NATION

PASSWORD

NASJAR 2 Signups/Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

How should the dogfight be scored?

RNG v RNG, high number wins, tournament
No votes
RNG v RNG, high number wins, team match
25%
RNG, highest number wins, free-for-all furball
50%
Scorinator, race with all skill equal, lap time = length of survival
25%
[Enter thoughts in a post below]
No votes

Total votes : 4

NASJAR
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

NASJAR 2 Signups/Discussion Thread

Postby NASJAR » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:56 am

Velestria wrote:Credit to Valestria for the logo!

Welcome to the second season of the Nationstates Association of Stock Jet Aircraft Racing (NASJAR)!

40-44 pilots from around the NS Omniverse will compete in a series of races over the next few weeks, earning points based on their position in each race. After the first round of races, the field eligible for the championship title will be halved. After the second round, one quarter will remain. And, in the final elimination round, there will be only six racers competing in a series of four races which will determine which one will win the Hartmann Cup! There will be sweat. There will be tears! And there will be one heck of a sweet party after the championship race. Be sure to tune in, and, jet pilots the Omniverse over, bring your A-game!

OOC:
To everyone who took part in season one, welcome back! To anyone new, welcome to NASJAR!

The format for this is going to be a series of races based on the number of people who join, with at least one in each nation represented. For this reason, each nation participating may submit up to foureight pilots. I'm going to also ask that no puppets of nations already entered be entered at this time. If we need more entries, I will open up registrations to allow people to enter their puppets.I would also like to ask for a course to be submitted with the following information:
Name:
Course Record:
Course Description:
(Optional) Course History:

Pilots can simply be listed as a name and aircraft number, though anyone who wishes to can make up their own app and include biographical information for a (very small) RP bonus.

As for scorinatation, I will be using the same method as last season, with a few back-end tweaks to correct some issues I was running into.

As to the schedule, I plan to have cutoffs between 4 and 6pm each race day, and scorination done by around 8. The final race will take place in Jebslund. In the event one of my pilots makes it to the final race, someone else may scorinate if they wish, so long as they do not have any pilots in the final. In the event of a tie, number of victories will be the tiebreaker, with total of all averages (lower is better) being the tiebreaker tiebreaker.

A couple of tweaks from last season:
1: Elimination will be based on standings, rather than placement in the race. Last season, basing elimination on placement resulted in at least one case of someone being eliminated from the series despite not being last place in the standings because they'd placed last in that race.

2: There will, based on the poll results (with my vote as the tiebreaker), be a starting bonus to pilots from last season's Chase. That will be as follows: Derpol Kerman and Erblin Piteog will receive 3 points each, Amy Ollmhór and Arnbjorn Hjolfson will receive 2 points each, and Die Achte Kerman and Marla Eitleoir will receive one point each.

With that all said, here's the rules:

1: No godmoding, unless allowed in a specific player's RP permissions.

2: Please keep fatalities to an absolute minimum.

3: Be creative, but don't go overboard with courses. Let's not have people racing through an active volcano, hmmm?

4: All jets are De Havilland Vampires (or your nation's equivalent), or similar. You have a bit of leeway here, but please keep it within that body type and engine count, as any deviation will be purely cosmetic.

5: Please keep course records under 15 minutes. EDIT: Xkoranate's qualifying function maxes out the track record at 999:999, meaning 999 seconds and 999 thousandths of a second, which works out to about 16 minutes and 39 seconds. For the sake of a nice, round number, I'm limiting this to 15 minutes.

6: This is very important: There will be a generous and diminishing RP bonus given for each race. This is cumulative. HOWEVER...

7: You will NOT receive a bonus for roleplays unrelated to air racing, sports of your nation in general, or the NASJAR. This is not to say off-course stuff is off limits. By all means, please do go into detail about your country's preparations for the races, politics surrounding the events, national foods and sights tourists might experience, off-track pilot/team shenanigans, etc. I just don't feel it is fair to award an RP bonus to a sporting event from a post about secret police bullshit and spy intrigue that has nothing to do with sports. If you're here to wax poetic about your country's methods of enhanced interrogation, go to II or F&NI. My sporting event is not your spy movie or Stalinist Russia simulator.

8: AS OF NASJAR 2: No portals, no alternate timelines/universes (the course, not the nation), and only people who have participated in previous seasons may have hard-to-reach nations without handwaving access. I'm not having another argument over why it should be required for you to explicitly say a given nation can get to yours before anyone's allowed to RP your race.

9: AS OF NASJAR 2: The race order is chosen at random. Only nations who have participated in at least one previous season (to include puppets having previously participated/whose main nations have previously participated) may request changes to this schedule. This is also the result of the shitstorm from NASJAR 2.

10: Have fun. This is mandatory.

11: I shouldn't have to say this, but I apparently do: If you have a problem with me or how I run my event, I have a telegram box and a signup/discussion thread. Please them. Do not stir up shit in my thread "so you'll get a clue". Do not complain offsite and expect me to magically read your mind.

Every rule here is here for a reason. Some of them for reasons of program/user of program limitations. One in particular was to remedy a situation that has killed my interest in a sporting thread before (one I most likely won't be bothering with anymore, which is a shame, but them's the breaks.). This is only my second hosting of an NS Sports event. If I find that a rule is unnecessary going forward, I will remove it, but only in such circumstances. Expect the rules to change as needed. I am willing to accommodate people within reason, but I am willing to accommodate people within reason. If you can persuade me otherwise, I will change my mind, but I am not a rubber stamp. Not every suggestion you have will be approved.

Without further ado, let the signups commence! Signups are open until January 15th. I've taken the liberty of saving the courses and pilots of myself, Selks, and Frozen Forest, and reserving the numbers of previous season participants. Please feel free to keep, discard, or modify them.

Pilots:

Jebslund:
00: Flora "Sternenjäger" Kerman
08: Henry "Die Achte" Kerman
13: Edmund "Derpol" Kerman
57: Heinz "Ketschup" Kerman

Free Lands:
07: Erblin Piteog
14: Marla Eitleoir
41: Raidri Leathchúpla
42: Amy Ollmhór

Frozen Forest:
09: Dakov Weimar
10: Armati Toscano
11: Arnbjorn Hjolfson
12: [RESERVED FOR FROZEN FOREST]

Northwest Kalactin:
54: [RESERVED FOR NORTHWEST KALACTIN]
98: [RESERVED FOR NORTHWEST KALACTIN]

Lisander:
02: Sadne Marès
03: Salo Marès

Shayla:
16: [RESEVED FOR SHAYLA]

Cassidagua:
27: Kristen Foster

Vangaziland:
25: Fritjof "Fritz" Vang
33: Sven "Popeye" Harssen
64: Augustus "Pilgrim" Huskinson
72: Ananda "Mondo" Sturlasdotter

Kyrenaia:
100: Karim Maghamir
101: Rasha Ghym

Newark Aristocracy:
99: Kohan the 10th Bluetarch the 5th

Courses:

Jebslund:
The Jebsheim Experience
Course Record: 06:02:214
Lap number: 5
Course description: A race course situated near enough to the town of Jebsheim that a portion of the course runs through an area of it that shuts down for air races, as well as a nearby village. Strict speed limits are enforced in the inhabited areas, meaning any passing must be done on other areas of the course. Radar pylons linked to the regulation-mandated HUD in each pilot's aircraft mark the course, which, aside from the inhabited portions, mostly passes above beautiful countryside and over a quarry. While checkpoints do not have height requirements, any pylon which detects a speed violation will issue a time penalty the first and second time a racer's IFF tag is detected speeding. A third violation will result in a DQ (TG me if you wish to have a DNF reported as a DQ for this race).

Bettelmönchsschlucht
Course record: 05:25:770
Lap number: 10
Course description: Though short, this course is plotted to put pilots through their paces as thoroughly as course regulations allow, starting in the civilian sector of Dürrdürrwüste, at Tintenfischwüste airfield, and heading straight for the canyon system known as Hoffnungschlucht. From there, a strict height limit of the top of the canyon's walls is enforced from 500m into the canyon, and follows the winding canyon 60km to it's terminus in Der Bettelmönchsschlucht, The Mendicant's Ravine, then has racers fly an 11km loop before heading back through the canyon. Each trip through the canyon and loop around is a lap, creating an alternating forwards/backwards rhythm to the track, aided by the mandatory heads-up display. Pre-race, security personnel will secure all recording devices not specifically set up by race officials, all of which will be returned once the craft are back on the ground post-race. Repulsor fields set up in the canyon prevent collisions with the side walls, a feature added after a race involving "Sternenjäger" Kerman shortening one of her craft's wings on a wall.

Free Lands:
Name: Seabhcóir Aerodrome Racefield.
Course Record: 14:54 Minutes for one lap.
Course Description:
    The course is a 195 kilometre long course marked by pylons, which the racers have to fly through at prescribed heights, some of them a few metres off the ground, some considerably higher, taking them around the Town of Seabhcóir, the Town of Falconers on the edges of the Trossach, and a few outlying communities. The race is set for five laps. While there will be fast stretches, the most of the race will be spent in tight manoeuvres demanding for the skill of the pilot.
    Housing for pilots, aircraft and staff is provided by the Seabhcóir Aerodrome. Although no volcanoes are present, the cows on the fields are going to get quite a scare.
Course History:
    The Seabhcóir Aerodrome Racefield began its life as a track of flat earth used by airplanes for commercial flights and the young SDF-Army Aviation Group, which also included several fighters. These fighters were the first racers here as well, as the pilots of the SDF-Army tested their new aircraft in every way they could. It was also here, that the SDF-Army had their first loss by aircraft accident, a pilot crashing with deadly results.
    In 1936, the Aerodrome was expanded with concrete runways and massive hangars, the SDF paying for half of it, private investors for the other. It soon became a hub for commercial air traffic and, in some aspects, also the pilot school for most of the Free Lands' early airlines. The Sensational Siblings Stunt Flight had its origins here in 1937, and their last performance in 1962 was here as well.
    In 1944, the SDF-Army left their part of the Aerodrome and left it all in the civilian hands of the town, which had begun to appreciate the airport and the jobs it created. It was also in 1944, that the first official air race was held here, the Fabhcun Trophy, a race from Seabhcóir to Silverport. Since then, this trophy is flown for every three years, for the next time in 2019.
    But also smaller air races, air shows and stunt shows are held here, with the locals saying, that it's a good day, when a plane falls onto one of the fields and a bad day, when it falls onto a house.

Name: Mianach Air Racing Course in Gaineamh, Oileánra-Archipelago.
Course Record: 7:01:789 on the Fabhcun.
Course Description:
    Over the picturesque tropical archipelago that is the Oileánra-Archipelago, this course itself is relatively short, the most of the pylons over open water bound by ships or buoys, but its length and difficulty stems from the fact, that these pylons aren't simply to pass, but the contestant has to perform aerobatics while doing so, failure to do so resulting in hefty time penalties, mistakes while doing so resulting in smaller time penalties. For some teams, logistics might be a problem as well, as the Gaineamh Aerodrome does not have runways for larger freight planes - however, nearby Dumhach has a large harbour and the Gaineamh Aerodrome includes a seaplane port.
    One of the tracks sponsors, Silverport Dockyards Limited, has agreed to put a vessel or two of its yard fleet at the disposal of the contestants in need of such a service.
Course History:
    Much like Seabhcóir Aerodrome, Gaineamh Aerodrome is a former air base of the SDF, which built the place in 1936 and left in 1956 in favour of Dumhach Airfield. For a decade, the runways and hangars stood still and silent, until an enterprising soul decided to reopen it in 1968 after renovations from 1966 onwards. With a new tower and other installations, the air field became a famous spot for forays into the Archipelago from tourists by air, the first Mianach Air Race being held there in 1970.
    During the Second Vellenge War in 1983, the aerodrome was shut down and hosted a flight of Seachmall Fighter-Bombers - rumours persist to this day, that they were placed there to drop nuclear weapons on Lutetii, should Operation Summer Sun fail, but the SDF regularly declines to comment such rumours.
    Renovations in 2009 and 2010 added a number of new hangars, a small firefighting station and two small hotel complexes, one for day-visitors, the other for crews. In 2016, a Monarcha M-22 Faoilean Transporter crashed on the runway and burnt out, with three of the crew and two of the passengers dying, while one crew member and twelve passengers survived with a variety of injuries.

Frozen Forest:
Name: A Race Against Winter
Course Record: 06:20:12
Course Description: Pilots begin the race on the Second Fjollum Regional Airstrip in The Western Territories Region of The Frozen Forest. Pilots take off using the strip and immediately find themselves over the very forest that The Frozen Forest is named for. The deciduous greenery below is beautiful and marks the safer part of the course. There is no height requirement for this part of the course, however it is ill advised to fly above 600m due to the dangerous turbulence. The first checkpoint of the course is the Greater Fjollum Mountain Peaks. Pilots must pass through the opening between the Peaks and may not fly over them. After passing through, the turbulence grows and pilots have the choice of dropping lower to the ground or remaining high in the air. Pilots must make a half circle turn in order to pass beside the beautiful and dangerous Erikson Falls. After passing by the Waterfall Pilots must make a dash forwards until they reach yet another set of twin peaks, which they must pass through once again. After passing through they must make another half circle turn and begin to return to the Second Fjollum Regional Airstrip. This final half-circle turn involves some of the worse turbulence in The Frozen Forest, Pilots are advised not to take it too sharply. There are 11 Laps throughout the course.
(Optional) Course History: A Race Against Winter was brought about not for Jet Racing, but for old decommissioned Fighter Planes to race. Officially it began in 1973, unofficially in 1968. After annual races for thirty-two years the organization FPFF finally decided to retire the course after the number of pilots crashing on the final stretch of the course grew to about six pilots a race. It was deemed too dangerous for amateur pilots to handle, and another group, the FFJRO bought the course. The FFJRO was a Jet Racing Organization that televises the races every year to a niche but loyal group of followers. It is sustained by donations as well as merchandise sales mainly. The FFJRO has cancelled this years races so that the Course can be used in NASJAR.

Cassidagua:
Name: The Grande Air Course
Course Record: 9:25.113
Course Description: The course begins in the city of Grande Mountain, at Grande Mountain International Airport. As you imagine, this is a mountainous area, making the start the most challenging part of the race as the jets look for position while in an area of high peaks. They fly southeast towards Concord Heights in what is a typical path for conventional aircraft between the cities, so it is a safe route. They do not go all the way towards Concord Heights, and loop back around in a challenging though manageable turn which is directly over a river. Next they approach Grande Mountain again, but are a bit north of the city. They then loop back around, go over the Grande Mountain International Airport, and that completes the first of lap.
(Optional) Course History: Cassadaigua does not have an official jet racing series, but the course was set up by experienced pilots who have raced one another, unofficially for smaller prizes.

Vangaziland:
Name: Heske River Run
Course Record: 12:32:211
Course Description:
The event starts flying north out of Westermark Regional Airport near the Esportivan city of Heske. The course will follow a highway that twists east through hills until it curves around to enter Heske. The city is known for Old World style buildings with bright orange roofing. The flight path will turn sharply above a large, ornate fountain in the center of town. From here, they race south towards the river. The aircraft will follow the twists and turns of the waterway until another near 90 degree turn sends them back towards the start point. The course should provide plenty of twists with a few strong straights.
The event is taking place in Vangaziland's Esportivan territory. The colony has been petitioning for more sporting events. The chance to watch Imperial Royals race in the skies would be something many will not want to miss. Crowds are expected to flock to Heske. Many people would set up caravans and try to find themselves along the race route. Others will pay for tickets at the official granstands. Heske beat offers of hosting the event from Blue Coast and North Emeros in the Mainland.

Kyrenaia:
Name: Oea Island Hopping
Course Record: 10:42.746
Course Description:
    For the Oea Island Hopping, the name is a very clear omen: Taking off from Coastguard Station Oea's Airfield, the contestants race towards the city itself, go low towards the Marina on Laghw Island, which they round once, then change heading towards Munjiniq Island, pass the old Harbour Fortress under the cheers of the audience and then are to rise to avoid crashing into the Almawt Cliff, a fifteen metre high cliff and spit protecting the Harbour of Oea from the western winds. From there, the contestants are to remain at height to avoid crashing into Oea's buildings as they return to the Coastguard Station.
    There will be six laps flown.
Course History:
    The course was first flown officially in 1985, as part of the investment strategy of Khan Karim to attract tourists to turn the Khanate of Sheliak, formerly Kyrenaia's Poorhouse, into a bustling and hot tourist destination. While the 1999 Race was not the huge success it was supposed to be, the 1986 one was a hit, bringing Oea onto the map of air race enthusiasts worldwide - now NASJAR 2 joining the event schedule of the city.

Newark Aristocracy:
Name: Monarch City Raceway
Course Record:13:46.99
Course Description: Set in Monarch City, this track has tight turns that will shock your pants off.
The first turn is a fast and long right turn, followed by a fast and sharp second turn to the left, next is Katherine Curve, or turn 3,which is a almost straight right turn coming onto the main straight. Turn 4 is a right turn, known for its G-Forces that can reach up to 6Gs. Turn 5 is like turns 1 and 2 At Daytona International Speedway in real life, going into the longest straight. Turn 6 is turn 5's twin, but leading into the finishing stretch, or so you think. Turn 7 is a S turn,leading to the finish line. At all times racers must be above 200 feet, as to avoid the buildings on the ground.
(Optional) Course History: In 2003,The old Monarch City International was getting crowded. The city council decided to build a new airport, whilst keeping the old one open for cargo flights and budget airlines. The course is used by the National Department of Defense to test new fighter jets.
There's Been only one crash on this course, between a unmanned fighter jet and a commercial airliner.
Last edited by NASJAR on Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:08 am

The Marès twins will return for one more year. Sadne (the sister) get the #02, and Salo (the brother) get the #03. Now the WGP2 is nearly over, I may have the possibility of writing more about this family.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Jebslund
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:27 am

Lisander wrote:The Marès twins will return for one more year. Sadne (the sister) get the #02, and Salo (the brother) get the #03. Now the WGP2 is nearly over, I may have the possibility of writing more about this family.

Updated.
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.
Shockingly, we *do* use NS stats, with the exception of lifespan.
Singular sapient: Jebslunder
Plural Sapient: Jebslunden
Singular/Plural nonsapient: Kermanic
Note: When a verb can logically only be done by the sapient using/piloting/holding the object in question, then the appropriate demonym for the number of sapients is used.

Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism are ECONOMIC SYSTEMS. Stop conflating them with political systems.

Jebslund
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Pilots:

Flotillenadmiral Henry "Die Achte" Kerman, pilot of #08
Born in in 1899, Henry Kerman was the 8th of 10 children born to a couple in the town that would later be known as Jebsheim. At age 15, he signed up for courses which offered pre-training for military service, choosing fighter training. At 18, upon completion of the courses, he voluntarily enlisted in the Wasserarmee as an escort pilot, starting off in the DKEM-3mv light fighter, then moving on to the PLF-01S Spatz, a single-engine prop job used for escort duty, and then the JF-01S(DJEF/TB) Maschinenteufel line and then JF-02S(DJEF/JB) Maschinenteufel-II lines. His nickname/callsign, Die Achte (The Eighth), was given to him by squadmates because he would always introduce himself as the eighth of his siblings.

Sadly, his career would see him promoted out of active duty, with most of his real-world flying occurring during various furloughs and days off over the years, though he never let his piloting skills lapse, keeping up not only with his favorite craft, the Maschinenteufel, but also with any new escort fighters that came along over the years.

More recently, however, Henry had heard of a new jet racing series, and requested (and was granted) time off to compete. Henry will be flying his personal Maschinenteufel, which has been modified to bring it into compliance with NASJAR regulations.

Hauptmann Edmund "Derpol" Kerman, retired, pilot of #13
Born in 1902, Edmund Kerman is the son of a mechanic and a teacher in the city of Westende, known at the time as Dreichtsheim, who would move to what would soon be known as Jebsheim in 1904. Young Edmund Kerman began school in Jebsheim, where he would, partway through Hauptschule, meet and form a more-or-less friendly rivalry with a younger boy by the name of Henry Kerman, first on the sports field, then in the air as they both, on the same day, enlisted in the Wasserarmee. As escort pilots, the two would often compare achievements and confirmed kill counts until Edmund retired at the rank of Hauptmann in 1952 to take over his father's shop after a StuG-IIIG he was hunting managed to turn the tables (reportedly, Edmund's father's last act was to respectfully tip his hat to the StuG-IIIG with a proud grin), but he kept up with his rival's exploits and often served as a source of encouragement and gluteal thermal energy in the years after.

When Edmund heard his rival was entering the new NASJAR series, he lost no time in preparing to enter himself, modifying and tuning his Maschinenteufel to within NASJAR regulations and entering it and himself in the competition, deciding he wasn't about to let himself miss this opportunity to fire up the old rivalry.

Flora "Sternenjäger" Kerman, professional racer, pilot of #00
Born in Kermania in 1987, Flora Kerman is the eldest of the current generation of a family with a proud military tradition, and even has siblings in the Luft-Raum Armeekorps and Wasserarmee. Flora herself, however, was never interested, and only enlisted before her mandatory report date because of the benefits it offered. After her conscription, Flora went immediately into air racing, racing just about anything that flew, her love of the air and disdain for violence satisfied by the rush of racing. Her entry onto the Jebslund team in NASJAR was both out of love for the sport and to prove to the "lifers" that a "part-timer" like her could still outfly them any day of the week.

Flora has a bit of a chip on her shoulder, having spent most of her life being seen as the 'black sheep' of the family (with the exception of her grandfather, Rear Admiral Heinz "Ketschup" Kerman, who understands her disdain full well), and feels as if she has to prove herself to be taken seriously. She is very competitive, and her piloting reflects this, her style being more aggressive than average. Her Vampire, which has been flown in other races as well, also reflects this, with various dings and scratches that didn't quite buff out scattered on its surface, the result of slight misjudgments in how close she could fly to something without hitting it.

Rear Admiral Heinz "Ketschup" Kerman, pilot of #57
Born in 1920, Heinz "Ketschup" Kerman reported to the Wasserarmee for his national service at 18, intending to just get it over with fresh out of school. At first, nothing about military life agreed with him, but, after finishing pilot training and getting out into the sky, he found that, even with the chances of losing his life, he'd met his first love in the Wasserarmee.

The sky.

Ever since his first real flight in a PHF-02S Ausf. A, he knew he'd found something that made the irritation that was military life worth it. Having a good gunner behind him helped, too, but, for a couple decades, his one and only was the sky. And then he met his other love, a baker in Jebsheim by the name of Hedi Kerman. The two dated for three years before tying the knot, and had a child less than a year later, but Ketschup never could bring himself to leave his first love behind, leading to a life in the Wasserarmee with a retired Luft Armeekorps wife (leading to a few jokes by old combat buddies that he had joined the wrong branch) which itself lead to two kids and eight grandkids.

His reasons for joining the NASJAR series are threefold: One, to have some fun in the air, two, to settle an old argument with Die Achte over bomber pilots vs escort pilots, and three, a bet with Sternenjäger over whether or not it was time to retire and consider a career as a private pilot.

Races:
Bettelmönchsschlucht
Course record: 05:25:770
Lap number: 10
Course description: Though short, this course is plotted to put pilots through their paces as thoroughly as course regulations allow, starting in the civilian sector of Dürrdürrwüste, at Tintenfischwüste airfield, and heading straight for the canyon system known as Hoffnungschlucht. From there, a strict height limit of the top of the canyon's walls is enforced from 500m into the canyon, and follows the winding canyon 60km to it's terminus in Der Bettelmönchsschlucht, The Mendicant's Ravine, then has racers fly an 11km loop before heading back through the canyon. Each trip through the canyon and loop around is a lap, creating an alternating forwards/backwards rhythm to the track, aided by the mandatory heads-up display. Pre-race, security personnel will secure all recording devices not specifically set up by race officials, all of which will be returned once the craft are back on the ground post-race. Repulsor fields set up in the canyon prevent collisions with the side walls, a feature added after a race involving "Sternenjäger" Kerman shortening one of her craft's wings on a wall.

The Jebsheim Experience
Course Record: 06:02:214
Lap number: 5
Course description: A race course situated near enough to the town of Jebsheim that a portion of the course runs through an area of it that shuts down for air races, as well as a nearby village. Strict speed limits are enforced in the inhabited areas, meaning any passing must be done on other areas of the course. Radar pylons linked to the regulation-mandated HUD in each pilot's aircraft mark the course, which, aside from the inhabited portions, mostly passes above beautiful countryside and over a quarry. While checkpoints do not have height requirements, any pylon which detects a speed violation will issue a time penalty the first and second time a racer's IFF tag is detected speeding. A third violation will result in a DQ (PM me if you wish to have a DNF reported as a DQ for this race).
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.
Note: When a verb can logically only be done by the sapient using/piloting/holding the object in question, then the appropriate demonym for the number of sapients is used.

Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism are ECONOMIC SYSTEMS. Stop conflating them with political systems.

Qingland
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Qingland » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Were in. We will send 2 pilots.

Joseph Ramos

Ex Royal Qingese Air force Pilot
46 Years Old
President of the Q City Airlovers Association

Ryan Bingham Powell
Air Qingland Pilot
31 Years Old

Jebslund
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:32 pm

Qingland wrote:Were in. We will send 2 pilots.

Joseph Ramos

Ex Royal Qingese Air force Pilot
46 Years Old
President of the Q City Airlovers Association

Ryan Bingham Powell
Air Qingland Pilot
31 Years Old

Just need one more crucial piece of info: What are their aircraft numbers?

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Oh, hell yeah! Let's get this show on the road!
Of course I am in again, just let me quickly fetch all relevant information from the previous thread...
Though, may I still post about it on Piffle?

Name: Marla Eitleoir of the Tribe of Fingal.
Year of birth: 1995.
Aircraft Number: 14.
Appearance: Here.

Marla comes from a family of aviators, some of them military aviators, others not. Her grandfather, Commander Finnegan Cailpís of the Tribe of Monaghan, was one of the pilots flying the Fabhcun, the first jet fighter in service with the SDF, while her mother, Gwen Eitleoir worked as a test pilot for Sciathan for a long time.
She was, quite literally, born on an airfield.
Making her Glider-License with 10, prop-plane license with 15 and Jet License with 20, it was clear, that she saw her own future in the skies and not on the ground. She soon switched to motorized airplanes, developing a liking for flying vintage fighterplanes. Although she was often asked, whether or not she wanted to join an airline or even the SDF instead of flying as a hobby aside from school, she always scoffed at the very thought and idea...
...only to, upon graduation, join a stunt team as their pilot for everything with wings and propellers. Her grandfather, upon that message reaching him, laughed out loud.
As part of that team, she worked with them in several movies, both as an actress, aircamerawoman and stunt-pilot, and is scheduled to work with them in several to come, amongst them as a seaplane pilot in the film version of Abhcan's Little Daggers.
Racing with planes is nothing new to her as well, from her first forays into that after being spurred on by fellow flight students to several air races in the Free Lands, she had participated in quite a few. Her own personal lucky number, the 14, has stayed with her through most of it. This will be her first series of races, though. She knows the Vampire as well and likes to fly her.

Name: Raidri Leathchúpla of the Tribe of Navan.
Year of birth: 1988.
Aircraft Number: 41.

Raidri was still a baby, when he was born as the oldest of four children, the other three being sisters and models and actresses, he was left to pursue the family-business, the Leathchupla Airlines, a small airline with a few planes, mostly small passenger planes - not that he minded, though.
From early childhood on, he spent much of his free time on planes and near planes on the airfield near Riverwood, where the main base of operations for his family's business was, learning about them and their intricacies. When he was old enough to make his flight license for powered aircraft, it was basically a formality. But he wasn't satisfied with just the small passenger haulers his family's business had - he wanted bigger, further, faster.
The SDF didn't want him, which was returned in kind, but he still wasn't satisfied, which was why he turned to air racing as soon as someone suggested it. He cut impressive figures into the sky, first with propeller aircraft, then with jets, even managing to get licenses for the Fabhcun, the Seachmall and the Gaoth, jet aircraft formerly in services of the SDF, as well as the Vampire.
What began as a hobby slowly turned into an obsession, much to the worries of his parents, who he works for - technically. Wouldn't it be for him having his plane in company colours and being good at it (thus generating positive marketing), they would have fired him long ago... their main hope is, that he may find a racer one day, who slows him down, reminds him of the fact, that there are important things on the ground as well...
...preferably a female racer, for they want their grandkids one of these days.

Name: Amy Ollmhór of the Tribe of Dundalk.
Year of Birth: 1992.
Aircraft Number: 42.
Appearance: Office Lady.

In the, admittedly small, air-racing circles in the Free Lands, Amy Ollmhór of the Tribe of Dundalk is a bit of an oddity, mainly because she is, by heart, not a pilot or aviatrix, but an actress (she is planned to appear on screen with Marla in the film-version of Abhcan's Little Daggers as a woman from Shella, her own birthplace), model and trained IT-Specialist. Air racing for her is, indeed, just a hobby between jobs and shootings.
Despite that, she has passion and will to win, a certain drive and passion, that many other hobbyists lack.
She has started out with flying small propeller-planes, including her training on a Giodróg and several air races on the Shane Airworks Piongain Seaplane Fighter, with her jet license and training on the Vampire being only a recent addition.
In 2018, she ranked fifth in the Mianach Air Race, Jet Division, and third in the Propeller Division.

Many a joke has been cracked about her 'fuel tanks', which she sees rather calm, often joking with them, that she has to have a few metres more of runway due to the additional mass.

Name: Erblin Piteog of the Tribe of Wicklow.
Year of Birth: 1989
Aircraft Number: 07

Erblin Piteog of the Tribe of Wicklow was born as son of Lieutenant Commander Finley Piteog of the Tribe of Wicklow, an aviator in the services of the SDF-Navy, his mother dying due to complications. He was raised by his father, who, due to the intervention of Vice-Admiral Curadh, was henceforth only posted ashore, as well as his squadron.
He was also raised with a love for flying and aircraft as well, soon in his young life being introduced to the Sneachta Naval Reconnaissance Plane and Submarine Hunter, his father taking him on the odd patrol (which was not allowed, but which he did anyway). He had a nice and good childhood, but quickly learning when he came into puberty, that girls held little for him - boys, however...
He graduated High School and followed in his father's footsteps, not into the SDF, but into the Skies, which he accepted with a grin and a pat onto the shoulders. At Flight School, he was quickly embroiled into fierce competition with fellow student Raidri Leathchúpla of the Tribe of Navan, who dragged him into air races and trouble, soon making his licenses for jet aircraft and propeller aircraft, getting his hands on an old Ulóg Transport Plane, which he used to begin his own little passenger business, flying the line from Fortham to Traverse.
But air races... they had never left his mind and when in 2012, the Rally Fortham-Rua was announced to have a section for transporters, he was in, flying his Ulóg to the eigth place. From there, he had sniffed blood, getting his hands on an old, vintage Sciathán Iolar, a long-range fighter in service with the SDF in the 30s and 40s, before he began to participate in air races in earnest, getting his first victory in 2016. His business was turned into a request-only business, his line abandoned. When participants were searched for the NASJAR 1 Cup, he was onboard almost immediately.
Erblin is openly homosexual and has a boyfriend.

Name: Seabhcóir Aerodrome Racefield.
Course Record: 14:54 Minutes for one lap.
Course Description:
    The course is a 195 kilometre long course marked by pylons, which the racers have to fly through at prescribed heights, some of them a few metres off the ground, some considerably higher, taking them around the Town of Seabhcóir, the Town of Falconers on the edges of the Trossach, and a few outlying communities. The race is set for five laps. While there will be fast stretches, the most of the race will be spent in tight manoeuvres demanding for the skill of the pilot.
    Housing for pilots, aircraft and staff is provided by the Seabhcóir Aerodrome. Although no volcanoes are present, the cows on the fields are going to get quite a scare.
Course History:
    The Seabhcóir Aerodrome Racefield began its life as a track of flat earth used by airplanes for commercial flights and the young SDF-Army Aviation Group, which also included several fighters. These fighters were the first racers here as well, as the pilots of the SDF-Army tested their new aircraft in every way they could. It was also here, that the SDF-Army had their first loss by aircraft accident, a pilot crashing with deadly results.
    In 1936, the Aerodrome was expanded with concrete runways and massive hangars, the SDF paying for half of it, private investors for the other. It soon became a hub for commercial air traffic and, in some aspects, also the pilot school for most of the Free Lands' early airlines. The Sensational Siblings Stunt Flight had its origins here in 1937, and their last performance in 1962 was here as well.
    In 1944, the SDF-Army left their part of the Aerodrome and left it all in the civilian hands of the town, which had begun to appreciate the airport and the jobs it created. It was also in 1944, that the first official air race was held here, the Fabhcun Trophy, a race from Seabhcóir to Silverport. Since then, this trophy is flown for every three years, for the next time in 2019.
    But also smaller air races, air shows and stunt shows are held here, with the locals saying, that it's a good day, when a plane falls onto one of the fields and a bad day, when it falls onto a house.

Name: Mianach Air Racing Course in Gaineamh, Oileánra-Archipelago.
Course Record: 7:01:789 on the Fabhcun.
Course Description:
    Over the picturesque tropical archipelago that is the Oileánra-Archipelago, this course itself is relatively short, the most of the pylons over open water bound by ships or buoys, but its length and difficulty stems from the fact, that these pylons aren't simply to pass, but the contestant has to perform aerobatics while doing so, failure to do so resulting in hefty time penalties, mistakes while doing so resulting in smaller time penalties. For some teams, logistics might be a problem as well, as the Gaineamh Aerodrome does not have runways for larger freight planes - however, nearby Dumhach has a large harbour and the Gaineamh Aerodrome includes a seaplane port.
    One of the tracks sponsors, Silverport Dockyards Limited, has agreed to put a vessel or two of its yard fleet at the disposal of the contestants in need of such a service.
Course History:
    Much like Seabhcóir Aerodrome, Gaineamh Aerodrome is a former air base of the SDF, which built the place in 1936 and left in 1956 in favour of Dumhach Airfield. For a decade, the runways and hangars stood still and silent, until an enterprising soul decided to reopen it in 1968 after renovations from 1966 onwards. With a new tower and other installations, the air field became a famous spot for forays into the Archipelago from tourists by air, the first Mianach Air Race being held there in 1970.
    During the Second Vellenge War in 1983, the aerodrome was shut down and hosted a flight of Seachmall Fighter-Bombers - rumours persist to this day, that they were placed there to drop nuclear weapons on Lutetii, should Operation Summer Sun fail, but the SDF regularly declines to comment such rumours.
    Renovations in 2009 and 2010 added a number of new hangars, a small firefighting station and two small hotel complexes, one for day-visitors, the other for crews. In 2016, a Monarcha M-22 Faoilean Transporter crashed on the runway and burnt out, with three of the crew and two of the passengers dying, while one crew member and twelve passengers survived with a variety of injuries.
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

Jebslund
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:39 pm

The Selkie wrote:Oh, hell yeah! Let's get this show on the road!
Of course I am in again, just let me quickly fetch all relevant information from the previous thread...

Go for it!
Last edited by Jebslund on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:57 pm

Jebslund wrote:
The Selkie wrote:Oh, hell yeah! Let's get this show on the road!

Go for it!

Wonderful! I'll post something there tomorrow by the latest!
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:03 pm

Tag! Apps and such will be coming soon.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:08 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:Tag! Apps and such will be coming soon.

Yay, TFF is coming with us!
We just need to figure out how the relationships proceeded...

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Name: Dakov Weimar
Appearance:

Country of Birth: The Frozen Forest
Jet Name: The Flying Fox
Jet Number: 09
Theme: Duel of the Fates
Biography: Dakov is the son of Otto Weimar and Gudrid Weimar, formerly Gudrid Björk. His great grandfather, Torfi was a celebrated and great Air-Racing Champion, though his grandfather and father never took up the sport. His father composed a plethora of journals and self-guides. As a young boy, Dakov came upon these treasures while exploring his fathers attic and fell in love with it. He attended his first Air-Race at the age of six, and his father saw the young boys potential. As a former member of the Royal House, his mother Gudrid received an allowance monthly from the state. This money was put towards his training and his future career. His first plane was called The Black Lynx, and at the age of 16 he won his first competition in the Western Territories.

He crashed two competitions later, at the age of 17 and a half. What was salved from the Black Lynx was added to his new plane, The White Lynx. He would go on to win a number of Frozen Forestrian competitions, and with the announcement of the WARC, Dakov knew that it was fate that he compete. Unfortunately the Race was seemingly postponed and he was left with an overwhelming dream and no way to reach it. Then came the announcement of NASJAR, though this event used jets which his family could never afford.

The Frozen Forestrian Government caught wind of their story as it was looking for competitors to put into NASJAR. They agreed to train him for six months prior to the events beginning. When the time came he officially entered NASJAR and competed well. During that same time he began to date another race, Amy Ollmhór.

Name: Armati Toscano
Appearance:

Jet Name: The Flying Circus
Jet Number: 10
Theme: Dreams
Biography: Armati was born as the son of a member of the house of Toscano. The Toscano house was born in Italy but soon came to The Frozen Forest in the 1700's, becoming a trusted family that ended up forming the largest circuses in the country. They dominated the occupation, but a life as a acrobat didn't interest the young Armati. He was someone who wanted to fly, and faster than ever before. Jet Racing is a passion of his and he has been doing it for years in The Frozen Forest. There aren't many competitors so when he learned of an International Competition he petitioned TFF's government to allow him to compete for his nation, they gratefully accepted. Somehow, throughout NASJAR 1 he managed to outdo many other flyers, though was eventually eliminated. Now with NASJAR 2 beginning, he has come along and decided to give it another go.

Name: Arnbjorn Hjolfson
Appearance:

Jet Name: The McClark
Jet Number: 11
Theme: Dragon Rider
Biography: Arnbjorn is the son of a Norwegian and a Frozen Forestrian, both of which were poor. He didn't care much for planes when he was younger, preferring instead to sail the seas with his parents. He dreamed of owning a fishing ship one day, but alas fate stepped in and he was injured at the tender age of fourteen. The injury wasn't significant, but what it did do was put him in the hospital. For six months his only entertainment was listening to the stories of another patient, a jet pilot who had retired and was suffering a horrible bout with cancer. The two become friends despite the huge difference in age. The Patient died at the age of 77, he was the oldest Jet Pilot in TFF and his successor would be Arnbjorn. He promised that he would win an international competition in the name of Henry McClark, his best friend. He trained and trained and won every regional competition he could find, there weren't many. Then he heard of NASJAR, his opportunity to honor a friend had come. Though he didn't win, he came incredibly close with a fourth place placement at the end. He is dating the Marla Eitleoir, another pilot from the first set of NASJAR races.

One more pilot incoming at some point tomorrow.

The Selkie wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:Tag! Apps and such will be coming soon.

Yay, TFF is coming with us!
We just need to figure out how the relationships proceeded...

Well, we could just say that it was a happily ever after up until now, then have some sort of issues begin early in NASJAR 2? Thats the premise i'm going under with my apps, unless you have another idea?
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:30 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:[...]
Well, we could just say that it was a happily ever after up until now, then have some sort of issues begin early in NASJAR 2? Thats the premise i'm going under with my apps, unless you have another idea?

Hm... How about we leave the great fallout between Marla and Arnbjorn for after the second or third race, while Amy and Dakov simply drifted apart, try to reconnect, but fail to do so and do the mature thing of breaking up before they hurt each other?

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:06 pm

The Selkie wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:[...]

Hm... How about we leave the great fallout between Marla and Arnbjorn for after the second or third race, while Amy and Dakov simply drifted apart, try to reconnect, but fail to do so and do the mature thing of breaking up before they hurt each other?

Thats fine with me, it should make for some interesting posts. Should Amy and Dakov have already drifted apart between races, or should they drift apart during them?

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:54 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:
The Selkie wrote:

Thats fine with me, it should make for some interesting posts. Should Amy and Dakov have already drifted apart between races, or should they drift apart during them?

Drifted apart between seasons, realize it between the first and second race, on a date.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:29 am

The Selkie wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:Thats fine with me, it should make for some interesting posts. Should Amy and Dakov have already drifted apart between races, or should they drift apart during them?

Drifted apart between seasons, realize it between the first and second race, on a date.

Sure, i like that idea. That'll allow us to RP the breakup.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:58 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:
The Selkie wrote:

Sure, i like that idea. That'll allow us to RP the breakup.

I hope, that it won't be too heavy - if it will be, we might have to ask the host to arm the Vampires again for a bit of dogfighting, even if it is only with paint-bullets... ; )
Actually, that would be an idea, if only for a charity event aside from the races.

Jebslund
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:52 pm

The Selkie wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:Sure, i like that idea. That'll allow us to RP the breakup.

I hope, that it won't be too heavy - if it will be, we might have to ask the host to arm the Vampires again for a bit of dogfighting, even if it is only with paint-bullets... ; )
Actually, that would be an idea, if only for a charity event aside from the races.

That *would* make for a good event...

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:31 am

Jebslund wrote:
The Selkie wrote:

That *would* make for a good event...

Especially for charity - I'd watch it! A nice, little free for all with paint bullets.
Though I would propose, that you decide on the results and maybe even on who shoots down whom...

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:48 am

Name: Kristen Foster, #27
Course Description: The course begins in the city of Grande Mountain, at Grande Mountain International Airport. As you imagine, this is a mountainous area, making the start the most challenging part of the race as the jets look for position while in an area of high peaks. They fly southeast towards Concord Heights in what is a typical path for conventional aircraft between the cities, so it is a safe route. They do not go all the way towards Concord Heights, and loop back around in a challenging though manageable turn which is directly over a river. Next they approach Grande Mountain again, but are a bit north of the city. They then loop back around, go over the Grande Mountain International Airport, and that completes the first of lap.
(Optional) Course History: Cassadaigua does not have an official jet racing series, but the course was set up by experienced pilots who have raced one another, unofficially for smaller prizes.

Foster is a 34-year old with 15 years of flying experience. She has participated in those aforementioned races for nine years, and is the most frequent winner. She is the only pilot that Cassadaigua is sending to the series, as they are not sure how much interest there will be at home over this. Five Star Mobile will sponsor the effort.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

NASJAR
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby NASJAR » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:21 am

Updated!

Cassadaigua wrote:Name: Kristen Foster, #27

Foster is a 34-year old with 15 years of flying experience. She has participated in those aforementioned races for nine years, and is the most frequent winner. She is the only pilot that Cassadaigua is sending to the series, as they are not sure how much interest there will be at home over this. Five Star Mobile will sponsor the effort.

There seems to be a bit of confusion regarding the boxed form... The form in the box is for the course info, meaning the name in the form is the race/course name. There is currently no form for pilot info. You can enter that in any way you wish.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:46 am

The Selkie wrote:
Jebslund wrote:That *would* make for a good event...

Especially for charity - I'd watch it! A nice, little free for all with paint bullets.
Though I would propose, that you decide on the results and maybe even on who shoots down whom...

I'd be up for it, it sounds like a lot of fun, especially since Dakov isn't trained to dogfight. For Charity!

Still working on a fourth character, thinking it will be a girl but i haven't decided more than that.

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Name: Fritjof 'Fritz' Vang
Title: Prince of the Vannish Empire, Major - Vannish Army.
Requested Number: 25

Prince Fritz is one of the most iconic Vangazi across the Empire. He served his time as an infantry officer in the Vannish Army. Prince Vang is a major investor and entrepreneur. He has all thrown his hat into the sporting world before. Fritz made a publicity stunt of entering a sailing competition. He even qualified for an Olympiad. Fritz was never expected to medal.

He enjoys the spirit of competition. His flying experience started at age 16. He's spent half of his life flying private aircraft. He stepped up training under the guidance of his cousin, Duke Harssen. They were banking on being bold and daring. Neither pilot knew what to expect. They had run a few courses and ran against each other.

He requested the number #25 in honor of his favorite racer.

Name: Sven "Popeye" Harssen
Titles: Duke of West Vangaziland, Major - Vannish Air Force
Requested Number: 33

Duke Harssen flew F-16 fighters from ages 20 to 28. His military training started at 18. Many think he is one of the best Vannish fighter pilots of this generation. The reason is because he can do more with less. Some say he is artistic behind the throttle of an F-16. Just as the F-16 was phased out, so was the Duke. He was offered a role as instructor.

He only served to fly patrols. The thought of a desk job didn't appeal to him. Since retirement, he flies private aircraft often. When the first NASJAR season was announced, Duke Harssen and his cousin prepared for the second. Sven expects to fly for fun. It sounds like a great way to see the world.

The Duke got the sarcastic callsign 'Popeye' after an admiral once claimed the airman "flew like a Navy pilot". His number 33 is in honor of cousin Jenna Vandersen's WGP2 run.

Name: Ananda "Mondo" Sturlasdotter
Titles: Lieutenant - Imperial Navy, 72nd Fighter Squadron
Requested Number: 72

The Imperial Navy and the Vannish Air Force are showcasing a competition between the two branches. Each service would send one pilot to race in NASJAR. The Vannish Navy sent a pilot who recently earned the title of ace. LT. Sturlasdotter flew F-35 carrier operations near a place called Yanjin. She brings fast reflexes and a love for flying.

Name: Augustus "Pilgrim" Huskinson
Titles: Major - Vannish Air Force, 555th Fighter Squadron
Requested Number: 64

VAF representative Maj. Huskinson is a loud braggard of a fighter pilot. He may not hold an ace title, but he earned quite a bit of experience flying air support in the air war over Al-Khalifiya. He flies the F-23 in one of the most utilized combat squadrons in the Vannish Air Force. He will try his best to top the team from the Navy and the two Royals. He especially hopes to prove himself against LT. Sturlasdotter.

Aircraft: Saab 21R
This fighter/attack aircraft patrolled the skies over Vangaziland from the late 1940s into the early 1950s. The aircraft will be black with silver underbodies. The roundels feature three crowns to represent each Imperial Vannish House. Vang, Harssen and Vandersen. The crowns will be red on an indigo background. Aircraft numbers will be red with indigo outlines.

The 21R is listed as a similar aircraft to the DE Havilland Vampire.

Name: Heske River Run
Course Record: 12:32:211
Course Description:
The event starts flying north out of Westermark Regional Airport near the Esportivan city of Heske. The course will follow a highway that twists east through hills until it curves around to enter Heske. The city is known for Old World style buildings with bright orange roofing. The flight path will turn sharply above a large, ornate fountain in the center of town. From here, they race south towards the river. The aircraft will follow the twists and turns of the waterway until another near 90 degree turn sends them back towards the start point. The course should provide plenty of twists with a few strong straights.
The event is taking place in Vangaziland's Esportivan territory. The colony has been petitioning for more sporting events. The chance to watch Imperial Royals race in the skies would be something many will not want to miss. Crowds are expected to flock to Heske. Many people would set up caravans and try to find themselves along the race route. Others will pay for tickets at the official granstands. Heske beat offers of hosting the event from Blue Coast and North Emeros in the Mainland.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:54 am, edited 8 times in total.

NASJAR
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby NASJAR » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:56 am

Updated.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:43 am

Course Name: The Grande Air Course
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports