NATION

PASSWORD

SportsNovumera.NV (Domestic Sportswire of Novumera)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Novumera
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

SportsNovumera.NV (Domestic Sportswire of Novumera)

Postby Novumera » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:52 am

SportsNovumera.NV

Welcome to the official news wire for domestic sports in Novumera. If you want a fixture against any of the teams or an international fixture against Novumera in any of the sports below then just send me a TG. The sports that are played are:

American Football
Athletics
Auto-Racing
Basketball
Boxing
Cricket
Football
Gaelic Football
Horse Racing
Hurling
Netball
Pentathlon
Rugby Union

On top of this there is the Novumeran Games roughly every two years, which showcases the best of Novumera's athletes in athletics, boxing, horse racing and pentathlon.

Please do not post in here unless you are a mod, thanks.

Novumera
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novumera » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:48 am

2017 Summer Cricket T20 Season Draws to a Close

Div 1: Hattien Hydras' Dominance Continues Into Professional League

Hattien enjoyed a third consecutive title, winning the first Novumeran professional cricket league. In a season full of excellent performances with both bat and ball, Angel Connolly's side began positively with three convincing wins over Jackiis, Elleno and Francland from the opening four fixtures. Shay Botterill, Colin Anderson, Chris Tipton and Connolly all hit half centuries during the opening quartet of games whilst Kerry O' Braoin took career best T20 figures 4-16 to help the Hydras move to the top of the table in the early stages. A destructive innings from Grahamia's Eoin Watt then prevented yet another victory in the following game but Hattien were soon back to winning ways courtesy of Connolly's unbeaten 99 against Annieton followed by another dominant victory at Anndon. Despite being ahead mid season, two consecutive defeats meant they dropped into third at the start of the second half of the season, trailing the Ghosts and Alicorns. However five wins on the trot secured the title with a game still to play. Luckily for the Cyclops, finishing last this season has no consequences as next season a new league format is coming into play as cricket will move to a play off system.

Div 1 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Hattien Hydras 14 10 0 4 2009 1880 +129 30
2 Grahamia Ghosts 14 8 0 6 1899 1837 +62 24
3 Anndon Alicorns 14 8 0 6 1954 1963 −9 24
4 Camdam Centaurs 14 7 0 7 1982 1910 +72 21
5 Francland Ladons 14 7 0 7 1954 1945 +9 21
6 Elleno Elves 14 7 0 7 1892 1955 −63 21
7 Annieton Thunderbirds 14 5 1 8 1766 1874 −108 16
8 Jackiis Cyclops 14 3 1 10 1821 1913 −92 10

Div 2: Mandia Win on Final Day

Mandia won the Division 2 title with an astonishing 79 run victory over Timlin. This is their first ever league title since the club was formed six years ago. At the other end of the table, results fell favourably for Neilia who steered clear of bottom on the final day with a win away at Josephia whilst Paulo lost at home to Johnstone. Unfortunately for the Minotaurs, finishing first does not mean promotion due to the new league format coming in for the winter season. A magnificent 73 by Phillip Foss firstly ensured Mandia bagged the three points required to secure the title, and then, assisted by an unbeaten 26 by Murdo Rose and 20 by Bruce Crouch, propelled them to a formidable 157-5, having elected to bat at Forest Road against Timlin. With the title in the bag the home side still came out fighting after tea and bowled the Mutants out for 78. The deserved celebration began in front of a good home crowd. Congratulations to Herman Frazier and his side for a highly successful season. Driscoll Stark and Loren Byrne put on a 50 opening partnership for Neilia at Josephia. Byrne departed first for 19 with the score on exactly 50. Stark batted on to make 43 and with the assistance of 12 from Cian Bryson and a breezy 17 by Naoise Ramsay, the Leprechauns reached 114-7 at the half way stage. Ferdy Ralston and Aran Beverley took three apiece as the Shapeshifters struggled for runs. 25 from Mervin Ormonde and tens from Cavan Dempsey, Branden Crisp and Ailpein Duncanson apart Josephia fell 31 runs short.

Div 2 Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Mandia Minotaurs 14 9 0 5 1931 1859 +72 27
2 Jesston Typhons 14 7 1 6 1898 1873 +25 22
3 Timlin Mutants 14 7 0 7 1948 1956 −8 21
4 Josephia Shapeshifters 14 7 0 7 1842 1884 −42 21
5 Jeno Nymphs 14 7 0 7 1912 1976 −64 21
6 Johnstone Sea Monsters 14 6 1 7 1836 1806 +30 19
7 Neilia Leprachauns 14 6 0 8 1891 1861 +30 18
8 Paulo Phoenix 14 6 0 8 1858 1901 −43 18
Last edited by Novumera on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Novumera
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novumera » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:58 am

Domhnail Edges Out Park

Mac Domhnail (13-8-2, 1 KO) won the Novumeran cruiserweight title with a split decision victory against the southpaw Jared Park (14-5-1) at Francland's Fortress Arena on Saturday.

Domhnail dropped Park in the second round with a hard right hand and engaged in explosive exchanges in each round to win by scores of 115-112 and 114-113, while one judge scored the fight 115-113 for Park.

“I fought very well,” said Mac Domhnail. “I’m happy with the fight. At the fifth round, we had some trouble but we came out on top. Trust me, I have a great connection with my team and with my trainer, so we worked hard and kept at it. I knew I had to let the dogs out.”

“No one can ever doubt my hard work,” said Jared Park. “Yes, I got off to a rocky start. He [Domhnail] caught me in the eye. A nice shot that put me on the mat. But I had to fight. I had to get focused. I didn’t think he was landing any shots whatsoever in the second half.”

Huff Wins Heavyweight Title Over Yap

Daley Huff was successful in his hunt for the Novumeran Heavyweight belt with a controversial majority decision over Jeremy Yap in Francland City on Friday night. It was a difficult to score in all honesty, neither fighter exactly staked their claims to be known as a "national champion" but the wide margins of the judges’ scorecards will bring boxing into the headlines for all the wrong reasons. The 114-114 card could hardly be disputed, it really was that close, however the two 118-110 scores that were delivered are nothing short of disgraceful.

It was a classic case of a boxer versus a puncher, with Huff just bombing forward looking to land one big shot whilst Yap kept on the back foot and worked off his jab for the majority. Huff’s work was crude and messy, he struggled to find a clean punch up until the fifth round, whereas Yap seemed content with popping out his long range finder as he nullifies anything that his opponent was trying.

Yap constantly kept on the move in an attempt of frustrating Huff. The tactics were definitely working but a clash of heads in the fourth round opened up a cut on Yap’s eye and although he wasn’t badly injured it did seem to slow his pace slightly from there on out. Huff stalked forward, showing limited head movement and footwork, and managed to land scruffy punches to the body as he tried to pin Yap on the ropes and sap his leg strength.

The pair swapped power punches in the sixth round, a nice inside uppercut from Yap was answered by two overhand rights by Parker but none of the punches landed hard enough to make a lasting impression. The crowd weren’t overly excited with the action and for a national championship fight it didn't show a lot of quality.

In the buildup it was claimed that Yap's best chance of victory was to box and make it "dull" which is exactly what he did. It wasn’t exciting but the 20 year old did display terrific footwork as he often made Huff miss wildly and look amateurish, the only problem is that in return he didn’t throw an awful lot of shots himself.

Daley Huff must have been scoring points on his aggressive manner because it cannot have been on punches landed, they were extremely few and far between, it did however appear that he was the one forcing the action and that is favoured by certain judges and officials. Jeremy Yap’s corner did frequently inform the youngster that he needed to do more in order to sway the verdict in his favour but it would appear he never stood much chance.

Round twelve definitely belonged to the victor, probably the clearest round to score of the whole fight, as he landed two strong overhand right hands to the jaw of his opponent. Yap took the shots with difficulty, unable to ride out of them as he had done previously in the contest, but he remained upright and held on as the final bell approached. The feeling around ringside was that it was a close fight, that it could sway either way depending on the kind of tactics you were preferred, but there was nobody claiming a dominant victory for either man.

The poor judging and score systems needs to be addressed. Fans were short changed and so was Yap, it may not have been a great fight but both men still deserved a fair verdict. I could have seen the fight a round or two either way, a draw was certainly understandable, but to say that Jeremy Yap only won 2 rounds is baffling and shocking.

For Yap, at such a young age, there is plenty of time for him to learn and adapt from this. He’s an awkward fighter with good skills but he needs a higher workrate if he is to break the big dogs of the division. For Daley Huff it is a question of whether he has any more dimensions in his arsenal because if not then his national title reign may not last a whole lot longer.
Last edited by Novumera on Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Novumera
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novumera » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:01 pm

2017 Autumn Season Finishes

Men's	   Meetings   Golds   Silvers   Bronzes   Points		
Colin O' Baoghill 10 3 1 1 19
George Roydon 10 3 1 1 19
Drew Caldwell 10 1 3 0 14
Perry McNeil 10 2 1 0 13
Gavin Daniel 10 1 0 2 7