NATION

PASSWORD

Games of the XII Olympiad – OOC thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:00 pm

Spaam wrote:It seems that my Women's team has still not been added to the T20 Cricket...

Might be too late? Missed their flight? :D

If they are missing a second team to make up the numbers for you to be added we can stand in as well.
Last edited by Vilita and Turori on Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:16 pm

The Men's and Women's Football semifinals look awfully... similar.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:49 pm

Arg, I thought you were only entering the men's team for some reason. Todd will have to decide if he can fit you in at this stage.

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:55 pm

When you don't rp for a day, you get bad results.
The Greater Vakolicci Haven: Unified, expanding, free

((please note: this nation is second-hand. Its current operator is not a fascist.))

Spaam
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Spaam » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Kelssek wrote:Arg, I thought you were only entering the men's team for some reason. Todd will have to decide if he can fit you in at this stage.

I guess worst case scenario he can replace GVH with me and rescorinate those matches?
Yes, that Spaam
Runner-up WC7, WC13 & CoH24, Third WC6 & CoH20
(Co-)Host CoH3, CoH19, CoH20, CoH22, BoF19, BoF65, IC3
Winner AFLC3, Runner-up QWC7
(Co-)Host UC5, QWC7
Rugby League Scorinator

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Spaam wrote:
Kelssek wrote:Arg, I thought you were only entering the men's team for some reason. Todd will have to decide if he can fit you in at this stage.

I guess worst case scenario he can replace GVH with me and rescorinate those matches?

Why, exactly?

((please note: this nation is second-hand. Its current operator is not a fascist.))

Spaam
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Spaam » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:22 pm

Blitzkeig wrote:
Spaam wrote:I guess worst case scenario he can replace GVH with me and rescorinate those matches?

Why, exactly?

Or Velstrania. Simple reason is you wanted to be added long after signups closed, while I signed up a long time ago.
Yes, that Spaam
(Co-)Host UC5, QWC7
Rugby League Scorinator

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:36 pm

Spaam wrote:
Blitzkeig wrote:Why, exactly?

Or Velstrania. Simple reason is you wanted to be added long after signups closed, while I signed up a long time ago.

I signed up exactly the same way you did, under the knowledge that their were spots available. Somebody asked about spots (I don't think it was me), I was told their were spots, I responded within 5 minutes.

Spaam
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Spaam » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:38 pm

Blitzkeig wrote:
Spaam wrote:Or Velstrania. Simple reason is you wanted to be added long after signups closed, while I signed up a long time ago.

I signed up exactly the same way you did, under the knowledge that their were spots available. Somebody asked about spots (I don't think it was me), I was told their were spots, I responded within 5 minutes.

Note I said worst case scenario. If the only option was to remove a team to make room for mine, what do you think should happen?
Yes, that Spaam
(Co-)Host UC5, QWC7
Rugby League Scorinator

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:45 pm

The schedule for today had Athletics - Men’s 4×100 m Relay and for the women too. But only the men played.

Not sure if that was missed

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:48 pm

Darmen wrote:The Men's and Women's Football semifinals look awfully... similar.

We decided to duplicate the results, since we loved it so much.

Actually it has been fixed.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Kelssek
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:13 pm

West Phoenicia wrote:The schedule for today had Athletics - Men’s 4×100 m Relay and for the women too. But only the men played.

Not sure if that was missed

Wasn't necessary as that event went straight to finals from the heats.

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:14 pm

Spaam wrote:
Blitzkeig wrote:I signed up exactly the same way you did, under the knowledge that their were spots available. Somebody asked about spots (I don't think it was me), I was told their were spots, I responded within 5 minutes.

Note I said worst case scenario. If the only option was to remove a team to make room for mine, what do you think should happen?

Nothing, since you took ages to notify them that your team was missing.

Spaam
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Spaam » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:19 pm

Blitzkeig wrote:
Spaam wrote:Note I said worst case scenario. If the only option was to remove a team to make room for mine, what do you think should happen?

Nothing, since you took ages to notify them that your team was missing.

Really? I notified as soon as the second match day was played (since there was a bye in the first).
Yes, that Spaam
(Co-)Host UC5, QWC7
Rugby League Scorinator

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:21 pm

Spaam wrote:
Blitzkeig wrote:Nothing, since you took ages to notify them that your team was missing.

Really? I notified as soon as the second match day was played (since there was a bye in the first).

Weren't the groups public?

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:41 pm

Kelssek just a note, my Men's badminton team won their semifinal yet lost the bronze medal match for some reason. it was a day or two ago i just didnt catch it until i looked today.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017

Postby West Phoenicia » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:14 pm

Taeshan wrote:Kelssek just a note, my Men's badminton team won their semifinal yet lost the bronze medal match for some reason. it was a day or two ago i just didnt catch it until i looked today.

Men's doubles you lost

Toan Le/Nathan Tomica (KWP) 21 21
Corbyn Haines/Liam Haines (TAE) 12 19

So you went into the Bronze game;

Subhi Skinner/Siraj Andreasson (EFL) 21 19 17
Corbyn Haines/Liam Haines (TAE) 16 21 21

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:29 pm

Blitzkeig wrote:
Spaam wrote:Really? I notified as soon as the second match day was played (since there was a bye in the first).

Weren't the groups public?

Perhaps a better option, since your other cricket team has a 0 rating, would be to re-assign it a rating of 100 and resim those games?

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:33 pm

West Phoenicia wrote:
Taeshan wrote:Kelssek just a note, my Men's badminton team won their semifinal yet lost the bronze medal match for some reason. it was a day or two ago i just didnt catch it until i looked today.

Men's doubles you lost

Toan Le/Nathan Tomica (KWP) 21 21
Corbyn Haines/Liam Haines (TAE) 12 19

So you went into the Bronze game;

Subhi Skinner/Siraj Andreasson (EFL) 21 19 17
Corbyn Haines/Liam Haines (TAE) 16 21 21

Ah yes sorry. What I meant to say is my Men's Table Tennis team. Not Badminton. I was thinking one thing and looking at something else
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Spaam
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Spaam » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:36 pm

Blitzkeig wrote:
Blitzkeig wrote:Weren't the groups public?

Perhaps a better option, since your other cricket team has a 0 rating, would be to re-assign it a rating of 100 and resim those games?

I would assume it is easier to resim the Women's who are only on Matchday 2 than the Men's who have finished their group stage. I would also not be okay with that situation.
Yes, that Spaam
(Co-)Host UC5, QWC7
Rugby League Scorinator

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:03 pm

Spaam wrote:
Blitzkeig wrote:Perhaps a better option, since your other cricket team has a 0 rating, would be to re-assign it a rating of 100 and resim those games?

I would assume it is easier to resim the Women's who are only on Matchday 2 than the Men's who have finished their group stage. I would also not be okay with that situation.

In general, in a 5 team group, a 6th team can be added with no need to re-sim previous matches.

The catch is that you either have to score the rest of the group 'manually' or do some careful planning / modifying in Xkornate to make the schedules lineup.

In a 5 team group, each team has a single scheduled bye day. In reality, that bye day is simply a match against team #6 in the group. If there is no team 6, its a bye, if there is, then its a match against that team.

So opposed to re-simming any women's events, just two matches need to be simmed (not re-simmed) to catch the group up. The match where the team with a bye on MD1 plays Spaam, and the team with the bye on MD2 plays spaam.

If you can set up all the teams in the same spot in the group in xkoranate and modify the table appropriately starting with MD3, it could be as smooth at that. I don't know why one would consider re-simming the entire mens tournament due to a team left out in the womens tournament when there is a bye in the schedule.

Kelssek
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:09 am

Looks like I accidentally redid the semis instead of how it should be, which is this result:

Table Tennis - Men’s Team
Bronze medal match
Uvan Borlanzic/Rikard Jereznic/Florian Überhöfler (MTJ) 3 0 1 3 1
Hasib Ahmad/Jean Pierrat/Luc Pierrat (TRM) 2 3 3 1 3

Gold medal match
Marco Tuck/Alban Vincune/Marzooq Higginson (EFL) 1 1 0
Matt Fude/Amando Quark/Jackson Lesack (TAE) 3 3 3

Vilita has given some very useful suggestions which we are looking into. It's important to me to make every reasonable effort to correct errors and not leave out entries if it can be helped. Please let's not have an argument over a demonstration event.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:34 am

Hey all. Due to my trip to Ottawa for next 3 days, my RPing will be limited until Friday. Don't worry if you missed my RPs, because more will come afterwards.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:58 pm

That's what you write when you can't think of anything to write.

Spaam
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Spaam » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:47 pm

Thank you for adding Spaam into the cricket, it is much appreciated!
Yes, that Spaam
(Co-)Host UC5, QWC7
Rugby League Scorinator

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports