NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 42- SIGNUP THREAD *CLOSED*)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:13 pm

Signups are updated through this point.

Six days left for the submission of host bids as well. We currently have one, from Free Republics.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Sorrentopia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorrentopia » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:48 pm

Sorrentopia would like to begin its international sports history here.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:28 am

Vakolicci haven and Celeria will join.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:19 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Vakolicci haven and Celeria will join.

Please make sure to confirm your puppet's inclusion by making a post from that account.
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Juvencus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Juvencus » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:24 am

Newmanistan wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Vakolicci haven and Celeria will join.

Please make sure to confirm your puppet's inclusion by making a post from that account.

According to posts by him it's the same country.
The Holy Empire of Juvencus
Diverse yet united
Demonym: Juven Trigram: JUE Capital: Pomena
Sonnel is my home<3

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:37 am

11 days to go and we already have the same turn out as WBC 41.

Nice. ^^

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:39 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:11 days to go and we already have the same turn out as WBC 41.

Nice. ^^

I think the easy sign-up process makes it an attractive place to get started for people that are new to NS Sports and don't know what we're doing.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:33 pm

The Sherpa Empire wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:11 days to go and we already have the same turn out as WBC 41.

Nice. ^^

I think the easy sign-up process makes it an attractive place to get started for people that are new to NS Sports and don't know what we're doing.

Yep! ^^

When I signed up for WBC 38 it was a really nice welcome.

Humaliwo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Humaliwo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:41 pm

The Sherpa Empire wrote:

Nice. ^^

can absolutely confirm this - i'm not actually new to NS nor NS Sports (had a nation a few years back), but it's a nice way to get back into the swing of things
WIP

Baseball: 0.92 [T-43]

New Doltania
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby New Doltania » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:58 am

In
Sporting Achievements: Champions of the 1st De International Football Tournament
Hosting: Co-hosted Indian Champions League with Azadeshia

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:41 am

The Indian dream a bid for WBC 42
ic info
Azadeshia

Azadeshia (LinkHindi: Azadaishi, Telugu: Ājādēsīyā, Tamil: Acatēsiyā) officialy known as Democratic Republic of Azadeshia, is a country located in the region of India.It has a population of about 588 million people and it's growing fast.It is bounded by the Azadeshi Ocean in the south, the Golden Bay in the southwest and Bandinagar Sea in the southeast.It borders with Indusse to the west, Northwest Kalactin to the north, Upper Calcutta and Jhalpharezi to northeast.It has a colony in the Azadeshi Ocean called Kejri Islands.
Etymology
Azadeshia's name is not from a person's name or surname.The word "Azad" means "Free" and also the word "Desh means "Country", so it basically means the the country of freedom.
Other Info
There are a lot of stadiums in Azadeshia, but no stadiums for baseball, so we decided to play baseball in cricket stadium, we change the cricket field into a baseball field.Azadeshia is also a really sunny and hot place, because of being too close to the equator.The city halapur is like 40° and the coldest Kosala is like -68°.

northwest kalactin
Northwest Kalactin is a democratic monarchy ruled by hue Ñene and Queen Marie sports are very popular in Northwest Kalactin and Northwest Kalactins royal family does not have political power the royal family is queen Marie, King Rory, Prince Damon and princess Johanna
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gold Coast. The average income tax rate is 62.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.

The frighteningly efficient Northwest Kalactinian economy, worth 112 trillion Rupees a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 126,581 Rupees, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.

Stadiums

Only 1 stadium has been confirmed so far and it will host a semifinals match along with a group

Gold Coast baseball stadium

experiance
Azadeshia
Azadeshia Domestic Leagues
Co-Host Indian Champions League (Season 1)
All Indian Football League (Season 1)

Northwest Kalactin
Northwest Kalactin soccer league
Northwest Kalactin basketball league
Northwest Kalactin baseball leauge
Northwest Kalactin hockey league
all India cricket blast

Format
32 teams; 8 groups 4 teams per group top 2 make it to playoffs
40 teams; 8 groups 5 teams per group top 2 make it to playoffs
48 teams; 8 groups 6 per group top 3 make it to playoffs
56 teams; 8 groups 7 per group top 3 make it to playoffs

Playoffs
With 48 or 56 teams as you can see will both be done with 24 teams meanwhile with 32 teams 16 will make it but if we settle on 40 teams we will also do 16

scorinaton and RP bonus
Scorinatin will be done by xkorinate the roster RP bonus will never expire the RP bonus will degrade by it being split in half each match day
Last edited by Northwest Kalactin on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:11 pm

Humaliwo wrote:
The Sherpa Empire wrote:

can absolutely confirm this - i'm not actually new to NS nor NS Sports (had a nation a few years back), but it's a nice way to get back into the swing of things

I've been on NS since 2010, but I am new to the Sports forum.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Northwest Kalactin wrote:the Indian dream a bid for WBC 42

After looking it over and contemplating the bid and wanting to consider it valid, I am afraid that I cannot at this point as there is no mention of how RP bonus will be applied.

Once that is spelled out, I can then move your bid forward to be put up against Free Republics.

In the meantime, you should also:
-- Fix your scorination link instead of showing something from a yahoo search result.
-- Fix all the spelling/grammar errors to make it appear professional.
-- Explain how the playoffs will be structured.

I did see that you put "wip". Please only post a finished product in the future, no works in progress. If you can't do the entire bid in one sitting, do it in Microsoft Word or equivalent word processing program, and then submit to thread once the bid actually is complete.
Last edited by Newmanistan on Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tierra Fuego
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tierra Fuego » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:51 pm

Tierra Fuego would like to declare participation.

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Newmanistan wrote:
Northwest Kalactin wrote:the Indian dream a bid for WBC 42

After looking it over and contemplating the bid and wanting to consider it valid, I am afraid that I cannot at this point as there is no mention of how RP bonus will be applied.

Once that is spelled out, I can then move your bid forward to be put up against Free Republics.

In the meantime, you should also:
-- Fix your scorination link instead of showing something from a yahoo search result.
-- Fix all the spelling/grammar errors to make it appear professional.
-- Explain how the playoffs will be structured.

I did see that you put "wip". Please only post a finished product in the future, no works in progress. If you can't do the entire bid in one sitting, do it in Microsoft Word or equivalent word processing program, and then submit to thread once the bid actually is complete.

Done
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:59 pm

North Prarie will participate :)
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:11 am

Signups are updated through this point.
Reminder that there are 36 hours left until host bidding closes.

North Prarie
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:12 am

We would also like to submit a bid for hosting.
Hosting Experience
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 am

North Prarie wrote:We would also like to submit a bid for hosting.

The procedure for bidding is explained in the opening post. Please take a look.
More then likely, you would be biting off more then you could chew right now.

North Prarie
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:48 am

Newmanistan wrote:
North Prarie wrote:We would also like to submit a bid for hosting.

The procedure for bidding is explained in the opening post. Please take a look.
More then likely, you would be biting off more then you could chew right now.

Yeah, just saw that. I will restructure my bid.
Hosting Experience
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:06 am

With those 5 signups, WBC is bigger and better than the last one.

North Prarie
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:56 am

The Democratic Republic of North Prarie
Bid to Host the 42nd World Baseball Classic

Sports in North Prarie
North Prarie recently joined the international stage on NS Sports, but sports in North Prarie have been going on for decades. The country's most popular sport is Superball, a sport that is a mix of football and basketball. the 2nd and 3rd most popular sports are Baseball in 2nd, followed by Soccer (or football). The North Prarie Sports Commission was formed for hosting and entries in international sports competitions. The most successful sports team in North Prarie is Durham City FC, who have won 18 League Titles.

Resume
As before mentioned, North Prarie has recently joined NS Sports, therefore has not yet hosted a tournament. However, North Prarie has many GE&T 500 Companies who would be happy to sponsor the tournament.

Format
Group Play
If the number of teams, 45, stay the same, I will have 9 groups of 5 in the tournament.
Playoffs
During the Playoffs, I will seek to use a round-robin style of play. There would be 3 groups of 3, consisting of 3 winners from the Group Play. The teams would all play each other once, and whoever has the most wins would move on. For tiebreakers, I would use head-to-head matchups. The winners of those groups would move on to the Championship Group, where they would all play each other once, and, like the previous round, whoever has the most wins wins the tournament.

Scorinator & RP Bonus
I do not currently have a scorinator downloaded, but if my bid wins I would seek to use the latest version of xkorinate.
A RP bonus will be added at 505 for the Group Stage, then no bonus for the Playoffs. A roster bonus will be added on as well
Stadiums
North Prarie has many stadiums for use in the WBC. I would have each group be assigned a stadium, so here are the ones I would pick (these are RL stadiums):
Prariean Airlines Field
Host for Championship Group, a Playoff Group, and Group A.

Prariean Airlines Field is a stadium located in Durham, North Prarie. It was built in 2010 and is the home stadium for the Durham Angels in the North Prarie Baseball League. It seats 39.5 thousand people.
Bank of the Atlantic Park
Host for a Playoff Group and Group B

Bank of the Atlantic Park is a stadium located in downtown Stonebridge, the capital of North Prarie. It was built in 1999 and is the home stadium for the Stonebridge Cubs in the North Prarie Baseball League. It seats 47.9 thousand people.
Pompeii Park
Host for a Playoff Group and Group C

Pompeii Park is a stadium located in Highland, off the river coast. It was built in 2000 and is the home for the Highland Scotties of the North Prarie Baseball League. It seats 44.2 thousand people.
Swift Stadium
Host for Group D

Swift Stadium is a stadium located in downtown Wescott, the 4th largest city in North Prarie, behind Stonebridge, Durham, and Highland. It was built in 1998 and is the home for the Wescott Twins of the North Prarie Baseball League. It seats 48.3 thousand people.
Military Island Field
Host for Group E

Military Island Field is a stadium located on Military Island, in the city of Coastside. It was built in 2001 and is the home for the Military Island Jets of the North Prarie Baseball League. It seats 41.9 thousand people.

Thank you for your consideration.
Last edited by North Prarie on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hosting Experience
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:55 am

North Prarie wrote:Scorinator & RP Bonus
I do not currently have a scorinator downloaded, but if my bid wins I would seek to use the latest version of xkorinate.
A RP bonus will be added at 505 for the Group Stage, then no bonus for the Playoffs. A roster bonus will be added on as well

Two questions

One: what is 505?

Two: Before the first game day I have a big RP planed. Will I get a RP bonus for that if this bid gets voted in?

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:59 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:<snip>

Some further questions I have for the bidder:
1. Why no RP bonus for the playoffs?
2. More importantly, please explain what RP bonus is and how it will be applied in the scorinator?

That last question can also be asked towards Azadeshia and Northwest Kalactin.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

North Prarie
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:02 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
North Prarie wrote:Scorinator & RP Bonus

Two questions

One: what is 505?

Two: Before the first game day I have a big RP planed. Will I get a RP bonus for that if this bid gets voted in?

One: 50%. Forgot to shift, just a typo.
Two: Yes, you will get a bonus.
Hosting Experience
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports