NATION

PASSWORD

Quidditch World Cup 8 - Sign ups [ CLOSED ]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

-Anthor-
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Anthor- » Sun May 06, 2018 8:29 pm

Sure, why not!/signup
Kingdom of Anthor
Capital: Vaumort
Monarch: King Michael III of House Lenova
Prime Minister: Rachael Monday
Info: Anthoran News Network, Anthoran Sports Broadcasting Network
NSS International Ratings:
WCOH 35 Champions | WJHC 15 Champions

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Sun May 06, 2018 9:20 pm

The Starblaydi Centre for the Magical Arts will also be preparing a host bid for the Cup, which will be up in around 12 hours from now.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Mon May 07, 2018 9:30 am

The following arrives in the appropriate office of your nation, on a delicate scroll, handwritten by the Master of Quidditch at the Centre for the Magical Arts in Starblaydia, having been delivered by a pristine white owl, who serenely waits for a few bronze coins in payment before promptly leaving.

(click to unravel scroll)
Starblaydia's host bid for the Eighth Quidditch World Cup
The Centre for the Magical Arts, Starblaydia
in association with the
Starblaydi Quidditch Sunday League
presents a hosting bid for the
8th Quidditch World Cup

Esteemed Colleagues,

In my recent discussions with fellow Quidditch enthusiasts, it has come to my attention that the wizarding world has been unable to agree on a location to host the latest international edition of the great 'the sport of warlocks'. As such, I hereby offer the services of the Centre for Magical Arts, based here in our great nation of Starblaydia, to oversee the tournament for this event.

As long-time participants may remember, our administrative team were the custodians of the third Quidditch World Cup, so brilliantly won by the Urumguard side. There is still great passion for the great game in Starblaydia, and we're certain that thousands of witches and warlocks will turn out to cheer on their favourite national teams.

In terms of organisation, we would be happy to take on up to twenty-four teams, with our referees using the special 'scorination' spells we divined all those years ago and used in the 3rd World Cup, I am fully confident that they are still quite EXCELlent. Just a little joke there between scorinators.

The Football/Soccer World Cup taking place in Starblaydia at the same time will be a remarkable cover for any foreign mages and sorcerers who wish to travel to the country via means other than port key. All manner of weird and wonderful people from across the multiverse will be in attendance so there is little to no chance of any incidents that cannot be easily explained away. We look forward to the results of the vote (no divination, prophecies or Seer's opinions on the outcome, please!).

Wishing every team in the next competition, wherever it may be held, 'good luck'!

- magically signed -

Cuthbert Cruickshanks
Master of Quidditch
Centre for the Magical Arts
Starblaydia

(OOC: Should anyone who is signed up for this doesn't have Magic/Quidditch/Potterverse as an integral part of their RPing - or for those who a wizarding community would simply be out of character for the way they RP their nation - you're certainly more than welcome to say that some or all of your players are ex-pupils of the Percyvale Academy, Starblaydia's answer to Hogwart's, or that they play for one of the Starblaydi Quidditch Sunday League (informally known as "Squizzle") teams, of which full details will be provided.

Scorination will be with my excel spreadsheet that has been floating around since around 2010. It's a relatively light workload, even with 24 teams, and I'm confident I can host this concurrently with the Football/Soccer World Cup - potentially 16 WC Finals RPers plugged into 8 matches per MD in xkoranate, along with up to 24 QWC RPers plugged into to 12 matches per MD in excel is not too bad compared to up to 150 RPers for 9 days straight in the WC Qualifiers.)
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion

Acronius
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Acronius » Mon May 07, 2018 10:24 am

Hmm... if it isn’t too late, we’d like to sign up as well?

THE UNION OF ACRONIAN KINGDOMS
President Jules Patry · Vice-President César Villeneuve · Minister of Internal Affairs Angus Moss
Minister of Foreign Affairs Jean-Pierre Marceau · Head of Parliament Michel Lancolf · Chief Justice George Proudfoot

AbCo · ADS · Atlas · IATA · IFC · IIWiki

Champions: Emperor's Cup II
Fourth: Cup of Harmony 65, Di Bradini Cup 36/U21 World Cup 57
Semifinals: NationStates Chess Classic I
Quarterfinals: Emperor's Cup I
Playoffs: World Cup 73

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon May 07, 2018 10:45 am

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but their doesn't appear to be a discussion thread:
Can a nation which rejects the influence of the international confederation of wizards and
openly defies it on matters of international wizarding secrecy take part?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Celter
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Celter » Mon May 07, 2018 6:42 pm

Host bids closed. Please send all votes to Celter. Your choices after a Razenthuria withdrawal are as followed:

Muggles, Nomajs, squibs, Dolores Umbridge and wierdos alike are encouraged to submit votes to Celter by Thursday 10, 2018.

Sectum Sempra.
Last edited by Celter on Mon May 07, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former rper of Kebec

This is a numbers puppet
REPUBLIC OF CELTER
| Trigamme: CLT | Capital: Gillmerbrook | Leader: Manas Bernard (M) |

Celter
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Celter » Tue May 08, 2018 6:37 pm

Razen here -
Please remember to get your votes it so we can get those broomsticks up as soo as possible!

~ Razen
Former rper of Kebec

This is a numbers puppet
REPUBLIC OF CELTER

Celter
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Celter » Tue May 08, 2018 6:42 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but their doesn't appear to be a discussion thread:
Can a nation which rejects the influence of the international confederation of wizards and
openly defies it on matters of international wizarding secrecy take part?

Hey VakHav -
Not really my area to answer this as we don't really have a governing body for flying on bewitched broomsticks; but, I assume there would be no barriers technically, given its a sporting event rather than official, government stuff. Now, your fair share of frowning upon would pro'lly be associated with said event; I'm basing this off of rl-FIFA practices.
However, I believe Starblaydia who's ridden the bewitched broomstick gang since day 1 is more suited for your answers.
Oh and.
Spectum Patronus.

~ Razen
Former rper of Kebec

This is a numbers puppet
REPUBLIC OF CELTER

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Tue May 08, 2018 11:05 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Can a nation which rejects the influence of the international confederation of wizards and openly defies it on matters of international wizarding secrecy take part?

There is nothing to stop you entering a tournament with your own conventions of what wizards sbould and shouldn't do in regards to secrecy, it's more the RP side of things and the difference between stirring up a little trouble/mischief and actively working against the intended framework of hosting a Worldwide event for a secret community.

So, it dpends on what you're planning to do with it. If the intention is to make your opponent/the host have to RP clear up all the devastation you cause with appearing in muggle society ("...And all concerned received a mass memory charm. Again. Yes again."), then I'd suggest that would not be the most cooperative RP route to go down, even with the large assortment of species that are generally accepted ICly in the NS Sports RP world. Theres a line to be drawn *somewhere* with RPing in other's nations, and it just depends on what story you're hoping to tell.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue May 08, 2018 11:34 pm

Starblaydia wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Can a nation which rejects the influence of the international confederation of wizards and openly defies it on matters of international wizarding secrecy take part?

There is nothing to stop you entering a tournament with your own conventions of what wizards sbould and shouldn't do in regards to secrecy, it's more the RP side of things and the difference between stirring up a little trouble/mischief and actively working against the intended framework of hosting a Worldwide event for a secret community.

So, it dpends on what you're planning to do with it. If the intention is to make your opponent/the host have to RP clear up all the devastation you cause with appearing in muggle society ("...And all concerned received a mass memory charm. Again. Yes again."), then I'd suggest that would not be the most cooperative RP route to go down, even with the large assortment of species that are generally accepted ICly in the NS Sports RP world. Theres a line to be drawn *somewhere* with RPing in other's nations, and it just depends on what story you're hoping to tell.

Well if their was a Havenic wizarding community, the way the Havenic government would go about things is likely by accepting them/buying their services on useful things. So the fact that wizards exist would probably already be known.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Tue May 08, 2018 11:45 pm

So less of 'defiance' and more 'but this is normal'? That could lead down some interesting "but they don't do it that way in this country" RP, whether serious or comedy. I don't see why not.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue May 08, 2018 11:47 pm

Starblaydia wrote:So less of 'defiance' and more 'but this is normal'? That could lead down some interesting "but they don't do it that way in this country" RP, whether serious or comedy. I don't see why not.

And it'll sort of be a case of 'Uhm...why can't we fly around on our broomsticks in city centres? I did it just last week when I was out buying some food. Is it an issue?'

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Wed May 09, 2018 1:26 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Starblaydia wrote:So less of 'defiance' and more 'but this is normal'? That could lead down some interesting "but they don't do it that way in this country" RP, whether serious or comedy. I don't see why not.

And it'll sort of be a case of 'Uhm...why can't we fly around on our broomsticks in city centres? I did it just last week when I was out buying some food. Is it an issue?'

Not that I expect, we see more disruptive stuff than that in the regular WC.

Celter
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Celter » Wed May 09, 2018 4:00 am

!! -
Letting people know its commonly bad etiquette to vote for yourself therefore one vote is invalid.

~ Razen
Former rper of Kebec

This is a numbers puppet
REPUBLIC OF CELTER

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed May 09, 2018 10:24 am

Celter wrote:!! -
Letting people know its commonly bad etiquette to vote for yourself therefore one vote is invalid.

~ Razen

I can probably guess who...
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Wed May 09, 2018 2:18 pm

The Sherpa Empire wrote:

~ Razen

Who?
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Razenthuria
Envoy

Founded: Oct 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Razenthuria » Wed May 09, 2018 2:50 pm

Northwest Kalactin wrote:
The Sherpa Empire wrote:

Who?
The Sherpa Empire wrote:

~ Razen

Look -
That's not the point; just please observe common etiquette and niceties, that's all.

~ Razen
STATE OF RAZENTHURIA
| Capital: Tynedale | Trigram: RZN | Elector Primo: R'Verzaka (M) |
[sub]| Football: 108th, KPB: 5.44 | Gridiron: [ ... ] | Lacrosse: 16th, Pts.: .5 |
| Sportswire | RZN Info | LionSport |

Celter
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Celter » Wed May 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi -
With a clear majority, a winner has been determined in the bid to host the 8th Quidditch World Cup:

A.) Accept Prarelactin 8 bid - 2 - one voted discounted: 1
    B.) Accept Staryblaydia bid - 10

As of now, Staryblaydia has won the rights to host the eigth bewitched broomsticks games.
Nomajs beware.

~ Razen
Former rper of Kebec

This is a numbers puppet
REPUBLIC OF CELTER

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed May 09, 2018 11:23 pm

Razenthuria wrote:
Northwest Kalactin wrote:Who?
The Sherpa Empire wrote:

Look -
That's not the point; just please observe common etiquette and niceties, that's all.

~ Razen

I always thought that was normal. It is in gameplay anyway.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Thu May 10, 2018 12:35 am

Celter wrote:As of now, Staryblaydia has won the rights to host the eigth bewitched broomsticks games.

Thank-you everyone who voted for the Staryblaydia [sic] bid.

As far as I read it, there are 28 sign-ups, which are as follows:

• Razenthuria
  • Starblaydia
  • Taeshan
  • North Prarie
  • Northwest Kalactin
  • Zwangzug
  • Darmen
  • Equestrian States
  • Abanhfleft
  • Free Republics
  • The Sherpa Empire
  • The Gathered Nations of Privateers
  • Juvencus
  • Stetzra
  • Cosumar
  • Likar
  • Gloriax
  • Kriegiersien
  • The Kaiser Colonies
  • Valdiviola
  • The Autonomous Region of Helsinki
  • Vakolicci Haven and Celeria
  • Parcia
  • Jhumaliwo
  • Banija
  • Estlobies
  • Anthor
  • Acronius
This is (fairly) nice, as it means 4 groups of 7, with single round-robin, and the top 4 in each group will move on to a Seeded Sorcerous Sixteen. IC thread will be up some time later today.

I outlined the following offer in my bid thread, but for anyone who missed it, any nation that doesn't have Magic/Quidditch/Potterverse as an integral part of their RPing - or for those who a wizarding community would simply be out of character for the way they RP their nation - you're certainly more than welcome to say that some or all of your players are ex-pupils (or even current, if you're using teenagers) of the Percyvale Academy, Starblaydia's answer to Hogwart's, or that they play for one of the Starblaydi Quidditch Sunday League (informally known as "Squizzle") teams.

The Percyvale Academy
Formed in the time of King Oberyn (Starblaydia's equivalent of King Arthur), four of the greatest magic-users of the age came together to form the educational institution to teach magic to those so inclined in Starblaydia and Atlantian Oceania at large. The school is located near the city of Penningworth, under a secret shroud in the great Traijar Forest of Starblaydia's north-western Phraen province, now part of a national park, the school consists of four great Houses, each named after one of the founders, of whom the students sorted into those Houses display some of the traits of the founder. The houses are:

House         Founder                 Colours                 Symbol              Traits
Leoric Ser Leoric Huxtable Red, White Flaming Brand Courage, Glory
Coraluna Lady Alyssa Coraluna Yellow, Orange Crescent Moon Prosperity, Loyalty
Montfort Ser Monfort Callin Green, Black Stone Tower Ambition, Vigilance
Quicksilver Mercuria di Argento Sky Blue, Royal Blue Lightning Bolt Wisdom, Pride

The Starblaydi Quidditch Sunday League (aka "SQSL" or, usually, "Squizzle")
The six great Britannican city-states, a former nation incorporated into Starblaydia some two hundred years ago, were original easy hiding-places for the wizarding community of Starblaydia and, as such, most of the magic users in the nation now either come from, or move to, one of the six provinces, as the vast tracts of countryside land in between the six city-state capitals provide ample opportunity to be discreet, and the now-sprawling metropolises themselves are easy places to hide in. Each of the six city-states, plus the traditional Starblaydi cities of Penningworth (in the north-west, near Nova Britannicus) and Jhanna (the Starblaydi captial) has its own Quidditch team, totalling eight sides:

• Chipping Wadston Quidditch Club (Hernsworth)
  • Fox's Irregular Quidditch Club (Foxchester)
  • Hawksworth School Old Boys (Beverington)
  • Jhani Cavalry (Jhanna)
  • Montepool County Quidditch Club (Montepool)
  • Neveheim Arsenal Witches (Tuncastle)
  • Penningworth Town Quidditch Club (Penningworth)
  • Sergeant-Major's Second XI (Widdrington)
Last edited by Starblaydia on Thu May 10, 2018 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu May 10, 2018 1:33 am

My nation is the Sherpa Empire, not the Sherpa Islands.

It's on an alternate-reality version of the Asian mainland, mostly northern India and southern China.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Thu May 10, 2018 1:40 am

The Sherpa Empire wrote:My nation is the Sherpa Empire, not the Sherpa Islands.

I totally knew that. Brain/fingers/typing fail.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu May 10, 2018 2:57 am

Starblaydia wrote:
The Sherpa Empire wrote:My nation is the Sherpa Empire, not the Sherpa Islands.

I totally knew that. Brain/fingers/typing fail.

It happens. No worries.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu May 10, 2018 3:46 am

Starblaydia wrote:
Celter wrote:As of now, Staryblaydia has won the rights to host the eigth bewitched broomsticks games.

Thank-you everyone who voted for the Staryblaydia [sic] bid.

As far as I read it, there are 28 sign-ups, which are as follows:

• Razenthuria
  • Starblaydia
  • Taeshan
  • North Prarie
  • Northwest Kalactin
  • Zwangzug
  • Darmen
  • Equestrian States
  • Abanhfleft
  • Free Republics
  • The Sherpa Empire
  • The Gathered Nations of Privateers
  • Juvencus
  • Stetzra
  • Cosumar
  • Likar
  • Gloriax
  • Kriegiersien
  • The Kaiser Colonies
  • Valdiviola
  • The Autonomous Region of Helsinki
  • Vakolicci Haven and Celeria
  • Parcia
  • Jhumaliwo
  • Banija
  • Estlobies
  • Anthor
  • Acronius
This is (fairly) nice, as it means 4 groups of 7, with single round-robin, and the top 4 in each group will move on to a Seeded Sorcerous Sixteen. IC thread will be up some time later today.

I outlined the following offer in my bid thread, but for anyone who missed it, any nation that doesn't have Magic/Quidditch/Potterverse as an integral part of their RPing - or for those who a wizarding community would simply be out of character for the way they RP their nation - you're certainly more than welcome to say that some or all of your players are ex-pupils (or even current, if you're using teenagers) of the Percyvale Academy, Starblaydia's answer to Hogwart's, or that they play for one of the Starblaydi Quidditch Sunday League (informally known as "Squizzle") teams.

The Percyvale Academy
Formed in the time of King Oberyn (Starblaydia's equivalent of King Arthur), four of the greatest magic-users of the age came together to form the educational institution to teach magic to those so inclined in Starblaydia and Atlantian Oceania at large. The located under a secret shroud in the great Traijar Forest of Starblaydia's south-western Jhan province, now part of a national park, the school consists of four great Houses, each named after one of the founders, of whom the students sorted into those Houses display some of the traits of the founder. The houses are:

House         Founder                 Colours                 Symbol              Traits
Leoric Ser Leoric Huxtable Red, White Flaming Brand Courage, Glory
Coraluna Lady Alyssa Coraluna Yellow, Orange Crescent Moon Prosperity, Loyalty
Montfort Ser Monfort Callin Green, Black Stone Tower Ambition, Vigilance
Quicksilver Mercuria di Argento Sky Blue, Royal Blue Lightning Bolt Wisdom, Pride

The Starblaydi Quidditch Sunday League (aka "SQSL" or, usually, "Squizzle")
The six great Britannican city-states, a former nation incorporated into Starblaydia some two hundred years ago, were original easy hiding-places for the wizarding community of Starblaydia and, as such, most of the magic users in the nation now either come from, or move to, one of the six provinces, as the vast tracts of countryside land in between the six city-state capitals provide ample opportunity to be discreet, and the now-sprawling metropolises themselves are easy places to hide in. Each of the six city-states, plus the traditional Starblaydi cities of Penningworth (in the north-west, near Nova Britannicus) and Jhanna (the Starblaydi captial, nearby to the Percyvale Academy) has its own Quidditch team, totalling eight sides:

• Chipping Wadston Quidditch Club (Hernsworth)
  • Fox's Irregular Quidditch Club (Foxchester)
  • Hawksworth School Old Boys (Beverington)
  • Jhani Cavalry (Jhanna)
  • Montepool County Quidditch Club (Montepool)
  • Neveheim Arsenal Witches (Tuncastle)
  • Penningworth Town Quidditch Club (Penningworth)

Do we not ask what happened to the sergeant-majors first XI? Are some things better off not known?

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Thu May 10, 2018 4:34 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Starblaydia wrote:

Do we not ask what happened to the sergeant-majors first XI? Are some things better off not known?

The First XI were a genuine army cricket team, and a bunch of wizards trying not to use spells ended up being the Second XI. They then switched to Quidditch and their team name stuck.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports