NATION

PASSWORD

World Games Revival/Interest

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Kep
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

World Games Revival/Interest

Postby Kep » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:41 pm

World Games Revival

Hello, 'tis is Kep, usually referred-to as Kebec in IC. So essentially, originally, I had planned to revive the Universiade, a long-dead NS event that traces its origins to 2013 on this site, however, with this essentially a carbon-copy of the Olympics, I had high doubts that many would get behind it, esepcially with someone like me leading it due to my...questionable support amongst established NS Sport veterans and the upper-echlon. After considerable time, and research (two days, imo), I've proposed a mock-up remake and revival of the World Games which were credibly hosted and scorniated by the well-known Commerce Heights. Essentially, at this point, the revived World Games would continue on from the old - keeping many of the same events except for those such as...wait for it...Kemelilui - because certainly Kem-I won't even try is what draws spectators, doesn't it. Anyways, I'd like to see this revived as a summer-type event because there'd be absolutely no point to make this a winter-and-summer thing as there'd be a limited amount of sports to choose from for said Winter World Games.

The whole idea is a non-Olympic Oylmpic Games, with the same hype, friendship and charisma that has come to define the Olympic Games be it real life or in NationStates, our rpers are among the best in the...world I guess?~ - we've got great rpers, this could be another chance to rp. Tentatively, I'd want to add more less-known but still well-received sports and some NS-driven-and-created sports such as 7ball and hopefully get Quidditch rolling again. The great thing about being an NS rper is the dexeterity we enjoy and the technology we have available at our fingertips, just a click away thanks to people like Commerce who spent time to develop Xkoranate and other scorinators. This hopeful incarnation and revival of the World Games would ultimately be a testement to our abilities, such a tournament should be revived, while there are many tournaments devoted to each sport, a huge cultimation of international athletes converging on one town is what brings glory to the Olympics, and hopefully to the World Games.

Planned Sports
American Football
Archery (field)
Australian rules
Auto-racing (questionable, needs discussion)
Baseball
Bowling
Fin swimming
Futsal
Gaelic football
Golf
Gymnatics
Karate
Korfball
Lacrosse
Roller Sports
Rugby Union
Softball
Ultimate
Water-skiing
7ball

Tentative Dates
March/April?
Sometime, obviously.

Hosting
This would be a big undertaking, so a capable host would need to be found who'd want to undertake this.

The big question remains if anyone would want to revive this, however.

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:32 am

Right then. I've split out the small argument that started here last night and I've re-opened the thread.

This is an interest thread regarding a revival of the World Games. Please save discussion about OP's hosting credentials for when OP is actually bidding to host something.

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:18 am

I’m interested
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 am

My feeling on this is that the decision on whether or not to run a non-Olympic multisport and on what sports should be included should be left up to the host though I could see something along the lines of the event list you proposed being appealing to potential hosts and to potential participants.

If there's a host who wants to run something like this, then I see no reason why it shouldn't go forward and I'm confident there'd be more than enough signups to run it. Actually, I'd recommend that anybody thinking about doing a future Olympic bid consider running something like what you're proposing first. That said, I don't think there should be any sort of committee or host bidding process for events like this. If somebody wants to host one, they can just open a signup thread.

If there's no interested host, then we at best end up at the same place as the UICA equivalents for most sports other than soccer where lots of people want to participate but nobody wants to host. Given that we've had the same Winter Olympics host 3 years straight because nobody else wants to host a Winter Olympics, finding a host is probably the hard part.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

New Doltania
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby New Doltania » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:55 pm

I am interested, even in hosting
Sporting Achievements: Champions of the 1st De International Football Tournament
Hosting: Co-hosted Indian Champions League with Azadeshia

Central Shaneville
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Central Shaneville » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:28 pm

I actually had a similar idea to this, so I would be interested in competing, also I wouldn't mind co-hosting the event with another city if that's possible
CENTRAL SHANEVILLE ACHIEVEMENTS:

13th Winter Olympics - Men's Giant Slalom - Gold Medalists
Melayu Archipelago Games I - Women's Sepaktakraw - Gold Medalists

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:26 pm

Central Shaneville wrote:I actually had a similar idea to this, so I would be interested in competing, also I wouldn't mind co-hosting the event with another city if that's possible

New Doltania wrote:I am interested, even in hosting

To those who want to host this:
This would be a big undertaking, so a capable host would need to be found who'd want to undertake this.
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Central Shaneville
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Central Shaneville » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:08 pm

Which is why I said I could co host as I do have time to scorinate but only on certain days at this time of year because of the fact that I go to college. (British College before people get shocked xD)

Although nothing for this event but for the Auto Racing event does that have to be an actual track or can it be a street circuit?
Last edited by Central Shaneville on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CENTRAL SHANEVILLE ACHIEVEMENTS:

13th Winter Olympics - Men's Giant Slalom - Gold Medalists
Melayu Archipelago Games I - Women's Sepaktakraw - Gold Medalists

Kep
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:53 pm

I think this idea is pretty much dead, so, they're not much of a point.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports