NATION

PASSWORD

Formula E Championship: Interest and Planning Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Megelan
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Oct 07, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Megelan » Thu May 18, 2017 2:36 am

Mount Pleasant wrote:Actually, another question while I'm at it. Heck, I think it's more of a point to be brought up…

Under xkoranate, when using the Acc/Cor/Rel option, one can also set how much the track is dependent on cornering and acceleration as well. Like tight and twisty circuits could have a high cornering value but low acceleration and vice versa for full on AVUS. Why isn't there an option for such when submitting a track?

And also, a real question, what does 'Variance' do under track submission?


From what I've seen, it influences the difference between the best and the worst race time.

User avatar
Secundus Imperium Romanum
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1032
Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Secundus Imperium Romanum » Thu May 18, 2017 3:22 pm

We could allow some real teams to participate, like Ferrari
Secundus Imperium Romanum
A democratic nation, with the 1950s fashion.
Constitution · Parliamentary Debates · News · Embassy Program
Every day in Rome

User avatar
Tropicorp
Envoy
 
Posts: 207
Founded: Jul 18, 2013
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tropicorp » Thu May 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Secundus Imperium Romanum wrote:We could allow some real teams to participate, like Ferrari


Or, we could not :)


Theres no requirement to be creative, but you don't have to go out of your way to *not* be either :P
- Tropicorp -

User avatar
Saint Kanye
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1207
Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saint Kanye » Thu May 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Secundus, may I suggest Grotti? It's a car brand in the GTA games based on your beloved Ferrari.
Glorious Free Republic Motorsports (NSSCRA)

3 Sage Caldwell | 18 Jeremiah Brooke | 46 Thea Alvarez | 19 TBA

4x IBC (Basketball) Champion | 1x IBC Bronze Medalist | 1x NSCAA (College Basketball) Champion | 1x IC7 (7ball) Champion | 1x Arena Bowl Champion | 1x NSSCRA (Stock Car Racing) Champion

User avatar
Vangaziland
Senator
 
Posts: 3918
Founded: May 20, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Thu May 18, 2017 7:35 pm

Rome, its been said before. There is one car manufacturer because we are using the same car. All of us, because this is based on a certain e racing league. So there is no Dodge, Ferrari or cars from anywhere else other than the host nation. A lot of RPers will also frown on "real anything". Imagine if in the basketball leagues, someone chose the Pacers or had Kevin Garnett on a team. Same amywhere, except in military RP, because there it's just solid to have equipment people know. It's not personal, but one of the host's requests.

So all cars are from one place.

Anyway, I've been messing with something fun. Take a look at Jessica Franssen, created by me in about 75 minutes or so... Got to love 3D animation software. Just how I hoped, she looks regular and down to earth, but also strong and with some charm. I'll probably make her co-driver too, but Jess is the character with more of a rep. I should incorporate character creation into a thread. Celebrity creation, anyone? Just for nations I have an established relationship with though... And no, it's not perfect nor meant/claimed to be..

Image

Image

User avatar
Secundus Imperium Romanum
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1032
Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Secundus Imperium Romanum » Fri May 19, 2017 3:56 am

Saint Kanye wrote:Secundus, may I suggest Grotti? It's a car brand in the GTA games based on your beloved Ferrari.

hmmm...
Fergrotti is that a good name?
Secundus Imperium Romanum
A democratic nation, with the 1950s fashion.
Constitution · Parliamentary Debates · News · Embassy Program
Every day in Rome

User avatar
Secundus Imperium Romanum
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1032
Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Secundus Imperium Romanum » Fri May 19, 2017 3:58 am

Vangaziland wrote:Rome, its been said before. There is one car manufacturer because we are using the same car. All of us, because this is based on a certain e racing league. So there is no Dodge, Ferrari or cars from anywhere else other than the host nation. A lot of RPers will also frown on "real anything". Imagine if in the basketball leagues, someone chose the Pacers or had Kevin Garnett on a team. Same amywhere, except in military RP, because there it's just solid to have equipment people know. It's not personal, but one of the host's requests.

So all cars are from one place.

Anyway, I've been messing with something fun. Take a look at Jessica Franssen, created by me in about 75 minutes or so... Got to love 3D animation software. Just how I hoped, she looks regular and down to earth, but also strong and with some charm. I'll probably make her co-driver too, but Jess is the character with more of a rep. I should incorporate character creation into a thread. Celebrity creation, anyone? Just for nations I have an established relationship with though... And no, it's not perfect nor meant/claimed to be..

(Image)
Wow, you handle well, though it reminded me of an inflatable doll :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Image)
Secundus Imperium Romanum
A democratic nation, with the 1950s fashion.
Constitution · Parliamentary Debates · News · Embassy Program
Every day in Rome

User avatar
Saint Kanye
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1207
Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saint Kanye » Fri May 19, 2017 4:52 am

Secundus Imperium Romanum wrote:
Saint Kanye wrote:Secundus, may I suggest Grotti? It's a car brand in the GTA games based on your beloved Ferrari.

hmmm...
Fergrotti is that a good name?

Yes it is, since it's original.
Glorious Free Republic Motorsports (NSSCRA)

3 Sage Caldwell | 18 Jeremiah Brooke | 46 Thea Alvarez | 19 TBA

4x IBC (Basketball) Champion | 1x IBC Bronze Medalist | 1x NSCAA (College Basketball) Champion | 1x IC7 (7ball) Champion | 1x Arena Bowl Champion | 1x NSSCRA (Stock Car Racing) Champion

User avatar
Vangaziland
Senator
 
Posts: 3918
Founded: May 20, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Fri May 19, 2017 1:26 pm

You can call your team Fergrotti. But the car will not be built by them. It will be built by the host nation. Just making sure you remember the rules and don't try to make your own car "for more fun." If you want to build a car, you can in Hodori and the WGP2.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Fri May 19, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Saint Kanye
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1207
Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun May 21, 2017 2:39 am

Saint Kanye wrote:Questions:

I believe we're now just waiting for the teams with open slots, more tracks, and if we'll allow an oval? There are ten teams now.

How many races are there in the season?

In racing, it's hard to RP with just your two guys. Will we be allowed to mention the other racers, for example if our racers pass them or crash with them, if we RP first? Are there RP permissions like in the other sports?

No one saw my questions, I think?

By the way, with 11 teams now, maybe it's time to expand the field? Just so we're not limited by real life field size.
Glorious Free Republic Motorsports (NSSCRA)

3 Sage Caldwell | 18 Jeremiah Brooke | 46 Thea Alvarez | 19 TBA

4x IBC (Basketball) Champion | 1x IBC Bronze Medalist | 1x NSCAA (College Basketball) Champion | 1x IC7 (7ball) Champion | 1x Arena Bowl Champion | 1x NSSCRA (Stock Car Racing) Champion

User avatar
Vilita and Turori
Diplomat
 
Posts: 860
Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sun May 21, 2017 5:20 am

Saint Kanye wrote:
Saint Kanye wrote:By the way, with 11 teams now, maybe it's time to expand the field?


Or time to get started :)

User avatar
Saint Kanye
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1207
Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun May 21, 2017 6:01 am

No, some teams still have vacant spots, there's still the issue of two #12 cars, and 11/22 is an ugly number for teams/cars. 12/24, 15/30 or 16/32 would be better.

And teams without paintjobs, feel free to TG me for details.
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Sun May 21, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glorious Free Republic Motorsports (NSSCRA)

3 Sage Caldwell | 18 Jeremiah Brooke | 46 Thea Alvarez | 19 TBA

4x IBC (Basketball) Champion | 1x IBC Bronze Medalist | 1x NSCAA (College Basketball) Champion | 1x IC7 (7ball) Champion | 1x Arena Bowl Champion | 1x NSSCRA (Stock Car Racing) Champion

User avatar
Tropicorp
Envoy
 
Posts: 207
Founded: Jul 18, 2013
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tropicorp » Sun May 21, 2017 6:25 am

Saint Kanye wrote:No, some teams still have vacant spots, there's still the issue of two #12 cars, and 11/22 is an ugly number for teams/cars. 12/24, 15/30 or 16/32 would be better.


That will all work itself out once we get started
- Tropicorp -

User avatar
Vangaziland
Senator
 
Posts: 3918
Founded: May 20, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sun May 21, 2017 7:13 pm

As far as the number 12, first come first serve. The second driver should change the number. I don't know which 2 have it, but I don't think we need to reinvent the wheel or roll dice. The number was taken, pick a different number. If someone has some extreme reason why they want 12, TG the other. But honestly, just pick a new one. Am I wrong?

If not, people might pick numbers that've already been chosen and fight for them. It's unnecessary.

User avatar
Saint Kanye
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1207
Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun May 21, 2017 8:00 pm

The second one (who should change) is V&T's driver in The Iron Syndicate's team.
Glorious Free Republic Motorsports (NSSCRA)

3 Sage Caldwell | 18 Jeremiah Brooke | 46 Thea Alvarez | 19 TBA

4x IBC (Basketball) Champion | 1x IBC Bronze Medalist | 1x NSCAA (College Basketball) Champion | 1x IC7 (7ball) Champion | 1x Arena Bowl Champion | 1x NSSCRA (Stock Car Racing) Champion

User avatar
Vilita and Turori
Diplomat
 
Posts: 860
Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Vilita and Turori » Mon May 22, 2017 3:42 am

Vangaziland wrote:As far as the number 12, first come first serve. The second driver should change the number. I don't know which 2 have it, but I don't think we need to reinvent the wheel or roll dice. The number was taken, pick a different number. If someone has some extreme reason why they want 12, TG the other. But honestly, just pick a new one. Am I wrong?

If not, people might pick numbers that've already been chosen and fight for them. It's unnecessary.


No need to change numbers for any reason until Drivers and/or Teams have actually been accepted into the competition, however. At which point the host can determine on their own.

No one even knows what this process looks like at the moment as the proposed host appears to be silent/missing.
Last edited by Vilita and Turori on Mon May 22, 2017 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Megelan
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Oct 07, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Megelan » Mon May 22, 2017 3:54 am

Vilita and Turori wrote:
Vangaziland wrote:As far as the number 12, first come first serve. The second driver should change the number. I don't know which 2 have it, but I don't think we need to reinvent the wheel or roll dice. The number was taken, pick a different number. If someone has some extreme reason why they want 12, TG the other. But honestly, just pick a new one. Am I wrong?

If not, people might pick numbers that've already been chosen and fight for them. It's unnecessary.


No need to change numbers for any reason until Drivers and/or Teams have actually been accepted into the competition, however. At which point the host can determine on their own.

No one even knows what this process looks like at the moment as the proposed host appears to be silent/missing.


I'm not missing, I've just been busy.

What about this proposal on the other thread?

Vilita and Turori wrote:
Saint Kanye wrote:What happens if two drivers with the same number get approved?


A duel? Whoever turns the fastest lap in the pre-season practice session wins the number, the other one has to change?


Anyway, since we've got 11 teams, should we close the sign-ups, or should we keep them going for a short while still?

User avatar
Vilita and Turori
Diplomat
 
Posts: 860
Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Vilita and Turori » Mon May 22, 2017 4:34 am

Up to you. Some teams still may need to be matched up with drivers, but that could happen once the RP thread is up if you are ready to get started.

User avatar
Saint Kanye
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1207
Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saint Kanye » Mon May 22, 2017 4:51 am

We could have an entry list to see who's already been given the nod to join. And personally, I want another team to join. 11 is ugly.

V&T: Why are you so eager on fighting for your number? (not mad, but curious)
Glorious Free Republic Motorsports (NSSCRA)

3 Sage Caldwell | 18 Jeremiah Brooke | 46 Thea Alvarez | 19 TBA

4x IBC (Basketball) Champion | 1x IBC Bronze Medalist | 1x NSCAA (College Basketball) Champion | 1x IC7 (7ball) Champion | 1x Arena Bowl Champion | 1x NSSCRA (Stock Car Racing) Champion

User avatar
Vilita and Turori
Diplomat
 
Posts: 860
Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Vilita and Turori » Mon May 22, 2017 5:27 am

Saint Kanye wrote:We could have an entry list to see who's already been given the nod to join. And personally, I want another team to join. 11 is ugly.

V&T: Why are you so eager on fighting for your number? (not mad, but curious)



I'm not particularly Eager either way - but duplicate numbers have come up in every single Racing Series that has happened. It doesn't really matter at all until the teams are decided - not all teams get accepted, not all drivers find a team.

Half the time it resolves itself without anyone needing to change a number - so I would counter with 'why are you so eager on resolving something that we don't even know is a problem yet?'

Its just a number. If the host accepts two teams with the same number, and decides that one of them has to change, they will decide the process for determining which one changes and the process for assigning the new number (Either simply asking the user for a backup number, or assigning one etc)
Last edited by Vilita and Turori on Mon May 22, 2017 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vangaziland
Senator
 
Posts: 3918
Founded: May 20, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Mon May 22, 2017 9:55 am

It's a waste of energy. There is the same number conflict in another series, true. This isn't the WGPC in that we don't have enough drivers to fill every spot. That's actually a relevant issue. We should be saying something like, oh maybe people should sign up a second driver for numbers purposes as opposed to making a mountain out of number molehill. That other league also doesn't have as many drivers floating around as the WGPC.

Maybe it won't come up if we decide any team that can't sign another driver folds. Both of those applicants have two drivers though. And I'm sure Iron Syndicate's will get signed. I forgot who the other nation was off the top of my head. They'll probably sign too.

So eventually that number situation WILL come up. I'm against a duel because it sets a bad precedent. For example, I have 1 and 25. I picked those numbers, just like everyone else picked theirs. If some yahoo shows up late, doesn't check the numbers and puts down 1 because it seems cool, we don't need a bad precedent in place where they can duel, pick or debate it. It IS an issue and one with a simple answer. Just pick a new number.

I'm assuming Iron Syndicate just hasn't noticed. Let's not set a precedent that will lead to more trouble than its worth. And my two drivers will be signed, just for the record. Again, in the WGPC some don't get signed. We don't have extra characters laying around here though. Please, let common sense just dictate this... Some things need votes, some things either just make sense or don't.

There is zero reason to defend the 'ignore it for now' strategy. Okay, ignore it now. But when those drivers get signed, then we'll be right back at this fork in the road. It needs to be addressed and sooner is better than later....

Also, as far as the signups, you can keep them going throughout the season while starting the IC. The WGPC and Hodori both do that. Especially with the negotiation phase build up.

That was also a stretch, insinuating that the host was missing. Clearly (s)he was busy and finding a way to reinvent the wheel over a number gaff digs into his or her time even more.

Edit: Oh, that's V&T's driver not IS? Dude, just change the number. Your driver is signed if he's already linked to Iron Syndicate. The other driver will get signed if I have to do it myself. Your opinion on it is clearly biased if you're the one trying to get 12. It's not just about you, but precedent. Host, please gnosh this.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Mon May 22, 2017 10:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Aboveland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1133
Founded: Dec 04, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aboveland » Mon May 22, 2017 1:26 pm

Vangaziland, please! You don't need to blow this out of proportion. It's not that big of a deal. A few telegrams here and there between the conflicting nations and voila.
AUTONOMOUS TERRITORIES OF THE ABOVIAN UNION: New Emberton, Nykipiflugpuu


Home to Terho Talvela, two-time WGPC World Champion and two-time runner up.

User avatar
Vilita and Turori
Diplomat
 
Posts: 860
Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Vilita and Turori » Mon May 22, 2017 2:14 pm

Aboveland wrote:Vangaziland, please! You don't need to blow this out of proportion. It's not that big of a deal. A few telegrams here and there between the conflicting nations and voila.


This exactly. Not a single one of the nations involved in this discussion (myself excluded...) has had anything to do with the conversation about the topic.

People are jumping in here trying to say what should or should not be done about a situation that hasn't even become an issue yet and doesn't directly pertain to them. The only one who's opinion is truly of merit is that of the host. When someone asks a question on how to resolve a conflict (even one that doesn't pertain to them), the participants should wait for the host to give their input - not respond with their personal preference on how they feel the situation should be resolved as if it is the factual and definitive answer. Neither of the nations that submitted a driver requesting the conflicting number has complained about this fact, nor has the host either made a statement requiring that either nation change their number, what their policy is on entrants with the same number or how they plan to resolve such situations - if they require resolution.

If some "yahoo'" happened to beat Vangaziland to the thread and picked that precious #25 that they've used in all their racing RP with their star driver, perhaps the recommendation on resolution would be different?

Thats the point. I'm sure if it ends up this issue needs resolving then it will get resolved amicably - and it will probably happen, like educated human beings can do once in a while, privately without discord.
Its easily resolved and not a big deal... but, until then, it certainly can be if everyone is intent on making it one... and if thats going to be the case then at least we can propose to make it fun :)

User avatar
Vangaziland
Senator
 
Posts: 3918
Founded: May 20, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Mon May 22, 2017 10:13 pm

No! Because I checked before I chose 25 and 1. Everyone will have your back because of my aggressive nature. Fine. But don't pretend my points are not valid. It sets a bad precedent. It is about more than you and 12. And people are jumping in for that reason. Just pick a new number... I also mentioned earlier that you should TG them about it(Terho). Even Lisander said the same thing and him and I do not see eye to eye.

The fact that you think I would claim 25 after its been chosen and would argue my right to override what someone else chose is a major insult.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Mon May 22, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Lisander
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1481
Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Mon May 22, 2017 10:45 pm

Saint Kanye wrote:[...] 11/22 is an ugly number for teams/cars. 12/24, 15/30 or 16/32 would be better.


Disagree. F1 had 11/22 for some years and it wasn't ugly. It was a great time with teams like Minardi, Jordan, Arrows and Sauber (Petronas era). Real Formula E currently have 10/20.

If you don't like a number of drivers, you should have a proper argument. Saying "it is ugly" is your opinion. Not the host opinion. Let the host decide.

Vilita and Turori wrote:No need to change numbers for any reason until Drivers and/or Teams have actually been accepted into the competition, however. At which point the host can determine on their own.


Change "Vilita and Turori" for "Lisander". This should be my comment.

If both teams are accepted, first who asked takes the number, second who asked changes. AND THAT'S ALL.

Vangaziland wrote:It's a waste of energy.


This should be applied to any discussion about numbers. Including the following post:

Vangaziland wrote:No! Because I checked before I chose 25 and 1. Everyone will have your back because of my aggressive nature. Fine. But don't pretend my points are not valid. It sets a bad precedent. It is about more than you and 12. And people are jumping in for that reason. Just pick a new number... I also mentioned earlier that you should TG them about it(Terho). Even Lisander said the same thing and him and I do not see eye to eye.

The fact that you think I would claim 25 after its been chosen and would argue my right to override what someone else chose is a major insult.


A TG would resolve that, but as you've said, you have an agressive nature, and this is the reason behind you left last WGPC and now is attracting problems here. But I won't answer you anymore, since by your industry I already have a Warning.

A thing I had in mind. What I think we should do about number 1:
Like any other serious series, give them to NO ONE. It should be used only by the e-GP current champion, but since this is season 1, number one should retain unassigned. Fair is fair. If Vangaziland starts a turmoil over this idea too, start this in Season 2. If season 2 somewhat happens.
Lisander is currently in Vacation Mode.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Graintfjall, Ko-oren, Siovanija and Teusland, South Newlandia, Squidroidia, TJUN-ia, Twicetagram and JYPe

Advertisement

Remove ads