NATION

PASSWORD

Games of the XIII Olympiad OOC Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:51 am

Ioudaia wrote:Oh, drat! I get another silver medal in the thanking the Olympic host category. :)

Thanks, Free Republics! The games ran smoothly, and I appreciated the days off. They made for better RPing, I think.

I think you got bronze in that. I finished down where a lot of my 100s did, about 8th or something.
Thanks for being a good host, Free Republics, and especially for my largest gold mine yet.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:54 am

Mad props to FFR. Thanks! Looking forward to the next Olympics.

:clap:

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:09 am

Ioudaia wrote:Oh, drat! I get another silver medal in the thanking the Olympic host category. :)

Thanks, Free Republics! The games ran smoothly, and I appreciated the days off. They made for better RPing, I think.

I agree with that. The days off weren't bad. They definitely helped me pace RP better with so much else going on in NS Sports.

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:11 am

If anyone is looking for a trade off. Please tg me. Any non medal winning athlete is up for grabs except Bunny St Claire, I'm not done with that character yet.

Especially on the look out for an artistic gymnasts female, male pole Vaulter, beach volleyball male.

They will get a feature article in the next Summer Olympics next year.

Also looking for some non-human athletes who may want to join West Phoenicia also. Whether for Summer or Winter Games.

Ioudaia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ioudaia » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:05 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:

I think you got bronze in that.

*disputes the call* :P

Yes, you're right; I missed your note. But still, Free Republics ran the games well.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Kind of disappointed that I didn't win anything but, then again, I pretty much stopped RPing because of the World Cup of Hockey starting (and not because everyone kept dying). Even though there were a few days of no scorination that could mean I could get RPs done, I still couldn't think of anything to RP with. Though to be fair, I pretty much sucked at everything but the rugby (and even then I didn't do as well as I should've done) and I have low expectations going into the Olympics so I'm not exactly bothered by it.

Either way, great tournament Free Republics, great RPs everyone and congratulations to all of our medal winners, whether they be gold, silver or bronze. And commiserations to everyone who didn't win anything.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017

Postby West Phoenicia » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:55 pm

Elejamie wrote:Kind of disappointed that I didn't win anything but, then again, I pretty much stopped RPing because of the World Cup of Hockey starting (and not because everyone kept dying). Even though there were a few days of no scorination that could mean I could get RPs done, I still couldn't think of anything to RP with. Though to be fair, I pretty much sucked at everything but the rugby (and even then I didn't do as well as I should've done) and I have low expectations going into the Olympics so I'm not exactly bothered by it.

Either way, great tournament Free Republics, great RPs everyone and congratulations to all of our medal winners, whether they be gold, silver or bronze. And commiserations to everyone who didn't win anything.

I see your nation on the medal tally :-) You didnt leave leave empty handed

Teremaran Olympics Delegation
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Teremaran Olympics Delegation » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:13 pm

Thanks to FFR for the well done job on hosting. It is an immense task and you handled it with grace. Sorry we kind of dropped off there. Our results are deserved due to that. I can speak for our region in saying we had a lot going on, both on NS and in RL.

Sorry to hear about your friend, West Phoenicia.

See you all for the Winter edition.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:19 pm

Hope you don't mind, I want to at least get a RP post up before the closing ceremony, since I need to wrap up my story arc that I made.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:05 pm

Thank you for the fantastic hosting, FFR. I've never RP'd an Olympics that heavily before. This is a shout out to you because the demonstration sports you added really created different RP avenues. I also really liked the off days being spread out over the schedule.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:14 pm

West Phoenicia wrote:If anyone is looking for a trade off. Please tg me. Any non medal winning athlete is up for grabs except Bunny St Claire, I'm not done with that character yet.

Especially on the look out for an artistic gymnasts female, male pole Vaulter, beach volleyball male.

They will get a feature article in the next Summer Olympics next year.

Also looking for some non-human athletes who may want to join West Phoenicia also. Whether for Summer or Winter Games.

Would you like one of my aging athletes who is a former legend?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:50 pm

The Closing Ceremony is now up.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:12 pm

Free Republics wrote:The Closing Ceremony is now up.

Can the RP be kept open for a few days so we can tie up loose ends? I still have to finish the bomber storyline, for instance.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:17 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
Free Republics wrote:The Closing Ceremony is now up.

Can the RP be kept open for a few days so we can tie up loose ends? I still have to finish the bomber storyline, for instance.

Its perfectly fine to continue posting RPs to the Olympic RP thread.

No RPs posted after today's cutoff will count towards any RP bonus as all scorinations have been finished but you may tie up whatever loose ends you wish and/or address the Closing Ceremony as you wish.
Last edited by Free Republics on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:23 pm

Free Republics wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:Can the RP be kept open for a few days so we can tie up loose ends? I still have to finish the bomber storyline, for instance.

Its perfectly fine to continue posting RPs to the Olympic RP thread.

No RPs posted after today's cutoff will count towards any RP bonus as all scorinations have been finished but you may tie up whatever loose ends you wish and/or address the Closing Ceremony as you wish.

I was about to say. I really need to tie up loose ends for my storyline. Especially doing some stuff I want Jessica to do.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:13 am

West Phoenicia wrote:
Elejamie wrote:Kind of disappointed that I didn't win anything but, then again, I pretty much stopped RPing because of the World Cup of Hockey starting (and not because everyone kept dying). Even though there were a few days of no scorination that could mean I could get RPs done, I still couldn't think of anything to RP with. Though to be fair, I pretty much sucked at everything but the rugby (and even then I didn't do as well as I should've done) and I have low expectations going into the Olympics so I'm not exactly bothered by it.

Ah, right. I see it now. Thank you Keith Norton for bringing home something for my citizens to cheer about and thank you West Phoenicia for pointing that out. Still, I'm not particular bothered by not winning that many medals as my guys still had a fun time all-round (plus a good chunk of them have normal day-to-day jobs so it's not like they've wasted a whole lot of training for nothing) and, again, I had low expectations going into the tournament (and, indeed, every Olympiad). That and I stopped RPing after a while so it was no surprise.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Laeral
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 19, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Laeral » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:05 am

I enjoyed the Olympics as well, although the vast number of sports did make the whole thing look a little overwhelming. This was my second NS Sports event ever (the first being the most recent Winter Olympics) and I really enjoyed being able to involve other nations more in RP, and branch out from the standard 'news article' style RP that I used to focus on. And thanks to West Phoenicia and Vangaziland for letting me be involved in a little piece of your rivalry storyline.

And I concur with everyone else that having the off days was really helpful. There were a lot of times when I knew I wouldn't have the time to write up a full RP post, and so I would hope desperately for Free Republics's post announcing an off day.
Second Allied Provinces of Laeral: A Chinese-inspired semi-presidential democracy, grappling with the legacy of French colonial rule.
Author of Issue #808, Big Trouble in Little Dàguó, and Issue #971, Ambassadors Inextraordinary

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016

Postby Diarcesia » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:01 am

Elejamie wrote:
West Phoenicia wrote:

Ah, right. I see it now. Thank you Keith Norton for bringing home something for my citizens to cheer about and thank you West Phoenicia for pointing that out. Still, I'm not particular bothered by not winning that many medals as my guys still had a fun time all-round (plus a good chunk of them have normal day-to-day jobs so it's not like they've wasted a whole lot of training for nothing) and, again, I had low expectations going into the tournament (and, indeed, every Olympiad). That and I stopped RPing after a while so it was no surprise.

I also had a rough start and I noticed that the cumulative RP bonuses (over 3 days for this one) kind of paid off in the latter half of the games. You can do it. Reading some sports articles or watching medal rounds in RL Olympics can help.

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:15 pm

I wanted to thank FFR for doing a great job hosting. I had a lot more I wanted to do with my storylines but the ideas came when the motivation was lacking. Looking forward to sending a bigger delegation to the next Summer Games (and now thinking about what the next Winter Games events I might take a chance on).
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Central Shaneville
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Central Shaneville » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:20 am

Read through the Summer Olympics results and rp thread and I have to say it looked great (granted my nation didnt appear in this olympics and only appeared in the 13th Winter Olympics so far) cant wait to return to the Winter Games and also I look forward to the next Summer games as I prefer the Summer Games either way whats not to like about a NationStates olympics?
CENTRAL SHANEVILLE ACHIEVEMENTS:

13th Winter Olympics - Men's Giant Slalom - Gold Medalists
Melayu Archipelago Games I - Women's Sepaktakraw - Gold Medalists

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Audioslavia » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:31 am

Central Shaneville wrote:Read through the Summer Olympics results and rp thread and I have to say it looked great (granted my nation didnt appear in this olympics and only appeared in the 13th Winter Olympics so far) cant wait to return to the Winter Games and also I look forward to the next Summer games as I prefer the Summer Games either way whats not to like about a NationStates olympics?

Glad you liked it, Shaneville! Quick note though: The olympics OOC discussion thread isn't this one, it's this one. Try not to bump threads that are over a few months old please!

Cheers,

Audio

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports