NATION

PASSWORD

2018 Ordic Football World Cup (Closed)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nerotysia
Minister

Founded: Jul 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nerotysia » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Game 10
27 November 2018

Nerotysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nerotysia » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Game 11
28 November 2018

Meriad
Spokesperson

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Meriad » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:28 pm

KESTRELS DEMOLISH HUNGGWOK IN 7-1 VICTORY
November Twenty-Ninth, 2018Written by Jeremy Hösterskalling

Vordin, Svandary -- I have no words for last night's game. With the sun setting over the beautiful skyline of Vordin, the Kestrels calmly walked on the field, showed the world what they were made of, and walked back off. No celebration, no gloating. The scoreboard displayed what they didn't need to show. In the ninety-three minute game, the Kestrels didn't let off the pressure for a single moment. Other than a slight hiccup in the 17th minute that allowed Hunggwok their one and only goal of the evening, the Kestrels dominated the ball, with an astounding 69.6% possession statistic and a similarly spectacular 83.1% of all passes being successfully completed. The Kestrels drove down the football pitch like an unstoppable teal battering ram, elegantly evading Hunggwok's highly-regarded defenders and making no fewer than seven goals, evenly spaced throughout the game. Rookie midfielder Vetle Aarhus accounted for two of the goals, forward Christoffer Lorenzen for two, and striker and captain Aslak Evenstad pulled off a hat trick.

To be fair, I am painting an overly rosy picture of the game. Hunggwok did put on a performance worthy of the World Cup, and there were several tense moments around the 18th minute when it looked like Hunggwok would be able to make the game a 2-2 tie. But after Meriadni full-back Robert Ottesen botched a slide tackle, banging up one of Hunggwok's best players and receiving a yellow card for his trouble, the game was largely one-sided. After the whistle blew at the end of the game, the Kestrels huddled up quickly in the center of the field, shook hands with the opponents, and left the field, never waving at the ecstatic crowd in the stands.

Speaking of the fans, there were more than 28,000 Meriadnir in the stadium cheering on the team, the more than double the number of people in my hometown. If there were people present wearing Hunggwok's colors, I couldn't seem them drowning in the sea of turquoise and Prussian blue. After the game, I pulled goalkeeper Haakon Fuglestad aside to ask him how he thought the game went. He smiled, and congratulated his teammates for putting him out of a job.

MEET THE TEAM
If by some miracle you've managed to avoid the constant player profiles airing on national television, here's a rundown of some of the starting Kestrels and their performances thus far in the tournament.

Aslak EvenstadStriker and Team Captain
Evenstad is the glue that holds the Kestrels together. At 34, he is the second-oldest starting player on the team, but has earned his place. Between 2013 and 2017, he was the top scorer in the Domestic Leagues four times, and his team, the White Wolves, consistently wins national and seasonal titles. In the last game against Hunggwok, he scored a hat trick.
Fast Facts: 6'3", 34 yrs, VikingMeter™ 15/19, married (sorry ladies...)

Haakon FuglestadGoalkeeper and Team Dad
If you have a problem, take it to Fuglestad. As the most senior player on the field, he has a reputation for being able to effortlessly solve disputes as well as stopping an on-goal kick like a brick wall. Fuglestad is one of the few goalkeepers in the Domestic Leagues to have ever scored a goal. He has five children (three adopted), and can be seen swimming in the Húsavik harbor and running adventure races through the Uinkarets.
Fast Facts: 6'2", 39 yrs, VikingMeter™ 20/19, great beard.

Vetle AarhusAttacking Midfielder and Kestrels Rookie
Though he be but new, he is fierce. Aarhus has racked up four goals in this year's tournament, the most on the team, and has a blonde beard to die for. If you run into him off the practice pitch, then you're probably in the library of Sorknes Royal Astronomical and Mathematical Observatory, where he is a student and spends much of his free time. He took this semester off to play in the World Cup, which I'm sure was a very difficult decision.
Fast Facts: 6'3", 22 yrs, VikingMeter™ 17/19, single and ready to mingle.

Christoffer LorenzenForward and Professional Monk
In addition to being reasonably good a moving the ball down the field (arguably best in the Domestic Leagues), Lorenzen volunteers at the ancient Horizon monastery at Halvers Island and is an ordained minister in the Church of Meriad. If you're looking for someone to lead you in prayer and then crush you in a game of football, Lorenzen is your man. He scored twice in the game against Hunggwok.
Fast Facts: 5'9", 32 yrs, VikingMeter™ 14/19, can call down hellfire on opponents.

Daniel BlegenWinger and Diehard Footballer
One of Blegen's first memories is from when he was five years old, sitting in the freezing rain and watching his father's community football team win the municipal championship. The sleet seems to have done something to his brain, because he has since dedicated his life to the sport. He has played for the While Wolves, the Dragons, the Outlanders, and now the Kestrels, and has worked himself to the bone for every single minute of play time.
Fast Facts: 5'11", 25 yrs, VikingMeter™ 15/19, most menacing grimace.

Vebjørn StrommeCenter-Back and Parliamentarian
Stromme comes from a very different sort of family tradition than Blegen. Stromme's father, uncle, and grandfather all serve in the Hall of Jarls, and all three represent different parties. I can only imagine the conversations that take place around the dinner table and family functions.
Fast Facts: 5'10", 24 yrs, VikingMeter™ 11/19, incredible man-bun.

Robert OttesenFull-Back and Team Immigrant
Ottesen is the only starter for the Kestrels who was born outside of Meriad. This black-haired, wiry, whip of a man hails from Svandary, but seems to have no lost love for the country where he was born; He ruthlessly pursued Svandary's players throughout the game two weeks ago, and blocked the ball just about as many times as Fuglestad, the goalkeeper. If he feels he has something to prove by being a foreigner, then he proved it a long time ago, because the Kestrels can't do without him.
Fast Facts: 5'6", 23 yrs, VikingMeter™ 16/19, possible subversive.
Last edited by Meriad on Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE KINGDOM OF MERIADTHE OUTER RIM CONFEDERACY (FT)
Ordic TechnocratMeriad on the Ordic Encyclopedia[CAUTION: Roleplaying Hivemind!]
Demonyms: Singular: Meriadni - Plural: Meriadnir - Noun: Meriadni

Nerotysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nerotysia » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:14 pm

Game 12
29 November 2018

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:44 pm

YEONGSEON DAILY 영선일보
Headline News | Business | National | Politics | International | Sports | Culture | Editorial | Op-ed
영선기 | 普通話 | 白川語 | Anglian

An Edge of Seat Match That Ends in a Tie

Midfielder Lee Sang-hoon having mixed view on the tie game

Go Jun-shik (@GoGo92)

November 30th, 2018
- The Musketeers of the Commonwealth Football Team entered the game against the Suavian Football Team with morales high, they defeated the one of the highest ranking football team in their first match in a close game against the Hyspanian Conquerers in a score of 2-1, an underdog victory for a low ranked football team (despite its popularity in the country). With such a victory, fans and players alike are awashed with celebration with some boasting that this victory will carry them all the way to the World Cup.

Clearly, their underdog victory against the Conquerers would rollover to their match against Suavia. However, the game was not a victory but a tie, surprising the spectators with an ending score of 3 to 3. It's evident that the Suavian defeat to Shirakawa motivated their players to step up their game against Yeongseon, both teams playing back and forth in their attempt to score their own goals. It was an edge of your seat battle that ended in the first tie for the 2018 World Cup, certainly a different game than the lopsided victory Meriad enjoyed against Hunggwok in the November 28th game which saw the Kestrels win in the score of 7 to 1.

So sure of their victories, the fans of the Musketeers were stunned by this development. Many fans, having seeing the Musketeer's victory over the Conquistadors, were expecting a similar underdog victory against the SFT. However, an underdog streak was not meant to be as despite their efforts, Musketeers fell short of a close victory and ended in a tie.

"While we managed to pull off a game that wasn't a defeat against a higher ranked player, it certainly wasn't a victory and we could do better," Manager Kim Taiji said. "Compared to our victory against the Conquerors, this result isn't really something to celebrate but to improve upon."

The result wasn't a total loss, though. Despite being a tie, the Yeongseon Musketeers still leads the Shirakawan Black Foxes and the Hyspanic Conquerors in Group A with 4 points in comparison to the Black Foxes and the Conquerors having 3 points. If the Musketeers pulled off a victory against the Black Foxes for the December 5th game, the Yeongseon Musketeers would emerge first place for Group A and would have a shot facing the runner-up for Group B, which is looking to be the Meriadni Kestrels at the moment.

"We've learned our lesson and we will train harder and smarter in our next game against the Black Foxes," Goalkeeper Ahn Yu-jin said. "Well, I certainly did at least. But this tie will never happen again, I assure you all."

In other news, the game between Yeongseon and Suavia drew in the highest amount of crowds from the Commonwealth in terms of digital views, the game drew in record numbers of viewers in TV; definitely a good news for MBC Sports. It's not just in television as various streaming websites such as StreamersUnion and BoxTV reported high traffic and visits for channels streaming the game. I guess the real victory of this game goes to the middlemen who streams the game to millions of viewers.
Last edited by Intermountain States on Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

New Spanishland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Spanishland » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:12 pm

Home / Politics / Economics / World / Sports / Entertainment / Culture / Health / More

Padrino, El Salvador: Shirakawa (2) - Hyspania (3)

Padrino celebrates its third and decisive goal

Argumosa cheers and congratulates the players

November 30th. 2018.

Vorodin- The Hyspanic Conquerors managed to turn the table for Shirakawa’s Black Foxes on an Edge-of-seat match played last Tuesday, being Svandary 2018 tenth game.

Considering the importance of that match for Argumosa and the rest of the Imperial Team changes have been made to improve the capabilities of the players, focusing on the offensive knowing the lack of initiative displayed on the last match. “Despite the good attitude of our forwards, we could learn that there was little coordination to establish an association game that could lead to more precise and dangerous moves on rival turf, it is now one of our main issues on the trainings” states the Team Coach.

Back in the stadium the fans and football enthusiasts expected this match for a long time, since it was considered to be the most balanced and attractive game of the group, both on fame and technical aspects. Hyspanic fans displayed waved again their flags and displayed their colonial costumes on what became a new high on audience for TV, radio as well as a peak on internet live streaming.

The match started with clear attacks for both teams, each one with their own style and rhythm: the Black Foxes attempted frontally to cause a shock in the Imperial defense while the Conquerors followed their flanking speed runs strategy to detect any fragility on the left or right sides of the field.

Nobody, nor the Hyspanic or the Black Foxes fans expected that young forward Koshikawa managed to slip from Luis Da Costa, the Hyspanic Center Defender to shoot Renier Rojas net and put the first goal in the match. While Shirakawa Fans cheered and celebrated the Imperial Team followers looked each other only to see concern in their faces, once again they were down on the count.

The Black Foxes knew that if they kept on constant attacks their rivals could hardly respond obligated to keep the defense, nonetheless Hyspania stood gallantly to cover Rojas and avoid any lone ball on a compromising area.

A half hour later, Shirakawa was still trying to weaken the rival defense with no apparent success; it was on minute 33’ when Captain Barrero made a long pass to Soler, seizing a mistake on the opposite defense and started a hectic race to the contrary net, Ignacio Padrino joined the run to support his teammate, it was obvious that the two boys were up to something when “Bernie” made a short pass fooling the central defense, Padrino seized the opportunity and shoot fearless to set a draw in the stadium big screen.

The rest of the first half saw clear goal chances for both teams to gain a step forward on the match but the defense of both teams did their work good enough to maintain the 1 – 1 when the referee blew the wisthle.

The second half was going to be decisive for all the 22 players on the field, a defeat could mean a deadly blow for one but a setback for another so we could see both teams be into the game and play those final 45 minutes like a Knock-Out stage match. The Imperial Team relied on both Soler and Padrino to keep an offensive on the time to come since they seem to have created a pretty efficient association on minute 58’ and 59’ when they overturned the Black Foxes on a quick set of passes but without reaching the field’s bottom.

Again on minute 60’ the Padrino - Soler duo made a swift run by the left flank and held a fantastic goal opportunity when Bernardo gave a long, aerial pass to Ignacio and shoot again to score the Hyspanic advantage on the game. The fans could hardly erase that scene from their memory.

But celebration was premature, four minutes later thanks to a fault made by Midfield Juan Cortes, the Black Foxes had a free shoot, Shitagō capitalized this chance successfully and made the draw return to the big screen, the Imperial Fans could not believe their eyes.

Coach Argumosa understood that a draw was a seemingly way of eliminate the team from the tournament, so made two changes on minute 75’ when the Black Foxes had a shoot-on-target saved by Rojas who grabbed the spherical on an amazing side jump. Joao Neto and Victor Villanueva entered to substitute Da Costa and Cortes respectively.

The changes made seemed to cause effect as midfield and defense were reinforced by veterans and refreshed by young talents; still there was big concern in the Hyspanic side as the time was passing by. It was on the 82’ that everything gave a stunning turn of tides: Soler gave a frontal shoot that the Shirakawan goalkeeper could not hold and send the ball to corner; Xavier Barrero made a long pass perfectly synchronized with Padrino who jumped as high as could and hit the ball with his head to score for third time. The Black Foxes crowd fell in shock as the Conquerors fans were on ecstasy and some even prayed to thank the chance of score again.

Minute 90+2’. The match was over, and the Hyspanic players thanked and shacked hands with their fellow counterparts for the amazing match they had. Padrino was indeed the Man of the Match and “Salvador” (Savior) of all the Conquerors hopes and dreams for Svandary 2018. Argumosa saluted Coach Ekiken to congratulate him for the good game displayed that day.
This match gaves Hyspania its first three points that kept them in the tournament and departs from sudden elimination; the rest of Group A shows Yeonseon leading with 4 points, while Conquerors and Black Foxes share equal results (one victory and one defeat), on the bottom lies Suavia with a single point and nearly out of the World Cup.
Reactions were many as I and managed to pick up some of the better comments on this spectacular match:

This is indeed a relief for all of us, it show us that never is too late to keep on trying. As long as you never give up on your goals, failure is nothing.
– Renier Rojas (Goalkeeper)

The team is successfully responding to the training. Every match we learn that things can be done better and better (…) I want to thank Coach Ekiken again for offering us an outstanding match, I hope play with the Black Foxes again.
– Andres de Argumosa (Coach)

It was a match that you don’t play every day, the struggle was always there and none of us in the field could breathe calmly until the referee announced it.
– Berardo Soler (Forward)

Score three times on a single game and on top of it, on the World Cup. Dreams indeed come true, but we have still a lot to do. We’ll play better and better to achieve our goal.
– Ignacio Padrino (Forward)

Article by Mariam Ferraresi

Other Interesting News.

Politics. "Are progressive policies a threat to the Nation? "
International. "Minister Holt travels to Svandary"
National. "Another political soap-opera: The Liberal turmoil"
Economy. "Insurance companies and how they work just fine "
Sports. "Kestrels’ Overwhelming Victory Explained"
Last edited by New Spanishland on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Escalan Corps-Star Island
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:24 pm

30 de noviembre, 2018
Falkenberg, Svandaria
Eisenburg Arena

Gloria Ramirez, correspondiente especial

The energy was palpable ahead of last week's game. While international news media have focused on the Meriadni fans' displays of national pride, the Hyspanic countries have themselves seen massive contingents of fans in attendance, often at one another's games. Despite delays en route due to thunderstorms in Ahrenrok, I found myself panting and dragging my suitcases to the coat-room before rushing to the gates with my ticket fast in hand. Th scene was breathtaking: Almerian and Svandish fans blanketed the side of the stadium opposite, not a few brandishing oversized flags and foam eagles. But between me and the field crashed a wave of bright colours, primarily the reds and yellows of football jerseys. The strains of the Himno de Marzo were bolstered by not a few voices from our side as the team took to the field.

Fans crowd the Eisenburg Arena before Monday's game.
And what a team! For those of you who haven't been able to catch the match yet, I highly advise it. While not the drubbing many had hoped for, it was nonetheless engaging and showed the players were not faint of heart. Quite the uproar accompanied coach Enrique Santanas' decision to not play star centre-forward Enrique Migos-Parrilla following his encounter with a luggage trolley in the Puerto Yunque airport that went viral Wednesday last, but even without his bravado in the face of the Algerian team, the offence mounted a consistent game, making shots on goal throughout the ninety-three minute of play. Rookie midfielder Telyras kal Ánisi shocked the onlookers with a long goal scarcely nine minutes into the game, prompting a roar from my side of the stands and a resounding chorus of "Altiplano! Venceremos!" By this point I had fully caught my breath and sat at the edge of my seat, rapt with attention.

But the game had only begun. In a signal of what was to come, kal Anisí collided with an Almerian mid-fielder a bit over-enthusiastically at twenty-two minutes, and received a yellow card for his troubles and outrage from the spectators. This dismay was compounded when, following one deflected shot on goal at twenty-three minutes, the Almerian offence redoubled their efforts and broke through goalie Francisco Aguatero's stalwart defence three minutes later, prompting a time-out. To the sound of the crowd's rendition of "Carta Verde", the team took to the field again, and after another spirited drive scored a second goal at thirty-one. In the lead again, the offence saw a number of substitutions as the half approached, and while the Almerians would not approach the goal, neither was the Altiplanero side able to threaten an extension of their lead.

I stepped out at the half to take a call, and returned at the fiftieth minute just in time to see an Almerian winger aim a wicked header at Aguatero, which he thankfully caught and returned to a safer heading. The second half saw more active offensive plays than the first, though of course not to the level of Thursday's thrashing courtesy of the Kestrels. Finally, at seventy-six minutes of regulation, the crowd got to its feet when João Ferreira sent a searing kick into the net for Altiplano's third and final goal of the night. Though the Almerian side evened the score somewhat with a final goal of their own at eighty-one minutes, the game was won.

While exiting the stadium, I was surprised at the number of Hyspanic fans who had come to support our team. While perhaps it isn't a major surprise to learn there are numerous Hyspanic followers of Altiplanero domestic leagues, just as many at home watch theirs regularly, it was a welcome sight to see supporters of both teams forging a connection over the sport they passionately enjoy. In the internationalist spirit of football and indeed, sporting in general, I encourage anyone planning a trip to Svandary to take advantage of this opportunity to meet not only countrymen, but also other international guests, and to better understand their team and its aspirations. Lastly, be sure to clear your schedule as permitted for 21:00 tomorrow evening Svandish time (that's 8:00 Centerenan Standard Time) as the Altiplanero team confronts its next opponent, Valourium. Additionally, stay tuned for an exclusive interview with rookie sensation kal Anisí as we catch up and learn from him what it's like to take part the first World Cup of his career!
Last edited by Escalan Corps-Star Island on Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nerotysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nerotysia » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:48 pm

Game 13
30 November 2018

Nerotysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nerotysia » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Game 14
1 December 2018

Nerotysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nerotysia » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:50 pm

Game 15
2 December 2018

Nerotysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nerotysia » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:51 pm

Game 16
3 December 2018

Nerotysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nerotysia » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:51 pm

Game 17
4 December 2018

Nerotysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nerotysia » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:52 pm

Game 18
5 December 2018

Meriad
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Meriad » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:38 pm

KESTRELS VICTORIOUS OVER ARCADIA IN 3-1 MATCH
November Twenty-Ninth, 2018Written by Jeremy Hösterskalling

Vordin, Svandary -- The Kestrels walked away with their second victory of the 2018 OOF World Cup last night in an exciting match against Arcadia in Vordin last night. The Arcadian team had an incredibly quick start, with their striker scoring a goal within the first minute of regulation play, but then settled into playing catch-up, with Meriad's light-footed midfielders keeping the ball moving up the field. Lorenzen added to his running count with two more goals in the 32nd and 45th minutes, and giving up a shot at a hat trick in order to assist Aarhus in his goal in the 77th minute of play.

Despite not being able to get the ball into the net after the very start of the game, Arcadia's stellar midfielders did an excellent job in their own right, and had four more shots that were only blocked by the Kestrel's goalkeeper, Haakon Fuglestad. One of these, in the 59th minute, hit Fuglestad in the head as he dove for the ball, leaving him with an impressive-looking bloody nose. Fuglestad insisted to stay on the field, and from the stands it looked like he was enjoying the chance to leave a little of himself on the pitch.

As with the last two games, Meriadni attendance at last night's match was impressive; A total of 21,000 Meriadnir were in the stands, well below the last game's record of 28,000, but they made themselves heard just as much. Among those wearing blue jerseys, facepaint, and waving flags were the Prime Minister, Jans Nordvich, and the Prince-consort Elias Hetland, who took the chance to sneak away from the Capital Palace to watch the national team play.

Last night's victory put Meriad in a tie with Svandary for the leader of Group B, although Svandary has yet to play its third game of the group stage. That game against Hunggwok is scheduled for the 6th. Should Svandary win that game, they will be the top-ranked team in the B-group, meaning Meriad will likely face either Shirakawa or Yeongseon in the first quarterfinal game, scheduled for the 16th. Hyspania, which has historically had a spectacular team, also has a good chance of beating Suavia in their upcoming game, and a victory in that match could mean a face-off between the Kestrels and Conquerors.

As always, there is friendly competition between the two top-ranked Spanish-speaking countries, Hyspania and Gran Altiplano, with fans of both teams attending games in support of each other. This friendship could turn ugly, however, if the teams end up facing each other in the semifinals. Meriad's rival with host team Svandary has gotten even more intense, if possible, since the Kestrels' 3-2 loss in the opening game of the tournament, and the Kestrels seem to be begging for a rematch. The Svands are considered by many to be the favorite to win the tournament, but now that the Kestrels have gotten used to the warmer air in Svandary, I have high hopes for the teams to stage rematch in the final game of the tournament.

National Rail is continuing to operate its football service throughout this week, offering inexpensive tickets throughout the day for footballers to travel to games in Svandary and back home to Meriad.
Last edited by Meriad on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ordic TechnocratMeriad on the Ordic Encyclopedia[CAUTION: Roleplaying Hivemind!]

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:31 am

YEONGSEON DAILY 영선일보
Business | National | Politics | International | Sports | Culture | Editorial | Op-ed
영선기 | 普通話 | 白川語 | Anglian

Edge of Seat Game Ends Musketeer's Hope for Victory

Go Jun-shik (@GoGo92)
December 5th, 2018

Vordin - Fans hoping to see the Musketeer's comeback after a tie game were shocked by the close defeat the Commonwealth Musketeers suffered at the hands of the Shirakawan Black Foxes with the ending score of 2 to 1 for the Black Foxes. The game was fast paced with players refusing to keep their eyes off the ball. Despite the efforts of star player Kwon Bong-chul for landing the goal and thers in trying to keep a strong defensive line, the Black Foxes exploited gaps in the defenses and landed blows against the goalie, Ahn Yu-jin. This happened one more time throughout the game and it was ultimately a close victory for the Shirakawan Black Foxes and another less than stellar result for the Yeongseonin Musketeers.

"We trained so hard to win this match," Lee Sang-hoon said. "We gave our all and it was still a defeat." Fan reaction to the game was a mixture of shock and quiet acceptance. The Commonwealth Musketeers, despite under the management of retired star player Kim Taiji and their victory against the Hyspanic Conquerers, lost their hopes to remain first place in the first stage of the three month game.

Although Yeongseon is technically in second place in Group A, there iss still one more match to be played for Group A between Hyspania and Suavia which could determine the Commonwealth's standing. If the Hyspanics defeated the Suavians, then the Hyspanics would move up from third place and replace the Commonwealth from the Runner-ups. If the Suavians beat the the Hyspanics, then the Suavians would move up to third place and Yeongseon would remain in the Runner-ups, moving on to the knockout stage of the game.

Knowing the high standings the Hyspanic Conquerers enjoy compared to the Suavians, Musketeers' hope for a Suavian victory is very slim which was why fans and players knew the importance of the match between the Musketeers and the Black Foxes, if the Musketeers defeated the Black Foxes, then they would be safe enough to enter the knock-out stage. Unfortunately for the Musketeers, the important game on the initial stage ended in a defeat with a very little chance of retaining their runner-up status.

Some fans had harsh reactions to the match result, with Chancellor Han Yul, an avid football fan himself, accusing the Ordic Organization of Football of corruption and rigging the game against Yeongseon.

"Perhaps the Commonwealth should join in the investigations of corruption and bribery," he stated. "Both the governments of Khornera and Meriad are clearly in the right to uncover any potential fouls in the OOF machinations. I can't be the only one suspicious that the Commonwealth football team was facing such heavy odds at the start. Maybe it's time for the Commonwealth to extend a hand for the sake of justice and transparency."

Kim Taiji, the manager, had a more level-headed response to the match. "We were facing a steep hill for victory from the start, a much steeper hill than most of the games we were facing in the initial stage. Despite all odds, we managed to pull off a strong showing at the start. While our hope to move on to the next stage may be dashed, and with any chance of winning the World Cup, I am proud of how this team played and I blame only myself for a potential end to our goal," he said at a conference.

Taiji also questioned the Chancellor's accusation of corruption among OOF officials, stating, "Every team we faced played fair and square from the the Hyspanic Conquerers to the Suavian ________ to the Shirakawan Black Foxes. We cannot simply throw accusations of corruption just for losing a popular sport. Accusing an organization of corruption and disdain against one nation is a serious charge and could derail current investigations attempted other governments that have legitimate causes."

Although the Commonwealth Musketeers may not move to the knockout stage, I will still be in Vordin to report on other football results. It won't be the same without expressing pride for the Musketeers though. They give it their best shot.

Other Stories
Business. Future Solutions CEO Yi Myung-bok under Scrutiny by the SEC
National. Vice-Chancellor Go Ae-sin: Space Force will Be Pursued by the Han Yul Government
Politics. As Election Day Goes Closer, Opposition Justice Party Loses Electoral Advantage
International. The Aftermath of the Shira-Yeongseon Sanctions on Ahrenrok
Sports. Jinha Devils Defeat the Gimsan Crocodiles 13-3 in Friendly Baseball Matchup
Culture. Kim Yoona's "Ballad of Love" Reached First Place on Top Listing Yeongseon
Editorial. December 6th is Election Year, What you Should Know About Close Races
Op-ed. Yi Won: Civility is Always Necessary After Elections
Last edited by Intermountain States on Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

New Spanishland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Spanishland » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:41 am

Home / Politics / Economics / World / Sports / Entertainment / Culture / Health / More

Eduardo Ambassador: "I can provide a stubborn defense"

"I have been studiying the offensive stance our next opponent, I hope to be in the next Line-Up" Says the National Team Left Defender

December 6th. 2018.

Vorodin – The National Team is already working at their camptown with an eye on the upcoming match against Suavia. Several elements of the playground have been exercised with intensity and with the illusion of belonging to a definitive list of 23 players who have trained to compete in Svandary 2018.

One of the elements of the national football that dreams of this is Eduardo Ambassador, player of Tuy Chieftain FC who wants to be with the national team. "I have great joy, and expectation to be in the first call, which is very important for me and my career. I will try to give my best so I can be among the line-up ", said the defender.

Ambassador, who was already directed by Andres de Argumosa in Comet City FC, had good words in reference to the strategist. "He was my coach and we had a very good relationship. He is a man of great personality, of good work, never stops working and always transmits good things. He is always trying to leave you standing well, with personality and work brings out the best in you. "

In turn, the defender who has a slight advantage since the coach knows him, knows that he must work to complete this new challenge in his career. "I have a lot of expectation, a lot of desire to debut and consolidate with the absolute, which has always been my dream. In this new cycle, with a coach who knows me a little more, I'm happy to be here and with the desire very high, "he said.

The player from the Chieftain also commented on what he can contribute to the Conquerors and what Argumosa demands of him. "I think I can contribute a lot of aggressiveness, try to keep improving in all my abilities, in the aerial game. I will try to learn from those who are already consolidated, to consolidate myself and try to be a leader, as the coach asks, "he concluded.

Eduardo Lascurain

Other Interesting News.

Politics. "The Patriotic Coalition meets for their 54th Regional Assembly"
International. "Sanctions on Ahrenrok divides national opinions"
National. "The Imperial Treasure Bank has new director"
Economy "How strong is the Solar?"
Sports. "Spotlight on: Padrino"

New Spanishland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Spanishland » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:37 pm

Match Preview: "All in the hands of the Conquerors"

"This time we know what will come" Says Coach Argumosa to the New Horizon Post crew.

December 6th. 2018.

Vorodin – Many expectations are about the last game that will decide the group A in Svandary 2018, the pupils of Argumosa have in their hands more than the classification of the National Team.

For Los Conquistadores, this game means the last chance to continue in the tournament, a defeat or a draw would send them back home with perhaps the worst result in a world championship: Staying in the group stage.

"We know what we risk here, that's why we are preparing our tested strategies from our High Performance Center, as well as variables and counter-offensive strategies." Says Coach Argumosa.

During the training sessions prior to tomorrow's match, the cohesion and the fluid communication of the players in the accomplishment of the short, long and aerial passes could be appreciated.

Shirakawa's Black Foxes lead the group with 6 points (2 victories, 1 defeat), next is Yeonseon Musketeers with 4 points (1 victory, 1 defeat, 1 draw), followed by Hyspania's Conquerors with 3 points (1 victory, 1 defeat), finally lies Suavia with a single point and virtually outside the World Cup (2 defeats, 1 draw).

If Hyspania wins the match against Suavia by more than 2 goals the place in the knock-out stage is assured, apart from win the first place in the group. One thing is sure dear sport fans, tomorrow's match will go down in history.

Article by Miriam Ferraresi

Other Interesting News.

Politics. "Is Liberalism a failed theory?
International. "Empire's new Policies on Ahrenrok"
National. "How to analize the new electoral map"
Economy "Cryptos and how to use them"
Sports. "Spotlight on: Coach Argumosa"
Last edited by New Spanishland on Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Spanishland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Spanishland » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:14 pm

Official Line-Up of the Hyspanic National Team

Nerotysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nerotysia » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:04 pm

Game 19
6 December 2018

Nerotysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nerotysia » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Game 20
7 December 2018

Nerotysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Game 21
8 December 2018

Nerotysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Game 22
9 December 2018

Last edited by Nerotysia on Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kolintha
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kolintha » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:10 pm

HOME | SHIRAKAWA | INTERNATIONAL | POLITICS | MONEY | SPORTS | OPINION
白川語 | 華語 | 영선기 | ANGLIAN

Alive and Kicking

Shirakawa’s victory over Yeongseon has effectively guaranteed Shirakawa’s place in the OOF World Cup Quarterfinals; but who could we be facing next?

Vordin – The energy here in Svandary following last night’s decisive game between Yeongseon and Shirakawa has been intense. Even now, in the early hours of the morning, fans celebrate drunkenly on the streets.

The musketeers have enjoyed a stunning moment in the spotlight this year, sweeping aside team after team in the early stages of the tournament, including the veteran Hyspanic squad, but a draw against Suavia, and now a 1-2 loss against us have for the most part ended the ambitious team’s hopes, though the final answer will depend on the outcome of the faceoff between Hyspania and Suavia taking place tomorrow.

Of course, Shirakawa has hardly sat idle, and the Black Foxes have also punched above their weight, despite a significant loss of momentum prior to this match. In particular Kawagahara Mako, or ‘Thunderbolt’ as her fans have taken to calling her, has shown her standout skill on the attack. Emboldened by their victory, the Foxes stand ready to push on bravely into the tournament’s knockout stage.

But who could we be facing next? That’s yet to be fully decided, but at the moment it’s looking very strongly like a toss-up between Meriad, yet another one of the bright new insurgent teams taking this year’s World Cup by storm, and Svandary, the very hosts of the tournament.

Both match-ups will prove tough, as the two Ordan teams are at this point equally notorious for their strong offensive potential. Meriad’s towering stars such as Aslak Evenstad and Christoffer Lorenzen have earned illustrious reputations long before they ever set foot on the world stage, having shown their mettle in the little northern country’s domestic leagues, as well as in the 2017 Ordan Championship.

Meanwhile on the Svandish front, there are living legends like Voss and Trotschka, who have already set impressive international records, and have developed cult followings back home to match.

Shirakawa by comparison has consistently exhibited some weakness on the defence, perhaps best shown in its most recent game, where the Yeongseonin striker Kwon managed to easily cleave through the midfield and rear-line in the middle of the first half, scoring effectively uncontested, despite an overall Shirakawan advantage in possession.

At 35 minutes, he nearly repeated his assault a second time, but was stopped by a timely tackle from Yurisa right in front of the goal, a smooth play which seemed to turn the game around, quickly allowing Kawagahara to play to her aggressive strengths and drive the ball into the opposing net by the 41st minute. But the closeness of the action was in itself alarming, and perhaps symptomatic of the youthful inexperience of the Shirakawan squad. Compared even to other relatively freshly formed teams like the Musketeers, the Foxes have had very few chances to really bond with each other, and still fail to maintain a consistent level of performance as a single unit, despite the technical excellence of the individual players.

Similar struggles were had against Hyspania, where the experienced opposing forwards practically melted the Shirakawan formation, and ultimately won the game with a hattrick from Padrino, despite the hammering double-attacks of Koshikawa and Shitagō.

If Coach Yamamoto’s band of plucky youngsters are to triumph in the quarter finals, they’ll have to learn fast, train hard, and analyse the coming games together closely. Most importantly of all, they’ll need to leverage each-other’s skillsets, so that they may present a united front against whoever it is they’ll be facing next.

Kuronuma Natsuko is current chief Sports Correspondent for the Daily Motherland (since 2007). She majored in Sports Science at the University of Ryokawa, and spent 13 years as a football coach, working with clubs large and small across Shirakawa, before finally turning to sports journalism.
家国 Chisei-koku | The State of Chisei
Wiki | Member and Consul of Ordis (Come join us!) | Commonly known as Kol

Nirzatsiya - 06/26/2017
we just love hugging Kols
also hanging them during revolutions

Esc - 06/24/2017
Shady bastard Kol
Plotting, hands on his keyboard
Nowhere's truly safe.

Aki-sama | Yamatai (Toishima) - 06/26/2017
The forces of freedom shall banzai you to free market capitalism

Ming | Haradesh - 07/05/2017
Who needs standard of living when you have quantity of living

New Spanishland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Spanishland » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:42 pm

Heroic Comeback: Suavia (4) – Hyspania (5)

The Conquerors celebrate Soteldo’s decisive goal

December 10th. 2018.

Vorodin – The National Team got its pass to the quarterfinals of the World Cup today in a frenetic match that will certainly go down in the history of national football as one of the most curious results ever achieved. Certainly this match was not made for hypertensive patients.
The last game, the last chance to continue forward in the tournament would be decided against the team of Suavia, who came from draw his second game in group A, but few or no one knew what was coming in the first 45 minutes.

The match had only reached its first minute when, from a free kick charged for infringement of Pedro Guedez Suavia would score the first goal of the game; certainly this did not go well for the fans of the National Team. The promptness of this result caused a haughty effect for Suavia, who again in minute 13’ would attack the defense of Renier Rojas to score the second goal.

The concern on Coach Andres's face was evident, the plans were turning around, even so, and with the circumstances against the coach maintained a sober stance and he knew that the game still had a lot to play and that he should trust his players to develop an efficient counteroffensive in order to set a favorable pace of the match for the Conquistadores. Certainly patience and perseverance paid off: The fearsome pair of Soler and Padrino began to build plays and passes on the flanks to test the defense response capabilities. Thanks to a ball filtered by Padrino in minute 17’ Soler was able to shoot and score the discount on the stadium scoreboard. There was another goal attempts from both sides but didn’t went too far from sharpen the defenses.

Back on the second half things didn’t look so encouraging for the Hyspanic Team, the score was 2 – 1 and if the situation did not improve everything could be over. In minute 49’ Soler again had a chance against the opposing defense to shoot fearless and score the draw, the Hyspanic fans rose from their seats and celebrated their young player. Then again in 52’ the Conquerors had an excellent goal opportunity in a corner shoot charged by Llorente where the opportune presence of Captain Xavier Barrero counted a delightful score.

Sadly for the Conquerors defense a sprint made by one of the seasoned Suavian forwards the draw was again on the scoreboard in minute 56, the opposite team was giving signals of all, but not of surrendering. The Hyspanic crowd fell on absolute silence at 66’ when thanks to a mistake in the left defence Suavia scored their fourth goal. Unbelievable, but terrible truth.

It was at that time when Argumosa decided to apply some changes: Entered Guimaraes and Soteldo for Neto and Villanueva respectively. Then again the coach was right on his decisions, the play of the team flowed now towards a more solid offensive to mitigate any Suavian attack from the left flank.

Surprisingly, Soler cheated the opposing defense with a set of feet and agility to get rid of him to shoot without fear what would represent his hat-trick in the World Cup, this kid in indeed the image of perseverance for all the Hyspanic people. Only 8 minutes left until the end, when everything seems to fall for our national team when Soteldo, receiving a long ball from midfield started a furious race against the defense to finally beat the rival goalkeeper with the goal that changed the turns in the game definitely. The celebration was indescribable in the stands with the flags waving and the songs at the top of their lungs.

When the referee blew the whistle all the players got up joyful and jubilant. The qualification for the quarterfinals was assured and fans gladly sang the famous "VIVA HYSPANIA!". Taking into consideration the results of the other groups, the next rival for Hyspania would be Meriad, while Shirakawa would have to face the local Svandary.

I can tell you dear fans of the sport, that now is when the real competition will start. We thank all our readers for their emails and calls, continue to support and enjoy Svandary 2019.

Article by Mariam Ferraresi

Other Interesting News.

Politics. "A right time for the mid –term elections?"
International. "The Chronicles of Hyspanic Diplomacy"
Economics. "The Agrarian Sector will recive 5M of Solars”
National. "Celebrations in every square: Reactions to the Suavia – Hyspania match "
Sports. "Options and Posible scenarios: Quarterfinals now! "

Meriad
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Meriad » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:53 am

KESTRELS TO FACE HYSPANIA IN QUARTERFINALS
December Eighth, 2018Written by Jeremy Hösterskalling

Vordin, Svandary -- Meriad's opponent in its upcoming quarterfinal match was decided last night after an extremely close game between Hyspania and Suavia. While Hyspania trailed throughout the first half of the high-tension match, they picked up a lead with only 8 minutes remaining in regulation time, with Soteldo running the ball half the length of the field before scoring the goal that sealed the match and secured the Conquerors a seat in the quarterfinals.

In terms of points, Meriad and Hyspania are perfectly matched, and both teams have the same win-loss record in the tournament (2-0-1). What causes fans of the Kestrels worry is the historical strength of the Hyspanic national team. While Meriad has only won the World Cup a single time (an underdog coup staged in 1934), Hyspania has flown home with the trophy twice, and frequently makes top-four appearances. While this year's Meriadni national team is incredibly talented by all measures, fans nonetheless are on edge about facing a highly-ranked team in the quarterfinal match.

This isn't to say that the Kestrels have already surrendered to what some seem to think is an inevitable loss to the conquerors. After all, in 1934, Meriad beat Transoxthraxia with a score of 4-1, despite being at a significant point deficit. Indeed, the Meriadni team has almost always been an underdog, regardless of sport.

In fact, in last year's Ordic Rugby Federation tournament, Meriad walked away with the wreath for the first time since 1996, despite sustaining numerous injuries that put seven of the fifteen starting players off the field. The same was true of the World Cup win in 1934; two starters — the striker and the goalkeeper — didn't even get a chance to walk on the field at the final, as both had sustained injuries that left them confined to the sidelines.

So maybe this year will prove to be no different than in the past. It's undeniable that the Kestrels have some strange characters; A volunteer monk, an ironman athlete, and an immigrant all start, the owner is a veteran of the Royal Navy, and the team mascot is one of the smallest birds of prey in the world. Regardless of its eccentricity, however, it's clear that the team clicks. On and off the field, the players work as a unit; during training sessions over the summer, for instance, the entire team could be seen going shopping together near the training center in Sköntafell. So it's my hope, and that of the hundreds of thousands of fans who will doubtlessly show up the the match on December 16th, that this year will be a sequel to the underdog success story of 1934, and that the eclectic mix of hobbyists, professionals, and volunteers that make up the team will walk off the pitch with a trophy and to the strains of De Nord Husker.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports