NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Fire 69 - IC Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nottinhaps
Secretary

Founded: Jun 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nottinhaps » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:52 am

The Nottinhapsian Times: Nottinhaps draws, but still in Round of 24

The latest match in the Baptism of Fire sees Nottinhaps have a scoreless draw against Porabasta. Nottinhaps has now fallen to 2nd place within Group 7. Despite this, Nottinhaps has managed to get into the Round of 24, and team players remain hopeful.

When we interviewed manager Tehran Alfenso, he stated: "Well, this was not an optimal way for us to end the league. However, I'm very pleased with the team for making it so far. I hope we will be able to defeat Ancherion in the next match."

Here are some statistics so far about Nottinhaps FC.

Wins: 2 (Porabasta, Libonesia)

Draws: 3 (Kevagaria x2, Porabasta)

Losses: 1 (Libonesia)

Best Game: Nottinhaps 3 - 0 Porabasta

Worst Game: Nottinhaps 1 - 2 Libonesia

Total Goals scored: 9

Total Goals conceded: 6

Scorers:
Ian King #10: 4 goals
Andres Copeland #11: 3 goals
Ric Fortes #7: 1 goal
Dalton Najmi #9: 1 goal

Placing in Group 10: 2nd out of 4 teams

Overall Placing: 16th of 44 teams
Last edited by Nottinhaps on Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:56 am

MNN: Sports Digital
The Baptism of Fire 69 so far

As Libertas Omnium Maximus prepares to face of in the Round of 24 against Alanikka, we have decided to take stock of the National Team's accomplishments in the Baptism of Fire thus far.

Total Games played
6 (2 against Ashaie, 2 against Tiger Sharkistan, 2 against North Miklik)

Games won
3 (Ashaie, Tiger Sharkistan, Ashaie)

Games Lost
2 (Tiger Sharkistan, North Miklik)

Tied Games
1 (North Miklik)

Total Goals Scored

Total Goals Conceded

Best Game
5 goals scored, 0 conceded (LOM vs. Tiger Sharkistan, Match #4)

Worst Game
0 goals scored, 2 conceded (LOM vs. North Miklik, Match #3)

Best Scorer
Luke Brookshire (5 out of 10 goals)

Most Accurate Scorer
Brian Mueller (85% accurate)

Average Percentage of Possession (throughout all six games)
68%

Highest Possession percentage in a single game
87% (Match #4)

Worst Possession percentage in a single game
31% (Match 3)

Player with most on pitch time
Johan Vanderbilt (548 minutes over six games)

Maximusian Penalties (excluding red cards)

Total Maximusian Penalties (including red cards)

Most used Formation
4-4-2 (Traditional) (used 4 out of 6 games)

Highest Viewership (on Television, Maximusian)
Match #6 (101 Million viewers)
Last edited by Libertas Omnium Maximus on Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Republic of Libertas Omnium Maximus
(Representative Democracy; Established 1837)
The Litudinem Herald|NationStates Resume|Libertas Omnium Maximus Wiki

Uan aa Boa
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Uan aa Boa » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:56 am

THE RIFLE, HOE AND SUN
BOANI STATE PRESS

CHAOS REIGNS AT BAPTISM OF FIRE
WIDESPREAD CONFUSION AS KNOCKOUT STAGE BEGINS

With a single goal in a 1-0 game against Ancherion the Boani team were plunged from leaders of Group 8 to third place and an anxious wait for the results of other games in order to learn whether they had progressed to the next round. For the first time the so called "group of draws" yielded a round with 2 decisive results which saw Baranil, with whom Uan aa Boa twice drew, leap to the top of the group with another victory over stragglers Tiiwark.

Commentators were originally optimistic, believing the positive goal difference our team has carried since the 5-2 humbling of Tiiwark would see them safely through in second place. In a horrifying moment of realisation, however, it emerged that the Committee for State Broadcasting had misunderstood the rules and that, in fact, Ancherion's victory meant that they placed above Uan aa Boa because of an unexpected use of "head to head points" to decide the table.

There followed two hours of angry recriminations against both the confusing rules and the flagrantly biased referee who refused to award clear penalties again for bringing down striker Ezekiel Tola not once but on two occasions! Meanwhile previously charismatic goalkeeper Daniel Abimbola announced his resignation from the team, taking full responsibility for the vital losing goal asking the People to forgive him. It was a gesture dismissed by manager Charles Keptoi at a chaotic and bad-tempered press conference. "The responsibility for the result belongs to the collective," he insisted, "though we cannot overlook the fact that Cde Abimbola made 2 crucial fingertip saves in the first half, both of which were necessary to keep us in contention at all."

The end result, however, was that Baranil, Ancherion and Uan aa Boa have all progressed to the Round of 24 together, with Baranil's lead at the top of the table insufficient to qualify for a bye to the following round with the 8 most dominant teams. And perhaps this non-hierarchical situation is the most fitting outcome for a group in which no team was able to establish any clear superiority.

The team is now in transit to the co-host nation of Ethane and as we publish are unavailable for comment because of the difficulty in signalling the interdimensional void ships that are the only means of getting into or out of Eastfield Lodge. They are bound for the southern city of Letson, home to the Newton-Smith Arena that is to be the venue for the must-win clash with an alarming Islamic theocracy by the name of Libonesia. This time there will be no margin for error and no scope for 1-0 defeats. The final team line-up has yet to be confirmed with uncertainty remaining as to the manager's choice of goalkeeper.

Overall, however, the team and supporters are leaving Eastfield Lodge with a sense of respect and appreciation for the hospitality they have received and the well-ordered, egalitarian and environmentally rich nation they have encountered. We hope that the nation has made a lasting friend... and of course we may yet be back for the Grand Final!

We say time now to put wrangling and uncertainty behind us! The possibility of new friendships is surely why they call this the beautiful game! Onwards, comrades, to victory!

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:28 am

[excerpt from digitally published article on Litudinem Herald website]
Ethane Athletics Admins hop on the drudging investigation train

In a recent press release, the nation of Ethane, co-host of the Baptism of Fire 69, voiced there interest in the alleged drugging scandal.

The EFA would like to reassure every team participating in the Baptism of Fire that the security and safety of the players is at the top of our priorities. We cannot comment on the claims of rigging through drugs made by Libertas Omnium Maximus until the investigation is completed, but rest assured that we will get the bottom of whatever is happened. In the meantime, the EFA will be beefing up security at all matches in the Baptism of Fire that are played in Ethane.

It is unknown whether the Maximusian Federal Drug Administration, who have been investigating the details of the scandal from back in LOM, will wish to work with Ethane or not. It is also unknown whether the Ethane is conducting their own investigation or waiting for the Maximusian investigation to conclude.

No member of the Maximusian Fedral Drug Administration was available for questioning. Maximusian head coach, Vincent Alfonsi, when asked to comment on the investigation's nature, said, "We are doing our best and can assure you that, if the investigation does turn up anything, the individuals responsible will face severe penalties." This doesn’t actually say much considering that the notion of rigging would be quite blatantly a serious offense and reduce and warrant a just punishment. The team also has already announced that it would be unofficial investigating the details of the event in question, so this isn’t really news. Alfonsi refused to answer any further questions on the subject of a possible rigging or drugging.

It can be assumed that North Miklik was not responsible for the alleged drugging since their government collapsed a week ago. However, they were, quite obviously, unavailable for questioning so we cannot be certain.

This fact has led to much speculation over who the perpetrator(s) is/are. The current prevailing theory is that the rigging was done by racketeers. The betting odds for and against the Maximusian team were about 2:1 In I favor of LOM (This was due to the Miklikan Govt. Collapse, the Maximusian's were proven to be an inferior team). They made a fortune off of Millik winning. Perhaps one unscrupulous man wanted to better his odds.

What we can be certain of is that there will not be another issue again. No one in their right mind would try to get through all of the new security. This means is that the fans of LOM and Alanikka alike will get to see a wholesome, drug free, match tonight. I certainly hope they give us a show to remember.
Last edited by Libertas Omnium Maximus on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Bysantia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Who would have thought?

Postby Bysantia » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:08 pm

D-D-D-Dominating
by Klavus Titus

Oh boy, where do I start...
The group stage is over and Bysantian team came out first. Not just that, but we also won every game, being the only team to do so. That put us on the top of the combined list of group results. Moreover, we were the team to score the most goals and have best goal difference. I know our expectations were high, but i think it is safe to say that, with Emperor's help, we exceeded those.
Lets first recap the last game of the tour against Pratapgadh. A hard fought 2-1 victory.
Both teams played aggressively, yet Bysantians showed a bit more discipline and were able to capitalize better on their chances. Omar Olush and Flavius Pinto added a goal to their name with Nishant Joshi scoring for Pratapgadh.

Here is the final standings:

Soviet Micronesia won against Holy Marsh equalizing on points with Pratapgadh and even having better goal difference, yet that was not enough for them.

Here is the list of goal scorers of our team:

Now lets get some professional opinion from our honorable guests in the studio. We have Maximus Pirus - the Imperial Minister of Sport and Entertainment and Alexander Krammer - the manager of our team.
[Klavus Titus] - So, Alexander, first of all my deepest congratulations! The team that you built deserve every bit of praise.
[Alexander Krammer] - Thank you Klavus. We worked hard, we went through a lot with my team - and here is the result.
[Klavus Titus] - Indeed. We had a video material that we showed earlier today about celebrations both here and back at home. It felt like no Bysantian was left untouched by this tournament so far. But in terms of organisation, Maximus, how would you evaluate host country effort?
[Maximus Pirus] - Well, I would say it is on an acceptable level. Facilities are working, public transport seems to be in place, yet the scope of the event is too small for my liking. If we were to host such an event - we would not be as modest and would make it into a truly grand spectacle. We would spare no expenses.
[Klavus Titus] - And how would you comment on the recent doping scandal?
[Maximus Pirus] - I think that just shows that hosts are saving on security, yet our team can not be affected by such events. We have a personal cook and products are delivered by planes directly from Bysantian Empire. It just shows that such measures were not extravagant but necessary.
[Klavus Titus] - Alexander, i heard you received a personal telegram from the Emperor himself. Is that true?
[Alexander Krammer] - It is
[Klavus Titus] - What did it say?
[Alexander Krammer] I can actually show it. I have it with me:

Severus Aurus turned of the screen in his hotel room and put his hat on. He would watch the rest later, but for now, he had a meeting to attend too.
Last edited by Bysantia on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:40 pm

The Team Gets Lucky

The team were having dinner at a nearby Eastfielder restaurant.

Devnath Goradia: Can't believe that we are still here in Eastfield Lodge, eating at this restaurant.

Kirpan Kahlon: That was close! We could have been eliminated, God saved us!

Nishant Joshi: Yeah, but God wouldn't save us next time. We need to put everything we have into the next game.

Saral Kolhe: Hopefully we wouldn't need to face Bysantia again. They play so perfectly, destroyed us 6 to 2.

Nalesh Tandel: It would be better if we prepare for the next match than hoping that we won't play against Bysantia.

Nishant Joshi: I think our defence is getting weaker, we were like a wall at the start but we are slowly starting to fall. We can't let this happen, Eraman understands our weakness! We need to strengthen our defence or we would have to go back to Pratapgadh.

Nalesh Tandel: Maybe we should give Kirpan a break and bring Veer Roberts in. He has been practising a lot and I believe he will be able to stop those strikers.

Nishant Joshi: Okay then, Veer Roberts, you are in for the next match.

Veer Roberts: Hell yeah! Finally!

Nishant Joshi: Our midfielders need to go on the attack mode. We haven't been scoring a lot of goals recently. We need to score as many goals as possible.

Kirpan Kahlon: The B team played very well in 2nd Baker Park Cup.

Samart Kulkarni: Because of this leg injury, I can't even play now.

Samart injured himself during Group Match 3 against Bysantia.

Nalesh Tandel: We don't even have a coach now.

The head coach of the team, Gurdev Singh, had to resign because of severe health problems. He is currently 69 years old.

Nishant Joshi: Okay guys, we might be in hard times. But we can't let down our country. If we work harder, we will this game and also win the championship!

Nalesh Tandel: For the motherland!
Last edited by Pratapgadh on Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cricket Rankings
  • Test Cricket: 11th (out of 12)
  • ODI: 25th (out of 48)
  • T20I: 12th (out of 39)
Cricket Stats

Updated on 28 February, 2021 (15:51 NZT)
Sarvatra Vijay (Victory Everywhere)
Pratapgadh Domestic Sportswire

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:25 pm

Athletes Living Quarters, Ethane
T-minus 1.5 hours to Ro24

As his players loaded into the team bus, Vincent Alfonsi, took his mind off of complex football strategies for just a quick moment. As always, he was the first on, and last off, the bus. That gave him plenty of time to ponder the leave-it-to-someone-else questions. His mind had strayed off of chip shots and corner kicks, away from slide tackles and blocks, and onto something entirely more unpleasant.

Even If I buy into the theory that the perpetrator were I cahoots with a booker, it would have to be an insider, one of my own. He said to himself with a scowl. One of his own coaches, trainers, strategists or, dare he even think it: PLAYERS, was deliberately attempting to sabotage the game. They were the only people who would have had the chance to spike the drinks. This was an inside job if ever he had seen one.

He shook himself out of this fanciful digression. "Pull yourself together" he said aloud. "I have a game to win!"
Last edited by Libertas Omnium Maximus on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:48 pm

RR Sport Daily with Mélanie Lara

"Hello, everyone! i am Mélanie Lara, and welcome to RR Sports Daily!"

"After a dramatic 4-0 win against Vartugia, Antahbrantahstan has secured their place in the Round of 24! The two are scored by Ihsan Wiranatakusuma at minutes 22 and 39, and one each by Jalil Supriyadi at 55 and Husni Septianto at 80, very amazing right?"

"In the meanwhile, lots of Anturians are pretty much happy regarding their qualification in the round of 24, for sure, there are some people who think that the Anturian national football team didn't put in their maximum effort to ensure direct qualification to the round of 16, but, for a team who just debuted in an international-scale football competition, most of them do not mind it at all."

"At the moment, coach Raditya De Fretes do not have any plans to change their strategy for the round of 24, but, he knew that he won't view TigerSharkistan as an easy opponent"

"We might have qualified to the round of 24, but, we mustn't be too happy at this point, namely because we are still a long journey ahead of the Baptism Of Fire trophy..."

"The players, like Ihsan, also echoed his statement."

"Firstly, thank God for making us advance to 24, second, i feel like defeating TigerSharkistan is no easy task, i mean, we all just debuted in this competition, and i'm pretty sure all of the countries here are also having the same dreams and hopes like us, and, uh, they are also training very hard, just like us. Everyone wants the prize money and the trophy, so, i feel like we have to be very cautious and, uh, it is also important to make yourself relax, if you are serious all the time you would be stressed, haha"

"It seems like the Anturian football fans are hoping so much for the national team, and, what we could do is just wish them all the best of luck, in the Baptism Of Fire competition. But do you want more scoops about the Anturian football team? we'll be right back after the break."
Harashta Haifa Zahra | TBA | Sophie Kirana | Ketut Permata Juliastrid Sari | Melati Tedja | TBA

Walenstein
Secretary

Founded: Apr 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Walenstein » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Walensteiner Broadcasting Corporation Sport

19:34 February 15th, 2019
By: Emanuel Radnitzer, senior football correspondant

Walenstein finishes top of table, secures round of 16 spot

EASTFIELD LODGE --

With the last few fixtures in the group stages of the 69th edition of the Baptism of Fire coming to a close, it's been confirmed - Walenstein's national team has won their group by a country mile and secured a spot in the knock-out stages of the comptetition.

Walenstein's opponent in the round of 16 will either be Eraman or Pratapgadh, pending the outcome of the two sides' round of 24 match. With the team's players taking a day off, manager Amadeus Klausmann held a press conferance for the Walensteiner press.

Asked about the two sides Walenstein will potentially go against, he provided these thoughts:

"The difficulty of the competition has just gone up, for sure. Both are great sides, who fought hard in their respective groups to move forward. Given the quality of football these sides play, I really do not expect a sweep of either side in the round of 16. The match will likely be close, and run all the way to the final whistle at full time. A victory within regulation is possible for Walenstein, but it's very likely that the match would go into extra time and maybe be decided on pens. Regardless, I'll be watching the round of 24 match today very closely."

He was then asked if he planned any alterations to the team's starting 11 for the upcoming match.

"Put simply, yes, there will be several changes to plug up some holes, both defensively and offensively within this side. Sadly, Thilo Winfried suffered a broken toe during training yesterday morning, and will therefore be out of the competition and flown back to Walenstein to rest for WC qualifications, under advice of our head physician. I will advise you all of our official starting 11 teamsheet once the round of 24 concludes."
Königreich Walenstein | The Kingdom of Walenstein
WA Ambassador: Mr. Casper Reinmann

TV Walenstein 1 Aktuell English | Neufeld Stock Exchange closes 23 points down amid fears of impending central bank interest rate hikes | Walensteiner WA Ambassador expresses severe concerns over alleged WA overreach in exclusive interview | Ministry of Transport announces further construction of 458 KM of unrestricted autobahn in 2019 |

Walenstein Embassy Programme | Neufeld International Airport (WIP!)

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Ethane-Eastfield Lodge Transit
0:50 minutes to Ro24

The bus noisily lurched its way into its drop-off zone. Slowly, the players of the Maximusian National Team disembarked, hyped for their most monumental game to date. Most of the players and staff on the bus really had one thing on their mind: playing and winning a game of football. That, regrettably, made a few to many people distracted by the circumstances of Game #3. Now deemed by the general media The Sedate Gate.

Team Captain, Luke Brookshire knew all too well that having your mind on something other than the game at hand could result catastrophically. He had already botched one too many games when he had his mind on anything else. His team needed a player to player pep-talk. Nothing could have been more evident. He coughed loudly just as Vanderbilt, the first player of, was about to get out of the bus. "Listen boys," Brookshire began, "We need to talk."

The players all took their seats once more and Brookshire rose to his full height. "There is evidently something on each of your minds. Maybe you read about it in the papers, maybe a teammate told you about it, maybe, it happened to you." I am talking about the Sedate-gate, the drugging scandal, whatever you want to call it. It has no bearing on this game and therefore has no bearing on us during the duration of this game. Back when I was having my first divorce, I literals botched two games in a row. You can't have your mind on anything but the game ever. Or else, you will loose. We will loose." We have to have faith that everyone is doing all in their power to sort out the issue at hand. Coach says that this is the case and he is a great man. I would and do trust him with my life. So lets go out there, focus on the task at hand, and beat the crap out of Alanikka!"

At that all of his teammates stood and clapped. They then shuffled rapidly out of the bus, ran into the lockers, and prepared for a great game.
Last edited by Libertas Omnium Maximus on Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:27 pm

Baptism of Fire 69
Hosted by Ethane & Eastfield Lodge
CUTOFF for all teams.
Last edited by Ethane on Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:37 pm

Baptism of Fire 69
Ethani Side
RP Prompt: You're into Round of 16: how are your fans are reacting? What is the reaction at home?
We'd like to remind you about our team of the tournament. We encourage you to submit up to 3 players. Players is positions where less nations have submitted a player are more likely to be entered into the Team of the Tournament, so make sure you're submitting players to a variety of positions.

Balqia 2–0 Monsaw @ Glent Pit, Ethane

Antahbrantahstan 2–3 TigerSharkistan @ Tranthan Arena, Ethane

Libonesia 0–4 Uan aa Boa @ Newton-Smith Arena, Ethane

Skarten 1–0 Gutulia @ Brannigan Stadium, Ethane

Round of 16
16E: Grod Island vs. Balqia @ St. Maries Stadium
16F: Alluersia vs. TigerSharkistan @ King Edward IV Stadium
16G: Bohr vs. Uan aa Boa @ Newton-Smith Arena, Ethane
16H: Ofasval vs. Skarten @ Glent Pit, Ethane
Last edited by Ethane on Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Eastfield Lodge
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eastfield Lodge » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Baptism of Fire 69
Round of 24 scores - Eastfielder Side
RP Prompt: You're into Round of 16: how are your fans are reacting? What is the reaction at home?
We'd like to remind you about our team of the tournament. We encourage you to submit up to 3 players. Players is positions where less nations have submitted a player are more likely to be entered into the Team of the Tournament, so make sure you're submitting players to a variety of positions.

Nottinhaps 2–2 Ancherion (2–2 AET) (6–5 pen.)
@North Bank Stadium, Bridgetown, Eastfield Lodge

Baranil 2–1 Porabasta
@East Monksville Park, Monksville, Eastfield Lodge

Libertas Omnium Maximus 7–2 Alanikka
@Reynarn Arena, Walston Brook, Eastfield Lodge

Eraman 0–0 Pratapgadh (0–0 AET) (3–2 pen.)
@Brook Stadium, Walston Brook, Eastfield Lodge

Round of 16

Bysantia vs Nottinhaps
@ King Iqbal II Stadium, New Lodger City, Eastfield Lodge

Xanneria vs Baranil
@ Olympic Park, Mount Salt City, Eastfield Lodge

North Quadana vs Libertas Omnium Maximus
@ Norrion Park, Norrion, Eastfield Lodge

Walenstein vs Eraman
@ Vorgan Park, New Lodger City, Eastfield Lodge
Economic Left/Right: -5.01 (formerly -5.88)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31 (formerly 2.36)
ISideWith UK
My motto translates to: "All Eat Fish and Chips!"
First person to post the 10,000th reply to a thread on these forums.
International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
info to be added
stuff to be added
This nation partially represents my political, social and economic views.

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:18 pm

[excerpt from Portland Tribune]
Maximusians score victory in BoF

Maximusians blew Alanikka out of the water in last night's Round of 24 match of the BoF. This means that the team will progress to the next round, putting them one step closer to the FINALS.

"We did it!" striker Yin Lan reportedly told the Portland Tribune after the game, "I am just so glad that the team was able to keep up the momentum and wipe out the position, it was a match I will never forget."

Indeed, it is a match that will never be forgotten by nearly 1/60th of the Maximusian population, who watched it from the comfort of their televisions. This is the single highest viewership of any sporting event by the Maximusians ever! Our sources suggest that the next match against North Quadana @Norrion Park will have an even higher viewership.

This was the highest scoring game of any in The Maximusian Team’s history, with 7 goals against 2. The first goal was scored by Luke Brooskshire in the 13th minute. Yin Lan managed to snag another goal off in the 21st minute. Luke Brookshire put two more consecutive goals in during the 30th and 39th minute. Later, Brian Mueller managed to pop a curve shot in during the 50th minute. Yin lan returned for another goal in the 66th minute. Andrew Posvak finished off the night in the 80th minute with an incredible shot into the net. He had redirected Lans’s corner kick.

If the Maximusians can hold it together one more night. They will cement themselves in the Quarter Finals. If not, they will still have had a memorable run. Personally, I am of the opinion that they can pull it off. North Quadana is a tough team, maybe the toughest so far, but I have faith that the team can pull off another win. They just have to keep calm, cool, and collected. The Maximusian National Team is also known by another name: "The Wall." It is very hard to stop a charging wall, and even harder to get a goal past it. Lets hope that they can do. As always, Go LOM!
Last edited by Libertas Omnium Maximus on Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grod Island
Lobbyist

Founded: May 09, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Grod Island Buzzing with Excitement

Postby Grod Island » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:27 pm

THE GRODIAN EXPRESS

Ever since Grod Island has directly qualified for the Round of 16, everyone has been buzzing with excitement. The team has got thousands of fan clubs in Grod Island. Famous Grodian personalities including actors Kevin Levi and Emma Carlos have wished the team luck.

Not only actors but singers such including rapper Pierre Peer Pepper and pop singer Luna Parks, politicians like Ramesh Kumar and Linda Macron, sportspersons including swimmer Josh Philly and golfer Lion Forest have expressed their support for the team.

"I'm hoping our team will do very well in the tournament. I wish them Best of Luck" said the President of Grod Island, Sai Reddy.

We all wish the team Best of Luck and hope we will win our next match with Balqia.

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:20 pm

Xanneria finds out who they play.
Steve Stevenson of football.xan

So after playing the wait game, Xanneria will play Baranil. Branil is a powerful team lead by a striking pair of players named Ærnmund Thoraldsson and Stefan Loof. Two imposing players who lead their nation in a lot of departments, but will winning be one of them? Not if Xanneria can help it. Xanneria lead by a 5 forward attack looks to match up well with the Baranil 5 man defence. Xannaria's coach Alton once again will expect the brothers Hailey to perform. Glenn and Mark have 10 goals on total for the Maroons. Mark is looking for an international club as his PK ability has shown through and his dribbling skills are second to none. Now if Xanneria wins we could see a huge titanic battle erupt as Xanneria would take on most likely Bysantia or less likely Nottinhaps. So for what happens next we'll see, but for now this is an update of how the bye week went for Xanneria.
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Eraman
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraman » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:09 am

Introduction | Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 |Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 |Chapter 7 | Chapter 8 | Chapter 9

CHAPTER 10: PRATAPGADH

The pressure to beat Pratapgadh intensifies after the team received the news of the arrival of Bendahara of Eraman cum President of Eraman Football Association, Tun Sengalang Petara in Eastfield Lodge. The arrival of the most important man in Eraman is believed to be not just to watch the team plays in the Round of 24 but also to have a showdown talk with his nephew, Putra Daulapura Suara Petara who handed a transfer request to his uncle yesterday.

The team proved they are unfazed by the arrival of Tun Sengalang Petara as they almost take the lead in the 6th minute through Biduk Serangga. Biduk Serangga receives a beautiful pass from Mano Bosa and manages to dribble past the Pratapgadh’s defense but his shot is neatly caught by the goalkeeper, Veer Roberts who is making his first appearance for Pratapgadh in the competition.

Minutes later, a mistake from Dino Sapar who fail to complete a short pass scares the Eramanian faithful but a lob by Nishant Joshi against Dundang Bayan who is rushing out of his line goes just over the crossbar.

The anxious Eramanian faithful then celebrates after Biduk Serangga scores the opening goal in the 27th minute. The goal came from a cross from the left, headed down by Buisan Buayan and slotted in by Biduk Serangga. The celebration however proves to be short-lived after the linesman rules that Biduk Serangga was offside. The score remains 0-0.

Credit should be given to the national team back four for their positive performance in absorbing Pratapgadh attacks led by Nalesh Tandel and Nishant Joshi.

Eraman however have to play with ten man as soon as the second half action resume after Rimau Belang was sent off as a result of a second yellow card in the 47th minute. The red card incident resulting a free kick for Pratapgadh just outside of Eraman’s penalty box. A low kick taken by Nalesh Tandel however does not provide any problem for Dundang Bayan who holds on to the ball neatly.

Playing with a man short clearly takes its toll on Eraman’s performance as they have to contain Pratapgadh onslaught. Nishant Joshi again proves to be the main threat for Eraman with a thunderous shot on the 70th minutes forcing Dundang Bayan to punch the ball out for a corner. A minute later, Dundang Bayan once again called to action to save a low shot by Nishan Joshi from inside the penalty box.

The national team players are better in the extra time with more energy and purpose on the ball. Two good chances for Eraman in the first half when Buisan Buayan who controlled the ball well inside the area but fired the shot straight to Veer Roberts. Biduk Serangga also squandered a chance when he headed the ball inches wide despite managing to get away from his marker.

The dominant display by Eraman however is not enough to prevent the winner of tonight matches from being decided through penalty shoot-out.

It is going to be Eraman with Biduk Serangga to take the first penalty. And sends the keeper the wrong way. Fine penalty. Eraman leads 1-0.

Next. It is Nishan Joshi who is stepping up. Puts the ball on the penalty spot. Five step back. Low kick to the left. It’s SAVED! Advantage Eraman in the Baptism of Fire penalty shoot-out.

Putra Daulapura Suara Petara next for Eraman. The Royal Daulapura captain. England’s deputy captain. Hits it firmly and powerfully past Veer Roberts. Well done. 2-0.

Next for Pratapgadh. Nalesh Tandel. Rolls it in. Very coolly taken. 2-1.

The captain, Badang Gangsa is next for Eraman. This is to make it 3-1. And an excellent penalty. Swept it right footed high to Veer’s right and into the net. 3-1 to Eraman.

Chahel Visaria is the next to take for Pratapgadh. A short run up. Hits the crossbar. Two goal advantage to Eraman.

Nerves are coming in. It is Buisan Buayan to step up. Put this into the back of the net and Eraman are through to the Round of 16. Buisan Buayan, right footed. It is SAVED!!! Veer Roberts keeps his side in the game. Still 3-1.

Prabhu Pardava will walk forward. He must score to keep Pratapgadh in the game. Prabhu against Dundang. It’s SAVED!!! Eraman have won the penalty shoot-out. They are through to the Round of 16. Off they go to celebrate. Pratapgadh are out.

Sembara Bunian jumped into the arms of his backroom staff. The relief must be immense for him. It is going to be Eraman against Walenstein in the Round of 16 in New Lodger City, Eastfield Lodge.
Last edited by Eraman on Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trigramme: ERM | Demonym: Eramanian | Population: 14,753,910
Info: Wiki | Sports: Liga Eraman

Daulapura Daily
- based in Daulapura, the royal capital
- government-owned and ruling party propaganda
- support Royal Daulapura FC
Eraman Journal
- based in Anara, the capital city
- by the peasants, for the peasants (actually by the millionaires, for the masses)
- support Anara FC

Uan aa Boa
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Uan aa Boa » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:15 am

Ethane wrote:RP Prompt: You're into Round of 16: how are your fans are reacting? What is the reaction at home?

Meanwhile, at the twice-weekly meeting of Kingolo District Manufacturing Collective #4 -

First speaker: Comrades, I am sure you will all join me in wishing the minutes of the meeting to record our congratulation to the Boani football team for their heroic 4-0 victory and advance to the round of 16!

Second speaker: I must stop you there comrade. This football is a dangerous distraction from more pressing concerns. We should not feel vindicated as a country because 11 of our comrades won a game, but rather because we have created universal literacy and eradicated poverty and homelessness.

First speaker: Comrade, you badly need to lighten up. Our nation is proud when it makes an efficient engineering plant and it should be proud to make a successful football team!

Second speaker: When our team lost 1-0 in the group game what did it prove? Did it mean that capitalism was victorious because the winning team was from a capitalist nation? Of course not. So why is winning of any more consequence? We should focus instead on our production quotas for the coming quarter.

Third speaker: Point of order, comrade. This meeting voted to approve entering the Baptism of Fire, and in accordance with the principles of democratic centralism it is inappropriate for you now to undermine that course of action.

First speaker: Comrade, you have an equal need to lighten up. Democratic centralism? Why can we not simply have a beer at the end of a hard day and cheer for our team?

Second speaker: A beer? Opium for the people more like!

The meeting continues long into the night...
Last edited by Uan aa Boa on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:40 am

Player Nomination for Tournament's Best XI
Johan Vanderbilt
Information provided by the National Census Bureau and the MLF Association Archives. It is compiled by the Maximusian National Team Public Relations Department. For official or authorized use only. For more information visit http://www.mnt.lom/bio/archives

Full Name
Johan L. Vanderbilt II

Position(s)
Goalkeeper

Team(s) (not including minor or junior leagues)
Litudinem FC (2009-2018)
Maximusian National Team IDUFC Team (2018-2019)
Maximusian National Team BoF Team (2019)

Titles
1. Maximusian Major League Football
a. Finalist Team (2013)
b. Semi Finalist Team (2016)
c. Quarter Finalist Team (2011, 2012, 2014)

2. Player of the Year Award (Maximusian)
a. Nominated in 2014 and 2013

3. Rookie Award (Maximusian)
a. Nominated in 2009

Bio
While he is one of the oldest players on the Maximusian National Team, Johan Vanderbilt is considered to be one of the most spry. He is debatably the most successful goalkeepers of this decade. Johan plays in-league for Litudinem Football Club and is a member of the Maximusian National Football Team, currently playing in the 69th Baptism of Fire Tournament.

Early Life
Vanderbilt was born on September 23rd, 1990 to Alexandra and Johan Vanderbilt Sr, in Litudinem, Libertas Omnium Maximus. He attended Chauncey Elementary and Middle School, and Litudinem Public High School. He was drafted into the Gifted Athletes Program (associated with Litudinem FC) after graduating at the age of 19.

Career
Shortly after, he began training with the Litudinem FC team. Luke rapidly became the team's rising star and was quickly made a starter for the team in only a year. He played in the finals in 2013 where they were narrowly defeated by Real Iustitia, 2-1. He again started in the Championships in 2014. After that, he was permanently featured as a starter on the team and slowly gained reputation as being "The man who never let a ball in." While he did infant, let several balls in through the course of his career, he also faced off against some of the world greatest strikers and blocked their shots.

IDUFC
In 2018 the region-wide International Democratic Union Football Championship was held in Laeral. As one can imagine, he was on the team. The new team played very defensively and gave Johan many opportunities to showcase his talents. He was debatably one of the best goalies on the pitch during any of the IDUFC matches.
Last edited by Libertas Omnium Maximus on Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eraman
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraman » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:17 pm

Introduction | Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 |Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 |Chapter 7 | Chapter 8 | Chapter 9 | Chapter 10

CHAPTER 11: TEAM OF THE TOURNAMENT

Success of overcoming Pratapgadh via a penalty shootout confirmed that Eraman is in the Round of 16 of the 69th Baptism of Fire.

The head coach, Sembara Bunian praised the spirit of his players and said that they deserve to celebrate after weeks of hard work to create another history. In fact, he is convinced that the team is able to mark another surprise by advancing further in the competition.

“These are special players because they have the right traits and mentality to fight in the pitch. We accomplished another milestone in the history of our nation’s football by advancing to the Round of 16 and will have a tough game against Walenstein.” he said to reporters after the match.

Eraman is scheduled to meet Walenstein, who advanced straight to the Round of 16 after topping Group 9 and is still undefeated in the competition.

Commenting on the match against Pratapgadh, the Royal Puncakpura head coach admitted that his boys failed to capitalizes on several scoring opportunity and need to sharpen up their attack. The national team only scored 9 goals in 7 matches so far.

“We should be able to win with a three-goal cushion but the players failed to convert opportunities. I hope the players have made this as a lesson and not repeat it.” he said.

Regardless, Sembara Bunian is full of praise for his backline and nominated defensive midfielder Putra Daulapura Suara Petara, center back Badang Gangsa and goalkeeper Dundang Bayan to be included in the team of the tournament. The trio has been excellent in leading the backline that had only conceded 5 goals in 7 matches. No other team conceded less goals in the tournament.
Last edited by Eraman on Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigramme: ERM | Demonym: Eramanian | Population: 14,753,910
Info: Wiki | Sports: Liga Eraman

Daulapura Daily
- based in Daulapura, the royal capital
- government-owned and ruling party propaganda
- support Royal Daulapura FC
Eraman Journal
- based in Anara, the capital city
- by the peasants, for the peasants (actually by the millionaires, for the masses)
- support Anara FC

Bysantia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Bo16 is about to happen

Postby Bysantia » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Real Challenge Starts Now
by Klavus Titus

So here we are, ready for a best of 16 round. Our team has already arrived and had a quick training session. Everything looks good and ready.
Our opponent - Nottinhaps - came out on top of their match through penalty shootout. I was told that Alexander Krammer observed the match and made notes of the winning team style. Here is his comment:
They are a good team, yet If we play our game - we should win. Its all in our hands.

Starting list looks standard. All the people that proved themselves winning the group. Lets hope our Emperor will watch over them and we would gain a swift win.

See you on the stadium. Stay Tuned. Hail Imperator!

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:02 pm

Athlete's Living Quarters, Eastfield Lodge
8 hours before Ro16

Strictly speaking, only 2 people out of the whole MNT could be definitively ruled out as being responsible for being culprits in the Sedate Gate. Those 2 men were Head Coach, Vincent Alfonsi, and Head Physician, Steven Ruggiero.

Dr. Ruggiero was ruled out as a suspect because he had a perfect record, and lacked all opportunity and motive to sedate the players. He was always with someone who could vouch for him because every player and their brother, it seemed, was suffering from stomach aches (The Doctor diagnosed this as just nerves). Vincent Alfonsi was ruled out by the Maximusian National Team General Commission (MNTCG) because he literally was never alone. Someone always needed a pep talk, some advice. Brookshire literally visited him once daily to discus strategy. Since they weren't suspects, The MNTGC concluded, they may as well set aside an hour each day to work with each other on an on-site investigation.

Thus far, their investigation had turned up absolutely nothing. Zip. Nil. None. This was excluding the fact that the duo had discovered that one of the janitors could be ruled out. This fact, of course, effectively did nothing in helping the commission uncover the person(s) responsible. That was until now.

"Hang on," Ruggiero suddenly blurted out. Vincent Alfonsi pressed the space bar on his computer and stoped the time-lapse of security cameras that the duo had been watching for the past 20 minutes. "Look, see, there is a guy."

Indeed, the black and white CCTV feed clearly showed a black figure flying past the camera his face was obscured from vision. The time was 15 before the game started. This could still be anyone sneaking into the supply closet next to the Maximusian Locker Rooms. His, or, theoretically, her, jacket had a large bulge in it, likely the sedatives. When he returned from the closet and and shut the door quickly behind him, his black jacket no longer had a bulge.

"Quickly," Steven Ruggiero exclaimed, "Switch to another camera so we can see if we can tell weather he is heading for the locker room or the parking lot"

"I wish I could Steve, but this is the only one, it is illegal to have a security camera in a public dressing room. We are on our own and lost our only lead. This was all a waste" Alfonsi rapidly retorted.

"Maybe not," Ruggiero responded, hoping to make light of the situation, "We are, at bare minimum, one step closer to discerning the true nature of this crime. We know more details of the crime, that doesn't seem like a waste to me"

"Perhaps not," said Alfonsi with a solemn smile.

Balqia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Victories and injuries

Postby Balqia » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:02 pm

Sport Report: Baptism of fire edition

-Hello Balqia, my name is Leonidas Balkoviq and you are watching Sport Report.
This is what you hear in the exact moment you turn on your TV, unfortunately your needed to do some extra hours in your work and almost get too late to see your favorite Sports program. Today the presentation is wearing a simple white shirt.
-Because of some technical problems we will not be speaking with Markus today. Instead we prepared a special report for you.
The camera suddenly turns to images of the game. A feminine voice starts to speak.
-Our team achieved victory against Monsaw in the last evening. Playing with an offensive strategy we were able to perform two goals in our opponent during the match.
The camera changes to an old man wearing a white polo shirt. His name appears in the bottom left of the screen “Leonidas Alq. Trainer”, he starts to speak with a calm voice.
-We were very confident, we trained very hard to our match against Alluersia, so we could relax the training a bit. The boys are very happy with our classification and are even more excited now, we will give our best. For God and fatherland.
The camera changes to some files of the crowd, you can see some people wearing black and yellow clothes, even some Balqian flags. The feminine voice returns.
-With hard work we could win, however the match wasn’t easy, the rival team almost made a goal during the end of the first half of the match, and our fans were fewer than normal.
The camera shows a young girl wearing the shirt from the national team. Her speak is full of excitement and she barely can contain a smile, you read “Alice Antroniq. Fan” in the bottom left.
-I was so excited, they almost made a goal, but then Kalta arrived from nowhere, I couldn’t even breathe, he took the ball from the player and passed to Zveniqik, it was so cool, and then we made a goal, oh my, I almost fainted.
The screen changes to the match again, the voice starts to speak as a player runs with the ball.
-However, during the second half we had a surprise, Gregorius S. Matiq suffered a terrible injury.- The camera shows the player falling in the ground as an adversary tries to steal the ball -His leg was severely injured and will not be able to participate in the next game, some specialists recommended him to return to Balqia.
The camera changes and you read “Leopold Pard. Head physiotherapist” as a smiling bald men appears in the camera.
-Oh yes, the injury in Matiq’s leg was ugly. Our luck was that it didn’t broke, if it did the he will be in a plane to Orsaw right now, I will never let a player enter in the field knowing he could really harm himself. I don’t care if he will lost the opportunity to “play in the match of his life” if this mean that he will never play again. This is the case here, he begged me for authorization to play the next match, but I will not let this happen, he is not in conditions to do so.
Again the camera changes, now its showing us the fans leaving the stadium.
- With this victory our next match is against Grod Island, our team is very confident in victory, however some worries arrive from the fact that Matiq will not be able to play.
The camera returns to Leonidas in his stage. He starts to speak in the same moment as your cell phone starts to ring, it’ your boss and something tells you that the rest of the program will remain a mystery.
69th Baptism of Fire - 2nd Place;
82th World Cup - 5th place of group 6;
83th World Cup - 4th place of group R;
84th World Cup - 5th place of group 11;
85th World Cup - 4th place of group 6.

English isn't my native language. If you see any gramatical error in my RPs, please let me know.

Walenstein
Secretary

Founded: Apr 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Walenstein » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:21 pm

Walensteiner Broadcasting Corporation Sport

19:34 February 17th, 2019
By: Emanuel Radnitzer, senior football correspondant

Walenstein faces Eraman in upcoming BoF Round of 16 fixture

EASTFIELD LODGE --

Following a tense round of 24 match between Eraman and Pratapgadh, which ended 0-0 after regular and extra time failed to seperate the two sides form each other and was decided on pens, Eraman prevailed, scoring 3 pens to Pratapgadh's 2. That means Walenstein's national team will face Eraman in it's upcoming round of 16 fixture.

Walensteiner travelling fans appear to be ecstatic about the team's performance thusfar. We met up with two fans, Wolfgang and Olga, for their opinion on the matter.

"We've watched all matches our national team has played so far, and we can't be more happier! The competition has been amazing so far, and we've enjoyed the display of Walenstein's football prowess, evident in our top of the table finish! Despite some issues, such as the power going out, we've really enjoyed Eastfield Lodge's hospitality. It's such an intresting place to visit, and the locals are just so nice. I've spent the last few days learning about Eastfield Lodge's rich national history, enjoying national cuisine, and conversing with the friendly locals. The long trip from Walenstein was worth it! Going into the round of 16 we're a bit nervous, as our opposition is a very good side, but we retain our confidence in our side, and hope for the best tonight!" Olga said.

Fans at home seem to share the same sentiments. At times, almost 10% of Walenstein was streaming the group stage matches, and tens of thousands partaked in watching parties at the KreditWalenstein Arena in Neufeld. When Walenstein won their final group stage match, to be guarenteed a place in the round of 16, the fans burst with joy and excitement, tkaing their happiness to the streets. Sadely many decided to have a few too many drinks post-game, and police spent the next while engaging in minor scuffles with intoxicated football fans. Nonetheless, the celebrations on the streets remained mostly peaceful.

The national team is currently en-route to Vorgan Park in New Lodger City to face Eraman. Manager Amadeus Klausmann has a few moments to answer the press's questions this morning.

"Going into the match today, there will only be a few alterations. Viktor Diethelm will start as CDM, and the starting defensemen will remain the same. Linus Windel will miss the game due to complications ensuing from his hamstring injury. Whilst he played the last two matched without a problem, he's reporting pain and will be kept off as a precaution for now. I expect a close match against Eraman, but am confident in the lads' abilities, and have no doubt that regardless of the outcome tonight, it will be a great match to watch. the manager said, before turning to join his side on their bus to New Lodger City, amidst reporters franticly shouting questions.

WRF has obtained a copy of the team's starting 11 for tonight.

Walenstein continues to use a 4-4-2 diamond formation going into the round of 16, with several starting 11 alterations.

Join us tonight for full coverage of the BoF Round of 16 fixture Walenstein v. Eraman!

20:13 February 17th, 2019
By: Julia Obermann, general sports correspondant

Walenstein's BoF team of the competition nomination

With the 69th edition of the Baptism of Fire enteirng the knock out stages and advancing steadily towards the final, here are our Walensteiner nominations for the team of the competition:

#1 Manuel Oswald [GK]

Where would this team be without it's stellar goalkeeper? Over the compteition, Manuel Oswald has saved countless sure-goals, clinching several matches for his side.

The FC Neufeld man came to the BoF tournament fresh off of a tense Walensteiner SuperLiga season, with his side winning the title over FC Gladenhofen with a 7 point margin. FC Neufeld clinched the Cup of Walenstein with a 2-1 victory over Sporting Opstein, which went to pens and was won by a margin of 4-2. He was the natural choice to serve as starting goalkeeper for Walenstein's national team.

Straight off the bat, in his side's first match against Alanikka, he made a number of crucial saves to keep his side on level terms. Despite his team's massive defensive blunder in the late second half, leaving Alanikkan midfielder J. Trump on a breakaway, he made himself large and made a seemingly impossible deflection save, keeping the match 2-2 until the final whistle.

In the next few matches, he had two clean sheets in a row, handily denying any and all chances from both Zuiopien and Najaf. In the last match against Zuiopien, a sloppy penalty conceded by Walenstein had the oppurtunity to change the balance of the match, but Oswald skillfully traced the ball and kept it out with an amazing high-dive to keep the momentum going.

Finishing the group stages, he only conceded an impressive total of 9 goals, with his side undoubtebly going undefeated because of his performance in crucial stages.

#37 Oliver Severin [CAM/CM]

An amazing run of form from the team's skipper would see several crucial goals being scored, at scoring a few winners to lift Walenstein over it's opponents. He even put away a masterpiece of a penalty shot!

Coming off his SuperLiga season, his performance was mediocre to say the least, with 6 goals the entire season for his FC Gladenhofen side. He was not favoured to be included in the national team, and a bit of suprise ensued from the manager when it was announced he would start as CAM, and as team captain.

Scoring a few amazing shots with his weaker few throughout the competition, it would culminate in an amazing penalty kick against Zuiopien, sending the keeper the wrong direction and putting it away in the top-left corner, to give his side the lead yet again.

Without their team captain, the outcome of the match would habe been much different, for sure. Atleast 3 of the side's matches might have ended in draws, therefore not advancing Walenstein to the round of 16.
Last edited by Walenstein on Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Königreich Walenstein | The Kingdom of Walenstein
WA Ambassador: Mr. Casper Reinmann

TV Walenstein 1 Aktuell English | Neufeld Stock Exchange closes 23 points down amid fears of impending central bank interest rate hikes | Walensteiner WA Ambassador expresses severe concerns over alleged WA overreach in exclusive interview | Ministry of Transport announces further construction of 458 KM of unrestricted autobahn in 2019 |

Walenstein Embassy Programme | Neufeld International Airport (WIP!)

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:35 pm

Baptism of Fire 69
CUTOFF for all teams.
Last edited by Ethane on Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports