NATION

PASSWORD

Campionato Esportiva 19 - Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:26 am

Nobody had any fucking clue who Alex Conlan was ten years ago. In fact, barely anyone had a clue who she was now.
Hell - she wasn't even sure she was.
She was, by basically every metric, an Islander. She'd grown up there. Lived there since she was six. She'd always been aware, of course, that her
Malta Keohane, the Brenecian international, had played there at the time, so 'Keohane' quickly became her nickname in the youth ranks, too.
She hadn't seen the call-up coming.
Even the phone-call had been awkward, largely because English was Keohane's, like, sixth language. You needed to know a lot of smatterings in the Sunrise Islands. But she'd accepted - of course she had, what else could she do?
Well, she could've... drifted off. Like everyone else had, all her friends, everyone she'd grown up with, all gone.
Forever.
But it wasn't her time. That phone-call, she knew, was all that had kept her in this world.

The first thing she noticed about Brenecian players - er, she meant her teammates, of course - was that most of them were huge.
Keohane herself was not huge. Keohane stood a princely 5'3" and weighed somewhere in the 110s. Keohane was the sort of player who got described as 'the diminutive winger' in every single match report.
She knew everyone only in a vague sort of way, just as she knew the language in a vague sort of way, and she expected to be sort of... gently dipped into the fire. Not starting on the left wing in a match between Brenecia and Apox, a friendly a couple of weeks ahead of the Campionato Esportiva.

Brenecia vs. Apox... now there was a match she had heard of.

This was their tenth matchup, and each side had their share of bruises. But it was six years ago everyone was thinking back to - Apox's last match in the international spotlight. A Campionato Esportiva final, one that they'd triumphed 4-3 in extra time, and that triumph had turned to ashes in their mouths when their manager, Olim Benzari...
... oh, God, was this Benzari a son? Or a relative? It didn't bear thinking about.
It felt odd, standing here in navy blue. It wasn't the colour she'd dreamed of representing. But it was her only option. And she wasn't going to shame it with a half-hearted performance.
So she set to it. Her role wasn't what she was used to. Back home, they'd always encouraged, you know, having the ball stick to your feet, a few tricks here and there, but in her first training session Peter Uffington had two-footed her for trying a rabona. But Catherine Bardsley had stood up for her in public, and chided her in private.
"Listen... I know this isn't your natural country." Bardsley had eyes that darted disconcertingly. Perhaps it was a habit honed in Sameban captivity. "Not your natural culture. But showboating, it's... ah, it's not really our-"
"But it was the right thing to do!"
"The overlap was there on your left, with Locks. Back home, maybe you can think about beauty and glory, but here... this is Brenecia, love. We do what we can to win, because victory's what gives our shitty grey island in the middle of nowhere life. It's what gives it hope. We've been through a lot of losing in our time - and yes, some of it playing lovely football. A lot of it under me. But sooner or later - as a player, a manager and a nation - you've got to grow up, and go for the throat. That's what I want you to do for the match. Shoot when it's the best thing to do, but don't take it all on yourself."
Keohane licked her lips, as Balliol kicked off to Rankin, and then charged forward. Beck was her quarry today.

The match progressed... well, but it was unusual in a sense. Technically, Brenecia were the superior side on paper, but the concern was with closing ranks, making sure there was no way in hell that the lethal Apoxian strikers could steal a march. And that meant Keohane had to do her bit in defence, too. At one point, she'd lost Era Beck and she'd gone streaking halfway off down the pitch, but all of a sudden Gryphon was there sliding in and perfectly taking the ball into the stands. She berated Keohane - "Fucking foul him next time!"
"What, on purpose?!"
"... Yes?"
And walked off shaking her head.
There was a bit of edge, as well, growing into a scoreless half-time. The Brenecian ranks had slipped just a tiny amount and just in that time Imriel Townsend slipped a neat forward ball through the lines. Lucan Palmisano was one-on-one with Mathis Woodgate but somehow the goalkeeper swept in and clawed the ball away, a desperate covering Szukala hoofing the ball away into the stratosphere before Gandhi could cause further mischief with it. And Keohane's chances, well... it seemed like everywhere she ran, every opening she thought she'd found suddenly had a guy with a red chevron standing in the way. She'd played poorly, and she knew it.
Right up until the stroke of half-time.
She wasn't sure what switch flicked it, really. Running into trouble time and time again had lost its allure, and she hadn't seen the ball in what felt like forever. She managed to nutmeg Beck to roll a pass to the overlapping Lovelock, gestured herself as open, broke away from Raynerson and was ignored - well, she was on the edge of the box with her back to goal - as Lovelock whipped a cross in. Rankin almost got her head to it but was no match for Jekyll in the air, and the ball went skyward.
Squire Trevelyan, culturally Apoxian himself, saw where it was going, and hurled himself at it. There was almost a sickly crunch as he met Fowey in the air, and won - the ball flew into the sky again and, fatally, was allowed to bounce by Jekyll. Rankin twisted a foot around it and fired it on goal and Anaximander got down exceptionally well to beat it into the ground. The danger was over.
Right up until Keohane, following the play and the flow, suddenly found herself making the right run at the right time, and thumped the ball into the ceiling of the net.
Puppet of Nephara.

Optima Consortium
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Optima Consortium » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:03 am

Althea Reader had had a lot to think about.
This was obviously the deal of a lifetime. She was unemployable, and yet here she was, with a job, and the madwoman was claiming that she would live like... almost ten times as long as she should do. And she had clean suits, and a retinue of footmen.
The madwoman claimed a lot of things. And they'd had their clashes.
"The longer you keep our spotlight in the tournament, the more time we have to do our work," Truelock had told her simply.
"Yeah, uh, that's the thing. How the hell am I going to keep us going... you know, like, ever? I didn't even know you lo- well, us lot were in the fucking thing. The draw could've been tougher, but like. We're up against... actual nations."
"Mhm."
"With actual, like, cultures of playing football. And players. I don't mean to be, you know, ungrateful or whatever, but ah. Where's my squad?"
Truelock gave her bright, vulpine smile another workout. "We have security to spare. I figured you could take your pick of eleven."
Reader stopped, and stalled.
"Your expression indicates that you had other expectations."
"Well, it's- I'm- eleven random dudes you have lying around?!" Reader snapped. "Is that it?"
"And whyever not? What difference do you suppose it will make?"
"I'm a fucking manager, not a miracle-worker!"
Truelock tutted. "Language, dear."
"Oh, whatever! If I pick eleven guys at random, we'll get pumped 20-0 by like... every team. It'll be a slaughter! You're telling me you don't have some kind of... professional footballer mercenary army tucked away somewhere?"
"Why should it matter, Thea? Has any side in the history of football been 'pumped', as you charmingly put it, 20-0 by every team they've faced?"
"Yeah, of course!"
"Such as?"
Reader opened her mouth.
Reader closed her mouth.
Truelock snorted. "And yet you're the football expert here? My dear Thea, I've read my history. An egg has kept a clean sheet. Some stray beans qualified for a World Cup, and that might be one of the milder outfits the Holy Empire's put out in its long and storied history. A malevolent treant almost won a Baptism of Fire. Cartoon ponies were, for a time, a powerhouse of world football, as were a pack of unshaven orthodox monks. This very competition, for that matter, once saw a creditable debut performance from a Free Republican kindergarten class."
"I... I..."
"Squads are irrelevant. Only history matters. And you will build me a history, with whatever 'eleven guys at random' you happen to find."
Reader's brain rebooted.
"No."
"No, what?" Truelock looked faintly amused.
"I don't care what you say, I can't work like this. I can't... magic a fucking egg or whatever to victory."
"And yet, you'd be capable of it. If you resign yourself to, at worst, a straight set of 4-0 defeats, imagine the genius you'll be hailed as for achieving it with whatever eleven inanimate novelty items you fancy the most."
"No, no, no, that's not how it- that isn't how it works, okay?! That isn't how-"
Rifles clicked. Dimly, Reader became aware that she was shaking Truelock by the shoulders, and that they were surrounded by, in fact, roughly eleven guys.
Her employer cleared her throat.
Reader let go.
The riflemen filtered away.
They kept walking.
"Fine," said Truelock, at last. Her tone was airy, as if humouring a child. "If you insist, I will arrange something."
"Footballers. Actual footballers."
"Yes, yes, do not fret. I will find you your foreign mercenary army. In the meantime, what do you think of the aesthetic?"
Reader looked around. In honesty, it made her distinctly uneasy. The roads were shiny, polished, and new - so were a few of the buildings, such as the core she'd been inside - but others were ancient, dessicated wrecks. Something here made her think of Ozymandias, and shudder. And there was... a feeling in the air, a crackling, as if this were only some small safe haven from a maelstrom. And everything new was white. So clean amidst all this.
"It bloody confuses me," she admitted, at last. "Where the hell is this?"
Truelock chuckled. "I'm surprised you don't recognise it. We're walking through the ruins of the Andarican Sabrefell."

Ceyne Isles
Secretary

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceyne Isles » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:30 am

The Isle Girls

Episode Two: Taking Chances

“Are you sure you don't want me to beat her up?” asked Sophia Fortune, who was sitting next to Anna Saint Preux as she and Sophia’s twin, Esther, went over the events of yesterday. Anna had been released from Falston United after playing for their youth and reserve teams for the past five years, she now had no source of income and wasn't sure how she was going to keep living here, and to make things worse, her girlfriend of three years, to whom she was engaged, had chosen that day as the one to break up with her on. Jade Heller was another player for United, but unlike Anna, she was breaking into the first team despite both of them being twenty one, and she was one of the better midfield and winger prospects at the club. She also dated Anna for the past three years before deciding now that Anna’s criminal activities off of the pitch would end up getting her hurt, and that her unusual mental condition took up too much of her time or just made her generally too difficult to be around.

“It's bad enough that I was released from the club. Don't do something stupid like that and get yourself kicked off, too…” Anna replied, shaking her head. “As much as I hate what Jade did, I can't even really blame her for it. I wouldn't want to date myself either, and she's right when she says I'm difficult to be around these days… I'm always seeing what isn't there, or trying to take the right combination of drugs to avoid that happening, or ignoring Jade and everyone else because of what's happening inside my own head. She's right when she said that we spend a lot of time together, too, it's not a crazy accusation for her to say that I was cheating on her-”

“But it is, because you've done nothing like that! You really just accepted it when she lied like that, and now you're accepting it yourself and saying that she was right to be suspicious? You should have called me over, and I would have talked some sense into her and told her that if she leaves you because of those bullshit reasons, I'm going to show up at her door and make her regret it. I still can do that, you know, if you want… I guess now is a good time to tell you, but neither of us are even going to be in Falston when our contracts are up soon. At least, we won't be playing for United. Esther is going to try joining the new Imperial sponsored league to get into a first team squad, and I'm heading back to my roots and negotiating a new deal with Sabrefell Athletic. Our parents are from there, and my play over here has gotten there attention and giving me a chance to move up,” explained Sophia. “I might as well go out with a bang here at United and help you out in the process… You've helped both of us, you should let us repay you.”

“Repay me by not forgetting about me when you're in Sabrefell and I'm still here in an irrelevant league that nobody outside these islands cares about,” sighed Anna, before laughing out loud about her friend’s dedication to her. “Phia, it really does mean a lot to me that you're willing to go that far to cheer me up, but beating up Jade isn't going to make her like me again. Let's face it… It's over between me and her, and there's nothing that's going to change that. I'm just focused on finding a new club right now and getting back to work. My love life might not be the best, but the more important thing is making sure I don't have to move back in with my parents.”

“Than sue the club and try to get the money that they owe you? I don't know, just throwing ideas out there,” shrugged Esther. “Maybe you can join me in the new domestic league. I believe there's going to be four clubs, or maybe six, and there should be more money in it because it's funded by the Imperial Anglatian Football Federation. Princess Halle wants to make these islands relevant, and part of that is going to include making the football league at least decent. The IAFF is going to be hunting for prospects that they can poach for their own national team, too, which means they'll be putting a lot of cash into development. You have a good enough track record with the United reserves to get a job with one of these teams. Look, I've already talked to a guy that's going to get a management job when the league begins, and if he's right on his assessment of the talent level, you will have no problems getting onto a first team squad.”

“How long until this new league forms, then? It all sounds good and well, but I need to keep a roof over my head and food on my table until I can get signed up for that. I’m not even sure I can go on welfare, with my criminal record and all. That's also going to make it harder to get a normal job, unless I can convince someone to give me a chance because they like me as a footballer. Do we even know who the clubs are, yet? All I see online about that league is rumors and proposed designs, but nothing official about the clubs, or even how many of them there are,” said Anna, taking out her phone and running a quick search on the new league.

“Since it's a league that's going to run from spring to fall, the announcement with the clubs is going to come in a few weeks, and the squads are going to be filled right after. If you don't have somewhere to stay, you can always come and join us for a bit. Sure, our place isn't that big, but we’ll find a way to fit you in, especially since it's just temporary. I'm sure that whatever club you join in the new league is going to be able to provide housing, it looks like they aren't going to be as afraid of spending as the two current Falston clubs are.”

“Yeah, Anna, we'd love to have you around,” added Sophia, smiling warmly. “There's only two bedrooms in our place, but now that Jade isn't with you, you can feel free to sleep in my bed without feeling guilty about it-”

“Too soon…” Anna muttered, annoyed that Sophia was flirting with her only a day after she had broken up. Their relationship was kind of strange like that. They were best friends, and yet even when Anna was actually dating someone, Sophia had been flirting with her and dropping hints to her ever since coming out to her as bisexual. Anna had been the first one to know about that, and had also been the target of her friend’s advances many times, but she had never responded to them for two reasons; number one, she had been dating Jade. Number two, she wasn't sure she would want to get that close to Sophia, who she knew had serious anger issues and an unstable personality that saw her moods swing often.

As Heather would say, Sophia was kind of crazy, and Anna was always trying to find the right balance between being her best friend and keeping her at a distance. After all, she had been on the wrong end of Sophia’s outbursts on more than one occasion. In a way, their friendship was touching. They both had problems that drove other people away, but because of their status as outsiders, they only grew closer together and gained something to relate to as friends. “Yeah, sorry about that, I know you're still hurting.”

“But, I do appreciate the offer to move in. I don't think I really have any other options, and I don't want to be a burden on my parents, but… I also don't want to be a burden on you guys, are you sure you're going to be fine with me moving in? I know you think you are, but can you handle feeding another person? Hell, I just got kicked out of my club because you guys didn't have enough cash and I had to steal to make sure that you had enough. You don't need anyone else to take care of.”

“You're not going to be a burden on us, you've shown that you can take care of yourself without a lot of resources, and that you can bring in some extra money through hustling outside of your main job. The fact that you were able to help us out yesterday shows that you're resourceful and that if anything, it will help us for you to be around. We're not just going to let you go homeless after you've done so much for both of us,” said Esther. “If you really feel guilty, than just repay us by cooking for us and keeping Sophia out of trouble. Friends help each other out, and we wouldn't be real friends to you if we didn't offer you a place to live. Besides, it's only for a few weeks until you can sort your career out and get a better place of your own.”

“Well, if you really insist on it, I'll have to take you up on that offer. Thanks, guys, you've both been a bigger help than you'll ever know. Not many people would take me in, and not many would rush over to comfort me after something like this. We really are like a little family, maybe a dysfunctional one where everyone has their own problems, but a family nonetheless,” Anna replied, finally standing from the couch. “Now, if you're both ready, I think we can go on that run now… I have to get in top shape for the new league, after all.”

~

The weather in the suburbs outside of Falston was freezing, but Madeleine ‘Maddie’ Grisholm had never been one to shy away from the cold. At the modern, recently constructed facility that was a far cry from some of the other more run down grounds that could be found around the Ceynes, a new club was having their trial week. They'd been bringing in players every day and running them until they were ready to drop, to see which ones would fit in with the squad that they were trying to build, and this was the second to last day of the trial week. But it was also the coldest one, and despite the elements and the potential rain that was expected to start coming down later in the day, the players were still out in force and were trying their hardest to earn their spots for one of the few clubs in the country that could pay its players properly.

While the players were all new, because the club itself was new, Maddie was also on her first managerial job. She had been the assistant for multiple clubs in the Nepharim lower leagues, but after making a name for herself by helping to play a key role in teams that had punched above their weight, she was the one that had been selected as the first member of Imperial Falston, the club that was owned by the Anglatians and that wore their colors of white and purple. As the club in the Ceynes Premiership with the most cash, they were also the ones with the most pressure on them, and it wasn't exactly an easy job by any means. Still, it was definitely a good one, even if she was forty now and it had taken her longer than she wanted to make it as the head of a club and not an assistant.

She was being assisted by the thirty two year old former Ross United player Josinho, who had washed out of football but still had a good enough mind when it came to the game to manage it at a good level and scout other footballers to find the top talents. Right now, it was Maddie and Josinho that were standing next to the main pitch at the facility and watching the first team of trialists battle against the team made up of players who they were more unsure of and players that had signed up late. The first team was in white, the second team was in purple, and surprisingly, the match was very competitive. The first team was the one that was expected to be dominant, but the second team was quite tenacious and they were only down by a goal.

“Josinho, who is the goalkeeper for the purple team?” Maddie asked, as the goalkeeper made an incredible reflex save against a point blank shot from the center fielder that was trying out with the first team. The shot had been moving so fast towards the far post that everyone was sure it was a goal, but the keeper had somehow gotten a hand on it and she had then dove on the ball and put herself in the line of danger by shielding it with her body as attackers ran for it. She stood up, used her hand to push the closest attacker away in a gesture that signified her fearlessness and attitude, and then she marshaled her defense back and threw the ball to the left back, who recovered it safely and cleared it.

“Her name is Anna Saint Preux. She has a Nepharim mother that was born in Falston and an Imperial father from Lane, and she played for Falston United in their youth and reserve teams before she was released because of a criminal record and another incident with the law,” Josinho said, having read the scouting report on her already. “She has extremely quick reflexes, good conditioning for a keeper, and good length, but she has off of the pitch concerns and that's why only three of the six Premiership clubs worked her out, including ourselves.”

“What kind of off of the pitch concerns are we talking, exactly, and what clubs have worked her out other than us?”

“Drug use was one problem, but I believe her criminal record is from different fights that she has gotten into and also from stealing. However, the word from our scouts is that she was only caught stealing because she was trying to sell the items and give the money to two of her teammates, who didn't have enough to pay their bills. She definitely isn't that bad of a person, if the scouts are to be believed,” replied Josinho, watching her as she stood on edge and waited for the attack to come back in her direction. “Moss City and New Rozelle were both willing to overlook her record, but… She also has gang affiliations, and she's supposedly connected to the East Mob. Now, they're closer to being a street gang than an actual dangerous criminal organization, but it's still concerning. I don't think that's the big red flag, though, nor do I think the criminal record is.”

Maddie raised an eyebrow, turning to look at her assistant. “What could be a bigger red flag than a criminal record and ties to the East Mob? If she wasn't this talented and if she didn't already have experience at a good club around here, I wouldn't even be considering her after learning of this. But she does have me interested…”

“She has something of a weird medical history. Like, a really weird one that you don't see often in footballers. She's schizophrenic, and that's what Falston United found out after they signed her to their youth squad. She's managing it well, but she supposedly sees things that aren't there sometimes, and hears voices that she talks to in her head,” explained Josinho. “It hasn't affected her play yet, but it's definitely a concern that needs to be watched, and our club might not have the resources to deal with it if it becomes a problem.”

“Yeah, in all my years of coaching, I haven't yet seen a club have to deal with schizophrenia. That's new to me. You said it doesn't affect her play, though, and if that's true, we can just send her to a psychologist and leave it in the hands of her and her doctors. Unless it affects her on the pitch, it isn't really a club issue… Could create friction with teammates, though. As you said, it's worth keeping an eye on-”

They both stopped talking and turned to the pitch when there was another counter attack for the white team, and while the purple team defense was rushing to get back as soon as they could, they weren't having much success. But before the striker could take a shot, Anna rushed out and dove to block his path, tripping him up and diving on the ball again. “This is why I fucking told you all to stay back and stop trying to score!” she snapped at her defense as she stood, before punting the ball deep to give them a chance to reset. “Stick to the goddamn assignments and you won't give up chances like that one!”

“She's passionate, at least,” remarked Maddie, impressed with how worked up she was getting over a scrimmage. “She's going to have to channel it better, though. The players at any big club aren't going to be happy about the way she's taking her frustration out on every player around her.”

“Are we going to give her a contract? According to the scouting report, New Rozelle is very interested and is working on closing a deal by the end of the weekend. But we have the advantage because she already lives here and because we're signing her friend, Esther Fortune. Moss City also worked her out, as I said, and she's going to sign for either of them in the next couple of days if we pass on making an offer.”

“It's a risk, but I think this one is one that we have to make. Keeper isn't our strongest position, she would make an instant impact there, and she will at the very least push the other keepers on the squad to perform better and reach their full potential. The criminal record and the gang ties, and the mental things… Those aren't the most appealing things for a footballer to have, but I'll work with it,” said Maddie. “I've always been the kind of coach that's an unconventional type, that likes signing the players the others won't touch. Let's see if this gamble will be one of my better ones, or if I'll regret this in the end…”

~

“You did good enough to win a contract somewhere else, if not here,” said Heather, sitting down next to Anna as she rested by the goal and waited for the players to be called together once again for the staff to talk to them. “Imperial is the one holding the trials, but they aren't the only scouts that are here. Moss City was very interested, and their scout was by the sideline with the other coaches, talking about you. You've done well enough for yourself to get a job with at least one of the clubs that was here, don't worry.”

“Doesn't matter how I play, that's not the thing that's going to keep me from getting signed. Everyone has already seen my highlights from the reserve team with United. They know I'm a good player, but they also know that I have a criminal record and they know that my exit happened on bad terms,” replied Anna, sipping from her water bottle. “I'm sure they also know that I'm with the East Mob, and that I've fought with teammates in the past… What I do on the pitch isn't what's going to decide if I get this job-”

“But it is going to give you an edge over someone else that's also a project type of player but doesn't have as much talent as you. In this game, you can do whatever you want off of the pitch as long as you have enough talent to compensate. And you have a lot of stuff for a manager to complain about, but you also have tremendous natural ability to make up for it.”

“As I said, it's easy for you to talk me up when you've been dead for five years and you don't have to live with any of the consequences of what happens. I'm going to be anxious about this when it basically decides if I'm going to have to drop everything and head to Moss or New Rozelle instead of staying in Falston. I'd like to stay teammates with Esther, too, and that's on the line.”

Heather slapped her on the shoulder, before resting her own head there. “I still have consequences to live with, Anna. I have to live in your head when you're feeling down and depressed about your career, and that's not fun for me. Also, even if you like to dismiss me because of, as you say, not really being here, you're still my best friend and the things that hurt you hurt me also. You're my only friend now, really.”

“Yeah, well, dead people don't usually have friends,” said Anna, and then their conversation stopped when they both saw Maddie Grisholm approaching, after addressing the rest of the players separately. She was definitely looking at Anna, and the keeper looked away awkwardly and acted like she wasn't watching her approach.

“Anna, you're just the girl I'm looking for,” Maddie said, looking down at her as she rested against the goalpost. “I'm going to cut to the chase. I've already seen your scouting report and heard of what my staff members think of you, and we think that your off of the pitch problems aren't bad enough that we should stay away from you. I know you want to stay in Falston and play with Esther Fortune, and I'm happy to say that we can do that for you. If you'll accept it and accept that you might have to fight for a starting spot, we’re willing to see how things go with a one season contract. Furthermore, I've heard that you're having problems keeping a roof over your head. If you join us, we’ll make sure that you have somewhere to stay, even if the wages aren't enough to move somewhere nice.”

Anna blinked a couple of times in surprise, before smiling and nodding. “I wasn't expecting and offer, and definitely not so soon, but you've made one that sounds good to me. As long as I have a chance to compete, and somewhere to live, I'm fine with whatever terms this contract has. You're probably thinking that I'm some high risk player, and you might be right, but if there's one thing I can promise you… It's that I'm going to try my hardest to make you look good for being the one that took a risk with me.”
Former Nepharan territory, former Anglatian puppet, current Brenecian puppet. It's complicated, but probably not as much as it sounds.

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:24 am

Michael James Braddock. Thirty-two years old. Seventeen years in prison for robbing Hatfields Bank on the outskirts of Thurmond.
Eric Wilson. Nineteen years old. Died in shootout while robbing Hatfields Bank on the outskirts of Thurmond.
Arthur Harris. Twenty-six years old. Died in shootout while robbing Hatfields Bank on the outskirts of Thurmond.
Travis Cartwright. Thirty years old. Seventeen years in prison for robbing Hatfields Bank on the outskirts of Thurmond. Died in prison, 2008 after assault.
Patrick Holmes. Twenty-one years old. Died in shootout while robbing Hatfields Bank on the outskirts of Thurmond.
James Henley. Thirty-six years old. Life in prison for robbing Hatfields Bank on the outskirts of Thurmond, manslaughter. Sentence given in absentia. Presumed dead; body never found.

Body never found.

Body never found.

Body

Never

Found.

Even now, as Michael Braddock read through the sentencing charges - as a free man, mind you - he could not help but shed a tear.

A tear that landed on the paper, crinkling the paper the words lay on, blurring those three words. Of course he remembered those moments. His last moments as a free man.

"They're on us, damnit! Haven't you gotten enough?"
"Fuck no I haven't! What the fuck! Too much money doesn't exist in my bloody book, damnit!"
"Well we've got to get out of here before we get embroiled in a full fledged gunfight, you arse! You're not exactly helping!"
"E, HELP ME WITH THIS BLOODY BOX! SMASH IT OPEN, I DON'T CARE!"

Michael watched as Eric - sweet, young, Eric, nineteen years old and hard on money (he was only on this damn job because he needed money for his mam's dialysis treatments, and the NHS somehow didn't extend to her) - was called over to help James Henley open a box.

"Trinkets! Trinkets won't help us, bloody hell!"

The sound of sirens. The sudden look of shock on every single man's face.

"GET TO BLOODY WORK!"

Eric, more and more panicked, sweat dripping off his balaclava, tried to get more boxes opened as the other men got their extremely illegal guns out.

"P, T, hold the bloody front doors. You've got enough ammo on you to take on the whole of the Lackland Police Forces."
"The only problem here, J, is that we're in the bloody North West and they're used to this kind of thing."
"Do I look like I give any kind of shit about this? We're getting out here alive, free, and with our damn money. Remember those new identities in Ethane, boys. They won't notice a thing."
"If we get out alive."
"Shut the fuck up, M!"

The knocks at the door. Panicked faces and expressions.

"Bloody hell, run."
"What about our men in the front?"
"They can handle themselves."

The colour draining out of his face as he heard the unmistakable screaming of Travis Cartwright as Patrick Holmes' blood splattered on the wall. Moments later a second patch of blood - darker this time - went flying onto the translucent glass door as Cartwright's screams went even louder. And then, the vague shadows of two hands as he stopped screaming. Was he alive or dead?

"Fuckin' 'ell. Let's hope A's got his good driving boots on. You know what he's like on his bad days."
"What if we get caugh-"
"We won't get caught, you bloody idiot. Ten percent if we make it to Connaught without being caught. Ten percent when we split up."

The promise of money enough to shut Eric up. Michael grabbing bags of money, gold and other valuables as he ran towards the door.

Moments later the unmistakable sound of a door opening, gunshots getting louder and a nineteen year old's unmistakable screaming as he was shot through the back, the leg and the arm.

And just seconds after, his head. Blood all over his vest. Lifeless, mindless, soulless, helpless...

Michael felt a sharp pain in his knee as blood seeped out. Meanwhile James had already made it to the car and was motioning for Michael to hurry up. Arthur, with his electric blue eyes, hands on the steering wheel.

The momentary sigh of relief as he hauled the money into the car, as Arthur had to shout to be heard above the sound of the police helicopters and sirens.

"I tell you what, we fucking did it. We fucking did it."
"Patrick...Travis...fucking
Eric..."
"Brave men. Will be missed. But we got out alive."

The bullet through the side of Arthur's head, blood spurting out as if from a faucet. The car veering wildly off the freeway.

"FUCKIN'--"

And that was the last he heard of James Henley, the mastermind. Waking up to a prison cell, somehow with Travis, still shaken by the experience, staring blankly at a wall.

Only the two of them had survived.

The day of the trial. A farce. They were the worst robbers in Tumbra and they knew it. Seventeen years for him and Travis. At least they shared a cell.

Hell from the first day they got in. Endless sexual assault. It got so bad that both had to nurse their private parts in the company of each other.

Then Patrick died eight years into the sentence and he lived alone.

Alone in hell for nine years.

His wife left him. His family abandoned him. He was alone. Driven

Throughout those nine years he was only kept alive by his certainty Henley had survived. "Body never found" was a fucking ripoff. He was going to find Henley and demand the truth. The whole truth.

Nothing but the truth.

He was certain, and now at forty-nine, he was going to prove it.

First stop. Where the hell was he interred?
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic News | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:59 am

Gavin Hughes stalked the technical area, shouting encouragement to his players. They were ten minutes deep into the second half and there had been a noticeable improvement in the team. Alpha Gandhi had been spectacularly useless, clearly unsettled by where his next move would be to - and it had affected his play dramatically. Gavin just hoped it wasn't too late.

Besides him Luxulya was screaming at Era Beck to get back, as another Ummat Al-Haqiqa attack rolled in, but stopped after a crunching tackle from Eurwen Raynerson, who booted it back up-field to the lurking Lucan Palmisano.
"Wizzard's just not on his A game today boss." Luxulya had walked over as the team broke up field.
"He's been all over the place. Doesn't look like he knows if he's coming or going."
"Probably just nerves to be... Goddammit" Lucan Palmisano had just had a shot saved by the Ummat keeper, goal kick. "...honest. It's his first competitive game for Apox."
"It's the first competitive game for a whole load of them... they're supposed to be professionals godammit."
"They haven't been professionals for that long."
"Point taken. Ugh, we'll have to take him off. Tell Zana to start warming up."

Coleman Ezekitias never thought this day would come. Here he was, in the red and white, playing for Apox. He'd come through with Wofford right from the start, really, being technical Old Guardian by birth. He'd been with the club since he was 18, and had played with the team through their record breaking triple promotion, from the regional conferences all the way to the ANL itself, with him as one of the stars. He'd played alongside Gustaf Kolehmainen for fucks sake.

And then the corruption scandal had hit, and Wofford were investigated particularly thoroughly - triple promotion, at a time when match fixing was prevalent - nothing from Wofford except for a couple of junior squad players betting on results, minor fines handed out.

And yet here he was, off from the bench against the titans of Ummat Al-Haqiqa to make his debut. Unfortunately at the expense of Pinsent Benzari, who, god knows, was going through a tough time at the moment anyway. But he was sure he was going to make the most of it. 1-0 down, 25 minutes to go. Plenty of time to salvage something.

Now he was on the ball, breaking forwards - shit, dispossessed. Turning around and sprinting to catch the player, their number 9, he went with a strong, sliding tackle. A touch of ball but more player and they both ended up in a crumpled heap, the ref blowing his whistle and marching over. He was reaching for his pocket - thank god not a red, just a yellow - but it would also be a free kick.

He was in the box, jostling with their right defender who'd come up for the free-kick, but he wasn't required, the ball just went sailing over his head. Imhotep should have it though, fucking titan of a man, built out of steel it seemed, in the mould of the greats; Hadrian Belfast, Solomon Etezadi etc.

Imhotep didn't have it.

2-0 to Ummat Al-Haqiqa.

Balls.

Apox 0-2 Ummat Al-Haqiqa 15' Ummat Player 1, 77' Ummat Player 2
APX: Anaximander -- Beck, Raynerson, Jekyll, Fowey -- Mormentor (Ibrox 62') -- Townsend, Palmisano, J. (c), Benzari (Ezekitias 73') -- Palmisano, L., Gandhi, A. (Gandhi, O. 45')
UAH: Unnamed

A fairly lacklustre and confused performance by an Apox side still clearly finding their feet back in international competition - all the more disappointing for losing to a side ranked, on paper, below them in the rankings. Talisman Alpha Gandhi couldn't find his form all game, shooting wide three times in the first half before being brought off for his younger sister, Ozaria Gandhi at half time. In the mean time, Ummat Al-Haqiqa, who failed to provide a line-up, scored thanks to a defensive lapse by Wizzard Mormentor, who was pulled out of position marking a feinted run. Eurwen Raynerson, normally a presence in defence was unable to block a fantastic shot which Halyos Anaximander had little chance of getting to. The second half was a slight improvement on the first, Ozaria Gandhi coming close in the 60th minute, but Wizzard Mormentor still didn't look up to the task and was replaced for the vastly more experienced Zana Ibrox in the 62nd minute. Pinsent Benzari suffered a thigh strain in the 73rd minute and will miss the next match as a result with Coleman Ezekitias brought on to replace him. The second and deciding goal came in the 77th minute from a free-kick, Imhotep Jekyll losing his man causing the goal. Sparks of life, but not the Apox we once knew. Gavin Hughes has much work to do yet.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Tuzivachtu
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuzivachtu » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:29 am

INTRODUCTORY MATERIALS FOR TUZIVACHTESE NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM PLAYERS AND STAFF

Congratulations! If you possess these sealed documents, it means you have been selected for Allocated Service Duty at the 19th Campianato Esportiva in Boring Paradise! (If you have acquired these sealed documents in an illicit manner, please report to your local police precinct for detainment and interrogation as you are in violation of National Security Prerogatives 3, 4a, 4b, 5, 8, 20, 25, and 26.) You should feel great pride in the fact that you have been invited to represent our proud nation of Tuzivachtu at Esportiva's highest regional footballing event. As you will of course know, our tiny country is not well known, but ideally you will be spreading knowledge of our wondrous land abroad.

To assist you in representing our beloved homeland when in the company of foreign individuals, we have provided you with a series of talking points in order to steer conversation in the right direction.

1. Tuzivachtu is a nation of impressive biodiversity and diverse climates. Be sure to emphasize the powerful, record-shattering heat of Dijag, our westernmost territory, which lies on the edge of a large desert in a semi-arid area of reddish-orange sand. Don't forget to rain plaudits on the spectacular high-altitude mountain ranges of Rhostyllen, where the air is thin but the recreational and tourism opportunities are unrivaled in Esportiva. Sing the praises of our easternmost territory, the pine-forested land of Ziedolcreißen, where temperatures can be nerve-destroyingly cold in the precipitation-free winters, but mild and tolerable in the misty, rainy summers. Of course it's true that we are only a nation of just over 100,000, but our nation is nonetheless one the international community should feel welcome to explore.

2. Feel free to educate foreign nationals on your regional language and culture. Dijagis, speak of your life in the semi-arid outback, Semitic language, and your race's noble dark features. Rhostyllenians, be proud of your Welsh language and swarthy appearance, all made hardy by your life in the mountains. Ziedolcreißisch staff and players, ensure that the ignorant are helped to understand your German language and your history of brewing the best beers and distilling the best spirits during the long, cold winters of your homeland.

3. Be dogged in your defense of our national pastime, which is, as you know, arms manufacturing. Spare new friends the messy details of our acrimonious departure from our previous colonial overlords, who frowned on our love of ballistic weaponry. The right to bear arms is valued above all other rights in our country, and some foreigners will view this with suspicion. Refer as necessary to the Gunsmith's Emancipatory Handguide, included in this packet, in order to learn talking points for dealing with uncooperative internationals.

4. Avoid discussion of recent political events in your homeland. The suspension of elections, though a self-evidently necessary action in order to prevent the anti-gun blasphemers from obtaining any seats in the legislature, may be a bludgeon that hostile actors may try to hit you with (rhetorically of course). Speak rather of the honor you feel in paying your (recently increased) taxes so that our impressive military may repel threats to our sovereignty.

We will now move on to the personnel portion of this document.

Fagan Gough, a gregarious 35-year-old Rhostyllenian, has been named as your head coach. He will manage all sport-related decision-making for the duration of the Campianato. He and his personally selected staff will organize training in the interim between matches and will possess full and unencumbered power over team selection and substitutions.

Below is a list of the 23 football players invited to participate in Allocated Service Duty on behalf of the Commonwealth. Should you wish to submit any corrections to this database (perhaps you think you should be listed as "Tall" rather than "Short?"), please bear in mind that our classifications are made relative to other individuals in the squad based on context. For instance, an individual of the male sex who is listed as "Short" may nonetheless still be taller than an individual of the female sex who is listed as "Medium." Temperament classification is based on a complex formula that attempts to measure both the roughness of a player's work rate and courage in the tackle, as well as propensity for disciplinary engagements. Should you wish to be reclassified in this respect, perhaps you should consider altering your play style!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------HAIR    HAIR
-# FIRST NAME SURNAME POS. SEX HEIGHT BUILD ETHNICITY LENGTH COLOR TEMPERAMENT CURRENT CLUB AGE
1 Sandra Zoecke GK F Short Skinny Ziedolcreißisch Long Blonde Cautious Llayllech 18
2 Dhunniajud U'adas RB M Medium Skinny Dijagi Long Black Cautious Evangelisch 21
3 Elmo Dombrecht LB M Tall Stocky Ziedolcreißisch Short Red Balanced Zufiha Maggaq 26
4 Eirian Edwards CB M Tall Stocky Rhostyllenian Medium Red Aggressive 1937 28
5 Julie Kirchheim CB F Medium Stocky Ziedolcreißisch Long Black Cautious Traunstein 32
6 Cadwallon Lloyd CB M Short Medium Rhostyllenian Medium Brown Aggressive Tywod Anialwch 28
7 Mannami Shuzah DM F Short Skinny Dijagi Long Black Aggressive Yi 27
8 Eoghania Haussmann CM F Medium Medium Mixed Long Brown Aggressive Dhiaghaat Ujam 17
9 Yishaabbug Gwilt ST M Short Skinny Mixed Long Blonde Cautious Llandowys 18
10 Anian Cronne CM M Medium Stocky Rhostyllenian Short Blonde Cautious Traunstein 25
11 Felizitas Schenk AM F Medium Stocky Ziedolcreißisch Short Brown Aggressive Afusha 18
12 Bibisi Berens GK F Tall Skinny Mixed Medium Brown Balanced Mühldorf 27
13 Brioc Cneitho LB M Short Stocky Rhostyllenian Short Blonde Aggressive Afusha 19
14 Eduduwel Cronne CB F Tall Skinny Rhostyllenian Short Brown Balanced Haga 25
15 Ceinwen Crowther CB F Short Skinny Rhostyllenian Short Brown Balanced Evangelisch 21
16 Wama Wizin CB M Short Stocky Dijagi Medium Black Aggressive Afusha 18
17 Gwanon Dhidha GK M Tall Skinny Mixed Short Brown Aggressive RSY 20
18 Sabine Duba CM F Medium Skinny Ziedolcreißisch Short Brown Aggressive Mörfelden 25
19 Am Umma CM F Short Stocky Dijagi Medium Black Balanced Safudha 19
20 Awi Yiasuya CM M Tall Stocky Dijagi Long Black Aggressive Xanten 32
21 Adele Dziomba DM F Tall Skinny Ziedolcreißisch Medium Brown Aggressive TWS 31
22 Raffaela Höhne DM F Medium Stocky Ziedolcreißisch Long Red Aggressive Raketen 24
23 Gwydion Catharn ST M Tall Skinny Rhostyllenian Long Blonde Balanced Evangelisch 20

In general, athletes will be arranged on the pitch in the following tactical formation.

(GK) Zoecke

(CB) Edwards (CB) Kirchheim (CB) Lloyd
(RWB) U'adas (LWB) Dombrecht
(DM) Shuzah
(CM) Haussmann (CM) A. Cronne
(AM) Schenk

(ST) Gwilt

Please observe that experienced center back Julie Kirchheim has been announced as captain. Allow her to manage all on-field disciplinary issues, as her reserved personality will be extremely beneficial in deescalating the odd tense situation. In the event of the re-accommodation of any administrative staff, please follow the directive(s) of Julie as you navigate this bizarre foreign land of Boring Paradise. Aforementioned manager Fagan Gough will also assist in providing direction under these circumstances.

Optima Consortium
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Optima Consortium » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:37 pm

THE OPTIMA CONSORTIUM
Preferred Formation:
4-1-4-1
Style Modifier: -1.5
Playstyle: Defensive solidity is key. The team has been quickly cobbled together out of spare parts and is held together with filthy lucre and string.
Captain: Ngcondebuku Luku

Nobody's sure precisely where the Optima Consortium is from, or where they operate, or what they are, or what they do. But they've hired an extremely capable, if currently disgraced, manager, and a team of lower-league Semar mercenaries looking to make a year's wage in a month (let's be real - two weeks) of tournament football.

Oh well. They're probably innocuous.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Supplied by a generously-imbursed Cloaker, of Nephara.

I Give My Opponent Permission To:
=================================
Choose My Goalscorers: Y
Godmod Goalscoring Events: N
Injure Players: Y
Godmod Injury Events: N
Red Card Players: Y
Yellow Card Players: Y
Godmod Other Events: N
=================================

Tactics
First-choice lineup.
Reader hasn't had long to work with her team of mercenaries, so she's put them into the same protocol as her Union side operated under - defensive solidity first, springing counterattacks when possible. The variety of the slightly ill-fitting parts under her command has lead to a rather strange lineup - Henning, a wide midfielder, and Mensah, a natural striker, being roughly converted into wingers. Luku and Johannesberg are Optima's best players - the former a loud, hard-running water-carrier, the latter a quiet, intelligent and towering presence with top-flight aspirations.

Staff
Manager: Althea Reader (BRE)
Asst. Manager: Esperanto Martell

Althea Reader is the disgraced former manager of Northern Union, responsible for a variety of domestic successes and a Globe Cup using disciplined, defensive tactics. She was approached by the Brenecian FA to manage the national team multiple times, each time turning them away. Then came the match-fixing scandal, and now she's here.

Goalkeepers
1 - GK - Marcelo Muskwe - Age 29 - Hallenburg FK (SEM)
12 - GK - Amdy Vieira - Age 20 - FC Sjordsbrik (SEM)
20 - GK - Erik Halssen - Age 25 - Yorligenen (SEM)

Defenders
2 - RB - Franz Eriksson - Age 25 - FC Arkrau (SEM)
3 - LB - Johan Jakobs - Age 23 - Simethagen (SEM)
5 - CB - Omobolanle Kwaku - Age 31 - Lindenshalle-Knutsunde (SEM)
6 - CB - Jakob Johannesberg - Age 21 - FC Arkrau (SEM) - Vice-captain
17 - RB - Morten Kristensen - Age 23 - Brickland Klub (SEM)
19 - LB - Pape Demba Diouf - Age 26 - Molsbik Kadet (SEM)
22 - CB - Jens Mikkelsen - Age 29 - Larstad Town Bay (LDN)

Midfielders
4 - DM - Knud Lahm - Age 30 - Lindenshalle-Knutsunde (SEM)
7 - RM - Lars Henning - Age 26 - FC Slatslo (SEM)
8 - CM - Ngcondebuku Luku - Age 25 - FC Eriksson Island (SEM) - Captain
11 - AM - Jo'lani Mosiweri - Age 22 - FC Eriksson Island (SEM)
13 - CM - Carlo-Jens Mikkelsen - Age 24 - Larstad Town Bay (LDN)
16 - LM - Langa Mlambo - Age 22 - Yorligenen (SEM)
18 - LM - Andreas Kunnel - Age 31 - Hallenburg FK (SEM)
23 - RM - Afolabi Oshoala - Age 23 - FC Eriksson Island (SEM)

Forwards
9 - ST - Johann Linders - Age 20 - Copenbrok South Side (SEM)
10 - ST - Koboye Mensah - Age 22 - FC Eriksson Island (SEM)
14 - ST - Iyioluwa Olusegun - Age 32 - Aadesbrigg Klub (SEM)
15 - ST - Jorgen Bauer - Age 31 - Aadesbrigg Klub (SEM)
21 - ST - Yemi Ayo - Age 26 - Yorligenen (SEM)

Mount Pleasant
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Pleasant » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Number 12: Christian Lewin

Life as a backup goalkeeper was easy. Good enough to say "Eh, I could've been the best goalkeeper in Mount Pleasant, but Avihu beat me to it." but also the best position to just chill on the bench and watch life fly by. You're never gonna get subbed in, you have the frontest of front row seats to watch all your colleagues (not necessarily friends) carry your nation on their backs and you can completely chew out Rosenfeld for all his goalkeeping mistakes.

Rosenfeld, though, made no mistakes. Against the Fhulghamous Peninsula, it was probably the roughest game you could ever get for your country's first ever international fixture:

Possession: 62-38 to Fhulghamous Peninsula

Shots on goal: 15-3 to Fhulghamous Peninsula

Yes, Lewin couldn't believe his eyes. Mount Pleasant were totally outplayed. Yet somehow, they snuck in two goals. One was an insane counter attack where a long, hopeful through ball from Stefano Gardiner snuck it's way to Michael Baumgartner all the way upfield to easily slot home the first. The second came it the final minute where the Fhulghamous Peninsula went ahead and pushed everyone forward for their final corner. Of course, cue the counter attack, empty field and a simple goal for Kenny Wilkie.

But in those 15 shots from Fhulghamous Peninsula, Rosenfeld let in NONE. Babineaux and Montana may have helped a little in blocking shots, but Avihu Rosenfeld stopped every. Single. Shot.

For Christopher Lewin, life as a backup goalkeeper was easy.

Thank god for that.

Fhulghamous Peninsula 0-2 Mount Pleasant

Mount Pleasant Starting XI: A. Rosenfeld, G. Babineaux, R. Montana, D. Styles, C. van Kann, S. Gardiner, C. Katona (SUB T. Kardos 46'), K. Wilkie, M. Metz (SUB R. van Daal 74'), J. de Santis (SUB P. Young 66'), M. Baumgartner

Goals: M. Baumgartner (26'), K. Wilkie (90')

Yellow Cards: D. Styles (86'), C. Katona (21')

Red Cards: N/A
Last edited by Mount Pleasant on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Natanians and Nosts has drawn against Copper Cuprum.At the second match without Johann C. Mureșan-Antonescu,his last match was at a friendly with Kebec,not the Royal Kingdom of Quebec,where he did not score.
The game was equilibrated,but at the last ten minutes Copper Cuprum had a superior advantage.Natan Nínnio Gonçalo scored the two goals,the first one at a corner,Rato Ret crossed to the area when he just needed to head it towards the goal.The second goal occured after Lucas Lucius Vit dribbled two players form Copper Cuprum,he passed to Ion Cáius Ademélsson who hit the posts twice before the ball reached Natan Nínnio Gonçalo and he sent a bomb atraight to the goal with no real chance to the goalkeeper.The second goal from Copper Cuprum deseves attention since it was an overhead kick.,You„ll find more news about the CE and the HWC after the break.
Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!
Hosted:WLC 27

International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Proud Esportivan since November 2016[/align]

Boring Paradise
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 01, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Boring Paradise » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:19 pm

cutoff

Matchday 2

Group 1

Tuzivachtu 1-2 Boring Paradise
Thalamascia 2-0 Gadirya

Group 1 Standings

Team P W D L For Ag +/- Pts
1 Thalamascia 2 2 0 0 3 0 +3 6
2 Tuzivachtu 2 1 0 1 3 2 +1 3
3 Boring Paradise 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
4 Newmanistan 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0
5 Gadirya 2 0 0 2 0 4 -4 0

Group 2

Technotica Incorporated 2-3 Super-Llamaland
Racing 6-1 Ethane

Group 2 Standings

1 Racing 2 1 0 1 7 3 +4 3
2 Super-Llamaland 1 1 0 0 3 2 +1 3
3 Batto Vitolo 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
4 Technotica Incorporated 2 0 1 1 3 4 -1 1
5 Ethane 2 0 1 1 2 7 -5 1

Group 3

Raven Queen 0-3 Gregoryisgodistan
Natanians and Nosts 0-2 Tumbra

Group 3 Standings

1 Tumbra 2 2 0 0 4 0 +4 6
2 Gregoryisgodistan 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3
3 Copper Cuprum 1 0 1 0 2 2 +0 1
4 Natanians and Nosts 2 0 1 1 2 4 -2 1
5 Raven Queen 2 0 0 2 0 5 -5 0

Group 4

Islana Lunigo 1-5 Nova Anglican AZE
Republic of Kaboomlandia 1-2 Chiata

Group 4 Standings

1 Chiata 2 1 1 0 3 2 +1 4
2 Nova Anglican AZE 1 1 0 0 5 1 +4 3
3 Republic of Kaboomlandia 2 1 0 1 2 2 +0 3
4 Islana Lunigo 2 0 1 1 2 6 -4 1
5 2nd Brazilian Empire 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0

Group 5

Mount Pleasant 0-2 Brenecia
Southern Sunrise Islands 0-0 Fhulghamous Peninsula

Group 5 Standings

1 Brenecia 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
2 Coldfield 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Mount Pleasant 2 1 0 1 2 2 +0 3
4 Fhulghamous Peninsula 2 0 1 1 0 2 -2 1
5 Southern Sunrise Islands 2 0 1 1 0 2 -2 1

Group 6

Optima Consortium 2-0 Red Blackiland
Mattijana 2-1 Racao

Group 6 Standings

1 Mattijana 2 1 1 0 2 1 +1 4
2 Optima Consortium 2 1 0 1 2 1 +1 3
3 Racao 2 1 0 1 2 2 +0 3
4 Ceyna Isles 1 0 1 0 0 0 +0 1
5 Red Blackiland 1 0 0 1 0 2 -2 0

Group 7

San Lupan 0-1 Northern Sunrise Islands
Jeckland 0-1 Port Christopher

Group 7 Standings

1 Northern Sunrise Islands 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
2 Jeckland 2 1 0 1 2 2 +0 3
3 San Lupan 2 1 0 1 1 1 +0 3
4 Port Christopher 2 1 0 1 1 1 +0 3
5 Blackbone Bay 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0

Group 8

Nuovo Juvencus 1-2 Damukuni
Apox 4-1 Yttribia

Group 8 Standings

1 Ummat Al-Haqiqa 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
2 Apox 2 1 0 1 4 3 +1 3
3 Damukuni 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
4 Yttribia 2 1 0 1 4 5 -1 3
5 Nuovo Juvencus 2 0 0 2 2 5 -3 0
Last edited by Boring Paradise on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Paradisian Empire contains the Center, Boring Paradise, and the loyal countries that have sworn allegiance.

Best Places
U-15 World Cup 7 Runners-Up
WWISC 2 Runners Up
U-15 Chamionship (3rd Place)
Friendly Cup X (3rd Place)
Hosted
Internation FireStorm Cup II,III
Friendly Cup X

Apox
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:05 am

Jasmine Cooke was sat in the directors box of the Primal Stadium in Boring Paradise, watching the national team play. Personally she'd never been even the slightest bit interested in football, especially since it had nearly wrecked her political career at the start of her first term in government. But, it was incredibly popular.

Her two sons, now 22 and 19, had always been big Dwile Town fans or some club like that - she blamed their father - and so she'd begrudgingly watched them play whilst in school and had gone to some of the big games when they were still on. And now here it was. Back again. She hadn't been particularly in favour of it, but those people at the IFA had made some good arguments, to be fair. At least they weren't wanting a shit ton of government money again like the last lot. That's a few hundred million they didn't have to part with yearly now.

Next to her was Matthias Sindelar. Now, he'd done all this before. In fact, it was him, as her Minister for Foreign Affairs in her latest coaltion government who suggested she should come and watch a game. To show that even the government could get behind this. Bollocks. Waste of her time.

"Where did you play on the pitch then, Matthias?" Matthias managed to drag his attention away from the pitch to answer her.
"I was a defensive midfielder so I was largely in the position of Ibrox, the number 4, look, but just a bit further back."

Jasmine surveyed the pitch again. It just looked like a lot of people running around after the ball to her. Though she supposed that was the basic aim of the game.

"Try to relax and enjoy it Jasmine," Matthias again. He'd been like this all game.
"Ugh, it's just not interesting! How are so many people enthralled by this?"
"Its a release. A distraction from the troubles of their ordinary, mundane lives. By watching the football, they can vicariously life the game through their favourite players."

Jasmine merely snorted.

"Don't be so derisive. It'll help your opinion ratings I imagine." She gave him a quizzical look,
"Really?"
"Of course! People have one more think to distract them from whatever we're doing in government now. This is you way to a third term."

Jasmine smiled.

"Hadn't thought of it like that."

Apox 4-1 Yttribia Gandhi, A. 10', Gandhi, A. 13', Yttribian Player 1 28', Townsend 55', Gandhi, A. 66'
APX: Anaximander -- Beck, Raynerson, Jekyll, Fowey -- Townsend (Abbraciabene 67'), Ibrox, Palmisano, J., Ezekitias -- Palmisano, L. (Montanari 67'), Gandhi, A.
YTT: Unnamed

If last match was a lacklustre display, then the most recent outing against Yttribia was a response. Alpha Gandhi has clearly worked out whatever troubled he had against Ummat Al-Haqiqa, because he was lethal in this game. Nine shots throughout the game, seven on target, three goals as Yttribia struggled to contain both him and Lucan Palmisano. The first goal was a cross in from Imriel Townsend, Alpha Gandhi losing his marker to put his head on it - a move seen seen the earliest days of the national team between Olim Benzari and Dravid Scott. Alpha Gandhi worked the second one himself, gliding past two defenders before letting off a rocket himself. Era Beck was at fault for the Yttribian goal, struggling to get back after another Alpha Gandhi break, finding herself out of position under a wave of advancing Yttribians, Anaximander played around. Alpha Gandhi was struggling to control his emotions, putting in a couple of risky tackles and being lucky to escape a red, with many Apoxians glad to see half time.

The second half was more of the same, this time Imriel Townsend, the young player from Urbanista, opening his account with the national team from a free-kick, after James Palmisano was brought down in the centre of the pitch. It was the older Palmisano who set up Gandhi for his third of the game, one-twoing the ball with Zana Ibrox before slotting it through to the oncoming Gandhi who smashed it away, to put the match beyond doubt.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Mattijana
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:20 pm

Mattijanans Top Group After Crucial Victory
Mattijana 2-1 Racao

Mattijana find themselves top of Campionato Esportiva group 6 after an impressive victory over 19th seeds Racao with goals from Andreas Weiss and Jessika Struna securing the win.
Mattijana, themselves ranked 24th in Esportiva, made the more impressive start and led after 18 minutes when Andreas Weiss fired home from a tight angle after he was fed by Sophia Velezia's pass.
Despite a shakey start for the higher-ranked side, Racao swiftly countered with their own period of pressure. With 25 minutes gone, Daniel Sullivan clipped the outside of the post with a low drive from the edge of the box, before Alexsandr Zanardi planted a header over the bar from a corner.
Despite the near misses, Racao were rewarded in the 38th minute when a snaking run from Juanita Montoya created some space inside the Mattijanan box, with the winger playing a square ball into the path of the onrushing Samual Hornish, who lifted a deft finish over Handanović and into the bottom corner.

With both sides having periods of dominance, level scores at the break were a fair result, but it was Racao who pushed for a potential winner after the break, with Hornish inches away from a second goal as a mishit shot from 18 yards skewed just past the upright with Handanović scrambling.
Mattijana forced their way back into the tie, the lively Struna curling in a shot which was well tipped round the post by Racao keeper James Vasser.
Despite the good save, it would be Mattijana who finally made the breakthrough, a clever ball from Sophia Velezia evading everyone apart from Jessika Struna at the back post, who's first time shot squirmed past Vasser at the near post.
With 15 minutes of normal time remaining, Racao turned the heat back on in an attempt to find an equaliser, but met a well-organised Mattijanan back line. Edvard Crajasović was forced into an excellent block to deny Montoya a shot at goal, whilst Handanovic was needed to make a brilliant diving stop from Sam Hornish's header at the far corner.
Despite coming close, Racao were never able to score, with Mattijana taking a vital 3 points to suppliment the point gained in the 0-0 draw against the Ceyne islands, profiting from Red Blackiland's surprise defeat to Optima Consortium.

Matej Ljubanik after the match:

"I'm very proud of the team. We knew after the draw against Ceyna that we had to be more incisive up front, so to score the two goals in this manner was a massive boost ahead of the next two games, which are very important games for us. We scored two really good goals and the defense was, in general, very good. We'll work more in training, but for sure this is encouraging before the next match."
The socialist republic of Mattijana:
As if Austria, Slovenia, North-Eastern Europe and Sweden were merged together into some weird stew of a country.
through resilience, we are strong!

Mount Pleasant
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Pleasant » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:29 pm

Number 9: Robert van Daal

Robert van Daal loved to run. Being the attacking midfielder that he was, he loved to run a hell of a lot.

100 metres or a marathon, he loved running.

And thankfully, football was a running game for van Daal. And he was everywhere on the pitch. Well, not exactly everywhere.

He was up front when Brenecia launched an early counter attack almost right off the bat. 10 seconds later, Trevlyan ran with the ball down the wing, cut inside and bam. One minute, one goal.

Never mind, as long as you run, van Daal, you'll find another goal.

Not quite. Just nine minutes later, same counter-attack, only this time it was Sander Balliol cutting the ball towards Ursula Rankin, who's low daisy cutter snuck its way past Rosenfeld's fingertips and into the goal.

By now, Brenecia were more than happy to settle back, and no matter how much van Daal ran, it wasn't going to help.

By 67 minutes, van Daal had ran as far as he could, with no result. Off to the bench with you.
Mount Pleasant 0-2 Brenecia

Mount Pleasant Starting XI: A. Rosenfeld, G. Babineaux (SUB R. Maessen 45'), R. Montana, D. Styles, V. Wolff, C. Aston (SUB H. Hayashi 61'), C. Katona , K. Wilkie, R. van Daal (SUB M. Metz 67'), J. de Santis, M. Baumgartner

Goals: N/A <--MPL BRE--> S. Trevelyan (1'), U. Rankin (10')

Yellow Cards: R. Montana (68') <--MPL BRE --> B. Duguid (51')

Red Cards: N/A

Red Blackiland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Blackiland » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:14 pm

Red Blackiland Sports and Off-topic Chronicles

A honest love

RB ultras in the CE's match against Optima Consortium

Author : Mathias Gërdorffen

She did not care to parade with the bag lined with a fragile and ugly synthetic cloth that the boyfriend gave her on a rainy Sunday full of romanticism in which they watched together the last film of Brad Pitt with Angeline Jolie.
He proudly wore his polo shirt with the detail turned to the wrong place he had earned her on his twenty-third birthday celebrating with stupidly cold beer and fries in an inexpensive bar on a street lighted with blinkers.
Their love was true, and only that mattered.

The Justified Means - Storyline and Guide

The Justified Means - Be a little warrior fighting against a titan!

Mission #63 (Mission for O.I.M) - The Last Struggle (Final Mission)

You have followed The Justified Means storyline guide through the World Cup times? So, follow me, to find what happens, and the mechanics behind the last mission. Manuel Sanchez immediately contacts Federico and warns him of the possible consequences of destroying the oil field. In the place where the mission starts, you'll find a sniper, ammo crate, grenades and C4s. The oil field are located from north, comparing to Federico's current position. Upon arrival to the Rukkuran Al-Ansani Oil Camp, Manuel Sanchez warns you about nuclear readings coming from the field. Right after it, a large nuclear submarine from Dakersh Navy, the D-5 will show up in the surface, this is the same one that appeared other times in the game. The D-5 comes with six surface-to-air missile systems, and is escorted by a couple of GG-125 attack helicopters.
ImageReach the D-5 submarine

Just as a matter of information, the Rukkuran Al-Ansani Oil Camp is located in the Rukkuran Archipelago and Islands, a place who holds both oil and gas, each region securing each product or resource, the gas and oil ones became the largest known reservoirs in the world. Then, just approach the submarine, at low attitude, little a bit to the upper-left, reaching in the front of the submarine, since the surface-to-air-missile systems cannot hit you in this position. Maintain a good distance, eliminate the attack helicopters, after it, just complete the parachute process down to the submarine, don't start to destroy the missile systems yet, you have to face five members of the Wikalat (Dakersh's Central Intelligence Agency), but won't be needed a huge effort to defeat them. Then, just reach the hatch and hack the door.
Entering the place, you'll face Emir Taamir al-Mahdi, who survived the assassination attempt by a big explosion of C4s, in the previous mission for the O.I.M. Now, you shall start a huge boss duel against Taamir, in a place at the back of the large room, with big crates of precious materials who can serve as a good place for cover. Emir has a powerful rapid-fire rocket launcher, which launches a good amount of missiles after reload. After some every damage you give to Emir, some special soldiers you appear to protect Taamir, and give more difficulty to you. You have many ways to kill him, the first just throwing your C4s in the roof above Taamir, making it fall, killing him. The second, it's easy if you have a well-equipped precision rifle, or a good rocket launcher will work as well.
ImageFight Emir Taamir

After you defeat Taamir, it will trigger a cutscene where he makes several threats and escapes to the missile silos. There are five missiles, all of them pointed out to a country, more precisely: Royal Kingdom of Quebec, Damukuni, the Sunrise Islands, Electrum and San José Guayabal, respectively and with missiles painted in their respective colors. Taamir will catch in the missile to Electrum, while Federico will be onto the one to Damukuni. This is the continuation of the boss duel, you shall deactivate four of the five missiles, while having Taamir pointing a gun against you, making Federico evading from that. He is pretty hard to beat in this moment, you can shoot him before, first than him, this gives to you a little time opening to deactivate a missile. But you have another three missiles that still need to be deactivated, after you reprogram the last missile and reach Taamir, a cutscene will happen. Federico will will reprogram the missile, jumps off, leaving it to fall over the Rukkuran Al-Ansani Oil Camp, killing the Emir and probably making the Oil Camp unusable for a good time. Federico then, falls over a O.I.M meeting point, where Manuel Sanchez, Luis and Koo-win were waiting for him. The O.I.M will help to establish a San José Guayabal-friendly leader in Dakersh, then they start to talk about a better future. End of the game, and the adventures in the exotic land of Dakersh.
Red Blackiland / Rotschwarzland (Click here to acess our main factbook)
Nationalism, Willpower, Culture, Bravure
Check our Football National Team
Red Blackiland Football League Official Thread
Meski Sports Kitmaker - Kits|Crests|Balls
Titles/Achievements : 3rd NS World Fair Champions|CoH 66 and 67 QFs|CE 17 3rd Place|Qualified for WCs 76-77
Hosted/Co-Hosted : Cup of Harmony 66 and 67|Baptism of Fire 61|Handball World Cup 14,Handball World Cup 15|Miller Cup I|Meski Cup I

Optima Consortium
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Optima Consortium » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:48 pm

Three months later, Althea Reader was basking in her unstoppable genius.
She'd been sceptical about the squad she'd been given! Okay, granted, they were... twenty-three Semar mercenaries from the lower leagues, for a manager whose last side had won a Globe Cup. And she'd had like... no time to do anything with them, before being thrown into a regional title.
And the roughness had shown against Racao. They'd done alright, defended decently, but all it had taken was a deflected shot in the 67th minute to seal a dull 1-0 win for Racao.
Here? Here it was clicking.
Aesthetically, it was a great match to watch. The totalitarian red and black aesthetic of Rotschwarzland slamming against the serried white ranks of Optima again and again, and the Consortium's mercenaries buckled but refused to break. Once, Gerard Beckestander was slipped through on goal by Defour but he fired straight into Vieira's chest, and the slight young goalkeeper instantly looked up, saw the opportunity developing, rifled a kick expertly down the right wing to set up Henning, who ran and ran and fired a lethal diagonal cross to meet Koboye Mensah at the far post.
The 22-year old Eriksson Island striker almost certainly hadn't heard of the Consortium four months ago. Now he'd just scored their first international goal.
And the enthusiasm was infectious, really, and in euphoric celebrations as the self-styled Infamous Ultras of their opponents threw flares and railed against their opponents.
For the first time, Reader began to realise that this wasn't just about the money.
The money was why they'd taken it up, of course. It sure as fuck wasn't patriotism to a tiny outpost in the deserted wasteland of a parallel Sabrefell (she didn't really get it, either) that had attracted them to this. But now that they were here, Reader realised it was for something else that they fought for. As Carmona opened to fire and Kwaku blocked the shot with his thighs. As Vieira came out to partially save a strike from Felipinho and Eriksson bolted back to clear it off the line. As Luku, somehow, found himself everywhere at once, battling everyone at once, Reader realised, if not why they had come, why they still fought.
They were here for the glory.
These were players who had never harboured hopes of international recognition - there were a lot of Semars, and a lot of Semars who were better at football than they were - and yet, through some twist of fate, they'd found themselves representing some indigo diamond on a white field with no fans in the middle of nowhere. Sure, they might represent the corporate death of the game, as Vieira sprung to his right to make a dynamic save from a distraught substitute, Ferreth. Sure, they might never have actually Been to their new adopted country, as Luku finally got a yellow card for dragging down Shacker.
But they were going to be here for the glory, and they didn't want the ride to stop anytime soon. And, in the 89th minute, Linders rifled a powerful strike on goal that Hargreaves did well to tip around the post. Jo'lani Mosiweri swung in the corner... and Jakob Johannesberg rose above Marckehiller to power a header into the net.
"Football is alive," she murmured to herself.

"Smyth is dead," Snowe's radio crackled. He ignored it.
His job was only half-done, but this was the important part - the first half had existed to make this half possible.
These offices had belonged to the Margravine, once. He marvelled at the architecture standing strong amidst all this, but the world really did not want them here. His men were paying the price. He would not.
He threw off the helmet again, checked his rifle and kicked down the door. One of the devils was there, and took a shot to the throat. That awful chemical cocktail the eggheads had put together for the rounds... well, Snowe didn't really want to think about it.
It hardly mattered. He'd made it. Checked the room, slammed the door shut, and put the code that only he remembered into the hidden safe only he knew lay under the floorboards. Licked his lips.

Grant Beardsley 71

As Truelock always said - football was the key. Always. Inexplicably. You could never ignore it.
The briefcase was there. He lifted it out.
"Jesus Christ, Snowe, are you seeing this? There's a fucking acid rain-"
He turned off the comms, and opened it.
This was Sabrefell's - Nephara's - greatest secret. And the world would not take this one away from him.
"Welcome to the Optima Consortium," he murmured to its contents, and clicked it shut.

Boring Paradise
Ambassador

Postby Boring Paradise » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:02 pm

Here is your cutoff

Matchday 3

Group 1

Boring Paradise 3-1 Newmanistan
Tuzivachtu 0-0 Thalamascia

Group 1 Standings

1 Thalamascia 3 2 1 0 3 0 +3 7
2 Boring Paradise 2 2 0 0 5 2 +3 6
3 Tuzivachtu 3 1 1 1 3 2 +1 4
4 Newmanistan 2 0 0 2 1 4 -3 0
5 Gadirya 2 0 0 2 0 4 -4 0

Group 2

Super-Llamaland 1-1 Batto Vitolo
Technotica Incorporated 5-0 Racing

Group 2 Standings

1 Technotica Incorporated 3 1 1 1 8 4 +4 4
2 Super-Llamaland 2 1 1 0 4 3 +1 4
3 Batto Vitolo 2 1 1 0 3 2 +1 4
4 Racing 3 1 0 2 7 8 -1 3
5 Ethane 2 0 1 1 2 7 -5 1

Group 3

Gregoryisgodistan 4-0 Copper Cuprum
Raven Queen 1-2 Natanians and Nosts

Group 3 Standings

1 Gregoryisgodistan 2 2 0 0 7 0 +7 6
2 Tumbra 2 2 0 0 4 0 +4 6
3 Natanians and Nosts 3 1 1 1 4 5 -1 4
4 Copper Cuprum 2 0 1 1 2 6 -4 1
5 Raven Queen 3 0 0 3 1 7 -6 0

Group 4

Nova Anglican AZE 3-1 2nd Brazilian Empire
Islana Lunigo 1-0 Republic of Kaboomlandia

Group 4 Standings

1 Nova Anglican AZE 2 2 0 0 8 2 +6 6
2 Chiata 2 1 1 0 3 2 +1 4
3 Islana Lunigo 3 1 1 1 3 6 -3 4
4 Republic of Kaboomlandia 3 1 0 2 2 3 -1 3
5 2nd Brazilian Empire 2 0 0 2 1 4 -3 0

Group 5

Brenecia 6-2 Coldfield
Mount Pleasant 1-2 Southern Sunrise Islands

Group 5 Standings

1 Brenecia 2 2 0 0 8 2 +6 6
2 Southern Sunrise Islands 3 1 1 1 2 3 -1 4
3 Mount Pleasant 3 1 0 2 3 4 -1 3
4 Coldfield 2 1 0 1 4 6 -2 3
5 Fhulghamous Peninsula 2 0 1 1 0 2 -2 1

Group 6

Red Blackiland 6-0 Ceyna Isles
Optima Consortium 0-1 Mattijana

Group 6 Standings

1 Mattijana 3 2 1 0 3 1 +2 7
2 Red Blackiland 2 1 0 1 6 2 +4 3
3 Racao 2 1 0 1 2 2 +0 3
4 Optima Consortium 3 1 0 2 2 2 +0 3
5 Ceyna Isles 2 0 1 1 0 6 -6 1

Group 7

Northern Sunrise Islands 2-0 Blackbone Bay
San Lupan 0-2 Jeckland

Group 7 Standings

1 Northern Sunrise Islands 2 2 0 0 3 0 +3 6
2 Jeckland 3 2 0 1 4 2 +2 6
3 Port Christopher 2 1 0 1 1 1 +0 3
4 San Lupan 3 1 0 2 1 3 -2 3
5 Blackbone Bay 2 0 0 2 1 4 -3 0

Group 8

Damukuni 2-0 Ummat Al-Haqiqa
Nuovo Juvencus 0-1 Apox

Group 8 Standings

1 Damukuni 2 2 0 0 4 1 +3 6
2 Apox 3 2 0 1 5 3 +2 6
3 Ummat Al-Haqiqa 2 1 0 1 2 2 +0 3
4 Yttribia 2 1 0 1 4 5 -1 3
5 Nuovo Juvencus 3 0 0 3 2 6 -4 0
Last edited by Boring Paradise on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Paradisian Empire contains the Center, Boring Paradise, and the loyal countries that have sworn allegiance.

Best Places
WWISC 2 Runners Up
Hosted
Friendly Cup X

Ceyne Isles
Secretary

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceyne Isles » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:43 am

The Isle Girls

Episode Three: Star

As Sophia Fortune would find out in the early weeks of football season, the game in Nephara was one that was very different than the one played in the Ceynes. Those islands had been under Nephara for a long time and had adopted some of the culture, but when it came to football, things were just more relaxed because the majority of the clubs were semi pro. They didn't care as much about younger players respecting the older ones, nor were they as strict when it came to asking players to follow the instructions of the manager. There was more room for individualism and creativity, but when Sophia Fortune completed her move to Sabrefell Athletic, she found that the playing style that she'd used in her home country wasn't as welcome in her ancestral homeland.

She hadn't learned it until it was too late, but she was quickly becoming a disliked figure within the club. The players who were already there didn't take kindly to this twenty one year old one season wonder joining them and then trying to keep playing the way she wanted, despite Daniel Brunet telling her to pay more attention to the established tactical system. They also didn't take kindly to her attitude, and the way she was utterly unafraid of the veterans and very headstrong, not being afraid to raise her voice at them and and stand up for herself when she believed that she was in the right about something.

According to her, coaching was something that was less important for her than others because of her natural ability, and the rest of the squad and also the staff took offense to that. Especially when she got into more than one heated argument in the preseason with some of the squad’s big name players about that, as they tried to tell her what she was doing wrong and she tried to tell them that she wasn't doing anything wrong in the first place.

About a month or so into her time with the Reds, she was already seeing herself getting left out of the squad completely for most matches, and she was being largely ignored by the other players in training. They were giving her the cold shoulder, and as she replied in anger, it only made things worse. In hindsight, she wished that she hadn't replied emotionally and that she had considered what they had tried to tell her more than she had, but it was too late for that. Right now, she was living with the effects of her actions, and those effects were turning her dream move into hell on earth for her.

It was another midweek training session when things boiled over once again, as she once again found herself braving both the cold and her teammates to try to win her spot in the lineup for the first time. They were being extra rough against her, and she had been replying in kind by playing edgily and not being afraid to bring her teammates down harder than was necessary for training. But there were more of them than there were of her, and she was still taking some hard hits and feeling the full effects of them. One tackle, from Ophelia Lovelock, put her on the ground and made her grab her ankle in pain, and she was almost sure that it was going to be bruised when she got up.

Some players would have just taken this treatment to avoid retaliation, but Sophia had always been the type of person who would stand up for herself no matter what the consequences were. If she was going to get punished for this, so be it, it was better than being bullied silently and not doing anything, even if this whole thing was her fault. When Ophelia turned her back, she jumped up from the ground and charged towards her, shoving her with all of her strength and knocking her to the ground. Now, Sophia wasn't huge, standing at almost exactly six feet tall, but she was muscular and she was stronger than she looked. When she knocked Ophelia to the ground, it would hurt.

But as she went to the ground to continue the fight, Ophelia rolled onto her back and lashed out with her hand to keep Sophia at distance, and before the young forward could respond, she felt someone else knocking her to the ground with a hard push and she felt another teammate giving her a kick in the stomach as she went down. She was surrounded quickly, and she would have received a beating if it wasn't for a few other players and some of the staff stepping in to break things up before she could get kicked in the stomach more than a couple of times.

Even as the others left, she was still down on the ground, holding her stomach as tears formed in her eyes. All she wanted was to play for the club that her parents had grown up watching, and to have her name become known in the place that could be considered her homeland. Why was that so hard? Why couldn't her teammates just accept her for who she was and accept that if they wanted the goals that she could provide, they would have to take the attitude along with it? That was what her former teammates had done, but her new ones weren't as forgiving.

With tears still welled up in her eyes, she got up and she started running and headed back inside the facility, not wanting to cry in front of the others. No, if they sensed weakness in her after she had gotten into her first fight and lost, they would make life hell for her even more. Then again, it couldn't get much worse than it already was right now. Could it?

~

This wasn't a scene that most people would consider surreal. It was nighttime and the area was lit up by the floodlights that were only just adequate for their task, the pitch had been freshly cut for the match but it still looked like it was a hazard to the players that had to play on it, and the stands looked like they weren't that full. Mainly because the stadium was bigger than the fan base that was visiting it, at a twenty thousand capacity, but the main terrace still had a good amount of fans standing there who had come out to check out the latest attraction in Falston, one of the new football clubs that had arrived as part of the Imperial ownership of the isles, and they were making much more noise than you'd expect from a crowd of their number. But even though most wouldn't consider the scene to be surreal, that was exactly how Anna Saint Preux would describe it.

The referees were getting ready to lead the players out, and she was making her first start as the goalkeeper for Imperial Falston after the player in front of her, Rolf Drinkwater, had gotten himself injured early in the season by the poor pitch condition. He had slipped and turned an ankle, and now she was moving up from number two to number one, and despite the number two on her back, she was definitely looking like a real number one. But that was in training, and training wasn't worth anything if a player couldn't bring their skills to the actual match. When the referees waved the players forward and the two teams walked out to the sound of the crowd cheering them on, Anna’s heart felt like it was beating out of her chest.

It was a good scene for pictures, with the kits contrasting as the players lined up next to each other. The Imperial Falston Hawks were in their all white home kit, and New Rozelle United were in their alternate all black kit that they usually wore away from home. New Rozelle was in first place early after Imperial had stumbled out of the gates, but it was a long season and the early weeks didn't count for much in the end. That didn't mean that the importance of this game hadn't been overstated by everyone from the management to the media, though, and it had a different importance to Anna. For her, this game was important as her first senior team match where she was the starter.

“Welcome to tonight’s match between your Imperial Falston Hawks, and New Rozelle United!” said the stadium announcer, as the players finished lining up and faced the crowd that were standing on the main terrace. “Our match is sponsored by the Imperial Trading Company, and by Air Ross, the one airline that can take you from here in Falston to just about anywhere that you want to go! Coming into this match, Imperial Falston is in second place and New Rozelle United is topping the Ceynes Premiership after winning their last match by the score of three goals to nil. Now… It's time for the starting lineups. First, for the visiting team from New Rozelle.”

The announcer started reading out the lineups, but Anna phased him out mentally and closed her eyes to focus. She never had nerves before matches, but this time was different. This time, she felt like she was living up to the promise that she had made to Heather all those years ago. The promise that she would make it as a pro or die trying. She had made appearances before, but not in the senior team, and now that she was finally here, she was feeling a rush of emotion that she hadn't been expecting. “Help me, god…” she muttered under her breath as she finally looked up and opened her eyes again, when the announcer was almost done calling out the lineups.

“In goal, number two… From East Falston… Anna Saint Preux,” he said, and she flashed two thumbs up to the crowd before running to her spot in between the posts and jumping up to hit the crossbar and stretch a bit before the match started. This was it, her professional debut. In front of a good crowd, at that. She realized she might never experience another moment like this, and she took all the sights and sounds in as everyone moved to their positions and they prepared to start the match.

Before, she had been nervous, but right now, she was completely focused. She had a stone faced expression on, and her breathing went from erratic and panicked to perfectly calm. She was back in the zone that she was in when she played well, and once again, she was completely confident in herself and her abilities. With all of the shit going on around her, she had forgotten what it felt like to play. Now, though, the feeling was rushing back and she couldn't help but smile. For the first time since she had been released from Falston United, it was game time, and this time, she was the one who had a chance to make an impact for her team.

She intended to make the most of that chance.

~

New Rozelle was quite a talented team, one that was built from the front to the back and that played an aggressive 4-3-3 that countered the possession based 4-4-2 that was played by Imperial. Case English, the young seventeen year old Anglatian prospect, was playing in goal for them after winning the battle for the starting job against his older counterpart, and while they had a strong attack, their defense was looking good statistically too. Mainly because that defense didn't have to work as much as others, as their front line and high midfield held up the ball and kept it from passing their halfway line when the other team had it.

So, of course, it was a difficult matchup for any goalkeeper. Goalies had to face many more shots against New Rozelle United than they did against other clubs, and their precision attack was the highest scoring in the league at this point. Yes, it was early in the season, but it was also indicative of their skill in the attack because of the way that their goal differential had already pulled away significantly from the rest of the league.

That was why it was so surprising when twenty one year old Anna Saint Preux was giving them fits. She had turned a few shots off of the post to keep things scoreless in the first half, and when their star striker, Ansel Westerveld, had a one on one breakaway chance with her that the away fans were certain would develop into an easy goal, Anna had rushed out and charged to the ball, diving and covering it with her body before he could kick it into goal. He'd been tripped and demanded a penalty, but the referee just signaled to play on, and the home fans went from cheering the save to jeering the player that thought it should have been a PK.

Truthfully, Anna didn't know if it had been a penalty or not, all she knew was that she wasn't going to let him score on her and that if she had to take a huge risk in coming out to avoid giving up a chance with a near automatic success rate, she was going to do it. She stood right up afterwards and instead of looking panicked from the flurry of action, her face was still perfectly calm and she looked more annoyed than dazed. “Don't run that high again, you're a central defender, not a central midfielder!” she shouted at her main center back, Tomas Spearman, who had come up to high to allow Westerveld to get the chance that had looked so dangerous.

“Aye, thanks for covering for us,” Tomas said, flashing her a thumbs up and causing her to roll her eyes because of his nonchalant behavior in the middle of such an important match. He seemed to think that it was funny that she was getting upset, and she definitely didn't share his opinion.

“I'm not laughing,” she stated, before booting the ball deep and watching as it sailed towards their strikers and was trapped and knocked back to the midfield, where they were setting up to go back into their possession based style. The scoreline still read nil to nil, but how long would that last while they were content to hold possession without doing anything, and their opponents were playing like sharks who smelled fresh blood in the water?

Bram Norcliff, their best midfielder, was trying hard to create some chances, but Esther found herself blanketed up front by the defensive midfielder and a central defender at all times and was having a very hard time finding any free space to use in the opponent’s third. The other striker in their 4-4-2, top Anglatian prospect Remy Ladipo, was also having a hard time and wasn't finding much room to operate in space to the right of Esther, closer to the sideline. The fullback stayed in front of him, and when the ball came forward, the midfield would drop back to pin him between themselves and the space controlled by the fullback, and passing into this area was an easy interception for the other team.

Anna had thought that New Rozelle were all about bite in the attack, but they actually had a good game plan in all three phases that played into their signature pressure style, and until her teammates could break that pressure, she wasn't sure if they would be able to get out of this match with a victory or even a draw. And then, Esther lost the ball again up top and the midfield jumped back forward, putting the ball at the feet of their key man up front, Ansel Westerveld. He was far quicker than he appeared, especially considering that he was six foot two, and he made a point of crossing the ball from his right foot to his left and then back again to cause Tomas to slip up as he ran in on goal. Surely, this would be the time where he scored.

He could place the shot anywhere he wanted, because he definitely had enough space for it, and Anna bounced on the tips of her toes and prepared to jump in either direction. He stared her down, as if he was daring her to jump early, and then he decided to not repeat his earlier mistake of trying to beat her with a shot. He cut outside, towards the post, and tried to tap the ball in around her, and Anna somehow extended her body fully and was able to get a fingertip on the ball as she fell to the ground and then tried to hop into position to fully block the area around the post. He shot the ball again, but couldn't get it over her body, and she was able to cradle it to her chest safely.

It was here that everyone was beginning to realize just how skilled at this position she actually was, as she stood up and threw the ball to the fullback for him to clear. At the beginning of the match, the home fans hadn't known who their club was starting in goal. But now, it did look like they weren't going to be able to forget her, especially if she could pull off the shutout of the highest scoring team in the league, who had who was possibly the best striker in the league.

~

It was a two on two break, and it was going to decide the game. Both central defenders were back for Imperial Falston, but two forwards were attacking them hard and New Rozelle looked like they were in great position to cap off the sequence of play with a goal. Ansel Westerveld had the ball at first, but he laid it off to the winger, just as he was cutting past the offside line and making a run in on goal…

Anna wouldn't be able to make a save without risking her safety by blocking yet another shot with her body, but she didn't have to think about the decision. She dropped low, and dared the winger to place the shot under the crossbar instead of just tapping it in, and that challenge was indeed too great for him. He fired the shot too low, and she was once again able to grab the ball.

The winger still tripped over her, falling behind her and hitting the ground hard. Anna had taken a bit of the impact from him running full speed and then being stopped by her as she was lying in front of goal, but she was less worried about getting injured and more worried about giving up the ball. If she gave up the ball this late, in stoppage time, the performance would be for nothing.

Right now, the Hawks were in position to get all three points after the fiftieth minute from Remy Ladipo, but they would have to hang on for just a little bit longer… Anna was still on the ground, and Westerveld was demanding that she get up and stop wasting the clock, but she still laid there and clutched the ball close to her chest, waiting to hear the whistle blow twice for the end of the match. The away fans started whistling, the New Rozelle players were complaining, but then, finally, the referee blew the whistle.

It was over. The league leading team that was also the top scoring team had just went down in Falston, and it was because of the way she had been a wall in goal for most of the match. Coming into the match, Anna had just been the backup keeper that was filling in because of an injury, but going forward, the club would have to seriously consider using her as their full time one. After all… It wasn't often that you found a talent like this playing on these tiny islands, which were so irrelevant compared to others on the international stage.

But despite chasing her dream with a club from the Ceynes, it was obvious that there was something different about Anna. Maybe it was because of her half Imperial blood, but she was already playing far better than most at her position around here would play. And, as Maddie Grisholm realized while watching that match, she was destined for much bigger things than the Ceynes Premiership.
Former Nepharan territory, former Anglatian puppet, current Brenecian puppet. It's complicated, but probably not as much as it sounds.

Red Blackiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Red Blackiland » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Action and reaction

Fans celebrating big win against Ceyne Isles

He was bad since was younger.
He would fire a cat, cut a lizard's tail, mistreat his younger brother, and kick his mother's leg when she patted him.
Older, whenever he could, he continued his evil deeds.
He was passing his car under an overpass when he saw two multivendent subjects lying under a filthy blanket.
He stopped the car, went down and spoke: "Look here, a hundred-dollar bill for the winner of a fight between you two. It's MMA really, I want to see blood.
The two of them looked at each other, got bring up, approached at the guy suspicious, and when they were very close, they beated the hell out of the guy.
He lay on the floor, bleeding and moaning. He lost the hundred-note, the wallet with $250 and more, all the documents, and of course, the black car, almost new, which only saw him pluck out and disappear into the long, deserted avenue.

Red Blackiland 6-0 Ceyne Isles

On Sunday morning to Monday, for the third round of the 19th Campionato Esportiva, Red Blackiland won their first three points. Without taking notice of Ceyne Isles. The goals of the match were marked by Eberhard, Rodristander, Shacker, Lotzunali (2), and Lucas, Doherty.
Peter's team came on as a favorite for the match. Red Blackiland was willing to do everything to maintain the good phase, and the solid project of the good campaign of the previous World Cup. The situation of Ceyne Isles, however, was the reverse, it was a newly created and new team. Therefore, the positive result against Red Blackiland was seen as an injection of courage, in the long journey of this new team.
A show. This was Red Blackiland's first time against Ceyne Isles. Dominating the actions of the game, the Red Blackilandians did not take notice of Ceyne Isles in the first stage and decided the match before the second half. Hargreaves's Ceyne Isles was shown a yellow card after 39 minutes for slicing down an opponent.
At 16 minutes, Bazsta crossed the ball in the area of ​​the left tip and Eberhard in the entrance of the area turned from thigh to the arrival of Rodristander down the middle. The brilliant defensive midfielder hit a first-time shot to the goal and saw the ball dying at the bottom of the Saint Preux net, nothing that the goalkeeper could do.
Six minutes later, Lotzunali was knocked out at the edge of the area by the left side of the field. Eberhard took the free kick, the barrier jumped and the ball passed beneath the players, dying in the right corner of Saint Preux. Red Blackiland made his second in the game.
Even with a comfortable score, Red Blackiland did not relax and continued on the opponents who could not hold the ball and reach the goal of Hargreaves. With 38 minutes played, Shacker got the ball and instead it was knocked over. A penalty kick scored by the own player who hit the left corner of Saint Preux to score the third.
Just two minutes later, Peri found Lotzunali on the far left, inside the area. The midfielder dominated the ball, made the turn on the marker and right-wing placed in the left corner of Saint Preux to score a beautiful goal at the stadium Old Blue Park in Grepolnesia. Red Blackiland went into the locker room and thrashed Ceyne Isles and had his hands on his hands.
With the game decided for Red Blackilandians, coach Eli Shan, took Westerveld, one of his attackers to put defender Spearman. The idea was to shut down his team and avoid an even bigger disaster. However, the change did not work and what was seen was another massacre of Red Blackiland in the second half.
On 6 minutes, Bazsta had and first good opportunity of the second half. The side risked the long distance kick and saw the ball pass by drawing paint from the right hand of Saint Preux that accompanied the move. At 13 minutes, Defour started with the ball from the right and opened with Lotzunali on the side of the field. He went to the bottom line and raised the ball on the second stick, returning the ball to Defour, who dominated the ball, passed the marker and the small area kicked to the goal. However, he took a lot under the ball, sending her over the goal, losing an incredible goal.
Eight minutes later, Lotzunali scored another one for Red Blackiland in the game. Lucas advanced with the ball on the right and in the sequence with a good pass found Lotzunali in the middle of the area. The midfielder dominated the ball, made the turn on the marker and touched the goalkeeper's exit by scoring Red Blackiland's fifth in the match.
Six minutes later, at the 27', Eberhard found Ferreth, who had just entered the goal area. With his back to the goal, the striker made the pivot and touched for the arrival of Lucas in the entrance of the area, who arrived beating the ball with a powerful shot.
Titles/Achievements : 3rd NS World Fair Champions|CoH 66 and 67 QFs|CE 17 3rd Place|Qualified for WCs 76-77
Hosted/Co-Hosted : Cup of Harmony 66 and 67|Baptism of Fire 61|Handball World Cup 14,Handball World Cup 15|Miller Cup I|Meski Cup I

Boring Paradise
Ambassador

Postby Boring Paradise » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Here is your cutoff

Matchday 4

Group 1

Thalamascia 1-0 Boring Paradise
Gadirya 0-0 Newmanistan

Group 1 Standings

1 Thalamascia 4 3 1 0 4 0 +4 10
2 Boring Paradise 3 2 0 1 5 3 +2 6
3 Tuzivachtu 3 1 1 1 3 2 +1 4
4 Newmanistan 3 0 1 2 1 4 -3 1
5 Gadirya 3 0 1 2 0 4 -4 1

Group 2

Racing 0-6 Super-Llamaland
Ethane 2-1 Batto Vitolo

Group 2 Standings

1 Super-Llamaland 3 2 1 0 10 3 +7 7
2 Technotica Incorporated 3 1 1 1 8 4 +4 4
3 Batto Vitolo 3 1 1 1 4 4 +0 4
4 Ethane 3 1 1 1 4 8 -4 4
5 Racing 4 1 0 3 7 14 -7 3

Group 3

Natanians and Nosts 0-2 Gregoryisgodistan
Tumbra 3-1 Copper Cuprum

Group 3 Standings

1 Gregoryisgodistan 3 3 0 0 9 0 +9 9
2 Tumbra 3 3 0 0 7 1 +6 9

3 Natanians and Nosts 4 1 1 2 4 7 -3 4
4 Copper Cuprum 3 0 1 2 3 9 -6 1
5 Raven Queen 3 0 0 3 1 7 -6 0

Group 4

Republic of Kaboomlandia 0-1 Nova Anglican AZE
Chiata 3-0 2nd Brazilian Empire

Group 4 Standings

1 Nova Anglican AZE 3 3 0 0 9 2 +7 9
2 Chiata 3 2 1 0 6 2 +4 7
3 Islana Lunigo 3 1 1 1 3 6 -3 4
4 Republic of Kaboomlandia 4 1 0 3 2 4 -2 3
5 2nd Brazilian Empire 3 0 0 3 1 7 -6 0

Group 5

Southern Sunrise Islands 1-3 Brenecia
Fhulghamous Peninsula 0-0 Coldfield

Group 5 Standings

1 Brenecia 3 3 0 0 11 3 +8 9
2 Coldfield 3 1 1 1 4 6 -2 4
3 Southern Sunrise Islands 4 1 1 2 3 6 -3 4
4 Mount Pleasant 3 1 0 2 3 4 -1 3
5 Fhulghamous Peninsula 3 0 2 1 0 2 -2 2

Group 6

Mattijana 1-1 Red Blackiland
Racao 1-1 Ceyna Isles

Group 6 Standings

1 Mattijana 4 2 2 0 4 2 +2 8
2 Red Blackiland 3 1 1 1 7 3 +4 4
3 Racao 3 1 1 1 3 3 +0 4
4 Optima Consortium 3 1 0 2 2 2 +0 3
5 Ceyna Isles 3 0 2 1 1 7 -6 2

Group 7

Jeckland 0-3 Northern Sunrise Islands
Port Christopher 2-1 Blackbone Bay

Group 7 Standings

1 Northern Sunrise Islands 3 3 0 0 6 0 +6 9
2 Port Christopher 3 2 0 1 3 2 +1 6
3 Jeckland 4 2 0 2 4 5 -1 6
4 San Lupan 3 1 0 2 1 3 -2 3
5 Blackbone Bay 3 0 0 3 2 6 -4 0

Group 8

Apox 1-1 Damukuni
Yttribia 2-3 Ummat Al-Haqiqa

Group 8 Standings

1 Damukuni 3 2 1 0 5 2 +3 7
2 Apox 4 2 1 1 6 4 +2 7
3 Ummat Al-Haqiqa 3 2 0 1 5 4 +1 6
4 Yttribia 3 1 0 2 6 8 -2 3
5 Nuovo Juvencus 3 0 0 3 2 6 -4 0

Best Places
WWISC 2 Runners Up
Hosted
Friendly Cup X

Super-Llamaland
Senator

Founded: Jan 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Super-Llamaland » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:00 am

Technotica Incorporated 2-3 Super-Llamaland

Starting Lineup: Bernholm; Strausberg (Lindberg 53), Wagner, Reichart, Abel; Santana, Vorobyov (Vesely 75), Candelario; Velasquez, Korborg (Penbrooke 58), Vincent
GOALS: unknown 15, 26; Velasquez 23, Penbrooke 65, 78

A shaky win to start the Campionato, but a win nevertheless. Curtis Steeling's experimental selection was exceptionally weak at the back, and the Tigers somehow conceded two goals within half an hour - only Eva Velasquez's magnificent free-kick kept the game close. The attack didn't seem to link up particularly well, either, with Axel Korborg completely anonymous. However, a few substitutions - including that of Ansel Penbrooke - changed the game entirely, and the Llamaneans were very strong in the second half. Ansel Penbrooke - rumored to be heading to Nepharim side Bishop after two years at Eastal Lunar - was especially brilliant, scoring a brace and ensuring the Tigers' win.

Super-Llamaland 1-1 Batto Vitolo

Starting Lineup: Blanton; Lindberg, Ynoa, Van Dijk, Abel; Santana, Vesely (Rodrigues 55), Candelario; Velasquez, Penbrooke (Trevelyan 86), Vorobyov (Möller 68)
GOALS: unknown 90+1, Vorobyov 64

A shaky first match was outshone by an even worse second match. Although "Explosive Football" earned the Tigers a few decent chances, Penbrooke and the rest of the attackers were unusually wasteful up front and it took until the sixty-fourth minute for the Llamaneans to earn the advantage, their thirteenth shot of the night finally making its way into the net. Unsatisfied with a one-nil, the Tigers continued to push, but they were sunk by a late penalty.

Racing 0-6 Super-Llamaland
Starting Lineup: Sheffield; Lindberg (Myers-Briggs 71), Ynoa, Reichart, Abel; Santana, Vorobyov (Rodrigues 62), Candelario; Velasquez, Penbrooke, Möller (Mandelbrot 50)
GOALS: Penbrooke 12, 34, 68, Möller 39, Candelario 72, Velasquez 45+2

Nothing short of dominance from a first-choice lineup who finally found their stride. The Tigers scored early and often, completely annihilating their opponents from Racing and looking far more energized than the past two matches. By the time Ansel Penbrooke completed his hat-trick, the match was essentially over. A performance the Llamaneans will be hoping to replicate.
The Eighth Llamanean Republic
Capital: New Llama City, Population: ~56,000,000
5x World Baseball Classic champion (28, 30, 31, 40, 42)
Yue Zhou • Savigliane

Boring Paradise
Ambassador

Postby Boring Paradise » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:58 pm

Here is your cutoff

Matchday 5

Group 1

Boring Paradise 1-1 Gadirya
Newmanistan 0-0 Tuzivachtu

Group 1 Standings

1 Thalamascia 4 3 1 0 4 0 +4 10
2 Boring Paradise 4 2 1 1 6 4 +2 7

3 Tuzivachtu 4 1 2 1 3 2 +1 5
4 Gadirya 4 0 2 2 1 5 -4 2
5 Newmanistan 4 0 2 2 1 4 -3 2

Group 2

Super-Llamaland 1-1 Ethane
Batto Vitolo 1-0 Technotica Incorporated

Group 2 Standings

1 Super-Llamaland 4 2 2 0 11 4 +7 8
2 Batto Vitolo 4 2 1 1 5 4 +1 7

3 Ethane 4 1 2 1 5 9 -4 5
4 Technotica Incorporated 4 1 1 2 8 5 +3 4
5 Racing 4 1 0 3 7 14 -7 3

Group 3

Gregoryisgodistan 2-0 Tumbra
Copper Cuprum 0-2 Raven Queen

Group 3 Standings

1 Gregoryisgodistan 4 4 0 0 11 0 +11 12
2 Tumbra 4 3 0 1 7 3 +4 9

3 Natanians and Nosts 4 1 1 2 4 7 -3 4
4 Raven Queen 4 1 0 3 3 7 -4 3
5 Copper Cuprum 4 0 1 3 3 11 -8 1

Group 4

Nova Anglican AZE 1-0 Chiata
2nd Brazilian Empire 0-3 Islana Lunigo

Group 4 Standings

1 Nova Anglican AZE 4 4 0 0 10 2 +8 12
2 Chiata 4 2 1 1 6 3 +3 7

3 Islana Lunigo 4 2 1 1 6 6 +0 7
4 Republic of Kaboomlandia 4 1 0 3 2 4 -2 3
5 2nd Brazilian Empire 4 0 0 4 1 10 -9 0

Chiata advances on GD

Group 5

Brenecia 2-1 Fhulghamous Peninsula
Coldfield 3-5 Mount Pleasant

Group 5 Standings

1 Brenecia 4 4 0 0 13 4 +9 12
2 Mount Pleasant 4 2 0 2 8 7 +1 6

3 Southern Sunrise Islands 4 1 1 2 3 6 -3 4
4 Coldfield 4 1 1 2 7 11 -4 4
5 Fhulghamous Peninsula 4 0 2 2 1 4 -3 2

Group 6

Red Blackiland 1-0 Racao
Ceyna Isles 1-0 Optima Consortium

Group 6 Standings

1 Mattijana 4 2 2 0 4 2 +2 8
2 Red Blackiland 4 2 1 1 8 3 +5 7

3 Ceyna Isles 4 1 2 1 2 7 -5 5
4 Racao 4 1 1 2 3 4 -1 4
5 Optima Consortium 4 1 0 3 2 3 -1 3

Group 7

Northern Sunrise Islands 0-1 Port Christopher
Blackbone Bay 1-0 San Lupan

Group 7 Standings

1 Northern Sunrise Islands 4 3 0 1 6 1 +5 9
2 Port Christopher 4 3 0 1 4 2 +2 9

3 Jeckland 4 2 0 2 4 5 -1 6
4 Blackbone Bay 4 1 0 3 3 6 -3 3
5 San Lupan 4 1 0 3 1 4 -3 3

NSI takes 1st on GD

Group 8

Damukuni 1-1 Yttribia
Ummat Al-Haqiqa 2-2 Nuovo Juvencus

Group 8 Standings

1 Damukuni 4 2 2 0 6 3 +3 8
2 Apox 4 2 1 1 6 4 +2 7

3 Ummat Al-Haqiqa 4 2 1 1 7 6 +1 7
4 Yttribia 4 1 1 2 7 9 -2 4
5 Nuovo Juvencus 4 0 1 3 4 8 -4 1

Apox takes 2nd on GD
Last edited by Boring Paradise on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Best Places
WWISC 2 Runners Up
Hosted
Friendly Cup X

Apox
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:48 am

Nuovo Juvencus 0-1 Apox Palmisano J. 77'
NUJ: Unnamed
APX: Anaximander -- Treloquithack, Raynerson, Jekyll, Fowey -- Townsend, Llangolan, Palmisano, J. (c), Benzari -- Palmisano, L., Gandhi, A.

The spectacle for Apox's third group game of the nineteenth Campionato Esportiva was not what you'd call an elegant performance. It's clear for all to see that this is very much still a team finding it's way back into the football world. The first half was a disjointed performance, Lucan Palmisano and Alpha Gandhi are still yet to completely sync up in attack, and it showed with Gandhi occasionally cutting up Palmisano's runs. Llorent Llangolan, making his debut today, was a barely controlled ball of carnage in the first half, unfortunately impacting both sides in that. The second half was more promising though, and Lucan Palmisano twice tested the nerves of Nuovo Juvencus' keeper. The deciding goal came in the end in the 77th minute, with Llorent Llangolan finding space through the midfield, before slipping a curving ball round the Juvencan defender to Lucan Palmisano. The Juvencan keeper pulled off an outstanding shot to deny Palmisano his first international goal, but his older brother James was rushing in from the edge of the box to bury it in the top left corner to seal the win.

Apox 1-1 Damukuni Vayne 13', Townsend 33'
APX: Anaximander -- Treloquithack, Gandhi, O., Jekyll, Fowey -- Mormentor -- Townsend, Palmisano, J. (c) (Ibrox 78'), Benzari -- Palmisano, L. (Montanari 67'), Gandhi, A.
DKI: Korenaga -- Hawkins, Doyle, Catanese -- Bennett -- Dietrich (Kakuza 61'), Rivera, Sendō, Endō -- Vayne (c), Nishigome (Jones 80')

A nervous and testy affair, Apox's final group stage match against the top seeds, Damukuni. Gavin Hughes has been opting to play a pretty settled starting line-up so far this Campionato, and it appears to be paying off, with a creditable draw against the top seeds. However, after thirteen minutes, it didn't look like a creditable draw would be on the cards, with the Apoxian team looking definitely second best, Halyos Anaximander already making a frankly ridiculous save to deny Semia Sendō scoring a wundergoal. In the end, the Damukuni captain, Margaret Vayne was the one to break the deadlock, showing good strength to muscle Osmosis Gandhi off the ball, before firing a shot past Anaximander in goal.

However, the Apoxians dug in, and slowly the footballing tide turned, with Imriel Townsend in particular being pivotal to the success of the team and Wizzard Mormentor having a strong game, marshalling the defence and controlling the run of play from his withdraw midfield position. It was this that led to the Apoxian equaliser, as Mormentor picked out Lucan Palmisano up front, who had just about remained onside. Breaking forwards, the Korenaga run out to cut him off, but he selflessly squared the ball to the incoming Imriel Townsend who scored easily in front of the open goal, her first for the national team. The strong Damukuni line-up pressed heavily in the secodn half, and Osmosis Gandhi in particular had a good game, the defensive heroics more than anything to thank for the final score.

Boring Paradise
Ambassador

Postby Boring Paradise » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:25 am

Round of 16 Draw

Based off 1v16, 2v15 etc...
Cutoff for Ro16 will be 21st April at 8PM UTC

Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Gregoryisgodistan 4 4 0 0 11 0 +11 12
2 Brenecia 4 4 0 0 13 4 +9 12
3 Nova Anglican AZE 4 4 0 0 10 2 +8 12
4 Thalamascia 4 3 1 0 4 0 +4 10
5 Northern Sunrise Islands 4 3 0 1 6 1 +5 9
6 Tumbra 4 3 0 1 7 3 +4 9
7 Port Christopher 4 3 0 1 4 2 +2 9
8 Super-Llamaland 4 2 2 0 11 4 +7 8
9 Damukuni 4 2 2 0 6 3 +3 8
10 Mattijana 4 2 2 0 4 2 +2 8
11 Red Blackiland 4 2 1 1 8 3 +5 7
12 Chiata 4 2 1 1 6 3 +3 7
13 Apox 4 2 1 1 6 4 +2 7
14 Boring Paradise 4 2 1 1 6 4 +2 7
15 Batto Vitolo 4 2 1 1 5 4 +1 7
16 Mount Pleasant 4 2 0 2 8 7 +1 6

Full layout

Gregoryisgodistan vs Mount Pleasent @Paradisia North Park
Brenecia vs Batto Vitolo @Boratio Park
Nova Anglican AZE vs Boring Paradise @Cradle Park
Thalamascia vs Apox @Primal Stadium
Northern Sunrise Islands vs Chiata @St. Malik's Stadium
Tumbra vs Red Blackiland @Old Blue Park
Port Christopher vs Mattijana @Rekrob Stadium
Super-Llamaland vs Damukuni @Bylinial Stadium

Best Places
WWISC 2 Runners Up
Hosted
Friendly Cup X

Red Blackiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Red Blackiland » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:21 am

Wickednesses

RB fans in the match against Mattijana

Daddy came home, threw his jacket on the couch, opened the refrigerator, and shouted,
- No beer, no way!
Mom wanted to say something, but Dad was faster:
"You can not even buy a beer!"
Mom turned, left the kitchen, entered the room and saw the little boy picking the rice cookie from the green bowl with his right hand.
- Little pig. How many times have I told you to use the spoon!
And paft in the head of the little boy, who left half crying, half grunting from the table and went to the room.
There, before throwing himself in bed, little boy took revenge on Mom by tearing the head of the doll that was in the little sister's hand.
Anna could do nothing against her big brother. And when he went to pick up the shredded little head in the hallway, he kicked Rex, the family mongrel.
Rex felt pain, was a puppy of nothing, and thought it best to go under the stairs.
It was a dark place, cold and dusty.
A great hiding place.

Mattijana 1-1 Red Blackiland

The balance between Mattijana and Red Blackiland was the highlight of the first stage. The 'visitors' started the game with more possession and scared Eberhard's blocked kick. But the 'home team' arrived well with a beautiful kick of Struna, which Hargreaves slashed.
The minutes passed and Red Blackiland tried to find spaces, but had difficulties to find spaces in the strong markation of Mattijana. In a rare moment of carelessness, Schwartz gave a nice pass to Ferreth, who entered the area and kicked the ball. Burnisevič fell well to save the 'home team'.
The next leg caught fire at St. Malik's Stadium in Grepolnesia. Playing well, Mattijana wanted victory. Adrianov and Weiss stamped the crossbar. By the 28th minute of the second half, Weiss opened the scoresheet receiving a cross from the left side, the player jumped to make a great headup in the left corner of Hargreaves' net. In the sequence, controversy. After crossing Peri, Shacker deflected and Handanović managed to 'save' it. The referee didn't validate the goal for Red Blackiland. After it we could see a very close match. Shortly afterwards, Lekarisa missed a chance to expand. And Red Blackiland did not forgive. In the end, Schwartz gave a great pass to Shacker, who left everything the same.

Red Blackiland 1-0 Racao

In this game, did not miss: seasoning, will, faults, balls on the beam, controversy and goal. And the winner of the group's decisive game was Red Blackiland, who had to overcome the error of refereeing, who wrongly expelled Shacker in a foul that Ferreth committed and missed Racao 1-0 with a goal from Carmona.
The game began at full speed, with Shacker kicking from the entrance of the area and hitting Sakoto's cross. The game was picked up in the initial stage, with a series of cards being distributed to both sides. On the score of 22 minutes, Andrianajaka hit sideways into the area, Mosa caught first, also hit the crossbar.
All was well, until just before the break. However, in the 42nd minute, Andrianajaka pulled counterattack and was pulled by Ferreth on top and touched by Defour underneath. The referee, who was very close to the lance, however, saw Shacker's tipping, giving the second yellow and then ejecting the Red Blackiland's defensive midfielder. On the Racao side, they said it was the defensive midfielder. On the other, Red Blackiland's athletes explained that it had been Ferreth. Nothing done. The referee insisted that the fault was for Shacker, who left the pitch desolate. If there was a lack of controversy in the match, it came in the worst way.
The complementary stage was of a Racao more present in the field of attack. Red Blackiland, however, was the one who frightened Eberhard's cross in the 15th minute of the second half, and in Schwartz's header, Sakoto sacked in the 21st minute. Racao had some chances with Ravalomanana, with a kick that passed near the left crossbar, and a dangerous header from Arivelo. Red Blackiland was increasingly closing and managed to neutralize the attacks of the rival. Then, in the 41st minute, after kicking the Red Blackiland attack. Rabalasoa tried to protect, but he lost the ball to Eberhard. He advanced and rolled to Carmona, who had just entered, sent the ball to the goal and decree Red Blackiland's triumph.
Last edited by Red Blackiland on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boring Paradise
Ambassador

Postby Boring Paradise » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Another cutoff

Results:
Gregoryisgodistan 7-0 Mount Pleasant
Damukuni 2-1 Super-Llamaland
Thalamascia 0-1 Apox
Northern Sunrise Islands 2-1 Chiata
Brenecia 3-0 Batto Vitolo
Port Christopher 1-0 Mattijana
Boring Paradise 2-1 Nova Anglican AZE
Red Blackiland 0-0 Tumbra (1-0 AET)

Fixtures:

Winners Side:
Gregoryisgodistan vs Damukuni
Apox vs Northern Sunrise Islands
Brenecia vs Port Christopher
Boring Paradise vs Red Blackiland

Losers Side
Mount Pleasant vs Super-Llamaland
Thalamascia vs Chiata
Batto Vitolo vs Mattijana
Nova Anglican AZE vs Tumbra
Last edited by Boring Paradise on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Best Places
WWISC 2 Runners Up
Hosted
Friendly Cup X

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports