NATION

PASSWORD

The Golden Shield of Football (Gridiron) - Info/Applications

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
The Golden Shield of Football
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

The Golden Shield of Football (Gridiron) - Info/Applications

Postby The Golden Shield of Football » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:32 pm

WARNING! No one but Damukuni or San José Guayabal should post in here right now! Thank you.

The Golden Shield of Football
Application Thread

Welcome to the Golden Shield of Football's Application Thread!

What is the Golden Shield of Football?
The Tamriel Golden Shield was invented as a contest to promote peace and goodwill between the always-warring nations within the former Practical United Region of Tamriel. The first six men's Golden Shields and four Women's Golden Shields were held under the oversight of the Tamrielese Sport Control Board, which oversaw all of the sports each nation participated in, including football (soccer), gridiron football, lacrosse, and 7ball (a sport from Sonnel, played by Fleuronordicia). After the region's dissolution, the Tamrielese Sport Control Board decided only to continue to regulate this specific event, and changed its name to the Golden Shield Committee. The competition changed its name to the Golden Shield of Football and adopted its current logo in its sixth running.

Which type of football is played in this competition?
Both the Men's and Women's Golden Shields are played using the American football code, with IFAF overtime following a game ending with a tie score at regulation.

How do I apply to join?
We'll get to that in just a minute.

How many teams may I enter into the competition?
The Golden Shield Committee is looking to gradually expand into a two-conference format, with an equal number of teams per conference, for both sexes.
  • For the (Men's) Golden Shield: Each nation may submit up to two (2) teams. One team must be designated for Conference A, the other for Conference B. Both conferences are equal in strength. N.B.: If conferences are not designated
  • For the Women's Golden Shield: Each nation may submit up to two (2) teams. The two-conference format will not currently apply to the Women's Golden Shield, until an announcement is made in the Everything Thread.
Need I post a roster now?
No. You may post a roster in the Everything Thread as soon as your team is confirmed in this thread.

How many new teams may be accepted into the competition between cycles?
Up to four (4) men's teams and four (4) women's teams may be accepted in total.

Is this competition linked to a competition in the International Domestic (Gridiron) Football Newswires?
No. The Golden Shield is an independent entity. Teams winning this competition may not be entered into a domestic champions' league.

I have more questions!
Send a telegram to The Golden Shield of Football.

All right! My questions have been answered! Sign me up!
Copy and complete the application form below.
Code: Select all
[align=center][img]https://www.nationstates.net/images/flags/uploads/the_golden_shield_of_football__100062.png[/img]
[size=150][b]APPLICATION FORM[/b][/size]

[b]Nation Name:[/b] Nation[/align]
[b]Team Name:[/b]
[b]Men's A, Men's B, or Women's:[/b]
[b]Logo (no wider than 100px):[/b]

Last edited by The Golden Shield of Football on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:22 pm

APPLICATION FORM

Nation Name: San José Guayabal

Team Name: Alianza GC
Men's A, Men's B, or Women's: Men's A.
Logo (no wider than 100px): https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kp2wMk6gGHo/VisVY8waJ2I/AAAAAAAACcc/3r5tbIcUuo0/s100/Alianza%2BFC.png

Team Name: FAS Gridiron
Men's A, Men's B, or Women's: Woman.
Logo (no wider than 100px): http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_H9-dpZiCXL4/S8vO7VOcnEI/AAAAAAAAAWc/zAuhPC_xjwk/s100/HDYT_fas-campeon.jpg
Last edited by San Jose Guayabal on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Return to NS Sports