out, and said that she will see first if the Dagans/Lexi/other girls come.

Sage Caldwell is in, too, and has started researching drinking games. He will bring several cases of Blood Moon Beer, his sponsor.
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Toys 4 All - Wave 3SE

Postby Vilita and Turori » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:28 pm

Lao Long 380, Jusenkyo Training Ground, Zhangjiajie, Hunan Territory, The Sherpa Empire :: While the rest of the multiverse struggled to find a way to accept or appropriately speak out against the IRACT when the NSSCRA headed to the Jusenkyo Training ground for their first trip to The Sherpa Empire during the NSSCRA's 8th season, Ellyn Illinoi believed that she had a plan to capitalize on any potential drama that would ensue through her Racing Collectors product line.

When planning out the Wave schedule for the NSSCRA 8 mainline releases she strategically placed two of the potentially controversial drivers in Wave 3. Wave 3 would have a slight shorter production run than Wave 1 or 2 to make room for the transition to the Five Star Combo product line which would require a virtual shut down of main line production over a five week stretch at the end of the NSSCRA 8 Regular Season. There was enough time between runs however to pump out a limited run of two specially modified Racing Collectors items featuring Hampton Island Racing's #23 James McCurty and Jebslunder Motorenworken's #30 Lexi Patterson. Rumors throughout had suggested that there would be bans against McCurty's sponsor Starlight Suites and Patterson herself from competing in the Lao Long 380 - and even if those threats never came to fruition it would certainly be possible that a merchandise sales ban on items bearing their likeness would be enforced - either lawfully or forcibly while the NSSCRA was in The Sherpa Empire. So Ellyn Illinoi had a backup plan. In fact it wasn't so much a backup plan as a plan to circumvent any possible merchandising issues inside The Sherpa Empire as well as offer a product that might just offer an outlet for those who wished to speak out against the bans to show their frustration by purchasing Toys '4' All products at the track.

So Illinoi made a special edition Wave 3 duo just for the Sherpa Empire featuring a #23 Hampton Island Racing machine with no sponsor decals for driver James McCurty and, just to ensure all would be kosher, a 'misprinted' Jebslunder Motorenworken Bartpinguin that from a distance looked just like Lexi Pattersons #30 machine but was actually numbered '80' with the name "Pexi Latterson" on the collectible card instead of Lexi Patterson.

Image . . . . Image

While Wave 3 Racing Collectors Diecast are already available in retailers throughout the multiverse, none of the wave had made it to The Sherpa Empire for logistical purposes as the waves would have included the McCurty and Patterson cars inside the shipments. While the Toys '4' All sales team would be bringing the other three Wave 3 collectibles with them for sale at the track it is expected that the special edition sponsorless #23 and "Pexi Latterson" #80 will be exclusive to trackside sales during the Lao Long 380 race weekend and will not be seen at any retailers outside the Sherpa Empire.

Illinoi did not comment on whether there would be a Wave 4 release prior to the end of the NSSCRA Regular Season or if more special edition waves were the future of her Racing Collectors product line.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Race: Lao Long 380, Jusenkyo Training Ground, Zhangjiajie, Hunan Territory, The Sherpa Empire
Lap Record: 0:38.81 sec.
Minimum Time to avoid DNF: 0:42.250 sec.

Segment 1:
1 #06 - Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire)           39.231
2 #79 - Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 39.304
3 #41 - Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 39.308
4 #44 - Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 39.344
5 #46 - Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 39.366
6 #27 - Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 39.369
7 #15 - Jolyn Helen Ceeta (Valentine Z) 39.378
8 #4 - Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 39.446
9 #13 - Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 39.477
10 #73 - Chet Byrd (Hapilopper) 39.480
11 #31 - Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 39.502
12 #22 - Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 39.510
13 #5 - Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 39.519
14 #16 - Gordon Orton (Xanneria) 39.623
15 #7 - Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 39.634
16 #6 - Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 39.661
17 #24 - Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 39.729
18 #12 - Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 39.734
19 #11 - Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 39.740
20 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 39.741
21 #48 - Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 39.785
22 #89 - Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 39.869
23 #3 - Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 39.873
24 #84 - Ben Carpenter (Esmerel) 40.044
25 #09 - Tsering Chu (The Sherpa Empire) 40.069
26 #88 - Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 40.077
27 #81 - Chris Holmes (Hapilopper) 40.090
28 #2 - Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 40.262
29 #14 - River Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 40.282
30 #30 - Lexi Patterson (Jebslund) 40.344
31 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 40.429
32 #23 - James McCurty (Hampton Island) 40.499
33 #69 - Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 40.518
34 #18 - Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 40.724
35 #82 - David Rockingham (Esmerel) 40.725
36 #37 - Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 41.056
37 #10 - Eddie Walters Jr. (Xanneria) 41.068
38 #32 - Andrew Holden (Lisander) 41.096
39 #50 - Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 41.128
40 #99 - Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 41.301
41 #25 - Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 41.746
42 #9 - Lício Granado (Lisander) 41.849
43 #75 - Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) 41.894
44 #55 - A7DXZ5 (Wagensvolk) *Q* 41.933
45 #21 - Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) *Q* 42.239
46 #05 - Tucker Capps (The Western Carolina Union) *Q* 42.633 DNF

Segment 2:
1 #41 - Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori)              39.273
2 #18 - Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 39.287
3 #14 - River Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 39.296
4 #4 - Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 39.303
5 #81 - Chris Holmes (Hapilopper) 39.369
6 #13 - Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 39.411
7 #6 - Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 39.422
8 #88 - Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 39.449
9 #5 - Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 39.464
10 #3 - Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 39.473
11 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 39.490
12 #69 - Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 39.566
13 #27 - Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 39.597
14 #7 - Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 39.599
15 #10 - Eddie Walters Jr. (Xanneria) 39.604
16 #12 - Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 39.612
17 #06 - Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 39.771
18 #30 - Lexi Patterson (Jebslund) 39.790
19 #79 - Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 39.813
20 #55 - A7DXZ5 (Wagensvolk) *Q* 39.859
21 #24 - Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 39.879
22 #48 - Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 39.945
23 #44 - Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 39.946
24 #99 - Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 39.979
25 #2 - Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 39.986
26 #84 - Ben Carpenter (Esmerel) 40.068
27 #15 - Jolyn Helen Ceeta (Valentine Z) 40.079
28 #11 - Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 40.230
29 #23 - James McCurty (Hampton Island) 40.253
30 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 40.281
31 #21 - Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) *Q* 40.363
32 #37 - Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 40.781
33 #09 - Tsering Chu (The Sherpa Empire) 40.799
34 #89 - Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 40.882
35 #16 - Gordon Orton (Xanneria) 40.892
36 #73 - Chet Byrd (Hapilopper) 41.279
37 #50 - Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 41.386
38 #75 - Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) 41.446
39 #9 - Lício Granado (Lisander) 41.772
40 #32 - Andrew Holden (Lisander) 41.811
41 #82 - David Rockingham (Esmerel) 41.857
42 #31 - Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 42.056
43 #46 - Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 42.097
44 #22 - Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 42.111
45 #25 - Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 42.243

Segment 3:
1 #30 - Lexi Patterson (Jebslund)                       39.201
2 #31 - Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 39.223
3 #81 - Chris Holmes (Hapilopper) 39.343
4 #18 - Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 39.361
5 #46 - Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 39.374
6 #79 - Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 39.375
7 #23 - James McCurty (Hampton Island) 39.390
8 #22 - Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 39.415
9 #11 - Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 39.433
10 #6 - Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 39.444
11 #4 - Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 39.465
12 #5 - Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 39.553
13 #13 - Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 39.580
14 #24 - Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 39.591
15 #89 - Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 39.634
16 #10 - Eddie Walters Jr. (Xanneria) 39.666
17 #12 - Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 39.722
18 #55 - A7DXZ5 (Wagensvolk) *Q* 39.722
19 #69 - Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 39.746
20 #06 - Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 39.753
21 #7 - Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 39.757
22 #2 - Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 39.766
23 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 39.768
24 #37 - Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 39.854
25 #16 - Gordon Orton (Xanneria) 39.858
26 #15 - Jolyn Helen Ceeta (Valentine Z) 39.865
27 #41 - Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 39.946
28 #82 - David Rockingham (Esmerel) 39.987
29 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 40.005
30 #99 - Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 40.099
31 #14 - River Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 40.150
32 #48 - Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 40.157
33 #27 - Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 40.513
34 #73 - Chet Byrd (Hapilopper) 40.865
35 #88 - Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 40.906
36 #09 - Tsering Chu (The Sherpa Empire) 40.948
37 #21 - Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) *Q* 41.094
38 #44 - Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 41.166
39 #9 - Lício Granado (Lisander) 41.385
40 #32 - Andrew Holden (Lisander) 41.815
41 #25 - Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 41.833
42 #75 - Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) 41.903
43 #84 - Ben Carpenter (Esmerel) 41.937
44 #50 - Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 42.548 DNF
45 #3 - Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 42.586 DNF

Segment 4:
1 #44 - Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire)                   39.231
2 #2 - Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 39.232
3 #79 - Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 39.259
4 #18 - Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 39.285
5 #37 - Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 39.348
6 #23 - James McCurty (Hampton Island) 39.349
7 #15 - Jolyn Helen Ceeta (Valentine Z) 39.385
8 #30 - Lexi Patterson (Jebslund) 39.386
9 #7 - Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 39.392
10 #14 - River Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 39.428
11 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 39.445
12 #06 - Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 39.454
13 #27 - Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 39.458
14 #31 - Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 39.459
15 #41 - Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 39.506
16 #48 - Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 39.525
17 #69 - Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 39.591
18 #73 - Chet Byrd (Hapilopper) 39.639
19 #6 - Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 39.655
20 #55 - A7DXZ5 (Wagensvolk) *Q* 39.754
21 #5 - Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 39.832
22 #21 - Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) *Q* 39.889
23 #81 - Chris Holmes (Hapilopper) 39.935
24 #89 - Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 39.939
25 #46 - Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 40.034
26 #11 - Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 40.149
27 #10 - Eddie Walters Jr. (Xanneria) 40.358
28 #84 - Ben Carpenter (Esmerel) 40.487
29 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 40.580
30 #13 - Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 40.632
31 #16 - Gordon Orton (Xanneria) 40.787
32 #25 - Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 41.107
33 #12 - Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 41.157
34 #32 - Andrew Holden (Lisander) 41.341
35 #88 - Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 41.369
36 #99 - Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 41.372
37 #9 - Lício Granado (Lisander) 41.441
38 #4 - Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 41.568
39 #75 - Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) 41.633
40 #24 - Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 41.683
41 #82 - David Rockingham (Esmerel) 41.825
42 #22 - Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 42.577 DNF
43 #09 - Tsering Chu (The Sherpa Empire) 42.850 DNF

Segment 5:
1 #79 - Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire)                 39.181
2 #46 - Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 39.201
3 #14 - River Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 39.204
4 #4 - Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 39.268
5 #81 - Chris Holmes (Hapilopper) 39.271
6 #18 - Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 39.311
7 #11 - Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 39.333
8 #5 - Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 39.338
9 #41 - Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 39.491
10 #27 - Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 39.494
11 #30 - Lexi Patterson (Jebslund) 39.496
12 #06 - Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 39.524
13 #44 - Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 39.654
14 #69 - Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 39.797
15 #15 - Jolyn Helen Ceeta (Valentine Z) 39.830
16 #10 - Eddie Walters Jr. (Xanneria) 39.917
17 #21 - Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) *Q* 39.918
18 #24 - Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 39.980
19 #2 - Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 39.985
20 #73 - Chet Byrd (Hapilopper) 39.988
21 #23 - James McCurty (Hampton Island) 40.011
22 #99 - Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 40.016
23 #88 - Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 40.082
24 #12 - Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 40.096
25 #6 - Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 40.096
26 #37 - Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 40.134
27 #55 - A7DXZ5 (Wagensvolk) *Q* 40.167
28 #16 - Gordon Orton (Xanneria) 40.214
29 #31 - Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 40.462
30 #89 - Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 40.471
31 #13 - Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 40.557
32 #7 - Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 40.617
33 #48 - Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 40.734
34 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 40.866
35 #82 - David Rockingham (Esmerel) 40.883
36 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 40.923
37 #32 - Andrew Holden (Lisander) 41.217
38 #84 - Ben Carpenter (Esmerel) 41.242
39 #25 - Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 41.725
40 #75 - Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) 41.728
41 #9 - Lício Granado (Lisander) 41.737

Final Results:
+-----+-----------------------------------------------+--------+
| Pos | Driver | Avg. |
| 1 | #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) | 39.386 | WINNER
| 2 | #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) | 39.505 |
| 3 | #5 Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) | 39.541 |
| 4 | #06 Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) | 39.547 |
| 5 | #18 Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) | 39.594 |
| 6 | #81 Chris Holmes (Hapilopper) | 39.602 |
| 7 | #30 Lexi Patterson (Jebslund) | 39.643 |
| 8 | #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) | 39.656 |
| 9 | #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) | 39.672 |
| 10 | #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) | 39.686 |
| 11 | #15 Jolyn Helen Ceeta (Valentine Z) | 39.707 |
| 12 | #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) | 39.777 |
| 13 | #7 Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) | 39.800 |
| 14 | #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) | 39.810 |
| 15 | #69 Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) | 39.844 |
| 16 | #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) | 39.846 |
| 17 | #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) | 39.868 |
| 18 | #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) | 39.900 |
| 19 | #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) | 39.931 |
| 20 | #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) | 40.014 |
| 21 | #48 Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) | 40.029 |
| 22 | #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) | 40.058 |
| 23 | #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) | 40.064 |
| 24 | #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) | 40.123 |
| 25 | #31 Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) | 40.140 |
| 26 | #89 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) | 40.159 |
| 27 | #24 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) | 40.172 |
| 28 | #37 Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) | 40.235 |
| 29 | #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) | 40.247 |
| 30 | #73 Chet Byrd (Hapilopper) | 40.250 |
| 31 | #16 Gordon Orton (Xanneria) | 40.275 |
| 32 | #55 A7DXZ5 (Wagensvolk) | 40.287 |
| 33 | #88 Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) | 40.377 |
| 34 | #99 Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) | 40.553 |
| 35 | #21 Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) | 40.701 |
| 36 | #84 Ben Carpenter (Esmerel) | 40.756 |
| 37 | #82 David Rockingham (Esmerel) | 41.055 |
| 38 | #32 Andrew Holden (Lisander) | 41.456 |
| 39 | #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) | 41.637 |
| 40 | #75 Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) | 41.721 |
| 41 | #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) | 41.731 |
| 42 | #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) | DNF |
| 43 | #09 Tsering Chu (The Sherpa Empire) | DNF |
| 44 | #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) | DNF |
| 45 | #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) | DNF |
| 46 | #05 Tucker Capps (Western Carolina Union) | DNF |

Point Standings (thru 18 races)
+-----+------------------------------------------------+--------+
| Pos | Driver | Points |
| 1 | #18 Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)* | 695 |
| 2 | #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua)** | 686 |
| 3 | #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire)* | 681 |
| 4 | #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)** | 672 |
| 5 | #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori)* | 664 |
| 6 | #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori)* | 621 |
| 7 | #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund)* | 619 |
| 8 | #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye)* | 616 |
| 9 | #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori)** | 599 |
| 10 | #15 Jolyn Helen Ceeta (Valentine Z)* | 590 |
| 11 | #30 Lexi Patterson (Jebslund) | 584 |
| 12 | #06 Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire)* | 557 |
| 13 | #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) | 556 |
| 14 | #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua)* | 543 |
| 15 | #81 Chris Holmes (Hapilopper)* | 537 |
| 16 | #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) | 526 |
| 17 | #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) | 519 |
| 18 | #7 Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z)* | 507 |
| 19 | #37 Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) | 471 |
| 20 | #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire)* | 460 |
| 21 | #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) | 455 |
| 22 | #5 Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) | 425 |
| 23 | #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) | 424 |
| 24 | #31 Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) | 422 |
| 25 | #73 Chet Byrd (Hapilopper) | 421 |
| 26 | #88 Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) | 412 |
| 27 | #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) | 388 |
| 28 | #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) | 363 |
| 29 | #16 Gordon Orton (Xanneria) | 341 |
| 30 | #69 Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) | 340 |
| 31 | #82 David Rockingham (Esmerel) | 330 |
| 32 | #24 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) | 313 |
| 33 | #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) | 309 |
| 34 | #84 Ben Carpenter (Esmerel) | 289 |
| 35 | #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) | 277 |
| 36 | #48 Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) | 245 |
| 37 | #75 Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) | 231 |
| 38 | #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) | 210 |
| 39 | #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) | 189 |
| 40 | #32 Andrew Holden (Lisander) | 160 |
| 41 | #83 Joseph Rawlings (Esmerel) | 152 |
| 42 | #55 A7DXZ5 (Wagensvolk) | 119 |
| 43 | #21 Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) | 97 |
| 44 | #86 Bluetarch The 5th (Newark Aristocracy) | 85 |
| 45 | #67 Denny Truex Lenlin (Sedile) | 80 |
| 46 | #99 Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) | 76 |
| 47 | #0 Hana Bhe (Filindostan) | 74 |
| 48 | #02 Kohan The 10th (Newark Aristocracy) | 60 |
| 49 | #19 Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) | 59 |
| 50 | #03 Mike Reddiër (Caleonia) | 58 |
| 51 | #17 Tyler Abbott (Cassadaigua) | 47 |
| 52 | #89 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) | 43 |
| 53 | #1 Vanda Rosa Cordeiro Kerman (Jebslund) | 39 |
| 54 | #49 Lotara Novorali (Vilita & Turori) | 38 |
| 55 | #94 Daniel Almirola (Sedile) | 34 |
| 56 | #48 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) | 31 |
| 57 | #63 Marcus Alan Ariel Baptiste (Valentine Z) | 30 |
| 58 | #00 Ilham Lukas Jenie (Filindostan) | 30 |
| 59 | #29 Frank Joy (Caleonia) | 28 |
| 60 | #93 Robbie Moren (Xanneria) | 25 |
| 61 | #05 Tucker Capps (Western Carolina Union) | 25 |
| 62 | #98 Jixaka Motoai (Tropicorp) | 16 |
| 63 | #42 Euroli Islander (Vilita & Turori) | 14 |
| 64 | #26 Mor Holstein (Lisander) | 9 |
| 65 | #33 Tyler Joy (Caleonia) | 8 |
| 66 | #08 Jeff Shreeves (Western Carolina Union) | 7 |
| 67 | #34 Freddie Nielson (Hampton Island) | 6 |
| 68 | #59 Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) | 4 |
| 69 | #09 Tsering Chu (The Sherpa Empire) | 4 |

Next Race: Race 19 (Aug 24/25)- Super Skychief 500, Hapilopper Raceway, Hapilopper (Speedway)
Last edited by Newmanistan on Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:06 pm

The Sherpa Empire wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: [To Qiang] Ahh, hello there, Sir! Hmm, err… sorry if I am not sure how to address you, but can I call you Mr. Qiang, or? Anyway, err, just here to say hi! Also just want to tell you that you are very excellent with the races! You and the Sherpa people, and the ones from a few other countries, have been the talk of the Valentians lately. Congratulations on your victories so far, and I wish you all the best! So err… I assume that you have been a translator just like Jolyn over here?

"My friends call me Qiang Kai. I don't live in Zhangjiajie, but I'm sure you can find a Lhotse Love if you walk around downtown. Those things are everywhere."

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: Ooh, I see. Thank you very much, haha! Well, I guess we will get going for now, yeah? We will see you again in your homeland!

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: [In Traditional Chinese] Thank you for the conversation, and I hope to see you all soon as well!

With the conversation cut slightly short, Jolyn and Gwen made their way back to their own lounge. They are going to meet back with Clarissa, enjoy the beach time for a moment, then prepare to go to Zhangjiajie.

Wagensvolk wrote:A7DXZ5 had enjoyed her conversation with Clarissa and she felt like they had a bond as fellow-machines. She thought they might both benefit by supporting each other.

At Jusenkyo, she sought out the big Valentinian robot to wish her luck and suggest that they might work together as drafting partners.

All the controversy among the humans was just confusing, and A7DXZ5 did her best to ignore it. Humans could be so strange...

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: Hm hmm! I enjoyed the conversation that we have so far as well! I am so glad that we as Valentians are opening up. I mean, we are friendly, you know, but we didn’t really manage to talk to others just because we didn’t think of it. Still, still… I think I will leave you to yourself for the time being! All the best at Zhangjiajie, my friend! I know you can do it!

Clarissa thought about touching or patting her front hood, but… she decided not to. She imagined that a car would not like physical contact as much as the humans would.

Back at the lounge, the trio have their own conversations, asking each other about how it went and all.

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: So… you guys talked to my sponsorship friend, and Kai Qiang? Or Qiang Kai?

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: Kai Qiang would be okay, I think. It’s the matter of Chinese names. He’s pretty cool!

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: Wait… he?

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Ahh, it was the name, right? Yeah, I thought Kai Qiang was a woman at first-

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: No no… I swear, I saw her as a woman! Look at this!

Clarissa whipped out her phone and showed the other two the social feed from a few weeks back. It was Qiang Kai, in this case, Kai Qiang, in feminine clothing, along with her figure.

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: See? I thought she was a woman.

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Ohhh, I never asked him that. And I didn’t notice. I mean, he is as a man as one can get!

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: So Kai Qiang and Qiang Kai are the same people?

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Yeeeeah… it’s kind of a Chinese thing. As I was told… you can tell which of them speak Chinese as their first language… by which way they put the names. That was what I was told, and I learned.

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: And Qiang is not a woman, at all…

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: So… he’s a drag? Well, I am fine with that, but for the longest time, I thought he was a woman!

Augustine Lorenzo Terry Vinto Stefano: Aww, fanculo! I thought it was a woman! What in the everliving hell…

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: Yep, I’m sorry for that, haha!

Augustine Lorenzo Terry Vinto Stefano: Thank goodness I didn’t hit on “her”. I mean, goodness knows I won’t have that much of a chance, but… you know…

Jared Kev Jensen Benedict Angus: You could always go for Lexi. She’s quite a stunner!

Augustine Lorenzo Terry Vinto Stefano: Nah, I’m good, friend.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:55 pm

The Valentians - Pre-Qualifications @ Lao Long 380, Jusenkyo Training Ground, Zhangjiajie, Hunan Territory, The Sherpa Empire

When the Valentians landed at Zhangjiajie, they felt a sudden sense of strangeness around them. Though, it was the kind of strange aura that you don’t mind having, even if you don’t really know what that is.

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: This place is so… mystical! Like, you can sense it in your body!

Jenny Claudia Sombra Linette Hoshiko: Are you sure that was not the drink from the flight taking effect?

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Well, not really… I mean, the drink effects are still there, but seriously, you can feel it here.

Jenny Claudia Sombra Linette Hoshiko: We must find Lhotse Love first! I want whatever food they have!

Jared Kev Jensen Benedict Angus: You and me both, Jenny! Let’s get going, then!

Klarke Ray Zane Kourtney Nico Zahirović: Hey, hey, count me in!

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: Oooh, me too, me too!

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: Tracer is on the job… to eat her lunch!

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Sure, sure, but I really think we should go to our lounge first. I mean, we are already big enough for this city, I don’t think they would appreciate a crapton of suitcases and luggage in the food outlets.

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: Yeah, you’re right. Hey, last one to the lounge is a rotten egg!

Marcus Alan Ariel Baptiste Reynolds: Don’t trip into the springs!

And none of them did, thankfully. They are full of energy, and they have certainly attracted the attention of the locals (in a good way); they have probably seen tall people, but not this tall, as the Valentians are imagining. As aforementioned, the Valentians were careful with their crossings across the springs, or any other body of water, for that matter. Jolyn dropped her sunglasses into one body of water, but she didn’t chance it.

Jenny Claudia Sombra Linette Hoshiko: I don’t think that’s spring water… I mean, could be normal pond!

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: I am not chancing it, Jenny! That’s why I bought these cheap $20 ones. I mean, as long as they work, the brand doesn’t matter! My point is, err… I’m not changing it.

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: But Jolyn… my sensors do indicate that it is normal water! Like, my spectrometer ran several analyses, and it is normal pond water.

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Well… err… I am not the one to take a risk.

Just as they are talking, they saw a flock of ducks passed by them. They were rather normal, as what the ducks are wont to do in a pond.

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: But see, Jolyn! There are ducklings in there, too! I mean, normal ducks!

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Yeah, but what if they were humans once! I thought the tourist guide made it clear about the waters? Ok, fine, maybe spring water, but I am not changing it over my sunglasses.

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: I can go and pick it up if you want to! I don’t think they affect machines!

And with that, Clarissa extended her arm, reached down the bed of the pond, and picked up Jolyn’s sunglasses, making sure to wipe it off completely and clean it once they were in the hotel.

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: See? Ooooh, good as new!

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Thanks, Clarissa, but you really shouldn’t! I mean, what if you turn into an animal, or something? You will never know with these things!

With only Clarissa and Jolyn in the hotel in the meantime (they decided to take a nap), the other Valentians could be seen hanging out at the local Lhotse Love fast food outlet. They decided to go for it after the lunch hours, seeing how they needed a lot more seats than the others, and also because they didn’t really like taking up too much space. The giant Valentians were certainly an eye-opener for many!

Marcus Alan Ariel Baptiste Reynolds: Hey, check out the news!

Jared Kev Jensen Benedict Angus: Well, I didn’t understand anything, but it sure looks damning!

The news coverage would show the certain people rioting, and that riot escalating.

Marcus Alan Ariel Baptiste Reynolds: That flag, isn’t that-

Adriana Krystal Desiree Kowalski Faith Stanisława: Gasp, that’s Newark! What the heck are they doing?

Jared Kev Jensen Benedict Angus: Rioting, that’s for sure!

Jenny Claudia Sombra Linette Hoshiko: Over what?

Germaine Athena Angelina Mercy Sylvi: I can do the translation! Well, seems to me like they are rioting over Lexi’s ban? Or something…

Marcus Alan Ariel Baptiste Reynolds: Some people sure loves raising hell, huh?

Augustine Lorenzo Terry Vinto Stefano: I would have stopped them with vigilante justice, but… let’s not. Also because my weapons are back in VZ.

Jolyn and Clarissa then joined them at the restaurant. They were at the front door when they saw the news as well.

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Ohh hey, guys! Did we miss- ohh what the goodness gracious?

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: Oooh, is that a party?

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: No Clarissa, that’s not a party.

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: Ohh… oh no, it’s a riot! And they got fire too!

Germaine Athena Angelina Mercy Sylvi: This is absolutely foolish! Why are they trying to incite violence in another country… over some ban?

Jared Kev Jensen Benedict Angus: Could have had some other way to show their disapproval. Their land, their laws.

Jenny Claudia Sombra Linette Hoshiko: I’m guessing Newark is going to get wrecked.

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: And it will be because of no one but themselves.

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: And that my friends… Diplomacy 101. Even in a NSSCRA race, never incite politics or go into riot tactics.

Jenny Claudia Sombra Linette Hoshiko: I can only hope to goodness that they don’t turn to nukes.

Germaine Athena Angelina Mercy Sylvi: Ohh that’s FUCKING stupid if Newark is going to do that.

The others were amazed and suddenly turned towards Germaine. She doesn’t really swear much… until now, it seems.

Germaine Athena Angelina Mercy Sylvi: Hey, that ticked me off as an ambassador. You know how many times these people caused trouble when you and the country you have an embassy in had a falling out because of stuff like this?

Marcus Alan Ariel Baptiste Reynolds: Well, enough news, I guess… shall we eat?

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: Haha, sure, let’s dig in! Hey, don’t cut the line, Jenny!

Jenny Claudia Sombra Linette Hoshiko: Where’s the fun in playing fair, Tracer? ;)

And just like that, they all had their lunch well and fully. They bought a little too much of the fries, so they brought them back to the hotel as takeaway.

The Valentians - Qualifications @ Lao Long 380, Jusenkyo Training Ground, Zhangjiajie, Hunan Territory, The Sherpa Empire

The qualifications at Jusenkyo Training Ground went well for the Valentians. It was a speedway yet again instead of another road course, so the trio were very, very thankful of that. All in all, it was quite a challenge given the geographical location of Zhangjiajie and the mountainous area. The view from around the race course was certainly neat, but at the same time, it might be the high altitude, or something else equally mystical, that are affecting the Valentians. Not necessarily in a positive or a negative manner, but they could certainly feel it, as Jolyn described when they first arrived.

Clarissa, Jolyn, and Gwen placed 24th, 4th, 28th respectively for the qualifications.

And the next morning, Clarissa woke up… with a meow.

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: Meeeeow, good morning to you, Jolyn and Gwen! ^^

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Umm, Clarissa?

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: Why are you a cat? Or at least, a cat-girl?

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: Meow- AH, what the?! I am…. I am like Catwoman, AHH!

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Except you have cat ears! And a cat tail! And you have paws! How in Samantha’s name are you going to drive?!

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: I mean, I can control the car, still! Just need to be inside, plug in my head onto the car, and drive away, you know?

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: Isn’t that technically illegal? You know, remote-controlled car…

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: But I will be inside! It’s not remote when you are in the car as well!

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Okay, guys, white elephant, or a blue cat in the room… Clarissa, what happened?

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: I don’t know, Jolyn… one moment I just woke up like this! I was as shocked as you guys!

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Ugh, I told you that pond was a spring! Wait, then how come nothing happened to me?

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: I guess your glasses are washed thoroughly by me!

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: I swear I remembered touching a few drops…

Just then, a couple more Valentians knocked on the door and entered the trio’s room.

Jared Kev Jensen Benedict Angus: What is going- Clarissa… what in the world?!

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: Hello! Meeew!

Jenny Claudia Sombra Linette Hoshiko: Oh my goodness fucking gracious. And I thought Nekos don’t exist in real life… Nani the fuck.

Germaine Athena Angelina Mercy Sylvi: My diagnosis says… you’re normal, actually. I mean, you got the cat ears, tail, and the paws, but otherwise, you’re fine!

Jared Kev Jensen Benedict Angus: That’s okay and well, but how the hell is she gonna drive? She got no opposable thumbs!

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: Paws for thought! :3 Hey, I can drive with my paws… or I can plug into my car and drive it without hands.

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Guys, still, blue cat… How long is the curse?

Gwen Tracer Allison Fate Hepburn: The transformation can be reversed with hot water, but there are lingering effects. When splashed with cold water -- any cold water, regardless of the source -- the person will be transformed again. The curse has no known cure.

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Sigh, that’s why I’m so worried, guys! Now look! I mean, sure, Clarissa looks cuter that way-

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: Purr, thank you!

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: -but look at her! How is she going to be a human again? Wait, Clarissa, can’t you transform? You know, T-1000 back?

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: Nope, that control is locked out! Who knew magic can hack technology!

Jenny Claudia Sombra Linette Hoshiko: Well, if it is magic, then I cannot handle it… maybe I can take a look at your code-

Clarissa Alanis Star Coraline Taissa: Ahh, no need! I mean… maybe tomorrow? I kinda am overwhelmed at the moment.

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Clarissa is right! I think we should give her some rest, before we… solve this Clawstrophic problem.

Marcus Alan Ariel Baptiste Reynolds: Nice pun.

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Haha, thanks! Humor does tend to lighten up an issue. Makes solving it easier.

For the rest of the morning, the Valentians trained, walked around, and looked at all the magical trinkets and items that are around. Clarissa, in the meantime, has no problems being a cat-like woman, and it was especially lucky and not-nightmare-inducing that she does not have cat eyes to boot. They walked around, and the other Sherpa people looked at them rather funny, mainly for three things: Valentians’ crazy and absurd heights, Clarissa’s blue skin, and Clarissa’s cat parts (ear, tail, paws).

Jolyn Helen Maxine Caulfield Ceeta: Clarissa, please don’t purr at random strangers.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports