NATION

PASSWORD

Copa d'Aeia 2018 [Everything thread, Aeia only]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elhazia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Elhazia » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:19 am

HM Queen Katarina
@HMKatarina

The next match is very important for Elhazian people. We will all watch you and support you, our heroes.#GoElhazia

16:18 pm - 11 07 2018

7702Rechirps16252Likes

Image)
Last edited by Elhazia on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aleia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 27, 2013
Libertarian Police State

Postby Aleia » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:10 am

A.J. Yeléren
@AJ091993

go foresters! every fan in aleia is cheering for you! #Aleia #Copa2018

11:32 pm - 11 Jul 2018

31Rechirps65Likes

Timofei Henrik Kalvel Image
@KalvelPM

The members of the Aleian Assembly wish its team a swift victory tomorrow evening. #Foresters #Copa2018

09:34 pm - 11 Jul 2018

9,212Rechirps5,439Likes

Last edited by Aleia on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mardin Isles
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mardin Isles » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:00 am

Aongus Ó Lunaigh Image
@AonghusÓLunaigh

On behalf of the Mardic government, I extend by best wishes and the best of luck to the boys tonight! #LaochraAbú #MAIDRE

4:21 pm - 12 July 2018

745Rechirps1.3KLikes

Seán Ó Ruairc
@oruairc79

If we win or draw we get to the knockouts for the first time ever, jesus #LaochraAbú

12:14 pm - 12 July 2018

9Rechirps39Likes

Cathal Ó Naoidheanáin
@CathalON332

If we lose to them after Navack beat them 7-0 I'll be pissed #MAIDRE

5:14 pm - 12 July 2018

14Rechirps26Likes

An Aralt Image
@AnAralt

Ó Coille nets two to decisively send Kagon out of the #CopaDAeia - #MAIKAG 3-0 aralt.ma/GBS3XPq

1:19 am - 9 July 2018

114Rechirps509Likes

Art Ó Dala Image
@OifigiuilODala

We can feel the support from back home, it's incredible. Thank you so much! #LaochraAbú

9:14 pm - 11 July 2018

1.3KRechirps2.8KLikes

Salborga
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Salborga » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:59 am

THE THREAD IS CLOSED!!. ANY RP POSTS FROM NOW ON WILL COUNT FOR THE ROUND OF 16 MATCHES AT 16 JULY.

Salborga
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Match day 3 (Group stage)

Postby Salborga » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:28 pm

COPA D'AEIA 2018 - MATCH DAY 3

GREEN: Advance to knockout stage
RED: Eliminated

Group A

Morsrige 1-5 Salborga
Vvarden 1-0 Democratic Federation
# Team                   Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Vvarden 3 3 0 0 5 1 +4 9
2 Salborga 3 1 0 2 8 6 +2 3

3 Democratic Federation 3 1 0 2 4 5 −1 3
4 Morsrige 3 1 0 2 3 8 −5 3

Group B

Sarerdia 0-2 Crylante
Aleia 0-1 Elhazia
# Team                  Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Crylante 3 3 0 0 5 1 +4 9
2 Elhazia 3 2 0 1 3 2 +1 6

3 Aleia 3 1 0 2 1 2 −1 3
4 Sarerdia 3 0 0 3 0 4 −4 0

Group C

Naharin 0-3 Midrasia
Transcandar 0-1 Indragiri
1 Midrasia 3 3 0 0 11 1 +10 9
2 Indragiri 3 2 0 1 2 4 −2 6

3 Transcandar 3 0 1 2 1 5 −4 1
4 Naharin 3 0 1 2 0 4 −4 1

Group D

Kodesh 0-1 Tyronova
Renneque 1-1 Chalcia
1 Tyronova 3 2 1 0 5 3 +2 7
2 Chalcia 3 1 2 0 5 4 +1 5

3 Renneque 3 1 1 1 3 2 +1 4
4 Kodesh 3 0 0 3 0 4 −4 0

Group E

Tangkuo 1-5 New Timeria
Hipasia 4-2 Hergemoth
1 New Timeria 3 2 1 0 14 6 +8 7
2 Hipasia 3 1 2 0 10 8 +2 5

3 Tangkuo 3 1 1 1 5 6 −1 4
4 Hergemoth 3 0 0 3 2 11 −9 0

Group F

Kagon 1-3 Navack
Mardin Isles 0-0 Dreyvisevich
1 Navack 3 2 1 0 14 5 +9 7
2 Mardin Isles 3 1 2 0 7 4 +3 5

3 Dreyvisevich 3 1 1 1 1 7 −6 4
4 Kagon 3 0 0 3 1 7 −6 0

Group G

Motsvara 2-2 Ajerrin
Arzvan Republic 2-1 Isolaprugna
1 Ajerrin 3 2 1 0 13 2 +11 7
2 Motsvara 3 1 1 1 3 4 −1 4

3 Arzvan Republic 3 1 0 2 2 5 −3 3
4 Isolaprugna 3 1 0 2 3 10 −7 3

Group H

Uwhistan 3-1 Bevenia
Brilliania 1-1 Cuirpthe
1 Uwhistan 3 2 1 0 5 1 +4 7
2 Cuirpthe 3 1 2 0 4 2 +2 5

3 Brilliania 3 0 2 1 1 3 −2 2
4 Bevenia 3 0 1 2 2 6 −4 1

COPA D'AEIA 2018 - ROUND OF 16 MATCHES/SCHEDULE:

16 July - Vvarden/Elhazia @Asvard Stadium, Asvard
16 July - Midrasia/Chalcia @Salborga Stadium, Asvard
16 July - New Timeria/Mardin Isles @Olsterham Arena, Olsterham
16 July - Ajerrin/Cuirpthe @Future Arena, Calderney
16 July - Crylante/Salborga @Asvard Stadium, Asvard
16 July - Tyronova/Indragiri @Mansley Stadium, Mansley
16 July - Navack/Hipasia @Pensfield City Stadium, Pensfield
16 July - Uwhistan/Motsvara @Future Arena, Calderney
Last edited by Salborga on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aleia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 27, 2013
Libertarian Police State

Postby Aleia » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Aleian Sports Edition, 12.07.2018 (Inostrana print and web)

Aleian Team Rescues Their Flight Home!

by Bernt, Elenaborg Correspondent and Shameless Advertiser Satirist
The Aleian team found the bread served
by Aleiair on their way home to be of fine quality.

Most of us saw what happened in Salborga. Although the Aleian team may not have fulfilled their wishes for the spirit of 2007 as we would have liked them to, Invelden has been in contact with the glorious airline Aleiair to ensure that their physical needs were indeed fulfilled on their way home to Alemin Arena in Elenaborg. We made sure that especially the XI were not disappointed by its performance.

Their flight departed at 22:00 Salborgan time, only a few hours after the event. In recent years, Aleian national sporting teams have been entitled to at least an Aleiair Premium seating on a fully booked flight, but this time each and every member was allowed to board a completely empty plane. It was only a minor gesture that we emptied the entire plane of other passengers prior to departure. Invelden ensured that they also received rare economy class tickets, with a clear view of the front cabins.

The cabins were not the biggest attraction, no, that would be the Aleiair food which we bought with the newspaper's own resources. Even though Aleiair normally does not serve the dishes on this specific route, we paid extra. Every XI-member received a three course meal, put on the tables non-stop from Asvard to Elenaborg. It began with Salborgan bread, which the players could choose freely from. It became apparent that the sunflower bread was most enticing to the players. Mart was seen eating three slices of it. Redel, however, preferred the white bread, which he ate in his usual silence. The color of surrender is quite enticing, after all.
Elovan, the team captain, approves of Aleiair's mind for cuisine. "I mean, it was that
good after a hard match." Shown is football-shaped ice cream, trophy-shaped milkshake
and Elhazian beef.

All the baskets of bread were emptied in the end, leaving none for the stewards and stewardesses.

During mid-flight, the main course was served. It was difficult to make sure the dish came on the table, but in the end it worked out, and the players were probably pleasantly surprised by their serving of Elhazian beef stew. Gederer was given two servings. We were unable to gauge the interest of the team, as they were silent for the entire serving. Lokker and Vaher avoided the beef, only sticking to the potatoes on the side. We also convinced the flight attendants to serve cold green-labelled beer to Elovan, and for Tyvertsky to receive a pink Nebligen bar martini. Such a handsome player deserves a handsome drink, at most after his performance everyone noticed this match.

As the airplane approached Elenaborg, the football team was served an exquisite 2-course dessert. The flight attendants conjured the finest ice cream, molded exactly in the shape of an exact football, paired with a milkshake, of which we did not allow it be poured in anything but the most polished trophy-like glass. Glokker got an extra scoop of ice cream to remind him of his valiant efforts. Yaglin ate the sweets to his heart's delight, and Elovan commented: "I swear he was going to dump it on his head and die of a brain-freeze. I mean, it was that good after a hard match". Of course, everyone was happy he did not, as there was still the final course in the 2 hour flight: the Sonderburg special, a Crylantian cake decked with imported Mælkeagtig from the city itself. One exception was given to poor Uler, whom the crew served a fine Tyronovan tart, which he immediately gave to Merettskol. The tart has been recorded to be in the toilet, like this year's Copa efforts.

All in all, the team probably appeared to be content with the services offered by Aleiair as the plane landed. Hopefully this serving will only encourage them to do better next time, so that us and Invelden and the people of Aleiair will offer them even better food next time.

Aleiair, which for only this summer offers flights to Asvard, invites you to book a plane ticket to the remaining matches of Copa 2018 for only 1200 Sevast, and sample the international cuisine offered on the way.
Last edited by Aleia on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Brilinako
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brilinako » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:15 pm

Txakurra Bi Ilarrekin
@txakurrabiilarrekin

Tsunami-inducing earthquake spotted near coast of Salborga turns out to be false positive #Olatuak tbi.br/p5VQoTfR

11:02 PM - 12 July 2018

2.378Rechirps3.192Likes

Jendea - The People's Paper
@jendea

NATIONAL DISASTER! Brillian team booted back to Hegoalde after just a single goal #Olatuak #Copa18 jend.ea/7puQmoxD

10:53 PM - 12 July 2018

5.186Rechirps6.136Likes

Republic of Saint Cyriaca: come for the beaches and stay to register your boat, website and offshore company
A Nyunsu: Calls for impeachment of President Shuttleworth increase after statement calling for "preventing a generation of tomboys and tomgirls" - Krinskin man arrested at airport after discovery of bag filled with cocaine labeled "bag filled with cocaine" - NU merges with ruling WSE party

Uwhistan and Aspor
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Uwhistan and Aspor » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:00 pm

Nogemetni Savez Uvhistan

Information

Nation:Uwhistan
Denonym: Uwhistani
Nickname: Zlatne Orlove (Golden Eagles)
Manager: Alfons Bassets
Secondary Manager: René Boutin
Captain: Irfan Milanović (LM)
Secondary Captain: Kenan Hadzić (GK)

Starting XI
1. GK - Kenan Hadžić, 26
2. CB - Senad Sarić, 29
3. CB - Zahir Milošević, 32
4. CB - Kasim Lazić, 32
8. RM - Besir Gajić, 30
11. LM - Matija Mauzer, 24
6. CM - Andrija Galić, 29
22. CM - Filip Hrsak, 28
10. LW - Irfan Kopanja , 27 (c)
7. RW - Bahrudin Čejvan, 27
9. CF - Mehmed Kovač, 25

Substitutes
12. GK - Mehmed Kovač, 30
13. GK - Redžep Todorović, 26
5. CB - Teufik Arnautović, 31
15. CB - Vedad Bajrić, 26
20. CB - Branimir Mihalić, 27
16. MF - Musa Sarajlić, 25
17. MF - Irfan Milanović, 21
18. MF - Ernest Velić, 23
19. MF - Ibrahim Janković, 30
23. MF - Zdenko Lisica, 23
14. FW - Hrvoje Ivošević, 31
21. FW - Marijan Turkalj, 24

Formation: 3-4-3
Style modifier: +2

Football Kit

YET TO COME

Permissions

Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: Y
RP Injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: Y (just don't kill them)
Godmod other events: Y

Hipasia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hipasia » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:48 pm

Win Over Hergemoth Puts Hipasia Through Groups
Yael b. Hofesh Uribe, 12/4/2018

Hipasia has passed through the group stages of the Copa d'Aeia on the last day of group games after the Stars' 4-2 conquest of Hergemoth combined with Tangkuo's 5-1 loss to reigning champions New Timeria to put them second in Group E. With five points after the last game, the Hipasian team sat one point ahead of Tangkuo, in the second place spot. To nobody's surprise, New Timeria led the group with seven points and a whopping +8 goal difference, compared to Hipasia's +2 after winning just one game and drawing the other two.

Chaddiq Kura, coaching the team for the first time after just two pre-Copa friendlies, was giddy. Kura, who previously managed the moderately successful Liga Shniya team Makh Tel-Tira before finding himself offered to manage the national team on short notice, was last seen at the team's hotel "preparing to get deservedly drunk", but Haerev caught him after the match for comment. We began by asking if he had any idea where the team could go from here.

"Ah, to, er, Pensfield? I think that's where they said we'll be playing Navack," he told us in his usual literal fashion. We pressed for more. "Well, let's be serious. Navack will be a great challenge; they've topped their group, have a great team ─ but we never give up! Our record against Navack may be pathetic, but if the Titans were felled by lesser beings, then someday the underdog can bring low powerful sides like Navack, or Timeria! Or something, I don't know. But I'll be pushing the team hard, count on it."

Our next word was with keeper Samuel Kelev, who was substituted on for the second half after Hipasia already conceded both of Hergemoth's goals, and made at least two fantastic saves, possibly earning Hipasia their victory by them. This was Kelev's first time playing in the Copa, with Deiva Gagh having taken on the role in all previous encounters.

"Hergemoth were... not a challenge," he admitted. "I wish I could have got the real practice in against Timeria or Tangkuo, but still. I had my chance here, I think I did everything right, and so I can't be angry. Now, Navack? They're a challenge. I'd love the chance to get some action in against them, but I'm not fooling myself ─ even if I did, it wouldn't be half as easy as this game."

When we asked whether there was any chance Hipasia could win, he smirked. "Of course. Hey, we almost managed to beat the champions. Is that not a good omen?"

After leading 3-2 at half time thanks to two goals from Barukh and one from Savra, Hipasia were able to net a fourth goal in the seventy-second minute thanks to a clinical lob by Bardas to Barukh, who made it a hat-trick. The Blue Stars will surely be hoping that their star player, of Ajerrin side Lahui Crowns, can work his magic against Navack. They play on Monday.

Chaddiq KuraImage
@ChadKura

Haha yes very good #CopadAeia #חפּסיה

00:24 am - 13/7/2018

5,419Rechirps3,692Likes

Navack
Envoy

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Next Stop: Hipasia

Nikódem Nesz celebrating his goal, sealing the Navish victory by 3-1

After a scary draw in the first round against the Mardin Isles, Navack showed its value in the competition after trashing Dreyvisevich by 7-0, and winning strongly against Kagon, by a score of 3-1. Navack qualified as the leader of group F, with a goal difference of +9, but having the best attack with 14 scored goals, alongside the champions New Timeria. The Navish striker so far in the competition is the Ostric Nikódem Nesz, with 4 goals scored. Following him, Capitan Karsten Johansen and Jørgen Hammer have two goals each. After finishing group F in first place, the Purples will play against group E’s runners-up, Hipasia.

An insight of the game, things just really started happening on second half. For instance, the first goal came in a corner kick, with Marius Rokhaug heading the ball inside the net at the 47th minute. At the 59th minute, Christer Brevig crosses the ball inside the area, finding Jørgen Hammer by the left post, heading the ball inside the net and scoring 2-0 for the Purple. At minute 62, Nikódem Nesz dominates the ball right in front of the goal area, passes through two markers and kicks it to the net, scoring 3-0 for the purples. Kagon’s only goal came at the 73rd minute when defender Rolf Moen touched the ball with his hands during a corner kick. A penalty kick by Jordan Roussel to discount for the Majulans. 3-1 final score of the game.

After the game, Coach Odd Sannes talked about the qualification: “We are definitely glad that we made up for our fans after that draw against the Mardin Isles. We worked hard and now we are harvesting the goods of it. No game is easy. Each step we take is a challenge, and we’ve been facing them and succeeding so far.” After knowing that the Purple’s next adversary will be the Hipasian team, Sannes said “They didn’t get to this phase for no reason; they will play to survive in the competition, as we all do. It’s gonna be great game. Both teams wanna win to stick in the competition, and we are going to prepare to fight for our vacancy in the quarter-finals.”

The striker Nikódem Nesz also conceded an interview after match. When asked about having the most scored goal in the team, he stated: “Well, what can I say, I feel glad and proud of my work. I mean, when was the last time you saw an Ostric scoring 4 goals in a competition like this? Crazy, huh? But yeah, I’ve been working hard, besides the team, and I’m just enjoying the results of this hard work. I won’t back down; I’ll keep my work and hopefully more goals are to come.”

Navack’s next challenge will be at Pensfield, against the Hipasian national team, who finished 2nd in their group. If Navack qualifies, it will face either Uwhistan or Motsvara. The round of 16 also has other interesting duels, such as the Lhedwinic derby between Crylante and the host Salborga, the Mardin Isles for the first time in a knock-out stage will face current champions New Timeria, and the clash of world champions between Chalcia and Midrasia.

Navack
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:04 pm

Navack ball
@NAVball_Official

GO PURPLES! Time to (((win))) and go further in the competition, hihihi#NavackFF #Copa2018 #Copa2018 #NAVHIP #OH VEYctoryIsComing

11:32 pm - 12 Jul 2018

31kRechirps45kLikes

Navak Fotballklubb Image
@NFF_Official

Congratulations to our team! A deseverd qualification! Let's keep fighting till we have the cup on our hands! #NavackFF #Copa2018 #Copa2018 #NAVHIP

10:31 pm - 12 Jul 2018

9kRechirps15kLikes

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Ajerrin » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Queen Lani
@AjerrinsQueen

The Sharks continue to make history at the Copa! Bring on Round 16 and the Cup!

#Copa2018 #Ajerrin #Sharks

RECHIRPSFAVOURITE
59k RECHIRPS82.5k FAVOURITES
11:59 pm - Fri 13 July

Midrasia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Midrasia » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:21 am

Maurice Harolde
@Maurice_Harolde

Good. #Copa2018

8:16 pm - 12 Jul 2018

7kRechirps10.2kLikes

Claude Foucault Image
@MF_Foucault

@NAVball_Official Confirmation that Hipasian tricks are behind Navack's victories? #Globalists #Copa2018

11:54 pm - 12 Jul 2018

6.1kRechirps9.2kLikes

Fake Pere Clar
@L'Unique

This Midrasia manager sure knows what he is doing. Sure, the team is doing well, but he's not getting enough praise as I see it. #Mydrazia #Copa2018

11:04 am - 13 Jul 2018

3.2kRechirps5.7kLikes

Last edited by Midrasia on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki
Charles Vauban - IIWiki featured article (October 2017)
Pere Clar - IIWiki featured article (September 2019)

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ajerrin » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Ajerrin Advances To Round of 16 Despite The Draw

ANN News
Sponsored By

Top Headlines
Monsoon Season Underway
=====
PM Acknowledges Ajerrin First Issues
=====
Copa Views Reach Record Numbers
=====
Queen Returns From Vacation

For 90 minutes, Ajerrin and Motsvara exchanged scoring opportunities, frisky attacks, and countless missed chances at the Future Arena in an entertaining back-and-forth match that came down to an 88th minute game-tying goal that only counted because the ball deflected off Ajerrin’s substitute goalkeeper Jhefferson Iowana’s head before rolling into the net.

Due to what unfolded at Olsterham Areana between Isolprugna and Arzvan Republic, what happened between Ajerrin and Motsvara didn't end up mattering much.

On Tuesday, Ajerrin and Motsvara battled to a thrilling but useless 2-2 draw that involved two goals in the final three minutes. The result was enough for Motsvara to gain entrance into the knockout stages of the Copa d’Aeia. Even if Ajerrin lost, though, it would’ve advanced past the group stage due to their previous two wins that vaulted them to the top of Group G.

Ajerrin lines up to face Cuirpthe at the Future Arene in the Round of 16 on Monday.

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ajerrin » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:18 pm

The Shark Spotlight: Aremana Iokua

Every Sunday during Copa, the Papahanaumokuakea will unveil a five-question, Q&A format interview with a member of one of the Shark’s members as a part of a series entitled "The Shark Spotlight." Today’s feature is the veteran midfielder Aremana Iokua.

Q: When did you start playing soccer and why have you stuck with it so long?
A: "I started playing when I was 5. I have two older brothers, so I always wanted to do what they were doing. They played soccer and ran track in Kulana, so I did the same."

Q: What pregame rituals do you have?
A: "I like to wear blue pre wrap. It’s become a fashion statement I guess. Mateo [Loapa] and Wai [Mano] have also taken fancy to it. I also put everything on my right foot first then my left foot."

Q: What is your favorite Ajerrin sports memory?
A: "My favorite memory was when I played forward for the first time in a big game... the Aki in northern Kulana back in 09; it just made my transition from defense to offence more memorable."

Q: What is your favorite spot here at the Copa?
A: "Salborga is a beautiful place. Most of our games have been in Calderney and I’ve stayed local. There’s a nice seafood place called Heldenborg that I’ve dined in a few nights now. The view of the shop is so remarkable! I’ve sat and looked at the fjord each night as the sun sets and it doesn’t get better than that."

Q: What do you plan to do after Copa?
A: "Well, depending on how far we get, I’m thinking we’ll have a week or so vacation before I get back my new team, the OP Blues in the KFL. I’ve promised the wife a cruise up the Channel. She’s a big naturalist. Malu loves narwhals and this is the place to see them."
Last edited by Ajerrin on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Timeria
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Timeria » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Dragons Move Past Group Stage

The Dragons have managed to move through the group stages fairly smooth following a shocking draw to open up this year's Copa. Following the first match, the defense stepped up and was only scored against once. With the defense and offense both playing on such a high level many expect New Timeria to win back to back Copa titles. Although this may be on many people's mind manger Sano Toyozo has stated that "We're just focusing on one game at a time. We'll be playing every game like it's the final because we won't get a second chance. Just doing whatever I can to make sure we win this next game against the Mardin Isles."

New Timeria has not revealed gameplan yet but many people expect the team to come out and run a high intensity game with a lot of shots and keeping the game past fast. Ryu and Naizen could be seen practicing together late into the night working on their shot placement and consistency. The Dragons could be hoping to secure a solid victory and move on to the next round with a lot of confidence. The team has fed on its own success, which drives them to be better every day. With the best players in the world practicing together and learning from each other they push each other to get better no matter what happens.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:38 am

Marcel Belou

Home · Copa 2018 · Liga 1 · Liga 2 · Transfers · Tennis · Rugby · Basketball · Motorsport

Midrasia Progress to Knockouts
Silvestre Satorras celebrates after scoring Midrasia's third against Naharin, ensuring the team go top of Group C

Midrasia have secured top spot in Group C after a 3-0 victory over Naharin. Throughout their group-stage games, Midrasia have won all three matches, and by significant margins at that: winning 4-1 over Transcandar, and 4-0 over Indragiri. Now, Midrasian captain Robert Hadrien admits: 'the real challenge begins'. Midrasia will face Chalcia within the round-of-16, with the potential of facing either Vvarden or Elhazia in the Quarter-finals.

The Midrasian team emerged against Naharin yesterday already knowing that they would be through to the round-of-16, though it appeared manager Clar was out to prove a point. Several changes had been made to the side, comparative to that which faced Indragiri last week. David Hevré was given a run up-front to replace Enzo Lazare, whilst in midfield, Henri de Lenare and Mattieu Subroux were swapped in the place of Jacques Joulles and Jerome Albret. At the back, Philippe Wallonde and Nicolas Olivier took the place of Éric Loupe and Robert Nieue. Nevertheless, the team that faced Naharin was by no means the lesser than that fielded in earlier games, with the team pressing from the off to score a lightning-fast goal courtesy of Simone Qualquart within the third minute. With the first-half progressing, Midrasia looked to be the team on top all match, controlling the flow of the game, whilst maintaining around 70% of the possession. The team managed to net a second goal in the 40th minute, with Basile Chevalier scoring a header from a corner to put the reds at 2-0 just before the half-time whistle.

In the second-half, Clar had made a couple of changes to the team, subbing on Silvestre Satorras in midfield, whilst Simone Qualquart was replaced by Mattieu Neri. Once again the team were on the front foot against an outmatched Naharin side, with Midrasia controlling much of the possession once again. Naharin did have a number of chances in the second-half, breaking away from Midrasian attacks whilst defenders were taken unawares. Despite this, such attacks proved unable to pass goalkeeper Thierry Florient, who had little to do for the majority of the match. The game was finally put to bed in the 75th minute as substitute Silvestre Satorras scored an absolute screamer of a goal, striking home from near 40 yards out to make it 3-0. One final sub was made for Midrasia during the game, with Patrice Crozier replacing Robert Hadrien in the 80th minute. Crozier was not able to have much of an impact on the game though, with the Naharin team tired and the flow of the game steadily declining, full time was eventually blown in the 92nd minute, ending Naharin 0-3 Midrasia.

At the conclusion of match-day 3, Midrasia finished top of Group C, three wins under their belt, and a goal difference of +10, the highest points and goal difference combination of any team in the group stages. Elsewhere in the group, Naharin finished bottom, failing to score throughout the entirety of the tournament, and Transcandar in 3rd with one goal and one point. Indragiri finished 2nd with 6 points and 2 wins. Now Midrasia will face Group D runners-up Chalcia within the round-of-16. Elsewhere, the matches to look out for are New Timeria v Mardin Isles and Ajerrin v Cuirpthe, the winners of which games will proceed in the same bracket as Midrasia. Navack v Hipasia is also a match to watch out for in the second tournament bracket, with pundits suggesting the winner of that game may well go on to play in the final. Nevertheless, Crylante may once again prove themselves to be dark horses, their good form in the group stages is certainly something to look out for.

In other news
Who is favourite now?
Will the Mardin miracle continue?
What happened to Isolaprugnan football?
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Navack
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:23 am

Biography: Viktor Lizancos

Viktor Lizancos playin for the Navish national team

Son of Navish immigrant with a Midrasian farmgirl, Viktor Lizancos is one of the newest stars of this renewed Navish team. Lizancos is Midrasian by birth but received Navish naturalization from his dad. He was born in the little town of Oyonax, located in the Midrasian province of Avadin. His parents have always been devoted to farming since it was the family’s main source of profit. However, Lizancos has been showing his love for football since the parents can remember: “I remember when he was 4 years old; we would go out on the field, use two sticks to form a goal, and then play with our old leather football. It was funny because the ball was almost his size, hahaha! But since that time, his pure passion for that sport… I knew that was going to go somewhere in the future…” said Lizancos’ father in an interview for NSKB.

Lizancos indeed went further with his passion for football. For instance, by the age of 7 he was accepted by FC Oyanax’s youth team and soon became a star in town. The local team won several local competitions, mostly due to the dynamic brought by Lizancos in the midfield. By the age of 14, Lizancos received a proposition for playing in Ibbené’s youth team, after some scouts from the giant of Avadin watched Lizancos. By the age of 15, Lizancos received his Navish citizenship, provided by his father. Even though, he decided to call himself by his Midrasian name, keeping it as a reminder of his roots.

At the age of 17, Lizancos was promoted to the main team, where he firstly became a substitute, but due to injuries in the team, Lizancos became a starter of Ibbené with 19 years old. He shined. After 3 seasons showing ability and quality, Lizancos received an offer by one of the Navish powerhouses: ALK, from Berke. Lizancos then saw the opportunity of playing in his father’s homeland. He accepted the offer and became a starter since his first game. Since Lizancos’ hiring, ALK has been among the top 5 best teams of Navack, topping rivals like Bersk SK and Høulding SK. In 2018, ALK is the leader of INFL so far, with 10 victories in 10 games, 30 points, +13 goal difference, second best attack and second-best defense.

In the Copa, Navack has just qualified to the round of 16 and will face the strong team of Hipasia. Even with no goals so far in the competitions, most of the plays built by the Navish attack passes by the magical feet of Viktor Lizancos. If the biggest virtue of this purple team is the midfield, Lizancos is surely one of its strongest pieces.

Elhazia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Elhazia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:58 am

HM Queen Katarina
@HMKatarina

We are in the knockout stage. I am so proud of Elhazia. That's the spirit!#GoElhazia

18:18 pm - 16 07 2018

7902Rechirps18252Likes

Image)

Salborga
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Salborga » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:59 am

THE THREAD IS CLOSED!!. ANY RP POSTS FROM NOW ON WILL COUNT FOR THE QUARTER-FINAL MATCHES AT 20 JULY.

Salborga
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Match day 4 (Round of 16)

Postby Salborga » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:30 pm

COPA D'AEIA 2018 SALBORGA - ROUND OF 16 RESULTS

VVARDEN 0-1 ELHAZIA

ASVARD STADIUM, ASVARD

MIDRASIA 7-0 CHALCIA

SALBORGA STADIUM, ASVARD

NEW TIMERIA 1-0 MARDIN ISLES

OLSTERHAM ARENA, OLSTERHAM

AJERRIN 3-2 CUIRPTHE

FUTURE ARENA, CALDERNEY

CRYLANTE 3-4 SALBORGA

ASVARD STADIUM, ASVARD

TYRONOVA 1-0 INDRAGIRI

MANSLEY STADIUM, MANSLEY

NAVACK 2-0 HIPASIA

PENSFIELD CITY STADIUM, PENSFIELD

UWHISTAN 1-4 MOTSVARA

FUTURE ARENA, CALDERNEY

BRACKET (CLICK SPOILER)

New Timeria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby New Timeria » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:34 pm

Dragons Face Sharks

The Dragons will once again face Ajerrin in the Copa knockout round. Last year Timeria pulled it out to remain undefeated but this year Ajerrin is looking for revenge. The 2017 Copa gave birth to a small rivalry between the small neighboring nations that managed to advance to the semi-finals that year. The Dragons are hoping to repeat last years victory and advance to the next round. Many people in Timeria have voiced their support for the team and have flooded the internet with #morethanateam, reigniting last years slogan for the team. As the team gets closer to victory anxiety levels are high as people get their hopes up for another victory.

The team has yet to speak on the chances of another Copa win but have focused all their energy on winning their next game. Manager Toyozo stated that "We are going to try and be unpredictable next match. We aren't the same team as last year and I've seen that they aren't the same either. Last years match was great but we can't just repeat last years game. We have to constantly move forward and think of new ways to win."
Toyozo didn't clearly state what he meant by unpredictable but we can expect an exciting game this year. With both the defense and offense playing at a high level the team's practices have been pretty intense with a high level of competitiveness. Not only between side but players are constantly battling for starting spots. Kumagai Mito performance in practice has lit a fire under Ryu as he has been particularly competitive at practice. The older Kumagai has been increasingly physical with Ryu as he tried to throw him off his game. It seems the strategy backfired as the younger has excelled in team scrimmages.

New Timeria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby New Timeria » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 pm

Jasmine

@FlowerJas

Good luck baby! #morethanateam

01:34 am - 20 07 2018

23,09335,928100,345Likes

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:39 am

Matthias Cochet
@MC92

Let's go get that semi-final spot now! #Mydrazia #Copa2018

1:25 pm - 18 Jul 2018

54Rechirps72Likes

Ignasi Fons Image
@LeFons

Very interesting football currently taking place in Salborga.

12:02 pm - 20 Jul 2018

4.5kRechirps17kLikes

Midrasian National Team Image
@LesVermelhs

Clar names unchanged side to face Elhazia. No talk of semi-finals, Hadrien says: "we take games one step at a time, Elhazia are strong, and sure to give a good game" #ELHvMDR #Copa2018

12:29 pm - 20 Jul 2018

4kRechirps7kLikes

Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:30 am

Marcel Belou

Home · Copa 2018 · Liga 1 · Liga 2 · Transfers · Tennis · Rugby · Basketball · Motorsport

Next Stop: Elhazia
Simone Qualquart: Midrasia's top scorer thus far with 8 goals celebrates after completing a
hat-trick against Chalcia

Midrasia have booked their place in the 2018 Copa d'Aeia quarter-finals after a thrilling 7-0 decimation of Chalcia. The result is one of the highest in the history of the Midrasian national team, equalling the team's record 7-0 win over the Aeian Socialist Union in 1977. The confidence displayed by the team was obvious throughout the match, with standout performances from both Jerome Albret and Simone Qualquart who is currently the tournament's highest scorer on 8 goals after his hat-trick against Chalcia. Midrasia now moves on to the quarter-finals where they will face Elhazia, a team which performed reasonably well in the group stages with 2 wins and 1 loss, before beating Vvarden 1-0. Diligent viewers have been quick to point out that Elhazia has yet to face any 'considerable opposition', though this does not mean the manager and team are at ease with the upcoming match.

"We're not taking any chances, it's one match at a time for us," spoke captain Hadrien. "Sure, many people are talking about the semis and who will win out of Ajerrin and Timeria, but none of that concerns us right now. Our only focus is on Elhazia, nothing more."
Manager Pere Clar, who is usually known for being a quite outspoken individual was also uncharacteristically calm about his team's chances. "For sure, we were good last round. I am very proud of what the team accomplished, a perfect result. You can't ask for more than 7 goals, that's like...wow. Yes, everybody talks about the semi-finals and breaking the curse. How do I say this? No, we do not talk about that. Talk to me about it tomorrow. Then maybe I will give you an answer."

This 7-0 victory was indeed a surprise, but a welcome one at that. Midrasia looked dominant throughout the match against a tired Chalcian side, without their star striker and Olympique star Theodore Dimitrios due to injury. The Chalcians looked lacklustre throughout through the match, perhaps feeling lost without their main man. This allowed Midrasia to punch through with 5 goals to nil in the first half, scored by Qualquart, Lazare x2, Joulles and Albret. In the second half, Midrasia slowed the temo, though their attacks continued. Qualquart managed to slot two more goals passed the Chalcian keeper, including a spectacular overhead kick in the 71st minute. Qualquart's goals now put him at the current top scorer of the tournament with 8 goals, and he hopes to increase this tally even further.

Elsewhere in the quarter-finals, New Timeria will take on Ajerrin in one of the most anticipated matches of the tournament. Many are expecting a close fight between last years' champions and the Ajerri powerhouse. Many have suggested that it is perhaps the match that will decide the tournament winners. Whatever happens though, it is sure to be a fantastic game of football. The hosts Salborga will also take on Tyronova. Salborga managed a shock victory against Crylante during the round-of-16 and will be hoping for more success against their opponents this time, a Tyronovan side which is so far unbeaten. Finally, Navack will take on Motsvara. Despite being early favourites, setbacks in the group stages have left Navack on the backfoot, nevertheless they look set to go far in the tournament, with the second half of the draw being viewed by many as far easier than the first. Motsvara finished second in their group, losing out to Isolaprugna and drawing 2 all with Ajerrin. Whether they can replicate this form against the purples remains to be seen.

For all future updates of the 2018 Copa d'Aeia stay tuned to Démarrer!

In other news
Ajerrin v Timeria
Tournament top scorers
Albret: Rising star or one hit wonder?
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports