NATION

PASSWORD

Copa d'Aeia 2018 [Everything thread, Aeia only]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Navack
Envoy

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:07 am

Another Step Towards The Great Final

Navish players celebrating the second goal, the goal of qualification

Last monday, Navack assured its spot in the quarter-finals after defeating Hipasia by a 2-nil score. In an extremely tough game, Navack scared its fans as their performance was not like the last couple ones showed during the group phase. Navack had goals from Karsten Johansen and Nikódem Nesz, the biggest Navish striker with 5 goals. Now Navack will face Motsvara, who managed to win comfortably against Uwhistan. The Vestric team finished group stage in second place, with 4 points, -1 goal difference and only one win.

As for the game, balance is what describes it. For instance, the power shift within the game was visible, as Navack and Hipasia exchanged fierceful attacks, but both defenses showed their values. First half was a mid-field game, as both teams spent more time trying to control the ball than properly attacking. By the end of the first half, Navack had 3 shots at goal, with two reaching the destiny, while Hipasia had 5 shots, but only one reaching the goal.

During second half, however, the Arabekhi team got tired, as they were not as intense as they were during second half, which led to a Navish control of the mid-field. Coach Sannes focused his changes on giving the wings more velocity, thus opening the Hipasian defence and making it possible to Nesz and Johansen to infiltrate. Young Stefan Holstad substituted Brevig, making it a “technique for speed” sort of change in the right wing, Andreas Borseth replaced Kurt Murer and Runar Ree replaced Lizancos, renewing the ball work to Jørgen Hammer in the front. With those changes, Navack constantly pressured Hipasia, which kept a strong defensive line, almost unbreakable. But it was on the 90th minute when a fast sprint by Stefan Holstad put Karsten Johansen in front of the goal, scoring 1-0 to Navack. After a 6 minutes addition, Navack did not back up and kept pressuring Hipasia’s defence, and it was on the 90th minute + 6 when Nesz received a cross by Runar Ree and headed the ball right into the net, sealing the victory and the Navish qualification.

“It was a tough game,” said Runar Ree in the mixed zone after the match, “They fought hard and protected themselves with extreme quality. I’m happy we managed to win and even more that i could assist my colleague on his goal, which granted us our victory.” Odd Sannes also spoke after the match: “I’m proud of my boys. They fought till the last minute, and they brought us this victory today. They are focused and training hard to play their best and go the farther they can go.”

Navack’s next challege will be at the city of Mansley, against Motsvara. This match has been a trend topic, as the internet named it “father-son game,” referring to the times when Motsvara was a colony under the UKL. In this Lhedwinic clash, only one will end the day victorious, and the other will return home. Elhazia and Midrasia is a match to watch, so will be the hosts Salborga against an old Navish rival, Tyronova. However, the biggest game is, with no doubt, the Savaian derby between Ajerrin and the world champions New Timeria. May the 4 best teams stay alive in the competition.

Salborga
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Salborga » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:00 pm

THE THREAD IS CLOSED!!. ANY RP POSTS FROM NOW ON WILL COUNT FOR THE SEMI-FINAL MATCHES AT 24 JULY.

Salborga
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Match day 5 (Quarter-finals)

Postby Salborga » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:22 pm

COPA D'AEIA 2018 SALBORGA - QUARTER-FINAL RESULTS

ELHAZIA 1-2 MIDRASIA

SALBORGA STADIUM, ASVARD

NEW TIMERIA 4-4 (5-5 AET) (3-4 Pen.) AJERRIN

ASVARD STADIUM, ASVARD

SALBORGA 2-4 TYRONOVA

FUTURE ARENA, CALDERNEY

NAVACK 5-1 MOTSVARA

MANSLEY STADIUM, MANSLEY

BRACKET (CLICK SPOILER)

Midrasia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Midrasia » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:24 am

Maurice Harolde
@Maurice_Harolde

Good 2-1 win. We've got a real challenge in Ajerrin coming up though. Can't let it slip away. #Copa2018

7:12 pm - 21 Jul 2018

145Rechirps302Likes

Fake Pere Clar
@L'Unique

After the match I told Simone 'good job'. He said 'it was all your doing boss.' Of course, it was, who else would it be?!? #Copa2018

7:34 pm - 21 Jul 2018

4.3kRechirps5.2kLikes

Melcion Portas Image
@OfficialPortas

Magnificent performance from the team to get to the semi-finals. You have done the nation proud! I know it will be a tough challenge against Ajerrin, but I'm sure we can pull through. #Mydrazia #Copa2018

8:14 pm - 21 Jul 2018

21kRechirps37kLikes

Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki
Charles Vauban - IIWiki featured article (October 2017)
Pere Clar - IIWiki featured article (September 2019)

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Ajerrin » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:18 am

Queen Lani
@AjerrinsQueen

Once again we continue to prove the Ajerri can compete on the world stage! Amazing performance from everyone! Go SHARKS!

#Copa2018 #Ajerrin #Sharks

RECHIRPSFAVOURITE
102k RECHIRPS164.5k FAVOURITES
11:59 am - Fri 22 July

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Ajerrin » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:43 pm

An Interview With Nailunani Lala Before The Semi-Finals

ANN News
Sponsored By

Top Headlines
Royal Boxes in Shark
Stadium Are Packed

=====
Backbencher voices
continue to grow

=====
Developments on smaller
islands clog village roads

=====
Eldermen continue to push for improved
healthcare on local islands

Nailunani Lala has been one of the most outstanding players in the Copa d’Aeia. Lala earned a Man of the Match performance after he and the Sharks beat out New Timeria in a 4-3 penalty kicks win.

The 25-year old, who joined the Sharks from Northern Sky prior to his play on the Sharks, made team history as he became the third person - with Ola the second - to score more than six goals before the Final Four. However, Shark manager Fiiftia Sitake feels Lala can still improve.

“It was completely different today to the things he is used to. The international circuit brings a different tone, and he has succeed so far,” Sitake said on Friday.

Q: You were selected by the Sharks after playing three years in the KFL, How did it feel to have your name called to the big stage?

A: It was a dream come true. Since I was a little kid I’ve dreamed of being up on that podium with the scarf around my neck, so it was exciting and I tried to keep the nerves down and give a good speech.

Q: The Sharks changed their overall style, adding specialized players like Makana Keaunui and Iokua Hina. How does this change contribute to the development of the team?

A: I think it plays a huge role, because over the Spring you want to be as sharp as possible but the team had to relearn some of the classic movements before moving to the specifics of our form. I think being on a good team with Mano and a lot of the other guys from the KFL like Ola, Iwalan, Keona, Alana… They help you stay sharp and respect the process.

Q: You were a three-year starter at the Northern Sky, contributing at least 12-plus total goals and assists per season. How were you able to produce so consistently in a tough environment?

A: I think day in, day out making sure you get better. We have a great culture here. Whether it’s in practice or recovery, you always have to keep pushing yourself to be the best you can be.

Q: What was the best part of playing with the team?

A: I think just the grit and determination of all the guys wanting to get better. You needed to have your A game or you’d be one of the worst players and you don’t want that. So, you push yourself and strive to make everyone better going into the season. They also play a style that’s all about getting to the goal and scoring so as a striker it's an enjoyable style of play.

In the semi-final round the Sharks will play the Midraisian Reds who own three shutouts along with destroying Chalcia 7-0 in the Round of 16.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:07 am

Marcel Belou

Home · Copa 2018 · Liga 1 · Liga 2 · Transfers · Tennis · Rugby · Basketball · Motorsport

Can the semi-final curse be broken?
The team celebrates as Lazare scores to send Midrasia through to the semi-finals with a 2-1 win

With Midrasia progressing to the semi-finals of the 2018 Copa d'Aeia following a close 2-1 win over Elhazia, many across the nation are beginning to ask, is 2018 the year that the semi-final curse will finally be broken?

For the past two years both in Midrasia, then Navack and Crylante, Midrasia finished third in the tournament, progressing to the semi-finals before being beaten. Many have put these results down to fatigue setting in within the Midrasian team, which tends to play a much more high-octane pressing style of football compared with their rivals. Coach Clar however, states that he is confident the team will give a good performance and has the ability to beat the Ajerri side, but it will be a challenge.

Midrasia's quarter-final clash with Elhazia was a close fought game, much more than the casual observer would have expected. The Midrasian side lined up with their typical starting XI, though interestingly, both Qualquart and Albret were pushed forward into more attacking positions, to assist Lazare, who played more of a false 9. Meanwhile, the Elhazian team lined up very defensively, as they had done so throughout much of the tournament. Their lineup sought to prevent forward passing between the wingers and strikers, man marking to a tee and isolating Lazare up front. This posture worked well throughout the first half, with a Midrasian corner in the 40th-minute landing at the feet of an Elhazian defender, allowing the team to break away with little resistance, opening the scoring at 1-0 to Elhazia. For the remainder of the first half, the Elhazian team sat back, preventing any attack, leading the score to stay stable at 1-0 by the half-time whistle.

The Midrasian team emerged determined in the second half however, buoyed by the half-time team talk by both Clar and Hadrien. A change in tactics was also in order, with captain Hadrien pushing up further to assist in offensive action. Basile Chevalier was also subbed off in favour of Silvestre Satorras. As the next 45 minutes began, the Midrasian team pushed high, stretching the defensive Elhazian team to the limit. Many Midrasian fans accused the Elhazians of attempting to 'park the bus', by playing nearly 6 men at the back and lying deep whenever Midrasia had the ball. In the 64th minute however, striker Lazare was through on goal before he was fouled in the box, giving Midrasia a penalty. Step up Simone Qualquart to slot the ball home to make it 1-1, game on. With time ticking away it looked increasingly likely that the match would go into extra-time, though in the 87th minute, a brilliant counter-attack saw Midrasia break with three men, Albret sprinting ahead with the ball, assisted by Qualquart and Lazare. With a pass to Lazare and a one-two with Qualquart, Lazare, who has been somewhat starved of goals this tournament compared with his previous appearances, made it 2-1 to Midrasia and send the team through to the semi-finals.

With Midrasia through to the semi-finals and facing an Ajerrin side, potentially tired off of the back of a tough-fought game against Timeria, which finished 4-4 in normal time, 5-5 in extra-time and led the match to be decided on penalties. Manager Clar has stated this should give Midrasia a "psychological advantage". Clar stated in a press conference earlier today, "You see this Ajerrin team, they will be tired, muscles aching after such a long and arduous game. Sure we can thank them yesterday for getting rid of Timeria, but today we say...uh uh, not gonna happen." Captain Robert Hadrien has been more cautious in his attitude towards the match, suggesting that it will be a "tough and hard-fought game. We cannot back down, because we can be sure they won't." The last time Midrasia won the Copa d'Aeia was 2014, but questions are now rising over whether the team can progress through the semi-finals which they have failed to do now on two occasions, finishing third in both tournaments. Speaking on this, Clar stated: "For sure we can do it. You look at 2016, many decisions went against us, the referee, I do not know what he was doing, then in 2017 we were tired, playing...2? Yes 2 matches into extra time. This is no good at this stage when you have played much football non stop. I see if you look now, we are in the strongest position for a long time to be able to get into the final."

In other news
Tyronova v Navack
Liga 1 to be rebranded?
Olympique looking to poach Timerian star Ryu
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:20 am

Midrasian National Team Image
@LesVermelhs

Starting line-up for game against Ajerrin #Mydrazia #Copa2018

7:18 pm - 24 Jul 2018

1.2kRechirps3kLikes

Robert Clot
@DrClot

C'mon Midrasia, let's paint Salborga RED! #Mydrazia #Copa2018

7:20 pm - 24 Jul 2018

420Rechirps666Likes

Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Navack
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:46 am

Navack ball
@NAVball_Official

Tyronova crosses our path once again... Will they ever get tired of losing agaonst us?#NavackFF #Copa2018 #Copa2018 #NAVTYR

3:32 pm - 24 Jul 2018

31kRechirps45kLikes

Navak Fotballklubb Image
@NFF_Official

Congratulations to Navack! We fought hard and we closer to our biggest goal - the world cul! #NavackFF #Copa2018 #Copa2018 #NAVTYR

3:31 pm - 24 Jul 2018

9kRechirps15kLikes

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:55 am

Marcel Belou

Home · Copa 2018 · Liga 1 · Liga 2 · Transfers · Tennis · Rugby · Basketball · Motorsport

An evening with Sabon
We sit down with former Midrasian captain Henri Sabon to chat about his hopes for the team ahead of their semi-final clash with Ajerrin
The following is an exerpt from a progam which took place earlier today on Démarrer TV. To watch live coverage of the game, tune in to Démarrer TV. Or for text updates, click here.

Antos: Good evening, and welcome to Démarrer Talk Sport, the ultimate pre-match discussion show for the 2018 Copa d'Aeia, i'm Jolian Antos. This edition of Talk Sport is sponsored by Alleronde Sport, for all your footballing needs. Tonight I'm joined by two legends of the international game. The first is one of the most prolific Midrasian players of all time, having lifted the Copa himself back in 2014 and captained the team on many occasions, please welcome Henri Sabon!

Sabon: Thanks, it's great to be here.

Antos: Also joining me is a man who knows all too well what the pressure is like at this stage in the tournament, having suffered through it himself. It could very well have been him down there tonight. Please welcome former Midrasian national team manager Klaes Van Emerick!

Emerick: Good evening.

Antos:Now, Henri, I want to start with you. You should know all too well what it's like being at this stage. Can you tell us the feeling you get when you walk out on to the pitch on this stage?

Sabon: Yeah, its tough, your chest firms up, you've got all the supporters, the team, the manager around you. Yeah its tough, but you get over that very quickly, and you get a rush of adrenaline and you're off.

Antos: It must be tough though, to know how high the stakes are, and how much this means to those watching?

Sabon: Of course, but you thrive on that, you push through and it spurs you on.

Antos: Of course, we all know it will be tough against Ajerrin, they managed to rid the tournament of Timeria, do you think they can do it?

Sabon: Yeah, course. They've got the skill, the drive. Speaking to some of the boys down there, they're certainly up for it, and I can't see them backing down. They just have to give it all they've got and I'm sure they will get it.

Antos: Now, we've obviously talked a lot about the players, but I think we also need to give credit to the manager, how much of this do you think is down to him?

Sabon: Yeah, he's done a great job. Pere is a big personality, and he's certainly put his mark on this team. He drives them. Yes i'm sure he's tough, Robert can probably tell you about that from his days with Internationale, but he is also good at getting the best out of players and making sure they live up to their potential.

Antos: So, looking to the other game, Tyronova and Navack, you're thoughts?

Sabon: Navack are certainly a strong side. They've certainly shown it for the past few years now. A tough, efficient, young, growing side that deserves to be here with the top teams. If I were a betting man, my money would go on them. Having said that though, I don't think we should write off Tyronova. They have a real chance to make history, and with that fire in their belly, i'm sure they can accomplish the stuff of dreams.

Antos: And finally, the question that's on everyone's lips. You yourself have lifted the trophy back in 2014, and you were in the squad that won the 2009 tournament. Can Midrasia do it again?

Sabon: It'll be tough, definitely. But I don't see why not. I think this is our best chance so far to bring it home. The trouble is getting to the final first. But as I said earlier, with drive and determination, you can accomplish anything. First we have to deal with Ajerrin though, and that's where i'm sure the team and manager's focus lies now. No talk of trophies, just the match tonight.

In other news
Ones to watch next season in Liga 1
Do Tyronova stand a chance?
New Stadium for Châteauloup?
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Salborga
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Salborga » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:00 pm

THE THREAD IS CLOSED!!. ANY RP POSTS FROM NOW ON WILL COUNT FOR THE THIRD-PLACE MATCH AND FINAL AT 28 AND 29 JULY.
Last edited by Salborga on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salborga
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Match day 6 (Semi-finals)

Postby Salborga » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:30 pm

COPA D'AEIA 2018 SALBORGA - SEMI-FINAL RESULTS

MIDRASIA 5-0 AJERRIN

FUTURE ARENA, CALDERNEY

TYRONOVA 0-1 NAVACK

ASVARD STADIUM, ASVARD

BRACKET (CLICK SPOILER)

Navack
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:59 pm

Navack ball
@NAVball_Official

WOWOWOWOWOWO Navack and Midrasia?!?!?! Biggest aeian derby? Yes or yes?#NavackFF #Copa2018 #Copa2018 #NAVMID

5:32 pm - 24 Jul 2018

31kRechirps45kLikes

Navak Fotballklubb Image
@NFF_Official

Navack advanced! Now our team shall face an old adversary: Midrasia! The whole nation will be cheering to our brave team! #NavackFF #Copa2018 #Copa2018 #NAVMID

5:31 pm - 24 Jul 2018

9kRechirps15kLikes

[/quote]

Navack
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Navak Fotballklubb Image
@NFF_Official

The Navish Football Federation presented today the national team's third uniform! The NFF presents, the Svart Juvel#NavackFF #Copa2018 #Copa2018 #NAVMID

5:53 pm - 24 Jul 2018

9kRechirps15kLikes

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:21 pm

Melcion Portas Image
@OfficialPortas

Congratulations to the team for making it past the semi-finals, now to bring it home, Come on! #Cursebroken #Copa2018

10:11 pm - 24 Jul 2018

45kRechirps72kLikes

Fake Pere Clar
@L'Unique

Of course I broke the semi-final curse, who else would? Piece of cake. @OddSannes don't come to Asvard next weekend #Cursebroken #Copa2018

10:15 pm - 24 Jul 2018

9.8kRechirps12.2kLikes

Claude Foucault Image
@MF_Foucault

5-0, take that you Kawangueux! #Mydrazia #Copa2018

10:16 pm - 24 Jul 2018

8.2kRechirps10.4kLikes

Arnaud Rice
@ARice85

@MF_Foucault Did you seriously just say that?!? #NotoRacism #Foucault

10:19 pm - 24 Jul 2018

436Rechirps746Likes

Last edited by Midrasia on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Navack
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:50 pm

Will Navack break a 10 years fast?

Navish players celebrating after theend of the game

Today was a night of celebrations to the host’s neighbor. After winning against Motsvara by 5-1 in the quarter-finals and Tyronova by 1-0 in the semi-finals, Navack made it to the great final of the 2018 Copa d’Aeia against Midrasia. It has been 10 years since Navack last title, in the 2008 Copa d’Aeia. Now, what is keeping Navack from the cup is the strong team of Midrasia, who broke the “third place curse” and it is hungry for victory.

Navack’ semi-final game against Tyronova was a close fought clash. Both teams are old adversaries, having Navack x Tyronova one of the most classical derbies in Asura. Navack and Tyronova met 2 time in the last 2 copas, with a draw in the group stage of 2016, and a Navish victory in the round of 16 in 2017. This year, both Lhedwinics and Almannics met at the semi-finals for an extremely balanced clash. Even though Navack dominated the game during the first 25 minutes, Tyronova was able to tire the Lhedwinic and counter-attack with quality, scaring the Purples in many opportunities. Both defenses showed their virtues as both offenses were struggling to open the marker.

However, the first goal came after a penalty committed by a Tyronovan defender over Jørgen Hammer, who was infiltrating the goal area by the left. Nikódem Nesz was the one in charge for the penalty, scoring 1-0 for Navack at the 67th minute. With this goal, Nesz is the Navish striker in the competition with 7 scored goals. Tyronova even got to pressure Navack during the final moments, as the Purples decided to back up and save energy. After fighting hard against the Almannic fire, Navack won the game by a simple 1-nil and classified to the great final of the Copa d’Aeia.

After the game, coach Odd Sannes said: “I’m proud of these boys. They deserve to play this final after all what they’ve done. You can be sure it is going to be a beautiful event, with our supporters and our hard work, we will do our best and seek for the victory.” After an amazing performance, goalkeeper Ken Bruer also talked after game: “We are all extremely happy and excited about this! It’s the dream of every player, and now we have the chance to live this, to be part of this big dream shared by 15 million people!”

Now Navack’s last challenge is the powerful Midrasian team. To many the best team in the competition, Midrasia is going to the final game with its confidence boosted after breaking the so called “third place curse.” Both teams are considered powerhouses in Aeia, with Liga 1 and INFL constantly disputing places as the best domestic league. On the 29th, there will be 7 world championships in dispute – Navack has the chance to become the only tetra champion aside Midrasia. On the other side, Midrasia has the chance to become the sole on only Penta champion in Aeia.

In the last two official matches between both teams, the balance is visible: a Midrasian victory in the third-place match in 2016, a surprising Navish victory by 4-0 in the first game of the 2017 Copa, and the 2017 quarter-finals match, where Midrasia won by a 5-4 score AET. Now, Navack will surely fight to pay back their elimination in 2017. Stay tuned for the match of the year! May the best be named the world champion of 2018!

Crylante
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 06, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crylante » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:33 am

Liana Vescovi
@lianaVescoviReform

I hope our Lhedwinic brother to the north does better than we did.#Copa2018

07:40pm - 08/07/18

10298Rechirps9182Likes

Crylantian Federation
Social democratic confederation of Latin-Danes, Danes and Finns.
IIWiki
Democratic socialist, green and British federalist
Economic Left/Right: -6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:16 am

Henri Luvoux

MIDRASIA FIRST LEADER UNDER FIRE FOR RACIST CHIRP

Mr Foucalt indicated that he had no idea the term he used was deeply offensive
towards Ajerris

Lotrič, Midrasia - Midrasia First leader Claude Foucault has come under fire for racist language he used on the online messaging service Chirper. The chirp came after Midrasia's 5-0 win over Ajerrin in the 2018 Copa d'Aeia, putting the team into the final of the tournament. The message, which has since been removed read: "5-0, take that you Kawanguex!', Kawangeux being a racist term used to refer to the Kawanakan people which make up the majority of the Ajerri people. Mr Foucault has since defended his actions, stating that "there was no intent" behind them and that he had "no idea the term was so deeply offensive". Since then, Mr Foucault has been temporarily suspended from Chirper, whilst a number of groups, notably the Society of Ajerri Expats in Midrasia, who have called for Mr Foucault to resign. On the contrary, a number of people have since come out in support for the Midrasia First leader, calling the chirp "a joke" and stating that this outrage is all much ado about nothing.

The term 'Kawangeux' has a long history, though its origins come from the early Midrasian colonisation of Savai when the term came into usage to refer to the native inhabitants of the easternmost section of the continent. The term, derived from Kawanaka initially described Ajerri's as unclean, beggars and dullards. This combined with the Oriental Companies' kidnapping of Kawankan people as forced labour for a select number of colonies within the region led the term to be greatly resented by many of the Ajerri people. This was only further emboldened when the term entered popular discourse through the great migrations to Midrasia which took place in the first half of the twentieth century. Speaking on the matter, a spokesperson for Ajerri expats in Midrasia stated: "This horribly racist language has no place in modern Midrasia, let alone coming out of the mouth of one of its elected politicians. Today Midrasians and Ajerris stand hand in hand as equals, this sort of language and attitude does nothing but divide and exclude others. I call for all upstanding citizens to condemn the actions of Mr Foucault, and I will be personally calling for his resignation as an elected Senator." After the suspension of Mr Foucault's Chirper account, a representative from the site issued a statement: "We here at Chirper have a zero-tolerance policy towards online racist abuse. As a result, we have suspended Mr Foucalt's account, pending review."
The Chirp in question

Many however are choosing to stand by Mr Foucault, with a spokesperson from Midrasia First stating that the Chirp was made "in jest" and "was not directed at any member of the Ajerri community". Additionlly, the party representative also went on to state: "This is such a none issue, Mr Foucault stated that he had no idea the term was so offensive and was made unintentionally. This is just another example of the social justice warriors and liberal elites in our society and media trying to enforce their agenda of political correctness. As free Midrasian citizens, we have the right to free speech, to say anything we like, whatever it may be." Despite the suggestion that Mr Foucault's comments fall under the Constitution's Free Speech Clause, it is entirely possible that Mr Foucault could be charged under the Public Order Act of 1994 which prohibits the incitement of racial hatred. No such charges have yet been made, and the Ajerri government and football team is yet to make a statement on the matter; though the Society of Ajerri Expats in Midrasia has stated that it is "considering its options."

In other news
Excitement grows as Midrasia head towards Copa final
Patrols heighten as guerilla fighters continue struggle in Veleaz
A look into reconstruction efforts in Perpignan
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Navack
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:31 pm

Biography: Nikódem Nesz

Nikódem Nesz celebrating his goal against Tyronova

It was in Jakóbragd where the Nikódem Nesz, the newest Navish star, was born. The first Ostric player in the history of the Navish team comes from a middle-class family, with deep roots within the separatist movement. However, such conditions were not in the way of Nesz passion for the Navish football. Since he was five years old, Nikódem showed big affection for Bersk SK, even though he played for the local team Jakóbgrad FC.

Speaking of which, when he was seven years old, Nesz was invited to play in the Jakóbgrad FC youth team. While playing for the local team, he quickly became a star, scoring goals and making it seem easy. For many times, Nesz was the top scorer striker in the leagues he played, and by the age of 16 he was called to play for Høulding SK, in Navack. However, he was not allowed to play until he completed 18 years old, so he moved to Høulding, were he practiced with the professional senior team of one of the biggest teams in Asura. During those two years, Nesz amazed everyone who watched him play, and as soon as he completed 18, he was soon promoted to the starting XI.

As a Høulding player, Nesz became one of the top scorers in the team history, with an average of 1,6 goals per match. While playing for Høulding, Nesz won 2 INFL titles in 6 years, being runner-up in other 3 occasions. Nesz started to become a national celebrity, and soon enough, a global star. The boy from Ostry became famous and know for his thirsty for goals. In 2017, after being Runners-up in the INFL, Nesz received a proposition to play for New Hope FC, one of the top tier teams in Ajerrin.

Nesz was called by Odd Sannes in 2018 to represent Navack in the Copa, not sure what the son of separatists would say, but luckily enough, he accepted. Nowadays, Nesz is part of the starting XI, playing as a Forward. Navack qualified to the final of 2018 Copa d’Aeia and will decide against Midrasia in the 29th. Nikódem Nesz is the biggest Navish striker so far, with 7 scored goals in 6 played games. Old names in the Navish team like Karsten Johansen and Christer Brevig believe that Nesz has the skill to become the greatest Navish player of all time. Stay tuned to see the “Ostric Thunder” on Sunday the 29th, live from Asvard in the Copa d’Aeia 2018 final
Last edited by Navack on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salborga
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Salborga » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:59 am

THE THREAD IS CLOSED!!. ANY RP POSTS FROM NOW ON WILL COUNT FOR THE FINAL AT 29 JULY.

Salborga
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Match day 7 (Third place match)

Postby Salborga » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:30 pm

COPA D'AEIA 2018 SALBORGA - THIRD PLACE MATCH RESULT

AJERRIN 1-0 TYRONOVA

MANSLEY STADIUM, MANSLEY

BRACKET (CLICK SPOILER)

Last edited by Salborga on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:13 am

Marcel Belou

Midrasia blast past Ajerrin to Final
The team celebrate as they slot five past Ajerrin in the semi-finals

The Midrasian national football team has secured their place in the final of the 2018 Copa d'Aeia after completely obliterating Ajerrin within their semi-final clash; managing to score past the Savaian giants. Now, in their first final since 2014 when the team won the tournament, Midrasia will have to do the same to Asuran rivals Navack if they wish to become the first five-time champion of the Copa d'Aeia. Winning every game thus far in the tournament and storming to victories throughout, sometimes with margins of up to 7 goals; and with Simone Qualquart being the tournament's top scorer; Midrasia are certainly the bookie's favourites to win the Copa. Navack, however, have had a good run thus far, in spite of drawing their opening match of the tournament with the Mardin Isles 4-4. If the minuscule island nation can give the Navish a run for their money then the Midrasians should feel confident that the Navish can be beaten.

In their game against Ajerrin, the Midrasian team was electrifyingly producing immensely powerful and succinctly flowing attacks that caught the Ajerri defence unawares. Whilst the team were also able to defend to the best of their ability; tracking back, man marking, pressing players and swiftly switching the ball back to the offensive. The match itself was described as "one of the greatest performances of the Midrasian national team ever" by noted football pundit Marcel Belou. The team absolutely decimated their rivals, who had just previously dispatched of previous champions Timeria in a close 5-5 draw which was decided on penalties. Though Ajerrin could be seen to have been tired out from their previous clash, the Midrasians left nothing to chance, hoping to do away with the semi-final curse in style.

The match opened with a lightning-quick Midrasian attack which quickly caught the Ajerri's unaware. After several minutes of play, the Midrasians went one up, courtesy of a goal by striker Enzo Lazare. They would not have to wait long for a second goal with captain Hadrien winning a free-kick twenty-five yards out which soon found its way into the back of the Ajerri net. By the 40th minute, Midrasia had bagged two more goals to make it 4-0, courtesy of Lazare again and Simone Qualquart. Midrasia had utterly dominated the match in the first half, putting shame to an Ajerri side which had done so well in this tournament. There looked to be no end to Midrasia's dominance and swiftness in their game, whilst the Ajerri side appeared tired and already beaten.

In the second half, the Midrasian team took their foot off of the gas in an attempt to save their energy, though the Ajerri side failed to look threatening, creating very few chances and being unable to play the ball through. In the 64th minute, the Midrasian team were able to score another, taking the total to 5-0 courtesy of a David Hevré header. With that, it seemed that the Ajerri side gave up hope of progressing, with a select number of players attempting half-hearted pushes into the Midrasian area with little support from their teammates. Despite a few substitutions and the manager attempting to rile his players back into the game, the sharks seemed destined to go out, with the final whistle providing relief more than pain for the side.

Whilst the Ajerri team mourned their departure, jubilations rung out through the Midrasian supporters and team, as the news they were headed to the final became reality. A frenzy of celebration rung out in red across the stadium, with the 2018 Copa now posing as Midrasia's best opportunity to date to lift the trophy once again. The spectacular performance of the team throughout the Copa, netting 25 goals and only conceeding two throughout the entire tournament certainly puts Midrasia in the driving seat going into the final. The entire nation now appears to be behind the team's drive to lift the Copa d'Aeia, but everybody knows it will not be easy against the Navish.

Tune into Démarrer for all up-to-date news stories about the Copa d'Aeia, and to watch the final.
Come on Midrasia!

In other news
Did Navack have an easy route to the final?
Viktor Lizancos: The most hated man in Midrasia?
Why some Ostrics are cheering for Midrasia this Copa
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:56 am

Marcel Belou

Profile: Pere Clar
We take a look behind how Pere Clar turned a downtrodden Midrasian team into worldbeaters
The ubiquitous image of Pere Clar is known across the footballing world, but what truly was Clar's
influence behind Midrasia's high-flying performances?

Behind all of the drama, mind games, outbursts and fake Chirper posts lies a man whose life and passion for the sport he plays is second to none. A man whose tactical knowledge and coaching expertise has managed to craft a thus far unbeaten Midrasian side in a tournament where most were expecting the team to flounder. Pere Clar has fashioned a world beating Midrasian side which is now just one step away from Copa glory.

There should have been no serious doubts about Clar coming into the role as Midrasian manager following Van Emerick's resignation in 2017. Clar was man with a clear footballing pedigree, even if he may not have made it as a player. Clar has been a managerial talent ever since his early days with Laterna Cardinaux, rescuing a floundering Liga 4 team on the brink of financial ruin and earning promotion to Liga 3. Winning multiple titles with Benedormo, Internationale, and Port Rikhdin KS, nobody should have doubted Clar's ability, though the Midrasia job can do that to managers. Van Emerick was a great, if quite traditional, manager with one of the strongest Midrasian sides in history at his disposal, and whilst the team certainly performed very well, the high standards of the job, and the ever-present press ensured he could no longer handle it.

Enter Pere Clar, inheriting a Midrasian team dealing with the loss of many of its star players through either retirement or injury. The departure of Henri Sabon, captain, regista, and all around midfield magician. A lack of defensive options was also a clear hole in the squad, with the team having to swap out its back 4 for whatever worked at the time in 2017. The team had a lot of big shoes to fill, and public perceptions were that the golden generation of Midrasian football was done for. Who knew we could have been so wrong.

Whilst Midrasia's international friendly performances left much to be desired, they were very much part of a process of growing pains for the new side, of chopping and changing the formula until it stuck and worked. This also involved forging new partnerships and discovering new young talent on the rise. So when it came to the team list for the 2018 Copa, there were certainly a few surprises. Jerome Albret, the 21 year old was a surprise first-team starter, pushed further forward and replacing Jacques Joulles at left-wing. Enzo Lazare was dropped into a false 9 role, putting much offensive emphasis on the wings than the striker's natural goal poaching ability. Robert Hadrien was moved to central-defensive-midfield, filling in the shoes of Sabon, whilst also taking the captains armband. Meanwhile, in defence Robert Nieué filled in for the retiring Marcus Tiboru; and Nicolas Olivier swapped out for Éric Loupe.

A few new faces also made it on to the team sheet this season, with Rubèn Regàs, Patrice Crozier, Mattieu Neri and perhaps most important of all, Silvestre Satorras making their way into the team. Apart from Albret, Satorras has been the find of the tournament for Midrasia, playing the perfect central midfielder, able to feed out to the wing, get back to defend, and also scoring when it counts. The Châteauloup player may soon find himself on the transfer market for a big-money move in the future. Though whilst we can sit and discuss about the numerous tactical and personnel changes, the man at the helm and behind it all was the one to thank. Clar drilled into the team a new sense of unity unmatched by previous star-studded Midrasian lineups. And though the Midrasian team still undoubtedly possesses world-class talent, and some up-and-coming stars, those egos took a back seat to a team able to perform as a powerful and unmatched unit. This was the result of hours of intense training, gamesmanship but also of socialising and creating a positive collectivist attitude, over one focused on the inherent talent of a select few.

Now with only the final hurdle in the way, Midrasia have the chance to once again lift the Copa d'Aeia, becoming the first team to win the tournament a grand total of five times. Navack too have been an outstanding team at this years' Copa, and beating them will be no easy task. Though if anyone can do it, it is this Midrasian side. The golden generation, born out of the death of another one.

In other news
Can Qualquart be man of the moment in the final?
Thousands of Midrasians flood into Salborga for final
Record profits for bars across country
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:01 am

Melcion Portas Image
@OfficialPortas

Good luck to the team tonight! Let's get that last win! We're all behind you. #Mydrazia #Copa2018

6:11 pm - 29 Jul 2018

24kRechirps38kLikes

Fake Pere Clar
@L'Unique

It's time to get what I rightfully deserve #MYDvNAV #Copa2018

6:59 pm - 29 Jul 2018

12kRechirps16.2kLikes

Maurice Harolde
@Maurice_Harolde

All right and ready, family all over for the final. Just got to win now for the best day ever. #MYDvNAV #Copa2018

7:02 pm - 29 Jul 2018

22Rechirps45Likes

Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Navack
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:40 am

Navack ball
@NAVball_Official

The time is coming, boiiiiis! Get ready, Midrasia, we gonna use you tonight, hihihihi#NavackFF #Copa2018 #NAVMID

3:32 pm - 29 Jul 2018

31kRechirps45kLikes

Navak Fotballklubb Image
@NFF_Official

The team for todaay's game will be the same which played the sime-finals: #1 Ken Bruer; #5 Kurt Murer; #2Rolf Moen; #3 Marius Rokhaug; #6 Ernest Mossing; #14 Viktor Lizancos; #19 Vegbar Nerby; #7 Jørgen Hammer; #10 Karsten Johansen; #11 Christer Brevig; #9 Nikódem Nesz. #NavackFF #Copa2018 #Copa2018 #NAVMID

4:31 pm - 29 Jul 2018

9kRechirps15kLikes

[tab=1]
Last edited by Navack on Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports