NATION

PASSWORD

NSSCRA Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:22 pm

My apologies to Sherpa Empire / Monitor for not writing much about your country and Valentian interactions like I used to.

Kindaaaa drained on the creativity part at the moment. ^^;
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:57 pm

Valentine Z wrote:My apologies to Sherpa Empire / Monitor for not writing much about your country and Valentian interactions like I used to.

Kindaaaa drained on the creativity part at the moment. ^^;

That's totally OK. I've been a little wiped out too.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:11 am

Do note that this is an actual News article this time and not some drivel from a Jingoistic Xannerian racing blogger :P
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019

Postby Hapilopper » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:17 pm

PROGRAMMING NOTE: I might be going radio silent over the next two weeks, but all good things. I am most likely relocating to another state in the next couple of weeks because of a new job and I might not be RPing to my normal level. But I hope to be back in time for the Super Skychief 500 as I've got some big things planned for that race.
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:29 pm

Hapilopper wrote:PROGRAMMING NOTE: I might be going radio silent over the next two weeks, but all good things. I am most likely relocating to another state in the next couple of weeks because of a new job and I might not be RPing to my normal level. But I hope to be back in time for the Super Skychief 500 as I've got some big things planned for that race.

Wishing you all the best with everything, and don't worry, the Valentians will take care of the Hapilopperians while you are away. :hug:
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:32 pm

Hapilopper wrote:PROGRAMMING NOTE: I might be going radio silent over the next two weeks, but all good things. I am most likely relocating to another state in the next couple of weeks because of a new job and I might not be RPing to my normal level. But I hope to be back in time for the Super Skychief 500 as I've got some big things planned for that race.

Ooh, nifty. Hope that all works out.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:17 pm

Hope you adapt to your new city and job, amigo.
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:42 pm

Greetings, everyone.

I would like to concede my guaranteed charter for Alex Knight to someone more deserving. I have not been able to RP, and don't anticipate being able to do so for the near future. I don't want to abandon my drivers entirely, so they can toil around and try to qualify in. I will not be pursuing the open charter in the Hampton Island races because again, I don't want to waste a spot.

I don't anticipate being able to RP in the World Cup either, but hopefully I can swing one or two things together. I just want to say thank you to the NS Sports community, it truly is amazing. Once you have really made this a part of your life, it can never get out of your mind entirely. This is not a final goodbye, just don't expect to see me around in the foreseeable future all that often.

The reasons for this, I promise, are very good. Work, family, etc. All is well. I wish the same for everyone.
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:47 pm

Hampton Island wrote:Greetings, everyone.

I would like to concede my guaranteed charter for Alex Knight to someone more deserving. I have not been able to RP, and don't anticipate being able to do so for the near future. I don't want to abandon my drivers entirely, so they can toil around and try to qualify in. I will not be pursuing the open charter in the Hampton Island races because again, I don't want to waste a spot.

I don't anticipate being able to RP in the World Cup either, but hopefully I can swing one or two things together. I just want to say thank you to the NS Sports community, it truly is amazing. Once you have really made this a part of your life, it can never get out of your mind entirely. This is not a final goodbye, just don't expect to see me around in the foreseeable future all that often.

The reasons for this, I promise, are very good. Work, family, etc. All is well. I wish the same for everyone.

Aw, sorry to hear you won't be RPing. Your RPs are good plot stirrers.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:51 pm

You'll be missed, but sounds exciting. Relocating for a new job is something I have done, and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Good luck with it.

I wish you the best. I share Sherpa's sentiment that you have a great knack for posting stuff that prompts interactions.

Sometimes, you have to look for the best fit to take this spot in the field from Alex Knight. That would certainly be Lexi Patterson, so she will be guaranteed going forward.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:50 pm

Wishing you all the best! Even though we have not really interacted with each other ICly, I definitely love your characters and your writing, and would love to see a comeback sometime in the future. Of course, this is not me rushing it; I wish you luck with wherever life takes you, and please take care of yourself.

Hope you have a great 2021 as well! ^^ ♥
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:00 pm

I believe that is the first time a non-chartered driver won a race! Might be wrong.
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Sword Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sword Island » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:34 pm

Can I have the open charter for Brisbane? I was going to put Ryan Pearson( the guy that Stevens just signed for Tier 1 next season) in the open charter slot to give him a bit of NSSCRA experience before next season. Also some info for Saint Kayne regarding Pearson's possible paint scheme:
-He'll run the #24 car sponsored by Vemon Energy Drinks. You can basically copy and paste Kurt Busch's Montser Energy scheme and replace the green with purple
"Why do you care what people think?
Are you hooked up to their leash?
You know anklebiters
Ate up your personality"- Paramore

Song of the Day: Face Down- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Album of the Day: brand new eyes- Paramore

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:40 pm

Newmanistan wrote:I believe that is the first time a non-chartered driver won a race! Might be wrong.

That win is definitely spicy.

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:14 am

To think Fiona got it before her chartered teammate too.
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:51 am

Congratulations on the win! That was amazing! ♥
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:25 am

An upset is good once in a while, congrats to Filindostan!

Hapilopper, good luck with your move.
Hampton, sorry to hear that. I agree about your RP's and in the discord, I've often mentioned you as being a great example of how one does not have to write a novel in a RP to actually say a lot and get a good RP bonus.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:25 pm

I'm changing the paint scheme and cosmetics of one of my cars, most very likely Valentijn's #10. I can do the paint job myself, no worries. Just a heads-up. ^^
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:00 pm

Sword Island wrote:Can I have the open charter for Brisbane? I was going to put Ryan Pearson( the guy that Stevens just signed for Tier 1 next season) in the open charter slot to give him a bit of NSSCRA experience before next season. Also some info for Saint Kayne regarding Pearson's possible paint scheme:
-He'll run the #24 car sponsored by Vemon Energy Drinks. You can basically copy and paste Kurt Busch's Montser Energy scheme and replace the green with purple

The open charter is fine.
I will let you use the #24 here, but do not get used to it. ;) This number is still considered the property of Newmanistan if I go back to three full time main series drivers next season.

Sword Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sword Island » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:14 pm

Newmanistan wrote:
Sword Island wrote:Can I have the open charter for Brisbane? I was going to put Ryan Pearson( the guy that Stevens just signed for Tier 1 next season) in the open charter slot to give him a bit of NSSCRA experience before next season. Also some info for Saint Kayne regarding Pearson's possible paint scheme:

The open charter is fine.
I will let you use the #24 here, but do not get used to it. ;) This number is still considered the property of Newmanistan if I go back to three full time main series drivers next season.

got it
"Why do you care what people think?
Are you hooked up to their leash?
You know anklebiters
Ate up your personality"- Paramore

Song of the Day: Face Down- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Album of the Day: brand new eyes- Paramore

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:12 pm

So it ain't just Hendo who gets aggro when spun out, huh.

Wonder if they'd still think of fighting if the other driver was one of those huge Valentians? Not that they'd ever do it intentionally. (If it was Linde he would definitely just let the incident pass. He saw Anastasia's rage last season, and they weren't even fighting - he just shouted at her.)

Also, if Chet isn't the host, is it still called "Big Ass Bash"?

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:09 pm

Saint Kanye wrote:So it ain't just Hendo who gets aggro when spun out, huh.

Wonder if they'd still think of fighting if the other driver was one of those huge Valentians? Not that they'd ever do it intentionally. (If it was Linde he would definitely just let the incident pass. He saw Anastasia's rage last season, and they weren't even fighting - he just shouted at her.)

Other driver might have been Rinzi.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:46 pm

Got a new car look, here's the TGA file for those who wants it:

#10 - Valkyrie Valentijn Samantha Constantine - New Paint Scheme. Takes you to my personal OneDrive account I use for NS stuff, don't worry! ^^

-----

Also am hosting and scorinating a domestic race of my own. Well, scorinating is a strong word - more of "Just run a random number generator and see what happens" kind of thing, just for the fun of it. :P
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Filindostan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Filindostan » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:55 am

Thanks guys, did not really expected the result.

Just to raise a few questions, first, is there another requirement for winning a regular season race (i.e, should be within top 25 or 30), and how will it affect the charter allocation for next season?
Nation active only for Motorsports.
The Artist formerly known as Sangti | Potentia et Sanctitas Populi
Baptism of Fire 66 Winners
Trigram: FID | Demonym: Filindo/Filindostani | Capital: San Marco | Leader: Dorigo Dutete | Newswire | No Nonsense Sportswear | Esportiva | IUBC Newswires | Domestic Motorsports

The Northern Chinese Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Northern Chinese Republic » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:10 pm

Filindostan wrote:Thanks guys, did not really expected the result.

Just to raise a few questions, first, is there another requirement for winning a regular season race (i.e, should be within top 25 or 30), and how will it affect the charter allocation for next season?

Charters are based on where you finish in the final standings at the end of the season. Making the Chase puts her in the top 16, though, so she'd most likely get a charter.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports