NATION

PASSWORD

NSSCRA 7- Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:49 pm

NSSCRA: ALVAREZ LEADS THE WAY AT ONE JAMAICA
Yeezies build up confidence, momentum heading into home race

by Ray Wright

TECUMSEH - Next week, the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association (NSSCRA) will be returning to St. Kanye for the Emerald Energy Night Race at the Bompton Raceway short track in the city of Bompton. But before that, there's the race at the Andromeda Universal Speedway here in One Jamaica. It's the start of the NSSCRA Chase's second round, and four of the original playoff drivers have been eliminated, but all three cars of St. Kanye's Glorious Free Republic Motorsports remain in the hunt. The Kanyean trio are looking for a good result here to give them a boost of confidence as they head home for the next event. And it looks like they've gotten what they wanted. Teenage phenom Thea Alvarez was victorious, locking herself into the round of eight in the process. Jeremiah Brooke had a podium finish at third, and Skip Stiller was part of the top ten at seventh.

The win marked Alvarez's second of the season and first in the Chase. "It was a great run, a total team effort", said the driver of the #46 Multiversal Automotive Coatings Chadwick. I did what I could to stay up front, and my crew really helped out in the pits, gaining me much-needed spots. Thanks for the support, everyone, and see you next week at Bompton." Alvarez had to battle polesitter and defending champion River Suzgar of Vilita and Turori hard in the closing laps of the race before coming home with the win. The #14 Vilitan Tourism Dart settled for second. Third-place Brooke, driver of the #18 Hyde Medical Group Chadwick, has been consistently good this season, but is still hungry for a win. Fourth was Sherpa Kai Qiang in the #44 Flying Fish Taxi TMW; Brooke's "Hyde Ride" and Qiang's "Flying Fish" similarly had a nice battle during the final laps, but neither was able to catch up to the two leaders. Fifth is Suzgar's part-time teammate Rockii Ezis in the #60 CoCoCo Dart. Sizth is Tropicorp's Cocoabo #78 in the car that bears her number. Stiller, in the #3 QED Car Rentals Chadwick, came seventh, followed by Vannish Kev Schorebrook, fresh off being eliminated in the first round of the Chase, in the #25 REDUP Energy Drink VM. Ninth and tenth were two more Vilita & Turori Motorsports drivers, Chaser Yraaga Gilli'i in the #41 Tropicorp Dart, followed by Centur Tiones in the #2 Tiones Lumber Dart. Tiones is making a strong case for being "best among the rest" (the highest non-Chaser in points).

Central Shaneville's David Land came in last, his race ending before it even started. Land would complete just a single lap in his #91 car before his engine would break down and cause the first caution of the event. Land's non-finish saved local driver Melvin Andrew the embarrassment of a tail-end finish in his first NSSCRA race, but Andrew still managed to mess up. Midway through the race, one of the wheels on the One Jamaican's #49 car flew off, causing it to spin and bring out another caution. Neither of Andrew's teammates managed to impress their home fans; #8 Jennifer Jane and #21 Omar Brady finished several laps down at 33rd and 34th, respectively.

Brooke continues to chase that elusive win into next week, not just in his home country, but also his hometown. The Bompton-born driver has two of his eight wins in the Kanyean junior series at Bompton Raceway. "As usual, my preparation for the race will include practicing at the simulator and on track, but I would be glad to also spend time with family and friends again. I can also show around my teammates, maybe other drivers if they want." Asked if "other drivers" meant "Stacie Houston", he replied, "If she wants. If the rest of Team Cassadaigua wants. Stacie and I are not dating. It will be nice to take a friend around, but the more, the merrier." Brooke added, talking about today's race,"I have to keep a cool head and not get frustrated. The crew and I have been putting in all the effort. It's only a matter of time now. Congrats to Thea, by the way."

GFR's military tribute schemes, first seen in the Pencurve Electronics 500 at Jalton Superspeedway, will return for the Night Race. As for the open charter spot, it will go to the best qualifier between Philip West (#19), Sage Caldwell (#00), and Lexi Patterson. The Hampton Islander accepted GFR's invitation to compete in Bompton, and will likely have equipment and crew from Jebslund. Andrew's one-race run is over, unless he manages to qualify; Tsering Chu's place in the field will be taken over by fellow Sherpa Dinggu Wang in his first appearance since the race at Plum Lake. The Tropicorp Racing Supply Pit Crew Challenge is also expected to be back, as the deal made between St. Kanye and Tropicorp includes the side event's appearance at both Kanyean races in the schedule. Bompton mayor Jimmy Patel, an avid motorsport fan, will drive the pace car, while DeAngelo Norris, former Kanyean national basketball team member and currently captain of the Bompton Bloodhounds in the pro league, will give drivers the command to start their engines.

All qualifying sessions and races will be broadcast live on SKYNET (Saint KanYe NETwork) Sports Channel 12, and online at nsscra.skynet.stk. Full qualifying, race, and driver points tables are also found on that website.

OFFICIAL STANDINGS - Race 17 of 23 (Tecumseh)

1. #46 Thea Alvarez (STK)
2. #14 River Suzgar (VNT)
3. #18 Jeremiah Brooke (STK)
4. #44 Kai Qiang (SHW)
5. #60 Rockii Ezis (VNT)
7. #3 Skip Stiller (STK)

CHASE POINTS

1. #46 Thea Alvarez (STK) - 3048 (1 win)
2. #14 River Suzgar (VNT) - 3043
3. #18 Jeremiah Brooke (STK) - 3041
4. #44 Kai Qiang (SHW) - 3040
5. #3 Skip Stiller (STK) - 3037
6. #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (VNT) -3035
7. #13 Eva Kerman (JEB) - 3033
8. #50 Ellie Lindskog (VNG) - 3032
--------------------
9. #6 Alex Knight (HAM) - 3030
10. #27 Stacie Houston (CDG) - 3029
11. #4 Meghan Sharpe (CDG) - 3025
12. #88 Liangmei Li (SHW) - 3023

NEXT RACE

Emerald Energy Night Race @ Bompton Raceway, Bompton, St. Kanye
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:00 pm

Race: Emerald Energy Night Race, Bompton Raceway, Bompton, Saint Kanye
Track Record: 23.884 seconds

Drivers In Red needed to qualify in, and failed too.
Drives In Orange needed to qualify in to get Saint Kanye's open charter, and failed too.

1 #18 Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)                       24.149
2 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 24.188
3 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 24.219
4 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 24.236
5 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 24.268
6 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 24.282
7 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 24.291
8 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 24.293
9 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 24.337
10 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 24.338
11 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 24.354
12 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 24.364
13 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 24.371
14 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) *OCQ* 24.426
15 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 24.489
16 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 24.565
17 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 24.627
18 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 24.653
19 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 24.654
20 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 24.727
21 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 24.828
22 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 24.861
23 #00 Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) *OCQ* 24.959
24 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 25.066
25 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 25.156
26 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 25.175
27 #30 Lexi Patterson (Saint Kanye) *OCQ* 25.266
28 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 25.284
29 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 25.298
30 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 25.376
31 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 25.442
32 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 25.706
33 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 25.730
34 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 25.757
35 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 25.903
36 #32 Andrew Holden (Lisander) *Q* 25.911
37 #34 Warren Pawstone (The Ferret Lands) *Q* 25.969
38 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) 25.982
39 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 26.026
40 #94 Yael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) *Q* 26.131
41 #98 Adam Poboski (Greythorne) *Q* 26.219

42 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 26.242
43 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 26.270
44 #20 Shane Wray (Central Shanesville) 26.343
45 #91 David Land (Central Shanesville) 26.348
46 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 26.373
47 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 26.492
48 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 26.565
49 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 26.609
50 #29 Jeff Shreeves (Central Shanesville) *Q* 26.613
51 #49 Melvin Andrew (One Jamaica) *Q* 26.905
Last edited by Newmanistan on Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:24 am

----o-֎-o----

‭IRACT and the Ministry of Culture were arguing because Liuyong Xu's application to use the open charter at the Guangxi Telecom 400 had been rejected. The Ministry of Culture had decided that the charter would go to Vijay Tripathi instead. IRACT was protesting the decision, and everyone at their headquarters in Guilin was in a tizzy about it.

‭"Tripathi is a star in the racing world," a particularly snobbish Ministry spokesman explained to them over the phone. "You guys are a bunch of rat-eaters that were allowed into international competition as a result of a clerical error. You should be honored that someone of his stature is even taking the time to race with you. Maybe he'll be able to lend your league some respectability."

‭Everyone at IRACT's headquarters was outraged, especially Liuyong Xu and his friend and crew chief Bo Zhang.

‭In the midst of this kerfuffle, Tripathi attempted to recruit Bo Zhang and a mechanic named Pan Hei who had been part of Jia Huang's crew during NSSCRA 6 and had occasionally worked for Kai Qiang outside NSSCRA, as well as running his own independent car repair business in the city of Guilin.

‭"You've got some nerve," Zhang said to Tripathi. "First you swoop in and snatch the charter away from my best friend, then you want me to work for you?"

‭"I have to get into this race," said Tripathi. "I want to be the best driver in the Sherpa Empire, but lately I've heard people say that Kai Qiang is better, so I have to see if it's true. That doesn't mean I need to snatch the food off your family's table. I've gotten to where I am by doing whatever I had to do to win. If that means working with you because you know NSSCRA, then I'll work with you. You'll be paid for your time the same as if Xu got the charter."

‭"I don't think so," Zhang said angrily. "If you want me to work for you, you'll pay double what I would have gotten from Xu. You've got money, and you said yourself you'll do whatever you have to do to win."

‭Tripathi laughed. "You've got chutzpah," he said. "But if I am going to pay you the big bucks, I have to get my money's worth. Let's make that a bonus for you if we finish in the top 10."

‭Zhang didn't answer immediately. He was sitting there with the phone to his ear scowling at the wall, trying to make up his mind how he felt about Tripathi's offer. On one hand, he still thought Tripathi was obnoxious, and the man had some nerve expecting Zhang to work with him. On the other hand, Tripathi had a lot of experience and a lot of success in the South's open wheel racing scene, and it wasn't that far-fetched that some of his skills would transfer to NSSCRA. He did seem to be serious about doing well in Guilin, and about wanting Zhang's help. A top 10 finish in his first ever NSSCRA race was probably pushing it, though...

‭"Give me some kind of bonus if we finish in the top 20, and we can do this," Zhang said. He did need to put food on the table and he knew he shouldn't turn down paying work if Tripathi really wanted him.

‭Tripathi smiled. Zhang had an attitude, but that was fine, as long as he still took the job seriously.

----o-֎-o----

‭Meanwhile in Bompton, Kai Qiang and Mendok Sherpa took up Jeremiah Brooke's offer to show people around the city. Neither of them knew Brooke all that well, but he had always seemed like a decent guy when they saw him around the track, and it was nice to get a local's perspective.

‭Qiang offered to return the favor if Brooke wanted someone to show him around Guilin when NSSCRA came there, or to drive him up to some uniquely beautiful villages in the surrounding mountains.

‭Even though they didn't think Brooke spoke any Sherpa, Qiang and Mendok still kept their conversation relatively tame. Since she arrived in Bompton, Mendok had been trying to convince Qiang that they should get married and raise a family together, and she didn't want to scare him off by being too noisy, aggressive, or lewd. Qiang was holding off on making a decision to see if she followed through on her promises to chill out and keep her violent fantasies to herself.

‭At the track, Qiang was disgusted to see that Lexi Patterson was there with a new car and crew from Jebslund. He didn't think he'd ever be able to look at anyone from Jebslund the same way, knowing that their country had picked up where Hampton Island left off enabling her insulting publicity stunt, as well as redlisting Hampton Island companies based on the terms of their contracts with her. The redlisting was stupid, but it wasn't in his face, and it was easy to just shrug it off. Bringing Lexi Patterson back to NSSCRA was much harder to ignore.

‭If any reporters from Jebslund tried to talk to Qiang, he refused their interviews.

‭He wasn't too impressed with Saint Kanye either, inviting her to compete for the open charter, but not inviting the likes of Mor Holstein or iBen Toralmintii or even Cocoabo #28. His disgust with the special treatment that Patterson was being given was stronger than his aversion to competing against birds. He was still willing to talk to the Kanyean press, but if anyone from any country asked him about the competition for the open charter he made no secret what he thought of their decision to invite Patterson, but not Holstein or Toralmintii or "that other cocoabo the Tropicorp people have been racing when they get their hands on an extra charter."

‭"I'm all in favor of treating people like people and treating animals like animals," Qiang said in an interview with Beihua, "but that cocoabo is a better driver than Lexi Patterson, and I think it's reasonable to talk about unfair discrimination when she's being given preferential treatment over the cocoabo."

‭At least the Yeezies let a couple of their own people have a shot at the charter rather than just handing it to Patterson. Qiang was happy to see it go to Philip West. "Philip deserves it and I wish him luck in the race tomorrow," he told one reporter who asked about it.

----o-֎-o----

‭Dinggu Wang found it incredibly awkward relying on Mendok Sherpa to translate for him when he needed to talk to the Yulha Sherpa College students that had stuck around from Tsering Chu's crew. For starters, it was awkward being dumped into a working relationship with some random woman less than half his age, and he was not used to being around Deaf people. For another thing, she was clearly more interested in chasing after Kai Qiang than helping Wang prepare for the race. Even worse, Wang found himself caught up in a tangle of contradictory feelings where he simultaneously found Mendok annoying and did not want to be attracted to a Sherpa girl, but still could not stop staring at her butt. It was very distracting. The one small mercy: she didn't seem to notice.

‭He found Lexi Patterson's boobs equally hypnotic. And everything about Meghan Sharpe and Liangmei Li... But they weren't working for his team, and he didn't have as much contact with them as he did with Mendok.

----o-֎-o----

‭Liangmei Li knew she had put herself in a bad position with her bad day in Tecumseh. She was last place of the remaining Chase drivers. Luckily, they were not that many points apart, and she still had two races to dig herself out of the hole. She was unusually diligent preparing for the Emerald Energy Night Race, barely wasting any time strutting around and flaunting herself for the cameras or mocking Qiang or Wang. (She still found time for one or two offhand comments to her crew about Wang's beer belly, but nothing that they dwelled on long.)

----o-֎-o----
Last edited by The Sherpa Empire on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:12 am

There was something about a night race that made it appealing to most Vangazi. The Emerald Energy sponsored event in Bompton would be no different. One Vangazi had something to prove. That was Ellie Lindskog. She was the first Vangazi to win a race and the last one to stay in contention. Last season she never qualified for the Chase after a decent group stage.

Ellie did not win a second race during the regular season. "I think that helps my chances to win sometime in the postseason", Lindskog told reporters after qualifying. "We over at the Royal Imperial Brewery squad want to finish the season on a good note."

There is always the chance that she can flunk out of the Chase as early as two races from now. First she had to qualify at Bompton Raceway. A shot of her dark purple and white car careening around the track on it's qualifying run were the highlight of the event from a Vannish perspective.

Every lap she took was monitored closely. Every hundredth of a second was analyzed. When her session was up, the announcer Buddy Hollandaze stated, "And Lindskog will come through with a fastest lap good enough for 7th. Not a bad start. She'll have her work cut out trying to both defend that spot and move up the field.

Although Ellie was the only driver still in the Chase, she wasn't the most prominent Vangazi on the field. Jessica Franssen had taken over Hackerbee's spot for many reasons. The truth was that she was much more marketable than Floyd. Floyd had fans, but watching him cruise for exhibition points wasn't very exciting.

Seeing Jessica adapt to stock car racing would be interesting to watch for any WGPC fan. Her last race was far from impressive with a 30th place finish. It was likely one of the worst results of her career. She had better luck earlier in the season, including a top 10 finish. Jess was asked about her decline.

"It's later in the season", Jess said. "A lot of the other drivers are dialed into their cars by now. I'm taking over the #75 for the first time. I feel like I'll get more out of it eventually. The car's really set up for Floyd. He's just more experienced with this type of car, so it's taking us all awhile to figure out a good setup."

Jess had a lackluster qual run at Bompton with a 28th place start. She'll hope to find a better pace during the long race under the night sky of Bompton, STK.

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:12 am

Bits and Bobs: Post Q edition

Qualifying took place at the Bompton Raceway in St Kanye. A relatively good performence by the Xannerians was marred by Tucker Capps crashing on his second lap of qualifying. So a lap that was projected to be a 24.359 second lap turned into a DNF after he backed it into the wall. This leaves Walters Jr in 16th and Roman Gwinnett in 17th as the only Xannerians in the field, in the process, they outqualified several more popular and more well established drivers such as Stacie Houston, Centaur Tiones, and Yraaga Gilli'i. But one of the bigger noteworthy incidents took place before they got to the track.

Team principal Derek Iona was a guest on the popular podcast Snacks with Speedsters when he made some harsh comments directed at some fellow NSSCRA teams. While host Ryan Hellman ate some chicken wings, Derek made some comments specifically the Newmanistani and Vannish teams calling them out for there practices on driver rosters. "While we obviously had justification for the Bombelli deal, there's teams out here that would cut there arms off if they got a papercut on there thumb, Especially the Newmanistanis. This is NSSCRA, this IS the top level in our sports. You don't turn something like this into a joke. We here at KRD love this because it's an amazing test bed for our cars on the public streets, we didn't give up after the chase started because we didn't make it. We only swapped out drivers because they had personality issues. We don't necessarily have the driving talent of a Cassdiagua or Saint Kanye, but we have a soul in this team, something not even some of the the top teams can say they have " Iona's statement's have been met with a surprising amount of praise from several NSSCRA writers who have stated that they agreed with him, but weren't sure about the reaction they would have gotten had they wrote it.

And in other news, popular Peer-to-Peer ridesharing phone app "Travl" will be the sponsor of the Brycline Grand Prix next week. Travl has been around the Xannerian area for 7 years and is rapidly rising in popularity compared to Taxi's. it is expected that with this race sponsorship that the company will expand into several nations that host NSSCRA events in the near future. No word from the Flying Fish Taxi company at this moment.
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

NSSCRA7 - Rd18 Qualifying - Bompton Raceway

Postby Vilita and Turori » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:19 pm

ImageImageImageImage

Vilita and Turori struggle in Bompton Qualifying

Rockii Ezis was the Top Qualifying VTM driver for the first time this season
Emerald Energy Night Race, Bompton Raceway, Bompton, Saint Kanye :: Heading into the Emerald Energy Night Race weekend both Vilita and Turori Motorsports drivers were sitting in a good position in the NSSCRA Chase and even the Vilita and Turori Motorsports development drivers were coming off a solid performance in One Jamaica where all four of their regular drivers finished in the Top 10. It was very much not the case in Saint Kanye at the conclusion of the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole award qualification session, however, as not a single Vilita and Turori Motorsports driver could crack the Top 10 in the starting lineup. It would be just the second time since Vilita and Turori Motorsports expanded to a four-car operation that none of the three Vilita and Turori Motorsports team drivers were able to qualify in the Top 10 and that time, during the Kermania Fortress Run in Jebslund, Centur Tiones narrowly missed the Top 10 in 11th.

This worst team qualification performance of the season comes just one week after the Vilita and Turori Motorsports team finally achieved the opposite end of the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Qualifying spectrum claiming the teams first Pole Position of the season and first ever Vilaye Pole Award through Vilaye Energy Drink sponsored driver River 'Shark' Suzgar II. From their best starting position of the season, the Shark went in a complete one-eighty at the Bompton Raceway with their worst qualifying performance of the season in 29th place. Suzgar, who had averaged a Top 10 qualifying position over the course of the previous 17 events in the regular season and playoffs, had only qualified outside the Top 25 in two previous events during the season and had qualified in the Top 10 for six of the previous seven races. Only one Vilita and Turori Motorsports driver outperformed their average qualifying and that was probably the one driver who needed the position the most. Rockii Ezis, Vilita and Turori's development driver in the #60 CoCoCo / CoCo-Mart dart posted the 12th best time in the Vilaye Energy Drink qualifying round to secure a place in the field as the second fastest amongst those who needed to qualify into the race on time. Ezis did have the support of mentor iBen Toralmintii, a veteran of over 20 career NSSCRA starts who just one week ago in One Jamaica achieved a statistical anomaly that they had not done in any of their previous NSSCRA appearances, finishing the race in exactly the same position they started it - 16th.

As for the rest of the field, it was yet another pole position for Glorious Free Republic Motorsports and this time it was Jeremiah Brooke who also won the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award earlier in the season at the Tropicoast Beach Course who set the fast time in front of the home fans at the Bompton Raceway. All three of Saint Kanye's NSSCRA Chase drivers qualified in the Top four with only The Sherpa Empire's Kai Qiang preventing it from being a clean sweep on the first two rows. Glorious Free Republic Motorsports development driver Phillip West will also be in action starting from the 13th position to deny Sage Caldwell and the controversially controversial Lexi Patterson a spot in the field.

One Jamaica's Melvin Andrew became the first driver to qualify 51st fastest for an NSSCRA event and was a full three tenths of a second slower than the next slowest driver in the field, Central Shanesville's Jeff Shreeves. Unlike last race in One Jamaica, however, Melvin Andrew's last place qualifying run would not be enough to get the #49 car into the field. We would also learn that it would be the last on-track action for Shreeves as the Central Shanesville team decided to throw in the towel unable to keep pace with their competitors and attract the sponsorship required to keep the team running without getting the #29 car into the field.

While Vilita and Turori Motorsports drivers River 'Shark' Suzgar II and Yraaga Gilli'i are currently inside the Top 8 in position to advance to the next round of the Chase, they are by no means comfortable and will need to have a strong performance coming from deep in the pack in the Emerald Energy Night Race in order to just maintain a position in the Top 8 and head to the Road Course in Brycelin Harbor, Xanneria with a chance to keep their title challenge alive.

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:21 pm

NSSCRA: BROOKE WINS POLE; WEST TAKES OPEN CHARTER AT BOMPTON
C. Shaneville team folds just before Night Race

by Hastur Barreras

BOMPTON - It's time for the Emerald Energy Night Race at Bompton Raceway here in St. Kanye, the second race of the second round of the NSSCRA (Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association) Chase. The qualifying sessions have been completed, and who better to win the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award than a driver straight out of Bompton, Glorious Free Republic Motorsports' Jeremiah Brooke in the #18 Hyde Medical Group/Kanyean Air Force Chadwick. It is the regular season champion's second pole of the season following the onein the race at Tropicorp.

Brooke was a very busy man as soon as he landed in his hometown, putting in his usual hours at the simulator and at the track, making public appearances and visiting friends and family members. He also took his teammates sightseeing around the city a couple of nights before qualifying. "Skip [Stiller] was there, and so were [GFR part-timers] Sage [Caldwell] and Philip [West]", Brooke told the Kibitzer. Last week's winner Thea Alvarez, also of GFR, was a no-show though; she was feeling sick since they arrived in St. Kanye. "I stayed in Brooke's house, where us five GFR drivers were staying instead of in hotels. I just slept and took medicine for my fever and headache, But I felt better just before qualifying, and I'm ready to race", said the teenage racer.

Later, two more people joined the four Kanyeans' tour group: Sherpa driver Kai Qiang, and Mendok Sherpa, one of the former crew members for Tsering Chu who was then absorbed into Dinggu Wang's team. "They [Qiang and Mendok] didn't say it, but I can tell they looked amazed at all the futuristic-looking skyscrapers and dozens of neon advertisements around the city. Well, it's not just Bompton, I told them that all of St. Kanye has that bright, modern vibe", Stiller recalled. Brooke added, "I took our group to a popular restaurant downtown, the Ruby Dragon. Qiang was okay with the food, but he says if I want to taste his authentic cuisine, and see their own pretty sights, we should come with them when we return to the Sherpa Empire for the race there [the Guilin 400]. I said I'll think about it, but messaged him later in the night to say yes."

Qiang himself managed to capture the outside pole for the race; behind him and Brooke were the other two Kanyean full-timers, Alvarez's #46 Multiversal Automotive Coatings/Kanyean Navy Chadwick on the inside and the #3 QED Car Rentals/Kanyean Army Chadwick on the outside. The three-way qualifying battle for the open charter spot ended with West as the victor; he will start a decent fourteenth in the #19 Blood Moon Beer Chadwick. "I don't wanna waste this chance and wreck", said West. "The 19 team will make sure of that." Caldwell (#00), due to being outperformed by West, will not appear in this race, same with Lexi Patterson (#30), the Hampton Islander who has funding from St. Kanye and equipment and crew from Jebslund. Some are questioning the Kanyeans' decision to invite Patterson of all drivers, but a GFR representative cited that they "saw her potential at Stafford City, and when news came out that she was shortchanged for her efforts, we were one of those teams willing to give her another chance."

While the Yeezies were having a good time, it was the opposite for Central Shaneville's ShaneEyoho Motorsport. The backmarker team announced its closure just after qualifying, pulling out drivers Shane Wray (#20) and David Land (#91) and not allowing them a chance to compete in the Night Race despite qualifying for it. "I'm not that surprised, honestly", said Stiller. "I was one of those who thought for sure they'll [SEM] do great things, but it was just .... disappointing. Wray was pegged as a younger version of me, I recall, and Land was supposed to prove his worth in stock cars just as he did in open-wheelers. Instead, all they did was loiter around in the back, get lapped, maybe cause a caution. They just didn't have that much support. It's as if they were characters in a story that the writer simply gave up on, or forgot about. And [Jeff] Shreeves .... I thought for sure he'd bolt upon realizing that his team is not paying attention to him and his failures to qualify, but no. I still don't know how he can stick around for that long."

Warren Pawstone (#34) and Yael Erwann (#94) will take the spots vacated by Wray and Land, but only for the Night Race; after that, the NSSCRA will put the two Central Shaneville charters up for sale. Rumor has it that Team Tropicorp will purchase one for the fully-recovered Cocoabo #28, while GFR is making moves to get the other. If a deal is struck, the team will alternate West and Caldwell between the remaining races of the season; since the former is in the field this week, the latter will appear in the upcoming Grand Prix of Brycelin Harbor. All qualifying sessions and races will be broadcast live on SKYNET (Saint KanYe NETwork) Sports Channel 12, and online at nsscra.skynet.stk.
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:00 pm

Race: Emerald Energy Night Race, Bompton Raceway, Bompton, Saint Kanye
Track Record: 23.884 seconds
Minimum Time To Avoid DNF: 26.500 sec

Segment 1:
1 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori)           24.157
2 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 24.184
3 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 24.186
4 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 24.201
5 #18 Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 24.228
6 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 24.263
7 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 24.325
8 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 24.336
9 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 24.396
10 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 24.396
11 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 24.401
12 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 24.451
13 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 24.461
14 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 24.489
15 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 24.495
16 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 24.498
17 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 24.531
18 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 24.588
19 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 24.601
20 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 24.627
21 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 24.711
22 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 24.763
23 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 24.894
24 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 24.898
25 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 24.945
26 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 24.954
27 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 24.974
28 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 25.082
29 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 25.616
30 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 25.808
31 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 25.974
32 #34 Warren Pawstone (The Ferret Lands) *Q* 26.043
33 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 26.100
34 #94 Yael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) *Q* 26.151
35 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 26.161
36 #32 Andrew Holden (Lisander) *Q* 26.162
37 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 26.164
38 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 26.173
39 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 26.225
40 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 26.275
41 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 26.380
42 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) 26.507 DNF
43 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 26.806 DNF

Segment 2:
1 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua)                        24.203
2 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 24.238
3 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 24.245
4 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 24.257
5 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 24.283
6 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 24.300
7 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 24.326
8 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 24.330
9 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 24.345
10 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 24.366
11 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 24.552
12 #18 Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 24.575
13 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 24.629
14 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 24.752
15 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 24.769
16 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 24.801
17 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 24.846
18 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 24.857
19 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 24.863
20 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 24.869
21 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 24.870
22 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 24.926
23 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 24.971
24 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 24.982
25 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 24.986
26 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 24.999
27 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 25.057
28 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 25.252
29 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 25.287
30 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 25.728
31 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 25.985
32 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 26.049
33 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 26.092
34 #94 Yael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) *Q* 26.133
35 #32 Andrew Holden (Lisander) *Q* 26.185
36 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 26.192
37 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 26.361
38 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 26.377
39 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 26.408
40 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 26.773 DNF
41 #34 Warren Pawstone (The Ferret Lands) *Q* 26.798 DNF

Segment 3:
1 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)                          24.184
2 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 24.188
3 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 24.189
4 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 24.196
5 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 24.228
6 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 24.292
7 #18 Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 24.328
8 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 24.348
9 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 24.361
10 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 24.366
11 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 24.376
12 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 24.383
13 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 24.389
14 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 24.401
15 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 24.415
16 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 24.419
17 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 24.449
18 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 24.597
19 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 24.597
20 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 24.716
21 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 24.728
22 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 24.796
23 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 24.835
24 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 25.078
25 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 25.085
26 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 25.110
27 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 25.122
28 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 25.344
29 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 25.422
30 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 25.713
31 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 25.999
32 #94 Yael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) *Q* 26.003
33 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 26.039
34 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 26.075
35 #32 Andrew Holden (Lisander) *Q* 26.107
36 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 26.286
37 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 26.328
38 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 26.400
39 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 26.479

Segment 4:
1 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye)                           24.164
2 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 24.190
3 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 24.222
4 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 24.229
5 #18 Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 24.252
6 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 24.262
7 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 24.271
8 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 24.273
9 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 24.299
10 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 24.371
11 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 24.386
12 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 24.406
13 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 24.416
14 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 24.539
15 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 24.567
16 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 24.569
17 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 24.595
18 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 24.609
19 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 24.621
20 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 24.626
21 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 24.636
22 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 24.647
23 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 24.722
24 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 24.872
25 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 24.891
26 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 25.451
27 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 25.552
28 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 25.936
29 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 26.026
30 #94 Yael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) *Q* 26.048
31 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 26.073
32 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 26.167
33 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 26.210
34 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 26.277
35 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 26.287
36 #32 Andrew Holden (Lisander) *Q* 26.314
37 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 26.412
38 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 26.507 DNF
39 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 26.603 DNF

Segment 5:
1 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua)                          24.140
2 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 24.150
3 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 24.177
4 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 24.183
5 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 24.184
6 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 24.185
7 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 24.343
8 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 24.351
9 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 24.354
10 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 24.356
11 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 24.370
12 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 24.382
13 #18 Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 24.391
14 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 24.443
15 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 24.459
16 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 24.473
17 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 24.529
18 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 24.542
19 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 24.554
20 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 24.625
21 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 24.626
22 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 24.632
23 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 24.654
24 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 24.719
25 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 24.763
26 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 24.883
27 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 24.931
28 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 25.453
29 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 25.612
30 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 25.680
31 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 25.734
32 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 25.838
33 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 26.191
34 #32 Andrew Holden (Lisander) *Q* 26.239
35 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 26.346
36 #94 Yael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) *Q* 26.356
37 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 26.474

Final Results (Average Segments 1-5)
 1 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua)                          24.222 WINNER
2 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 24.261
3 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 24.294
4 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 24.336
5 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 24.353
6 #18 Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 24.355
7 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 24.433
8 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 24.436
9 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 24.460
10 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 24.461
11 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 24.484
12 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 24.498
13 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 24.594
14 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 24.653
15 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 24.668
16 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 24.678
17 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 24.683
18 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 24.744
19 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 24.747
20 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 24.779
21 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 24.792
22 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 24.819
23 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 24.848
24 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 24.905
25 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 24.939
26 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 25.002
27 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 25.032
28 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 25.110
29 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 25.116
30 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 25.378
31 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 25.424
32 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 25.930
33 #94 Yael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) *Q* 26.138
34 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 26.141
35 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 26.201
36 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 26.280
37 #32 Andrew Holden (Lisander) *Q* 26.299
38 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) DNF
39 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) DNF
40 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) DNF
41 #34 Warren Pawstone (The Ferret Lands) *Q* DNF
42 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) DNF
43 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) DNF

Chase Standings (Thru 2 Races of Second Round)
1 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)                      3083*
2 #18 Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 3080
3 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 3079
4 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 3074
5 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 3073*
6 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 3070
7 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 3068
8 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 3064
9 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 3060
10 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 3055
11 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 3054
12 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 3053

Next Race: Race 19- (Dec 22/23)- Travl Brycline Grand Prix, Xanneria (Road Course)
Last edited by Newmanistan on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:47 am

Sharpe Gets Elusive First Win,
by Chelsea Dufresne, Concord Heights Times

Those outside Team Cassadaigua and not keeping the same records we are about our drivers probably just figured that Meghan Sharpe, at some point in her career in NSSCRA, had been to victory lane. However, that was not the case. She has been consistent, and has had close calls, but for the first time, Meghan Sharpe is a NSSCRA winner. Fans in Bompton saw a lot of pink at the front as well, as Team Cassadaigua recovered from a poor race, by their standards in One Jamaica, with a dominant performance. Not only did Sharpe win, Stacie Houston ran third, and Jenna Logan placed fourth. Only Skip Stiller, from the host nation of Saint Kanye, could finish ahead of a Cassadagan at their home track. 75% of the laps in this race were led by a Team Cassadaigua driver.

“It’s so satisfying to finally be here!” Sharpe exclaimed as she got out of the car following her win. “After so many close calls, we have finally done it!” She hugged her crew, before continuing, “I have to thank Spacebook for their sticking with me and supporting me as he searched for the win. We were great today, from start to finish, I was happy with this car and really felt like this could be the race. Now Stacie and Jenna can stop poking fun at my zero in the win column!” Sharpe also noticed how well her team did, “You know, I look at that scoring pylon right there. I say we did pretty well. Three of the top four spots. We weren’t really happy with how we ran in One Jamaica as a group, and really got our act together for this race. Two of us are still alive for the championship, but all three of us want to finish strong!” Stacie Houston and Jenna Logan soon joined Sharpe in victory lane and celebrated.

“I am so happy for her,” Stacie Houston stated, “She has worked really hard, just as hard as everyone else. That shows by her making the chase two years in a row, but I definitely knew she was capable of winning soon. Good to win in the Chase, and to lock yourself into that final round of 8.” About her own performance, Houston replied, “We needed to bounce back. Something went wrong in the last race, and you try to figure out what that might be. The team worked hard, and I came into the race with a clear head from it and was ready to roll. We are determined to win this championship, and my wonderful sponsor Five Star Mobile is so important in that effort.”

Jenna Logan, eliminated from championship contention was thrilled with her finish, 4th, as well. “The Pink Love Clothing machine was better then everyone but our teammates and Skip. I say that is a pretty good day here. Happy to finish fourth and do what we can for our race team.” Logan says she is not demoralized that her teammates have a shot at the title and she does not, “That feeling is over with. I have accepted my fate and am moving on.” Team Cassadaigua personnel emphatically states that the 11 car will not become a test car for the 4 and 27 as the chase continues. In a statement, a team official declared, “Jenna is going to continue to get the same support from us as she has all year, and that means the same support as we give the 4 and 27. We are not telling her to alter her racing style, and want her to continue to race hard for every position.” In other news, Team Cassadaigua sponsors have gathered together to offer a generous 33-50% off Pink Love Clothing products for four hours starting at 11:27am today, the sale is exclusively available when using a Five Star Mobile device only on Pink Love’s Spacebook page, and using code 41127 at checkout.

In general NSSCRA news, the Central Shaneville team has folded. Shane Wray and David Land are done for the year, and they actually did have a third guy who valiantly and resiliently attempt to qualify for every race named Jeff Shreeves, and he will no longer be around as well. NSSCRA has made available one of the charters, and have already awarded one to the Tropicorp, presumably for Cocoabo #28 to return from injury. The Cocoabo has only been in one race since going down and immediately being stripped of its charter to be given to Rockii Ezis of Vilita, with Euroli Islander upgraded to regular driver. It will be good to see the Cocoabo return, as Tropicorp has been a little better in recent races. NSSCRA has offered an application process for the remaining charter, but Team Cassadaigua has decided they will not pursue it. “A lot of work for a relatively minimal reward,” an official stated, “our focus is on the chase, not getting a fourth car out there for another driver just to do it. We’d love to give that opportunity to someone, but there’s an expense associated with that, as well as usage of time and resources, and those resources will be with the 4 and 27 while not sacrificing the 11.”
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:56 am

THE ROCKET REPORT

ROCKET MOTORSPORTS RESPONDS TO CRITICISM

by Brianne Henry,

After another race of disappointment for Rocket Motorsports, and the realization starting to come to fruition that since the younger drivers are not performing much differently, that there might be an equipment problem.

Rocket Motorsports, which is nearly funded entirely by Rocket Automative, the largest business in Newmanistan, would not seem to have any financial issues. Unlike many other cars, and especially those of the top teams in the sport, outside sponsorship does not adorn the 59, 63, and 64; and did not adorn it on the 5, 24, or 48, either. Is that the problem? Does funding need to come from outside sources? Rocket Automotive is not going to admit that, at least right now, but some of the drivers might be beginning to feel that way. Check out a social media comment by Bryan Harrison, the driver of the 5 who lost his ride after the regular season. “New guys aren’t doing any better. The team is behind, and until we realize that, we’re not going to be any better then a midpack team. Put Shark, Skip or Stacie in one of our cars and they wouldn’t be doing any better with it.” Rocket Motorsports did not respond to that in any other way other then to say they are working to provide the most competitive cars for anyone. They did go one to say that in the finale at Tundra Falls, Bryan Harrison, Ashley Matthews and Shawn Curtis will have a qualification battle amongst themselves for the open charter spot that Newmanistan will use for the race. This is in line with what we saw from Saint Kanye with their own three drivers, wait, two drivers and a special guest; Philip West, Sage Caldwell as well as Lexi Patterson. I was secretly rooting for Patterson to win that. Could you imagine what the fans would have thought if West and Caldwell were on the sidelines and Lexi Patterson was driving for them. She has attracted a lot of interest, I must say, and will be running for Jebslund soon. Maybe she should run for us with the open charter, too. Rocket Motorsports emphatically declined that when I somewhat sarcastically, though hoping to strike gold, by asking that. They stated that they will only sponsor native Newmanistanians, claiming that we have the best drivers. I guess they aren’t looking at the race results.

Anyway, Rocket Motorsports also had some harsh words for Derek Iona, team Principal with Team Iona, out of Xanneria. On a recent podcast, Iona stated, “While we obviously had justification for the Bombelli deal, there's teams out here that would cut there arms off if they got a papercut on there thumb, Especially the Newmanistanis.” A team rep replied, “Iona is no saint, is he? Blowing a bunch of gale-forced hot air out of his mouth with that comment. We have not cut anyone’s arms off, how ridiculous. We are providing an opportunity for young drivers. Our season ended when we didn’t make the chase. It is in the best interest of our race team to see how others might fare at this level. We have not cut ties with Harrison, Matthews, and Curtis. Just like in any other sport, when you are eliminated, you see what the rest of your roster can do. That is what we are doing.”

Xanneria
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:05 pm

The Bompton Report

After the 400 lap race in Bompton, the KRD Team ran well. The race was dominated by the Cassadaiguan teammates Stacie Houston and The Pink Wonder Meghan Sharpe, who we recently learned has an "h" in her name. The two pink cars were responsible for leading over half the race and finished first and third. Even teammate Jenna Logan climbed up to third place despite a bumping match with a slower car during the earlier stages of the race. The was marred by a handful of cautions, but really not as much as you'd expect. Infact the eight caution happened on lap 311 when Mael Erwann blew a tire in turn 2 and slammed the wall taking out the #8 of Jennifer Jane, in fact the #71 and the 8 were the only crash related DNFs as all others were Mechanical related failures. Roman Gwinnett finished a solid 17th and right now, for the young team that has running most this season as an R&D platform, that seems to be the teams ceiling. Walters Jr on the other hand got in an tussle with (TBA) mid race and couldn't recover, as a result he finished a measly 30th.

Meanwhile Derek Iona, responded to a retort by Newmanstans owners about comments they made in return of comments he made. Iona reiterated that if he was in a position as they were, he wouldn't take out drivers at such a short notice, and "That drivers would be scared to race for a team that would do that to drivers at the drop of a pin. You only fire drivers mid season if they have massive personalty issues or they are losing you gobs of money." He went on to say "Rocket Motorsports are a good team, and frankly I said that more out of concern for their long run than the short of it. I like the team and I'm glad they aren't incompetent like some teams, especially that one that unsuccessfully attempted to enter a GT car."

New Money in NSSCRA?

Some sad news occurred during the weekend. the Nation of Central Shanesville went under and has ceased to exist as a country. With this news the team immediately withdrew. This left Shane Wray, David Land and the super anonymous Jeff Shreeves who hadn't made a start this year out of a ride. the NSSCRA has said that due to the teams withdrawal of those teams, this has given opportunity for others to sweep them up. One such figure is Marvin Spicer, a Xannerian Businessman residing in The Western Carolina Union, and mostly doing so in order to help his son's racing career out. Spicer has publicly come out and said he wants to purchase not only the locked in charter but the #29 teams charter too. He said he would put "the necessary amount of money needed for both teams" and would even retain one of the drivers. This means that Spicer, who has run in the Big 6 Racing league with cars that are NSSCRA legal could run two cars at Xanneria with Roy Capps locked in and the second driver not locked in then switch the second driver over to the main car and ut an established veteran in the second car.

We will see what happens, there is money involved and if anyone in racing can put up some Roundys it's Spicer
Last edited by Xanneria on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

NSSCRA 7 - Rd 18 - Saint Kanye

Postby Vilita and Turori » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:02 pm

ImageImage

River "Shark" Suzgar II :: #14 Vilitan Tourism / Vilaye Energy Drink / Toys '4' All Dart
:: WINS: [ 2 ] :: TOP 5: [ 6 ] :: TOP 10: [ 12 ] -:- POLES: [ 1 ]

Yraaga Gilli'i :: #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart
:: WINS: [ 2 ] :: TOP 5: [ 6 ] :: TOP 10: [ 10 ] -:- POLES: [ 0 ]
River 'Shark' Sugar battles some unfamiliar foes back in the pack
A an incident causes the #14 Dart to cut through the grass picking up damage
#41 Yraaga Gilli'i toughed out an 11th place finish to stay in the Chase hunt

Emerald Energy Night Race, Bompton Raceway, Bompton, Saint Kanye :: It was a race weekend that started with disappointment for the Vilita and Turori Motorsports team, failing to qualify any of their cars in the Top 10 for the first team since Round 4 of the NSSCRA 7 Regular Season. Then, things got much brighter from the drop of the green flag at the Bompton Raceway as Vilita and Turori Motorsports drivers were easily among the fastest in the pack with River 'Shark' Suzgar II and Centur Tiones picking through the field left and right to advance their position with River 'Shark' Suzgar II even making it up to the lead for a stretch of the event. #60 Rockii Ezis was also showing speed running inside the Top 5 and challenging the front runners.

Things started to fall apart however one by one as Vilita and Turori Motorsports top drivers fell out of contention. A pit road penalty set back defending NSSCRA series Champion River 'Shark' Suzgar II just past the halfway point putting the driver of the #14 Vilaye Energy Drink Dart a lap down. Then, while back in the pack racing some unfamiliar foes, Suzgar would get caught up in an incident involving One Jamaica's Jennifer Jane and Brittany Normandy Aquitaine's Mael Erwann. The damage to Suzgar's machine was minimal and the #14 Vilaye Energy Drink Dart was able to continue on in the event, unlike the #71 and #8 machines who were knocked out of the event but back a lap down there was little Suzgar could do over the final laps despite having fresh tires and being once again one of the fastest cars on the racetrack.

When the checkers fell, River 'Shark' Suzgar II had only managed to climb up to the 23rd position, the first time the #14 Vilita and Turori Motorsports entry had finished outside the Top 20 since round five at the Sonrise Speedway in Vangaziland and Suzgar's worst finish of the NSSCRA Chase thus far.

The story on the day wasn't massively different for Vilita and Turori Motorsports other NSSCRA Chase driver, Yraaga Gilli'i. The driver of the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart who silenced the non-critics in Cassaidaigua by winning the Five Star Mobile 500 at the Concord Heights Motor Speedway to really ensure the Dagan's would know who Yraaga Gilli'i was in the future, was falling back into a position where they might once again need to execute the magic escape in the final race of the Round of 12 as Gilli'i looks to keep their hopes of a first ever NSSCRA Championship alive. Unlike teammates River 'Shark' Suzgar II, Centur Tiones and Rockii Ezis, Yraaga Gilli'i never really saw a time where they were challenging for the top spot on track though they did briefly put the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply dart into the Top 5. Instead, however, the strategy Gilli'i employed throughout the event was calm, cool and collected looking to methodically maintain position and come home with a solid finish to bolster their NSSCRA Chase odds going into the Road Course at Xanneria.

While the verdict is still out regarding Gilli'i's NSSCRA Chase Round of 8 chances, the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart team did just enough in the Emerald Energy Night Race to keep position inside the Top 8 of the NSSCRA Chase standings heading into the last event in the Round of 12. Heading into the final event of the round in Xanneria, Yraaga Gilli'i sits eight points clear of the cut line currently occupied by Vangaziland's Ellie Lindskog. Oberst Eva Kerman of Jebslund, Alex Knight of Hampton Island and Liangmei Li of the Sherpa Empire are also currently outside the Top 8 and would represent danger drivers for Vilita and Turori Motorsports as a victory or extra strong showing by any of those four drivers could potentially knock one of Vilita and Turori Motorsports' drivers outside the Top 8 and outside the Chase for the Championship.

If all other things stayed as is in that scenario, however, it would be defending champion River 'Shark' Suzgar who would have the unfortunate distinction of being the driver knocked out of the chase as the defending champion is currently the last driver above the cut line thanks to a poor showing complicated by a pit road penalty and a late ride through the infield grass for Suzgar. The #14 Toys '4' All Dart will be unloaded in Xanneria needing to out perform the four drivers behind him. There will be little room for error for Suzgar who holds just a four point advantage.

ImageImageImage

Centur Tiones :: #2 Tiones Lumber Dart
:: WINS: [ 0 ] :: TOP 5: [ 5 ] :: TOP 10: [ 8 ] -:- POLES: [ 0 ]

Rockii Ezis :: #60 CoCoCo / Coco-Mart Dart
:: WINS: [ 0 ] :: TOP 5: [ 2 ] :: TOP 10: [ 3 ] -:- POLES: [ 0 ]

The #2 Tiones Lumber Dart gets loose but Centur Tiones makes a big save

#60 Rockii Ezis ran up front before finishing in 13th position

In a race weekend where Vilita and Turori Motorsports mostly struggled across the board in their worst cumulative qualifying and raceday performance of the season, development driver Rockii Ezis in the #60 CoCoCo / CoColectric Dart was a small blip of brightness and consistency throughout the weekend finishing in the 13th position after starting in 12th place.

For Vilita and Turori Motorsports as a whole it was the first time since Ezis joined the team in Lonngeylin that they did not place any of their four cars in the Top 10 positions either in Vilaye Pole Qualifying or in the Race itself with the event being a complete shutout for the team. It was also the worst cumulative overall placement in all sessions for the Vilita and Turori Motorsports team with an average Start + Finish position barely inside the Top 20 and not in line with the expectations of a championship caliber team with two drivers in the NSSCRA Chase. The two development drivers did show some promise during the event at Bompton Raceway, however, with Centur Tiones showing speed at the beginning of the race in the glow of sunset while Rockii Ezis and the #60 CoCoCo machine running inside the Top 5 for large stretches after the sun went down until falling back outside the Top 10 on the final run. Points and prize money don't get awarded for running well, however, only for position when the Checkered flag waved and at that point none of the Vilita and Turori drivers were inside the Top 10.

While Rockii Ezis was still on the outskirts of the Top competitors, Centur Tiones in the #2 machine crossed the line between a pair of traditionally mid-pack drivers including Roman Gwinett of Xanneria and the relative newcomer Travis Barkley, the highest finishing driver from the under performing Rocket Motorsports team from Newmanistan. Both Ezis and Tiones remain winless on the season. Tiones has won before in the NSSCRA, having done so at Imperial Speedway in South Stead, Vangaziland during NSSCRA Season 6 but the team will certainly look at the season as a failure if they are unable to win again before the end of the season. Tiones does have the distinction of being one of just two drivers in recent history to win a race from the Pole starting position on the NSSCRA circuit, having done so less than a season ago in the penultimate race of NSSCRA 6. Glorious Free Republic Motorsports driver Skip Stiller is the only driver to have won from the pole thus far in NSSCRA Season 7 having accomplished the feat at the Dealmaker Valley Battleground in Greythrone.

While Vilita and Turori Motorsports was unable to contend for the victory in Saint Kanye, the one driver who did take home the checkered flag had done so for the first time in their career after numerous second place finishes over the prior two seasons as victory had agonizingly eluded the driver of the #4 Spacebook car, Meghan Sharpe. As the pink and blue flashed across the start finish line, Sharpe led a near-sweep by the Cassadaigua drivers at Bompton Speedway with Sharpe taking home the victory and teammates Stacie Houston and Jenna Logan crossing the stripe in 3rd and 4th respectively. Only home town driver Skip Stiller was able to break up the romp finishing in the runner up position and giving the local fans something to cheer for in the closing laps.

The series now moves on to Xanneria for the first ever NSSCRA event at the Grand Prix circuit in Brycelin Harbor with the Round of 12 finishing on the Road Course as a potential Wild Card round where anything and everything could still happen with none of the 12 drivers mathematically eliminate from moving on to the Round of 8.

Last edited by Vilita and Turori on Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Racing | Track Life | Off Grid | Fast Women

Franssen-Lindskog Criticize 'Unoriginal Track'

The last race of the second Chase round will move to a largely unknown nation called Xanneria. A road race will occur at the Bryceline Harbor track. Drivers from Xanneria never seemed to compete for anything above a 25th place spot. Their race will hold a pivotal importance for the teams which are still eligible for advancement, including VMR Corsair.

Drivers were quick to share their opinions on the upcoming circuit. Two critics who spoke vocally against the track were Ellie Lindskog and Jessica Franssen.

Lindskog is fresh off a tough outing at Bompton, Saint Kanye. Ellie was 'on the bubble' before the prior race. She was the last car above the line of elimination. Her weekend started well with a 7th place qualification start. Ellie hoped to do well from this position. Her start was anything but spectacular. She fell back to 14th as the first quarter of the race wound on. Her car was simply off pace.

"The car just feels tight", Lindskog told her team on lap 34. "We'll have to rope this in."

Things got so bad that Ellie had to take an early pit stop. This was bad news. She wallowed heavily stuck in the mid pack for some time after this. She spent much of the middle of the race between 21st and 23rd. It was a far cry from her top 10 start. She did begin to make up time as the race wore on.

She fought her way into the top 15 before having to fall back closer to 20th with only a fifth of the race remaining. A slow pit stop left her fighting back upwards towards the top 15. Time would simply run out for Ellie. She finished 16th. This would move her down to 9th with one race remaining.

"That's racing", Ellie said after the event. "We hung in there, but as I said... We can't do well every week. The only hope is that we do better in Xanneria."

Ellie was asked about the upcoming course. She was told to give her true opinion. "Honestly?" She paused before continuing. "It doesn't seem as if it were made for stock cars at all. That 180 degree turn is pretty tight. Whoever designed that track is assuming stock cars have that tight of a turning radius. Such a close 180 turn is meant for open wheel race cars, like T1 or the WGPC. Those are nimble enough to easily navigate such a feature. Stock cars are much heavier, more clumsy and only have four gears. That will make acceleration of out such a slow exit rather awkward."

It had come up that local officials were not entirely responsible for creating their own track. A foreign engineer built the course for the locals in Xanneria. "One day the Xanners should look into creating something more unique", Lindskog said. "Something which represents their nation."

Jessica Franssen had spoken earlier in the week about the Brycelin Harbor track. "The pamphlet they put out for guests was horrendous", said the reigning WGPC champion. "It looked like an incompetent secretary put the paper in the machine diagonally. If any Vannish media outlet ran such a graphic, I would be absolutely embarrassed."

WGPO doctrine frowns heavily on tracks copied from foreigners. Such a track would likely never be accepted for any WGPC or WGP2 event. NSSCRA was a little less strict on this, allowing a track designed for another event to be allowed.

"We have a street circuit from the Emeros Grand Prix", Franssen continued. Jessica finished 5th at Bompton, in a race run purely for exhibition. She replaced Hackerbee to build her experience and use her household name to increase the spotlight on Vannish NSSCRA. "Planning executives would never think about using a track like that in Vangaziland. Ours is one built by Vangazi too. Our people put the effort in to carve out that track from our city streets. If we let some foreigner design the track, it would mean Vangazi actually had nothing to do with building it. We defined what part of the city it ran through. Running in Xanneria is going to feel hollow."

Even delegations opposed to Vannish Motors and their operations have been against foreign built tracks. One notable example would be from Vilita, where executives have spoken against such designs in the past. They may not often see eye to eye with the Vangazi, but even they would have to admit the upcoming track is relatively slapdash.

"Some nations don't possess enough talented engineers to design a good enough course", said Arty Vanson, an executive with the Vangaziland Track Planning Association. "NSSCRA doesn't want to tell those nations, 'no, come up with something better'. The WGPO has done so in the past. If this trend continues, we may see such unoriginal tracks in the WGPC. It would be a major setback for creativity in the league. If a nation cannot design a unique track, they should likely not get an event on the schedule."

Some people didn't seem to mind the track. "Whatever", said Kev Schorebrook. "If that design is better than anything a Xanner could cobble up, then let's go for it. I'd rather run on a track designed by pros than a set of squiggly lines. If they don't have an engineer that can at least try, that's not the fault of their racing organization. Maybe if that nation improves their system of educating engineers, they can be competent enough to design their own track."

VMR Corsair will look to test the Hammerhead-based stock cars on the oft-maligned road course. The sports car is based on a Vannish Motors muscle car. It joins the supercar used in GT races, which is the Ghost GT-10. The Hammerhead is far too crude to be a GT car, with a simple V8 and basic engineering. It is a muscle car designed by a people, for said people.

The cars that run on race day differ from the one sold in car shops (and featured in the Imperial Motorsports logo). The NSSCRA Hammerhead is a shell which only bares a small resemblance to the street car. The body is stretched and widened to match those of the other stock cars. The large wing is gone, traded in for a decklid spoiler just like the rest of the field. The cars are also covered in sponsor decals. The A-frame window is also cored out and replaced with netting. The result is not a muscle car, nor a GT car, but a stock car.

"The Hammerhead won't have any advantage because of its basis on a sports car", said Ellie Lindskog. "Our car looks very similar to the others, except for a slight change in the shell. We've got the same aerodynamics, similar brakes, suspension and transmission. The course isn't really meant for stock cars, although most of the track is fairly open."

Lindskog will hope to advance an already successful season, which saw each of their drivers earn a win and advance into the Chase. In a league of motorsport parity, a Championship was never the only goal of Vannish Motors.

"Once again our team has been one to beat", said Vannish Motors CEO Vanessa Hattieson. "Our drivers have built their brands and name recognition. Many other teams have done the same. It's about getting your sponsors airtime, so they can make money from their brand. It's also about putting on a great show for the fans. We've done both. In the end, one team will win. Ellie still has her hat in the ring. We wish her the best. Whether she wins or loses will not change the fact that Vannish Motors Racing is one of the most successful motorsports companies in the multiverse."

"It could always be worse", said 24 year old racing fan Pete Illieson. "We could be running a home race with cars that never finished higher than 17th."

Imperial Motorsports Magazine - pgs 14-15- Arty Bjorn

Ellie walked down one of the side streets not far from Bryceline Harbor. Some time had passed since the last race and now everyone was at Xanneria for the next event. Lindskog was caught up in the local culture. There was an odd feel to the place, though people seemed nice enough. She was looking for a spot to eat when her phone rang. Ellie saw that it was Kev Schorebrook.

"Hey Kev", Ellie said as she answered the call. She wondered why he was calling. He didn't speak to her very often but the two were decent friends.

"Ellie. I need your help." Kev paused for a second. "How can you tell if a woman is into you?"

Lindskog spoke right away without pausing. "Kev. There's something you should know. Floyd and I...."

Schorebrook cut her off. She must have thought he was speaking about her. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Ellie. Too much info. It's somebody else. I just want your advice. Woman to man."

"Oh." Ellie giggled. "You have to tell me who she is."

"El, c'mon. I don't want t-...."

Ellie cut him off once again. "Listen. Tell me or I won't help you." She had that tone of voice that a woman could portray which made it clear she would not budge. The voice reminded Kev of one particular fiery blonde ex he had in the past.

Schorebrook sighed and said, "Alright! It's Stacie Houston."

"What?!" Ellie almost screamed with excitement. "Doesn't she have a boyfriend?"

"Ellie, calm down", he said. He didn't want her making a scene. "She doesn't have a boyfriend."

"Um, I'm pretty sure her relationship has a nickname. Like Bennifer", Ellie scoffed. "Anyway, what's your query?"

"I can't tell if she's into me." He paused. "I'm pretty sure she is. But I'm just not sure."

"Don't be iffy around her", Lindskog replied. "Just make it clear how you feel. Does she smile when you guys hang out?"

"I'd like to think she smiles", Kev said while smiling himself. "It's pretty clear that I want something with her. We're taking our time, I think. We went for a quick bite after the night race... Had a little walk and chat. Typical stuff."

"After the night race?" Ellie sounded extremely curious. "That's pretty late. I don't think she'd hang out with you that late if she didn't like you a little."

"That's what I was wondering", Kev replied. This drew laughter from Ellie.

"Then don't second guess it", she said. After a quick pause she said, "Kev. You're bad to get involved with somebody who was taken."

"Oh my gosh", Kev said incredulously. "That's just a rumor in the media."

"Still", Ellie said in a teasing tone. She thought his situation was so entertaining. It was clear to Kev that Ellie wasn't taking him seriously. He'd gotten as much help as he'd get from her. If he stayed on the line, she'd only tease him more.

"You know what, Ellie? I have to go." Kev wasn't really upset, he just didn't want to get teased as if he were Lindskog's little brother.

"Bye", she said as she teasingly drew out the word.

"Bye." Kev's tone was relaxed and a little playful. He closed the call and went to change his clothing. He would hit the hotel's gym and mentally start preparing for his next race. Nothing was on the line for him. He still hoped to do well for his sponsors. And for Stacie.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2013

Postby Tropicorp » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:22 am

Team Tropicorp Riding Wave of Momentum into Xanneria

Emerald Energy Night Race, Bompton Speedway, Bompton, Saint Kanye :: It was an exciting race weekend in Saint Kanye for Team Tropicorp as for the first time in team history they mounted back to back top 10 finishes. In the history of Team Tropicorp the race team had just three Top 10 finishes in its history coming scattered throughout multiple races and drivers thus far during the NSSCRA 7 season. The first Top 10 for the team came in what could still be argued as its best team showing ever as Cocoabo #78 finished in the 10th position at the Ferret National Autodrome in Aavak City, The Ferret Lands.
While Cocoabo #78 took home all the glory as the Top 10 finisher it was also a strong day for Euroli Islander who finished right behind Cocoabo #78 in the 11th position. It would be a further seven races until Team Tropicorp would even produce another Top 20 finish, no less a Top 10. But when it came it came in stunning fashion as Euroli Islander put their preparation in the simulator to great use fighting through the field and nearly pulling off the upset of the season before coming across the line in 3rd place securing the first ever Top 5 finish for Team Tropicorp and the teams first ever podium placement.

Inexperienced behind the wheel of a full bodies Stock Car, Euroli Islander was never supposed to be the star of the Team Tropicorp team and the engineer's inconsistency as the season went on demonstrated this to great effect. However, as the team continued to familiarize themselves with the demands of the NSSCRA circuit and began putting out a consistent product on the track it allowed the skills of the purposely trained Cocoabo #78 to begin to take form and the graduate of the Cocoabo Enrichment and Enhancement Program put together three consecutive solid runs to open up the NSSCRA Chase. Although neither of Team Tropicorp's drivers were qualified for the Chase the Cocoabo's ability to put together three straight Top 20 runs including two Top 12 finishes showed just how far Team Tropicorp had come as a competitive racing team and the potential that Cocoabo #78 had as a potential threat to compete amongst some of the series best drivers. Then, eleven races after scoring their first career Top 10 finish, Cocoabo #78 would crack the top 10 once again at the Andromeda Universal Speedway in One Jamaica narrowly missing out on a Top 5 finish in sixth place. The real headlines for the Cocoabo would come in Saint Kanye however where the #78 Cocoabo Park Dart survived the mayhem to finish in 8th place and become the first ever Cocoabo or Team Tropicorp driver to post back-to-back Top 10 finishes in the NSSCRA. Now, with three career Top 10 finishes and having finished in the Top 12 in four of the last five events, Cocoabo #78 and Team Tropicorp move on to the controversial Brycelin Harbor Grand Prix Circuit in Xanneria with as much momentum as they've ever taken into a race weekend before.

The momentum the team would take with them into Xanneria wouldn't just be a result of a string of impressive results in the race weekends leading up to it, however, but also due to the breaking news out of Saint Kanye that Central Shaneville's ShaneEyoho Motorsport was ceasing operations with immediate effect. It was the 19th successive race that SEM's #29 driver Jeff Shreeves had failed to qualify and the team no longer had the financial standing to even purchase tyres for race day at Bompton Speedway. They had continued to put all their support behind Shreeves attempts to qualify on time for an NSSCRA event at the expense of their two chartered drivers, Shane Wray (#20) and David Land (#91). Had the team shuttered Shreeve's weekly misery earlier in the season they might have been able to stretch their funds for their remaining two drivers through to the end of the season. Instead when Shreeves crossed the line with the second slowest time in Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Qualifying in Bompton the team knew they could no longer proceed. Tropicorp offerred to help transport their equipment back to Central Shaneville and made sure the paper work was drawn up for one of Central Shaneville's weekly charter slots to be transferred over to Team Tropicorp for the remainder of the NSSCRA 7 season. While it was too late to make any moves in Saint Kanye, Team Tropicorp was hopeful that they could get all the paperwork done while the executives of ShaneEyoho Motorsport were still at the track so everything could be transferred in time for the Xannerian race.

Back in Tropicoast, Team Tropicorp Engineers got Cocoabo #28 fitted into their newest car - one that was being designed with NSSCRA Season 8 in mind. Cocoabo #28 was flown in from the Cocoabo Forest for a quick shake down session before both car and driver began the move to Xanneria where Cocoabo #28 would finally get back on track after having their season de-railed just three races in after an accident in the Toys '4' All 500. The brand new #28 machine still carried the logos of Turorian communication entity twii.tur though would also prominently feature the branding of the Cocoabo Preservation Society, a nod to the perseverance of Cocoabo #28 in overcoming their injuries suffered earlier in the season and the partnership between the Cocoabo Preservation Society and Tropicorp in the Cocoabo Enrichment and Enhancement Project initiative at the Cocoabo Park. While expectations will certainly be modest for Cocoabo #28 at the Brycelin Harbor circuit, considering the strong performances from Cocoabo #78 and general improvement all around at Team Tropicorp there will certainly be plenty of attention on Cocoabo #28's return in Xanneria.
- Tropicorp -

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:46 am

----o-֎-o----

‭Lately, the Sports Department at the Ministry of Culture had been focusing most of its attention on the Campionato Esportiva and the end of the baseball season rather than NSSCRA. They were well informed of the ongoing controversies about women in baseball and the use of magic in professional sports, both of which continued to spark occasional protests, and they were working closely with local police and national security agencies to ensure stadiums were safe from Taliban attacks -- but they didn't immediately notice when a crisis in Central Shanesville forced the country's stock car racing program to abruptly shut down.

‭This did not stop other people from noticing.

‭Bo Zhang had received the contract for his deal with Vijay Tripathi, but he hadn't signed it yet. When he heard the news, he set it aside still unsigned and immediately called Liuyong Xu to ask him if he wanted to apply for one of Central Shanesville's abandoned charters. "No," Xu answered sadly. "I wish I could, but we don't have time to line up the sponsors and logistics for a trip overseas, not in time for the Brycline Grand Prix."

‭IRACT was still new, disorganized, and under-funded compared to some of the racing leagues in other countries, and that meant they weren't always ready to leap at the opportunity every time a charter opened up. This was exacerbated by the fact that they were usually at loggerheads with the Ministry of Culture.

‭"What about trying to get into some of the later races?" Zhang asked.

‭"No, go ahead and sign your contract with Tripathi," said Xu.

‭"You're sure you're okay with it?"

‭"Of course," said Xu. "It's honest work. Go ahead and make some money."

‭Tripathi debated whether he wanted to try to get into the race in Xanneria, but decided against it. He just wanted to get a taste of NSSCRA to see how competitive it really was, and he could do that in Guilin. He wasn't planning to pursue a career in it.

‭Meanwhile, in Lukla-Namche, a man with ill-fitting clothes and matted hair barged into the lobby of the Ministry of Culture's offices and demanded that the charter be given to him. "With Chomolungma as my crew chief, with Allah as my mechanic, with Jesus as my gas man, with Guan Yu, the Monkey King, Krishna, and Vishnu as my tire changers, I will defeat all challengers, I will overcome all obstacles, and I will win the championship of NSSCRA!" the man raved.

‭"I don't know what NSSCRA is, but I don't think the gods are going to manifest themselves on Earth to help you win it," the receptionist said.

‭"Then you don't know the power of PRAYER!!!" the man exclaimed. He brandished a children's toy with a spinner on the top that bore a passing resemblance to a prayer wheel -- but only a passing resemblance. It was clearly a toy, not a religious object. He began spinning it and chanting, apparently falling into a trance, hypnotized by the toy's whirring sound and the repetition of his chant.

‭"Sir, is someone expecting you?" the receptionist asked.

‭"Yes, Gong Xue," the man said, still spinning his toy.

‭"One moment, please," the receptionist said. She picked up the phone on her desk and dialed Xue Gong's number. "Hi. There's a man in the lobby that says you're expecting him. Are you expecting any visitors today?" There was a pause while she listened to Gong's answer.

‭"Okay, thanks. I... don't think you need to see him then." She put the phone down and pressed a hidden button under her desk to call secruity. "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Xue Gong says he isn't expecting any visitors."

‭The man jerked upright and stopped spinning the toy. "But this is my destiny!"

‭"The gods will just have to find another way," the receptionist said.

‭"Li Liangmei is an imposter! I was supposed to race in NSSCRA, but she seduced the IRACT officials and they gave my charter to her!"

‭"I don't know who Liangmei Li is," said the receptionist. "You'll have to take it up with her."

‭At this point, a couple of security officers arrived on the scene. The man continued rambling as they escorted him away for a psych evaluation.

----o-֎-o----

‭Kai Qiang and Liangmei Li were the same place in the Chase standings as they had been before the Emerald Energy Night Race: 4th and 12th respectively. It still was not many points separating the Chasers, but Li only had one more race to climb the ranks if she wanted to advance to the next round.

‭Qiang had some handling problems early on, but was able to get them resolved and ran well for the remainder of the race.

‭Li started off faster, but then fell back when she had to pit for fuel and tires, neither of which she'd conserved effectively.

‭Dinggu Wang was still struggling to adjust to the fierce international competition and the unfamiliar mix of people in his pit crew. He had a few fast laps where his innate ability showed, but overall it was not a dazzling performance. There were definitely some kinks that still needed to be worked out.

‭In post-race interviews, all of the drivers got some questions about the outcome of the race, about the Chase standings, and about the upcoming race in Xanneria. Dinggu Wang got some awkward questions about why his success in the domestic season was not translating to good results in NSSCRA. "Racing in NSSCRA is different than racing in IRACT," Wang explained. "Other drivers have had the whole season to get acclimated to it, but I'm just making that adjustment now, and I have some people on my crew that I never worked with before, so we're still learning how to work together."

‭"What would you say is different about NSSCRA?" the interviewer asked him.

‭"Well, obviously there are more top tier drivers and fewer guys driving around in a hunk of junk sponsored by their mom's carpet shop. In NSSCRA, you can be in 15th or 20th place and still have someone good fighting you for that spot."

‭After he was done talking to the media and saying a quick congratulations to Meghan Sharpe, Kai Qiang went out for a midnight snack with his crew. With the race being held at night and a lot of media people asking for interviews or photos, it was quite late by the time they left the track. At the bar they talked about a variety of things -- the collapse of Central Shanesville, the bickering between Xanneria and Newmanistan, the vapid people falling over themselves to support Lexi Patterson and doing mental gymnastics to pretend their support wasn't based on sex appeal. Nobody had offered to help Jia Huang after her expulsion from IRACT. Nobody was offering to help Liuyong Xu get back into NSSCRA after he got crowded out. The drivers from Central Shanesville and Newmanistan that had lost their charters were likewise not picked up by foreign teams or invited to compete for the open charter. And yet Patterson was somehow considered a hot commodity. Qiang and his crew did not think there was any possible explanation that wasn't rooted in sexual objectification and/or racism. Sometimes people saw different things when they were evaluating a driver's talent, but that was not enough to explain why any team would pursue Patterson over Xu. Xu had made it to the Chase in NSSCRA season 6. Patterson had been in one race where she finished 29th, and people were treating her like she was all that and a bag of chips.

‭"That's what happens when things are so commercialized," Houzhi Chang said. "You get all these corporate sponsors and then everyone has to worry about making money for their sponsors, and it gets in the way of the sport. They want someone that will look good in their ads."

‭"I know," said Qiang. "I just hate that it works that way. I wish we could run our team like Newmanistan, without all the sponsors and advertising, and we could just focus on racing without all the marketing. It's too bad the Ministry of Culture would never fund it."

‭"It doesn't seem like it's working that well for Newmanistan either," said Chang.

‭"That's true," said Qiang. "I sort of want to try driving one of their cars and find out if Harrison is right about the cars being the problem. Not during the Chase obviously."

‭"I don't think it's the cars," said Chang. "Rich developed country like Newmanistan, I'm sure they can put a decent car on the track. I don't know why they're not competitive in stock car racing like they are in other sports."

----o-֎-o----

‭Ever since the Guiyang Racing Club was expelled from IRACT for sponsoring illegal races on public roads, they had been looking for revenge, or at least some sort of vindication. Now they had a plan. They would apply for one of Central Shanesville's abandoned charters. They were sure there were foreign organizations that could outbid them if it was just a matter of money, so they needed something else: a driver that people would be eager to see on the track. Jia Huang was a natural ally since she had also been expelled from IRACT. She had had a decent run in NSSCRA season 6, and she still had the car that she'd used in her last few races before being banned. Even after the ban, she couldn't bring herself to get rid of it. Their big plan to get to Alexandria in time for the Brycline Grand Prix? Shame the government into having a shaman teleport them so the Sherpa Empire would not lose face with a no-show at an international sporting event. It was an obnoxious tactic and there were certainly better uses of government shamans' time and power, but they were pretty sure it would work if they could just secure the charter. And Jia Huang did love sticking it to the man.

----o-֎-o----
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Race: Travl Brycline Grand Prix, Brycline Harbor, Xanneria
Lap Record: 59.221 seconds

Drivers in red needed to qualify in, and failed too.
1 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori)           59.604
2 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 59.615
3 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 59.625
4 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 59.734
5 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 59.735
6 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 59.765
7 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 59.834
8 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 59.932
9 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 1:00.011
10 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 1:00.029
11 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 1:00.097
12 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 1:00.197
13 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 1:00.251
14 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 1:00.322
15 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 1:00.336
16 #18 Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 1:00.342
17 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 1:00.352
18 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 1:00.359
19 #00 Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) 1:00.379
20 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 1:00.444
21 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 1:00.491
22 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 1:00.553
23 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 1:00.604
24 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 1:00.631
25 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 1:00.701
26 #15 Marvin Spicer (Xanneria) 1:00.832
27 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 1:00.877
28 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 1:01.551
29 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 1:01.612
30 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 1:02.067
31 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 1:02.083
32 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 1:02.165
33 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 1:02.268
34 #34 Warren Pawstone (The Ferret Lands) *Q* 1:02.362
35 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 1:02.384
36 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 1:02.491
37 #32 Andrew Holden (Lisander) *Q* 1:02.594
38 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 1:02.555
39 #98 Adam Poboski (Greythorne) *Q* 1:02.602
40 #49 Melvin Andrew (One Jamaica) *Q* 1:02.621
41 #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 1:02.641
42 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 1:02.766
43 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) 1:02.784
44 #94 Yael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) *Q* 1:02.898
45 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 1:02.971
46 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 1:03.127
47 #05 Jeff Shreeves (Xanneria) *Q* 1:03.179
48 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 1:03.231
49 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 1:03.622
Last edited by Newmanistan on Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:31 am

NSSCRA: GIRLS' NIGHT OUT
'Dagans dominate under the lights at Bompton

by Yennefer Spencer

BOMPTON - The three full-time drivers of Kanyean NSSCRA (Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association) team Glorious Free Republic Motorsports all finished in the top ten at their second home race of the season, the Emerald Energy Night Race here in Bompton Raceway, making it back to back races that they had done so. However, while the Kanyeans' performance can no doubt be described as good, the trio from Team Cassadaigua did great, leading an astounding 384 of the race's 512 laps as well as taking three of the top four places at the end, including first.

It is win number one in her NSSCRA career for Meghan Sharpe, driver of the #4 Spacebook car, as she beat out St. Kanye's Skip Stiller in the #3 Chadwick with joint sponsorship from QED Car Rentals and the Kanyean Army. Third and fourth behind Stiller were two more Cassadagans, Stacie Houston and Jenna Logan in the #27 Five Star Mobile and #11 Pink Love Clothing cars, respectively. Vannish open-wheeler Jessica Franssen rebounded from a thirtieth-place finish last week, taking the #75 Humboltson Hotels VM to fifth at the Kanyean short track, just ahead of Jeremiah Brooke, a son of Bompton. Brooke, who put his #18 Hyde Medical Group/Kanyean Air Force Chadwick on pole, got the loudest cheers during the driver introductions at the start of the race.

Seventh was James McCurty in the #23 Shellshock Batteries machine, followed by Cocoabo #78, obviously in the #78 car. The #46 Multiversal Automotive Coatings/Kanyean Navy Chadwick crossed the line ninth, driven by the third Yeezie full-timer, Thea Alvarez. The final member of the top ten was the Sherpa Kai Qiang, who pilots the #44 Flying Fish Taxi TMW. Philip West was also part of the event's lineup for GFR, winning the battle for the open charter spot; he finished 26th in the #19 Blood Moon Beer Chadwick. Two places below West was Dinggu Wang of the Sherpa Empire, making his second appearance of the season in car #79.

GFR's good run put Alvarez, Brooke and Stiller, in that order, in the top three of the Chase drivers' standings. Despite this, only Alvarez, who won last week at One Jamaica, is guaranteed a place in the upcoming round of eight. The other two would have to continue to perform well in the race next week to advance. "I had a chance to get locked in again, but it just slipped", said Stiller. "Even though we [Kanyeans] are in the lead now, it's not safe. There's still a race left in this round, and we shouldn't count out any surprises." Regarding the just-concluded event, the veteran driver commented, "Meg fought hard. The Cassadagan cars were the class of the field. Congrats to all of them."

Brooke thanked his fellow Bompton citizens for their support, not only for him, but also for the race. "People really came out to watch the Night Race, and it was clear to see that it was all worth it. The place [Bompton Raceway] was packed, it was noisy, and people were happy. We didn't disappoint. But still, the win is yet to come. One of these days ...." He was also present at the Team Cassadaigua tent after the race, chatting and joking with the victor and her teammates.

After the race next week, the Travl Brycelin Grand Prix in Xanneria, the Chase field is once again reduced, this time to just eight. "Hope to see both my teammates make it", said Alvarez. "It will be quite the battle if we all make it, hopefully until the very end. The crew and I will do our part to make the most of the remaining races for the 46, and I hope it's the same for the other two."

All qualifying sessions and races will be broadcast live on SKYNET (Saint KanYe NETwork) Sports Channel 12, and online at nsscra.skynet.stk. Full qualifying, race, and driver points tables are also found on that website.

OFFICIAL STANDINGS - Race 18 of 23 (Bompton)

1. #4 Meghan Sharpe (CDG)
2. #3 Skip Stiller (STK)
3. #27 Stacie Houston (CDG)
4. #11 Jenna Logan (CDG)
5. #75 Jessica Franssen (VNG)
6. #18 Jeremiah Brooke (STK)
9. #46 Thea Alvarez (STK)
26. #19 Philip West (STK)

CHASE POINTS

1. #46 Thea Alvarez (STK) - 3083 (1 win)
2. #18 Jeremiah Brooke (STK) - 3080
3. #3 Skip Stiller (STK) - 3079

4. #44 Kai Qiang (SHW) - 3074
5. #4 Meghan Sharpe (CDG) - 3073 (1 win)
6. #27 Stacie Houston (CDG) - 3080
7. #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (VNT) - 3068
8. #14 River Suzgar (VNT) - 3064
--------------------
9. #50 Ellie Lindskog (VNG) - 3060
10. #13 Eva Kerman (JEB) - 3055
11. #6 Alex Knight (HAM) - 3054
12. #88 Liangmei Li (SHW) - 3053

NEXT RACE

Travl Brycelin Grand Prix, Alexandria, Xanneria

NSSCRA: XANNERIA QUALIFYING BRINGS MORE LINEUP SHAKEUPS
GFR acquires extra charter; struggling driver switches teams

by Dante Dinkley

ALEXANDRIA - As the seventh NSSCRA (Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association) season nears its exciting conclusion, more and more teams are making last-minute changes to their roster of drivers, for various reasons.

It started just before the Chase, when Newmanistani team Rocket Motorsports replaced their three underperforming full-timers with their part-timer and two newcomers. Some saw it as a sign of quitting, but others (this writer included) thought that the team was collecting data and looking for a winning combination for next season, earlier than the others since their regulars were already out of the running. Then, after Vangaziland's Floyd Hackerbee and the Sherpa Empire's Tsering Chu were eliminated, they gave up their seats to their teams' part-timers to.give them more experience (and in the case of Jessica Franssen, get her ready for full-time competition next season). Just last week, Central Shaneville's ShaneEyoho Motorsport ceased operations, releasing their two charters in the process. These two spots temporarily went to two "must-qualify" cars for the race in Bompton, St. Kanye, but were then put up for sale by the league.

Team Tropicorp bought one of these charters to ensure the previously injured Cocoabo #28 a place in the final five races of the season, confirming rumors stating such. St. Kanye's Glorious Free Republic Motorsports successfully made a deal for the other, and will share it between part-timers Philip West and Sage Caldwell, alternating events between the two. GFR CEO Luke Brown beat out Xannerian businessman Marvin Spicer in the bidding by ten million NSD, or five million Coinyes in local currency. "This move will bring exposure not only to the drivers, but also the sponsors, and we hope that exposure will be of the good kind for all parties involved", Brown said.

Spicer would settle on getting the open charter for his home race, the Travl Brycelin Grand Prix, preparing a #15 car for veteran driver Roy Capps, also the father of #16 driver Tucker. This made the Cappses the second father and son duo to run an NSSCRA race together, after series regulars Francis Furheart Sr. (#55) and his son Francis Jr. (#56) of the Ferret Lands. It also meant that car numbers 1 to 30 have now all attempted a race, and numbers 1 to 28 have made at least one.

Car #29, the outlier, belonged to Jeff Shreeves of Central Shaneville, but he was 0 for 19, including the Exhibition at Tundra Falls, in attempts to qualify. With Shreeves' team folding, he would never get the chance to make it to a race. That is, until Spicer came to the struggling driver's rescue, signing him to his team to drive the #05 vehicle.

Now let's take a look at the qualifying sessions themselves. River Suzgar, defending NSSCRA champ, sits on pole for the Grand Prix. Both of the #14 driver's Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Awards have come in the second round of the Chase; the Shark also started first before the pole award had gotten its sponsorship, in the Exhibition at Tundra Falls. Dinggu Wang (#79), Chu's replacement, starts seventh. Newmanistan's new faces are spread out in the field. Travis Barkley (#64) starts a respectable tenth, elevated part-timer Kevin Daniels (#63) is a mediocre 32nd, and Zachary Cornell (#59) is a lowly 41st. Cocoabo #28 also didn't have a great qualifying run; she will start 37th, one place below fellow Cocoabo, #78. Franssen (#75), who earned a top 5 in Bompton last week, starts 29th. Caldwell (#00) is 19th in the starting grid, behind but not far from full-time teammates and Chasers Skip Stiller (#3; starts 13th), Thea Alvarez (#46; 15th) and Jeremiah Brooke (#18; 16th). Roy Capps will begin the race in 26th.

And Shreeves? He brought his DNQ-ing ways to Xanneria, and will miss his twentieth race of the season.

All qualifying sessions and races will be broadcast live on SKYNET (Saint KanYe NETwork) Sports Channel 12, and online at nsscra.skynet.stk.
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Xanneria
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:24 pm

The Mystery of Jeff Shreeves

The weeks leading up to the Brycline Harbor race have been rather hectic and unique. With the Shanesville teams collapse due to what was thought to be the nations existence running out it meant there were suddenly three charters up for sale. and when there's money to be spent, Marvin Spicer is usually there. Unfortunately the team's bid was not excepted despite the fact they were likely the one with the most money available to spend. Instead they sold the charter to Tropicorp, which was expected and St Kanye who while reportedly had offered less money did offer an experienced team. This leaves the team in a pickle, they have the non-Qualifying charter and driver Jeff Shreeves, Shreeves struggled to make the races and qualified 3rd slowest. But Shreeves is more than a guy who is 0/19, he's a fascinating person who never really got a chances. According to Shreeves the Shaneville team was a disaster, according to Shreeves most of the money the team spent was on getting David Land, a popular but overvalued mid-pack openwheel driver. It got so bad that the team would put in used parts and suffered serious mechanical issues regularly and frankly entered cars that should have been banned for safety issues. Land had clearly been phoning in his runs when down inside he was probably not happy.

Shreeves ran the hastily prepared 05 car and even though he was slow, he had a better car and had made a few simple mistakes that kept him from going faster, specifically that his breaking points were still that of a driver whose car was about to fall apart. Meanwhile The other Xannerians did well, with row 6 being locked out by Gwinnett and Capps, with Walters in 17th. Roy Capps, Tuckers dad made his first pro race in 8 years in a one off for Marvin Spicer and will stay on board as a coach for Shreeves. Needless to say this looks like a great day for racing in Xanneria.
Teams

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:20 am

----o-֎-o----

‭As the teams made their way to Xanneria, Kai Qiang and Mendok Sherpa were still trying to sort out what they were going to do with their relationship. Their first night in Alexandria, before they had time to get too busy with their preparations for the race, Qiang went to see Mendok in her room and told her that it was time for her to tell her parents she was pregnant. "They'll tell me to get an abortion," Mendok protested, same as she had before.

‭And Qiang gave her the same answer as before: "Tell them no. You can't keep it a secret forever." He picked up her phone and held it out for her to take. "Either you tell them or I will."

‭"They'll disown me."

‭Qiang started flipping through the contacts on Mendok's phone, looking for her parents' number. He had trouble finding anything because the only way he had learned to write Sherpa was using the Tibetan alphabet, but Mendok's phone had a mix of Tibetan script and devanagari.

‭Mendok reached for the phone, saying, "Ugh... Let me do it. I don't want them talking to you."

‭Qiang gave her the phone. Mendok tugged at his arm, pulling him toward the bed. "Sit with me while I talk to them."

‭They sat together on the edge of the bed, hand in hand while Mendok held the phone in her free hand and dialed her parents. Her voice shook as she gave them the news. They took it badly, as she had guessed they would.

‭"You can't be pregnant!" her mother said incredulously.

‭"Who's the father?" her father demanded angrily.

‭"Who do you think?"

‭"I don't know! That's why I'm asking! Oh, Holy Mother... Don't tell me..."

‭"It's Kai Qiang's, isn't it?" Mendok's mother cut in.

‭"Yeah," Mendok answered.

‭"WHAT???" her father roared. "YOU SLEPT WITH THAT DOG???"

‭"He's not a dog, dad!" Mendok retorted.

‭On the other end of the line, her mother was trying to calm her father down. "I know it's bad, but we can handle this. If she schedules an appointment now, she should be able to get an abortion when she's in Guilin."

‭"I'm not going to get an abortion, mom!"

‭"Mendok, you're not ready to have a kid. You still need to finish college, and you said Kai Qiang dumped you."

‭"No, we're getting back together," Mendok said. "I told him I wouldn't be so pushy and he's going to take me back."

‭"I said I'd think about it!" Qiang corrected her in a harsh whisper that he hoped her parents wouldn't be able to hear through the phone.

"Well, you still need to finish college," Mendok's mother said.

‭"YOU ARE NOT GETTING BACK TOGETHER WITH THAT FILTHY LITTLE RAT!!!" her father bellowed. "AND I AM NOT GOING TO PAY YOUR TUITION UNLESS YOU GET AN ABORTION!!!"

‭"But Gyelbu, she needs to get an education..." Mendok's mother protested.

‭"She needs to get an abortion!" Gyelbu insisted.

‭Mendok put her hand over the phone so she could talk to Qiang separately from her parents, and she turned to look at him with a panic-stricken expression. "My dad's saying he won't pay my tuition unless I get an abortion."

‭"Give me the phone," said Qiang.

‭"What are you going to say?"

‭"I'm going to tell him to get stuffed," said Qiang. "We'll find a way for you to stay school even if he cuts you off. You helped Tsering get an NSSCRA charter. You can find a way to get through college. He'll probably back down once he realizes you're not going to do what he says."

‭Mendok refused to put Qiang on the phone, but she still took his advice not to back down. It was terrifying to defy her parents so openly, but she had to. She really did want to make it work with Qiang.

‭After she got off the phone, she buried her face in his shirt and cried for a long time. Qiang put his arms around her and let her cry it out.

----o-֎-o----

‭The latest news in NSSCRA was that Tropicorp, Saint Kanye, and Xanneria had bought up the charters abandoned by Central Shanesville as a result of that country's collapse.

‭For some bizarre reason, Xanneria had recruited Jeff Shreeves rather than transfering the newly-puchased charter to one of their own drivers. At Brycline Harbor, Shreeves once again failed to qualify for the race, continuing a string of failures that had been going all season long. The Sherpa Empire's drivers didn't know whether to be jealous that he was able to keep coming back no matter how many times he failed, or whether to feel sorry for him because he failed so many times. Shreeves, it seemed, was blaming everyone but himself for his failures, pointing the finger at Central Shanesville's management and complaining about the quality of car he had to work with. Kai Qiang's reaction: "Did he see what I was driving the end of last season?"

‭Li and Wang weren't much more sympathetic. "We all went through the same thing when we were starting out," said Li. "You have to work with what you have and if you do well, then you'll get the sponsorships to invest in better equipment."

‭"Cry me a river!" Wang said sarcastically. "Welcome to my life!"

‭Liangmei Li was annoyed to see Tropicorp bringing Cocoabo #28 back to the track. "Why are we racing against some nerd's science fair project?" she asked rhetorically during a practice session.

‭Kai Qiang decided he didn't care. Teaching cocoabos to race was at least somewhat interesting from a scientific point of view, even if being used as part of a control group in a Tropicorp experiment wasn't exactly what he had in mind when he got into NSSCRA.

‭Dinggu Wang was still not used to seeing ferrets or cocoabos in cars, and it made him nervous. He didn't trust them not to crash, and possibly wreck other cars in the process.

‭Wang was also not used to seeing black guys with huge dreadlocks, but that didn't make him as nervous. He was curious about Sage Caldwell, about what sort of person he was other than "that guy with the crazy hair," but he didn't have any objection to racing with the Kanyean driver. Qiang was happy to see Caldwell at the track. It meant that at least one of the charters had gone to a competent human being.

‭At the end of qualifying, all of the Sherpa Empire's racers were set to start the Brycline Grand Prix in the top 10. Wang was delighted. He felt like he was finally hitting his stride. He said in interviews that he was getting more comfortable with his cobbled together pit crew and he was looking forward to showing what they could do in the next day's race.

‭Liangmei Li also felt confident that her strong showing in qualifying, which put her in the front row next to "Shark" Suzgar, was a sign of what to expect the next day. She felt like she had the track all figured out. Whether that would be enough to keep her in the Chase, though... Just having a good run was not necessarily enough. If the other Chasers had a good day too, then she would not be able to climb the standings into the top 8.

‭Kai Qiang was the pessimist of the group. He was quick to point out that he, Li, and Tsering Chu had all qualified well at the Mountain Challenge Course in Vilita, only to have an absolutely terrible race the next day where his own uninspiring 23rd place finish was the best of the three and Chu did not even finish the race. "If we have the same luck here, one of us could still end up swimming in the marina. It's too early to start celebrating until we finish the actual race."

----o-֎-o----

And the Sherpa Empire's photographers finally got around to taking a picture of Dinggu Wang for use in NSSCRA coverage.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

NSSCRA 7 Rd 19 - Xanneria Qualifying (Pole)

Postby Vilita and Turori » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:27 am

ImageImageImageImage

Shark Puts another non-Vilaye Car on Pole Position

River 'Shark' Suzgar II once again gets the Vilaye Pole Award in a non-Vilaye car
Travl Brycline NSSCRA Race Weekend, Brycline Harbor Grand Prix Course, Brycline Harbor, Xanneria :: After failing to claim a single pole position in the regular season or the first round of the NSSCRA Playoffs, River 'Shark' Suzgar II clicked off the fastest lap in Vilaye Pole Qualifying for the second time in the three race Round of 12 to record their second pole position of the season and fourth of their career including exhibition events. Suzgar had been bitten by close calls and near misses ever since their biggest sponsor, Vilaye Energy Drink, took over the naming rights to the NSSCRA Pole Qualifying award during Round six of the regular season in The Ferret Lands. From there Suzgar posted a pair of second-best efforts in the first two races that Vilaye Energy Drink was the pole award sponsor and a number of additional near-pole efforts including a third place qualifying run in Cassadaigua and three straight fourth place starting positions to close out the regular season and kick off the playoffs.

Once the second round of playoff action kicked off, however, the #14 Vilita and Turori Motorsports team stepped it up a notch finally claiming the top spot in the pole qualifying session at One Jamaica. While the team did not have the Vilaye Energy Drink primary livery on the car, the #14 Vilitan Tourism Dart still had the Vilaye Energy Drink logos on the quarter panels and the sponsor even made sure to bring a Vilaye Energy Drink uniform for a quick photo shoot with the driver after the normal pictures were taken in front of the big board. The following race Suzgar did have the Vilaye Energy Drink colors across the whole car including the Hood and all the side panels but would actually put in their worst qualifying effort of the season and the worst race weekend of the season in Saint Kanye for the defending NSSCRA champion since the season opening Tundra Falls 500 - the only race this season where Suzgar had failed to finish.

Having fallen back to the 8th and final transfer spot in the Chase standings, River 'Shark' Suzgar and the #14 team needed a boost heading into the Travl Brycline sponsored event at the Brycline Harbor Grand Prix course, and they would certainly get one in the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Qualifying session as Suzgar's lap of 59.604 was best among all 50 competitors on track giving Suzgar their second Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award of the season and of the Round of 12. Ironically, it would once again be Suzgar winning the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award while driving a car without the Vilaye Energy Drink logo on the hood. As per the pre-arranged playoff rotation schedule it would be Toys '4' All on the car in Xanneria taking both the Hood and primary side panel locations while the Vilaye Energy Drink logos could be found on the rear of the car. While the Vilisorma Beverage Company may certainly have wished Suzgar could have pulled off the top qualifying spot in the Vilaye Energy Drink primary paint scheme, no one will have begrudged the moment from Toys '4' All as Suzgar's neither of Suzgar's previous race victories or pole positions had come with the Toys '4' All logo on the hood.

While Suzgar was fastest among all drivers much of the story line came deeper in the field as a couple of drivers were making headlines for their presence at the Brycline Harbor Course. Team Tropicorp's Cocoabo #28 finally returned to action with an unimpressive showing in Vilaye Pole Qualifying but will contest their first race outside the Vilitan Cove since Round 2 in Cassadaigua. The opportunity for Cocoabo #28 opened up due to the closure of Central Shaneville's SEM racing team which made one drivers appearance on the qualifying good all the more worthy of headlines: Jeff Shreeves. "Never Quit" Shreeves added a new chapter to his legacy of failing to give up on his life long goal of taking the green flag for an NSSCRA points paying race. Despite virtually bankrupting Central Shanevilles own national entry into the NSSCRA circuit and forcing the team to pack up their gear and head home early, Shreeves was undeterred and worked out a deal with local Xannerian financier Marvin Spicer to get a ride for the Travl Bryclin sponsored event driving for Spicer in the #05 machine. While Shreeves would get another crack at qualifying for an NSSCRA event, by the end of their timed lap the question of whether or not Shreeves struggles were related to the Central Shaneville drivers talents or simply a byproduct of piloting inferior equipment began to answer itself. While the four other Xannerian entries had all posted qualifying times in the one-minute-flat bracket or faster with two of them inside the Top 10, Shreeves best qualifying lap was nearly 3 seconds slower and only good for 47th on the grid. Even Roy Capps driving the other Spicer Motorsports entry and team car to Jeff Shreeves was no where near as slow as the Central Shanevillian, posting the 26th fastest lap in qualifying.

While some including the deep-pocketed Spicer seem dedicated to supporting Shreeves goal of qualifying for an NSSCRA event, the end of the line could be near for the 20-time Did-not-qualify-er as they do not currently have a ride lined up for the next race at the Li River Speedway in The Sherpa Empire. While some have wondered if Shreeves could buy their way into a race much the way Marvin Andrews did in One Jamaica, others have encouraged Shreeves to stay the course suggesting that buying a charter spot wouldn't prove anything. After trying to qualify in on time for this long, there would be no joy in starting a race on a technicality at this point.

Elsewhere in the Vilita and Turori Motorsports stable, Centur Tiones put in a strong 5th place qualifying effort - their fourth fifth place qualifying run of the season as they look to end the season with a victory having all but secured the 17th spot in the drivers standings. Vilita and Turori's other NSSCRA Chase eligible driver, Yraaga Gilli'i, was expected to put in a strong performance on the Road Course but was only able to qualify 22nd and will look to climb up to the front of the pack before race end. Gilli'i sits 7th in the Chase Standings heading into the race and knows that a Top 3 finish would be the only thing that could assure them passage through to the next round.

Jebslund
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:45 am

"Frau Lexi Patterson has the drive, but she needs more training and practice. We should pull her from the NSSCRA series and run her in domestic leagues. Give her some experience before we throw her back on the world stage.".

The meeting had been going on for three hours. Sie Nah Fleet System's operating council, a group of thirteen AIs who made the business decisions, had been discussing the company's plans for the next year, and the subject of Lexi Patterson had come up multiple times with no consensus yet reached. On the one hand, to a machine, the council felt Lexi deserved a legitimate shot at a career in stock car racing. The interviews that had been conducted prior to her attempt at qualifying in Bompton had confirmed their suspicions: She'd been played for a fool from the beginning. But the fact remained that she was clearly not yet ready for the big leagues. The point of contention was whether or not she had the potential. For the moment, it was an uphill battle for both sides, with the decision split right down the middle (and one abstention), though the idea of cancelling her contract had been dismissed out of hand as no better than her previous sponsors, but there was a debate raging between whether to keep her in the NSSCRA or put her in the domestic leagues to get practice and try running her again next season.

"Her contract allows her to finish out the season. To pull her now would be to renege on our agreement. Let her finish the season, then put her in the domestics. Give her a taste of how far she must rise, then tell her she must *earn* next season. Frau Lexi Patterson is best served by making it unquestionably clear to her that there is a wide margin for improvement for her, and that her place is there, but far from guaranteed. She must be made to see that the hard work to come is absolutely necessary, and she will not see that if we simply lower the difficulty every time she fails."

"Is there not also the risk that she will become discouraged? Frau Lexi Patterson is a human model. She may not see the value of adversity and hard work the way Kerbals and we AIs do. Showing her that she has a long way to go may cause her to feel as if the distance cannot be closed. We must build her up from the domestic leagues."

"The military drivers, Oberst Eva Kerman in particular, seem to have done well enough."

"The military trains its soldiers to work well under pressure. Frau Lexi Patterson has not had that experience."

"Why don't we *ask* her?"

The question was voted on as soon as it was asked, and the consensus was to ask her how she felt. Within seconds, the email was sent, marked urgent, asking Lexi to send a video talking about her feelings regarding the NSSCRA and whether or not she felt finishing the season out before going into a domestic league between seasons would be beneficial to her.
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.
Shockingly, we *do* use NS stats, with the exception of lifespan.
Singular sapient: Jebslunder
Plural Sapient: Jebslunden
Singular/Plural nonsapient: Kermanic
Note: When a verb can logically only be done by the sapient using/piloting/holding the object in question, then the appropriate demonym for the number of sapients is used.

Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism are ECONOMIC SYSTEMS. Stop conflating them with political systems.

The Western Carolina Union
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Carolina Union » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:27 pm

(OOC: This is a Xanneria puppet account, with the down time I am setting along plans for next season, that will involve this puppet)

Western Carolina and the Marvin Spicer experiment

So there's an excitement in the air in the Carolinas. For a country as passionate about auto racing as Carolina, there hasn't been any real true international races. There's been series such as the Big 6 league but those only run in areas nearbye such Xanneria and East Tennessee Smokey Mountains and are thusly considered regional leagues. No truely international league has come to the Carolinas yet. But that could change as a promotional team from Xanneria has engaged in talks with the 0.625 mile short oval in Wilkesboro. From the info that could be gathered the promoter is Palace City, Xanneria, leading most people to think the promoter is actually Marvin Spicer.

Wilkesboro during a recent Big Six race.

Spicer who is running a team under the KRD banner despite the team being ran from Western Carolina has said he will operate the team under the banner of WCU next season. Spicer indicated that he was only running as a Xannerian because of rules that made it easier for him to run with KRD than branch out independantly.

Spicer also drew some looks because he decided to retain Jeff Shreeves. This caused some reactions from the paddock and from people unfamiliar with Spicer. While certain people such as media in the Atlantian Oceania area had stated that Shreeves was the reason the team died, but these turned out to be unfounded rumors that were never fact checked. In fact it was the teams relentless pursuit of charismatic open wheel driver David Land that bankrupted the team. with supposedly up to 75%-90% of the teams money going to Land, which made driving the cars rough as new parts were sparse.

Shreeves was still struggling when he qualified, 3rd slowest of the drivers, but it was not do to the equipment. Shreeves stated that his nerves were still high and several breaking points were missed. Spicer is saying that he is also planning on entering the Shanvillian in the Big Six league for the remainder of the year in order to prep him for next year. Spicer will run the #05 under KRD for the remaining bit of the year and if the oppurtunity arises could still put Shreeves in the #15 car with an Open Charter.

Xanneria
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:28 pm

Confirming puppet status of the above nation.
Teams

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:41 pm

‭The upcoming race at the Li River Speedway in Guilin is sponsored by Guangxi Telecom and is named the Guangxi Telecom 400, though some people have continued referring to it as Guilin 400, which was the name of last year's race at the same track.

‭Guangxi Telecom started as a utility company providing phone service to Guangxi Territory, but since the development of mobile technology and the acquisition of subsidiaries Guixiang and Cormorant, the company now offers a wider variety of products and services. GXT Mobile service is available throughout the Sherpa Empire, and Cormorant software can be used on just about any mobile device. Cormorant has recently released a new app called SherWHUH?! which is designed to help foreign visitors navigate the Sherpa Empire. It includes a translator, maps, information about tourist attractions and local businesses, and converters for prices, dates, and weights and measures. Don't know how much a jin is, which day is the 5th of Yanla, or what the hell the weird squiggles on that street sign mean? That's why there's an app.

‭Fans can stop by Guangxi Telecom's booth to learn more and try out the latest products.

‭A variety of food, souvenirs, and amusements can be found at the Xu family farm by the northwestern part of the track and the Qiang family farm on the east side of the track. Tropicorp Pit Crew Challenge is expected to make an appearance at the Xu farm.

‭IRACT headquarters and the pits are north of the Qiang farm. The Duke of Guilin will be there to greet the foreign teams before the start of the race.

‭The open charter will be used by #07 Vijay Tripathi. Tripathi is one of the Sherpa Empire's most successful open wheel racers, and he has decided to try his hand at stock cars and check out the competition in NSSCRA.

‭If you ask people north of the Himalayas who is the fastest driver in the Sherpa Empire, they'll probably say Kai Qiang because they've been watching NSSCRA. If you ask people south of the Himalayas, they'll probably say Vijay Tripathi because they've been watching the domestic open wheel league SIMS.

----o-֎-o----

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:02 pm

Lindskog Qualifies Third At Brycline

Ellie Lindskog put on a strong performance while qualifying at Brycline Harbor. This would not be like the typical stock car race. It was a road course which included a highly technical 180 degree turn. Many analysts questioned if stock cars would even do well on this feature clearly designed for open wheel cars.

Lindskog would have to face the feature each lap, hoping to improve and make up time on the rest of the pack. Ellie had a leg up because she got advice from Jessica Franssen, a title holder in the field of open wheel racing. Some say Jess is an even better coach than she is a driver. She has managed VMR into back two back 2-title WGP2 seasons.

"I worked with Ellie to help her learn her braking points", Franssen said after qualifying. "It's farther back than it would be for a WGPO car. The truth was that it still didn't feel natural to me. She did much better because she didn't know what to expect. I had to fight my own instincts all session."

It took Ellie four laps until she ran that segment of the track the fastest. With so many varied turns, it was harder to stay consistent. She earned most of her steel as a stock car driver by running the same four turns repeatedly. Brycline Harbor would bring a unique set of challenges for both herself and the Royal Imperial Brewery car.

Lindskog's best lap time was impressive. She qualified 3rd on the field. Ellie was asked how much she thought her start would help. "It's good to be near the front of the pack", she said. "A stock car race is long. Some series would actually call this an endurance event." She wasn't speaking of 12 or 24 hour events, but rather 4-6 hour events in Asian GT. "A lot can happen, especially on a street circuit like this." Many stock car tracks of this sort were typically called road courses, but Brycline Harbor was technical enough for the circuit moniker. The term street often refers to a race through a city. This would be no ordinary 'road race'.

Kev Schorebrook would share her row while starting 4th. It would be a great start for a driver running purely for exhibition purposes. Schorebrook took heat for previously referring to the rest of the season as an exhibition. He clarified his statement by saying, "it's all fun and games to push for the best finish you can. Time will only remember the Champion. The only person we remember from NSSCRA 6 is the Sugar Shark. The top Corsair drivers finished 5th and 8th last season. History won't remember that." Some thought his comments proved to be controversial.

"We still want to run our best. This last qual run shows that", Kev continued. "But you're either in the hunt or you're not."

Lindskog was asked how she feels to be the only Vangazi still in the Chase. "It means a lot not just to myself, but to the Vannish people. I'm glad to stand strong as the only female Vangazi in the field. Hopefully this a sign to women and girls everywhere. Gender doesn't limit you. You don't have to be like any stereotype you might see on TV."

The last quote may have been directed more to an international audience. Vannish TV, like Vannish culture, doesn't normally portray as many stereotypes as some other nations. The idea of a woman conforming to the ideas of old is considered boring to an audience used to seeing strong women everywhere from business to pro sports. Vangazi will seemingly only tune in to watch women in strong roles.

Lindskog was asked what the choice to feature so many talented female drivers means for herself and Vannish Motors Racing. "Imagine if VMR never hired Jessica Franssen. The company would have likely missed out on one of the biggest stars in international motorsports. I'm no Jess Franssen", Lindskog said, "but here I am keeping team Corsair in the fight."

Franssen battled the heavy stock car during her qualifying run. She spoke of being used to street courses, but not while behind the wheel of such a heavy car. "This isn't like rally or the WGPC", Jess said. "But this is why I'm here. To learn. To face new challenges."

"Every driver finds their own motivation for running in these races" , Schorebrook said about those running outside of title contention. "Some want to finish as high as possible. Others just want to learn the car." Kev caught a slightly mischievous smirk and he batted his long eyelashes at the cameras. "Some of us just want to impress another of the opposite gender."

The reporters tried to clarify on that, but Kev remained guarded. He was asked about his relationship with Stacie Houston. He was seen dining and going on a long walk with Dagan rival Stacie Houston. "Stacie and I are just professional associates", Kev teased. The long gaze of a look in his eye suggested otherwise.

Organized Crime Tied to Hackerbee, Schorebrook Woes

The Five Star Mobile 500 brought a surprise to Vannish fans with the elimination of Kev Schorebrook and Floyd Hackerbee. Both drivers had uncharacteristically bad results. Kev finished 19th after running part of the early race in the top 5. Hackerbee had an even worse race. He was one of the second fastest going into the final segment of the race. He was caught in an incident which saw him slip to 29th.

It seemed as if both drivers could have easily had much better outings. We also saw Floyd Hackerbee leave for the season following his disastrous outing. Some said he seemed under duress, although Floyd denied this.

Everything was called into question when an anonymous pit crew member released security footage of a large, dark-haired man seeming to threaten Floyd Hackerbee. The footage was shot in Vangaziland between races. A tall Mediterranean man in a suit and fedora was seen yelling and even grabbing Hackerbee by the collar.

Another camera showed the man walking into a room with Kev Schorebrook. No footage was seen about what happened in that room. It was assumed there was a similar situation.

Authorities asked how the man was allowed access. Imperial Police, the equivalent to a typical national or federal service, were able to identify the suspect from the footage. His name was Joey 'Hairy Joe' Peluso. He was known to be an associate of Mikey Coconuts Lazio, and a member of the Giangiulio Crew.

"Involvement with the Sicilians and the Vannish Mob would explain a great deal", said Detective Warren Sunssen. "The results just didn't add up. It also explains why Floyd was so motivated to give up his seat."

Floyd wasn't able to be reached for comment. Kev only said, "Mr. Peluso is a legitimate businessman. He just had some concerns to share about an entirely unrelated matter." Analysts speculate 'Hairy Joe' intimidated the Vangazi into throwing the race for financial purposes. Gambling odds were highly in favor for both drivers to make it into the 2nd Chase round. Lazio associates may have wagered against this to make money off the odds.

It appeared Ellie Lindskog was never targeted. "i've never seen that guy before", she said in a straight face.

After being held for 48 hours, Mr. Peluso was released. Neither driver, nor Vannish Motors would pursue charges. "It was an unfortunate incident", Schorebrook said. "Nobody got hurt. All he did was speak a few words. We'll just leave it at that."

Many think it wouldn't be smart to pursue a case against somebody who was only a 'button man'. It appeared the Lazio Famiglia had success where Vannish Motors did not. The only thing that could put Hairy Joe away would be detailed sworn testimony.

"No matter what happened", Lindskog said. "I know neither Floyd nor Kev would rat." With Ellie remaining as the sole Vannish driver in contention, many wonder for her safety.

The extortion was rumored to be ordered by 'Bruno the Barber', Capo Regime of the Giangiulio Crew.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports