NATION

PASSWORD

Veergati T20 Cup Season 1 (IC Thread)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Veergati T20 Cup Season 1 (IC Thread)

Postby Pratapgadh » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:17 pm

Veergati T20 Cup Season 1
The fans can make you famous.
A contract can make you rich.
The press can make you a superstar.
But only the love can make you a player.

Hello, hello! Welcome to the first edition of the Veergati T20 Cup. This season will take place in Pratapgadh, one of most cultured and prideful nations.

There will two groups of 4 nations. Top 2 will go on to play in the Semi-Finals and the final two will compete for the cup! Best of luck to all teams!

Start posting your rosters and RPs!

Groups
Group A
Liventia
Pratapgadh
Darmen
Indusse

Group B
Damukuni
Teusland
Ethane
Awell Islands

Schedule
08/03/19 - Group Draw & Opening Ceremony
10/03/19 - MD1 (1 vs 4 | 2 vs 3)
12/03/19 - MD2 (3 vs 1 | 2 vs 4)
14/03/19 - MD3 (1 vs 2 | 3 vs 4)
16/03/19 - Semi-Finals (Group A Winner vs Group B Runner-up | Group A Runner-up vs Group B Winner)
18/03/19 - Finals (Semi-Final 1 Winner vs Semi-Final 2 Winner)
19/03/19 - Closing Ceremony
Cutoffs times are 17:00-18:00 NZT.
Last edited by Pratapgadh on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Cricket Rankings
  • Test Cricket: 11th (out of 12)
  • ODI: 25th (out of 48)
  • T20I: 12th (out of 39)
Cricket Stats

Updated on 28 February, 2021 (15:51 NZT)
Sarvatra Vijay (Victory Everywhere)
Pratapgadh Domestic Sportswire

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:19 pm

Stadiums

• Group A will play at Suryapur Cricket Ground, Suryapur City. The stadium was built in 1956 and has 55,000 seating capacity. Semi-Final 1 will also be played here.
  • Group B will play at Jaisalmer Cricket Stadium, Jaisalmer City. The stadium was built in 1935 and has a seating capacity of 47,500. Semi-Final 2 will also be played here.
  • The finals will be played at the Chittorgarh Cricket Ground, the largest cricket ground of Pratapgadh, with a seating capacity of 67,500. It was built in 1861 when Pratapgadh was first introduced to cricket by the British. It was the first ever stadium to be built.

IC SCHEDULE
DateTimeEventLocation
Friday, October 13, 20213:00 PMOpening CeremonyPrithviraj Chauhan Park, Kota City
Saturday, October 14, 20213:00 PMLiventia U-21 vs IndusseSuryapur Cricket Ground, Suryapur City
Saturday, October 14, 20213:00 PMDamukuni vs Awell IslandsJaisalmer Cricket Stadium, Jaisalmer City
Sunday, October 15, 20213:00 PMDarmen vs PratapgadhSuryapur Cricket Ground, Suryapur City
Sunday, October 15, 20213:00 PMEthane vs TeuslandJaisalmer Cricket Stadium, Jaisalmer City
Monday, October 16, 20213:00 PMPratapgadh vs Liventia U-21Suryapur Cricket Ground, Suryapur City
Monday, October 16, 20213:00 PMTeusland vs DamukuniJaisalmer Cricket Stadium, Jaislamer City
Tuesday, October 17, 20213:00 PMDarmen vs IndusseSuryapur Cricket Ground, Suryapur City
Tuesday, October 17, 20213:00 PMEthane vs Awell IslandsJaisalmer Cricket Stadium, Jaislamer City
Wednesday, October 18, 20213:00 PMLiventia vs DarmenSuryapur Cricket Ground, Suryapur City
Wednesday, October 18, 20213:00 PMDamukuni vs EthaneJaisalmer Cricket Stadium, Jaislamer City
Thursday, October 19, 20213:00 PMPratapgadh vs IndusseSuryapur Cricket Ground, Suryapur City
Thursday, October 19, 20213:00 PMTeusland vs Awell IslandsJaisalmer Cricket Stadium, Jaisalmer City
Friday, October 20, 20213:00 PMGroup A Winner vs Group B Runner-upSuryapur Cricket Ground, Suryapur City
Friday, October 20, 20213:00 PMGroup B Winner vs Group A Runner-upJaisalmer Cricket Stadium, Jaisalmer City
Saturday, October 21, 20213:00Semi-Final 1 Winner vs Semi-Final 2 WinnerChittorgarh Cricket Ground, Chittorgarh City
Sunday, October 22, 20213:00 PMClosing CeremonyJaipur Central Park, Jaipur City

History of Pratapgadh

Pratapgadh is a Rajput Republic, located in the north-west of India. Pratapgadh was once a kingdom, established in 1600 after successfully defeating the Mughal Empire. Rana Rajendra Singh I was the first ruler of the kingdom of Pratapgadh, known for his military strategies. Pratapgadh had to fight for hundreds of years to protect its independence against the Mughals and the Britishers. In 2019, the Communist Coalition of Pratapgadh (CCP) started a rebellion and successfully captured Rana Bhagwant Singh I. But the Communists were forced to start elections by other Indian nations. The Communists lost and now the Pratapgadh Janata Party (PJP) is in power of the Rajput Republic. Today, Pratapgadh is one of the leading nations in India when it comes to military and resources.

Climate

Pratapgadh is a hot place. Rajputana is the hottest state out of 6 states, Summer starts in April and ends in June. Even in other seasons, the place is still warm. Sangha Pradesh, Sindh, Gujaradesa, Punjab, Rajendra Pradesh are hot places too, but not as hot as Rajputana. Pratapgadh is one of the ideal places to play cricket.

Cricket in Pratapgadh

Cricket is the most played and loved game in Pratapgadh. Test cricket is the most loved version of cricket, T20 is the second most loved one. Pratapgadh Premier League (PPL) was recently created to make T20 more famous in Pratapgadh. And the oldest league is the Pratapgadh Test League (PTL), which runs for a whole year. There are also many grounds and facilities for cricket and many people from other Indian nations come here for coaching.

Transport

Each team will be provided with a coach bus (Our coach buses have at least 54 seats) for its staff and players. All teams will first fly to Chittorgarh International Airport, the gateway to Pratapgadh, from there the teams will fly to their respective host cities. Teams must pay for trips themselves.

Accomodation & Facilities

Accommodation will be provided for all players in their host city during the group stage and will be reassigned if the team qualifies for the knockouts. All hotels will be 4-star hotels, and the cost of stay will be equally paid by the Pratapgadh Cricket Federation and the governing body of each team. Hotel rooms will cost $50 per night. All hotel rooms will have wifi and other basic needs. If the cost of accommodation is too high for your team's governing body, then contact PCF as soon as possible and we will find cheaper accommodation for you.

All facilities for practice will be provided by the PCF.

Language

There are like hundreds of languages spoken in Pratapgadh, the most spoken languages are Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marwari, Marathi and Sanskrit. It is hard for foreigners to understand the accent, but they can still understand some of what Pratapgadhis are saying. Pratapgadhis will be surprised and be happy to know that you can understand and speak one of the local languages.

Curreny

Teams will need to use Swarnmudras (ॐ) for purchases and to cover the costs for accomodation. The coins we use are ॐ5, ॐ10, ॐ20, ॐ30, ॐ40, ॐ50. The notes we use are ॐ100, ॐ200, ॐ300, ॐ400, ॐ500, ॐ1000, ॐ5000.
Last edited by Pratapgadh on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
Cricket Rankings
Cricket Stats

Awell Islands
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Awell Islands » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:08 pm

Pratapgadh wrote:
Veergati T20 Cup Season 1
The fans can make you famous.
A contract can make you rich.
The press can make you a superstar.
But only the love can make you a player.

Hello, hello! The Pratapgadh Cricket Federation (PCF) has decided to host a T20 cup here in Pratapgadh. This the 1st edition of the Veergathi T20 Cup. Anyone who wishes to participate is eligible to signup, the maximum number of puppets is 1 and they need to be declared. The first edition of this T20 cup will be hosted in Pratapgadh, but other nations are eligible to host the second edition of the cup.

All nations will be unranked for this first season, ranks will be determined after this season finishes.

Meaning of Veergati
Veergati is a Hindi word, which means Matyrdom. This T20 Cup was named Veergati to remember and respect the people who fought for Pratapgadh against the British and Mughals.

IC Information
WIP

Hosting Experience (OOC)
This will be the first time I will be hosting with this nation. I have some hosting experience with my old nation Azadeshia. I have hosted some regional tournaments for India and also hosted a few domestic leagues. My most successful tournament was the Indian Champions League. I am hosting this tournament to gain some experience in hosting an international event. And I don't think I am ready, I AM ready to host an event like this.

Format
It depends on the number of signups. The minimum amount of signups is 14 nations, and the maximum is 56 nations. Here is how the format will be depending on the number of nations.
14 nations: 2 groups of 7 nations, top 4 will go on to play in the Quarter-Finals
16 nations: 4 groups of 4 nations, top 2 will go on to play in the Quarter-Finals
18 nations: 3 groups of 6 nations, top 2 will go on to play in the Championship Group. The top team in Championship Group will be crowned champion.
20 nations: 4 groups of 5 nations, top 2 will go on to play in the Quarter-Finals
24 nations: 4 groups of 6 nations, top 4 will go on to play in the Round of 16
28 nations: 4 groups of 7 nations, top 4 will go on to play in the Round of 16
32 nations: 8 groups of 4 nations, top 2 will go on to play in the Round of 16
36 nations: 6 groups of 6 nations, top 4 will go on to play in the Round of 24
40 nations: 8 groups of 5 nations, top 2 will go on to play in the Round of 16
44 nations: 4 groups of 11 nations, top 4 will go on to play in the Round of 16
48 nations: 8 groups of 6 nations, top 2 will go on to play in the Round of 16
52 nations: 4 groups of 13 nations, top 6 will go on to play in the Round of 24
56 nations: 8 groups of 7 nations, top 2 will go on to play in the Round of 16

Tiebreakers
1. Overall Points (2 for win, 1 for draw and 0 for loss)
2. Net Run Rate

Scorination
I will use the latest version of xkoranate to scorinate the results, of course, using the T20 option. I will scorinate the results every second day, to give time for nations to RP. Cutoffs time will be between 4:30-5:30 AM UTC. Any delays will be informed to all participants.

Stadiums
More will be written about these stadiums in the IC thread.
  • Chittorgarh Cricket Ground Cap. 65,000
  • Kumbhalgarh Cricket Ground Cap. 45,000
  • Jaisalmer Cricket Ground Cap. 56,347
  • Jaipur International Stadium Cap. 76,000
WIP

Signups - 1
1. Pratapgadh

Puppets - 0

I would like to join! Awell Islands will participate.

Indusse
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Indusse » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:17 pm

Will join ..... The AICB champions here...
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

Resume
Issue Author: #1428
IAC 13 Champions

Damukuni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Damukuni » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:05 am

Oh look, something I can sink my teeth into while waiting for a GCF World T20 to start. We're in!

Also, how do you plan to collapse a "Round of 24"? 24 isn't a power of 2...
Last edited by Damukuni on Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE UNITED INTERPLANETARY STATES OF DAMUKUNI
Cap: Atarashii-Damushuto | Pop: 356,709,481 (2070) | Lang: English, Damukunian | Money: Damuokane (Ð)
Former Leader of Esportiva | Damukuni on NSSWiki
CoH 69 4th Place | CoH 75 Runners-up

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:13 pm

Damukuni wrote:Oh look, something I can sink my teeth into while waiting for a GCF World T20 to start. We're in!

Also, how do you plan to collapse a "Round of 24"? 24 isn't a power of 2...

Oh, sorry. I just realised my mistake. Thanks for pointing that out :p
Cricket Rankings
Cricket Stats

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:15 pm

We need at least 10 more nations to be able to start the tournament.
Cricket Rankings
Cricket Stats

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:10 pm

I'm in.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Darmen
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:47 pm

Might I suggest that, as this is one of your first forays into hosting a competition, it might be a good idea to hold the tournament with just eight teams. Two groups of four teams, top two from each group to the Semifinals. We might be waiting for a while if you hope to reach 16 signups.

Anyways, Darmen can send its 'A' squad.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Darmen wrote:Might I suggest that, as this is one of your first forays into hosting a competition, it might be a good idea to hold the tournament with just eight teams. Two groups of four teams, top two from each group to the Semifinals. We might be waiting for a while if you hope to reach 16 signups.

I would agree. Consider that the last World T20 closed at 24 and we really struggled for entries once we got past the 16th signup.

I would also suggest that TGing established cricket nations, while obviously well-intentioned, could be taken the wrong way. I think people will have signed up if they'd have wanted to.

However, since you asked nicely, Liventia will send an under-21 squad.
Last edited by Liventia on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:54 pm

We'll be in, competing as just 'Teusland'
The United Republics of Siovanija & Teusland
Capital: Borograd | Population: 74,245,000 | Demonyms: Siovanijan, Teus | Country Code: STL

World Cup of Hockey 40, 41 & 42 Champions ⋆ World Junior Hockey Championship 14 Champions

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:55 pm

Darmen wrote:Might I suggest that, as this is one of your first forays into hosting a competition, it might be a good idea to hold the tournament with just eight teams. Two groups of four teams, top two from each group to the Semifinals. We might be waiting for a while if you hope to reach 16 signups.

Anyways, Darmen can send its 'A' squad.

Yes, I think that would be better.
Cricket Rankings
Cricket Stats

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:56 pm

Okay change of plans.

We will only play with 8 teams. And actually that is the same amount of signups we have.

So the signups are now CLOSED.
Cricket Rankings
Cricket Stats

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:00 pm

I will post the IC thread on Saturday at 17:00-18:00 NZT
Cricket Rankings
Cricket Stats

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:03 pm

Pratapgadh wrote:I will post the IC thread on Saturday at 17:00-18:00 NZT

I suggest that for a small tournament like this, this thread can act as an everything thread: OOC, IC, and results all in one.
Слава Україні!

New Hastinapur
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hastinapur » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:18 am

Pratapgadh wrote:Okay change of plans.

We will only play with 8 teams. And actually that is the same amount of signups we have.

Lol, I am late , what's the schedule for the second season?

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:27 am

Ryan de Cerci named Liventia Young Cricketers captain for T20 exhibition tournament
FOLENISA—Test bowler Ryan de Cerci will lead Liventia's Young Cricketers under-21 side in an eight-team Twenty20 tournament in Pratapgadh.

The 21-year-old, who made his international debut in the last World Twenty20 Championship, is in charge of a 15-strong squad that will mostly be looking to gain tournament experience playing against the full senior sides of many other teams. It is thought Darmen, another cricketing stalwart, is the only other side that will not be sending a full-strength team.

Included in the side are 19-year-olds Ivan Reeve, Yoann Lemoine, and Rhys Llewellyn, as well as 20-year-olds PJ Trouvé and Josh Huws, who were all included on the Cricketing Board of Authority's supplementary contracts list last Test season. The Young Cricketers will be coached by former Test all-rounder Duncan Lewis—who remains the only Liventian to hit a first-class triple century—and the senior side's T20 batting coach Leo Cartwright.

As a result of the CBA sending only a representative team instead of a full national side, the tournament has been classified internally as an exhibition, with no player statistics counting towards career T20 totals.

Liventia Young Cricketers roster
Style modifier: +3
Head coach: Duncan Lewis
Assistant coach: Leo Cartwright
FIRST NAMES (COMMONLY)			SCORECARD/LAST NAME	AGE	BATHAND	ROLE/BOWLING
Noah Michael (Noah) NM Fisher 17 LEFT OPENER
Gabriel Sebastian (Gabe) GS Dunn 18 RIGHT OPENER
Quentin Q Lavigne 19 RIGHT TOP ORDER
Daryl Fergus (Ferg) DF O'Brien 18 LEFT TOP ORDER BAT ALL-ROUNDER/LEFT ARM FAST-MEDIUM (LFM)
Glenn Ivan (Ivan) GI Reeve++ 19 RIGHT MIDDLE ORDER
Percéval Jérôme (PJ) PJ Trouvé++ 20 LEFT MIDDLE ORDER
Yoann Michel (Yoann) YM Lemoine++ 19 RIGHT BAT ALL-ROUNDER/RIGHT ARM MEDIUM-FAST (RMF)
Rhys Llewellyn (Rhys) RL Quentin++** 19 RIGHT BAT ALL-ROUNDER/RIGHT ARM MEDIUM (RM)
Ciaran Carl (Ciaran) CC O'Connor 20 RIGHT WICKETKEEPER
Dominic Oscar (Dom) DO Moore 19 LEFT RESERVE WICKETKEEPER
Gérard Brice Gauthier (Gérard) GBG du Toit 17 RIGHT BOWL ALL-ROUNDER/SLOW LEFT ARM ORTHODOX (SLA)
Anthony Christopher (Chris) AC Parsons 18 LEFT BOWLER/LEFT ARM MEDIUM-FAST (LMF)
Ryan Pietro Tomas (Ryan) RPT de Cerci++* 21 LEFT BOWLER/OFFSPIN (rOS)
Gareth Joshua Daniel (Josh) GJD Huws++ 20 RIGHT BOWLER/RIGHT-ARM MEDIUM-FAST (RMF)
Aiden Ieuan (Aiden) AI Vaughan 18 RIGHT BOWLER/LEGSPIN (rLS)

++ Indicates supplementary contract
* Captain
** Vice-captain

Starting XI, pace-friendly: NM Fisher, GS Dunn, DF O'Brien, PJ Trouvé, RL Quentin, YM Lemoine, CC O'Connor†, GBG du Toit, RPT de Cerci*, GJD Huws, AC Parsons
Starting XI, spin-friendly: GS Dunn, Q Lavigne, DF O'Brien, GI Reeve, DO Moore†, YM Lemoine, RL Quentin, RPT de Cerci*, GBG du Toit, GJD Huws, AI Vaughan
Regular bowling attack, pace-friendly: AC Parsons, GJD Huws, RPT de Cerci, DF O'Brien, YM Lemoine, RL Quentin, GBG du Toit
Regular bowling attack, spin-friendly: GJD Huws, RPT de Cerci, GBG du Toit, RL Quentin, AI Vaughan, YM Lemoine, DF O'Brien
Last edited by Liventia on Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Слава Україні!

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:54 am

New Hastinapur wrote:
Pratapgadh wrote:Okay change of plans.

Lol, I am late , what's the schedule for the second season?

A season after every 4 months
Cricket Rankings
Cricket Stats

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:57 am

Pratapgadh T20 Squad

Facts
Nation Name: The Rajput Republic of Pratapgadh
Demonym: Pratapgadhi
Governing Body: Pratapgadh Cricket Federation (PCF)
Colours: #dd0000 (main), #ffc20f
Style Modifier: +3
Captain: Sanjay Gadia

Staff
Head Coach: Tarun Kanvinde
Batting Coach: Ajeet Kolhe
Bowling Coach: Balaram Acharya
Fielding Coach: Nikhil Patkar

(c) = Captain
(wk) = Wicket keeper
Batting Information
NumberNameRoleBatting StyleAgeMatchesRuns ScoredHSAvg50/100

Bowling Information
NumberNameRoleBatting StyleAgeMatchesRuns ScoredHSAvg50/100

Batting Order
1. Rajendra Rathore
2. Bipin Parte
3. Juman Mulani
4. Farhang Gondalwala
5. Yashwant Lurka
6. Sanjay Gadia (c)
7. Sadha Ghalo
8. Javed Kazmi (wk)
9. Pradip Khatmode
10. Abdaal Rahman
11. Kartik Kakadia

Bowling Order
1. Kartik Kakadia
2. Abdaal Rahman
3. Pradip Khatmode
4. Sanjay Gadia (c)
5. Sadha Ghalo

Reserve Players
- Ishaan Awasthi (wk)
- Hari Kapse
- Bhuvan Shahane
- Neel Karamchand
Last edited by Pratapgadh on Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cricket Rankings
Cricket Stats

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:22 pm

Teusland National Cricket Team

Facts
Nation Name: United Republics of Siovanija and Teusland
Demonyms: Teus, Teuslander
Body Represented: Republic of Teusland
Governing Body: Teuslands Kricket-Verband (TKV)
Colours: Black and gold
Anthem: ‘Land of Heavenly Bounty’
Highest Domestic Competition: All-Teusland Cricket Championships
Nickname: The Edelweiss
Style Modifier: +2

Overview

Cricket fans in Teusland can be very happy with the development of the sport in the country recently, with national teams competing on the T20, and Test cricket international stages. The World Twenty20 Championships are the next big event on the calendar, and to help prepare for the tournament, the TKV have decided to enter a team in the Veergati T20 Cup. The Cup will feature a mix of established cricket nations, and cricket nations wanting to establish themselves. “We’re looking forward to the tournament for sure, it’s going to be a good opportunity for our team to become stronger as we lead up to the World Championships, and we’re hoping to do as well as possible here,” commented TKV Director David Mach. The squad features many players from both the last T20 World Championships team and the Test season team, including the captain Konrad von Sauerland. Some newer, younger faces have been introduced as well, such as Silvester Basch and a new-look bowling attack that includes Arthur Elsner and Klaus Traube. Perhaps the most notable omission would be August Tausche, who requested to have some time off to prepare for the next season after an injury in domestic competition. "I'll be watching for sure, and I can't wait to recover from this and get back to 100% for the next season," he commented. 18 players have been chosen to travel to Pratapgadh in total.

18-man Roster

Starting XI
# Name Age Hand Position Club

1 Richard REIDER 26 R Batsman Stelburg-Zentrum
2 Konrad von SAUERLAND (C) 32 L All-rounder Kaiserliche
3 Andreas WENZ 23 L Batsman Kaiserliche
4 Silvester BASCH 19 L Batsman Viktoria
5 Frank POLZL 27 R Batsman Kaiserliche
6 Erik BOHLEN (VC) 26 R Batsman Marine
7 Ewald KOHL 25 R All-rounder Marine
8 Leopold MEISSNER 30 R Wicket-keeper St. Jakob Metropolitan
9 Arthur ELSNER 24 L Bowler Sankt Kunigunde
10 Klaus TRAUBE 26 R Bowler Sankt Ludolph
11 Kajetan VALDEN 30 L Bowler Kaiserliche

Bowling Order: Valden (LF), Traube (RF), Elsner (LM), Kohl (LB), von Sauerland (LM)

Reserves
Name Age Hand Position Club

Patrick FRANZ 29 R Batsman Stelburg-Zentrum
Michael KOLLECK 20 R Batsman Kaiserliche
Anton ZIPPE 24 L Batsman Traunsee
Niclas VAHLEN 26 L Wicket-keeper Marine
Felix SCHAPER 31 R Bowler Stelburg-Zentrum
Viktor KLOR 22 R Bowler Stelburg-Zentrum
Fabian AIGNER 19 L Bowler St. Jakob Metropolitan

RP Permissions
No deaths/career-ending injuries.

National Kit
Teusland’s main kit is all gold with black sleeves, with an edelweiss flower and the writing ‘TEUSLAND’ underneath on the front.

(OOC Note: New to cricket RP’ing, but certainly wanting to learn more about the sport! If you notice something that is wrong or that I could improve on, feel free to TG me or message me on Discord! Thanks.)
Capital: Borograd | Population: 74,245,000 | Demonyms: Siovanijan, Teus | Country Code: STL

World Cup of Hockey 40, 41 & 42 Champions ⋆ World Junior Hockey Championship 14 Champions

Darmen
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:01 pm

Darmen A National Cricket Team
presented by the
Darmeni Cricket Board

The Selection Committee of the Darmeni Cricket Board has announced the fifteen player squad that will travel to Pratapgadh to participate in the inaugural Veergati T20 Cup. The DCB has decided against sending its main national team, instead opting to send its so-called 'A' national team of players on the fringes of selection to gauge their talents and abilities prior to the twelfth edition of the GCF World T20 Championships.

Two members of the team have been brought out of retirement to provide the team with leadership: former national team captain Gwynn Milford and vice-captain Normand Seeger. Several other members (Brice, Droit, Kauffmann, Köhler and Simpkin) have been previously selected for the national team, but received only limited playing time. As usual, the Darmeni bowling attack will rely almost entirely on pace; Calixto Sidney is the only spin bowler in the starting XI.
Coaching Staff
Head Coach: Ike Hansen (Tilden Cricket Club)
Assistant Coach: Brynmor Paternoster (Brham Cricket Club)

Opening Batsmen
Máel Sechlainn Brice 23 Vogler City Cricket Club Right
Tristram Mac Eanraig 21 Cosmopolitans Right

Middle Order Batsmen
Winston van der Zee 24 Hendricks City Cricket Club Right
Odell Köhler 28 Cosmopolitans Right
Wulf Simpkin 25 Liverpool Cricket Club Left
Adelmar Droit 21 Springfield Cricket Club Right

Wicketkeepers
Abihu Kauffmann 26 Romanopolis Cricket Club Right
Kenaniah Mac Niadh 25 Liverpool Cricket Club Right

All-rounders
Gwynn Milford 35 Romanopolis Cricket Club Right RMF Captain

Fast Bowlers
Normand Seeger 36 Bloomer Cricket Club Left LFM Vice-Captain
Jacob Turnbull 29 Liverpool Cricket Club Right RF
Menashe Wakefield 30 Romanopolis Cricket Club Right RF
Neal Beckett 24 Bloomer Cricket Club Left LF

Spin Bowlers
Calixto Sidney 24 Cosmopolitans Right LB
Philbert Gardiner 26 Bloomer Cricket Club Left SLC
1. Brice
2. Mac Eanraig
3. van der Zee
4. Köhler
5. Simpkin
6. Milford (c)
7. Kauffmann †
8. Seeger
9. Turnbull
10. Sidney
11. Wakfield

RP Permissions: No killing, or serious life altering events, but otherwise have fun.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Matchday 1

Postby Pratapgadh » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:21 pm

Matchday 1 Cutoff

Group A
Liventia 160/9 (20 overs)
Indusse 145 (17 overs)

Darmen 155/4 (16.5 overs)
Pratapgadh 153/8 (20 overs)

Group A Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Liventia 1 1 0 0 160 145 +15 2
2 Darmen 1 1 0 0 155 153 +2 2
3 Pratapgadh 1 0 0 1 153 155 −2 0
4 Indusse 1 0 0 1 145 160 −15 0

Group B
Damukuni 146/6 (20 overs)
Awell Islands 135/5 (20 overs)

Ethane 123/6 (20 overs)
Teusland 182/2 (20 overs)

Group B Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Teusland 1 1 0 0 182 123 +59 2
2 Damukuni 1 1 0 0 146 135 +11 2
3 Awell Islands 1 0 0 1 135 146 −11 0
4 Ethane 1 0 0 1 123 182 −59 0
Last edited by Pratapgadh on Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cricket Rankings
Cricket Stats

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:29 pm

STELBURGER ZEITUNG

Late Edition -- Sports

Edelweiss Grab Veergati Cup Opening Win

A combined effort from Teusland’s bowling attack and early batsmen delivered a strong 59-run victory over Ethane in the first match of the Veergati Cup.

“We’re ready to get going here, yeah, and get off to a good start. Ethane are obviously a strong team, we’ll have to be at our best to get the win. I think everyone’s looking forward to seeing what we can do here today,” commented the captain Konrad von Sauerland before the match. Silvester Basch was one of 3 players making their international debuts in the match, he added his thoughts on the match as well: “There will be nerves for sure, yeah, it’s all about getting those under control as quick as possible and getting off to the best possible start here.”

Teusland won the coin flip and elected to bat first, and thus the pair of Richard Reider and Konrad von Sauerland got to work. The first hit off Reider’s bat was a six, and it appeared that it would be a fruitful afternoon for the Edelweiss. Konrad von Sauerland as well was hitting for big numbers, with boundaries helping him get off to a quick start. Von Sauerland would be into the 40s when his partner Reider found himself dismissed, the ball having hit his leg and he was ruled out by the umpire. Reider was thus replaced by Andreas Wenz, having hit for 27 runs in the innings.

Wenz wouldn’t remain on the field for long, however. Two fours aided his total, but rather early on a shot was caught by the Ethane long fielder. So, Wenz put up 15 runs overall for Teusland’s total before being replaced by new face Silvester Basch. Basch made a big impact right away, hitting two fours in his first over. He and von Sauerland held on for quite a while, each batsman continuing to add to his total as the end of 20 overs approached. When the over was done, Basch had finished with a debut 52 runs, while von Sauerland managed a total of 81. Overall, Teusland posted a score of 182/2, leaving Ethane a difficult task in their innings.

Teusland’s bowlers looked strong early on, however, and they took control of the innings. Arthur Elsner and Klaus Traube were making their first international appearances, and both looked solid on the day. Elsner in particular gave up only 19 runs, while taking down 2 wickets in his appearance. Ethane came up with a late run to pick themselves up after a lackluster performance from the openers, and Konrad von Sauerland and Traube found themselves in a bit of a tough situation. Both were able to pull out, however, and it was soon clear that Ethane would not match the Edelweiss’ total. In the end, Ethane managed 123/6.

The Edelweiss thus delivered a win on day 1 at the Veergati Cup, pleasing the travelling supporters who took in the match from Jaisalmer Cricket Stadium. Silvester Basch was named Man of the Match on his debut, having contributed a half-century of runs in addition to strong work in the field. “I’m really happy to have been able to make an impact for the team here, and the focus now is just continuing with that throughout this tournament,” the man of the hour stated.

Next up for the Edelweiss are Damukuni, again at the Jaisalmer Cricket Stadium. Damukuni also opened up their tournament with a victory, by 11 runs over the Awell Islands. No changes are expected in the Teusland XI, with the top spot in Group B on the line. We’ll continue to bring full coverage of Veergati Cup cricket, from Pratapgadh.

Darmen
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:40 pm

Darmen A chases down hosts in opening match of Veergati Cup

Darmen 155/4 (16.5)-153/8 (20) Pratapgadh
@ Suryapur Cricket Ground, Suryapur City

Pratapgadh Innings
Name Runs Balls 4's 6's SR
R. Rathore lbw b Wakefield 37 24 4 1 154.17
B. Parte c Brice b Milford 5 7 1 0 71.43
J. Mulani b Sidney 31 19 5 0 163.16
F. Gondalwala c Simpkin b Seeger 12 5 3 0 240.00
Y. Lurka lbw b Seeger 0 1 0 0 0.00
S. Gadia* not out 37 32 4 1 115.63
S. Ghalo c Kauffmann† b Turnbull 7 9 1 0 77.78
J. Kazmi† lbw b Wakefield 12 15 2 0 80.00
P. Khatmode c Mac Eanraig b Wakefield 3 5 0 0 60.00
A. Rahman not out 1 3 0 0 33.33
Extras 8
Did Not Bat (K. Kakadia)

Name Overs M Runs Wickets Econ.
M. Wakefield 4.0 1 25 3 6.25
N. Seeger 4.0 0 33 2 8.25
C. Sidney 4.0 0 29 1 7.25
G. Milford 4.0 0 35 1 8.75
J. Turnbull 4.0 0 31 1 7.75

Darmeni Innings
Name Runs Balls 4's 6's SR
M.S. Brice lbw b Rahman 17 9 2 1 188.89
T. Mac Eanraig c Mulani b Khatmode 24 17 2 2 141.18
W. van der Zee not out 56 36 7 1 155.56
O. Köhler lbw b Kakadia 18 12 3 0 150.00
W. Simpkin b Kakadia 10 8 2 0 125.00
G. Milford* not out 25 19 2 1 131.58
Extras 5
Did Not Bat (A. Kauffmann†, N. Seeger, J. Turnbull, C. Sidney, M. Wakefield)

Name Overs M Runs Wickets Econ.
K. Kakadia 4.0 0 37 2 9.25
A. Rahman 3.0 0 29 1 9.67
P. Khatmode 3.5 0 34 1 8.87
S. Gadia 3.0 0 27 0 9.00
S. Ghalo 3.0 0 28 0 9.33
Although the hosts of the Veergati Cup got off to a good start against the Darmeni A squad, a near hat-trick by Normand Seeger and a tail end that lacked confidence kept the Pratapgadhi total to 153. Pratapgadhi captain Sanjay Gadia's innings of 37 not out was particularly impressive, Gadia showed great patience in choosing his shots and scored boundaries at various places around the field. The penultimate over saw Menashe Wakefield bowl a two wicket maiden over as the Pratapgadhis withered under pressure from Darmen's pace attack.

The Darmeni chase was quick and efficient, as they lost only four wickets and had nineteen deliveries remaining when they reached their target of 154. All six batsmen that made appearances in the middle reached double digits, Winston van der Zee went even further with an innings of 56 not out that included eight shots beyond the ropes. van der Zee has long been rumored as a potential one-day specialist for the main Darmeni national team, but has been repeatedly overlooked by the Selection Committee over the past few years. With a performance like the one seen at the Suryapur Cricket Ground, it will be hard for the Selection Committee to not include him in the roster for the upcoming World T20 Championships.

Darmen will face Indusse next, before facing an Under-21 selection from Liventia. The Liventians won the other Group A matchup by 15 runs, bowling Indusse out for 145 runs in 17 overs after reaching a total of 160/9 in the first innings.
The Republic of Darmen

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:06 pm

Matchday 2 Cutoff

Group A
Indusse 125/9 (18.1 overs)
Pratapgadh 123/4 (20 overs)

Liventia 133/5 (20 overs)
Darmen 134/7 (19.5 overs)

Group A Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Darmen 2 2 0 0 289 286 +3 4
2 Liventia 2 1 0 1 293 279 +14 2
3 Indusse 2 1 0 1 270 283 −13 2
4 Pratapgadh 2 0 0 2 276 280 −4 0

Group B
Awell Islands 116/5 (20 overs)
Teusland 118/2 (15.4 overs)

Damukuni 144/7 (20 overs)
Ethane 128/3 (20 overs)

Group B Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Teusland 2 2 0 0 300 239 +61 4
2 Damukuni 2 2 0 0 290 263 +27 4
3 Awell Islands 2 0 0 2 251 264 −13 0
4 Ethane 2 0 0 2 251 326 −75 0
Last edited by Pratapgadh on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cricket Rankings
Cricket Stats

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports