NATION

PASSWORD

Formula E Championship: Interest and Planning Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Vangaziland
Senator
 
Posts: 3918
Founded: May 20, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Mon May 22, 2017 11:14 pm

The only thing is that this is not the WGPC. I am not sure if Hodori also has that #1 rule. That's another one of those things where I have to stand up for this event's individuality. Because status quo tries to tell everyone to do things like NS always does. But it doesn't have to and I just want to make it known to the host. I also am not tied to number 1 if nobody gets it. But again, this is this host's league. He does not have to follow the WGPC.

I also left the WGPC because someone controlled my characters without RP permission. I also traded that driver for the IC reason that the reliability was too low and I felt keeping that driver would bring losses to my team. And people chose to focus on my fiery nature as opposed to what was right. Meanwhile I was angry because he failed to change the post after I denied him Permission.

And that is okay. The host and I worked it out and he has asked you to stop bringing it up.

I want you all to know, I hold no grudges. If you all want to, feel free. But I will continue to stand up for what I believe in. And Lisander, I talked about numbers because he accused me of wanting to do what he did. I also see you criticizing St. Kanye's use of the word ugly when you called my car ugly for no good reason. You also called me names. And I have never sunk to that level on here. I told you I moved on, but you wanted to mention the insults one more time.

None of that matters with this issue because we both AGREE that the number issue doesn't make sense.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Mon May 22, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Saint Kanye
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1207
Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saint Kanye » Tue May 23, 2017 12:03 am

Just wanna say, if we do get the #1 rule, we should also be able to NOT use the number if we don't want it. Which is what I'll do IF one of my drivers gets the title.
Glorious Free Republic Motorsports (NSSCRA)

3 Sage Caldwell | 18 Jeremiah Brooke | 46 Thea Alvarez | 19 TBA

4x IBC (Basketball) Champion | 1x IBC Bronze Medalist | 1x NSCAA (College Basketball) Champion | 1x IC7 (7ball) Champion | 1x Arena Bowl Champion | 1x NSSCRA (Stock Car Racing) Champion

User avatar
Lisander
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1485
Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Tue May 23, 2017 12:10 am

Ugly is an aesthetic concept, like pretty, or horrible, or lovely. It's applied to stuff that we can see and judge by its appearance, based on OUR PERSONAL TASTE.

My criticism here was about judging a number as ugly. How can a number be ugly? What's the point behind saying 22 cars in the track are uglier than 24 or 30 or 32 cars? If we consider Formula categories outside the United States usually do not allow more than 24 cars on track, probably for safety reasons, having 32 cars in any circuit that is not a good idea.

I'm not judging a word or an aesthetic concept here, but an idea of stuffing a circuit with 32 cars. Ok, scorinator can allow this, and even more, but imagine how boring it will be to drivers finishing 24th, 27th, 29th. I'd not even drop a RP line If my team had these ridiculous positions. It would be frustrating.

When not in ovals (and we don't have ovals in eGP, as far as I know, even American series have policies on limiting the number of drivers. Look at some Indycar recent not oval events:

Long Beach had 21 drivers, St. Petersburg had 21 drivers and Indy Grand Prix had 22 drivers.

Saint Kanye wrote:Just wanna say, if we do get the #1 rule, we should also be able to NOT use the number if we don't want it. Which is what I'll do IF one of my drivers gets the title.


Yup, this should be perfectly acceptable too.
Last edited by Lisander on Tue May 23, 2017 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

_⁕_|

A big thanks to Omerica. Because of it, I can have this cool flag in my signature.

User avatar
Saint Kanye
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1207
Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saint Kanye » Tue May 23, 2017 12:21 am

I think it's not a good number because it's hard to divide it evenly. But now I'm thinking twice because of the history of it.

By the way, did you get my application TG?
Glorious Free Republic Motorsports (NSSCRA)

3 Sage Caldwell | 18 Jeremiah Brooke | 46 Thea Alvarez | 19 TBA

4x IBC (Basketball) Champion | 1x IBC Bronze Medalist | 1x NSCAA (College Basketball) Champion | 1x IC7 (7ball) Champion | 1x Arena Bowl Champion | 1x NSSCRA (Stock Car Racing) Champion

User avatar
Vangaziland
Senator
 
Posts: 3918
Founded: May 20, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Tue May 23, 2017 12:33 am

I disagree with your aesthetics. They were also presented in an insulting and disgusting manner. Your opinion was not solicited and you did not offer up some advice or want to help. You said it just to try to get a reaction. You have no right to throw your personal judgement on what I did. I also notice your use of all caps, for the record.

So I went to the mods, because you crossed the line. And it did look bad. Especially because you did it after I tried to move on twice. The mod didn't like how I tried to move on the second time so they warned me. It should be noted that I didn't sink into calling you names, but made sure the issue stopped.

But that has been settled. So lets let that go. You agreed with my points but somehow got back into this. Consider this a warning. I will go to the mods again.

St. Kanye was saying ugly not as an insult, but because he felt the numbers wouldn't work. I think the number is fine but he is free to state that opinion.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Tue May 23, 2017 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
USS Monitor
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 29185
Founded: Jul 01, 2015
19th Century Iron Steamship

Postby USS Monitor » Tue May 23, 2017 1:15 am

Vangaziland wrote:But that has been settled. So lets let that go. You agreed with my points but somehow got back into this. Consider this a warning. I will go to the mods again.


Knock it off with the mods as weapons. You're threatening to report people, but I can't figure out what you'd be reporting. I looked over the last page or two, and I see that there was some argument about numbers, but I don't see anything that would warrant bringing mods in.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
NationStates issues editors may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

User avatar
Lisander
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1485
Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Tue May 23, 2017 2:37 am

Fellow players, a reminder:

This is a public forum for Nationstates nations, and in the case of NS Sports, to teams and athletes. This thread, especifically, was created to discuss ideas and proposals to a racing season.

We are subject to public opinion everywhere and also in this forum, like the other nations' and players' opinions and judgements. People judge, people give its opinions. This is what people do. Because it's a discussion thread. This is why they call it a Forum, like the Roman Forums of Antiquity.

Everyone should remember that because, in the end, this is a game. Where the person behind Lisander and each person behind each nation logs to have fun and share its points of view with the world. And have to deal with aspects of what is and what is not appropriate to one's likes or dislikes is not my definition of fun.

Good game to each and everyone of you. e.BH will see you in the racing season.
Last edited by Lisander on Tue May 23, 2017 2:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

_⁕_|

A big thanks to Omerica. Because of it, I can have this cool flag in my signature.

User avatar
Vangaziland
Senator
 
Posts: 3918
Founded: May 20, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Tue May 23, 2017 4:06 am

And with all that, I will point to the notion Lisander stated that if both teams are accepted, the first who asked keeps the number, the second who asked changes the number. I don't know how he got into all that extra stuff.

I am assuming both teams will get accepted. So as much as he wants to debate and bring up unrelated things, he is in agreement. He doesn't want to be, but he is. And that's my point.

Also, opinions are one thing. Insinuating and making outright insults is another. Monitor must not have seen the part when he called me two names and said "see your ugly car on the Tarmac." I am trying to prevent that from happening again. So yes, there has been nothing wrong since then. We have been debating a question. I still will not stand being called names, even if people agree or disagree. So yes, it has been stopped because I went to the mods as soon as he crossed the line last. No, it hasn't gotten to that point yet, so I haven't gone to the mods. But I am letting Lisander know because he started hinting and implying things and acting like he is ready to say something once again.

So yes, it's fine for now, Monitor. But if he disrespects me in the way he was warned for I will mention it, because I am not trying to retaliate. But now he knows you are watching. So THANK YOU, USS Monitor.

And yes, you may give your opinion, Lisander. But you cannot hurl insults. The whole disagreement with you and I is because you have come here and tried to push your ideas from the start. You said you wanted this to be like the WGPC and I have stood up for this season's individuality from the start. You dislike that, fine. But let's not make it seem like I'm just being unreasonable.

This form of speech is acceptable, you calling names is not. So let's keep it like this. I am not using mods as weapons but telling you I am not going to go back and forth. You agree with me over the number issue and I have no clue why you got into the past.

User avatar
Audioslavia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 2839
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Audioslavia » Tue May 23, 2017 4:15 am

I think it's time everyone took a big step backwards from this complete non-issue. There are plenty of options and its Megelan's choice (or the choice of whomever hosts the event) what the rules are on numbers.

User avatar
Saint Kanye
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1207
Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saint Kanye » Tue May 23, 2017 5:21 am

I also vote that the second driver has to change.

HOWEVER, in Megelan's TG to me, he said he likes the idea of having to race for it.

That's three in favor of "first come, first serve" (me, Van, Lisander) and two for "race you for it" (Megelan, V&T).

But if it's decided by the founder and not the majority, so be it.
Glorious Free Republic Motorsports (NSSCRA)

3 Sage Caldwell | 18 Jeremiah Brooke | 46 Thea Alvarez | 19 TBA

4x IBC (Basketball) Champion | 1x IBC Bronze Medalist | 1x NSCAA (College Basketball) Champion | 1x IC7 (7ball) Champion | 1x Arena Bowl Champion | 1x NSSCRA (Stock Car Racing) Champion

User avatar
Togonistan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 475
Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Tue May 23, 2017 8:17 am

Aight... I got few things to say.

When i chose number 12 for my driver, it was free and unclaimed. Then, later, V&T signed up a driver with same number. Not sure why, but it happened.

V&T, i do not blame you in anything or think bad about you because of that (it's not really that big of a deal tbh). However, I did sign it first and imho, the only reasonable way to resolve this situation is that the one who claimed it first gets the number (in this case, me). Idea of having two drivers race over a number really makes no sense.

But, V&T, if you have some actual specific reason why you want #12, I am willing to negotiate through TG. And I hope we can solve this little ''issue'' like grown-up adults.

Now, can we all calm down please? Thank you :)

User avatar
Hiklarmangia
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hiklarmangia » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:10 am

Is this dead?
This is a puppet for Darkmania.

This is mostly only used for joke RP with"of the best English that is of perfect". If I accidentally use this instead of my main, then blame Canada.

In-Character, Forum-Only Name is TIDS Hiklarmangia. (The Indipendenent Darkmanian State)

User avatar
Megelan
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Oct 07, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Megelan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:04 am

Hiklarmangia wrote:Is this dead?


No, I'm waiting for someone to make a car livery for me, then I'll post my own team and tracks. In a week we might be able to start.

User avatar
EEC
Secretary
 
Posts: 39
Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby EEC » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:50 pm

Anymore open team spots? Because, I would also appreciate help with my livery
EEC Conglomerate - A name you can trust! - Est. 1993

EEC BULLETIN: (INTERNATIONAL) EUCS has accepted EEC's membership application, foreign affairs and business analysts are in confusion by the move taken by both parties // (MANUFACTURING) EEC Automotive-Works to be rebranded and restructured as EEC Electro-Automotive after halting production on all combustion-engine vehicles, restructuring involves EEC's first foray into motorsports with the creation of 'EEC Electro-Automotive-Racing' department // (AGRICULTURE) June 28th is to be declared 'Brie Appreciation Day' to increase popularity of the cheese, after recent survey revealed 3 out of 5 employees prefer hard cheese to brie.

User avatar
Saint Kanye
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1207
Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saint Kanye » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:03 pm

EEC wrote:Because, I would also appreciate help with my livery


TG me if you want
Glorious Free Republic Motorsports (NSSCRA)

3 Sage Caldwell | 18 Jeremiah Brooke | 46 Thea Alvarez | 19 TBA

4x IBC (Basketball) Champion | 1x IBC Bronze Medalist | 1x NSCAA (College Basketball) Champion | 1x IC7 (7ball) Champion | 1x Arena Bowl Champion | 1x NSSCRA (Stock Car Racing) Champion

User avatar
Vilita and Turori
Diplomat
 
Posts: 860
Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Vilita and Turori » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:05 pm

Megelan wrote:
Hiklarmangia wrote:Is this dead?


No, I'm waiting for someone to make a car livery for me, then I'll post my own team and tracks. In a week we might be able to start.


Image

User avatar
Megelan
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Oct 07, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Megelan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:12 am

Vilita and Turori wrote:
Megelan wrote:
No, I'm waiting for someone to make a car livery for me, then I'll post my own team and tracks. In a week we might be able to start.


Image


I meant, Saint Kanye was working on my livery already, but thanks anyway. :p

User avatar
Vilita and Turori
Diplomat
 
Posts: 860
Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Vilita and Turori » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:03 am

Megelan wrote:
Vilita and Turori wrote:
Image


I meant, Saint Kanye was working on my livery already, but thanks anyway. :p


Well he shouldn't be taking on new requests if he's still working on yours and its holding up the entire competition :)

User avatar
Saint Kanye
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1207
Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:26 am

Calm down. It is done.
Glorious Free Republic Motorsports (NSSCRA)

3 Sage Caldwell | 18 Jeremiah Brooke | 46 Thea Alvarez | 19 TBA

4x IBC (Basketball) Champion | 1x IBC Bronze Medalist | 1x NSCAA (College Basketball) Champion | 1x IC7 (7ball) Champion | 1x Arena Bowl Champion | 1x NSSCRA (Stock Car Racing) Champion

User avatar
Megelan
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Oct 07, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Megelan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:11 am

I've been having serious overheating issues with my laptop so, that's why I haven't been here in the last few days. Hopefully I'll be able to get a replacement soon.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Acastanha, Astograth, Graintfjall, Hapilopper, Kohnhead, Sylestone, Yue Zhou

Advertisement

Remove ads