NATION

PASSWORD

FFA Copa D'Aeia 2017 [Aeia only]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rohst
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rohst » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:27 am

[quote="Rohst";p="29816453"]

The Rohstian News || Wednesday 05.08.2017

ROHST VICTORIOUS IN THE FIRST COPA D'AEIA MATCH

The match started according to expectations as the Thunderbolts kept the large part of the possession and created chances consistently, quickly walking the ball into the goal in under ninety seconds. The Ajerris being led by Wainani Mano looked to be under pressure as their goalkeeper spilled a cross that should have been put away. Rohstian aggression in both war and football is well known, and it wasn't long before Jürgen von Ziehlberg was able to steal a second goal of the game ninety-three seconds later into the match. After the first thirty minutes of the game, Nalunani Lala put foot to the ball and played attractive counter attack with Kaholo Ola creating difficulties for the Thunderbolts' defence. Eventually they were able to find a break in the line, sneaking the ball in to the Rohstian goal. This continued for a short while, until goalkeeper Marian Boehm regained his footing and denied the pair any chance to score.

In the second half, the Thunderbolts came back with even more fury and confidence, as they breached the Ajerri defence in the 56th minute as Sievert scored with a stunning shot from just inside the box. As Rohstian offence increased, the Sharks began shattering, making substitution after substitution. This did little to help them, as strategic passes between Beyer, Grothmann, Stadler and Ribbontrop netted our team another goal. Derk Beyer came close to scoring in the second half, but his thundering strike was saved by Ajerri keeper Kamea.

It was an exciting match for Rohst, as the Ajerrin national team is known to play well. Still, the results were not too surprising with most bets coming in favour of the Thunderbolts. This win was decisive, and will help propel our team into winning the Copa this year!

Glory to Rohst! For King, Country, and Football!
Last edited by Rohst on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't give a damn for Caligula -- just his horse!"
"Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job."

Psycho Empire
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Psycho Empire » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:57 am

THE PSF PRESENTS: PLAYER PROFILE

Name: Tobias Lozano
Nickname: The Wall
POB: Crystalville, Deludous
Age 26
Position: Center Back
Club: Andesdi City Spirit
Sponsor: Adidas

Summary: While only 5 foot 7 inches Tobias uses his speed and strength to beat his rival Strikers and is well known for his strong preference for slide tackling. Tobias is also known for his endless perseverance and for playing the full 90 minutes even if he is seriously injured.

New Timeria
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Timeria » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:10 am

DRAGONS WIN FIRST COPA D'AEIA MATCH

Shima Ryu

Toa Shima (
(@SToa))
August 06, 2017 | Houldsk Arënna, Houlding

Last Friday New Timeria saw its national team win their first match of the Copa D'Aeia in a solid team performance. The Dragons defeated Onza 1-0, putting them in the number 2 spot in Group E. At home, many people are enjoying the early success of the team and are confident in their ability to make a statement this year. Team manager Sano Toyozo stated that "I'm very happy with what we got done today... Our defense was very solid and I think we handled the ball pretty well. We're going to tune in on our scoring a bit for the next match and hopefully get a few more goals." Toyozo was hired last year as the team manager in hopes of revitalizing the team, it seems he has done just that. Toyozo has been a high-risk taker and many see his style as unorthodox. One of which was bringing in star player and team captain Shima Ryu.

Shima Ryu was added to the team's roster as soon as he completed high school. He was brought into Nalin Academy from an orphanage at the age of 14. There he competed on both the U16 and U18 teams before transitioning into the professional club and joining the national team. When it was announced that Ryu would be the team captain many people were skeptical about this decision but Toyozo ensured that this was the right choice for the long term success of the club and promised that Ryu would be able to compete at a high level and lead The Dragons to victory. After his first match, many people have changed their minds and are rooting for the success of the young star. After the match reporters interviewed Ryu where he confronted his critics, stating that "I deserve this spot... I worked for it and I plan on continuing to make things work so that I can help my team win. I have a lot to work on but right now it's working and I plan for us to keep winning... I think it will only get better for us."

Navack
Envoy

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:58 pm

Frank Hølland
@Frank_SportHølland
WHAT? Navack won 3-0 against Midrasia? this copa will be better than we all expected :V #Copa2017 #MYDvNAV #AvvënskEkPurpiëns
RECHIRPSFAVOURITE
3,5k4,2k
20:49 pm - 04/08/17

Navack
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:46 pm

ROUND COMMENTS

by Fredericksën Reagen

So, it was a win? Everybody was expecting a match at least...interesting, but last Friday, the opening match for the Copa D'Aeia 2017 was at least unbeliveble. Not trying to null all the hard work and effort gave by the Navish players, but were here talking about nothing less then Midrasia, last year 3rd place, home of the enormous Olympique de Lotrique, was defeated by the "growing strong" Navack by 3 points of difference? I'm sure that when Arkhåm said that they would surprise everybody on this competition, i didn't know that he was talking about this. But now is time to dissect this match from the beginning to the very end, and understand how Navack obliterated Midrasia and assumed the position of 1st place at the Group A.

Everything started with one team playing over the Lillashoër Stadeium field: Midrasia. During the first 25 minutes of game, Navack was only capable of defend itself with a total of 0 chances of goal, while the midrasian team had four. But as Stvënsk told on his interview with my firend Frank Hølland, this is prepared for one thing: fast and deadly counter-attacks. And right after the fifith missed goal by the midrasian team, the couter-attack was made. It was a total of 4 Navish for 3 Midrasian, and in the very first good play made by the navish team...a fault is commited. The midrasian DF couldn't let the navish attack happen, because he knew that the chance of goal was enormous, but in some unfortunatly try to stop, he caused not just a fault, but a penalty. The boy Yagg Ëmill of 23 years, scored a beatiful penalty againt the mythological #1, Thierry Florient, Midrasia's GK. And that was everything that Navack made on the first half, 1-0 against Midrasia. The public was excited, not yet surprised...yet.

Things got hot on the second half. The navish Coach, Haëlgen Stvënsk, came up with a substitution for the second half. CAM Andrëy Johan, 27, entered in Mark Skaën's place, also CAM. And now you wonder: Why did he substitute a CAM for another CAM? Mark Skaën is a strong player, and he can eaesly steal the ball and cover players with extremly quality, but he lacks velocity, agility, and perfect passes that lead tp the final 2 goals of the game. So the second half had even started,
and a play started by Johan #27 on 50 seconds of game led to what would be de doom of the Midrasian team. The same DF that caused the penalty that lead to the first goal, commited another fault, but not for his sake, the referee gave him his second yellow card, resulting on his expulsion. And then, the field turned purple. As the midrasian team closed more and more, the navish team passed the ball with extremly quality, until, at 17 minutes of the second half, Arkhåm #10 crossed over a ball for Yagg Ëmill #9 head on goalkeeper's crossbar. After this play, the navish team really saw the power on their hands, and a few moments later, at 19 minutes and 37 secondes, Johan #27 send a deep ball on the middle passing by 2 midrasian players, right on the feet of the boy Ëmill, who kicked right on the right angle, and scored his incredible second goal on the game, NAV 2-0 MYD. Between the 20 minutes and 40 minutes, the game had a break. Players were getting tired and then the Navish team started to let Midrasian breath, which almost cost a draw, because even with one less, midrasia still midrasia. But then the sentence came at 44 minutes of game when the same Johan #29 kicked from outside the great-area, hitting the crossbar again...but for his luck, the great Regiënald Akhråm, #10, on his 100th game dressing purple scored on the rebound, sealing the midrasian grave on that game once and for all. The crowd was insane after the last whisper. They celebrated their first win against such a team, and to be honest, so did i.

Before i go, i'd like to warn everybody out there that had the thought that Navack would fall without fighting...My friends, we fought, and we will fight until the end. The storm is coming, is coming in purple, and it's coming to stay.

This was the ROUND COMMENT, with me, Fredericksën Reagen. See you on Monday after the second matchday. Good night, and a great Copa for all. Avvënsk ek Purpiëns!

Navack
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:52 pm

NavackBall
@NAVball_
I think we teach @MIDball_ 3 important lessons last game (who get the joke? I know, i'm awsome) #Copa2017 #MYDvNAV #AvvënskEkPurpiëns #NAVballBestBall
RECHIRPSFAVOURITE
6,5k9,2k
15:14 pm - 05/08/17

Rohst
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rohst » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:54 am

Henkjan Welleweert Image
@hwelleweert
One win in, and soon, another tomorrow. Team is ready for the game!!! #fußballnationalmannschaft #fearthelightning
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
03:01 pm - 08/07/17

Geralt Hulsch Image
@hulschyy
It was clear that we need to work on our defence, but as they say, a strong offence is a strong defence. #fearthelightning #thunderbolts
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
12:02 pm - 08/07/17
Last edited by Rohst on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job."

Cheonsam
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheonsam » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:10 am

김영환
@kimchiyeonghwan
we played hard, but must play more strong or risk dishonour to our team. we will win #copa #tigers
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
4:56 pm - 08/07/17
Last edited by Cheonsam on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rohst
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rohst » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:46 am

[quote="Rohst";p="29816453"]

The Rohstian News || Monday 05.08.2017

SARAIBIAN UNTERMENSCH BLAME HOMOSEXUALS FOR LOSS

Last match day was rather eventful. Some games went as planned, others, like Midrasia vs. Navack, were complete upsets that had football viewers everywhere on the edges of their seats. The Oserland vs. Saraibia game carried out as expected, with a resolute 2 - 0 victory from the Oser national team. What wasn't expected, however, was a statement from the head imam of the Saraibian team, Nawfal al-Malak, who blamed the loss on "the homosexuals spectating, as well as the presumed homosexuals on the opposing team." The Saraibian team even refused to shake hands with their Oser counterparts, citing that their government supports the homosexual agenda. It appears that untermensch have little respect for sportsmanship regardless of the opponent.

This has, in turn, sparked mass controversy both in football media as well as all across Aeia. Some Crylantian football spectators are going as far as boycotting the Saraibian national team, which has caused growing tensions with the Arabekhi filth that have travelled to Navack and Crylante to see the games. One Rohstian commentator remarked "the desert-dwelling untermensch are using gays as a crutch for their pathetic physical ability and paltry training. It's absolutely ridiculous to claim that gayfolk had any bearing on their team's poor communication skills. Or laughable passing ability, for that matter." Meanwhile, the spokesman for Nawfal al-Malak countered that "it was through evil spells that the infidels in Lhedwin were able to subvert the team's efforts. Saraibia has the best team in the history of Aeia, but of course gays and infidels do all in their power to prevent it from winning, so we always lose! This unsportsmanlike conduct shall produce dire consequences should it ever continue. Gays are blasphemous and beyond saving; how these nations continue to exist is something only almightly Allah knows! These crowds need a good stoning!"

Regardless, this unneeded conflict does not bode well for football watchers anywhere. The Copa d'Aeia is a sports event that everyone, regardless of race or creed, can enjoy. Should team officials continue this toxic behaviour towards the other teams, then it is possible they may be ejected from the league and future events. Perhaps it is too much to hope for the Arabekhi swine to come to their senses?
Last edited by Rohst on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Midrasia » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:32 am

Marcel Belou

MIDRASIA 0-3 NAVACK

The following is an excerpt from the Démarrer Talk Sport Radio Show hosted on 4 August, 2017 following the conclusion of matchday 1 of the Copa d'Aeia 2017. Talk Sport takes place following the conclusion of each match day at 7pm.
Tune in online through Démarrer.md or your choice of streaming or audio service.

Antos: Good evening, or should that be bad evening, and welcome to Démarrer Talk Sport, the ultimate post-match phone-in discussion chat for the 2017 Copa d'Aeia, i'm Jolian Antos. This edition of Talk Sport is sponsored by Alleronde Sport, for all your footballing needs. Tonight I'm joined by two Midrasian legends of the game. The first is a well known striker who powered Midrasia to dominance throughout the 80s and 90s. I'm sure earlier today he was worrying that Enzo Lazare may be beating his top-scoring record after this year, I wonder how he feels now, please welcome Domenico Draveo.

Draveo: Thank you, it's great to be here

Antos: And a man who was an absolute titan at the back, who announced his retirement after last years tournament. I bet he'll be regretting that decision now, please welcome Mattieu Gorand!

Gorand: Good evening.

Antos: Now, how's about that for a surprise. Mattieu, i'll start with you, everyone expected Navack to be a tough game, but I don't think anyone quite expected it to be like this.

Gorand: Yeah, hearing what the manager had to say earlier, it was obvious that he thought Navack to be the toughest team to beat in the group, they are on home soil after all. But I do think there was still an element of Midrasia underestimating their opposition. You could see it with how a lot of the players looked on the pitch. I have to be honest it looked like a lot of them though it was a pre-season match Jolian. They didn't take the opposition seriously, and by the time they did it was too late.

Draveo: I have to agree, the team didn't look like they were taking the match seriously, and while for the most part we dominated the first half, I think the penalty changed the flow of the game, just before the half-time whistle, I think that may have shook the team a little.

Antos: Now of course the penalty call, Nicolas Olivier, a bit rash throughout the match, causing a the penalty in the first half and then being sent off in the second. So, I have to ask the man Olivier replaced, do you think it was a penalty or not?

Gorand: I have to say I do think he went down a little too easy Jolian. Let's just say if he was playing in Liga 2 that would be par for the course, but the ref wasn't in a good position, he couldn't see it and so, having a player go down like that in the box you can certainly rationalise his position. But at the same time Olivier. He was playing a little loose at the back, I don't think he's settled into his position well yet and it certainly doesn't look like he'll ever get the chance now.

Antos: Yes, in the last few minutes we do have confirmation that manager Klaes Van Emerick has sent Nicolas Olivier home following his sending off in the recent match. It is believed that he will be replaced by Éric Loupe for the match against Psychotez. Any thoughts on the penalty?

Draveo: Yes, it was a great penalty from Navack youngster, top corner. Keeper guesses the right way, but not much he could do with the ball travelling at that speed.

Antos: Now the second half is where things really started to break down for Midrasia, do you think that was a result of underestimating Navack or an inability to adapt to the new type of tactics that Van Emerick has been trying to implement for the past year?

Draveo: Part and parcel both I think. It didn't help being down to 10 men either. Let's be honest if you want to operate a heavy counter-attacking strategy it doesn't help when you have to move men off the wings and up front in order to bolster a three man defence. You could just see, whenever Midrasia won the ball back and tried to break across the wings with Subroux or Baldé whenever they got the ball, they had no-one to pass to, and it was just scooped up by the Navish defence. On the other hand, it was a little lacklustre by some players out there who I think the manager will be having a word with over the coming days, Philippe Wallonde had an awful night, it was as if we only had one full-back for the entire game, and again Joulles had trouble up front, probably struggling to adopt to his more attacking role.

Gorand: I also have to say, no offence to Sabon who put his heart into this game, but you can see why this tournament will be his last, he simply doesn't have the pace needed to outrun some of the younger Navish players. And while he does make up for this in his tactical ability and leadership quality, speed is something you need in abundance for such an attacking oriented formation.

Antos: So I think now we should move onto the question on everybody's minds, where do we go from here. Mattieu, you know the manager pretty well, where do you think he should go from here?

Gorand: I think the manager will need to give the players a long, hard talk after this match, and while i'm sure this result will come as a wake-up call to a lot of players on the team, I do think some changes are needed. First off all, I think the team should move away from this hyper-attack minded game plan because it simply isn't working. Instead, they should move to adopt elements of what they used last year. Move the two-wing attackers back to support the midfield, with Lazare as the lone poacher. Some swaps should also be made in the first team. A lot of those out there today appeared uninterested. There is plenty of young talent waiting on the bench, eager and ready to take their place, and I think the manager should entertain that prospect.

Draveo: I agree, if I had to look at anyone, I would look at Wallonde, Baldé, Joulles. I think out of everyone playing last night, they were the weakest link. Setting up the team, I would bring out Loupe in replacement of the suspended Olivier and put Desmarais at right back. In midfield, return to four in midfielders, leaving Qualquart just trailing Lazare. Sabon and Hadrien in the middle should shore things up, with Subroux and Chevalier out wide.

Antos: So with that, I think we should move onto future predictions, i'll start with you Domenico, is it all over for Midrasia?

Draveo: Far from it, I would think and hope that this defeat will come as a wake-up call for the team, which will allow them to strike back in the coming games. Yes it will be hard, Psychotez and Nausikaa certainly shouldn't be underestimated. But i'm certainly if we learn from this, we will still be in with a chance.

Gorand: Yes, as i've always said, it isn't over until the final match is played. And sure, this may come down to the wire, but if the team put their back in to their upcoming games, i'm sure we will still be in with a chance.

Antos: On that note, I think it's time we open the phone lines to listeners. If you want to share your thoughts or have any questions for us in the studio, please call the number on the link provided below. We will be back after this short break.

Antos: Welcome back and our first caller is Martin from Ibbené. Hello Martin?

Martin: Hello, I have to say. After that disgraceful performance I honestly don't see any way we can get back from this, nor any way we deserve to. I say we change out the entire team and let the youngsters have a run about. As far as I can see, this tournament is as good as over for us.

Antos: I see, I know tensions are running high now Martin, but there is still a way to go yet, I wouldn't throw away our chances so easily. Next caller, Henri.

Henri: Van Emerick deserves the sack after this match. Who in their right mind can take a team that came third in 2016 and utterly destroy it by the next year?

Antos: As far as we have heard, the manager has stated he will not be considering his future career at the team until after the conclusion of the tournament. Next caller, Tobie.

Tobie: Yes, I have to say, I think this wake up call will be beneficial in the long run. For too long we have seen ourselves as alone on top of the footballing game. Now there is some competition in town we actually have to work for our position.

Antos: I would agree, it certainly makes things interesting too. Hopefully this match will prove a wake up call and we can get back on track when we face Psychotez next. Hello, Leo?

Leo: Hi, with our chances of a first place group finished slashed and second fading by the minute, what do you think our chances of securing a third-place qualification are?

Antos: I would say it's far too early to speculate. I would give a more definitive answer after the next match, but obviously third-place qualification is reliant upon the results of other groups. I will say this though, our goal difference isn't looking too hot right now though, so we certainly need to do more if we want to be secure in going forward. That's all we have time for now I'm afraid, but be sure to join us again for our roundup of matchday 2 where I will be joined by more special guests, and we will give an overview of how the other teams are fairing in the competition. That's all for now, good night.

Be sure to stay tuned to Démarrer, Midrasia's premier footballing magazine for more updates and info on this years' Copa d'Aeia!

Latest Tournament Betting Odds:

Midrasian National Team:

• Klaes Van Emerick to be sacked - 8/1
  • Midrasia to finish third in group - 16/1
  • Midrasia to qualify in third - 25/1
  • Midrasia to not qualify - 33/1
  • Midrasia to lose to Psychotez - 33/1
  • Midrasia to lose to Nausikaa - 50/1
  • Midrasia to not score throughout the tournament - 80/1
Last edited by Midrasia on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki
Charles Vauban - IIWiki featured article (October 2017)
Pere Clar - IIWiki featured article (September 2019)

Crylante
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 06, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crylante » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:37 am

Dagmar Katrinsdottir
@msdagmarofvestby
Come on Crylante! You can win this! Good luck for today! #ViSkriver
RECHIRPSFAVOURITE
14:21 - 07/08/17

Liana Vescovi
@lianaVescoviReform
Disgusted at the response from Saraibia. Homophobia isn't an excuse for bad football. #Copa
RECHIRPSFAVOURITE
14:57 - 07/08/17

Jenny Anadottir
@jennyanadottirmf
Looking forward to seeing us thrash whoever tonight. Also disgusted at Saraibia's comments. #Copa
RECHIRPSFAVOURITE
15:29 - 07/08/17
Crylantian Federation
Social democratic confederation of Latin-Danes, Danes and Finns.
IIWiki
Democratic socialist, green and British federalist
Economic Left/Right: -6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18

Aquidneck
Spokesperson

Founded: May 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquidneck » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:53 am

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Image
@AquidMFA
The govt is warning all Aquidish citizens attending the Copa to be mindful of the local laws and to stay out of large crowds.
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
12:06 pm - 07 Aug 17

Lino Ochi
@Imaguy
Apparently there is a football tournament going on and Aquidneck is in it? Who knew?
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
11k12k
12:31 pm - 07 Aug 17
Last edited by Aquidneck on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ex-WA Delegate for Aeia
iiwiki category page

Navack
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:59 am

THE THREAD IS CLOSED. ANY RP POST FROM NOW ON WILL COUNT FOR THE 3rd MATCHDAY. THANK YOU AND HAVE A GOOD COPA.
Last edited by Navack on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Navack
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Navack » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:32 pm

SECOND MATCHDAY SCORES

Group A
Navack (Navack) 6–0 Nausikaa (Nausikaa)
Midrasia (Midrasia) 1–0 Psycho Empire (Psycho Empire)

Group A Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Navack 2 2 0 0 9 0 +9 6
2 Psycho Empire 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 3
3 Midrasia 2 1 0 1 1 3 −2 3
4 Nausikaa 2 0 0 2 0 7 −7 0

Group B
Ternca (Ternca) 2–4 CPSN (CPSN)
Volgaria (Volgaria) 4–3 Frestovenia (Frestovenia)

Group B Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Volgaria 2 2 0 0 5 3 +2 6
2 CPSN 2 1 0 1 5 4 +1 3
3 Frestovenia 2 1 0 1 5 5 0 3
4 Ternca 2 0 0 2 2 5 −3 0

Group C
Saraibia (Saraibia) 0–0 Newrey (Newrey)
Oserland (Oserland) 0–2 Glanodel (Glanodel)

Group C Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Glanodel 2 1 1 0 5 3 +2 4
2 Oserland 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 3
3 Newrey 2 0 2 0 3 3 0 2
4 Saraibia 2 0 1 1 0 2 −2 1

Group D
Crylante (Crylante) 1–1 Rohst (Rohst)
Vvarden (Vvarden) 0–2 Ajerrin (Ajerrin)

Group D Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Rohst 2 1 1 0 5 2 +3 4
2 Crylante 2 1 1 0 3 1 +2 4
3 Ajerrin 2 1 0 1 3 4 −1 3
4 Vvarden 2 0 0 2 0 4 −4 0

Group E
Onza (Onza) 0–0 Tyronova (Tyronova)
Timeria (Timeria) 4–1 Malban (Malban)

Group E Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Timeria 2 2 0 0 5 1 +4 6
2 Tyronova 2 1 1 0 2 1 +1 4
3 Onza 2 0 1 1 0 1 −1 1
4 Malban 2 0 0 2 2 6 −4 0

Group F
Sacemes (Sacemes) 2–4 Tarasanovia (Tarasanovia)
Cheonsam (Cheonsam) 2–0 Aquidneck (Aquidneck)

Group F Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Tarasanovia 2 2 0 0 5 2 +3 6
2 Cheonsam 2 1 1 0 3 1 +2 4
3 Sacemes 2 0 1 1 3 5 −2 1
4 Aquidneck 2 0 0 2 0 3 −3 0
Last edited by Navack on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newrey
Envoy

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Newrey » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:46 pm

The Newrey Globe || Monday 07/08/17

NEWREYANS IN SLUR-FILLED CLASH!
Toby Nicholson

In events that run contrary to the spirit of football and the Copa D'Aeia as a whole, groups of fans originating from both Newrey and Saraibia clashed all across the city of
Nebligen in the aftermath of tonights' game. Resulting in an uneventful draw between both sides, the groups of fans began to fight as a suspected means to get the frustration out of them, however it quickly devolved into a situation that almost became a riot, had Crylantian police not forcibly intervened, however smaller skirmishes continued throughout the night.

Other suspected reasons for the brawls was the continued antagonising of the Saraibians about the 2016 Cyningburgh attacks that left tens of people dead, while Newreyans taunted the Saraibians about religion and their race.

Hundreds of tweets began to reach Chirpr, blaming homosexuals, transexuals and the like for the events of the night, both from the Arabekhi's and the Newreyans, if ironically considering the liberalness of Crylante, the host country. A number of Newreyans have been hospitalised, wiyh a further 3 people being sent back to Newrey for more intensive surgery and care. No Newreyans are expected to face criminal charges when returning home.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Démarrer Image
@Démarrer
Great play from Qualquart sets up Lazare for his first goal of the tournament! Midrasia 1-0 Psychotez! #Copa2017 #MYDvPSY
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
5k7k
6:32 pm - 07/08/17

Gianni Braizilo
@Braizi92
Good to get a win under our belt. Let's keep this up @LesCourones! #Copa2017 #Momentum
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
8:30 pm - 07/08/17

Maurice Harolde
@Maurice_Harolde
Nice to know we aren't the only ones getting schooled by Navack
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
8:59 pm - 07/08/17
Last edited by Midrasia on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Crylante
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crylante » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:48 pm

Dagmar Katrinsdottir
@msdagmarofvestby
Only a draw? Where'd the skills we showed on Monday go? #ViSkriver
RECHIRPSFAVOURITE
21:43 - 07/08/17

Flavius De Raya
@realcrylantianboss
I for one am bloody sick of all these people coming over here from Newrey and Saraibia, disturbing the peace and disrespecting our national values!
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
21:47 - 07/08/17
Crylantian Federation
IIWiki

Aquidneck
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Aquidneck » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:13 pm

Lino Ochi
@Imaguy
Just found out Aquidneck bid to host the tournament? Why would we waste money on this sort of stuff? #TordenOutOfTouch
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
4:21 pm - 07 Aug 17

Giovanni Defolla
@GDfolla
Aquidneck lost again. To Cheonsam... At least they are a real country unlike Sacemes or Tarasanovia #WeRBadAtThis
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
4:34 pm - 07 Aug 17
Last edited by Aquidneck on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-WA Delegate for Aeia
iiwiki category page

Newrey
Envoy

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Newrey » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:15 pm

Arthur Spaya
@ArtfulArthur
@realcrylantianboss why don't you stop being cowardly and come fight us then?! Maybe get rid of your cowardly values?
RECHIRPSFAVORITE

Onza
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Onza » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:06 pm

Hammurabi
@W1se0ne
.@OCNA reports that 39% of Onzaians can't point to Tyronova on a map. #SadStateOfAffairs #ItWasADrawGuys
RECHIRPSFAVOURITE
2.4k3.2k
11:58 pm - 07 Aug 2017

Rizwan Fikri
@OnzaianPride
Why even bother participating in a sport that can end in a draw? Seriously? Waste of mine and Onza's time. #Copa2017 #ReclaimingMyTime
RECHIRPSFAVOURITE
11:59 pm - 07 Aug 2017
Pro: Social Democracy, Feminism, Critical Race Theory, Humanitarianism, LGBTQ+ Rights, and Secular Humanism.
Anti: Donald Trump, Homophobia, Totalitarianism, Religious Indoctrination, and Corporatism.
Economic Left/Right: -9.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.1
iiWiki|Factbook|Region

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:52 am

Marcel Belou

BACK IN THE GAME?

The Midrasian team fielded against Psychotez (subs shown)

Midrasia have successfully navigated the trials and tribulations of their second match against Psychotez, beating off the Rennekkan team by one goal to nil. This victory puts the team in good stead to face off their final group game against Nausikaa, a must win match if the team want to be sure to earn qualification into the next round. Fans and players alike were relieved at the result, which will keep the team's hopes alive, at least for the foreseeable future. Despite the victory, Midrasia remain on a goal difference of -2, a worrying statistic if qualification if the team finishes on equal points with other teams. As such manager Klaes Van Emerick has stated that he and his team must do all they can in their next game against Nausikaa.
"Today was tough, Psychotez were very strong in defence, and I know Nausikaa play a similar game. I know it will be tempting after their recent match with Navack, but we must not underestimate our opponents, that's why we lost our opening match." The Nausikaan side recently lost 6-0 to Navack in a thrilling game that has seen many consider the home side as potential favourites for the tournament.

Before the match many where considering how manager Van Emerick would set up his team and what would be changed from their clash with Navack. In terms of formation, the manager opted to revert to a 4-2-3-1, similar to the strategy used last year. Such a shift was not too fundamental to the side, with the wingers backing off from their more offensive mindset to support the midfield. Such a shift appeared beneficial as Midrasia dominated in midfield throughout most of the match. This new formation was supplemented with a greater emphasis on possession once the team were ahead. Psychotez's hyper-defensive mindset did them no favours against a Midrasian team unwilling to give them any possession. Five changes were also made to the team which faced Navack, with the suspended Olivier replaced by Éric Loupe and Bastien Desmarais taking over for Philippe Wallonde at right-back. In midfield Robert Hadrien replaced Marco Baldé to provided some much needed support to Henri Sabon, whilst Simon Qualquart dropped back to the right-wing. Henri de Lenare replaced Jacques Joulles just behind lone striker Enzo Lazare, whilst Mattieu Subroux was pushed further out to the left-wing.

Initially the match was a struggle for both sides. Midrasia's wide plays and breakaways were very easily stopped by the Psycho defence, which when supplemented with their midfield numbered 7 players at the back. Possession for the most part was with Midrasia, however the team were unable to crack the opposing team. By the end of the first half, Midrasia had only 3 shots on goal, although there was very little danger of Psychotez breaking into Midrasia's half in the first 45, with 0 attempts, thanks to the bulk of their men staying at the back. By the half-time whistle the score was level. Reports suggest at half time, captain Henri Sabon gave the speech of his life to the team, pushing them to go ahead and give it their all, or face elimination. The team coming out following the break was nothing if not determined. Psychotez looked to be eyeing a goal in the second half as they sought to push the Midrasian defence. Their efforts would lead to a number of chances, putting goalkeeper Thierry Florient to work. Ultimately a corner would be their undoing however, as a clearance by the keeper would land at the feet of Qualquart who would break away with the Psycho defence trailing down the pitch. Dribbling down the wing, Qualquart would play it to striker Lazare who struck home to make it 1-0 to Midrasia by the 72nd minute. The goal livened the crowd which had to endure a rather boring game for the majority of the match. This goal clearly livened the spirits of the Midrasian fans and team. Midrasia remained in possession for the remainder of the half, preventing Psychotez from pushing forward. Substitutions were made to rest a number of key players and put pressure on the opposition wingers, but ultimately by the full time whistle the score remained 1-0.

The team performed well throughout the match, looking like a much more cohesive and determined unit than that which faced Navack earlier in the week. There were however several standout performances on the night. Goalkeeper Thierry Florient was a brick wall in goal, nothing was passed up-field without a response and he commanded his defence to maintain their lines whenever Psychotez pushed up. The entire defence performed their jobs perfectly, however Alexis Meridon was the glue which held the back four together. A commanding figure, Meridon would be surefire pick to succeed Sabon as captain following the latter's retirement. In midfield Henri de Lenare performed well, despite struggling in the first half and up front Lazare struck when it mattered to put the team in front. However, the standout man of the match would have to be Simon Qualquart. The winger was unbeatable on the right and danced around Psychotez players like they were invisible. His constant runs up and downfield would make any marathon runner jealous and his skill was integral to the team's goal in the second half.

With a victory under their belt the team will be in much greater spirits when facing Nausikaa later in the week. The Nausikaan team have lost their last two games in the group, including a 6-0 pounding by Navack yesterday, so their spirits are likely to be low. Nevertheless, the team must not be underestimated. A victory against Nausikaa will keep Midrasia's hopes of success in the cup alive and all but guarantee qualification to the round-of-16. A Navish victory against Psychotez would see the team finish in a comfortable second, so we may see a few Midrasian fans cheering for the purples in the coming days, humiliating defeat aside.

Be sure to stay tuned to Démarrer, Midrasia's premier footballing magazine for more updates and info on this years' Copa d'Aeia!

Latest Tournament Betting Odds:

Win Outright (updated odds):

• Tarasanovia - 9/2
  • Navack - 8/1
  • Rohst - 8/1
  • Midrasia - 25/1
  • Crylante - 25/1
  • Newrey - 33/1
  • Frestovenia - 33/1
  • Aquidneck - 500/1
  • Malban - 500/1
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Crylante
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crylante » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Flavius De Raya
@realcrylantianboss
@ArtfulArthur If I wanted to visit a nation of eejits, I'd go to Sacemes.
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
[/quote]
Crylantian Federation
IIWiki

Aquidneck
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Aquidneck » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Lino Ochi
@Imaguy
Midrasian company giving us 1/500 chance of winning the Copa. Same odds of them having a functioning government. #LaughingstockofAsura
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
2k4k
4:12 pm - 08 Aug 17

Pio Setminna
@Foff
@Imaguy I know at least our Prince can bungee jump #LaughingstockofAsura
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
1.3k2k
4:16 pm - 08 Aug 17
Ex-WA Delegate for Aeia
iiwiki category page

Aquidneck
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Aquidneck » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:17 pm

Information
Nation: Aquidneck
Denonym: Aquidish
Nickname: Le Tartarughe (The Turtles)
Manager: Teodoto Caronia
Secondary Manager: Orso Principato
Captain: Concordio Moscatelli (CM)
Secondary Captain: Giordano Sita (RB)

Starting XI
1. GK - Agostino Stefano, 24
4. LB - Eliano Lazzarini, 27
2. LCB - Italo Olivero, 28
3. RCB - Michelangelo Tomasulo, 24
6. RB - Giordano Sita, 22
5. LM - Leo Di Costanzo, 27
8. CM - Concordio Moscatelli, 31 (c)
12. RM - Gianbattista Lazzara, 31
7. LF - Gerolamo Cerini, 21
9. CF - Domenico Squicciarini, 22
10. RF - Cleandro Aloia, 29

Substitutes
13. CB - Pompeo Mazzullo, 25
23. GK - Romero De Nicolo, 27
18. LB - Mansueto Pino, 28
21. RB - BLibero Guerino, 22
20. CB - Semiramide Greco, 20
17. DM - Tizio Vella, 23
19. LM - Oronzo Oliviero, 28
20. CM - Mancio Talone, 30
14. LB - Ivo Lecce, 27
16. RM - Berardo Visconti, 28
11. RF - Concetto Giannetta, 26
15. FW - Carmelo Orefice, 21

Formation: 4-5-1
Style modifier: +4

Football Kit
Home: Image
Away: Image
Other: Image
Permissions

Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: Y
RP Injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: Y (just don't kill them)
Godmod other events: Y
Last edited by Aquidneck on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-WA Delegate for Aeia
iiwiki category page

Onza
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Onza » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:21 pm

Maram Zia
@FlowerGurl1
Seriously, if our team was any worse, we'd call ourselves Aquidneck ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #Copa2017 #GetItTogether
RECHIRPSFAVOURITE
1.4k1.1k
5:14 pm - 08 Aug 2017

Ghayth Husni
@T3nnisLif3
Can anyone name a single player on our team? Does anyone even know what the Copa is? #Copa2017 #GetItTogether
RECHIRPSFAVOURITE
5:48 pm - 08 Aug 2017

Hammurabi
@W1se0ne
Proud to say Onza is the only non-terrorist regime hailing from Arabekh in the Copa. #Copa2017 #EjectSaraibia
RECHIRPSFAVOURITE
4.6k5.1k
7:58 pm - 08 Aug 2017
Pro: Social Democracy, Feminism, Critical Race Theory, Humanitarianism, LGBTQ+ Rights, and Secular Humanism.
Anti: Donald Trump, Homophobia, Totalitarianism, Religious Indoctrination, and Corporatism.
Economic Left/Right: -9.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.1
iiWiki|Factbook|Region

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports