NATION

PASSWORD

World Grand Prix Championships S15: OOC Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Redvale
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Redvale » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:11 am

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Woohoo! I meant it hyperbolically in the roleplay post, but we really can do this!

The Serbian Empire, we need to get this Tigar subplot resolved. If this is what a Chase Cutter can do on utterly awful tyres, imagine the capability that we'll have on wheels that are properly designed for the job!

I imagine this is only going to contribute to the budding rivalry between Nexus and Maria :^)
Puppet of Anglatia. An FanT/MT crossover nation ruled by a pantheon of gods and their chosen prophets.
Sporting Achievements: Global Cup of Soccer 2 Champion, NSCF 15 & 16 Mineral Conference champion. Winter Olympic Medals: 4 G, 5 S, 4 B

OOC: Nationalist, & Populist. #FreeKekistan

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:31 am

The Redvale wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Woohoo! I meant it hyperbolically in the roleplay post, but we really can do this!

The Serbian Empire, we need to get this Tigar subplot resolved. If this is what a Chase Cutter can do on utterly awful tyres, imagine the capability that we'll have on wheels that are properly designed for the job!

I imagine this is only going to contribute to the budding rivalry between Nexus and Maria :^)

Speaking of which, I still need to respond to you in the Nexus Racing HQ thread. I had a post a while ago - the contents of which I accidentally deleted, so I haven't been feeling particularly motivated to write it again since. Still, may as well do so now, not least so that the topic can adjust forward to the present day.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:05 pm

I think it'd be faster, but likely to pit have a shorter tyre life. I think the Tigar medium tyre will be the next batch, the compound this race weekend was the super hard compound which is nigh impervious to debris and can make the race on one pit stop with proper tyre management. Just like my RP said how Marika got the massive lead over 2nd.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:16 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:

I think it'd be faster, but likely to pit have a shorter tyre life. I think the Tigar medium tyre will be the next batch, the compound this race weekend was the super hard compound which is nigh impervious to debris and can make the race on one pit stop with proper tyre management. Just like my RP said how Marika got the massive lead over 2nd.

So we've already got the tyres from Tigar? That's fine, I suppose - I can say that Gertrude got them back before the Sunday.

Also, if you want to roleplay the podium and the press conference on it, this is the Nimban national anthem, under the name 'Together Unto Possibility'.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

Aboveland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Aboveland » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:26 pm

Congrats Nexus!

Now, quick question: if Tigar tyres would hypothetically raise the cornering ability of your car wouldn't it be unfair to everyone else?
AUTONOMOUS TERRITORIES OF THE ABOVIAN UNION: Nykipiflugpuu

Home to Terho Talvela, three-time WGPC World Champion, and one-time WSRC World Champion

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:37 pm

Aboveland wrote:Congrats Nexus!

Now, quick question: if Tigar tyres would hypothetically raise the cornering ability of your car wouldn't it be unfair to everyone else?

Thank you! I am thoroughly chuffed.

In regards to your question: you saw the cornering statistic in the submission, yes, which I soon after explicitly put down to tyre quality in an interview? I did actually plan for something like this early on, and the advantage gained is no more than someone else would gain by working on a more powerful engine and replacing an older model with it in order to boost acceleration. Since any team car's combination of ratings in acceleration, cornering and reliability is down to the car's features, it stands to reason that anyone modifying the features of their car in-roleplay modifies the ratings; I merely had the foresight to concentrate my weakness in one place and put them down to something plausible that was still relatively easily alleviated in order to quickly be able to improve those ratings.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:53 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Aboveland wrote:Congrats Nexus!

Thank you! I am thoroughly chuffed.

In regards to your question: you saw the cornering statistic in the submission, yes, which I soon after explicitly put down to tyre quality in an interview? I did actually plan for something like this early on, and the advantage gained is no more than someone else would gain by working on a more powerful engine and replacing an older model with it in order to boost acceleration. Since any team car's combination of ratings in acceleration, cornering and reliability is down to the car's features, it stands to reason that anyone modifying the features of their car in-roleplay modifies the ratings; I merely had the foresight to concentrate my weakness in one place and put them down to something plausible that was still relatively easily alleviated in order to quickly be able to improve those ratings.

As for tyre replacement, the trade off is tyre longevity with low grip and avoiding the pits versus tyre wear increased to the point that the one stop strategy isn't viable. Note how Marika won was on a one stop strategy using the tyres hardness to her advantage.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Aboveland
Ambassador

Postby Aboveland » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:59 pm

I really wasn't expecting anything that happened this weekend, neither the Nexus taking a victory, neither Axel's domination in the first two tests of the weekend, neither Terho's podium after starting 22nd. I wasn't able to write before the race partly due to a lack of time and partly (mostly) because I was feeling really blue, so I thought both my drivers would surely do poorly. I took waaaay too long to write the post for this race, so it better have been guud.

Also, this time around I started with separate narratives for both drivers, as I usually do, yet for when I wrote about the race I merged both of them. It would have been stupidly time-consuming to write different race accounts for both drivers, and while I had started writing it from Terho's point of view it transitioned into a narrative with no clear main character. Just clarifying in case somebody gets confused at why there isn't a bold name at the beginning of it.

Home to Terho Talvela, three-time WGPC World Champion, and one-time WSRC World Champion

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:48 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Thank you! I am thoroughly chuffed.

As for tyre replacement, the trade off is tyre longevity with low grip and avoiding the pits versus tyre wear increased to the point that the one stop strategy isn't viable. Note how Marika won was on a one stop strategy using the tyres hardness to her advantage.

On that note, might I just ask whether you actually are planning to roleplay the post-race podium ceremony and press conference? I'm planning to run a piece for The Bullhorn on the victory (you can imagine that the Nimban sports media is going crazy right now) and would be pleased to have some material from Marika to work with.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:18 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:As for tyre replacement, the trade off is tyre longevity with low grip and avoiding the pits versus tyre wear increased to the point that the one stop strategy isn't viable. Note how Marika won was on a one stop strategy using the tyres hardness to her advantage.

On that note, might I just ask whether you actually are planning to roleplay the post-race podium ceremony and press conference? I'm planning to run a piece for The Bullhorn on the victory (you can imagine that the Nimban sports media is going crazy right now) and would be pleased to have some material from Marika to work with.

I'm thinking of how will I go about it, but tomorrow's a busy day for me. I should have something up on Thursday.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:44 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:On that note, might I just ask whether you actually are planning to roleplay the post-race podium ceremony and press conference? I'm planning to run a piece for The Bullhorn on the victory (you can imagine that the Nimban sports media is going crazy right now) and would be pleased to have some material from Marika to work with.

I'm thinking of how will I go about it, but tomorrow's a busy day for me. I should have something up on Thursday.

That's more than alright; I can wait for two days! You have my thanks.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:38 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:I'm thinking of how will I go about it, but tomorrow's a busy day for me. I should have something up on Thursday.

That's more than alright; I can wait for two days! You have my thanks.

It came early...
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:54 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:That's more than alright; I can wait for two days! You have my thanks.

It came early...

Great! I'll get to work on something soon, then, to round out Nexus Racing's first grand prix.

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:31 pm

Okay, perhaps on Friday, before the practice, I'll post a description of the Guayabalense Grand Prix circuit. I'll try to be as specific as possible in order to bring you all what you need for RPing.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Aboveland
Ambassador

Postby Aboveland » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:31 pm

Hey,

I really want to RP Friday practice, but the power has been out here since yesterday at 9 PM. All I have to access the forums is my phone, and I can't write a large block of text without going insane. If it's worth anything, Terho did a mediocre job in practice because he was trying out different tyre strategies for the race and getting used to a circuit he dislikes due to its sharp, repetitive characteristically street circuit corners. He kinda got the hang of it by the end of the session, and is determined to push hard for qualifying.

Sorry for not being able to do a proper ic post.

WGPC
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby WGPC » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:43 pm

Hello gang.

I'm having some pretty severe connectivity issues tonight, which mean I can't access the online spreadsheet I use to run WGPC. As such, scorination will be delayed until Tuesday evening at the earliest.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Audio.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:56 pm

My word, how many reliability problems can one race have?
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:59 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:My word, how many reliability problems can one race have?

When your five reliability driver crashes out in lap 7...
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

The Redvale
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Redvale » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:08 pm

I feel bad now for getting a win in the one race where I didn't post anything for the entire race weekend
Puppet of Anglatia. An FanT/MT crossover nation ruled by a pantheon of gods and their chosen prophets.
Sporting Achievements: Global Cup of Soccer 2 Champion, NSCF 15 & 16 Mineral Conference champion. Winter Olympic Medals: 4 G, 5 S, 4 B

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:11 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:My word, how many reliability problems can one race have?

Less than 10.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:11 pm

The Redvale wrote:I feel bad now for getting a win in the one race where I didn't post anything for the entire race weekend

Well, you may as well remedy that now! I anticipate some interesting interactions between Maria and Ryker pre-podium, particularly considering the latter's current state of mind (which, by the way, has been slightly alleviated by the third-place finish but is nowhere near cured)...

WGPC
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby WGPC » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:11 pm

This is actually about the normal amount of retirements for one race. You wait til our first wet race...

And no, I've no idea how Cattaneo did that either.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Vilita and Turori wrote:

Less than 10.

Fewer than 10.

Yes, I am indeed that kind of person.

The Redvale
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Redvale » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:14 pm

WGPC wrote:

This is actually about the normal amount of retirements for one race. You wait til our first wet race...

And no, I've no idea how Cattaneo did that either.

Hey, luck evens out I guess and that almost bottom of the table qualifying start earlier was bad luck certainly.

Aboveland
Ambassador

Postby Aboveland » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:21 pm

Luck evens out, eh? MRT is en route to a 1-2 then :(

I make the same mistake every weekend by waiting until after qualifying to write both Friday and Saturday together, when it turns out I run out of time before Sunday. I still should RP more often.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports