NATION

PASSWORD

Games of the XII Olympiad – OOC thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Swimming–Women’s 10 km Marathon (2)
Shara Carden;VNG;90 <- This entry was missing from the 10K. We also had a male at a 50 rating who isn't important. But if others are missing, it may mean a problem with our aquatic sign ups... Unless I missed something again.

Swimming–Men’s 50 m Freestyle (2)
Marv Volffe;VNG;65
Swimming–Men’s 100 m Freestyle (2)
Ferdinand Gordo;VNG;40
Swimming–Men’s 200 m Freestyle (2)
Justin Adkinssen;VNG;40
Swimming–Men’s 400 m Freestyle (2)
Eddie Larson;VNG;50
Swimming–Men’s 1500 m Freestyle (2)
Thom Meridian;VNG;50
Swimming–Men’s 100 m Backstroke (2)
Ben Howell;VNG;50
Swimming–Men’s 200 m Backstroke (2)
Patton Linter;VNG;60
Swimming–Men’s 100 m Breaststroke (2)
Kerry Mann;VNG;70
Swimming–Men’s 200 m Breaststroke (2)
Swayene Dadebaygo;VNG;50
Swimming–Men’s 100 m Butterfly (2)
Gene Cartabo;VNG;50
Swimming–Men’s 200 m Butterfly (2)
Rodolfo Fonseca;VNG;15
Swimming–Men’s 200 m Individual Medley (2)
Matt Boone;VNG;45
Swimming–Men’s 400 m Individual Medley (2)
Cal Monteca;VNG;50
Swimming–Men’s 10 km Marathon (2)
Harry Caetta;VNG;50
Swimming–Women’s 50 m Freestyle (2)
Huddie Rantom;VNG;70
Swimming–Women’s 100 m Freestyle (2)
Melanie Stapples;VNG;46
Swimming–Women’s 200 m Freestyle (2)
Maryanna Chatu;VNG;50
Swimming–Women’s 400 m Freestyle (2)
Apryl Burr;VNG;30
Swimming–Women’s 800 m Freestyle (2)
Eboni Yunta;VNG;50
Swimming–Women’s 100 m Backstroke (2)
Trinh Tran;VNG;70
Swimming–Women’s 200 m Backstroke (25)
Adriana Bartlettison;VNG;10
Swimming–Women’s 100 m Breaststroke (2)
Elle Van Pelterssen;VNG;80
Swimming–Women’s 200 m Breaststroke (2)
Lia Lehman;VNG;50
Swimming–Women’s 100 m Butterfly (2)
Estella Riva;VNG;70
Jane Wanturo;VNG;50
Swimming–Women’s 200 m Butterfly (2)
Natalie Hosat;VNG;45
Jen Stormason;VNG;25
Swimming–Women’s 200 m Individual Medley (2)
Chere Downehetter;VNG;50
Bev Vander;VNG;70
Swimming–Women’s 400 m Individual Medley (2)
Effi Peterman;VNG;30
Swimming–Women’s 10 km Marathon (2)
Shara Carden;VNG;90
Last edited by Vangaziland on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:13 pm

I've done the results from the current day. Below are their results:

Men's 10km Marathon
Harry Caetta (VNG)      1:53:41.5

This fellow placed 42nd

Women's 10km Marathon
Shara Carden (VNG)      1:59:42.9

This one placed 14th

Before I start tearing my hair out, why did you wait until the very last swimming event to let us know many of your athletes were missing?
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:14 pm

I've asked Todd to resim your missing open water swimmer.

Since the signup input was my responsibility, I apologize for this, but it would just be too much to go back and resim all of them at this point, at least while we're still busy with all the other events.

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017

Postby West Phoenicia » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Both my men and women are missing from the 10 km Marathon. While in the sign ups I labelled it as 10 000 m. But it was never corrected. And it really is the same thing.
Last edited by West Phoenicia on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:22 pm

Adding him is fine. I'd also ask to consider any others rated over 70, because with our conservative lineup, it's kind of major. At least 80. Those events might not have come up yet though. I just remember Carden for the 10K. I don't think all of them were missed, just gave the total roster to cross reference.

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:36 pm

West Phoenicia wrote:Both my men and women are missing from the 10 km Marathon. While in the sign ups I labelled it as 10 000 m. But it was never corrected. And it really is the same thing.

No, it isn't. The hosts use a special program to sort for the exact wording as it was in the OP, and if it wasn't, then it's your fault. Plus, quoting directly from the OP:

Please do not modify the event names in any way.

It is HARD to run the Olympics. Reading directions and making the hosts' job easier would be appreciated.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:47 pm

Ceni wrote:
West Phoenicia wrote:Both my men and women are missing from the 10 km Marathon. While in the sign ups I labelled it as 10 000 m. But it was never corrected. And it really is the same thing.

No, it isn't. The hosts use a special program to sort for the exact wording as it was in the OP, and if it wasn't, then it's your fault. Plus, quoting directly from the OP:

Please do not modify the event names in any way.

It is HARD to run the Olympics. Reading directions and making the hosts' job easier would be appreciated.

Aside from having a go at me about competence. I was simply observing something I thought was missed.

I copied and pasted the event list and added my delegates underneath. As I was referring to my previous delegation for the current one than it was my error that the event had changed name. But the event was still the same in general.

I will chalk it up to my bad luck for future reference.

Thank you Ceni,
Last edited by West Phoenicia on Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Really sorry, I have no idea what happened or how, but the separator between my marathon athletes and my long jumpers appears to have disappeared. Please could these be resimmed, as two of them are medal hopefuls?

Ismili Devoric ;vkl; 100
Runda Coak ;vkl; 14
Sari Brose ;vkl; 80
The Greater Vakolicci Haven: Unified, expanding, free

((please note: this nation is second-hand. Its current operator is not a fascist.))

Kelssek
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:49 pm

3rd Ismili Devoric (VKL) 7.80 8.24 7.97 8.24 (q)
8th Runda Coak (VKL) X 8.13 7.94 8.13 (q)
16th Sari Brose (VKL) 7.99 7.86 8.04 8.04

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:13 am

Kelssek wrote:3rd Ismili Devoric (VKL) 7.80 8.24 7.97 8.24 (q)
8th Runda Coak (VKL) X 8.13 7.94 8.13 (q)
16th Sari Brose (VKL) 7.99 7.86 8.04 8.04

thanks a lot

((please note: this nation is second-hand. Its current operator is not a fascist.))

Kelssek
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:23 am

Sorry I forgot to respond. I should have caught this, but yeah, there was a reason I emphasized not altering the event names.

It needs to be Todd who edits in the result, but I think he had already gone offline at that point. I expect it will be done at the next opportunity.

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:14 am

Kelssek wrote:

Sorry I forgot to respond. I should have caught this, but yeah, there was a reason I emphasized not altering the event names.

It needs to be Todd who edits in the result, but I think he had already gone offline at that point. I expect it will be done at the next opportunity.

no need Kelssek. I have already rp it as an administrative error.

End of day was an edit mix up due to copy and paste of athletes from the Aeropag Summer Olympic Games sign up when the sport was listed as 10,000m marathon to the new format.
Half the words were most likely deleted on this current Olympic sign up , when i was back spacing to leave no spaces between sports and athletes. I had a similar issue when i did some other sports, this one just wasn't picked up.

Mistakes happen .

The day off seems to have vanished? Has that been adjusted. As its getting harder to rp now that i will be on different shifts for the next few weeks and various health issues.

Reason i ask is if one does not rp every day at least once. Does the day after no rp reduce your rp bonus to 0?
Last edited by West Phoenicia on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:04 am

btw, whatever's below mens poll vault, the title for that has done a vanishing trick on my signups, just a heads up

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:22 am

Blitzkeig wrote:btw, whatever's below mens poll vault, the title for that has done a vanishing trick on my signups, just a heads up

I'd say that if you think there is an error with your signups and you actually want something done about it, you might want to put more effort into it then "Hey, fyi, i might have an error in my signup, I don't know what event its for, but i wanted to let you know"

The hosts - in addition to signing up to basically host the biggest most time consuming tournament on NS Sports also have to allocate some time during the day for things like sleeping, eating and... life. Admittedly, they won't have much time left for those things thanks to the community sacrifice they've already taken on; but as these games are nearing their end with no break in sight, I don't think comments like this one will make things easier for them.

If you are letting them know for awareness when scoring the poll vault that you might have extra athletes that can be removed, then thats fine. You could still say as much. If you are asking them to figure out what sport your 'vanished' athletes should have been entered in, then enter them into that sport, then I'd tell you you are out of luck, particularly if you can't, on your own, figure out what sport you signed those athletes up for and present that information clearly here in the thread. I understand that there are other factors at play here, but you could either have provided more information of what you were after and/or jumped through the signup template or someone elses signup post to gather the required information to make such a request.
Last edited by Vilita on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:47 am

Vilita wrote:
Blitzkeig wrote:btw, whatever's below mens poll vault, the title for that has done a vanishing trick on my signups, just a heads up

I'd say that if you think there is an error with your signups and you actually want something done about it, you might want to put more effort into it then "Hey, fyi, i might have an error in my signup, I don't know what event its for, but i wanted to let you know"

The hosts - in addition to signing up to basically host the biggest most time consuming tournament on NS Sports also have to allocate some time during the day for things like sleeping, eating and... life. Admittedly, they won't have much time left for those things thanks to the community sacrifice they've already taken on; but as these games are nearing their end with no break in sight, I don't think comments like this one will make things easier for them.

If you are letting them know for awareness when scoring the poll vault that you might have extra athletes that can be removed, then thats fine. You could still say as much. If you are asking them to figure out what sport your 'vanished' athletes should have been entered in, then enter them into that sport, then I'd tell you you are out of luck, particularly if you can't, on your own, figure out what sport you signed those athletes up for and present that information clearly here in the thread. I understand that there are other factors at play here, but you could either have provided more information of what you were after and/or jumped through the signup template or someone elses signup post to gather the required information to make such a request.

Having checked, they appear to be the mens high jump.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Kelssek, shouldn't today be an off-day for scorination? Today's July 21 and Day 13 isn't until July 22.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Postby West Phoenicia » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:40 pm

The biggest thank you and respect to give them are more and more fabulous roleplays so the hosts can see all their hard work they are putting in is worth the sacrifice they are making.

Kelssek
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Couple of errors from yesterday I caught in the process of scorinating today: there was a missing matchup in the women's table tennis singles, which I fixed in the original post. And the same athlete had been mistakenly put into two different heats in the 2nd round of the cycling men's sprint, which in turn messed up the advancements and the repechage, so I resimmed that whole round in this scorination.

Also: there will be no scorination Monday. Todd will be doing today's scores in the daytime tomorrow as he can't scorinate tonight. As some have noticed, or not, a few events and dates were shuffled around in the scheduling largely because I missed a day last weekend.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:10 pm

@Todd, I had no idea they were missing. Since I thought my signups entered correctly, I trusted they would be entered without incident. Please do not imply I ignored their lapse. It makes me wonder what else did not make it. I also thought I saw some swimmers, which is weird. Now I guess I must double check every event. I only realized because Carden was return medal winner.

Kelssek
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:56 am

All Todd is saying is that had you noticed this at the beginning, as Sargossa did, it would have been simplicity itself for me to rectify the problem. When you only notice and bring it up at the end, when the results are already in and people have already RPed, it's impossible to help you as much as we'd like to.
Last edited by Kelssek on Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:03 am

Before the start of the next day, we did scorinate your two female swimmers in the marathon:

Men's:
Symon Church (KWP)      1:52:04.6

This fellow tied for 5th

Bobby Priraid (KWP)     1:52:15.5

And this one took 22nd

Women's:
Gabi Leftwing (KWP)     2:01:32.3

This individual placed 37th

Mona Hobson (KWP)       1:59:43.1

While this took 14th.
Last edited by Todd McCloud on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:07 am

Listen. I had faith, trust and had no idea my athletes came up.. The full schedule wasn't even posted. I don't know what events passed. I didn't even know that all events ended. Recheck that post and know that I was asking about what I thought were upcoming events. Right there I tried to be proactive and have you check upcoming events (that had actually passed).

Here is why. I am not in every event, just those few swimmers. So, when I see an event with no Vangazi, I say Oh... We must not have been in this one. Trust. I asked one time if maybe my 70s and 80s could also be checked. I never demanded or even re-asked. I sent a TG because the result wasn't added and saw I missed a post, which seemed almost snippy at me.

What happened was an error, not on my part, and that is the end of it. That's okay. All I did was ask. But I will not accept that I am doing anything unreasonable. Comparing me to Saragossa is inaccurate because maybe they had more signups, or a major athlete was missed in an earlier race. I've missed other athletes in other events and only noticed major ones. I am worried, to be honest. But it's an RP. No biggie.

Everything is okay. But let's get to the bottom of this, because I have no idea what I missed and other stuff may not have been added as well for others.

Worst of all, my signup was one of the earliest. So lets just move on and try to avoid future missed signups. I recommend everybody check every event. And I say that with zero malice, aggression or anything other than a desire for peace of mind.

Thanks to everybody for their time and honesty. And if you want me to be proactive? I would honestly like for someone to double check my entire entry roster and see if anything else is missing. That way I will not have to wait to the last minute or have my tightly controlled MMAB entries lose the few chances at any success.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:49 am

Vangaziland wrote:Thanks to everybody for their time and honesty. And if you want me to be proactive? I would honestly like for someone to double check my entire entry roster and see if anything else is missing. That way I will not have to wait to the last minute or have my tightly controlled MMAB entries lose the few chances at any success.

We're not your slaves.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Kelssek
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:59 am

I am sorry to have lost your trust. I have already taken responsibility for this error and acknowledged my mistake.

I would be happy to resim the missing entries in a way that will cause minimal disruption for the other participants, after the Olympics are done. Neither me nor Todd have the time to do that now.

Kelssek
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:15 am

West Phoenicia wrote:Reason i ask is if one does not rp every day at least once. Does the day after no rp reduce your rp bonus to 0?

No, the RP bonus is a cumulative component + daily component, so if you don't RP on a given day you'd still have a higher bonus than those who have not RPed at all.

EDIT:
Resim alert in the badminton mixed doubles: when drawing the groups I forgot to take account of the rule that pairs from the same NOC cannot be in the same group. As it happens Emberwood Coast and Eastfield Lodge both had this happen, so I switched one of their pairs each, and resimmed those two MD 1 matches accordingly (this doesn't affect any of the other groups)
Last edited by Kelssek on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports