NATION

PASSWORD

[SC] Gemini Games II - Cross Rally Championships [FINISHED]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aboveland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Aboveland » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:36 pm

Kalle was completely bewildered during recce. He felt like a five year old whose training wheels had been ripped off on his third day of practice. Sure, he'd won the Abovian Rally Championship once, but that was in an R5 Fox Bullfrog. Suddenly he'd been punted into the international stage, and even though he hadn't been told anything, he knew excellence was expected. He and Lyndt got along very well, so the duo wouldn't be an issue. The simple fact, however, that he'd never driven the car he was about to compete in was already absurd. And while Terho, WGPC and NRC champion, was off to Hodori to compete in some domestic championship, Kalle was stuck in some place far from home, in an alien car, with an alien team.

Kalle opted to take the Hornet on the recce to at least feel the car in the slightest. The driver/co-driver duo was doing pretty well on the stage, and Kalle kind of began to feel the steering and sensitivity of the Hornet before his big day. He wouldn't push too hard at all. All he wanted was to get comfortable first, and then ease into his seat and begin his push. What with his quick learning skills, however, the 19 year old was bound to push hard on the first stage.

Even if it resulted in him beaching the car half way through.
AUTONOMOUS TERRITORIES OF THE ABOVIAN UNION: Nykipiflugpuu

Home to Terho Talvela, three-time WGPC World Champion, and one-time WSRC World Champion

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:34 am

The red and white car burbled and moaned as it spit dirt and small rocks up behind it. The little inline-5 had a lot of kick to it. It had a loud turbo with a big blowback valve. In short, the car was noisy. The turbo hissed as it spooled up. Today the car was limited, but the exhaust was quite liberal in muffling the engine's effort.

Even now as it sped down a mountain corner somewhere around 35-40 km/h, it made plenty of noise. The exhaust roared as the driver crushed the gas pedal and forced the car to accelerate quickly down a short straight, before slamming on the breaks before the next turn.

Behind the wheel was Jessica Franssen. The Vangazi became known racing open-wheel in the domestic T1 league. She's coming off her first season in the World Grand Prix Championships. She made a name for herself, when she only completed the second half of a WGPC season. She had some success, winning 3 of her races and placing in the top 10 in 5 out of 6 races.

She raced for MRT from Mattijana. She tried to stay political and keep a good reputation with the other drivers. In fact, she reached out to a driver from the WGPC, Terho Talvela. Terho had put out a memo stating his interest in finding a rally during the off-season. Jessica faxed Terho the details and he was originally excited to compete, but another event opened up, sponsored by the famous Hodori Motorsport. There were still two capable Abovian drivers in the CRC.

But this wasn't going to be like the WGPC. Jess was a starter in the world of rally. She took a few cars out before joining the WGPC, back when she was looking for a spot. She was looking to go international. Rally was certainly an option, one she studied and one she now found herself competing in.

"It feels like the car is floating compared to the WGPC car", Franssen said before the recon session. She had driven the Astro at Vangaziland in the days leading up to the event. "I think I have a hold on the car though. It's going to be an experience."

To her right in the co-pilot seat, was Dale Everson. He was an amateur racer working his way up to the professional scene. Vannish Motors noticed the guy from an amateur rally video that surfaced on the internet. He had a lot of skills. His videos showcased some drifting, although the Astro was AWD. He also had lots of experience navigating some of Vangaziland's large rally tracks.

Big-wig executives high up in Vannish Motors trusted these two with their Rally car. They were two different people from different spectrums. They seemed to have a good working relationship, at least for now.

The car came up to a wide looping corner. She jammed the wheel hard to the side, trying to get the car sideways. The AWD fought that though and the car just bucked hard into it's turn. The exhaust roared, the car spit out dirt before catching traction. As the car accelerated down the hill, the turbo spooled just a little.

The speed limit was 60 km/h. Jess was going to get to that limit as quickly as possible. Usually, she didn't get that fast. She had chosen to focus her session on Wiley Gambit and the descent, with it's treacherous corners. She was practicing her lines. In the WGPC, hitting a turn's APEX was essential. Here, it was life and death. She tried to take some of these corners as fast as she could, even in this recon session. It was good practice.

The car wasn't being pushed as hard as it sounded though. The car just turned out to be loud, the way it was tuned. Of course, part of this was a marketing tactic by executives at Vannish Motors who made sure their I-5 car was not too quiet. There were talks of VM releasing a 'Rally Edition' model of the Astro they already produce. Success in this tournament and any garnering of a fan-base would help that car's chances of seeing production.

It was in Jessica's hands...
Last edited by Vangaziland on Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

West-East Timor
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West-East Timor » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:15 am

Timo drifted around a corner with no problems. He is a very experienced driver. He has won the West-East Timorian Rallye Championship four times, and the Rallye Janor-Norgrobi five times. He is the best West-East Timorian rallye driver. That's what they always say. The car went good. Timo had never driven it before, but it was a lot like the WTR20, so he could handle it nicely. Now he reached a rather long straight. He hated long straights on this track in the recce. He knew he could go much faster than 60km/h here. He could handle that, and it would be more fun. But, no, the car was limited. He was really looking forward to the actual rallye. But there was an even bigger problem than the limited car: his co-driver.

"Now, Timo, I think this were 900 meters. Shall I note 900 meters?"

"Yes."

"This was a right..um..3 and that's a left 5....300 meters and left 6... Now a long straight again..."

"SHUT UP! I can see that this a long straight! Write your *BEEP* notes in your *BEEP* roadbook if you have to and shut up! Honestly, you can read that notes when we drive the actual rallye, maybe that helps, but you don't have to read now! I mean, what......

......Oh sh*t."

"Now, that was a rock. Noted."

"Errr... I think we should check if something's damaged or so."

"Get into reverse gear and drive away from that rock, then I can check it, yes."

Timo drove backwards and they got out of the car.

"I think there's some liquid coming out of the car.", said Timo.

"Yep. That's cooling water."

"Can you somehow repair that, or so?"

"Yeah, should be no problem. I'm shure we got wrench here?"

"Yes, we have."

"Now, that's it. But the bumper is damaged as well, of course, so you'll have to drive around the corners carefully, or it might fall off."

"Oh, that's going to be boring."

"Yeah, but at least we can make notes of the rest of stage one. It will help you, believe me."

"If you think so..."
If you want to do that, you can call us Omnidirectional Timor as well...

Iryllia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Iryllia » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:52 am

"Ack! Zhis is vonderful country!" Wilhelm beamed as the sunlight filtered through the treetops. "Vhat do you zhink Vilo?" He slapped his co-driver on the shoulder, the smaller man just stared ahead laconically. "It's nice." He said, prompting a laugh from his larger companion. "Haha! Forever a man of few vords eh? Haha! But! Vhat do you zhink of zhe ground, it feels a little damp to me, but it shouldn't affect us too much! Haha!" Alexis just nodded, pouring over the map of the route, taking down notes in his little book. "Do you want to take the car out around it?" Wilhelm grinned and nodded. Clasping his friend around his shoulders, walking together back towards the garage.

"Misha!" Wilhelm boomed from the doorway. "Is zhe car ready yet? I do hope zhe plane ride vasn't too hard on her! Haha!" The wiry mechanic just stared at the big mans outburst, before returning to his computer screen. "Me and sis did all the maintenance when it got in last night, it's good to go if you're taking it out for recce." Wilhelm beamed, patting the roof as he passed by towards the crew trailer. "Excellent! I knew I could count on you! Haha!" The door slammed, bringing a relative peace on the garage. "How long have we known him?" The mechanic asked the small driver. "Too many years." The smaller man replied a slight smile on his lips.

The car roared along the the dirt track, a few birds taking flight from nearby tree's. "Left, three, two-hundred." Wilhelm acknowledged with a nod, slowing and taking the corner at a steady pace. "I like zhe feel of zhis track, much better zhen vhat zhey had at zhe IRC a couple of years-" Alexis cut him off. "Right, seven, three-hundred."
"Ja, vell, remember zhat von? Vith zhe mud und straight rain?" Haha! Zhankfully zhis is not like zhat here."
"Yeah, right, two, one-fifty."
"I zhink zhis von vill be memorable, even if vhe don't vin. Lot's of competition! Haha! I do zhink vhe should make more effort into zhe international scene don't you?"
"Yeah. Left, four, two-hundred."
"Ack. I Remember back in zhe amateur leagues, zhe small tracks, zhe competition! Zhe girls!"
"Stay focused, right, six, three-hundred."
"Ja, ja. Just an old man zhinking of zhe old days."
"You're only forty"
"And you're vhat?"
"Twenty-nine, left, eight, two-fifty"
"Ack! Vell zhen. Vhat do you zhink of zhe track?"
"It's fun. left, two, three-hundred."
"Zhat it?"
"Yeah, do I need say more?"
"Zhe vay you say it makes it sound not very fun."
"Right, two, two-hundred. Do I have to say anything more?"
"Ack! Vell it is of no matter! Haha! Woop!" The car swerved as it came around the latest corner, the back end flailed out and the car wobbled before straightening out again. Alexis swatted the side of Wilhelms helmet with his pace notes. "Focus man." Wilhelm just laughed as they continued on down the course.
Feel free to ask me anything and everything
Notorious Procrastinator

Sovereign Charter
ALERT LEVEL: PROCRASTINATION

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

xRally Results: Rally 1 Stage 1

Postby Enfaru » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:56 am

PRESS RELEASE
The Scribbler

The first stage has come to a close with a series of close results. Competitors have managed to complete the stage mostly without incident and the results have been collated as follows.

Results wrote:
  1. WTR - 04:17:10:12 - 20 Points
  2. FNW - 04:17:14:12 - 15 Points
  3. VMR - 04:17:19:58 - 12 Points
  4. BRR - 04:17:22:32 - 9 Points
  5. RWR - 04:17:22:35 - 7 Points
  6. CMR - 04:17:22:39 - 5 Points
  7. NNC - 04:17:23:37 - 4 Points
  8. PRT - 04:17:24:56 - 3 Points
  9. KRT - 04:17:26:11 - 2 Point
  10. TCR - 04:17:28:47 - 1 Point
  11. AOR - 04:17:31:10 - 1 Point
  12. MSR - 04:17:34:01 - 1 Point

Late Entrants
  13. TTR - 05:02:45:59 - 1 Point
Last edited by Enfaru on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:42 pm

Things were a lost faster than the recon session. This really affected the handling. Along with the loose dirt on parts of the track, it really caused the car to glide, even with AWD. Jessica was prepared for this though. She had driven on the off road practice track used by Vannish Motors to test their off-road vehicles. She had also hit a track in Vangaziland that has been used for rally events in the past.

Jessica tried out a few racing styles before she landed the late WGPC contract. She put in time behind the wheel of a few GT cars at a Vannish racing school. She would have liked to get a contract racing GT1. The only contract available was GT2.

She declined to take the contract, instead waiting for a GT1 opening on a later edition. In the meantime, she would stick with this cross-country rally series. This was not something she'd want to miss. It was an adventure.

The car really yelled and burped as it hit the course at full speed. The turbo would hiss and wine. Sometimes, if the engine was revving, the turbo would release a staccato scream of bursts. Any fans who ignored the warning and made their way along the course to observe would be treated to the sights and sounds of the VMR car.

Dale Everson really earned his keep as a navigator today. The pair fell into a good system, with Dale rapidly calling out turns to keep the car on course. They managed to not get lost. Their time was actually not too bad.

Jessica showed bravery during some of the more intimidating features of Wiley Gambit. It was 472 km to complete stage 1. The car made it through the opening stages with no major damage or breakdowns. It was still early in the series and the car was still in good shape. The VMR Astro wasn't the fastest or most powerful car in the series. It made 245 hp out of it's turbocharged inline-5. It still gave Jessica a good chance at performing.

This time she ended up getting beat by the two hatchbacks of the group. As she drove, it was hard for her to gauge how well she was doing. She was used to the WGPC where you always see your opponents and claw your way through them the entire race. This was different. She knew she was on her lines and was pushing the car, but she had nothing to compare that too.

Late that night, after all the racers were done, she found out she placed third. Jennifer Vatt, the media liaison set up an interview session with Jessica to be sent to all the Vannish news networks where they would have clips to show.

"How do you feel about finishing third in your first rally event?" This was one of the first questions Vatt asked Franssen.

Jess replied, "It's not a bad start. We'll take the 12 points. It's still early in the series and anything can happen."

"How did this race affect you compared to WGPC events?"

"It's really draining. There is so much to keep track of, so much to take in. Not to mention, those hazards really stress your brain. It's downright scary, facing some of those drop-offs at speed. But you get used to it. It's still a lot of stress."

"Are you excited to see where this season takes you?"

"At this point, anything is possible. I'm glad to be working with Vannish Motors. They set up a good machine. Now it's up to me not to muck this up. Dale is great at this rally stuff and I feel good he'll keep us on track. Now we just have to grind out these points."

The interview went on for a few minutes. Dale was interviewed as well. The videos would be put on the team's website for fans to watch. Video from inside the car's dash-cam would also be posted, so fans could watch Jess race.

The team seemed in good spirits after Stage 1. They looked forward to the next leg of the race.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

West-East Timor
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby West-East Timor » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:57 am

Before the rally the team was preparing the car for its first rally, and Timo was preparing himself for his first international rallye. Finally he could go faster than 60 km/h. He went to the start and had a look at the crowd of fans who had come. There were many West-East Timorian flags as well. So many people had travelled the long way from West-East Timor to Oceanion, just to see him racing. He knew he couldn't dissapoint them.

When he went back to the garage, Uwe told him that the car was ready. All he had to do now was to wait until its time for him to start. When it was, he and Max got in the car and he drove to the start. As the WETtech engine wasn't the loudest, he could hear the West-East Timorian fans cheering.

"Max?"

"What?"

"Please, don't read everything you've written in your roadbook. Only the difficult corners, and only the length of long straights which are so long that I can't see their end."

"Understood."

The race went good, they had no bad incident and Timo wasn't too annoyed by his co-driver.He managed to stay concentrated over the full distance of 472 km, and even had fun driving faster than 60 km/h at the long straights, which were so annoying in the recce. He had few problems at the difficult parts of the stage, but nothing an experienced driver like him couldn't handle.

When they had finished, they had a look at the results board. At the moment they were first, but there were many other competitors who hadn't finished yet. One after the other couldn't beat their time. With only two concurrents left to finish, they already knew they were at least third.
When another one wasn't able to beat their time, they already cheered, but when the last time was set, and they still were first... It was unbelievable! They could hear all the West-East Timorian fans. Timo realized he was the first West-East Timorian racing driver ever to win an international motorsport event. The first racing driver to win an international motorsport event from a country whose national sport is motorsport. That was fantastic!

There were a lot of interviewes who wanted to interview him. Usually, Timo doesn't like interviews, but he knew this was special. He knew that people in West-East Timor were that euphoric, he simply had to speak in TV. All those motorsport enthusiasts in his country have been waiting for this moment for such a long time. They've been waiting for the moment when a West-East Timorian driver won an international race, and now, this moment had come. So he went out to talk to the interviewers.

"Timo! Congratulations to your victory! That's great, we still can't really believe it! You are the first West-East Timorian racing driver ever to win an international race! How does that feel?"

"It feels fantastic! I feel exactly like you, I simply can't believe it, but it's true! I've won. I've won the first stage! That's just...sorry, I...I simply have no words to describe it."

"The first international race a West-East Timorian participates in, and he wins it! Some people already speak from a new era, a golden West-East Timorian era in motorsport. How do you think about that? Can you win more races?"

"First, those people exagerate. Shure, what we've done today is really fantastic, but I think that's really exagerated. I mean, we have won one stage, there are still two stages in the first rallye left, and it are fourteen rallies in total. We haven't even won one championship, just one stage of one rallye. I think we can keep that, but we'll have to work hard for it. The Abovelandians and the Vangazi are very strong as well, and I'm shure they'll be able to win some stages as well, so it won't be that easy to win the championship, but it is possible. But, we'll have to see how the things evolve, you can't tell about the actual power of a team after just one stage."

"Thank you, and good luck next stage."
Last edited by West-East Timor on Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Cheongji
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheongji » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:06 am

CHEONGJI MOTORS FINISHES BELOW TOP 5 RANKINGS IN FIRST STAGE

Empire of Cheongji, in its first competition in racing sports, has finished in sixth place in the first stage of the tournament. The nation had the chance to finish within Top 5; however, it fell short of finishing by 0.4 miliseconds against Red Wyvern Racing.

Driver, Ma Jeong Yong, had to say the following: "We fought hard, we never took our foot off the pedal of effort, and we are satisfied with our attitude towards this tournament. Hopefully, we produce better results in the second stage."

West-East Timor
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby West-East Timor » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:55 am

Omnidirectional News

Interview with Timo Beniani and Maximilian Malkanova

Timo Beniani and Maximilian Malkanova are some kind of national heroes after winning the first stage of the Douglas Oceanion Rallye, part of the Gemini Games II Cross Rallye Championship, the first international motorsport event ever a West-East Timorian team (WETtech Racing) is participating in. After their victory in the first stage of the first rallye, the country is more euphoric than ever before. So, we flew to Oceanion and asked them for an interview.

Q: "It should have been enough time now to actually realize your victory, to realize what it did in West-East Timor, to think about it. How do you feel and what do you think about it now?"

Timo: "It still feels amazing, of course, but I think it was not enough time yet to realize it, and the next stage will start very soon, I guess, so we should concentrate on the rallye now, I'm shure you want us to win the championship. But of course it is great to be the first West-East Timorian racing driver to win an international motorsport event ever."

Q: "Maximilian, how do you feel about it? Timo is mentioned very often since you two have won, but it seems like everybody's forgetting you."

Maximilian: "It would sound arrogant to say it's not fair, wouldn't it? But to be honest, without me he would stand without cooling water in front of a stone right now, so...

Timo: "No, Max, don't tell lies to these journalists. Remember, without you I wouldn't have crashed against that rock. I wouldn't have crashed against that rock without him. It was because he was so annoying."

Maximilian: "I had to ask him what I shall note in the roadbook, if he thinks it are 700 meters and I note 900 meters that can..."

Timo: "I could have won without you as well. I don't need some numbers to know how to drive!"

Maximilian: "Of course you need them, you..."

Q: "I think we should go to the next question now. Do you think you can win the championship?"

Timo: "Yes, I think we can. It won't be easy, bit yes, it is possible. My team WETtech has built a briliant car with the WTR30. But Vannish Motors and Fox Nortec Racing are strong too. I think it will be a close fight between us and these two teams, but it will be a fight we can win, if we give our best. And we will give our best, am I right, Max?"

Maximilian: "Yes, we will give our best. By the way, I think a WETmotors car would have been a better choise."

Timo: "No, it wouldn't."

And that was our interview with them. The second stage of the rallye will be aired live on six channels. So you can choose which one you like most.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:17 pm

News hit Vangaziland that fans were flocking to the site of the Cross Rally Championships. A warning had been advised, but once some people heard others were ignoring them, they decided to ignore them too. These weren't the average racing fans. These were some of Vangaziland's more extreme and hardy individuals. They would bring a lot of enthusiasm.

A lot of them were big Jess Franssen fans, mostly from her time in T1. Of course her popularity ballooned after her WGPC success. Some of these fans saw at least one of her WGPC races. A few of them missed their chance to see her in the WGPC so were coming to see her in rally.

The more extreme fans would hike out to some of the remote viewpoints of the course. It wouldn't be easy. Maps and GPS might come into effect. In some places, they would have to coordinate with local landowners. Some would have to pay and they were okay with this. The Vangazi were smart enough not to trespass in a foreign country. A few race fan clubs were organizing trips, ensuring everything was regulated and that locals were being compensated.

Everything was on the up and up, all legitimate. The race clubs stressed good behavior, although they would draw a rowdy bunch. As loud as they may be, the Vangazi would respect the environment and the locals. If anything, the Vangazi would be a tourist market dropped into the hands of some remote areas. Through social media and word of mouth, the best businesses would quickly gain a lot of attention. This was especially true with food, as a good meal was hard to find.

Of course, the Vangazi would have to bring plenty of trail food and freeze dried meals if they were going out to some of the more remote viewpoints. It was part of the adventure. The Vannish fans might be outnumbered, but they would be just as loud and enthusiastic.

Jessica Franssen was no average driver. She was a rally rookie, but she was known internationally. She earned the respect of the WGPC, which was no easy task. She was asked how she felt about next WGPC season.

"Racing is really streaky", she said. "I could easily go on a 6 race cold streak next season. The best thing to do is go race by race. I don't expect anything but a fight."

Jess was asked how she felt about the Cross Rally Championships.

"There are some spirited drivers here. We did well to get third last stage. It's not going to be easy. The most daunting road I ever drove lies ahead of me. The other drivers aren't going to help. But if I focus on my lines and push, maybe I can make a name in rally as well."

Franssen was also asked about her choice of rally versus GT2.

"I couldn't turn down the adventure of this rally. I'm going to see a lot of this country. It's really different than the WGPC or T1. I've always liked the outdoors. And this is a challenge."

A famous Vangazi was coming to watch the next two stages of the rally. Hectare Yulssen is Franssen's boyfriend, known for being the starting point guard of the Vangaziland Royals. They are the nation's most famous couple at the moment. Yulssen arraigned a local family to guide him and his group. They would be working in coordination with the organizing race clubs. Yulssen would even make himself available for a dinner and autograph signing with his fans one day before the next stage.

The rally would be broadcast throughout the Empire in Vangaziland, Wrexwic and even the Svennish Isles. A few stages would even be shown on national TV, for those who didn't have cable.

Franssen and her sponsor, Van-Bands were glad to capitalize on the nation's fascination with the racer. The groups gave a percentage of their organized ticket sales to Vannish Motors Racing, where it would help pay for repairs and fuel.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feudal Capitalist Gulch
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feudal Capitalist Gulch » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:23 pm

Trolltrak Racing

Make: Trolltrak GmbH 
Model: TCHS, Trolltrak compact, hybrid sedan
Engine: 3 cylinder triangular opposed piston turbocharged turbo-compound 6 cycle diesel hybrid
Power @ RPM: 281bhp @ 3000 rpm
0-60 time: 3 sec. (Est.)
Top Speed: 95 mph (Limited by computer)
Team Members & Details:
(Driver) Almut Volny
(Co-Driver)Dunya Ceallach
(Mechanic/gunner 1)Hildegunde Dworzak
(Mechanic/gunner 2)Nadeja Siosalach
(Back-up driver/admin) Biserka Reszke

Triangular opposed piston layout

Turbo-compound engines take power out of turbine as part of output, as opposed to turbocharged engines that drive supercharger with turbine. Engines can combine both making the most out of exhaust energy.

6 cycle engines like one in this entry have normal intake/compression/power/exhaust strokes, but add an additional steam power and exhaust cycle. Energy normally wasted in heating radiator is put to work evaporating steam to drive the three crankshafts. Water is condensed from exhaust cycle to supplement that carried for injection.

Turbo-compound drives generator that when combined with regenerative braking charges battery pack for wheel motors driving tracks in parallel with main drive train as needed.

Three vertical Crankshafts are kept timed by top mounted chain also driving accessories. Bottom of each crankshaft has a separate clutch geared to central planetary gearset. So, regardless of what clutch is engaged 2/3 of engine output is transferred by heavy timing chain to crankshaft with clutch engaged. This results in 6 forward speeds and 3 reverse speeds. Correct clutch is engaged based on speed/load tables in software, similar to clutch packs engaged by normal computer controlled automatic transmission, clutch pedal disengages current clutch. Steering wheel is replaced by two differential power demand levers at drivers sides.

Equipped with two remote weapon mounts operated from mechanics seats. With possibility of land kraken attack the team doesn't wish to go unarmed. The assurances there is no such thing as land kraken didn't convince the crew, besides thermobaric grenades could be used to clear obstructions in roadway aswell.

Unique features of this complex vehicle limit top speed while providing exceptional acceleration.
While running at a fraction of SFC of normal engine, complexity requires increased attention, solution is provided having mechanics of team in vehicle and monitor engine during race. Rules of rally don't allow them to work on car, but they can yell at driver about to use wrong tool and give orders to drivers about needed repairs. Repairs are further aided by exoskeletons worn by crew assisting in lifting heavy parts.

"We finished stage...why is nobody here?", Almut Volny said while still confused.
"What day is it..." ased Dunya
"Wrong day for this stage! I told you we were supposed to be here yesterday!", screamed Nadeja.
"Not to make things worse but, that sign says start."
Everyone but Almut nearly cracks head of of rollcage as car accelerates in reverse.
"What the #$%# are you doing?" Nadeja yelled loader then earlier scream.
"We still have to finish stage right way and don't need to rush or save fuel, so top gear won't be needed" Almut replied calmly as though everything is fine.
"We are not going whole way in reverse" stated Dunya
".....Why not?", Almut replied still confused.

Several hours later at Finish line of stage
"Umm, hate to break it to you but, I'll be co-driver for next stage." stated Biserka
"Why, what did Dunya do wrong?" asked Almut.
"Nothing", Biserka
"I don't understand.", Almut
"Dunya will be driving next stage while you explain to company how you drove stage in wrong direction on wrong day and thought driving backwards would help somehow."
"oh, that, hehe, opps", replied soon to be fired Almut Volny

Iryllia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Iryllia » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:26 am

"Ack! Vhe could have done better zhere..." Wilhelm shook his head, patting his co-driver on the shoulder. "You mean you could have done better huh?" Bolkov muttered, looking at the scores. "Close though. Five metres more and we would probably have cinched fourth!"
"Alas, zhat is not zhe case!"
"No, but next stage. Everything good with the car?"
"Ja, zhough it is a little vild through zhe corners."
"Right, I'll get on Haley's case about it. Vilo, Hannah has the pace notes for the next stage for you." The smaller man nodded. "Good, lets get the next stage done then." The men nodded, turning back to their respective stations.
Notorious Procrastinator

Sovereign Charter

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

The Day Before...

Postby Enfaru » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:23 pm

With the second stage of the first rally under way, the spectators had not been disheartened even as the rapidly approaching storm front began to descend across the plains driven down from over the mountains. Many were stood out, in the wind and rain, watching from high positions as one car after another raced through the winding trail and the small villages. The PA system tried as best it could to be heard over the rain but often it was no use and many had resorted to simply using megaphones wherever they could to pass on the results of the times as they were known even though that these were just the preliminary practice full speed runs.

Such was the excitement that as each time came in there was a loud cheer that roared across the entire plains. Though what had the most attention were the numerous refreshment bars and tunnel tents that had been dotted around for the purposes of the observers to keep them warm and dry. Of particular note was a hot spicy pasta dish that came from the ethnic Prahjuli, of a long since abandoned nation over the seas. The dish proved extremely popular even now as it served to keep the spectators warm and excited, that and home made Oceani Ale from the villages themselves who were only too happy to see customers from all over the world.
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
4th President and,

Feudal Capitalist Gulch
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Feudal Capitalist Gulch » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:39 am

"Great weather, our tracks will give us advantage in the mud over the wheeled cars, and a great reason to loop Garbage's excellent song "Only Happy when it Rains". Dunya Ceallach excitedly states while digging out cd.

"But it is pitch black. We are likely to be eaten by a grue." a worried Nadeja Siosalach mumbled.

"If you see a grue kill it with the turrets, just don't waste ammo on raccoon and possums you think could be a grue. The woodland critters are cute and fluffy so they get to live. Except Squirrels, they plot to kill children in their spare time." ordered Biserka.

Dworzak went to check tool box in bag mumbling to self "why is everybody nuts?"

"I ask same thing" Almut says while poking head out from under tarp, drunk on ale and face covered with spicy pasta she had passed out in.

Noticing Almut was hand cuffed to roll cage, she went back to here tent, giving up on making sense of teammates.

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

xRally Results: Rally 1 Stage 2

Postby Enfaru » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:01 am

Live Coverage
The Scribbler

"Welcome to The Scribbler live broadcast at seven o'clock this evening," A man short, short brown hair and wearing a suit and tie that was common amongst his profession as a journalist. he wore the Scribbler badge as well as a press badge that gave him access to the entire site. As the jingle played a short interlude him a few moments for any last touch ups and to make sure the rest of the equipment was in order and then, once again he was live on air, standing just inside of a marquee outside of the pouring rain that had dominated much of this rally if not the spectators hearts.

"My name is Sarn Kabethra and I am delighted to be able to bring you the results as they are being announced by the organizers after much deliberation. We can safely say that this has been a race of two halves with some clear distinctions between those that could handle the weather and those who have made some unlucky choices today. As viewers at home might have heard, we have had a few close shaves. Both the Kāchia Rally Team and the National Automotive Race League of Champions team came off the track at the challenging West Turn." On screen dramatic footage of the two cars both taking the corner slightly to tight, both clipping a puddle sending their car off into the field opposite. There was no immediate damage to both cars and both were able to get away after a few moments of wheel spinning, "The rainfall hasn't however hindered all of our competitors today, three competitors have managed to come out leaps and bounds ahead of the rest through careful tyre swaps and meticulous planning and displayed some spectacular driving today, making full use of the down hill terrain."

That was when he was finally given a sheet, there were a few surprises to him as he raised an eye brow but nothing he couldn't handle as he held up the microphone to his mouth once again, "There has been a slight change in formatting but I have been told all results stand. Here we have it then in ascending order."

13. Kāchia Rally Team (KRT) - 04:18:07.87 - 1 Point
12. NOE National Automotive Race League of Champions - 04:18:07:58 - 1 Point
11. Tobiasia City Racing - 04:18:05.20 - 1 Point
10. All-Oceanion Rally Team - 04:18:04.99 - 1 Point
9. Myraxian State Rally (MSR) - 04:18:02.43 - 2 Points
8. Fox Nortec WRT - 04:18:00.09 - 3 Points
7. Trolltrak Racing - 04:17:56:85 - 4 Points
6. Petrovijanka RT - 04:17:56.03 - 5 Points
5. Blue-Red Racing - 04:17:56.01 - 7 Points
4. WETtech Racing - 04:17:56.00 - 9 Points
3. Cheongji Motors Racing (CMR) - 04:17:55.98 - 12 Points
2. Red Wyvern Rally (RWR) - 04:17:46.91 - 15 Points
1. Vannish Motors Racing (VMR) - 04:17:46.84 - 20 Points

The surprise here was WETtech Racing, having secured first place in the first stage they were expected to finish within the top three for the second stage but unfortunately luck did not appear to be on their side this time around. Still, they were still able to claw this back having shown great consistency and vehicle handling that many of the other teams seemed to lack completely. The journalist went on to discuss the Myraxian State Rally team's shocking 9th position, a great improvement and also on Trolltrak Racing's late entrance that had caused some controversy amongst the drivers.
Last edited by Enfaru on Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Game Master
4th President and,

Feudal Capitalist Gulch
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Feudal Capitalist Gulch » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:33 pm

"Sweet, tied for second in Gemini rankings!" Dworzak yelled.

"And no grue yet...", a drunken Almut mumbled worrying it might change.

"Why is Almut chained to back of our car?" Biserka asked.

Nadeja answered, "Grue warning station, being darkest side of vehicle that is were the grue will attack. Almut's screams as she is eaten will inform the rest of us."

Almut perks up, "oh, that is better, I thought the grue were dangerous"

"You misunderstood that very badly, Almut, not that kind of eat...or scream...Besides there are no grue, they are a myth." Biserka continues,"Nadeja, we would have come in even better if hadn't blown up the tree in our path thinking you saw a grue."

"That tree had a squirrel in it, not a grue. I probably saved some poor Oceani child from being roasted in acorn broth inside that tree." Nadeja replied with chest puffed out in pride.

Biserka facepalms and says,"Then at least blow the evil nut hoarding ones up after we pass, so we don't have to slow down..."

"Oh, Yeah, Great idea...the fireball behind us will also scare following grue...two birds with one stone...ur, grenade....",Nadeja seems to like this way to much.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:21 pm

The plucky inline 5 cylinder engine and compact AWD chassis proved to have just as much heart as Jessica Franssen. The car pushed through the plains in the first leg of the race. The race started through a series of old country roads. Jessica made good time in this early stretch. She had conquered her fears of the rain a few months ago, racing in the WGPC.

Jess had a habit of slowing down in the rain, and not pushing. After qualifying 23rd of 25 drivers because of hesitation in the rain weeks ago, she changed her strategy. By the end of her shortened WGPC season, she had even won in the rain.

"It's going to affect the way the car handles and it'll affect your lines", Jess said in an earlier interview, talking about racing in general. "You have to understand that and use it though."

She looked comfortable in it, pushing through some of the backroad stretches. The course passed through a small hamlet. It looked scenic to the Vangazi as they sped past the crowds. A good deal of the Vannish fans gathered throughout the town, along the course. A car club had organized tours here with the locals and gathered whatever licenses they needed to make this trip happen. This was where Jess would actually hear the roaring cheer even over her engine as hundreds of fans shouted in excitement.

It wasn't quite as loud as the WGPC cheers she'd heard in the past. But it was a buzz in and of itself. Jess never knew where she was placing among the other drivers while driving. All she could do was listen to Everson's notes and take each curve. Her skills came in being able to size up each turn. She knew how the car would react if she sent it along a certain angle.

Her mechanic team also came into play, working together well and making the stop speedy and efficient. Vannish Motors hired two talented mechanics with experience in the Vannish T1 open-wheel racing league. Of course, a lot also came down to luck as the car avoided any major problems. The machine was fairly new and had little wear and tear.

The Vannish race fans had started to appreciate the spicy pasta dishes that they had heard about. Vannish food is also spicy. They would try a little of all the local foods. If there were shops, many of the Vangazi would probably visit them. They would also enjoy the quaint nature of the hamlet.

Some fans had made their way to the end of the course. This was a more remote area, along the precipice. After she pulled in and heard her time, she knew it was fast. It would still be some time until the final numbers would be released, so she waited anxiously.

After the final times were announced, media liason Jennifer Vatt set up a camera on a tripod and interviewed Franssen. A few questions were asked about how Jess felt about rally so far.

"It's very different", Jess said. "So far I feel like I'm adjusting well. But it's still early in this season. There are a lot of good teams. I ranked first today, but the times were so close. Anything can happen from this point out."

The Vannish Motors Racing Astro was outfitted with cameras. All of this footage would be edited into broadcast material, including the post race interview. There were two in car cameras. One watched the road, the other watched Jessica. There were also cameras on the outside of the car to get views from the roof and the side.

The mechanics had a camera watching them as well. It was all being financed by Vannish Motors.

Jessica had been lucky so far to do well despite all the pressure. The car was holding up. The mechanics would go over the car throughout the night and make any minor repairs needed. The crowds would prepare to travel to the next leg of the race.

Some of the footage would be edited into a commercial for the Astro, which was currently only being sold in Vangaziland.

The team would hope to hold out for one more good finish to seize the first series.

Aboveland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Aboveland » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:57 pm

(OOC: attempting a second person narrative, expect this to last little)

You damn the power steering in the Hornet, or lack thereof. You damn your foolish decision to push harder on the stage. In the midst of all the damning Lyndt's words become a buzz in both of your ears. Your forearms ache as you trudge through the stage, feeling every hole, rock and rut surge through your bones. You can only hope the stage will end soon.

Stage 1 had gone so well! You kept a steady pace and managed second. What made you consider pushing harder? Was it boredom? It might have been. Still, what were you thinking? Now, you've screwed yourself, the car, and the team. Shit. You hope there's some source of water along the liaison section so you can make a quick repair to the power steering thing. Hopefully service isn't to far either.

Whatever.

Just focus on the road. If you can get the car repaired well enough for next stage you have it in the bag, right?

Right?

Tell yourself it's right. Just do it.
AUTONOMOUS TERRITORIES OF THE ABOVIAN UNION: Nykipiflugpuu

Home to Terho Talvela, three-time WGPC World Champion, and one-time WSRC World Champion

Iryllia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Iryllia » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:05 am

The car raced past the finishing checkpoint, inside Wilhelm laughed his booming laugh, beaming at his co-driver. "Haha! Did you zee zhat! Zecond place! Vhe're in zhe running for it now! Ahaha!" Vilo just smiled weakly, "Five more seconds, I reckon we could have had the Vanish Motors car." He shook his head, "Shit that second to last turn was probably what did it."
"Ah yes, I vas a little over zelous zhere vasn't I! But zhe crowds loved it! Did you here zhem cheering? Haha!" Vilo just smiled at this, "If we can keep this up I reckon we'll do just fine." He checked at the shock-cased tablet stuck onto his side of the dashboard, "Ah, we've just got the times in. VMR got Oh-four, seventeen, fourty-six point eight four. We got point nine one."
"ha! Very vell done to zhem!"
"Indeed, our... nearest competitor in the Gemini league was... TrollTrack... in seventh. A good ten seconds behind us."
"Haha! Just like zhe IRC three years ago!"
"Just without the weird track thing."
"Ja, anyvays, zhey have updated zhe scores?"
"We're on... twenty two. Third in the xRalley league, first by a long way in the Gemini league." He chuckled, "I think we can do this man." Wilhelm laughed, slewing the car around the next bend.
Notorious Procrastinator

Sovereign Charter

Northern Ohio Empire
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Ohio Empire » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:36 pm

After the first two legs of the race, Marc Andrews decided to break his team's streak of silence, and the typical soft-spoken nature of his people.
He stood in front of the main area to share what he wanted to say.
"This is something that I need to say, after barely missing last place in the second leg, I am deciding to give more access to the set up, none of my team partners desired to share, so they will not participate, but I am tired of having to be separate from the rest of the race.

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:54 pm

Live Coverage
The Scribbler

The third stage of the rally has finally been overcome, with much less rain than had been expected with the storm heading further south than forecast. The previous stage a relatively level route with some great challenges had been a bit of a dismal affair thanks to the rain, but that all changed as the storm broke. The third and final stage lay ahead of our competitors and it was a foreboding steep down hill course through the mountains, spectacularly crossing a series of water falls that had formed thanks to the recent downpour. The track was already the longest and most difficult of the three stages, narrow passes, hairpin corners, surprise down hill crests that threatened to launch any driver not paying attention, loose rocky straights straight out of fast corners...but all of these problems were compounded. The course was sodden through and through leaving puddles and streams across various parts of the course.

This was not a course to be messed with and was aptly named after the mountain range in which it occupied. The "Diablos Fast Track". The main and unfortunate accident of this rally was Cheongji Motors Racing. A critical mistake has lead the death of a member of their team and the loss of their vehicle having left the designated course unexpectedly. Medical teams were on site within just a few minutes including the mountain rescue team and it was hours before any news was given though the all clear to continue was given by the local police and event organizers hours later. The Gemini Games have always adhered to the strongest safety regulations and an official statement has been released.

"We regret now, the second death in as many Gemini Games, we will be conducting a thorough investigation into the matter to find out what, if anything we could have done, short of not running the games at all. All participants recognize that these games are set at a very high level that is both challenging and awe inspiring and it is is for this that many participants have chosen to come to our Rally.

The loss to one of our competing teams has affected us greatly and our condolences go to both their colleagues and friends and family back in Cheongji. We would like to thank the emergency services for responding as quickly as they did and for the swiftness of the Oceanion police force with their assessment and investigation of the area.

While this is a loss that we regret bitterly, we will continue to run the xRally in their memory."

This dramatic event has poured a sour note on the results that have seen a series of dramatic changes.

13. Cheongji Motors Racing (CMR) - RETIRED - 1 Point
12. Tobiasia City Racing - 7:31:55.58 - 1 Point
11. Kāchia Rally Team (KRT) - 7:31:55.57 - 1 Point
10. NOE National Automotive Race League of Champions - 7:31:53.98 - 1 Point
9. Myraxian State Rally (MSR) - 7:31:50.07 - 2 Points
8. Petrovijanka RT - 7:31:46.92 - 3 Points
7. All-Oceanion Rally Team - 7:31:44.87 - 4 Point
6. WETtech Racing - 7:31:44.17 - 5 Points
5. Blue-Red Racing - 7:31:43.84 - 7 Points
4. Fox Nortec WRT - 7:31:42.87 - 9 Points
3. Vannish Motors Racing (VMR) - 7:31:41.12 - 12 Points
2. Red Wyvern Rally (RWR) - 7:31:39.48 - 15 Points
1. Trolltrak Racing - 7:31:36.97 - 20 Points

This also concludes the first rally and therefore, by points the victor of the First Rally is: Vannish Motors Racing with a magnificent lead of 44 points.

13. Tobiasia City Racing - 3 Points
12. Kāchia Rally Team (KRT) - 4 Points
11. Myraxian State Rally (MSR) - 5 Points
10. All-Oceanion Rally Team- 6 Points
9. NOE National Automotive Race League of Champions - 6 Points
8. Petrovijanka RT - 11 Points
7. Cheongji Motors Racing (CMR) - 18 Points
6. Blue-Red Racing - 23 Points
5. Trolltrak Racing - 25 Points
4. Fox Nortec WRT - 27 Points
3. WETtech Racing - 34 Points
2. Red Wyvern Rally (RWR) - 37 Points
1. Vannish Motors Racing (VMR) - 44 Points

Please wait for further announcements regarding the next Rally.

OOC:
    There will be a short interlude, this will be an excellent time to socialize with your fellow drivers at the local pub and discuss driving tips or mourn the loss of one of Cheongji's own (whomever that might be).

Cheongji is not expelled from the competition, we invite them to update their app with a new car and a new team-member and any other changes they wish to make.
Last edited by Enfaru on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Game Master
4th President and,

West-East Timor
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby West-East Timor » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:10 am

Before the third stage, the pressure on the team was enormous. If they won't do well now, the West-East Timorian motorsport enthusiasts will knida hate them. Timo knew many kinds of tracks but there aren't many steep downhill courses through mountains in West-East Timor. There are some, but not many. And he knew that they can be dangerous.

"So, ok", Timo said, "I think we should be a bit more careful here. This course looks like the one in Weshaka. And that's a really tough one. I know three people died there. Don't know how it is here. I'm not afraid of the course but I respect it. Max, for once, I'll be happy if you read your notes."

"Yay, I can read my notes..."

"I'm not afraid, I respect it. I know, people won't like us if we're doing bad again, but a few points are not worth my life. So I'll give my best, while not driving dangerously. I know that can slow us down, but then we can at least drive the other rallies for shure."

It was time to start for them. Timo and Max got into the car and drove to the start line. During the stage, Max read all his notes and Timo actually listened to them. When there was a dangerous corner, Timo didn't take it as fast as he could. And you could see that in the results.

After their stage was finished, Timo and Max had a look at the times.

"Three teams are already faster than us. I'm so sorry. I could have done better, I guess, but...yeah. I didn't. But hey, there are still thirteen rallies to go, so nothing is lost yet."

"Oh no. This doesn't look good.", said Uwe, pointing at a TV screen.

"Oh shit!", said Timo, "That's the Cheongji Motors car, isn't it?"

"Looks like it."

A replay of the accident was shown on the TV. Although Timo knew this from other rallies he competited in, he was shocked.

"No way. This...they...they can't have survived this. This looks really bad.", Timo said.

"They're continueing the rallye.", Max said.

After the last car had finished, they knew they were 6th.

"Not a good result for us, eh?", said Timo.

"No, not really." answered Max.

"But the most important thing is how the Cheongji team members are. Have we got any information yet?", Timo asked.

"Yes, there is something now.", answered Uwe, "One of their team members is dead."

"Oh no.", said Timo, "I knew this stage was dangerous. I don't really care about our sixth place at the moment, because I think it doesn't really count now. Shure it counts in the points, but...yeah, the thing with Cheongji is..."

There were some journalists out there, and Timo decided to speak to them.

"Ok, first", Timo said, "my condolences for Cheongji Motors, for the other team members, family, friends and fans of the dead team member. It's always a said day for me when somebody dies in motorsport, but we can't prevent everything. Some things simply happen. But it is sad. It's always sad, it happend a few time in West-East Timorian rallies I've driven in too. It is always shocking. It's just sad and...yeah... I don't anything I can still say about that."

"Ok, so, your result. You've just finished sixth, that's a really bad result..."

"Hey, haven't I told you we can't always win? This was the first rallye out of fourteen, a lot can happen in thirteen rallies. We're only ten points behin Vannish Motors, and we get twenty points for a win. So, everything is still possible. We can still win this. Everyone can still win this. Well, except the dead Cheongji team member... And because of that, I have to say I don't really care about our result now. It's not really important for me at the moment."
Last edited by West-East Timor on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:52 am

Once again, Jessica and the Vannish Motors Astro had a solid performance on the course. She followed her lines as best as she could, although it was so much harder to do here than in the WGPC. Jess made sure to play it safe and took most turns conservatively. It was all about keeping pace. If she would have pushed things a little harder, she probably could have run a faster time.

But this was a serious course. One mistake was the difference between life and death. Franssen felt like she had good control of the car, but she wouldn't take anything for granted. She kept on her toes during the entire descent down the course.

Everson also had a good set of notes. He really had been pulling his weight as a navigator. Everything was coming together for the Vangazi. Their car was holding up, despite all the wear. The mechanics had been going over the machine. It took a little maintenance to keep the car running so smoothly. But it was a brand new car, or at least it used to be with a 3 stage rally under its belt.

Franssen put up a time that was 5 seconds behind the leader. She placed third. All the cars placed fairly close despite the long and challenging course. It showed most cars had similar pit stops so far.

But the race was overshadowed. Jess had heard rumors that someone from Cheongji had died. It wasn't certain at this point. Someone had been airlifted to the hospital. Someone from Cheongji would have to release a statement. Only they knew what was going on with their crew. Everything else was hearsay.

Jess said a small prayer for the driver, hoping that whatever jinx caused the accident would be undone and that he would recover.

She shared sympathy and good wishes before her post race interview for the Cheongji crew. She looked visibly shaken.

However Jen Vatt still asked her about her race as well. Vannish race fans needed her analysis.

"The goal was to keep the momentum up", Franssen said after the race. "I did less drifting with some of these corners, the narrow roads and close rocky outcrops. The idea is not to wreck. But I can't slow down too much. You can see how close the times are. Everything is down to the second."

Franssen spoke on her success early in the rally season and in the WGPC.

"This has been such a hot streak. It's been a journey. I'm just glad things have transitioned from the WGPC to cross country rally so well. I'm glad to have won a stage and a rally."

Vatt asked Jess what her key to success was.

"Patience and consistency", she replied. "Sometimes you just want to take your foot off the gas or stretch for a bit. But you have to stay dialed in. You can't give up."

After the interview session, Jess left back to her trailer. She had some time before the next event. She'd shower and get ready for a night out, even as tired as she was. She heard good things about a local pub in town. Jess threw on some jeans and called a cab to take her to the local bar.

The taxi felt like it was going 5 MPH to the racecar driver. But soon, they were in town and outside a quaint pub. Jess walked in quietly and sat at the bar. She ordered a Manhattan drink and looked around to see if she recognized anyone.

A Vangazi race fan immediately showed up and offered to by Jess a drink.

"No, but thanks! I don't want you to waste your money on me." She laughed. The man understood. Jess was wealthy enough to buy her own drinks. Jess was famous in Vangaziland, but her father was a legend in the 1970s. He passed on his earnings along with his legacy. So far, she had done her father proud, making a serious name for herself in international competition.

The deal with Vannish Motors was quite lucrative for her. As a signing bonus, Vannish Motors gave her one of their $753,000 GT-10 VE sportscars. This was a tax write off as well as a marketing move for the company.

Jess signed an autograph for the man as her drink arrived. He sat near her and asked her questions about the race. She seemed pleasant enough, conversing with the man and not seeming bothered. He asked how she felt her chances were to win the whole thing.

"It's still early in the season", she told him. "But I'm happy with what I've done so far. I just hope my luck doesn't switch up. I honestly fear I'm due for a cold streak. The question is when."

Jess took a drink from her cocktail.

"But I'm a Vangazi. You know we don't give up."
Last edited by Vangaziland on Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Ohio Empire
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Ohio Empire » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:27 am

Marc walked into a local pub, ordering something from the menu, his mind on something else.
He absentmindedly gnawed of some complementary fries.
His mind raced through different ways he could have improved his driving and gotten a better score, his teammates back at their current "base" for lack of better words, and how it had been revealed to him that his wife and son has been critically injured in a car accident back home.
A look of despair slowly spread across his face as he sat at the bar.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:38 pm

Things were starting to pick up at the bar. More people began to trickle in through the large oak door that stood as an ornate entryway into the place. It seemed like a normally quiet place, tucked inside of a small town. The race fans were starting to converge here now though.

Jessica had moved to a table full of Vangazi fans. They represented the full spectrum of the Vangazi people. There were bright-haired Scandinavians, tall Africans and even a descendent of the Chinese population that migrated to Vangaziland during the 1800s.

The opportunity to sit with Jess Franssen made their night. One of the Vangazi offered to buy her a meal.

"Well I am a bit hungry, but I'd rather get it myself."

"Please, I insist. It would be an honor. Plus, its not like I'm buying you a drink. I just want to know that I gave Jessica Franssen a good meal."

Jess laughed and grinned. "Okay, fine. But I'm eating cheap."

"Heck no.. You're getting the steak. I insist. This is a celebration. One rally down. Where's the waiter? Let's get another Manhattan here too."

Jessica laughed. She was less likely to turn down the offer of a free meal with a little alcohol in her system. She was letting her guard down and relaxing. She started to feel at home among her countrymen.

Jess noticed another rally driver she had seen around the course before. He looked like something was bothering him. Jess caught his eye and then waved and gave a comforting smile. She hoped he'd feel welcome to join the Vangazi at their table. But maybe he had something on his mind. Jess didn't want to force him to come over.

The topic soon switched to cars. A red-headed Vangazi asked, "So Jess, I heard you got the new Vannish Motors GT-10, right? How is that?"

Jessica chuckled and took a quick sip. "Ah, I haven't even seen it yet. It's in my garage waiting for me to finally get back to Vangaziland. I've been travelling a lot. I went right from the WGPC into this rally. There was a little downtime, but the car came after it."

It felt good for Jess to be around normal Vangazi. Most of the Vangazi she had been talking to had been journalists or race crew. Now she was among her fans. She didn't spend enough time around her fans. Although they were starting to crop up more and more during the later WGPC races.

Jess looked around to see if she could recognize any other drivers.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports