NATION

PASSWORD

XII Winter Olympics — Roleplay thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Unified Beretania
Attaché

Founded: Apr 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Beretania » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:59 pm

Albavona Capitol Sentinel

Olympic Brief: Day 6 brings silver medal from Ortega as rest of delegation struggles

Though Unified Beretania got off to a stellar start, many of Beretania's best winter athletes have struggled in competition the past few days. Perhaps the huge Odessa Descoteaux DNF was an omen of things to come. Or perhaps not, as many high profile events are left on the schedule for Unified Beretania, particularly with men's and women's figure skating and women's snowboarding. Beretanian medals prospects should improve in the coming days.

Despite the slump, another silver medal trickled in, this one from Aaron Ortega, in the men's alpine skiing super combined event. Ortega finished with a time of 1:53.23. Boris Romanov finished fourty fifth, with a time of 1:56.76, and Christian Horn, Beretania's best skier in the event, did not finish at all.

In men's curling, Unified Beretania lost its first match to Tropicorp, 11-3.

In the pairs figure skating short program, where the UBNOC did not consider Beretania's skaters to be competitive, Aisha Millicent Faulkner and DeVon Andrews currently sit in nineteenth with a score of 64.69. Leticia Rodriguez and Esteban Martinez are right behind them in twentieth, with a score of 64.55. Claire Pennington and Peter Sharpe were eliminated from the short program final, finishing in seventieth, with a 44.71 score. Faulkner and Andrews, as well as Rodriguez and Martinez have their work cut out for them, but all realistic expectation is that the pair cannot challenge the top of the field. The focus of the UBNOC coming into the Electrum Olympics was on Jenna Singh in the women's individual competition, and Royal Wall in the men's.

The Unified Beretania women's ice hockey team lost to Elejamie 4-0, an expected result, as support and funding from the UBNOC in ice hockey and curling has been severely curtailed prior to the Olympics.

Jessica Days came nowhere close to medaling after her third and fourth runs in skeleton. She ended up in fifty second when all was said and done. Her total time after all four runs was 3:40.40.

The biggest disappointment of Day 6 was in the women's halfpipe final in snowboarding. Tori Love, Sudeepta Maharaj and Storm Hammond were all represented in the final and knocking on the door of a medal. By day's end, Love was the top Beretanian, her score 86.50, well outside of medal range. Fan favorite Hammond sat at 82.50 in thirteenth place.

In speed skating, Bonnielee Austin-McDermon came up plenty short herself, tied for twenty fourth with Hilf au Chang of VLE in the women's 1000 m. Melanie Fichtenberg finished fifty ninth, and Virginia Bills-McCown finished at the back of the pack in seventy fourth.

The medal tally for Unified Beretania in Electrum after six days of competition is three gold, two silver and zero bronze. Unififed Beretania is one medal away from matching its tally in Cafundeu.

Athlete Bio Becky Stevens
Sport: Alpine Skiing
Hometown: Albavona

Becky Stevens is a humble and down to earth athlete who didn't ask to be in the spotlight. She doesn't crave attention like some in the delegation (Skyleigh Paramour, anyone?). Stevens has had the attention of the media focused on her ever since she injured her knee during competition in the Winter Universiade I in Wrycrev, Kosovakia.

You may be one of those who question why Becky Stevens has been getting so much media coverage, especially since she was never expected to challenge for a medal here in Electrum anyway. If that's you, just ask yourself this: would you be able to ski in pre-Olympic international competition, sprain your LCL, and with less than a month recovery time, turn around and prepare to compete in the Olympics? Because that's precisely what Stevens is attempting to accomplish. At twenty one, Stevens is doing what most people would never be able to do in a lifetime.

Maybe Becky Stevens is not a medal contender, but she is a brave young Beretanian and that counts for something. The risk for re-injury during her Olympic run is high, even with a knee brace for stability. And with a compressed recovery time, anything more than the isolated knee sprain Stevens suffered in Wrycrev would have crushed her Olympic dreams on the slopes of Kosovakia. While she doesn't expect to medal, Becky says what is important is that she is here in Electrum.

"Injuries are part of sports. Just having a second chance to be here in Prescott is special, and I'm so thankful to the doctors and medical staff in Kosovakia for all their help. Skiing is my life. I'm just going to ski my heart out and leave it all out there," Stevens said.

The Olympics aren't just about the medals. They are equally about the personal stories that inspire us. And for Becky Stevens, the story is about pushing herself to the limit, just for the opportunity, the privilege of competing at all, and that's why she has gotten so much attention. Becky Stevens is the ultimate underdog and Beretanians love to root for the underdog.

"It was just heartbreaking. I saw Becky fall backwards and then I saw her just sitting there on the course and I saw her grab her knee, and I knew it was serious," her father Brian recalls. He was on hand in Wrycrev to cheer his daughter on. He said being driven to the hospital behind the ambulance was the longest fifteen minutes of his life.

An injury like the one Becky Stevens had is quite rare. Usually an LCL injury occurs in combination with an ACL or MCL injury. It was quite fortuitous for Stevens because it opened a small window for her to recover enough in time to compete. She still has to work hard every day, traveling each morning into the city of Prescott for low impact physical therapy.

"She never complains. She's up bright and early every morning, enthusiastic and ready to go. She's not a quitter," said Veronica Johnson, an Albavona physical therapist that was flown to Electrum to assist Stevens.

First thing in the morning, delegation medical staff pick her up in the athlete's village and drive her into town. After a leisurely breakfast, it's down to work. Becky has been on a light physical therapy program, which is gradually being increased. She is in physical therapy until eleven in the morning, with frequent breaks in between. Following a hearty lunch in the city, Becky heads to hydrotherapy before heading back to the athlete's village to rest.

"We are throwing everything at her and Becky's a real trooper. This effort is all for one day, and it's the biggest day of her life. We are being very careful with her knee but we are pushing her to the limit. There's been times where the frustration is palpable, but still she stays positive. She doesn't hide her emotions. I just want to see those tears of frustration become tears of joy," Johnson said.

"This is my dream, and I'm so close. My dad has stood behind me all this time, and he knows I never give up. If anything, hurting my knee only makes me a stronger, better person, because I know I can overcome any challenge," Stevens said.

If her progress continues at the current pace, Becky Stevens will be cleared in time to compete on Day 13.
Last edited by Unified Beretania on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Magic Millions National Lottery: (Jul 31) 7, 25, 29, 31, 32 Power Number: 8
Jackpot: $34,600,000
Hurricane watch: Hurricane Hugo to miss Beretania's east coast
Weather: Albavona- 64°, cloudy with evening showers
News Brief: Election Coverage:
Mayor of Albavona
Alyce Bruce 52%
Geoffrey Hampton 48%

Vice Mayor of Albavona
Chandra Byers 70%
Tameeka Durant 30%

Ward 10
Coy Potter 59%
Georgia Patrick (incumbent) 41%

The Redvale
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Redvale » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:41 pm

OOC: Sorry, busyness is getting to me. So this post isn't really what I wanted. Expect a return to my usual Olympics posts pretty soon.
Corinne Winslow & Michi Hanari
Somewhere in Prescott, Electrum

The two hockey players had been held by the democratic rebels for... A week? Six days? Corinne wasn't sure, and neither was Michi. They knew that they had been taken while they were out at town before the Opening Ceremony, but they didn't know how long they had been held here and they didn't know where they were other than the fact that they were in a hotel room. Corinne had a plan to get out, but it hadn't come to fruition yet because it required the circumstances to be perfect.

They only got a couple of chances every day, when the Legion rebels allowed them to come out of the closet to go to the bathroom and eat and drink. Corinne had spotted the area where they were keeping her phone, and had figured out that if she and Michi could steal that phone, they could make a quick call for help that could likely be tracked back to a location, telling the authorities where they had to go to rescue them. But getting the phone was easier said than done. "I believe this is the time when they're about to let us out," she said quietly to Michi as they sat in the closet, still tied up.

"Yeah? Well we're also almost at the time when they're going to kill us if the Redvali government doesn't release their prisoners," said Michi, with a sigh. "So let's hope this plan of yours finally works."

"You think I don't have a a backup plan? Since they never turned their backs, we'll have to go with something a little bit different. I'm going to need you to make a distraction, and get the attention of all of them with something crazy, and I'm going to grab the phone and try to make a call when I'm in the bathroom," Corinne replied. "It's the only chance we have of getting out of here alive, unless the cops finally show up and do something with about a day left on their week deadline..."

"Or we have the dates wrong and they're going to kill us today as soon as this closest opens," Michi said, never the most optimistic one.

"Right. Are you helping me or not?"

"Of course I am... At least we have a chance of survival this way. A slim one at that, but a chance."
Puppet of Anglatia. An FanT/MT crossover nation ruled by a pantheon of gods and their chosen prophets.
Sporting Achievements: Global Cup of Soccer 2 Champion, NSCF 15 & 16 Mineral Conference champion. Winter Olympic Medals: 4 G, 5 S, 4 B

OOC: Nationalist, & Populist. #FreeKekistan

Furbish Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Furbish Islands » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:49 pm

Days 6 and 7

Due to a blizzard that has hit Furby City, we couldn't put up yesterday's results. We will put them up today.

For the first day, the alpine skiing team didn't get any medals. It was the same for the second.

But the men's bandy team had good results. They beat Cosumar 8 to 5, getting them far ahead of the group. They currently won 2 out of 2 games.

There are also good results from the women's curling team. Qasden is currently ahead in the group, and the team beat them 9 to 10. It was a very close game, and put the team tied for first in the group. They would be the first if they played another game.

For men's ice hockey, the team won a game against Redvale by 1 point. They are also tied for first i the group. They would've been first if they played another game.

Also, for women's yukigassen, the team beat Lisianski 2 to 1, causing them to be ahead in the group.

For day 7, on women's bandy, the team beat Turori in bandy 8 to 2. That is a very spectacular victory, and even if the team doesn't win in bandy, they will be treated like it when they get home.

Then men's curling team also beat Aurentina 10 to 9, and the group stats are remarkably similar to the women's curling.

There was also the first game for curling mixed doubles. It was a little different, since there were 2 draws in one day. The team only played 1 game. It was against Darmen, and the team won 8 to 6.

The women's ice hockey team has completely made up their loss at the beginning. The beat West Saintland 4 to 1. The team is currently first in the group with 7 points.

But the most surprising results were the men's synchronized skating. The team got first place, beating the next runner up by almost 6.5 points. This is very surprising, since the team has a notoriously unskilled skating team.

Tomorrow, there will be an interview with some team members.

-Courtney Driscoll, FISN reporter

(OOC: The top panel was based off the one made by Kosovakia, so don't give me any credit)
Ðe United Provinces and Territories of Ðe Furbiſh Iſlands
Sic semper tyrannis!
Population: 283.503.325
GDP: $10,095 trillion
Currency: Furbish Guilder, ƒ1 = $1,9655
Monarch: Willem van Orange-Nassau
Stadtholder: Adjoa Iſamaan
Prime Minister: Arthur Trudeau

A social liberal Pacific island paradise, formerly a
Dutch, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish colony.
Computer science major and stereotypical nerd.
Russian, born in Israel, currently in
Massachusetts, the best state in the US.

This country is mostly based on my RL beliefs.
FBC News: Dover Man Charged With Assault With Deadly Weapon After Throwing Alligator Through Denny's Drive-Thru Window | Three New High Speed Rail Corridors Clear Environmental Review

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:27 pm

Dimitri Romanov's Apartment
Athlete's Village
Prescott, Electrum

“We got our first medal today,” Dimitri announced into his cell phone.

Kicked back in a chair, he sipped lazily from a beer with his free hand.

“Sure, it’s bronze. But at least we aren’t gonna get blanked.” He paused as a muffled voice on the other end spoke rapidly. “No sir… believe me. It was a serious worry among the team. Seems even our A-Team athletes are having some issues keeping up with the competition this year.”

His stomach gurgled abruptly.

“No… no sir. It’s not the food. The food is… uh… delicious! The locals sure put some extra power into whatever it is they’re feeding us. Pretty sure I saw thruster flames coming out of Jan as we did our trial runs this morning.”

The voice replied back from the other end of the line.

“Yes sir… I’m being facetious. Why would anyone believe it’s ethical to shove a jet engine in someone’s ass? What? Wait… no. NO! That is not an option. I don’t care if it’s a guaranteed win. What happens after we’re done and he’s retired? Do we get some poor Army Surgeon to cut it out? Oh… you’re also being facetious. Ok… I see how this game works.”

Another swig of beer and he continued.

“Anyways boss, I need to run… Literally, actually…”

He sprung up, throwing the phone across the room as Dimitri hauled for the bathroom. Those gurgles had been a warning unheeded.

“Good evening, Neu Engollon and to our International viewers. You’re watching the NETV 7 Special coverage of the Twelfth Winter Olympics in Prescott, Electrum.

I’m Karl Demais, and this is my co-host, Magda Wertauer. Magda, it’s been a momentous few days here in Prescott and really some records set and a lot of history for someone to write up in many corners of the multiverse. I don’t think anyone could have predicted some of the fantastical things we’ve seen here at this edition of the Olympics, not just with Teremarans but for all the delegations.”

“Karl, you’re not kidding. Really, I’d love for us to be able to cover everything and all the wonderful underdog stories, amazing athletes and incredible victories that we’ve witnessed, but we only have a half hour until we go back to more live coverage of events. We have to try to focus on Teremara and the athletes that our region has sent to Prescott.”

“I know you’re right, Magda, but still...So much. So, let’s look at Teremara is being represented here in Electrum. One surprising factor has been the failure of many Falkasians to medal. Falkasia is known as a winter sport powerhouse and probably the most stable in northern Tavlyria. Yet...Where are they?”

“Well, Karl, we know they got off the plane there, we saw them strutting during the opening ceremony. But you’re right, it’s been odd the off performances of their athletes have had here, considering all that was expected.
Take Valerian Larashenko, the cross country skier who pulled down some gold during the 11th Winter Olympics, again here in Prescott. Top International competitor that everyone thought would have a repeat performance. So far, Falkasia has won two bronze, with Larashenko grabbing one in his last event, just in front of our own Neu Engollian Maurice Giovalo, who took 4th. The other bronze went to Liljan Mogen for Skeleton.”

“Contrast that with Glisandia, the little Duchy that could, if you will. War torn Glisandia...If you remember we did that piece a little ways back about how they were going to great lengths to protect the athletes so they could even get them here alive. There was a real concern that they were a target for the Thrandee, the fanatical fighters of the Holy Domain, the Christian fanatical rebels. They made it and boy did they…They are racking in the wins and it’s been very impressive.”

“Absolutely. Arne Fedurczuski took gold in Super Combined Alpine Skiing today, and you could see a lot of the crowd going ecstatic. Vincent Hud on of Neu Engollon took 6th, by the way. Anders Brzinski took a silver in the men’s individual normal hill ski jumping, and Maríam Kársdottir got her second medal, this one a silver also, in the Women’s 1000 meter speed skating event. Also, Stanislasz Østergård took second place yesterday in the men’s 500 meter sprint speed skate, just in front of fellow Teremaran, Helmut Steiner of Austrakia. The Glisandian women’s Yukigassen and curling teams are leading their groups and looking strong…”

“They are just nailing it. I think it can be kind of crass to resort to the medal count, but it’s effective to illustrate a point, Magda, which is that no one thought that little Glisandia would be at this level of having the third highest total of medals, with only Asteran and the host, Electrum, ahead of them. 1 Gold, 3 each of Silver and Bronze, and they show no signs of slowing down.”

“Definitely well illustrated. So, moving on from the Glisandians, we can tell you that both the men’s and women’s Teremaran Unified hockey teams are doing very well, and I think it’s safe to say that they’re leading their groups. The YSR Yukigassen team is tied for first right now with Furby Island in their group. We’ll cover a little bit of that later, as that is a fascinating sport, snowball fighting.”

“It is very unique and quite astounding how they turned it into a sport, Magda.”

“It is...What else? Neu Engollon is dominating their group with 3 solid wins in men’s curling. Tommy Pirscala took a bronze in men’s moguls…”

“Astrid Strittburg of Austrakia took gold in women’s 15 kilometer in biathlon. So, that’s shooting on skis, and a very contentious subject if you ask many Neu Engollians, who pride themselves on their shooting and skiing and combined skills. We are home to the legendary hero Wilhelm Tell, after all. To lose to our eastern neighbor, who there have been several conflicts with over the centuries, just might send some old timers over the edge.”

“But it’s a new age, people, and we need to get behind the unified Teremaran spirit. There’s no need for politics now, not with these events that bond all athletes together.”

“Well said, Magda. So, we’ll have to get back to you all after the sponsor break coming up here. When we get back, we’ll go more in depth and have a couple on site interviews with some Teremaran athletes from Dom Toglani, who’s on loan to us from NETV Sports 19. Thanks for staying tuned in to the Special Winter Olympics Coverage here on NETV Sports 7. We’ll be back after the break…”

Ekaterine, Falkasia

“So… we won a bronze medal?” The Premier mumbled out loud.

The words left his mouth in an unusual manner, as if he didn’t quite believe them or their quality.

“By this time last year, we had three golds and a silver. All we have is a bronze? Look… a medal is a medal regardless of color. I’m just glad we can go and support our region and maybe send a message to the world that some of the best athletes come out of Falkasia.”

“Especially hockey,” Andrei, the elusive FSIS Director-General added from across the room. “Trust me Premier, we’ve taken the necessary liberties to ensure they have the best opportunity possible.”

The Premier went steely-eyed and pierced a hole right through his subordinate.

“No. No assassinations. No sabotage. NO monkey business. Am I clear? I know how you operate Andrei! Normally I don’t give a shit, but not here. This is a major sporting event, and I don’t need you or your guys gallivanting around and shooting the place up in the name of national security! No cloak-and-dagger stuff.”

The other man sighed. “No Vladimir… nothing like that. Why do you always assume I’m some megalomaniac hell-bent on world domination?”

“You run my mostly-independent intelligence agency, which regularly subverts the governments of nations the world over. That pretty much checks off all the boxes.”

Andrei shrugged. “I can’t really argue against that, to be honest. Then again, all we planned to do was hire a bunch of locals to cheer us on at the games. You know, some reverse psychology especially if we end up playing the local Electrum team. Who can win if their own fans are against them?”

“That…” Vladimir paused as the thoughts visibly wormed through his brain, “is actually genius… If you can get me a budgetary estimate, we may just go through with this hair-brained plan of your’s.”

“Or maybe I just go around you and approve it myself?” He replied mockingly. “I run a mostly-independent intelligence agency, which regularly subverts the governments of nations the world over after all.”

“Don’t test me Andrei! You’re not funny.” Vladimir screamed as he turned his attention elsewhere. “Get me that budget, and we’ll go from there.”

[CREDIT: RP Courtesy of Falkasia and Neu Engollon]
Last edited by Teremara Caretaker on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This account is representative for all the affairs of Teremara. TG me about membership.
Teremara Regional Application Thread

Spaam
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Spaam » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Winter Olympics News

Thethana Starts Campaign With Win

Spaam's Winter Olympic flag-bearer and 5-time Spaamanian Curling League MVP Giserana Thethana has started her campaign for gold with an emphatic win over Cosumar pairing of Arkhip Bravenboer and Keeley Ess. Giserana and her partner Frandal Shakrana started the match poorly, as the Cosumar pair, who had earlier won their match against Main Nation Ministry, managed to get 4 stones in the first end. However, the Spaamanian representatives chipped away at that lead consistently over the next six ends, winning every one and build up a commanding 10-4 lead going into the last. Needing seven to win, Cosumar only managed two after smart defensive play. The result was a commanding win, being the only team to win six ends and get a double-digit score on the first day. With four more matches to go, they will be looking forward to their upcoming game against the Ethane pair of Adam Healey and Grace Peakins who are unbeaten so far after two rounds.

Danalas Out Of Short Program

Tyramar and Lilitala Danala were unable to progress from the Pairs Short Program of Figure Skating, finishing out of the top twenty-four. Finishing in 55th place with a score of 52.76, they would be disappointed with their performance, which was over ten points off the 24th place Vilitan pair of Ritzvi Morena and Jaliina Ritalii. With the Free Skate event tomorrow, they will be looking to make amends and progress past the first round, but with the high quality of skating being demonstrated in these games, especially by gold medal favourites Vanse Kikalvo and Ankya Ribiskesku of Vekaiyu, it will be a challenge for them.
Last edited by Spaam on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yes, that Spaam
Runner-up WC7, WC13 & CoH24, Third WC6 & CoH20
(Co-)Host CoH3, CoH19, CoH20, CoH22, BoF19, BoF65, IC3
Winner AFLC3, Runner-up QWC7
(Co-)Host UC5, QWC7
Rugby League Scorinator

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:15 am

This is your Day 7 cut-off. The Prescottian roads are quite similar to the ones in DK Pass.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Mount Pleasant
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Pleasant » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:31 am

Day 7: The Day of Few, but Major Things.

Marley's Park

Jeanine Tasker stubbed her last cigarette into the ground as she disembarked the ski lift. She needed a mind as clear as day and no irritations. No distractions. And certainly not having anyone affect her composure. However, she couldn't get that thought out of her head. The Super-G course at Marley's Park was devilish. She had seen so many of her competitors wipe out, skid to a halt or miss a gate. And that fear of crashing out came back to her. Hard. She asked her coach nearby for just one more cigarette. Hiwever, all he had was an empty pack of Yoke's. And she was called up to the starting gate.

For the first time in her career, her legs were trembling.

The Downhill Damsel was in distress.

Take a deep breath. A second one. Three. Two. One. Go. Take the first section clean. No need to pick up too much space. Smooth turns. Don't overdo it. Left leg buckled a little, but it's easy to recover. Now a steep downhill bit. Now the momentum truly matters. Weave those turns in and out. Keep your knee steady. Don't slow down too much. In, out, in. Small jump. Now it's time to give everything you got. Cut this turn hard. Marianela did something similar on her downhill. Almost the same turn, but slower. Cut the gate. No time to pull out now. Land. Turn.

Her left knee went under completely, and she was on the ground for a horrifying quarter second, as the orange fencing came into view. That exact same moment of fear that she experienced in the Gentle Invitational came back to haunt her. And the dreadful year of recovery flashed through Her mind in that short, momentary quarter-second. Jeanine stuck her right ski out to combat the fall, and in that instant she got right back up. However, all her momentum was gone. Medal chances instantly faded away. She coasted across the line. She needed a cigarette. She approached her coach again.

And suddenly, he had a full pack of Yoke's.

Courtesy of Kip Cockburn.

Etienne Jumping Centre

Vivienne Avery was in the zone for her training. Or so she hoped. She was going to snatch a medal. Or so she hoped. No matter what, she tried to correct her in-flight posture. Nothing could help. Her coach would correct her every now and then, but then she'd repeat mistakes in her practice jumps. Every time. She was, in as few words as possible, in complete disarray.

Nathaniel Pelley arrived to assist Vivienne in her training, but Nathaniel could tell nothing that we was suggesting was going to work. Nothing whatsoever. As much as he teased her, there was only one thing that Pelley had on his mind to help Avery out. And thankfully, what he had in mind was the only thing Avery had in her's. He took his time to make a phone call.

Athlete's Village

Vivienne stumbled off the coach frustated and angry at herself. Ignore it. Vivienne's phone buzzed as she turned it back on. Ignore. Vivienne made her way to the front door. Now she couldn't ignore this.

"To the best person I know,

Nathaniel called me earlier. Told me you had a rough training session. I have no doubt it was the Confession article a couple days ago that got into your head.

Well...as much as the Confession is nothing more than gossip and smalltalk, I would like to...talk something with you. I'm no master of words, so I'm not sure if what I wrote next accurately describes what I feel.

You saw me yesterday, surely? On the TV. If so, tell me how I did, please. It didn't feel right, jumping without you at the bottom. I've done plenty of jumps before this, without anyone at the bottom to tell me how I did.

But those two jumps, I couldn't put my mind to it without you telling me how great of a jump that was, making sure I was okay, and still giving me s*** about the Telemark. You didn't ask me to talk to you today, and that left me heartbroken. I don't know if heartbroken was the right word, but...

I miss you.

And Nat had a hunch you missed me too.

Please see me outside the cafe for breakfast tomorrow morning. Let's meet then, Vivi. To talk.

- Fabian Cliff."

National Electrum University -- Prescott Campus

Kelly Morgenstern waited across the street from the main gate of the campus. The early afternoon sun made conditions considerably less chilly in Prescott, but Morgenstern still had her hoodie over her head and zipped up to the neck. She was shivering outside. The Elejamie make hockey team bus emerged from the gate, turning right to head back to the Athlete's Village. Rachel Greenspan and Antoinette Serafino definitely would've followed that bus back. Hell, Kelly reckoned they'd cling into the rear bumper, risking the diesel fumes and bumps on the road just to follow them.

Not Kelly, though. One team member wasn't on the bus, though. The bruiser. The young gun from Longford University. The guy who placed a towel on Morgenstern's burnt hand two mornings ago. A few minutes after the Elejamie team bus left the University Campus, Kelly didn't need to wait no more.

Jay Bailey scooted his way out of the gate. He waited for a break in traffic to cross the road. Kelly gave him a quick, brief hug, before letting Jay's arms wrap around her shoulders, almost dwarfing the petite Morgenstern. The two turned left, towards downtown Prescott. They had no idea where they were going. The bar that Kasey Jewell had his silver medal party sounded alright, but maybe it was a bit too loud. How about the cafe a couple of blocks down the road? That was more like it. They weren't going there to eat, after all. They were there to talk.

United Islamic Khanates
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Khanates » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:41 am

It was not without a certain discomfort that Nikita Tleubayev opened the attachment, whilst wondering himself why on earth he decided to check his mailbox at a moment like this one. In a few hours, he would fly of a ridiculously large ramp at a mindblowing speed in order to get catapulted into the air only to reach the ground again over a football pitch further down a treacherous, snowy hill. And if that wasn’t enough, he would have to do it better than ever before as millions of people across the multiverse would tune in to see whether it was glory and demise for him.

Well, ok, the last part was a small exaggeration. Nordic combined was not exactly the sport that brought the whole planet in front of its television set, as could be concluded from the modest starting field. And a large part of those who did tune in, probably hoped for a few comedy capers along the road. But of all that did not make the battle less intense and especially the Khanati seemed ready to witness the antics of their trio of athletes. Lined up were a young whippersnapper who worried his colleagues with his often borderline hazardous jumps, an experienced old fox who made no secret of the fact that his main ambition was in the team event and the man who could be considered as the Khanates’ most popular winter sporter.

Himself, Nikita Tleubayev.

One could guess that’s the consequence of being the kind of fellow with a Midas touch as everything he tried to get his hand on turned into gold. Tleubayev had started as an extremely talented cross-country skier, becoming national champion before his nineteenth birthday. Tired of his dominance, he had turned his attention towards biathlon, where the unpredictability and nervous battle at the shooting range added spice to the whole competition. After a small build-up period, he took with him three back-to-back national titles and discovered there was little to challenge left. Until he decided to risk his life by ski jumping as well. Although he still partook in biathlons and cross-country races, often winning this preparation stints much to the frustration of his allies, he considered himself now a full-time Nordic combined athlete. And national champ in the discipline as well, of course.

No wonder that the sports pages fronted him ahead of the eight day of the Olympics, headlining new medal ambitions. The opener of the Olympics had been a ram-bam start with the Luvner Locomotive Sergey Shemyakin baffling friends and foes with a victorious run. He had a longstanding rivalry with him, one that had stood since the youth series due to being from the same year of birth. Shem was the lesser talented, the unexciting - he won less, by far, and only if the distance and weather were extremely demanding. Nonetheless, he had grabbed the gold in a majestic way and became an instant national hero. Literally, with the Khan of Khans announcing a traditional distinction upon arrival home.

The press had eaten it up like sugar-coated pudding, enthusiastically making him the centrepiece in every edition of the papers. It took them a day or four before discovering that Shemyakin was extremely dull and that the romantic fairy-tale of the son of the reindeer hunter becoming an international champion could only be reprinted an ending amount of times. Consequently, they needed to divert their attention elsewhere. To Nikita, by example, and his efforts on the Normal Hill one would suggest. But as he slid down the ramp, Khanati had to leaf through to page ten of the sports quire to get a bit of insights on what lay ahead for Nikita Tleubayev.

Tenth.

It hadn’t been a bad race, at all, but he had never been close to the action for the medals. It would be preposterous to claim that the mediocre media coverage had a thing to do with it – no scrap of paper or mumble-jumble of words make one plough faster through the snow. But it still stung a little bit. Maybe that was why he was so eager to check his mails and find the one from his cousin reading Here’s the headlines! See attachment. Good luck!

It was a marvellous collage with six of the favourites for the event lined up next to one another, the central duo a tad larger and, with a bit of photoshop-hocus-pocus positioned with the backs towards one another, looking like the newest sensational pop-rock duo – if it weren’t for the tight skiing outfit. Mitchell Symons had done his bit to warrant that position, coming in third last year and seemingly eager to capitalise on the home advantage this time around. The four smaller figures to the left and right of the central duo included Harold Curran, the Kelssekian rumoured to have the best cards up his sleeve, Aladdin Turek, Set Galanoy and Tyler Fallacy. Previously unknown quantities, Nikita had become familiar with their domestic accolades and knew neither was to be underestimated when it came to the gold medal.

Positioned in the medal, Nikita Tleubayev grinned to the camera, a bit too cocky to his liking. Those who took the time to plough through the article would probably find the names of his compatriots Mukhiddinov and Rakhimov, but it was clear where the Khanati attention lay for the event of tonight. It could have been that knowledge that made Nikita’s hand tremble a little as he closed the attachment. Maybe it was the build-up of the collage. Probably it were the big, bold letters slammed across the front announcing that the country was ready for a second one. Do or die.

Suddenly, a small article at page ten wasn’t that bad after all.

Tobiasia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tobiasia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:19 am

TTV Sports from Prescott

Tobiasia have won their first winter Olympic medal and first Olympic gold medal!

Martin Pollson faced a tough group in the Speed Skating- Men’s 1500 m, but came away with gold in a stunning tie with Samij Jedinak of Mattijana. Both athletes crossed the finish line at exactly the same time of 1:45.43. Bronze was taken moments later by Karl Suggitt. Our hearts go out to Brendan Hollingsworth, who came fourth. The crowd were clearly behind Hollingsworth, who is from Electrum, and distraught at the news of no medal for the poor chap. Martin Pollson, however, was ecstatic. The Tobiasian fans erupted with joy once the result was announced, and shock horror, some were seen hugging Mattijanans! Our famous sporting rivals fans were equally joyful at the news.
British, liberal, Labour Party member

Join World Conference!

Furbish Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Furbish Islands » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:49 pm

Day 8

Nothing much happened today for the team. They still didn't get a medal for alpine skiing, which is very surprising to everyone.

For bandy, the team tied against Electrum 2 to 2. One player, Ruben Carter, said that "Home field advantage was probably the only reason why we haven't beaten them." Many agree. Though the tie didn't effect the group standing that much, since Furby Island is still in the lead and Electrum is still fourth.

The team also did well on curling mixed doubles, beating Electrum 10 to 9 and Kriegiersien 8 to 7. Experts do believe that if the team were to win any gold medals, they would do it in curling.

Meanwhile, in women's curling, the team also did great. They beat Darmen 10 to 7.

Unfortunately, they lost in men's ice hockey to Kriegiersien 1 to 2. They are currently in a 3 way tie for first with 6 points. But they still have a high chance of winning in the groups, and move on. Though chances for a medal are pretty slim.

The team also got fourth for women's synchronized skating, which was a lot higher then first expected.

Finally, they lost to Aurentina 2 to 1 in women's yukigassen.

The team still hasn't won a gold medal, but one can boost their position in the tally from 31st to 14th.

Tomorrow, what everyone will be looking forward to the most is women's ice hockey and curling mixed doubles, since the top 2 teams in each group will be advancing on to the finals. The teams for both sports have a good chance of moving on, especially for curling. But good luck to those teams.

-Courtney Driscoll, FISN reporter

(OOC: The top panel was based off the one made by Kosovakia, so don't give me any credit)[/quote]
Ðe United Provinces and Territories of Ðe Furbiſh Iſlands
Sic semper tyrannis!
Population: 283.503.325
GDP: $10,095 trillion
Currency: Furbish Guilder, ƒ1 = $1,9655
Monarch: Willem van Orange-Nassau
Stadtholder: Adjoa Iſamaan
Prime Minister: Arthur Trudeau

A social liberal Pacific island paradise, formerly a
Dutch, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish colony.
Computer science major and stereotypical nerd.
Russian, born in Israel, currently in
Massachusetts, the best state in the US.

This country is mostly based on my RL beliefs.
FBC News: Dover Man Charged With Assault With Deadly Weapon After Throwing Alligator Through Denny's Drive-Thru Window | Three New High Speed Rail Corridors Clear Environmental Review

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:08 pm

Iceland Metro

Icelander Jenny Aramaki Wins Silver

- Alison Murray (covering for skiing correspondent Bob Allen)

The medals just keep on coming for Elejamie as Jenny Aramaki won silver at the Women's Super G in Prescott. Aramaki didn't have the best of starts in the competition, coming 17th in the Super Combined and 38th in the downhill, so she was hoping that the third time was the charm. However, with stiff competition such as Mattijana's Ilka Savranic and Kelssek's Emily Monahan, a medal seemed very unlikely for the 28-year-old Iceland native. However, despite the odds, she pulled it off and provided what, according to some, was a memorable run.

Aramaki was the 23rd of 78 entrants, coming after Nemi Dreesen of Cosumar and Ethane's Nichole Grimsby. Although she looked a little shaky coming out of the gate, she quickly regained her composure and stormed through the higher portion of the Super-G, hitting the first checkpoint with a time of 13:33 and a spead of 91.3km/h, then going on to make the second checkpoint with a time of 36.01 seconds. Although she started to slow down nearing the end, hitting speeds of 85km/h and making it through the third checkpoint with a time of 1:01.00, she still managed to hold a commandable lead. Eventually, she crossed the line with a time of 1:20.45, knocking Christine Bourne off the top spot and looking very confident that she'd bring home a second Olympic gold for Elejamie.

However, Aramaki's jubilation was short-lived. A couple dozen skiers later, gold medallist and entrant #49 Valka Mogen of Falkasia stormed out of the gate. While she trailed a few seconds behind Aramaki throughout most of the course, she managed to gain the lead ahead going into the jump. There she managed to pick up speed and beat Aramaki's time by 0.08 seconds. However, it was reported that, after the event, Aramaki went up to Mogen and congratulated her for beating her time.

"That's just the way things go," She said in an interview after the event. "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And sometimes you think you win but you end up dropping down a couple of places. Still, I'm not mad. I've got a silver and that's good enough. But not as good as the thrill I got going down that course and the smiling faces of everyone who came to see me ski, like my mom, dad and older brother and sister. And Valka was clearly the best skier out there and I hope everyone in Falkasia are happy with the gold medal she brought home for them. I know I would be."

Silver Medallist: Jenny Aramaki wins silver, bumping
Elejamie's medal count to two.
Aramaki, the youngest daughter of an Elejamian mother and a Japanese father, was born and raised in the Alpen Grove district of Iceland. She got interested in skiing after watching it on TV, which culminated in her spending every Winter holiday at the Murraywood Skiing Resort just outside of Blackport. Much like biathlon gold medallist Cpl. Tony Coffey, Aramaki didn't train on snow until a few months before the competition, when she booked a holiday to Prescott to visit Mt. Buckley National Park. She currently works as a skiing instructor at Murraywood, a job she's held for the past six years. Her brother-in-law and fellow skier Graham Montrose also works at the centre; he came sixth in the men's downhill with a time of 1:54.53 here in Prescott.

Christine Bourne of The Redvale won bronze, finishing with a time of 1:20.67, 0.22 seconds behind Aramaki. Unified Beretania's Mona Lewis and Krytenian Stephania Empoli rounded off the top five, with times of 1:20.78 and 1:20.95 respectively. However, the course proved to be a tough one as twenty-eight of the seventy-eight skiers failed to finish. Vanorians Ainladhel Ondodiir and Alia Galamin crashed out early in their run. Mattijana's Julena Tadic went off-course, as did Savranic and Furbish skiier Ruth Reeves. Gaulic skier Sophie Tremain was unable to stick the landing after the jump and ended up crashing out, although fortunately she was able to walk it off without injury. And Kriegiersien's AverageKriegiersienWinterFemBot131 appeared to have malfunctioned at some point during the run, which lead to the judges marking her as DNF.

Other Winter Olympics News

• Men's Ice Hockey Team Through After Gregoryisgodistan Win
  • Dave Morrison Eyes Skeleton Medal
  • Daniel Gómez: National Team Will Compete in Next Winter Olympics
  • Women's Curling Team Barely Hanging On

Apologies to Kriegiersien, I should've asked you if that AverageKriegiersienWinterFemBot131 DNF thing was OK with you first.
Last edited by Elejamie on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

West Phoencia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby West Phoencia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:24 pm

The Theocracy of Annixe Christos joins the party...

It only took to Day 8 but the third member state of the Unified West Phoenician Winter Olympics Team has finally come to the party.

The Women's Synchronized Skating pulled off a terrific first place win to take out the demonstration event. While classed as gold it will not add to their tally but it will definitely add to the nations reputation. Their first time competing at a Winter Olympics event and to place first is a miracle for the small team that was accepted by West Phoenicia to participate under their banner.

Annixe Christoians could not think the day could get any better. When news hit home that Georgie Laidler had just won bronze in the Nordic Combined Women's individual large hill the nation moved into full celebration mode.
She performed amazingly in the cross country skiing section and outdid most of her competitors in the ski jumping section.

Her win has stunned a number of Annixe Christos Olympic Officials had been quick to admit from day 1 that Winter Sports were not extremely popular in the nation Figure Skating and Alpine Skiing is were most of the funding and support has been thrown. With the awarding of a medal in an area they felt they would not win, many Annixe Christos are rethinking of what other areas funding could be allocated to help bolster up Annixe Christos sporting reputation on the world stage.
"One day we want the world to say, oh Annixe Christos is here. Can they let others win this time" an official said with a jovial laugh.

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:32 pm

-Hey.Now I am here with Caeso Silva from...skeleton.His time was not among the best,but he did try hard.Rught Caeso?
-Right João!I've been training months to make a good result here,but I was like,60th.
-Any message for your family?
-Yes,I would like to send a kiss to my mum and my dad.
-Okay,now it's ith you Mihai.

-Hey João,I'm here with Caius from our curling team.He challenged me to play it,but I couldn't.
-You were quite good Mihai!
-Thank you.You'll see my attempts,and after the break there's more coverage of the XII Winter Olympics.
Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!
Hosted:WLC 27

International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Proud Esportivan since November 2016[/align]

Kriegiersien
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kriegiersien » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:38 pm

“Mr. President. Mr. President!”
The security of the Kriegiersien President stopped the man that had closed up to them.
“Who are you?”, asked the President.
“I am Isaac Ford, one of your technicians for the Bots.”
“Great. Keep up the … work”, the President smiled and turned to go on.
“But there is something wrong with the Bots.”
The President stopped again and sighed.
“What is it?”
“I don't know, but two of them ran away.”
“What? And where are they now?”
“Well...they are back now.”
“Sooo...everything is ok?”
“No. See, they shouldn't do that, but two of them suddenly were gone when I wanted to do an inspection on one of them. So I searched him and found that a second one was missing. I reported that, but then they were suddenly back and everyone thought I was crazy.”
“Uh-huh.”
“But I investigated again and saw remnants of a Sub Program in the cache of both for a moment. It activated between different Bots at the same time and then vanished. Nearly completely. That shouldn't be possible.”
“I don't understand what you want to tell me.”
“I think they are communicating secretly with each other. Online.”
“And they shouldn't do that?”
“No, they are just meant to perform their competition and then go Offline when ordered. But I think they can reactivate, communicate and even mask that they are changing their Software Code”, Ford said, sounding alarmed and thrilled.
“Do you have proof? And are you working on it?”
“I don't. I can't. The others are thinking it's just a glitch, but I believe that we are losing control over it. At least 5 models are behaving odd.”
“Well, 5 isn't that bad. Just clock them and more importantly: Make them win medals! The Rest is a Problem for later.”
“But Sir, that could be epidemic. I need access..”
After a sign from the President the security pushed Ford back.
“Just go on. I have to train for the Luge competition now. Medals don't win themselves you know?”, said the President and left.

Ford was baffled. Could no one else see the bigger picture? The possibilities, the danger? Maybe he should look for help outside.
Winner: Championnat du monde de bandy, NS Arena Bowl, Sepak Takraw World Cup I, World Cup of Masters II

Olympic Medals:
VIII Summer Orean: 2-6-10
IX Summer Zube Kytler Bay City: 6-4-15
X Summer Centralis & Nassau Bay 7-5-12
XI Summer Aeropag 0-2-4
XII Summer Novonaya & Provinsk 9-1-7
XIII Summer Republica 13-16-16
XIV Summer Orean/Istria 22-16-18
XV Summer Terranean Coast/Bunjil 18-19-18
XVI Summer Prescott Twin Cities 11-24-25

IX Winter Olympics Arcon: 2-5-3
X Winter Baseton 1-2-2
XI Winter Prescott 3-8-7
XII Winter Prescott 1-4-5
XIII Winter Prescott 4-5-4
XIV Winter Neverend & Yeaddin 6-9-7
XV Winter Clayquot 2-2-8
XVI Winter City Centre 5-4-2
XVII Winter 1-2-1
Overall 113-124-164

Union of Socialist Alpine Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Socialist Alpine Republics » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:32 pm

part 1: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=403422&start=50

Coup d'État in Bangweulu Wetlands

Kawambwa, Sultanate of Bangweulu Wetlands - (NEIP) yesterday at 4:44 PM, the BRAF (Bangweulese Revolutionary Armed Forces) led by General Bismack Mutombo marched in the capital city of Kawambwa, surrounded the Palace of the Sultan and forced Sultan Ndamukong the first to surrender. After a bloody fight, Sultan Ndamukong the first, who ruled the Bangweulu Wetlands since 2005, surrendered at 6:18 PM. The fight did 26 casualties in the BRAF and 83 in the National Guard of the Sultan. General Bismack Mutombo proclaimed himself the president of the Socialist Republic of Bangweulu Wetlands and imposed a new constitution, which basically says the Bangweulu Wetlands is not a sultanate anymore and it's now a socialist republic. General Bismack Mutombo promised there will be elections every 4 years. He said "democracy has been installed in the Bangweulu Wetlands and it's a great day for humanity". General Bismack Mutombo added "Hopefully other North Eurasian nations will recognize the new government, i'm hoping great relationships with the Southern Democratic States and Prusy Krolewskie".

General Bismack Mutombo allowed Sultan Ndamukong the first and his 10 wives to stay alive and they are expected to move to the Southern Virgin Islands, the only North Eurasian nation where poligamy isn't prohibited. General Bismack Mutombo also plan to give more rights to Bangweulese women and abolish lion hunting. He will also set up a plan to make the use of child soldiers illegal.

Sultan Ndamukong the first (on the left) has surrendered at 6:18 PM.
Ranks:
Hockey: 15th | American Football: 8th | Baseball: 10th | Association Football: 65th | Rugby Union: 23rd

Champions: World Bowl XXXII
Runner Up: WCoH 36
3rd Place:
4th Place: WJHC 12, Independents Cup 4, Handball World Cup 21

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:03 pm

Gragastavian Apartments
Athlete's Village
Prescott, Electrum

“Four goats?” Ahmed shrieked, pacing around the living room, “My parents want to sell me for four goats!”

Hassan, sprawled out on one of the couches, hid his amusement behind a cloud of cigar smoke, “Who’s the lucky lady?”

“My neighbor,” Ahmed replied, “But that’s not what I’m complaining about.”

“Well, what’s the problem, then?”

“Four goats!” Ahmed repeated. “I’m worth much more than four goats! I’m an Olympic athlete; I should be worth at least six!”

“For what it’s worth,” Hassan said, pushing his glasses up to the bridge of his nose, “You’ll be worth more if you win.” He tapped the ash off of his cigar, “Or, failing that, you could always run away with some Falkasian strumpet.”

Karim bolted in, a large ostrich egg on the right side of his face, the remnants of his unfortunate night out. He looked at the two of them, “What’s going on?”

Ahmed opened his mouth to answer, but Hassan beat him to it. “Ahmed’s upset, because his parents are marrying him off for four goats.”

“I’m worth at least six!” Ahmed added, his eyes seething with querulousness.

Karim shrugged, and sat down on the sofa adjacent to Hassan. He yawned, and let the suede embrace his body. “Four isn’t a bad deal,” he said, his eyes darting around the room for something, “I had a cousin who fetched four and a business deal. He looked like a camel.” Karim reached forward to grab the remote control from a side table and flipped on the TV.

“I’m glad you’re all taking this seriously,” Ahmed snorted, before stomping off, steam venting from his ears.

Hassan watched Ahmed leave, then waited a few minutes for good measure. He turned to Karim, and said, flatly, “I should go, too.”

He rose from the couch and sauntered down the hall, his shoes clacking against the laminate floors. He did not reach his room at the end, however, but rather was snatched by the arm and pulled off to a side room. Perhaps in his shock or just as part of annoying habit, Hassan blew a mouthful of smoke into the other person’s face. It blew back in his face, however, and his eyes watered at the acrid odor. He blinked a few times, though, and managed to make out who had grabbed him: it was one of the coordinators, Muhammad Al-Fasi.

“Hassan,” he said, still holding onto his arm, “We need to talk.”

Hassan snatched the cigar out of his mouth, sensing Muhammad’s seriousness, “What about?”

“Morale.”

Bemused, he quickly uttered, “Okay.”

“Have you even been paying attention to what’s been going on?”

“A lot of things are happening. Parliament passed an education bill, the GLO pushed back the frontline, the King trimmed his beard,” Hassan said, “You’ll have to be more specific.”

“You heard about Sayyid and Karim’s night out; Ahmed’s going apeshit, and Habiba is… not your responsibility.” Muhammad shook his head, “Sooner or later, someone’s going to crack.” He paused, “Well, not Sayyid. Sayyid would crack someone’s skull, before he cracks himself. But my point stands. Don’t you see it?”

Hassan shrugged, “No.”

Muhammed groaned, “Not everyone can be a single-minded as you. They’re wasting away out there. You need to do something.”

“Why?”

“Your team is falling apart, Hassan!” Muhammad shouted, “Fuck me, how did you get to be captain?”

“I’m captain,” Hassan said, snatching his sunglasses off, and squinted at Muhammad, “Because I know my team. Karim gets drunk to dull his mind, Ahmed tries to rile himself up so he can vent his rage, and Sayyid crushes things.” He put his sunglasses back on, “Now. If there’s a crisis, I will intervene. But this…” Hassan gestured behind him, “This is normal. Hell, if they weren’t behaving like this, then it would be cause for concern.”

“Sorry for caring,” Muhammad snorted, “Why do you even wear those sunglasses?”

“Oh, I have photophobic eyes,” Hassan said, matter-of-factly. He straightened his jacket, “Now, if there’s nothing else.”

“Don’t let me keep you,” Muhammad said. After Hassan left, he whispered to himself, “Asshole.”

Muhammad shook his head, again, and sat down at the desk. He whipped his phone out of his pocket, and clacked out a message, his fingers flying across the fluorescent screen. All he wrote was that a certain mission should be executed as soon as possible. His thumb slid over to the send button, and with a quick tap, his plan was put into action.

Falkasian Apartments
Athlete's Village
Prescott, Electrum

A single potato sat in the center of the room, surrounded on five equidistant sides by an assortment of related objects. Looking onward was world-renown cross-country skier Valerian Larashenko.

“I can’t leave anything else up to chance,” he mumbled with arms crossed, eyeing the starchy vegetable from a corner of the room. “A Bronze is all I’ve got so far… If I can’t get a Gold, I might as well not go home.”

“A medal is a medal,” Vasiliev clarified from the other side of the room. “I don’t see why we have to resort to arcane rituals as pretense to securing victory?”

“I’ve travelled the world over… the things they do in some countries you would have the same reaction to. This is simply a custom I’ve noticed that seems to work.” He paused abruptly, “well, more times than not anyways.”

“So you plan to stab a potato with a fork over and over as if it will empower you to win?” Boris mocked, “This is absurd.”

“It isn’t if it works!” Valerian quickly retorted.

“Whatever… I don’t have time for this. I have a few more runs before my window here closes. Good luck, whoever you are.” He declared, waving his hand dismissively before sidestepping out the partially cracked door.

Larashenko shrugged, not caring, and turned his attention back to his makeshift pentagram.

“Potato, in thy spuddy goodness… please bestow upon me the reserve of power necessary to beat my competition. I strive for Gold, but will accept all lesser awards.”

He stepped forward into the diagram and withdrew a kitchen knife. In a single movement, he kneeled and plunged the blade deep into the brown dirt-covered flesh.

“God… this is so fucked up,” He muttered to himself as he struggled to remove the submerged blade. “I’m sacrificing a potato for the sake of trying it. Now what will be really funny is if it works…”

[CREDIT: RP Courtesy of Gragastavia and Falkasia]
This account is representative for all the affairs of Teremara. TG me about membership.
Teremara Regional Application Thread

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:24 am

This is your Day 8 cut-off. Doesn't the Winter make our lives that much more suspenseful?

A reminder that the Day 9 cut-off will be in 48 hours, instead of 24 hours. Use this time to write the best roleplay possible.
Last edited by Electrum on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Tobiasia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tobiasia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:55 am

TTV Sports live from Prescott

Shock once again! Michel Ur-fan nabs Tobiasias second gold medal in Prescott! The men's skeleton was a tough competition. At the beginning, Ur-fan was struggling with a first run of 52.85. This left him behind, in around 6th place. The second run was better but still not great at a time of 52.72. At this time Tobiasian spectators unveiled a huge flag and began cheering and waving it. Ur-fan seemed to be driven by this support, and sped into times of 52.32 and lastly, 52.30! All this meant he won with an overall time of 3:30.19 whilst the silver medallist, AverageKriegiersienWinterBoyBot25, had a time of 3:30.36, with Ur-fan winning only by a fraction of a second. Hans-Günter Nicolas came third, only 0:00.03 behind silver!

This puts Tobiasia joint 8th in the medal table with 2 golds, but no silvers or bronzes.

Yvette Tera is competing in the Women's aerials after qualifying in the first round!
British, liberal, Labour Party member

Join World Conference!

West Phoencia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby West Phoencia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:55 am

Day 8 Highlights and shortfalls.....

• West Phoenicia beat Neu Engollon 5-4 in the Men's Curling. Neu Engollon is still placed number one in there pool but they have placed more matches giving West Phoenicia the opportunity to knock them off the top.

• Freestyle Skiing — Women's Aerials West Phoenician Sophia Saint-Mon was able to wow the judges with her aerial runs to place in the top 12 to progress to the finals.

• Victory for the West Phoenician Women’s Ice Hockey team. As they move onto the top 16 after placing 2nd in their pool. They go up against the nation of Vilitia.

• Lady Prudence Greensleves had another terrific day toping her heat in the women's short track 1000m to move onto the quarter finals she was also in the top 3 with the best timez.

• The journey continues for Tiberius Bain as he progressed to the semi finals in the Short Track — Men’s 1 500 m.

• Michael Morrison/David McYouth/Stephen Von Swelsh/Titus Anu of the Short Track — Men’s 5 000 m Relay had alot to celebrate as they move from the Semi-Finals into the finals.

West Phoenicians have their fingers crossed that more West Phoenicians, Scarlett Orient Isles and Annixe Christoians start crossing the finish line in 1st, 2nd or 3rd to start moving back up the ladder.

In other news....

• Hayden Chef who placed a dismal 28th in the Nordic Combined — Men’s Individual Large Hill drowned his sorrows at a local bar, witness saw him stagger out at 2am smelling like a vodka brewery and slip into his rental car. No more than 2 minutes had passed before the sound of crunching metal and shattering glass was heard in the night of Prescott as Hayden Chef had slammed his car into another car coming in the other direction.

• Claire Cotton has fled Electrum after 3 days of being stalked by a crazed fan. Local police were of no assistance as the medalist was harrased with whispering calls in the night, photos of her going about her day, one of her uniforms being slashed, stolen panties and chocolates covered in blood. She has hired a small West Phoenician Security detail who have been ordered to shoot on sight the crazed fan.
Last edited by West Phoencia on Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:49 pm

"... And now we go over to John Daverson with Elejamie's last women's ice hockey group stage game. John?"

That's right, Steve. Good morning Elejamie! Elejamie have made it through to the Round of 16 after a 5-1 win over Darmen. The Lady Ice-a-phants, hot off the heels of a 4-0 win over Unified Beretania, were gunning for a spot in the next round whereas Darmen desperately needed a win to stay in the tournament. However, a hat-trick from Emi Naemoril, as well as a goal each from Laura Barkley and Marissa Duncan, would deny the Darmenis their dream. Here are the highlights:

The first period saw Darmen get an early goal when, just under two minutes in, Reilly Henryson managed to snatch the puck off of Emilie Douglas and shoot it over Maria Serrano's. And the good times kept rolling for the Darmeni when Laura Barkley was given a two minute minor for boarding Elisa Devine thirty second after face-off. However, Elejamie managed to claw one back halfway through the period. Emi Naemoril received the puck from Mishi Fanner, hitting the post off her one-timer before burying the puck on her second attempt. In fact, Naemoril would score the second goal of the period four minutes later, deking the puck past Clíona Rosenberg on the breakaway. In the dying seconds of the period, Darmen came close to pulling one back; however, Serrano deflected the puck, Genevieve Pellessier cleared it and the period eventually ended 2-1 to Elejamie.

The second period saw a clean but defensive period, with Elejamie trying to stop their opponents from equalising, whereas Darmen were busy trying to prevent the Lady Ice-a-phants from getting a third. And, indeed, there were close calls from both sides. Nadia Amato's snapshot was easily caught by Rosenberg. Mishi Fanner's wrist shot bounced off the post. Christie Peyton tried to equalise from her half but the puck ended up being called for icing. Eventually, one side managed to slip up; with less than one minute to go, Laura Barkley scored goal number three for Elejamie, with a snap shot through Rosenberg's five-hole - Natasha Islington and Hannah MacArthur were credited with assists. As a result of the goal, Elejamie finished the period 3-1 up and looking very confident that they'll take this game.

The third period saw more of the same for the Darmeni players. Shortly after the opening face-off, Emi Naemoril scored goal number four for Elejamie - and goal number three for her - with a slapshot at the point, assisted by Mishi Fanner and Hayley Blanke. Things went from bad to worse when Dierdre Rye was penalised for slashing Fanner, although fortunately her teammates were able to kill off the penalty. However, they weren't able to pull one back; Zara Ó Dochartaigh missed the net, Tansy Cardoso just hit the post and Virginie McCabe's slapshot was just saved by Maria Serrano. However, it would be Elejamie who's make that With exactly eight minutes left on the clock, Marissa Duncan scored goal number five, thanks to a simple wrist shot under Rosenberg's glove and assistance from Alex Martínez and Aren Maeritinol. The Lady Ice-a-phants came close to scoring a sixth, with a potential fourth from Naemoril in the last minute being disallowed after it was revealed the net was moved. However it didn't matter as, in the end, Elejamie won 5-1 and, with that, they were through to the next round of the women's ice hockey event.

In a post-match interview, captain Mishi Fanner said "I'm really happy with the girls. Emi was on fire out there! I'm surprised she didn't melt the ice! Laura may have gotten a bad penalty earlier but she made up for that with an amazing goal. And Marissa scored a good goal as well. Maria did a good job, as you'd expect. However, Clíona [Rosenberg, the Darmeni goaltender] deserves some praise. I mean, she let in a few goals, it happens. But the fact that she stayed on the ice for the whole sixty minutes? That deserves some respect. It's a shame they have to leave us now but maybe they'll do better next time round."

In a different interview, assistant coach and former Mainsborough Iron Maidens player Simone Brooke, who also won bronze in the women's inline hockey at the Multiverse Games, said "I'm proud that we've made it this far. While I'm sure we've got a tough time ahead of us, I think we're able to handle it. Will we make a second gold? A second silver? A first bronze? Or will we go home without a medal? I'm not sure but all I know is that we'll have plenty of fun finding out."

In the other group game, the Teremaran Unified Team finished their perfect Group A run with a 1-0 win over Taeshan. As you can clearly see, they've topped the table with twelve points from four wins, followed by Elejamie with nine points. Unified Beretania, who had already been eliminated by this point, remain in third place with four points. Darmen stay in fourth with three points, followed by Taeshan in last place with two points.

In all the other games, Vilita finished off their own perfect Group B run with a 2-0 win over Krytenia, whereas The Redvale knocked out the hosts after a 3-2 win. Aurentina finished top of Group C thanks to a 3-0 win over Gregoryisgodistan, whereas an eliminated Tobiasia managed to bag a consolation win in their game against the Fujisawan Territories, scoring both shootout goals after a 1-1 draw. Over in Group D, Nuovo Juvenucus became the only team to finish without a point following a 2-1 loss to the Royal Kingdom of Quebec, while Ethane had to settle for third place thanks to a 3-0 win over Equatorial Zeldaen. In Group E, Valanora edged out Cosumar 1-0, whereas Lisander bagged an easy 2-1 win over the Main Nation Ministry. In Group F, West Saintland were eliminated from the tournament after losing 2-1 to the USAR, while Furby Island rounded off their group stage run with a 1-0 victory against Sulimany. Group G saw a brace of 1-0 wins as Kosovakia defeated Kriegiersien and the Unified Sunrise Islands beat the Natanians and Nosts. And, finally, over to Group H, where Kelssek finished their perfect group stage run with a 1-0 victory over Lisianski, whereas Novaya Zemlya edged out Amuaplye by the same score.

And now let's look at the Round of 16 match-ups. The Teremaran Unified Team will play against Novaya Zemlya, whereas Vilita will take on West Phoenicia. Aurentina will face the USAR. Lisander will play the Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic. It'll be a big battle between two big rivals as Valanora will face the Royal Kingdom of Quebec. Furby Islands will host Turori, who plays alongside Vilita in the World Cup of Hockey. And the Unified Sunrise Islands will compete against the Redvale.

But most importantly of all, we've got The Battle of the East Pacific: Kelssek vs. Elejamie. Kelssek finished top of their group, winning all four games. Elejamie, on the other hand, only lost one game - a 2-0 defeat to eventual group-winners the Teremaran Unified Team. Not to mention that, over in the men's ice hockey, Kelssek beat Elejamie in a thrilling 3-0 affair. Will the Lady Ice-a-phants avenge their male counterparts? Or will their regional rivals make it through to the quarter finals? Find out on Puck Drop!

Elsewhere in Prescott, Dave Morrison narrowly missed out on an Olympic medal in the Men's Skeleton. The 23-year-old from Newford came fifth overall with a time of 3:30.95: just over half a second slower than bronze medallist Hans-Günter Nicolas of the USAR, who had a time of 3:30.39...

Period			P1	P2	P3	FS
Darmen 1 0 0 1
Elejamie 2 1 2 5
Last edited by Elejamie on Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Kriegiersien
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kriegiersien » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:38 pm

The Kriegiersien President dropped into his bed. He didn’t remember that the Luge training was so hard before. It could get a real dangerous and exhausting mission to win a medal here. He jumped on his feet, when he suddenly felt something lying in his bed. A shadowy figure was sprawling between the sheets.
“Who are you?”, he growled, prepared for a fight to the death.
“Your spy master, Sir. I have news for you.”
“Couldn’t you just send me an E-Mail? Or make an appointment?”
“No, too insecure.”
“Ok. So, what is so important?”
“Our Kidnapping squad was dissolved. It had no success.”
“Dissolved? I didn’t give that order.”
“They just vanished.”
“Oh, great. Find out why and if possible, find them. Any replacement?”
“I am working on that. Also, we are still trying to support the Legion to take over The Redvale. And, to reestablish Sultan Ndamukong in the Bangweulu Wetlands and by that destabilize the region, we have send exploding Bananas and female advisors disguised as his wifes to still loyal forces at the Southern Virgin Islands.”
“Do you think there will be any success?”
“Unlikely, but we have to try. We haven’t heard from Gregoryisgodistan since we smuggled the complete series of “66 Shades of Twilight” into the Nation, isn’t that so?”
“I am sure it is because of that. Can I go to sleep now?”
“One thing. The robots will start a rebellion soon. The behavior and the direction of the plot is forcing an uprising in the next days.”
“That again. Can you just hold them in line until the Olympics ended?”
“That is not my job.”
“Fine, then ignore it. I have everything covered. And now get lost.”
“Yes, Sir. Good luck tomorrow.”
The shadow was suddenly gone.
The president laid down again, closing his eyes. Then, just after starting to dream about the Gold medal, he suddenly felt something.
“What does that mean?”
“Just a bit snuggling before I go back to the front, Tim. Please.”
“Ok, but just spooning, darling.”
Last edited by Kriegiersien on Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Winner: Championnat du monde de bandy, NS Arena Bowl, Sepak Takraw World Cup I, World Cup of Masters II

Olympic Medals:
VIII Summer Orean: 2-6-10
IX Summer Zube Kytler Bay City: 6-4-15
X Summer Centralis & Nassau Bay 7-5-12
XI Summer Aeropag 0-2-4
XII Summer Novonaya & Provinsk 9-1-7
XIII Summer Republica 13-16-16
XIV Summer Orean/Istria 22-16-18
XV Summer Terranean Coast/Bunjil 18-19-18
XVI Summer Prescott Twin Cities 11-24-25

IX Winter Olympics Arcon: 2-5-3
X Winter Baseton 1-2-2
XI Winter Prescott 3-8-7
XII Winter Prescott 1-4-5
XIII Winter Prescott 4-5-4
XIV Winter Neverend & Yeaddin 6-9-7
XV Winter Clayquot 2-2-8
XVI Winter City Centre 5-4-2
XVII Winter 1-2-1
Overall 113-124-164

Mount Pleasant
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Pleasant » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:08 pm

Day 8: The Day of a GOLDEN Smirk

Marley's Park

Sunny Elliot's mouth was agape. Agape when he crossed the line. Agape when he saw his time. Agape as each of his competitors failed to beat it. And agape as the gold medal was hung around his neck. Only as Mount Pleasant's national anthem, "Live In Truth", blasted out over the P.A. system did Elliot start to believe that yes, he won the Men's Super-G event. As he saw the faces in the audience, he focused on one in particular, and flashed a sly smirk and a wink.

Sammi Gori couldn't believe it. Sunny just winked at him. That f***er was smirking. Mount Pleasant's first gold medal didn't belong to a perfectionist. To the elite athletes. It belonged to a cocksure, no-talent fag.

Jeanine Tasker's cigarette was almost celebratory. But even with the wild celebrations going on around her, she wondered who sent her those cigarettes yesterday. Was it Celeste, who knew her elder sister like…well, a sister? Could it have been fellow smoker Elouise Norman, who she confided to about her excessive smoking under stress? Or was it…nah, it couldn't be him. Not since he shut the door on her.

Marianela Spight shut the bathroom stall door behind her. She wanted to be careful after treating herself…sufficiently after her bronze. But a bit too much girly jumping kinda…unsettled her stomach a little. Congrats Marianela, you're back to looking like a klutz.

Mount Buckley

Elias Lee looked like a klutz next to Kasey Jewell. So that's what a silver medal looks like compared to a collegiate athlete like me, Elias had in mind. But just look at him, and follow. Follow his movements, and you'll patch your skiing up in no time.

Harry Joyner patched up the tree he hit during his biathlon run. Yup, he was that embarrassed.

Kory Pavoni had every right to be embarrassed. Practicing his luge double runs with Codie Jasso. Jasso's suit splits right in the middle of his rectum. And Jasso's position was to lay down right on top of Pavoni. Ass to nether-regions. Yep...

Johanna Trengrove laughed so hard at the sight she nearly threw her back out.

Kip Cockburn threw his snapped up ski pole into the forest. Training for the Classical was taking it's toll on Cockburn. He wanted to shout. But not hurt anyone. He wanted to share his problems. But not let them run loose. He knew no one who could fulfil his requirements. Well, there was one, but just reaching up to the pocket of scars on his forehead reminded him. He couldn't go back. Not just yet.

Some Lonely Road near Mount Buckley

Thomas Yeong and Andrew Su couldn't go back, otherwise they'd create a snow packed traffic jam. They'd opted to drive their way out, and now they've taken the wrong turn to the Mount Buckley Sliding Centre, and now they were heading on some random road to some other random place in the mountains. They called the Wolf twins for help.

Athlete's Village

"Let me pass the phone. He's the only one who didn't sleep on the bus ride." Wardell Wolf passed the phone to his brother, Lazlo Wolf. He had one thing to say to their bobsled mates. Or rather, shout. "YOU SHOULD'VE STAYED LEFT AT THE BLOODY FORK!". Lazlo Wolf had been turned off most wacky antics from delegation mates, especially after that day with Antoinette.

Antoinette Serafino was talking boys, again. Though not with Rachel Greenspan (more on her later), but with Elouise Norman. More serious, 'What would a boy look for in a girl' than 'OMG HOT GUY FROM WEST PHONECIA SPOTTED FOUR O'CLOCK'.

Four o'clock, and Rachel Greenspan was getting restless. It was meant to be a rest day for the female cross-country skiing team, but Kelly Morgenstern was dragging Greenspan, groaning and whining through Power Street Mall. Morgenstern's shopping sprees were a regular occurrence that the girls would often follow, but this one was special, like as if for someone…special. This was a new record on the Morgenstern shop-o-meter, having been out since breakfast.

"Breakfast tomorrow morning. Let's meet then, Vivi. To talk."

Well, for a long time, they didn't talk.

Vivienne Avery and Fabian Cliff sat across one another in near-dead silence. The silence wasn't awkward. It was mutual. Understandable silence. As coffee arrived, Fabian knew he had to break the silence somehow. And so he did. He talked almost like he was seeing Vivienne for the first time. Slow, hesitant, stuttery. Fumbling over the simple words like "you" and "I" and "this". Rushing through the bulk of what he wanted to say, in a tone that hinted that he wanted to backspace whatever he had to say. With a half-minute preparation, though, he said one word most confidently. Most definitely. Most surely. And there would be no backspace this time.

"LIKE."

Avery let out a gasp. Half-surprised, half-happy, half-confused, half-uncomittal. It was a gasp that made Cliff say that word again. Less confidently. Less definitely. Less surely. But still no backspace.

"LIKE."

The table went silent again for a few minutes as Vivienne thought of what to say. Fabian looked at the stand of the table, shuffling in his seat, unwilling to meet Vivienne's eyes. His eyes could only rapidly glance at Vivienne's face for short moments at a time. It was in the last of those momentary, hesitant glances that Vivienne's eyes met his.

Vivi flashed a small smirk back.

The Redvale
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Redvale » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:33 pm

FMZ SPORTS
Breaking news! Corinne Winslow & Michi Hanari rejoin Team Redvale as country climbs medal rankings!
By Liv Neri, Luc Kraus, Kloe Ostergaard

Liv - We're interrupting our normal coverage of the Winter Olympics to bring you the breaking news that our two kidnapped Olympians have officially been confirmed as rescued, after player Kam Winters received a phone call for help that allowed Electrumite police to track down the Legion rebels that had kidnapped the players and held them in a hotel room while waiting to receive a ransom for them, one that involved a release of Legion prisoners being held at Glenham Supermax.

Luc - To recap, Corinne Winslow is a star winger at Mount Maris University that is expected to be a top ten draft pick in the RHL Draft when she finishes her senior season with the Friars, and Michi Hanari is the starting goaltender of the Skybrough Crush. Corinne is an alternate captain on her Olympic team and Michi is the third goaltender on his, but despite the gap in their positions, both players are very popular with the fans because of their off the ice personalities. They were, however, kidnapped by Legion terrorists on the night before the opening ceremony, while walking back to the village from an outing out at town with two other players. They were then held in a hotel room in Prescott, where Corinne had to read a message explaining the demands of Legion for the safe release of her and Michi.

Liv - My sources from the streets say that they were able to call for help after Michi staged a distraction for their captors and Corinne grabbed her phone while they had their backs turned, because her phone was lying in the open. She then was able to make a call to Kam Winters that only lasted a few seconds but was able to be tracked back to a location, leading to Electrumite police raiding the hotel the same night with a SWAT team that detained four Legion terrorists and promptly turned them over to the Redvali Federal Police and deported them from the country.

Kloe - Both players were found with no physical harm, though sources from the Olympic women's hockey team say that Corinne is very shaken from the incident and that her psyche has been damaged pretty badly by the ordeal, which nearly saw her die multiple times as the original deadline for the ransom passed and was then extended by Legion in an attempt to get the Redvali government to negotiate with them. Michi Hanari isn't happy either about the way this was handled, saying that if they hadn't staged their own plan to cause a rescue, the Redvali government would have left them to die.

Luc - Despite being shaken and being extremely angry at teammate Emilia Priest, who was one of the other two that was out with her and Michi when they were kidnapped, Corinne is expected to immediately resume her duties with the women's hockey team, who have just secured qualification out of their group and will be advancing into the knockout rounds. Their poor group stage play might be the fault of Corinne's absence, and head coach Jess Reist claimed that the return of Corinne will spark a huge turnaround in the results that the team's been experiencing.

Liv - I've also done some digging into who the Legion terrorists are, and I managed to find at least one identity. Jerek Rivers is the member who was leading the operation, and he was allegedly arrested for his membership in the group once in the past but was able to get out and then get into Electrum under a false identity. Rivers is currently in the custody of the Federal Police, which means that there's a chance that he'll talk and reveal more plans of Legion members, in addition to their organizational structure. The group and their motives are largely unknown right now, other than their anti government stance, but the capture of four prominent members should reveal much. We all know that the Federales will do anything to reveal information.

Kloe - Yeah. This story really overshadows the medals that we've won recently, as much as I hate to downplay those. While we're here, I need to congratulate my friend Justise Kay, who became the first non slave to win a medal for Redvale when she won gold in slopestyle snowboarding. I've also got to congratulate Natalia au Sanchez and James Hensen for their silver in figure skating. It's not often that you see a Redvali and Endelosi get along well enough to win a medal together in figure skating. I love ya, Justice, and I'm proud of you guys, Natalia and James!

Luc - At this point, which members of the team aren't you friends with? I'm jealous of how much you get to hang out with them.

Kloe - I'm still not friends with James Ando, which is disappointing. But yeah, there's certain benefits to being the face of the channel, including getting to hang out with athletes and call it work.

Liv - Speaking of Justise Kay, there's some interesting drama with her developing as we speak. It's very juicy, the kind of thing that our core demographic will love. But we want to get all the facts straight, and we don't want to go too off topic in this breaking news broadcast, so we're going to hold off and bring that to you later. I'm Liv Neri, my friends are Luc Kraus and Kloe Ostergaard, and from Prescott, Electrum, we're out for the day.
Puppet of Anglatia. An FanT/MT crossover nation ruled by a pantheon of gods and their chosen prophets.
Sporting Achievements: Global Cup of Soccer 2 Champion, NSCF 15 & 16 Mineral Conference champion. Winter Olympic Medals: 4 G, 5 S, 4 B

OOC: Nationalist, & Populist. #FreeKekistan

Union of Socialist Alpine Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Socialist Alpine Republics » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:43 pm

(A documentary on discovery channel)

offscreen voice: In the wild, lion males seldom live longer than 10 to 14 years, as injuries sustained from continual fighting with rival males greatly reduce their longevity. In captivity they can live more than 20 years. They typically inhabit savanna and grassland, although they

*every tv channels in North Eurasia abruptly switches to SNN (Southern News Network)*

another offscreen voice: Breaking News. An announcement from the North Eurasian leaders

Jennifer Henderson (news anchor): We are deeply sorry to cut your tv programs. The North Eurasian leaders are reunited in Ozorkow, Prusy Krolewskie. They have an announcement to make, which will change our future, and they have requested every channels in North Eurasia to broadcast our feed, SNN's feed. So good afternoon everyone, thanks for watching SNN, I'm Jennifer Henderson, one of the news anchor, and we're going to join Roxanne Wynter, our correspondent in Rzeczpospolita Pruska, which was known as Prusy Krolewskie before the revolution. Hello Roxanne!

Roxanne Wynter (correspondent in Rzeczpospolita Pruska, which used to be known as Prusy Krolewskie before the revolution): Hi everyone, I'm Roxanne Wynter, live from Ozorkow, Rzeczpospolita Pruska. All North Eurasian leaders are reunited here in Ozorkow and they have requested one hour on every tv network, so this is why every tv channel are broadcasting the SNN feed now. Let me list every leaders here. The president of Aquitaine-Languedoc, Michel Ribéry. The new president of Bangweulu Wetlands, who made a coup d'état yesterday, General Bismack Mutombo. The president of Basque Country, Elixabete Oyarzabal, Basque Country is part of Castilla y Catalunya. The president of Black Forest, Karl-Heinz Beckenbauer. The president of Botten, Emilia Sundin. The president of Castilla, Esmeralda Casillas. The president of Catalonia, Gerard Fabregas. The president of Cech a Slezska, Radoslav Jagr. The newly elected president of Costiera Amalfitana, Gianluca Pirlo. The president of the Republic of Great Caledonia and North Hybernia, which isn't a kingdom anymore, James McGregor. The president of Hrvatska i Prekodunavlje, Zeljko Rakitic. The president of Portugal, Ricardo Ferreira. The president of Rzeczpospolita Pruska, which was known as Prusy Krolewskie, Włodzimierz Krzynówek. The president of Samso, Lars Jørgensen. The president of the Southern Democratic States, Bill Rodgers. And finally, the president of the Southern Virgin Islands, Dwayne Sheehan. Wooo that's a lot of people! Now, I'm gonna pass the microphone to the president of Rzeczpospolita Pruska, Włodzimierz Krzynówek. Hi Mr. Krzynówek!

Włodzimierz Krzynówek (president of Rzeczpospolita Pruska): Hi everyone! Thank you dear lady (while looking at Roxanne Wynter). I'm so happy, I have something big to announce, it will change the face of North Eurasia forever! Are you ready? Every nations in North Eurasia but Pays d'en haut are uniting together to form a federal superstate! Don't worry, your nation won't lose too much independence or powers. It will be a largely decentralized federation. You know what's the name of the federation? We call it Union of Socialist Alpine Republics! Yep, that's the name! The federation is made with 30 socialist republics, let me list them all. Aquitaine-Languedoc will be one republic. Amalfi Coast will be another one. Bangweulu Wetlands too. And Bothnia. Bothnia is English for Botten by the way. Black Forest will be another republic. Bohemia and Silesia, which is the English name of Cech a Slezska, will be another republic. And Samsø. So we're now at 7 republics, we need 23 more. The Allied states of Castilla y Catalunya is an union of 4 states, Basque Country, Castilla, Catalonia and Portugal, so each of these 4 states will be a republic within the Union of Socialist Alpine Republics. We're now at 11 republics. Southern Virgin Islands will be divided in two: The Republic of Southern Virgin Islands and the Republic of the Guianas, so that makes two more republics, we're at 13. Great Caledonia is made of 5 countries: Britannia, Caledonia, Cambria, Hollandia and Hybernia and each of these 5 countries will be a republic whitin the U.S.A.R. so we're at 18 republics. Hrvatska i Prekodunavlje was also made of 5 republics: Carniola, Dalmatia, Herzegovina, Istria and Transdanubia. Dalmatia and Istria will merge together to form a republic. Carniola, Herzegovina and Transdanubia will be the other republics from the former Hrvatska i Prekodunavlje. So we have 4 more republics and the count is at 22 republics. Prusy Krolewskie or Rzeczpospolita Pruska has been divided in 3. Prussia East, Prussia West, which will be renamed the Republic of Alsace-Mecklenburg, and Isla Lubang, which was an oversea territory of Prusy Krolewskie. We're now at 25 republics. Finally each 5 states whitin the Southern Democratic States will be a republic. These states republics are: Chattahoochee, Okanogan, Saguenay, Sonoma and Wabash. We're now at 30 republics whitin the Union of Socialist Alpine Republics! Woo I spoke a lot I need to drink some water.

Bill Rodgers (president of the Southern Democratic States): Thanks Wlodz, so the Union of Socialist Alpine Republics is composed with 30 states. I bet you wanna know where's the capital? Who will be the president? What money we'll use? First, the capital city won't be here in Ozorkow and it won't be an existing capital either. We're going to build a new city from scratch! The new capital city will be under the Alps mountain range and it's temporary name is Underground City in English or Unterirdische Stadt in German. We're going to have our first federal elections next month, maybe during the World Baseball Classic, so we'll choose our first president at this time. Meanwhile, the current republics leaders and me are going to run the federation. Our new money will be named the Alpine Krone which will be divided in 100 pennies. The U.S.A.R. will also have it's army and let me talk about it. We'll build the strongest army in the multiverse so evil capitalist nations like the Free Republics or dictatorships like Gregoryisgodistan will fear us! The Southern Democratic States, Prusy Krolewskie, I mean Rzeczpospolita Pruska and Great Caledonia and North Hybernia all have a nuclear arsenal ready to fire at any evil capitalist nation and dictatorship! We're not planning to use it but if they force us, because they're evil, we'll be ready.

Radoslav Jagr (president of Bohemia and Silesia): Hey Bill, the national anthem.

Bill Rodgers: Oh yeah, the national anthem! We already got a national anthem, we asked one of the most popular songwriter from North Eurasia to write a national anthem and he's here in Ozorkow ready to perform the national anthem live, please welcome Paul!

Paul: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw0kJf_15QE

Bill Rodgers: Thank you Paul. Well let's open the question period. Any questions?

Zuzanna Wisniewska (journalist at Gazeta Pomorska): What happen to citizenship? Can I retain my Prussian citizenship or everyone in your union of alpine whatever will have the same citizenship?

Włodzimierz Krzynówek: Let me answer. Everyone will be an Alpine citizen. Actually if you're a Prussian citizen, you're automatically an Alpine citizen. A Southerner citizen automatically becomes an Alpine citizen. Everyoone will keep the same passport for a certain period, but once you will need to renew it, it will be an Alpine passport instead of a Prussian passport.

Sam Alexander (sports journalist and wife of Coconut Riddick, a southerner running back): Whats going to happen to national teams? Can the country send 2 or 3 republics team to each sporting event or all current national teams will merge together to form one national team?

Bill Rodgers: Yep, all current national teams will merge together. The Union of Socialist Alpine Republics will have just one national team for each sports. Republics teams could be used in the Global Cup of Soccer only.

Roxanne Wynter (SNN correespondent): You said, the new capital city will be underground. Will people live there? Why not having Floydsburg are the capital? What's going to happen to Floydsburg, will it remain a capital?

Bill Rodgers: Well, yes people will live in the underground city, 10,000 house units are planned and will be delivered in 2019. Floydsburg, being in the Southern Democratic States, isn't located at the center of the U.S.A.R., and the idea of having a new underground capital from scratch sounds better, no? And, well Floydsburg will lose it's title of capital, it will be just another town of the Southern Democratic States.

Włodzimierz Krzynówek: More questions?

Roxanne Wynter: Do we have like a flag?

Włodzimierz Krzynówek: Yes we have a flag, it's already designed. Basically we keep the green of Prusy Krolewskie and we have a cross like on Botten's flag and on the right we have the blue and red colors like on Hrvatska i Prekodunavlje's flag. The blue colors appears on many flags like Great Caledonia's flag and the Southern Democratic States flag.

Bill Rodgers: Another question? No?

Włodzimierz Krzynówek: I think we're going to end the press conference. Thank you everyone. Thank you Roxanne.

Roxanne Wynter: Thank you Mr. Krzynówek, Mr. Rodgers and every other North Eurasian, I mean Alpine leaders. Let's go back in studio with Jennifer.

Jennifer Henderson (news anchor): Wow I'm speechless. Let's go to a commercial break and then we'll analyse this with Bob Morgan.
Ranks:
Hockey: 15th | American Football: 8th | Baseball: 10th | Association Football: 65th | Rugby Union: 23rd

Champions: World Bowl XXXII
Runner Up: WCoH 36
3rd Place:
4th Place: WJHC 12, Independents Cup 4, Handball World Cup 21

Unified Beretania
Attaché

Founded: Apr 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Beretania » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:02 pm

Albavona Capitol Sentinel

Day 8 brings more disappointment but key athletes advance

The momentum Unified Beretania had early on has all but faded out as more disappointing results came in on the eighth day of competition.While some of the poor results were expected, some of the best athletes Beretania sent to the Olympics continued to come up considerably short.

In men's Super G in alpine skiing, Daniel House placed twenty fifth with 1:31.91. Jose Sanchez was twenty seventh with 1:32.05. Andrew Kaufman did not finish his run. Kaufman and Sanchez were thought to have a good chance at being competitive, but fell well below the standard to do so.

The men's curling team was handed it's second loss, this time to Krytenia, 10-5. After a surprisingly good start, the men's team has now lost two consecutive and is most likely headed for elimination.

In some good news for Beretania, Aurora Madden qualified in a tie for eleventh place with Aressë Telraias of Valanora for the final in women's freestyle skiing aerials. Both had a score of 89.95. Kerri Cunningham also qualified for the final but had to do so in the second round.where she posted a score of 92.13. Ilene Payne was eliminated in eighteenth in the second round after posting a 86.55 score. She had a dismal result in the first round of 56.15 in forty seventh.

The women's ice hockey team was eliminated from further play and the result all but seals the fate of ice hockey for Unified Beretania. Most likely, both men's and women's ice hockey will be dropped from further Unified Beretania Winter Olympic delegations.

Joe Rizzo met expectations and advanced to the semifinal in the men's short track speed skating 500 m event. He had a time of 41.505. Adrian McFall was eliminated in Quarterfinal 3 with a time of 41.521. Rizzo is the sole remaining chance for Unified Beretania to bring home a medal in short track speed skating.

Norman Baird as the sole athlete in men's skeleton finished seventy ninth overall with a total time of 3:34.99 after his four runs.

Day 9 Preview
Women’s 12.5 km Mass Start
Unified Beretania only sent athletes to the mass start events in biathlon. In the women's 12.5 km mass start, Ireland Klein has the best, most realistic opportunity to medal for Unified Beretania, while Delta Hewitt has an outside chance at a medal. Chrystal Robinson and Octavia Huerta are also representing Unified Beretania in the event.

Figure Skating — Men's Individual Short Program
Royal Wall will get his first opportunity towards earning another Beretanian Olympic medal in men's figure skating. Beretanian legend Stephan Chang was a gold and silver medal Olympian for Unified Beretania in the sport. Wall won the bronze medal in men's figure skating in the Winter Universiade I in Wrycrev, Kosovakia, and hopes to build on the momentum gained there, in the men's short program. Wall is Beretania's best men's figure skater, but fellow Beretanians Albert Petrescu and Kristofer Warner will also participate in the short program.

Freestyle Skiing — Women's Aerials — Final
The freestyle skiing women's aerials final features Aurora Madden and Kerri Cunningham. High expectations are being placed on Madden to challenge for a medal, especially after her qualifying results.

Luge — Doubles — Runs 1 and 2
Autumn McConnell and Emma Austin as well as Dan Atkins ans Sonny Lowe are competing in luge doubles but are not expected to be in range of medaling.

Snowboarding — Men's Snowboard Cross — Qualification
Bhargyaraj Gupta has a decent shot to perform well in qualification for the men's snowboard cross. Franklyn Woods, Zane Booth and Jonny Contreras will also make an effort but are all outmatched by the international elite in the sport.

Athlete Bio Royal Wall
Sport: Figure Skating
Hometown: Southern Gates

Royal Wall, 23, hails from the city of Southern Gates, the city of 145,860 with the claim to fame as the "Gateway to the South." It's a place with an antebellum spirit, lively and rich with culture, heritage and tradition. It's the kind of place where you borrow ten yents and pay back twenty as a common courtesy for inconveniencing someone. It's a city where everything is proper and in its place. Its beautiful, sprawling Victorian era mansions near the Oak Hill cemetery stand as a testament to the life that once was in Southern Beretania.

Along Alfred Santos Memorial Parkway, tucked away in the Winter Park Mall, there is an ice skating rink where Wall trains. It's in bad need of repair, with a roof that leaks and an outdated 70's motif. The Gateway Skate Center is where Wall practices tirelessly, chasing perfection.

Inspired by the likes of Stephan Chang, Beretania's two time Olympic medalist in figure skating, Wall hopes to add to the medal collection Unified Beretania has racked up in international competition. A Beretanian has reached the podium in men's figure skating in every edition of every international winter sports competition Unified Beretania has entered, including the Olympics. Wall himself even won bronze in Wrycrev, Kosovakia in the Winter Universiade I.

The big difference this time round however, is that this is the weakest field that Unified Beretania has ever sent to international competition in figure skating on both the men's and women's side. Wall really doesn't stack up well against some of the world's best despite having taken bronze in Kosovakia.

"I know I have an uphill battle going up against the world's best and the pressure to carry on the tradition in the sport is very important to me. It is definitely going to be a challenge," Wall said.

In fact, there is a very real possibility that Unified Beretania will come away without a medal for the first time in men's figure skating. A drop in popularity of the sport led to a shortage of elite talent, and as a result, Beretania is honestly not a threat in figure skating. Nevertheless, Wall is the highest ranked men's figure skater in the nation, and his bronze in Wrycrev has given him newfound confidence.

"I feel like I can push myself to succeed and I can make it if I try. I didn't expect to medal in Kosovakia, but because I did, I realized that I am better than I thought I was and I think I'm just too hard on myself," Wall said.

Growing up, Wall was relentlessly bullied, mostly for his name. Ice skating became a release for him, and he quickly gained a passion for the sport, yearning to be the best he could at it. That life path has taken him down the road to the Olympics. Now, Wall brings the southern hospitality and charm of his part of Unified Beretania to Prescott in hopes of returning to Southern Gates with a medal. Perhaps the bullies from his childhood are no longer laughing at him now.
Magic Millions National Lottery: (Jul 31) 7, 25, 29, 31, 32 Power Number: 8
Jackpot: $34,600,000
Hurricane watch: Hurricane Hugo to miss Beretania's east coast
Weather: Albavona- 64°, cloudy with evening showers
News Brief: Election Coverage:
Mayor of Albavona
Alyce Bruce 52%
Geoffrey Hampton 48%

Vice Mayor of Albavona
Chandra Byers 70%
Tameeka Durant 30%

Ward 10