NATION

PASSWORD

GCF World Twenty20 Championship XII (EVERYTHING thread)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Busoga Islands
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Busoga Islands » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:07 pm

A History of the Busogan People- Part I
*The series, of course, is written with the consent of Timuria*
Setting is Goynuk, Timuria

Ayatollah Kizil Busoga was walking around Goynuk, here in his country of Timuria. He was, formally, as an Ayatollah, the leader of the Twelver Shias in the city of Goynuk. A city that, functionally, was their own city-state. Probably, at this point, the only Shia city in TImuria. And functionally, at this point, with the death of Enes Ozek last night in the battle, he was the new leader of Goynuk. This people had just been through some trauma. As one of the fewest Shia communities within the country, the ongoing wars between the various claimants of the true caliphates had been very traumatic for them. They were the common group of people to be picked on- the group that nobody really liked that much, the group that everybody felt were heretics.

Ayatollah Busoga was talking a walk around this part of Goynuk. He looked around, and saw the trauma. Some more Sunni invaders had come in, from the north, and had wreaked havoc on the community. The Shia men had risen to the challenge, once again, and thrown off the hordes, but when the Ayatollah was walking around, the next day, to survey the devastation, he knew that this type of life was not sustainable. He had no idea how many people had died- but he walked around the city, he knew that it was a hefty number. The smell was overwhelming- dead bodies did not do well in the summer heat, and Timuria was no exception to this rule. HE saw bodies all over the place, he saw women crying, he saw the tears flowing, from his people.

He knew that the Sunnis would be back- they were too ambitious, and there was so much hatred, so much distrust, between this little Shia Sunni state, and the much more massive Sunni communities elsewhere in the country, for Goynuk to ever live in peace. HE was well versed in the history of Goynuk. A long-time Shia outpost, they had been battling off Sunni advances for years, and for a while, they had established a feared reputation as warriors. But more recently, Goynuk’s battle quality had been going down, and invasions were coming more frequent. The battle that ended yesterday had last three days, and Sunnis were there only 6 months prior.

“Ayatollah!” A woman called towards him. He turned, and saw. His own sister was standing behind him. He looked into her arms, and he was heartbroken. “My son- my only son!” She yelled, and she began crying. The Ayatollah looked away. The situation had become more and more desperate for this city. They were under siege, as the territory around the city walls, where they had to grow food and such, was getting smaller. Communities, jockeying with each other for control of the vast land of Timuria, were stopping to trade with this Shia outpost. They had to send younger and younger boys away. His sister had lost her husband only 6 months ago in the last battles- and now her son, just 17 years of age, had lost his own life. He saw the gaping wound from a spear on his nephew’s chest.

“My sister,” The Ayatollah said. “I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you. Your husband six months ago, and now, your son. The Almighty Allah will look kindly upon your soul- he absolutely must after what you have suffered.”

“My brother,” She replied. “What am I to do? My husband, my own son- they have been killed. When will these people stop? When will we be allowed to live?”

“Soon, very soon.” Said the Ayatollah. “They won’t be back for a long time- they’ve been shown twice, in the same year, that Goynuk will survive. We have the resilience- do not fret. The deaths of our sons will not be in vain.”

*Setting goes to the Mosque on the Friday following the battle, where the Ayatollah is delivering a sermon*

“My brothers, my sisters, fear not!” Said The Ayatollah. He was at the very beginning of this speech. It was very emotional. Over 1,000 had died In the hands of the last battle. And a message had been left- convert to the true faith of Allah, or face extinction. That has been the message for the last hundred years. And they’ve fought them off, again and again. But this? This seemed to shake the people of Goynuk quite vigorously.

“Allah will look kindly upon the souls of those who died last week, to keep alive, as far as we are aware, the last vestiges of his true faith alive in Timuria, and quite possibly, beyond.” He continued. “Look at what we’ve done- we’ve survived in this land, as a people, for generations. Allah has always told us that we will be tested. But look what he says in the holy book. Remember what the Lord told his faithful servant, Muhammad. ‘Verily, We shall put you to test with some fear, and hunger, and with some loss of wealth, lives, and offspring. And (O Muhammad) convey good tidings to those who are patient, who say, when inflicted by hardship, "Verily we are of God and verily to Him shall we return;" upon them is the blessings of Allah and His mercy.’(2:155).

God has told us that he will put us to the test. And yet, God wants us to stay in our homes. He would not have delivered up from the wrath of our enemies last week, or for the many years that he has done so, if it were not for his Almighty Grace, his Almighty love. We must keep up the faith. Many of us- heck, almost all of us, have lost loved ones here at the last battle. It was bloody. But we must remember not just those who died, but why they died, and why we have lived. Those who died for us to live out the faith, to ensure that God’s will is done. Remember- we keep the faith, we can stay here, and eventually, join our fallen brothers in paradise.”

He looked around, at the end of his sermon. Not much reaction from the people present- and he was fairly surprised about that. Usually, of course, he was able to get people to rally behind a common vision. He was able to uplift them. But something was different about this one. Everyone was far more downtrodden than usual. The spirit seemed to be zapped out of them. He was left there, after the service, wondering what he needed to do to get his people to rally again…

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Host announcement
I've had a nightmare travel day with missed flight connections and having to criss-cross half of London to get to different airports. I'm afraid Matchday 6 will have to be delayed to tomorrow morning (14 June) with an estimated cutoff around 11:30 CEST (10:30 BST).

Accordingly, Matchdays 7, 8, and 9 will be moved to the following mornings than scheduled (16th, 18th, and 20th June). The playoff schedule is unaffected, with the elimination playoff scorinated on the evening of 21 June.
Слава Україні!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:26 am

Matchday Six
Group A
Tornado Queendom 153/3 (20 overs)
Apox 155/2 (19.5 overs)
Folenisa Cricket Ground

West Phoenicia 178/4 (19.5 overs)
Indusse 176/5 (20 overs)
Folenisa Cricket Ground

Eastfield Lodge 137/6 (20 overs)
Lisander 145/6 (20 overs)
The Bastion, Dover

Elejamie 149/7 (20 overs)
Ko-oren 152/8 (17.3 overs)
NCE Oval, City Centre

The Plough Islands 163/4 (20 overs)
Krytenia 154/4 (20 overs)
NCE Oval, City Centre

Group B
Mattijana 174/3 (20 overs)
Tulize 155/6 (20 overs)
Park Central Oval, Orean

Sajnur 173/7 (19.4 overs)
Barunia 170/2 (20 overs)
Park Central Oval, Orean

Damukuni 154/7 (20 overs)
Teusland 160/7 (20 overs)
Lewes Park, Neverend

Pratapgadh 161/9 (19.5 overs)
Busoga Islands 160/3 (20 overs)
Lewes Park, Neverend

Liventia 156/5 (20 overs)
Darmen 160/5 (19.4 overs)
Island Cricket Arena, Schimpol

Group tables
Group A Pld W T L Pts

1 West Phoenicia 6 4 0 2 8
2 Ko-oren 6 4 0 2 8
3 Apox 6 4 0 2 8
4 The Plough Islands 6 4 0 2 8
5 Elejamie 6 4 0 2 8
6 Eastfield Lodge 6 3 0 3 6
7 Indusse 6 2 0 4 4
8 Krytenia 6 2 0 4 4
Lisander 6 2 0 4 4
10 Tornado Queendom 6 1 0 5 2

Group B Pld W T L Pts
1 Busoga Islands 6 4 0 2 8
2 Barunia 6 4 0 2 8
3 Teusland 6 4 0 2 8
4 Mattijana 6 4 0 2 8
5 Liventia 6 4 0 2 8
6 Darmen 6 3 0 3 6
7 Sajnur 6 3 0 3 6
8 Pratapgadh 6 2 1 3 5
9 Damukuni 6 1 1 4 3
10 Tulize 6 1 0 5 2
Слава Україні!

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:24 am

Folenisa Cricket Ground,

West Phoenician batsman Aaron Shields steps up giving the Lighting Bolts the runs they need to secure a win over the cricket team from Indusse.

A wave of purple and gold flags and steamers were waved high in the air the moment the crowd registered the win. Indusse had scored 176; an achievable score to best. And it was a team they needed to beat to increase their win rate.

Team Captain Jack Tennessee a heartthrob of the team did not disappoint the fans scoring 52 runs before he was bowled out. Fellow team mate Grey Gryphon continued his reputation as one of the most valuable members of the squad, by scoring 60 runs and not out by the end of the match.

The win against Indusse has pushed West Phoenicia to the first spot in the groupings. They will next face Apox, Tornado Queendom and Eastfield Lodge.

The Lighting Bolts are aware if they can face off against Apox and win, that they stand an awesome chance of progressing to the finals. Quietly confident the Lighting Bolts are not as cocky as some of the other West Phoenician sporting teams.

"We won't fully celebrate until we are 100% sure we will be progressing," Jack Tennessee said. "However we have a title too defend and Apox will not be the one stopping us from obtaining that title."

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:21 pm

Elejamie 149/7 (20 overs)
Ko-oren 152/8 (17.3 overs)
NCE Oval, City Centre

The Greenblues are back! In a tightly contested group A (not that group B is any different), Ko-oren is now second beneath West Phoenicia and above Apox, the Plough Islands and Elejamie - the entire top 5 istting at 4-2. Eastfield Lodge is by no means out at 3-3, and even Indusse, Krytenia and Lisander have something to fight for at 2-4. The Tornado Queendom, at 1-5, have some work to do, but it looks very improbable that they will get the comeback.

Two straight losses have left a bitter taste in the mouth of all those that support the Green and Blue in Liventia. The losses seemed unnecessary - even though everyone will concede that it is impossible to win every single match at the tournament - but sparked some inspiration with the coaching staff and captain Marsden, revamping the team somewhat involving more bowlers whilst not making the batting pool any more shallow. The Greenblues hadn't needed all 10 wickets anyway, and with how rarely the bowlers had to pick up the bat at all, it was deemed an acceptable risk to change the lineup. The new lineup was as follows: Treadway - Crawford - Stanway - Ahern - Welsh - yMharwn - Wheelwright - Darknoll - Fox - Harvey - Marsden.

Treadway and Crawford to open, and there haven't been many comments on their performances. Stanway and Ahern have been pulled up to 3rd and 4th, not able to provide the bulk of runs at 5th and 6th. Instead, the lower run rates they've put up at the World Cup makes them more suited to bat a little higher, anchoring the order and being a reliable batsman for the partners down the stretch. Welsh and yMharwn have been on a roll, scoring more runs than anyone - yet they now bat a lot lower. Wheelwright is a true wicketkeeper, for Ko-oren doesn't have many keepers that can also bat properly, but in return nothing slips by Wheelwright. Darknoll, Fox, Harvey and Marsden are now the full-time bowlers. Darknoll and yMharwn are all-rounders by trade, but in T20 they are nearly always tasked with bowling the full 4 overs. As are the three other bowlers, of course. The new lineup also gives Marsden more options for bowling styles: not just pace, but spin is now also a legitimate option to unsettle opposing batsmen.

In all regards, the team have been able to work the tournament with little distractions, the domestic season is still a ways away and there are no domestic issues plaguing the team. Cricket can't have moving teams, or contract disputes, or transfers - you're largely stuck with where you're born. That is a big difference compared to other sports, where even World Cups are subject to disruptions from domestic issues.

So, on a downturn, the Greenblues were to face Elejamie, topping Group A at 4-1. From that first paragraph, that will tell you who won, but not how the team won. The entire rest of the top 5 won their matches, though.

Elejamie started, and set a target of exactly 150 after all 20 overs had been played. And yes, that means that the extra bowlers do help: more wickets taken and fewer runs given up! However, whether that meant that the team could actually chase a total like this, would have to be proven somehow. After a short break, Crawford and Treadway went off as they've done for the fifth time now. Unfortunately, for the first time in five innings, they haven't been able to withstand all attacks until the fifth over: Crawford was carelessly run out after 10 balls. A bit of miscommunication, a poor hit, and Treadway not telling him that he shouldn't run, Crawford leaving the crease for mere seconds - the bails were still in the air by the time Crawford touched the bat behind the line again.

Seeing this, it's a good thing that the aggressive openers are followed by slightly mellower batsmen. Treadway and Stanway worked towards a decent partnership, an opportunity they rarely get (as opener and, normally, middle order). Elejamie were also on a mission, and got Treadway out on an ill-advised slog to reach a boundary. A deceiving ball by Mahler, slightly more spin than he's been able to put up all day, and Treadway headed back. Stanway and Ahern were able to continue the run rate, aiming for a little over 7,5. In fact, the duo faced a few easy overs by Hamilton, Slezinger, and Hamilton again, in which they scored 41 runs off 18 balls (three sixes, four fours, two wides and a no-ball, with singles in between) which basically put the Greenblues in such a position that they couldn't give this away - though they tried. Immediately following that, Mahler, Rodriguez and Novak bowled a spell of three overs, giving up 16 runs to lower the run rate somewhat, but also taking five wickets: Stanway and Welsh to Mahler, Ahern to Rodriguez, and yMharwn and Wheelwright to Novak. On seven wickets lost, and 140 runs, Darknoll and Fox calmly took it home - but not entirely. Fox was a little overzealous, slinging the bat to the ball, getting a decent hit, but giving an easy catch to Entwistle anyway. Harvey hit the last ball of the match: a boundary, slipping past the keeper, on a top edge, that might as well have been a second consecutive wicket for Slezinger. It really wasn't his match.

It's been the first time Ko-oren had to go this deep into the order, and let's hope we won't need to again. That is, they held up pretty well - but I rather trust the first six names on the list.
WCC President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Sajnur
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sajnur » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:24 am

Interview with Tomas Piqa

Tomas, we're six matches into the Championship, and your team has won three, and lost three. Despite this, you find yourselves 7th in Group B, behind Darmen thanks to the big loss in Matchday 3, and with five teams on 4 and 2. What do you make of Sajnur's position, and of their likelihood of making the second stage of this tournament?

We're a new team, and while the obvious target would be to make the next round, the initial objective was to stay off the bottom, and I think we're in a good position to do that. Of course, it would be much better to continue playing past the group stages, and with six teams progressing out of each group we have a good opportunity to do that. However, we need to keep winning matches.

Your next match is against Tulize, a fellow unranked nation. How do you plan on dealing with them?

We don't really know much about their team, to be honest. I don't think any of their matches have been televised, and the scorecards don't give any detail as to what their bowling attack is composed of, so I can't really say we have a solid plan that is tailored to them. The main plan will obviously depend on the pitch conditions and the weather, but the main thing to do will be for our bowlers to keep their run rate low, and for myself and my teammates to score runs as fast as the ground and their bowlers allow.

Your most recent match against eighth ranked Barunia was quite peculiar. Your team only took two wickets, and yet you still chased down their total. How did you pull of this upset?

Barunia played quite well with the bat, and despite the relative slowness of the pitch they still managed 170. Sirua struggled against their openers, but Elsa took an attacking posture and eventually removed both openers. Toljo and Karim then choked them at the end. If Elsa didn't bring all of that spin and take out both openers, we may have had to chase 200, but her wickets allowed our Test spinners to restrict their other batsmen, and that gave us a chaseable total. No wickets, but nothing to hit for six either, and the field cut off any way of getting twos and threes and fours. Even though we started slow - I think we were 35/2 after six overs - Gabby and I managed to stabilise things, and even with the wickets falling at the end, Alan made his few balls count and when Gabby left, Toljo and Elsa pulled it off. They got, I think, 32 off those last eight. We needed 30 off ten and they did it.

It hasn't been all rosy here. A bad loss to Darmen and a close defeat to Teusland have both been damaging to your team's prospects of making the top six. What happened in these matches?

Against Darmen? They simply hit more runs than us. They targeted Sirua and got too many runs off him while our more experienced bowlers couldn't compensate. Even Toljo couldn't keep the runs down. Somehow, their off spinner, Dorian Myers, he choked us. I couldn't get runs off him, and he took out Gabby early so we were three down with no runs on the board. Kaori managed to get runs, but the chase was too much by the time he came on.

Against Teusland? The middle overs. I was bad, Gabby couldn't get going, Kaori had to stabilise the team. Our openers had such a good start, but the middle could not keep it going. Vurda got some runs at the end to get us a good total, but it should have been 180. With the ball, the middle overs were not good too. Karim and Elsa could not contain them. Six, six again, it was like a perennial powerplay. Alan had a poor day too. Toljo was her usual great self, but there was not enough to defend, and Haton had only three to defend off the last over, so it would have been a miracle to win. Ewald Kohl ruins us with the ball. Four wickets. Then he's there with the winning run. What can you do?

You yourself were quite slow against Darmen. As a captain, that cannot have been a good example. Why didn't you score faster?

I couldn't. Dorian, their off spinner, got dot after dot against me. Nothing I could do. I can't hit for six because I get out. I can't take singles and twos because i can't hit into any gaps because his spin doesn't allow it. Darmen is number two in the world. They had a good day. We had a bad day. We can't compete against that.

Any highlights so far?

This Barunia match, obviously. Especially Elsa's sixes. I knew she could hit a few, but I never knew she could hit that far. She's 150-something tall. Where does the power come from? Really, though, the Busoga islands match. Everything was good. Harry hits fast. Alan hits fast. Toljo makes them look like amateurs. Everything was very good.

Sajnur v Teusland: Scorecard

Sajnur Batting

Player Runs Balls 4 6 Strike

Harry Kotte 37 21 3 2 176.19
Darjo Zulje 30 23 2 1 130.43
Gabby Fiume 12 12 1 0 100.00
Tomas Piqa* 5 7 0 0 71.43
Kaori Jansa 26 24 1 1 108.33
Emre Vurda† 31* 19 1 3 163.16
Alan Tijer 10 4 1 1 250.00
Toljo Jorse 10 8 1 0 125.00
Elsa Cazla 1* 2 0 0 50.00
Karim Haton
Nikolas Burovin

Extras: 2b, 1lb, 1w

Sajnur: 166/7 (20.0)

Sajnur Bowling

Player Overs M Runs W Econ

Nikolas Burovin 4.0 0 31 1 7.75
Alan Tijer 4.0 0 40 0 10.50
Elsa Cazla 4.0 0 37 2 9.25
Toljo Jorse 4.0 0 23 1 5.75
Karim Haton 3.4 0 32 1 8.73

Extras: 4lb, 3w

Teusland: 167/5 (19.4)
Sajnur v Barunia: Scorecard

Sajnur Bowling

Player Overs M Runs W Econ

Alan Tijer 4.0 0 34 0 8.50
Sirua 3.0 0 36 0 12.00
Elsa Cazla 4.0 0 39 2 9.75
Toljo Jorse 4.0 1 25 0 6.25
Karim Haton 4.0 0 29 0 7.25
Kaori Jansa 1.0 0 7 0 7.00

Extras: 5w

Barunia: 170/2 (20.0)

Sajnur Batting

Player Runs Balls 4 6 Strike

Harry Kotte 0 1 0 0 0.00
Darjo Zulje 16 15 2 0 106.67
Gabby Fiume 58 50 5 1 116.00
Tomas Piqa* 35 25 1 3 140.00
Kaori Jansa 0 3 0 0 0.00
Alan Tijer 20 5 2 2 400.00
Andre Berrisk† 6 5 0 0 120.00
Toljo Jorse 15* 6 3 0 250.00
Elsa Cazla 20* 8 0 3 250.00
Karim Haton
Sirua

Extras: 1b

Sajnur: 173/7 (19.4)
Last edited by Sajnur on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:14 am

Hosts gear up for vital run-in
OREAN— Liventia face Group B's top three sides in their final three matches as competition for an automatic quarter-final spot at the World Twenty20 Championship kicks into high gear.

After a bruising five-wicket defeat to Darmen, who also beat the Red-and-Gold earlier this year in a home Test series that included the Global Cricket Federation's first tied Test, the tournament hosts are last of five teams in their group on four wins and two losses, or eight points. Liventia's other reversal came at the hands of fourth-placed Mattijana on Matchday 5, falling five runs short of victory.

The hosts' remaining fixtures come against Busoga Islands, Teusland, and Barunia. The first two games, on paper at least, should be straightforward, but nothing is ever really that in the world of short-form cricket. Indeed, the travails of Darmen — the world number two side sit in sixth behind Liventia after shock early defeats — prove that anything goes in Twenty20.

Liventia seemed to be well on top of their opponents early into Darmen's chase of 156 as Francis Kennedy, Brad Kerr, and Josh Huws worked to reduce the chasers to 45/3 after 7.1 overs, needing another 112 off 77 balls. Huws in particular seemed to be on top form, limiting the batsmen to mere singles and even bowling the rare T20 wicket maiden.

But the Liventians didn't count on Theudofrid Milligan smashing captain Ollie Kerr and Kennedy to all parts as the Darmenis upped the run rate. Man-of-the-match Milligan was finally bowled for an incredible 87 off 58 balls in the final over with the scores level trying to win it with a huge slog off Huws, although new batsman Adalfuns Armbruster cover drove the first ball he saw for four to end the contest.

"It was a difficult way to lose that game," Ollie Kerr admitted. "We've just got to turn around, gather ourselves again, and seal this quarter-final spot."

XI World Twenty20 Championship — Group Stage Group B
Played at Island Cricket Arena, Schimpol, Liventia (20-over match; T20I)
Liventia v Darmen
Darmen won the toss and elected to field first
Darmen won by five wickets

Man of the match: T Milligan (Darmen)

Liventia innings (20 overs maximum)
Batsman R B 4s 6s SR

DA Hennessey lbw b Gardenar 41 29 9 0 141.37
PD Finch c van der Zee b Myers 40 27 4 1 148.14
JS Millbank run out (Myers/†Armbruster) 2 3 0 0 66.67
DHJ Edwards c Winter b Rosenfeld 36 31 0 1 116.13
OH Kerr* st †Armbruster b Gardenar 8 10 0 0 80.00
E Reynolds not out 17 19 0 0 89.47
MQ Sarrin† not out 2 2 0 0 100.00
EXTRAS (1lb, 1nb, 8wd) 10
TOTAL for 5 wickets 156 (20.0 ov; 7.80 rpo)

Did not bat JFM Kennedy, BL Kerr, RPT de Cerci, GJD Huws
FoW 1/84 Finch 8.5, 2/85 Hennessey 9.1, 3/95 Millbank 10.1, 4/108 Kerr 12.4,
5/149 Edwards 18.5

Darmen bowling
Bowler Ov M R W Econ Ext

C McAlister 4.0 0 24 0 6.00
A Dickenson 4.0 0 37 0 9.25 (2wd)
D Myers 4.0 0 39 1 9.75 (1wd, 1nb)
K Rosenfeld 4.0 0 27 1 6.75
D Gardenar 4.0 0 28 2 7.00 (1wd)
Darmen innings (target 157 from maximum 20 overs)
Batsman R B 4s 6s SR

V Acker c †Sarrin b BL Kerr 2 4 0 0 50.00
S Winter* c sub (RL Quentin) b Kennedy 19 19 4 0 100.00
W van der Zee c †Sarrin b Huws 1 5 0 0 20.00
T Milligan b Huws 87 58 6 5 150.00
E Ready c †Sarrin b Huws 23 23 2 0 100.00
D Gardenar not out 16 11 0 1 145.45
A Armbruster* not out 4 1 1 0 400.00
EXTRAS (1lb, 3nb, 4wd) 8
TOTAL for 5 wickets 160 (19.4 ov; 8.14 rpo)

Did not bat C McAlister, K Rosenfeld, A Dickenson, D Myers
FoW 1/14 Acker 2.1, 2/17 van der Zee 3.1, 3/45 Winter 7.1, 4/110 Ready 15.2,
5/156 Milligan 19.3

Liventia bowling
Bowler Ov M R W Econ Ext

BL Kerr 4.0 0 31 1 7.75 (4wd)
GJD Huws 3.4 1 13 3 3.55 (1nb)
JFM Kennedy 4.0 0 40 1 10.00 (1nb)
OH Kerr 4.0 0 50 0 12.50 (1nb)
RPT de Cerci 4.0 0 25 0 6.25

Notes
T Milligan 50 off 42 balls, 4x4 2x6
Last edited by Liventia on Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Слава Україні!

The Plough Islands
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 02, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Plough Islands » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:52 pm

on the 14th June 2019, the Plough Islands Gazette wrote:
20-OVER WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP: YOUNG FOXES GROW IN CONFIDENCE
by Caroline Iddon, Additional Sporting Correspondent, in City Centre

After an at times tense game against Krytenia which went right down to the last over at the National Centre of Excellence Oval, the Young Foxes ultimately prevailed in the fourth consecutive victory for what has been an extremely mature performance from the youth side of the Plough Islands Cricket Association. While all their successes have been attributable above all else to the collective spirit and socialist effort of the team as a whole, there have been many standout performances deserving of individual recognition.
By some distance, Rory Aliyev has been the team's best performer; with three half centuries, he has led from the front in terms of batting, and his tournament experience from the previous championship and Polaris Trophy has clearly rubbed off on the rest of this young team - although Rory is typically modest; "I am no more well acquainted with these conditions than everyone else, and certainly I do not think my experience in Ko-oren and on my home grounds has been of much use. But it does reassure to believe that it somehow does..."
Further down from the order, though, multiple games have been won by the unexpected teaming of combative left-hander Catherine Nasrullin and all-rounder Jannie Hendricks. The latter's father, national team coach Lourens, has described it as "not something I thought would work, y'know, I hadn't seen Catherine in action much but - ja, no, she's been really good, and she complements the boy's strengths well". The younger Hendricks is equally surprised - "we just gel quite well, I think it has been two or three fifty partnerships by now and she has a fearless streak that I really should get better at emulating!" - but Nasrullin herself is nonplussed, identifying flaws in her game even to this author; "I need to get better at starting off innings, it takes me too long to settle at the moment in this format. And Ko-oren are liable to punish us if we cannot get going quickly".
Often, the best of the rest of the Young Foxes' bowling attack has been legspinner Terry Gibbs, but he has been as inconsistent as he has clinical. His excellent games - 3-21 against Ko-oren, 3-32 against Elejamie, and yesterday's excellent final over to deny the Kryties - have alternated with what Gibbs describes with a disarming honesty as "irredeemably terrible days", such as being hit for 13 in consecutive overs against Eastfield Lodge, and he is open about the reasons why. "If anything goes wrong, it tends to accumulate in my mind and snowball perhaps more than I want it to until it dominates my brain completely. It is just how I have always been I suppose - it is something I get better at every day, but it is still a struggle at times."
Nonetheless, the good has so far outweighed the bad for Gibbs. For captain Barnaby Weiss, however, the latest in a line of familial relations going back to the birth of the Plough Islander socialist movement in the 1900s, it has been mostly the latter. Weiss' social skills and leadership have thus far held this group of Young Foxes together off the field, but on it he has averaged just 6.5 with the bat and his place in the team, while supported by coaches Hendricks and Catherine Chambers, has been quietly questioned by some Plough Islanders who have made the trip. Weiss remains upbeat - "My comrades are entirely behind me and I think we can achieve the best result so far against the Ko-orenites" - but it remains to be seen for how long this optimism will last if his personal figures do not improve.
Ko-oren will pose a familiar challenge, not just to the XI that will walk out in Liventia tomorrow, but to all hundred and forty thousand Plough Islanders, with our two nations walking similar paths that have intertwined often over the course of the last year. This game, the second 20-over match between the countries, will be eagerly awaited, with Weiss and Chambers keen to pick their best team, and it is with some momentum - and perhaps a little confidence - that the Young Foxes will be starting tomorrow. As always, coverage can be found on the Plough Radio International Service and in these pages.

ImagePLOUGH ISLANDS CRICKET ASSOCIATIONImage
XI FOR 20 OVER GAME VS. KO-OREN

PLAYER BAT BOW
#4 G Forrester LHB
#15 ANL Weaver RHB
#2 RP Aliyev RHB
#1 BJ Weiss (c) LHB
#16 PEJ Weaver RHB ROB
#9 ES Nasrullin LHB
#7 AJ Hendricks RHB RLB
#10 J Scott (w) RHB
#14 RG Vowles LHB SLA
#6 JKI Hart LHB LFM
#5 TSF Gibbs RHB RLB
National team
Test rank: 6th
ODI rank: 1st
Commonwealth of the Plough IslandsPopulation: 139,550Golden age, revealed today
ANAIA NATION
Because not all those
who wander are lost
he/they

See also: overview factbook

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:18 am

Matchday Seven
Group A
Krytenia 163/6 (20 overs)
Tornado Queendom 167/6 (19.2 overs)
Folenisa Cricket Ground

Ko-oren 159/4 (18.1 overs)
The Plough Islands 155/6 (20 overs)
The Bastion, Dover

Lisander 187/6 (20 overs)
Elejamie 175/8 (20 overs)
NCE Oval, City Centre

Indusse 152/6 (20 overs)
Eastfield Lodge 156/6 (20 overs)
The Bastion, Dover

Apox 197/6 (20 overs)
West Phoenicia 183/7 (20 overs)
NCE Oval, City Centre

Group B
Darmen 154/5 (20 overs)
Mattijana 148/5 (20 overs)

Busoga Islands 146/6 (20 overs)
Liventia 149/3 (20 overs)
Lewes Park, Neverend

Teusland 174/6 (20 overs)
Pratapgadh 179/4 (20 overs)
Park Central Oval, Orean

Barunia 160/6 (20 overs)
Damukuni 162/4 (16.1 overs)
Park Central Oval, Orean

Tulize 147/7 (20 overs)
Sajnur 151/4 (16.5 overs)
Lewes Park, Neverend

Group tables
Group A Pld W T L Pts

1 Ko-oren 7 5 0 2 10
2 Apox 7 5 0 2 10
3 The Plough Islands 7 4 0 3 8
4 Elejamie 7 4 0 3 8
5 West Phoenicia 7 4 0 3 8
6 Eastfield Lodge 7 4 0 3 8
7 Lisander 7 3 0 4 6
8 Tornado Queendom 7 2 0 5 4
9 Indusse 7 2 0 5 4
10 Krytenia 7 2 0 5 4

Group B Pld W T L Pts
1 Liventia 7 5 0 2 10
2 Barunia 7 4 0 3 8
3 Busoga Islands 7 4 0 3 8
Darmen 7 4 0 3 8
Sajnur 7 4 0 3 8
Teusland 7 4 0 3 8
7 Mattijana 7 4 0 3 8
8 Pratapgadh 7 3 1 3 7
9 Damukuni 7 2 1 4 5
10 Tulize 7 1 0 6 2 E
Last edited by Liventia on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:06 pm

400 Years Of Battles

Pratapgadh is known for fighting many battles with the Mughal Empire and also fought the British. Today, we still remember our past and remember those warriors who fought for our motherland, Bharat (India), against the foreign invaders. We didn't fight just for our land, we fought our culture, our traditions, our pride and our future generations.

The story starts in 1567, Pratapgadh was part of Mewar, a Rajput kingdom. Pratapgadh was named after Rana Udai Singh's son, Maharana Pratap. In 1567, the Mughals invaded and sieged Chittorgarh (Mewar's capital at that time) killing many Mewaris. Maharana Pratap, his family, and his people were forced to run away from Chittorgarh. Maharana Pratap with the help of his people built another city called Udaipur. But that city too was later sieged, and Maharana Pratap's brother, Jagmal, sided with the Mughals. Pratap fled to the Jungles with his people, all was lost, Mewar was under the Mughal rule. But with the help of all Mewaris, Maharana Pratap built his army and had guerilla wars with the Mughals. In 1597, the great Maharana, Maharana Pratap died. But before he died, he almost captured all of Mewar. His son, Amar Singh I, died in a battle in 1598. Just 3 years after Maharana Pratap died, we were able to unite all of Mewar and established the Rajput Kingdom of Pratapgadh by Maharana Rajendra Singh I. The Mughals feared that the other Indians might revolt after this achievement by Maharana Rajendra Singh I.

In 1602, Maharana Rajendra Singh I captured Palika and Ajmer, renaming Ajmer to Ajayamer. By 1630, Maharana Rajendra Singh I captured Sawaipur, Sirohi (Now Shivpuri), Bundi, Kota, and Jalore (Now Svarnaparvat). In 1631, after the death of Maharana Rajendra Singh I, his son Kuwar Gaurav Singh, became the next Rana. Soon by 1755, all of Rajputana was free of Mughal rule and was united under Pratapgadh. For the next 10 years, Pratapgadh had to rebuild its army and wasn't able to capture any provinces. After 50 years, Pratapgadh was able to capture all of Gujarat. By 1890, more than half of Punjab was under the rule of Pratapgadh and the British arrived at Suryapur. When we first met the British, we were suspicious of them but agreed to trade with them. Later, relations with the British became hostile after they captured the coastlines of Maratha Rajya. We had our first war with the British in 1915, we were defeated and a lot of money was stolen, and a lot of civilians died. This was the first time Pratapgadh lost a war. Soon the French and the Portuguese arrived, and Pratapgadh lost Indraprastha after the British invaded and sieged it. Maratha Empire was able to kick out the French and the Portuguese. Pratapgadh against fought a war against the British in 1932, this time Pratapgadh was victorious and the British were kicked out. These were the major events in Pratapgadh's 400 years of battles. In 2016, we again fought with the Mughals in the 4th Mughal-Rajput War, and we were able to capture the remaining parts of Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan and parts of the ancient kingdom called Gandhara. These were the major wars and battles we fought in our 422 years.

Today, Pratapgadh is one of the strongest countries in India, because of facing so many battles throughout its history. The blood of those who fought for the freedom of Bharat (India), those who fought for saving our culture and traditions, and fought to save our pride.
Cricket Rankings
  • Test Cricket: 11th (out of 12)
  • ODI: 25th (out of 48)
  • T20I: 12th (out of 39)
Cricket Stats

Updated on 28 February, 2021 (15:51 NZT)
Sarvatra Vijay (Victory Everywhere)
Pratapgadh Domestic Sportswire

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:51 am

Two games to go until the Elimination playoffs and quarterfinals of the GCF World Twenty20 Championship XI. The Lighting Bolts will need to win the next two games if they want to breeze through to the quarter-finals otherwise they may face the Elimination playoffs, there may not be a guarantee, currently 10 teams have the same win-lose streak. With two games too go it will go down to the wire, something that makes West Phoenicia nervous.

Meanwhile West Phoenician Womens cricket Coach: Phillipia Croft has approaches the West Phoenician Cricket Federation with a proposal that will of approved would integrate the men's and women's team into one team on the international stage for competitions that only hold one competition and not separated by gender like the Olympic Games.

Phillipia Croft came to national attention which she successfully pulled off a good demonstration medal win in Women's cricket at the Summer Olympic Games in Kelssek and Vekaiyu. The win pushed the team into the national spotlight and strengthened the role of women's cricket in West Phoenicia, and has helped boost fan membership for the West Phoenician Women's Cricket League.

If the proposal is accepted The Lighting Bolts will go at their team by adding 5 women to the team. A number of men will be placed in reserve status. While Philippia Croft is wanting all five woman will be given active status, a move that will most likely accept some male members.

Bowler Daniel Josef and batsman Bradley Swanston have both advised they do not agree with the proposal. They believe there should be an international team for men and one for women. The brand of The Lighting Bolts will suffer with the inclusion of women. Both men have said they will not renew their contracts if they are made to integrate.
Last edited by West Phoenicia on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Plough Islands
Chargé d'Affaires

Democratic Socialists

Postby The Plough Islands » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:12 pm

on the 16th June 2019, the Plough Islands Gazette wrote:
20-OVER WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP: WEISS REMOVED AS CAPTAIN AFTER KO-OREN DEFEAT
by Caroline Iddon, Additional Sporting Correspondent, in Dover

Until now, the Young Foxes base camp in Orean has been a calm, even simple and friendly place, but the mood had noticably shifted this morning. Young Foxes captain Barnaby Weiss has been dropped from the side, following yesterday's six wicket defeat to Ko-oren in which he was only able to score 9 from 22 balls before offering a return catch to all rounder Seophyn yMharwn. Coach Catherine Chambers was reluctant to speak in detail - "this is a matter that should remain within the team until the tournament is concluded" - but it is understood that the patience of Chambers and Lourens Hendricks was drained after a series of mismatches between Weiss' highly cautious style and the fast-paced nature of the tournament, and his leadership - despite his personal charisma - was in doubt following a selection for the most awaited game of the tournament that omitted the in form Hamilton Smith, and a chaotic bowling performance following all-rounder Peter Weaver being unavailable during the Ko-orenite innings.
In Weiss' absence, wicketkeeper John Scott - seen visibly directing field placements at the Bastion rather than the official captain - has been named as stand-in for the Lisander game, which sees the first meeting of a Plough Islands team with the principality since the Foxes' inaugural Global Cricket Federation Test series at the start of 2018. Lisander have rather more at stake than the Young Foxes, currently sitting seventh in the group with the top six continuing in the competition, and have been plagued by infighting of their own owing to poor integration within the Lisander & Alice Bay Cricket Board between representatives of the two nations. (With no team yet safely qualified for the next stage, emotions have been high on and off the field all over Liventia, with perennial antagonists West Phoenicia reported to be facing a player revolt from some more backward members of their player pool after a belated proposal to sexually integrate their national team.)
Of the game, Chambers told this author that "whatever has gone before, we do have the talent and collective spirit in this group of players to come back and get a good result...Lisander are a good team and we will have to be at our best". The Young Foxes will certainly have to perform better than they did against the Ko-orenites, and it remains to be seen how the new dynamic will work, but the Plough Islanders who have travelled to Liventia in support remain optimistic; one female supporter opined today that "really, when you look at all the senior teams that have travelled to be part of this, that we are doing as well as we are is a bonus. And we will enjoy it all the way to the very end". It is hard to disagree, but as Chambers and Hendricks would remind us, there is still a game of cricket to be played, and whatever the format, there will be only one winner.

XI FOR 20 OVER GAME VS. LISANDER

PLAYER BAT BOW
#4 G Forrester LHB
#11 HD Smith RHB
#2 RP Aliyev RHB
#12 FA Somerton RHB
#10 J Scott (c) (w) RHB
#9 ES Nasrullin LHB
#7 AJ Hendricks RHB RLB
#14 RG Vowles LHB SLA
#3 E Bailey RHB ROB
#6 JKI Hart LHB LFM
#5 TSF Gibbs RHB RLB
National team
ANAIA NATION
Because not all those
who wander are lost
he/they

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:26 am

Matchday Eight
Group A
Tornado Queendom 155/7 (20 overs)
West Phoenicia 157/5 (20 overs)
Folenisa Cricket Ground

Eastfield Lodge 142/7 (20 overs)
Apox 143/5 (18 overs)
The Bastion, Dover

Elejamie 168/3 (18.3 overs)
Indusse 165/7 (20 overs)
NCE Oval, City Centre

The Plough Islands 152/7 (20 overs)
Lisander 164/3 (20 overs)
NCE Oval, City Centre

Krytenia 157/5 (20 overs)
Ko-oren 159/8 (19.5 overs)
Folenisa Cricket Ground

Group B
Mattijana 180/6 (20 overs)
Sajnur 168/8 (20 overs)
Park Central Oval, Orean

Damukuni 156/4 (19.5 overs)
Tulize 154/5 (20 overs)
Lewes Park, Neverend

Pratapgadh 157/7 (16.1 overs)
Barunia 153/7 (20 overs)

Liventia 165/5 (17.4 overs)
Teusland 161/4 (20 overs)
Park Central Oval, Orean

Darmen 156/5 (19.1 overs)
Busoga Islands 154/3 (20 overs)

Group tables
Group A Pld W T L Pts

1 Ko-oren 8 6 0 2 12 Pl
2 Apox 8 6 0 2 12 Pl

3 Elejamie 8 5 0 3 10
4 West Phoenicia 8 5 0 3 10
5 Lisander 8 4 0 4 8
6 The Plough Islands 8 4 0 4 8
7 Eastfield Lodge 8 4 0 4 8
8 Tornado Queendom 8 2 0 6 4 E
9 Indusse 8 2 0 6 4 E
10 Krytenia 8 2 0 6 4 E

Group B Pld W T L Pts
1 Liventia 8 6 0 2 12 Pl
2 Darmen 8 5 0 3 10
3 Mattijana 8 5 0 3 10
4 Pratapgadh 8 4 1 3 9
5 Sajnur 8 4 0 4 8
6 Busoga Islands 8 4 0 4 8
7 Barunia 8 4 0 4 8
8 Teusland 8 4 0 4 8
9 Damukuni 8 3 1 4 7
10 Tulize 8 1 0 7 2 E

Playoff spot guaranteed (Pl)
Eliminated from tournament after group stage (E)

Qualification:
Group A:
Apox play Elejamie on the last day. If Elejamie win, Ko-oren and Elejamie qualify for the quarter-finals regardless of their result and that of West Phoenicia due to head-to-head tiebreakers. If Apox win, Apox qualify for the quarter-finals; Ko-oren must also win (or West Phoenicia lose) to qualify for the quarter-finals. If Apox and West Phoenicia win, and Ko-oren lose, Apox and West Phoenicia qualify for the quarter-finals. No other team can qualify for the quarter-finals from Group A.

Group B:
A number of teams can still achieve the second direct qualifying spot in this group. Liventia will qualify for the quarter-finals with a tie or win against Barunia, but both Darmen and Mattijana hold head-to-head advantage over Liventia. If both Darmen and Mattijana win on Matchday Nine, they would both qualify directly for the quarter-finals should Liventia lose.
Last edited by Liventia on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Слава Україні!

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:00 am

Who thought it would come to this? Group A is currently running a tight face where four teams are battling it out to progress to the Quarter-finals and skip the Elimination playoffs. West Phoenicia, Apox, Ko-oren and Elejamie. Four good and strong teams, and it will come down to the last game to see which two teams will move to the quarter-finals.

The West Phoenician Lighting Bolts will play off against Eastfield Lodge after a close to call victory against Tornado Queendom, that saw the Lightning Bolts win by 2 runs, a too close game considering West Phoenicia ranks number 1 and they should have been leaps and abounds ahead of an unranked team. West Phoenicians are secretly hoping for Ko-oren to lose their next match when they face off against Tornado Queendom. The chances of Ko-oren are slim, and punters are already saying Ko-oren will win. If by some changes they don't, West Phoenicia is also supporting Apox over Elejamie. This is what will need to happen, otherwise West Phoenicia wl head off into the Elimination playoffs. While not all that bad, time and time against West Phoenician teams habe choked at that point.

The cricket stadium is expected to reach capacity for the next match with many West Phoenician fans lining up to already to purchase tickets.

In other sports next West Phoenician Baseball team The Confederates are our of the World Baseball Classic series after losing 3 games to 1 against The Free Republics in the 2nd round games. Fans were left in tears at the loss and a controversy still surrounds game two over a ball which an umpire labelled a strike.

Gold medalist Figure Skater Angelika Lipinski who pulled in a medal at the XIII Winter Olympics in Prescott, Electrum continues to reign supreme in West Phoenicia as she places 1st in the West Phoenicia Figure Skating Championships. The win and placing has guaranteed her a spot at the next Winter Olympic Games representing West Phoenicia.

Meanwhile Brown medalist Lady Emily De Black of the Para cross-country skiing—Women's 7.5 km classical who shot to fame at the II Winter Paralympics Olympics-Neverend, Liventia, has officially called it quits for any future entries at a Paralympics. Lady Emily de Black will instead focus on her own make up and fashion line

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:38 am

All questions will be answered soon! The T20 World Cup group stage is almost over, and amidst a frenzy of teams that can still make the second round, the Greenblues have just escaped the final-day purgatory and can already prepare for what's to come after the ninth match. Out of 20 total teams, three have already qualified (Ko-oren and Apox from Group A, hosts Liventia from Group B), four teams are eliminated (Tornado Queendom, Indusse and Krytenia from A, Tulize from B), and the remaining 13(!) have everything to play for in the ninth round. We won't go over everyone's chances: the tournament organisation have put in a comprehensive effort to calculate those for us.

The two-match slip has been forgotten almost entirely: the Greenblues have gone back to scheduled programming with win after win, most recently over the Plough Islands and Krytenia. The former are still in the race (and with a win over us, would have put both of us in purgatory), though the latter have quietly disappointed with two wins in eight matches. Our national team certainly has had a much easier schedule down the stretch, with matches against eliminated teams forming two-thirds of the end of our fixtures.

Ko-oren 159/4 (18.1 overs)
The Plough Islands 155/6 (20 overs)
The Bastion, Dover

The Plough Islands' efforts are remarkable because they have selected, effectively, a youth team. Even so, they are not here to gain experience and apply that knowledge to the longer formats. They are here to win, like any other team, and their captain fell in that pursuit. Weiss was forced off the team, his low run rate not suited to T20 cricket. On the other side, the Ko-orenites displayed their fitness and how comfortable they are with the shorter format, even if the Young Foxes put up 155 runs. Harvey had a standout performance with four wickets (unfortunately for nearly 40 runs). Either he put enormous pressure on the batsman, or he was knocked for a boundary. Marsden, always the run-suppresser, allowed just 25 but failed to take a wicket. Harvey even took some of the bigger wickets: both openers and the number three (Aliyev, 35 runs). The largest target of the day turned out to be Nasrullin, who remained elusive until the end of the match, scoring 51 for her team.

Ko-oren had a doable, but sizeable target at 156, and couldn't allow themselves to start slow. Treadway and Crawford shot out of the gates, even if Crawford keeps giving up his wicket early on. Treadway contined for a lot longer, but was eventually run out. The Young Foxes used seven bowlers in order to find what could hurt the Greenblues, but only ended up giving away more runs, and soon the target was within reach. It was mostly the doing of Stanway (49 runs) and Treadway (38), but it were the final batsmen who made sure the target would be met earlier than the last ball: Ahern, Welsh and yMharwn scoring 20, 19 and 12 respectively, on 10, 11, and 7 balls.

Krytenia 157/5 (20 overs)
Ko-oren 159/8 (19.5 overs)
Folenisa Cricket Ground

Armed with the knowledge that a win would mean certain knockouts (and likely quarterfinals), the Greenblues played the lightblues (?). The new lineup remains in place: Treadway - Crawford - Stanway - Ahern - Welsh - yMharwn - Wheelwright - Darknoll - Fox - Harvey - Marsden. Krytenia was to bat first, and did nearly exactly what the Plough Islands did. Harvey couldn't get a grip, and Fox wasn't too sure either. Marsden bowled after every 'big' over, where Krytenia scored more than 9-10 runs, hoping to frustrate the batsmen and maybe get them to misjudge Marsden's different style. Swing worked wonders for the entire match, but not everyone found the rhythm to bowl swing effectively, consistently. In the end, Krytenia got to 157 fairly easily, without dipping into the tail-end, and Darknoll and yMharwn not looking to sharp either.

A stern talking-to from Marsden whipped some shape into the team. The fielding had been on point in the first innings, so hopefully that could lead to something good. The Ko-orenite batsmen were only involved in the fielding, so maybe there was something there.

However, what they didn't expect, was that Krytenia got better as the innings progressed. Treadway and Crawford fell relatively early, but that was offset by Stanway and Ahern's monster partnership (61 off 47), but once they were gone, it all fell apart. One batsman (Welsh) fell at 0 off 4, and the next (yMharwn) stabilised it by going 20 off 12. The inconsistency kept on going, to Wheelwright (8 in 6), Darknoll (34 in 20), and Fox and Harvey not able to add much at the end - but the bowler duo did it! On the second last ball, aided by a few questionable extras in the 18th and 19th over, Ko-oren crept ever closer to 158, until finally Harvey could profit on a tossed up ball outside off, no spin, and ended the match with a square drive, in between the infielders, too fast for the outfield. A four, lifting the Greenblues from 155 to 159, to end up on the same score as days earlier against the Foxes.

Those final overs had more luck than wisdom, and you need some luck to get far in a World Cup. Even then, we expect Marsden to do something in the Tornado Queendom match to make it easier for his teammates. There is still a ways to go - and Ko-oren isn't the only contender. Liventia, with the home advantage, Apox, also on 6-2, and the perennial Elejamie, West Phoenicia, Eastfield Lodge (who will have to come from behind: they're 7th where 6th is needed), Darmen, and Mattijana. The relative newcomers of Pratapgadh, Sajnur and the Busoga Islands are also up there - and so half the field is capable of going far into the World Cup. Only Barunia and Damukuni have disappointed so far, in my opinion.

Above all, though, we'd love to play the Plough Islands again.
Last edited by Ko-oren on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
WCC President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Darmen
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:29 am

Darmen in position for Playoffs

Darmen 154/5 (20)-148/5 (20) Mattijana
Mattijana won the toss and chose to bowl, Darmen won by 6 runs
@ Island Cricket Arena, Schimpol, Liventia (attendance 27,326)

First Innings
Name Runs Balls 4's 6's SR
V Acker lbw b Karamov 35 30 3 1 116.67
S Winter* c Glukspiel b Googlov 20 22 3 0 90.91
W van der Zee c Sava b Riegler 41 40 4 1 102.50
T Milligan lbw b Glukspiel 15 12 1 1 125.00
E Ready not out 17 8 2 1 212.50
A Armbruster† c Laramazic b Glukspiel 8 3 2 0 266.67
C McAlister not out 13 5 3 0 260.00
Extras 5
Did not bat (K Rosenfeld, M Wakefield, A Dickenson, D Myers)

Name Overs M Runs Wickets Econ.
M Karamov 4.0 0 24 1 6.00
K Riegler 4.0 0 38 1 9.50
D Johanovic 4.0 0 31 0 7.75
M Googlov 4.0 0 38 1 9.50
F Glukspiel 4.0 0 23 2 5.75

Second Innings
J Illicič lbw b Wakefield 10 6 2 0 166.67
K Sava c Winter b McAlister 16 11 3 0 145.45
M Žackov c Ready b Myers 31 20 4 1 155.00
J Laramazic lbw b Rosenfeld 5 3 1 0 166.67
J Benzeni b Wakefield 35 25 5 1 140.00
F Glukspiel not out 29 33 4 1 87.88
J Illicic† not out 15 22 3 0 68.18
Extras 7
Did not bat (M Karamov*, K Riegler, D Johanovic, M Googlov)

C McAlister 4.0 0 29 1 7.25
D Myers 4.0 0 21 1 5.25
K Rosenfeld 4.0 0 33 1 8.25
M Wakefield 4.0 0 30 2 7.50
A Dickenson 4.0 0 35 0 8.75

Darmen 156/5 (19.1)-154/3 (20) Busoga Islands
Darmen won the toss and chose to bowl, Darmen won by 5 wickets
@ Island Cricket Arena, Schimpol, Liventia (attendance 26,989)

First Innings
S Qajar* lbw b Dickenson 41 27 6 1 151.85
M Mofid c Milligan b McAlister 19 11 4 0 172.73
H Raoufi not out 56 58 5 3 96.55
H Kamran b Myers 30 19 3 2 157.89
P Golchin not out 2 5 0 0 40.00
Extras 6
Did not bat (Z Golchin†, Z Nouzari, J Noori, A Sadiq, M Al-Zarif, B Almasi)

C McAlister 4.0 0 25 1 6.25
D Myers 4.0 0 27 1 6.75
K Rosenfeld 4.0 0 33 0 8.25
A Dickenson 4.0 0 39 1 9.75
D Gardenar 4.0 0 30 0 7.50

Second Innings
V Acker c Golchin† b Sadiq 1 2 0 0 50.00
S Winter* lbw b Noori 18 9 3 1 200.00
W van der Zee b Sadiq 27 14 5 0 192.86
T Milligan not out 49 36 6 2 136.11
E Ready c Mofid b Almasi 26 20 4 1 130.00
D Gardenar lbw b Nouzari 10 12 1 0 83.33
A Armbruster† not out 17 22 3 0 77.27
Extras 8
Did not bat (C McAlister, K Rosenfeld, A Dickenson, D Myers)

J Noori 4.0 0 32 1 8.00
A Sadiq 4.0 0 28 2 7.00
B Almasi 4.0 0 37 1 9.25
M Al-Zarif 3.1 0 26 0 8.21
Z Nouzari 4.0 0 33 1 8.25

Lineup changes for final match against Teusland: Máel Sechlainn Brice will replace Vinnie Acker; Justin Beckett will replace Adalfuns Armbruster; and Menashe Wakefield will replace Domenic Gardenar.
Last edited by Darmen on Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Mattijana
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:54 am

World T20 Group Stage: Untangling the Final Fixtures

MFO SPORT

By Jonas Agnitz, MFO Krickete Correspondent

With the Group Stage of the World T20 about to come to an end, who gets into the quarter-finals, and indeed into the playoffs for them, is still very uncertain.

T20 is of course a highly unpredictable discipline, which has been proven over the last few days as my predictions with four matches to go have been completely rubbished. Ko-oren and Apox, who I thought might be in some trouble by this stage have already qualified for at least a playoff, whilst Krytenia, who I backed to replace one of them, sit bottom of the group and are already eliminated.

Group B looks harder to read than a mystery leg-spinner as well. Liventia are the only team to have guaranteed a spot in the knockout stages, with Darmen and Mattijana favourites to fight over the other automatic qualifying spot, but only Tulize cannot make it through.

Final Day Fixtures:

Group A:
Ko-oren vs Tornado Queendom
Lisander vs Krytenia
Indusse vs Plough Islands
Apox vs Elejamie
West Phoenicia vs Eastfield Lodge

Group B:
Busoga Islands vs Mattijana
Teusland vs Darmen
Barunia vs Liventia
Tulize vs Pratapgadh
Sajnur vs Damukuni

I've had a guess at the sides who were going to make it out of group A already and made a mess of it, but I'm going to have another go, which given the nature of the tournament so far, is either brave or just plain stupid.

With a match against already eliminated Tornado Queendom and the head-to-head bragging rights over Apox, Ko-oren are favourites to go through at the top of the group. The Greenblues came through a potentially tough match against the Plough Islands and dispatched Krytenia to top the table and face a side who have not really threatened the top tier of teams this tournament.

Elejamie and Apox face a shootout for the other automatic qualifying place in the final round. Elejamie will seal it with a win on the head to head record, whilst Apox will do likewise and may even go top if Ko-oren slip up.

The Plough Islands should also seal their position in the playoff round with a game against Indusse, who have also been eliminated. The islanders have been a little off-form of late however, losing to Lisander and Ko-oren in their last two matches and slipping to 6th in the table, the last available place in the knockout stages.

Much has been said about the sorry state of Lisander's cricket. The dispute between the boards of Lisander and neighbouring Alice Bay has dragged on for way too long and shows no sign of ending anytime soon. Reports from Lisander have said that there is support for this team out of neccessity rather than free will, but that support is not going to last long.
It will hopefully been boosted however by the side's performance in Liventia. A patchy start has given way to a good run of excellent wins against Eastfield Lodge, Elejamie and, as previously mentioned, the Plough Islands, three wins that no-one back home probably anticipated coming into the tournament.
A win against eliminated Krytenia would secure an excellent result for the team and hopefully show those back home in Lisander that the sport, and this team, have a future in the country.

That fixture is certainly worth keeping an eye on, but the blockbuster should be the match between West Phoenicia and Eastfield Lodge.
The Lodge have dropped down to 7th in the table and face elimination unless they win, but if they do so, it is the defending champions and number 1-ranked side who may slip down. Wins for the Lightening Bolts against the Plough Islands and Lisander will protect them from elimination, but they may face a tougher playoff game should they lose. West Phoenicia look unlikely to take an automatic spot thanks to a loss to Apox.

What About Group B?

Hosts Liventia are the only side to have guaranteed their progress to some form of knockout match having won 6 of their 8 games so far. They face Barunia on the final day, a side who were early favourites to go through at the beginning of the tournament, but have gone off the boil of late. A loss to Pratapgadh in their latest game was preceded by surprise defeats by Sajnur and Damukuni, prompting some to suggest that the team had got complacent after some good inital wins.
Both the Busoga Islands and Teusland made strong starts to the tournament, but have also dropped off of late. Both will likely qualify for a playoff with wins, but face Mattijana and Darmen respectively in their final group game. Darmen and Mattijana currently face a scrap for the second automatic qualifying spot. In the event of both winning, Darmen will take it due to a 6 run victory on matchday 7. Despite that, if Liventia lose, it is Mattijana who will have the advantage thanks to their nail-biting win earlier in the competition.

Mid-table sides Pratapgadh and Sajnur have no doubt had a better tournament than expected and will expect to get a playoff given they face the bottom two sides in the group on the final day.

How will Mattijana Feel?

The Marmots should qualify for the knockouts and may even get an automatic pass into the quarter-finals, but it has been a patchy tournament nonetheless. Early defeats to Teusland and Barunia set them back, the batting looking especially below par due to a failure to score runs at the death. They recovered with a brilliant spell of death bowling from Mattias Karamov, the captain conceding just 5 runs from his final over to restrict the Liventian chase.

The fielding has been sharp and in general, they have bowled well, so it is just the batting where they are in need of obvious improvement. For me, they have a few too many anchors and a ship with too many anchors is quite likely to sink.

Marko Zackov, Katarina Sava and Jelena Laramazic are all capable of playing that role, but are not big hitters and that means that there have been plenty of pretty run-a-ball 50s, but fewer of the destructive match-winning innings that can see a team dominate matches. As a result, Mattijana have had to rely on the bowling performances of Karamov and Riegler, a risky way to win a tournament.

Trying to predict who they get in the next round is hopefully not something that will be going through Karamov's mind at the moment, the focus for now is on wrapping the group stage up. I'm not going to try either, that would be really mad.
The socialist republic of Mattijana:
As if Austria, Slovenia, North-Eastern Europe and Sweden were merged together into some weird stew of a country.
through resilience, we are strong!

The Plough Islands
Chargé d'Affaires

Democratic Socialists

Postby The Plough Islands » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:20 pm

on the 18th June 2019, the Plough Islands Gazette wrote:
20-OVER WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP: SCOTT INJURED IN BITTERSWEET LISANDER REUNION
by Caroline Iddon, Additional Sporting Correspondent, in Orean

What promised to be an intriguing match with the team that gave the Plough Islands their first taste of a wider world of cricket ultimately turned sour at the National Centre of Excellence Oval last night as a subdued performance by the Young Foxes was compounded by a foot injury to wicketkeeper John Scott that ruled him out of the rest of the tournament in Liventia.
The stand-in captain was fielding an edge from Licío Hagen when he fell on landing and suffered what scans at City Centre Hospital confirmed was a metatarsal injury. The Young Foxes were forced to conclude the Lisanderian innings with all-rounder Jannie Hendricks deputising behind the wicket, as the late-innings partnership of Hagen and Blake Lihou boosted Lisander to 164 - a target that, despite a half century by the returning Hamilton Smith and a battling thirty from Catherine Nasrullin, the Young Foxes ultimately never looked like reaching. Veteran Lisanderian fast bowler Yoann Zaid took 3-30 and also claimed the run out of Rory Aliyev, who along with Hendricks - who chopped a Zoran Kendall turner on to his stumps for just two - failed to fire, as the Plough Islands lost too many wickets late in the innings and finished twelve short.
Although Scott is expected to make a full recovery, the way in which his injury impacted both the Lisander match and the team's wider plans has caused some consternation within the Plough Islander camp, with Hendricks - who is one of a group of Young Foxes who have informally taken on a collective captaincy - telling this author "you have to have a sense of detachment and dark humour about it, because otherwise you can get lost in the despair. Even looking at it all sideways, though, I did not want to take up the job alone...".
It is understood that for the final group game against Indusse, the selection and bowling decisions will be made jointly between senior players and coach Catherine Chambers, but Nasrullin will be organising field positions and officially designated as captain, although the arrangement is likely to be fluid should the Young Foxes progress further in the tournament - a prospect about which Nasrullin was realistic; "We have that within our grasp, but given how things have been going...we will need to make our mark on the game very early on in order to ensure that it remains within our control. Ideally we will need people like Terry [Gibbs] and Leigh [Tarasov] to play as well as they can, and hopefully if we all pull together we can extend our stay here a little".
It will be with this goal in mind that a patched up Young Foxes side, with its tentative collective captaincy and 17-year-old Tarasov - who has played in just one match so far, the win over Krytenia - replacing Scott behind the stumps, will take to the field against Indusse tomorrow. While there is no doubt about the commitment of the eleven players that will walk out, or the hundred and forty thousand more Plough Islanders willing them on, at this stage of the tournament one could be forgiven for thinking that commitment and passion matter little in comparison to the vagaries of chance.

XI FOR 20 OVER GAME VS. INDUSSE

PLAYER BAT BOW
#4 G Forrester LHB
#11 HD Smith RHB
#2 RP Aliyev RHB
#12 FA Somerton RHB
#8 P Hodgeson LHB SLC
#9 ES Nasrullin (c) LHB
#7 AJ Hendricks RHB RLB
#13 LE Tarasov (w) RHB
#14 RG Vowles LHB SLA
#6 JKI Hart LHB LFM
#5 TSF Gibbs RHB RLB
National team
ANAIA NATION
Because not all those
who wander are lost
he/they

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Bleeding Red & Gold
Written By Divaj Dharel

We have finished 8 matches by now, and we have one more match left. We win, we continue, we lose, we go home. But we are playing Tulize next, who have only won one match. But we should never underestimate someone, they might pick up a win. But we will give them a tough fight.

Today, I bleed red and gold, the colours of my nation. I bleed because I am proud, I bleed because I am confident. I day we lose, the bleeding would stop and I hope it doesn't stop. Today at practice, I could see the tension and fear on my team's face. The fear of losing, the fear of disappointment of the fans. While the fans are celebrating, we are suffering. It's not easy for us, day by day I am more stressed. I might have made many runs and known for standing up to the enemy, but I can't stand up to failure. I know we won't win the championship, but I hope we get to the quarter-finals at least.

My idol, Rajendra Rathore, was unhappy about his performance and wished to be dropped off the starting eleven. But the captain Sanjay Gadia refused to do that. I know Rajendra Sir would play very well against Tulize. Abdaal Rahman and Kartik Kakadia were awesome, doing their best to take wickets and concede fewer runs as possible. Farhang Gondalwala and Juman Mulani were unable to perform well. But I know they will shine again.

I made 3 half-centuries for my team, but I am not happy. I am hungry for glory, the glory of my team. I bleed red and gold, and I always will. May the best win to move on to the quarter-finals or elimination play-offs
Last edited by Pratapgadh on Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cricket Rankings
Cricket Stats

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:47 am

Matchday Nine
Group A
Ko-oren 166/3 (20 overs)
Tornado Queendom 161/4 (20 overs)
Folenisa Cricket Ground

Lisander 132/8 (20 overs)
Krytenia 134/5 (17.2 overs)
The Bastion, Dover

Indusse 167/6 (20 overs)
The Plough Islands 171/7 (19 overs)
Folenisa Cricket Ground

Apox 184/3 (20 overs)
Elejamie 187/4 (18.2 overs)
NCE Oval, City Centre

West Phoenicia 168/9 (20 overs)
Eastfield Lodge 195/5 (20 overs)
NCE Oval, City Centre

Group B
Busoga Islands 153/7 (18.5 overs)
Mattijana 151/5 (20 overs)
Lewes Park, Neverend

Teusland 158/5 (20 overs)
Darmen 159/4 (19.2 overs)
Park Central Oval, Orean

Barunia 157/8 (20 overs)
Liventia 191/4 (20 overs)
Park Central Oval, Orean

Tulize 152/9 (20 overs)
Pratapgadh 157/3 (20 overs)

Sajnur 140/4 (20 overs)
Damukuni 142/6 (15 overs)
Lewes Park, Neverend

Group tables
Group A Pld W T L Pts

1 Ko-oren 9 7 0 2 14
2 Elejamie 9 6 0 3 12

3 Apox 9 6 0 3 12
4 Eastfield Lodge 9 5 0 4 10
5 West Phoenicia 9 5 0 4 10
6 The Plough Islands 9 5 0 4 10

7 Lisander 9 4 0 5 8
8 Krytenia 9 3 0 6 6
9 Tornado Queendom 9 2 0 7 4
10 Indusse 9 2 0 7 4

Head-to-head:
West Phoenicia beat The Plough Islands on MD2
The Plough Islands beat Eastfield Lodge on MD3
Eastfield Lodge beat West Phoenicia on MD9

Head-to-head NRR:
Eastfield Lodge +0.425
West Phoenicia +0.175
The Plough Islands –0.600

Group B Pld W T L Pts
1 Liventia 9 7 0 2 14
2 Darmen 9 6 0 3 12

3 Pratapgadh 9 5 1 3 11
4 Busoga Islands 9 5 0 4 10
5 Mattijana 9 5 0 4 10
6 Damukuni 9 4 1 4 9

7 Barunia 9 4 0 5 8
Sajnur 9 4 0 5 8
Teusland 9 4 0 5 8
10 Tulize 9 1 0 8 2

*Tie for seventh not separated as all teams were eliminated

The elimination playoff will be scorinated at approximately 22:30 UTC on Friday, 21 June (00:30 CEST 22 June).

Playoff fixtures
Apox v Damukuni at Lewes Park, Neverend
Eastfield Lodge v Mattijana at Folenisa Cricket Ground, Folenisa
Busoga Islands v West Phoenicia at Island Cricket Arena, Schimpol
Pratapgadh v The Plough Islands at The Bastion Dover Cricket Ground, Dover

Ko-oren v Pratapgadh/The Plough Islands at Park Central Oval, Orean*
Elejamie v Busoga Islands/West Phoenicia at Folenisa Cricket Ground
Liventia v Apox/Damukuni at National Centre of Excellence Oval, City Centre
Darmen v Eastfield Lodge/Mattijana at The Bastion Dover Cricket Ground
*Switched from Island Cricket Arena, Schimpol, which was the originally-scheduled ground

Winner QF1 v Winner QF4 at National Centre of Excellence Oval
Winner QF2 v Winner QF3 at Park Central Oval, Orean
Last edited by Liventia on Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Слава Україні!

The Plough Islands
Chargé d'Affaires

Democratic Socialists

Postby The Plough Islands » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:23 pm

Apologies for the brevity - I'm travelling today, but if time allows this evening I'll see if I can edit in a preview article...

XI FOR 20 OVER GAME VS. PRATAPGADH

PLAYER BAT BOW
#4 G Forrester LHB
#11 HD Smith RHB
#2 RP Aliyev RHB
#12 FA Somerton RHB
#8 P Hodgeson LHB SLC
#9 ES Nasrullin (c) LHB
#7 AJ Hendricks RHB RLB
#13 LE Tarasov (w) RHB
#14 RG Vowles LHB SLA
#3 E Bailey RHB ROB
#5 TSF Gibbs RHB RLB
National team
ANAIA NATION
Because not all those
who wander are lost
he/they

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:57 am

Sports
Cricket

Pratapgadh Is In The Elimination Playoffs

Written by Rajeev Chauhan

Congrats to the Men in Red & Gold, they will play The Plough Islands in the elimination playoffs. After successfully defeating Tulize in their 9th match, Pratapgadh will be playing a really strong team, The Plough Islands. Pratapgadh defeated Tulize by 7 wickets, Divaj scored his third half-century in this championship.

Tulize won the toss and chose to bat, I can't say much about their side, they are mysterious. Kartik Kakadia's first over was a maiden over, his bouncers were too good for the Tulize batsman and Kartik also got one wicket in his maiden over. In his next two overs, Kartik was able to get 2 more wickets, making the score 35 for 3. Abdaal was able to get two wickets from his 4 overs, but the wicket-taker of the game was Pradip Khatmode. He took 4 wickets off 4 overs, only conceding 32 runs. His spin gave a hard time for the batsman but still was able to make some runs. On the other hand, Sanjay Gadia and Sandha Ghalo were the most economical bowlers of the match, with Sanjay conceding 6 runs per over and Sandha conceding 5 runs per over. By the end, Tulize's score was 152 for 9 off 20 overs.

This is what the commentator had to say about Pratapgadh's bowling. He said "Excellent bowling from Pratapgadh. Tulize were almost all-out but survived. Pradip, Kartik and Abdaal did their part of taking wickets, Sanjay and Sandha did their part of slowing down the opponent. Pratapgadh needs to make 153 runs to win the game, and I think Rajendra and Divaj will be able to do that."

Pratapgadh starts their innings. Here is how the first over went. Rajendra knocks the first ball and runs for a single. The second ball was smashed for a six, and so was the third, fourth and fifth. Divaj blocked the last ball. Sadly, Rajendra only scored 6 runs off 4 balls. But Divaj Dharel filled in his absence by smashing every ball, scoring 50 off 18 balls. He smashed two fours and seven sixes and was caught behind on his 18th ball. Bipin scored 33 runs before he got an LBW on his 29th ball. Juman Mulani and Farhang played till the end, with Juman scoring 29 runs and Farhang scoring 28 runs. Juman Mulani smashed the last ball of the innings for a six, making the final score 157 for 3 after 20 overs of fun. It was good to see Divaj Dharel getting better and better.

This is what Sanjay had to say "It was a good effort from our team, everybody did their part and that is why we won. It was sad to see how Rajendra got out so early, but I believe we will gradually get better." I asked him about his strategy against The Plough Islands, he said "After playing nine matches, I have seen that our batting is really strong and we are good at chasing. So if we win the toss against The Plough Islands, I would probably choose to bowl first and then chase." I had talked with the whole team, and they are really excited about the match. I talked to the man of the match, Divaj Dharel, this is what he said "Great match today, and I feel proud today. I hope we win the next match and play Ko-oren in the quarter-finals. I will be playing T20 in Ko-oren soon, so I would get to know more about them and how good they are." The team is confident and ready to play The Plough Islands.

So that is all I have got to say today. Pratapgadh defeated Tulize, Divaj made the fastest 50 in the team, the Men in Red & Gold are confident, my family's dog died and my son cried, and my neighbour had a tantrum. That is all, hopefully, Pratapgadh defeats The Plough Islands. Whatever the result, best of luck Pratapgadh!

SCORECARD

Tulize Won The Toss, Chose To Bat
Tulize Innings
NameRunsMaidensOversWicketsEconomy
Kartik Kakadia341438.50
Abdaal Rahman4204210.50
Pradip Khatmode320448.00
Sanjay Gadia240406.00
Sandha Ghalo200405.00
Catches(2): Sanjay Gadia(1), Divaj Dharel(1)
Extras(5): 4 Wides, 1 No-ball

Pratapgadh Innings
NameRunsBalls4s6sStrike Rate
Rajendra Rathore6410150.00b ????
Divaj Dharel501827277.78c ???? b ????
Bipin Parte332921113.79lbw b ????
Juman Mulani29361180.56Not Out
Farhang Gondalwala28332084.85Not Out
Did Not Bat: Sanjay Gadia, Sandha Ghalo, Javed Kazmi, Pradip Khatmode, Abdaal Rahman, Kartik Kakadia
Extras(6): 6 Wides

Play Like A Warrior
Cricket Rankings
Cricket Stats

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:39 am

West Phoenician Lighting Bolts fail to beat Eastfield Lodge on match day 9. For a match that was needed to avoid the Elimination stage, the Lightning Bolts messed it up majority.
Scoring only 168 against Eastfield Lodge running up a score of 195, the loss plummeted West Phoenicia to the 5th spot in the groupings, forcing them into an elimination match against Busoga Islands at the Island Cricket Arena.

Fans were left in tears at the loss that should not have happened. The Lighting Bolts were so confident of the win they let the ball drop and not only let down their team mates but their fans too.

Team coach has said he doesn't want to boast too soon, but as the currently number one ranked team in the league they have an enormous opportunity to smash Busoga Islands and send them home. It is bound to be a great must watch game, both teams had the same win/loss rate and The Lighting Bolts have not been playing the best this season.
Fans are lining up for tickets, ready to come out like a large army to cheer on their team. With baseball failing to produce fruit this season, hope lies on cricket to boost the West Phoenician brand on the international stage.

In other news which has upset Moderates and leftist citizens and politicians across West Phoenicia Justice Amber Trustee who has been a Justice for the West Phoenician Supreme Court for the last 20 years has released a statement of resignation, at the age of 65 she would like to retire and spend more time with her loved ones.

Currently the West Phoenician Supreme Court is made of 1 Chief Justice and 8 Associate Justices.
Sinnethopia and Narrewood are seen as moderates. While Trustee and de Vutton are the liberal judges. The remaining 5 are Conservative leaning.

Chief Justice: Sophia Sinnethopia
• Justice 1: Gaius Gryphon I
• Justice 2: Bradley Curran
• Justice 3: Alan Narrewood
• Justice 4: Thuy Swanston
• Justice 5: Rev Rob Church
• Justice 6: Inga Horne
• Justice 7: Amber Trustee
• Justice 8: Cate de Vutton

With Justice Amber Trustee departure Moderates and Liberals are bracing for an additional Conservative justice to ascend to the bench which will keep the court conservative for many decades to come.
Justices are nominated by the Prime Minister confirmed by the Senate, the nomination is than presented to the Emperor who has power to veto the nomination. In all the history of the Supreme Court, a nomination has never been vetoed.

The Senate is made of of 310 Senators, 145 make up the Coalition, more than likely if a strict Conservative is choose they will also receive the support from the Far Right Bloc which holds 26 seats giving them more than enough power to ignore the dissent from the Moderates, Left wing and Far Left wing bloc. However if the Prime Minister selected a more centrr-right justice they are sure to get the support of the 56 moderate senators.
With the resignation coming into affect at the end or July, the media will surely be focusing alot of their attention on possible replacements.

Darmen
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:41 am

Darmen finishes second in Group B
Avoids Elimination Playoff, will face Eastfield Lodge or Mattijana in Quarters

Teusland 158/5 (20)-159/4 (19.2) Darmen
Darmen won the toss and chose to bowl, Darmen won by 6 wickets
@ Park Central Oval, Orean, Liventia (attendance 34,598)

First Innings
R Reider lbw b Wakefield 17 11 3 0 154.55
K von Sauerland* c Beckett† b McAlister 39 25 5 1 156.00
A Tausche c Milligan b McAlister 25 17 3 1 147.06
S Basch b Dickenson 4 3 1 0 133.33
F Polzl not out 37 43 6 0 86.05
E Bohlen c van der Zee b Rosenfeld 10 9 2 0 111.11
E Kohl not out 18 12 3 0 150.00
Extras 8
Did not bat (L Meissner†, A Elsner, K Traube, K Valden)

C McAlister 4.0 0 32 2 8.00
D Myers 4.0 0 38 0 9.50
A Dickenson 4.0 0 27 1 6.75
M Wakefield 4.0 0 33 1 8.25
K Rosenfeld 4.0 0 28 1 7.00

Second Innings
MS Brice c Polzl b Kohl 32 14 5 1 228.57
S Winter* c Bohlen b Elsner 20 9 4 0 222.22
W van der Zee not out 55 58 6 3 94.83
T Milligan c Reider b von Sauerland 7 8 1 0 87.50
E Ready c Tausche b Valden 13 9 2 0 144.44
J Beckett† not out 23 18 2 1 127.78
Extras 9
Did not bat (C McAlister, M Wakefield, K Rosenfeld, D Myers, A Dickenson)

K Valden 4.0 0 31 1 7.75
K Traube 4.0 0 28 0 7.00
A Elsner 4.0 0 37 1 9.25
E Kohl 3.2 0 33 1 9.90
K von Sauerland 4.0 0 30 1 7.50
After a slow start to the group stage, Darmen has found its rhythm and embarked on a five match winning streak to go from last in Group B to runners-up. Only Liventia, the host nation, performed better throughout the nine match group stage, finishing with 14 points compared to Darmen's 12.

Darmen's latest victory came against Teusland, whose total of 158 was matched and surpassed by an in-form Darmen. Máel Sechlainn Brice, opening the batting in place of the struggling Vinnie Acker, scored 32 off 14, as he and captain Sigmund Winter clipped along at a blistering pace. Winter departed in the third over, being replaced by Winston van der Zee who remained in the middle for the rest of the match. van der Zee matched his high score of the competition, 55 not out, and together with reserve wicket-keeper Justin Beckett excelled throughout the latter quarter of the innings to chase down Teusland's total.

Darmen will have the next few days off to rest before a quarterfinal matchup against either Eastfield Lodge or Mattijana. Confidence among the members of the Darmeni camp is running high, and a potential semifinal matchup against Ko-oren is proving to be rather enticing to the Darmeni players. "We want to win," commented Winter post-match, "We've never doubted our ability to do so, even with the struggles early on. We're on a hot run now and those in our way better be prepared for a tough challenge."

Lineup for Quarterfinal Match
MS Brice, S Winter*, W van der Zee, T Milligan, E Ready, A Armbruster†, C McAlister, M Wakefield, D Myers, K Rosenfeld, A Dickenson
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:23 pm

Elimination play-off matches
Apox 163/9 (20 overs)
Damukuni 157/4 (20 overs)
Lewes Park, Neverend

Eastfield Lodge 161 (16.2 overs)
Mattijana 176/5 (20 overs)
Folenisa Cricket Ground, Folenisa