NATION

PASSWORD

IWPF // Water Polo Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:11 pm

The International Water Polo Federation wrote:
Newmanistan wrote:
I am going to second this, and will be willing to take the votes with a puppet.
I third this, calling a vote immediately.

Fourth.
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:12 pm

North Prarie wrote:
The International Water Polo Federation wrote:I third this, calling a vote immediately.

Fourth.

Fifth
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

The International Water Polo Federation
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The International Water Polo Federation » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:12 pm

To IWPF members:

Code IV
    On the dissolution of the Kep administration due to select members' apparent dislike of President Kep's actions.

A.) Yes
      B.) No

Please respond to Newmanistan with a TG by Wednesday Feb. 28, 2017
Official Account of the International Water Polo Federation
24 Oakhurst Circle
Tynedale, RZN | A-P0Z

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The International Water Polo Federation » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:13 pm

North Prarie wrote:
The International Water Polo Federation wrote:I third this, calling a vote immediately.

Fourth.

You are not an IWPF member, unfortunately you cannot vote, however your opinion matters!
24 Oakhurst Circle
Tynedale, RZN | A-P0Z

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:15 pm

Utterly ridiculous.

Vekaiyu looks forward to this vote.

In lieu of this body crumbling over the next few days, Vekaiyu asks nations pulling out of this federation to give pause and allow this vote to see to its fullness prior to making any movements.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:16 pm

The International Water Polo Federation wrote:To IWPF members:

Code IV
    On the dissolution of the Kep administration due to select members' apparent dislike of President Kep's actions.

A.) Yes
      B.) No

For the sake of clarification, a 'yes' vote removes the Kep administration and opens the door for a new president, and a 'no' vote maintains status quo?

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The International Water Polo Federation » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:18 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:

Code IV

A.) Yes
      B.) No

For the sake of clarification, a 'yes' vote removes the Kep administration and opens the door for a new president, and a 'no' vote maintains status quo?

A 'no' vote would allow organize new elections, erasing the Kep Administration.
24 Oakhurst Circle
Tynedale, RZN | A-P0Z

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:

Code IV

A.) Yes
      B.) No

All is well, but please direct this vote to my puppet, West Pocono
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:20 pm

The International Water Polo Federation wrote:
Todd McCloud wrote:For the sake of clarification, a 'yes' vote removes the Kep administration and opens the door for a new president, and a 'no' vote maintains status quo?

A 'no' vote would allow organize new elections, erasing the Kep Administration.

Update the vote post so folks are more clear with the wordage

Kep
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:30 pm

Or you could of told me, "Hey I don't like you as President anymore", but no we had to think of any way to tarnish my already-destroyed name, didn't we.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:34 pm

So a no vote gets rid of the current administration?
This makes no sense.
Can I go change my vote from no then?

Can we confirm also that we are voting to get rid of a president because he failed to include a vote in his tally that could have made absolutely no difference whatsoever?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Azeirethia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Azeirethia » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:36 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:So a no vote gets rid of the current administration?
This makes no sense.
Can I go change my vote from no then?

Can we confirm also that we are voting to get rid of a president because he failed to include a vote in his tally that could have made absolutely no difference whatsoever?
I literally tg'd you the corrected form, go off of that, the most recent one.
- Kep
Last edited by Azeirethia on Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNITED RAJAKANI KINGDOMS
| Capital: Rajakabad | Location: Pakistan | Leader: Rajnetara Jehru Moab |

Yvng Tigga - Peep my Soundcloud
Main-nation of Kep
Modern-day Pakistan
|
60's-era nation

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:36 pm

So looks like this is going great.

In other news, are sign ups open/will a season be underway soon? Looks kinda interesting.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Azeirethia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Azeirethia » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:38 pm

Ranoria wrote:So looks like this is going great.

In other news, are sign ups open/will a season be underway soon? Looks kinda interesting.

Seeing thst there's apprently a deep-seeded hatred for me that they choose to release now it's going swell. Lost 3 members in 30 minutes, woohoo.
UNITED RAJAKANI KINGDOMS
| Capital: Rajakabad | Location: Pakistan | Leader: Rajnetara Jehru Moab |

Yvng Tigga - Peep my Soundcloud
Main-nation of Kep
Modern-day Pakistan
|
60's-era nation

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:39 pm

Oh, it looks like gvh should read tgs properly, never mind.

Don't change my vote from no.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:40 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Oh, it looks like gvh should read tgs properly, never mind.

What.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:41 pm

Azeirethia wrote:
Ranoria wrote:So looks like this is going great.

Seeing thst there's apprently a deep-seeded hatred for me that they choose to release now it's going swell. Lost 3 members in 30 minutes, woohoo.

Having read the last few pages, it sounds like petty bullshit.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Kep wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Oh, it looks like gvh should read tgs properly, never mind.

What.

A post from the IWPF suggested that a no vote would organise new elections.
The tg suggested that a no vote would keep the current admin. Which one is it?

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:43 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Azeirethia wrote:Seeing thst there's apprently a deep-seeded hatred for me that they choose to release now it's going swell. Lost 3 members in 30 minutes, woohoo.

Having read the last few pages, it sounds like petty bullshit.
That's why I'm being kicked out of the organization I've ran for nearly a year now. :3
Looking forward to our next President, I presume?

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:45 pm

Kep wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Having read the last few pages, it sounds like petty bullshit.
That's why I'm being kicked out of the organization I've ran for nearly a year now. :3

No I'm trying to vote to keep you in. Just can't figure out which option keeps you in because we've had differing responses.

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:46 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Kep wrote:That's why I'm being kicked out of the organization I've ran for nearly a year now. :3

No I'm trying to vote to keep you in. Just can't figure out which option keeps you in because we've had differing responses.
yes is to kick me out
No is to retain the Kep Administration

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:48 pm

Kep wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:No I'm trying to vote to keep you in. Just can't figure out which option keeps you in because we've had differing responses.
yes is to kick me out
No is to retain the Kep Administration

I shall keep my vote as 'no' then.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:50 pm

Kep wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Having read the last few pages, it sounds like petty bullshit.

The first vote indicated "On the dissolution of the Kep administration due to select members' apparent dislike of President Kep's actions.", which seemed to indicate a yes vote meant remove the administration and a no vote meant keep the status quo.

Upon the suggestion to make the vote seem less wordy, the president clarified the vote as follows:
A.) Yes - call new elections at completion of WPIC 4
B.) No - retain the Kep administration

Which seems contrary to the initial wordage. Either way, even a vote of confidence seems to be difficult. If the president is certain they will be removed, then a resignation may be more proper. However, if the president intends to keep running this body, Vekaiyu suggests the president issue an apology, allow the vote to continue, and work to resolve the matters that have arisen over the weekend.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:51 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:
Kep wrote:That's why I'm being kicked out of the organization I've ran for nearly a year now. :3

The first vote indicated "On the dissolution of the Kep administration due to select members' apparent dislike of President Kep's actions.", which seemed to indicate a yes vote meant remove the administration and a no vote meant keep the status quo.

Upon the suggestion to make the vote seem less wordy, the president clarified the vote as follows:
A.) Yes - call new elections at completion of WPIC 4
B.) No - retain the Kep administration

Which seems contrary to the initial wordage. Either way, even a vote of confidence seems to be difficult. If the president is certain they will be removed, then a resignation may be more proper. However, if the president intends to keep running this body, Vekaiyu suggests the president issue an apology, allow the vote to continue, and work to resolve the matters that have arisen over the weekend.

What are the issues, apart from not tallying a vote that made no difference whatsoever?
If you don't mind, could you tg me please so that the thread doesn't become cluttered with rehashing old drama

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:52 pm

This type of thing (impeaching) can get tense and can lead to finger-pointing; way back when, when this happened in the World Baseball Classic there were some unpleasant words expressed, and visits from moderators. Right now we are not at that point, but just want to remind everyone to not make this "personal", regardless of what side of the fence you might be on. Whichever way the vote goes, it is not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports