NATION

PASSWORD

World Grand Prix Championships S15: OOC Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:23 am

Out of interest, might I ask where the templates for the car liveries are taken from (particularly the one that the depiction of the Nexus Racing 'Chase Cutter' UHSGV-1 uses)? I will probably try to use one for my signup when next season rolls around.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:03 pm

Hey man.

A quick google reverse image search suggested it was a Jaguar Racing Formula E car, so I found a side-on picture and reduced the size of it.

A google image search for 'formula 1 car template' yields a fair few exploitable results, so I assume everyone has been taking those.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:27 pm

Audioslavia wrote:Hey man.

A quick google reverse image search suggested it was a Jaguar Racing Formula E car, so I found a side-on picture and reduced the size of it.

A google image search for 'formula 1 car template' yields a fair few exploitable results, so I assume everyone has been taking those.

Correct; I believe that I've found the picture you located! I think that I'll try modifying it for you to more accurately reflect what I imagine the car to look like.

I'll have a look. Thank you!
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:46 pm

I have edited Oliver Bliss as per opening post, am currently working on putting together a diagram of the car for RSR. Maybe even thinking about trying my hand at track creation again though that is less likely.

Taeshan wrote:
TEAM NAME: Rumble Strip Racing
RATING: (4/4/4)
TEAM PRINCIPAL: Enrique Vildemar
HEADQUARTERS: Ojian, Taeshan
RACING COLORS: Green and Grey

After years of failure in Salvatore F1's attempts to reach the World Grand Prix as a team a new challenger has taken over the spot as top Taeshani F1 team. Led by a cutthroat Enrique Vildemar, and with Oliver Bliss the team managed to win the Taeshani F1 season after the last Grand Prix series, and with that they have looked beyond the islands to the World.

(Image)

NAME: Oliver Bliss
NATIONALITY:Taeshani
TRIGRAM:TAE
NUMBER:14
ABILITY: (3/5/4)
BIO:Oliver Bliss turned out to be much better of a driver than much of the world thought during the last campaign. He was part of a duo at MSA-Sinval racing that saw the young Eastfield Lodge team finish 3rd in the Constructor's Championship. The fiery young Taeshani went on to win his home nations top F1 prize and once against sets his sites on the world. While finishing a distant 9th, and 12 points behind teammate, Louis Krindle, in the last campaign Bliss seems ready to return to the international scene and once again prove to be the best Taeshani driver in the sport ever.

In the last season Oliver finished 4th in Eastfield Lodge, 2nd in Liventia, 4th in Mattijana, and 4th in San Jose Guayabal.

NAME OF CIRCUIT: Fadron Raceway Park
CITY/TOWN: Fadron, Taeshan Island
NAME OF GRAND PRIX: Grand Prix of Taeshan
TRACK RATING: (Ag/Tc) 3/7
QUALIFYING TYPE: Two Tier
LAP RECORD: 1:32:27 Oliver Bliss (Track Testing)
LENGTH OF ONE LAP: 5.140 Kilometers
BIO:Fadron Raceway Park was recently done after the end of the Taeshani season. In a nation often covered in ice and snow such as Taeshan you often need to redo, and repave tracks every other season. Long a part of the F1 and Nascar circuits in Taeshan the storied track took itself out of the rotation from both series to rebuild for two whole season which was a bold move by Track owner Colby Andretti. The former Nascar Taeshan champion was hoping to reinvigorate the track and bring back its former glory. Rebuilding the speedway was half of the fight with a push to also get the track international acclaim by hopefully winning a bid to put the track in the international F1 scene at least as a test circuit. Hopefully one day it will also return to an international Nascar scene.

The track used to be known for its wide open racing and little technical work, but especially in the push to make it an F1 racing circuit it was rebuilt to be more of a technical track. Oliver Bliss was at the forefront of this push behind his proclivity to get through tight turns, and hoped that it might give him even more of a homefield advantage if one day the circuit would get on the international F1 race schedule.

The starting grid sits at the end of the longest straightaway the Broadway straight which runs along Broadway in Fadron's eastern district, just south of the fabled Fadron Fieldhouse. Turn one is a left handed sweep into turn two which is a tight left hander. Then comes a double turn with a chicane in what to the naked eye looks like a longer area. Turn five is a big round one up into the Anderson Hill. At the top of the hill the cars make a sharp turn downward. Down through the slightly downward Cobalt straight the cars eventually take another left onto the Bliss Straight. The Bliss straight is a little shorter than the Cobalt, but has a higher downgrade than the Cobalt Straight. At the end of this straight is the Andretti Hairpin which is a right handed turn that forces drivers to slow massively into the Parker Straight which is the second longest on the track. This straight is high speed with little elevation change. Turn nine is a downhill straight where cars eventually go under the above track through the tunnel and into a sweeping right turn 10, which is shortly followed by an uphill turn 11. Finally after going over the tunnel two right turns sit between the drivers and the Broadway straight which goes almost all the way back to turn one before you make the finish line.
Last edited by Taeshan on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:15 pm

I have now updated the image of the Nexus Racing 'Chase Cutter' with side-on and top-down views, the former to be used (if it isn't too much trouble) for the signup/team standings image. I have also included both the base livery and Ryker Lane's car's livery. I hope that all of that helps somewhat!
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WGPC
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby WGPC » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:14 pm

So, we have more than enough drivers, teams and cars for the coming season. The final selection will be made on or around December 23rd, so the deadline for teams and circuits is then. Driver signups will remain open for the first few weeks of the season.

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:11 pm

NAME: Ethan Ellis
NATIONALITY: Ethanese/Ethanian
TRIGRAM: ETN
NUMBER: 7
ABILITY: (Aggression/Technique/Reliability) 3/5/4
BIO: This will be Ethan's second season in the WGPC. Last season, Ethan was a member of the Carvenlo-Franklin Racing team from Liventia, where he found moderate success. He started off the season well, coming 5th in his first race in Hodori and second race in Aels, and finishing 2nd in the Gran Premio Guayabalense, constantly placing himself as a top-10 racer and quite often pushing for the top 5, but a few technical issues with the car meant that overall, he ended up finishing 10th in the drivers standings.

Ellis is a relatively technical driver, which can sometimes be detrimental to his aggressiveness on the track, but he doesn't sit back in races either. However, he is a reliable driver, and would be a beneficial sign to any team who wishes for him.

NAME: Benjamin Talison
NATIONALITY: Ethanese/Ethanian
TRIGRAM: ETN
NUMBER: 51
ABILITY: (Aggression/Technique/Reliability) 5/3/4
BIO: Benjamin was always an avid follower of racing, especially the World Grand Prix Championships. He always had a keen eye when it came to competition, and he was picked up for this by a talent scout who saw him at a birthday party at the age of seven. He then took up go-kart racing competitively, where he proceeded to climb up the ranks in the racing pyramid, reaching the top tier as Ethan Ellis entered his first season in the WGPC. Inspired by Ethan, Benjamin went on to win the top tier of Go-Karting in Ethane. Wanting to follow in Ethan's footsteps, he applied to join the WGPC, knowing that it was a long-shot considering his relative inexperience in actual cars, and his relative youth. However, when considering how he has grown, a large company decided to sponsor him in his application, and he was chosen to be the second WGPC applicant for Ethane. He is a very aggressive driver, so in many ways is a different driver to Ethan Ellis, considering his lack in technicalities. However, he does try to replicate Ellis in terms of reliability, and is a great driver for any team to choose, as he will do his best out there.

Circuit to come later

TEAM NAME: Fireline
RATING: (Acceleration/Cornering/Reliability) 3.5/4.5/4
HEADQUARTERS: New Sarum, Ethane
BIO: Following the popularity and strong following of the WGPC in Ethane during the past season, a consortium of companies have decided to group together to fund an independent, new Ethane-based team for entry into the WGPC season.

The WGPC was one of the more popular sports in Ethane on TV during the last season, regularly capturing the attention of 2-3 million when the races were broadcast, which is a relative success considering there are only around 15 million people in the nation. Therefore, a consortium of companies, whom have chosen to remain anonymous behind the consortium and team's name of Fireline, decided it would be financially beneficial, and entertaining, to enter a team into this season of the WGPC.

The team have received hefty funds of money, and will continue to receive large funds of money, from the consortium of businesses to advance the stage of development, so that the team may have a strong engine for the year. The engine did very well in pre-pre season testing, and they will be hoping they can utilise it in this season if their application is approved. The team is also looking for sponsors, so that in the long-run the team may start being more self-reliable and less dependent on the consortium for its funding, while still maintaining the name Fireline.

The team is on the look out to sign some strong contenders in this season, as well as getting an Ethanese driver into the team, to put out a strong line-up for the season if the application is successful.
PICTURE: Image
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:26 am

I must say that I'm thoroughly looking forward to seeing whether Nexus Racing has been invited to compete in the World Grand Prix Championships this year; good luck to all of the other teams up for selection!

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:51 am

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:I must say that I'm thoroughly looking forward to seeing whether Nexus Racing has been invited to compete in the World Grand Prix Championships this year; good luck to all of the other teams up for selection!

If I had to bet on which teams will be invited, I would say the following:

Keepers from Season 14:
1. McPahan Racing
2. Arada Motorsports
3. Telaris Racing
4. MSA-SinVal Racing
5. MRT
6. Wilson
7. Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiaccio

Returners:
8. Carvenlo-Clockwork
9. Vilita & Turori Motorsports

New Teams:
10. Bitten Heroes (This one is more like a hope)
11. Nexus Racing
12. Firestone
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

WGPC
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby WGPC » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:56 pm

Teams have been posted. The schedule will be posted shortly.

Tae: I feel bad not accepting RSR. They would have been accepted in previous seasons, but the demand was much greater this time round and, when balancing the amount of effort others users went to in their signups against previous participation and roleplaying, I felt I couldn't justify replacing any of the selected teams with RSR.

However, if one team drops out, then RSR are the first name on the list. This could also happen during the season, not only at the start.

Teams who don't RP in the negotiation phase and/or do not participate during the season may be replaced at any time during the season at the host's discretion. I will try to give any team a heads-up, of course. Anyone over-reacting to this warning (ie by perceiving it as some sort of threat) will be mocked.
Last edited by WGPC on Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:04 pm

WGPC wrote:Teams have been posted. The schedule will be posted shortly.

Thank you for accepting Nexus Racing into the season! I will attempt to be as active as possible.

Aboveland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Aboveland » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:29 pm

I'm on vacation till Wednesday, so I'll surely post something then.
AUTONOMOUS TERRITORIES OF THE ABOVIAN UNION: Nykipiflugpuu

Home to Terho Talvela, three-time WGPC World Champion, and one-time WSRC World Champion

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Postby Audioslavia » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:59 pm

The race schedule is up, though without any set dates yet.

Naturally, I don't expect anyone to be doing too much until after the festive season. Merry Christmas etc :)

Somersville
Attaché

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

WGPC 15

Postby Somersville » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:09 am

hello. I am sorry for what happened earlier, Lisander.I was just angry Ms. Hjelm has a 5-4-5.

And , Novo Subterranium Grand Prix. Set up like Monte Carlo.
I make my own team. Team Spartans.
Last edited by Somersville on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:16 am

Somersville wrote:Hey.Why did you kick me out !!

Aboveland wrote:
Somersville wrote:I have a track idea. Avery Superspeedway
5.5 kilometres = lap
Oval,Daytona Setup
Race: #WEMISS MS. DEWEY 250 (50 laps)

Umm...

It's an oval, without qualifying, and without a picture...

WGPC wrote:Driver signups have been added into the first post on this thread. Somersville, Arkan and Aboveland have made errors in their driver signups and should edit their driver signups accordingly.

Track / Team signups lists will be updated soon enough.

YOU MUST COMPLY WITH RULES.

If your driver does not comply with the rules, he won't be accepted. Don't say you were kicked out. You have never cared about the WGPC. If you have cared, you should have read the rules (they were completely clear) before starting an application.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Postby Audioslavia » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:19 pm

Lisander is basically right, Somersville. The maximum points-per-skill for a driver is five, and yours has six for aggression. If you change it we'll add you to the drivers list.

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Postby Audioslavia » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:14 am

A quick heads-up: I'm not going to be very active until January the 8th or so. A more precise schedule will be created by mid-January, with the McPahan tests soon after. The first official testing sessions should be in mid-to-late January.

Somersville
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Somersville » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Audioslavia wrote:Lisander is basically right, Somersville. The maximum points-per-skill for a driver is five, and yours has six for aggression. If you change it we'll add you to the drivers list.

5-4-5

Somersville
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Somersville » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:41 pm

Lisander wrote:
Somersville wrote:Hey.Why did you kick me out !!

Aboveland wrote:Umm...

It's an oval, without qualifying, and without a picture...

WGPC wrote:Driver signups have been added into the first post on this thread. Somersville, Arkan and Aboveland have made errors in their driver signups and should edit their driver signups accordingly.

Track / Team signups lists will be updated soon enough.

YOU MUST COMPLY WITH RULES.

If your driver does not comply with the rules, he won't be accepted. Don't say you were kicked out. You have never cared about the WGPC. If you have cared, you should have read the rules (they were completely clear) before starting an application.

First, My driver is a WOMAN!!!

Eastfield Lodge
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eastfield Lodge » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Somersville wrote:
Audioslavia wrote:Lisander is basically right, Somersville. The maximum points-per-skill for a driver is five, and yours has six for aggression. If you change it we'll add you to the drivers list.

5-4-5

The three values have to add up to a maximum of 12 points as well.
Economic Left/Right: -5.01 (formerly -5.88)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31 (formerly 2.36)
ISideWith UK
My motto translates to: "All Eat Fish and Chips!"
First person to post the 10,000th reply to a thread on these forums.
International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
info to be added
stuff to be added
This nation partially represents my political, social and economic views.

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:06 pm

Somersville wrote:First, My driver is a WOMAN!!!

This is irrelevant. It could even be an android or a pony. If the driver don't follow the guidelines, it must not be accepted.

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:23 pm

I'm taking some time away from NS. I have tendered Carvenlo Clockwork Racing's resignation from the 15th World Grand Prix Championship via telegram.
Слава Україні!

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Postby Audioslavia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Taeshan's Rumble Strip Racing are duly inserted into the 13-team line-up.

A clear schedule will be posted on or around the weekend of the 14th/15th of January.

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Postby Audioslavia » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Schedules for the coming season are now up. The first official testing session will be in two weeks time.

With regards to the McPahan tests for my own team, those will happen next week. Details will be TG'd to the participating drivers soon.

The deadline to sign-up for participation in the McPahan test will be this coming Wednesday (the 18th).

Driver sign-ups are still open for the WGPC if there are more interested parties.

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:24 pm

NAME: Eaoueaiou Aeouiouie
NATIONALITY: Chromatik
TRIGRAM: CMT
NUMBER: 17
ABILITY: (Aggression/Technique/Reliability) 3/4/5
BIO: She grew up in the streets of Eyrods, in the temperate climate, racing everything and anything she could find, often illegally hiding from the Chromatik Party. Covered in tattoos from head to foot, clad in dreadlocks and piercings all over the place, she's surprisingly smart, tough as nails, and extremely consistent. The twenty year old now hopes to race in bigger places with the hopes of being the nation's first recognized racer.
She goes by EA. Don't mess with her. She is dedicated though, and is looking for a chance.
Last edited by Chromatika on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports