NATION

PASSWORD

Formula E Championship: Interest and Planning Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Scaiva and Horshenwurst
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby New Scaiva and Horshenwurst » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Welp, figured my Qasden-counterpart needed a reboot in another prix.

NS&H will be announcing drivers, a team, and a track come this wknd.

Cheers!
Danes & Germans inhabit this realm.

Novapax, that's the stuff.

Megelan
Attaché

Founded: Oct 07, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Megelan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:48 pm

Lisander wrote:Thanks to Audio, I was able to find a better looking image of the 2019 Formula E Livery. Here you have a comparison of how the same car could be made in each chassis. Spark SRT-01 above and SRT-05 below.

(Image)

I think we can decide now.

Okay, who prefers the SRT-01 and who prefers the SRT-05?

Hiklarmangia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hiklarmangia » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:51 pm

(Puppet of Darkmania speaking)

SRT-01!

Also, I think we should agree with rules about puppet-nations, so we dont get flooded by one master and a sea of puppets.
This is a puppet for Darkmania.

This is mostly only used for joke RP with"of the best English that is of perfect". If I accidentally use this instead of my main, then blame Canada.

In-Character, Forum-Only Name is TIDS Hiklarmangia. (The Indipendenent Darkmanian State)

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Darkmania » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:53 pm

Hiklarmangia wrote:Also, I think we should agree with rules about puppet-nations, so we dont get flooded by one master and a sea of puppets.

Megelan, take notice!
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Megelan
Attaché

Postby Megelan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:55 pm

Hiklarmangia wrote:(Puppet of Darkmania speaking)

SRT-01!

Also, I think we should agree with rules about puppet-nations, so we dont get flooded by one master and a sea of puppets.

Yup. So...

• SRT-01
  • SRT-05

• Puppets allowed
  • Puppets not allowed
  • Only a certain number of puppets allowed

Hiklarmangia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hiklarmangia » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:10 am

Only a certain number of puppets allowed.
2, and clearly marked.
This is a puppet for Darkmania.

This is mostly only used for joke RP with"of the best English that is of perfect". If I accidentally use this instead of my main, then blame Canada.

In-Character, Forum-Only Name is TIDS Hiklarmangia. (The Indipendenent Darkmanian State)

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:47 am

Megelan wrote:Yup. So...

• SRT-01
  • SRT-05

I have my livery ready in any of both cars, so this time I'm okay with any choice.

Megelan wrote:
  • Puppets allowed
  • Puppets not allowed
  • Only a certain number of puppets allowed

I'd say one nation per user. IMO, puppets should be allowed only to fill space not used by masters.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Secundus Imperium Romanum
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Secundus Imperium Romanum » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:51 am

Is not it better for us to create the "2017 Rules" with a mix of all three? You're going to end this fight once and for all.
Secundus Imperium Romanum
A democratic nation, with the 1950s fashion.
Constitution · Parliamentary Debates · News · Embassy Program
Every day in Rome

Megelan
Attaché

Postby Megelan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:25 am

Secundus Imperium Romanum wrote:Is not it better for us to create the "2017 Rules" with a mix of all three? You're going to end this fight once and for all.

Why don't you submit your set of rules then, if it's good enough maybe someone will endorse it.

Since Lisander wanted to adopt a custom set of rules as well, they can submit their own, too.
Last edited by Megelan on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

West-East Timor
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West-East Timor » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:15 am

Just wanted to say I'd prefer the SRT-01 too. I think it looks better. Shure, the SRT-05 looks more futuristic, but yeah. In my opinion SRT-01 is better. But is only my vote.
Last edited by West-East Timor on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to do that, you can call us Omnidirectional Timor as well...

Megelan
Attaché

Postby Megelan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 am

West-East Timor wrote:Just wanted to say I'd prefer the SRT-01 too. I think it looks better. Shure, the SRT-05 looks more futuristic, but yeah. In my opinion SRT-01 is better. But is only my vote.

So, here's the updated votes:

Code: Select all
Rules:

2 2014 Rules (Darkmania, Mercedini)
3 Custom/Working Rules (Lisander, Mercedini, Secundus Imperium Romanum)

Fanboost:

3 No fanboost (Darkmania, Mercedini, Vangaziland)
1 Chosen by the nation hosting the ePrix (Darkmania)
1 RP Bonus (Lisander)

Name:

3 Formula η (Darkmania, Mercedini, Vangaziland)
1 Electric Racing League (Lisander)
1 e-League (Lisander)
1 e-GP (Lisander)

Cars/Drivers

2 Only driver stats (Darkmania, Lisander)
1 RP'd depending on performance (Mercedini)

Car model

4 SRT-01 (Darkmania, Lisander, Mercedini, West-East Timor)
1 SRT-05 (Lisander)

Since the SRT-01 model is clearly winning for now, can someone post a blank SRT-01 on here, so that the people who wish to submit a team to the championship can start working on their liveries? Also, when do we close voting on the current issues?
Last edited by Megelan on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercedini
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:16 pm

Megelan wrote:So, here's the updated votes...

I'd just like to re-iterate my points, given I've changed my opinion on a couple of things.

I would definitely be in favour of opting for 2014 rules as the default, and then working and modifying those rules based on community preferences. So, basically a happy medium between the two. Count me in for both, but I'd be happy to go for whatever the community wants.

For the name, I have come to the conclusion that Formula η would be the best start for the competition, however I would colloquially call it Fη in the same fashion that many people call Formula 1, F1. You can remove my votes for my previous suggestions and add my vote for Formula η as I believe that would be the most sensible route to go down.

For the 'Cars/Drivers, RPd depending on performance', my point was that the spec of the cars and the stats shouldn't effect the outcome of the races. By all means use and list them but when I say 'RPd based on performance', I mean that a certain engine type (for example) shouldn't guarantee good results for the person using them. The reputation of the car spec or the driver should be established and effected by the results, not the other way around.

I'll vote for SRT-01, not that it makes much difference if we're all using the same one. Perhaps people can make their own models considering constructors will be involved in it.
.................................................................................................................................
Novapax Founder • Host Portfolio • Trophy Cabinet
World CupBest: Group Stage ('77, '81, '82, '83)
Cup of HarmonyBest: Champion ('72)
U21 World CupBest: 3rd Place ('43)
U18 World CupBest: Champion ('4)
Independents CupBest: Champion ('5)
WC of HockeyBest: 2nd Place ('37)
WJHCBest: Champion ('13)
WorldVision
Best Placing: 1st (Lipa '72)Most Points: 108 pts (Lipa '72)

World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 1st ('34 & '36)Most Pts: 34 pts (Mousiki '31)
Junior World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 3rd ('3, '4 & '5)Most Pts: 26 pts (Tushlark '5)
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Megelan
Attaché

Postby Megelan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:34 pm

Mercedini wrote:I'd just like to re-iterate my points, given I've changed my opinion on a couple of things.

I would definitely be in favour of opting for 2014 rules as the default, and then working and modifying those rules based on community preferences. So, basically a happy medium between the two. Count me in for both, but I'd be happy to go for whatever the community wants.

For the name, I have come to the conclusion that Formula η would be the best start for the competition, however I would colloquially call it Fη in the same fashion that many people call Formula 1, F1. You can remove my votes for my previous suggestions and add my vote for Formula η as I believe that would be the most sensible route to go down.

For the 'Cars/Drivers, RPd depending on performance', my point was that the spec of the cars and the stats shouldn't effect the outcome of the races. By all means use and list them but when I say 'RPd based on performance', I mean that a certain engine type (for example) shouldn't guarantee good results for the person using them. The reputation of the car spec or the driver should be established and effected by the results, not the other way around.

I'll vote for SRT-01, not that it makes much difference if we're all using the same one. Perhaps people can make their own models considering constructors will be involved in it.

Got it, I modified my earlier post.
Last edited by Megelan on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Empire of Cats
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Cats » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:45 pm

Is it too late to express interest? I've always liked racing...

Aboveland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Aboveland » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:54 pm

Hmm, sounds interesting. I'm currently involved in WGPC and possibly WGP2, but I'll seriously consider this one! The name, to me at least, is a bit strange. Formula N? Doesn't say much at all. Like one of the earlier posts in this thread, any letter corresponding to a unit of energy would work better IMO.

Also, would we be locking this to street circuits only (please)?
AUTONOMOUS TERRITORIES OF THE ABOVIAN UNION: Nykipiflugpuu

Home to Terho Talvela, three-time WGPC World Champion, and one-time WSRC World Champion

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:00 pm

Aboveland wrote:Hmm, sounds interesting. I'm currently involved in WGPC and possibly WGP2, but I'll seriously consider this one! The name, to me at least, is a bit strange. Formula N? Doesn't say much at all. Like one of the earlier posts in this thread, any letter corresponding to a unit of energy would work better IMO.

This is my point since this name Formula N appeared. It shouldn't be in the list from the beginning. What's the point in having a name that means nothing?
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.

Aboveland
Ambassador

Postby Aboveland » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:51 pm

Lisander wrote:
Aboveland wrote:Hmm, sounds interesting. I'm currently involved in WGPC and possibly WGP2, but I'll seriously consider this one! The name, to me at least, is a bit strange. Formula N? Doesn't say much at all. Like one of the earlier posts in this thread, any letter corresponding to a unit of energy would work better IMO.

This is my point since this name Formula N appeared. It shouldn't be in the list from the beginning. What's the point in having a name that means nothing?

Shit, good point. Formula Nothing

Also, just noticed the votes, so here's my input:

I vote for custom rules, RP bonus, e-GP (or potentially any other Formula x, with x being an electrically significant letter), only driver stats, and SRT-01.

Home to Terho Talvela, three-time WGPC World Champion, and one-time WSRC World Champion

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:27 pm

I thought it was an h....

Edit: it is an h, called Eta. And it is electronically significant.

Telecommunications, η stands for efficiency

Electronics, η stands for the ideality factor of a bipolar transistor, and has a value close to 1.000. It appears in contexts where the transistor is used as a temperature sensing device, e.g. the thermal "diode" transistor that is embedded within a computer's microprocessor.

Power electronics, η stands for the efficiency of a power supply, defined as the output power divided by the input power.

Not to mention its relation to Thermodynamics and a Heat Engine. That's not electric. But heat IS energy.

I figured the host knew what he was talking about. Now, why should we limit everybody to making street courses again? I plan to make a street course, but everybody doesn't have to.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Vangaziland wrote:I thought it was an h....

Electronics, η stands for the ideality factor of a bipolar transistor, and has a value close to 1.000. It appears in contexts where the transistor is used as a temperature sensing device, e.g. the thermal "diode" transistor that is embedded within a computer's microprocessor.

Power electronics, η stands for the efficiency of a power supply, defined as the output power divided by the input power.

Not to mention its relation to Thermodynamics and a Heat Engine. That's not electric. But heat IS energy.

I figured the host knew what he was talking about. Now, why should we limit everybody to making street courses again? I plan to make a street course, but everybody doesn't have to.

Let's be practical. What sounds best: e-Grand Prix or Formula Eta? Try to say both words. the Greek H sounds like E in GREY. And ETA remembers me of this.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:24 pm

Fact is, it is relevant and its up for a vote. I just stated what I found on Wikipedia. To me, I like the Coptic letter. Every letter doesn't have to be in English. He chose that letter for a reason. Maybe English isn't his nation's native language.

Just stomping around and asking "what sounds better?" is nothing more than an opinion. Which you can vote for, but only because the creator is allowing a vote. I think it's rude to bash his idea like that. But that's just my opinion.

Also, there is already a Formula E. Why not be creative for once? Just one time... Let's divert from the NS status quo once. When a new idea is presented, tons of old time NSers show up and start trying to tell what someone has to do. Like the WGPC name? That would have done zero except steal his originality. But someone said NS racing almost HAS to have that. Tell that to Hodori.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Megelan
Attaché

Postby Megelan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:31 pm

Update:

Rules:

4 Custom/Working Rules (Aboveland, Lisander, Mercedini, Secundus Imperium Romanum)
2 2014 Rules (Darkmania, Mercedini)

Fanboost:

3 No fanboost (Darkmania, Mercedini, Vangaziland)
2 RP bonus (Aboveland, Lisander)
1 Chosen by the nation hosting the ePrix (Darkmania)

Name:

3 Formula η (Darkmania, Mercedini, Vangaziland)
2 e-GP (Aboveland, Lisander)
1 Electric Racing League (Lisander)
1 e-League (Lisander)

Cars/Drivers

3 Only driver stats (Aboveland, Darkmania, Lisander)
1 RP'd depending on performance (Mercedini)

Car model

5 SRT-01 (Aboveland, Darkmania, Lisander, Mercedini, West-East Timor)
1 SRT-05 (Lisander)

Since the Custom/Working rules option is winning for now, you can submit your own set of rules; the more you cover in it the better. Here's an example:

Use of xkoranate

Number of laps/Lap record/Variance: whatever the creator of a particular track wishes; however, they have to make sure that the final race time of the fastest driver on the track won't exceed 60 minutes - the reason behind this is, this way the average length of an actual Formula E race will be properly simulated.

Acceleration/Cornering/Reliability: the minimum value is the standard 0, the maximum value is the standard 1. The sum of the three values, different for each driver, can't exceed 1; this way, we won't have hopeless failures nor unbeatable juggernauts.

Qualifiers: the drivers complete 10 laps around the track; the one among them that will obtain the pole position is awarded three points, valid for both the constructors' and the drivers' championship, as in the actual Formula E. The sorting of the drivers in separate groups of equal size during the qualifiers has on the other hand been done away with, since it'd be a pain to simulate in xkoranate, at least for racing.

Race: nothing out of the ordinary to say about it.

Dice rolls

Fanboost: after the qualifiers, a dice roll will determine who will get the fanboost, simulated by granting an extra 0,1 to the acceleration value of the driver during the race. I have simulated this in xkoranate, and it shouldn't be a guarantee of victory.

Fastest lap: after the race, a dice roll will determine who obtained the fastest lap during the race itself.

Points and XP

Points: 1st gets 25 points; 2nd gets 18 points; 3rd gets 15 points; 4th gets 12 points; 5th gets 10 points; 6th gets 8 points; 7th gets 6 points; 8th gets 4 points; 9th gets 2 points; 10th gets 1 point. Pole position after qualifiers gets 3 points, fastest lap during the race gets 2 points.

XP: the winner of each season gets three extra points to allocate to their acceleration/cornering/reliability values; the second and third ranked drivers get two extra points, while all other drivers who place in the top half of the final rankings get one extra point. However, drivers age one year per season, and their skills deteriorate: the normal value is minus two points per season, but drivers older than 30 are subtracted four points per season. This way, teams are encouraged to bring new drivers to the championship every once in a while, and to make them grow.

Cars and tracks

Cars: SRT-01 models for everyone; the NationStates name of the SRT-01 will be decided by whoever will provide the editable chassis.

Tracks: street circuits, as in the actual Formula E championship; however, the first and/or the last race in the championship can take place in actual race tracks.

RP suggestions

Pit stop: SRT-01 models are fast but, being electric, they can't run a whole race; because of this, a mandatory pit stop to change cars is mandatory for each driver.
Last edited by Megelan on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aboveland
Ambassador

Postby Aboveland » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:15 am

Vangaziland wrote:I thought it was an h....

The street circuits would give the series a unique feature, and it would align it more to real world Formula E and give it a characteristic unique to the series.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Okay, I'm sold on the street course idea. I'd go for that. Street courses are awesome. If it aligns with the real league the host may want to at least consider that. I'd back it as well with my little vote.

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Darkmania » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:53 pm

We pledge our vote for street tracks.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Megelan
Attaché

Postby Megelan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:55 pm

Vangaziland wrote:Okay, I'm sold on the street course idea. I'd go for that. Street courses are awesome. If it aligns with the real league the host may want to at least consider that. I'd back it as well with my little vote.

This website is meant to be a pedometer, but it can double as a street circuit creator rather well.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports