NATION

PASSWORD

FFA Copa d'Aeia 2016 [Aeia only]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Terton
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Terton » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:20 am

TERTON HERALD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FANS DISMAYED AT CRUSHING DEFEAT

Earlier today, Terton's hopeful fans following the Copa d'Aeia were humiliated when they watched the Paladins thoroughly trumped by Avecain. Although it is only the second match in the Copa, many fans have expressed despair concerning it. "We were all so pleased to hear the managers speech after the last game," said Christoff Holtz, a Paladins fan, "But when those lads from Avecain just kept shooting 'em in, time and again, it was just too much. I don't know if anyone can come back from something like that." The Paladins' captain, Dag Wyatt, was also asked for his reaction to the game. "We certainly underestimated Avecain," Wyatt admitted. "They showed some good play today, and I must admit, I can't help but admire the team. They have wonderful players and great teamwork. The footage of this game will provide us with plenty of ways to improve our own team." Wyatt went on to say that he was quite hopeful that Terton would manage to do well in the rest of the Copa d'Aeia.

Faerber was not able to be reached, as he was composing poems and did not wish to be disturbed. Tertonian literary critics claim that Faerber's poetry will be some of the finest and most depressing poetry Aeia has ever seen.

Vrnallia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vrnallia » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:19 pm

Urochka Vanzyn
@TheVanzynU
Win against Bejarstan? No problem Vrnallia #CopadAeia #GoldenWings #MakingHistory
RETWEETSFAVORITE
12:13 pm - 29/06/16

Sioha Maryja
@ReksSkrubsLykeNothin
sagalan guys in the pub celebrating and drinking with vrnallians, lovely to see #CopadAeia #feelingproud
RETWEETSFAVORITE
11:42 pm - 29/06/16
It's Guakok now. She/her or they/them, pick your favourite.
Economic Left/Right: -9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18
Libertarian Communist
100.0% Equality: Communist
69.2% Peace: Dovish
84.2% Liberty: Libertarian
93.6% Progress: Revolutionary

Sagalash
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sagalash » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:51 pm

Zaxhas Dë Kunqe
@ZDKNogorije
as a stëlangjë person I feel triggered by what pllashangë said #racism #oppression
RETWEETSFAVORITE
04:52 pm - 28/06/16

Shpali Karabë
@SagalePride
grow up stëlangjë s.j.w. SCUM #likeachild #justdiealready
RETWEETSFAVORITE
05:01 pm - 28/06/16

Zaxhas Dë Kunqe
@ZDKNogorije
when the fascists don't even do subtlety RT@SagalePride grow up stëlangjë s.j.w. SCUM #racism #oppression #fascism
RETWEETSFAVORITE
05:09 pm - 28/06/16

Midrasia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Midrasia » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:37 am

Daniel Duero
@BigDannyD
@OfficialMidrasia2016 Any comment on the pllashangë situation? #CopadAeia #racism
RETWEETSFAVORITE
1:30 pm - 30/6/16

Copa d'Aeia 2016
@OfficialMidrasia2016
No official comment on the situation so far. Though we remind all that our official motto is 'together as one'. #Togetherasone #Saynotoracism
RETWEETSFAVORITE
1:43 pm - 30/6/16

Luix Risardi
@LRiss
Looking forward to the next match day, wonder who will win group A. #CopadAeia
RETWEETSFAVORITE
5:23 pm - 30/6/16

Midrasia National Football Team
@LesCourones
Inside @LesCourones dressing room ahead of #MDRvVIL #CopadAeia

RETWEETSFAVORITE
11:30 am - 1/7/16
Last edited by Midrasia on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki
Charles Vauban - IIWiki featured article (October 2017)
Pere Clar - IIWiki featured article (September 2019)

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:59 am

MATCHDAY 3 RESULTS

GROUP A

Vilosia 2-5 Midrasia
#13 20", #5 60" - Lazare 27", Qualquart 45" 51" 84", Sabon 78"

Isolatonia 2-1 Rohst
Romero 7", Gonzalez 66" - #11 22"

GROUP B

Castrix 0-1 Avecain
Wastinger 28"

Terton 1-0 Krieslen
Vonnegut 89"

GROUP C

New Goshen 0-2 Sagalash
Dë Sadë 30", Lefëh 81"

Vrnallia 1-0 Bejarstan
Heliz 76"

GROUP D

Tarasanovia 1-3 Yvilonia
Hayes 16"- #8 41", #15 58", #13 74"

New Krieslen 3-2 Wustenland
#7 30" 66", #6 44"- Ober 53", Berlin 88"

Last edited by Midrasia on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Terton
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Terton » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:25 am

TERTON HERALD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PALADINS' VICTORY GIVES RISE TO RIOTS

We from the Terton Herald regretfully report that our lads' victory over Krieslen earlier today has resulted in vicious fistfights breaking out all over the stadium directly after the game ended. The tension between the two nations finally found an outlet as angry Krieslenians started swinging fists at Tertonians just beginning their celebrations. Thankfully, the extra security wisely invested in by Midrasia paid off, and the riots were quickly suppressed. Paladins' manager Frederick Hym spoke on the subject for a short while. "It's really no surprise that this happened," Hym said. "We were all thankful before that it hadn't happened yet, and thanks to Midrasia's effective security, I'm sure nothing like this will happen again." However, this is not the end of the story. Witnesses report seeing poetic Paladin Ottomar Faerber in the middle of the riots, even inciting his fellow Tertonians to further violence. "I have talked to Faerber," Hym said, "And he will be replaced by Ekkehardt Knef for the remainder of the Copa d'Aeia. Faerber will be missed, but his actions cannot go unpunished. Terton keeps its promises, and follows through on its threats."

Rumors are that the annoyingly poetic and depressing Ottomar Faerber will not be as missed as much as Manager Hym claims.

Sagalash
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Sagalash » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:14 pm

Statement from Sagalash manager Çavep Pllashangë
Times of Sagalash

There has, quite rightly, been concern about a comment I made about Madhë Dë Sadë a few days ago. I have not yet made a public statement, and it is about time.

I will continue to defend what I said against these accusations which are being launched at me of racism or incitement. I would do nothing of the sort. The Sagalë people have been responsible for many atrocities committed against our fellow ethnic groups over the years and anything that echoes the views of those who perpetrated such outrages should be condemned absolutely. It sickens me to think that my own ancestors could have been involved in these acts, and the thought drives me to always act inclusively. It was that which drove me to make an inclusive team, why I picked mister Dë Sadë, mister Shullëm and other minority players to the side. Not only because of their skills, but also because we should celebrate the diversity of our peoples.

Mister Dë Sadë's decision to quit the team is disappointing, of course, but ultimately I can understand why he feels it is right. I spoke ill of him in a moment of anger, a dreadful error on my part. But never would I speak of him, or anyone, in a manner which questions their race, religion, gender or any other aspect of their identity. I only hope he, and other Stëlangjë people, understand this. Today he showed his skills by bringing his team beyond the group stage, and for this I and all of the team owe him a great debt. I wish him all the best in his future prospects.

Nonetheless, I understand that many people think less of me now than they did prior. Thus, with a heavy heart, I too must make an announcement. I have decided to resign as manager of the Sagalash Football Federation. I will not do so immediately - I wish not to put that sort of pressure on mister Mboshë or the players ahead of their last games of the Copa d'Aeia. But immediately after this competition I will be handing my letter in to the Directorate with a recommendation that Mboshë be the one to replace me. Football is not where I act at my best, nor where I help others to act their best.

I will put every effort into motivating the team to success from now on. I have spoken with them earlier and they wish me to say here that they will continue to put their hearts and souls into this tournament, and that they understand my decision.

So, for an incredible few months managing the national team - thank you to everybody. I am sorry that I could not have been a better manager.

Ç. Pllashangë

Comments
WesternWarrior 0
what a tit, good riddance to a crap manager
RavenRock +2
I can't see him getting off this one, but least he has the decency to say this things
m1a -16
am I the only one sad to see him go?

Vrnallia
Spokesperson

Postby Vrnallia » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:41 pm

Urochka Vanzyn
@TheVanzynU
And there you have it... #CopadAeia #GoldenWings #MakingHistory
RETWEETSFAVORITE
05:57 pm - 01/07/16

Renaku Heveksi
@MinisterOfHujre
We should all be proud of our team today! I'm going to get drunk now, but keep an eye out for @VrnallianCouncil watching the next game! #CopadAeia #MakingHistory
RETWEETSFAVORITE
06:36 pm - 01/07/16

Prucia Ziena
@ZP_Official
#Tarasanovia played an amazing game today, whatever the result it'll be one to remember #CopadAeia #GoldenWings
RETWEETSFAVORITE
08:01 pm - 01/07/16
Last edited by Vrnallia on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libertarian Communist

Tarasanovia
Secretary

Founded: Apr 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarasanovia » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:36 pm

The Aarbekh Guardian

Tarasanovia lose to Yvlonia - still make it through

Tarasanovia 1-3 Yvlonia

In a somewhat upsetting turn of events Aarbekh representatives have lost against Yvlonia, and doing so have finished second the table. In an action-packed match Yvlonia were just to much for our Tarasanovian side and therefore lost. Uroš Hayes managed a goal for Tarasanovia, very early on into the game, giving Tarasanovia a good chance to win it. But some poor defending in the 41st minute left Tarasanovia on the back foot into the second half. In the 58th minute and the 74th Yvlonia scored and started to dominate the game. Tarasanovia was left unluckly and couldn't do much throughout the game.

In the knockout stage, they finished 2nd place to Yvlonia by one point and will be facing 1st place in group C Vrnallia. The country is small but has great teamwork and could face a good challenge for Tarasanovia. We'll see you then.

The Campagnies
Civil Servant

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Campagnies » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:54 am

AVECAIN FAVOURITES?

The Avecain national team have successfully qualified for the quarter finals after three successive victories. The team's unbeaten form puts them in a good position for their future within the tournament; with their match against Isolatonia due to take place soon. The team's 3 victories, defeating Terton, Krieslen and Castrix was unmatched by any other team within the competition, leaving Avecain as pundits new favourites to go all the way. Striker Marc Maxime was also pointed out as a rising star on the international scene, following his two goals against Krieslen and Terton. It is expected that Maxime will start against Isolatonia as Goltingrandis is assumed to be out for at least one more match.

Avecain's recent match against Castrix yielded a 1-0 victory, with winger Robert Wastinger scoring from a brilliant strike within the 28th minute. Despite attempts by the team from Castrix to level the scoring, little progress was made within the remainder of the first half. The Castrixian manager made several changes within the second half, namely playing three strikers in hopes of an equalising goal. However this move toward a more offensive formation left wide gaps in the Castrixian defence. Striker Henry Suvoux had an amazing chance within the 64th minute could have made it 2-0 however the shot was parried away for a corner by the goalkeeper. By the 90th minute, the score remained 1-0, ensuring Castrix would be knocked out of the tournament and Avecain crowned Group B winners.

Following the match, manager Tobie Nollinger talked of the team's great ability, noting how the team successfully fended off Castrixian attacks within the second half. "Even when they had 3 up front, we still pushed back. Everybody got back to defend. It was a brilliant sight to see." When asked about the team's future prospects in the tournament, he stated: "Do we have the potential to go all the way? I certainly think we do. We just have to keep up the pressure and hope things go well for us. Football is not just tactics and skill, you need a bit of luck to carry you sometimes."

Avecain's next match in the quarter finals will be against Isolatonia, runners up of group A. The team's mixed fortunes against Vilosia can be seen as a sign of weakness, however their form must not be underestimated if Avecain wish to proceed further within the tournament. Isolatonia's draw against Midrasia and close victory over Rohst clearly show the team's ability. They are sure to pose a tough challenge to Avecain. The match will take place on July 3rd at L'Olympique stadium.
Join us online for our live by-minute coverage of the game.

Isolatonia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:25 am

ISOLATONIA THROUGH TO QUARTER FINALS

Isolatonia have finished second in this years 'group of death' and have qualified for the quarter finals of the Copa d'Aeia. An adrenaline fuelled match between Isolatonia and Rohst ended in a 2-1 win for the Isolatonians. Isolatonia took a fairly early lead at the seventh minute, with Romero scoring in the seventh minute. Rohst equalised in the 22nd minute, and the game became a power struggle for its duration. Gonzalez pulled Isolatonia into the lead in the 66th minute. Despite a close attempt by Rohst in th 82nd minute, Isolatonia pulled through and won the match.

After the match, nerves were high in the Isolatonians camp as they waited for the results of the Vilosia Midrasia match to come through. Once news came of Vilosia's defeat, the Isolatonians fans were able to relax. However, the match was clouded by tension between Isolatonian and Rohstian ultras after full time where post match celebrations became violent. It is currently not clear which side instigated the violence, but 15 fans have been sent to hospital and 20 have been arrested. It is thought that the violence was able to escalate to its eventual level due to security on the day being focused on the Terton-Krieslen game.

Despite this disturbance, mood is high in Isolatonia today as the Dragons prepare to face off against Avecain in the quarter finals. Avecain have been a strong side throughout the tournament, and are expects to be a tough opponent for Isolatonia. Until the quarter finals begin, the Dragons will need to train hard and remain focused. Their management is adamant that they will not make the same mistakes that they made against Vilosia.
Last edited by Isolatonia on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:20 am

QUARTER-FINAL RESULTS

Midrasia 1-1 Terton
Joulles 33" - Hoover 88"
Penalties:(3-2)
(Lazare Image, Sabon Image, Baldé Image, Qualquart Image) - (Vonnegut Image, Wehner Image, Hoover Image, Gunther Image, Konig Image)

Avecain 4-1 Isolatonia
di Oriendente 24", Maxime 56" 90+1", Lebron 71" - Gonzalez 36"

Vrnallia 1-2 Tarasanovia
Siate 61" - Harden 45", Armistead 75"

Yvilonia 2-0 Sagalash
#14 8", #7 80"

Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Tarasanovia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarasanovia » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:26 am

The Aarbekh Guardian

Tarasanovia Beat Underdogs Vrnallia With Late Goal

Tarasanovia 2-1 Vrnallia

In another very happy turn of events Tarasanovia have shown off underdogs Vrnallia in a thrilling contest between the two countries.

The game was goalless until just before halftime, where Tarsanovia struck a 45' minute header, from veteran striker Brayden Harden. The Vrnallia side wouldn't give up though, with prime left forward Satich Siatie bringing Vrnallia back into play with a great team goal in the 61st minute. Tarasanovia kept on attacking but the Vrnallia defense wouldn't let anyone through until the 75' minute when Tarasanovia star midfielder Zxavier Armistead scored his 3rd goal in 4 games in the competition. The game ran out with Vrnallia attacking but failing to score a goal and in the end sent the country with the population of 340,000 packing.

"It's more than I could of ever wished for," Claimed veteran midfielder Zxavier Armistead. "I love every minute playing with Tarasanovia - obviously time is not on my side but it's a great achievement." He told the Aarbekh Guardian. Later that day he moved to Midrasia side Vabre FC for a record Tarasanovia transfer of 235 million Tarasani. He was welcomed with happy faces and seemed keen to leave his Northern Ducks days behind.

In the other games Midrasia bet Terton on penalty's 3-2 after drawing 1-1 in normal time, Avecian thrashed Isolatonia 4-1 in an exciting game and Yvilonia (sorry for mispelling it last time) won 2-0 against Sagalash. Yvilonia will meet Tarasanovia again in the semi-finals of the Copa D'Aeia

Sagalash
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Sagalash » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:19 pm

Budash Broadcasting Company
@BBC_Sagalash
BREAKING: @GrrupeStelangje will NOT press charges against Pllashangë #Racegate #CopadAeia
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
07:24 pm - 04/07/16

Vrnallia
Spokesperson

Postby Vrnallia » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:32 pm

USTIENNA - Daily News
@ustienna
Vrnallia knocked out of Copa d'Aeia, rapturous greeting received at DVR airport #CopadAeia #GoldenWings #WelcomeHome
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
06:12 pm - 04/07/16

Urochka Vanzyn
@TheVanzynU
Amazing reception at DVR, our people are the best! Pleasure to play Tarasanovia, best of luck against Yvilonia #GoldenWings #HistoryMade
RECHIRPSFAVORITE
05:30 pm - 04/07/16
Last edited by Vrnallia on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libertarian Communist

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:23 am

SEMI-FINAL RESULTS

Midrasia 1-3 Avecain
Lazare 51" - Maxime 32" 78", Lebron 64"(pen)

Tarasanovia 2-0 Yvilonia
Pedjic 52", Armistead 68"

Last edited by Midrasia on Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Tarasanovia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarasanovia » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:15 pm

The Aarkbekh Guardian

Tarasanovia Make It to the Finals!

Tarasanovia 2-0 Yvilona

In a wonderful tournament for Tarasanovia they have made it to the finals of the competition after defeating new rivals Yvilona 2-0. The match was very contested in the first half and looked to continue until 29-year-old Darko Pedjic gave the Albatrosses the lead in the 52nd minute of the match and upset the complacency and under performance of each side. Each team started to play harder and it lead to another goal - in Tarasanovia's favour. Now, "World Class," central midfielder Zxavier Armistead scored a belter of a strike to allow Tarasanovia in front. This follows after his shock move to Vabre FC, saying he has high hopes of the future of his career.

In other games, Avecian sent favourites and host nation Midrasia packing after a 1-3 loss to the side.

So what will happen next? Make sure to tune into the final of the Copa D'Aeia, where the best footballers in the world take on each other to answer one clear question: Who is the best team in the world?

The Campagnies
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Campagnies » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:46 am

AVECAIN REACH COPA D'AEIA FINAL
Fans celebrate yesterday's victory over Midrasia

The Avecain national team has reached the final of the Copa d'Aeia 2016. Following their 3-1 victory over hosts Midrasia, the team from Avecain has successfully reached the final of the tournament and will face Tarasanovia on Thursday. Jubilant crowds greeted the team following their exit from yesterday's match, with similar scenes echoed by fans in bars and clubs back home. Avecain were always seen as reasonable contenders for the title upon the announcement of the tournament, however nobody expected them to go so far, and so successfully. In fact, throughout the tournament Avecain has been undefeated, not even drawing a game against rival teams. Throughout the tournament only 3 goals have beaten goalkeeper Fabian Golte, with the team also securing 2 clean sheets in a row.

Speaking to fans celebrating the team's win yesterday, it was clear fans are enthusiastic for the final on Thursday. Jose Rolek said: "It's been an amazing tournament, we couldn't have asked for more. Whatever happens tomorrow it's been a great journey!" On Avecain's chances, a local fan from Neuchatel stated: "I know Tarasanovia have been on good form recently, especially Xzavier Armistead. But Maxime has also been on top form, along with the whole team. It'll be a tough fight, but i'm sure we will edge it! Similarly fans in Doule cheered for the team all through the night, with similar crowds reported celebrating throughout the streets in the early hours of the morning.

Throughout the Seven Republics, football fans from the other republics also expressed their support for the Avecain team. Darnilo Fasi, a football fan from Edessa had this to say: "Avecain are our brothers, they are playing not just for themselves, but the entire Campagnies!" President Rupert Alvarez also expressed his support for the team: "The Campagnian government are 100% behind Avecain for tomorrow's final. It is a great day for football in the union." Although not all football fans from the Campagnies are behind Avecain. Tobi Rulle, a fan from Gendarmes, says he is backing Tarasanovia. "I would never support Avecain in an international match, my ancestors would disown me if they found out I supported those Easterners. In next years tournament i'm certain Gendarmes will qualify, then we will show those Avecians who's boss."

The third-place playoff between Midrasia and Yvilonia will take place before the final however, sure to be an equally contested event between two competent teams, although many pundits suggest Midrasia are slight favourites to edge 3rd place. The main event, Avecain v. Tarasanovia will take place the day after in Lotric. With tickets already sold out it is expected to be the most watched match of the tournament. Many Avecian fans are travelling to Midrasia solely for the final match, accessing limited tickets available on online bidding sites for hugely inflated prices. The New Roúk Post stands firmly behind the Avecian team for tomorrow's match, which is sure to be a thrill. Join us for our live coverage for the final of the 2016 Copa d'Aeia tomorrow at 2pm WVST.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:49 pm

THIRD-PLACE PLAYOFF RESULT

Midrasia 2-0 Yvilonia
Lazare 45+1" 87"
Last edited by Midrasia on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:31 am

COPA D'AEIA FINAL

Avecain v Tarasanovia

Live Coverage

0": Kick-off! Tarasanovia kick off after the coin-toss, the stadium is packed with both black and white shirts and scarves. This is sure to be a great final.
3": Its clear from the off that Tarasanovia are playing an aggressive game, Avecain have only had two touches so far. Every ball is edged toward the wings for a Tarasanovian cross.
6": Chance for Armistead! But the ball is touched over by the keeper for a corner-kick.
8":Quick corner is cleared out by Galaim, but only reaches as far as Pedjic.
8": GOOOAAAALLL! Tarasanovia! Following a poor clearance by Galaim, Tarasanovian winger Pedjic smashes the ball from 25 yards out to make it 1-0!
10": Avecain look visibly shaken by such a quick goal. Manager Tobie Nollinger is screaming at his defenders to stay vigilant for the Tarasanovian attackers.
14": Avecian yellow card. Midfielder Jacobin seems enraged following the goal, with a dangerous challenge against midfielder Jaden Novak.
16": Free-kick easily intercepted by the Avecian defence who now play it up-field toward Lebron.
20": Avecain managing to retain possession in centre field, but the Tarasanovian defence aren't making it easy to create chances.
24": Cross by di Oriendente is headed out of the box by Geary.
27": Moriss is found out of position by Maxime, who plays it toward Suvoux.
28": GOOOAAAALLL! Avecain! Suvoux superbly places it between the posts, tapping it into the far post to make it 1-1.
30": Avecian's goal doesn't seem to have phased Tarasanovia who look determined from the kickoff, with quick passes out to the wing.
33": Foul by Delloran who is awarded a yellow card, his second of the tournament, and second Avecian card of the game. Tarasanovia receive a free kick in a dangerous position
34": GOOOAAAALLL! Tarasanovia! Following a well placed free-kick by Howard toward the box, Harden easily controls the ball, smashing it in to make it 2-1 for Tarasanovia.
36": Well Tarasanovia weren't level for long. This is turning into one hell of a game, but it doesn't look like Avecain are giving in so easily.
38": Avecain attempting to play forward, but it looks like the Tarasanovian midfield have pushed back for the remaining minutes of the half.
42"" Harsh challenge by Walter on Lebron, but the referee says play-on. Tarasanovia looking immediately to play it forward.
44": There will be a minimum of two minutes of added time. Two minutes.
45+1": Tarasanovia pushing for another chance, with a shot by Howard, but it soars into the stands behind the goal.
45+2": Half-Time - Avecain 1-2 Tarasanovia. One change at half-time for Avecain, Jacobin off for Sipper. Jacobin hasn't really found his place this game, plus it looks like Nollinger wants his team to go on the offensive.
45": Second half is under way! Apparently manager Nollinger has given a rousing speech to his players, we'll see if it pays off.
47": Looks like Avecain are seeking to play it forward toward Wastinger. The Avecian wingers look to be playing much more aggressively this half.
49": Avecain have managed to play it out into the far left hand side, but Wastinger appears surrounded by three black shirts, who knock the ball out for a throw-in.
53": Avecian corner, crossed into the box, but ultimately cleared out by Lyon.
56": Foul by Armistead on Maxime, who has stayed down. Avecian free kick near the half way line, but no booking. The medics are on the pitch, but Maxime has assured them he is fine.
58": Free-kick is controlled by Tarasanovia who now take possession, they look to be pressing through the centre.
62": Richards plays an amazing pass across field to Howard, but the ball is knocked out by Staurk for a throw-in.
65": Substitution for Tarasanovia, manager Fraiser swaps out Novak for Bosch, probably looking to put more men at the back to defend their lead.
68": Another corner kick for Avecain, with di Oriendente to take it. Several white shirts in the box.
70": GOOOAAAALLL! Avecain! di Oriendente's corner swoops onto the head of Galaim, who directs it past the keeper to make it 2-2.
72": Game is really heating up now. Both managers are down on the touchline, yelling instructions to their players.
75": Ball is knocked out after a rebound from Staurk. Tarasanovian throw-in at the Avecian half, but looks as though there will be a substitution before that.
76": Second Tarasanovian sub. Moriss for Hayes. Looks as though Mohammed has advised the manager to put on another striker to put more pressure of the Avecians, switching back from five at the back to their more attacking posture of the first half.
78": Possession in midfield looks to be balanced, if maybe slightly in favour of Tarasanovia.
82": Ball played out wide to Walter, but knocked out for a throw-in. Tarasanovia look to be trying to play out wide for a cross.
86": Cross into the box, gets as far as Hayes, but knocked out by the Avecian defence, only as far as Armistead.
87: Chance for Armistead! But the ball rebounds off of Galaim, with Pollard hoofing the ball upfield toward Maxime, who looks set to break away!
89": GOOOAAAALLL! Avecain! I can't believe it! After an amazing clearance by Pollard, finding Maxime up-field unmarked,the striker took the ball around the last defender, chipping the keeper! Surely he's done it for Avecain now. The last twist in the game is surely the best. That was just an amazing piece of football! Avecain-THREE Tarasanovia-TWO.
90": Three minutes of added time! There's still time for Tarasanovia to come back.
91": Chance for Howard! But easily caught by Avecian keeper Fabian Golte, who thumps it downfield. The referee looks at his watch, its not over yet.
90+3": Full-Time - Avecain 3-2 Tarasanovia

FINAL RESULT

Avecain 3-2 Tarasanovia
Suvoux 28", Galaim 70", Maxime 89" - Pedjic 8", Harden 34"

Congratulations Avecain! You are this years' Copa d'Aeia Champions!
Last edited by Midrasia on Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

The Campagnies
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Campagnies » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:39 am

CHAMPIONS!

Avecain have won the 2016 Copa d'Aeia after a thrilling match against Tarasanovia.
The team lift the trophy following their 3-2 victory
The game was a close fought match, with Tarasanovia leading in the first half. However an equaliser and ultimately a goal in the 98th minute by striker Marc Maxime saw the light emerge victorious. Avecain's victory makes it the first team to win an official Copa d'Aeia tournament, following the creation of the new footballing governing body. The victory has seen Avecain ranked in 1st place for the FFA's international ranking formula, whilst giving good prospects for the future of Avecian football. The match itself was watched in millions of homes across the union and it is safe to say footballing fever gripped the nation over the past couple of weeks. Signups for armature teams have increased dramatically, with many new under-21 and under-18 teams sprouting up all across the Campagnies. Speaking about this new phenomenon, President Rupert Alvarez had this to day: "Its great to see so many people engaging in football. It just goes to show that tournaments like this one really bring people together, and clearly inspire the next generation. Being healthy is of course a major issue for the 21st century and competitions like the Copa d'Aeia work wonders for getting people involved in sport."

The Avecian team itself prospered on the international scene. It was clear that Avecain were potential challengers for the title, but nobody expected them to play so well. Throughout the tournament, the team did not lose one game, a testament to the teams ability and potential. Many are expecting Avecain to go onto similar success within next years' tournament, although captain Michel Lebron laughed off such expectations: "We should be living in the moment now! Of course we should have good chances for next year, but we should be focused on what we achieved right now, rather than idealisations for a new tournament so far away." Similarly manager Tobie Nollinger praised his teams success suggesting it is a "Time to celebrate for the whole nation," waving off suggestions of a repeat a year down the line. "Is it possible, maybe? But that's not important, right now we should be focused on what we have achieved."

Avecain's victory has also led to speculation that Avecain may host next years' tournament, although information on such a topic is scarce. It is also unclear whether it would be solely Avecain or a joint bid by the Campagnies to host the Copa d'Aeia, with issues also associated with how qualification for the nations' 7 home teams would work out. President Alvarez has expressed interest in such a bid, but says any ideas are "a long way from completion." Pointing to the complexities of such a bid Alvarez stated: "Its an interesting idea and i'm sure it would work wonders for the economy and our international reputation. But a lot of discussion would be required. Is this an issue best left to the republics themselves? Or should we organise a joint tournament? Would a tournament even be beneficial right now? These are the things to discuss, and discussion takes time."

That wraps up our coverage on the 2016 Copa d'Aeia, but we will be back for next years' tournament! For more sport, politics, tech or entertainment news visit our website at: http://www.nrc.av/en
Last edited by The Campagnies on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports