NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 44- Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:34 am

Hampton Island Sports Brief

Midnight Makes Debut

The much anticipated debut of Midnight, our beloved black bear, occurred, and so far our Golden Bears are off to a perfect 3-0 start. As he approached the plate to lead off the top of the second, flashbulbs went off about Lycrabon’s stadium. The fans have seen a lot, but now they would witness a bear stepping up to the plate. The catcher looked at Midnight cautiously, as if to be concerned that he might do something unexpected, but Midnight did well to simply enter the batters box. The pitcher smiled as he threw his first pitch directly over the plate. Midnight stared at it, and did not swing as the ump called strike one. His Golden Bear teammates tried to shout words of enthusiasm, but he was not used to this type of surrounding, and would strike out on three called strikes. In the bottom of the second, with two outs and two on, a Lycrabon batter hit a routine fly ball that Midnight should have caught. But he never chased it, and the ball harmlessly fell to the ground, allowing two runs to score. Centerfielder Andrew Voorman had to retrieve the ball. Midnight was talked too pretty firmly in the dugout, and afterwards, he lifted the container of sports drink behind the bench and smashed it to the ground, and let out a growl. Manager Morton was confused and pondered removing him, but then he was told that this was Midnight’s way of showing he was mad at himself and apologizing.

In the third, he had another fly ball hit to him, and this time he knew to run after it, and he caught it. He struck out in his next at bat, in the fourth, and would again in the sixth. However, in the seventh, he came up to the plate with two outs and two on. As we were told, when he makes contact, it goes a long way, and this time, he made firm contact, sending the ball out of the stadium, and reportedly smashing a car’s windshield in the parking lot. This tied the game at 5, and the Golden Bears went on to win in 10.

Midnight made his home debut playing against New Sportland, and would strike out in his first three at bats, giving him seven already. However, when he makes contact, it goes far, and in the 10th inning, Midnight’s solo HR was a walk-off winner. The team was unsure how to greet him at home plate, and wisely decided not to dump a sports drink on him. He seemed to take a little bit to grasp that the game was all of the sudden over after his home run, but appeared happy when realizing that it won the game. In the third game, Midnight was 0-for-4 against Wuriya, increasing that amount of times he struck out to ten. However, this would be the first time he made an out while not striking out. He would be retired on a routine pop out to third base. He did not seem to realize he was out, and rounded the bases as if he just hit a home run again. Once he got near second, everyone was just content to let him do it, and get on with the game.
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

South Covello
Envoy

Founded: Nov 24, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby South Covello » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:44 am

South Covello World Baseball Classic 44 Roster

Despite poor success in the last two tournaments, South Covello is still using pretty much the same roster. The South Covello Baseball Assocation warns this is their last chane, though, and if they don't succeed, there will be a major overhaul for WBC 45. The style mod is -5.

2B #1 Tim Jones (Bats R/Throws R, Age 25)
SS #3 Morbert Sanchez-Diaz (L/R, Age 29)
1B #33 Sam Bortee (L/L, Age 22)
DH #44 Trumbelle Elliot (R/R, Age 31)
LF #10 Ricardo Tavarez (S/L, Age 26)
RF #23 Bruno St. Pierre (R/R, Age 32)
3B #13 Ud Otter (R/R, Age 28)
C #20 Oddle Rivers (R/R, Age 24)
CF #25 Jumbo Jones (L/L, Age 27)

Note: If there is no DH, move Elliot to Left Field, Tavarez to Center Field, and bench Jones.

Pitching Rotation:

LHP #45 Andrew Cruz (Age 25)
RHP #51 Joe Halladay (Age 27)
RHP #29 Baxter Jay (Age 28)
LHP #99 Alfredo Estebaño (Age 25)

Bullpen:

LHP #39 Kyle White (Age 23)
RHP #23 Ulysses S. Flatulence (Age 19)
RHP #27 Tyler Brewhaus (Age 26)
RHP #22 Roger Ewingson (Age 21)
LHP #71 Billy Wagonwheeler (Age 22)

Bench:

C #60 Harold Pew (R/R, Age 19)
1B #47 Brian Morty (R/R, Age 27)
2B/SS #2 Derek Drew (R/R, Age 18)
SS/3B #66 Nick Nordelli (R/R, Age 19)
OF #14 Ted Crussivicci (L/L, Age 31)
OF #15 Jacoby Antolletti (R/R, Age 26)

Coaching Staff:

Manager: #61 Gene Buck (Age 49)
Pitching Coach: #59 Ty Howe (Age 52)
Hitting Coach: #40 Chris Clark (Age 41)
Bench Coach: #80 Alex Aeire (Age 51)
First Base Coach: #63 Alfredo Jones (Age 41)
Third Base Coach: #64 Nintendo Richardson (Age 71)

Stadium:

South Covello will play their home games at the 8,500 seat Bayside Ballpark in Bayside on the coast of Covello Bay in the northern part of the country. Representing the nautical nature of the city, one of the distinguishing features of the park is a lighthouse on the berm down the right field line. The park modifier is 70 due to a constant strong wind blowing in off the bay that tends to knock down fly balls.

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my runscorers: Yes
Choose my lineup: No, follow what I said
Follow my pitching rotation: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but I decide severity
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes, see above
Use DH at home: Yes
Style modifier: -5
Park modifier: 70

People Who Have Issues
Lobbyist

Founded: May 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby People Who Have Issues » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:06 am

A new issue confronts @@NAME@@

I've Been Hurt, But I Don't Care
VOL. 32 NO. 7684

The Issue

Dances-With-@@ANIMALPLURAL@@, the right fielder of the @@DEMONYM@@ national baseball team, injured his arm making a diving catch during the most recent game against Anthor, and it's not clear if he'll be ready to play at the next game in St. Saratoga.

The Debate

"I'm fine!" insists Dances-With-@@ANIMALPLURAL@@, as he gropes for a ground ball and fails to come up with it during warm-ups. "Why are we even talking about this? I don't think you would be talking about benching me if I was ethnic @@DEMONYM@@. I'm being discriminated against because I'm Native."

"He's not going to play his best if he's injured," says bench player Emmeline de Gouges. "Bench him and let someone else have their time to shine -- like me! Dances-With-@@ANIMALPLURAL@@ throws like a girl anyway. You need a right fielder who throws like a woman!"
If you write issues, you may borrow anything you like from this nation's RPs.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:42 am

News Magazine

Trudeau Finishes First in First Round Vote, Will Face Nicholls, Norberg, Fukuhara in Second Round
By: Matthew DeRose

Responsible Progress candidate Sebastian Trudeau edged out Liberty Party candidate Scarlett Nicholls and Radical Alliance candidate Julian Norberg in a razer-thin first round vote. The three frontrunners in the Consul election finished with 24.1%, 23.9% and 23.3% of the vote respectively. Exit polls showed Sebastian Trudeau carrying men with around 35% of their votes while Scarlett Nicholls carried the woman vote with around 30%. Globalist Movement candidate Tsukihiko Fukuhara finished at 10.1%, just over the 10% threshold, due to strong support amongst women and foreigners. By law, all candidates finishing with at least 10% of the vote advance to the second round, unless a candidate wins an outright majority. The last candidate to win an outright majority in the first round was Reino Kulseth 12 years ago. There have been questions circulating about the integrity of that election ever since and many believe that RepublicSoft's voting machines may have been programmed to award phantom votes to Kulseth. Due to concerns over crooked voting machines, the Legislature passed a Paper Ballot Act 4 years ago shortly after the resignation of Consul O'Reilly.

This result will provide no conclusion to an election campaign that has been ugly from the get go. Scarlett Nicholls has closely aligned herself with the activist organization Stand Up to Sexism, which was founded by the National Baseball Team after a visit to the Malifornia Charter Society during this spring's World Baseball Classic. Miss Nicholls has repeatedly accused Mr. Trudeau of sexism. Mr. Trudeau, for his part, has referred to Nicholls as "Scarlett the Harlot" and has accused her of abandoning her child. Nicholls, for her part, refuses to be "hot-shamed" and has asserted her right to "sleep with men that I think are hot".

Trudeau's popularity is due, in part, to his strong denunciations of former South Covellan President John Green. While South Covello denies that he had anything to do with Green's ouster, Trudeau remains insistent that he is responsible for the "Lord Almighty Gregory wannabe['s]" impeachment. Trudeau told News Magazine, "I'm the reason why [Green] is no longer the President of South Covello. I saved our Federation a war. Of course, it was a war we would have won easily but I don't want any Republican boys getting killed winning wars easily when we can be avoiding wars. We have problems at home that we need to fix and we damn sure don't need any warmongering scumbag who thinks he's God declaring war upon us! We need more good paying jobs for our young men and we need our young women to woman up, find a husband and get themselves in a kitchen! We need to get back to the good old days when men were men, when businesses treated their workers honorably and when women were women! Today, a plurality of the Republican People voted for my vision of a return to the days of the white picket fence. Today, a plurality of the Republican People voted for the Polite Society that only comes about when everybody is fulfilling their civic duty by carrying a firearm at all times! Today, a plurality of the Republican People voted for an end to sex and violence on television and a return to morally uplifting entertainment. Now, I ask those who voted for some other candidate to join me as I seek to restore the lost golden age of our grandparents!"

Scarlett Nicholls and Julian Norberg also declared victory tonight. Nicholls told News Magazine that, "Tonight, the Republican People have resoundingly rejected the sexism of Sebastian Trudeau and voted for a future where there will be no discrimination against anybody on the basis of their sex. Tonight, The Republican People chose to Stand Up to Sexism and embrace the Path of Light! But a greater battle lies ahead for us. The forces of darkness known as the Church of Saintland and their numerous fellow travelers are converging upon the Free Republics as they speak, plotting to snuff out our Light and deprive us of our right to pleasure! If we wish to continue being free, we must resist Sebastian Trudeau and all of his minions. He aims to enslave my sex, depriving us of our right to sleep with whomever we damn well please and depriving men of their right to casual sex with hot girls like me! But as I am the Light, I will shine brighter than ever and, with the help of the Republican People, I will overcome their darkness!"

Julian Norberg's statement was a bit more conventional than that of his main rivals. Norberg told News Magazine that, "We have reached the second round in a virtual tie for first place with our main rivals. I will continue to run a positive campaign focused on solutions to the problems that the Free Republics faces. I do not claim to be some Savior of the Light nor do I advocate some extreme transformation of our society. I merely wish to shrink our government, lower your taxes and expand freedom for all! I ask that you consider voting for me in the second round because I have the experience and the expertise to get things done."

Tsukihiko Fukuhara's advancement to the second round was a surprise. Fukuhara used his victory speech to call for a campaign to promote immigration, unilateral free trade, recognizing foreign intellectual property and harmonizing our laws with those of the World Assembly. It felt like a rerun of his Nessex Primary victory speech that got him ejected from the Radical Alliance.

In other news, the Assembly elections were held. The Radical Alliance placed first with 23.4% of the vote, followed by the Liberty Party at 22.9%. The two parties quickly announced the formation of a coalition with the Sexual Freedom List. Collectively, the three parties hold an absolute majority of the Assembly. An announcement quickly followed by Radical Alliance leader Abelino Greece would be the new Speaker of the Assembly, replacing Moderate Liberal Conservative leader Patricia Genovese whose party barely reached the threshold to remain in the Assembly. The Senate remains as divided as ever and would likely be the primary check on Nicholls or Norberg.

Many baseball fans were upset when FBC cut away from the Free Republics-Maklohi Vai baseball game last night in the middle of a Honomi Kamei inside the park home run to show Fukuhara's victory speech. The National Baseball Team has asked the WBC 44 organizers in Newmanistan to schedule future national team games so that they do not conflict with election returns. The Free Republics would go on to win this critical game 10-6 but few in the Free Republics saw it until the replay aired at 2 AM.

Matthew DeRose writes about the Federation Government. He is a graduate of the University of Republica with bachelors degrees in Journalism and Political Science. During his time in college, he interned with the Republica Post. Although the Post didn't have any openings for him upon his graduation, he had left an impression on their editor, who recommended him to Admiral Theriault.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Tenburg
Envoy

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tenburg » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:03 pm

Jack slugged back yet another beer, sitting quietly on his bed in his hotel room, watching highlights of Newmanistan's play from the last three games.

He crushed the can and tossed it aside, paying no mind to the clink of aluminum as it landed on the pile of beers before it. He picked up his phone and took to social media.

"No questions," he posted. "They're right back at it. #RocketPower #WBC44"

He put his phone down and kept watching.

His mind was blank. As blank as he could get it, anyway. He had managed, with the help of alcohol and tv, to forget his pain.

If only for a few hours at a time.
I offer only slanderous mockeries!

Tierra de Castro
Secretary

Founded: Sep 11, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Tierra de Castro » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:46 pm

Hector Chicote sat outside the bar dragging on a cigarette. The team had gotten off to an impressive enough start, knocking off the two highest ranked teams in the group on their way to a 2-1 record. Adan Carita had particularly impressed, hitting a home run in each game, including a walk-off winner in the bottom of the ninth against Alpine Union. Hector liked Adan a great deal, the young catcher was his team mate from domestic baseball, they both played for the Marineros. It was nice to see him do so well, he had a long career ahead of him and so far it looked like it was going to be a successful one, too.

They were enjoying a well-earned couple of beers following the victory over Nova Anglicana and the attention the entire team were drawing was crazy. Hector could hardly move inside for people coming up to him. He had been the country’s best pitcher for over ten years now, but this was something else. The adulation they received now that they were playing on a global stage was incredible, in some ways it was actually a little intimidating. Hector didn’t know if he liked it or not. If he had been a younger man, he perhaps would have, but he was advancing in age now and he wanted to play the sport purely for the glory – not for the off-field ‘benefits’ he could receive.

Hector had been starting pitcher for the Marineros since the start of Edgar Abasto’s reign as Head Coach and together the pair had won four National Championships. Now El Profesor was trusting El Zorro with the main starting role for the national team. It was an honour and Hector knew that he had to thank Abasto for a lot of things, he was the man behind the majority of his success, and he had trusted him when others wouldn’t.

He remembered the title game in the 29th season of Castrollano baseball, against Avispones – probably the Marineros’ greatest rivals over the period as they were the other consistently successful team – Hector had come off a bit of a bad run pitching, he had been struggling to find the strike zone and it felt like batters almost knew what he was going to do before he even threw a ball. El Profesor had told him not to worry about it and to keep at his normal game. “Look Hector, the strikes will come, just think about the next pitch… Just play your normal game.” And it worked, he pitched a perfect game in Game 4 of the National Championship to put the Marineros 3-1 up and needing only one more to secure the title. They eventually did just that.

Hector knew that he’d have to do the same with the younger pitchers in the national team. The group stage was long and arduous and there would be some games where the more established teams would just steamroll them. They had been here before and they were used to how quickly each game came around and rotating their pitchers and all the rest of it. If Tejedor or Snoopy Martinez got their heads down early, it could be a long tournament for the rest of the team. They needed each pitcher to be able to go out and play as best they could. An early blow to the morale of the younger ones could really throw them off course.

El Prof had had a quiet word with him, at a team meeting before the Classic began. He had told him that he would be the main man, the pitcher for the important games. But he had also said that he would have to be a mentor to the likes of Tejedor and Martinez. They were the future of the national team. El Prof had said that he didn’t like saying it but that Hector would only have this Classic and maybe one more in him, two at a push. Hector knew he was only telling the truth, but it had stung ever so slightly. But Coach had made an important point, Hector could do more than just pitch well, he could help the kids pitch well too. Not just for this Classic, but for the future.

He had never really thought of it before, but maybe that could be his career after baseball. Coaching baseball. He had thought that he would maybe open a bar or something, baseball stars were often given more leniency by local government for opening so-called ‘bourgeois entertainment venues’, not many ordinary citizens were allowed to do so at all. But perhaps that was what Coach was hinting at, perhaps he could finish his career playing baseball and then continue being involved in baseball. There would always be future generations of stars to coach and Hector knew his way around the game well enough to be able to help them.

He’d have to give it some thought.

Hector stubbed out his cigarette and took a sip of his beer, watching a few cars trundle by. He heard the door clink open behind him and turned his head slightly to see who was coming through it. Alfredo Tejedor, the young pitcher who played for 26 de Julio domestically, widely understood to be the future of Castrollano pitching. He was only 22 years of age, Hector would have already been a teenager when he was born. A lefty like me, though, Hector mused.

“How’s it going kid?” Hector asked, smiling at his younger counterpart warmly.

“Yeah, good man, it’s all a bit crazy in there isn’t it?” Alfredo replied, chuckling nervously. For him, he was meeting an idol here. Meeting many of his team mates had left him a bit star struck, despite the fact he had played against some of them for a season. Actually meeting them brought home exactly who they were.

“My thoughts exactly, that’s why I came out here.” Hector said, “Hey, kid, don’t tell El Prof I was smoking, yeah? He never has liked me doing that. Our secret, right?”

“Right.”

“Good man.” Hector said, turning his gaze to the street, a couple more old cars slowly rolled past as kids inside pressed their faces against the windows looking towards the bar where they knew the national team was, trying to catch a glimpse of their heroes.

“Hey, Hector, Coach just told me I’m going to be starting pitcher tomorrow.”

“Really?” Hector raised an eyebrow, well, the kid deserved it. He probably had more ability than the rest of them put together. It was just a case of unlocking all the potential. “Well, congratulations man. You’ve worked hard for that.” And so saying, Hector reached out his hand for Alfredo to shake. He did so quickly.

“I think I would have been more nervous had we not started so well.” Alfredo replied.

“Nerves are always a good thing my friend,” Hector said sagely, “Embrace them, it means you know that you’ve got something important ahead of you. You want it to go well, that’s why you’re nervous.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“Alfredo, I probably shouldn’t say this to you, but if you play well it could be a way out you know?”

“A ‘way out’? What do you mean?”

“Of all this,” Hector said, pointing around. “Out of communism, from under the Party’s jackboot, out of Tierra de Castro.”

“I… I don’t know if I’d want to be anywhere else, Hector.” Alfredo replied nervously, eyes darting around.

“Kid, they can’t hear us here you know.” Hector laughed. “Look, I don’t mean forever, but there’s leagues where you earn big, big money playing baseball in different parts of the world you know? I’m too old for all that, but you, well, you could really take advantage of it.”

“But what about my family and everything?” Alfredo asked, before his mouth dropped open and his eyes opened wide like saucers: “And what about 26 de Julio?! I can’t leave my team in the lurch!”

“Hahaha,” Hector laughed, “Your family could go with you and in all honesty Alfredo, I’d forget about 26 de Julio, you could improve your family’s lives for generations to come. You could earn money that nobody except El Presidente could ever earn in Tierra de Castro by playing the sport you love. Sounds like a dream to me.” Hector said as realisation dawned across Alfredo’s face.

“And they really have those leagues in other countries? Where you can earn that sort of money?”

“They sure do, kid.” Hector said before pausing for a moment. “So no pressure for the game tomorrow, right?” He added, laughing. Alfredo did too.

“Sure Hector,” Alfredo said, grinning. “No pressure.”

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:47 pm

Top 10 Reasons Why Cassadaigua Will Win World Baseball Classic 44:

1) It’s the 25th Classic anniversary of the last time we won it.
2) Not only that, we won it in Newmanistan.
3) Everyone knows Newmanistan is not a factor in things they host.
4) Newmanistan won the last one in Cassadaigua. They should be nice and return the favor.
5) Cortnie Nicholson wants a title. Badly.
6) We don’t have bears on our team.
7) Our teams are properly funded, unlike some nations.
8) We’re not confronted with daily issues.
9) There are no elections to discuss. Having a Queen rocks!
10) Super-Llamaland and Schiltzberg still seem to be sleeping.
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:02 pm

Matchday 4:
Group 1
Knessniet 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 3
Hicaña 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 X 5

Drawkland 0 1 4 0 0 1 0 0 2 8
The Greater Nordics 4 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 5

Notoria 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 3
Scootalove City 1 1 1 1 0 2 0 0 X 6

Group 1 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Scootalove City 4 4 0 22 9 +13 12
2 Knessniet 4 3 1 20 13 +7 9
3 Drawkland 4 2 2 24 23 +1 6
4 Hicaña 4 2 2 13 14 −1 6
5 Notoria 4 1 3 15 24 −9 3
6 The Greater Nordics 4 0 4 12 23 −11 0

Group 2
Melbergia 0 0 3 0 1 1 0 0 1 6
Cassadaigua 1 0 0 4 4 0 0 0 X 9

Gor Kebab 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 4
Suryak 1 5 1 0 0 1 0 0 X 8

Vangaziland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Equestrian States 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 X 2

Group 2 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Cassadaigua 4 4 0 31 13 +18 12
2 Equestrian States 4 3 1 17 15 +2 9
3 Vangaziland 4 2 2 11 11 0 6
4 Suryak 4 2 2 19 25 −6 6
5 Gor Kebab 4 1 3 18 25 −7 3
6 Melbergia 4 0 4 18 25 −7 0

Group 3
South Covello 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2
Shayla 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1

The Sherpa Empire 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Tenburg 2 0 2 0 0 0 2 0 X 6

Eraman 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 3
West Phoenicia 0 0 0 3 1 0 2 0 X 6

Group 3 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 West Phoenicia 4 3 1 34 18 +16 9
2 Tenburg 4 2 2 25 18 +7 6
3 South Covello 4 2 2 14 15 −1 6
4 Shayla 4 2 2 13 23 −10 6
5 The Sherpa Empire 4 2 2 11 22 −11 6
6 Eraman 4 1 3 17 18 −1 3

Group 4
Tjorl 0 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 5
Lisander 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2

Ethane 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 3 1 6
Dharoka 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 4

Northwest Kalactin 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 3
Newmanistan 0 0 6 0 3 3 0 1 X 13

Group 4 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Newmanistan 4 4 0 30 6 +24 12
2 Tjorl 4 3 1 15 10 +5 9
3 Ethane 4 2 2 13 10 +3 6
4 Dharoka 4 2 2 16 22 −6 6
5 Lisander 4 1 3 9 17 −8 3
6 Northwest Kalactin 4 0 4 7 25 −18 0

Group 5
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 2
Tierra de Castro 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Loshos 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 2
Nova Anglicana 2 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 X 4

Alpine Union 1 0 0 1 2 1 0 0 0 5
Beepee 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 2 6

Group 5 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Nova Anglicana 4 3 1 17 8 +9 9
2 Beepee 4 3 1 19 17 +2 9
3 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 4 3 1 9 8 +1 9
4 Tierra de Castro 4 2 2 11 13 −2 6
5 Alpine Union 4 1 3 21 15 +6 3
6 Loshos 4 0 4 5 21 −16 0

Group 6
Titaniumland 0 1 0 0 1 1 2 0 0 5
Saint Agnesia 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 2

Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 4
Liventia 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 3

Fungsland 0 0 1 0 1 0 2 0 0 4
Free Republics 5 1 0 2 0 1 1 0 X 10

Group 6 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Free Republics 4 3 1 29 18 +11 9
2 Maklohi Vai 4 3 1 24 18 +6 9
3 Liventia 4 2 2 20 17 +3 6
4 Titaniumland 4 2 2 20 27 −7 6
5 Fungsland 4 1 3 17 23 −6 3
6 Saint Agnesia 4 1 3 15 22 −7 3

Group 7
Wuriya 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 3
Lycrabon 0 0 0 2 3 0 0 0 X 5

New Sportland 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 3
Super-Llamaland 1 1 0 0 2 0 3 1 X 8

Hampton Island 0 0 1 0 0 3 0 0 0 4
Oscioru 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3

Group 7 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Super-Llamaland 4 4 0 26 13 +13 12
2 Hampton Island 4 4 0 19 10 +9 12
3 Lycrabon 4 2 2 20 16 +4 6
4 Wuriya 4 1 3 17 23 −6 3
5 Oscioru 4 1 3 9 17 −8 3
6 New Sportland 4 0 4 10 22 −12 0

Group 8
People Who Have Issues 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 1 0 4
St Saratoga 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 2

Ko-oren 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2
Schiltzberg 0 9 0 0 1 0 0 0 X 10

Anthor 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 1 4
Ranoria 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 3

Group 8 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Schiltzberg 4 3 1 19 11 +8 9
2 People Who Have Issues 4 3 1 13 10 +3 9
3 St Saratoga 4 2 2 19 19 0 6
4 Ko-oren 4 2 2 17 20 −3 6
5 Ranoria 4 1 3 17 20 −3 3
6 Anthor 4 1 3 18 23 −5 3

Group 9
Cosumar 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
Saintland 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

Banija 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 3
Aureumterra 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Abanhfleft 0 1 0 0 0 3 1 1 0 6
Filindostan 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 3 7

Group 9 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Cosumar 4 3 1 27 13 +14 9
2 Banija 4 3 1 20 7 +13 9
3 Abanhfleft 4 2 2 18 15 +3 6
4 Saintland 4 2 2 16 16 0 6
5 Filindostan 4 2 2 14 22 −8 6
6 Aureumterra 4 0 4 5 27 −22 0

Matchday 5:
Group 1
Scootalove City 3 0 3 1 0 0 0 0 1 8
Knessniet 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 1 4

The Greater Nordics 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 3
Notoria 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 2

Hicaña 2 0 0 0 0 6 1 0 0 9
Drawkland 0 1 0 1 2 1 2 1 0 8

1 Scootalove City 5 5 0 30 13 +17 15
2 Knessniet 5 3 2 24 21 +3 9
3 Hicaña 5 3 2 22 22 0 9
4 Drawkland 5 2 3 32 32 0 6
5 Notoria 5 1 4 17 27 −10 3
6 The Greater Nordics 5 1 4 15 25 −10 3

Group 2
Equestrian States 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2
Melbergia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3

Suryak 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 4
Vangaziland 0 0 2 0 3 0 0 0 X 5

Cassadaigua 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2
Gor Kebab 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

1 Cassadaigua 5 5 0 33 13 +20 15
2 Equestrian States 5 3 2 19 18 +1 9
3 Vangaziland 5 3 2 16 15 +1 9
4 Suryak 5 2 3 23 30 −7 6
5 Melbergia 5 1 4 21 27 −6 3
6 Gor Kebab 5 1 4 18 27 −9 3

Group 3
West Phoenicia 2 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 7
South Covello 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 5

Tenburg 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 3
Eraman 0 1 0 3 2 0 0 0 X 6

Shayla 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 3
The Sherpa Empire 0 1 0 1 2 0 1 1 X 6

1 West Phoenicia 5 4 1 41 23 +18 12
2 The Sherpa Empire 5 3 2 17 25 −8 9
3 Tenburg 5 2 3 28 24 +4 6
4 Eraman 5 2 3 23 21 +2 6
5 South Covello 5 2 3 19 22 −3 6
6 Shayla 5 2 3 16 29 −13 6

Group 4
Newmanistan 1 3 0 2 0 0 0 2 2 10
Tjorl 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 2

Dharoka 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 3
Northwest Kalactin 0 0 0 0 5 1 0 0 X 6

Lisander 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 2
Ethane 4 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 X 6

1 Newmanistan 5 5 0 40 8 +32 15
2 Ethane 5 3 2 19 12 +7 9
3 Tjorl 5 3 2 17 20 −3 9
4 Dharoka 5 2 3 19 28 −9 6
5 Lisander 5 1 4 11 23 −12 3
6 Northwest Kalactin 5 1 4 13 28 −15 3

Group 5
Beepee 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 4

Nova Anglicana 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 4
Alpine Union 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 6 X 9

Tierra de Castro 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 0 4
Loshos 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

1 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 5 4 1 13 11 +2 12
2 Nova Anglicana 5 3 2 21 17 +4 9
3 Beepee 5 3 2 22 21 +1 9
4 Tierra de Castro 5 3 2 15 14 +1 9
5 Alpine Union 5 2 3 30 19 +11 6
6 Loshos 5 0 5 6 25 −19 0

Group 6
Free Republics 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2
Titaniumland 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3 X 4

Liventia 0 0 0 0 0 5 0 2 0 7
Fungsland 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

Saint Agnesia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2
Maklohi Vai 0 0 1 1 3 0 3 0 X 8

1 Maklohi Vai 5 4 1 32 20 +12 12
2 Free Republics 5 3 2 31 22 +9 9
3 Liventia 5 3 2 27 19 +8 9
4 Titaniumland 5 3 2 24 29 −5 9
5 Fungsland 5 1 4 19 30 −11 3
6 Saint Agnesia 5 1 4 17 30 −13 3

Group 7
Oscioru 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 3
Wuriya 0 0 4 1 0 0 0 0 X 5

Super-Llamaland 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
Hampton Island 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 X 3

Lycrabon 3 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2 7
New Sportland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

1 Hampton Island 5 5 0 22 11 +11 15
2 Super-Llamaland 5 4 1 27 16 +11 12
3 Lycrabon 5 3 2 27 16 +11 9
4 Wuriya 5 2 3 22 26 −4 6
5 Oscioru 5 1 4 12 22 −10 3
6 New Sportland 5 0 5 10 29 −19 0

Group 8
Ranoria 4 0 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 7
People Who Have Issues 1 0 3 1 1 0 0 0 2 8

Schiltzberg 3 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 4
Anthor 0 4 0 0 1 0 1 0 X 6

St Saratoga 0 3 0 0 4 0 0 0 2 9
Ko-oren 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1

1 People Who Have Issues 5 4 1 21 17 +4 12
2 St Saratoga 5 3 2 28 20 +8 9
3 Schiltzberg 5 3 2 23 17 +6 9
4 Anthor 5 2 3 24 27 −3 6
5 Ko-oren 5 2 3 18 29 −11 6
6 Ranoria 5 1 4 24 28 −4 3

Group 9
Filindostan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Cosumar 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 X 5

Aureumterra 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 2
Abanhfleft 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 4 X 7

Saintland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Banija 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 X 3

1 Cosumar 5 4 1 32 13 +19 12
2 Banija 5 4 1 23 7 +16 12
3 Abanhfleft 5 3 2 25 17 +8 9
4 Saintland 5 2 3 16 19 −3 6
5 Filindostan 5 2 3 14 27 −13 6
6 Aureumterra 5 0 5 7 34 −27 0

Matchday 6:
Group 1
Knessniet 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 2
Drawkland 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 X 4

Hicaña 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1
Notoria 1 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 X 4

The Greater Nordics 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 2
Scootalove City 2 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 X 5

1 Scootalove City 6 6 0 35 15 +20 18
2 Drawkland 6 3 3 36 34 +2 9
3 Knessniet 6 3 3 26 25 +1 9
4 Hicaña 6 3 3 23 26 −3 9
5 Notoria 6 2 4 21 28 −7 6
6 The Greater Nordics 6 1 5 17 30 −13 3

Group 2
Melbergia 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 4
Gor Kebab 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 3

Cassadaigua 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 2 2 7
Vangaziland 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

Suryak 0 0 0 1 2 1 0 0 0 4
Equestrian States 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 3

1 Cassadaigua 6 6 0 40 14 +26 18
2 Equestrian States 6 3 3 22 22 0 9
3 Vangaziland 6 3 3 17 22 −5 9
4 Suryak 6 3 3 27 33 −6 9
5 Melbergia 6 2 4 25 30 −5 6
6 Gor Kebab 6 1 5 21 31 −10 3

Group 3
South Covello 0 4 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 7
The Sherpa Empire 0 0 0 0 3 0 2 0 1 6

Shayla 0 1 2 0 2 0 1 0 0 6
Eraman 0 0 6 1 3 0 0 0 X 10

Tenburg 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 4
West Phoenicia 1 0 3 0 2 0 0 0 X 6

1 West Phoenicia 6 5 1 47 27 +20 15
2 Eraman 6 3 3 33 27 +6 9
3 South Covello 6 3 3 26 28 −2 9
4 The Sherpa Empire 6 3 3 23 32 −9 9
5 Tenburg 6 2 4 32 30 +2 6
6 Shayla 6 2 4 22 39 −17 6

Group 4
Tjorl 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Ethane 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 X 2

Lisander 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 2 1 7
Northwest Kalactin 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Dharoka 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 6 2 10
Newmanistan 1 3 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 7

1 Newmanistan 6 5 1 47 18 +29 15
2 Ethane 6 4 2 21 13 +8 12
3 Tjorl 6 3 3 18 22 −4 9
4 Dharoka 6 3 3 29 35 −6 9
5 Lisander 6 2 4 18 24 −6 6
6 Northwest Kalactin 6 1 5 14 35 −21 3

Group 5
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 4 0 0 0 0 2 0 6 0 12
Loshos 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 4

Tierra de Castro 0 0 0 2 2 0 1 0 2 7
Alpine Union 0 0 1 0 0 4 0 1 2 8

Nova Anglicana 1 3 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 6
Beepee 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 2

1 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 6 5 1 25 15 +10 15
2 Nova Anglicana 6 4 2 27 19 +8 12
3 Alpine Union 6 3 3 38 26 +12 9
4 Tierra de Castro 6 3 3 22 22 0 9
5 Beepee 6 3 3 24 27 −3 9
6 Loshos 6 0 6 10 37 −27 0

Group 6
Titaniumland 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2 X 4

Saint Agnesia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2
Fungsland 0 0 0 0 0 3 1 0 X 4

Liventia 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 2
Free Republics 0 0 7 0 2 0 0 0 X 9

1 Maklohi Vai 6 5 1 36 21 +15 15
2 Free Republics 6 4 2 40 24 +16 12
3 Liventia 6 3 3 29 28 +1 9
4 Titaniumland 6 3 3 25 33 −8 9
5 Fungsland 6 2 4 23 32 −9 6
6 Saint Agnesia 6 1 5 19 34 −15 3

Group 7
Wuriya 2 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 5
New Sportland 0 0 0 0 0 8 2 0 X 10

Lycrabon 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 4
Hampton Island 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 3 X 5

Super-Llamaland 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 1 4
Oscioru 1 0 2 1 0 1 0 1 X 6

1 Hampton Island 6 6 0 27 15 +12 18
2 Super-Llamaland 6 4 2 31 22 +9 12
3 Lycrabon 6 3 3 31 21 +10 9
4 Oscioru 6 2 4 18 26 −8 6
5 Wuriya 6 2 4 27 36 −9 6
6 New Sportland 6 1 5 20 34 −14 3

Group 8
People Who Have Issues 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 8 10
Ko-oren 0 5 0 2 0 1 3 0 X 11

St Saratoga 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 3
Anthor 2 0 2 0 0 3 0 1 X 8

Schiltzberg 0 0 2 1 0 0 1 0 3 7
Ranoria 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 3

1 Schiltzberg 6 4 2 30 20 +10 12
2 People Who Have Issues 6 4 2 31 28 +3 12
3 St Saratoga 6 3 3 31 28 +3 9
4 Anthor 6 3 3 32 30 +2 9
5 Ko-oren 6 3 3 29 39 −10 9
6 Ranoria 6 1 5 27 35 −8 3

Group 9
Cosumar 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 2
Banija 0 0 1 0 0 1 2 0 X 4

Abanhfleft 2 0 1 5 0 1 1 0 X 10

Aureumterra 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 4
Filindostan 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3

1 Banija 6 5 1 27 9 +18 15
2 Abanhfleft 6 4 2 35 17 +18 12
3 Cosumar 6 4 2 34 17 +17 12
4 Saintland 6 2 4 16 29 −13 6
5 Filindostan 6 2 4 17 31 −14 6
6 Aureumterra 6 1 5 11 37 −26 3
Last edited by Newmanistan on Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

People Who Have Issues
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby People Who Have Issues » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:33 pm

A new issue confronts @@NAME@@

Got Issues?
VOL. 32 NO. 4898

The Issue

Many People Who Have Issues feel that a recent Cassadagan press release entitled "Top 10 Reasons Why Cassadaigua Will Win World Baseball Classic 44" was insulting to @@NAME@@.

The Debate

"We've tolerated Cassadaigua and their backward morally perverted culture long enough!" blurts out noted misogynist author Otto Schopenhauer. "This is what happens when women are allowed to say whatever they want and men abdicate their responsibility to keep them in line. Enough is enough! Let's invade Cassadaigua and show them what's what!"

"No, please, war isn't the answer," says General Flowers, a pacifist who has made some unusual career choices. "It says in this press release that Cassadaigua isn't confronted with daily issues. Maybe if we study their culture and their political systems we can learn how they do it."

"Do we really need to politicize this?" asks dentist and baseball afficionado Dr. Edwin Namel. "The best way to shut up those Cassadagans is to win the Classic ourselves! Everyone should be allowed to take the day off work so we can go to the ballpark and cheer on the @@ANIMALPLURAL@@! If that doesn't get them fired up to win, I don't know what will. And everyone needs to wear their lucky underwear! Every game!"

"But, like, we're not even in the same group as Cassadaigua," says Bertina Chaswick, a self-described party girl who somehow wound up on the roster of the national baseball team, possibly because her name was drawn out of a hat by a lazy general manager. "Maybe we should just stop reading their stuff if everybody's going to get worked up about it, like don't even bring it into @@NAME@@."

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:48 pm

With the Confederate Kingdom of West Phoenicia now fully transformed into an empire, a trial season of the Empire Baseball League will commence from the next season.

It will begin in the off season so as not to conflict with the West Phoenician National Baseball League.

The following is a draft of a 13 team Empire Baseball League.

1. West Phoenicia Greycoats
2 Protectorate of Independent Phoenicia Hawks
3.Absolute Monarchy of Ptolemaic Islands Monarchs
4. Theocracy of Annixe Christos Crosses
5. Unicorn Isles Giants
6. Duchy of South Phoenicia Blue Cats
7. Kingdom of Debney Bay Fins
8. Theocracy of Ardon Destroyers
9. Kingdom of Greater Phillistia Warriors
10. Democratic Kingdom of Antebelluma Golden Bells
11. People's Democratic Republics of Hellenestica Locuts
12.Duchy of Neo-Mythical Districts Icebergs
13. White Rose Confederation Roses

Each team will play eacb other nations 5 times, before moving into the quarterfinals, semifinals and grand final which will be the best of 5 games.

If successful and profitable other sporting leagues may slowly start to adapt similar Leagues across the Empire.

Minister of Sports and Recreation, Hon Maximillan Dogg has petitioned and be granted a temporary new ministry portfolio entitled Minister of Empire Sports, it has been assigned to Hon. Jill Alaa to oversee with reporting back to the Minister of Sports and Recreation for review before passing onto the Prime Minister. If the league is a success the new ministry will become a permanent role which will focus on growing other leagues.

In other baseball news West Phoenicia has confirmed that Glenton Gryphon-Bush II stadium will host all home games during this season. It holds a great number of fans while allowing for West Phoenician theatrics which they are famous for.

The Imperial royal family of Gryphon-Bush of Emperor Glenton Gryphon-Bush II and his three wives will be in attendance during the home game against The Sherpa Empire to meet and greet with any Sherpa Empire royal or dignitary that will be in attendance.
Last edited by West Phoenicia on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:18 am

----o-֎-o----

‭The Sherpa national team's bats snoozed through their game in Tenburg, despite Rajinder Singh's best efforts to wake them up by banging them on locker doors in the clubhouse. (He was a bit superstitious and eccentric.)

‭"Have you tried talking to them?" Debashish Morrison asked. He knew a few people that talked to inanimate objects -- some just musing to themselves, others that had whole conversations.

‭Singh looked confused. "They can't hear me if I don't wake them up first."

Thepgumpanat's pitching was unexceptional, but it didn't matter anyway since the Sherpas got shut out.

As they walked off the field, Singh theorized that Luochong Zhuang had lulled the bat-spirits into a deep sleep by talking about the mating habits of fruit flies for the entire duration of the flight to Tenburg. "You have to stop being so boring," he told Zhuang.

Then it was back to the Empire for a homestand in Darjeeling.

Zhuang spent the entire flight blathering about termite mounds, and Singh was convinced that he'd lulled the bats to sleep again. "Oh, they just need some caffeine," Morrison joked, but Singh took him seriously and rinsed everyone's bats with black tea before the game.

The Sherpas beat Shayla 6 to 3 and Singh was convinced that the tea had worked.

The second game of the homestand, he rinsed the bats with tea again, and they scored 6 runs again, but unfortunately South Covello scored 7.

----o-֎-o----

‭Tshering was reading up about West Phoenicia so he could put together a list of travel tips for the national baseball team and their fans. He found himself increasingly convinced that the Sherpa Empire should not be entering international tournaments where they had little to no say in where their teams were sent to play. South Covello and Eraman had given him pause too. He wasn't sure how fully South Covello had moved beyond its Gregist past, or how stable it was. The Eramanians seemed like decent folk, not so different from the people who lived in the South of the Sherpa Empire, but they didn't seem to be terribly organized, and he wondered if their security people were competent and professional enough to keep the country safe.

‭But then the Sherpa Empire wasn't the safest and most orderly place on the planet either. They had protests at major sporting events every year, and the Taliban had been wreaking havoc along the western border. There were even rumors that the Imperial military was preparing to occupy Kabul so the Taliban couldn't escape justice by fleeing across the border. It had been a long time since the last expansionist war, and Tshering wasn't sure how to feel about the rumors. Yes, the Taliban had to be stopped, but did the Empire really need to conquer more land and bring more Muslims under their rule? They already had enough land and more than enough Muslims. No, that wasn't fair, Tshering mentally corrected himself. Muslims were people too, and he shouldn't judge them by their religion.

‭In any case, the Sherpa Empire had its share of problems, and plenty of international sports teams from other countries still came there to compete. Usually they didn't complain. Maybe they got annoyed with little things, like being overcharged for taxi fares or accidentally ordering sea cucumber when they thought they were getting pork, but nobody had pitched a fit and refused to show up.

‭But West Phoenicia wasn't just messy. It was... creepy.

‭Their Capital Punishment Act 2016 sounded horrifying. The death penalty for heresy?

‭The Sherpa Empire had the death penalty, and it had an official religion, but the idea of executing people for heresy was still unthinkable.

‭And their social stratification sounded hellish...

‭There was a great deal of debate and consternation about social stratification in the Sherpa Empire. Tshering sometimes felt guilty that he could live a life of wealth and luxury while other people struggled to put rice and cabbage on the table for their children, only because he had been born into the right family and they hadn't.

‭And yet, West Phoenicia made the Sherpa Empire look like a communist workers' paradise by comparison. Their aristocracy sounded insufferably snobbish even to Tshering who had grown up among the nobility, and their "Volunteer Labor" system offended his sensibilities.

‭The practice of ‭burning rap albums seemed eerily reminiscent of Nazi book-burnings.

‭Tshering mentioned his misgivings to Zora Shafi, but she brushed him off. "You're not the one that's going to be going there," she said with a shrug. "There are lots of weird countries out there, and these competitions are a good chance for people to set their differences aside and spread good will. It's not really the time to be fussing because you don't like their politics."

‭"Different cultures are one thing, but these people are evil," Tshering persisted. "Have you heard their anti-abortion rhetoric in the World Assembly? It's completely unhinged. You'd think they've never heard of reincarnation, and they still think they have the moral authority to execute people for 'heresy'."

‭"Tshering, we're not sending our people to debate abortion."

‭"It's not a matter of settling the abortion debate," said Tshering. "It's a matter of safety. I don't trust these people and we shouldn't be sending our country's best athletes to play in countries like this."

‭"West Phoenicia has competed in how many World Baseball Classics now?" Zora asked.

‭Tshering didn't know off the top of his head, and he didn't have a good rebuttal to her underlying point. He dropped the subject and returned to his own office. He made himself a cup of jasmine tea and sipped it thoughtfully, staring out the window at the rooftops and the snow-capped mountain peaks. He tried to get back to work, but he still didn't feel right.

‭He went to talk to his boss.

‭Xue Gong looked up from his computer when Tshering appeared at his door, then bowed his head slightly when he saw who it was. "What can I do for you, my Lord?"

‭Tshering explained his concerns, and Xue Gong listened patiently. He looked annoyed, but Tshering wasn't sure if he was annoyed about having his time wasted or if he was annoyed that there was a legitimate problem he would need to address.

‭"I really wish we hadn't been put in a group with West Phoenicia," Gong said. "I was actually going to talk to you about it, but then you came to talk to me first. Have you heard that Empress ‬Cleopatra-Olympias is planning to go to all their games?"

"Yes, so I heard," said Tshering.

"It's going to be a security nightmare," said Gong.

"At least they aren't scheduled to play at Jinnah or Jaipur," said Tshering.

"Yeah, that's the good news," said Gong. "But Chokpori Stadium and Mandarin Park are no place for foreign royalty either. Even Syangboche... Can you imagine the PR disaster if she keeled over with altitude sickness?"

"Chokpori's high-altitude too," Tshering pointed out.

Gong waved that away. "It's the same as here. If she was okay when she was here, she'll be fine there too. And I already told the Dalai Lama that he needs to play host, but I'm worried about Tibetan separatists. They've been pretty quiet this year, but it's a perfect opportunity for them if they want to stir up trouble."

He sighed.

"We really did get bad luck in the group draw this year. And I don't just mean politically. We're going to have a tough fight to make it to the playoffs too. There are a lot of different kinds of countries in the multiverse and some of them aren't very nice, but we can't withdraw from the world and give up on international competition just because we got matched up against one that we don't like. We have to make the best of it."

"You can be executed for heresy," Tshering said.

"So warn our players not to talk about religion when they play in West Phoenicia," said Gong. "And make sure you emphasize that point. It's important."

----o-֎-o----

(OOC: If anything my characters said does not reflect the current state of affairs in other nations, then they got it from out of date sources or they misinterpreted something they read, and the Sherpa Ministry of Culture is misinformed. I tried to make it reasonably accurate, though.)
Last edited by The Sherpa Empire on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Beepee
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Beepee » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:39 am

The secret diary of Homer Unn, aged 50 and three quarters

1st October 2018.
International day of older persons.

Match day 4
Alpine Union l. Beepee 5 - 6

Match day 5
Beepee l. Royal Kingdom of Quebec 3 - 4

Match day 6
Nova Anglicana d. Beepee 6 - 2

Disaster! Following today's matches I decided to open the packet of cigarettes. I managed to smoke all but 2 of them. Mother will not be pleased. I have therefore failed on resolution 10. I blame mother, I'm sure she smoked when I was in the womb. Why else would I crave cigarettes so much.

The three matches today were out most difficult of the campaign and I was surprised we managed even one win. I did however graciously accept defeat in the other two games.

After the matches I arrived home to find my small apartment had been broken into. I have therefore decided to get myself a dog for protection.

The policeman who came to my apartment said I was probably robbed because they knew I was at the game. I blame mother, she could have come over and looked after the unit in my absence.

I offered the policeman a cup of tea and managed to spill some on his jacket. I got a towel to help wipe it up. Unfortunately, the towel had some jam on it from when I had wiped a knife earlier. The policeman jacket was ruined. I don't think he was happy when he left.
Last edited by Beepee on Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:06 am

Vannish Slip Past Suryak

Vangaziland entered the match against Suryak coming off of a tough loss. Once again, Vangaziland managed to keep one of the world's better teams to a low score. Nate Henli would have to settle the season for a loss on his pitching record. The starter made it to the seventh inning, when he gave up his second run. Henli gave up one run in the fourth.

"I thought I got control back", Henli said postgame. "Thing is, all it takes is one run."

Juan Secada came in and closed the game out from late in the seventh inning. The long reliever didn't give up any runs, but did get into some close calls. Luckily, timely late game fielding kept the score close.

"A team like Equestrian States is capable of putting up twelve runs", said Vannish coach Don Haverly. "It's great that we can stay right up there with them. Maybe as the season wears on we can find some ground."

Vangaziland entered the match against Suryak needing a big win to help the Royals' points differential. Jamaal Edlund is seen as a starting pitcher with promise. The 22 year old is set to pitch for Vangaziland far into the future.

Edlund gave up 2 runs early in the top of the second. The truth was that Suryak's hitting had been getting to him all day. He barely escaped the first inning without giving up points.

Vangaziland went scoreless in the bottom of the second, but answered in the third. Edlund seemed to regain the upper hand over Suryak and pitched a fairly clean inning. The pitcher had managed a few strikeouts in the early game, though not a spectacular amount.

Vangaziland stretched the third into a long inning for Suryak. Sren was on second with one out. Endo hit a deep fly, which gave the runner enough time to advance to third after the catch. The runner had to chase the ball down and turn to throw it. This gave Sren just enough time to chance the run. It was definitely a risk, but Endo got the sacrifice fly.

This set the stage for pitcher Jamaal Edlund. Two outs and a runner on third. The first pitch was a swing and a miss. It suddenly wasn't funny, this game of striking batters out. Not when Edlund was at the plate. He stepped back, put one hand on his helmet, took one step forward, dug in his foot, took another step forward, dug in the other foot and then rotated the bat in his wrists.

A line drive flew off the pitcher's bat down the left side. It arched upwards before landing and bouncing off the field. Vangaziland's first run scored. This led to a hot streak of Vannish hits. Eventually, Pat Evenson drove Edlund home with a double. The play moved Hernandez from first to third. The third baseman had just made a big hit. The inning ended when Braden Okogan struck out swinging on the next set. The score was 2-2.

Vangaziland scored again in the bottom of the fifth inning. Endo was on 2nd base. Hernandez was on first. Evenson was back up after Vangaziland went 0 for 3 in the 4th.The third baseman fouled off the first pitch. He sent the second one, just barely over the center field wall. It was low enough to encourage the center fielder to leap for it. The three run shot would be the only Vannish homerun of the second three game stretch.

From that point on, Vangaziland's batters would struggle to get on base. Evenson would hit into a double play in a big situation during his last at bat.

Khris Olaf came in for Jamaal Edlund. He pitched from the 7th and 8th scoreless. Vangaziland decided to bring in their touted closer to hopefully finish things off. Unfortunately, Manny Mathissen gave up a 2 run homerun. It was an ugly hit that would mar Manny's usually sharp ERA. He still earned the Save.

"It didn't feel good to give up that homer", Mathissen said after the match. "I'm just glad we were able to close things out for the close win. We're the kind of team that will end up in close games. It's my job to help us walk away with them."

The game brought the Royals to 3-2 heading into a home game against Cassadaigua. The game turned out to be an ugly one for the Vangazi. The only time they troubled the ladies in black and pink was in the fifth inning. After getting the bases loaded, Vangaziland could only settle for one run batted in.

Pete Kelderssen hit a cutting ball which shot low over the grass just to bounce over the fielder after impacting. It had enough speed to roll far enough from the infield. The fielder who got to the ball made a timely throw to stop two runs from getting through. The ladies had been on point in the Vannish turf, litterally thieving runs all day.

"You win some, you loose some, and then you have games like this", said starting pitcher Del Bjornberg. Vannish pitching struggled throughout the game with their worst outing yet. Del gave up 1 run in the second inning and 2 runs in the third inning before he was pulled out.

"I feel like I could have kept going", Del said. "But we have to trust the bullpen."

The team from Cassadaigua quickly figured out Daniel Cortez, who came in late in the seventh. Cortez had to be swapped out in the eighth inning after giving up 2 runs. He didn't look comfortable on the mound after being dominated by the batters in pink. Thris brought Khris Olaf in. Olaf finished the 8th, but gave up 2 runs almost as soon as the 9th started.

"The Cassadaigua Conundrum is in full effect", said controversial talk show host Chip Maydress. "I don't think Bjornberg can handle the ladies from overseas." The show 'Last Minute' dug up clips of Del appearing nervous when facing up against batters in his latest game.

"Blasphemous", said his cohost Deter J. Piff. "Bjornberg only gave up three runs. This is a batting problem right now." He adjusted his tailored suit. "And maybe a fielding problem. Possibly the relievers.But not Del Bjornberg. Don't you slander that man!"

Don Haverly spoke on guiding his team into the future. "We can still come back from this. It's early in this long season. We know what we have to do. Let's see how our gameplan works out."

Vangaziland will face Gor Kebab, Melbergia and Equestrian States in the next stretch. The Royals will look to differentiate themselves from Melbergia who beat Equestrian States 3-2. Melbergia also put up 6 runs against Cassadaigua.

"We're looking forward to the game against Melbergia", Pete Kelderssen said in a TV interview between games.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:08 am

Membership numbers paint bleak picture for baseball

After the conclusion of all finals just after summer, we can look back on another great season of domestic sports in Ko-oren. Overall, membership and attendance numbers were up a few percent - more than the 'natural' increase from population growth. This is the moment where our seven largest sports are compared and how associations change their formats, salary caps, team structures, etcetera. First, a short write-up of how these sports enjoyed their most recent season.

For those from overseas, it might be handy to have a small definition of the terms used. A salary cap shouldn't be too foreign, but there are two terms that might throw you off. The first one is roster size, the second is membership. At first, 'roster size' isn't a weird one: it refers to the amount of players that are on the team. But different leagues use different definitions: is a player that is injured and unable to play still part of the roster? May all players on the roster be used in a game, or is there a difference between those on the field, those on the bench, and those that aren't even on the bench? In Ko-oren, roster size refers to the total amount of players that are employed by the team, including those on the bench, but excluding injured players. In baseball, for instance, the roster size is 36. Of those 36, only 24 may play in a game, and any injured players may be replaced by healthy ones from the development team.

Membership refers to the amount of fans that have officially registered with the club or the assocation as being a fan of a certain club. This number is used to gauge the popularity of a team regardless of attendance. Membership of a team costs between 50 and 75 per person per year. This way, the membership numbers are roughly comparable between sports, markets and teams. The money raised from memberships is invested in local (amateur) sports and club functions.

Oh, and number of matches refers to the amount of games played as part of the top league, including playoffs and finals.

Association football
Number of matches: 192
Average attendance (total attendance): 22,308 (4,283,136)
Salary cap (average salary): 4,8M (200,000)
Roster size: 24
Average membership: 28,045

Gridiron football
Number of matches: 99
Average attendance (total attendance): 34,841 (3,449,259)
Salary cap (average salary): 9,0M (150,000)
Roster size: 60
Average membership: 42,220

Rugby league
Number of matches: 132
Average attendance (total attendance): 16,033 (2,116,356)
Salary cap (average salary): 4,5M (160,714)
Roster size: 28
Average membership: 19,954

Rugby union
Number of matches: 132
Average attendance (total attendance): 15,695 (2,071,740)
Salary cap (average salary): 4,0M (133,333)
Roster size: 30
Average membership: 20,305

Cricket
Number of matches: 15+30+66=111
Average attendance (total attendance): 17,558 (1,948,938)
Salary cap (average salary): 3,0M (150,000)
Roster size: 20
Average membership: 22,849

Baseball
Number of matches: 792
Average attendance (total attendance): 10,405 (8,240,760)
Salary cap (average salary): 4,3M (119,444)
Roster size: 36
Average membership: 11,782

Ko-orenite football
Number of matches: 66+66+36=168
Average attendance (total attendance): 26,309 (4,419,912)
Salary cap (average salary): 2,2M (110,000)
Roster size: 20
Average membership: 55,684

From this, we can see the following:
- Gridiron has the highest salary cap, but also by far the largest rosters. Combined with the average attendance, the gridiron league is a system that gives out a lot of money, but also brings a lot in. They also have the second highest average membership size, which means that this league is extremely healthy, but always has a very large sum of money flowing out.

- Soccer is the highest paying sport, having the second-highest salary cap and the third-smallest roster size. Then again, they fill stadiums regularly.

- Rugby league and union have, as always, nearly the same numbers: league pays a little more, union has more members, league brings slightly more people to the stadium. Union has scheduled their CBA talks for the end of this year, so the new deal might just see them overtake league.

- Ko-orenite football is a weird one: their traditionalism gives them the highest average membership, the second-highest average attendance but pays their players less than the rest. In that sense, the sport has some growing up to do. Unfortunately for them, the rest of the world does not play the sport and that complicates the CBA talks somewhat. Demand is massive in Ko-oren, but non-existant anywhere else.

- Cricket is on the rise, and has seen by far the highest rise in average membership. They already don't pay badly, but either the number of teams increases and the salary stabilises, or the salary increases. It is hard to tell, given the vast differences between the codes.

- Baseball, lastly, is looking at a poor year. Uncertainty about teams moving into the great unknown that is anything but southeastern Ko-oren means plummeting membership numbers. Average attendance is bad, but consider the amount of games played - you simply cannot sell out every game, especially if some games start, say, Tuesday at 4-5 pm. Baseball remains king in total attendance, but it would be a massive problem if it weren't.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:26 pm

National Baseball League wrestles with designated hitter decision
OREAN— Even as Liventia's national baseball team stutter in the World Baseball Classic, a long-running debate refuses to die down back home.

The Red-and-Gold are 3–3 to start the 44th Classic and their second tournament since returning to the international fold, and already look in trouble of missing the playoffs.

But in Orean, where the team plays half their home games at the 38,000-capacity Capital Grounds, the National Baseball League, the more senior of the two conferences that make up the Liventian Baseball Championship is wrestling with a proposal to introduce the designated hitter to its games.

That would bring the NBL in line with the LBC's other conference, the Challenge League, and mean pitchers hitting would become obsolete. It would also have the knock-on effect of ensuring all games played in Liventia, including at the international level, use the designated hitter.

Liventia are 1–1 to date in this tournament at the Capital Grounds playing without the DH, defeating Free Republics on opening day before falling to Maklohi Vai in extra innings on matchday four, when relief pitcher Gary Hale was forced to bat in the 12th inning due to a lack of available pinch hitters.

Opinion is split within the NBL's rules committee, which is also considering reducing the number of wildcards offered from five to just one. The CBL currently has no plans to change its playoff structure.

It is thought no decision will be reached on introducing the DH in the current session of the rules committee. If so, the league will play without the DH next season.

Pitching lines
MD1: Tyler Newitt (W, 1–0) 7.1 IP 5 H 1 R 1 ER 2 BB 8 K
MD2: Francis Delamere (L, 0–1) 4.2 IP 8 H 6 R 6 ER 2 BB 4 K
MD3: Fraser Mansell (W, 1–0) 6.1 IP 5 H 2 R 1 ER 1 BB 8 K; Aiden Horne (SV, 1) 0.2 IP 0 H 0 R 0 ER 0 BB 2 K
MD4: Tony Metson (ND, 0–0) 8.1 IP 4 H 3 R 2 ER 0 BB 10 K; Gary Hale (L, 0–1) 1.0 IP 1 H 1 R 1 ER 0 BB 1 K
MD5: Callum Nottingham (W, 1–0) 6.0 IP 4 H 2 R 2 ER 2 BB 5 K
MD6: Tyler Newitt (L, 1–1) 2.2 IP 7 H 5 R 5 ER 3 BB 2 K
Слава Україні!

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:00 pm

ENTV

Explosive Sports News
Football - World Cup 79
[Home] [Cricket][Baseball][Basketball][Tennis][Other Sports]

Newmanistan Justify Nickname But Ethane Reliable Challengers
by Andrew Davis

Newmanistan may have justified the nickname for their team with their first few performances in this World Baseball Classic, but the Red Kites are not far behind them.

Graham Steadhall's new regime as manager of the Ethanian national baseball team may have started off with controversy, but after the first 2 series of 3 games, he is starting to justify why he was chosen for the job, making the argument for his hard-line disciplinary way of managing the side.

Rumours of accusations of abuse and sexual assault have been circling about Graham Steadhall, with the Green Party boycotting all EBA events and attempting to disrupt them because of these rumours, but nothing has come to light and no one has actually come forward to make an accusation against Steadhall, leading many to question whether the rumoured accusations were just falsified. There were a contingent group of fans who argued that he shouldn't be made manager due to his style of managing as well; that it is too brutal and that he is too harsh on his players.

At the end of the day, however, the ends often justify the means and as far as performances go for the Red Kites, they haven't been doing too badly so far. It isn't yet at the height of their performances when they reached the final of the WBC twice in a row, but the team have gelled and have been performing well on the pitch and behaving well off the pitch. Many fans who were initially critical of his selection have changed their perspective on him contingent on him obtaining a decent result for the team this WBC, which is starting to look possible if they can get past the barriers in their way.

Newmanistan is possibly the biggest barrier in their way in the group. Winning the group is not necessary to progress, but showing dominance and the ability to beat some of the 'big teams' in the top 10 of the rankings will be an important marker for a team that in recent years has lacked in confidence, providing the boost the team needs to really fire on all cylinders heading into the playoffs.

The problem is Newmanistan - or The Rockets as they are called - are really firing full power into this WBC, and are really impressing with their performances, justifying their nickname 'The Rockets'. They really are rocketing ahead in the group, powering through teams with ease. After 6 matches, they have only lost 1 game, and that was a closely fought game against Dharoka where a slip up in the eighth allowed their opposition to put 6 runs in the scoreboard and bring themselves right back into a game that Newmanistan thought they had already won, shaking the team's confidence a little in that particular situation. Their performance at the least seems dominant, and it appears as if they are breezing through most of the opponents in the group with ease.

Their stats also make for chilling reading to any teams hoping to challenge them. After 6 matches, they have managed to put 47 runs on the board (that's an average of almost 8 runs a game) with dominant victories such as the 9-3 against Dharoka, the 7-0 against Lisander, the 13-3 against Northwest Kalactin, and the 10-2 against Tjorl. That's a pretty impressive set of starting results for any team, even a top ten side.

Not only are they strong in batting, they also appear to be pretty strong in their pitching and fielding as well. Excluding the anomalous 10-7 game against Dharoka, Newmanistan's runs conceded sat at a measly 8 - undoubtedly one of the best records in the tournament - which does make the other teams in the group wonder: if they bat well and pitch well, how can we possibly beat them? They've certainly justified their nickname of 'The Rockets', firing those runs on to the leaderboard.

But the Red Kites under Graham Steadhall are also nothing to be messed with and are going into this tournament with the mindset that they can at least challenge one of the greatest teams that baseball has ever seen. While Ethane's run differential is nowhere near that of Newmanistan's, and other than Vangaziland and Tjorl, has the worst runs for record of all the teams in the top 3 of their respective groups, the Red Kites lay only 3 points - 1 victory behind The Rockets - after 6 games.

The team also has the lowest runs against rate in the whole tournament at only 13 runs conceded other than Banija who has only conceded 9, which shows the quality in pitching and fielding that the team has, which the team has utilised to win matches or make them close. This is most notable in the 2-3 loss to Tjorl, the 5-2 victory against Northwest Kalactin, and the 2-6 victory against Lisander, with Dharoka appearing to be the bogey team for both Ethane and Newmanistan's tactics. The Red Kites may have not been putting a large number of runs on the board in each game, but they are restricting the opposition, with Steadhall - like at club level - prioritising pitching and fielding more than batting in training and practice.

It is the team's first game against Newmanistan that has provided the team with hope in themselves, in the tactics, and in the manager. Everyone was expecting The Rockets to completely walk over a weakened and low in confidence Ethanian national team, suffering blow after blow as the WBCs progressed ever since their win. But The Rockets seemed to have been completely diffused by the pitching of the Red Kites, struggling to really put any runs on the board in what was a highly disciplined and tightly fielded and pitched game by the Ethanians.

Yes, the Red Kites did lose that game against Newmanistan. But they put up a great fight, and you could say they were even unlucky to lose it. It was an extremely low scoring game, with only 1 run scored in the final inning by The Rockets to put the game to bed. But what it did show, and by all means the team should be able to replicate it in future matches not just against Newmanistan but against other top teams as well, was that the Red Kites have the ability to completely constrain and restrict some of the top team's scoring rates, giving themselves a chance to really compete.

The Red Kites may be sitting in the shadows of The Rockets, but they need to be wary as Ethane is standing right behind them in their shadow, ready to pounce and restrict one of the greatest teams in baseball history ever. Now they just need to learn how to score runs.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:08 pm

THE ROCKET REPORT

DUVALL DISCUSSES FUTURE

by Brianne Henry,

Henry: Once again, I am delighted to have the opportunity to interview the great Courtney Duvall. It seems like we have been doing this for over a decade in the World Baseball Classic, because, we have. Courtney is 37, and has already declared that she is retiring from international baseball after this classic. Courtney, thanks for speaking to me again!

Duvall: It is my pleasure!

Henry: How difficult was it to make the decision that you did, in stepping down from international baseball?

Duvall: It was not that difficult. I didn’t want to put Ashley (Stevens, the manager) in a situation where she felt she had to name me to the team because of what I had done in the past. I have had my moments in the Classic, and am so excited that the pipeline of great Rockets pitching will continue long after I am done.

Henry: You were put in the fifth spot in the rotation, is that tough, because it is certainly different for you?

Duvall: It’s different, but it’s not tough. I am just happy to still be a part of the rotation. I know that I can still be a dominant pitcher at this level, or else I would not be back.

Henry: As you have gotten older, statisticians point out that you have relied on your changeup a little more. Have you felt as though you are pitching differently now?

Duvall: Perhaps. I was never the big velocity power pitcher, so it has not been a big adjustment. I am still able to locate my breaking pitches. It is no secret with how I plan on getting batters out in this Classic, it’s the same way I always have. It is up to them to try and beat me.

Henry: You made your first start in this Classic in Tjorl. Perhaps you will face them in each start. Eight innings, two earned runs allowed, ten strikeouts. The ability is still there.

Duvall: Well, thank you. I am not sure if we are going to go to an approach where I am the designated pitcher against Tjorl. With the way the schedule is set up, on a five player rotation, each starter can keep getting the same opponent. We’ll see how it goes. Ashley will probably shake it up once we see who are biggest threats are, other then Ethane obviously, and who has been on the best form in the early games.

Henry: Now, before I go further, I have to confirm, this is only a stepping down at the international level, and not in the ENBL.

Duvall: Correct, I do not plan on retiring in the ENBL anytime soon. Naturally, my health will dictate that, but I intend to stay with the Leopards. It’s just the national team. I think it’s a great opportunity for me to close out my Rockets career in Newmanistan. Hopefully with a title, but to close it out at home. We’ll make the playoffs.

Henry: You just provided poster board material for others with that!

Duvall: By guaranteeing we’ll make the playoffs? I’m pretty sure most other international media sources would guarantee it, too. I didn’t promise a group title. Ethane is strong and proven. But we’re not going to finish out of the top two, you can book that.

Henry: Would you be interested in coaching at the international level? What if another nation inquired?

Duvall: Maybe in the future, but again, I am not retiring as a player. So any decision on that would be well down the road. I’d like to become part of Ashley’s staff here, but that’s for another time.

Henry: A few others, like Hannah Bates and Lexi Alcorn, retired on top. Mallory Harris was going to, but then decided she wanted to close her career out at home, too. So much of the core seems like will be gone after this Classic.

Duvall: It was hinted to me by Ashley, that the reason the Emperor bid so hard for the Classic was because he knew this was a swan song Classic for a lot of our core. We could have gone out on top, and I know Mallory was going too. This will allow us to go out in Newmanistan, regardless of how good we do in the playoffs.

Henry: A new core is well formed, though. I am sure you are excited with how it will turnover.

Duvall: Yes, indeed. Hannah Lee, Cassie Burke will be a great 1-2. Jennifer (Hughes) may have one more Classic. We’re working youth into the starting lineup now with Ashley Sorenson and Brittany McDonald, and more on the bench. There will be a transition, but it will be in name only. We will continue to be a powerhouse.

Henry: It’s easy to say the top threats to the Rockets are Super-Llamaland, Schiltzberg, and Cassadaigua. And Ethane as well, since they are in the group. Who else do you see out there as a sleeper threat at the title, sort of like Free Republics was last year.

Duvall: Well, are the Free Republics eligible to be a sleeper again?

Henry: Nah, don’t include them either. Put them in the main contender file. Give me someone else!

Duvall: Scootalove City, West Phoenicia, Nova Anglicana, you know, the usual suspects.

Henry: Give me an unusual suspect. No Alpine Union, either.

Duvall: Too early. That bear on Hampton Island is interesting.

Henry: He strikes out a lot.

Duvall: He’ll adapt. I always like seeing different species playing baseball. Now we know its not just for humans and ponies.

Henry: Would you throw at him?

Duvall: I want to see someone try. But not one of us. Right now, no reason too. Striking out too much.
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Lambridge, Taxachusetts Charter Society, Free Republics

Of all of the charter societies established after the Leftist Republics War, Taxachusetts was the weirdest. Whereas Malifornia had been sold to the Salvation Circle and turned into a theocracy reminiscent of Saintland, Taxachusetts had been sold to Safari, an ecommerce corporation that had shockingly grown even larger than AllMart in recent years. Safari was run by a ruthless businessman named Laban Hakansson. Hakansson's corporation had grown by undercutting competitors and evading local sales taxes with the help of a loophole that exempted web-based sellers from collecting taxes.

When Consul Nicholls introduced the charter societies, Hakansson was immediately intrigued. His company was notorious for its extremely high turnover amongst its labor force. Its technical workers, exhausted from 100 hour work weeks, tended to quit within the first couple years. The situation amongst the company's warehouse workers was even worse. Around half of Safari's warehouse workers didn't even make it through a single shift without getting fired or quitting. A substantial portion of the Safari warehouse workforce didn't even last an hour. Hakansson saw the Charter Society as an opportunity to implement his own vision of a privately owned communist country where workers would have no choice but to do the job he assigned them and, in doing so, help Safari drive up its profit margins.

Hakansson used his fortune to purchase Taxachusetts, which was once an independent nation, and publicly announce his plan to "prove" that communism can work by making it work in the Taxachusetts Charter Society. The Federation Government provided financial assistance to all Communist Party FFR members who were interested in moving to the new "communist utopia" that would be "fully self-sufficient" and faithfully enact the principle of "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need". Surprisingly, many commies fell straight into the trap and became the glorified property of the greediest corporation in the Free Republics.

While Hakansson and his Safari executives continued to pay themselves lavish salaries, now he could pay his new workforce with his company's surplus and effectively force them to work for him as much as he wanted. While Safari was not permitted, under the terms of the Charter, to take the property of other corporations without purchasing it, he exercised a loophole to threaten them with confiscatory taxation and onerous regulations in order to force them to sell their Taxachusetts-based holdings to Safari or even merge with Safari. Those companies that refused were quickly driven out of business by the communist government's anti-business policies, all of which did not apply to Safari. Within a year of obtaining the Charter, Safari had a monopoly over every single industry in Taxachusetts and was synonymous with the government of the Charter Society.

Given the conditions under which Charter Societies were established, they were strongly encouraged to keep their citizens inside their territory at all costs. The Taxachusetts Charter Society did not need any encouragement to do exactly this. Within 6 months, the government had constructed an electrified border wall across all of the borders of their Charter Society. This gave the Safari corporation life and death control over every man, woman and child in Taxachusetts.

Some executives within Safari argued that the company should utilize child labor within their Charter Society. Hakansson had shot these people down, suggesting instead that it would be more beneficial to educate the children of Taxachusetts in an educational system that focused much more heavily upon vocational education in order to determine the "ability" of each child and put them on the track for the right job for them within Safari corporation. Other executives had argued that Safari should simply terminate poorly performing workers and deny them the basic necessities of life. This was shot down by Hakansson as well as he decided that it would be bad from an optics perspective.

Instead, Hakansson decided, Safari should reward workers who put in a full effort with various privileges and amenities. He wanted one of those to be the right to attend international sports but for the longest time this was not a possibility as every Republican National Team refused to visit Taxachusetts. Finally, however, the National Baseball Team agreed to play a game against Liventia in Lambridge's Conway Park, which had been kept up by the corporate government in the hope that they would be able to bring top-notch baseball to Taxachusetts.

The most dedicated 37,000 workers in the Charter Society plus 449 Safari executives, including Mr. Hakansson himself, were permitted to attend the game. In the months leading up to this ballgame, Safari managers had been asked to file extensive reports on all of their workers to help management identify the hardest working. To provide incentive to the least dedicated workers, the company also decreed that the 37,000 least dedicated workers would be required to spend the night doing menial labor under the supervision of executives who would receive a bonus for foregoing time off to help the company punish its worst workers.

Those in attendance at Conway Park saw the Free Republics explode for 7 runs in the 3rd inning, including a bases-clearing triple by Hollie Rogers that knocked Liventian starter Tyler Newitt out of the game. Namo Busque pitched 8 and a third innings for the FFR, holding Liventia to 2 runs on 5 hits including solo home runs by Ryan Farquharson and Oscar Guantlett. Kacie Munro finished the game with back-to-back strikeouts of Steve Connibeer and, impressively, Simon Hext. The Free Republics prevailed 9 to 2 and moved to 4-2, a game behind Maklohi Vai for first in Group 6.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Tierra de Castro
Secretary

Founded: Sep 11, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Tierra de Castro » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:52 pm

El Profesor Edgar Abasto sat at his desk wondering exactly what the next step was. The team were 3-3 through the first 6 games and the group was very tight. He hadn’t quite hit the winning formula thus far, with the team giving up late runs in two losses to the Royal Kingdom of Quebec and the Alpine Union. Those sort of losses were always hard to take. He felt particularly sorry for poor Alfredo Tejedor who had pitched so well 7 innings against the Quebecois team before El Prof decided to take him out of the game and bring in specialist closer Jorge Santangel. Santangel put in a nightmarish performance and they lost the game 2-0, with the shutout being an especially sore point.

Young Adan Carita had shown himself to be a real talent, his talent as a catcher was unquestionable. One thing Abasto was thankful for was that Castrollano kids were always taught the fundamentals of how to field well, there were rarely errors and that could be seen clearly with Carita. He was an excellent man to have behind home plate. There had been a couple of wild pitches thrown and Carita had shown great tenacity to get down and block them in the dirt.

It was his talent hitting that was really raising eyebrows though, the kid had hit 4 home runs through their schedule so far and it was likely he would add to that statistic over the course of the group stage. The sheer power he was able to generate was quite impressive and so too was his slugging percentage. The sabermetrics guys also harped on about his OPS and when Abasto had looked into it he was pleasantly surprised too. Carita had a great knack for both hitting for power and getting on base. A real talent.

The issue lay more with pitching, Abasto was not entirely sure who his number one guy was. Chicote was the wily veteran and had put in a couple of decent performances, Tejedor had done well in his first start. Snoopy Martinez lacked a little bit of variation that they were finding necessary against such talented hitters, even though his fastball was an exceedingly dangerous weapon in its own right. Abasto had pondered Gustavo Quesada starting a couple of games but he hadn’t given him the opportunity to do so yet.

El Prof liked Quesada. He was a conscientious guy, a hard worker and extremely professional. He was quiet in the locker room, but well liked at the same time. He never really said too much and was perhaps overshadowed occasionally by some of the more rambunctious personalities around him. As a pitcher, he was solid enough, his fastball was dangerous and he had an extremely good change-up and curveball. Domestically he impressed repeatedly with Tortugas, a team notorious for good defence but shocking bad at hitting.

Maybe it would be an idea to start Quesada in the next game. It was a crucial one, Beepee had run out victors in the first game between the sides and another loss could mean falling even further behind in the race for one of the top two spots in the group. They were a difficult team to beat. The question would be whether Quesada could handle the pressure? Was his personality suited to such a high pressure game? It was hard to know, but he was the first choice pitcher for Tortugas and regularly led them to victories in important games.

Perhaps, Abasto thought, I should give him a little bit more credit.

One thing he didn’t have to worry about was a way to get Juan Esteban Capmany hitting in the game. The Beepeeans used the designated hitter also and that meant he would be stepping up ninth in the order all game. Abasto had been half tempted to start the young man, to throw him straight into it and give him a baptism of fire. But then the wiser side of him, the one with the doctoral degree in psychology decided that it could be a bad idea to throw him into the starting line-up right from the beginning of the Classic.

Abasto didn’t want him to get carried away, more than anything. He was quite an excitable young man at the best of times and using him as a designated hitter used his prodigious talents but tempered the side of Capmany that Abasto didn’t like quite as much. The side that was well aware of his position as a real Castrollano baseball prodigy, a starlet of the sport. Abasto didn’t want him to fall into the celebrity culture that some young baseball stars did in Tierra de Castro, because – although he couldn’t say it directly to Capmany – he was one of a few players that could make a living out of this sport, outside Tierra de Castro. He wouldn’t be able to do that if he fell in with the wrong crowd or if he lived the celebrity lifestyle drinking and gambling and chasing girls.

It was a bit of a moral dilemma for Edgar Abasto, coaching the national team. He didn’t fully agree with all the government’s policies. He didn’t agree with a lot of them in fact. Sure, the economic side of things was often good – useful in fact. Universal healthcare and a lot of useful communal amenities were nice, but he was well aware that the country lagged far behind some of their regional counterparts for quality of life. A lot of that had to go down to the lack of competitive development of products and the like. That was his theory anyway.

What he hated the most, though, was the fact he could never truly speak his mind. He couldn’t do it as an ordinary citizen and he certainly couldn’t do it as the coach of the national baseball team. He’d be shot for treason after a show trial and his family name would be slandered for eternity as a capitalist pigdog that somehow infiltrated the socialist utopia. It was a frustrating position to be in.

It was also frustrating that he couldn’t advise youngsters like Carita, Tejedor and Capmany about their futures for fear of running afoul of the regime. If they heard that he was telling them to go and earn money playing baseball in other countries he was sure he’d be given the same show trial as he would experience if he called El Presidente an idiot. That’s why he had had a quiet word with Hector Chicote. Chicote didn’t care quite so much about the regime and he was a bit of a wildcard anyway, he had always been prepared to say things others wouldn’t.

El Profesor hoped El Zorro had caught the hint and given the advice that he couldn’t give. The kids were alright. They deserved better than just Tierra de Castro for the rest of their lives.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Matchday 7:
Group 1
The Greater Nordics 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 4
Knessniet 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 2

Scootalove City 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3 6
Hicaña 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

Notoria 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 4
Drawkland 0 3 3 0 1 0 0 0 X 7

1 Scootalove City 7 7 0 41 17 +24 21
2 Drawkland 7 4 3 43 38 +5 12
3 Knessniet 7 3 4 28 29 −1 9
4 Hicaña 7 3 4 25 32 −7 9
5 Notoria 7 2 5 25 35 −10 6
6 The Greater Nordics 7 2 5 21 32 −11 6

Group 2
Suryak 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 4 6
Melbergia 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 2

Equestrian States 0 2 0 2 1 2 1 0 1 9
Cassadaigua 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 1 0 4

Vangaziland 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
Gor Kebab 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 X 2

1 Cassadaigua 7 6 1 44 23 +21 18
2 Equestrian States 7 4 3 31 26 +5 12
3 Suryak 7 4 3 33 35 −2 12
4 Vangaziland 7 3 4 18 24 −6 9
5 Melbergia 7 2 5 27 36 −9 6
6 Gor Kebab 7 2 5 23 32 −9 6

Group 3
Tenburg 3 5 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 15
South Covello 2 5 3 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 14

West Phoenicia 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 1 3 7
Shayla 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 3

Eraman 1 3 2 1 0 0 1 0 0 8
The Sherpa Empire 0 0 0 1 2 0 1 0 0 4

1 West Phoenicia 7 6 1 54 30 +24 18
2 Eraman 7 4 3 41 31 +10 12
3 Tenburg 7 3 4 47 44 +3 9
4 South Covello 7 3 4 40 43 −3 9
5 The Sherpa Empire 7 3 4 27 40 −13 9
6 Shayla 7 2 5 25 46 −21 6

Group 4
Dharoka 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4
Tjorl 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 0 1 1 5

Newmanistan 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 3
Lisander 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1

Northwest Kalactin 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Ethane 0 2 2 0 0 1 0 2 X 7

1 Newmanistan 7 6 1 50 19 +31 18
2 Ethane 7 5 2 28 13 +15 15
3 Tjorl 7 4 3 23 26 −3 12
4 Dharoka 7 3 4 33 40 −7 9
5 Lisander 7 2 5 19 27 −8 6
6 Northwest Kalactin 7 1 6 14 42 −28 3

Group 5
Nova Anglicana 1 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 4
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 3

Beepee 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 3
Tierra de Castro 0 1 0 1 7 3 0 1 X 13

Alpine Union 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 2 0 7
Loshos 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 4

1 Nova Anglicana 7 5 2 31 22 +9 15
2 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 7 5 2 28 19 +9 15
3 Alpine Union 7 4 3 45 30 +15 12
4 Tierra de Castro 7 4 3 35 25 +10 12
5 Beepee 7 3 4 27 40 −13 9
6 Loshos 7 0 7 14 44 −30 0

Group 6
Liventia 0 3 1 2 0 0 3 0 1 10
Titaniumland 0 0 0 2 4 0 0 0 0 6

Free Republics 1 1 0 3 0 0 1 0 0 6
Saint Agnesia 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 3

Fungsland 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 2
Maklohi Vai 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

1 Free Republics 7 5 2 46 27 +19 15
2 Maklohi Vai 7 5 2 37 23 +14 15
3 Liventia 7 4 3 39 34 +5 12
4 Fungsland 7 3 4 25 33 −8 9
5 Titaniumland 7 3 4 31 43 −12 9
6 Saint Agnesia 7 1 6 22 40 −18 3

Group 7
Super-Llamaland 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 2 3 0 2 9
Wuriya 3 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 1 8

Oscioru 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2
Lycrabon 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 X 3

Hampton Island 1 2 5 2 1 0 1 0 1 13
New Sportland 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

1 Hampton Island 7 7 0 40 17 +23 21
2 Super-Llamaland 7 5 2 40 30 +10 15
3 Lycrabon 7 4 3 34 23 +11 12
4 Oscioru 7 2 5 20 29 −9 6
5 Wuriya 7 2 5 35 45 −10 6
6 New Sportland 7 1 6 22 47 −25 3

Group 8
Schiltzberg 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2
People Who Have Issues 1 1 0 0 3 0 1 1 X 7

Ranoria 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
St Saratoga 0 0 0 2 0 0 4 3 X 9

Anthor 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Ko-oren 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 X 3

1 People Who Have Issues 7 5 2 38 30 +8 15
2 St Saratoga 7 4 3 40 28 +12 12
3 Schiltzberg 7 4 3 32 27 +5 12
4 Ko-oren 7 4 3 32 40 −8 12
5 Anthor 7 3 4 33 33 0 9
6 Ranoria 7 1 6 27 44 −17 3

Group 9
Aureumterra 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 3
Cosumar 1 3 0 1 0 3 0 0 X 8

Filindostan 1 0 2 0 0 0 2 0 0 5

Abanhfleft 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2
Banija 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 X 4

1 Banija 7 6 1 31 11 +20 18
2 Cosumar 7 5 2 42 20 +22 15
3 Abanhfleft 7 4 3 37 21 +16 12
4 Filindostan 7 3 4 22 31 −9 9
5 Saintland 7 2 5 16 34 −18 6
6 Aureumterra 7 1 6 14 45 −31 3

Matchday 8:
Group 1
Knessniet 1 0 0 7 2 0 0 1 0 11
Notoria 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1

Drawkland 1 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4
Scootalove City 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

Hicaña 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 2
The Greater Nordics 0 0 0 2 2 0 2 0 X 6

1 Scootalove City 8 7 1 43 21 +22 21
2 Drawkland 8 5 3 47 40 +7 15
3 Knessniet 8 4 4 39 30 +9 12
4 The Greater Nordics 8 3 5 27 34 −7 9
5 Hicaña 8 3 5 27 38 −11 9
6 Notoria 8 2 6 26 46 −20 6

Group 2
Melbergia 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 1 0 2 6
Vangaziland 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 3 7

Gor Kebab 0 3 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 5
Equestrian States 0 0 0 0 4 0 5 0 X 9

Cassadaigua 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Suryak 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

1 Cassadaigua 8 7 1 45 23 +22 21
2 Equestrian States 8 5 3 40 31 +9 15
3 Suryak 8 4 4 33 36 −3 12
4 Vangaziland 8 4 4 25 30 −5 12
5 Melbergia 8 2 6 33 43 −10 6
6 Gor Kebab 8 2 6 28 41 −13 6

Group 3
South Covello 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 5
Eraman 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

The Sherpa Empire 0 1 0 4 0 0 0 0 1 6
West Phoenicia 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 2 5

Shayla 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 3
Tenburg 0 3 2 0 2 0 3 2 X 12

1 West Phoenicia 8 6 2 59 36 +23 18
2 Tenburg 8 4 4 59 47 +12 12
3 Eraman 8 4 4 42 36 +6 12
4 South Covello 8 4 4 45 44 +1 12
5 The Sherpa Empire 8 4 4 33 45 −12 12
6 Shayla 8 2 6 28 58 −30 6

Group 4
Tjorl 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Northwest Kalactin 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 X 3

Ethane 0 1 0 0 3 0 2 0 0 6
Newmanistan 0 0 3 0 1 0 5 0 X 9

Lisander 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2
Dharoka 2 1 0 3 0 3 0 1 X 10

1 Newmanistan 8 7 1 59 25 +34 21
2 Ethane 8 5 3 34 22 +12 15
3 Dharoka 8 4 4 43 42 +1 12
4 Tjorl 8 4 4 23 29 −6 12
5 Lisander 8 2 6 21 37 −16 6
6 Northwest Kalactin 8 2 6 17 42 −25 6

Group 5
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 3
Alpine Union 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 5 X 9

Loshos 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 2
Beepee 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 1 X 5

Tierra de Castro 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 1 2 6
Nova Anglicana 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 4

1 Alpine Union 8 5 3 54 33 +21 15
2 Tierra de Castro 8 5 3 41 29 +12 15
3 Nova Anglicana 8 5 3 35 28 +7 15
4 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 8 5 3 31 28 +3 15
5 Beepee 8 4 4 32 42 −10 12
6 Loshos 8 0 8 16 49 −33 0

Group 6
Titaniumland 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 2 0 4
Fungsland 0 0 0 2 2 1 0 2 X 7

Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 0 2 3 1 0 0 6
Free Republics 0 3 2 1 0 1 1 0 X 8

Saint Agnesia 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 2
Liventia 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 0 X 4

1 Free Republics 8 6 2 54 33 +21 18
2 Maklohi Vai 8 5 3 43 31 +12 15
3 Liventia 8 5 3 43 36 +7 15
4 Fungsland 8 4 4 32 37 −5 12
5 Titaniumland 8 3 5 35 50 −15 9
6 Saint Agnesia 8 1 7 24 44 −20 3

Group 7
Wuriya 4 0 0 3 4 0 0 0 0 11
Hampton Island 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 3

New Sportland 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 1 0 4
Oscioru 3 1 0 3 0 0 0 0 X 7

Lycrabon 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Super-Llamaland 1 0 0 4 1 0 0 1 X 7

1 Hampton Island 8 7 1 43 28 +15 21
2 Super-Llamaland 8 6 2 47 31 +16 18
3 Lycrabon 8 4 4 35 30 +5 12
4 Wuriya 8 3 5 46 48 −2 9
5 Oscioru 8 3 5 27 33 −6 9
6 New Sportland 8 1 7 26 54 −28 3

Group 8
People Who Have Issues 0 2 3 0 1 1 0 0 0 7
Anthor 0 0 1 3 0 0 0 1 0 5

Ko-oren 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
Ranoria 0 0 0 4 1 0 0 1 X 6

St Saratoga 2 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 4
Schiltzberg 1 0 0 2 1 0 1 0 X 5

1 People Who Have Issues 8 6 2 45 35 +10 18
2 Schiltzberg 8 5 3 37 31 +6 15
3 St Saratoga 8 4 4 44 33 +11 12
4 Ko-oren 8 4 4 33 46 −13 12
5 Anthor 8 3 5 38 40 −2 9
6 Ranoria 8 2 6 33 45 −12 6

Group 9
Cosumar 2 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 5
Abanhfleft 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Banija 4 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 5
Filindostan 0 0 3 0 0 0 1 0 0 4

Saintland 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 4
Aureumterra 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2

1 Banija 8 7 1 36 15 +21 21
2 Cosumar 8 6 2 47 21 +26 18
3 Abanhfleft 8 4 4 38 26 +12 12
4 Filindostan 8 3 5 26 36 −10 9
5 Saintland 8 3 5 20 36 −16 9
6 Aureumterra 8 1 7 16 49 −33 3

Matchday 9:
Group 1
Hicaña 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 4
Knessniet 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3

The Greater Nordics 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Drawkland 1 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 X 5

Scootalove City 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2
Notoria 0 0 0 1 3 0 0 1 X 5

1 Scootalove City 9 7 2 45 26 +19 21
2 Drawkland 9 6 3 52 41 +11 18
3 Knessniet 9 4 5 42 34 +8 12
4 Hicaña 9 4 5 31 41 −10 12
5 The Greater Nordics 9 3 6 28 39 −11 9
6 Notoria 9 3 6 31 48 −17 9

Group 2
Cassadaigua 1 0 1 1 0 0 4 0 1 8
Melbergia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Suryak 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 4
Gor Kebab 1 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 5

Equestrian States 1 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 1 5
Vangaziland 1 0 0 2 2 3 0 0 X 8

1 Cassadaigua 9 8 1 53 23 +30 24
2 Equestrian States 9 5 4 45 39 +6 15
3 Vangaziland 9 5 4 33 35 −2 15
4 Suryak 9 4 5 37 41 −4 12
5 Gor Kebab 9 3 6 33 45 −12 9
6 Melbergia 9 2 7 33 51 −18 6

Group 3
Shayla 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 4 1 6
South Covello 0 1 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 5

Tenburg 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
The Sherpa Empire 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 X 4

West Phoenicia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 3 5
Eraman 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

1 West Phoenicia 9 7 2 64 38 +26 21
2 The Sherpa Empire 9 5 4 37 46 −9 15
3 Tenburg 9 4 5 60 51 +9 12
4 Eraman 9 4 5 44 41 +3 12
5 South Covello 9 4 5 50 50 0 12
6 Shayla 9 3 6 34 63 −29 9

Group 4
Lisander 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 4
Tjorl 2 0 2 0 0 2 0 0 X 6

Dharoka 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 5
Ethane 1 0 0 0 7 1 0 2 X 11

Newmanistan 0 3 0 0 1 1 0 0 2 7
Northwest Kalactin 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 3

1 Newmanistan 9 8 1 66 28 +38 24
2 Ethane 9 6 3 45 27 +18 18
3 Tjorl 9 5 4 29 33 −4 15
4 Dharoka 9 4 5 48 53 −5 12
5 Lisander 9 2 7 25 43 −18 6
6 Northwest Kalactin 9 2 7 20 49 −29 6

Group 5
Tierra de Castro 3 0 1 3 1 0 0 0 0 8
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 1 3 5 0 0 0 0 0 X 9

Nova Anglicana 3 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 1 8
Loshos 0 0 2 0 0 3 1 0 1 7

Beepee 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 3
Alpine Union 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 2 X 6

1 Alpine Union 9 6 3 60 36 +24 18
2 Nova Anglicana 9 6 3 43 35 +8 18
3 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 9 6 3 40 36 +4 18
4 Tierra de Castro 9 5 4 49 38 +11 15
5 Beepee 9 4 5 35 48 −13 12
6 Loshos 9 0 9 23 57 −34 0

Group 6
Saint Agnesia 1 0 0 0 1 0 2 1 2 7
Titaniumland 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 3 5

Liventia 0 3 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 5
Maklohi Vai 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2

Free Republics 0 2 1 0 0 2 0 3 0 8
Fungsland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

1 Free Republics 9 7 2 62 34 +28 21
2 Liventia 9 6 3 48 38 +10 18
3 Maklohi Vai 9 5 4 45 36 +9 15
4 Fungsland 9 4 5 33 45 −12 12
5 Titaniumland 9 3 6 40 57 −17 9
6 Saint Agnesia 9 2 7 31 49 −18 6

Group 7
Lycrabon 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Wuriya 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 X 4

Super-Llamaland 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 3
New Sportland 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1

Oscioru 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Hampton Island 3 1 0 0 0 1 0 2 X 7

1 Hampton Island 9 8 1 50 30 +20 24
2 Super-Llamaland 9 7 2 50 32 +18 21
3 Wuriya 9 4 5 50 48 +2 12
4 Lycrabon 9 4 5 35 34 +1 12
5 Oscioru 9 3 6 29 40 −11 9
6 New Sportland 9 1 8 27 57 −30 3

Group 8
St Saratoga 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 5
People Who Have Issues 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3

Schiltzberg 0 1 2 0 5 0 0 0 0 8
Ko-oren 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 3

Ranoria 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 4 6
Anthor 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 2 4

1 Schiltzberg 9 6 3 45 34 +11 18
2 People Who Have Issues 9 6 3 48 40 +8 18
3 St Saratoga 9 5 4 49 36 +13 15
4 Ko-oren 9 4 5 36 54 −18 12
5 Anthor 9 3 6 42 46 −4 9
6 Ranoria 9 3 6 39 49 −10 9

Group 9
Saintland 0 1 3 0 0 0 3 0 0 7
Cosumar 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 3

Aureumterra 3 2 0 1 1 1 0 0 2 10
Banija 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 3 6

Filindostan 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Abanhfleft 0 2 0 0 1 0 1 6 X 10

1 Banija 9 7 2 42 25 +17 21
2 Cosumar 9 6 3 50 28 +22 18
3 Abanhfleft 9 5 4 48 27 +21 15
4 Saintland 9 4 5 27 39 −12 12
5 Filindostan 9 3 6 27 46 −19 9
6 Aureumterra 9 2 7 26 55 −29 6
Last edited by Newmanistan on Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:47 pm

THE GRAND DUCHY OF SCHILTZBERG
"Deum Super Omnia"

History:
The Grand Duchy of Schiltzberg is an enormous nation that stretches to engulf much of the European continent, and has grown from humble beginnings into being the economic, social, and cultural powerhouse that it is today. In the year 1718, the grand patriot and war hero, whose name was Nicolas Schiltz, was granted a large portion of land for his gallantry in action and his extreme patriotism and courage in the First Javanese War of Succession (1704-1707) by the Luxembourgish Grand Duke. This land became a province of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, and was called Schiltzberg. Schiltzberg began to grow in industry and culture, and with the growing ideas of the Enlightenment, Schiltzbergers believed that they deserved to be a sovereign state, which would be independent from Luxembourg. Inspired by the American Revolution, Duke Jean I of Schiltzberg declared Schiltzberg's independence from Luxembourg on March 31, 1781. Luxembourg was in no state of readiness for war, and was forced to recognize Schiltzberg's independence, and Luxembourg's Grand Duke Joseph I signed the treaty to recognize the new Grand Duchy on February 12, 1782. The nation grew industrially very quickly, having an industrial revolution, and it quadrupled in size, gaining territories from its militarily inferior rival of the Holy Roman Empire, which Schiltzberg seemed to be continuously and indefinitely at war with.

In the nineteenth century, Emperor Napoleon of France, which had been an ally of Schiltzberg's before the French Revolution, threatened to declare war on Schiltzberg if it did not submit itself to his rule. Schiltzberg refused, and this led to a French invasion of Schiltzbergian territory. Schiltzberg lashed out against Napoleon's army with an army that was much stronger than the Emperor had anticipated, and Schiltzberg defeated Napoleon, winning crucial battles at Paris and Versailles. Schiltzberg occupied France for seven months and intended on claiming the entire territory of that nation for its own, but hostile Germany its allies were afraid of Schiltzberg becoming too powerful, and threatened to declare war if Schiltzberg claimed land south of the 47th parallel. Schiltzberg claimed all of France north of that latitude line, though it also ceded a large portion of the land to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, which had been an ally in the war, and the remaining territory became an independent government known as the Republic of France, which became a close ally of Schiltzberg in many crucial wars.

Late in that century, the German kingdoms began to centralize, making Germany a critical threat to Schiltzberg and all of Europe. In 1914, following the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, who was a leader in Germany's ally of Austria-Hungary, the German military broke a twenty year standoff with Schiltzberg and its allies by invading Belgium. The German military was so strong that it overtook the Belgian capital of Brussels after only 72 hours, slaughtering the royal family of Belgium and leaving Belgium and its allies, including Schiltzberg, stunned. Schiltzberg, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom of Great Britain, and the Republic of France all declared war on Germany within several days of this happening. The Allies acted fast to prevent the Germans from attacking further nations, and Luxembourg and Great Britain attacked German troops in Belgium, while Schiltzberg and France invaded German territory. The Germans fought back hard, and they were able to push through Belgium into Schiltzbergian territory, forcing Schiltzberg to retreat and defend its own border with Belgium. The Allies signed an agreement with the Russian Empire and the United States of America, and the reinforcements from these nations allowed the Allies to begin to push back the Central Powers, which were led by Germany. The Russians invaded Germany from the east, and the rest of the Allies closed in on Germany from the west, and finally were able to break back into German territory in March of 1916. The German capital was overtaken, and the government was overthrown, as Schiltzberg and its allies won the war in May of 1916. Schiltzberg claimed much of the western German territory, expanding its own empire significantly. Belgium was administered by the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg in an effort to restore its government, but the natives started a movement to be absorbed into Luxembourg, and a referendum was passed to absorb Belgium into Luxembourg in November of 1919. France, Great Britain were given the imperialist territories of Germany, and Russia was given the part of Germany that has been called Prussia. The Allies created a new, democratic government in Germany, much at the pushing of the United States and France, but much to the dismay of Schiltzberg, which wanted to create a new monarchy, preferably from their own royal family to create an alliance with the Germans. Peace was temporarily gained.

The Germans began to stir again, as they recovered from the horrible war. There was a strong economic depression, and this angered the Germans, who blamed the depression on Schiltzberg. In September of 1939, Germany invaded Schiltzberg and once again started a world war. Italy and Japan joined Germany in its conquest of world domination, as Italy aided Germany in its European and African conquests, and Japan led its own Pacific and Asian conquests. The Allies reassembled, as the Schiltzbergers and every other European nation except for Germany and Italy declared war on the Axis Powers, and the United States declared war on Japan after being attacked in December of 1941. The Germans showed early dominance in the war, gaining a lot of territory very quickly, and Schiltzberg was forced to temporarily move its government to Versailles, which was much farther west from the front line than New Schiltzbierg was. It was a good thing too, because New Schiltzbierg was overtaken, and the Germans claimed "East Schiltzberg" for their own. Schiltzberg was not defeated yet though, as they fought back with their allies and regained the land. Meanwhile, the Americans were fighting bitterly against the Japanese in the Pacific, recapturing island nations that had previously been taken by the Japanese. The Americans got involved in the African conquest after receiving a message from the Republic of Mexico that the Germans had offered Mexico an alliance if it would invade the United States. The Germans were winning the war in Europe, but then made the mistake of provoking Soviet Union, which had previously been known as Russia, and this almost immediately resulted in their beginning to lose ground. They had opened up another front of the war and were unable to maintain their efforts. Captured land was retaken by the allies, who closed in on rivaling Germany, and the Germans surrendered in January of 1944. The Allies were furious that they had allowed the Germans to continue to have a government after the first World War, and this time, they allowed Schiltzberg to annex what remained of German territory, as well as Switzerland and Austria, which had supported the German effort, wiping Germany off the map. The Soviet Union was allowed to annex the German satellite state of Poland, and France was allowed to annex North Italy, while the United Kingdom was given South Italy as an imperial territory. Great Britain later sold this territory to France for money in an alliance treaty. The United States was allowed to keep all of the island nations as its territories, and was also given a great amount of land in Africa that had previously belonged to Germany, but this land was lost to the independence movement over the next decade. The people of Luxembourg voted to be annexed by Schiltzberg in 1948 in a referendum, so this gave Schiltzberg control of most of central Europe.

In the 1950s, Schiltzberg adopted moderate socialism, and was seen as the moderate of European politics, with the Soviet Union as the extreme communist and Great Britain and France as extreme capitalists. It was good to have neutral Schiltzberg separating these powers, and this is what prevented another World War from happening.

In the dawn of the third millennium, many began to question the legitimacy of a monarchy, including Schiltzberg's own leader, Grand Duke Lucas I. On March 31, 2014, Lucas stepped down as Grand Duke and approved a democratic constitution into law that would allow for the election of the head of state, who was the President. This was Schiltzberg's form of government for forty years of relative peace and mediocrity, until a man named James Williams was elected President in 2046. Williams was an extremist who fought to create nationalism in the country and strengthen government in Schiltzberg, in the case of war. He invaded France, which had been Schiltzberg's ally, and won the war because of Schiltzberg's outrageous military spending. In the treaty that ended the war, Schiltzberg annexed all of the Italian Peninsula, greatly increasing its land area. Schiltzberg asserted its dominance, and became an imperial power when its navy invaded several islands off of the coast of Asia. Nationalism was at its peak in Schiltzberg, and Williams was elected to a second term in 1950. He continued his controversial policies in his second term, but received a blind eye from foreign powers, because they feared his military strength. In 1954, Williams was to be removed from office, due to a clause in the constitution that limited a President to two terms. Williams asked for an amendment to be passed that would allow him to serve a third term, but the legislature unanimously voted down this amendment. Williams was outraged, and declared that he would refuse to step down as President. The following day, the congress voted to impeach him, and the Justice Council called for an impeachment trial. WIlliams then had the military assassinate all members of congress and the Justice Council, and declared himself the Emperor of Schiltzberg. Emperor James, as he called himself, declared war on France once again, and invaded. France and all of its allies, including Great Britain and the United States declared war on the rebel government and wished to restore peace in Schiltzberg. The Soviet Union also declared war on Schiltzberg out of fear of invasion. After six months, the government was overthrown, and the Schiltz Dynasty was restored, with Lucas III, grandson of Lucas I, as the new Grand Duke. Now there have been two decades of peace since the ancient government was restored, and most Schiltzbergers live happily in peace.

THE NEW AND IMPROVED SCHILTZBERGERS:

Starting Lineup: (Position, Name, Bats/Throws, AVG/OBP/SLG, FLD%, SB/CS)
SS Mark Daly (S/R, .326/.381/.462, .991, 27/7)
CF Jeff "Ducky" Fitzhugh (R/R, .347/.417/.642, .962, 15/4)
RF Steven Wilitzer* (R/R, .324/.413/.651, .984, 12/5)
1B Francis Thom (L/L, .312/.401/.682, .993, 0/0)
LF Chris Vrooman (L/L, .293/.325/.621, .981, 2/3)
C Daniel Newson* (R/R, .282/.301/.523, .990, 0/1)
3B Richard Tress* (S/R, .276/.313/.428, .967, 3/1)
2B Bob Rutledge (R/R, .251/.298/.399, .996, 37/8)
P (insert here)

Bench:
C Ed Zicker* (R/R, .261/.282/.356, .980, 3/2)
C Chris Allen* (R/R, .257/.294/.352, .976, 4/1)
2B/3B/SS Donald Carolan* (L/R, .271/.304/.370, .973, 7/3)
DH/1B/OF Ben Parker (L/L, .281/.311/.382, .988, 3/1)
OF Jack Brenz* (L/L, .291/.305/.376, .991, 7/4)
OF Jim Howard* (R/R, .249/.288/.328, .994, 13/2)

Starting Rotation: (Handedness, name, ERA, K/BB, WHIP)
RHP William McKey (2.12, 112/78, .94)
RHP David Toups (2.52, 298/178, .98)
LHP Roger Simmons* (2.78, 231/148, 1.02)
LHP Oliver Davis* (3.08, 186/124, 1.12)
RHP Steven Murray* (3.24, 192/120, 1.15)

Bullpen:
RHP Doug Miller (1.28, 92/46, 0.86, one inning)
RHP Thomas Villa* (2.83, 121/86, 1.21, two-three innings)
RHP Todd Barras (2.27, 130/76, 1.03, one-two innings)
LHP Adam Sanchez* (2.49, 92/57, 0.99, one-two innings)
LHP Devin Smith* (3.21, 99/67, 1.10, two-three innings)
LHP Donald Ruther* (3.51, 108/76, 1.17, three-six innings, can also start)

Manager: Mathew Stuart*
Pitching Coach: Tony Williams*
Hitting Coach: Alonzo Brawley
First Base Coach: Philip Anderson*
Third Base Coach: Jack Ray
Bench Coach: Oscar Wiseman

*DENOTES FIRST YEAR OF PLAY IN THE WBC

Uniforms:
HOME AWAY

The Grand Duchy of Schiltzberg offers the tournament use of Royal Dome, home of the New Schiltzbierg Grand Dukes of the NBLS, which is owned and paid for by the taxpaying citizens of New Schiltzbierg. The elegant stadium is the only stadium in the NBLS to have a fixed roof, but the elegant stadium is dubbed as "unique" rather than "outdated" for this feature. The stadium was built as Schiltzberg Stadium in 1978, and was host to several teams until it was bought by the NBLS when it was founded in 2000. The name was changed to Royal Dome in 2000. The New Schiltzbierg Grand Dukes have played at Royal Dome since 2000, and the New Schiltzbierg Prime Ministers (now the Presidents) also played there from 2000 to 2012.

(Image)
Royal Dome (top), which is bordered by Presidential Palace (bottom), where the Presidents play. Picture taken in June of 2015.

(Image)
A view from the right field bleachers in the season opener between the Grand Dukes and the Presidents on March 31, 2015.

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my runscorers: Yes
Choose my lineup: No
Follow my pitching rotation: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: No
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Eject my players: Yes, but no suspensions
Godmod other events: Yes
Use DH at home: Hell no

This Is Your New Schiltzbierg Times Sports News!
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

Beepee
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Beepee » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:27 pm

The secret diary of Homer Unn, aged 50 and three quarters

2nd October 2018.

Game day 7
Beepee l. Tierra de Castro 3 - 13

Game day 8
Loshos l. Beepee 2 - 5

Game Day 9
Beepee l. Alpine Union 3 - 6

Mother and I went to the dog home to pick out a guard dog. Mother thinks I'm 'not capable of looking after a dog'. Regardless, I chose a couple.of cute doggies.

I'm thinking of making them the new team mascot... I'm calling them 'pitcher' and 'batter'. Good strong names. Mother just shook her head when I told her.

Our matches today went poorly, we only just managed to top Loshos. I still don't know where the emphasis is to go up in that name. I blame mother a state school education isn't what it used to be.

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:03 pm

A New Superstition in Schiltzbergian Lore

1: Bröther, have you seen the standings?

2: Yes, bröther. I am quite distraught.

1: I fear that things could not be much worse than to be tied with People Who Have Issues.

2: I suppose there is probably a team in some other dimension that was leading their division for three months and then lost the division lead on the last day of the season in a tiebreaker that was today.

1: Do not be silly, bröther. You mustn't discuss these things.

2: I am sorry. I must apologize for these things until my last of days.

1: Do you have the låmps, bröther?

2: I have absolutely no låmps.

1: Bröther, you must find the låmps or else I shall perish, for behold, it is written: "You shall not hide a låmp under a basket."

2: Bröther, would you be able to utilize some lööps?

1: Perhaps, bröther, but the scripture says, "The kingdom of heaven is like ten virgins who went to meet a bridegroom. Five brought låmps, and the other five perished."

2: That is quite unfortunate bröther. I must procure some låmps.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:35 pm

The Bulletin: Arnao is back for his fifth WBC as manager of the Lumai after a second consecutive trip to the playoffs in WBC 43. However, another Round of 32 performance may not be enough to keep the National Association at bay. The team is trying to find new footing, with the youngest generation of talent not yet showing the expected sparks, and those in their late 20s experiencing lower peaks than desired. Still anchoring the Finals memory of the team is 47 year old Nalo Makai, who will see limited DH appearances and is serving in more of a player-coach role.

Maklohi Vai National Baseball Team
Nickname: Lumai
Acronym: MKV
Home Field: Kamanakai Oa'a Pani Stadium
MANAGER: Arnao

SS #15 Riolai Komotai (S/R)
LF #38 Muno Lopakarai (R/R)
C #29 John Darren Jr. (R/R)
1B #14 Lokumao Tolokanapai (S/L)
3B #17 Esteban Gutierrez (R/R)
RF #35 Patrick Sullivan (R/R)
CF #36 Julian Lokumanai (L/L)
2B #12 Kai Walutani (R/R)
Pitcher's Spot

SS #15 Riolai Komotai (S/R)
LF #38 Muno Lopakarai (R/R)
C #29 John Darren Jr. (R/R)
1B #14 Lokumao Tolokanapai (S/L)
3B #17 Esteban Gutierrez (R/R)
RF #35 Patrick Sullivan (R/R)
CF #36 Julian Lokumanai (L/L)
DH #11 Nalo Makai (R/R)
2B #12 Kai Walutani (R/R)

#34 Rulo Mutukopuropai (RHP)
#22 Rukamo Wilapoturakai (LHP)
#30 Woluno Korukapakani (RHP)
#23 Peter Harrison (LHP)
#72 Luciano Rivera (LHP)

C/INF #22 Orlando Dominguez (R/R)
INF #18 Nalo Makai (R/R) DH in DH games
INF #21 Nabu Kola'atani (L/L)
OF #13 Lumo Wamoi (S/R)
OF #19 Kalumo Korumakapakani (R/R)

#47 Walo Torukapai (RHP) long relief
#57 Kalo Worunapalakai (RHP) mid relief
#43 Raúl Ureña (LHP) lefty specialist
#59 Yisrael Guisalbes (RHP) set-up
#78 Umuno Korakaparanai (LHP) set-up
#52 Moluko Purawakanakapai (LHP) 8th inning
#41 Kumo Nolupanokawani (RHP) Closer

Choose my run-scorers: Yes
Choose my lineup: No, follow my lineup posted above.
Follow my Pitching Rotation: Yes, follow the rotation posted above.
Godmod scoring events: No
RP injuries to my players: No
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Eject my players: Yes
DH used at home: No
Godmod other events: No death.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

People Who Have Issues
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby People Who Have Issues » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:56 pm

People Who Have Issues wrote:2.
"No, please, war isn't the answer," says General Flowers, a pacifist who has made some unusual career choices. "It says in this press release that Cassadaigua isn't confronted with daily issues. Maybe if we study their culture and their political systems we can learn how they do it."

@@RANDOMNAME@@ arrived in Concord Heights, collected @@HIS@@ luggage from the baggage claim, and took a taxi to a local hotel. @@HE@@ checked in and dropped off @@HIS@@ luggage in @@HIS@@ room, then debated what to do next.

Already @@HE@@ could tell that Cassadaigua was not like any place @@HE@@ had ever been before. When @@HE@@ wasn't sure what to do, people didn't pop up to offer suggestions and debate the possibilities. They just went on about their own business, leaving @@HIM@@ to @@HIS@@ own devices until @@HE@@ figured it out on @@HIS@@ own. It was uncanny and confusing, but also a little liberating. The streets were weirdly quiet and peaceful, with no gun-toting bigots barging into the middle of conversations that had nothing to do with them, nobody breaking down doors just to get into a room and offer unsolicited advice.

@@HE@@ washed up, put on some clean clothes, and went out to look around. It was strangely difficult deciding what to do when @@HE@@ was not being confronted by an ethical dilemma. @@HE@@ wasn't accustomed to this sort of open-ended decision-making where @@HE@@ had endless options instead of just 3 or 4, and there were no obvious consequences attached. @@HE@@ stood on the sidewalk, looking around dumbfounded, unable to make up @@HIS@@ mind. Someone asked him if @@HE@@ was lost, and @@HE@@ said, "No, I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do."

@@HE@@ realized @@HE@@ was hungry, but @@HE@@ had no idea where to eat. It was so hard to make decisions without anybody offering suggestions!

Eventually @@HE@@ wandered into a sports bar. The host asked if @@HE@@ wanted to sit at the bar or a table, and there was an awkward pause as @@HE@@ struggled to make up @@HIS@@ mind without the help of other people pointing out the pros and cons of each option. @@HE@@ sat at the bar so @@HE@@ could mingle with the local people. The bartender asked @@HIM@@ what @@HE@@ wanted and once again @@HE@@ froze up, mentally fumbling with too many options and not enough advice. The bartender saw @@HIS@@ hesitation and, much to @@RANDOMNAME@@'s relief, offered a few suggestions. @@RANDOMNAME@@ chose a brand of beer.

There was a baseball game on the TV in the bar, and the Cassadagan national team was mopping the floor with Melbergia. The local people were watching the game and talking among themselves. Their conversation had an odd back-and-forth quality that @@RANDOMNAME@@ had never encountered before. Rather than each person speaking once to explain their view, then moving on to the next speaker, the same two people could go back and forth for hours, responding to each other, clarifying what they meant, asking questions. @@RANDOMNAME@@ had never heard anything like it. @@HE@@ was curious to try it @@HIM@@self, but @@HE@@ didn't know how. Who should @@HE@@ talk to? What should @@HE@@ say to start the conversation? It was all so very confusing...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports