NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 77 - Roleplay Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Spaam
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Spaam » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:55 am

Part 8

“This is impossible! We have to get it working!” The older man was frantic as the machine still wouldn’t work. Professor Torbanise had returned from another meeting with her majesty Queen Oruzaadov in high spirits, with the mission seemingly a success. Spaam was on track to qualify for the World Cup with back-to-back wins, and the effort to manipulate the results with magical propaganda seemed to be working. But the great machine, a monstrosity of stone, marble and gleaming metal, was centre to all of this, and was now inoperational. The professor circled the beast, examining everything, but it was in vain. No-one living knew how the machine really worked, and so he was helpless to understand why it would not. Notwithstanding that he couldn’t see that one small piece inside the machine was missing.

“I’m sorry professor, I don’t understand,” Mela lied. “I’ve done exactly the same thing that I’ve been doing for months. I’m not sure what could be different!” The younger woman had to keep her hands in her pockets so that the professor could not see them shaking. He couldn’t know that she had sabotaged the machine by removing a small cog, and throwing it in a deep canyon just near the entrance to the tunnel. Since this was the mountains, it would likely never be found again, which, as she tried to convince herself, was the right thing to do. The machine was playing with the communal consciousness, magically, or scientifically, she could never tell, creating propaganda to somehow make their national football team perform better.

“Everything is at stake, this cannot fail now, not when we are so close!” The professor wrung his hands in helplessness. “Mr. Martingale, turn on the radio, has the game started?”

The worker nearby turned on a digital radio, where the broadcast for the lastest qualifying game was in progress.

”...and Flaccus takes is deep down the side, Holamora tries to hold him back but he was beaten for pace, the Spaamanians are hustling around the goal trying to mark their players. The pressure has been relentless, and we’re in the fifth minute now as Holamora gives up the corner, unable to gather the ball cleanly. Everyone is getting into position now, the visitors West Saintland will have a good chance now. Juliana Fladius is taking the corner, she kicks it to just in front of goal and GOAL! Princess Amanda has tapped it in and Inasys had no chance to save that one. West Saintland the favourites score the first goal of the match after just six minutes here in Paatukar and the normally buoyant crowd are a lot quieter than usual…”

“I have to find out what went wrong, something has to have happened to the machine!” Professor Torbanise went back to a nearby desk where lay a computer and some monitors.

Mela looked worried. “What are you doing, Professor?”

“Looking at the security footage, there has to be some clue!” The professor peered carefully at the screens as he rewound the video feed.

The young woman looked ashen as realisation hit her. Of course the machine would be monitored, she chastised herself. He was about to discover the truth, and she stood there, frozen.

Minutes past before the professor froze himself. He looked up at Mela, who was standing there, guilt carved into her expression. “What have you done?” He stood up and started walking towards her. “Why in Zhogu would you do something like this?”

Mela started backing away as he advanced on her. “I had to! This is wrong, this whole expedition is wrong!” Her voice was getting louder as she spoke. “What we’re doing here is against the laws of nature and will come back to haunt us, just like it did before!”

“How dare you presume to know what is best, you arrogant girl! This is for the glory of Spaam! We must do whatever it takes to ensure that we become the great and powerful nation that we once were!” Professor Torbanise continued to advance on the young woman as he got louder himself.

“But not like this, this is not the way!” Mela pleaded.

The professor put his hand out. “Give me back the part.”

“It’s gone forever, I put it where no-one would ever see it again!” The young archaeologist had desperation in her voice.

It was this point that Torbanise pulled out a gun from his jacket and pointed it at his young protege. “You lie, give it back to me now!”

Mela raised her hands in the air. “I told you, I don’t have it! It's gone!”

The professor walked closer. “I will shoot if you don’t return it right now, I swear in all that is Zhogu.”

“Professor, no!” Mela shouted as at the same time, the older man stumbled on stray rock and fell, a gunshot ringing out in the air. The bullet shot up into the ceiling of the vast cavern and hit rock, a large cracking sound booming ominously.

“CAVE IN!” The workers shouted in panic as rocks started falling from the ceiling, as the half dozen people, Mela included ran for the tunnel. A large slab of grey stone fell from the roof and fell on the great machine, a cacophony of noise echoing out as stone, marble and metal cracked and was destroyed.

As the rocks stopped falling, the professor got to his knees and looked helplessly as machine he had dedicated years of his life in search for was rendered permanently useless.

As Mela exited the tunnel she ran for one of the trucks and got in. Starting the engine, she knew that she was now a fugitive and would have to get out of the country as soon as she could. Still, she thought, there are many other nations in the world.

”...and what a game, the home team has come away in a draw thanks to Fenzana’s half time equaliser. Spaam keeps their second place with that draw, with three other draws in their group, and maintain their slim chances to qualify for the first time in almost two hundred years…”

“You have failed us, Professor Torbanise.” A hooded figure stood behind the older man, who hadn’t moved from his helpless position in front of the machine. “You know the price.”

The professor was silent as the hooded figure turned away and walked towards one of the statues surrounding the giant pile of rubble in the centre of the cavern. He looked up at the face of deity called Kushlessi as the sound of blade run through the air, followed by a thump as something hit the ground and rolled.

“Thankfully, there are other ways to power in this place.”

The End
Yes, that Spaam
Runner-up WC7, WC13 & CoH24, Third WC6 & CoH20
(Co-)Host CoH3, CoH19, CoH20, CoH22, BoF19, BoF65, IC3
Winner AFLC3, Runner-up QWC7
(Co-)Host UC5, QWC7
Rugby League Scorinator

Veldgouwen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Veldgouwen » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:40 am

Afterwards, people would say that it was an iconic picture that made an important landmark in the history of integration of the country. Those who were in it, smiling and waving towards the crowd as if they had just scored a goal which brought them a huge leap forward in the battle for some important tournament or trophy – which they actually did, by marking the equalizer against the Phoenix – would later be revered for their symbolic role in one of the crucial underlying trends in social history of our century. It must be said that the timing of the photographer had been spot on, putting the two tall white-faced guys around the nimble yet powerful youngster, who accidentally didn’t happen to share the pigment type of the majority of his teammates.

Hannes Schaepdryver, because it was he who had pushed the leather against the net by cleverly spotting the space at the second post, rose one fist in victory, whilst grasping with his other hand around a slightly dazzled Yassin Tarki. No wonder, as the right winger from Grawarden had just made a rush of an approximate seventy yards, bringing himself from just outside his own box, awaiting the fallout of a corner kick, to near the corner flag at the opposite side where he scooped a cross pass with the precision of a brain surgeon all the way to the head of Schaepdryver. If Tarki would have smiled more, the top of his head would’ve fell off. The third person, Piet Masschelin who had cleverly distracted key defender Ciliano with a running action towards the first post, was the only one not watching the away fans but pointed towards the camera, with a grin stuck halfway after a primal scream and an arm around his teammate.

Marvelous. Iconic. Symbolic. One of those pictures that required big words, apparently, and one of those pictures on which an Arts student could do a complete doctoral research – one actually did.

Due to its beautiful connotation, it would be spoiling the atmosphere to point at what the picture doesn’t show. Seven other players who don’t make any effort to step towards the celebrating trio, for instance. A crowd with a small hesitation, a small tremble in their cheer before accepting that not applauding for a late one-one is just a waste of a pretty expensive plane ticket. A manager who lifts a thumb towards his two strikers – at the moment explained by the reporter as ”satisfaction about stubbornly holding on to his plan for a pair of star strikers, instead of sensibly replacing either by a more matching profile”. Admittedly, that’s what it looked like, so let's not blame the guy.

It would indeed be raining on the parade to claim that it might have had to do something with a small conversation that coach, Johan Valkeniers, had with his set of attackers, urging them to involve the 19-year old newcomer with the darker skin in their celebrations if he had had any part in the goal whatsoever. To reminisce about how they had first been stunned, then even mildly protested but eventually had bowed to the will of their manager in the knowledge that, after all, he’s still the man who made the decisions and that objecting against his ‘petty wishes’ could only turn out negative for them in the long run.

No, that would really be too anticlimactic to do. Especially about such a marvelous, iconic and symbolic photograph.
Last edited by Veldgouwen on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anglatia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglatia » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:43 am

Hustlers United

Chapter Nine

“Let’s have a chat about responsibility,” said Allison Torres, as she and Allie Vacek stepped into the hallway outside of Allie’s apartment. The hall was empty for now, making it a perfect spot to have this conversation. Nobody was there to listen in on them, and Allie’s siblings were still inside the apartment along with Eshe. But that isolation was also what scared Allie. If Allison was bringing her here to talk about this, she likely wouldn’t be happy about what she had to say. Allie wanted to get out of it, but it wasn’t going to be easy to escape this responsibility talk now that she had missed yet another practice.

“Yeah, sure, whatever. I’ll talk with you about this as long as you make a promise to me that you won’t spread the news about what you saw in there,” Allie replied, leaning against the wall and making eye contact. “You weren’t supposed to see that. And that girl… She’s not my girlfriend, okay? She’s just someone from my past that I’m back in contact with, and I wouldn’t call us anything more than friends-”

Allison clearly didn’t believe Allie, and she shrugged. “I won’t tell a soul. There’s more important things to talk about than your relationships. Like, as I said, responsibility. I think that when you moved to here from the Lane Jets, you never realized how different things would be. Look, Allie, I consider you a friend and I don’t mean to be insulting when I say this, but you act like you’re still an amateur playing for a school team. It’s not like that anymore. You have responsibilities here and you haven’t done a good job of keeping up with them. I don’t know what practice was like in Lane, but missing it is a big deal here-”

“I know, but I never missed practice in Lane because it didn’t suck. That’s the honest answer to why I haven’t had perfect attendance. In Lane, the coaches knew how to use my skills properly and they gave me all the creative freedom I wanted. Over here, they treat me like just another player,” sighed Allie. “I try to explain that I’m not like everyone else and most people at this club think I’m just being pretentious. They don’t understand that I have a different vision for the game than ninety nine percent of the other players in the world, and that you can’t really coach generational talents.”

“Well, it does sound kind of pretentious when you put it like that. But I don’t care if training with our club isn’t fun for you. The team isn’t going to respect you unless you start showing up, and they’re going to start resenting you because they’ll think that you’re lazy. It doesn’t matter if your work ethic is better than it looks to an outsider, because they aren’t going to know that. You also have to start showing up if you want to be on the good side of management for once. Tulio has done his best to be patient with you, but you haven’t done much to prove to him that he made a good choice,” said Allison. “I’m saying this as a friend. I want you to succeed, but if you keep acting the way that you’ve been acting recently, the rest of the players and the fans are going to start thinking that you’re just an immature kid and they’re going to turn on you faster than you ever thought they could. Your escapades are getting into the media and it’s not just the media from your home country that’s running the stories, the Fleftic media has started to follow you too. Everyone doesn’t know you as the generational talent that you say you are. They think that you’re a rich brat who only cares about partying hard and hanging out with your Anglatian friends-”

“That’s nothing like the truth! How can anyone think I’m rich and spoiled after seeing where I grew up? Do they think that because I went to a private school? Don’t they know that I didn’t even have the grades and that the only reason I was able to get in was because I was good at football? Don’t they realize that after my dad left me and my mom, it was a struggle just to put food on the table?” asked Allie, her voice distraught. “I’m no rich brat-”

“And I don’t think you are, either, but I’m not talking about reality. I’m talking about perception. It doesn’t matter if the truth says that you aren’t like that, because there’s no way for everyone else to know that if you keep acting this way. Also, even though you’re going to hurt your career if you continue, there’s more at stake than just that. You’re hurting your family, too. Junior and Sive both look up to you, and you haven’t been a good influence on them at all. Junior is a hothead around his youth teammates because he wants to be like you, and Sive… She’s not doing too well. She really wants to be you, Allie. She imitates you in everything, from your dress to your speech, and she’s going to get herself in trouble,” continued Allison. “Have you seen her social media posts? She’s threatening to beat up reporters to defend you, and she’s trying to put herself over her teammates because she thinks that she’s like you and that she can win as a lone wolf. Oh, and there’s also the rap videos and the gang stuff…”

“Rap videos and gang stuff?” asked Allie, raising an eyebrow. She was kind of ashamed to not be keeping up with her own half siblings, but since she was always busy with her own career, keeping up with everything they did was easier said than done. “What are you talking about?”

“You haven’t seen the videos? She posts at least one every week, with her and her friends rapping about guns and drugs and money while wearing Bay Mafia apparel,” Allison sighed. “I don’t know much about that, but I know it has to do with a gang in your country. Junior is in some of the videos too, and they’re going to get themselves in trouble. Sive is only, what… Sixteen? Seventeen? And Junior is fifteen. They’re just kids, they shouldn’t be messing with this stuff like gangs and drugs, but they think it’s going to make them like you. Were you in the Bay Mafia or something?”

“No! Well… I’ve thrown up their signs in pictures before, but nothing more than that. Blaze Chrzanowska is a member, maybe they got the idea because I hang out with her on international duty. I don’t know. They probably rep them because of our family’s roots in Underfell, where the Mafia is from. They were born in Bathgate, but our dad and his whole family is from Lower Valeria. My mom was from there, too, and her parents and grandparents were in East Underfell before it went bad,” explained Allie. “If they want to take after me and rap about drugs and cash, why is it a problem? It’s not like I’m not here to look after them-”

“You don’t get it, do you? They want to be you, but they aren’t you. You might be able to act like that and get away with it because of your skill on the pitch, but even though they’re good prospects, they don’t have that same skill that you do. When people look at you, they see a popular footballer being a popular footballer. When they look at your siblings, they’re going to think that they’re just street thugs. They’re ruining their reputations and hurting their own careers with this-”

“Leave it be, Sonny. If they do anything too stupid, I’ll talk to them. But I’m not going to tell them to stop doing what they like because it’s unpopular,” Allie said, waving away Allison’s concerns. She sighed, and there were a few seconds of silence where neither of them spoke, and they just looked at each other. Allie’s face softened during that time, and she looked away and stared at her feet. Her mood had shifted completely, and she couldn’t stop tears from welling in her eyes. Allison didn’t know what this was about, but tried to put a hand on her shoulder to keep her calm.

“Hey, don’t cry. I didn’t mean to be too harsh, if that’s the problem. It’s just that-”

“It’s not you,” Allie said, holding back tears. “It’s everything. I want to go home, Sonny. You’d never understand. You would never understand what it’s like to be thousands of miles from home, in a strange foreign country that’s not like your own, with the weight of the world on your shoulders. Everybody has so many expectations for me and nobody just wants to let me be me. I’m uncomfortable under the coaches here, the rest of the team and I haven’t really gelled well, and all my close friends are so far away that they can barely help me get through things. I thought that maybe finding love could help me, but I’d be stupid if I thought that anyone that I have feelings for seriously likes me back. I just want to go back to Lane at this point and find some way to play for my old manager… Or even my youth national team manager, Zach Drauss.”

“Don’t say that… You don’t really want to go home, do you? You just haven’t finished adjusting yet-”

“No matter how much I adjust, this place will never be home!” Allie snapped, dropping to the ground and sitting with her back to the wall as she began to cry. “I might survive here, but it will never be a home to me. I can guarantee that… Just go, Sonny. You didn’t make anything better with this talk, all you did is remind me of everything I already knew I was doing wrong. If I could have stopped acting like this, I would have done it already, but it’s not that simple! I just want to go home to where people will accept me and where my team understands me!”

“Allie, calm down, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you feel worse. I’ll try to tell the others how you feel, okay? I’ll talk to Tulio about it and I’ll leave you alone for now,” Allison said, backpedaling after realizing that she may have broken Allie’s spirits completely with this talk. “I know it doesn’t seem like it, but things will get better for you, probably sooner than later. And I’ll try to make sure that the others know how hard this is for you. Your time in Ceneisis hasn’t been what you thought it would be, but that’s fine. You’re just taking longer than usual to adapt, that’s all.”

“Just leave me,” ordered Allie, standing up and turning her back and starting to walk away. “I need to go clear my head. Tell Tulio that I’ll talk to him myself tomorrow… His coaching is where my problems start and end, right now. I think if I ever adjust to this place, it’s going to start with a change from him.”

=====

Hakki Ojala would have an easier time rising to superstar status than he had originally assumed. Stefan had come over not just to talk, but to bring over a bunch of endorsement offers that had rolled in after Hakki proved his worth during last season with Real Azuris, and with the Imperial national teams. There were offers from clothing companies, from car companies, from shoe companies, and more, and there were also some offers that would take more time commitments but would provide more visibility. “What is this? An offer for a TV show?” Hakki asked, pointing to one set of papers that were lying on the coffee table. “Looks like it’s… A reality show?”

“Keeping Up With The Explorers,” said Stefan, reading the name from the top of the first paper. “It’s supposed to be produced by the Ross Media Company, or ROMCO. They want to follow around you, Hector, and a few of the other national team members. They’re going to pay you a hefty price for it, but you’re going to have to have cameras following you everywhere at certain times if you agree. It could give us some good publicity, or it could backfire if the show isn’t popular.”

“Hey Margo, what do you think of being on a reality show?” Hakki shouted towards the kitchen, where Margo Every was finishing with cooking the giant fish that he’d gutted earlier. “We have an offer from ROMCO, they’re a pretty big company where I’m from and they want to have me on their new reality show about the Anglatian national team members. We’d get followed by cameras a lot, but they’re going to pay us a ton to show up on there along with Hector Grier and some of my national team teammates. I think it could do a lot for publicity, if you want to do it.”

“You won’t find me complaining about a chance to get on TV. Sounds good,” said Margo, stepping out of the kitchen and into the living room where Hakki and Stefan were looking over the papers. “When’s this thing going to film?”

“For part of this offseason and for part of the season, when it starts up again,” answered Stefan, examining the offer. “This paper isn’t the final contract that you have to sign, it’s basically a preliminary offer. If you guys are interested, I can call up Ross Media and tell them that you’re interested and that you want the contract. We can also get some more of the details from them, and find out who else is going to be involved with the filming. But before you do that, you should look at the other TV offer that you have.”

“What’s this one?” Hakki asked, reaching for the other stack of papers.

“The same company that does Allie’s show, Clans. Except this is an animated show… It’s sort of like an anime thing. You’ll have to look the details up yourself, because the offer doesn’t have them, but they want you to voice the Upper Valerian character,” explained Stefan. “There’s also one more offer, which is for Clans itself. You’d be another co-star on there, with Allie. They think that you two would have chemistry, and the network likes to bring on celebrities as actors because it gets them views. The season is already filming in Ceneisis, but they want you to join for the second half. They don’t pay as much, but I think you’d get more publicity from showing up there because the show is so popular. What do you want to do?”

“Call up ROMCO and tell them that I want to do the reality thing. We’ll talk more about Clans later, because I wouldn’t mind working with Allie again. The rest of the cast is pretty star studded too, it would be a fun time to join them,” shrugged Hakki. “I’m going to become as popular as Allie and Darren, no matter what I have to do for that. If I have to do it through TV… So be it.”
THE EMPIRE OF GREATER ANGLATIA: Partially retired loner
Sports Victories: Sporting World Cup II, Beach Cup XII, Emperor's Cup I Champions and Emperor's Cup II Runner Ups, Sporting World Cup I Third Place, U15 WC 9 Third place

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:56 am

As the sun slowly peaked over the hills, Sunrise slowly woke up.
In an usual day, he'd wake up early to fix some breakfast for everyone, give how he still was the one that knew how to cook.
Thing is, it wasn't an usual day.
He tried to get up from bet, only to find a certain foxy girl standing over him, looking rather happily to him.

"Hey..."
"Uh... Good morning..."
"Sooo... You know what day is this, right?"
"...Oregon's Birthday?"
"No."
"..."
"..."
"..."
Kitsunia gave him a very mean look.
"...Don't tell me you forgot."
"...Heheheh."
He gave her a smooch, laughing a bit.
"I didn't. Valentine's Day, am I right?"
"Y-yes! You didn't forget!"
"C'mon. Did you really think I'd forget?"
"...Maybe."
"Relax. I'm going to make us some breakfast."
"Fine, I'll be waiting."
She smiled, remaining on bed.
Sunrise walked out of his room, sighing.

"...Damn, I did forget."

Sunrise made his best breakfast possible.
Kitsunia had to rush to her job, eating her sandwich and a glass of orange juice before running out.
Sunrise waved to her, but as she left, he sighed.

"Uh... You OK, Sunrise?"
"Not... really. I forgot today was Valentine's Day."
"You did what?"
"Vewy unwise, daddy!"
"...Call me Sunrise. And fine, sure, my fault. I didn't remember, OK?"
"Valentine's Day is important, remember?"
"Yup!"
"It's the day we give things to our loved ones!"
"But... I already take care of her all the time. And you. And you're staying in my place as well out of my generosity."
"It's diffewent!"
"Yeah. We take it seriously."
"In all fairness, I had prepared something."
"...Why?"
"...I'm sorry?"
"I thought it was supposed to be about the loved ones."
"Well... since I'm living with you guys and I think my past might've led to Kitsunia hating me, so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to make up for it."

Kitsunia looked at the gift, nearly on tears of emotion.
"T-the first disc from my favorite band, the Founding Hedgehogs! Sunrise, where did you find it?"
"You know me."
He smiled, giving her a smooch afterwards.
"I can't reveal my secrets."
"I think I need to give you something as well. Would you go to our room? Left it there."
"U-uh... OK!"
Sunrise ran back to his room.
Kitsunia looked at a snickering Chrom before patting him in the head.

"Uh... Hi, Kitsunia?"
"You helped him out, didn't he?"
"H-how did you figure it out?"
"I've been tracking this record for years and then someone with the nickname Chromatoscope buys it on an auction."
"Eheh..."
"Anyway, thanks. My Valentine's Day is much better now."
"You're not mad about Sunrise not getting you a gift?"
"Small secret, Chrom."
She smiled, showing him the disc's cover.
"I only remembered St. Valentine's Day yesterday at work."
Chrom's eyes widened.
"Don't tell Sunrise."

A nice little jingle played on the background as the words "Cooking with Southwestern Sunrise" appeared on front.
Southwestern Sunrise was wearing a nice appron over her clothes with the words "Hug the Chef" and a heart over it. On her side was a reeling Sunrise, with bandages over his head.
"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to a most special Cooking with Southwestern Sunrise! I'm your host, Southwestern Sunrise, here with my older brother Sunrise as my assistant for tonight's very special show!"
"...Ugh."
"Uh... mister Sunrise, what happened?"
He looked to his side, pointing to Kitsunia holding a frying pan.
Sunrise sighed, talking in a rather monotone voice.

"I'm here to prove that I care about Kitsunia even though the gift I gave her was actually obtained by Chrom."
"B-but what about the bandages?"
Kitsunia raised an eyebrow, showing the frying pan.
"That answers your question, sweet little Southwestern?"
"And here I thought Valanora was unforgiving, sheesh."
"Might've gotten some tips from her."
"But you didn't even give me any gifts either!"
"You sure?"
"...that counts as a gift now?"
"You should consider it a gift."
"I consider that as reciprocal."
"..."
"Anyway, it's good we're here. Seeing as me and Southwestern are fantastic cooks, maybe you can learn something as well."
Kitsunia raised her frying pan.
"I MEANT COOKING WISE!"
She lowers her weapon, shrugging.
"..."
"Ooookay, then! So Kitsunia is here as well as my other assistant! Say hello to the viewers, Miss Kitsunia!"
"...What viewers?"
The two Sunrises looked at each other, realizing that Kitsunia couldn't see the camera.
"Southwestern likes to think this is a TV show. Don't mind her."
"And only Sunrises can see the camera as well... That's why you don't notice it!"
Chrom walked past the three to get a pot of mayo.
As he was on his way back, passing once again by the three, he stops midway.

"Nice camera. Where did you guys get it?"
"..."
"...And Chroms. Uh... Chromii."
"...Okay then."
He shrugs, leaving the scene.
"Anyway, what's our greatest recipe for this greatest holiday?"
"Tonight, we're baking a Hearty White Chocolate Cheesecake. A perfect dish for your Valentine's Day!"

WHAT YOU NEEED
- 4 squares of white chocolate
- 3 packages of cream cheese (exported from Paradystopia or not)
- 3/4 of a cup of white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 of a cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 jar of strawberry jam
- A heart-shaped cookie cutter

Kirisaki appears on the frame, carrying Chrom's Azumarill Egg.
"Hey, I heard you guys needed eggs!"
"U-uh, Miss Kirisaki, I meant three chicken eggs... you know, the animal ones."
"...Aren't Pokémons animals?"
"No. They can think, dear."
"Yeah. And they are more powerful than animals themselves."
"That's... valid reasoning, but still-"
Kirisaki is stopped mid-sentence.
"MY EGG!"
"Gotta go."
She runs out of the frame, being followed by Chrom.
"...Is it always like this?"
"After Chrom moved in, yeah."
"So... How do we start the cake?"
Southwestern sighs, forming her usual smile.
"To start, we need to preheat our oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Remember, kids, to always have an adult by your side, ovens can be very dangerous."
Kitsunia turns the heat on, laughing.
"Glad to help."
"Meanwhile, wrap the outside of a 10-inch springform pan with foil, all the while have the inside of it greased."
Sunrise shows that exact same thing done.
"Wow, you're really quick!"
"Well, I'm already sort of a cook. Why so surprised?"
"N-nothing, sir. Well, we need to place cream cheese, sugar and flour in a mixing bowl and mix it until it's light and fluffy."
Sunrise proceeds to handle it all quite well.
"Meanwhile, have someone beat the eggs one at a time and mix them with the rest after each addition."
Kirisaki and Chrom once again appear in the frame, the former running from the latter, the Azumarill egg still at hands.
"Again, not an Azumarill Egg. Don't be uncultured. Melt the white chocolate and mix it as well into the mixture. You'll have to do the same with the heavy cream and the vanilla."
While Sunrise handled things, Kitsunia looked at the heavy cream itself.
"Why a rabbit is on this?"
"The company that made these products likes Sonic Advance."
"...That doesn't make sense in the slightest."
"Arch."
"Oh."
"With all that mixed up, you can now put the miture into our prepared springform pan. Make sure to place it in a water bath filled with warm water. You'll now bake it at 150 degrees Celsius for about an hour or until the center of the cheesecake is firm."
An hour passed as Sunrise took out the cheesecake from the oven.
Now, we have to wait another hour for our cheesecake to cool down. We don't want another Western Sunrise incident!"
"Or..."
Kitsunia throws a Pokéball, sending out a Froslass.
"Have an Ice Pokémon help you out. Froslass, can you cool this cake down a bit?"
The Froslass nods, causing small ice flakes to fall down over the cake. With this, it quickly goes to room temperature.
Without anything else to do, she returns to her Pokéball.

"So, you caught a Froslass?"
"Well, a Snorunt at first. She learned quick."
With all that done, use the cookie cutter to form heart-shaped holes where you can pour jam on. This way, your Hearty White Chocolate Cheesecake is ready for your Valentine's... specially if you want to apologize for forgetting your gift!"
"Uh... Yeah. I apologize, Kitsunia."
"It's fine... In a way, being with you is enough of a gift, isn't it?"
"Uh... R-really?"
"Yeah. But next time, I want a proper gift."
And with this, I'm Western Sunrise and Happy Valentine's Day!"
Western Sunrise appears in frame.
"..."
"E-eh? Hi, Madam Western Sunrise!"
"Western Sunrise Incident, you say?"
"...U-uh..."
"That hot cookie!"
"Y-you should've waited before eating it!"
She quickly hides behind her older brother.
Sunrise looks around, Western Sunrise looking angrily towards him.

"...Want cake?"
Last edited by Northern Sunrise Islands on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Schottia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schottia » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:59 am

The Art of Sneaking

Part nine.

Rejection

When the Reverend Colin Moffatt had said that the CCTV screens were "in the tower" he wasn't kidding. After crouching through a small doorway next to his office, Claire Hanson found herself being led up a narrow, winding set of wooden steps. The dust-laden rafter overhead hung with cobwebs, and seemed to have the effect of cancelling out the small amount of light, there was. By the time they pushed through another low doorway, and into the CCTV-room, Claire was quite out of breath. It occurred to her - just for a second - how bad it would be if she were to go into labour all the way up there. It was a chilling thought, which she quickly put from her mind.

'Okay, this might take a little bit of time.' Colin said, offering Claire the only seat, which she accepted gladly. While the topic of her pregnancy had been avoided downstairs, it was obvious enough she was expecting. 'Do you remember, by any chance, exactly which day it was? And do you have a rough time?'

Claire was still a little red in the cheeks. 'It was the 24th, I know that for sure.' She then tilted her head back in concentration. 'As for the time: I think my Dad said midnight-ish. So maybe can we scan quickly forward from about eleven thirty?'

Colin nodded, as he leant over and began to enter the information in the play-back function. The room had an uncanny feel to it. It was incredibly cramped, and the floorboards beneath their feet felt like an afterthought. As Claire angled her head from side to side, she could see a little daylight between the cracks, and it unnerved her further. In front of her sat a bank of monitors, not particularly expensive or modern, and there was large tower system unit, which whirred away in the corner, blowing dusty warm air in their direction.

'O-kay.' Colin finished typing, hitting the final click on the mouse with some real purpose. 'That's playing forward from eleven thirty in double time speed, just click on the symbols on the screen to: pause, play, slow it down, rewind, etc.' He stood back folding his arms, gesturing to Claire that she was in control.

It was funny that in many ways Colin hadn't changes a bit. Claire knew from the start just how easy it would be to get him to agree to help her. It wasn't so much that he had a soft spot for her; he just had a soft spot in general. She had seen his good nature exploited way too often; his eagerness to please everyone inevitably meaning he never got round to pleasing himself. Perhaps she had taken advantage of him too. If he had been more persistent, or even just stood up to her a little bit more, then she might not have cast him to one side the way she did. In terms of her usual partners, Colin had been a bit of a departure. He was always something of an outsider, studious, he kept his head down - in some respects he was an improvement.

It had taken Claire a long time to get her life to a stage where she was happy. Mistakes had been made along the way, but she had no one to blame but herself. Dumping Colin had in some ways been the conscious decision to turn her back on a steady life. There was a freedom that being single brought with it, the need to please no one but yourself. This way of life had suited her for a long time, but it came with some baggage, the most notable of those being: Loneliness. You couldn't just live your life on a whim forever, and it was perhaps no coincidence that the upturn in her life came about not long after she met Leonardo. The job with the under-fifteens came shortly after that, then, eventually she returned to the top job in the country. You could trace a path back through the chaos, past all the decisions that lead her to where she was. Was Leonardo perfect? No. But then again neither was she. What was important was that he understood her, and she understood him.

'So sorry Colin.' Claire interrupted; looking at the time on the screen. 'Could I actually take you up on that cup of tea please. I'm starting to feel a little bit, eh...' She made the action of fanning her face. Maybe she could play the pregnancy card.

'Oh yes, of course.' Colin sprung to action. 'Milk, sugar?'

'Both please, I think my sugar levels are getting a little low.' She continued to monitor the time in the corner of the screen; she was keen to get him out of the room.

'No probs Claire, back in a jiffy.' He turned and descended the stair. 'I'll even give you one of our special Livingstone Kirk Fair mugs!' He called back as his voice trailed off into the distance.

'Oooh..! Can't Wait.' Claire called before it was her turn to spring into life. She sped the playback up a little more, watching intently on the area at the top of the screen, where the perpetrator was likely to emerge. She wasn't confident she would be able to identify the kids around here these days, but she was adamant that she would find someone who could. It was getting close to midnight, it had to be any second now.

And there it was! A tall figure, with thick dark hair and a long jacket came bundling along the road and stood leaning on the church railings. Claire switched it to slow motion, leaning in to try and make them out. It was hard to tell. They didn't look like your usual young vagabond, there was something about the way they were dressed. Eventually the individual turned round, and Claire just about had a heart attack. It wasn't the best of images, it was a little grainy, but there was no mistaking the fact that it was Gary Corsie.

It took Claire the best part of a minute to regain her sensibilities. She looked out through the doorway to check Colin was still out of the picture, before removing her phone and taking a video of screen. She kept watching him closely however, and slowly but surely her rage was replaced a feeling of concern. Whom was he speaking with? Gary seemed quite animated, not like someone in a panic. It was as if he were talking to someone standing in the street next to him, but try as she might, Claire couldn't make out another figure on the screen. She rewound and played it forward several times, but at no point did anyone else leave the alleyway with him. Was Corsie was standing, facing thin air, shaking hands with some imaginary person?

Claire was standing so close to the screen in the dimly lit room, that her vision was starting to blur by the time she heard Colin coming back up the stairs. 'Okay, one tea coming up.'

'Thanks Colin.' Claire called back, frantically fast-forwarding the footage to the point after which Corsie left. Right now she needed to think, and she didn't want Colin's input on what she should do with this information. She had to handle it sensitively. She had always known that Gary was unstable, but even having witnessed his slow decline first hand, she could not have prepared herself for this. There was a mixture of guilt thrown in for sure. Her hands weren't squeaky clean in all of this, and the anger that she felt about the sacking incident had probably stopped her from ever confronting what she had done herself. Had she aided in some way to the young man's decline? Or had this been the inevitable end point for someone who life had pushed too far?

'Hey,' Colin handed over the large mug, handle first. 'Seen anything interesting.'

'Eh, no. Nothing.' Claire was forced to lie. 'My Dad must have been mistaken, or maybe the kid jumped a fence somewhere else along the path.' She looked at the very badly produced Church Fair mug. It was a cheap white number, with a pixely photograph from the event imposed on the side.

Colin noticed her looking at the picture. 'It was a really good year last year. We raised a lot of money for a very great cause.' Claire smiled as best she could in response. 'Y'know, we are always looking for prominent local people to get involve. Last year we had Sylvia Chrisley doing the official opening - she's the woman who holds the national record for growing Schottia's largest onion.'

'Impressive.' Claire said, nodding her head slowly as she tried to shake the image of Corsie from her mind.

'That's what I thought too, six point eight kilogramme it weighed; the thing was bigger than your head.' Colin took a sip from his own mug. 'If, eh, you or your husband would maybe like to take part this year - in any way - then maybe we could have you at the official opening?'

'Sorry?' Claire said looking up as she shook herself from a dream. 'Eh, Church Fair, yeah. Maybe. I'll need to ask Leo.'

'Okay no worries at all Claire.' Colin seemed a little embarrassed to have been turned down, in not so many words. It seemed to be something Claire had a knack for. At least this time her father wasn't going to throw him in an icy puddle to compound his misery. 'Anyway, sorry I couldn't have been more help with the old, eh, CCTV stuff.'

'That's okay Colin,' Claire put on her best smile. 'Thanks so much for trying, and yeah... I'll speak to Leo about your Church Fair.' Throwing him a bone made her feel a little better.

Urgh..! Claire hated sweet tea, but it had been a necessary decoy in the deception. She now had to drink at least half of it to not seem like a total bitch, after sending the poor guy all the way down to make it. Anyway, sometimes sacrifices had to be made, as one's path in life never ran smoothly for long. What to do next was going to take some real soul searching, but she had achieved as much as she could here. Perhaps Claire was finally learning the art of sneaking.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:21 pm

KORIZLAND 1-2 TINHAMPTON: HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN
Tin City come back to leapfrog Korizland as string of gambles pay off, although Jones out for a month
Korizland 1 (Recep 34') -- Tinhampton 2 (Jones injured 43'; P Wright 67'; Wood 75')

Straight Outta Character: This roleplay is intended to show how our government deliberated on whether or not to ban Brian Leeper, as detailed in Issue #673 "The Deportation of Mr. B. Leeper". He was kept in.
Tinhampton City Hall - Room CJ - Afternoon, Valentine's Day 2017
  • Chair of the Committee, Harry Glasgow AM (UCP): It is now four in the afternoon. We are here today in our first meeting since 1977 to debate: Should Brancalandian pop star Brian Leeper be deported? Is this really a good time to talk about this? Why is there a bunch of music emanating from one of the other rooms? And is everybody here?
  • Crowd: Yay!
  • Harry Glasgow: If that is the case, we shall begin business. The background to this story today: Brian Leeper - whose fans are affectionately called Bleepers - was recently the 3rd most important Brancalandian in a recent survey organised by the Multiversal Influence Rankings, coming below our WA ambassador Alexander Smith, and just a smidgen above the mayor of Raven City, Ravania Ultra. Mr Leeper has recently been accused of his tenth arrest in the past year, in addition to what is alleged to be his 158th arrest in his life, by urinating on a fire hydrant (an act prohibited by the federal Tinhampton (Decency in Public Spaces) Bylaws 1982). Although the Assembly petitions site is closed for election season, and no new ballot measures can be added, a petition calling upon the Immigration Committee to debate this has reached the prerequisite 10% of signatures necessary for debate. Firstly, we shall hear from the creator of this petition, Kenneth McKinnon of Stratford Hill, Westside district.
  • Ken McKinnon: Let it be known that we - we, the good people of Tinhampton; we who care about music; we who care about the world of entertainment; we who care about the latest and greatest celebrity adventures; and we who care about the law - demand that Bryan Leeper, an egregrious violator of laws Tinhamptonian and foreign, be deported (with all due haste) back to his frozen wasteland-slash-homeland of Brancaland. In addition, we, the good people of Tinhampton, further demand that Mr Leeper is to be declared a public menace! No more shall he return to our land; no more shall his horrendously cheesy music be playing on our airwaves; no more shall I continue speaking here about this simple matter!
  • Harry Glasgow: The floor is now open for one question each from our three old-timer members that bothered to sign up, plus one that only came to break ties and shit. Jamila Mohammed?
  • Committee Member Jamila Mohammed (FDP): When you were giving your speech, from another room, I overheard the words "you kill Queen Margaret in a duel". Who exactly does that refer to?
  • Harry Glasgow: I believe that the Gregoryisgodistani employee we have somewhere in here was doing their mandatory national anthem recitation. You can trust me on this matter. I have been up watching football on the TBS red button for enough mornings to detect this. Suzanne from the TFA was kind enough to show me the infosheet on the World Cup she got, which said that Queen Margaret led one of the host nations, I'm not sure which right now, but that's not the point. Kieran Davis?
  • Committee Member Kieran Davis (SDL): I have been to Brancaland, Quaybeck in particular, and I have found it a nice land, a bit extreme with the weather, but otherwise with good music, and that's just the five-year-old crap they had to play during the QPR strike. What exactly would be the point in deporting Mr Leeper?
  • Harry Glasgow: Music takes a backseat in this argument, in honesty, despite what Mr McKinnon proclaims. The real debate here is over his crimes. Various nations - TAO the Watcher and their TAO-brand colonies among them - have banned Mr Leeper for his various crimes, with the crime in TAO the Watcher being the failed execution of a shopkeeper in a rural post office. However, other nations (particularly your nations like Pencil Sharpeners 2) have welcomed him back time and time again. In fact, only in General Malaise and colonies has he never committed a crime. Make of that what you will. Jack Raltie?
  • Committee Member Jack Raltie (MIN): I would like to abstain from this round of questioning.
  • Harry Glasgow: Granted. James Smith?
  • Committee Member James Smith (T1P): What exactly is that angered smashing I hear from behind the door?
  • Harry Glasgow: I believe that it is our next speaker, the Brancalandian Foreign Minister - the name escapes me. HAVE YOU STOPPED YET, MR DIPLOMAT GUY?
  • Brancalandian Foreign Minister, Brigette Sommer: ...Actually, that'll be Mrs Diplomat Gal. Or, to put it more or less succinctly, Brigette Sommer, Foreign Minister of Brancaland since 2014. I was just smashing a bunch of Bryan Leeper song-containing physical media storage units with this hockey stick that was supposedly lost when the Mountfake Flowers' captain came to visit me when I was still Prime Minister about 10 years ago. I would be speaking in French now, but I know you want to get on with this quickly. I would like to reassure you that, contrary to what you may or may not have heard, we don't want the little brat over here! So, here goes: As I came here, I bumped into about ten other ambassadors, one of them being your allegedly long-serving ambassador from Maxtopia, who I'll call Max, for obvious reasons. After asking him a few questions, Max told me that there's an outstanding legal controversy in Maxtopia, which has the death penalty but which is a crime that could lead to jail over there. So, why not extradite him there? Of course, I am completely overlooking that time he expressed a wish to blow up Automagfreek's parliament in a 2014 concert, but it looks like there's nobody from the country over here. Thank you and good afternoon.
  • Harry Glasgow: The floor is now open for one question each from our four members. Jamila Mohammed?
  • Committee Member Jamila Mohammed (FDP): Why can't we just leave him with the Freekish authorities, rather than hand him over to a nation where he will no doubt be rotting for years in a queue and for less years in a jail?
  • Harry Glasgow: The last time I checked, Tinhampton had a strict policy that prohibited handing over criminals to nations with cruel and unusual punishment. Kieran Davis?
  • Committee Member Kieran Davis (SDL): I know that you're no expert at foreign law, but just what exactly is the point in engaging in this shoddy attempt at tit-for-tat diplomacy when we all know that he's going to go off scot-free?
  • Harry Glasgow: As my predecessor, Jamie Williamson, would say: "Never underestimate the power of International Federalism when the opportunity arises for a deal to take place". As I said to you last time, make of that what you will. Jack Raltie?
  • Committee Member Jack Raltie (MIN): How about you agree a deal to send Bryan down the Maxtopian mines?
  • Harry Glasgow: That would be a good idea, but it could jeopardise the deal, and I'm personally sure that you'd rather he work down Tinhamptonian mines. James Smith?
  • Committee Member James Smith (T1P): I'd like to abstain from this. I support deportation regardless, and I'm not going to question you on it.
  • Harry Glasgow: Granted. Our next speaker today is Mayor Lydia Anderson's teenage niece's alleged best friend, Amanda Burg. Although police files show that Amanda is of "no fixed abode", observations reveal that the organisation she is president of - the Tinhamptonian Bryan Leeper Fan Club - typically congregates around Thompson Avenue, facing the beach.
  • Amanda Burg: All I need is your love, your love, my love, your love, youuuuuuuuuuuuuu! I have heard that Bleeper is to be taken away. I say: You cannot take him away! He's a troubled young artist trying to find his way, in among this mess of a large number of different music types. His message is pure and sweet, and also, he's, like, sooooo dreamy! Just listen. Baby, baby, don't leave me alone, don't walk awaaaaaaa...
  • Harry Glasgow: Well, that was quick, and that was also executed by Tinhampton Police - arresting Tinhamptonian criminals since 1930. That was also one damn catchy song. You know the drill. Jamila Mohammed?
  • Committee Member Jamila Mohammed (FDP): What will be the fate of Mr Leeper?
  • Harry Glasgow: We will consult with the courts on that particular matter. It's going to be confusing. Very confusing. Kieran Davis?
  • Committee Member Kieran Davis (SDL): I am in serious doubt about the identity of Amanda. As a young boy, I was told to question everything, and sure as heck I'm doing that here! Where did you get that information from? Is it truthful and honest? Is it just what a random generator told you they were? Is it just a very good disguise for Brian Leeper?
  • Harry Glasgow: I have had no way to verify any of this information, but I would like to tell you a tale. Michael Wright AM was one of the 70s' greatest National Sovereigntists and opponents of the United Nations. The last time we met here four decades ago, it was to determine the fate of an assassin from Gruenberg - not state-sponsored, just your regular lone wolf - who had incessantly lied in order to make close friends with Mike. Once the election season was done, as he was going to Assembly, he was stabbed by the assassin. He only lost a few cups of blood, but various meetings in the summer and a police investigation eventually led to his deportation back home. Jack Raltie?
  • Committee Member Jack Raltie (MIN): Can we legally put him down the mines?
  • Harry Glasgow: If we can't arrest him, we'll probably offer him a contract as a Music Industry News Envoy and Reporter. He'll probably take the bait. And, for our final question before we end, James Smith?
  • Committee Member James Smith (T1P): I would like to get onto the voting now.
  • Harry Glasgow: Now, close your eyes and keep them shut. All in favour of deportation, raise your hands... All in favour of keeping him in Tinhampton, raise your hands... It appears that we have a tie. We shall now hold one further round of general questions relating to the matter at...
  • George Quill, Chief of the Tinhampton Police: Hold it right there! None of you are under arrest, thankfully. All we have for y'all is a potentially decisive tape that will twist the boundaries as you have never seen them twisted before.
  • Harry Glasgow: I'm sure that we'd all like to watch them. I think that this might well be like those pranks you pulled off on the Crime Committee back in the noughties where you promised them the same and gave them a recording of a statement from a Gatesville spokesperson declaring the repeal of some UN resolution "Another Victory For Gatesville!", but we'll see.
  • George Quill: This video was obtained from Tinhampton Herald Headquarters, at the Editor's Office, caught Wednesday the 8th of February. As you can see from this video, it looks like Bryan Leeper all over. Same hair color, same eye color (if we zoom in), same features, same whatever. Now, let's watch it with sound.
  • Office Intern: I could swear that I had an article ready on the fucking game!
  • George Quill: That is the exact identical person and voice that we see in this video, recording Mr Leeper being arrested this Monday:
  • Bryan Leeper: You can't tell me where to go! Down with the police! Down with Tinhampton!
  • George Quill: I'm going to transcend your authority here and call in our teams to arrest this scoundrel! Black Sheep to headquarters, tell all unactive but willing units to patrol city for a Mr Bryan Leeper...

BRYAN LEEPER ARRESTED; CONFIRMED TO BE KILLER OF PETER FRIEDMAN
Brancalandian pop star jailed for life (minimum 60 years), after investigations reveal that he claimed to be Herald office junior to kill former editor
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Red Blackiland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Blackiland » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Red Blackiland Sports and Off-topic Chronicles

Travel through rainbow

Players entrance at Red Glorious

Author : Mathias Gërdorffen

He talked little, laughed less, and spent his days walking alone.
Once it rained a lot, until the clouds were gone and the sun came up.
And a huge rainbow crossed the city from end to end.
He, who was distracted by a narrow and steep street, pursued colors as a predator sniffs the prey and so walked, walked for hours.
Until he stumbled on a pot of gold.
She whirled and fell like a balloon on the hard ground.
It was quite a downfall.
So violent that his body gave in to fatigue and he placidly fell asleep.
When it woke up, it was night and shooting stars were scraping the sky.
So many and so many that he lost count.
And at dawn, with the scent of life around him, he'd forgotten where he was.
Or how it had gotten there.
But he did not care.
The world began, finally, to make sense.

Lanzo 1-2 Red Blackiland

Red Blackiland faced Lanzo's away team on Tuesday for the eighth round of Group A of the Qualifiers, and they won by 2-1 maintaining the second place position, close to the leader Chromatika.
Red Blackiland took control of the first half, especially when it was possession. The visiting team maintained its style and tried to pierce the good block formed by the defense of Lanzo. The team had chances, but the clearest loser was with one of the attackers of the team, Schwartz, who kicked and made the ball scratch on the right crossbar after crossing from the left side.
On the other hand, the Lanzo team was on the field ready to counter attack, but could not fit a play. But still, Lanzo's attackers with a mid-kick and a volley, startled Hargreaves. But as it was an important game for the two teams, there could be no controversy. Carmona entered the area and was knocked over by one of Lanzo's defenders, but the referee sent the game forward, making the moods even more exalted and yellow cards were distributed to both sides.
The game continued truncated in the complementary stage, however, the goals left. First, one of the team's quarterbacks hit the head butt and put Lanzo in the lead. But Red Blackiland did not let the rival celebrate and drew Eberhard's beautiful half-bike. Everything led him to believe that he would tie, until Rodristander was expelled.
Advantage for Lanzo? None of this. Soon after, Schwartz, who until then was missing, killed in the chest after crossing and beat to last the invincibility of the rival.

The Justified Means - Storyline and Guide

The Justified Means - Be a little warrior fighting against a titan!

Mission 16 - Surfing with Style (Mission for Dakersh Wiladat Jadida)

Haasmi el-Karim to deal with an 'infection' of ontrabandists using routes 'owned' by the Wiladat Jadida. He leaves you with stylish armed speedboat and a create full of weapon and ammo, under the Dakersh Highway. Get the ammunition and get in the boat. Very shortly the ontrabandists will plow past your starting position. Run them down and use your boat's mounted guns and rockets to take them out. There are only two ontrabandists, making this one of the quickest and easiest missions.
ImageSurfing with Style - Fighting the Contrabandists

If you follow one of the smuggling boats, it'll eventually stop at the northern edge of Al-Mansani Docks. There will be a cargo ship that only spawns during the mission and three peculiar DNS Taamir T-1, one of the largest vessels in Dakersh Navy and some another ontrabandists with rocket launchers.

Mission 17 - Protect the Contact (Mission for Khawaja Mens)

Now, you have the first mission for the third armed group in the game, the third 'illegal' paramilitary faction, the Khawaja Mens, the military wing of the Khawaja Group, one of the old Dakersh tribes. The Khawaja Mens are led by Haasim Rhamani and want Dakersh to become more of an isolated nation, without the pressures of foreign interests and influences. Their headquarters is an old temple, which has been modified to include a dock and several other items. Although their headquarters is on a small island, the faction is still viewed as a tribe of forest. They somehow managed to get their hands on a coastal artillery gun as well as a few mounted gun emplacements, which can be found at their headquarters.
ImageProtect the Contract - Get to the drop-off point

The mission sends Federico to the aid of an Khawaja contact who is presently under fire on the bridge nearby the phone. He has to be rescued and then transported to a waiting plane, at the Abullah Rasdani airport. Once you get the mission, grab the contents of the weapons crate and hop on the motorcycle, tearing straight over the bridge. You will find the contact near his unique large pick-up truck, KM-12. Take out his attackers and pick a car. He will happily ride shotgun in whatever you choose. You might want to choose whatever is least damaged.
It's a straight shot to the airstrip. There will be a roadblock at the other end of the bridge. At some point, you will see a downed highway sign, set as a ramp. Hit it, to get some gratuitous stunt driver points and get on the airstrip. Upon arrival, you'll see a Ramani L-95, a large military cargo plane taking off. The mission ends as soon as you get to the private jet Shiper J1 secured by the Khawaja Mens.

Mission 18 - Better to be safe than sorry (Mission for Khawaja Mens)

Haasim Rhamani informs you that the Khawaja Mens have been siphoning gas, but they're getting nervous, and want to know how much the government knows and if it's safe to continue. You must visit some pipeline sites and grab data from a laptop. They are, of course, secured, by peculiar construction workers wielding two-hand SMGs. Turn around and make use of the Eserk V-1, a classic sports car.
Otherwise it doesn't get you too close to where you need to go. The first pipeline site is away from water and too far below the level of the road Federico is on to jump in a car. Jump out of the car before the sudden stop at the bottom and make your way over to the first of three oil pipeline stations. Destroy the opposition, hack the laptop, stay around while the information downloads. The last stop is Akmahat Al-Dakersh, a military port base with several oil reserve tanks, this port recieves the natural gas produced by Dakersh Al-Ahimat an offshore gas rig just north of the port.
They have helpfully positioned guard towers with heavy mounted machine guns on either side of the entrance. If you have too much fun with the mounted guns, air support will arrive to rain on your parade. Get the data from the notebook first. Once the third one has been hacked, the mission is a success.

Mission 19 - Stop the Space Travel (Mission for Khawaja Mens)

The first three are on their launch pads, and the last one is in mid-air. Federico is given six C4s in the beginning of the mission to help him destroy the ones on the launch pads. You can use anything to destroy the first three satellites but you must use the plane for the last. Haasmi sends you to get one from a nearby hangar. There are several ways to destroy the ones on ground. You can run around a lot and use the grappling hook gun, or you can use the helicopter that spawns on one of the buildings.
Slingshot up the nearest truss to get within throwing distance of the tip of the satellite rockets, and blow up the first one with the C4s. Once the first is destroyed, the countdown begins: Federico has 10 minutes to destroy the other two rockets. Slingshot to the next scaffold to take care of the second, and the third rockets. The helicopter should be visible from the main gate where you enter the facility. It's on top of a building. Use the grappling hook to get up to it. Next, destroy the two artillery systems next to the helipad as soon as you've taken off. There's one more SAM closer to the ground, behind the tallest part of the building. After destroying those, you'll have more then enough time to destroy the satellites and land on the roof of the hangar to get the plane.
Once the third rocket blows up, Haasim warns you of a hidden fourth satellite, but there is little time. Slingshot to, or land in it, the hangar and drop in to steal an DAF-46, the smallest fighter plane from Dakersh Air Force from the goons inside. Don't bother to kill them, but simply run past them and take off. Line the nose of the plane up as quickly as possible - once the rocket lifts off, it's gone in a few seconds. Use the DAF-46's rockets to blow up the satellite and complete the mission. You can also ram it with your plane but the rocket's explosion is very powerful, so you should bail out of the plane well before it hits. If you don't make it in time, don't worry, a checkpoint occurs just after Haasim warns you of the fourth satellite.
Last edited by Red Blackiland on Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Red Blackiland / Rotschwarzland (Click here to acess our main factbook)
Nationalism, Willpower, Culture, Bravure
Check our Football National Team
Red Blackiland Football League Official Thread
Meski Sports Kitmaker - Kits|Crests|Balls
Titles/Achievements : 3rd NS World Fair Champions|CoH 66 and 67 QFs|CE 17 3rd Place|Qualified for WCs 76-77
Hosted/Co-Hosted : Cup of Harmony 66 and 67|Baptism of Fire 61|Handball World Cup 14,Handball World Cup 15|Miller Cup I|Meski Cup I

Revolutionary Nordskania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutionary Nordskania » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Retribution

Chapter II

It should have been a calm day for the two Academia FK players living together in their small apartment, only a few blocks from where the club played. The RFL was suspended until the outcome of the war became more clear, and even though the war had just ended, it was still unknown if the league would continue for its latest winter season after the damage that had been sustained to some of the cities at the southern edge of the Revolutionary zone in the north. The result was that the players that hadn’t went abroad to continue playing were now out of work for the time being, and instead of having to train and play, they were able to keep collecting their salaries while doing nothing.

But, as Jordan Rusevski found out from watching the news this morning, things weren’t so calm in Kurovo, where the club was located and where they lived. “Drago! Drago, you have to come see this!” he shouted to his roommate and teammate, Drago Tomcic. “Hurry up, you have to see what the news is showing!” he added, running through the open door of the bathroom to find Drago still brushing his teeth and looking himself over in the mirror. “Come on!”

“What’s going on?” Drago asked more calmly, assuming that Jordan was exaggerating whatever he was talking about. “Is this something to do with the war? Is it not over like we thought it was?”

“It’s about the war, but not in the way that you think,” Jordan said, grabbing Drago by the arm while his toothbrush was still in his mouth and pulling him out of the bathroom. The two stepped into the living room, and Jordan pointed to what the TBC news channel was showing: something that looked like a riot in downtown Kurovo. “Look at those rioters. Actually, they aren’t rioters. They’re soldiers. And look where they are. You know where they’re headed, right?”

“No, not really. You’re really freaking me out, man. Why are you so worried? They’re downtown and we’re in the suburbs, we’re in zero danger of getting caught in whatever it is that they’re showing on the news,” shrugged Drago, taking his toothbrush out of his mouth. “What’s the big deal? It’s probably just Vestanians complaining about the borders they got out of the Turbayov Resolution-”

“No, look closer! You know that street. We go there all the time when we pick up and drop off Dusa. And that’s where those people are heading-”

“What, at that socialist commune of hers? The old warehouse that they turned into housing and shit? What would soldiers want with that place? You’re saying that you think Dusa is in trouble because she’s down there?”

“The news is saying that those people aren’t rioters, they’re associated with the Blue Skulls clan and they’re on a mission to kill off all of the communists and socialists in revenge for the invasion and all the years we spent under leftist rule,” Jordan explained quickly. “Kurovo is a really right wing place, of course, and so all of the leftists gather in a small group of places. One of those places is the commune, which the Skulls are heading to right now. TBC says that they’ve already surrounded the place and that the people marching in are reinforcements. Once they get there, they’re planning to raid the building and capture everyone inside so they can line them up and shoot them. Dusa is in there, I don’t think she was able to get out before they surrounded it…”

Dusa was Jordan’s younger sister, who played for the Academia women’s team and was their best player. Jordan was twenty four and played left back, while Dusa was twenty one and played winger and forward. Drago, who was a twenty four year old central defender, wasn’t especially close to Dusa but did know that she was into the anarcho-syndicalist scene. The North’s politics were complicated, and while they were anarchists themselves, the Northerners weren’t favorable to the leftist branches of anarchism such as anarcho-syndicalism. That ideology had an overlap in policy and support with socialism, which made it a target for the purges that were beginning after the war. Jordan had sympathies for that movement too, but hadn’t gotten involved with it enough to put himself in danger. Dusa, on the other hand, definitely was in danger because of her beliefs.

Drago ran into the bathroom to rinse his mouth out before running back and grabbing his red and white Academia jacket from the couch, and pulling it on. “Then it looks like we’re going to have to bail your little sis out again,” he said, his tone changing from a relaxed one to a tense one. “And we’ll finally have something to do with those guns we’ve never gotten to use. It’ll be easy, right? We drive downtown, get to the commune, go in through one of the back doors, and pull Dusa out and then go somewhere to lay low.”

“Might not be that easy,” sighed Jordan, turning away from the TV and looking under the couch for the shotguns that were hidden there. He grabbed one for himself and handed the other one to Drago, along with a couple of boxes of ammo. He stuffed a few boxes into the interior pocket of his own black jacket, and ran to find his shoes. They were rushed, for sure, but time was of the essence right now. There was no time for breakfast, or for standing around and making a plan. “They know I’m a lefty too. I had a kind of notorious reputation for that, and it came up every time we played in the derby against FK National. I get spotted, and they come after me.”

“Okay, so scratch that. You drive, and then I hop out and grab Dusa,” Drago replied, moving towards the door and picking up the keys and tossing them to Jordan. “We’ll text Dusa and make the plan as we go. Any more waiting and we run the risk of not getting there in time. And even though we’re armed, let’s just say that I really would prefer if that didn’t happen… Sounds good?”

“Yeah. I’ll text her now.”

=====

The crowd outside of the Black Street Commune was baying for blood. They were more than mere rioters that were kicking up trouble and smashing shops and cars owned by leftists, they were soldiers with military weapons and training. Some of them had fought to resist the invasion; others had fought with the revolution a few years back. All of them wanted blood, and they were just waiting on their reinforcements to raid the place and drag everyone out to make a show of executing them. “Why is the Northern Syndicate letting them do this? We’re Northerners, just like everyone else!” said Dusa Rusevski, looking out of the window towards the crowd and speaking to her best friend, Sonia Zubkova. “They might not agree with us, but we still have our rights-”

“No, we did have our rights,” sighed Sonia, also watching the crowd. She’d been close to Dusa for awhile now, ever since she had signed for Academia FK’s female team to play up front. “Those rights disappeared when the war ended and the North decided that not all of their enemies are external. I guess the drawback of not having an organized state is that the ruling body can change the rules whenever they want, for whatever reason.”

“I thought people would stick up for us, but apparently not. Either they have no conscience, or they’re all too scared to do anything against the Blue Skulls,” said Dusa, slumping down against the wall and grabbing her head in frustration. “Maybe we can talk our way out of this when they finally come in here. Maybe we can convince them that we weren’t really leftists and that we were only here to explore our options… Or we can convince them to have mercy on a couple of young footballers. I'm only nineteen, I'm too young to get thrown into a mass grave somewhere. Do you think they're going to let us go because we're young?”

“I seriously doubt it,” said Dusa, without looking up. She kept hugging her knees, trying to hide the fact that her heart was racing and she was more scared than she had ever been in her life. “Sonia, if this is the end and we both get shot with the others, I just want to tell you that it's been an honor to live and die with you. You've always been a good teammate, and I never should have brought you into this… I should have known that this would happen eventually.”

“I could say the same about you, Dusa,” said Sonia, sliding next to her and sitting in the same position. “And don't blame yourself for bringing me into this, I made my own choice to start coming here. It's my fault as much as it is yours, and I'd rather be here with you than let you die alone.”

“I'm not alone. There's the others… The death count is going to be in the thirties by the end of the day,” replied Dusa, but then her phone buzzed and she took it out of her back pocket before quickly reading a message under her breath. She sent back another one before signing and looking up, finally. “Oh no… You're not going to believe this.”

“What? What happened?”

“My brother and Drago are coming to rescue us. They're going to try to break in through the back door and find us… It's a terrible idea. They'll probably get caught and shot with the others. But…” started Dusa, letting her voice trail before speaking again. “This might be the one shot that we have to get out of the commune alive. They're brave, I’ll give them that… I just hope they don't get themselves killed in the process of trying this.”
An AnCap community in the north of Nordskania. Proxy state of Anglatia, and there's no rules here outside of contract.
Population: 14 million. Capital: Turbayov

Mercedini
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:29 pm

Newsdesk: 14/02/17
@ Zoloroni Sports City Stadium - Zoloroni, Mercedini

Happy Valentine's Day one and all, and welcome the today's newsdesk broadcasting in Mercedini and throughout the multiverse. The sporting action keeps rolling in and, of course, we will give you all of the latest headlines and a round-up of the action involving Mercedinian domestic and national teams. The big news coming out of the country are the recent developments in Mercedini's World Cup Qualification campaign aswell as some more domestic transfers. Obviously, we will start with the action that happened mere hours ago here at the Zoloroni Sports City Stadium and that is the Qualifiers and World Cup!

World Cup Qualification: Mercedini Back On Track

FINAL SCORE
WCQ | MD7

WEST ANGOLA 0
MERCEDINI 0

Namibe, West Angola
Despite being without a win in two since their hefty defeat to Vilita, Mercedini were still hopeful of qualification as they somehow still held their second place spot in the group. The travelled to the Warren Memorial Stadium in Namibe, West Angola for a definite six-pointer between two teams who are challenging for potentially the final qualification spot. The two teams seems ready for a duel and that it what both teams bought to the match. End to end stuff for both teams as they looked to get the upper hand in the match. West Angola needed to press for the initiative as they were the ones that needed the points the most. Bjarnasson played his hand perfectly with his team playing a slow-tempo rhythm which ensured that West Angola couldn't increase the pace quick enough until Mercedini closed them down. Mercedini bought a large contingency, filling their allocation and ensuring that their lads were well-supported in this tough and gruelling match between these two sides. In the end, the match ended goalless which suited Mercedini more than West Angola as it kept the Golden Eagles in the ascendancy, ahead of the chasing pack. Group 12 has almost certainly come to the boil at this early stage, with four sides with a serious challenge to the two qualifying spots available with a further two teams which are dark horses and could still slip under the radar, they are taking points off the bid boys and are achieving results that can shoot them up the leaderboard. 0-0 in West Angola, not ideal but it is a result they will take given the circumstances and the opponents they were playing.

FINAL SCORE
WCQ | MD8

MERCEDINI 3
Chillotov 21', Billic 59', Presic 81'
COLLATIS 0

Zoloroni, Mercedini
Once again, the team travelled back to the Sports City Stadium to welcome Kernovi. As it was Valantine's day, the organisers let couples enter for free to enjoy the action, meaning there were plenty of men and women enjoying the action, opening up the sport to spectators who wouldn't normally choose to watch football. Kernovi has been an unpredictable nation in qualifying thus far, they have only recorded one win but that have taken points against every bid team including Vilita, therefore they are the only team to do so at the moment. Mercedini seemed confident going into the match considering the gulf between the ranks of both sides. Kernovi may have pulled off some tremendous results against higher ranked sides but Mercedini went in with momentum and a stronger side, despite being without a win n three matches. The match started and the Mercedinians were full of hope that they could finally stop the rot and get a win, it didn't take long for Mercedini to show their class and be one-nil up. Ben Chillotov with yet another goal in qualifying this time a goal comeing from a Presic cross, he controlled it well on the edge of the box and fired into the bottom corner to open the scoring, Bjarnasson congratulated his players on a good first half performance. Mercedini weren't out of the woods just yet as Kernovi's first attack of the second half ended up in the net but was ruled out for offside, much to the relief of the home fans. In the end, Mercedini killed off the game in the second half thanks to two further goals from Billic and Presic to round out a comprehensive and confident 3-0 over Kernovi. A potential banana skin successfully dodged by the Golden Eagles, they head into the final game of the first half with plenty of ambition and momentum for their match against Prusy Krolewskie.

# Group 12                                    Pld   W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts    H     A
1 Vilita 8 7 1 0 22 9 +13 22 - 1-5
2 Mercedini 8 5 2 1 20 14 +6 17

3 West Angola 8 3 4 1 9 3 +6 13 - 0-0
4 Savalen 8 4 1 3 19 17 +2 13 4-3 -
5 Kitsunia-Deesse 8 3 3 2 15 12 +3 12 - 3-2
6 Gadirya 8 3 1 4 13 12 +1 10 - 2-1
7 Prusy Krolewskie 8 2 3 3 10 9 +1 9 - -
8 Kernovi 8 1 4 3 8 10 −2 7 3-0 -
9 Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland 8 2 0 6 4 20 −16 6 5-1 -
10 Collatis 8 0 1 7 6 20 −14 1 2-2 -

Mercedini's group now look very promising as they head into their final match of the FASly half of qualifying. They sit second in the group with a rather comfortable four-point lead over third-place West Angola still with 10 matches still to play. Mercedini could extend their cushion as they play Prusy Krolewskie and West Angola play Vilita. A Vilitan win accompanied by Savalen dropping point would see Mercedini extend their lead over third place and make qualification even more likely!

Mercedinian Super League Attracting More Top Talent

It's been another jam-packed day in the seemingly never-ending transfer window for both Mercedinian hockey and football. With the attention now switching to Mercedini's hockey teams. In a tsunami of breaking news and signed contracts, teams in the Super League signed four players yesterday, all from Neu Engollon and all on suspected free transfers, although this hasn't been confirmed by the clubs or the press in Neu Engollon. The first announcement of the day was Antonio Maravoni who arrived in Zholvi for a medical before the club finally announced on social media that they had signed their man. The team who looked to have been struggling financially have got their second international player on their rosters and look to build depth in their team. Then came Karsten Ruggiero, who attracted the eyes and the wallets of AHC Langtree, he was the second Neu Engollon national to join the Mercedinian club, who looked to have been attracted by the riches of the nation and the enhanced pay packet at that. The final two announcements of the day came from the outskirts of Zoloroni as Trivotex Hockey signed Vincent Gaspard and Exton where the Islanders signed their first international player of the window in Rickard Rocher. All four players seems happy to be joining their respective teams, maybe it was the team or maybe it was the money. Anyway, it's great to have them on-board and enhance the brand that is the Mercedinian Super League.

That's all after a jam-packed day for Mercedinian sport. We hope you will be back as we give you coverage of the last match of World Cup Qualification and report of the latest developments in Mercedinian sport. From Zoloroni Sports City, goodnight!
.................................................................................................................................
Novapax Founder • Host Portfolio • Trophy Cabinet
World CupBest: Group Stage ('77, '81, '82, '83)
Cup of HarmonyBest: Champion ('72)
U21 World CupBest: 3rd Place ('43)
U18 World CupBest: Champion ('4)
Independents CupBest: Champion ('5)
WC of HockeyBest: 2nd Place ('37)
WJHCBest: Champion ('13)
WorldVision
Best Placing: 1st (Lipa '72)Most Points: 108 pts (Lipa '72)

World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 1st ('34 & '36)Most Pts: 34 pts (Mousiki '31)
Junior World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 3rd ('3, '4 & '5)Most Pts: 26 pts (Tushlark '5)
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Bonesea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

WC77Q-MD8 Urrgo 4/8

Postby Bonesea » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Last edited by Bonesea on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Half drowned in rum and succeeded by Tequilo
Factbook | Sportswire | Boney Jen
BoF '44 (Tamarindia) | NSWC '65 (Wight) | CoH '68 (Bonesea)

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:29 pm

Raven Cullen seethed.
This was on the BFA's head. They'd decided it was 'good for the image of the game' that Gryphon be removed from the next match to attend her trial hearing. Get her 'out of the firing line'.
And that had put her team directly into it. The scoreline, five minutes to play, was 3-3 - and the Patriots had gone behind twice.
It wasn't a full-strength side, admittedly. Matt Ruffan had replaced Gryphon and done a pretty poor job of it, Szukala's suspension and Hassett's presence at the hearing meant a last-minute first callup for Lotus Park's Brun Carrack at rightback and, surprisingly enough, he was doing far better than any other defender. Andreas Sparwasser had won his second cap as Cullen had figured she should at least pretend to have multiple goalkeepers she trusted. Matthew Card had beaten him at his near post for his second goal of the match - and he'd come up with the assist for Eastgate to blast one home from outside the box, too. Lovelock had done well going forward, even scoring Brenecia's first goal, but been a liability in defence. Fallon and Balliol were doing just about nothing. Balliol and Drover were incapable of working together, mostly getting in one another's way.
Really, they owed it all to Ronan Bowditch and Fionn Lynch - and the substitute Skorupska, thrown on to restore some order to the midfield. Each had scored, but the Patriots would be honestly a little lucky to get out of this with their point. And it was easy to see why, really. The home atmosphere was utterly toxic. The stadium was almost half-empty. The overall tone, one of disillusionment and dejection.
So it was a pleasant surprise when Balliol slipped Lynch through on goal and Paul Goldsmith bundled him over in the box. Clear, stonewall penalty.
And it was utterly, utterly predictable that Skorupska, impeccable up to that point, drilled the penalty straight into the crossbar.
Cullen put her fist through the crumbling dugout wall.
It wasn't how this was meant to go.
Puppet of Nephara.

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:52 pm

The Purple Knights closed the home portion of the first half of the qualifying campaign with a visit from Coldfield. The Knights defense coming into this game continued to be the best in the group before the game with only Chromatika equal in defensive prowess. That said the team ahead of them on the final matchday let in 3 in their road trip to the Serbian Empire, while ultimately scoring 6 in that game. The Knights also new that with Red Blackiland, Krytenia, and Huelavia winning on the 8th matchday they would need to match to stay steady, and with the looming game on the road to Chromatika they would need to make sure not to mess up their penultimate first half game at home in the X Island Metropark against Coldfield.

The Knights came out and once again looked strong in the first half, but once again were unable to get much of a scoring effort from any of the players in the first half. They passed the ball around well but the Coldfield bunker matched all of their attempts to get past the team in front of them. With a full strength squad the Knights seemed very likely to get through the defense, but for much of the first half the Knights were relatively unable to do much of anything. There was eventually one opportunity as Landon van Neymar broke free of the defense on a long free kick but his shot was well wide of the mark and ultimately the Knights went into the half as deadlocked as in the previous few games.

But as many expected the Knights came out in the second half and really seemed to have a renewed vigor. It was only 3 minutes into the second half before van Neymar came close once again to putting the ball in the net, but a fingertip save kept it out. Miles Snavely would add another chance shortly after but also saw a brilliant save keeping him at bay. It was ten minutes before Lysander Ying Uing pulled his first string bringing in Wilhelm Quinones who almost immediately put the ball into the back of the net on a corner, but the goalie was victorious keeping it out. Finally the Knights were able to break the deadlock after both Petersheim's came into the game Ensign found Elton for the game winning goal in the 71st minute on a masterfully worked attack.

The Knights managed to hold out for the rest of the game, but did not manage to improve on their 14th goal of the season. This sets up their big road match in Chromatika. The Knights will expect to at least not get shut out, and will hope that other matches go in their favor so that at the halfway point they will still be in the top half. At worst they are really looking at 5th right now, but at best they would likely be 2nd if Red Blackiland falls. The optimist in the Purple Knights fan would count on a loss of 1 goal, and that would definitely go a long way in keeping the Knights involved and close enough to possibly qualify going forward.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:57 pm

It wasn't just about the convincing wins. The ones where you win 2-0, a goal in each half, and go home content. You couldn't always rely on all pieces of the puzzle to fit together perfectly.
You had only recall the 74 World Cup, the best World Cup in history, in which Nephara had failed to comfortably win a single match. Instead, with a disintegrating defence, they'd... just had to find an extra gear. Time and again.
In fact, his remit had been to try and... instill more security, really. It was going well so far. Eshan - one of the horses in what was looking like a three-horse race - had been beaten well. They'd kept several clean sheets. They'd, well, won all their games, mostly comfortably.
But here, in the 85th minute against Abanhfleft, it was, well... it was 4-4.
It wasn't entirely on them. The Fleftic inclination was generally to cause havoc going forward, and when Kelvin was having a good day, he generally . Fortunately, when he was having a bad day, he was crap.
Annoyingly, today had been a good day for Kelvin, and he'd responded to Amokachi's early brace with his own early brace. Amokachi found a third goal. Of course she did. She was the star striker of the World Cup victory. She remained one of the world's best, despite a below-par start to life at Eastweald. The Cormorants finally had the lead, going into the second half! And then... well, Dagen equalised. Played clear on goal by Edwards and with a cheeky chip over the top of Tsattalios.
Every time Nephara took the edge, the Revolutionaries reined them in. It was agonisingly frustrating for them. And Amokachi, having tested Varamoninov twice more in the early stages of the half... went down with injury.
Stavanger wasn't really cutting it this match, but he figured he'd throw on Scafidis for a uniquely physical and mobile presence up front. It was unique because he'd left Estrella Hawke at home, and after the dismal performance that they'd both had today, this wasn't a mistake he was going to make again. Threw on Tarashaj as well, because an angry Traveller couldn't hurt their case, as evidenced when he two-footed Zolnerov practically on entry.
But if anything, the Fleftics were more tackle-happy than the Cormorants were - 27 fouls, by the end of the game. Any time any momentum threatened to build, HACK, gone.
And it was at one such occasion, Tarashaj hacked down by Zolnerov (what went around came around) that Tanith Rainsford stood over the free kick and decided it needed to go into the net. So it did.
El Salah equalised six minutes later because of course.
Szalai found a fifth and time was running out, things were becoming utterly ludicrous.
Abanhfleft... did not. The full-time whistle was greeted with relief more than elation, thoughts of revenge for a couple World Cups ago before the match replaced by respect for an opponent that had given it there all and would surely be feeling robbed of a point, denied only by the cruel mistress of time. It wasn't so much that they'd played as well as Nephara - a narrow Nepharim victory was about right, really - but, Christ, it had felt inevitable.
So, to take stock.
Tsattalios had been, bluntly, awful, failing to make a save and being directly responsible for two goals. It could've been a third had Bergkamp fired two inches lower in extra time, with Tsattalios in no-man's-land. Konoval had looked overwhelmed. Gosforth had struggled to assert himself. Stavanger and Scafidis had contributed roughly fuck-all. And, near the end of the first half, Shale had forgotten Raquel Naeher was on the pitch. These were really bad signs.
But it was the old guard - the young champions, and now veteran leaders - that had dug them out of a tight spot. Amokachi an unavoidable Player of the Match with her hat-trick, Rainsford leading by example, Szalai pulling them over the line. After the initial hectic half-hour, Scharner had pulled Konoval into line, solidified the back. It was the four veterans that had carried them through today.
And, and this is the crucial thing, they had won.
Just like old times, eh?
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:31 pm

The Republic of Arkan 0–3 Gregoryisgodistan

"Hello, and we're coming to you live from The Republic of Arkan for today's soccer match between Gregoryisgodistan and the hosts, who we just named and won't name again. Gregoryisgodistan is riding a six match win streak, and has not allowed a goal during that time. Not only that, the Foot Slaves are on a 19 match unbeaten run in World Cup Qualifying. The Foot Slaves have not lost a qualifying match since they dropped three straight to end World Cup 75 qualifying - one to Barunia, then two in the playoff to Bonesea. So far, the Foot Slaves have 19 out of a possible 21 points, and are looking sharper than ever. Now, we're all set to play. Arkan hasn't listed their roster, so as is usually the case in situations like these, we'll give them highly insulting names.

"9th minute, and it's a free kick for Gregoryisgodistan near midfield after a challenge from Baddy Defenderri. History Teacher CZDE9745 to take, and it's a short one, out towards Prune Farmer 913881 on the wing. He'll do a little shake and bake move on Dumby Defenderri, and then send it way into the box, where Baddy Defenderri heads it across the back line. That will be a corner. Gregoryisgodistan is historically strong on set pieces, both offensive and defensive. That's one of their strengths. Guy Who Cleans Up Behind The Elephant at the Circus P0120AZNNAU to take the corner, it's into the box, and Slave Catcher I913AFBSBFI239 has a free header. Ugly Goalandini punches it, it's up in the air for grabs, and falls through everyone, at the feet of Prune Farmer 913881, GOOOOOAAAAAL GREGORYISGODISTAN! THEY TAKE THE LEAD, ONE TO NOTHING! And now Prune Farmer 913881 is celebrating by throwing prunes in the air like confetti. Always fun to watch a Gregoryisgodistani goal celebration. They'll get the prunes off the field, and we're set to go again.

"20th minute, and Silly Strikerella is coming down the side for Arkan, he'll cross to Stinky Strikadonia, who tries to get a head on it, but misses, and it goes to Prune Farmer 3818F. He'll immediately get it up as Gregoryisgodistan looks to counter. Their counter-attack has been better this year than in past years. Soldier 0EDCK13DHI with it, he'll knock it on to Guy Who Cleans Up Behind The Elephant at the Circus P0120AZNNAU . Guy Who Cleans Up Behind The Elephant at the Circus P0120AZNNAU quickly finds Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Xylocrap Notatypo in the box with a free header, but it goes over the bar, so close. So, so close. But it's no goal and it's still 1-0.

"29th minute, and Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Xylocrap Notatypo has gone down injured, that isn't good. He's one of the Foot Slaves' best players. I don't know if it's just cramps, but in a game against a weak team, already up 1-0, Gregoryisgodistan isn't taking any chances of him aggravating whatever this is. He's being substituted for by Loyal Youth Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Death To Dumpy O'Rumpy And His Spectacularly Hideous Hair, though he looks fine coming off so I don't really know what's going on.

"38th minute, and it's a free kick for Gregoryisgodistan, from about 24 yards out. Loyal Youth Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Death To Dumpy O'Rumpy And His Spectacularly Hideous Hair to take. He goes right for goal, SCORE TOP RIGHT CORNER! 2-0 FOOT SLAVES! And he's celebrating by burning an effigy of Dumpy O'Rumpy, complete with hilariously spectacularly hideous hair on top. Wow! What a goal! And the Gregoryisgodistanis are going crazy in attendance, but the Arkani home fans aren't too thrilled.

"And there's the halftime whistle, the score at the break is Gregoryisgodistan 2, Arkan 0.

"53rd minute, and here comes Gregoryisgodistan again. It's Prune Farmer 913881, looking for Guy Who Cleans Up Behind The Elephant at the Circus P0120AZNNAU, he heads it into the box, nobody's there though. Goalandini sends it away and Arkan looking to counter. Ugly Biggysilly coming up, oh, and a great slide tackle by Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy! What's this? The ref has given the brave and noble Enemy Crusher a yellow card for what was clearly a clean tackle! And Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy is not happy! He's crushing the entire officiating crew to death! Ding dong, the refs are dead! And the crowd is chanting "DEATH TO THE REFS!" And now the alternate officiating crew is giving Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy a second yellow for crushing the refs, so he's crushing them too! So they're dead! So we'll bring on the third officiating crew of the last 15 minutes, wow, are we really in the 68th minute already? We'll see what happens to stoppage time. But Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy decides the refs have learned their lesson and walks off, but wait! Now he's running into the stands and crushing random fans from Republic of Arkan! 10 fans, 20 fans, 30 fans crushed! And four Republic of Arkan players are beating him up now, and the ref comes over to separate them! And Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy is threatening to crush the officials if they don't give red cards to all four Arkan fools who beat him up, and the refs, out of fear of meeting the same fate as the previous crews, comply! It will be 10-on-7 for the last 15 minutes or so plus however long we play stoppage time for.

"And the refs signal for 11 minutes of stoppage, perhaps a bit too short, but whatever.

"8th minute of stoppage, still 2-0, corner kick Gregoryisgodistan, taken by Guy Who Cleans Up Behind The Elephant at the Circus Guy Who Cleans Up Behind The Elephant at the Circus P0120AZNNAU. He sends it into the box, Xylocarp Smasher XILE42 with the wide open header, unmarked, GOOOAAAAL FOOT SLAVES! And Xylocarp Smasher XILE42 is doing the classic goal celebration by smashing a bunch of xylocarps. 10 xylocarps smashed, 20, 30, 40, 50 or more, the bloody Xylocarp Smasher XILE42 is running up a score!

"And now, as Xylocarp Smasher XILE42 has taken so long smashing the xylocarps, the refs blow the whistle for the end of the game, perhaps out of fear that Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy would come back from the locker room if they didn't blow it right at the 11 minute mark. Game over, Slaves win in a shutout again! Go, Slaves, Go! We won! We'll see you again later!"
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Amnarei-asud
Attaché

Founded: Jul 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Amnarei-asud » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:51 pm

Continued from here.

"B-but, how did you get in?" stammered Al-Owairan.

"Never mind that, now, Simeone," said The Hood calmly, making his shoulders as broad as possible for maximum effect. "What matters is that I'm here now, and that you remember who I am. I'm The Hood, damn it. I'll come and go as I please. I'll tell Sato to make the changes I see fit. I'll make sure Saab is there to score the winning goal minutes from time, even if Boulos is playing."

"But, were you just there? How did you-"

"Because I'm The Hood," he continued boldly, hoping his charade of mystery was cultivating its intended reaction of shock and awe. "I can do what I want, and I need something from you."

"Wh-what?" said Al-Owairan, wide-eyed and completely stunned by The Hood's sudden appearance in his apartment. The Hood smiled. It had worked so well that the usually pompous Al-Owairan hadn't even thought about calling security up.

"Information."

"What information?"

"Information about Amnarei-asud," said The Hood, aware that this was where things could go wrong. "Nobody in this country seems to know anything about a time before the Sheikh, before nine years ago. They just seem to let their minds wander and drift away into nothing. The whole place might as well have not existed nine years ago for all your people talk about it. But I know it did. I've seen the buildings, the dust, the temples. This place is ancient. So why don't people know anything?"

"I... I don't know." replied Al-Owairan.

"And why are you different?"

"Different?"

"Yes, different," said The Hood, annoyed he was having to spell it out. "Your name."

"My name?"

"Your name is Simeone Al-Owairan! You've boasted to my face in Mercedini about seeing Simeone Di Bradini play on one of your trips around Atlantian Oceania as a child!"

"Oh, right. Yes," said Al-Owairan, looking sheepish and retreated back into himself.

"So how come you can remember and nobody else can?"

"Why do you need to know?" asked Al-Owairan, attempting to divert attention away from himself.

"I..." started The Hood, wondering just how much he should reveal to this man in front of him who, after all, could still make life very difficult for himself and Sato once he'd composed himself, "I have had a task set out before me. I think. I think it's the reason I'm here, but I need to know a few things about this place first so I can work out where to start."

"And, what exactly do you want to know?"

"I don't know," cried The Hood, recollecting Saab's rant for reference. "Just start talking. Tell me about what this place was like when you were a boy. I have this feeling that if you mention something relevant I'll know. Just start talking."

"Oh, well, I, erm," started Al-Owairan. "I don't, really, I don't really remember all that much about it. To be honest."

"But," started The Hood, confused, "your name. How can you remember watching Simeone Di Bradini in Starblaydia and not know what was here when you came home?"

Al-Owairan said nothing, but looked awkward and glanced over his shoulder quickly. Following his eyes, The Hood tracked the carpet until he saw the booklet Al-Owairan had jerked and thrown across the room in shock when he'd appeared to him in the doorway.

"The booklet?" asked The Hood, turning on the balls of his feet and striding towards it quickly.

"No, please!" begged Al-Owairan, moving to get to it before The Hood, but failing.

The Hood bent down and swept the dog-eared pages into his hands in one motion. Walking further away from a crestfallen Al-Owairan, he looked down and read the front cover. A big graphic featuring a montage of footballers in action was splashed across the front page. Immediately, it was clear that this was a promotional booklet or souvenir programme from a prior regional football tournament. One that Simeone Di Bradini had played in. Scanning through the pages, The Hood could see that Di Bradini, the player Al-Owairan claimed to have been named after, featured heavily. On over half of the pages, some manner of reference was made to him. And then, inside the back cover, a table of statistics was displaying almost a whole career lived on the football pitch in numbers, charts, achievements, and promotional photos.

The Hood turned the pages of the tatty booklet back to it's water-stained cover:

GRAYS AOCAF ALMANAC: COMPLETE SIMEONE DI BRADINI STORY AND STATISTICS

He did the maths, and then turned and looked at Al-Owairan. Al-Owairan didn't meet his gaze, leaving the darkness of the hood looking at nothing in particular.

"You're," started The Hood slowly, "you're a fraud."

"Please, don't tell any-"

"Where did you get this?" snapped The Hood quickly.

"I found it. It had washed up on the beach about ten years ago. I don't know where it came from."

"So, the name?" pressed The Hood.

"I adopted it as my own. I figured it would give me some authority." said Al-Owairan quietly, all trace of his former showmanship and arrogance gone without a trace.

The Hood looked at the deflated figure in front of him. To be fair, the name had certainly given him authority.

"I just adopted it and nobody batted an eyelid," continued Al-Owairan. "Or, if they did, they soon forgot. People do that here, unless they have something written down for them to read. You may have noticed."

"You could say that," agreed The Hood through gritted teeth.

"Are you going to tell anyone?" asked Al-Owairan, suddenly panicking and scanning The Hood's robes for any signs of emotion that would give him an advance on the answer he was looking for.

"Tell people what? That the so-called master of international football doesn't actually know anything he can't go and look up in a tatty old book he found washed up on the beach?"

"Yes."

"I haven't decided yet." snapped The Hood, throwing the booklet back at Al-Owairan in anger and frustration.

"Please."

"Maybe you could start by not bothering me or Sato for the rest of our time in charge." thought The Hood out loud, pressing home the advantage whilst he had it.

"Of- of course." said Al-Owairan meekly, not wanting to rock the boat any further.

"I'll be back." said The Hood angrily, and then strode towards the front door of the apartment, too rocked by his discovery to know what to do with this information yet.

The Hood opened the door and walked through it far more confidently than he felt, intending to give Al-Owairan the impression that his secret might not always be safe. But as soon as he closed it behind him, he leaned back against and put his head in his hands. Back to square one. He'd come for information that he hoped would move him on, and instead was leaving with information that had closed one avenue off from him forever.

Was there really nobody in this country who knew anything? He thought back to the line from Saab's rant about the ultimate administrator or file manager and reached an unwelcome conclusion. It looked like he was going to have to deal face-to-face with the President, Sheikh Suleyman Honda.

The only question was how.
Do you like sand? I hope you like sand. You might be in the wrong place if you didn't.
Baptism of Fire champions.
"It's Amnarei-asud, not Amnarei-Asud. Make the 'a' nice and lower case."

Damukuni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Damukuni » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:52 pm

D N B X - D T 9
Namagoro - Channel 9.1
Zikoma - Channel 36.2

Breaking News - First Weather - News at 9
ENGLISH

(Music plays as the NBC News graphics appear on the screen.)

OFF-CAMERA ANNOUNCER: (Over the music) Breaking news. First Weather. This is NBC 9 News at 9.

(The station cuts to two co-anchors, a native Damukunian man and an Otselician woman.)

MAN: Good evening, Namagoro Metro Area. I'm Aichi Noboyuki.

WOMAN: And I'm Grace Knowlton.

NOBOYUKI: And welcome to NBC 9 News at 9.

KNOWLTON: Here are tonight's headlines: A head-on collision between a motorbike and a lorry on Milton Road A91 leaves several commuters stranded past the five-o'-clock rush.

NOBOYUKI: A power surge at the DNPA substation in the western part of the state causes a three-county blackout. Officials say the damage could take up to 48 hours to repair, even with round-the-clock technicians.

KNOWLTON: In national news, President Julianne Day Matsushita means with His Highness Emperor James Truitt I of Greater Otselicia to talk about the Hunkun/Kailan Referendum and what it means for both nations.

NOBOYUKI: And in sport, Damukuni struggles to keep itself above the middle of the pack in World Cup Qualifying Group 8. More on that on the quarter-hour with our sports analyst, Lisa Kawazaki.

(At that moment, every light in the studio goes out. The remaining electrical equipment is still fully powered, including the camera. No one notices the camera is still on, however.)

NOBOYUKI: Well, f***!

KNOWLTON: Oh my gosh, what's happening?

(The fire alarm goes off. NOBOYUKI and KNOWLTON proceed to leave the studio via the nearest exit, when suddenly a giant flame cuts them off.)

NOBOYUKI: S***! There's fire in the studio and it's blocking us!

(In the scuffle, two men with hockey masks and high-powered rifles emerge from the fire.)

HOOD #1: Stop right there! Hands on your heads, now!

(The anchors comply. HOOD #2 moves to the camera, which is still on, and points it at the anchors.)

HOOD #1: Arlo, find me a microphone.

(More hoods come in, tying and blindfolding the anchors and any crewmen still alive. ARLO [HOOD #2] rips the lapel mic out of KNOWLTON's shirt, tearing it down the middle in the process. KNOWLTON starts to scream, but a boot from one of the other thugs catches her in the face and she goes down, knocked out cold.)

HOOD #1: Lights!

(One of the thugs tries every switch on the wall. They only succeed in getting the broadcast lights on.)

HOOD #1: That will do. Tie them to the chairs. (into the mic) We are known as NXT. We represent freedom, liberty, and equality. However, there are some that would wish to silence us, such as these unfortunates in the chairs before your TV screens. We demand a voice in the courts, in the government, and in the newsroom. If we are not conceded to in 72 hours...

(The cable connecting the camera's power supply shorts out)

Silence
THE UNITED INTERPLANETARY STATES OF DAMUKUNI
Cap: Atarashii-Damushuto | Pop: 356,709,481 (2070) | Lang: English, Damukunian | Money: Damuokane (Ð)
Former Leader of Esportiva | Damukuni on NSSWiki
CoH 69 4th Place | CoH 75 Runners-up

Qasden
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Qasden » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:33 pm

20:30•Monday•Postgame•Ain Salah, Amnarei-asud—

Great. Another loss to a debutant.
But look at this amazing sand! So luscious and smooth, and it's everywhere!
President.
Häther looks to the club king with a death stare right through the greatest fears ever conjured.
Now is not the time for matters like sand.
Rees smacks the president's hand, releasing the sand on impact. The president looked worried and hurt.
Ow! Ok ok, I'll collect some later.
Mr. President, you allowed Merritt to keep destroying our national pride and joy abroad. We need to pull the plug.
The pres shot back in a slight-anger retaliation
On the day before Valfeline's Day? Shame! Tomorrow we'll be back in Qasden to battle Tumbra, then we'll talk about the matters.
Perhaps I need to talk to Manager Sols, then.
Go ahead. I'll meet you at the airport later tonight. We've got a stop in T.V. City, but otherwise a smooth trip to Qad City.
Very well.
Rees exited the room and began searching for the manager of QAFA. After around 30 minutes, he finally caught site of the suited man.

21:15•Monday•Postgame•Ain Salah, Amnarei-asud—

SOLS!
The manager quickly jumped to his feet at the startling sound of Häther's voice.
Oh! Greetings minister. I, uh, didn't expect you to be in attendance tonight.
It is your job to take attendance, Sols.
Sols rolled his eyes and sighed.
What do you need, prime minister?
Oh, me? No, I don't need anything. I simply, oh what's the word...oh yeah, DEMAND the explanation of Qasden's troubles abroad?!
Sols remained unamused.
Yeah, QAFA's still iffy on away games. The foxes just came at the right time, too.
What do you mean?
Last game, against Devonta, we lost Tyson to a leg injury. He's gonna be out the rest of the qualifiers and maybe even the Cup of Harmony. It really lowered the morale of our team this time around.
That doesn't explain the losses to Semarland and Faustii!
Semarland was clearly the strong opposition, and Faustii...Yeah I got no explanation there. Guess it's just bad luck.
Häther's anger grew
Bad luck? We were on top of the group 5 days ago, now we're 10 points behind Valladares and stranded in fifth! Does that look like bad luck to you?!
Well, that and the power of some of these teams. Our initial streak was due to the opponents not having strong enough rankings against us, while the losses were due to the ranks superior to us.
Sols picks up a notepad from his back pocket.
Amnarei-asud has been on a roll for quite some time now. Performed very well in the summer Olympics over in Paripana, won the 64th Baptism of Fire over Nordernious, and have defeated foes we could only dream of defeating. Face it, 63 just has to wait.
But what about Veldgouwen and Nordskania? Those two are just hairs away from qualifier contention!
Nordskania had finished 2nd in the Baptism of Fire 63, higher than us, while Veldgouwen has been going strong since the IAC. This group isn't fresh meat, Rees. The qualifiers are something that takes time and patience to perfect just as the legends have.
Häther growled slightly under his breath.
Fine. Then I suppose Merritt can keep his job.
What?
Nothing. Just, who do we play after Valfeline's Day?
Well, according to the schedule, after Tumbra is our quick break, or our mid-qualifier friendlies. We'll host Averyickan City at RTS ans travel to Anthor for the second portion. Then it's back on with the campaign.
Thank you, manager. Tell the team I wish them good luck in tomorrow's match.
I will indeed, sir. You have a good day.
You as well.
Sporting Achievements
World Cup Ranking: 49th; KPB: 15.66; Style: 0
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Last Gasp - Part 8
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7

It was an excruciatingly long journey for Mr. Holmes. Shoved in the boot of the small car, cramped and uncomfortable. Claustrophobia overcoming him like a sudden fever. But there was nothing he could do about it, stuck in the back of a car with his hands cuffed behind his back, his mouth muffled with tape and a black bag tied over his face so he couldn't see anything. He could hear someone talking - probably the woman who had taken him hostage and shoved him in the car - but he knew that she was alone. He had to assume she was on the phone to someone; he assumed she was making the necessary preparations for when she arrived back at their base, wherever that may be, to deal with the leader of Ethane.

Mr. Holmes dreaded having to submit to their interrogation, which he expected to come later. There would be no reason for them to kidnap him, unless they had something they really wanted from him, so he could only imagine what they would do to extract the knowledge they need to complete their job. And then he assumed they would probably just kill him, all use for him gone. There would be no point in sending him back into the real world, Mr. Holmes thought to himself, as he would probably warn authorities and compromise the position of the party. Getting the police involved would just scupper any plans the party had for the future, and to recover, and they would not want their plan to be destroyed.

It was roughly a 2 hour journey locked away in the boot of the car for Mr. Holmes, or it at least felt that way. Whether it actually was that long a journey, or whether the journey just felt a lot longer than it actually was because of the position he found himself in, Mr. Holmes couldn't be sure about, as he had nothing with him; his phone, his watch, and any other device which could have been used to tell the time or communicate with the outside world had been confiscated from him as to keep him in the dark about where they were headed to, and where they were. Everything had to be kept hidden about their operation, otherwise a tyrannical government would be in place forevermore.

Mr. Holmes found himself being dragged out of the minibus by the women who had brought him to this place, the mask still firmly planted on his head, blocking any view of the real world he could have had. He was dragged along the floor, which was cold to the touch, and into a room, where his face mask was promptly removed. The women who dragged him there then backed out of the room she dragged him into, shut and locked the door. Mr. Holmes was imprisoned with no escape easily, so he just slumped and gave up, falling to sleep on the floor, shivering from the panic throughout the journey in the boot of the car. However, he managed to catch the name of the woman who drove him here, and who dragged him into the prison cell.

'Jenny, have you got the target?' a male voice boomed out from around the corner, out of sight of the woman and out of sight of the drowsy Mr. Holmes, who would have likely not been concentrating enough to notice anyway.

'The target is in custody.' Jenny shouted back around the corner to the other side of the base, where the man in charge was standing with a number of operatives, who were waiting for confirmation about stage two of the plan, so the party could continue further in their efforts in trying to destabilise the nation so that the radical government could be overthrown. 'Stage Two is a go.'

. . . . .

Earlier that day, Kirsty was sat in her office, just down the corridor from where Mr. Holmes' office was. She was working at her desk when she saw Mr. Holmes walk past for his break. She had learnt quite quickly that this was a daily part of his routine, and that he always spent half-an-hour down in the farmers market; 30 minutes that could be put to extremely good use.

Almost as soon as the lift-doors closed, and the lift signalled that it was on the way down, Kirsty stood up and walked down the corridor to where Mr. Holmes' office was. She stopped outside the door, wary she could get caught for doing this, but this was her job. She knocked on the door, three loud raps against the door with her clenched fist. No response. There was no one else in his office today. She looked left and right, and saw no one, so entered. The coast was clear.

The office was quite small for normal offices, but this was deceptive because of the amount of storage areas packed into the office, containing important policy documents. Ever since he had been elected, Mr. Holmes had wanted to stay in his own party offices most of the time rather than move to the leader's rooms in the main national leaders department, which was allowed. However, Kirsty was extremely thankful this was the case, as it made it so much easier to complete her job, sneaking in when he went out for his break because there was barely anyone else around, and because her office was to remain in the party office building, rather than move to the main building.

She began to search through the draws. She was looking for a specific document which had been requested back at base; they had no idea what was in it, but they expected it to be bad, and they wanted to know about it before it came into effect as it could be damaging to them. Kirsty knew that the document would be tucked away somewhere in the office, but it was whether she could find it before it was time for Mr. Holmes to return and her to leave the office, before she gets spotted.

She found the document tucked away in the back of one of the filing cabinets, stumbling upon it by accident because she had happened to drop that one out while quickly scanning through them, as she knew she was running out of time. She had just reached the final filing cabinet when she had seen Mr. Holmes walking back towards the building, and then pause, turning around. She glanced up at the clock, realising it was half-past: the end of his break. Luckily for her, he was running a little late coming in, engrossed most likely in the conversation with the man at the farmer's stall.

She had seen him enter the lift when she opened the last filing draw, and the lift was only 1 level down when the document fell to the floor. She shoved the filing draw back into the cabinet and grabbed the document off the floor in one quick swoop, before heading for the door. She reached the door and began to turn the handle to leave the room.

Ding! Doors opening. The sound of the lift on the level she was on. Footsteps coming down the hall towards the office she was in; she couldn't get caught in here, for fear of her cover being blown considering the almost constant fear of a terrorist attack occuring on the government. She scanned the room, looking at where she could hide. She noticed a small cupboard in the coner which was just about small enough to fit inside. She dived into it, quietly shutting the door as Mr. Holmes opened the office door, entering the room where she was hiding just a few metres away. This was going to be a long afternoon for her.

Match Review

In the penultimate game of the first half of the World Cup Qualifying, Ethane managed to pick up yet another win to remain as one of the three teams who have won every game so far.

The Red Kites found themselves facing New Gazi in their 8th game of the qualifiers, a team who appear to be struggling in the group, placed seventh with seven points from 2 wins and 1 draw. In contrast to the performance of the Red Kites previous to the New Gazi match, the team from New Gazi appears to be having a pretty miserable cycle.

Coming into this match, it was clear who the favourite was; top of the group, having won all seven of their games so far versus 7th placed New Gazi.

And to no one's surprise, a rather typical and expected result was delivered from the team from Ethane. This win marks the fifth out of eight games that the Red Kites have won their game one goal to nil, showing the Ethanians to be a rather consistent, and defensive team in their style play.

The Red Kites came out in strength and played decent football, controlling the ball and preventing the team from New Gazi from applying too much pressure. They never appeared in a position where it seemed like they could comeback, and it should have been - like many other of the games in this campaign - a higher margin in favour of Ethane.

The one goal in this game came in the 33rd minute, and was a beautiful curling free kick from about 30 yards out. Hayden Watts stood up to take the free kick, an unusual choice but one which paid off.

One of the players from New Gazil had wiped Julian West out, sending him flying to the floor and leading to him needing to be rushed off the pitch and to hospital. The player was given a straight red while the game stopped for a good ten minutes while the player was taken away, out of respect for them. Hayden Watts was the substitute for Julian West, and was given the choice to take the free kick, which he took.

He sent it curling beautifully into the top left corner, past the outstretched arms of the keeper, giving Ethane the one-nil win they need to stay ahead in the group, and continue winning.

This victory means that the Red Kites are now 1 of only 3 teams who have won all their games so far; a feat challenging for those in the top 10, let alone a team barely scraping into the top 50.

However, whether this will last with the second most challenging game of the group for Ethane up next against Damukuni remains to be seen.

'23: Hayden Watts
'45+9: Branden Veresoto
'70: Grady Stevens

Lineup vs Damukuni

GK: Brody Church
LB: Bruce Washington
CB: Darien Fear
CB: Kyle Cooper
RB: Archie Holmes
CDM: Merlin Midgley
LM: Kevyn Stidolph
RM: Branden Veresoto
ST: Dewayne Boivin
LF: Samuel Mitchell
RF: Wilmer Jaurequi

Schedule and Stats

Note: statistics will be updated for tomorrow.

Pre-WCQ Friendly: Qasden 1-0 Ethane @ Royal T.V. Stadium, T.V. City
MD1: Korizland 0-1 Ethane @ Korizland
MD2: Ethane 1-0 Rebuild the Wall @ King Edward IV Stadium, New Sarum
MD3: Electrum 0-1 Ethane @ Centralis Arena
MD4: Ethane 2-1 Cetheque @ King Edward IV Stadium, New Sarum
MD5: The Andromeda Archipelago 0-2 Ethane @ The Andromeda Archipelago
MD6: Ethane 1-0 Tinhampton @ King Edward IV Stadium, New Sarum
MD7: Boring Paradise 0-2 Ethane @ Boring Paradise
MD8: New Gazi 0-1 Ethane @ New Gazi
MD9: Ethane vs Damukuni @ King Edward IV Stadium, New Sarum
Mid-WCQ Friendly TBC
MD10: Ethane vs Korizland @ King Edward IV Stadium, New Sarum
MD11: Rebuild the Wall vs Ethane @ Wooden Palisade
MD12: Ethane vs Electrum @ King Edward IV Stadium, New Sarum
MD13: Cetheque vs Ethane @ Cetheque
MD14: Ethane vs The Andromeda Archipelago @ King Edward Stadium, New Sarum
MD15: Tinhampton vs Ethane @ Tinhampton
MD16: Ethane vs Boring Paradise @ King Edward Stadium, New Sarum
MD17: Ethane vs New Gazi @ King Edward Stadium, New Sarum
MD18: Damukuni vs Ethane @ TBC
Post-WCQ Friendly: TBC
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:35 pm

-What a great match!Yttribia 0,Natanians and Nosts 1.
-But we must recognise that their goalkeeper is a good one,lah!
-Yes,our attack werked calmy,as the defence did not even bothered them.
-Now Mihai Carolus Antoescu has some players with him.
-Hi.I am here with Natan Nínnio Gonçalo who scored that beautiful goal.
-Oh.Thank you,mr. Mihai!I think that was one of the most beautiful goals of my carrer.
-Yes,it is nt everyday that we see a goal on the angle,wah!
-Yes,lah.
-So,what is the team planning for the next match?
-We are planning to make a good game,play a beautiful football,and I dare to say we'll seek a draw!
-Oh,a draw against the world champions would be great,but how do you feel to play against their team?
-I do feel very honoured!Their team is amazingly good.To play against the best players,it will be very good.We'll learn a lot from that game.
-And about today's match?
-I joost thik we did well,obviously our team could have done better,but their goalkeeper was very good.And if it is the will of God that we win just by one to zero,we win one to zero.
-Okay,thank you.
-You're welcome.
-Hey!Lucas Lucius Vit,how are you?
-I am great.Great after winning a good team,great for our team winning again,but I am also not that happy,because I think we could have done better.
-Are you upset for leaving the game?
-No,No way.I'm glad João Márcus Munteanu could enter and he gave a different way of the team attacking,but unsuccessfully we did not sco'ed more.
-What's the feeling of beating Yttribia and to face the world champions?
-It's something very new.I am not accostumated beating known teams,but to play against the world champions,it's like a dream,but we will probably lose.
-Good bye and thank you.
-You're welcome.Good bye!
-Mihai,thank you.
-Oh you're welcome Cáius.I'll see you on next match.
-O.K.Let's see the goal again...
"Lucas Lucius Vit recovers th ball,passes to Gabriel Ápio Silva,he tries to pass to Mihail Heitor Fostar,but the Yttribian midfielder steals the ball...Mihail Heitor recovers it again he runs and dribble one,he crosses to Natan Nínnio Gonçalo.Natan Nínnio Gonçalo has the ball,he passes by one,two dibbles the third,passes to Gabriel Ápio Silva,he gives a nutmeg at the deffender,dribble another,passes back to Natan Nínnio Gonçalo who manages to shoot ...aaaaannd...gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll at the ange!Natan Níinio Gonçalo for Natanians and Nosts!One to zero!What a beautiful goal!"
-That was indeed a beautiful goal.
-Agree!
-So any comments?
-They must focus on the conclusion.They mustfocus on that,because we lost many opportunities,without taking the merit away from their goalkeeper.
-Okay,good night and good bye.Now you stay with our night NewsCast!
Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!
Hosted:WLC 27

International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Proud Esportivan since November 2016[/align]

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Elune watched from her perch in the Gray Havens as the world unfolded before her, her eyes cast across the whole of the world as each and every event played out before her. The Eternal Realm remained safe and prosperous, yet the right of the world felt like it was on the brink of collapsing as a whole. The guardians who had meant to safeguard the world seemed to have failed at their tasks and Elune doubted now even the presence of the heroes that owed their loyalty to her would be able to rescue the putrid, rotting corpse that the world was rapidly becoming. Though each drop in the water caused ripples that could be felt from the center to the entire edge, they lost momentum the further and further out that they pressed on. A well placed hero might have saved the nation or even region that it would be placed in, but not one hero could save the entire world and the world was in quite dire need of saving, such was her assessment.

The goddess' arm reflexively reached for the sword at her hip, a gauntlet covered hand gripping the golden hilt with some force, the fingers flexing around that decorated metal. Elune felt a pull to interfere directly, as she had done decades and centuries before, though was it was the right thing to do in the scheme of the entire weave of destiny and creation? From the death of once marvelous forces had seen the birth of more brilliant lights, the stars that dotted across the night sky were as much a proof that as any that could be found in the mortal realm. To let the sequence play out as she predicted that it would, would see such indecent destruction, but would it then in turn see the blossoming of something greater to take shape from that loss? It was said by the strategists of war and of coaches in sport that one often learned the most in their losses than from their victories. Was the world a lost cause, would its destruction be a loss from which she and other deities could learn from to do better from?

Her grip upon the golden hilt was relinquished and instead she made for the writing desk, for Elune knew that this was not a matter for her alone to decide. While she was a protector of the Eternal Realm and the world upon which it was located, she was not its only guardian and she could not make unilateral decisions in deciding its fate. There was at least a few others who had to be consulted on what to do with the state of the world, though she did not like having to contact them in their realm. While she was divine, that absolute was not a guarantee in theirs, nor was anything that one might have believed to be an absolute truth or fact. The twisted and wondrous ways of the Dreamed Realm, where The Holy Empire laid claim, shifted and altered realities as if weaving mere fabric into a tunic. Such domain over the very idea and construct of reality always concerned her, but there were denizens there that she respected and whose opinion on the state of the world she now sought.

Dear Juan Tzimisces and Simeone Di Bradini,

As you are undoubtedly aware, there is a grave matter to discuss, that which pertains to the fate of the very world that which I am to guardian, and whether it should survive or not...
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

Drawkland
Senator

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Player Bios 4

Postby Drawkland » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:59 pm

KICK CORPS PLAYER BIOGRAPHIES
It's come to our attention that many people don't know a lot about Kick Corps players outside of what they've seen on the international stage. We feel that this is unfair to the players and thus, we want to showcase them a little of our players' history, personality, personal life, and of course, playing style. Maybe this will help future opponents or scouts understand our players more and lead to a brighter and better future for Drawkland in soccer.

Pft, nahh. Anyway, we'll be progressing along through the lineup, starting with the Starters and then going into the Reserves. Once we finish the current lineup this series will obviously cease, but we'll release a new installment every time new players are called up to the team.

Part 4: Ellzidan

ELLZIDAN

And of course, with any Player Biography Series, we have to talk about Ellzidan. Now, of course, if you're any self-respecting Drawkian, you already know the legend/history/mythos/made-up story/completely factual tale surrounding Ellzidan's origin, and perhaps if you're a soccerhead you've learned of her start with the sport way back when the DLK was first formed. But this isn't for Drawkians. This is for the foreigners who actually don't know much of anything about our players, much less the innate history of our wonderful nation.

Okay, so right now in Drawkland it's about the year 5450. In the Drawkian calendar, Year 0000 was when the nation as it stands today was first formed, after a period of civil war. Ellzidan predates even that. Scholars (read: people brave enough to ask Ellzidan questions) have estimated that the Elf was born somewhere in the Southeast territory of Drawkland (the one she rules that's named after her) around the year -416. What follows is the legend surrounding her origin, in a somewhat condensed form.

The Elves in the tribe which Ellzidan was born into have births in a certain ritual. After conception, the spirit of an unborn child travels to a small pond known as the Lebethan Pool, and once it finishes development, the child bursts forth from the waves, and they're immediately taken in by the tribe mothers. Exactly one month after their birth, the child is placed at the top of ceremonial Gingreas Tree. This tree, although now likely dead as most elven tribes disappeared many millennia ago, was known to be special in properties. When placed on the highest branches, the baby would start moving, as the branches of the tree would sway back and forth, almost alive as arms. At some point the baby would go between some of the branches, seemingly when the tree decided the time was right, and then the baby would fall through the tree. Then, before the baby would fall to the ground, 2 tree branches would stop the baby, and the baby would lie on said branches to be retrieved. Each branch represented a member of the tribe, and thus the two branches' respective elves would be the parents of the child, regardless if they were the actual biological parents of said child. Such decisions were made by the Spirits they believed in, as the Spirits knew which parentage with which child would benefit the whole of Elvenkind.

Ellzidan was different, however. When the top branches shifted and allowed her to fall through, instead of falling and being caught by a certain pair of branches, she ended up falling, tipping, and rolling, managing to be straddled gently by each branch on the tree before being passed on to the next one, until she dropped gently to the roots of the tree themselves, and seemed to be lifted up to the watching members of the tribe. They had no idea what such an omen meant, but it was surely a sign of greatness, whether it be good or evil. Thus, Ellzidan was raised by every member of the tribe, living with one couple for a month or two before moving to the next. She learned many, many things, obviously having a variety of teachers, and became one of the most skilled beings in that part of the world. The attribute she took most to, of course, was fighting. She learned things like how to hide 17 blades within her normal clothing, as well as advanced swordplay and the innate elvish art of archery.

Around the age of 177, Ellzidan felt a feeling in her gut, something convincing her to leave home. Her heart grew restless with boredom, the real fury and fire in her soul too much for the calm and cool day-to-day routine of her fellows. She left, not even on horseback, simply running out into the unknown woods, filled with threats, and with no real goal in mind. She ran for several days straight without stopping, only briefly to eat or drink to prevent collapse, but on the seventh day she knew she could go no further, and nigh-collapsed in a small cave in the mountains. She awoke to the face of a dragon, filling up the space of the small cave. However, this wasn't your average dragon. Instead, it was perhaps the only sensible dragon left in the world. Magnatha didn't raid or pilfer like your average dragon, she instead mainly slept and ate little in said cave, mainly to avoid getting shot. The duo seemed to really fit each other. After a short while, Magnatha decided that she would pair herself to Ellzidan. The bonding of the two was a rather drawn-out ceremony which neither truly understood, but in the end their souls were intertwined. Ellzidan's arm became lightly covered in scales, a deep crimson with shades of magenta hidden within them.

The two went out on adventures after that (we're only covering the basics here), essentially seeking out evil in the world and destroying it. Unbeknownst to them, a lot of the armies and dictators they swept through singlehandedly actually created geographical gaps, where good could flourish. It were these acts that eventually allowed the kingdoms of Sadeg, Hellenmack, Kayo, and a host of others to grow from nothing without being burned or enslaved. It were these acts that allowed Iarocav and, ultimately, all of Drawkland to be formed. But that was centuries away. Quite by accident, Ellzidan became the enforcer of justice throughout the land which would become Drawkland. Especially in her Southeastern corner of the world, she turned into the accidental ruler of the land, this slice of the continent.

Eventually, though, Magnatha's age began to show. The old dragon began to fade away, despite Ellzidan's stubborn protest. At the foot of a rather large sapling (even as the teenage version of a tree still outgrew most every tree in the valley it inhabited), the dragon passed on, and unbeknownst to Ellzidan at the time, imparted her entire soul into the Elf. This gave Ellzidan the ability to cover her body in scales, fly, occasionally spit fire, and teleport, but she didn't know that yet, and we're honestly still a little skeptical about it. But this soul implantation gave Ellzidan a much more potent ability: the ability to speak to said sapling, which once absorbing the dragon's actual body in the ground, caused it to grow in size by several orders of magnitude. This tree is known to everyone now as Elstrund, the absolutely enormous and rather telepathic tree which dominates the center of Ellzidan's current territory.

Ellzidan, in her sadness, fled from the tree before said transformation occurred, and went out into the wilderness. She barely ate or slept, and eventually came across the lone Iarocav on an exploratory expedition to the land. They met, and the rest is basic Drawkian history, folks. The 4 main leaders of the major Drawkian kingdoms fought in an epic war, and in the end it was Ellzidan who caused a turning point in the climactic battle which led to a victory by the Iarocav side. Iarocav became the leader of Drawkland, Ellzidan was named the 5th of the sub-leaders, the leaders went on a successful quest for immortality a couple decades later, blah blah. We'll explain this sometime else, you hear?

Anyway, what does this even mean for Ellzidan in soccer? Well, honestly, not much, but it's good for foreign people to be educated on Drawkland (most important nation in multiverse)'s history and general mythos. When the Drawkian League of Kickerball (now just Drawkian League Kickerball or the DLK) was first being formed 3900-odd seasons ago, Ellzidan took a heavy interest to it. She'd played a sport similar to Kickerball (as it was called at the time) way back in the day with some kids living in a village near Elstrund and fell in love with the game. As the league was formally being created, she contacted Iarocav (who wasn't necessarily in charge but had plenty of leverage) in ensuring Ellzidan would have a team. He expected her to be the manager or owner, that was wrong. She was a player through and through. When the need for a stadium arose, Ellzidan simply asked Elstrund for someplace to play. The gigantic tree obliged, shifting his huge roots around and slightly altering their shape. He created a stadium within them, one of the main reason the team is known as the "Elstrund Roots," because the team literally plays between Elstrund's Roots. Mind blown, right? Ellzidan played with her team every season for a long while (besides the times she would disappear for decades on end for no real reason), and never played for another club in her life. Will she ever go to another Drawkian team? Likely not. Will she ever go abroad to play? Who knows.

As far as playing goes, one could say this particular Elf has a lot of experience. Playing since the sport had a name, and having a few extra centuries to expand her game, she eventually became adept at every position. Keeper, Defender, Midfielder, Striker, and all manner of positions and subpositions in between. Eventually she settled on a moving, powerful, utility Center Midfielder. It allows her to command the field with authority, and gives her the chance to cover the most ground. She has mastered almost every playing style known to the sport, besides the ones she finds stupid or boring. Her general feel, however, is to simply be physical. Aggressive on the ball, aggressive with the ball, and being ridiculously technical and full of finesse. If there's a move, she can pull it off. The problem is that she can only cover so much ground at once, which means that despite being a power on the field, she's also at a disadvantage in that her teammates are never as good as she is. A team of 11 Ellzidans would absolutely decimate pretty much all opponents, but that doesn't happen. And plus, it's clear Ellzidan has pity. Sure she could probably drop 7 goals in on any mediocre Drawkian side during the domestic season, but then her fellow players would be bored. She's said it herself many times that "it's simply not fair to my teammates. Everybody know's I'm good, I don't have anything to prove. Now my goal is to help and improve my team members."

Now, the Elf, being an Elf, and a Drawkian one at that, is taller than many players and people out there. At an impressive 7'7", she's in the ultimate physical condition, at least for a Drawkian soccer player. She's skinny without losing definition and thick without gaining excess weight. She's pretty much at peak performance, as not only does she play soccer for her source of daytime entertainment, but also fights and hunts the evils and various creatures of the multiverse as her night job. Obviously she also has the pointed ears. She also has a pretty apparent pink or peach skin tone, contrasting almost all elves but matching the majority of Drawkian women. She also has proportions which, while not landing her any modeling jobs in addition to her badassery, do leave some guys wishing they could find a way to hit up a 5-millennium old legend. With a light sprinkling of freckles on her face and upper body in addition to a perpetually young face, she almost seems like a child at times. A very deadly child. Who'd tackle you into another dimension and break your ankles. Both literally and in soccer lingo. Her hair is brunette which occasionally has rust highlights in the sun, and she wears it long and usually in some sort of braid wherever she is. A special trait of hers is that in major matches she plays (being a domestic playoff match or really any international game), when captains and players exchange gifts before the match, she usually gifts the opposing captain with a fancy, self-smithed, ceremonial sword, which are usually signed via engraving by the team's members. She'll sometimes give a similar one to an opposing manager for Final Matches if she's ever involved in one. And as you may tell, in attitude she's generally stubborn, mysterious at many times, and altogether caring, even if it doesn't sound like it.
United Dalaran wrote:Goddammit, comrade. I just knew that someday some wild, capitalist, imperialist interstellar empire will swallow our country.

CN on the RMB wrote:drawkland's leader has survived so many assassination attempts that I am fairly certain he is fidel castro in disguise
The INTERSTELLAR EMPIRE of DRAWKLAND

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Hatire Memorial Stadium
Capri Island|Valanora

The Kitsunes were thankful to break their four-game draw streak with a win against Ancharmunn. If there was ever a situation for the Kitsunes to lose it was definitely this match against the Marauders of Valanora on the road at Hatire Memorial Stadium. The Kitsunes were no strangers to Valanora and judging by previous results as well as the overall painful grind that followed their rocket start, people were emotionally prepared to a Kirishinan loss. This, believe it or not, was a relief for Seong Mi-Soo. While her squad would be in a terrible position standing wise should they lose to the elven team, nobody was expecting a win. Not the media, or the fans which meant no pressure. Of course, they would put all their effort against the highly ranked opposition but the more realistic goal was to avoid their goal differential get to hurt by the match. As a result, for the first time in a long time, Seong Mi-Soo was headache free in the lead up to the match. Sure the envy towards the success all the other quality teams were having was still getting to her. That did not matter for this upcoming match and could be put on the back burner.

The game went as expected for the Kitsunes early on in the game. Valanora scored in the 25th, 52nd, and 74th minute with Allandren Fresco scoring the 25th and 74th-minute goals earning a brace. Despite being on the losing end down 3-0, the Kitsunes fought hard and Sayo Matsuoka scored in the 82nd minute to put Kirishima on the board. When the final whistle blew, Seong Mi-Soo was just glad it was over. Of course, that would be the team's first loss. She wished for a miracle but if there was a divine entity other than the goddess Kamiya affecting scores and play, that entity was already working against Kirishima. Helping the Kitsunes at this stage would be uncharacteristic of that mischevious being.

The team while prepared for the loss dragged their feet into the locker room in silence. The players just got changed as usual with PR telling certain players which ones needed to speak to the media for the press conference. Having enough of the silence Mi-Soo spoke up. "So we finally loss huh? Come on team just forget about the first half. I am sure we can turn things around here in the second half All we need to do is just play our game and forget about the standings. However, we need to ask ourselves do we really want this? Was all our hard work climbing the rankings all for nothing? We need to play hard and I know morale is low and so is our confidence but we need to at least fake it. Otherwise, we will be stuck in a downhill spiral. Dismissed." Seong Mi-Soo stated in a speech before going off to give a generic press briefing on a game everyone knew they would lose.
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Lineup @ The Serbian Empire: Elise (Thorben '35); Cameron - Shipp - Lia - Lorenzo; Minke (Montague '46) - Buric; Baumgartner - Berit (Hellion '63) - Chesser; Victoriane (C).

Goalscorers: Victoriane '46 (assisted by Montague), Victoriane '51 (assisted by Baumgartner), Victoriane '61 (unassisted), Chesser '72 (assisted by Hellion), Hellion '81 (free kick), Baumgartner '88 (assisted by Hellion).

After a catastrophic first half which resulted in being down three-nil at half and the sending of Halide Elise to the emergency room due to an arrhythmia, the Chromatiks settled down and played the game with a vengeance. Elise was shaky for the entire match, letting in three goals that she should've stopped without a problem; she then promptly collapsed and had to be replaced with Nikolai. The second half was accentuated by a hat trick by Victoriane in a matter of fifteen minutes, and a great performance by Rachel Hellion from the bench as the Chromatiks rebounded to a 6-3 victory. It might be easy to say that the loss was all on Halide's condition, but there were worrying sings that pointed to perhaps Parker's strategy not being the best thing in the world after all. Victoriane continues to show that she might be worth another look in the cycles to come, or perhaps the position just allows for strikers to shine more than they are supposed to.

Lineup vs. Taeshan: Thorben; Morningstar - Stef - Aart - Ellen; Montague - Liam; Rien - Hellion - Antonio (C); Andisori;

Nikolai provided a calming presence between the posts after Halide went down, and it was needed for the reserves (with Rachel and Alyss helping) to stage the comeback. There will be no room for error against the Knights, a team that has been over-performing this cycle. As Chromatika will have to play all of Red Blackiland, Krytenia, and Taeshan away in the second half of qualifying, a strong win to finish the first half will be essential. Expect Taeshan to come out and play hard, but for the home side to prevail. The game is being played at The Capitalizt Dome, after all.
Disclaimer: I am writing this with Northern Sunrise Islands's blessing. All credits of the PokéCards and whatnot go to him.

With the powers that a Yveltal provided, it wasn't that hard to track the three hoodlums that had ambushed Chrom. They had run off into the woods in a hurry after her multifaceted attack involving Gothorita, Glaceon, Gliscor, and Yveltal. From the fact that they underestimated Pokémon, it was obvious that they weren't expecting her to follow them, either.

It had taken her a day to reach this point - and from all that was around her when she passed through towns and villages, it was obvious that it was Valentine's Day. Pink was everywhere, and there were many scenes that would melt people's hearts. Yeso had to stop herself from getting engrossed in watching all the happenings around her to continue to track. She had made herself a promise, and she was hell bent on making sure that it would happen.

"Thanks, Yveltal. Return, please. We'll face them in the dead of night, when we are the strongest," Yeso said. The Yveltal nodded, and then winked and brought its claws together in what was unmistakably the shape of a heart before vanishing into the Pokéball. Yeso smiled at that. Ever since meeting Yveltal, they had gotten along very well. It helped that Yveltal was sick and tired of being judged, and had no plans on dying, which would suck all the energy from the world in order for him to be reborn. Now, he was definitely her strongest Pokémon, though Gothorita and her were the closest.

Taking a moment to herself, Yeso thought back to yet another memory in her long (undead) life...

"I cannot! Will not! Are you insane?! Yeso cried out, trying to move away from where she was. However, her feet were tied down, as was the rest of her body. Only her neck was free, primarily so that what they wanted - her mouth - would be free.

The faceless ones continued to mill about, getting more and more excited by the second. A drumbeat began to sound in the deep, shaking the core of the very earth that the low cavern was composed of. Everything shook, but the rattling was drowned out by the incessant humming coming from the faceless ones as well as the drumbeat. Well, they weren't really faceless. More like they looked faceless through the haze that Yeso was under.

A being was being offered to her, she could tell. It was alive, her ears told her. A burning sensation began to form at the back of her throat. The drum began to beat faster and faster, until everything was a constant flurry of motion and noise.

She refused to bite down. That was what they wanted of her, that was obvious. She refused. She wouldn't. She...

In slow motion, everything cleared up, and she saw a knife come down and nick the skin of the being that was held in front of her. She saw the drop of blood began to form. And then...

Red haze. Flashes of ecstasy. The pumping of hot, fresh blood. The taste... Everything jumbled, everything intense, everything so alive...

Next thing she remembered, she was alone in the cavern. There were no more faceless beings, no deep beat of the drum.

No, just her, on the ground.

Wait, was that a body?

She went to it, half curious, half dreading.

The being was face-down on the ground. Long brown hair, a similar looking dress... No, it couldn't be...

With a startle, she flipped the lifeless being over. And then let out a piercing shriek.

It was Maven. She had drained Maven.

Shrieks echoed through the cavern, followed by deep sobs...

Never shall I love anyone again. Not as a friend, and definitely not as a lover. No, I refuse.

Was it nighttime yet?

To get that memory off her mind, she began to hum a haunting melody...
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Pasarga
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasarga » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:02 pm

Torgos Tribune ~ Auðbjörnsson's Rise

What were you doing when you turned twenty-two, had you began to your dreams or maybe set the world ablaze as people viewed you as a prodigy in your profession? Had you become one of the most well known people in your field, were seen as the present and future pride of your company or nation? Odds are that you have not, not unless your name happens to be Ingþór Auðbjörnsson who has taken off like a rocket with the way he has transitioned his game from the under twenty-one side, to then playing as a rotation player at Zozi, to now being the leading striker for the Wanderers' in their quite potent and impressive attack. While there was always high hopes when Auðbjörnsson came onto the scene in the SuperLiga Youth League and then on the U21 national team, few could have predicted how quickly the striker would develop and become one of the best strikers that Pasarga has ever produced, mirroring that skill of the very manager of the national team.

The Zozi striker has lead the Wanderers to the top of their qualifying group as the team approaches the halfway point of the campaign with a very nice lead between them and second place and having yet to lose a game. This group was painted as one that would give the Wanderers quite a bit of trouble potentially, as the likes of Nova Anglicana and Super-Llamaland are not teams that can so easily be discarded as just middling powers. Defeating them on the backs of wonderful strikers from the tall striker in back to back matches to open up the campaign saw the Wanderers and the striker both begin on the right foot and they have both continued that trend through the other six games. In the seven games that Auðbjörnsson has appeared in, the striker has five goals and the Wanderers have won all of those matches, drawing the only game that the strikers did not play in, as he was given a rest to prevent exhaustion.

Perhaps the most amazing thing is that Auðbjörnsson is not the only young striker that the Wanderers' have that looks like they could be leading the side to glory. On top of Ingþór, there is also Alexander Kárpáty who plays in the Cosumarite league, and then Claudio Romano who plays in Quebec and lead the U21 side to their DBC title this summer. While Pasarga has been well known in the past for the gritty midfielders and tireless strikers, when you look at these trio of young, athletic, and quite skilled forwards as well as Tobias Möller who came before them and now manages the national program, you are beginning to see a tradition of quite skilled attackers. It is a promising thing to behold, as a strong attack to build upon the great possession game that the Wanderers' already possess could go a long way towards reestablishing the Wanderers' as one of the title contenders in the World Cup. A task which the Zozi striker will look to finish the first half in style with the game on the morrow, as the Wanderers travel to the Blouman Empire to close out the first half.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:11 pm

Take care to leave a trace.

Matchday Nine Cutoff
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports