NATION

PASSWORD

NSSCRA Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:16 pm

I don't get it, how does 30 fit in with 1, 13 and 69?
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:04 pm

Saint Kanye wrote:I don't get it, how does 30 fit in with 1, 13 and 69?

I think he means letting Patterson use 69.

Unrelated, but is it possible to have a team that does not use the same driver every race, but still shares everything else including points? Shared cars, same number, same pit crew. I could give them a team name that you can use in the results tables so you do not have to change the name when they change who's driving.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:56 pm

Different drivers get different points, even if they use the same car. That's how it is in NASCAR, and I think the same in NSSCRA, since Tom Bombelli and Tucker Capps were scored differently even if they both drove the #16 for Xanneria.

I assume we would also follow RL with drivers who drove more than one car. Patterson's points in Hampton Island's #30 would be separate from her points driving for Jebslund, regardless of whether she keeps her number or not.
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:29 pm

Saint Kanye wrote:Different drivers get different points, even if they use the same car. That's how it is in NASCAR, and I think the same in NSSCRA, since Tom Bombelli and Tucker Capps were scored differently even if they both drove the #16 for Xanneria.

If that's the case, then I probably won't do it.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:13 am

What is your original plan?

Also I think there should be more of these open charter battles. But if the one who wants the open charter is from the home country, that driver doesn't need to go through the battle.

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:33 am

Jebslund wrote:
I mean, it isn't as if you won't get to RP her unless Newmanistan has a problem with that. She'd just be racing for Jebslund. As for interactions, I'm open to collaboration or you're more than welcome to RP it and I'll ask if I have any questions. I'm pretty chill when it comes to such things, and the idea was for her to get a good and proper career and get to RP outrage and Jebslunden hatred of business corruption and sympathy for its victims when said victims are known).

Technically she would also be racing for Hampton island. In the WGPO it is common to drive for foreign teams. Their win represents their nation, as well as the team. So she'd race for both. If he RP'd her, he'd still have control over the character. I can understand if he doesn't really want her out of the storyline he's set.

The driver battle was a great idea.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:08 am

Saint Kanye wrote:What is your original plan?

It was an idea I had for season 8, with Chu and Qiang sharing the DCA-controlled charter (the one Chu is using this season).

Vangaziland wrote:
The driver battle was a great idea.

Yeah, it was a good way to settle it.
Last edited by The Sherpa Empire on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:41 am

The Sherpa Empire wrote:
Saint Kanye wrote:What is your original plan?

It was an idea I had for season 8, with Chu and Qiang sharing the DCA-controlled charter (the one Chu is using this season).

You can do that, but they won't be able to make the Chase. Who gets Qiang's charter then? Wang?

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:53 am

Saint Kanye wrote:
The Sherpa Empire wrote:

You can do that, but they won't be able to make the Chase.

As I said, I probably won't do it in that case.

Who gets Qiang's charter then? Wang?

Dunno.

IRACT charters can go to anyone, and it's easy to explain why they would go to different people from one year to the next. The trickier question is what happens to Chu's charter while she is finishing her degree.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:26 pm

That contract offer includes rendering Lexi in 3D and actually setting up a GE&T storefront. Let me know if anybody else wants a custom model in this.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:36 pm

Hey, Hampton, just a heads up if Vamos Papi is trying to launch a smear campaign against Qiang and Li: Footage of Kai Qiang in drag is easier to find than Li pole dancing.

Nobody was filming at the strip club where Li did the pole dance unless one of the guests shot some footage on a cell phone or something.

Kai Qiang did a drag show to raise money for a charity in Guilin during the offseason, which was filmed in its entirety by the charity and the footage has been available online -- but not widely publicized outside the LGBT community -- since before the start of the season. In the video, he's weaing a red qipao with a long skirt, but slit up the side, black thigh-high boots, a fancy wig, and dangly gold earrings, and dancing down the catwalk with a pretty Chinese fan. It's quite elegant and not a lot of skin showing, and Kai Qiang has never done drag anywhere else, but it's still drag.

Also, everything Mendok and Qiang say to each other is in Sherpa, so the need to subtitle it might lessen the impact for international audiences.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Hampton Island
As I mentioned in my RP, the security footage of Li dancing was erased. No other cameras were allowed in there. There is no footage. For you to write that would mean that you have somebody who can breech my security. You do not. I don't give permission for people to just make stuff up about my nation. I said there would be no strip video leaks in my post for a reason. That would make Vangaziland look bad, as if there is some scandal there and we are so remiss that footage gets leaked.

Trust me, if it were certain other drivers then it would have gotten leaked. Li was protected in the club and I even went out of the way to write that up. The strip club video is thus null and void. Releasing hidden camera footage of a woman in a bikini is also not really a great look. Wearing a bikini is not a scandal.

Edit:
Link - viewtopic.php?p=34848091#p34848091
Quote - Unedited
"I'm surprised no drivers found themselves in trouble. I haven't heard of any major incidents."

They seemed to not have heard of the rumors of the driver Li dancing at a local club. The truth was that somebody had her back. While watching qualifying, a Yeezy driver's comments stirred the club manager's memory. He had all the basic details of everyone who participated in the amateur contest. There was also very clear security footage.

The manager destroyed all records, including the video footage. He knew the Vannish media would have loved the story once they got a hold of it. It was probably worth money. That wasn't how he wanted his club to operate though. If a patron's security tape got leaked, it might dry up amateur night. That was something he couldn't afford. The driver's secret would stay back on that one Blue Coast night.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:26 pm

It's conceivable that similar footage exists from a club somewhere in Chengdu from before the start of the season, but again, nothing that was professionally filmed or publicized. I'm OK with retconning it by saying it's from a club in Chengdu and throwing in a "How the hell did they find this?" but if they are doing that level of research looking for ways to smear the IRACT drivers, they would find Kai Qiang doing drag.

Stiller and Qiang did kind of let the word out that Li occasionally dances at strip clubs in her spare time, but even knowing that, it wouldn't be terribly easy to get footage.

Also, note that Tsering Chu is not using an IRACT charter, and Mendok Sherpa is not a member of IRACT.

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:30 pm

Sorry, guys.
Look, all I recalled was that a few drivers had mentioned the pole dancing, so I assumed, that there was more of a public record of this. I apologize and can easily edit my RP in the future by saying Vamos Papi had filmed a look alike of Li and that's who was in the ad.

I'm gonna be phasing out Vamos Papi anyway so anything they may have incorrect with can just be blamed on their own ignorance. It's meant to be an ignorant group of people, anyway.
Last edited by Hampton Island on Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Hampton Island wrote:I apologize and can easily edit my RP in the future by saying Vamos Papi had filmed a look alike of Li and that's who was in the ad.

Oh, that'll be fun. Li and her fans will have a field day with it. :lol:

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:33 pm

Sorry for not writing anything about the Patterson issue. I'm at a loss to figure how it relates with my drivers.

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:23 pm

Saint Kanye wrote:Sorry for not writing anything about the Patterson issue. I'm at a loss to figure how it relates with my drivers.

You're not obligated to write about it if it doesn't seem relevant to your characters and their stories.

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:49 pm

However, I'm as interested as any about how the saga unfolds.

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:17 pm

What is it about the Vilitan Mountain Challenge Course that lends itself to battles between drivers from Cassadaigua and Saint Kanye :D

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:46 pm

What is it about Dagans and Yeezies that make them want to go all out in the Vilitan Mountain Challenge Course? :lol:

Also, interesting finish. Last season, STK and CDG were 1-2. This season, STK was 1-2, CDG was 3-4, with the drivers who went 1-2 last season both being beaten by their teammates.

And Hampton Island could have gone 5-6 if a certain blue and red car didn't spoil the party.

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 pm

I know my next race is far away, but I want my open charter spot to be a battle between Philip West, Sage Caldwell and if Hampton Island accepts, Lexi Patterson.

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Full on art party before the race in Cassadaigua. Those portraits from Sherpa are amazing artwork. Now that's talent. Anybody can mess with computers. The entire line of recent photos really adds a lot to the thread.

Also, Chase drivers have some gifts inbound. Most Chase drivers, that is.

Jebslund
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Sherpa, you were *not* kidding about Kai Qiang being easily mistaken for a woman. Geez... He almost looks more feminine than the women...

Also, Vangaziland, any way for the women to get the tunic instead of the bag? Jebslunden women don't carry purses due to Jebslunden fashion designers understanding the wonder that is "useful pockets".
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.
Shockingly, we *do* use NS stats, with the exception of lifespan.
Singular sapient: Jebslunder
Plural Sapient: Jebslunden
Singular/Plural nonsapient: Kermanic
Note: When a verb can logically only be done by the sapient using/piloting/holding the object in question, then the appropriate demonym for the number of sapients is used.

Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism are ECONOMIC SYSTEMS. Stop conflating them with political systems.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Jebslund

They can get the tunic if they'd like. What is in style there? I may be able to give them the rest of the wardrobe. I'll post a pic I worked up of the outfit in a different color. They'd be getting that in the mustard scheme though most likely. I plan to work up an image of that. If they really like the tunic, they can get that. It's definitely a militant design and they are military women. It'd be tailored to them IC so it would fit well. I can also look through the wardrobe and see what else they might like.

Jebslund
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Vangaziland wrote:Jebslund

They can get the tunic if they'd like. What is in style there? I may be able to give them the rest of the wardrobe. I'll post a pic I worked up of the outfit in a different color. They'd be getting that in the mustard scheme though most likely. I plan to work up an image of that. If they really like the tunic, they can get that. It's definitely a militant design and they are military women. It'd be tailored to them IC so it would fit well. I can also look through the wardrobe and see what else they might like.

In general, men's and women's fashion isn't all that differentiated in Jebslund, as the "main" culture is one where most people favor practicality over fashion. Clothing isn't really without style, but designs that are popular tend to be simple and useful, with aesthetics geared toward noninterference with function.

Granted, the different subcultures and conquered cultures tend to have their own preferences. Nicht-Bill, for example, would like the heels if they were something he could fight in, as his family's cultural descendants viewed being and looking tall as a status symbol, but the general trend is toward militant practicality.

Not to mention a martial outfit would go wonderfully with any arms currently being worn.
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.
Shockingly, we *do* use NS stats, with the exception of lifespan.
Singular sapient: Jebslunder
Plural Sapient: Jebslunden
Singular/Plural nonsapient: Kermanic
Note: When a verb can logically only be done by the sapient using/piloting/holding the object in question, then the appropriate demonym for the number of sapients is used.

Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism are ECONOMIC SYSTEMS. Stop conflating them with political systems.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports