NATION

PASSWORD

International Tennis Trophy 3 [IC|NSTT]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Buddharia
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Buddharia » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:57 am

"Hey, Simon, do you ever watch tennis?" Sidney said while waiting for class to start.

"Why would I watch that garbage?" Darron replied.

"Ummmm, you know Stella Bridges and Naomi Myers?"

"Yeah, shouldn't they be in class with us? I haven't seen them in a few days."

"That's because they are playing in the International Tennis Trophy!"

"Yeah, yeah, really why haven't they been at school? Are they skipping out for some party? Why wasn't I invited to the party?!?!? I'm always invited."

"Simon, you can be a real prick you know that?"

"Hey, I just want to party with those two sexy ladies."

"Thanks for proving my point, also that's fucking disgusting."

"Hey babe, I'd party with you too."

"Simon, could you do me a favor and shut the fuck up?"

"Anything for a lady," Darron said with a wink.

"Now you're just being creepy. I'm starting to get the feeling I shouldn't talk to you anymore."

"Hey, hey, hey, I'm sorry. What were you trying to tell me again?"

"I was trying to tell you about Stella and Myers!"

"Oh, right the two-"

"Fuck. You. I'm done"

"Alright, really, what did you want to tell me?"

"I was trying to say that Stella and Myers won the first round of the junior ITT for us!"

"The ITT?"

"Fucking dumbass, the International Tennis Trophy."

"Oh yeah, I forgot they were into tennis."

"Oh. My. God. Do you even understand the significance of this?"

"Guess not? Who cares that they won some stupid tennis thing?"

"Some stupid tennis thing? Really? They pretty much just won a match of the Olympics for us!"

"Yeah, sure."

"Alright, maybe not as big but you could be a little more supportive of your fellow classmates and my best friends!"

"Congrats."

"I'll be sure to pass that message along. Dear Stella and Myers, Darron says, 'Congrats, P.S. I'd love to party with you sexy ladies'"

"You think they would invite me to the National Trophy of Tennis?"

"International Tennis Trophy!!!"

"Yeah that."

"No they won't! Especially since you're such a di-"

"Settle down class," Mrs. Albers said as she walked into the room, "class is about to begin."

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:44 am

He sat in his posh condo on the far south end of Albertville that overlooked Les Menuires, the famed ski slopes that drew in tourists from across the globe. He was slowly, then more rapidly, sipping on a snifter of schnapps as the incessant monotone of one his aides bombarded him.

“Mr. Quiront, I know it looks bleak right now, but we can try again for the cantonal council…”
The cantonal council was the ruling body of each canton of the Confederacy. In the case of the Rhone canton, which had Albertville as its capital, they had a ruling council of five seats.

“We can try again and we can re-organize the campaign. I think there was just a matter of miscommunication going on with the staff and your speech writers…”
He had ad libbed a lot of his comments, going way off script from what his campaign writers had prepared for him. It had gone very badly. He was still mayor of the city of Albertville, at least. Until they voted him out of office there.

“Why don’t you just be honest and say my political career is completely torpedoed?!”

“No, no...no, er, um...No, that’s not what…”

Another, older man walked into the room and gently put a hand on the aide's shoulder.
“Take a break, Elias. Let me and Paul talk by ourselves, eh?”

“Yes, okay, sir. Will do.”
Elias stood up and exited the living room to join the rest of the whispering, despondent staff that dwelled in the kitchen and dining area of the condo.

Willi, a long time friend of Paul Quiront, sat down in the leather chair vacated by the young aide. He didn't wear a suit, but had on a nice cardigan over a button down shirt and pleated slacks.
“At least the fuckers still defer to and believe in you, huh?”

“I guess. They don’t know any better. Shit is over, Willi...I’ll never get another shot. They hate me out there. It’s a matter of time before they vote me out of mayoral office. All those libtard snowflakes couldn’t even give me a chance to make things right here. Two terms and we could have had this town back on track.”

“Paul…”

“Council seat and I could have had this whole canton on track. Assembly seat and we start to get this backwards country in line with the rest of the world. But...It was not to be…”

“Paul...Paul! Listen...I think we’re gonna have Doctor Motallo give you something to help you sleep. You need it. You’ve been campaigning non-stop these last few weeks. You can relax now and we’ll regroup in the morning.”

“What if I went back to the tennis circuit, Willi?”

“Oh, god! That’s a bad idea. Have you seen how badly they’ve been doing this past year? Besides, you’re not really in that kind of shape anymore, Paul...”
Quiront had never really been in top shape even during the peak of his professional tennis career. He now had a considerable gut to match his appetite and lack of proper exercise.

“Well, if I got back on board with the NETC team...got back in training...maybe we could get things on track.”

“You think you’re gonna be the savior for NETC? Shit man! They are down the tubes. Hell, look at this International Tennis Trophy going on right now. They got the best players representin’ us, and that’s not saying much. Marla Gerard is propping up the team right now, but just barely.”

“Ugh. Marla. She hates me.”

“I got news for ya, Paulie. They almost all do. Hell, I hate you half the time. You really know how to burn bridges. If you stay on campaigning for higher office, you’ll miss building the experience of shining in your current one. You have a little bit of term left, why don’t you throw the citizens a few bones?”

“Lost cause, Willi. I really should consider getting back to tennis. I think that’s what I was good at. This politics shit is for the dogs.”

“Really think you should focus on your current job, bud.”

“Yeah...but…I dunno...”
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Random Britonish blogger decides to shoot a small video of his reaction of last night's ITT...

"Not much going on in Ceni, Cenial, The Ceniwizzle, International Tennis Trophy, dawg. Britonisea and Mercedini, like the two amigos yeah, went head to head yesterday, and Leo Garry and Lizzy Quehall, my girl, lost to Jack Parminus, what a cool name, and Adam Stratesimov, not such a cool name. The match was mad boring, yo. Like the Merc people won the first set, 6-1 famalamalam. The first set was basically full of memes, bruh. The second set, Queen Lizzy and Leo the Lion came back fighting yeah and won it 6-4, and I applaud them. However, they flopped in the next two sets, flopped harder than Al-Montis. Bruh, it was so sad to see I was PHYSICALLY closing my eyes, like mate, I couldn't cope.

The little kiddies also played too and fam, they lost too. Emma and Jack literally got roasted through their tennis racquets today when Yazhu and Yi, apparently from Rushmori Bojikstsn, took that final set 6-2. It was disgustinggggg.

Yeah just thought I should post my thoughts on that tennis cup trophy thing. If you liked my video, give it a thumbs up, if you'd want to see more content, just subscribe...wouldn't care if you didn't, already got 2.45655 Million. Comment below with your predictions... I think we are going to get Mer-ked. Get what I did there, no? Leave."
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Bojikstan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bojikstan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:01 pm

B.S NETWORK: YOUR TRUSTWORTHY SOURCE
ITT 3: Bond between teammates becomes stronger, Bojikstan jumps ahead of Britonisea
Posted by Grace Luna

The latest action from the ITT happened in doubles, and Rushmori Bojikstan's Trey Engard and Fen Li defeated Perry Everest and Denver O'Neil of Very Small and Unusually Obscure Island. In the Junior ITT, Yanzhu Huang and Yi Sun defeated Emma Benten and Jack Wheale, from Britonisea. Britonisea is a country in the same region as Bojikstan, Ultimaverse, and is also a country that has recently competed against Bojikstan in the World Hit Festival and in the Independents Cup. You could say that the rivalry is tied. Britonisea had the better World Hit Festival, but Bojikstan defeated them in the knockout rounds of the Independents Cup.

Tennis could be a tiebreaker in this rivalry, and Huang and Sun delivered their own tiebreaker by taking the lead in the Junior ITT series. After Huang dropped her first match earlier, to tie the series at 1-1, she came up big and managed to bounce back and have a strong game playing next to Yi Sun. Supposedly, Sun is playing as her doubles partner because he gets along with her better than Jorge Palacios does. Huang was asked about that when the players met for a press conference afterwards, and somewhat agreed. 'You could say that me and Yi have better chemistry than me and Jorge, even though there isn't a real rivalry between us. But I guess you could say the contract stuff and the stuff that we've said about each other is the reason behind that, and I don't know what other outcome there could be from that."

On the senior side, chemistry was named as one of the reasons why Engard and Li were able to take a win in their longest match of the tournament. 'In the end, it looked like we were the ones who were having more fun out there. We actually like playing together, even though most people probably don't see that,' said Engard. 'Yes, there's a rivalry between the different tennis scenes in Bojikstan, but this competition is fun because we're putting that aside and representing the country. Playing with Fen is like playing on an all star team, and I suppose our form is like an all star team, too.'
"All these sorrows I have seen, they lead me to believe, everything's a mess... But I wanna dream. Leave me to dream..."
The war torn home of the Bojik people. It's pronounced bah-jik-stan or bah-jik-stahn, not boe-jik-stan
the ghost formerly known as anglatia

sports: independents cup 3 fourth place

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:53 pm

GROUP A
Ceni vs Eastfield Lodge
Johmer Vales (CEN)                 4   6   6   1   6
Giorgio Irani (EFL) 6 2 3 6 1

Estela Fenton-Millington (EFL) 6 2 5 6 7
Kika Dovan (CEN) 1 6 7 3 6
Ceni wins series 4-1

Natanians and Nosts vs Novacoras
Rog Ion Tralito (NTN)              6   6   6
Floki Evenson (NOV) 4 2 3

Rollo Logarson (NOV) 6 4 6 4 6
Maria Claudia Amulio (NTN) 3 6 1 6 4
Natanians and Nosts win series 3-2

Group A table
.                        Pld   W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Ceni 1 1 0 4 1 +3
2 Romaian 1 1 0 3 2 +1
3 Eastfield Lodge 2 1 1 5 5 0
Natanians and Nosts 2 1 1 5 5 0
5 Novacoras 2 0 2 3 7 −4

GROUP B
Neu Engollon vs Electrum
Felice Mareux (NEG)                7   7   6
Greg Meares (ETM) 6 5 3

Andrew Simmons (ETM) 7 1 3 6 3
Marla Gerard (NEG) 6 6 6 4 6
Neu Engollon wins series 3-2

Mattijana vs Jiyon
Dominika Lisicki (MTJ)             7   3   4   7   7
Karl Danvers (USJ) 6 6 6 5 5

Polly Harris (USJ) 2 6 7 4 7
Maria Julenic (MTJ) 6 4 5 6 6
Mattijana wins series 4-1

Group B table
1 Mattijana 2 2 0 9 1 +8
2 Neu Engollon 1 1 0 3 2 +1
3 Electrum 2 1 1 7 3 +4
4 Nombiliad 1 0 1 0 5 −5
5 Jiyon 2 0 2 1 9 −8

GROUP C
New Gelderland vs Qasden
Liam Penderyn (NGD)                1   6   6   6   6
Paisley Brazzos (QAD) 6 7 1 4 0

Ty Kanelious (QAD) 2 1 4
Andrew Lamar (NGD) 6 6 6
New Gelderland wins series 5-0

Tobiasia vs Buddharia
Alex Sanders (TOB)                 6   4   4   6   6
Amberly Mosier (BUD) 4 6 6 1 2

Conrad Fox (BUD) 4 6 7 6
Paul Chinra (TOB) 6 1 6 4
Tobiasia wins series 3-2

Group C table
1 Tobiasia 2 2 0 7 3 +4
2 New Gelderland 1 1 0 5 0 +5
3 Qasden 2 1 1 3 7 −4
4 Buddharia 2 0 2 4 6 −2
5 Islana Lunigo 1 0 1 1 4 −3

GROUP D
Mercedini vs Britonisea
Cracik Almeronovic (MRC)           6   7   6   7
Derek Dubrovnik (BRI) 4 6 7 5

Leo Garry (BRI) 6 6 6
Mei Jokek (MRC) 4 3 3
Britonisea wins series 3-2

Rushmori Bojikstan vs VS&UO Island
Trey Engard (RUB)                  4   7   6   3   6
Ceci Lloyd (VSI) 6 6 1 6 2

Donovan Fields (VSI) 3 6 7 7 6
Fen Li (RUB) 6 7 5 5 7
Rushmori Bojikstan wins series 5-0

Group D table
1 Rushmori Bojikstan 2 2 0 10 0 +10
2 Britonisea 2 2 0 7 3 +4
3 Mercedini 1 0 1 2 3 −1
4 Bortonania 1 0 1 0 5 −5
5 VS&UO Island 2 0 2 1 9 −8

Junior ITT
GROUP A
Buddharia vs Romaian
Rodney Vega (BUD)            6   6
Eleni Romanou (ROA) 3 3

Manouil Nomikos (ROA) 1 5
Shane Fuller (BUD) 6 7
Buddharia wins series 5-0

Mercedini vs Mattijana
Monica Vinci (MRC)           2   3
Dan Ljukanić (MTJ) 6 6

Julia Marelika (MTJ) 6 4 6
Benjamin Kryoni (MRC) 2 6 3
Mattijana wins series 3-2

Group A table
1 Mattijana 2 2 0 7 3 +4
2 Buddharia 1 1 0 5 0 +5
3 Mercedini 2 1 1 7 3 +4
4 Qasden 1 0 1 0 5 −5
5 Romaian 2 0 2 1 9 −8

GROUP B
Nombiliad vs Eastfield Lodge
Kindall Whittauch (NMB)      4   7   5
Novia Ortiz (EFL) 6 6 7

Rufus Steward (EFL) 6 6
Rod King (NMB) 4 2
Eastfield Lodge wins series 4-1

Britonisea vs Rushmori Bojikstan
Norwich King (BRI)           5   4
Yazhu Huang (RUB) 7 6

Jorge Palacios (RUB) 6 2 6
Niltche Toriblesch (BRI) 2 6 4
Rushmori Bojikstan wins series 4-1

Group B table
1 Rushmori Bojikstan 2 2 0 9 1 +8
2 Eastfield Lodge 1 1 0 4 1 +3
3 Britonisea 2 1 1 5 5 0
4 VS&UO Island 1 0 1 1 4 −3
5 Nombiliad 2 0 2 1 9 −8
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Mattijana
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:48 am

"Good evening everyone. Your NSTT roundup for tie two comes from Capitol Mall in central Cenial, another of the wonderful parks that can be found here in Cenial. We've got the imposing Capitol building ahead of us and the beautiful reflecting pool as our backdrop for the show. I'm Daniella Jamara and I'm joined once more by former Mattijanan number one and current head of recruitment for the MattijTennisBand Alex Dimitrov, as well as current Mattijanan number 3 Aljaž Ćorluka.

We're going to start by taking a look at Mattijana's second match of the tournament against Jiyon, the second of the group's unranked sides. Dominika Lisicki and Maria Julenic got things off to a great start with two victories before Slazić and Basič stepped up again to win Mattijana the tie.

Starting with the singles, we saw Lisicki needed the extra set to overcome Polly Harris. Did you find that surprising Alex?"

"I don't think it's anything to be particularly alarmed about. Dominika hasn't played a lot of match tennis recently, so it's no surprise she was a little slow out of the blocks. The other thing to bear in mind is that she was playing against a big server as was reflected in the set scorelines, so the sets are always going to be tight and if you lose a break, you'll struggle. What matters is after losing the first set, she picked up and won the next three against a very spirited opponent, so yes, it wasn't vintage Lisicki but she did enough to get through comfortably and she'll only improve from here."

"Can the competition trouble her for a place in the big games?"

"Perhaps. Of course you did a good job in the first game Aljaž and Maria played brilliantly in her first match, so it'll be interesting to see how things pan out in the second round of matches this tie, but at the moment I can see Dominika starting against Neu Engollon."

"Well as you mentioned, Maria Julenic was also in action against Karl Danvers. Matej Bergisman was commentating on that game for Mattijana Radio 5 and is free to give us the match report."

"Hi Daniella. Yep, I think what we saw today was a very mature performance from Maria Julenic not in her reaction to adversity as she didn't really face any, but in her ability to maintain a relentless and ruthless level of performance that was far beyond anything that Danvers was able to offer. She took the first set 7-5, eventually cracking the Danvers serve at 6-5 up, although the break looked inevitable from game two onwards and then faced an increasingly more dejected player from Jiyon claiming the second set 6-1 and the third 6-2 as Danvers never really looked like making a comeback. I know she'll face tougher matches in the future, but what we saw today was a performance worthy of the hype she's been given by many of the Mattijanan people."

"Thanks for that Matej. Having only been around for a year or so Aljaž, what do you make of Maria?"

"Well I'm certainly looking over my shoulder nervously. I think she's one of the greatest talents in world tennis, not just to make your debut as she did, but to push on as she has done and end up in the squad for the seniors this year at her age is incredible, so I'm really looking forward to what she can do in the future even if it does make me Mattijanan number 4."

"And Alex. Of course you were a large part of the decision that brought Maria to the Junior ITT last year. You must be delighted to see the player she's becoming."

"Of course it's always satisfying to see a great talent like Maria emerge from our own development system. It really does vindicate the decision to invest in those facilities and in sport in general in this country and it's a sign that we're really getting things right with our junior programme, which offers even more encouragement as it means there might be even more to come. Our junior ITT side have already won two matches out of two, including against Mercedini who have a brilliant junior development section, so the future looks really bright for Mattijanan tennis."

"What do you think it takes to have such a successful academy system, particularly for tennis?"

"I like the centralised system we have here. Our players come from all over a very large country, so being able to get the whole junior squad together in either Pulnik or on the clay in Burges is really useful, particularly in preparation for big tournaments like this. Of course it keeps travelling costs down, and we can centre the best coaches we have in one location, meaning we can invest more in facilities and in scouting to find and nurture our junior players a lot better. I think the mix of academic study and sports practise is also a positive. It keeps our athletes in the real world, allowing them to keep the normal school experience whilst still getting the best tuition, and we have a set relaxation day allowing everyone to have a proper social life, enjoy sports, not necessarily their main sport, from a more social viewpoint as well as relieving stress and lowering the chances of picking up an injury. That sport/life/study balance is crucial because the worst thing we can do is solely focus on one sport."

"Thanks for that insight Alex. Earlier today we talked to more Mattijanan and international fans from around the city and here's what they had to say."
----
"Hi there. Thanks for having a chat with Mattijanan television. What did you make of the last few day's play from the Cenian perspective?"

"I'm from the North of Ceni, near Santiago, so it's amazing to come down here and soak up some of the great atmosphere, not just made by Cenian fans, although we do really love the sport, but by the many fans that are here. I've seen people from Mercedini, Electrum, Bojikstan and of course Mattijana and it's great to welcome them all here to see what our country is about. I went to see the last day of singles matches in the Ceni against Eastfield Lodge match and it was awesome to see some of the world's best in action. We got a 4-1 win in our toughest tie, so we're looking forward to some more Cenian winning."

"Well of course it's Ceni who are the dominant force in the sport at the moment. Is there a feeling in Ceni at the moment that you'll never lose that position."

"I don't want to be too cocky, but there is for sure great confidence in our players and teams. New Gelderland have looked good recently and there's a few up and coming nations, Mattijana included. But for now we're just enjoying the winning feeling because we're not always as lucky in other sports."

"Thanks again for talking. Have a great time in Cenial."
---
"So that was the consensus of one Cenian fan we met earlier. That's about all we have time for today, so thanks to Alex and Aljaz for joining us. We'll be live again from the Japanese garden in Cenial after tie three. It's Mattijana against Neu Engollon in our toughest match yet. Goodnight."
The socialist republic of Mattijana:
As if Austria, Slovenia, North-Eastern Europe and Sweden were merged together into some weird stew of a country.
through resilience, we are strong!

Buddharia
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Buddharia » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Junior Team Sweeps Romaian!

While the main Buddharian team may not be faring particularly well in their debut International Tennis Trophy, the junior team is certainly holding it's own. Rodney Vega and Shane Fuller won both of their single matches in style. While the duo of Naomi Myers and Stella Bridges look completely unstoppable. With a stunning 5-0 sweep over Romaian the future of this tournament looks great for such a young group.

The 14 year old Fuller was quoted before the tournament saying, "It's honestly just an honor to be given the chance to make my country proud. I really just want to put on a great show for my friends back home." My, my, what a great show he has been giving us. Especially his last match against Manouil Nomikos where he absolutely just aced it.

Our pro team is just trying to prove they can compete on the world stage, but our junior team is proving we can win there too. Watching them grow up and possibly make the main stage one day will certainly be a treat. Keep making us proud out there kids!

Bojikstan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bojikstan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:15 pm

ITT 3: Rushmori Bojikstan in good position, leads both groups
Posted by Grace Luna

It's no longer possible to say that the success of Rushmori Bojikstan in the ITT has been a fluke. Both the senior and junior players are leading their groups, and Trey Engard and Fen Li have been performing well for awhile. They have a +10 point differential in the standings, compared with +4 from Britonisea, and the junior team has a +8 advantage compared to +3 from Eastfield Lodge. They've also proven themselves in tough matches already. Both of the senior matches against Very Small and Unusually Obscure Island that happened most recently for Engard and Li went to five sets, and both times, they came out with victories.

Jorge Palacios faced a three set match against Niltche Toriblesch, and won the final set 6-4 to keep himself from taking his first loss. And when Bojikstan did lose, it was under the pressure of a sponsor controversy, that seems to have calmed down now, at least for the moment. Whatever this actually says about the quality of the team, it shows that the future is bright for them. Especially with the performance of the junior team, which right now, should be one of the best two junior teams in the tournament. After all, there's only two groups, and Bojikstan is topping one of them.

After the matches, Palacios was asked about the lead. 'I'm not surprised,' he remarked. 'We have a lot to play for, here in Bojikstan. More than some other countries, at least. The stereotype is that tennis is an affluent sport, and that might be somewhat true, but many of us here in Bojikstan aren't from that background. Some of us are more working class, others are lower middle class, but I don't think there's too many of us that come from wealth and don't have anything to play for. If you ask me, that's why we've jumped out to such a good start internationally.'

Yanzhu Huang agreed with his comments. 'In Golden Atoll, there were reminders everywhere that I needed to make something of myself. I love it, but at the same time, I never wanted to spend my whole life on that little island in Rushmore. And so, I worked harder on tennis than anyone that I knew, and I guess that's why I've been able to keep up. Growing up, that was the one ticket I had for getting off of the island. I don't know if investing all my time into it was a good choice or not, but it's what I did, and it seems to be working now.'
Last edited by Bojikstan on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All these sorrows I have seen, they lead me to believe, everything's a mess... But I wanna dream. Leave me to dream..."
The war torn home of the Bojik people. It's pronounced bah-jik-stan or bah-jik-stahn, not boe-jik-stan

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:40 pm

GROUP A
Natanians and Nosts vs Ceni
Rog Ion Tralito (NTN)          4   3   3
Johmer Vales (CEN) 6 6 6

Maria Claudia Amulio (NTN) 1 4 3
Kika Dovan (CEN) 6 6 6
Ceni leads series 2-0

Romaian vs Novacoras
Georgios Sevos (ROA)           1   6   6   4
Rollo Logarson (NOV) 6 2 7 6

Theodora Patrikiou (ROA) 4 6 6 4 6
Floki Evenson (NOV) 6 4 2 6 1
Series tied 1-1

GROUP B
Mattijana vs Neu Engollon
Dominika Lisicki (MTJ)         7   3   2   7   6
Marla Gerard (NEG) 6 6 6 6 3

Maria Julenic (MTJ) 5 4 6 4
Felice Mareux (NEG) 7 6 3 6
Series tied 1-1

Nombiliad vs Jiyon
Edmond Stevens (NMB)           6   6   3   6
Karl Danvers (USJ) 4 4 6 3

June Fisher (NMB) 4 6 6 6
Polly Harris (USJ) 6 4 1 4
Nombiliad leads series 2-0

GROUP C
Tobiasia vs New Gelderland
Alex Sanders (TOB)             0   4   5
Liam Penderyn (NGD) 6 6 7

Paul Chinra (TOB) 2 5 4
Andrew Lamar (NGD) 6 7 6
New Gelderland leads series 2-0

Islana Lunigo vs Buddharia
Dodger Predator (ILO)          1   5   6   3
Conrad Fox (BUD) 6 7 2 6

Kula Na'ia (ILO) 4 2 6 6 6
Amberly Mosier (BUD) 6 6 3 2 7
Buddharia leads series 2-0

GROUP D
Rushmori Bojikstan vs Mercedini
Trey Engard (RUB)              6   4   0
Cracik Almeronovic (MRC) 7 6 6

Fen Li (RUB) 1 6 6 7 6
Mei Jokek (MRC) 6 7 2 6 2
Series tied 1-1

VS&UO Island vs Bortonania
Ceci Lloyd (VSI)               1   6   6   6   7
Anwyl Ó Dubhghaill (BOR) 6 7 3 1 6

Donovan Fields (VSI) 6 2 3 3
Hagen Hamundarson (BOR) 4 6 6 6
Series tied 1-1

Junior ITT

GROUP A
Mercedini vs Buddharia
Monica Vinci (MRC)           6   6
Rodney Vega (BUD) 1 4

Benjamin Kryoni (MRC) 7 2 5
Shane Fuller (BUD) 5 6 7
Series tied 1-1

Qasden vs Mattijana
Prada Nicorio (QAD)          2   3
Dan Ljukanić (MTJ) 6 6

Wesley Bajerman (QAD) 3 2
Julia Marelika (MTJ) 6 6
Mattijana leads series 2-0

GROUP B
Britonisea vs Eastfield Lodge
Norwich King (BRI)           4   6   6
Rufus Steward (EFL) 6 4 3

Niltche Toriblesch (BRI) 2 6 6
Novia Ortiz (EFL) 6 2 2
Britonisea leads series 2-0

VS&UO Island vs Rushmori Bojikstan
Kelli Windsor (VSI)          6   1   2
Yazhu Huang (RUB) 1 6 6

Paul Nixon (VSI) 4 4
Jorge Palacios (RUB) 6 6
Rushmori Bojikstan leads series 2-0
Last edited by Ceni on Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Romaian
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

TEAM ROMAIA '17

Postby Romaian » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:15 am

"They accidentally, in a drunken intoxication came to the committee and applied?"

For the Team Romaia, August was one of the most intense months of 2017 - a complete failure of the youth team, a confident performance of the team in the main tournament, many looked with perplexity at the request of the Team Romaia for this championship, asked: "Who are these people?" "They accidentally, in a drunken intoxication came to the committee and applied?". Indeed, this was the first performance of the Team Romaia in this competition, but they proved themselves quite dignified, confident series, psychological readiness affected the result if they continue to play the same way - they have all chances to win this championship.

Youths' failure.

What do you think should be happen if you register never played at International championships players? A failure - yes, that is.
It would be nice if these youth players wouldn't finish their carreers in a state of very hard depression. We should support our young players.

Mattijana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:46 am

A Tale of Two Juniors: Part 2

Dominik Kuhn could remember the day he got his place at the Pulnik academy. It was a typical spring day in NordStrand on the West coast. Showery, blustery and currently undecided on whether it was going to be fairly toasty or absolutely freezing.
It was your average school day at OstStrand local. Fairly unremarkable. Just another day of the exam season run in and the same lessons in the same subjects as before. For Dominik, there was always extra potential for the future however. Having been approached 6 months ago by the Mattijanan tennis federation as part of the junior development scheme, he had the chance of leaving everyone else's normal life and becoming a professional tennis player.
Impressed with the academic and welfare facilities at Pulnik academy, his family had warmed to the idea of a move east to the centre, but the final hurdle still needed to be cleared. Despite being understandably confident in his tennis, he was still aghast when the news finally came through.

At the same time on the other side of Mattijana, Samira Ralic was also walking back home from school in Konja. Again the weather was typical for the time of year in the South East, starting to creep up from the fairly toasty winter lows to the harsh summer heat. This day in particular was becoming a scorcher. The weather reports were suggesting highs of 30 and there was the usual grumbling around Konja NordesSola that the students should have been allowed to switch to their more heat-allowing summer uniform.
For Samira, the heat was exacerbated by a nervous tinge. She too had been visited by her regional scout a few months ago, but Samira wasn't overly happy with her performance that day. She knew she had the skills to make it, but would the admissions team at Pulnik see it that way. Loosening her tie as she hit another sun-baked patch of pavement, she tried to block out the negative feelings. Any athlete should. Her future however, was a hard thing to shake off.
Diving into her mercifully cool kitchen, she could see the letter on the table. Wanting to ignore it, she went to dump her school things in her bedroom and was debating whether to have a shower when her curiosity eventually got the better of her.
Heart pumping as she ripped open the seal, she took out the thin slip of paper and opened it up.
Having read through the first two lines of introductory bumf, the baby elephant sitting on her head during the walk had turned into a fairly obese adult. Then it fell off.

'We are delighted to offer you a place at Pulnik Academy beginning this September.'

The Elephant was blasted into the next province by a fairly uncontrolled shriek of delight. A woman walking down the street outside her front window looked in with a look of slight disapproval. Samira didn't mind. Her career had just moved from the roasting hard courts of Konja to the stunning facilities of Pulnik. And beyond.
As if Austria, Slovenia, North-Eastern Europe and Sweden were merged together into some weird stew of a country.

Bojikstan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bojikstan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:06 pm

'I'm sure you understand why this is a hard sell for me,' says the man from Morievo, sitting down in the Cenial coffee shop with Katya Komarova, the owner of Komarova Management. These days, however, her agency is simply known as the Family, and its clients are usually athletes who haven't yet hit the primes of their careers. Not older men like him. But this was a special deal, one that was going to cost Katya a lot of money. She wasn't set to sign another player to her cast of athletes, who she insisted she would make into celebrities and superstars, but a gym.

'Why would that be?' Katya asks.

'I built my gym from the ground up,' answers Diego Thon. 'I built our entire roster of players. It wasn't easy out in the islands of Rushmori Bojikstan, but I put in enough hard work to make this thing stay afloat until we could bring some of the best talents in. We've built a family here, in Golden Atoll in Providentia, and it's hard to sell that. I don't think I would be able to bear it if my gym lost its soul after being bought out by some investor, no offense.'

'You assume that it is going t lose its soul. That's not what I'm trying to do. It's still going to be the same Thon Tennis that's always been there. Except, you're going to have more funding from my sponsors, and you're going to be able to attract better talents through my agency. And I know it's a family. That's why my agency is called Familia.'

'But what's in it for you?'

'Branding. I move into the tennis industry, and I do it by propping you up. Doesn't mean you won't be the one in charge of the team.'

'It sounds too good to be true.'

'Sometimes, things really are as good as they seem. And I'm asking you to let me help you. But if you don't believe that my intentions are true and that I'm not hiding a knife behind my back, I'm willing to help you sign two of the biggest rising talents in our game. You want to lay claim to the title of best camp in the islands? Let's make it happen. Together-'

'Who are these players?'

'Yanzhu Huang and Yi Sun. I believe they could be called the ones that got away from you. However, both of them are in contact with me, and I believe I can sway them your way. No, I know that I can sway them towards you.'

Diego pauses, considering his options, and then nods. 'Let me talk to them, and we'll talk from there. Maybe you're right. Maybe, there's times when we can help each other without sacrificing anything.'

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:49 pm

GROUP A
Márcus Gabriel Alencastro/Iohanna Márcia Enderssen-Moura (NTN)     3   6   3   2
Perger Rianor/Ricpeer Rianor (CEN) 6 4 6 6
Ceni wins series 3-0

Romaian vs Novacoras
Mihail Rigas/ Eirini Phanou (ROA)                                  6   6   6   4   6
Kyle Larsson/Stuart Larsson (NOV) 4 0 7 6 4
Romaian leads series 2-1

GROUP B
Mattijana vs Neu Engollon
Dominika Lisicki/Rikard Kampl  (MTJ)                               6   6   6
Mattias Doerwald/Macro Vrient (NEG) 1 1 2
Mattijana leads series 2-1

Nombiliad vs Jiyon
Claudia Madison/Michael Okonnal (NMB)                              5   5   4
Harry Lands/Jim Lands (USJ) 7 7 6
Nombiliad leads series 2-1

GROUP C
Paul Chinra/Alex Sanders (TOB)                                     6   2   6   2   6
Mark Southgate/Megan Elliott (NGD) 3 6 4 6 3
New Gelderland leads series 2-1

Leo Sanchez/Lea Sanchez (ILO)                                      1   4   1
Alex Ramos/Danielle Ramos (BUD) 6 6 6
Buddharia wins series 3-0

GROUP D
Trey Engard/Fen Li (RUB)                                           6   6   5   6   6
Jack Parminus/Adam Stratesimov (MRC) 4 7 7 4 4
Rushmori Bojikstan leads series 2-1

Bortonania vs VS&US Island
Gauk Tostisson/Asulf Oswalsson (BOR)                               6   5   6   5   6
Perry Everest / Denver O'Neil (VSI) 1 7 3 7 7
VS&UO Island leads series 2-1

Junior ITT

GROUP A
Mercedini vs Buddharia
Liam Prozzo/Anastasia Trajkovic (MRC)     6   6
Naomi Myers/Stella Bridges (BUD) 1 4
Mercedini leads series 2-1

Qasden vs Mattijana
Ellie Taylor/Arnswois Douvier (QAD)       2   1
Dominik Kuhn/ Samira Ralic (MTJ) 6 6
Mattijana wins series 3-0

GROUP B
Emma Benten / Jack Whealé (BRI)           6   6
Novia Ortiz/Charley Steel (EFL) 2 4
Britonisea wins series 3-0

VS&UO Island vs Rushmori Bojikstan
Enid Fox / Siobhán Brooks (VSI)           6   3   6
Yazhu Huang/Yi Sun (RUB) 3 6 10
Rushmori Bojikstan wins series 3-0
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Mattijana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:05 pm

"Good evening once again from sunny Cenial. Tonight's show comes from the wonderfully tranquil Japanese garden, a beautiful location for a bit of quiet time and for a chat about the tennis. I'll be with former Mattijanan number 1 Alex Dimitrov, as well as half of Mattijana's 2nd doubles team and already two time winner in this tournament, Lara Basic.

We've got a massive clash to discuss today. Mattijana take on Neu Engollon in their biggest ITT match to date in their quest for a semi-final place. The tie was level at 1 point apiece after the first round of singles matches and this afternoon's doubles would likely prove pivotal in deciding who takes home the glory.

Matej Bergisman was at the national racquets centre commentating for MFO Radio 1, so lets first catch up with him."

"Evening Daniella. Well it's great news if you're of the Mattijanan persuasion because Dominika Lisicki and Rikard Kampl have just wrapped up a very comfortable victory here on court two. They've beaten Mattias Doerwald and Macro Vrient in straight sets and although the pair from Neu Engollon put up slightly more resistance in the third set, they've still lost it 6-2 and the only real positive for them is that they haven't suffered a bagel at any point, such has been the dominance of the Mattijanan duo. Kampl and Lisicki haven't even played a game together so far this tournament with Slazic and Basic so far preferred. They gelled perfectly though, wheeling out the usual repertoire of tricks and flicks to dispense with what was in truth some fairly mediocre return shots from Doerwald and Vrient. As per usual though, they were a joy to watch and thanks to them what could have turned into a procession was kept mightily entertaining. That means Mattijana take a slim 2-1 lead into the final singles round, meaning they need just the one win from their singles ties to take a famous victory against the side that are supposed to be the best in this group B."

"Thanks Matej. Lets get back to Alex and Lara. Alex, how important a victory would this be for Mattijanan tennis?"

"I think it would be amazing, not just for this team but for everyone involved. I think it proves that we can mix it with some of the world's best amd to have a Mattijanan team in the semis would be incredible. We've still got two matches to win tomorrow though, and a whole tie against Electrum, so we can't get ahead of ourselves."

"Lara, do you think your team can do it?"

"Of course! If we can win this tie against Neu Engollon, we can beat Electrum also. Of course both those teams have some amazing players, but so do we and I think now is the perfect time to show we can mix it with the world's best, so yes, we can definitely do it and to reach the semis would be wonderful."

"And you're the doubles expert. What did you think of the performance from Kampl and Lisicki today?"

"They're such a talented pair and they have a great bond together, so they tick all the boxes for a good team. They have flair as well and it's always so brilliant to watch them, so for me it's the next best thing to being out there myself with Julian."

"Well thanks both for your comments. We'll be back tomorrow to see if Mattijana can wrap up a monumental victory against Neu Engollon. Bye for now."

Mercedini
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Three High Points Of Mercedinian Tennis
@ Cortex Centre - Zoloroni, Mercedini

Hello and welcome to a special edition of Mercedini Sports Daily, the eagle-eyed viewers amongst you may have noticed we aren't in Ceni anymore. We have returned to the home of Mercedinian tennis as we take a break from the action at the International Tennis Trophy to relive some of the high points of Mercedini's time on the NSTT tennis circuit, including tremendous individual performances and tournament wins that Mercedini can claim for themselves. Let's start with something that's certainly relevant this time of year, with Mercedini's first trophy in any sport since it's inception, it is of course the triumph in the Junior ITT!

Junior ITT
Final: Mercedini 3-2 New Gelderland

Where else could we start other than Mercedini's triumph here in Cenial last year. It was shaping up to be another regular tournament with Mercedini putting up a decent fight before coming up against a stronger nation an being knocked out, and that narrative came to pass when the senior team were knocked out of the group stages by Sargossa in what was a closely fought five-match fixture. However, a glimmer of hope came when the Mercedinian junior's survived a group which included the host's and tennis juggernauts Ceni. Thought to be the best tennis nation in the world, they fell to the Mercedinians by a margin of three matches to two in a result which made the tennis world sit up and listen to a developing story in the world of junior tennis. Mercedini followed that massive win up with another win against Maineiacs to book their spot in the Junior ITT semi-finals against Platerdam. At this point, all Mercedinian eyes were on the Junior ITT team as this was the best chance the nation had at a championship title up to this point. The football and hockey teams were still developing and the senior players weren't good enough at that point to threaten for a tennis singles' or doubles' titles by themselves, so it was definitely a pleasure to watch these young players' careers bloom before the eyes of a nation. A win over Platerdam followed up with a monumental 3-2 final victory over New Gelderland completed an unlikely championship victory for the Mercedinian youngsters in front of tennis' biggest audience to kick off their careers with a bang. Since that victory, the players have risen the world rankings with Rhonic rising to the 5th best Mercedinian and 81st best in the world, while Carlgren has had a more steady rise, remaining as Mercedini's 10th best singles player, while he sits 271st in the world. In the doubles', Rymin & Sintarnov have had a much better time of it, due to their section of tennis being less crowded with less competition, they sit 44th in the world but still sit as the 4th best doubles' duo and sit one world ranking position behind the closest Mercedinian duo in the Korlovia twins. It's something that many tennis fans wont forget, and started Mercedini's rise up the NSTT table.

Kannap Invitational
Final: Parminus/Stratesimov bt. Irani/Travers (EFL) - 6-0, 6-1, 6-3

Another tennis triumph came a while after the junior's win, and it was a fairly low profile one with the double's pairing Jack Parminus and Adam Stratesimov winning their first doubles' trophy with a fairly straightforward win in Kannap. The Kannap Invitational featured the multiverse's best tennis players all converging for what turned out to be a friendly tournament during a mid-season break. NSTT points were originally planned to be given but that soon proved to be untrue, which was a disappointment for the players that were featured and for the crowds who bothered to turn up to the matches. While the singles proved to be a damp squib regarding the singles, Mercedini came into it's element in the doubles with both Parminus/Stratesimov and Roshik/Noyek both making it to the semi-finals. While the latter lost their semi-final and ultimately finished fourth, Parminus and Stratesmiov continued to make it to their first final. They came up against Irani and Travers from Eastfield Lodge in what many predicted to be a tight match. In fact, Parminesimov swept their opponents away, winning in straight sets and only conceding four games on their way to their first trophy in Kannap. While they have yet to repeat that success in any other official NSTT tournament, they are in prime position for another win, being inside the top ten for future tournaments.

Electrum Slam
QF: Almeronovic bt. Ripaldi (NEG) : 6-4, 6-1, 3-6, 6-3

Finally, it may not be a win but it was a terrific performance by Cracik Almeronovic to put his name in a grand slam semi-final for the first time, earning himself big bucks and big points to propel himself up the NSTT rankings to solidify himself as one of the world's best and put him in a good position for the future. He beat Dominic Ripaldi from Neu Engollon in his quarter-final matchup and beat him in four sets to place himself and his nation in the semi-final of grand slam for the first time. He eventually ran out of steam in the semis but it was arguably his best performance so far from the Mercedinian #1. The Electrum Slam has always been kind to Mercedinians and this edition it was no different. Not really much else to say about this one, although our players will still need to match that plus win two more matches to reach the promised land of a grand slam title.

That's all we have for you tonight, plenty of high points for the Mercedinian Tennis Association to bounce off, but there are still planty of areas that Mercedini can still explore and experience if they want to be a world-conquering tennis playing nation. Mercedinians are slowly marching up the NSTT table so hopefully it wont be long until Mercedini claim another tennis trophy and possibly claim that lucrative world #1 spot currently being sat on by the fat ass of Ceni. From Zoloroni, goodnight!
.................................................................................................................................
Novapax Founder • Host Portfolio • Trophy Cabinet
World CupBest: Group Stage ('77, '81, '82, '83)
Cup of HarmonyBest: Champion ('72)
U21 World CupBest: 3rd Place ('43)
U18 World CupBest: Champion ('4)
Independents CupBest: Champion ('5)
WC of HockeyBest: 2nd Place ('37)
WJHCBest: Champion ('13)
WorldVision
Best Placing: 1st (Lipa '72)Most Points: 108 pts (Lipa '72)

World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 1st ('34 & '36)Most Pts: 34 pts (Mousiki '31)
Junior World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 3rd ('3, '4 & '5)Most Pts: 26 pts (Tushlark '5)
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Bojikstan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bojikstan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:54 pm

The two doubles players from the Junior ITT team representing Rushmori Bojikstan have a small crowd around them, but it's not because of them playing a match. They're in the hotel lobby in Cenial, standing in front of a mass of press that have traveled from Bojikstan for the flurry of news that's coming from the tennis team. Hours before, Jorge Palacios announced his contract with Smoke Sports, the largest sportswear company in the country. Now, Yanzhu Huang and Yi Sun have their own announcement, one that's gotten them in the news.

'Back when I was playing in Golden Atoll full time, I told myself that I was going to get away from there and move onto bigger and better things, even if I hold that place in my heart forever. Today, I'm proud to announce that will be moving to Providentia to train full time with Thon Tennis. I believe that Diego Thon is the best coach in our country, and that his team is the best one to take me from where I am now to even higher places,' Yanzhu says, while the cameras flash in front of her. 'I also believe that Yi has the best chemistry with me out of anybody, and that it's for the best that he follows me and continues to play as my doubles partner.'

'There's been a lot of talk about sponsor controversies during this ITT, but this shows that hard work does pay off. I wouldn't have thought I'd be working with Diego Thon when I started out, but after this tournament, there's been more and more eyes on me. I'm just happy to be in this position, no matter what happens during the rest of the tournament,' adds Yi, holding up a Thon Tennis shirt for the photographers in the crowd. 'I think you could say the record is even between us and the Strasburg scene, that everyone's been talking about because of the rivalry.'

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:15 pm

GROUP A
Rog Ion Tralito (NTN)          3   6   6   4
Kika Dovan (CEN) 6 7 2 6

Johmer Vales (CEN) 1 6 6 6
Maria Claudia Amulio (NTN) 6 1 4 4
Ceni wins series 5-0

Romaian vs Novacoras
Georgios Sevos (ROA)           3   4   7   6   6
Floki Evenson (NOV) 6 6 6 1 3

Rollo Logarson (NOV) 6 6 7
Theodora Patrikiou (ROA) 3 4 6
Romaian wins series 3-2

Group A table
1 Ceni 2 2 0 9 1 +8
2 Romaian 2 2 0 6 4 +2
3 Eastfield Lodge 2 1 1 5 5 0
4 Natanians and Nosts 3 1 2 5 10 −5
5 Novacoras 3 0 3 5 10 −5

GROUP B
Neu Engollon vs Mattijana
Dominika Lisicki (MTJ)         6   6   6   6
Felice Mareux (NEG) 7 4 2 3

Marla Gerard (NEG) 6 2 2 5
Maria Julenic (MTJ) 0 6 6 7
Mattijana wins series 4-1

Nombiliad vs Jiyon
Edmond Stevens (NMB)           7   5   6   3
Polly Harris (USJ) 6 7 7 6

Karl Danvers (USJ) 3 6 6 2 9
June Fisher (NMB) 6 2 0 6 7
Jiyon wins series 3-2

Group B table
1 Mattijana 3 3 0 13 2 +11
2 Neu Engollon 2 1 1 4 6 −2
3 Electrum 2 1 1 7 3 +4
4 Jiyon 3 1 2 4 11 −7
5 Nombiliad 2 0 2 2 8 −6

GROUP C
Alex Sanders (TOB)             5   6   5
Andrew Lamar (NGD) 7 7 7

Liam Penderyn (NGD) 7 4 6 6
Paul Chinra (TOB) 6 6 2 2
New Gelderland wins series 4-1

Dodger Predator (ILO)          6   4   2   3
Amberly Mosier (BUD) 3 6 6 6

Conrad Fox (BUD) 6 7 6
Kula Na'ia (ILO) 2 5 4
Buddharia wins series 5-0

Group C table
1 New Gelderland 2 2 0 9 1 +8
2 Tobiasia 3 2 1 8 7 +1
3 Qasden 2 1 1 3 7 −4
4 Buddharia 3 1 2 9 6 +3
5 Islana Lunigo 2 0 2 1 9 −8

GROUP D
Trey Engard (RUB)              6   5   4   1
Mei Jokek (MRC) 4 7 6 6

Cracik Almeronovic (MRC) 6 6 6 6
Fen Li (RUB) 2 4 7 3
Mercedini wins series 3-2

VS&UO Island vs Bortonania
Ceci Lloyd (VSI)               6   6   6
Hagen Hamundarson (BOR) 2 4 1

Anwyl Ó Dubhghaill (BOR) 7 4 0 3
Donovan Fields (VSI) 5 6 6 6
VS&UO Island wins series 4-1

Group D table
1 Rushmori Bojikstan 3 2 1 12 3 +9
2 Britonisea 2 2 0 7 3 +4
3 Mercedini 2 1 1 5 5 0
4 VS&UO Island 3 1 2 5 10 −5
5 Bortonania 2 0 2 1 9 −8

Junior ITT

GROUP A
Mercedini vs Buddharia
Shane Fuller (BUD) 3 3

Rodney Vega (BUD) 2 4
Benjamin Kryoni (MRC) 6 6
Mercedini wins series 4-1

Qasden vs Mattijana
Prada Nicorio (QAD)          4   4
Julia Marelika (MTJ) 6 6

Dan Ljukanić (MTJ) 3 6 6
Wesley Bajerman (QAD) 6 2 1
Mattijana wins series 5-0

Group A table
1 Mattijana 3 3 0 12 3 +9
2 Mercedini 3 2 1 11 4 +7
3 Buddharia 2 1 1 6 4 +2
4 Romaian 2 0 2 1 9 −8
5 Qasden 2 0 2 0 10 −10

GROUP B
Norwich King (BRI)           6   6
Novia Ortiz (EFL) 3 2

Rufus Steward (EFL) 6 1 6
Niltche Toriblesch (BRI) 1 6 7
Britonisea wins series 5-0

Rushmori Bojikstan vs VS&UO Island
Kelli Windsor (VSI)          4   2
Jorge Palacios (RUB) 6 6

Yazhu Huang (RUB) 7 4 6
Paul Nixon (VSI) 5 6 2
Rushmori Bojikstan wins series 5-0

Group B table
1 Rushmori Bojikstan 3 3 0 14 1 +13
2 Britonisea 3 2 1 10 5 +5
3 Eastfield Lodge 2 1 1 4 6 −2
4 Nombiliad 2 0 2 1 9 −8
VS&UO Island 2 0 2 1 9 −8
Last edited by Ceni on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Bojikstan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bojikstan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:53 pm

ITT 3: Gap gets closer as Rushmori Bojikstan drop first series
Posted by Grace Luna

All good things must come to an end. And they finally did for Rushmori Bojikstan, who dropped their first series in either the senior or Junior ITT. The opponent was a foe that Bojikstani fans are very familiar with from other sports, at this point: Mercedini. A budding rivalry has formed between the nations because of their frequent clashes these days, but Bojikstan couldn't pull past them and finally defeat them for something that matters. It came after what could be considered a choke, where both Trey Engard and Fen Li took losses in four sets when a win from either of them would have left the series with a level record.

'I'll be the first one to admit that we need to play better and that the performances from both of us were unacceptable,' said Engard. 'I think our problems come from having a sharp increase in the quality of competition when we faced Mercedini, but that's not a good excuse. We still have the lead in the group so we aren't going to panic, we're just going to put this in the back of our minds and focus on getting back to the spot where we left off at before this series.'

Fen Li also was cagey with the media after they asked about the sponsor controversy from the past. 'I'm done talking about that. I know I shouldn't have lost, but that's not the reason why. It was never the reason why I was losing. You're the ones who care about this story, not me, and I've already moved on. Can we talk about tennis and not about business and sponsorships? I'm just focusing on my next opponent.'

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:00 pm

GROUP A
Ceni vs Romaian
Johmer Vales (CEN)                 6   6   6
Georgios Sevos (ROA) 4 0 4

Kika Dovan (CEN) 6 6 6
Theodora Patrikiou (ROA) 1 2 3

Eastfield Lodge vs Natanians and Nosts
Estela Fenton-Millington (EFL)     6   6   6
Rog Ion Tralito (NTN) 4 4 1

Giorgio Irani (EFL) 2 1 6 5
Maria Claudia Amulio (NTN) 6 6 2 7

GROUP B
Neu Engollon vs Nombiliad
Marla Gerard (NEG)                 5   4   6   7   6
Edmond Stevens (NMB) 7 6 4 6 3

Felice Mareux (NEG) 6 6 6
June Fisher (NMB) 1 4 4

Electrum vs Mattijana
Dominika Lisicki (MTJ)             3   3   6   6   6
Andrew Simmons (ETM) 6 6 2 0 3

Maria Julenic (MTJ) 3 3 6 6 7
Greg Meares (ETM) 6 6 2 4 6

GROUP C
New Gelderland vs Islana Lunigo
Liam Penderyn (NGD)                6   6   6
Dodger Predator (ILO) 4 4 2

Andrew Lamar (NGD) 7 6 7 6
Kula Na'ia (ILO) 5 7 6 4

Qasden vs Tobiasia
Ty Kanelious (QAD)                 1   1   6   6
Paul Chinra (TOB) 6 6 4 7

Paisley Brazzos (QAD) 6 6 6 6 6
Alex Sanders (TOB) 1 7 7 2 1

GROUP D
Mercedini vs Bortonania
Cracik Almeronovic (MRC)           2   6   6   6
Anwyl Ó Dubhghaill (BOR) 6 4 4 3

Mei Jokek (MRC) 6 6 6
Hagen Hamundarson (BOR) 0 2 4

Leo Garry (BRI)                    6   7   3   7
Trey Engard (RUB) 4 5 6 6

Derek Dubrovnik (BRI) 6 4 6 6
Fen Li (RUB) 4 6 2 1

Junior ITT

GROUP A
Buddharia vs Qasden
Shane Fuller (BUD)           4   6   6
Wesley Bajerman (QAD) 6 0 1

Rodney Vega (BUD) 6 6
Prada Nicorio (QAD) 3 4

Mercedini vs Romaian
Manouil Nomikos (ROA) 3 3

Benjamin Kryoni (MRC) 6 6
Eleni Romanou (ROA) 1 4

GROUP B
VS&UO Island vs Eastfield Lodge
Paul Nixon (VSI)             3   7   7
Novia Ortiz (EFL) 6 6 6

Rufus Steward (EFL) 6 4 6
Kelli Windsor (VSI) 2 6 7

Britonisea vs Nombiliad
Norwich King (BRI)           6   6
Kindall Whittauch (NMB) 3 4

Niltche Toriblesch (BRI) 6 6
Rod King (NMB) 4 1
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:54 pm

At its second time in the ITT,Natanians and Nosts is doing failrly bad,but at this tie we're tied with Eastfield Lodge,Rog Ion Tralito was defeated by Estella Fenton-Millington,he started failry well the first set,but after a series of bad serves his performance began to unexplainably decline,a tendency that progressed to the second set and at the last set he just won one game when his quality dropped in comparision to the last game of the second set by a big margin.Maria Cláudia Amúlio defeated Giorgio Irani,she easily won the first set,serving exceptionally well,and the second set,with a more average serve but some incredible smashes,Giorgio Irani saw a performance enhancement at the third setwith really tied games,but he was better at finalizing the games and wont the third set,Maria Cláudia Amúlio needed twelve games to defeat a much stronger Giorgio and win the match.
Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!
Hosted:WLC 27

International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Proud Esportivan since November 2016[/align]

Bojikstan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bojikstan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:32 pm

ITT 3: Skid continues as Britonisea jumps out to better series start
Posted by Grace Luna

Will the real Bojikstan please stand up? The Rushmori outfit has been inconcistent this tournament, at least recently. They built up a gap over the competition with their dominant play early on, but now that they're facing the harder part of the group, that lead might get slimmer. They dropped the Mercedini series in disappointing fashion, and now, luck has run out once again as they dropped two matches in four sets each. For fans of Trey Engard and Fen Li, it's been an up and down past few matches, and it's hard to tell what's going to happen next.

Engard in particular had a hard time coping with the recent losses, getting upset in the following press conference after he dropped the fourth set against Leo Garry, 7-6. 'There's a saying. I believe it goes, 'how quickly they forget'. It wasn't that long ago that you lot were singing my praises from the rooftops. And after, what, two bad results, you're questioning everything and acting like I was never dominating in the first place. In reality, it came down to a very close margin. If the ball had landed one or two inches differnely on a coulpe of differnet occasions, I would have won the last match. But luck didn't go my way this time, and it doens't help your headlines to talk about how close the match was. You should be ashamed. You should all be ashamed.'

Fen Li had similar sentiments, and showed up to the press confence wearing an orange tee shirt designed to look like a prison jumpsuit. When asked about the shirt, she responded that she wasn't answering questions, which may be a part of her previous feud with the media over her and Yanzhu Huang's sponsorship controversy from earlier in the season. Interstingly, the tee shirt had the logo of Gallian sportswear company Lindon Athletics, which may indicate that she's found a sponsor after all. The Bojikstani Tennis Federation hasn't issued a statement or any action yet on Li's behavior.

Things are going better on the junior side of the tournament, at least. Jorge Palacios and Yanzhu Huang lead their current series 2-0 after getting wins in two and three sets respectively. Palacios played his first match as a Smoke Sports athlete, too, sporting an all black outfit with gold trim that displayed the Smoke logo prominently on the sleeves. And for once, the controversy is surrounding the senior team and not the junior one, which is the one that originally had gained attention for the wrong reason.
Last edited by Bojikstan on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:36 pm

GROUP A
Ceni vs Romaian
Perger Rianor/Ricpeer Rianor (CEN)        6   3   6   6
Mihail Rigas/ Eirini Phanou (ROA) 3 6 1 3

Phoebe Harvey/Berat Latif (EFL)                                    6   6   1   7   6
Márcus Gabriel Alencastro/Iohanna Márcia Enderssen-Moura (NTN) 1 7 6 6 4

GROUP B
Electrum vs Mattijana
Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (ETM)        6   6   0   2   6
Dominika Lisicki/Rikard Kampl (MTJ) 3 4 6 6 4

Mattias Doerwald/Marco Vrient (NEG)        7   7   6
Claudia Madison/Michael Okonnal (NMB) 6 6 0

GROUP C
Mark Southgate/Megan Elliott (NGD)        6   6   6
Leo Sanchez/Lea Sanchez (ILO) 3 3 0

Qasden vs Tobiasia
Terry Reben/Icy Mellows (QAD)             2   6   7   6
Paul Chinra/Alex Sanders (TOB) 6 3 5 3

GROUP D
Mercedini vs Bortonania
Jack Parminus/Adam Stratesimov (MRC)      6   4   6   6
Gauk Tostisson/Asulf Oswalsson (BOR) 1 6 2 0

Leo Garry/Elizabeth Quehall (BRI)         6   7   6
Trey Engard/Fen Li (RUB) 1 5 4

Junior ITT

GROUP A
Buddharia vs Qasden
Naomi Myers/Stella Bridges (BUD)                  6   6
Ellie Taylor/Arnswois Douvier (QAD) 4 2

Mercedini vs Romaian
Liam Prozzo/Anastasia Trajkovic (MRC)             6   7
Eustratios Galatis/ Eleni Protonotariou (ROA) 4 5

GROUP B
Eastfield Lodge vs VS&UO Island
Novia Ortiz/Charley Steel (EFL)                   6   4
Enid Fox / Siobhán Brooks (VSI) 7 6

Britonisea vs Nombiliad
Emma Benten / Jack Whealé (BRI)                   6   6
Charlotte Cordova/Peter Ash (NMB) 2 2
Last edited by Ceni on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Mattijana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:48 am

A Tale Of Two Juniors: Part 3

It was a warm September's day in central Mattijana. The sun was out, a few lazy cirrus clouds drifted overhead and the weather report suggested a healthy temperature of 25*C. There was a slight breeze rustling the trees. The hollow thwack of ball on racquet occasionally pierced through the tranquillity.
A second noise started to grow in the distance. The growl of a car engine and the broken rumble of tires became louder. At last, the boxy figure of a dark green minibus emerged round the corner, drove around the back of the tennis court and swung itself into a space in the adjacent car park.
A girl jumped out from the sliding side door, before moving round the back of the van to collect an orange suitcase. She moved to one side to make room for a couple of others, pushing a strand of dark hair out of her eyes.
Baggage gathered, the group moved away from the van towards the entrance to a large stone building, flanked by the driver, who scooted past the group to open the door. Waiting on the other side of the glass doors were 4 older students, gathered in front of a polished wooden reception desk. The minibus driver opened his mouth to speak.

"Welcome to Pulnik, these delightful people are going to show you around the place before you start. I believe you know who you're looking for..."

A taller girl with brownish-blond hair looked around. "Samira?"

Samira nodded.

"Excellent. I'm Maria and I'm going to show you around a little. How was your journey?"

"Not too bad thanks. Flight was a good couple of hours but it didn't take long to get from the airport to here."

"Oh right. Where from?"

"Konja. Right down in the south-east."

"I see. This weather is probably freezing to you then..."

"Yeah. It was getting really hot in the summer, as you'd expect really. This is quite nice to be honest."

"I'm from Petrovijana, so this is enough for me. It's what I'm used to really."

Maria showed her through a set of double doors into a vast space. Three clay courts were immediately in front. A cluster of hard courts beyond that and at the far end, a large grassy space that Samira could only assume was for grass courts.

"This is the indoor tennis centre. It's basically a giant shed, but it's got everything we need. The lighting means we can train on grass all year round, which is handy. This is where you'll spend most of your time, especially in winter and when it gets really hot in summer. We do some outdoor training, when you're on the NSTT you have to play in some pretty hostile environments, but they don't want to kill you."

Samira was slightly stunned. "Who paid for all this?"

"Pre-economic downturn" explained Maria. "The tax rate was basically the same, but there was a lot more money flowing around the public and private sectors. Funding for these sorts of places, especially when sports were involved, was free-flowing."

"I see" replied Samira as Maria led her back through the double doors.

"I'm going to take you to some of the classrooms and then to your accommodation now. Have you got your uniform yet?"

"Not yet" replied Samira. "Do I need to collect it from anywhere?"

"No if you haven't got it yet, it should be in your room with your luggage. I imagine it's a little different to in Konja."

"Yeah. The shirt and tie vibe is still there, but in summer we're allowed to wear the shirt without the tie or jacket because of the heat. Colours are a little different as well. Light blue, white and gold down where I am."

"It's ties all year here I'm afraid. The green and yellow are rather fetching too. To be honest once your into your year, the teachers aren't too fussed about how you wear it. I wouldn't recommend going all-out relaxed on your first day, but after a week or so the odd undone top button or so is fine. Make sure you try your uniform on before the first day as well. My jacket was about two sizes too big and I didn't check. 'twas a nightmare."

"Aha, I can imagine...thanks."

"No worries. If you need any other advice feel free to have a chat. Reception do most uniform stuff. That's just down where you came in."

The two girls walked through a modern block of classrooms, through another set of glass double doors and into a green courtyard with three three-story buildings grouped around the outside. Maria wondered over to the right-hand building, through a smaller door, through a lounge area containing a plethora of coffee tables and sofas, round the corner to a stairwell, up two flights and then along two doors short of the end window of an airy corridor. She unveiled a small key from her pocket and opened the door.

The room was spacious, though not massive. A thin sheet was drawn across the window, flanked by a pair of thicker dark red curtains. A desk stood officiously in front of the window, about two paces from the corner of a single bed with a green duvet and a pair of ice-white pillows. On the other side of the bed was a wardrobe with a black jacket case hanging from the door-knob. The orange suitcase stood upright by the side of the table.

"This is your room", said Maria. Your uniform should be in the case there and the booklet on the table has most of the information you'll want. My number's in the back too if you need it. I'll leave you to make yourself at home now."

Samira thanked Maria for her help, before closing the main door behind her, picking up the booklet on the table and sitting on the bed. It contained a map of the complex, Samira's timetable and a list of guidelines about the facilities and regulations around the academy. The usual stuff, Samira guessed. She had the weekend to settle herself and then it was time to get her career on the move.

Bojikstan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bojikstan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:48 pm

ITT 3: Tempers rise as Bojikstani team continues to run into trouble
Posted by Grace Luna

Britonisea has proved to be in a higher class than Bojikstan, and their doubles pair of Leo Garry and Elizabeth Quehall defeated the Rushmori Bojikstan team to continue their overall domination of the series. Trey Engard and Fen Li have been on a skid recently that dates back to the Mercedini series, and against the tougher competition, that skid has only grown and become more of a concern to the fans. And with many members of the media at their throats, the players have shown their frustration more and more recently.

'It's one series. I believe we'd still be tied, or very close, in the standings, even if we lose the series. There's no need to whip up a panic, and when I point that out, you all come after me for saying it,' Engard told reporters outside the team hotel. 'You're even going to use this quote against me. You're going to twist my words, because like I said before, you care more about headlines than about telling an accurate story. You don't really care that we played very close with one of the better nations in this tournament, who have been on their own winning run. You don't care about how we were a couple of match points away from having a different result. I'm the first one to admit when we need to do better, but you're really just hunting for clicks. It's shameful. You reporters don't like us at our worst, but want to celebrate with us at our best.'

Fen Li also gained heat in the press for not talking to reporters at the most recent team press conference, and she's kept up that trend. Her social media accounts have since been deleted, and she's maintained radio silence with the press since the previous round of games.

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:05 am

GROUP A
Ceni vs Romaian
Johmer Vales (CEN)                 7   6   6
Theodora Patrikiou (ROA) 5 4 4

Georgios Sevos (ROA) 3 4 1
Kika Dovan (CEN) 6 6 6
Ceni wins series 5-0

Estela Fenton-Millington (EFL)     4   6   3   3
Maria Claudia Amulio (NTN) 6 3 6 6

Rog Ion Tralito (NTN) 6 4 6 3 6
Giorgio Irani (EFL) 3 6 3 6 2
Natanians and Nosts wins series 3-2

Group A table
1 Ceni 3 3 0 14 1 +13
2 Romaian 3 2 1 6 9 −3
3 Natanians and Nosts 4 2 2 8 12 −4
4 Eastfield Lodge 3 1 2 7 8 −1
5 Novacoras 3 0 3 5 10 −5

GROUP B
Marla Gerard (NEG)                 6   6   6
June Fisher (NMB) 0 4 2

Edmond Stevens (NMB) 3 3 6 6 2
Felice Mareux (NEG) 6 6 2 3 6
Neu Engollon wins series 5-0

Mattijana vs Electrum
Dominika Lisicki (MTJ)             5   7   5   5
Greg Meares (ETM) 7 5 7 7

Andrew Simmons (ETM) 5 7 3 6 5
Maria Julenic (MTJ) 7 5 6 4 7
Mattijana wins series 3-2

Group B table
1 Mattijana 4 4 0 16 4 +12
2 Neu Engollon 3 2 1 9 6 +3
3 Electrum 3 1 2 9 6 +3
4 Jiyon 3 1 2 4 11 −7
5 Nombiliad 3 0 3 2 13 −11

GROUP C
Liam Penderyn (NGD)                6   6   6
Kula Na'ia (ILO) 3 4 1

Dodger Predator (ILO) 6 2 6 3 1
Andrew Lamar (NGD) 4 6 3 6 6
New Gelderland wins series 5-0

Qasden vs Tobiasia
Ty Kanelious (QAD)                 6   6   4   2
Alex Sanders (TOB) 7 2 6 6

Paul Chinra (TOB) 6 3 6 6
Paisley Brazzos (QAD) 4 6 4 3
Tobiasia wins series 3-2

Group C table
1 New Gelderland 3 3 0 14 1 +13
2 Tobiasia 4 3 1 11 9 +2

3 Qasden 3 1 2 5 10 −5
4 Buddharia 3 1 2 9 6 +3
5 Islana Lunigo 3 0 3 1 14 −13

GROUP D
Mercedini vs Bortonania
Cracik Almeronovic (MRC)           6   6   7
Hagen Hamundarson (BOR) 1 4 6

Anwyl Ó Dubhghaill (BOR) 6 6 4 3 3
Mei Jokek (MRC) 4 4 6 6 6
Mercedini wins series 5-0

Leo Garry (BRI)                    3   6   6   6
Fen Li (RUB) 6 2 3 0

Trey Engard (RUB) 7 6 4 7
Derek Dubrovnik (BRI) 6 2 6 6
Britonisea wins series 4-1

Group D table
1 Britonisea 3 3 0 11 4 +7
2 Mercedini 3 2 1 10 5 +5

3 Rushmori Bojikstan 4 2 2 13 7 +6
4 VS&UO Island 3 1 2 5 10 −5
5 Bortonania 3 0 3 1 14 −13

GROUP A
Buddharia vs Qasden
Shane Fuller (BUD)           6   1   6
Prada Nicorio (QAD) 4 6 4

Wesley Bajerman (QAD) 6 7
Rodney Vega (BUD) 4 6
Buddharia wins series 4-1

Mercedini vs Romaian
Eleni Romanou (ROA) 3 2

Manouil Nomikos (ROA) 6 6
Benjamin Kryoni (MRC) 4 4
Mercedini wins series 4-1

Group A table
1 Mattijana 3 3 0 12 3 +9
2 Mercedini 4 3 1 15 5 +10
3 Buddharia 3 2 1 10 5 +5
4 Romaian 3 0 3 2 13 −11
5 Qasden 3 0 3 1 14 −13

GROUP B
VS&UO Island vs Eastfield Lodge
Paul Nixon (VSI)             4   3
Rufus Steward (EFL) 6 6

Novia Ortiz (EFL) 1 6
Kelli Windsor (VSI) 6 7
VS&UO Island wins series 4-1

Britonisea vs Nombiliad
Norwich King (BRI)           4   6   6
Rod King (NMB) 6 4 0

Kindall Whittauch (NMB) 3 6
Niltche Toriblesch (BRI) 6 7
Britonisea wins series 5-0

Group B table
1 Rushmori Bojikstan 3 3 0 14 1 +13
2 Britonisea 4 3 1 15 5 +10

3 VS&UO Island 3 1 2 5 10 −5
4 Eastfield Lodge 3 1 2 5 10 −5
5 Nombiliad 3 0 3 1 14 −13
Last edited by Ceni on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports