NATION

PASSWORD

WPIC 4 Sign-ups and OOC / Water Polo

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Was the voting for those who just signed up for this cycle (4th tournament) or members of the IWPF?

Azeirethia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Azeirethia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:28 am

West Phoenicia wrote:Was the voting for those who just signed up for this cycle (4th tournament) or members of the IWPF?

Members of the IWPF.
~ Kep
UNITED RAJAKANI KINGDOMS
| Capital: Rajakabad | Location: Pakistan | Leader: Rajnetara Jehru Moab |

Yvng Tigga - Peep my Soundcloud
Main-nation of Kep
Modern-day Pakistan
|
60's-era nation

Kep
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:31 am

West Phoenicia -
The said vote failed to have you as you had resigned from the IWPF as of last week, I didn't re-add you. However, tg me your vote so I can add you back into the IWPF gc, send it to the IWPF acnt., however,

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:07 am

It was pretty clear by the end of the previous debacle that we were just pulling out of the current IWPF cycle. Not out of the whole process.

I did make a number of posts to explain that. So unsure why this has happened. As the message to vote for a nation to host was posted days AFTER the previous posts where it was pretty clear we were still apart of the council as we had voted in the vote of no confidence. Which we received an email from as did other council members, so our name had to be stricken after that, even though it was clear we were still part of the Water Polo.

I am willing to accept it may have been an oversight and not a penalty/ punishment for questioning the actions of leadership.
Last edited by West Phoenicia on Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azeirethia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Azeirethia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:27 am

West Phoenicia wrote:It was pretty clear by the end of the previous debacle that we were just pulling out of the current IWPF cycle. Not out of the whole process.

I did make a number of posts to explain that. So unsure why this has happened. As the message to vote for a nation to host was posted days AFTER the previous posts where it was pretty clear we were still apart of the council as we had voted in the vote of no confidence. Which we received an email from as did other council members, so our name had to be stricken after that, even though it was clear we were still part of the Water Polo.

I am willing to accept it may have been an oversight and not a penalty/ punishment for questioning the actions of leadership.

Again -
Apologies on my part, you will be added once-again in time for the next wave of tgs from the IWPF acnt., apologies
UNITED RAJAKANI KINGDOMS
| Capital: Rajakabad | Location: Pakistan | Leader: Rajnetara Jehru Moab |

Yvng Tigga - Peep my Soundcloud
Main-nation of Kep
Modern-day Pakistan
|
60's-era nation

Dunnes
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dunnes » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:06 am

Thank you for choosing my bid.

An everything thread will be up by the end of the day with all of the relevant details, but group play will start on Wednesday, March 14th.

In addition two protectorates (puppets), Malaga Verdes, and Rio Solano, of Dunnes have been added to the competition to bring us to 28 teams.
Last edited by Dunnes on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hosts: World Triathlon Championships I
Results: Winner, WTC I

All-Time Olympic Medal Count: 3G-0S-2B
Owner: D Air, Destination Hotels and Resorts, The Hydra Beverage Company

Nevis and Kitts
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevis and Kitts » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:28 pm

If sign-ups are still allowed, then I'll join.
Name: Nevis and Kitts
Trigram: NEK
We do use NS stats!

Dunnes
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dunnes » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:53 pm

Nevis and Kitts wrote:If sign-ups are still allowed, then I'll join.
Name: Nevis and Kitts
Trigram: NEK

You’re accepted, you’ll take the place of Rio Solano (One of my Puppets).

With that entries are formally closed. This is now the OOC Thread.
Last edited by Dunnes on Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hosts: World Triathlon Championships I
Results: Winner, WTC I

All-Time Olympic Medal Count: 3G-0S-2B
Owner: D Air, Destination Hotels and Resorts, The Hydra Beverage Company

Annixe Christos
Secretary

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Annixe Christos » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:02 pm

We made a status on the 28/2 to pull out. Our nation is still listed on the nations attending.

Please remove.

Aggrey-Fynn Land
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aggrey-Fynn Land » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:51 pm

I think something is wrong with the rankings- Aggrey-Fynn Land should be third, Newmanistan should be fourth, Equestrian States fifth, and so on.

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:43 pm

Hi,

I know people have real lives but the lack of roleplays for this current Water Polo is not the best.
Hosts spends a lot of their times formatting and working the stats and putting their hand up to host.

Considering so many people were jumping on the forum in the prelude to the vote of no confidence it is disappointing that had more attention than an actual Water Polo cycle.

Kudos to Aggrey-Fynn Land and the others who have. Especially Aggrey-Fynn Land who I can see wants a win under their belt without West Phoenicia blocking their path. lmao lol lol

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Darkmania » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:10 am

West Phoenicia wrote:Hi,

I know people have real lives but the lack of roleplays for this current Water Polo is not the best.
Hosts spends a lot of their times formatting and working the stats and putting their hand up to host.

Considering so many people were jumping on the forum in the prelude to the vote of no confidence it is disappointing that had more attention than an actual Water Polo cycle.

Kudos to Aggrey-Fynn Land and the others who have. Especially Aggrey-Fynn Land who I can see wants a win under their belt without West Phoenicia blocking their path. lmao lol lol

Im sure the folks dont know that the IC is up, so i link it here.
Last edited by Darkmania on Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:50 am

I will definitely rp later today.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Kep
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:43 am

I shall be rping, my real life is very busy right now, as state before, there is currently a struggle for my custody between efax and my adopted parents and my priorities don't lie to NS right now. I will post an rp however in time for a cutoff either toay or tomorrow, however, I believe you should demonstrate some patience as our real lives are rather important to typing on a keyboard for sport.
I apologies and I intend to set an example with an RP soon.

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:07 am

Demonstrate some patience?

I am not demanding anything of anyone.

I made mention that people have real life issues they are going through and rp is not at the top of their list of things to do.

But for those who have the time they can if able to post a rp Otherwise its a waste of the hosts time, who are taking time out of their personal life to do a good thing and host and score..

It sounds like you are going through some trying and testing times which should be top priority. So I am unsure why you didnt step aside to deal with what's important in your life instead wanting to keep your role as President which is meaningless when it comes to real life issues.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:01 pm

West Phoenicia wrote:Demonstrate some patience?

I am not demanding anything of anyone.

I made mention that people have real life issues they are going through and rp is not at the top of their list of things to do.

But for those who have the time they can if able to post a rp Otherwise its a waste of the hosts time, who are taking time out of their personal life to do a good thing and host and score..

It sounds like you are going through some trying and testing times which should be top priority. So I am unsure why you didnt step aside to deal with what's important in your life instead wanting to keep your role as President which is meaningless when it comes to real life issues.

I mean, your nation decided to boycott the WPIC over an issue that was totally unrelated to the host. Real life affects people differently - some folks really do not have the time or ability to regularly roleplay in a particular competition. It stinks, and I do sympathize with any host that has difficulty in getting other members to post up.

That being said, I have been very lax in the RP scope for this competition. I plan to fix that during this weekend.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Sorry for the lack of RP and the crappy RP thrown up at the very last moment- I wanted to get SOMETHING up before the final.

Dunnes has done a great job, and best of luck to Darkmania :)
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:27 pm

The timing of this tournament was horrendous. It was the main reason I only signed up for it at the last minute. You can't run this at the exact same time the International Basketball Championships and World Cup of Hockey are going on. Not to mention, the racing threads are well-roleplayed.

Next time, signups for this tournament need to be when there is a lull, not when two major sport competitions (basketball and hockey) are taking place.

Dunnes has done a great job given the circumstance, but the lack of RP is due to horrible timing for the tournament, in my opinion, and not necessarily a lack of interest.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:46 pm

Newmanistan wrote:The timing of this tournament was horrendous. It was the main reason I only signed up for it at the last minute. You can't run this at the exact same time the International Basketball Championships and World Cup of Hockey are going on. Not to mention, the racing threads are well-roleplayed.

Next time, signups for this tournament need to be when there is a lull, not when two major sport competitions (basketball and hockey) are taking place.

Dunnes has done a great job given the circumstance, but the lack of RP is due to horrible timing for the tournament, in my opinion, and not necessarily a lack of interest.

Not to mention the West Phoeneican boycott, which took 4 teams (including me) out of the tournament. Frankly, the IWPF thinks that the sport/tournament is bigger than it actually is. Look at the Handball World Cup. That should be the example to other small sports on how to run a tournament.
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:00 pm

North Prarie wrote:
Newmanistan wrote:The timing of this tournament was horrendous. It was the main reason I only signed up for it at the last minute. You can't run this at the exact same time the International Basketball Championships and World Cup of Hockey are going on. Not to mention, the racing threads are well-roleplayed.

Not to mention the West Phoeneican boycott, which took 4 teams (including me) out of the tournament. Frankly, the IWPF thinks that the sport/tournament is bigger than it actually is. Look at the Handball World Cup. That should be the example to other small sports on how to run a tournament.

The whole controversy thing with signups was the main reason why I didn't RP. While I was sorta interested and did want to give some character development towards my nation, I wanted to stray away from the boycott issue, as I didn't want to get involved in the whole debacle.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Nepenisea
Attaché

Founded: Mar 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nepenisea » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:43 am

Nation Name: Nepenisea
Trigamme:SEA
A 30 civilization, according to this index.
Queer

North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:53 am

Nepenisea wrote:Nation Name: Nepenisea

Dude, the thing already started. This is a discussion thread now. Sorry. :P
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:36 am

North Prarie wrote:
Nepenisea wrote:Nation Name: Nepenisea

Dude, the thing already started. This is a discussion thread now. Sorry. :P

It already ended
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion