NATION

PASSWORD

IWPF // Water Polo Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:54 pm

Newmanistan wrote:This type of thing (impeaching) can get tense and can lead to finger-pointing; way back when, when this happened in the World Baseball Classic there were some unpleasant words expressed, and visits from moderators. Right now we are not at that point, but just want to remind everyone to not make this "personal", regardless of what side of the fence you might be on. Whichever way the vote goes, it is not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things.

I just want a clarification of the facts leading up to it, is all.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:58 pm

It doesn't help that now I am feeling harassed in tg for putting out something. That could have been solved with a yes, I didn't think it was necessary to include your no vote as the ayes had it. To make the results accurate to the votes I will add your no vote.

That than spiralled into unprofessional responses from the President and the belittle of West Phoenicia. As we as an tg from the President that I felt was a continued attack.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:59 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Newmanistan wrote:This type of thing (impeaching) can get tense and can lead to finger-pointing; way back when, when this happened in the World Baseball Classic there were some unpleasant words expressed, and visits from moderators. Right now we are not at that point, but just want to remind everyone to not make this "personal", regardless of what side of the fence you might be on. Whichever way the vote goes, it is not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things.

I just want a clarification of the facts leading up to it, is all.

The reaction of Kep towards West Phoenicia's disagreement with the way "the vote issue" was not professional, in the eyes of some. It is not the omission of West Phoenicia's vote that is questioned, it is the response that came after it; which led to minor name-calling in the sign up thread. Kep also stated that West Phoenicia, a 2-time champion, would have his ranking stripped. Another part of the discussion was Kep's hiatus throughout the last tournament, which has irked some.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:01 pm

Newmanistan wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I just want a clarification of the facts leading up to it, is all.

The reaction of Kep towards West Phoenicia's disagreement with the way "the vote issue" was not professional, in the eyes of some. It is not the omission of West Phoenicia's vote that is questioned, it is the response that came after it; which led to minor name-calling in the sign up thread. Kep also stated that West Phoenicia, a 2-time champion, would have his ranking stripped. Another part of the discussion was Kep's hiatus throughout the last tournament, which has irked some.

Well he did claim that he was leaving, thus it would not make sense to maintain the ranking of a former member. That's not really aggressive, it's good bookkeeping.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Kep
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:02 pm

I still intend on running this organization until Newman tallies the votes and it says otherwise. I apologize for any displayed rudeness but I dont think not having a single person in a vote because a majority had already been reached is much of a reason of impeachment. Then again five others think opposite of my spectrum so, we'll see.

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:03 pm

Newmanistan wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I just want a clarification of the facts leading up to it, is all.

he had said he was leaving the IWPF.
If Brazil left FIFA, would they remain in the rankings? No.

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:03 pm

Newmanistan wrote:

Well he did claim that he was leaving, thus it would not make sense to maintain the ranking of a former member. That's not really aggressive, it's good bookkeeping.

It was to be removed from this IWPF cycle. I did not say we wished to withdraw from the Council.

And there are many nations that no longer play a sport that are still ranked. This sport should be no different. I did work my butt off to get that ranking. And pulling out of this cycle would affect that. But its the principle nad the rudeness I would accept.
Last edited by West Phoenicia on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:04 pm

Newmanistan wrote:

A small competition such as this can't really afford to lose a lot of nations, especially nations that have committed time into this. It is prudent for everyone to work together here, otherwise it'll dwindle into the ether. That doesn't mean one must submit to the demands of everyone in this body; on the contrary, if it is something like amending a vote count, it's kind of a non-issue.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:06 pm

West Phoenicia wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Well he did claim that he was leaving, thus it would not make sense to maintain the ranking of a former member. That's not really aggressive, it's good bookkeeping.

It was to be removed from this IWPF cycle. And there are many nations that no longer play a sport that are still ranked. This sport should be no different. I did work my butt off to get that ranking. And pulling out of this cycle would affect that. But its the principle nad the rudeness I would accept.

The difference is that they just stopped playing. When someone stops posting their is the belief that theymight come back (it could be rl issues or whatever stopping them posting), when someone quits it seems more permanent.

I'm pretty sure we can sort this out without a vote of no confidence though, I think something far less drastic would be in order.

West Pocono
Attaché

Founded: Feb 09, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby West Pocono » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:08 pm

I'm pretty sure we can sort this out without a vote of no confidence though, I think something far less drastic would be in order.

We'll see how it goes. No one should be assuming this vote will go one way, or the other way, either. There can be a silent majority in things like this.
Baptism of Fire 35 Champions!

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:09 pm

West Phoenicia wrote:
It was to be removed from this IWPF cycle. And there are many nations that no longer play a sport that are still ranked. This sport should be no different. I did work my butt off to get that ranking. And pulling out of this cycle would affect that. But its the principle nad the rudeness I would accept.

The difference is that they just stopped playing. When someone stops posting their is the belief that theymight come back (it could be rl issues or whatever stopping them posting), when someone quits it seems more permanent.

it's already too late.
I do apologize for my rudeness, but it's evident my work with the IWPF is worth nothing and new leadership is apprently wanted.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:10 pm

West Phoenicia wrote:

The president has initiated the vote - if it were called off, that could lead to greater issues.

I do believe the president could work diplomatically to prevent a removal, however.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:10 pm

West Pocono wrote:

We'll see how it goes. No one should be assuming this vote will go one way, or the other way, either. There can be a silent majority in things like this.

I think a vote of no confidence is just over-drastic. I think if we all just sat down and discussed it for a while we'd quickly come to a decent solution.

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:11 pm

What could I do to alleviate the events that have transcribed that works for all of us, >_>

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:12 pm

I mean on the bright side this is the most consistent talk we've had about water polo and I'm sure everyone's got some popcorn to watch this lmao.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:14 pm

Kep wrote:What could I do to alleviate the events that have transcribed that works for all of us, >_>

I honestly think that fixing the vote tally and apologising would be a good first step.
Obviously the issue with the vote is very important for the people who requested the vote of no confidence.

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:18 pm

As for my one month absence, that was due to being at Defax concerning be transferred to state custody so I apologize while was that NS wasn't my top priority.
But I don't believe that all this requires an impeachment, surely.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:21 pm

Kep wrote:What could I do to alleviate the events that have transcribed that works for all of us, >_>

I'm no expert, but I can offer some advice.

Contact the nations that are upset and work out some sort of compromise. Some here have voiced concerns over how they were treated and, whether it is justified in the eyes of all or not, there's an old Polish saying that says 'people will forget what you say, but they'll never forget how you made them feel'. Work on mending those broken ties.

Issue an apology in the thread over the matter. Genuine, because folks can get upset and leave over a vote that was missed, but the comments inserted after the matter are not conducive to how a president should act, in my opinion.

If people still leave, however, one should keep their records and rankings. Just because they left doesn't mean they're now barred or their records are abdicated like Louisville in the NCAA. Doing that is usually very messy. Plus they may return.

Establish a plan for the WPIC in case you or anyone else is absent for an extended period of time. Many people want understanding there and confidence that this body will continue.

Clearly define roles in this body. What has hurt has been the long absences, and while I certainly will not blame anyone for that, it is important that we have a plan and a line of succession in case things get dusty. Real life obviously comes first and no one should feel the need to apologize over that. Nor should one interpret concerns over long pauses of this body as an attack. It's not. We're all playing a game here and if folks need to step away from the table for a little bit, then they step away from the table a bit and we keep playing. But their seat is left warm.

Allow the vote to continue. Should you retain, clearly folks are willing to give you another shot. If not, take it gracefully and remain in the competition.

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:30 pm

I will issue a statement tmrw. concerning my future within IWPF leadership and looking forward towards the organization.

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:03 pm

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE IWPF PRESIDENT

Hello all, as your President, I feel inclined to make a quick speech concerning the recent events transpiring that have served to hurt the reputation of both the IWPF and me personally.
I've made a mistake in my response to the actions concerning the vote-tally which took place in accordance to Code III in relation to an international water polo sportswire and said tournament. Unfortunately, an error in my judgement lead to a fall-out OOC-ly with West Phoenicia, resulting in a boycott by the former, North Prarie and Northwest Kalactin. I have antagonized two members of the IWPF (one being an Executive Council mbmr.) and a prospective member of the IWPF, I intend to issue an apology thru this post. What I have done is an action which cannot be overturned, however, I've made a mistake and I wish to apologize for it. Whilst a mistake was committed, I do not believe a vote-of-no-confidence is truly needed as to this, rather, the expectations of the IWPF should continue as set to provide the WPIC for the water polo-enjoying nations of the multiverse, I have served dutifully for nearly a year in-between a mid-absence in concern do important rl-issues and I believe I should finish out the remainder of my term.

In addressing to my one-month absence, this was truly a major problem which occurred for me in real-life, at the time, I was 14, within real-life, I am an adopted immigrant, seeing that my family and have had major issues over the past year, there was a long discussion as to turning my custody over to the state of Georgia as to my remnant as a family member. Truly, I apologize for my absence, however, I do believe it was justified, leaving Aclion and Todd McCloud who are both able leaders for the organization of said IWPF.

In finality, I ask you to see reason, I wish to reconcile with the members who are antagonized by my actions and will be in discussions as to further a gap that has quickly-became apparent in the last 24-hours. I ask that you trust me as your President and as your fellow IWPF member to successfully complete my term as set out by the mandate. I ask of you to vote no in the vote-of-confidence poll as to issue faith in the Kep administration as I strive to further implement your changes in the IWPF as a whole.

IWPF President
Kep
Last edited by Kep on Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:22 pm

Kep, now knowing your age says a lot. You're going through a lot in your life, and I wish you the best with it. There are so many more important things out there then our game with in a game.

You're young, some of us, including myself, are old enough to be your father. (I hate admitting how old I am now!) Despite our ages, we all come to this forum, put on our RP'ing hats, and escape what is going on in our lives to these nations that we have created and sporting competitions. I'm mentioning this because I now think that maybe you don't realize that being President is more then just creating signup threads and vote threads. It's about being a dignified member of the community, and carrying yourself in a very diplomatic manner. It may mean biting your tongue sometimes to say what you really feel, because you need to be that person that everyone in the competition can look towards, for an unbiased opinion. If you are retained after this vote, just remember that. You do things like a count a "meaningless in the long run" vote because it's the right thing to do. The non-confrontational thing to do. You don't make a community member feel unimportant (I hated you're calling of his vote 'unneeded') just because they are part of a minority. Any contribution from a community member is needed, even if it is the 11th person speaking up to go one way after 10 people unanimously said to go the other day. You're a good person who's going through a lot right now IRL. You'll get through it, and maybe this can help with your maturation process on here as well.

The vote should continue, and it is close. Without saying which one has 5, I will say its a 5-4 vote right now.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

West Pocono
Attaché

Founded: Feb 09, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby West Pocono » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:00 pm

No specific time was given to end the vote, so ending it now is as good as any other time, since all but one of the votes came in on the first day.

With 10 votes recorded on the measure to retain or remove Kep from the Presidency, the vote is:

6- In favor of RETAINING Kep.
4- Wishing to Remove Kep.

Therefore, Kep will continue to hold the title of President.
Baptism of Fire 35 Champions!

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:34 pm

West Pocono wrote:No specific time was given to end the vote, so ending it now is as good as any other time, since all but one of the votes came in on the first day.

With 10 votes recorded on the measure to retain or remove Kep from the Presidency, the vote is:

6- In favor of RETAINING Kep.
4- Wishing to Remove Kep.

Therefore, Kep will continue to hold the title of President.

#DemocracyInAction

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:36 pm

I thank y'all each much for your support, even those who voted against me. I will work to reconcile each of you by the end of my term and intend to bring the IWPF up to better standards by the end of the year.

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:28 pm

West Phoenicia will still be boycotting the current cycle of the IWPF.

Per the IWPF Constitution a nation is removed after failing to post in two consecutive cycles. Thus our ranking wont be stripped until we fail to field a team in two IWPF cycles. And our membership and voting rights fall into the same category.

The West Phoenician Water Polo Federation will discuss fielding a team in the next cycle as well as push for an executive role within the IWPF

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports