NATION

PASSWORD

WC 82 RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sargossa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Sargossa » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:13 pm

The world rankings are a curious thing. They often give a disjointed view of what a group will actually offer. Matchday fifteen offered up nineteenth ranked Sargossa against the eighty fifth placed Squornshelan Remnant States. The rankings suggested an easy win. The match did not. Nearly one hundred and nine thousand fans were packed into the Estadio Generalissimo Joaquín Delgado in the Sargossan capital, and they were watching a fixture between two well matched sides.

The Corsairs had the advantage in the attacking third (thirty six goals in fifteen matches, compared to the visitors seventeen) but the Black-and-Reds were terrifically well organised and were successfully soaking up everything the home side were currently throwing at them. They’d been breached once, Fabián Guzmán planting a header from an Alonzo Zevallos cross beyond the reach of Istaro Munib, but since then Munib and his defence had looked largely untroubled. They’d bagged themselves an equaliser too, captain Arlo Damot curling a twenty five yard freekick over the defensive wall and into the corner. Now, deep into the second half in Soluca, there was tension in the air. It wasn’t unusual for a Soluca crowd to be edgy, but with every pinpoint challenge and each clearance made by Dymek Raktsov and Tervi Oleb they got increasingly antsy. But there was to be a winner, and it came courtesy of a huge slice of luck.

Veteran forward Miguel Marí has been thrown into the mix, his mercurial talents introduced in an effort to break the deadlock. The Dínamo Maturín picked up a pass from César Goyoso and, from just outside the edge of the box, fired a low drive at the Confederate goal. Munib followed its passage up to the point it clipped the ankle of Dymek Raktsov, altering the trajectory and sending the ball skimming into the opposite corner.

It was a goal greeted by a huge roar from the Soluca crowd, their joy further increased by news that Pasarga weren’t having it their own way in their qualifier in North Prairie. Now it was the Black-and-Reds turn to come forward. But Bethany Donnell, the crafty Brenecian, had built this side to counter attack, they were much less comfortable on the front foot. As shown by their seventeen goals in the campaign, only Gutulia, unranked Fevhader and bottom side Najaf had scored fewer. And tonight wouldn’t be the night they added to their tally. Germán Montero and Luís Vazquez were added to the fray as Rodrigo Defederico switched his formation to a much more defensive 5-3-2, content to sit on the lead. And his charges rose to the occasion, holding out against the Squornshelan attack and greeting the final whistle with punches to the air.

Defederico too allowed himself a clenched fist, a gesture made towards the crowd. It was a victory that put a nine point gap between Sargossa and the Squornshelan Remnant States in third. And with just three games left to play it was a fine position to be in. Coupled with Pasarga’s shock loss in North Prairie, it meant that Sargossa could wrap up a place at the World Cup with a win in Torgos. And what better way to qualify than that.
Champions: Cup of Harmony 41 / Di Bradini Cup 13 / Copa Rushmori V / Copa Rushmori XIV / Copa Rushmori XX / Copa Rushmori XXXVIII / Copa Rushmori XXXIX
Sargossa at the Olympics

" . . . those dictatorship-loving thundertwats . . ."

Bongo Johnson
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 18, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bongo Johnson » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:38 pm

BongoBeat.net - Home for World Cup 82 and more

Rising waters
Ethane proves why they're ranked 8th in statement victory over ISBJ, who need points fast

Ethane has swept the group stage series with the Incorporated states after winning last night's Group 5 matchup 5-3, keeping their hopes to qualify alive for another day. Ethane previously beat Bongo Johnson 6-3 in the first leg of the group stage. The Incorporated defensive corps simply could not keep up with the top-ten nation's pace of play, with Ethane jumping out to a 3-1 lead in the first half of play. Three back and forth goals in the 60th put the game within reach for Bongo Johnson with the score being 4-3, but Ethane quickly countered with a goal that raised their lead back to two goals, snuffing out Incorporated hopes of salvaging a draw in the contest.

The loss comes on the heels of two poorly manage draws from the Incorporated squad, who have somehow (and miraculously) maintained their lead in Group 5 by a precious single point over Damukuni, and a two-point lead over Ko-oren. Though the loss prevented Bongo Johnson from virtually securing a qualifying spot, the rest of the group's results worked out in the team's favor, with Damukuni losing a heartbreaking game to the Euran Oceania Territories and Ko-oren producing a draw against Holy Marsh. Matchday 15's results have ended the World Cup dreams of five out of the group's ten teams: Spokane, Euran Oceania Territories, Libonesia, Holy Marsh, and Freeport. These teams can still play the role of spoiler for the remaining of the three group stage matches, with Bongo Johnson facing Spokane in the final game of the round.

Tonight's game for the Incorporated Squad against Ko-oren is an absolute must-win for the team, who will attempt to stave off Ko-oren's last chances at a Group 5 comeback. Bongo Johnson will have a challenging task at hand, as the formidable Ko-oren team previously won over the Incorporated States 1-0 in the first leg. Jean-Claude did not speak to reporters today and instead elected to have assistant trainer Bill Lockhart answer rudimentary questions about the team's preparations for tonight. We will see if Benoit's unconventional coaching style can pay off when everything is on the line.

Code: Select all
   Group 5                         Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts
 1 Bongo Johnson                    15    9   2   4    31   26   +5    29
 2 Damukuni                         15    8   4   3    36   23  +13    28
 3 Ko-oren                          15    8   3   4    14   11   +3    27
 4 Ethane                           15    7   4   4    34   23  +11    25
 5 Siovanija and Teusland           15    6   4   5    26   24   +2    22

Current look at the competition in Group 5

With three games to go, Bongo Johnson absolutely needs at least a win and a draw to stay afloat. These are the last three contests for the national team:

MD16: vs. Ko-oren
MD17: vs. Spokane
MD18: vs. Siovanija and Teusland

Pending tonight's results, all eyes will be on the Incorporated States to see how they will fare against unranked Spokane and rising underdog Siovanija and Teusland. World Cup dreams may come down to the final game of the group stage.

Goof Troop
Say these fun prayers to cheer on your nation's team!

Matchday Goodnight Prayer
Now I lay me down to sleep
For next day, Lord, the Bongos beat
If I should die before I wake
I'll watch the Cup from heaven's gates
If I should live for the matchday
The Lord shall guide our winning ways

Our Striker Prayer
Our Margaret
who guide our footballs
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come
The Cup shall be won
in Murbley as it in heaven

Give us this day our penalty kicks
And forgive us our yellow cards
As we forgive those who slide tackle against us
Lead us not to elimination
But deliver us to victory
Amen
Last edited by Bongo Johnson on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Proud host of World Bowl XXXII and World Bowl XXXIII
Appearances: 2 (82, 83)
Current rank: 148th
Highest rank: 41st (83)
Lowest rank: 262nd (79)
Best finish: Round 1 (82, 83)

G.A.F.A. I Undefeated Season and Champions
G.A.F.A. II 11-0 Regular Season

Qusmo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Qusmo » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:07 pm

This RP is long enough already, & I don’t want to risk getting surprised by the cutoff again; I’ll submit Part I now &, hopefully, have Part II done for tomorrow. The main character has appeared once before. That RP & this RP from Saltstead comprise the context of this RP.

Dwada-Prant Von stepped out of the cab, gazing in awe at what stood before them.

They had been released from their internship at Fuzpon Qusma, but they needed that job. If it was gone for good - Von shuddered & put it out of their mind. They looked back up & saw the building staring back at them.

“The Arena la Rouge.” Von began walking, confidently, towards the stadium. “This is where I’ll find the United Republican Soccer Federation. This is where I’ll set everything -”

“Why, hello, there!” cried a burly passerby of about forty, sporting a sizable paunch. “How are you?”

“I’m quite well, thank you.”

“Say - don’t seem to be from around here. You a visitor, mind my asking?”

“I’m actually from Qusmo. I’m a representative from Fuzpon Qusma - well,”

“Qusmo, eh? & Fuzpon Qusma your soccer organization, I’m guessing, from your being at the Arena la Rouge?”

“Yes, in fact, I -”

“Well, mighty glad to have you here in Philibiscostal, mate. Recommend, though, you see the RS Amphitheatre. In Port-des-Saints, got a great atmosphere, lovely place. Where Omerica first hosted Qusmo. Consider myself a bit of a footballing historian, so I know my stuff. Should really check that out. Meantime, though, I own a pub over on the corner; can have a drink with us while you’re here, if you like.”

“Oh, no; I’m here to work, not drink.”

“Suit yourself. Cheers!”

“Wait a moment!” Von called. “The national team plays at the RS Amphitheatre, in the capital?”

“Course! Great place.”

“Well, thank you; I appreciate your help.”

“No problem, mate! Swing by sometime; love to share a drink with you when you’re off the clock!”

Von gathered their things & looked for another cab to hail.

Dwada-Prant Von stepped out of the cab, gazing in awe at what stood before them.

They had been released from their internship at Fuzpon Qusma, but they needed that job. If their friends back home came to think that Von wasn’t really what they were all cracked up to be - Von shuddered & put it out of their mind. They looked back up & saw the building staring back at them.

“The RS Amphitheatre.” Von began walking, confidently, towards the stadium. “This is where I’ll find the United Republican Soccer Federation. This is where I’ll set everything -”

“Excuse me! Sir? Ma’am? I don’t know? Person?” asked someone dressed in flannel, sipping a coffee, who looked to be a college student. “Um, sorry; are you one of those Qusmi?”

“Yes, I’m one of ‘those Qusmi’y.’”

“Oh, I’m very sorry; there are so many nations in the Multiverse, & with my classes, it’s just hard to keep them all straight.”

“I’m sure.”

“Anyways, welcome to Port-des-Saints! What brings you here?”

“Are you sure? This is where Qusmo - I’m a representative from Fuzpon Qusma - well, not exactly a representative - I was -”

“Oh, you’re one of those footballers? Very nice! I wouldn’t have taken you for an athlete; I guess you Qusmi’y - Qusmi’y? - must be different than us. I mean, not in that kind of way, it’s just that you’re so lanky & don’t really look like a typical athlete from Omerica, not that you’re any different from an Omerican, of course.” Von began to turn away. “Wait! I’m sorry; sometimes I don’t say what I mean, I mean, I mean what I say, but I don’t really mean it, I mean, I misspeak. I’ll make it up to you, though; I want to be of some help. What are you looking for?”

“I’m looking for where Qusmo defeated Omerica for the fourth time in succession, marking the point at which -”

“Oh, really? I didn’t realize we had played each other that many times before. That’s interesting. Anyways, the only match I remember between Qusmo & Omerica wasn’t here; it was in Londonderry, at Londonderry Court. I’m very sorry.”

“Are you sure that’s where to go? This is such a magnificent stadium, & it’s in the capital city, & it was where Qusmo last played -”

“No, I’m sorry, but I remember that Qusmo played Omerica in Londonderry. It was a friendly, to help Omerica prepare for the World Cup 82 Qualifiers. Which, I guess, was probably the point for Qusmo, too. I certainly know we haven’t played Qusmo during World Cup Qualifiers; we haven’t played Qusmo any time since. If Qusmo really has beaten Omerica four times - oh, well, I’m sure they have, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to imply they didn’t, I’m sorry, well, what I meant to say was, the fourth time Qusmo has beaten Omerica, sorry, was at Londonderry Court. Maybe you should look there. I mean, only if you want to, of course; I don’t want to impose or order you or tell you what to do or anything; I’m sorry.”

Von took a moment to think about this. “So, I should go to Londonderry Court, in Londonderry?”

“Well, yes, but, no, I mean, only if you want to, of course, so it’s up to you.”

“Alright. Thank you; I appreciate your help.”

“Oh, well, thank you, I mean, of course, I mean, not of course, it’s not obvious, some people might not be so nice, I mean, not to say that I’m nicer than anyone else, I mean, it’s no problem for me, I mean, maybe not, but it’s nothing you need to worry about it, I mean, you’re welcome.”

They had been released from their internship at Fuzpon Qusma, but they needed that job. If they didn’t get the boost of working for Fuzpon Qusma - Von shuddered & put it out of their mind. They looked back up & saw the building staring back at them.

“Londonderry Court.” Von began walking, still confidently, towards the stadium. “This is where I’ll find the United Republican Soccer Federation. This is where I’ll set everything -”

“Yo! What’s happening, bruv?” yelled someone who looked to be a teenager, who skidding to a stop on their skateboard.

“I’m a representative from Fuzpon Qusma - well, not exactly a representative - I was fired, you see - well,”

“Cool story, bruv. What brings you out here to Londonderry? You looking for the URSF?”

“Why, yes, as a matter of fact, I -”

“Cool, but this ain’t it, bruv. You gotta go all the way to Philibiscostal to meet those guys.”

“Are you sure? I was just in Philibis-”

“Listen, bruv, I ain’t got all day. You want to meet the URSF, you go to Philibiscostal, & you look for the Crown Jewel. You got that?”

“Yes. Thank you; I appreciate your help.”

“Cool. Later, bruv.”

They had been released from their internship at Fuzpon Qusma, but they needed that job. If it they weren’t able to work for Fuzpon Qusma as part of a real job in the future - Von shuddered & put it out of their mind. They looked back up & saw the building staring back at them.

“The Arena la Rouge.” Von began walking, confidently, towards the stadium. “This is where I’ll find the United Republican Soccer Federation. This is where I’ll set everything - Wait a moment. This is the same building I visited when I first started my search. That kid told me to visit the Crown Jewel, not the Arena la Rouge.”

“Why, hello, there!” It was the same burly bystander who had led them away from Philibiscostal in the first place, this time trapping Von in a big bear hug. “How’ve you been?”

“Not well, actually,” Von responded, tersely.

“What?” they broke the hug & looked straight into Von’s eyes. “Ever’s the matter?”

“I have been to Philibiscostal. I have been to Port-des-Saints. I have been to Londonderry. & now I have returned to Philibiscostal.”

“Say that’s bad? Lovely cities, all of them. Hope you had a great time while you were visiting.”

“I am not here to sightsee.”

“Here to share some stories over a pint?”

“I am here to do no such thing. I am in Philibiscostal - & I have been in Londonderry before that, & Port-des-Saints before that, & Philibiscostal for my first time before that - on purely business matters.”

“That what it was? Forget sometimes; mind telling me again?”

“Are you sure? This is where Qusmo - I’m a representative from Fuzpon Qusma - well, not exactly a representative - I was fired, you see - well, not fired - really, I -”

“Working for the soccer association, & looking for soccer stadiums; didn’t you find what you’re looking for?”

“No, I did not; that is why I am here now.”

“See the RS Amphitheatre?”

“I did.”

“See Londonderry Court?”

“I did.”

“& clearly seen the Crown Jewel, of course.”

“Excuse me?”

“Crown Jewel: most famous stadium in all of Omerica. Temple of Omerican soccer.”

“That is precisely the stadium I am looking for now. Do you know where I could find it?”

“Course, just the same as any Omerican.”

“So where is it?”

“Standing right in front of you.”

Von looked at this burly stranger incredulously. “But this is the Arena la Rouge.”

The burly stranger guffawed. “Don’t know? All your connections in that soccer association of yours? Don’t know that the Crown Jewel is just another name for the Arena la Rouge?”

Von stared, slackjawed. “You are kidding, right?”

“Course not. Never do that to a pal. Not if they aren’t having a glass with me.”

“Alright. So this is the famous Crown Jewel I have heard about?”

“Course it is.”

“& it’s Omerica’s national stadium?”

“Close to it as we have, I’d figure.”

“For football?”

“No, not for football; just soccer.”

Von narrowed their eyes at this stranger. “Are you entirely, completely sure?”

“Wouldn’t I be?”

“So this is where I should go for a meeting with the United Republican Soccer Federation?”

“Oh, course not!”

“Excuse me?”

“No! The URSF offices are near here, but they aren’t actually in the stadium. National team has its own place.”

“Why didn’t you say that before?”

“Should’ve said something, like, ‘This is where I’ll find the United Republican Soccer Federation.’ Gotta be clearer, lad; it’s alright, just a miscommunication.”

“Just a miscommunication? Do you realize how much I’ve been through already? How much I’ve had to put up with?”

“Sounds too bad. Got the right place now, though.”

Von sighed. “I certainly hope that I do. How do I get from here to the URSF offices?”

“Have to go to the Federal House of Football. Here, in town; can’t miss it. Can help you get there, if you’d like.”

“No, thank you; I appreciate your help.”

“Suit yourself. Hope you find what you’re looking for - & feel free to swing by my pub once you have!”

Hello! It's nice to see you again.
Qusma projects include: uni·q · Free Qusmo · Original Qusma newswire
Puppets: Sanford · Space Laser Dinosaur Robot Pirate Land · Xuois · The Heraion · UNI-Q
Feel free to newgen Qusmi'y for your leagues with this Qusma name generator, which generates fifty new Qusma names upon each page refresh.
Support: Good things
Against: Bad things
Neutral: Other things
"what the fuck qusmo"

Valladares
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Valladares » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:16 pm

Altrad Hotel, Carloburgo
8:00 PM

After three long and controversial debates, the Bill of Secession was finally passed by the Mountbatten State Assembly with an overwhelming 23-8 majority in another major success for the Hispanic deputies, who could now push their project to the consideration of the National Assembly in Metropolis and then, if successful there, to royal sanction. Meanwhile, the Liberal and Labour deputies, having been forced to concede yet another defeat in their goal of stopping the breakup of the state, decided to organize a meeting at a central hotel in Carloburgo to discuss the steps to be taken now that the Bill was inevitably heading to Metropolis for further discussion in the federal sphere. Former Liberal Governor William Davies started the discussion with his coalition right after the dinner.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, this is definitely a dark day for our state. We tried to prevent those lunatics from tearing Mountbatten to pieces but sadly we've failed once again. First it was the referendum, in which albeit we were able to put some fight, they capitalized on their electoral momentum to win the vote. And then, at the State Assembly, despite giving them strong arguments against the secession and even taking some extreme measures such as boycotting one session, the Bill passed with a landslide vote. It has already become clear that our strategy has been a failure in every field, and now that they're heading with their project to the capital which is an arena beyond our control, we need to think of something to put an end to their crazy plan. The floor is open for your opinions."

A Labour deputy proceeded to give his opinion on the matter:

"Well Mr. Davies, I can say they were helped quite a lot by the circumstances: our biggest mistake was that our campaign during the referendum was really weak in the east, which was the place we should have attacked as it was the stronghold for the secessionists. We should have focused our efforts in convincing the Spanish-speaking populace that turned their backs on us in the last election that secession was not the answer to their problems instead of trying to secure voters in the west that weren't really moving away from us. For example, Los Chorros and the Greater Metropolis area have nearly two million people able to vote, and those votes were for the most part lost to the Hispanics who didn't have to do much work to make them vote for the "yes". And the referendum did nothing but to spark polarization, as you all could see after the results. Cities such as Columbus, which are nearly 50-50 split by language were effectively divided as the entire population decided to pick sides, which led to the city being paralyzed as both sides chose to organize their demonstrations on the same day. In that context, the secessionists made good use of their newly acquired machinery in order to spread lies against the unionists, which worked greatly for them. We needed our campaign to be aggressive, given that we would have few chances to sink the bill in the State Assembly, and it wasn't, and you saw what eventually happened. So that's what failed for us here."

Another Liberal deputy also gave his two cents on the matter:

"Also, it doesn't help that the Conservatives are always thinking of new ways to fuck us up. Their alliance with the secessionists was not surprising at all, and the most likely thing is that their PMs in Metropolis will side with the Bill. And if you're wondering about the Catholics, allow me to remind you all that they're no more but the Tory bootlickers. If the Tories tell them to jump, they jump, if they tell them to slap each other, they do slap each other...and if they tell them to vote against us despite them not really liking the Hispanics' project, they'll vote against us! There was no way for us to win under those conditions."

Davies listened carefully to all the input from his fellow deputies on the topic of the coalition's failure to put an end to the secession aspirations of the Hispanics. The veteran politician took a sip of water from his glass and delivered his conclusions to the audience.

Okay. The conclusion here is that this is not a regional issue anymore. This battle is now moving to the State Assembly, which by the way, is the only body that can join and divide states as it pleases. And if it dislikes a project to divide a certain state, it will speedily shot it down. So that is our ace in the sleeve...we have to convince the National Assembly to veto the Hispanics' initiative, or at least manage to create significant opposition among its members so that bill crashes and burns in the voting. I've already talked with several Liberal and Labour MPs for Mountbatten and they've expressed support to our crusade and will spread the word to their fellow MPs in other states. We've also have to capitalize on the fact that the Hispanics are nothing more but a regional party and will not have many friends at the beginning. There's still a chance for us to win this fight, and it's a big one!"

"Mr. Davies, remember to watch out for the Tories. They're majority there and will do anything to ruin our plans, that's for sure."

"Do not worry, Matthews. Our friends in Metropolis surely know how to deal with them..."
THE UNITED KINGDOM OF VALLADARES
Map of Valladares | Valladares on NSwiki | Valladares Embassy Program
Champions: I Coupe Pomme D'Or, Copa Rushmori 26, Copa Rushmori 29, Di Bradini Cup 48
Runners-Up: World Cup 75, Cup of Harmony 49, Copa Rushmori 25, Copa Rushmori 27, IBC 10
Third Place: Copa Rushmori 18, Volleyball World Expo 9
Fourth Place: World Cup 67, Copa Rushmori 32, IBC 8, IBC 9, IBC 12
<Zwangzug> And the Alligators already have a Ph.D. at making enemies: <- oh, man, speaking of making expressions up, this is fantastic :D

Sajnur
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2018

Postby Sajnur » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:47 pm

Sajnur 4 - 3 Mytanija

The Mytanija national football team were greeted to a display of flares, aggressive banners, and chanting when they arrived at the Queen Haqla Stadium in a similar manner to the display given to Saltstead, and the visitors were put to the sword as Sajnur defeated them 4-3 in Roskjepa. The very notion of defence seemed to be in question as Sajnur recorded 26 shots at goal, of which 18 were on target, and Mytanija had 21 shots with 9 on target, but Piotr Laghiev and Pedja Kasun both made sure the scoreline didn't venture into completely farcical territory.

Despite what the scoreline would eventually look like, there were no goals in the first half hour of play, albeit not for want of trying. Laghiev had to save a Nebojsa Aleksic bullet and then collect the ball before Jezdimir Ocokoljic could rebound it early on and also had to keep out a handful of long shots from Jasno Odonolec and Tahir Fejzuli, all while witnessing several attempts go just over his head and the crossbar, while Andre Naulo had many shots saved by Kasun, who also kept out two Jessica Siafik free kicks and a Tomasi Vuierev header from a corner. Dario Tule was also brought down in the penalty box by Kasun, but the challenge was ruled fair by the referee. Siafik's free kicks resulted from challenges by Niksa Obadko and Petr Isaev, who both received yellow cards for their transgressions.

The first goal finally came in the 34th minute when Dario Tule gapped Srdan Vukovic down the wing and sliced the ball from the edge of the penalty box between Kasun, who was advancing toward Naulo at the penalty box expextong a cross, and the near post to open the scoring. Sajnur quickly made it 2-0 three minutes later when Taulant Haji also gapped Vukovic, this time actually crossing to Naulo. Kasun could only watch as the cross sailed above him out of his reach and Naulo headed home. The half ended in an unusual fashion when Odonelec prepared to launch to goal from 25 yards, but as the ball left his feet Jessica Siafik blocked the shot essentially by stomping on the ball, popping it in the process. As 45 minutes had already elapsed, the referee found it a perfect opportunity to blow for half time, and Sajnur took a 2-0 lead into the break.

The second half saw Mytanija improve considerably, and they scored their first goal in the 51st minute as David Kiral brought down Odonelec just outside the box, and Fejzuli curled the free kick into the top corner. Kiral received a yellow card for his challenge, meaning he is suspended for the Cosumar game. The Mytanars then equalised in the 57th minute with an Aleksic goal that capped off a long passing sequence around the penalty box, and then took the lead in the 62nd minute as Ocokoljic found space to receive a Fejzuli pass and shoot into the far corner. Sajnur would pepper the Mytanar defence and Pedja Kasun for the rest of the game, but they would not find their way through until the 85th minute when Petr Isaev tackled Naulo from behind in the penalty box, injuring him in the process. Isaev was sent off and Naulo was substituted for Basuli Maktar. Maktar would put away the penalty to draw the scores level again. Sajnur's victory was not taken until the 95th minute, though, when Grigor Todorov brought down Siafik from just outside the box and was shown a yellow card. Siafik, fortunately, was not injured, and she dipped the free kick over the wall and into the lower corner out of reach of Kasun to make it 4-3 in the last play of the game.

The result sees Sajnur get within a point of Saltstead after the Stallions lost to Cosumar at home, but our footballers' next match is at the Azure Dragons' home ground, the Crowley Memorial Stadium, where 100,000 Cosumarites will be cheering the top seeds to secure qualification and avenge the loss at the National Stadium. Mytanija, meanwhile, drop two places to 8th and host Kavagrad at Novi Kaunostadion in Thessia where Mytanija will fight to keep their hopes of qualification alive.

Geektopia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

New Players, Part 2

Postby Geektopia » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:54 pm

Hations, Fround
16.5k per week
7.7k after tax
Expires: 30/6/2022
Value: 210k
Weight: 80kg
Height: 190 cm
Footed: Right
STRIKER, CENTRE (Attacking Midfielder, Center)

Attributes
Technical (out of 20)
Corners: 11
Crossing: 12
Dribbling: 16
Finishing: 17
First Touch: 14
Free Kick Taking: 10
Heading: 15
Long Shots: 14
Long Throws: 4
Marking: 5
Passing: 11
Penalty Taking: 8
Tackling: 6
Technique: 11
Overall: 154/280

Mental (out of 20)
Aggression: 12
Anticipation: 19
Bravery: 11
Composure: 17
Concentration: 14
Decisions: 20
Determination: 19
Flair: 11
Leadership: 14
Off the Ball: 20
Positioning: 3
Teamwork: 15
Vision: 16
Work Rate: 18
Overall: 209/280

Physical (out of 20)
Acceleration: 16
Agility: 17
Balance: 17
Jumping Reach: 14
Natural Fitness: 15
Pace: 16
Stamina: 18
Strength: 15
Goalkeeper Rating: 4
Overall: 132/180

Ranked: 495/740
------------------------------
FACTBOOKS
Kings: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1198022
Language: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1288251
Rugby: Rugby Sevens Bowl (2nd), Rugby World Cup 28 (R16)
Assoc. Football: CoH 77 (2nd), Di Bradini Cup 48 (Ro16), World Cup 86 (Qualifying), CoH 78 (Group Stage), World Cup 87 (Ro16), World Cup 88 (Qualifying), Di Bradini Cup 50 (Group Stage), The National in Xanneria (1st), World Cup 89 (Qualifying), CoH 81 (Ro16), World Cup 90 (Qualifying), CoH 82 (Group Stage)
Lacrosse: World Championships 28 (Group Stage), World Championships 33 (Group Stage), World Championships 34 (Group Stage)
Kosovo is Kosovo and they play pretty good football to boot :)

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:26 pm

The evening air was brisk yet warm with the help of the warm waters of the Calania Sound, the city of Bystom the fifth largest port in the country glistened in the distance as tourists walked along the beach and looked out seeing the naval ships dock and sail past the city. A small gathering of warship enthusiast's looked out as the FSS Alfred C Calman had stopped, it was the flagship of the West Guianan navy, equipped with both laser guided missiles and more old fashioned 16 inch, 50 caliber guns, only four in total, but it gave the ship some extra punch. They were being given a show, as the ship was turning its large guns towards the city, however a few peopled started to back away as one person was quick to point out, the sounds coming from the ship were as if it was about to fire.

Suddenly it's horn gave three long blasts and the four guns opened fire, the crowd watched as the shells zipped over their heads and exploded with great furry in the naval port.

"What the hell!"
"Oh GOD CALL THE POLICE!"
"I hope everything is al right."
"Was it an accident?"

It was not an accident, as a couple minutes latter the guns re-aimed and fired again, and again and again. They fired six times in total, nearly a twenty minute barrage. The targets were precise, a cargo crane, that now sits in the water blocking the entry of the port, behind that the flaming refueling station for the naval ships. Other targets appear to be random, warehouses, a bridge over a small storm stream, and one shell hit on the outskirts of the city destroying a elementary school.

Overhead the panicked citizens can hear the roaring of jets from the nearby air force base roaming the skies to survey the damage and on stand by for further orders. Deeper in the city police have placed barricades around the city hall, however they show no signs of panic, not most of them anyways. Some police are leading others who have been handcuffed into transport buses, while a sparing few some reports indicate, were lead into the dark alleys and shots were fired.

***Presidential Palace****Gemsbrook, FD****

De'Cader woken from his sleep burst into the Security Room and bellowed, "Some one tell me what the hell is going on!" Pulling his night robe around him tighter he gazes over the TV screens and reports of the incidents in Baystom, "Some one, anyone. NOW!"

The door opens and Generals' Markus and Hilson and Admiral Johnson promptly walk in, followed by a member of the Premiers Guard holding a black briefcase, Hilson walks to De'Cader and after a quick salute begins to inform the Premier of the situation. "Sir, at twenty-one hundred hours, a mutiny aboard the FSS Alfred C. Calman by several dozen paramilitary members sized control of the ship and withing minutes began an assault on the Fort Baystom Naval base. The paramilitary members targeted four locations within the base and one outside to render the base inoperable. A cargo crane was toppled to prevent any naval ships to enter or leave the base. Within the city limits, members of the same paramilitary along with the local police have sized contorl of several city and state buildings. Reports from the city show that some members of the police who are loyal to your government have been shot execution style."

De'Cader listening to everything shook his head, not in disgust but in disbelief, he slowly walks over the window which looks over downtown Gemsbrook and slowly turns back and snaps at Markus and Johnson. "Both of you. BOTH OF YOU!" Angrily shoves some books and a ceramic teapot off a desk, which shatters all over the floor, "You both told me three days ago you knew nothing, you see nothing, and now this!"

Johnson stepped forward unfazed by De'Caders tantrum, which he was known for. "Sir, we both told you that we had high confidence that should a conflict begin, that it would be with a paramilitary group. However none of our reports showed that Haggord would suddenly resign, this Mark Niles, we have little surveillance reports of. It is unknown if he ordered this attack, however if so then..."

His words trail off as De'Cader looks at the black briefcase, "The briefcase? Dose the Calman have nukes on board?"

Johnson spoke solemnly, "Yes."

At this answer the blood drained out of De'Caders face, he turned white as a sheet he stumbled to his desk and sat down, "Do they know that? If so can we remote detonate?"

Markus finally spoke, "We can remote detonate, however for a safe denotation the ship must be at least four miles out in sea. Whether they know this, is more and less. If, I know if...should they not know this we might be able to steer them away from shore and detonate."

His face deep within his hands De'Cader mumbles at first then solemnly replies, "Drive them out to sea, and detonate, if not do it anyway. If they have disabled the remote detonation, then we may have no choice but to sink the ship ourselves."

The three military men stared at each other then clicked their heels and left with out any further word.
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:33 pm

Crisis on sight!
Natanians and Nosts basically collapses the cycle after its best one and Mihai Júlio plans retirement

After the expected,but still deeply felt,defeat to fellow Esportivans,Naephara,Natanians and Nosts begins to officially enter a crisis,when starter centre-back Mihai Júlio da Silva announces that most likely and most-lately (probably) too,he will retire from Natanians and Nosts' national football team.
One of the more experienced players in the country,he has obtained several Blue League titles and was a key figure in Natanians and Nosts' best campaigns.The problem does nto simply lie there,though,since good centre-backs,to not say them in general,have been in a lack of in Natanians and Nosts recently.The problem might seem weird since internally centre-backs are quite valoured compared to other places,but,at basis categories less kids have been chosing this position,specifically.
If you don't count Gheorghe Caius Fostar and Marcos Tarquínio Ivanov,who both are relatively old,there are only about five players really considered to be able to join the squad non-experimentally;and to the despair of his team,none are from there.Mihai Jpulio said that his dream of playing at a World Cup for Natanians and Nosts may not be completed,but he still hopes he will be able to see our country in one.He also said that he plans on playing for his club the next season still,regardless of his decision to retire.
The next match on our way will be against Dreamplanet,whom we expect to defeat,even if it probably will not happen!
Last edited by Natanians and Nosts on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!
Hosted:WLC 27

International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Proud Esportivan since November 2016[/align]

Mriin
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 17, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Mriin » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:05 pm

Here Be Dragons

[crab emoji] snip-off [crab emoji]

MD16 Cutoff for Groups 1-7
<Yuezhou> I am willfully ignoring the existence of boats

Oberour Ar Moro
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Oberour Ar Moro » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:29 pm

The Oberour Ar Moro national team walked off the field after losing to Audioslavia, the remote dream of World Cup 81 qualification officially over. Audioslavia and Eura were officially too far away in Group 2 to be caught. There was nothing left to play for in the qualification games except pride. But there were still things to strive for.

The first was to qualify for the Cup of Harmony. Oberour Ar Moro was the lowest ranked team in the world to be invited to Cup of Harmony 73. A strong performance through the rest of qualifying may earn them a trip to their second straight Cup.

Additionally, Kadvael Heault will be continuing his efforts to review Oberour players to find atop 11, hopefully to send to the Cup of Harmony and be competitive. With three more games to play, we can expect to see more fringe players on the pitch, as an ideal Cup roster may still be constructed.

Goalkeeper
No one has yet to dethrone Laurens Desainctvictori from the top goalkeeper position. Raphael Friquan is still probably the second goalkeeper. Sanson de Dreux did receive one start during qualifying, but could still find his national team spot threatened.

Defender
Oberour Ar Moro have allowed the most goals in their group, but Heault has stood by Gwion du Bourc-la-Reyne and Lunen Margas as his starters. Felix de Vouges l'Aisné has made a strong case for a place on the national team, while Pius A' l'Espee may go from flag to flag as the number two choice on the right.

Sweeper
Josselyn Pessiere has captained the national team in the ten games he started, and little could budge him. Marzhin Petit and Drev Brébeuf are competiting for the second starting spot, while the final back-up spot remains undetermined.

Midfielder
Brevalan Gaspard is ensconced at Right Midfielder, and Jerian Pellier was an inspired choice as Center Midfieler, but Left Midfieler is still unsettled.

Forwards
Kerrian Odierne, Eneour Pique-Pain and Ruran l'Ermite have made a formidible trio at the front of the Oberour offense. The great surprise is 21-year-old Taran Bele leaping to set his place as the striker of the future, over the highly-touted Nycollas Mauranghas.

Oberour Ar Moro 3-2 Rakivland
@ Parade Grounds, Regium

Goals
16': Drev Brébeuf, Oberour Ar Moro
26': Taran Bele, Oberour Ar Moro
50': Rakivland
57': Drev Brébeuf, Oberour Ar Moro
83': Rakivland

Oberour Starting XI
GK Raphael Friquan
LB Gilduin Sireu
RB Lunen Margas
SW Marzhin Petit
SW Drev Brébeuf
LM Guénael Frarin
RM Peterne de Courbueil
CM Pierres Branon
LW Jakou Chirot
RW Ruran l'Ermite
ST Taran Bele

Oberour Substitutes
45' Out: Pierres Branon; In: Louarn de Bois-Megre
71' Out: Lunen Margas; In: Riwal Pescheeur
83' Out: Drev Brébeuf; In: Benedig de Croiseus

TigerSharkistan 1-2 Oberour Ar Moro
@ TigerSharkistan

Goals
9': Eneour Pique-Pain, Oberour Ar Moro
26': Eneour Pique-Pain, Oberour Ar Moro
37': TigerSharkistan

Oberour Starting XI
GK Laurens Desainctvictori
LB Felix de Vouges l'Aisné
RB Lunen Margas
SW Marzhin Petit
SW Mordiern Emmancheeur
LM Roparzh Ricouart
RM Brevalan Gaspard
CM Jerian Pellier
LW Eneour Pique-Pain
RW Selyf Broderesse
ST Taran Bele

Oberour Substitutes
71' Out: Mordiern Emmancheeur; In: Deklan Charpentier
78' Out: Lunen Margas; In: Melar Anciaux
89' Out: Taran Bele; In: Benvenuto de Chypre

Oberour Ar Moro 1-4 Audioslavia
@ Parade Grounds, Regium

Goals
35‘: Kerrian Odierne, Oberour Ar Moro
48‘: Ciro Oljer, Audioslavia
53‘: Ciro Oljer, Audioslavia
60‘: Ilatxi Altzibararechuluago, Audioslavia
74‘: Rickson Marañón, Audioslavia

Oberour Starting XI
GK Laurens Desainctvictori
LB Gwion du Bourc-la-Reyne
RB Lunen Margas
SW Josselyn Pessiere
SW Drev Brébeuf
LM Morvan Saurine
RM Brevalan Gaspard
CM Jerian Pellier
LW Eneour Pique-Pain
RW Ruran l'Ermite
ST Kerrian Odierne

Oberour Substitutes
60' Out: Brevalan Gaspard; In: Peterne de Courbueil
78' Out: Drev Brébeuf; In: Annaneg Chaumeeur
78' Out: Eneour Pique-Pain; In: Jakou Chirot
_The Dominion of_Oberour Ar Moro_

Geektopia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Memes related to Geektopian bashing of Skarten

Postby Geektopia » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:57 pm

Sorted by Most Popular:

Nerdisle:

Nuudteplyr34:

East_Ham:
FACTBOOKS
Kings: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1198022
Language: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1288251
Rugby: Rugby Sevens Bowl (2nd), Rugby World Cup 28 (R16)
Assoc. Football: CoH 77 (2nd), Di Bradini Cup 48 (Ro16), World Cup 86 (Qualifying), CoH 78 (Group Stage), World Cup 87 (Ro16), World Cup 88 (Qualifying), Di Bradini Cup 50 (Group Stage), The National in Xanneria (1st), World Cup 89 (Qualifying), CoH 81 (Ro16), World Cup 90 (Qualifying), CoH 82 (Group Stage)
Lacrosse: World Championships 28 (Group Stage), World Championships 33 (Group Stage), World Championships 34 (Group Stage)
Kosovo is Kosovo and they play pretty good football to boot :)

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:18 pm

The LOM National Team is hanging on by the skin of their teeth

After some losses and wins, the national team seems to be in a pickle. They are effective,y going to have to win it all from here on out if they want to go all the way to the World Cup.

With that said, the team has improved immensely. They beat Eastfield Lodge for one thing, and have been performing at their A-Game, every game.

“It isn’t often that you get the opportunity and privilege to best your former host.” says Neil Berkeley, Maximusian Assistant coach. “But we got em. It was great, a great game, I will remember that one for a long time.

It has been reported that many Maximusian player, with the knowledge that their chances of World Cupdome are low, are still cherfull and upbeat.

“Who needs a silly trophy anyway?!” reportedly inquired striker, Luke Brokshire. “I don’t need a giant gold trophy to prove anything to myself. I am playing against some of the greates players in the universe. What more can I ask for.”

It is also said that the team hasn’t ruled out the World Cup all together.

“We still have a chance!” told Head coach Vincent Alfonsi to the Litudinem Herald earlier this week. “Until we are out, we aren’t out! Let’s keep going as long as we can.”
The Republic of Libertas Omnium Maximus
(Representative Democracy; Established 1837)
The Litudinem Herald|NationStates Resume|Libertas Omnium Maximus Wiki

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:43 pm

© Sporting Times Daily 2025
Who's on the horizon in WC future?
by Mindy Cartwright, National Soccer Writer

Baker Park burst onto the scene in multiverse soccer with an inspired run to the final of BoF 67, followed by a shock qualification for World Cup 80.

Unless you happen to be a obsessive multiverse soccer aficionado, you probably don't really know much about national teams from other countries other than the big names and the odd rival of our own team (do we really have rivals? a topic for another day).

Let's take a brief look at some of the other groups and find their standout overachiever of this cycle. Really the only objective qualification is they have to be fairly new to the scene and outside of the Top 100 in the KPB, although a few honorable mentions might be more familiar to some.

Group 1--Grod Island (KPB rank: 235) Currently sitting sixth in the table of a very tough bunch of customers (Brenecia, Banija, Eshan), they have only a -2 goal difference and 18 points, probably a better effort than they expected.
Group 3--Brusseldorf (Unranked) In the best position of any of the bottom seeds, they punched well above their weight and served notice that they will be a team to be reckoned with
(honorable mention--Libertas Omnium Maximus (206) another nation on the rise)
Group 4--Libera Populum (298) OK, they sit 8th in the table. But, they have played to a draw in 10 of their first 16 matches and allowed only 17 goals (they only scored 17, btw).
(honorable mention--Joshenia (142) Also have a 0 goal diff and have been a factor in the group)
Group 5--Bongo Johnson (159) Have set the pace in the group for much of the campaign. At press time, still a better than 50% chance they will be in Valanora or Apox.
(honorable mention--Spokane (unranked) would've been the choice if not for the leaders. Have only allowed 13 goals and have 8 draws. currently 6th in the table)
Group 7--Gutulia (295) Another side holding down 6th place and far behind the leaders, but played 9 draws and frustrated some hopefuls.
Group 8--Baranil (273) will need a miracle to advance to the Finals, but have stayed in the thick of the fight.
Group 9--Walenstein (223) In Baker Park's own group, if you take away the 2 wins by BP, they would have a goal difference of +1
Group 11--Sajnur (315) Another one on the list who have a net 0 goal diff and still are alive for a spot in the top 2 of the group.
Group 15--Lisander (134) Not really a new face, but are chasing the Ponies from Equestria to the finish line with the group's stingiest defense.

So there you have one observer's opinion on who to be on the lookout for. Hope you leared something new.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Omerica
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Omerica » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:18 pm

OOC: Of course, a not insignificant part is courtesy of the lovely Qusmo. <3

Federal House of Football, Port-Alexandre, Philibiscostal
26 March

Ordre. Order. Sur la question du licenciement de Mme Anne-Sophie Groothuis.

The lilt of Casimir’s impeccable code-switching was music to the ears of the hall. The vote had finally been forced after Metropolitan Football Association delegates signed on to the petition. The press had deemed the motion dead on arrival, due in no small part to the Metropolitan delegates stating that their explicit aim was to see the motion of no confidence voted down.

“On the question of terminating Ms Anne-Sophie Groothuis, ceux qui sont en faveur sont cinquante.

Gasps immediately permeated the room as the President continued: “Those in favour are fifty. Ceux qui sont contre sont huitante six. Those against are eighty-six. La question est vaincue. The question is defeated.”

As the shuttering of cameras slowed and the crowd settled, the President returned to his job of presiding over the Congress. “The chair recognises Mr Kokaris of the Seafoam Islands.”

As the delegate began preaching on and on about democracy, unity and other such nonsense, Casimir couldn’t help but stare out the window at the opposite end of the hall, overlooking the Crown Jewel of Philibiscostal. But this time, there was something there, practically staring him in the face. Nay, someone. Someone foreign.

No, it couldn’t have been. Lucky for Casimir, the delegate had finally finished his speech and given way. “Le président reconnaît Mme Achterkamp de la Nouvelle-Flandre-Orientale.

Arena la Rouge, Port-Alexandre, Philibiscostal
The same day

Typical win. United had to take that one.

Mike’s train of thought was only broken by the one passerby who looked totally out of place among the backdrop of typical Omerican blokes, a major achievement one had to admit.

The foreign guy—or girl, Mike wasn’t too sure—started walking in Mike’s direction, muttering to himself. Or herself. All that mattered was that Mike had no clue why this stranger was here. “Why, hello, there!” he blurted almost reflexively. “How are you?”

“I’m quite well,” the strange person(?) replied, “thank you.”

“Say — don’t seem to be from around here,” pointing out the obvious as was Mike’s specialty. “You a visitor, mind my asking?”

“I’m actually from Qusmo. I’m a representative from Fuzpon Qusma — well,”

He’d heard something about the Qusmi’y being strange, but he didn’t quite remember what it was about them. “Qusmo, eh? And Fuzpon Qusma your soccer organisation, I’m guessing, from your being at the Arena la Rouge?” Mike had no clue whether that was true, but it was worth a guess.

“Yes, in fact, I —”

“Well, mighty glad to have you here in Philibiscostal, mate,” he gleamed, absolutely over himself that his stab in the dark was actually correct this time. “Recommend, though, you see the RS Amphitheatre. In Port-des-Saints, got a great atmosphere, lovely place. Where Omerica first hosted Qusmo. Consider myself a bit of a footballing historian, so I know my stuff. Should really check that out. Meantime, though, I own a pub over on the corner; can have a drink with us while you’re here, if you like.”

“Oh, no; I’m here to work,” the guy/girl replied, almost as if “not drink.”

Mike shrugged it off. “Suit yourself. Cheers!”

“Wait a moment!” the stranger said as Mike started to walk away. “The national team plays at the RS Amphitheatre, in the capital?”

“Course! Great place,” Mike responded.

“Well, thank you; I appreciate your help.”

“No problem, mate! Swing by sometime; love to share a drink with you when you’re off the clock!”

Lovely chap that was.

The Griff-Inn, Port-Alexandre, Philibiscostal
The same day

One of the suits, eh?

“One beer, please,” the gentleman spake. “Your choice.”

Mike grabbed the nearest clean glass and began pouring the besuited man his beverage. “Long day, I presume.”

“Listening to a lot of boring people speak? Yeah, it definitely was a long day.”

“Been in those kinds of meeting before,” Mike replied as he handed the strangely familiar man his beer, mentally shuddering at the thought of those mind-numbing functions his ex-wife had dragged him along to. “Never fun. All those high and mighty people feeling smug and self-righteous.”

Casimir chuckled. “Well, I will neither confirm nor deny whether you’re right.”

“You’re under no obligation.”

Both men laughed as the President started to take a sip of his beer.

“Yeah, well in the middle of it all,” Casimir stated as the first drops left his mouth for his stomach, “I swore I saw a weird person over at the Crown Jewel.”

“Crown Jewel?” Mike asked incredulously. “Was over there myself earlier talking to someone foreign. From Qusmo, was it?”

At the sound of the word, Casimir fought the tide of alcohol racing back up his food pipe.

“Hold up, did you say ‘Qusmo’?”

“Indeed.”

“So you’re saying that’s who I saw?”

“I don’t know,” Mike guessed, the gears turning in his head as he tried to piece together what his customer was getting at.

“Well this has been a day and half, then.”

“Hey, could be worse,” the barkeep ribbed. “Could always be dead.”

“What did you two talk about?”

“Nothing much, just welcoming the guy to the Metropolis. Telling him all about the capital.” Mike paused for a moment. “Or her, I’m not quite sure.”

“That’s how you know they’re Qusmi,” Casimir answered in the middle of swigging the pint down.

“Oh, yeah. Don’t really pay much attention to that. Lot of other things going on here at home to think about.”

“Like the old saying goes,” Casimir began.

“Always a vote in Omerica,” the pair said in unison before laughing yet again.

“Of course, Mr President,” Mike declared.

Beer poured all over the counter from Casimir’s mouth. Without a second thought, he queried the barkeep. “How did you know who I am?”

“Consider myself a bit of football historian.”
Last edited by Omerica on Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TLA: OME, HUClavia
iTLD: .or
Demonym: Rubbish Omerican
Every Omerica football match
This nation does not necessarily reflect my actual political views
Discontinue use if rash develops
Don’t ⬋ play ⬋ with ⬋ fire
Omerica – 27/09/2017
Any further and our feet will probably be in our stomachs
Kanoria - 27/09/2017
I for one love the reflux uniquely generated by self-gluttony of limbs, where the flesh meets the acid
This space intentionally left
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕
CONCORDIA VNIVERSALIS
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:06 pm

Hearts of Vice

Chapter 8: Seaside Rendezvous

Most people tend to forget that we aren't known for our forests. We have beaches as well. In a certain sector which I can't remember, there was this nice boardwalk that everyone went to for a vacation or two. That was where our next venue would be, since they were having a performance where one musician does one song to the crowds. Brenda drove the bus for us, as we past by several checkpoints all the way to the broadwalk. "Jeez, there are a lot of security checkpoints here. Isn't that a bit bad for traffic?" Charlie asked, who was in the back of the bus, as a soldier would occasionally enter the bus to make sure the band wasn't hiding anything suspicious. "As long as they are keeping people safe and aren't harassing us directly, then we are fine." I said to Charlie, trying to not make her nervous.

We eventually arrived, where we got out of the bus and stepped out into the parking lot. There is it. The seaside boardwalk. Even though the Leader left his mark on the place, it was still one of the most peaceful places in the nation, even though the cameras there were watching your every move. As we were carrying the stuff to the stage that was set up around where the arcade was, the venue organizer came up to me to make sure it was us.

"Jessica Madden? Is that you and your posse that you have as a band?" the organizer said, scratching his beard as he checked the list of names on his clipboard. "Hell yeah! Where's the hotel you're renting for us? We can't just lift this shit by ourselves!" Jessica said, as she had to carry a box of portable speakers to put on the stage. "Leave your stuff here. The soldiers will make sure nothing is stolen." he said, where Jessica had the band drop their stuff near the stage. "Also, be careful with the journalists here. Their news stories have started to get a little similar, so they trying to spread things out, you know what I mean? Some are a bit gossip-hungry, even though it will get them killed." the organizer warned Jessica.

"This is it. A mini summer vacation in the middle of spring out of all places!" Jessica declared to her band, as she looked over the railing that overlooked the ocean nearby. "Hey, Jessica? How's the beach here? While we were driving, my roommate Alistair wanted to do a little fishing here." Charlie asked Jessica. "Ahhh go ahead! Make sure he doesn't get too involved, because we need to do some practice before tonight happened." Jessica said, being in a state of mania. "Hey Jess?" Gerald appeared behind her. "Yeah, Gerald?"
"You think we should just head to the hotel? The journalists could be having a bit of a field day, as he said."
"Jesus, Gerald! They aren't going to be busy here! Isn't there more important things that they are doing right now?!" Jessica declared.

Somewhere in the distance, as a man with a camera was checking out the shooting range nearby, he saw Jessica being a bit of the center of attention unintentionally where he noticed that she was practically the first one here. Being a journalist for the Truth News and getting a bit of an order to start forming "memetic" warfare as the Leader would say, the journalist got out his phone to text another that a celebrity was at the boardwalk. Along with seeing a new face near her.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Brusseldorf
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014

Postby Brusseldorf » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:35 pm

Last night Brusseldorf went down in a 4-3 goalfest as Santa Regada demonstrated what could have been.

The goals were traded throughout the night, neither side able to leverage more than a one-goal advantage. Santa Regada closed the game with a diving header off of Gerard Monreal in the 93rd minute, courtesy of a low corner kick from Franco Hernández. The loss marks a potentially fatal step if Brusseldorf wants to finish the qualifiers in 3rd place. The Locale spoke with Manager Craig Foster for his input:

“I’m disappointed but all credit to Las Águilas. They were very spirited and it paid off for them. When you’re at rock bottom like they were, the only way is up and I think they’ve held onto that, so good on them for getting the result. We are very evenly matched with Santa Regada, so it was a good demonstration of our skills. I know the las y los lads had a fun night out on the park, and the fan support really emphasised that. Like I said before the tournament, we wanted to play our own style of football and prove ourselves on the world stage. And it’s just been better than I ever could have expected. I think it was important that we lost that first match by so much, it really put us in our place but gave us something to work towards. We certainly can’t expect to win every match, and I think the fans know that.”

Ricard Scoilan was unable to prevent Christian Saavedra scoring 2 goals for Santa Regada

Team Doctor Juãca Ronaldinho has provided an update on Vance Dessler’s ankle injury. Fortunately for the Lisbon midfielder, he only suffered a minor sprain and reports suggest he should be match-fit for the final game on Matchday 18.

At this point in the qualifiers, Brusseldorf is no longer able to qualify for the World Cup finals, however Craig Foster is adamant that Los Alrededores won’t stop the pressure. “Qasden and The Holy Empire have powered ahead, so we won’t be going to Apox and Valanora, but the fun doesn’t end here. At this point we get the opportunity to really just go for it, and show off our style of football. We have done so tremendously throughout the qualifiers, but this is our last chance, so I know the team are going to be at their best.”

With Quakmybush away tonight and the final game at home against a Qasden that is heading to the World Cup, Los Alrededores will be putting in one last-ditch effort to rack up the goals. The possibility of beating Qasden is exciting to at least one Los Alrededores player. “It would be nice just to tap them on the shoulder just as they walk out the door you know, let them know what’s coming in the future” said a particularly jovial Antony Providence.

If possible, may I please change my style modifier to +5 for the last two frames? Thanks in advance
Last edited by Brusseldorf on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morocco-Algeria ~ Democracy ~ Prime Minister Abelt Nejem ~ Spends on Defence, Information-Technology, Protecting the Environment, and Spirituality
The largest military in the region
Of course I use NS Stats, what do you think I’m doing here?!
Etymology: Brussels + Dusseldorf = Brusseldorf!

The Pacifican Islands said: all transit is green if there is no transit
taps head
The Grand Empire of Andor said: You can’t pollute the planet if there is no planet
Hits head with hammer

Quelsh said: "COOL FLAG BRUZELDERF"
Tattland said: "Did I just accidentally attack Quelsh"
The Garmillas Empire was an intergalactic Empire. A remnant group of the Garmillan people crashed on earth, where they were given refuge by Brusseldorf.

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:28 am

Here Be Dragons

Even if results are not going your way carry on wayward son!

MD16 cutoff for Groups 8-15
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:35 am

Grod Island 0 - 3 Brenecia
(4-1-4-1) 20 - Farrell; 18 - Weaver (2 - Marquess 77'), 5 - Horgan, 22 - Varney, 3 - Levein; 4 - Staunton (23 - Redweald 69'); 15 - Garrard, 21 - Considine (14 - Locke 59'), 8 - Matheson, 16 - Corvey; 10 - Ciogach
Goals: Garrard 4', Ciogach 21', Matheson 34'

Brenecia 5 - 2 New Peru
(4-1-4-1) 1 - Bruin; 2 - Marquess, 5 - Horgan (19 - Ramsay 71'), 6 - Grayndler, 3 - Levein; 23 - Redweald; 7 - Cheney, 14 - Locke, 13 - Hartsdown, 11 - Fletcher (16 - Corvey 80'); 17 - Bremner (9 - Strider 71')
Goals: Hartsdown 3', Locke 9', Bremner 44', Fletcher 67', Cheney 87'

THE ROZELLE OBSERVER
Brenecia to buy out Treaty of Westpike forts
Lilith Woods

After a two-day summit that saw the visit of Nepharim Vice-Margravine Sherry Garnett, the issue of the Nepharim forts had been resolved; Brenecia will buy them back.

Prime Minister Ward has declared the result a 'great victory' for Brenecian sovereignty, which "has always been undermined by the presence of a foreign power's army on our land," she bullishly told the press in the immediate aftermath. "For the first time, Brenecia truly stands alone on these shores, and with her two feet takes possession."

Obscure mythological allusions aside, Ward made it clear that she considered this a hard-won win due directly to her own leadership and direct approach to Nephara. For the Vice-Margravine's part, she had her own reference to make, describing the talks as "cutting the Gordian Knot".

"For so long, the discourse between our nations has been poisoned by empty posturing. The people deserved resolution. I came offering it, and your government agreed to the only reasonable course of action. Everyone wins," she told the press in a short statement before leaving for Fort Sutton.

As part of the Treaty of Westpike that formally granted Brenecia its independence after a brief but fiery insurrection, Nephara retained a network of three forts and five military camps across Brenecia, nominally to help defend Brenecia's shores as well as act as a striking point into Esportiva. They were used heavily during the Corvidae War, where Brenecia remained nominally neutral.

Though they have largely been uncontroversial, Ward has consistently called for Nephara to pull out as she worked to reform the Brenecian military and strengthen the police to ensure that the lawlessness of the Laidlaw government is never allowed to repeat again.

Laidlaw is indeed thought to have asked Nephara for aid at one point late in his administration, and been rejected. After that moment, it has been practically inevitable that the Nepharim military presence, seemingly unwanted by both sides, would be removed as soon as an acceptable compromise could be reached.

Nominally, the process will still require the permission of the Nepharim and Brenecian governments, but as the centrist Coalition has comfortable control in Nephara and the Conservatives do here, this is unlikely to prove a major stumbling block. The withdrawal is slated to take place over the next three months, after which time Brenecia will be free of Nepharim boots on the ground for the first time in centuries.

BRENECIAN NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION - FORTNIGHT 9
Goalkeepers:
1 - Rostyn Calhoun (Wexax United, VAL), 12 - Lenore Drummond (Rozelle), 20 - Cass Farrell (Northern Union)
Defenders: 2 - Keziah Broxham (Mallox, COS), 3 - Gethin Quill (Revolutionaries, EUR), 5 - Cheney Heneghan (Carsby, EUR), 6 - Niko Szubanski (1830 Cathair, AUD, c), 18 - Erica Weaver (North Hall), 19 - Morwen Prentice (Crystal Fair HC, CRY), 22 - Garwyn Varney (Soldarian FC, VAL)
Midfielders: 4 - Roisin Staunton (Kingsgrove), 7 - Brae Crowther (Chenoworth Harriers, NPH), 8 - Elysse Matheson (Hornchurch, EUR), 11 - Cathal Keynes (Lajuno, EUR), 13 - Corby Wheeler (Goldstaff City, COS), 14 - Claire Ruskin (Kingsgrove), 15 - Cu Roi Garrard (Rene Skae, FFD), 16 - Tiferet Ashbrown (Rozelle), 21 - Falcon Case (Barbury Town, APX), 23 - Catsidhe Alweather (Eastal Lunar, VIL)
Forwards: 9 - Griffin Riordan (Klyde, COS), 10 - Kara Ciogach (Southern Star), 17 - Niall Bremner (Unioneers, EUR)

SCHEDULE
Alenburg 1 - 2 Brenecia
Brenecia 3
- 2 Xanneria
Porabasta 0 - 4 Brenecia
Brenecia 2 - 2 Banija
Eshan 2 - 3 Brenecia
Brenecia 2
- 1 Grod Island
New Peru 2 - 6 Brenecia
Geisenfried 1 - 2 Brenecia
Brenecia 0 - 1 Huelavia
Brenecia 5
- 0 Alenburg
Xanneria 1 - 5 Brenecia
Brenecia 0 - 0 Porabasta
Banija 0 - 1 Brenecia
Brenecia 0 - 0 Eshan
Grod Island 0 - 3 Brenecia
Brenecia 5
- 2 New Peru
Brenecia vs. Geisenfried
Huelavia vs. Brenecia
Puppet of Nephara.

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:41 am

Nephara 2 - 0 Natanians and Nosts
(4-3-3) 12 - Mercator; 18 - Kielseng, 5 - Konoval (c), 6 - Steelhenge, 3 - Close (19 - Vicelich 83'); 15 - Rosenthal, 4 - Rowland (23 - Shone 61'), 21 - Moxham; 7 - Fanaiyan, 10 - Metzger, 11 - Strongbow (16 - Staunton 76')
Goals: Metzger 26', Moxham 56'
Tinhampton 0 - 3 Nephara
(4-3-3 / 4-4-2) 1 - Swoboda; 2 - Rafford (18 - Kielseng 82'), 5 - Konoval (c), 6 - Steelhenge, 3 - Close; 8 - Klein (15 - Rosenthal 75'), 4 - Rowland (23 - Shone 70'), 21 - Moxham; 7 - Fanaiyan, 9 - Hawke, 11 - Strongbow
Goals: Hawke 48', Klein 60', Fanaiyan 64'

Brigadier Rutger Schaepher had been through a lot in his 52 years. Nothing, however, compared to this. Politics.
Unlike many nations, Nephara had a long-standing tradition of meritocracy in its military. Of course, strings would always be pulled, but vigorous oversight and a culture that strongly discouraged any sign of nobility largely ensured that anyone with a rank had earned it. Schaepher, like the Brenecian Prime Minister, had seen combat in the Corvidae War, was on the ground on Felix, the first test of Nephara's wide-sweeping reforms and modernisation.
There were hitches, but they were not found wanting.
A plain-speaking, weathered man spat out from Stahlburg's steelworks, second of a family of five, Schaepher had arrived in the military looking for purpose as much as a paycheck. He'd been snapped up by the reforms and the drive for new recruits, part of the first modern catchment, and rose to corporal before a shot was fired in anger. When the shots were fired in anger, his steely nerve and willingness to fire shots back in anger made him a sergeant by the end of it all, news he discovered waking up in the hospital after a bullet shattered his cheek. That wound gave his face a flat, semi-collapsed quality that unnerved some people. That, he didn't mind at all.
In the rebuilding after Felix, and after his officer training, had come the test of Sameba, one he'd started as a captain and ended, at the very end, as brigadier. He wasn't regarded as any kind of prodigy, just a steady hand under pressure, as he always was.
Sameba had been a dirty affair, and a difficult place as a Nepharim officer - that sense at times that a Euran captain outranked a Nepharim colonel, the policy of keeping Nepharim units split up so no individual disaster could take out enough to lower morale back home, and that was even before the enemy was taken into account. Schaepher was well-liked and, better, well-respected because he didn't let anyone or anything get in the way of his orders. And, of course, because he was willing to get his hands dirty.
There was the small matter of a few field executions of Sameban political officers, ones who had spent their careers preying on the helpless. Schaepher had given them a blindfold, a last cigarette and a bullet through the stem, and swept away the paperwork concerning their existence. It wasn't a war crime - it was accepted procedure, clerkly performed.
He'd been among the first boots on the ground in Sameba, but he hadn't quite been last to leave. He'd helped to oversee and safeguard the new administration in Sameba, before receiving a sudden call to take his tour of duty east, to Brenecia. The incumbent captain there, fresh-faced, intelligent Prowse, had overseen a crisp operation and handed over the operation without complaint. She was still here now, a tidy administrator among the jaded veterans Schaepher had brought with him. It'd been her who had rushed into his office urgently, pale-faced, saying that one of the patrols had shot a Brenecian.
For everything he'd done in Felix and Sameba, this was his first international incident.

The results of the officially-not-a-summit had remained fairly tight, relatively unleaked, and despite Schaepher's anxious calls back to the mainland or to Rozelle, it didn't seem as though answers were forthcoming.
"You're the fucking ambassador, Jade," he was left to rail. "How the hell don't you know what's happening?"
"You know how Garnett operates-"
"No, as a matter of fact, I don't."
"Oh. Well. She keeps things close to her chest. I'm anxious about this too, you know? I've had to be ready to pack up and leave for the past few months now."
"My heart weeps for you," Schaepher said drily, and hung up.
There wasn't even so much as a call ahead. Prowse quietly let Schaepher know the summit was closing, and he figured that was as good as he was getting. At least, until his phone rang at half past nine, warning him that the Vice-Margravine was coming.
"Springing it on me as punishment, huh," he said, sourly.
"No comment," came the bland voice on the other end, then hung up.
The convoy wasn't long after that, a lot of stately, muscular dark green cars in a row. The guards called out, the gates opened, Schaepher shrugged into a couple more formal layers of uniform and proceeded briskly to his office.
The Vice-Margravine wasn't long in meeting him there. There was a moment as she entered of mutual grudging respect for punctuality, before they both sat.
"So. Ma'am."
Vice-Margravine Garnett smiled. "Brigadier. We've reached a conclusion in Rozelle that, hopefully, you'll find acceptable. Wouldn't you rather get out of this wretched, overcast dump they call a country?"
"Uhm," said Schaepher, intelligently.
Garnett twisted her pudgy hands together. "You're free now. We could hardly keep these damn forts, not in this climate. Nor give them up for nothing."
"Right..."
"So I sold them."
"Uhm," Schaepher repeated.
"The perfect solution," said Garnett, quietly smug. "We line our pockets, rid ourselves of these liabilities, and nobody loses face. Except Ward, of course, who gets to bankrupt herself over a few empty forts... and you get to leave. Oh. Kincade. What happened to him?"
"The dead man? We burned him. We've got an urn, if they need one."
Garnett smirked. "Practical. Well, now the cat's out of the bag, we might as well hand it over discreetly..."
"Won't his family say anything?"
"He has no family. We lucked out, in that regard." Garnett sighed. "Anyway, point is, we've got three months to clear out. Not a single Nepharim boot on these shores after that, and not a damned moment too soon."
"That simple?"
Garnett smiled again. "That simple. Almost. You've got the job of overseeing all the withdrawals, in all the camps and forts across the nation, but..."
Schaepher grimaced. It would be a thankless job, coordinating with officers he'd never spoken to, in situations that could easily be far more chaotic than the tidy operation he'd overtaken. "That's the punishment for Kincade, is it?"
"Blame Price. Or whoever your superiors are. It wasn't my call. But, yes, it probably is."
Both sighed, leaned back in their seats. Their eyes turned to the darkness outside.
"This really is the end, isn't it?" reflected Garnett. "First time in... God knows how long, Brenecia won't have us breathing down their necks. They think they can make it on their own, well. Good luck to 'em."
"Aye." Schaepher, against his better judgement, continued. "But if they keep pressing us, maybe we come back."
"You think we may yet regret giving these back?" Garnett chuckled. "We've got nothing to fear from Brenecia, I assure you. This profitable gesture will end the tension. Things with Rozelle are almost cordial again, and Ward? She's all talk. Can't keep her rhetoric up to your face."
Schaepher looked across the table, soberly. If Garnett was wrong, it wouldn't be plush bureaucrats paying the price. But he didn't bother to say it - what difference would it make?

NEPHARIM NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION - FORTNIGHT 9
Goalkeepers:
1 - Apostolos Tsattalios (Falourr, EUR), 12 - Hesterine Mercator (Eastweald, COS), 20 - Althea Taliadoros (Raven River)
Defenders: 2 - Anita Sanger (Rammsissil, VIL), 3 - Nike Rouphos (Chenoworth Harriers), 5 - Alcander Visser (Starling), 6 - Ilyana Brosch (AFC Corvistone), 18 - Ruon Asante (Lajuno, EUR), 19 - Sander Katarec (Vermillion Rage), 22 - Gabrielle Reinhardt (Newrook City)
Midfielders: 4 - Catheline Marchant (OAS Royal FC, COS), 8 - Malachi Chalk (Falourr, EUR), 14 - Marica Kuepper (Jungle Strike, VIL), 15 - Mordecai Brandtner (Newrook City), 21 - Sabine Montag (North Sabrefell), 23 - Evangeline Aschenbach (Starling)
Forwards: 7 - Minka Kranevitter (North Sabrefell), 9 - Erika Wolff (North Sabrefell), 10 - Arista Tzorvas (Olympic Thessia, MYT), 11 - Dimitra Exarchopolous (FC Samotath, COS), 13 - Atalanta Skapetis (Coret Hawks), 16 - Morena Deventer (Brinemouth), 17 - Dragan Stavanger (Coret Hawks)

SCHEDULE
Astoria 0 - 3 Nephara
Commonwealth of Baker Park 2 - 3 Nephara
Nephara 6
- 3 Dreamplanet @ Eagle's Club (Brinemouth)
Pridnestrovia 0 - 6 Nephara
Nephara 2
- 0 Blaneu @ Ludd's Hammer (Stahlburg)
Natanians and Nosts 1 - 4 Nephara
Nephara 3
- 0 Tinhampton @ The Gauntlet (Treason)
Walenstein 1 - 2 Nephara
Nephara 5
- 3 Robostania @ Phoenix Rise (Corvistone)
Nephara 5 - 2 Astoria @ The Iron Hill (Vermillion)
Nephara 4 - 1Commonwealth of Baker Park @ Farham Arena (Sabrefell)
Dreamplanet 1 - 3 Nephara
Nephara 2
- 0 Pridnestrovia @ The Gauntlet (Treason)
Blaneu 0 - 0 Nephara
Nephara 2 - 0 Natanians and Nosts @ Farham Arena (Sabrefell)
Tinhampton 0 - 3 Nephara
Nephara vs. Walenstein @ Godswatch (Crisisbless)
Robostania vs. Nephara
Last edited by Nephara on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:38 am

Ihawa's plan to open his portal in the middle of nowhere so he didn't startle anyone was a failure. The portal opened into the parking lot of a roadside restaurant that didn't exist in his world, a fast food place specializing in döner. The patrons of the restaurant were surprised when Ihawa and Danu appeared in their midst.

On the bright side, having people around made it easier for Danu to hitch a ride back to civilization. He still had a lot of unanswered questions about everything that had happened and everything he'd seen in the other world. He thought about it a lot in the coming days, but there were some things he would never know.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:09 am

Main Nation Ministry, after Jeruselem shocked the local team 4-0. Prince Hamish with fellow striker Lady Dada

Dada: Well, I see you're inspired by something. You've been scoring goals all over place recently.
Hamish: Yes, I should get getting my shit together after like 16 games.
Dada: A hat trick today, and against a team who beat last time
Hamish: Well, they did beat us at home where we tend to lost games or ... draw them
Dada: I've been told we've scored 33 goals, the same as top seed Barunia. It's a pity we conceded so many goals recently, like the loss at home to Joshenia.
Hamish: We've been doing our part but our defense keeps on collapsing at the wrong times.

Dada: Saying that, they've done good today and last home game.
Hamish: It was looking bleak after the loss to Joshenia at home, after a bunch of draws.
Dada: We're back in 2nd spot too. Weirdly we have a +9 goal difference, beaten by only Nova Anglicana.
Hamish: I guess this group is so close still
Dada: Two games to go, 6 points to get
Hamish: Realistically, there's only 4 teams in contention. The 5th and 6th spot need the other to lose games.

Dada: I see our rivals managed draws today. Libera Populum held Barunia to a draw, they've been eliminated. And last placed Gor Kebab held Nova Anglicana.
Hamish: Just proves we take nothing for granted at all.
Dada: So true, especially at home where we have two wins to show and a bunch of draws. And three losses.
Hamish: Yes, losing at home is bad especially if your mother is the ex-coach.
Dada: She was damn unlucky everytime we tried to qualify
Hamish: I know, it's not like we didn't have a chance. We fell short, by inches.

Dada: You trying to impress someone on the team? Most of the girls on the team aren't single by the way.
Hamish: I know that, but there's a few who are.
Dada: Like me, no I am not interested.
Hamish: Pity that
Dada: You should have no problem finding a wife
Hamish: But I have a habit of picking hard-to-get women

Dada: It's a bit hard to avoid your family in the World Cup. The coach Kaz Sallad is in fact related to the Dallas family. She's also a friend of Princess Chloe and Princess Cassie. Her kids mix with Princess Katya not to be confused to Katya Dallas in the team who's a Dallas but not Princess. Then Bianca is a Dallas. I'm pretty half the staff associated with the team are also Dallas, because that's how you keep family employed.
Hamish: Yeah, we're everywhere
Dada: Oh yes, and one of biggest sponsors of the team is your family ...
Hamish: There would be no football without us, really.

Dada: Actually I'm here because I was recommended by your Mum
Hamish: The weird thing is I might be not picked in the team by own mother
Dada: Really?
Hamish: I can't blame her, I'm annoying enough as I am.
Dada: Yep, you are very annoying.
Hamish: Say, can you do that stuff .... that stripper stuff still?

Dada: Yes, but I don't need to anymore. It was only an extra job for the money.
Hamish: Do people take you seriously? I mean they look down on people like strippers.
Dada: That attitide helps me, on the field. They look at me and think I'm some stupid bimbo, for the looks on the field. So they underestimate my abilties.
Hamish: I don't know how you that aerial stuff, I can't do that. I get giddy with all that spinning around.
Dada: I don't, spinning around on poles I guess got rid of that. I'm fine with aerials.
Hamish: You'd have to pretty flexible.

Dada: I've seen videos of your mother on the poles
Hamish: Oh that, she was wild at one stage.
Dada: I guess that ended when somone broke her knee
Hamish: As a kid I wondered why she had a weird limp
Dada: She's far healthier than a lot of people I know, limp or no limp
Hamish: The women in my family to live long lives, and outlive their partners.
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

Bongo Johnson
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 18, 2012

Postby Bongo Johnson » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:23 am

BongoBeat.net - Home for World Cup 82 and more

ONE MORE
WIN AND WE'RE IN - triumphant 1-0 victory over Ko-oren puts ISBJ in great place to qualify

Bongald's 83rd minute rocket gave Bongo Johnson the hard fought 1-0 victory over the Dragonflies last night, giving the team arguably the most important three points they've earned in the entire contest. In a game that looked like it might be trending towards a draw until the very end, the Bongos were able to score on a set piece and hold off a last second all-out effort to secure the win.

Bongald's lone goal, already dubbed "The Shot Heard 'Round The World" by local news outlets, came as the Bongos capitalized on a late game corner kick. A bending lob sent into the box ricocheted off several legs before it bounced out to the left corner edge, where Bongald wound up for a booming one-time shot that emitted a powerful thud picked up by broadcast cameras. Minutes later, Ko-oren pushed their keeper forward for an extra attacker in a stoppage time attempt to level the score, but the ball was rounded up by keeper Adam Jones and launched back to center, where the referee whistled for full time.

The victory gives Bongo Johnson 32 points in Group 5 and gives them a whopping 11 possible scenarios in which the team could qualify for the World Cup after tonight's match against unranked Spokane. Spokane, who have racked up the most ties out of any nation in the group, will attempt to play the spoiler against an Incorporated squad highly motivated to secure their first ever knockout berth in Bongo Johnson World Cup history. Bongo Johnson previously won over Spokane 1-0 in the first leg of the group stage and seeks to repeat this performance, perhaps with an additional motivation to pad their goal differential.

Matchday 17 ISBJ Qualifying Scenarios

Bongo Johnson wins Group 5 with:

-ISBJ win and Damukuni draw
-ISBJ win and Damukuni loss
-ISBJ draw, Damukuni loss, and Ko-oren draw
-ISBJ draw, Damukuni loss, and Ko-oren loss

Bongo Johnson qualifies for World Cup with:

-ISBJ win
-ISBJ draw and Ko-oren draw
-ISBJ draw and Ko-oren loss
-ISBJ loss, Ko-oren draw, and Ethane draw
-ISBJ loss, Ko-oren draw, and Ethane loss
-ISBJ loss, Ko-oren loss, and Ethane draw
-ISBJ loss, Ko-oren loss, and Ethane loss

Bongo Johnson cannot be mathematically eliminated from World Cup contention after Matchday 17.

Current look at Group 5's current situation
Group 5                            Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Bongo Johnson 16 10 2 4 32 26 +6 32
2 Damukuni 16 8 5 3 36 23 +13 29
---------------QUALIFICATION LINE-------------------------------------------
3 Ko-oren 16 8 3 5 14 12 +2 27
4 Ethane 16 7 5 4 34 23 +11 26
5 Siovanija and Teusland 16 6 5 5 26 24 +2 23
6 Spokane 16 3 9 4 10 13 −3 18 ELIMINATED
7 Euran Oceania Territories 16 5 3 8 14 26 −12 18 ELIMINATED
8 Libonesia 16 2 8 6 9 13 −4 14 ELIMINATED
9 Holy Marsh 16 2 8 6 7 13 −6 14 ELIMINATED
10 Freeport 16 2 6 8 18 27 −9 12 ELIMINATED
Last edited by Bongo Johnson on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
Proud host of World Bowl XXXII and World Bowl XXXIII
Appearances: 2 (82, 83)
Current rank: 148th
Highest rank: 41st (83)
Lowest rank: 262nd (79)
Best finish: Round 1 (82, 83)

G.A.F.A. I Undefeated Season and Champions
G.A.F.A. II 11-0 Regular Season

Balqia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Just business

Postby Balqia » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:45 am

The rain in the outside made the day perfect to work, unfortunately Prmilid’s cellphone started to ring. He was called to Andrec’s room, there he encountered his boss and Kruma, both of them in black suits. They complimented each other and sat, Andrec only opened his mouth again after Mariko arrived, after the compliments the discussion begun.
-So, here we are today, another match, another defeat.- Viktor’s voice didn’t expressed anything, maybe a bit of sarcasm -Two more games, to reach our objective of 0 GD until the end of the Cup. What a challenge.
-I think that we can improve. Faj did an excellent job by scoring a goal, and Qalti’s is really improving. OUr back is recovering too.
Surprisingly Primlid wasn’t interrupted, the manager just kept looking at him in silence.
-It was surely an improvement. I liked how they managed to defend against that advancement in the first ten minutes, I thought “Oh no, here it comes” but then Kuld stole the ball and sent it right to the front, amazing, really amazing.
Something wasn’t right, Viktor usually would be cursing Primlid for five generations ahead and before him in normal conditions. This made Claudius apprehensive of the situation even more.
-The middle defended even more advances this time too- Mariko was trying to enter in the conversation -See, our ball control was increased by 19% if compared with the last game against the Free Republics…
Kruma coughed -I think we came here to talk about things that are more important, didn’t we Viktor?
The manager raised his eyebrows, like when someone remember something very important, he spoke with the same tone as before.
-Oh, that’s right. I just wanted to question, who did payed you two to sabotage me?
Primlid took a while to understand this, the words passed and came back through his head, this didn’t make any sense, obviously it wasn’t a joke, Viktor never told jokes, and when he did they weren’t so elaborated.
-No one, and I didn’t sabotage you Viktor, it was just bad luck and clear disadvantage if we consider that our opponents are habituated with participating in the World Cup.
Obviously Andrec was confused, the stress made him think in the wrong direction, obviously this was a misunderstanding, some words and a cup of tea would resolve it.
-Don’t try to lie, I was informed that someone from the staff is getting paid by a group of businessmen, I know that I was being sabotaged, say it now or both of you are dead.
Primlid was becoming nervous, this conversation was leading to some dark path, and Claudius wasn’t sure about the destination that they were headed to.
-M-maybe I’m receiving some money f-from f-friends.
Mariko was sweating, the other three man looked at him in surprise, he was the last person in the world that Claudius would suspect of corruption.
-B-but I s-swear it isn’t s-sabotage, I j-just sell some informations t-to s-some people. T-they aren’t from the o-other teams, j-just some gamblers t-that w-want some advantage and reporters who want p-premium information.
He laughed nervously, everyone knew that corruption was punished by dead in Balqia, regardless of size or kind. If just one of them did the right thing and denounced Mariko the man would be dead in days.
-Look, I think what Mariko done was wrong, but let us forget about this, he deserve some…
-Janus, did you sell information to Grigorius Janus?
Andrec ignored Primlid’s words, he was speaking to Mariko, and only him now.
-Y-yes, but he wanted some other informations. L-like t-that t-time when your wife came here, he wanted to know what car she used.
Primlid though that Viktor was going to explode in anger, he was pretty sensitive when it came to family issues, and what the assistant coach done was over every possible chance of forgiveness by Andrec. But instead of getting anger the manager sent them out of the room. That surely was a strange action, apparently everything in that day was wrong in some way.
-W-what he will do? He will not denounce me, will he? I know that the manager is very corrupt and…
- Don’t worry, he will not do anything.
Claudius said that in a calm voice, he was trying to believe in his own words, but both of them knew that he was wrong. And the future will prove them right.
69th Baptism of Fire - 2nd Place;
82th World Cup - 5th place of group 6;
83th World Cup - 4th place of group R;
84th World Cup - 5th place of group 11;
85th World Cup - 4th place of group 6.

English isn't my native language. If you see any gramatical error in my RPs, please let me know.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:49 am

Who Sends Cassadaigua to the Cup of Harmony?
By Chelsea Dufresne, Concord Heights Times

It was recently made official that the Cup of Harmony will be hosted by Mriin and Cosumar, and we would like to congratulate these two nations of this distinction. They did not have any competition in the voting process, and it was a solid bid that no one raised any objection too. We do not know yet which nation will be hosting the Cup of Harmony final, but that is the nation that Cassadaigua will be looking to win the 33rd place honor once they invariably choke in the last two games. Presently, Group 14 shows the Fillies somehow still in second place despite only winning half of their 16 games. They trail first place Filindostan by two points, and are a point ahead of Starblaydia and two over Polkopia.

Cassadaigua’s final two home games are at home to North Quadana and away to Tiiwark. North Quadana has managed to go 4-1-11 so far, while Tiiwark is 5-4-7. Therefore, on paper, we know that Cassadaigua will choke against one of these two teams. Which one is the more likely one to take points against the Fillies.

North Quadana has not really had their claim to fame yet in this group while Tiiwark has pulled off some good draws, including already drawing the Fillies in Concord Heights. Therefore, North Quadana would seem to be the best bet. In the unlikely event that Cassadaigua wins both of these matches, that’s all they would need to do to get to the World Cup, but every one with an ounce of common sense knows that this team that only has four wins in their last twelve games is not going to do that.

How bad is this stretch, really? Four wins, in the last twelve? This could go even beyond the World Cup 80 qualifying debacle, quite honestly. Stephanie Sweeney saved her job with a good Cup of Harmony effort that cycle. Now, she better get two wins in games that we should win, or else she won’t be around for the Cup of Harmony. More then likely, anyway.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:01 pm

Ten Goals of Entertainment
600th Qualifying Win for Starblaydia

It was a little strange for the traveling circus that is the Starblaydia national football team, the associated hangers-on, the press and fans to be travelling to a nation that doesn't exist any more. It happened some time around Matchday 14, when Britaen's Queen finally stopped reading the texts of the World Assembly. Maybe she changed her number, maybe the app broke, or maybe she switched phones because it sort of broke and she didn't import her contacts properly and was stuck waiting for the WA to text her again. Or maybe she just ghosted them. Either way, there is no longer a sign that says 'Welcome to Britaen', torn down as it was by rioting mobs, presumably. Security was tight, almost entirely provided by Starblaydi Constabulary, the 'Britaen' team may or may not have been the one that started the Qualifiers, and Starblaydia hit a magnificent seven goals, something they've not done since hosting German American States in the Qualifiers for the 67th World Cup, sixty years ago.

This was Starblaydia 910th match in World Cup Qualifying, their 1,720th in history, and proved to be yet another milestone in Starblaydia's record books. Not only with ten goals and plenty of entertainment, but also with their 600th win in Qualifiers, the 1,031st overall. With twelve goals scored against Britaen over two matches, Starblaydia bounced back from their frustrating draw against Tiiwark - a match where they were booed by their home fans as much as they were cheered, surprised as they were by Tiiwark's pluck and never-say-die attitude.

This match started well enough, with Aaron Cole neatly clipping the ball just inside the far post after just six minutes of play. He doubled Starblaydia's lead towards the end of the first half, too, by heading in Kota Sato's cross, ghosting in at the near post in front of the defender to nod the ball home. This was more like it for Starblaydia, but they against switched off at the back, like they had three times against Tiiwark, to allow a goal against the run of play right before half time. Both teams emerged and it was assuming Starblaydia would take control of the game, like they had earned for the majority of the first forty-five minutes. Sutter McCloud shaving the outside of the post with a shot from twenty yards in the opening seconds pointed directly to that game plan. But when Tupu Alofa got a little bit too tough with the Britaen striker, a penalty was quickly given and suddenly Starblaydia were pegged back to 2-2 with more than forty minutes remaining.

It only took about ten minutes. but by the time Viola Capodanno collected a poor headed clearance, skipped past two defenders and rifled her shot low into the bottom-right corner, across the body of the goalkeeper, Starblaydia were firmly back in the ascendancy on the pitch, and once again on the scoreboard. They continued their on-pitch dominance, laying siege to the Britaen goal as they valiantly defended the honour of a nation that no longer existed. Kudos to them, in fact, because it took another twenty minutes for Starblaydia to score again. When they did, however, all goalscoring floodgates appeared to open. Aaron Cole wrapped up his hat-trick by perfectly finding the top corner with a curling shot for his 11th goal of the Qualifiers, just two minutes later Sutter McCloud got his 14th in 21 appearances by nutmegging the 'keeper from a tight angle, and then Starblaydia found themselves conceding from a corner as they made a couple of tactical substitutions. 5-3 it was when one of those substitutes, Mercy Kaufman, bagged her fifth of the campaign and 13th of her international career on a breakaway, before Kota Sato assumed penalty duties to make it a magnificent seven after a lazy handball in the box.

This match fell just one goal short of equaling the record of 11 goals in a Starblaydia game, currently held by 6-5 results against Hyprocria and Jabok - a loss and a win respectively - and is the most goals in a Starblaydia match this campaign and indeed since that Jabok result in World Cup 79's Qualifiers.

Britaen 3 - 7 (Seven) Starblaydia
(44', 47' Pen, 79') - (Cole 8', 38' & 72', Capodanno 55', McCloud 74', Kaufman 81', Sato 90' Pen)

The entire top four all won today, but just four points separates them with six available to still win. Starblaydia absolutely must win both of their remaining games to even have a hope of qualifying. They have a harder time than the two teams above them, facing first The Sherpa Empire, then the fourth place -and currently still in contention- Polkopia side. Starblaydia only managed two draws against these two sides earlier in the Qualifiers, and any repeat performance will essentially guarantee they'll be playing in the Cup of Harmony instead.

Starblaydia will also be relying on a Filindostan loss against either this pitiful Britaen team, or the now-eliminated Sherpa Empire. Cassadaigua, meanwhile, will be urged on by Starblaydi fans to draw with the same North Quadana side that Starblaydia swept aside by an aggregate of 8-2, as well as the same Tiiwark team that somehow took four points from their two matches with the five-time world champions. Polkopia are still in it, of course, and being just two points behind Cassadaigua, they'll be hoping a draw or worse will help lift them into the automatic qualification spots. If the game against Starblaydia comes down to a winner-take-all match where one team goes to the World Cup and the other to the Cup of Harmony... that could be a game for the ages.

Ps Group 14                Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD  Pts 
1 Filindostan 16 10 2 4 41 34 +7 32
2 Cassadaigua 16 8 6 2 47 32 +15 30
- ----------------- -- -- -- -- -- -- --- --
3 Starblaydia 16 8 5 3 47 26 +21 29

4 Polkopia 16 8 4 4 36 27 +9 28
5 The Sherpa Empire 16 6 5 5 31 31 0 23 E
6 Omerica 16 6 5 5 39 41 −2 23 E
7 Tiiwark 16 5 4 7 21 27 −6 19 E
8 Abristan 16 5 2 9 24 31 −7 17 E
9 North Quadana 16 4 1 11 24 38 −14 13 E
10 Britaen 16 2 2 12 19 42 −23 8 E
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports