NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Fire 69 - IC Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Third Asopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Asopia » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:20 pm

The Hallesht Chronicles

By Michael Dos Santos

The Potato Wedges have lost both their matches with a gap of three goals each. They lost their first match against Grod Island 3 to nil. Then they lost again, the scoreline being 4-1. Even though our bad run continues, we still have to be optimistic.
"It wasn't the best of times, but I know we can do it. Go Potato Wedges!" the manager said. That rejuvenated the players.
"Even though we lost, our manager was still upbeat. We may have a chance to go through the group stage. After all, we still have the World Cup next!" said Andrew Bunting, the lead striker in the squad. Catch us later in HC Sports TV as ee go against Geektopia for our last match.
Presenting my signature signature!
Procrastination... is the art of knowing you have a job to do but know there's like a year till it's due. It's elemental for the Asopin soul to survive in such a slow-paced world.
Bored of having to see Juventus winning the Schudetto too many times? Can wait to see that match where Ronaldo didn’t shoot at all? Tired of seeing Napoli fight for first place when there’s no point? Oh boy, you’ve found a new friend.

I got Theo Theodoridis as my flag model. Showing my love for Greece!

Ofasval
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ofasval » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:56 pm

Ofasval's First International Win!
Ofasval Press

Ever since the game of Football has been introduced to Ofasval, there have been many wildly talented individuals as well as clubs, but we had never had any sort of competitive team on the international level, once the great leader told us we would be gathering the nations best talents to compete in the nations very first international competition, everyone in the country tuned to their TV's and watched the great nation play against all others.

Just in the past few moments, the great nations football team played the far-away nation of "Gutulia", in a thrilling encounter, the nation had their very first triumph after the first game draw.

Talking to the manager (Jun Steffanson) of the Ofasvalian national team, we asked how he felt everyone did, he stated:
"Everyone did their job well enough you could say, it is only our second game, ever, so I think everyone still had a few nerves, we do thank our great leader for allowing us to be here, and we hope he is pleased with our recent performance, though I expect the team to play even better in the next few games as we know how we play and what to look out for."

We also talked to Takara Østergaard, the 18-year-old centre mid of the national team. We asked if he had anything specific to say about the performance.
"Yeah, I have one thing to say," He said, "I think the entire team needs to work a bit harder to understand each other, we need to learn each other's style of play, we would've won by at least 2 or more goals if we did, I bet, but we still didn't know each others style of play."

After the game, the entire nation of Ofasval exploded into celebration, Flags waved, fans cheered, jersey's worn, the nation loved every second of Ofasval's game. The great leader decided it would be fit for a parade, tanks flying flags, jerseys flown in the air, with the team getting to be the grand centre of it all. After the parade was all said and done, the great leader personally congratulated the players and gave them a bit of 'advice' as he stated, as the great leader himself played football when he was young. Though we don't have any idea to what the 'advice' was, we're sure it was light-hearted, and that the players loved every second of it.

The team as a whole announced that they are ready for the next match and are ready to put on a spectacle for the nation.
Pansexual

Transgender

Hey everyone! It's your friendly pansexual transgender here this time ruling the fine nation of Ofasval(pronounced Oh-Fas-Vol)! Glad to have found this website, I found it on http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/ A place where you can become the head director of a virtual: Marching Band, Drum Corps, Colour Guard, or Drumline! You can find me as Dreems2 head director of the LO (Lake Orion) Marching Band, the LO Winter Guard, LO Percussion and Legends!

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:24 pm

[Excerpt from the Litudinem Herald]
Maximusian National Team turns it around in Match #2

After a demoralizing defeat at the hands of Tiger Sharkistan, the Maximusian National Team was in desperate need of a victory. Thankfully for them, that is just what they got! A 3-0 blow out no less. Ashaie put up a fair fight but were rapidly overwhelmed by the Maximusian's might.

Who will forget when Brookshire headed a ball that had been kicked by McIntosh into the crossbar right between the legs of the Ashaie goalkeeper? In ten years, it can be stated with quite a bit if certainty that people will remember the fantastic chip shot by Lan right into the goal in the 40th minute. He scored it from outside the box no less. Ultimately Brookshire finished out the night with a fantastic curved shot in the 72nd minute. All in all, it was a night to remember.

"I couldn't believe my eyes." said Maximusian fan, Alden Herrick, "The Boys turned it around, I couldn't believe it. I still can't believe it. I hope to GOD this isn't a dream!"

Johan Vanderbilt, Maximusian Goalie, was even caught on record saying, "I had no fun. The ball never came within 30 meters of me." While this was an exaggeration, his point still stands. A goalie was hardly needed in this match.

"I couldn't be more proud of my Boys!" Exclaimed Head Coach, Vincent Alfonsi, "They did it! They played exactly how they said they would play: Like the champions that they are! I am so glad that the world has gotten a chance to see LOM at its very best."

This victory puts the National Team in 2nd for their group, 1 behind Tiger Sharkistan. Next Match will be against North Miklik, let's hope they can keep up the momentum. Until then, Go LOM!
The Republic of Libertas Omnium Maximus
(Representative Democracy; Established 1837)
The Litudinem Herald|NationStates Resume|Libertas Omnium Maximus Wiki

Robostania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Robostania » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:07 pm

ROBOSTANIA 1–2 Balqia

P Group 11             Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Flaw 2 2 0 0 3 1 +2 6
2 Alluersia 2 1 0 1 3 2 +1 3
3 Balqia 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 3
4 ROBOSTANIA 2 0 0 2 2 5 −3 0

ROBO NEWSPAPER

ROBOSTANIA loses all two matches of BOF. the fans get enraged because of the worst performance in the BoF . the fans are destroying all offices of robosports in the nation. about 5467 people were arrested and 13 were killed... ROBOSTANIAN PM alexa cheetiya came to eastfield lodge to see the matches. Alexa was a former footballer and currently womans team coach...
☵ ROBOSTANIA ☵
The Perfect Corporatocracy: RoboCorp Inc.
⛊ The Esportivan Undertakers ⛊

Alluersia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Alluersia » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:24 am

The mid-afternoon air was chilly, being a rather cool summers day Sam Dalve walked past many of the young footballers who were hire to be part of the Alluersian team, he stood idly by as they went through their paces and drills. He would jot down a few notes here and there, and comment a word or two with one of the coaches aiding in the practice. Once and a while he would look around the practice fields and would observe any West Guianan National police who were doing their patrols, it was no secret to anyone that Sam hated the WG National Police for how they arrested his father forty years ago. His fathers crime, one would ask? Assembling a national squad for the then, Republic of Southern Legalese, his father was charged with conspiracy against the state and supporting terrorists. Then again many in Alluersia hold a negative view towards not only the national police but the government of West Guiana as a whole, many still angry over the 1980-83 war and the many military incursions into the region to size control over one town or another.

Behind him he had not noticed another man, tall and slender wearing a simple suite and tie but the mans presences he could feel. Turning around he glanced a look at the man and turned his attention back to the players, simply he said, "Ye Mr. Allerson, I will say that so far you have found many good players despite your utter lack of knowledge of the sport. Your two coaches you've found have told me in great detail of the fact you didn't understand what a yellow or red card was."

Mr. Allerson walked closer and took out a e-tablet to write down any notes as well, along with checking any e-mails. "Well yes I am ignorant of the game by a fair margin, after all I did live in Port Salem for quite a few years before returning to Je'Kara. I never played soccer, but football, one year for the famed University of port Salem Anchor team." Allerson said all this with a fond smile on his face, which was soon replaced with a questionable look after turning towards Sam, "What?"

Sam shaking his head in disgust, only in West Guiana and Guianans' call football, soccer. "Nothing,..no..I'm surprised that some one like yourself who claims to be born and bread in Alluersia and proud to have Legaite blood uses the word soccer when describing this sport. Surly some one like your self would know that the only people around here who use that word are the Guianans. And they aren't very popular either."

Putting his hands in his pocket he holds out a paper for Sam to take a gander at, "Before I give this to you, must I remind you like so many have before, you yourself was born in a St. Johns hospital and lived in St. Johns for nine years. Further it isnt the Guianan people who are holding us back it's the government of De'Cader. Anyway i've reached a deal with Rem Jouhnson and the NPSL as a whole."

Taking a quick drink of water Sam spites it out in pure amazement, and quickly snatches the document from Daves hands. Carefully reading through most of it he smilies and makes a small yet noticeable leap in the air. For the first time ever both the NPSL and WG Soccer will allow a national squad from Alluersia to legally enter a international competition. "Wow,..I..I..I uh mean how'd you get their permission, no one ever has?:"

Gleefully Dave replies, "Lets just show I have some connections with-in WG Soccer, however the bad news is. While we will be playing under the colors and flag of Alluersia, eighty precent of all income we bring in will go into their coffers."

Nodding at what he's hearing, he is not a fan of the income agreement but after all of this news only one question is on his mind, "So...does anyone know how our great and glorious President De'Cader is taking this news?"

Dave brings up the news on his phone and shows Sam the current headline, De'Cader Government files suite against WG Soccer...Nation outraged over WG Soccer decision.

"So, since he has stacked the courts in his favour how long do we have this freedom?"

"Well Sam, I have my lawyers on this as well and their predictions are all the same, De'Cader will get his injunction by days end and the courts will rule in favor of his government before the end of the week."

Throwing the papers in the ground and yells, "OF FUCKING COURSE! FUCK THAT PEice." Lowering his voice as not to draw the attention of the gathering NPs, "Fuck, him he and that fucking government do everything to hold us back, this team will be playing aboard and I don't give a shit what his gestapo does to me." Drawing himself closer to Dave and whispers in his ear, "Has Jeorge contacted you about his plans?"

Stepping back from Sam, Dave nods and replies, "Does President Haggord know about his nephews plans?"

"More and less not, the NPs and NIA(national intelligence administration) have his home on twenty-four hour surveillance, he can't take a shit with out them knowing."

Dave looking at the time, "Well I hope you have your fun here and stop drawing the attention of anymore NPs', I have other things I still need to do today."

Walenstein
Secretary

Founded: Apr 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Walenstein » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:15 am

Walensteiner Broadcasting Corporation Sport

19:34 February 8th, 2019
By: Emanuel Radnitzer, senior football correspondant

Walenstein triumphs over Zuiopien 3-0

#WALvZUI

‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌Image Walenstein‌‌‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌3 - 0‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌Zuiopien Image ‌‌ ‌‌Image ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌

‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌N. Ludwig '8 ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌
‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌O. Severin '56 [PK]
‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌‌ ‌N. Ludwig '74
‌‌FT

PARLIAMENT STADIUM, EASTFIELD LODGE --

Surely nobody expected such a one-sided affair, but look at the scoreline! The Walensteiner side managed to bring down BoF group nine leaders Zuiopen in a shocking 3-0 victory, securing Walenstein's position at the top of the table with 4 points. Alanikka suffered a 2-0 defeat to Najaf earlier in the day, therefore leaving Walenstein a single point cushion over now number 2 Zuiopien.

Right from the first kick-off, Walenstein showed fierce offensive drive, firing off three shots on goal in the first five minutes.

In the 8th minute, striker #11 Nikolaus Ludwig won a header in the box delivered to him off a corner kick, and nustled the ball right over Zuiopien's keeper and into the net to give Walenstein an early 1-0 lead, for his first goal of the competition. Despite showing poor form in yesterday's fixture against Alanikka, and being subbed off, the striker from FC Gladenhofen redeemed himself and justified his starting position on the team sheet.

Walenstein would concede 2 free kicks mid-pitch in the first half, but recieved no bookings - the rest of the half was uneventful and had little chances for either side.

Disaster would strike for Zuiopien's defence in the second half. In the 52nd minute, Oliver Severin recieved a lob pass from teammate Matthias Merten at the edge of the box, and proceeded to move further into the penalty box. Sloppy defending from Zuiopien would ensue, as a fullback decided bring down Severin with a late challenge, denying Walenstein a clear goal oppurtunity.

The referee brought the game to a halt, and pointed to the spot, generating cheers from the crowd. Seeming conflicted as to what punishment to issue the offender, the referee went down pitch and consulted VAR for several minutes. With his decision made, he shows his red card to the offender, sending him off despite massive booing coming from Zuiopien supporters and the team's protestations. The situation began to look grim for for Zuiopien, with a penalty kick against them about to be taken, and being forced to play with ten men for the rest of the game.

As the referee blows his whistle for the spot-kick, Severin would take several steps back, and take the strike with a run up. Sending the keeper the wrong way, he buries home the ball in the left corner and extends Walenstein's lead to 2-0, providing his side the insurance goal they sought after.

Walensteiner manager Amadeus Klausmann used the team's three substitutions in the 63rd, 69th, and 72nd minutes. LM Linus Wendel was switched out with Fred Kaspar, Peter Georg with Bjorn Gereon, and Matthias Merten with Christian Torben.

In the '74th minute, Nikolaus Ludwig would intercept an attempted long pass by Zuiopien, and break loose from the defenders, although being chased closely. With one getting too close for comfort, Ludwig used his right hand to hold off the defender for long enough to take a banger of a strike with his left foot from 34 yards out. Despite the keeper getting his hands on it, the ball rebounded into the net, extending Walenstein's lead to 3-0, and put the final nail in the coffin for the Zuiopien side.

Ludwig would get another 2 shots off before added time at the end of the second half, hoping for his hat-trick, but being denied every time. A minute before full time, Ludwig got a header off in a dangerous position, only to be denied again by Zuiopien's keeper.

As the match ended 3-0 with the official's whistle, the Walensteiner travelling fans burst with happiness and joy - they had just witnessed the first international victory of the Walensteiner team!

20:15 February 8th, 2019
By: Emanuel Radnitzer, senior football correspondant

Walenstein's Manager Amadeus Klausmann praised at press conferance

EASTFIELD LODGE --

Following Walenstein's descisive victory over group leaders Zuiopien 3-0, Amadeus Klausmann recieved praise from pundits for his efforts in overhauling Walenstein's defense seemingly overnight and proving the efficiancy of the 4-4-2 diamond formation.

He was first asked how he felt about Friday's match.

"To be honest, going into this fixture, we were expecting a tightly contested match with our defence being streched to the limits as last time, however that ended not being the case. I personally attribute that to our wonderful midfield and running backs, who managed to use the width of the 4-4-2 diamond perfectly and stopped almost all Zuiopien pushes, before moving the ball upfield to the CAM or strikers and going on a full on counter-offensive. I feel the changes to the starting 11 I made coming into this game were justified, especially Viktor starting as CDM, and therefore will keep this squad throughout the group stage as the younger lads are trained to use 4-4-2 more efficiantly."

Asked about the team's plans during the day break tomorrow, before embarking on quadruple header of fixtures, the coach responded as such:

"The lads will be able to rest up tomorrow and sleep in as reward for their preformance in the first two matches! No wake up call until 12:00, haha. Other than that, we'll train on the pitch as usual in the afternoon, and the administration will be busy discussing plans for sunday's fixture."

A journalist brought up Linus Wendel, who was subbed off in the 62nd minute after seemingly overextending and going down during a shoulder-to-shoulder encounter with a Zuiopien midfielder, before limping off the pitch.

"I can assure you, our physician Dr. Grünberg is assesing Wendel's condition as we speak. She will issue a press release once the initial diagnosis is in, but as of now I can confirm two things: Wendel will miss tomorrow's practice and likely the upcoming fixture, however the injury doesn't appear to be serious at this time."

And lastly, as usual, he was asked his thoughts on Sunday's upcoming fixture against Najaf.

"One of Najaf's strengths is their defence. I've watched the team play today's match against Alanikka, their top-class defence denied several sure goals for Alanikka, and I feel breaking through it will be key to success in our upcoming fixture. The boys will hopefully assume a more offensive style during the game. 3 points is a possibility, which would give us that breathing space at the top of the table we need right now, and I'm sure our lads have enough in them for a victory."

Join us sunday at 17:30 for full coverage of the BoF Group 9 fixture Wlaenstein v. Najaf!
Königreich Walenstein | The Kingdom of Walenstein
WA Ambassador: Mr. Casper Reinmann

TV Walenstein 1 Aktuell English | Neufeld Stock Exchange closes 23 points down amid fears of impending central bank interest rate hikes | Walensteiner WA Ambassador expresses severe concerns over alleged WA overreach in exclusive interview | Ministry of Transport announces further construction of 458 KM of unrestricted autobahn in 2019 |

Walenstein Embassy Programme | Neufeld International Airport (WIP!)

Bysantia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bysantia » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:14 am

The old man slowly stood up from his cozy chair and turned off the screen. He put his hands behind his back and walked towards the balcony. The view over the garden with snow-peaked mountains on the background was breathtaking. He closed his eyes, his expression blank. He could hear water flowing bellow and wind softly touching the leaves. He could also hear a very distant noise. It sounded like a roar... A cheerful roar... He took a deep breath and a faint hint of smile crossed his face. The moment was interrupted by steps from inside the room. "- My Emperor, the bath is ready".

Grod Island
Lobbyist

Founded: May 09, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Grod Island takes on Emaran

Postby Grod Island » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:39 am

After Grod Island beat Geektopia in a comfortable 1-0 win, The Purple Princes are ready to take on table toppers Emaran. "We are confident that we will be able to beat Eraman. We have tasted success in the tournament till now and we will surely continue to win" said Captain Mateo Lopez. Lopez had scored the only goal for the Grodian team in their victory against Geektopia.

"We knew it, we'll beat Geektopia. After all how can geeks know how to play football!" said a smiling Nick Lang, the team's striker. On their match against Emaran he said "It will be a tough game. Both the teams have played well, but we are confident that we can win this match."

Grod Island will take on Emaran next. The winner of the match will top the table. For more updates, stay tuned to Grod News.

GROD NEWS
Everything Grodian, is what we know!

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:59 am

RR Sport Daily with Thaissa Cavalcanti

"Good evening, i am Thaissa Cavalcanti, and i am here to bring you the latest sports news all around the multiverse."

"The Anturian football team, who, for the first time participated in an international football tournament, was defeated by North Quadana by a margin of 3-1, solidifying Antahbrantahstan's 2nd place in the group 3 table. while it may seem to be just a normal loss, lots of Anturians are unhappy about it. Especially as the Anturian national team has defeated Aplon a day before."

"Most people, who praised the Anturian football team as if they were national heroes after defeating Aplon, immediately turned their backs and made degrading insults to the national football team both in social media, and in public. Even some people wanted the Anturian head coach, to quit or resign from his job immediately."

"Not all people are mad, though, there are also lots of people who are sympathetic regarding the Anturian football team, with lots of people, including famous figures, defending the Anturian football team on social media."

"In an interview, Eliana Karim, the singer said..."

"I do not think that we should blame the team on social media, especially their coach, i'm sure the players, the coach, and, um, everyone on team, are obviously working hard to make sure that we gained lots of, um, wins, however, of course, everyone on the team is human, and humans make mistakes. The football team is competing in an international level for the first time, it has a different feeling because, you, as a player, are ambassadors to the world, and of course, they might have a hard time, to, um, adjust their surroundings, especially since Ethane and Eastfield Lodge, as a whole, is different from Antahbrantahstan, so, what matters right now is that we keep supporting them as right now, what they need is moral support."

"Going back, The match between us and North Quadana did not give us a win, but right now, we have only one opponent left, which is Vartugia, and as a result, a win is hoped by everyone around Antahbrantahstan. Especially football fans who need to stay up late at night just to watch the matches, but the question is, will the Anturian football team score a win, draw, or worse, loss against Vartugia? You need to wait for the actual match. In the meanwhile, Antahbrantahstan, fighting~"
Farhana Nariswari Wisandana | Audrey Vanessa Susilo | Yasinta Aurellia | Lulu Zaharani Krisna Widodo | Ritassya Wellgreat Waynands

Alanikka
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Alanikka » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:06 am

Alanikka Did an Opsie

Thats it lol

North Quadana
Attaché

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby North Quadana » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:22 am

Exclusive interview with Oyakawa Senzo

Hello, Mr.Senzo
Hello.

3 goals in 2 matches. Pretty impressive for a first time on the international stage.
I don't much of it. The goals come natural to me.

Would you say that this tournament has exceeded expectations?
When we arrived, I expected to win. But if we are serious, I am very pleased with how the things are going now. The morale in the team is very high at the time and we couldn't be more happy about the results.

What made you get into football?
I think it was my family. My dad was a big fan of the sport. My brothers played football, so it seemed like it was the right option.

And here you are now.
Here I am.

What was the most interesting moment in your career?
That's a hard one. Um, I think... it might be... the time our team won in the regionals. I was 16 at the time and we had just won the regionals and the team went partying. The evening went on and we ended up in a bar on the other side of the town. Needless to say we got in a lot of trouble for being drunk at that age.

Did the coach know?
I sure hope not.

How did you get to this level in your career? Not a lot of players achieve stardom.
There are a lot of reasons. When I was young, I would wake up at 5.30 and go on a jog before school and my mom always asked me "Oyakawa, why are you so sweaty?" when I was eating breakfast. My family has also helped me through my career. I've had rough patches in my playing time and when I feel down, my family is there for me. Once a long time ago, while I was still playing in the 4th tier, I forgot my water bottle on the kitchen counter at home, but luckily my mom was home. And then she drove over 50 miles in just an hour.

Sounds like a close call.
I've had multiple of those in my time. More than I care to admit.

You've got a game against Apl0n this sunday. how would you rate your chances?
I am confident in this team. We are first in the group for a reason. The players are going to give out their best on the pitch this sunday.

That's where we conclude this interview. Good luck.
Thanks, you too.

Bysantia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Group Stage About to End

Postby Bysantia » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:16 am

Bysantian times

Two out of two, we expected no less
by Klavus Titus

Here comes another day and yet another win for our highly praised team! The game might not have been the most exciting, but it is the result that matters. This time around Alexander Krammer chose a different tactics. Play from defense. Team played extra cautious and very reluctant not to give control of the ball to Holy Marsh. Opponents played in the same style as in their first game - diving hard into attacks - but could do little to penetrate well-organised and skillful defense. There were only 3 shots on goal from their side throughout the whole game. That does not mean that Bysantians were doing much better on that regard with only 5 shots on goal. The match was decided on 67' when after yet another Holy Marsh's attack Tranio Cecilius intercepted the ball and passed to Basil Plius. Basil impressed the crowd with a lightning 45 meter spurt, outrunning defenders and creating a 3 on 1 situation. He then passed to Luis Popero who in turn forwarded the ball to Flavius Pinto bypassing the keeper. Flavius softly put the ball into an empty net. The remainder of the match was uneventful. Our ranks stood firm against opponents attempts to equalize. 1-0.

Later Alexander Krammer attended the after match conference and here is an exempt from it:
We played our football, we were in control and we scored a win. I'm proud of my guys and we would keep up the good work. Next match promises to be the decider for #1 place in a group. We would need to play like we did before and we would need your support.

Let's look at the current standings

Bysantia has guaranteed a place in playoffs. Yet the final match promises to be the hardest to date. Pratapgadh proved to be a capable team. Their 5-2 victory over Holy Marsh was very impressive and their defense in the game against Soviet Micronesia proved formidable. And i suspect their motivation would be as high as possible too as they have not yet secured a place in top 2 of the group. That said, i think it is well within our team's grasp to get a win and complete group stage in a flawless manner. Stay tuned. Hail Imperator!

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:05 am

A Slip vs Monsaw

Somewhere in Ethane - A soggy pitch saw a soggy result for the boys in Maroon. A 2-1 loss to the Monsaw side sees the Maroons in last but not by much. Monsaw lead with an unusually aggressive opening stint that saw them keep possession in 4 of the first 7 minutes. While we had been talking about the improved handling skills of the Maroons, Monsaw was the one who showed up to dribble. Possesion arrows were pointing at monsaw so frequently it was like they did a bad deed that Xanneria got blamed for. Despite that, it still only ended in a one goal game thanks to the hard work of York IFC goalie Jefferson. Jefferson stopped all of Monsaw's goal attempts but it was the penelty kicks that did in Xanneria, with Monsaw getting two of them and converting both. But the star of the show in Ethane was the weather. It had been windy and cloudy (which makes Jefferson's performance even more amazing) and about 40 minutes into the game a deluge engulfed the pitch. for the next 50 minutes players soaked in water had to try and keep upright on a slick pitch. for what its worth Monsaw did well and kept upright more than the Xannerians. in the end the effecincy of the Monsaw PK's kept them in the lead and in the end the weather stopped any more scoring chances. A 2-1 loss leaves Xanneria slowly lagging behind leader Monsaw who is the only team to win a game in this group.

Also of note was FLOX president Jermaine Jermani, who in a statement condemned the extreme violence of the ROBOSTANIAN people after riots left thousands of people in jail and dozens dead. he went on to say he is banning matches between ROBOSTANIA and Xanneria, and would like to encourage others to do so untill the people of ROBOSTANIA can calm down. Now word on a ROBOSTANIA response. Meanwhile the next game for Xanneria is a pivotal game versus Bresanie who just drew 0-0 with Pineapple Porcupines early in similar wet conditions.

XANNERIA -1

Gordin - 20

MONSAW - 2

??? - 13
??? - 31
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:09 pm

All Pratapgadh Sports News

Football
26th August 2021

Pratapgadh's match with Soviet Micronesia results in a draw

Written by Sheela Govekar

This was supposed to be an easy match for Pratapgadh, but Pratapgadh wasn't able to break the defences of Soviet Micronesia. Now Pratapgadh can't risk losing the next match. So let's hope Pratapgadh does better against Bysantia.

Pratapgadh weren't able to break through Soviet Micronesia's defences, but our team's defence was tough too. Nishant Joshi had an opportunity, but the shot was too high. Pratapgadh fans were cheering a lot during the match. Can't say much about the match, Pratapgadh's defence, fans cheered a lot, and the team could have won if Soviet Micronesia's defence wasn't that great.

Though I can talk a lot about Bysantia. I have seen all the group matches, and Bysantia is probably my second favourite to win Baptism of Fire. First is, of course, Pratapgadh. They defeated Soviet Micronesia, 4 to 1. And they defeated Holy Marsh, one to nill. Paul Smidt is such a good goalkeeper, till now, he has only let one goal go past him. Both Flavius Pinto and Luis Popero have scored many goals for Bysantia, and the defence is just excellent

Bysantia might be a tough team, but we aren't weak either. Whatever the result, best of luck to our team for their next match.

सभी प्रतापगढ़ खेल समाचार

फ़ुटबॉल
२६ अगस्त २०२१

कोई नहीं विजय हुआ

शीला गोवेकर द्वारा लिखित

यह प्रतापगढ़ के लिए एक आसान मैच माना जाता था, लेकिन प्रतापगढ़ सोवियत माइक्रोनेशिया के गढ़ को तोड़ने में सक्षम नहीं था। अब प्रतापगढ़ अगला मैच हारने का जोखिम नहीं उठा सकता। तो चलिए आशा करते हैं कि प्रतापगढ़ बिसेंटिया के खिलाफ बेहतर करता है।

प्रतापगढ़ सोवियत माइक्रोनेशिया के बचाव के माध्यम से तोड़ने में सक्षम नहीं थे, लेकिन हमारी टीम की रक्षा भी कठिन थी। निशांत जोशी के पास एक अवसर था, लेकिन शॉट बहुत अधिक था। मैच के दौरान प्रतापगढ़ के प्रशंसक बहुत खुश थे। मैच के बारे में बहुत कुछ नहीं कह सकता, प्रतापगढ़ की रक्षा, प्रशंसकों ने बहुत खुश किया, और टीम जीत सकती थी अगर सोवियत माइक्रोनेशिया की रक्षा इतनी महान नहीं थी।

हालांकि मैं Bysantia के बारे में बहुत बात कर सकता हूं। मैंने ग्रुप के सभी मैच देखे हैं, और बैसेंटिया संभवतः बैपटिज्म ऑफ फायर जीतने के लिए मेरा दूसरा पसंदीदा है। सबसे पहले, प्रतापगढ़। उन्होंने सोवियत माइक्रोनेशिया को 4 से 1. पराजित किया और उन्होंने पवित्र मार्श को हराया, एक को शून्य। पॉल स्मिड्ट इतने अच्छे गोलकीपर हैं, अब तक, उन्होंने केवल एक ही गोल किया है। फ्लेवियस पिंटो और लुइस पोपेरो दोनों ने बिसेंशिया के लिए कई गोल किए हैं, और डिफेंस सिर्फ उत्कृष्ट है

Bysantia एक कठिन टीम हो सकती है, लेकिन हम कमजोर भी नहीं हैं। परिणाम जो भी हो, हमारी टीम को उनके अगले मैच के लिए शुभकामनाएं।

(OOC: I had to google translate these words cause I didn't have any time in my hand. So most of the Hindi words here probably don't make sense :p )
Cricket Rankings
  • Test Cricket: 11th (out of 12)
  • ODI: 25th (out of 48)
  • T20I: 12th (out of 39)
Cricket Stats

Updated on 28 February, 2021 (15:51 NZT)
Sarvatra Vijay (Victory Everywhere)
Pratapgadh Domestic Sportswire

Ancherion
Attaché

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancherion » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:05 pm

Ancherion's Trial of Fire Part 2

Dear Faithful Readers,

It has been a few days since I beat up a player from the Tiiwark National Team and I have not been caught at all. I have calmed down from the exhilarating rush I had at the end of the first match. I understand that not winning is not the end of the world for anyone, you just have to jump back and learn from the mistakes. It was their first match ever on international soil so you can't expect much honestly, everyone wants good results and finish in a high position but you don't always get what you want without trying.

The day comes for the second ever match for Ancherion, it was against Baranil, who had previously drew 1-1 against our other group opponent, Uan aa Boa. I didn't know what to expect, it seemed like Baranil played a very offensive game, having a 3-3-4 formation, however, in the actual match they only scored one goal, which is questioning whether it was just Uan aa Boa's defence being good, or if Baranil has very bad offensive players on the team who can't score. We learnt the answer to this question during the match, it was the former in this case.

We were at King Iqbal II Stadium this time round, the stadium was nicer and bigger as well, which was good because the atmosphere around the stadium felt way more powerful compared to the first match. We made one change between the matches which was Lexi Donnelly was put onto the bench for Kolos Haynes, which was a good swap for the boss, Alberto Di Mouri, since Donnelly didn't have a good performance and made too many mistakes, hopefully she can regain the Boss's trust and pounce back into the starting lineup.

The match started and it was fairly even, for the first 15 minutes it was mainly Baranil having the ball and attacking but our defence, mainly Sikim Arts and Timothy Blackard been a solid wall and not letting anything past. By the 19th minute the defence eventually broke down and had conceded a goal as a striker had played a ball through the defence and Reider picked it up and scored a goal as he wasn't seen by the defence and slipped past gracefully. It didn't end there, they kept on attacking and we conceded another similar goal in the 25th minute, it wasn't going well for Ancherion, they had only two chances by this time and it wasn't getting any better. The team was just completely taken apart and then conceded a third goal in the 38th minute.

It was half-time and the players went off into the tunnel without showing much hope for anyone, I could see fans around me all being sad, there was even a kid crying, it really hurt me seeing this and was just hoping Di Mouri had some kind of plan to rectify it, we have already conceded three goals in the previous match and we have 3 in this match already and it has only been half the match. At the start of the 2nd half, before the kick-off, we made some changes, we had Kyron Brown come on for Moran and Nabil Shepherd for Indin Salivlo, whilst also changing the formation to 5-3-2 with Shepherd in defence instead of midfield, which was a bold move since we never knew they had such a formation. For about the first 10 minutes nothing much happened but then, Ancherion was on the counter attack somehow. Arts moved the ball forward onto the wing where Habajanic was waiting as dribbled across the wing, with no defence in danger of interfering, he passed the ball to Kaur as he slotted one for Ancherion, finally we had a goal. It didn't stop there as Fuller ran through the defence by himself and put one past the keeper in the 61st minute. This seemed very promising for us and the stadium became very intense, fans of both teams were chanting in unison as the match grew more intense towards the latter part of the match.

However, Baranil eventually replied in the 76th minute with a goal that pretty much sealed the match as a win to Baranil or at least a point for them. I had no hope in Ancherion somehow pulling another 3 goals in the final 20 minutes of the match to secure a victory. In the 86th minute, Fuller scored another goal with a through ball from Habajanic, it didn't mean much at all but it does count to our goal difference in case we do have a tie in term of points by the end of the group stage.

That was the end of the match, we come out of it, being the losers after a 4-3 puts us in 3rd now after Uan aa Boa beat Tiiwark 5-2 in there match today. This does not sound well for us since we face Uan aa Boa who have seem to had a great match and will be looking to continue that form.

Good bye and thank you for reading, until the next time.

Rosters:
Ancherion
Morgan Benly
Kolos Haynes
Sikim Arts
Trym Moran
Timothy Blackard
Mario Habajanic (a. 55th, a. 86th)
Semun Kewell
Indin Salivlo
Richard Holdon
Mamadou Kaur (55th)
Joris Fuller (61st, 86th)

Kyron Brown (<- Moran)
Nabil Shepherd (<- Indin Salivlo)

Baranil
#01 Bjorn Sorsby
#02 Pontius Fredriksson
#14 Gunter Carlssen
#03 Tjorvi Karlsson
#07 Eilif Dunfjallsson
#05 Stefan Loof
#06 Ulfljot Arnsteinsson
#36 Runar Aaserud
#09 Hakan Reidar
#11 Osvald Thorbergsson
#10 Arye Hanss

Bohr
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bohr » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Bohr picks up win over Sajnur, Takes pole position in Group E

When Bohr entered the Baptism of Fire, their skill was questioned. Did this team have what it takes to stand on an international stage like this? Right now, the answer seems to be leaning yes. Bohr beat Sajnur, 2-1, on the back of an incredible performance by Finn Williams. Williams scored 2 goals in the 65th and 73rd minutes to snatch the lead from Sajnur, who originally got it on a beautiful sequence ending in another Andre Naulo goal (his fourth in two games). As coach Luis Cesare (who is only 3 years older than Williams) said, "I'm glad we have a talent like him on our team, but it is a worrying trend. Our entire goal defensively was to stop Naulo, and he still found passes from Siafik and Tule; we got bailed out by Drew's goalkeeping. I'm definitely happy with the win, but it was a game that could've gone either way." Sajnur controlled the ball 58% of the game and had about as many chances as Bohr did to score, but just couldn't quite finish. Bohr now faces the still rosterless Ekamijan, who are yet to score; they're the only team in the way of a perfect first round. A great statement for a new team like this.

Balqia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Sports Channel cover of the Baptism of fire

Postby Balqia » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:26 pm

Sport Report: Baptism of fire edition

A blond man in blue suit with white stripes appears in the screen, in his back an enormous sports stadium appears, and with a nervous smile starts to talk.
- H-hello Balqia, my name is Markus Petriq, reporting directly from the Stadium where our last game have took place. Our team have reached its first victory in the Baptism of fire and it’s trying to recover after the first defeat. The government have only emitted our Traveling Permissions after the end of the first match, so we couldn’t cover it for you people, however Mr Kruma, the assistant manager accepted to be interviewed by us. So, enjoy the interview and see you later!
The camera changes to a old man in a armchair, he is in the middle ages and is overweight, the brown mustache that he display contrasts with the thin grey hair in the sides of his head. He smiles while looking at the camera, however is a feminine voice that speaks.
- Hello Mr Kruma, is an honor to have you here.
-The honor is mine miss.
-So Mr Kruma, could you talk about the game with Flaw?
-You can call me Ladislav honey. And yes, I could and I will. Before the game even started we had some problems with Stefano, the Goalkeeper, he was ill, apparently some of the clamps he eated were a little rotten, so we needed to replace him with Erivan. We were also a bit sad because the match wouldn’t be shown in Balqia. When the game started the coach gave a speak and the players went to the field.
-Some rumors say that the team was sabotaged. Do you believe that?
-Oh no, no, no. That’s just a rumor. Now let me continue, yes? I must say that the national anthem made us all cry of joy and pride of our nation, after it finished we take some time to recover from the tears. I have never seen so many prou…
-Could you talk about the match please?
-O-of course… the match. Our team was incredible, the first thirty minutes were harsh, both sides advanced and retreated, Balto almost made a goal, but he missed the goal. Well, after that the enemy advanced, they had changed positions, from a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3, and started to focus in the middle field. And then it came, the number… 9(!?) shirt passed the ball to the number 5 that was in the side of the goal. Vilan tried to intercept it but the goddammit number 5 was quicker, took the ball and kicked to the goal so quick that Erivan didn’t even saw it. The rest of the first half of the game was spent trying to advance, without success.
-Did you change tactics or players in the second half?
-Yes, we went from the 4-4-2 to the 4-3-3. So the second half started with both sides focused in offensive. So we made a goal in the tenth minute. Qalti advanced with the ball right to the goal, you could feel the determination, he was running like a rabbit after seeing a wolf, the enemy tried to stop him effortlessly, and when he arrived the goal he kicked it in the right upper corner, their goalkeeper however jumped to the left.
-Did you made some change in the formation?
-No, we stayed focused in attack, so we could made another goal and then defend until the end. However they changed to a defensive tactic and, well, it was a hard game, we almost made another goal but we injured one of their players and Egliti took a yellow card. The game continued to be inconclusive until…
- Until…?
-Well, in the last minute they advanced and their 5º made another goal, I swear to you, I didn’t see that guy even approaching the goal, he was just there and a middlefield went from, well, the middlefield to the goal area and passed him the ball, so their five advanced and made the goal in the last fifteen seconds.
-So, what you think caused our lost to Flaw?
-Well, we were a bit demoralized before the game as I said, and their offensive was incredible, and oh my god, that goddammit number five was just…incredible, I must have a talk with their trainer before we go back home.
-Well, that was all Mr Kruma. Thanks for your time.
-As I said before the honor was mine.
The sports channel logo appears in the screen as it transitions back to a blond reporter in a striped blue suit however this time he appears to be in the inside of the stadium.
-H-hello, Markus Petriq here talking directly to our national team, they just recovered and are able to give us a exclusive interview.
He walks to a door where it’s written “Lockers room” in a metal board and right under it a paper sheet with “Kluha Szba” printed. As he enters the viewer can see the Balqian National Team aligned, using identical white t-shirts with the national team logo, their hairstyle is the exactly same military model. One of them, a tall man, with black hair and green eyes, take a step ahead and made a salute.
-I am Narvos Balq, and will be speaking by the team today.
The reporter seems intimidated by the tone of his voice, however he come to the side of the man, what causes him to appears smaller in comparison to the player.
-S-so Mr Balq, how are you feeling after this great victory against Robostania?
-I am very proud, however this victory is not enough to the glory our great nation deserves, and server merely as a retribution to the defeat we suffered in the other match.
-Could you talk about the match? How it was, how did you felt?
-The match was difficult, great pressure was put upon our shoulders as we needed to recover from a bad beginning. I was, as my companions, feeling that victory was not a wish, but a duty to the nation. The first half was the most harsh, their team was very good, they even made a goal, and that was terrorizing. During the break the coach said to us “During the next 45 minutes you will win this game or you will never see another football camp in your life”. That was very inspiring to us, so during the second half we gave everything we had to turn the game around, this time focusing on making as most goals were possible.
-Pardon me, but the coach wasn’t threatening you, was he?
-Oh no, he was just kidding, he have this sort of humor. He just said that because football isn’t a very popular sport in Balqia, that’s all.
-O-oh, okay. So our time with the National Team comes to an end and we will go back to the normal programmation, thanks Narvos.
-You’re welcome.
-And thank you for being with us. See you later.
The sports channel logo returns to the screen, but this time it changes to a national volleyball competition. However this doesn’t concern us and you turn off the TV.
Last edited by Balqia on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
69th Baptism of Fire - 2nd Place;
82th World Cup - 5th place of group 6;
83th World Cup - 4th place of group R;
84th World Cup - 5th place of group 11;
85th World Cup - 4th place of group 6.

English isn't my native language. If you see any gramatical error in my RPs, please let me know.

Grod Island
Lobbyist

Founded: May 09, 2018

Exclusive Interview of Liam Fletcher

Postby Grod Island » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:42 pm

THE GRODIAN EXPRESS

The Grodian Express' interviewer Julius Flickerman has gone to the nation of Eastfield Lodge to take an interview of the 18 year old striker Liam Fletcher. Liam Fletcher has been a young sensation ever since his first international. Every girl of Grod Island has a crush on this young handsome football prodigy. Here is the interview of him by Flickerman.

How are you feeling after having a good run in the tournament?
Liam: Of course I am feeling great. We have beaten Dritten Asopie and Geektopia. We're confident that we can beat them too.

What do you think about your brace in the first match?
Liam: Those two goals were my first in a multinational tournament. I know I have scored in the ILFA Premier Division as well but this is the entire NationStates we are taking about. So obviously I am feeling great and I am confident to score more in the future.

Did you like the new manager Edward Rose? How is he different from the former manager Ian Wissa?
Liam: Yes, I've really liked Rose. He is a nice calm guy and everyone in the team likes him. Wissa was a little strict about everything. Rose is easygoing and is always ready to laugh. Even his tactics are awesome.

How was Eastfield Lodge?
Liam: I really loved Eastfield Lodge. The people here are some nice and friendly to the visitors. They've even helped us many times. Every time we go out of the hotel to roam around the city, we are greeted by smiling faces. I really loved it here.

Many football pundits have praised you and have said that you will be the greatest football legend in the world. What do you think about it?
Liam: Well, for now I don't want to think about what I will become. I just want play every game better than the one before.

Thank you Liam Fletcher. We wish you and the team,
best of luck for the upcoming matches.
Last edited by Grod Island on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiiwark
Secretary

Founded: Dec 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiiwark » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:23 am

Tiiwark Nooviinaq.tw

"We knew it would be hard against Uan aa boa, especially because Liivkas Qaalpiqq wasn't able to play, but to loose with a difference of three goals was very unexpected." That's wat Antti Swiis told us in an interview. He seemed very angry after the match. Maybe because he knew hat Tiiwark has to win with a big difference in the next match and that Uan aa boa or Baranil have to loose. After the attack on Liivkas Qaalpiqq the Tiiwarkian police informed the organizers to find the one who did it. Qaalpiqq told that he would surely help to identify the criminal and that he is very frustrated that he won't be able to represent our glorious nation in the next few matches.

Kauppi Uulaaviqq for Tiiwark Nooviinaq

I hadn't had enough time to write a better/ longer text but I hope you enjoyed it anyway. Sorry if there were mistakes in the text. I'm not from an English speaking country.
helllo. Ai aam da nattioon off TIIWARK

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:13 am

The Beginning Of A Roundabout?

The nation of Skarten was surprised a few days ago when the game against the country of Ekamijan ended with both sides not being able to score a single coal. More positive viewers saw this as an better outcome to defeat, for it meant the nation was still on par with the other in terms of points. An victory or two would surely allow them to get into a better classification, keeping Skarten into the world cup. Obviously, they would probably not be able to get to the first rank of the group, but that is not obligatory if a team wants to win.

During the time after the draw, as they waited for the next game, The Skartenian team trained heavily, albeit not to the point where it would take an physical toll on them when the next match started., of course. In particular, they would train their offense and defense, attempting to find holes in the adversary's formation and using it to strike deep into their field and go for the goal, if possible.

Back in the seats of the stadium or the homes of fans, the situation was a bit different. Some were dissapointed, of course, by the performance of the team, but seeing this had been the first cup they were on, there were more optimistic people who had an bigger degree of patience, claiming that soon enough they would be able to get into real action and conform to the international playing style, showing the Skartenian prowess. Although, sadly, those were a minority. In truth, most of the watchers of the cup were in an neutral state, simply waiting to see what would happen next.

The competition had just started, and while there were chances of Skarten being eliminated even in this first part, it would be better off to not fear those, and simply attempt to win. Perhaps, even victory of the Baptism Of Fire Cup is still within grasp of the Eastern European nation. After all, it doesn't matter your position on the starting group as long as you manage to pass into the next part. After that, that's when it begins to turn into life or death. But for now, the only choice left for the Skartenian Team is to play. To play, and to win.

Sajnur
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2018

Postby Sajnur » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:25 am

Bohr takes initiative in Group 5 with victory over Sajnur

Sajnur has suffered a setback at the Baptism of Fire, losing 2-1 to Bohr, with an Andre Naulo goal unable to counter two goals from Bohr's Finn Williams. Sajnur are now second in Group 5, and need to avoid defeat to Skarten to qualify for the knockout stages. Sajnur held 58% of possession in another entertaining game, but were unable to press the advantage, and ultimately it was Bohr who came out on top. Nevertheless, the fans got another 90 minutes of constant action, even if Bohr's fans left happier than Sajnur's.

The first half ended 0-0 once again, but was not without plenty of chances. The front three of Andre Naulo, Ahmed Nazar, and Dario Tule was again threatening, with plenty of supply from captain Jessica Siafik, but equally threatening was the Bohr strike partnership of captain Finn Williams and Ezra Serrins. The only reason the half ended without score was due to the leaping efforts of Piotr Laghiev and Noel Drew, both making several saves each. The second half saw more chances at goal, and Sajnur got the breakthrough in the 53rd minute, when an intricate passing sequence drew much of the Bohrian team to one side, before captain Siafik threaded Tule past the now isolated Dylan Bacon. Tule then whipped a cross to Naulo, who tapped the ball past Drew into the goal. Sadly, Finn Williams scored two goals in the middle of the second half, both times receiving the ball in the penalty box and negotiating defenders before shooting past Laghiev.

Jessica Siafik had another excellent game, achieving 97% passing accuracy and sending the Bohrian defence spinning repeatedly when finding the front three, whether through their line or just straight over it. Her creativity and accuracy meant that she was almost untouchable, as she was against Ekamijan. Naulo, Nazar, and Tule all found ample space in the final third, with Drew repeatedly bailing out the Bohrian defenders, and Dylan Bacon and Noah Broll had a torrid time in their fullback roles, constantly outpaced by the Sajnuran wingers. However, Sajnur saw their shots blocked frequently, and Derrick Pann and Ryan Rubin cut out plenty of crosses to help out Drew, who had to make 15 saves. Naulo did get his fourth goal of the tournament, and his sixth international goal overall, but it will be no substitute for victory.

The Sajnuran defence saw serious trouble, with Williams and Serrins using whatever gap they could find to fire a barrage of shots and the Bohr midfield able to at least attempt plenty of passes. Keon Burnett, in particular, had pace comparable to Tule on Bohr's left flank and gave Taulant Haji, who is quite the sprinter himself, plenty of trouble. David Kiral had less trouble against Ian Krone, but that was made up for by Noah Broll's marauding runs and long passes. It was the centre backs, Alan Gharici and Tomasi Vuierev, who saw the most turmoil, with the Bohrian strikers proving to eventually be a handful too many as Williams got two past Laghiev, who himself made 12 saves.

Sajnur now sits second on 3 points, behind Bohr, who are on 6 points and are up against a still unrostered Ekamijan side who should be easy pickings. Sajnur's next match of Group 5 will be against Skarten, who drew Ekamijan 0-0, with both teams sitting on one point.

Starting XI for Sajnur v Skarten

Last edited by Sajnur on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

Bysantia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

The Price of Error

Postby Bysantia » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:13 am

It is a small dim room. Four walls and a door. No windows. Table and two chairs. Room is cold and moist. The air is stale. A man sits on one of the chairs with his hands tied. He is shivering. From cold or something else - its hard to say. Silence is suddenly interrupted by the sound of distant steps. They are getting closer. The door opens and a man in Imperial Secret Service uniform steps in, holding a file in his hands. He takes the other chair.

- Are you Mr Tit Popanus?
- Yes
- Are you currently employed by the ministry of sport and entertainment in football department?
- Yes
- Were you responsible for aggregating Baptism of Fire official material and producing approved version of it for our use?
- Yes, but you have to...
- Please only answer "Yes" or "No". So the answer is?
- Yes
- Did you intentionally change the format of the competition, namely amount of matches each team would play in the group stage from six to three?
- No! I got confused by...
- Is this you signature on the BoF material conversion sign off report?
- Yes, but you have to understand! It was a mistake!
- Were you acting on your own or as part of the group?
- What? No! I...
- That is enough. Your actions has caused damage to our football team's preparation process, reputation of our media, image of Bysantian Empire in general and Emperor in particular...
- No-no-no... It wasn't intentional! I didn't mean to...
- ... hereby, by the power given to me by High Imperial Court, I sentence you to five years in labor camps...
- Please! I have kids!
- ... effective immediately.
Last edited by Bysantia on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sajnur
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2018

Postby Sajnur » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:49 am

Press Conference with Sajnur Manager Eliseo Marinon

So, Sajnur have lost 2-1 to Bohr. What do you make of this result?
EM: It is a disappointment, especially after the promise shown in the opening match against Ekamijan. I feel we played well and that we could have beaten Bohr, but things did not go our way today.

What do you think went wrong today?
EM: I don't think anything went horibly wrong, but maybe our defence could have been a bit better. Williams was well marked, but maybe he had too much space in the penalty box to shoot. That was how he scored two goals. Our players got shots off too, but Bohr got many blocks against us. Naulo did score a goal. I still feel we played as well as they did, and that we should have got at least a point.

Do you think you can beat Bohr next time?
EM: Of course. We will learn, and we will win.

How will you deal with Finn Williams? He is clearly a big problem.
EM: We mark him better, we give him less space, we keep him away from good shooting positions.

Your next match is against Skarten. Who is their biggest threat?
EM: Zajac and Mrawszke are their most important players. Zrieszko cannot do anything without them. Skarten cannot do anything without them except punt long balls. Maybe they will keep possession and thread their way past, but they still need their inside forwards for that. That is how their formation works.

Will Skarten be easy to beat?
EM: No. Of course not. They are an organised football team who packs their midfield. Scoring will be hard because it will be congested. But they are beatable. Bohr beat them 3-0. Ekamijan held them to a draw and I don't even know who their players are, but the main problem is scoring against Skarten, not conceding. If we stay sharp, if we get the tactics right, if we get the execution right, we can score against them, we can prevent the from scoring against us, we can win this match. Three points is not guaranteed, though.

How far do you think Sajnur can go?
EM: The target is victory. Yes, we are a new nation to football, but so is almost everyone else here. We are all preparing for our first qualifying campaign for the World Cup, and anyone can win. That is the nature of this competition. And I believe our team is in good form. and I believe our team can get in better form, and I believe every match that we can win.
Last edited by Sajnur on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bysantia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Note Before the Match

Postby Bysantia » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:12 am

Bysantian times

Are You Ready?
by Klavus Titus

Before going further, I have to apologize for misinformation given in our last post. We have been misled about the format of competition and thought it is only 3 games in the group while it is actually six. I have been told that the rout cause of this confusion has been identified and dealt with, so we do not expect any more issues like this.
Today we are faced against Pratapgadh and this is our lineup for the match:

We expect this match be a real test for our team's capabilities. So make sure your TV's are on and cups are full! We are in for a show tonight! Stay tuned. Hail Imperator!
Last edited by Bysantia on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:04 am

We Shall Be Ready

As time continues, the match approaches. More and more, the tension rises, as team get ready for the new round of matches of the Baptism of Fire Cup. This event is felt not only in Skarten, but also in all other nations throughout the world that decided to join this hectic sport competition. Some countries see this with event happening with less effect, some see it happening with more. But no matter what level, things are not the same as the fated game approaches. An defeat at this point does not immediately mean exclusion from the tournament, but it sure as hell can make your team be held back when added to other losses.

While that, The Skartenian team is anxious. Today will be the day when they will meet the Sajnur in field, one of the teams from Group Five. If they do not manage to win this game, their chances of taking Skarten to the Twenty Four will decrease exponentially. Indeed, if they were to lose, there would be an actual chance that Skarten would be eliminated from the cup. But they remained calm, for there was no space for errors.

According to the information available to the team, their adversaries, Sajnur, would be most likely using an more offensive formation, the most likely being the 3-4-3, which would be an good counter to the team's common strategy, the 4-3-2-1, depending on what play style they followed. This was not be something they could accept, and so the team began to change their plan. The Skartenian strategy in the game would be at the same time simple and effective, using the overall common formation of 4-3-3 to defeat the enemy's large number of Midfielders while allowing them to mount an assault of overall good numbers.

In the end, there was an strategy, and they were training. If they were able to remain calm, play rightfully and strike where it was needed, there was still an chance that they could win. After all, stranger things had happened, and Skarten, too, had faced situations harder than this. All that mattered was that they could not simply lose dishonorably, or give up. For their fatherland, they would play until their bodies gave up on them, and bring victory for their country!

Skartenian Formation

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports