NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup LXXV - AK75 - The RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Schiavonia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiavonia » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:09 am

Schiavone Football Federation offices, King Francesco Stadium, Craw

Benny Sanderson is sat in the office, pondering things. Probably nothing to do with football. More likely what’s wrong with his son, why has he seemingly vanished from the WGPC and where do birds go at night.

All of a sudden, his co-manager Tony Cueto rushed in.

TC: “Benny!”

BS: “What is it?”

TC: “Great news!”

BS: “Free donuts?”

TC: “What?”

BS: “Well… free donuts would be great news, right?”

TC: “For professional sports coaches? Probably not the best example to set.”

BS: “Yeah… but… free donuts…”

TC: “Look, it’s better than that. I’ve managed to find us some more players!”

BS: “Some more players?”

TC: “Yes.”

BS: “But why do we need them?”

TC: “Because we’re an island of less than then thousand nationals who are only just ranked in the top 100 teams in the world.”

BS: “But we have enough players to put on the pitch already.”

TC: “So do the Schiavone Cricket Team, but we wouldn’t want them to play for us.”

BS: “That’s a fair point. They are terrible footballers.”

TC: “Exactly. And these are all Schiavones living in different areas of the multiverse.”

BS: “Well, great! Where did you find them?”

TC: “Well, the lovely people at Project +90 got in touch. Remember when they used to have a team on the island?”

BS: “They were the ones without many fans at all, right?”

TC: “Well… kind of… well, the team moved, and some of the Schiavone players on the team graduated and are playing in various different locations. But they’re really good at keeping tabs on where these players go, and so they have put us in touch with them, and most of them are ready to join us.”

BS: “And are they good enough?”

TC: “Well, you know how you haven’t seen me for a couple of weeks?”

BS: “I haven’t?”

TC: “Well, no. I haven’t been here.”

BS: “You haven’t?”

TC: “No. I’ve been scouting the players to see if they’re good enough. Are you alright, my friend?”

BS: “Sorry, Tony. I’ve got a lot on my mind right now.”

TC: “As irrelevant as usual, no doubt.”

BS: “Well, actually, no. Family problems.”

TC: “Oh.”

BS: “But we can talk about that another time.”

TC: “You sure?”

BS: “Yeah. It’s OK.”

TC: “Well, as long as you insist.”

BS: “So are they good enough?”

TC: “Most are. One or two could do with a little more experience, but they’ve built us some decent players over there.”

BS: “World beaters?”

TC: “Maybe not quite that good. Yet. But there’s still potential. We just need to get them to bond with the rest of the squad.”

BS: “Shouldn’t be too hard, no?”

TC: “Why not?”

BS: “Well, last time around, we had 21 new players, and they managed a few wins. So a smattering of new faces should be a doddle in comparison.”

TC: “Well…”

BS: “And they are all from Schiavonia, so they know the culture. All we have to do is integrate them into our style of play.”

TC: “Which they will have played in as youngsters.”

BS: “Shouldn’t really be a problem, then, should there?”

TC: “Well, let’s see. We have got some friendly games to use for that before we go so San Jose Guayabal, right?”

BS: “Um…”

TC: “Are you telling me you haven’t organised one?”

BS: “Like I say, other things on my mind.”

TC: “You did say.”

BS: "Plus our usual pre-qualifying match is against our first qualifying opponents. We can’t really play them twice in a row, can we?”

TC: “I guess not.”

BS: “And I don’t really know who else would want to play us.”

TC: “Semarland?”

BS: “A bit late now, they’ve arranged a whole heap of games already.”

TC: “Vilita?”

BS: “Lost their phone number.”

TC: “Phone number? Could you not send an email?”

BS: “I don’t know…”

TC: “Are you on email?”

BS: “Of course I’m on email. You simply have to be these days.”

TC: “So why didn’t you?”

BS: “I didn’t have the address.”

TC: “Ah. Oh.”

BS: “So it looks like we’re just going headlong into SJG and playing them first again. As usual, only in a competitive game. As opposed to against their fringe players.”

TC: “I’ll see what I can do…”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Schiavone International Broadcasting Network studios, New Kingsbury

JJ: “I’m Jenny Jones…”

KS: “…and I’m Kevin Smith…”

JJ: “…and welcome to World Cup Sloths!”

KS: “We’re back!”

JJ: “We are! After skipping the AOCAF Championships due to us both falling ill simultaneously...”

KS: “That was very unfortunate."

JJ: Whatever they were feeding us at that hotel in Cedina clearly didn’t meat with the local hygiene standards.”

KS: “It’s not often people get ill together like that.”

JJ: “It is if they get food poisoning and a stomach bug to follow from eating the same thing.”

KS: “What… it is?”

JJ: “Yes, Kev. Anyway, the point is that we couldn’t attend any of Schiavonia’s matches, and SIBN couldn’t afford to send anyone else to the championships, so there were no broadcasts to look back on.”

KS: “Oh.”

JJ: “Anyway, we’re here today to preview Schiavonia’s chances in qualifying for World Cup 75, which are to be held in the COCANEFA area of Atlantian Oceania.”

KS: “Where’s that?”

JJ: “That’s where Schaivonia is, Kev. Well, the main hosts are Audioslavia and Krytenia, but we are offering the island up as a tourist destination for visitors.”

KS: “As opposed to the rest of the time, when we do exactly the same.”

JJ: “Well, more so. But we need to do it after Visit Schiavonia blew all of their money on a Grand Prix driver who hasn’t been seen for over a month.”

KS: “Yeah, that didn’t exactly raise their publicity in the way that they’d hoped, did it?”

JJ: “No. Anyway, we’re here to preview the qualifiers now that the draw has been made. And our first opponents will be our friends in San Jose Guayabal!”

KS: “A nation I know about!”

JJ: “A nation you’ve heard of, you mean?”

KS: “Same thing.”

JJ: "Not really, Kev. You make it sound as though you can reel off a long list of facts about the place.”

KS: “I can.”

JJ: “Really?”

KS: “We co-hosted Baptism of Fire 56 with them.”

JJ: “OK… what’s the highest mountain in San Jose Guayabal?”

KS: “Mount… er… Guayabal?”

JJ: “OK, so one fact is better than your usual standards. Anyway, since that tournament, the fortunes of the sides have gone in different directions. The Guayabalense have become regulars in the latter stages of the big tournaments - as well as hosts of the previous World Cup - whilst the Sloths forgot to enter for three cups and had to start from scratch. Again.”

KS: “Did we play them?”

JJ: “Yes, we did! The Sloths’ first international for 15 years was against them - a friendly before qualifying last time around. Of course, the Guayabalense played a young line up which easily overcame our team.”

KS: “But we’re better than we were back then. Much better.”

JJ: “Not that much better, though, right?”

KS: “Well, I’m not liking this pessimism, Jenny.”

JJ: “Kev… I’m not even going to ask you for a prediction because I know what you’re going to say.”

KS: “You do.”

JJ: “We’ll spring a shock on an unsuspecting opponent first up, then have built up enough momentum to take them down in the return game with home advantage.”

KS: “You think the same as I do? I was not expecting that…”

JJ: “What? No! That was my prediction of your opinion, not my actual thoughts on…”

KS: “You heard it here on World Cup Sloths first, everyone!”

JJ: “Well, let’s move on. Our second Group * opponents will be The Urain.”

KS: “The Who-rain?”

JJ: “Well, far be it from me to be so disrespectful, but that’s the line of thinking a lot of people will have.”

KS: “So… who are they?”

JJ: “They’re a team who scored no points whatsoever at the most recent Baptism of Fire, finishing their three games with a goal difference of -7, with only one nation posting a worse overall record.”

KS: “So we’re not expecting much from them here.”

JJ: “It’s a step up in class, so you wouldn’t expect them to do much. Anything other than two Schiavone victories might be seen as a disappointing outcome.”

KS: “We’ll tonk ‘em!”

JJ: “Well, I don’t know about that. Every game has its own challenges. But we are definitely favourites for those encounters, just as we are against our next opponent, Migli.”

KS: “Who-gli?”

JJ: “Yeah, that doesn’t quite work in the same way, does it?”

KS: “Why not? I don’t know them, either.”

JJ: “True, they are almost as obscure as The Urian…”

KS: “So it works, then?”

JJ: “Yes… no… but Who-rian rhymes with Urian.”

KS: “No it doesn’t.”

JJ: “Yes it does. Did you not just here me say it?”

KS: “Who-rian… Uh-rian. Who and Uh don’t rhyme.”

JJ: “Is it not pronounced Yew-rian?”

KS: “Is it?”

JJ: “I don’t know. Just like lots of people around the multiverse don’t know if it is Schiavonia or Schiavonia.”

KS: “True. I have heard both being said.”

JJ: “Exactly. Not that we mind either way.”

KS: “No, we don’t.”

JJ: “Anyway, the point is that Who-rian and Urian could rhyme if you look at them in a certain way. But Who-gli doesn’t sound anything like Migli.”

KS: “Nor does it sound like ‘ugly’.”

JJ: “Er… yes… anyway, do you what to hear a little about them?”

KS: “Yes please!”

JJ: “Well, they won one game at the Baptism of Fire.”

KS: “That’s not bad. Who did they beat?”

JJ: “You’re asking me like you’d have heard of anyone from the Baptism of Fire.”

KS: “OK. Try me.”

JJ: “They won four-two against The Urian.”

KS: "The Who-rian?”

JJ: “Are we going through this again?”

KS: “Sorry. But I have heard of them, to be fair.”

JJ: “Only because we discussed them a couple of minutes ago.”

KS: “Well, yes…”

JJ: “You didn’t know about them before that, did you?”

KS: “I didn’t.”

JJ: “Anyway, my point is that it may prove a bit too much of a step up for them, too. And while I hold out more hope for Migli than I do for The Urian, that’s like saying that there is more water in a desert than a vacuum.”

KS: “Why would you put water into a vacuum cleaner?”

JJ: “Not a vacuum cleaner, Kev. A vacuum.”

KS: “So is that a floor?”

JJ: “Sorry?”

KS: “Well, I always thought that a vacuum cleaner is something you clean vacuums with. And as you use it to clean your floor, then surely the floor is a vacuum.”

JJ: “I should probably try using analogies which you might have a basic grasp of.”

KS: “Using what?”

JJ: “OK, let’s not waste time on this any further. The point is that the Sloths will be expected to beat them.”

KS: “So you have us beating all of our opponents so far!”

JJ: “That’s not what I said! I said that…”

KS: “Who do we play on Matchday Four, Jenny? I bet you think we’ll get three points from them, too?”

JJ: “Actually, no.”

KS: “What do you mean, no.”

JJ: “There is absolutely no chance of us winning any points on that day.”

KS: “What? Why not? I’ll be the judge of that. Who are we up against?”

JJ: “It’s bye day, Kev.”

KS: “Who are they? Never heard of them. We’ll win easily!”

JJ: “They’re not a team, Kev. It’s bye day. The day on which we have a bye. We don’t play a qualifying match on that day.”

KS: “Ah. Oh. So no game, then.”

JJ; “We might have a game. I expect that Benny Sanderson will try and find an opponent for us to play who are also not playing a competitive match that day.”

KS: “Like he has done for our build up to the qualifiers?”

JJ: “Let’s not dwell on that. I’m sure the boys at the SFF will sort something out for us.”

KS: “Yeah, right. Surely it’s too late now.”

JJ: “Well, let’s not worry about it too much. I trust them.”

KS: “You trust a management team who didn’t sign us up for three cups in a row.”

JJ: “Can we move on? We’ve still got three opponents to preview.”

KS: “By all means.”

JJ: “Right then.”

KS: “It’s just a shame that there’s no pre-qualifying opponents.”

JJ: “There will be!”

KS: “I’ll believe that when I see it.”

JJ: “Anyway, our fourth opponents in qualifying, on the fifth matchday, will be HUElavia.”

KS: “Who-lavia?”

JJ: “Kev. This is getting silly now. They’re not a bad team, although they didn’t perform as well as the Sloths last time out, collecting just seven points in qualifying and two at the Cup of Harmony. But, just like us, they’ll be looking to build on a steady start.”

KS: “So they’re not as good as us, either.”

JJ: “They’re not ranked as such, but they have the potential to give us much closer games than our previous two opponents.”

KS: “Do you think we will beat them, too?”

JJ: “At the KFS, we are probably favourites to, but…”

KS: “That’s a yes. You have us for eight wins out of eight, just like I do. Next…”

JJ: “I don’t have that…”

KS: “We’re short on time, Jenny.:

JJ: “Well, our next opponents are Boring Paradise.”

KS: “How boring is it?”

JJ: “Well, I’ve never been, so I don’t know. From the pictures, it looks like Schiavonia, but bigger.”

KS: "Can’t be that boring, then.”

JJ: “Well, let’s see.”

KS: “What about their football?”

JJ: “Well, they’re one of these teams who seem to have found a level and play to it. That level being an average of just over one-and-a-half points per game in qualifying from their previous three attempts, and just one unfruitful Cup of Harmony appearance.”

KS: “So they’re pretty average, then.”

JJ: “I guess you could say they have become a bit… well, boring.”

KS: “There for the taking, then?”

JJ: “You would say that, but…”

KS: “So I’ll put you down for a couple of Schiavone wins.”

JJ: “I’d say we’ll give them a good game at the KFS, the away trip will be a struggle, though.”

KS: “A struggle to a win though. So that’s ten out of ten. Who are our last opponents?”

JJ: “Well, we’re back at Baptism of Fire 56 again.”

KS: “We’re playing SJG again?”

JJ: “No, we’re playing a team who entered that as their first tournament. And, despite the early promise, they didn’t really live up to their potential. Since then, though, they’ve gone from strength to strength, and finally qualified for their first World Cup Finals last time around.”

KS: “Well done to them! Who are they, though?”

JJ: "They are Omerica.”

KS: “Who-meri…”

JJ: “Leave it, Kev.”

KS: “Sorry. I just don’t remember them from the Baptism of Fire we hosted.”

JJ: “Well, that’s because they weren’t known as Omerica back then. They were called The Saint James Islands.”

KS: “I don’t remember them, either.”

JJ: “Do you remember anything from the tournament?”

KS: “Was that the one where someone brought a gun to a match?”

JJ: “Er… no.”

KS: “Oh. Well. Um…”

JJ: “Never mind. The point is that this is an opponent on the rise, and will be looking to push on with a second successive qualification this time around.”

KS: “A good team, then.”

JJ: “Yes they are. A team who appear to have far too much quality throughout the team for this young Sloths side. And before you can say that you think we can beat them…”

KS: “What was that? Sorry, I zoned out for a moment, there. You said we can beat them, right?”

JJ: “I…”

KS: “So that’s twelve out of twelve! Jenny agrees with me! We’re going to the World Cup! If even she says we’re going to do it, then we’re going to do it!”

JJ: “Kev…”

KS: “Super Sloths! Oh, we’re going to win the World Cup…”

JJ: "Kev, please…”

KS: “I can get carried away, right?”

JJ: “We’ve breaking news, Kev.”

KS: “What? We have…”

JJ: “Yes. First of all, my prediction for Schavonia’s qualifying record is 5-3-4, not 12-0-0 like yours.”

KS: “Not news. Can I start singing now?”

JJ: “And we have an announcement that Schiavonia will be travelling to Acronius for their warm-up friendly this time around.”

KS: “Interesting stuff. We’ll win that, too.”

JJ: “No, we won’t. We’ll be using it as a tester to field some of the new squad members which Tony Cueto has found - that’s why they felt they needed this game.”

KS: “Ah. Ok. So, which would you prefer - Krytenia or Audioslavia? I mean, I’ve been to Audioslavia plenty of times before as it isn’t that far away, but I’ve been to Krytenia with you already when we went to find Randy Dalton, so…”

JJ: “Kev, I think we’ll probably finish third or fourth, with the top two running away with it. That wouldn’t be a qualifying spot.”

KS: “We’re going to Krytenia and Audioslavia, OK?”

JJ: “We’re not. If we end up in either nation over the coming months and years, then I’ll give you a year’s supply of donuts.”

KS: “Deal!”

JJ: “Deal. Right then, that’s all from us here tonight. From Kev and myself, we’ll be back with you soon. Goodnight!”

KS: “Goodnight!”
Last edited by Schiavonia on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:23 am

The All-Banija Sports Magazine
The only nationwide publication that is all sports, all the time!

Jan Cassallerus comes up with his final 23 for World Cup 75 Qualifying

Starting Striker Saa Okoro, one of the new faces on this Banijan squad for World Cup 75 Qualifiers

BUSUKUMA- Jan Cassallerus, the native San LLeran leading this team for the second consecutive World Cup Qualifying cycle. We all know the debacle of the 1st World Cup Qualifying cycle for this team, where the team lost all 12 of their games. However, we do not like to talk about that here at the All-Banija Sports Magazine, especially since we are an entire World Cup cycle removed from it. Not a single player or coach on that team is a professional within Banija anymore, so they are basically irrelevant to the entire process.

With the Banijan Premier League gaining in prestige, the competition to earn your way onto the final 23 was going to be stiff. While many expected Banija to end up with 3rd place at the United Valhaven Regional Football Championships, it was a disappointing finish for the host nation. The hosts looked brilliant in their first two games, when they were able to put up 4 goals on both Neo Phoenicia and the Island of Solitude each in the first two games. While the opponents were much weaker than their Banijan counterparts, this gave Banijans confidence last summer that they would be able to do some serious damage in that tournament.

However, when they went up against the big boys of United Valhaven, namely both Devonta and Frenline Delpha, the team was not able to put it together. While they lit up Earl 5-2 in the 3rd place game, they were able to score 13 goals as a team in their 3 games against unranked opponents, but when the good teams played Banija, they lost both of those games by the same score of 1-0. Their offense was bottled up by the quality of the opposition, and they could not even make the tournament final on home soil.

While many members of that team are returning, there are plenty of new players on the squad. With the offense struggling mightily against both Frenline Delpha and the United States of Devonta, they have decided to take an entirely new look at their team up front. The two starting strikers, at least for now, are Saah Desta and Saa Okoro, who have both played extremely well in their last two season in the Banijan Premier League, are the starting strikers. While they are experienced in the Premier League, they have a combined 0 caps for the national side, which means they've never had the pressure of putting on the Banijan green before.

Of course, they are a talented striking pair with a winning pedigree. Busukuma Athletic Club, where Saah Desta plays, has finished top 4 in the last two seasons. Saa Okoro won a league title two seasons ago with Jinja City FC, and both of these players are leading scorers on their respective teams. Saa Okoro now plays for his hometown Busembe Timberwolves, but they are going to have to develop some sort of cohesion, and quickly, for Banija to be successful in this tournament.

While those are the big names, there is also a new face for this team in net. Abu Turay won the open competition and earned the starting job. Everybody knew that Moses Mbabazi, who was almost 40 years old, could not deal with the wear of another World Cup Qualifying campaign, where you log thousands upon thousands of miles through the air and that would simply take too much out of a man at his age. Abu Turay will have to keep his coach's confidence, because both Alan Namara and Delbin Kasekende are chomping at the bit for a chance to be the man between the sticks for this team.

The rest of the squad did not include many surprises. Isaac Georgiadis is back from Abanhfleft for this year's tournament, and so is Francis Dombo. Ultimately, we'll see if Banija can get out of this qualifying group, or build upon their performances from World Cup 74 Qualifying, even with a different cast of players, especially up top.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

New Dukaine
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Dukaine » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:39 am

DBC Nightly News, June 9th, 1800 DST (Same as Tanzania)

Dec Danc: "And now on to sports. The first cup match for the Bloodhounds are tonight and boy are we excited down here! We now go to our Sports reporter who is in Audioslavia, Jabnea Makle"

Jabnea Makle: "well-"

She is cut off by an Audioslavian teen that shouts R rated content at the top of his lungs and pushes her down, then runs off on his skateboard

silence follows

Dec Danc (looking at notes): "We apologize for that. I am going to tell you what she was going to say. The Bloodhounds are doing great after tieing a friendly against top 25 team Acronius. They are planning to make a great debut against the nation of T.I.F.K.A. Tasmania, who has a KPB of 0. We are projecting a win against this nation. If you want to learn more about the sporting team, please visit sportswire.nudu"

"We now go to breaking news, a grain plant has exploded near the town of Monkay...."
The Liberal Socialist leaning Democracy of New Dukaine

Former Grey Warden
For RP, New Dukaine is a Modern-Tech nation.
PLEASE, CALL ME NuDu
Participated: Baptism of fire 62, World Cup 75, Australian Football Cup 1
Hosted: Australian Football Cup 1
Ambassador to all branches of the WA is Pama Umoja.
Proud author of GA Resolution 376, Pesticide Regulations

Matthewsiania
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 14, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Matthewsiania » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:51 am

"This is an outrage!" yelled a voice inside the Matthewsianian Football Association. The voice belonged to a grumpy, old darkskinned man; a certain Savá Martins. That was all due to a letter that had just recently arrived in from the UICA. Apparently, the international organization have had enough of Matthewsiania's shenanigans. Their most recent season, a "Special Edition" featuring seventy-two sides from all parts of Matthewsiania garnered massive heat and was clearly not welcomed, though their lack of results was mostly of fault of the very teams that qualified. Real Matekkipper and Provença did poorly, considering their status and the somehow title victory weren't really justified beyond them being the most resilient of the bunch. To be fair, however, one could ponder if the teams themselves weren't trying to sabotage Matthewsiania's international showings. Broadcast earnings were mostly better for Matthewsianian teams when playing the Heritage Cup instead of whatever the UICA had to offer and the odd deal they had where they'd keep their spot unless a country of the same regional group seemed more readier. Turns out their "region" featured the Sunrise Islands, many Emirates of Futurnian lands (though places like Huelandia, Dainer, Capivara Group and Lightshield were surprisingly absent) and a somewhat upstart dependency known as The Hakifao Isles whose SUN.League tournament had been causing waves and an uprise on interest based after the decision towards teams from Kirisaki and Tallaga La Falla (two of the four nations involved, the fourth one being an uneventful Island of Viggo Rolig) playing a separate tournament for UICA spots acted as a loophole over the main example of multi-national leagues, the famous (or infamous on some corners of their region, specifically the none-too-pleased from the Southwest) LigAnaia. It did help that one minnow team from Greater Moonside, the Moonside Park Casuals had somehow managed to finish among the top 32 of the COCANEFA Cup, which created more and more questions on "Why Hakifao keeps itself from testing the international ground" and maybe this would give a much needed ressurgence for Kirisakijin club football with their main stars moving out of the country towards the Sunrise Islands slightly before the SUN.League was established not to mention a desire of the people of Tallaga La Falla towards being flat out superior from the rest, something which UICA money could help them at. The Sunrisians themselves were also enthusiastic towards the whole thing, some of the teams already mouth-watering with the possibilities of having farm teams all over the Dependency and whatnot. Matthewsiania, on the other hand, hadn't even defined a solid league format, marketing had been terribly difficult and the measures UICA had, while certainly not hard to achieve for many leagues, never really managed to fit in with Matthewsianian authorities. The Campeonato Mateusianense itself was suddenly out there, no good reason for their drop beyond a heavy focus on self-closure. Foreigners weren't a rarity inside the country, Matthewsiania was the one land that defended Eastern Borderlands with their all before eventually taking them in as a state of sorts. But the picture wasn't that great. Matthewsiania was not an attractive land to foreign interests. Same with footballers, the prospect of playing for DMLK or Vesper, both trying hard to feed themselves the return of their old image as conquerors of the land on the pitch didn't last on the face of an increasing level of competition. Granted both were still somewhat big at home, eventual wins of teams like Santos Amores, Mexicalito or Atlético Voador becoming slowly more and more common and the Dork Age of the 100-something teams' Campeonato Mateusianense seasons already having taken its' toll on the two giants to the side; the one moment where they stepped out of their home was almost always followed with a slap. The prospect of possibly facing the likes of 1830 Cathair or Raynor City and winning, something that for the Matthewsianians seemed like realistic on the domestic side, would normally end on losses to teams they would assume could be beaten like a breeze, of the likes of, say, Tower 2 or the eventual Inferiori Minore side that had barely leaped over barbed wire for no reason. Unified Sunrise, the nation they first thought they'd step over on football? Not even close. Egos were being struck hard in the Kingdom. That was Savá's biggest fear. If DMLK and Vesper found out the one gateway to progress for other teams could be closed, football would stagnate and the duet would once again fight for the title and assume nobody outside of their land (sans the eventual Heritage Cup side) could stomp them.

Savá tried to negotiate via phone, met by a robotic voice who simply could not budge towards any format the Matthewsianian pushed towards them. "That's not allowed." Those words ended up lodged inside his head. But could the UICA be blamed for that? Not at all, Matthewsiania was the mad house. They stood out like a sore thumb. Dainer had state leagues, but they were only four states. It ran like a proper machine. Unified Sunrise had seasons divided by a main league and regional leagues. But then again, Unified Sunrise was a group of countries, even if numbers always seemed a bit higher than they should. And between the apparent lack of interest on some and the lack of appreciation from others, meant the Matthewsianians were no longer an UICA-affiliated nation. The biggest biggie of all the big issues, though? One could ponder if the whole thing wouldn't be a great excuse for the country to step out of the World Cup qualifiers. He could only skip past the halls of the building, trying to come up with a plan to avoid such a thing from happening. "Should I say we're going to the World Cup?" he thought.
This is Matthewsiania, Northern Sunrise Islands strange flag-colored puppet.

BY THE BONES OF AMIN KARA! AND THE MANY MOONS OF JUPITER!
THE ESPORTIVAN MONSTER TRUCK IS FAR SUPERIOR!

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:16 am

"What really upsets me is that we used to matter. We used to mean something. Now look at us." Leopold Gurtzer spoke animatedly. As a teenager, he had often been teased for the way he flapped his arms about when he got passionate. As a politician, it had helped him.

After sweeping to victory in the Florican Party Leadership election, Leopold had worked hard on rehabilitating his party's image. For too long they had been seen as nasty and xenophobic, as intolerant and nationalist. Yes, large suaves of the electorate were nasty nationalists, but never enough to propel the Florican Party to victory. For sixteen years the liberal right, under various guises, had controlled the National Assembly with little sign of slowing down, it wasn't until his election that the Florican Party took their first poll lead in half a decade.

Half a decade! Five years of not even coming close to taking the keys of 3 Pitaluga Street, the residence of the Chief Executive. Five years of making a case to a country that couldn't care less. Five years of arrogance from the liberal right.

But finally his populist message was being heard. He did away with previous Florican logic that they would win elections through fear, that they would win elections through wedge tactics. Instead, he spoke what people wanted to hear, he spoke like no other politician dared to, he was optimistic about the future.

"But we can be great again. The best days of this nation are not behind us. All it takes is for people like you..." He pointed at his audience. The media often characterised them as white and ill-educated. Privately, Leopold agreed with them, but he couldn’t deny their enthusiasm - just the pointing of his finger sent them wild. He chuckled, “all it takes is people like you to get out and vote. The election is just 50 days away, and every single poll shows it will be close. Every single vote will count. If you vote Florican in the Assembly, vote Florican in the Senate and vote for Franz Fielder in the Presidential election we can put this country back on the road to greatness! Thank you!”

Leopold smiled and waved at the crowds. They had grown bigger and bigger the closer the election came. They had also, perhaps more importantly, became even more passionate. It was often said to Leopold that the problem with relying on the ill-educated to vote for you is that they never vote. Whilst Leopold shared those concerns, he felt this time was different.

As an Assembly Member from one of Chippenham’s various slums, he had gotten used to reading people. Despite hailing from what theoretically should have been a safe seat, he was required to spend an unnerving amount of time canvassing around his constituency - or district, as they were now known as. Too many times he had knocked on the door (or even, in the more deprived areas knocked down a door falling apart due to dump, or just poor craftsmanship) to the get the assurances of people that they would vote for him. After a while, he began to be able to tell who was genuine and who would spend election day watching repeats of Geoffrey Fyle - a tacky show where an egomaniac shouted at working class families until they resolved their differences, with a few lie detectors and paternity tests thrown in along the way. And he felt the people coming to his rallies were in the genuine category.

Leopold finally walked off stage into the rabble of advisors and campaign staffers that accompanied him wherever he went. The Florican National Campaign Manager, Walter Gernot, was the first to get to him. “Good crowd today!” Leopold nodded in silent agreement as he downed a bottle of water. As the election campaign dragged on, everything was getting better for him, but not the weather. It was getting stiflingly hot - meteorologists were already claiming it was due to be the hottest on record, and the election campaign still had the best half of two months to go. The trouble with the heat is that it gives you no room to hide. As a politician, you get very good at spinning, but it’s hard to convince a room of people that it’s not sweat resting on your upper lip and that the patches under your armpits were there all along.

“Right, where are we off to next?”
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Shytysle
Secretary

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shytysle » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:24 am

A Shytyslysh Guyde to Soccer - Part 1
Q: You're in defense and have just sent a wayward pass to an opposing forward. They're surging forward in a counter-attack and there's a real potential of conceding a goal. What do you do?

<A> Start barking orders at the other defenders to detract from your stupid error. Make it sound like you wouldn't have given away possession had your team been in proper formation.

<B. Lunge wildly at the opposing forward. Hopefully dislocate some knee-caps. The break in play whilst they bring the stretcher on will be ample time to reset the defense.

<C> Who gives a shit? Goalkeepers are paid to stop shots; it's their problem now. Make a half-arsed effort to defend the attack.

'[...] Had your team been in proper formation'

You clearly don't understand Shytyslysh Soccer so well ...
Formations are merely loose ideas of where players should start the match and the likelihood of players staying in positions and adhering to formations is really rather unlikely. Barking orders at your fellow defenders is also likely to see you shanked in the changing rooms at the next available break.

It would seem the sensible option to 'take out' an opposing striker but free kicks within striking range are a risky business and going down to ten players is just as riddled with problems. Also, some teams have some big dangerous forwards whom you wouldn't want to attempt damaging their tibias, fibulas or metacarpels ...

Exactly. Yeah, you shouldn't have lost the ball but no use crying over spilt milk. Let the goalkeeper deal with it, start a new attack.
Last edited by Shytysle on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shytysle ( ʃaɪtaɪl )

Capytal: Scummoss
Demonym: Shytyslysh
Wether: Consystantly Mysserabel

Pasarga
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasarga » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:13 pm

Torgos Tribune ~ A World Cup To Remember

This World Cup cycle marks a special one for Pasarga, as this will be the thirtieth edition of the competition that our Wanderers will be entering. The Wanderers first took to the international scene back in the World Cup 47 as an insignificant entry from a region that had little going for it besides some uncommonly confrontational waterfowl and a single nation who was decent at the game. Now sixty year later, Pasarga is counted among the best teams in the World and Rushmore has won two of the last three Finals while having a participant in three of the last four, both the nation and the region has grown significantly in their stature within the footballing world in that time. It has been years of turmoil as well as success, the sort of events that read as if it were a script from a film that had yet to be published.

You may be asking why the yet to be published analogy and not a masterpiece that won awards and critical acclaim from all those who saw such a film. Well the answer is the simple and most obvious one, for while this is a historic occasion for the Wanderers, this is far from their end as they still have many more cycles before them to craft an even better story to tell. However in the upcoming months over the Qualification process, the newspaper will be publishing the occasional piece recognizing the past sixty years and how our Wanderers got from where they started to where they are today. We at the Tribune hope that all of our readers will be able to appreciate these pieces as they retell the current narrative of the Wanderers and how they managed to climb the mountain of the footballing world.

The continuation of that story begins next month as the Qualifiers begin in earnest as the Wanderers as well as over a hundred other nations will begin competing for the right to travel to Northeast Atlantian Oceania for the Finals. Pasarga has been drawn into Qualifying Group 17 as the first seeds and they have quite the interesting group full of former great squads as well as an old rival of the Wanderers. Of the former it is Bears Armed and Starblaydia, both of whom have been major players in the international football game at one time but its been nearly two decades since either were real threats to win the World Cup. The thing about playing against Bears Armed is that the Ursines are quite at a physical advantage against most of their competition and can easily utilize that to their advantage, though if you look past football and into Bears Armed as a whole, you might get really confused with their numbering system. As for Starblaydia, the five stars on their crest says all that you need to know about the capabilities of their footballers.

Elsewhere in the group are the newcomers of Arkan as well as Midia, both of whom the top four teams in the group will be thinking are an easy six points in the back pocket. Arkan though may prove to be difficult, as there is a certain quality about them that seems reminiscent of the likes of Polar Islandstates and Mytannion, though if they can live up to such billing and sustain it will be quite the interesting storyline to watch. I have high hopes for Arkan but all the same, I can not see them finishing higher than fifth in the group, which should be quite the achievement for a side that is this new to the competition. Every side in the tournament has had to take their lumps at some point, even the Eurans and the Nepharim had to be humbled a bit before they turned into World Cup Champions. St. Saratoga has had a few of those tumbles and while I do not think they will challenge for the top two spots in the group, a third place finish in the group is not hard to see if they hit a good run of form.

However the biggest draw for Pasargans in the group will be Sargossa, our old political allies and one time defenders of our nation through a series of political pacts that stated Sargossa would come to Pasarga's aid in the event of either foreign invasion or a domestic incursion. Such times have passed and as the two sides have been drawn together often in both the World Cup and Copa Rushmori, the rivalry on the football pitch has grown quite testy with red cards not an uncommon occurrence. However the Corsairs are not thought to be a challenge to the Wanderers in the group but I dismiss such a notion, given the rivalry between the two sides. While the World Cup Committee Rankings might say that Starblaydia are the biggest challengers to the Wanderers winning the group and the automatic qualification spot, my money is on Sargossa with all the ferocity of a orca that is ready to retake the waters from which it had came.

Ficiscia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ficiscia » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:14 pm

SYNDICATA MARINORIS FICISCIAE/FICISCIA SEAMEN AND HARBOUR SYNDICATE

Comrades of Marinum! Once again, this state drinks wine while preaching water. Once again the system raises its head to crush down on YOU and YOUR COLLEAGUES. Who does benefit from night access to this port? Who benefits from more ships frequenting Marinum? Who does benefit from the decision not to pay bonus for sunday labour anymore? They want to calm you with some extra holiday and deny you the money to do something with it. What worth does your holiday have if you can only spend it sitting at home? And the law permits it! Our comrades of the Communia and the Partitum Sociale are powerless when this region is reigned by the DF and its capitalist bourgeois allies. People of Marinum, your city council is afraid of upcoming elections! The people willing to help this great city of workers and its inhabitants have been overvoted by the people on the hills. Marinum Norte is not your friend! THEY look down onto YOU while you unload their ships. While YOU stay up all night instead of being with your family, THEY sleep calmly next to their wifes and mistresses, looking down onto YOU and Ficiscian women's rights! While YOU work to secure their wealth and position, THEY get the glory and the Ficiscis from YOUR benefit!

STOP EXPLOITATION IN MARINUM! STOP CAPITALISM NOW!

THIS is what Marinum truly requests:

1. Separation of the municipality of Marinum Norte and Marinum or voting reform, to avoid the over-voting of Marinum workers
    2. Formation of a worker's council acting as Marinum's legislative body
    3. NO MORE EXTENSION of harbour work hours
    4. Reintroducing night and sunday bonuses in form of financial benefits
    5. Collectivization of Marinum's port and all related institutions by the State of Fervia
    6. NO Coalition with BOURGEOIS parties like DF

Take action, Comrades! Workers of Marinum, JOIN THE SMF! Get organized and know your rights! SMF offers its members free help in all labour-right related issues and membership in the SMF collective agreement. Join the SMF! Join the Marinum Worker's Council! Join out March to Carinha! And vote CF in the next Merinum and National Elections! Lucia Nerata tricked us! Nerata, you traited the workers of this nation!

JOIN US 11/6/2016 on the March To Carinha! Raise YOUR Fists at the powers that be!

09:00 formation in Marinum/Forum Republicanum
    09:30 demonstration in Marinum
    11:00 SPECIAL TRAIN booked by SMF to Carinha (no charge)
    13:00 demonstration between Carinha Main Station and National Parliament
    16:00 final demonstration in Forum Ficisciae - speeches by Marius Decampus (Domesticus, CF), Livia Simona (president of Iuventus CF), Andreios Lucii (SMF vice president) and Anderr Janssenn (Norja Kommunist Parti)

ALL OUT to Carinha to fight Capitalism NOW! Cast YOUR vote for Communia Ficiscia in the General Election and vote for YOUR local worker's council!
BASIC KNOWLEDGE
IC: 89 mio. inhabitants, parliamentary democracy in 2016, minority government of communists, greens and democratic socialists - Constitution
OOC: 20 years old, male, Swiss, student. In favour of (actual) democratic socialism, leftist revolutions where necessary, pan-leftism and European Unity. Not too fond of unnecessarily making things social justice issues. Also in favour of loud guitars, reggae and ice hockey. Feel free to TG me if you wanna know more!
SPORTS ACHIEVEMENTS
Summer Olympics X: 5-4-4 / Winter Olympics XI: 9-8-6 - BoF 61 Silver Medal - WJHC 10/11 Bronze Medal - WC75 group stage participant

The Saint James Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Saint James Islands » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:41 pm

For most countries in Group 8, I’ve named the first venue listed in the last posted roster with stadia as a provisional away venue. For Migli and the Urain, I’ve simply made up a name due to the lack of such information, while for SJG, I’ve simply listed the Cuscatlán due to the fact that there are too many venues to count. :p

If you are mentioned in the TAO press release and you’d like me to list a different away venue, please TG me or contact me on IRC (where I go by StJames) and the change shall be duly made.

Taanga ʻo ʻe Pafean me ʻe Meaʻua — Department of Customs and Revenue
18 Finance Way
Drummond, GT G3A-D00
COMMONWEALTH OF OMERICA
Memorantum kuuroko
Internal memorandum

Kaha tuku ki ʻe nuitia
Do not release to the public

It has come to the attention of the Department that there are significant irregularities in regards to the tax filings of the Turanga ʻAhipula ʻo ʻOmerika, hereinafter referred to as the “Omerican Football Federation”, in the last year for which receipts and expenses were reported.¹ This happens to correspond with the first successful World Cup qualification campaign by an Omerican representative team.

The DCR has noted that irregularities have existed in the filings of individual Executive Board members for an extensive period of time, reporting earnings that did not correspond to the extensive material wealth known to be possessed by such persons. It has been noted that several Executive Board members have sold off real properties in the past year, despite filings indicating no change in personal income, implying that a scheme by which the Omerican Football Federation’s Executive Board members have been illicitly attaining wealth, likely one in which said persons bet significant sums of money against Omerican representative sides and colluded with either opposing teams or match officials to ensure negative results for Omerica, has been in operation for a significant length of time, possibly extending back to the beginning of what Omerican football supporters refer to as the Omerican “international era”.

If this is the case, this would pose strong problems for the Federation under the Anti-Corruption Act 1982, the Sports Corruption Act 2003 and the Conflict of Interest (Corporate and Non-Profit) Act 1997, all of which are noted as some of the most stringent corporate corruption laws anywhere in the “sporting regions”, namely Atlantian Oceania, Rushmore and Esportiva. Additionally, this may require the investigation of some prominent public figures who have formerly had connections to the Federation, including four Members of Parliament², two Councillors³ and His Excellency the President of the Commonwealth.

It is important to note that this memorandum should not be interpreted to the detriment of the Omerican Football Federation or any of its associates and that this is currently no more than speculation on the part of the DCR. In line with the assumption of innocence, we must note that this is only an investigation by the DCR, which may or may not result in referral of some or all of the investigated parties to the Commonwealth Prosecution Service, depending on the results of said investigation.

In the meantime, to ensure the integrity of DCR audits, maintain the public image of the Omerican Football Federation in the often-fickle court of public opinion and avoid any unnecessary crises of public confidence in Commonwealth institutions, the DCR, with the cooperation of the outgoing J. Holst Ministry (Liberal–National) and the incoming W. Rainier Ministry (Omerican Socialist), is invoking the provisions of the State Communications and Secrets Act 1991, making it a felony to disclose the details of the preliminary investigation into the accounts of the Omerican Football Federation.

— Carola Lefebvre, Director of the Department of Customs and Revenue
Footnotes:
¹The previous season, which was cancelled due to extenuating circumstances, is covered under a fiscal year for which filings are not yet due.
²Namely Anahera Keanu (Omerican Socialist — Manga ʻo ʻOne, Chamangol), Dee Sadler (National — Byholt and Corfort, Durham), Dean Walters (Omerican Socialist — Nassau Kesteven, Free State) and Sylvie Forestier (Liberal — Montserrat et Sègre, Melenchon).
³Namely Hon. Aureliano Paquet (Omerican Socialist — Mid-Provence) and Hon. Frédérique Ledford (Liberal — Nice).

Teenaa kite ʻe koonae no aapiti mo ʻe putanga riteaana ʻo tenei memorantum no ʻe Takiari. — Please see the attached file for the corresponding Takiari version of this memorandum.
Kaha tuku ki ʻe nuitia ʻi raro ʻe mamae ʻo ʻe ʻaamene taiʻara ʻi raro ʻe
Ture no Koorero ʻo Muaaʻua me Ngaro 1991. — Do not release to the public under pain of criminal prosecution under the State Communications and Secrets Act 1991.

Turanga ʻAhipula ʻo ʻOmerika
6 Jacques la Rouge Road
Port-Alexandre, PH C5A-A40
COMMONWEALTH OF OMERICA
Official Press Release — Tuku Katipa Hoi ʻe Pieti

Qualifiers for the Seventy-Fifth World Cup
Finalised Omerica national team match schedule
With the completion of the World Cup qualification redraw and the successful scheduling of friendly matches, the Turanga ʻAhipula ʻo ʻOmerika is pleased to announce the official match schedule for the Omerica men’s national team for the seventy-fifth World Cup cycle.

We are pleased to announce a pre-qualifying friendly series with Semarland, Jeckland and Ethane and to have the honour to host Omerica’s Baptism of Fire hosts Schiavonia and San José Guayabal in the Crown Jewel of Philibiscostal. We would like to reassure our fellow Group 8 teams that security will be increased in light of events during the last World Cup cycle, with the Commonwealth Gendarmerie and the constabularies of Philibiscostal, Georgetown, Kalsden and Soltsteed all cooperating with TAO officials and stadia owners to ensure the safety of all visiting fans, players and officials.

We look forward to the upcoming cycle and wish the World Cup Committee and our fellow Group 8 nations the best in the seventy-fifth World Cup cycle.

Pre-qualifying game 1: v Semarland (Prins William X Näsjonaalpärk, Veelhaim, Soltsteed)
Pre-qualifying game 2: @ Jeckland (Jeckland National Sports Stadium, Rack City, Jeckland)
Pre-qualifying game 3: v Ethane (Prins Mikäel Pärk, Port Michael)

Matchday 1: v HUElavia (Stadium Saint George, Georgetown)
Matchday 2: @ Boring Paradise (Paradisia North Park, Paradisia, Boring Paradise)
Matchday 4: v San José Guayabal (Arena la Rouge, Philibiscostal)
Matchday 5: @ The Urain (Urain National Stadium, Rayquaza, the Urain)
Matchday 6: v Migli (Stadium Saint George, Georgetown)
Matchday 7: @ Schiavonia (King Francesco Stadium, Craw, Schiavonia)

Matchday 8: @ HUElavia (Estadio Romario Faria, Sao Franco, HUElavia)
Matchday 9: v Boring Paradise (Prins William X Näsjonaalpärk, Veelhaim, Soltsteed)
Matchday 11: @ San José Guayabal (Estadio Cuscatlán, San Salvador, San José Guayabal)
Matchday 12: v The Urain (Prins Mikäel Pärk, Port Michael)
Matchday 13: @ Migli (Migli National Stadium, Emirum, Migli)
Matchday 14: v Schiavonia (Arena la Rouge, Philibiscostal)

Play-off leg 1: TBD
Play-off leg 2: TBD
Post-qualifying game: @ RK Quebec (venue TBA)

Please note that (a) Omerica will not play on matchdays 3 or 10 and (b) all listed away venues are provisional and subject to change. Additionally, the allotted play-off games will be replaced with a pair of friendly matches if Omerica do not finish as group runners-up; any Omerican play-off home leg will be held in the Arena la Rouge, Philibiscostal.
Starting eleven
GK—№ 23: Ethan D’ARAMITZ
LD—№ 24: Lükas MANSFELD
CD—№ 26: Roman MIKÄELSSEN
CD—№ 16: Sejanus CHRISTOPHE
CD—№ 28: Guillaume FRANÇOIS
RD—№ 29: Victor NIKLASSEN
LM—№ 30: Mätias DE JÖNG
CM—№ 31: Ruben GODDARD
CM—№ 32: Wake VOLKNER
RM—№ 33: Ändras ALTDAL
CF—№ 22: Ekeaka KONANI
Substitutes
GK—№ 1: Stéphane ROUSSEAU
GK—№ 13: John MARTIN
LD—№ 2: Red MILLHOUSE
CD—№ 3: Honoré LEFURGEY
CD—№ 27: Kai TEA
CD—№ 5: Tre URISTSON
RD—№ 6: Ansel RYAN
LM—№ 7: Ryan ANDSEN
CM—№ 20: Rangi AMANG
CM—№ 9: Arani IROHA
RM—№ 10: Casimir PAQUET
CF—№ 12: Red TYLER
Starting eleven
GK—№ 13: John MARTIN
LD—№ 14: Martin PALL
CD—№ 15: Jean-Marie MOLINEAUX
CD—№ 16: Sejanus CHRISTOPHE
CD—№ 17: Makara ʻO TOA
RD—№ 18: Mikäel CHRISTOPHE
LM—№ 19: William PARNELL
CM—№ 20: Rangi AMANG
CM—№ 21: Kairo KAMARANI
RM—№ 22: Raia TURI
CF—№ 12: Red TYLER
Substitutes
GK—№ 1: Stéphane ROUSSEAU
GK—№ 23: Ethan D’ARAMITZ
LD—№ 24: Lükas MANSFELD
CD—№ 26: Roman MIKÄELSSEN
CD—№ 27: Kai TEA
CD—№ 28: Guillaume FRANÇOIS
RD—№ 29: Victor NIKLASSEN
LM—№ 30: Mätias DE JÖNG
CM—№ 31: Ruben GODDARD
CM—№ 32: Wake VOLKNER
RM—№ 33: Ändras ALTDAL
CF—№ 22: Ekeaka KONANI
Classical republican, environmental student
Pro: Parliamentarism, civic virtue, positive liberty, soft Euroscepticism, the scientific method, facts
Anti: Presidentialism, authoritarianism, corruption, populism, hard Euroscepticism, misinformation
IC posts made by this nation are non-canonical.
This nation does not reflect my actual political views.
Do not use orally after using rectally.
Guilherme Magalhães
Senator for Ilhas de Santiago Ocidentais
Staunchly independent
[23:53] <StJames> ^fake news^

The death of the West will not be a homicide, but a suicide.

Eura
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eura » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:52 pm

OOC: This is continuing on from my plotline from last WC cycle, one year on:

The winds of the northern Holden steppes are always testing in the deep Euran autumn. It was the late weekend, but the roads out of Oakstone were jam packed with tourists, day trippers, military vehicles and freight carriers heading in all directions. Caught in this squall among the sea of vehicles were many, including the multinational team of journalists that had been here not so long ago. It had been about a year since Monty, Kat and Rowan had filmed most of their documentary about the great border between Eura and Sameba, and its bloody history. Circumstances had intervened to force them to go back to other work, before finally resuming their filming twelve months on. There had been a security crisis after Sameba invaded Parvenna (and Eura's defeat to Nephara in the World Cup had made everyone a bit miserable), though eventually things calmed down. The Liberal Party had won its second general election in a row with Michael Judge in charge, as he entered his tenth year as Prime Minister - however, they were only able to form a minority government after taking several hits in the polls, supported by a handful of smaller parties and the "moderate" half of the increasingly fragmented Capital Party. it had been an odd election, coming only three or four years after the last one due to the period of power after Crow's resignation where there was no fresh election. The Liberal's had made several concessions to their very much minority coalition parties, namely temporarily dropping its planned electoral reform, pursuing any hope of rapprochement with Sameba as the effect of Pravenna wore off a bit, and adopting an increasingly belligerent attitude towards Electrum over border controls. Most importantly of all, it looked certain that Judge would not finish this term as party leader or PM; Amy Yarley was being positioned for the role without much subtlety, as the most respected politician in the country.

All sorts had happened since. Eura's Copa Rushmori had ended in tears and controversy, with Saintland eventually becoming surprise champions in Bastion. The Liberal's had taken the risky decision of reducing the base rate of tax among various income thresholds in an attempt to relieve some recent economic stagnation, as the Euran economic behemoth slowed down somewhat. The early drafts of the Population Density Relaxation Act, a flagship policy to deal with overpopulation and the national welfare bill, had generated a huge debate about said overpopulation and emigration, including the settlement of the Euran Oceania Territories. Sameba's new leader, Emile Gartanzo, had seemingly convinced people that the invasion of Pravenna was actually a plot by rival generals, launching a purge to prove it. Ulsa had smashed the Gold League again. Eura were heading back to WorldVision. EurChem had survived a national scandal regarding their clinical trials practices. In many ways then, it had been a dramatic year. Yet on the face of it, little had actually changed about this country. It was just as intimidating in its overwhelming liveliness in the eyes of outsiders, and just as determined to make itself heard in the world. In a way, the team would be helping it do so by returning to finish the job they had started. They had met several times during the year gap but it did feel like they had to get to know each other a bit again. Monty had lost a little weight, Rowan had got a divorce with his surfer girlfriend, and Kat had been offered a major promotion that would help them get this documentary aired on bigger TV networks. It wasn't just the subject of their study that was changing.

The drive had come to a close when they reached Bleak Valley, that ominous town which had once been their temporary home. It hadn't changed much either. The weather was murky, windy and wet, but not too cold - typical early autumn weather in northern Eura. The same soldiers families, opportunistic crooks and moneymakers inhabited the town. Its brutalist concrete shopping centre still dominated the middle of the valley, surrounded by an almost Polarian assortment of cheap but clean and smartly designed, rugged houses. Much to Rowan's amusement, there even remained the same homeless man outside the hotel they had used last time, though thankfully he looked slightly healthier this year. Kat wasn't too impressed though. 'This town doesn't do investment and opportunity, does it? Not much seems to change.'
'Well, you could say that about a million places in the world like this. But I guess just surviving is a challenge in a place like this.'
'The whole town is subsidised by the army though.'
'All the more reason to give them credit. They know they're in the firing line and they've got little to do, but they knock on anyway.' She found herself challenged by Monty's less skeptical angle. Before Kat could raise another point there was one surprise to break the monotony that inevitably sunk in after more than five minutes in this corner of the world. It was the squad. Mace, Green, Bray, the Lieutenant, the lot of them! They all emerged from the Shithoused Squaddie bar, named in the true spirit of military dark humour. A cheer went up as the two groups embraced. 'Great to see you all again! How's the last year been?'
'Shit!' Monty smiled and knew exactly how to respond. 'That's a shame. Whose tougher than shit?'
'The third!'
'Yes you are, Third Platoon. Its good to be back!' The journalists took one last look back at the dwindling sunset over the lip of the valley, and immersed themselves once more in the curious world of the Danger Zone.
United Federation of Eura - Sporting achievements
Champions: WC66, WC73, CR23, CR27, CR34, CoH 85, Market Cup I, Next Generation Trophy, Gold Medal (Mens Football) Olympics IX
Runner up: WC60, WC72, WC78, CR16, CR20, CR32, CR44, CoH51, COH79
Host: CR24, CR37, BoF60, CR Under 21's and Under 17's

Schiavonia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiavonia » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Union Park, Defence, Acronius: Acronius 3-3 Schiavonia

“So what did we learn from the match, Tony?”

Tony Cueto looked back at his colleague.

“Not a lot, to be honest,” he sighed, "It was so windy here today that whoever had it behind them had a massive advantage. We looked strong in attack and in goal, but weak in defence. Kind of what we were expecting with the balance of the squad. But the wind was so relentless that, whilst we had done well to only be three down by half-time, it was only because of O’Connor, and three-all by the end flattered us.”

“What of the new players? I thought they looked pretty settled amongst those we already had.”

“As much as they could. We just got unlucky. You could see that both teams were keen to play football, but conditions prevented it from happening.”

“If only we had another game or two to prepare.”

“Well, next time we can work together on organising a decent build up of friendly games in order to prepare. Learn the lessons, Benny.”

“Absolutely.”

“And next time you’re having family issues, tell me. We’ll see what we can do, yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“Any sign of Reni yet?”

“Nope. He could be anywhere. Went missing after the qualifying session in San Jose Guayabal and hasn’t been seen since.”

“Maybe you can put some sort of appeal out for him when we go there. Our nations are friends, so I’m sure they won’t mind.”

“That sounds like a good idea, mate. Thanks.”

“No bother, my friend.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Somewhere deep in some woods near New Cefn, Krytenia

Randy sat down at his desk to start looking through his latest batch of papers.

Three years ago, at the Cup of Harmony, he had admitted live on SIBN that he was searching for three figures. One was the Goddess of Random Numbers - Margaret. All that is known about Margaret is that she lived in a long-gone land known as Snub Nose 38, and that people have sacrificed rubber chickens to her around the multiverse for centuries. Beyond that, nobody knows.

And her sisters - they were the stuff of legend. Only a handful of books had ever been written mentioning the possibility of their existence. They suggest that they are also related to the idea of influencing football results, but because there had never been any active sightings of them - nobody even knew their identity - no worship was done of them. Together, though, the tales told that the three of them were known as the holy trinity.

So far, the trail had led Randy here, to this woodland shack in which he had been living for the last five years. But whilst the clues had led him here to the former Druidism lands, the scent had gone somewhat cold. And whilst his research had continued in his retirement, nothing new seemed to reveal itself. By now, they would be well over three hundred years old. Goddesses surely can’t live that long, can they?

Maybe the time had come to return home. To go back to Schiavonia, carry on searching in a sunshine paradise instead of a shed with dry rot. Perhaps some part time work with SIBN could help in his search for these elusive figures.

Soon. First though, one last check through, just to see if he has missed anything.

Let’s leave Randy there, reading in his hut.

Though as we do, something appears to be lurking in the darkness of the undergrowth. A shadowy, caped figure. We don’t see her face, only that she is there. And then she is gone, so quickly that we can’t be sure that she was there in the first place.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Setagaya Station
Heiwa|Kirishima

Train arrival music

In the Kirishinan metro system there is a tune to let people at the station as well as those on the train know a train is arriving. After tune finishes a PA announcement would indicate the current station unless one stood at the platform which would instead mention what line was approaching. Joseph Yabuta liked taking the metro, during off peak hours of course. Certainly no one enjoyed the congestion that would sometimes occur. Perhaps Yabuta's fondness of the metro came with his frequent use of it as a child or perhaps it was because his uncle worked in transportation, with enjoyable experiences going to work with him. Anyways all things considered the uplifting welcome tune played before the PA system kicked in. "Welcome this is Setagaya Station, please remember to watch your step as you disembark the train. The next station is Citadelle-Promenade." (In Japanese)

Yabuta got up when some people noticed who he was. Jo or Jo-Kun as he was affectionately called by some of his friends was unsurprisingly well known, winning a few seasonal awards, many Champion Cup appearances, and leading the national team in goals would do that. The two advantages that Yabuta had to delayed recognition was the fact that he was on the metro to begin with and second one would expect one as successful as him to wear designer clothes. Yabuta saw no reason to pay in the thousands of dollars for clothes when he can find significantly less expensive, and just as nice clothes. Currently Yabuta was wearing a grey t-shirt with a unzipped black jacket over it, some denim jeans with his favorite Anta sneakers in his Akihabara blue and black color scheme.

With some murmurings getting louder Yabuta simply smiled and bowed. "Thank you for all you support." Yabuta stated as he prepared to disembark. Before the door opened he noticed a cute girl about a year younger who prior to his rise would've been considered way out of his league, slip a piece of paper into his hands.

"Call me if you ever want to have fun in Heiwa, you can bring a friend too." the unknown girl whispered with a wink.

Yabuta stepped off the train with a huge grin. As someone who was shy and unlucky with relationships before discovering his talent he really enjoyed the attention he gets nowadays. Without wanting to lose the number, Yabuta pulled off to the side and quickly entered the number in his phone before beginning the long journey out of the station. Setagaya was the largest station in Heiwa and nearly every line in Heiwa passed though there. It also didn't help that Kirishinan shinkansen (bullet train) lines also passed though here. Normally he would be annoyed at having a meetup at Setagaya but since the place he, Claire, and Ayame were going to have dinner as well as watch the group draw was closest to the station, there was no choice. Plus since it was such a large station no one had to transfer lines to arrive here which was beneficial as well.

After about seven minutes Yabuta stepped outside the station and headed towards his usual meet up spot. Jo was already able to see he arrived last as he noticed Claire wearing tight black leather pants with boots and a white t-shirt as well as Ayame who was cross-dressing as usual electing to go with a white blouse, red skirt and sandals. Once he made contact claire waved him over and as per tradition between the three friends made wolf pack signs as a way of greeting.

15 Minutes Later:
The trio was sitting at a booth in a Korean BBQ known for airing the World Cup live draw so the three players who are each on the national team decided to kill two birds with one stone. Watch the draw and eat good food.

Ayame leaned back resting his head before addressing his two best friends. "So did you two see the latest Discover the World segment?" Ayame asked both as a way to pass time before the draw and just because as captain of the Electronic as well as about to captain of the national team for the first time, he wanted to know.

"The one with Tomoyo right?" Claire asked.

"No the one with the Goddess. Joseph joked sarcastically before Claire playfully elbowed him in the gut. As Yabuta exaggerated by doubling over clutching his stomach, Claire responded.

"Yea I think it's great that Tomo finally made her national team let alone starting XI. It's about time in my opinion."

"I agree but did you see the opening when she gave us a shout out? She was really happy to be on television well besides televised matches I mean." Yabuta stated amused.

"Well hopefully with the three of us, Ai, and Tomoyo all being in WC squads, we can get more international attention for Akihabara. " Ayame stated as the meat arrived and the trio begun to grill their meat.

"Ayame, Claire, the draw is about to start." Yabuta stated as they all turned their attention to the screen.

Welcome to coverage of the 75th World Cup Qualifiers draw live on the Nagatomo Sports Network sponsored by Air Pacifica, Delivering an experience that exceed the sky of time.

Jeo Ho Min: "Bonjour et Kon'nichiwa to the sports desk on NSN as we get ready for the group draw for a historic World Cup 75. I'm Jeo Ho Min"

Kashiwabara Momo: "And I am Kashiwabara Momo, with just a short while before the draw begins we will take a look at the pots and draw up an optimal group. There is nothing fans hate more then to be in a group of death situation."

Ho-Min: "Well unlike last World Cup, Kirishima is a high end Pot 2 just missing out on Pot 1 by 3 spots.

Momo: "Essentially that loss to Omerica in Group A during World Cup 74 definitely hurt us in that regards. However we should be fine depending on who from pot one and three we get."

*Graphics displays flags and names of all the Pot 1 teams.*

Ho-Min: "Now with 20 groups, there are 20 teams in pot one. At the minimum Kirishima would need to be in a group with a pot one team such as Osarius and below. Best case scenario would be ending up in a group with Cosumar and below because at that point we are discussing teams near us and or match ups that are unpredictable which against a pot 1 nation is very desirable. Momo if you had to pick one nation from pot one for us too share a group with, who would it be and why?"

Momo: "Well beggars can't be choosers so I will not pick Polkopia, instead my pick is Unified Sunrise Islands. Now my reason for this is USI is only seven ranks ahead of us so if we were able to contend competitively with Turori last Qualifiers and that was a 27 rank difference. Than the net difference of 20 means we have a chance to split games with them. Second who wouldn't want to pay good money to watch Tomoyo take on her teammates in Akihabara."

Ho-Min: "What makes you think Aincrad Arena would be the venue?"

Momo: "What makes you think it wouldn't be the venue, I am sure that should Kirishima end up in a group with Unified Sunrise Island that very second before any other games are assigned by the KFA, that one would be scheduled in Akihabara in a snap."

Ho-Min:"Well considering we already been over our position in pot 2, let's move on to pot 3.

*Graphics displays flags and names of all the Pot 3 teams.*

Ho-Min: "Last thing you want is another Associated Godlands scenario which happened when Kirishima was low pot 2 and AGL was a high pot 3. Luckly Kirishima is a high pot 2 so pot 3 isn't as much important. I would still like a latter half pot 3 team. So im going to pick Nassau-Hessen and down. But I know your pick will be United States of Devonta right?"

Momo: "What makes you think that?"

Ho-Min: "The same reason the fan part of me would like to see us against our rivals."

Momo: "Good point."

*Graphics displays flags and names of all the Pot 4 teams.*

Ho-Min: "Lastly I'm going to cover pot 4 because below that it's hard to gauge team ability and these teams usually fight among each other for placement. With that in mind while I would like a low end pot 4, I would like to see a high end pot 4 in our group. I want the two threats to qualifying to at least a playoff spot to compete with each other, preferably with a draw somewhere between them. With that in mind, who are you picking?"

Momo: "I would like to pick Garifunya again almost as good luck but, I would like to face the originator of Meski sports so my pick is Red Blackiland.

Ho-Min: "Well with that said it is time for the live drawing to begin..."

*Graphics showing all the pot 1 teams in their group.*

Ho-Min: "And with that ends the first pot and we can now see where we want to go and where we want to avoid."

Momo: "Tell me about it, I already know that I want to avoid Groups 1,2,6-9,12,14,17 and 18. Also I see USI in Group 19 so that would be a fun group thus far."

*Graphics showing all the pot 1 and 2 teams in their group.*

Momo: "Aw shoot, we were so close to going into group 19. Now we have to face Ko-oren. *pouts*

Ho-Min: "Well at least they are in the later 10 because we could've just as easily end up in a group with Farfadillis

Momo: *Shudders* "Hehe, guess I got a little caught up in that dream match-up huh?"

Ho-Min: "You think?"

Momo: "Well we can still possibly get that low end pot 3."

Ho-Min: "Exactly"

*Graphics showing all of Group 20.*

Momo: "I like this group, new matchups, fits the mold we needed, looks good. Just wish MD1 wasn't against Ko-oren. Could hurt momentum."

Ho-Min: "Or significantly boost it anyways that's all the time we have today. I'm Jeo Ho-Min"

Momo: "And I'm Kashiwabara Momo, signing off!"
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:05 pm

Explosive News: Sports
World Cup 75

''Explosive Football''

You always know that when something bad happens, change soon follows. That is especially true with sports, where if a team has a bad performance, or a group of bad performances, there is often either change in the tactics they use, the players they buy, the players that play the games, or even the change of a manager.

Well, Ethane went through one of those rough spots recently, in the Campionato Esportiva, their first one in it. The team lost five out of their six games, and finished in a dreadful place, humiliating themselves after what some thought was a fairly good world cup run for a new team. However, things can't last forever, as that certainly showed.

Another thing can't last forever either, and that is ultra-defensive football. It never gets you there. Ultra-defensive football is a style that only people who cannot shoot play, for when you play ultra-defensive, you rarely ever try to shoot. That was what Ethane was stuck in, for the World Cup, and for all the games up to this point. Boring, defensive football, repetitive, never shooting.

It certainly did bring the team success to an extent, there is no doubt about that, as they surprised everyone by beating The Sarian in the World Cup Qualifiers of the last cycle. Finishing 5th in the group, not so much, but it was rather close, much closer than anyone thought Ethane could be. However, we could have done better if we were not restricted by our ultra-defensive style.

Now, after the failings of the Campionato Esportiva, conceding eleven goals, there hasn't been a change in manager, or staff. The change has been in the players, and the tactics, adopting the new Ethanian style. Explosive Style. No longer will the team sit in the box all game, but they will counter, and try to keep possession of the ball, with their three strikers on the pitch, and actually try to score.

Thats not to say there won't be any focus on defence, as there will - the team still slightly geared towards defence, but this is nowhere near as bad as it used to be, and is the start of something special in Ethane. We will actually be trying. I just thank Curtis Steeling for taking us away from the horrific style of ultra-defensive gameplay, where no threats are made, and no serious attempts are made to score. Now is not the time for defence-ultra. Now is the time for possessive play, and to strike them where it hurts, countering where possible.

Now is the time for 'Explosive Football'.

And it's about time.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:12 pm

THE ROZELLE OBSERVER
Preview: United Sunrise Islands vs. Brenecia
Rose Mackay

Some qualifying groups are having a slow start, steadily easing into the heavy hitters. Not so Group 19. This weekend, Brenecia heads to the Unified Sunrise Islands to set the tone for the entire rest of the qualifying stage.

As a result, Sasha Bale isn't expected to faff about with experimental lineups, and will probably stick to the squad that almost brought her joy during the last Campionato Esportiva, losing only to a Narrative-inspired Apox. Woodgate is a must-start despite an underwhelming season at club level, Scrivener and Duguid as the centre-halves, Given and Lovelock at fullbacks, the three Cathies in midfield, and Trevelyan, Rankin and Carroll up front. It's a side that looks good when you list all those names together, and very capable of facing up to the Islanders.

In fact, on a pure 'look at the leagues they play in' level, Brenecia might even hold the edge - this Islander side lacks a genuine eye-catching 'fear me' player. But their free-flowing, joyous style always gives them a certain edge, and they never really look at any moment in a match like they aren't having the time of their lives with their mates. The Patriots, on the other hand, have made a rather ugly recent habit of crumbling under the pressure.

The biggest threat in an Islander kit is anticipated to be Hannah Alcoin, the 23-year old striker currently plying her trade in 95X, with Rolandinho Juliano a fine shuttling presence in the midfield. But this is a solid side at the back, too - Sarracena is an excellent holding midfielder who's let a bit of Nephara into his playing style, with LigAnaia-reared fullbacks in Paranawe and Hikari managing to threaten down the flanks while rarely being caught out defensively. Flanningan and Zezinho, in the heart of defence,will prove tough to break down as well.

Whatever happens in the Union Stadium over the weekend will define the entire rest of qualifying. Should the Islanders come out on top, then the Patriots will spend the next year playing catch-up, hoping for a slip and with everything riding on the reverse fixture. Should the Patriots win, or even draw... well, if they can do that, then they sure as hell won't let anyone else stop them. And maybe, just maybe, for the first time in eight years, Brenecia will take its rightful place in the most prestigious sport tournament in the world.
Puppet of Nephara.

Chiata
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chiata » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:24 pm

Chiata Times
Reversing the Trend

What seems like a long time ago, Chiata defied all odds and outright won their qualifying group. They continued to raise eyebrows by winning first in their World Cup Group and ended with a loss to Legalese in the Round of 16. It seems like a long time ago because it was a long time ago. Anyone who is younger than 24 wasn't even alive when in happened. The first, last, and only time Chiata has gone to the World Cup was in World Cup 69. Ever since than, it has been a long road to the ground. In World Cup 70, Chiata finished third in their Qualifying Group. In World Cups 71, 72, and 73, Chiata lost in the playoff round. Just last Qualifying, Chiata missed the playoff round, finishing behind Carialus of all nations. Since Chiata's peak after World Cup 69, Chiata has slowly and steadily sunk in world standing, with their world ranking falling from 24th to the present day 43rd.

Shortly before qualifying, sophomore manager Jacob Hommland attended a media conference. Among his meager words, he said he was going to "reverse the trend of underperforming." He said he was extremely disappointed in his first cycle, where the Suns placed third in Qualifying and never exited the Cup of Harmony Group Stage. It seems strange that he discussed this now, considering it would have been better to state the same thing a cycle prior when he was a fresh face. It's almost amusing as well, with the new roster boasting very few new legs.

Right to the roster, then. The Suns roster is old, to start bluntly. Many starters have returned, but their four years older, of course. The average age of the starting eleven is 29, while last cycle it was 27. It seems odd that Hommland speaks of turning a new leaf but doesn't shake up the squad at least a little bit. Anyway, Chiata lost a few key players through retirement. Felix Saunders was an excellent winger and gave some precious offensive power to the Chiatan squad. Also, Anna Eastep, a pillar of the back five, and David Webb both retired before the start of Qualifying. In something resembling hereditary rule, their replacements were all from last cycle's substitutes. Perhaps Hommland's insistence on better performance comes from what may happen next cycle. Mack Truex, by far the best goalkeeper ever for Chiata, is 33 now and will soon retire. Truex's large form and unexplainably fast reaction time will be dearly missed next cycle. This is why Chiata needs to do good now this cycle. The more experience the Suns gain in this trip will mean better results in the times without Truex.

With their semi-new squad, Chiata will be playing in Group 1. The first seed is Saintland. Saintland has performed very well as of late and are destined to win the group. Saintland is ranked 10th, compared to second seeded Chiata's rank of 43rd, so they have the group locked before matchday one. The third seed will bother Chiata the most. Chiata's traditional strategy is to hold on to their seeded place. This will prove very challenging this cycle since Chiata is a low pot two nation and the third seed, New Gelderland, is a high pot three nation. Chiata will have to bring home the bacon in order to solidify their "rightful" ending position when playing against New Gelderland. The four seed, Eshan, is a more distant contender. They will no doubt prove bothersome and could become opportunistic if New Gelderland or Chiata tank early in Qualifying. The last three nations in the group are Chernordad, Hasznia, and Mapletish. Chernordad and Hasznia competed in the most recent Baptism of Fire while Mapletish is returning to the World Cup Qualifying after a long absence. All three should give Chiata six points, but we both know that's not going to happen.

Chiata's first match is also going to be a decisive one. Right off the bat, Chiata will travel to New Gelderland and play against Chiata's closest contender. Chiata will need to play some very good football if they hope to start out strong. The Olympic Stadium, in Nassau Bay, will be roaring with activity as fans realize they could take an early shot at qualifying. Both sides play defensively, Chiata more so, of course. The game will likely be decided by a single goal. Our experts say the result should vary between 1-0, 0-0, and 0-1. It all matters on two things. 1) Can the New Gelderlish squad get past Truex? 2) Can Chiata score (please)? Whichever ever side decide those two points will win the match. If it is split, it will probably be a draw. Almost anything could happen in Nassau Bay. Our simulator says Chiata has 42% chance of winning, 28% chance of drawing, and 30 chance of losing. That's very close to an even split.

Wish the Chiata Suns some luck as they travel for an important match to start off World Cup 75 Qualifying. Let's see if they can reverse the trend... and actually score some goals.
Last edited by Chiata on Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Esportiva-----KPB Ranking: 29-----Founder of the Runner Cup
Champions: 1st IDLO Ultimate Cup, Runner Cup One
3rd Place: IBC 15
Quarter Finals: CoH 62, CoH 63, CoH 64, IBC 14, CE XIII
Round of 16: WC 69, BoF 52, CoH 66, CoH 67, CE XII, IBC 16, IBC 17
Qualified: WC 76, CoH 58, CoH 60, CoH 65
Playoffs: WC 71, WC 72, WC 73
Highest KPB: 24 (Post WC 69)

COCANEFA
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby COCANEFA » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:27 pm

CUT OFF

Matchday One results are imminent.

Confederation Of Calanian And North-Eastern Football Associations
We're a bit like that big blob in Akira only with the North East of Atlantian Oceania as our post-apocalyptic dystopian Tokyo (so not that much of a difference, then)
Mertagne, Audioslavia, Starblaydia, Legalese, Osarius, Krytenia, Royal Kingdom of Quebec, Semarland
The COCANEFA Factbook - COCANEFA Newswires

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:22 pm

Phoenix pick up draw in WC75 opener

In the opening game of the 75th World Cup, the Kaboomlandia Phoenix played in Acronius and parlayed their well-practiced defensive trap into a predictable 0-0 draw. The game frustrated Acronius's fans, who were not used to the Phoenix's stifling defensive style. While the team had just two shots, both from Rene Allard, the offside trap bamboozled and frustrated Acronius's players who hadn't seen this kind of a style before. Duncan McEachern had to face just four shots himself, mostly from the outside wings resulting in easy saves. "The system worked fairly well considering it hasn't been used in game action in a little while," said coach Ryan White, who is notable for being the brainchild of the 1-8-1 trap. "We're facing all-new opponents, but I think word of our system got out after we almost qualified last round. We'll see how it goes."

The Phoenix return home to play in the brand-new, 75,600-seat, King Wulfric II Royal Stadium in Kolra tomorrow afternoon when Super-Llamaland comes to Kaboomlandia. The team has no road trips longer than one game and has a two-game homestand against Pridnestrovia and Acronius in the middle of the qualifying stage.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:23 pm

Gregoryisgodistan 1–1 Team 46566

"Hello, and welcome to Lord Almighty Gregory National Stadium in Capital District for today's game between Gregoryisgodistan and Team 46566, the oddly numerical squad who will be Gregoryisgodistan's first opponent of the World Cup 75 Qualifying Cycle. Gregoryisgodistan is ready to go, the ZIP Codes are ready to go, so let's get this one started, shall we?

"9th minute, and Soldier 0EDCK13DHI comes dashing up the left side with the ball, he crosses it to Guy Who Cleans Up Behind The Elephant at the Circus P0120AZNNAU, who heads it into the box, and Solo will clear easi - oh, it hits off the back of Lawson and out for a corner. Terrible clearance, too low, and he's lucky that didn't deflect into his own net for what would have been a very embarrassing goal. Anyway, Guy Who Cleans Up Behind The Elephant at the Circus P0120AZNNAU will take the corner, he finds Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy, but the brave, noble, Enemy Crusher heads it over for a goal kick to Team 46566.

"18th minute, Bradley up to Gordon, up to Swanson, tries a shot from way out and it goes over the bar for a goal kick. Why did he shoot from out there? I don't know, terrible shot. Prune Farmer 3818F will take the goal kick, he gets it up to midfield and finds Prune Farmer 913881. Now passed up to Guy Who Cleans Up Behind The Elephant at the Circus P0120AZNNAU, who fires it from outside the box, Solo dives, OFF THE POST! And Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Death to San Jose Guayabal is there to shoot it in! GOAL GREGORYISGODISTAN! THE FOOT SLAVES ARE OUT IN FRONT! The fans are going wild! They're chanting "DEATH TO SJG" and burning Guayabalense flags in his honor. And now Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Death to San Jose Guayabal joins in the fun, burning a Guayabalense flag himself as the other players form a burn circle and cheer him on. And now we're ready to get underway again with the Foot Slaves up 1-0.

"26th minute, Dickson passes up to Caan, or tries to, but it's cut off by History Teacher CZDE9745. He then kicks it forward to Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Xylocrap Notatypo, HEADS IT IN, GOAL - oh, but the flag was up for offsides. And for once, even Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy won't threaten to crush the official, that was clearly the correct call. He was offside by about 30 feet. Wow. It looked too easy, and it indeed was too easy. Still 1-0 Foot Slaves.

"38th minute, and Team 46566 is really struggling today, they'll have a corner, their first of the match, taken by Bradley. He kicks it into the box, punched away by Prune Farmer 3818F and cleared by Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy, well up the field. Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Death to San Jose Guayabal chasing after it, gets to it first, and is breaking down the field, now gets into the penalty box, nobody else around him, only the keeper to beat, shoots, but it's too high! And that will be a goal kick!

"And there's the halftime whistle. You know what that means. It's time for the Slaves R Us Leaders Race. Let's send it up to the Public Address Announcer for the call."

"Are you ready, fans? It's time for the Slaves R Us Leaders Race! Lord Almighty Gregory, Shop Owner, Dumpy O'Rumpy, Reino Kulseth, and King Petrus are READY TO RACE! Dumpy's out first, and he's throwing Dumplings at the other contestants. Shoppy, Reino, and Petrus go to the ground to avoid them but Lord Almighty Gregory stays on his feet. He's chasing after Dumpy, and now he removes a prune juice bottle from his pocket! He throws it at Dumpy! Down goes Dumpy! Lord Almighty Gregory is all alone as he rounds the second corner, he'll go behind the goal then turn back to where he started. But what's this? Shop Owner is trying to cut across the course and tackle Lord Almighty Gregory! But Lord Almighty Gregory leaps over Shoppy's body, as the Swordean leader goes flying into the stands. And the winner is Lord Almighty Gregory! Thank you to Slave JNCUSFDU and Slave 8ASD8SDF0000O for holding the finish line. As a reminder, Government VIPs can bid on these two slaves outside section 117 until the 75th minute."

"That was an eventful Leaders Race, as always. Back for the second half after this."

"55th minute, and Prune Farmer HUXU88238ASF passes it up to Guy Who Cleans Up Behind The Elephant at the Circus P0120AZNNAU, who tries to pass it to Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Death to San Jose Guayabal, but it's cleared away. Now 46566 looking to counter, Lawson, to Caan, to Swanson, running up the field, he'll shoot but right to Prune Farmer 3818F who holds onto it. That's the first shot of the game for the ZIP Codes, however.

"71st minute, here come the Foot Slaves again, and Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Death to San Jose Guayabal is taken down in the penalty box by Lawson! That's a penalty! That's a penalty! Foot Slaves with the chance to go up 2-0 against the ZIP Codes. And Lawson gets a yellow card. Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Death to San Jose Guayabal to take the penalty. Here goes, oh, it's over the crossbar. He should have scored there, but he didn't. And it's still 1-0.

"We're in the fourth minute of stoppage here, Secret Police Agent Dominic Button wants a whistle because they only signaled for three, but we're almost a full four minutes in. And now Johnson is breaking forward, passes to Swanson, who falls down and it's saved. OH BUT THE IDIOT REF IS SIGNALING FOR A PENALTY! HE SAYS ENEMY CRUSHER FATTY FOOTY PUSHED SWANSON! And now Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy is crushing the dingus ref to death as punishment for his sins of lying and more lying and fraud! And that idiot heathen ref is dead, but Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy has received a yellow card. And now there's more fighting as he crushes all the other refs so they'll have to summon a replacement referee crew for the penalty kick. But that also means there's nobody to give Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy his second yellow of the game.

"And 20 minutes later, 25 minutes into stoppage, we have a new officiating crew and Johnson will take the penalty for what is surely the last play of this game. He shoots, OH NO, IT'S A GOAL! And sure enough, there's the final whistle. Enemy Crusher Fatty Footy is furious. He's crushing the new officiating crew as well, now he tries to run into the stands to crush the 46566 fans, but they flee in terror and he won't pursue them. The Gregoryisgodistanis in attendance are chanting "DEATH TO THE REFS" but they already got their wish. And now the team is going to burn the bodies of the dead refs on the field as they set them on fire with a flamethrower. This is what happens to heathens who tell lies about Enemy Crushers and other brave heroes. And as their bodies burn, we will mourn the draw but rejoice that heathen scum is dead! And we'll see you tomorrow night when the Foot Slaves travel to Firebolt to take on the sapeint brooms. I've never heard of such a stupid thing, but apparently it exists."
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

San Llera
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby San Llera » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:33 pm

San Llera's road to Northeastern Atlantian Oceania started on a mild spring day in Junterapten, Britonisea, in front of a near-sellout crowd at the Stadebritonisea. Everything was looking up for San-Men fans - they had hope and expectation for the upcoming cycle, and better, a completely healthy squad. There were an impressive 10,000 of them who made the trip to the northwest of the "Ultimaverse".

It was a jubilant atmosphere from the start, with both sides of fans optimistic. Surprisingly, it was the Britonish contingent who cheered first. When the game was not yet seven minutes long, Britonisea experienced their first extended spell of possession. It culminated with Forrest Manhandle - who, judging by his name, moonlights in the sex industry - delivering a beautiful cross in between Quella and De Gonia, which Quinton Blake latched onto. It was directed towards Fons in goal, but with pace. An arm was stuck out to block it, but it deflected into the side netting - 1,0 Britonisea, and hardly the most inspiring start to a qualification campaign.

Perhaps awakened by the goal, San Llera began to control more possession, and slowly push up the field. Britonisea found themselves keeping 10 men behind the ball, and counterattacking when possible. The San-Men found a chance in the 15th, when Llorens's inswinging free kick was headed over by Pelechamchas. Several impressive saves were made by North Quinton in goal. It took for until late in the half for San Llera to break the Britonish press. Bou dribbled past several defenders. From about 25 yards out, he faked a shot and instead slipped the ball through to Jan Capo. Capo was faced with only the keeper, and he beat him, driving the ball low to the left corner. The halftime whistle came almost immediately after, 45 minutes in and tied at one.

It didn't take long into the second period for San Llera to take the lead. In fact, Britonisea did not touch the ball in the second half prior to San Llera's goal. Fonda took a shot from 20 yards out off of a feed from Bou. It was a beauty, at first towards the keeper and then knuckling away, into the side netting. The Britonish fans were stunned, leading just a couple minutes of play time earlier, now undone by a once-in-a-career type of strike by Hector Fonda.

The momentum was squarely on San Llera's shoulders, and they did not let up. Britonisea started to look flustered, needlessly giving the ball away on a couple occasions. In the 52nd minute, the ball ended up with Don Llorens, who hadn't done much all game, but was ready to make his impact. He calmly evaded Tom Thomlinson, and then floated a ball to the back post. Carles Mestre, as always, was there at the right time to volley it home from close range. The score was 3-1, relief washed over San Lleran fans.

The two teams exchanged late goals, another from Blake and Oscar Cardona's first international, but the margin remained unchanged. San Llera won, 4-2, vaulting themselves to a tie at the top of Group 5.
There are many places, and one such place is Rushmore.
About San Llera
Check out my Name Generator!

Achievements
World Bowl XXVI 4th Place
Runner Cup 6 3rd Place
Di Bradini Cup 35 4th Place
Qualified for World Cup 74-75
World Bowl XXIX Finalists
Di Bradini Cup 38 Finalists
Nothing else.........yet

Rankings
Ranked 24th in Soccer
Ranked 54th in Hockey
Ranked 23rd in Basketball
Ranked 57th in Baseball (WBC)
Ranked 16th in Baseball (IBS)
Ranked 7th in Football
NS's resident San L- (Sorry, San Lumen)
You can just call me San Llera, that's fine
Proponent of FAScism

Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby 46566 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:49 pm

46566 escapes Gregoryisgodistanwith a tie
Capital district- The Grand Duchy of 46566 national team escaped Gregoryisgodistan with a 1-1 tie. The 46566 goal came 25 minutes into stoppage time after the deaths of the first officiating squad. To safety protect it's people the return game will be held in regulated prison field in the outskirts of Midgar. The 46566 national team is hosting the national team of Mattijana who also tied their last game. As a matter a fact every team tied their opening game. The game was a "win" for the 46566 national team in which it's making it's second attempt to qualify for the World cup. They managed to pick up a away tie at a stronger opponents home field in which was expected to be a loss.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

Super-Llamaland
Senator

Founded: Jan 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Super-Llamaland » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:22 pm

Osiris - Part Two

Felix Rasmussen brought the ball up the field. He cut past the defender marking him, slalomed between two others, and found himself wide-open. The midfielder, one of a handful of first-team players playing in the Tigers' first qualifier of the season, dashed forwards, cut to the right, and sent a beautiful curling strike into the top corner, tying the score with Cosumar at one goal apiece.

The small but vivacious Llamanean contingent exploded as the television cameras panned across the Crawford's absurdly large, beautiful stadium. Rasmussen sprinted away from the net, teammates rushing by his side, as the commentators began a frenzied discussion, full of platitudes, on how good Rasmussen's strike was.

The screen turned off.

Justin Vucevic, a rather young ex-striker with a pointed face, looked around his office with distaste. It was rather damp and dirty, and the lighting consisted of exactly one bare yellow bulb above his head, but it was his new home. He didn't know how Megan Leonard, previous manager of the Emerald City Stars, tolerated the abode. Maybe she hadn't, and that was why she was in Oslerholm.

He looked back down at the cramped desk, examining more closely what else Megan Leonard had left him. He had to occasionally remind himself that the new, unofficial Llamanean domestic system, which was completely unaffiliated with the LFA, was little more than a glorified bush league - otherwise, the fact that this roster was the reigning champions would be simply unbelievable.

He'd seen the players earlier that day. Compared to Felix Rasmussen, they didn't even seem like professionals at all. Depending on how you viewed the league Emerald City played in, they might not even have been professionals.

He stopped to note a player Leonard had considered important enough to star. Noni Riviera, a forty-six year old center-back from Miklandia. "Forty-six? Honestly?" Justin said. He flipped his pencil over to erase out the star, only to discover that the eraser had popped off sometime that day.

There were a few others starred. Like Riviera, they were mostly aging players from elsewhere in the region - any domestic players who were good enough tried to leave the country, either to Arondesheim or Eirelia or even further if they could. This could even be seen within Super-Llamaland, where the most popular team (and a close second the year before) was SC Aurora, based on an island sixteen miles off the coast. The further away you were from New Llama, the better.

He snapped out of his musings and back to the tedious work of looking over his new players. He still couldn't imagine this team winning anything important, and changes would need to be made...

Oslerholm City

Megan walked towards the luggage claim. She had to remind herself constantly that this was reality. She was finally coming to Oslerholm to manage the Chariots. She'd gone from easily one of the worst leagues in a developed country in the multiverse to the relative glamour of Arondesheim. The Arondic league was the best in the region, far better than that of Super-Llamaland. And the Chariots were perennial favorites to win it. She wouldn't even miss Talahita.

She'd already made a few moves, of course - revitalizing the team's attack with striker Herlek Jansen and right-winger Alistair Quirk, formerly of the Llamanean first team. Even Quirk, who once had sworn he'd never leave the Llamanean leagues, had been forced out of Super-Llamaland - while his brother made more than enough money playing in Ceni to cover for both of them, the eccentric winger no longer wanted to associate himself with what the domestic league had become.

The phone rang. It was Aaron Brandt, which was odd; if he'd had anything important to say he could've said it at their meeting twelve hours ago.

"Hello?"

"Megan, this is Aaron. You might not like this, but..."

Megan swallowed and stopped in her tracks. She didn't know what the LFA President was referring to, but it couldn't be good.

"Yes?"

"We've decided to hire Jeremy Hayes for the role of assistant manager."

"Of what? The national team? What's wrong with Duncan?"

"Oh, he'll be below Duncan. But he was insistent upon taking the role. We want you to approve of it first, though."

Christ. They'd agreed not to...

Her mind raced. But there was nothing she could do - she wasn't going to quit her new role at the Chariots, and Hayes might as well fill the gap while she was gone. "Sure," she managed. "That sounds fine." Inside, though, her only thought was: Why?

New Llama City - Two Hours Earlier

"Come on in, Jeremy." Aaron Brandt's office was distressingly large, and his desk had a distinctly new shine to it - actually, everything in the room did. Jeremy noted as such, in response to which Brandt smiled wanly and said nothing.

"Jeremy," Brandt said, "We've decided to offer you a new position. There's no pressure to accept it - we have many other qualified candidates who would be ecstatic to take such a role. But we think you'd be the best fit to be the next Assistant Coach of the Llamanean senior team."

Jeremy swallowed in surprise. It was a dream come true for the forty-six-year-old who'd been managing in the Llamanean second tier just a few years before - he'd moved from Hazel to a first-tier club, the New Llama Stars, but he didn't think that two decent seasons with New Llama would lead to this. Then something else came to him. Something he'd promised Megan Leonard. Trying to buy himself time, he said the first thing that came to mind.

"Uh, what about Trevor Duncan? You wouldn't fire him right before Qualifiers?"

"Certainly not. We'll look into making a move soon, though. For now, you'll be working at his side as a Second Assistant. He'll be notified soon if we think you can replace him," Brandt said, with a...no, smile wouldn't be the right term for it. A dignified grimace, perhaps. He thought about the pact he'd made with Leonard to not accept anything...but it was really only in jest. He'd certainly never expected to be hired after two years in one of the worse leagues there were.

"Could I...think about it?"

"Certainly."

And they were firing Trevor Duncan! A Llamanean legend, the first star they had! Everyone in the clubhouse loved him, because he was everyone's hero growing up. How could Jeremy hope to replace him - without Duncan's consent, no less! He couldn't just usurp -

"Another thing though. You may want to see New Llama's financial records."

What?

The papers were slid across the desk. "Take those back with you; they're a copy. Just don't show anyone."

He flipped through them. They were not good. Brandt described that to him in excruciating detail.

He'd catch on somewhere, right? Even if the Stars folded, he'd be okay...

Deep inside, he knew he wouldn't be okay. His success was ephemeral. Maybe this was his only chance before he got sent back down a tier.

"L-let me think about it," he said, in a way that made it clear what he would choose. Brandt leaned back in his chair. "Good."

LINEUP TO FACE ARCONIUS:

Costa; Lindberg, Kane, Zhou, Sorenson; Vesely, Candelario; Chamberlain, Rasmussen, Vorobyov; Penbrooke

After the humiliation of a late collapse against Pridnestovia, Rodrigo Vaz has made several changes to his lineup. An underwhelming Emily Ynoa and Reid Adrian (whose performance in an unfamiliar position was simply awful) have both been substituted out for new blood in Jessica Chamberlain and far, far older blood in the form of thirty-six-year-old center-back Tyler Zhou. Both changes are reasonable, making adjustments but not rocking the boat too much. Victory against Arconius is imperative, and this is the right lineup to achieve that victory.
Last edited by Super-Llamaland on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Eighth Llamanean Republic
Capital: New Llama City, Population: ~56,000,000
5x World Baseball Classic champion (28, 30, 31, 40, 42)
Yue Zhou • Savigliane

Abaja
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Abaja » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:08 pm

SHY = Shytysle and ABJ = Abaja

World Cup LXXV

Abaja draws in their first WC75 Qualifying Match

- By David Osesé

GROUP 20

Ko-oren 2–0 Flardania
Chromatika 1–0 Nordeana
Shytysle 3–3 Abaja

Group   20                               Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Ko-oren 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
2 Chromatika 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Abaja 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
4 Shytysle 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
5 Nordeana 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
6 Flardania 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0
In Kingston, the Abaja Lions got a draw against Shytysle (206). After this match, some Abajans were quite concerned. It's not the fact that they drew to Shytysle, but it's the fact that they drew to a 206 ranked team. This is most likely going to be their easiest opponent, so it was pretty important to win this first match. Here's what Head Coach John Ndami had to say after the game . "I'm not upset by it at all. I know we didn't win, but we didn't lose! We start off the qualifications with a draw. That ain't bad! However, they fact that we scored three goals and still couldn't pull this one off has me a little concerned about my boy Joseph Amé. Maybe he just needs more help with his reaction time, because I noticed that all of the three goals that Shytysle had scored were because he reacted very slowly. He will have to work on that. As for Alulawe Ju? He had a hell of a game. Scoring two goals by himself in the first half had me very impressed. Alan Atsi also scored one in the seventy-fourth minute. We played good today. Let's carry that into tomorrow."

Alan Atsi (ABJ) and Alulawe Ju (ABJ) were the two key guys today, Ju scoring two goals and Atsi scoring one. Stephen Oyenusi (ABJ) also had 3 tackles. Shytysle were the ones to score first, on a corner. Jym (SHY) was the one that scored. He also scored the rest of their goals. Abaja soon answered back in the seventeenth minute after a booming kick from Alulawe Ju. It was now tied 1-1. In the 37th minute, Abaja scored again. From the same guy. Alulawe Ju. It's now 2-1 in Abaja's favor. In the 41st minute, Alulawe Ju tried to head in a cross from Alan Atsi, but it went far left. Right before halftime, Jym (SHY) took a shot, but it was off the mark. The ref then blew the whistle, and it was halftime. The Lions lead 2-1.

In the second half, that's when Jym (SHY) started to shine. He scored two goals in the second half. He made a goal in the 57th minute, and another one in the 69th minute. In the 69th minute, Jym got a pass from his teammate, and he was racing across the field. He then chipped over the Abajan Goalkeeper, Joseph Amé. It was a goal, and Shytysle was now up 3-2. In the 74th minute, Alan Atsi got a pass from Alulawe Ju, and took a shot. He made it. It was now tied 3-3. In the 88th minute, Dedéna Esé (ABJ) had a chance to potentially win the game. He took a long shot, but it bounced off the crossbar. So close. So unfortunate. The final whistle was blown, and the Lions ended up drawing their first match. Taking a look at others in Group 20, Ko-oren got a 2-0 victory over Flardania, and Chromatika got a 1-0 victory over Nordeana. Abaja's next opponent will be against Nordeana on June 11.

"It was a good game for both teams. We had a lot of opportunities to score, but we couldn't. We missed a lot of shots. Sometimes it was too high, sometimes it was far left, sometime it was far right. We all played hard. We all played smart. We just couldn't get many of our shots in the back of the net. Oh well. At least we didn't lose. Anything is better than a loss. We will be going against Nordeana on June 11. Hopefully we can win that one. If we can, it can give us some momentum." Says Alulawe Ju

COMMENTS • 3,082
Laurent James - Joined May 9, 2006
Image June 9, 8:40 PM - If they can't even beat these guys they can't beat anyone XD
Reply • Like (33) • Dislike (85)

Guinior Hensa - Joined April 23, 2013
Image June 9 6:09 PM - What a BOOMING KICK @ 17'!
Reply • Like (97) • Dislike (11)

Mr.Anonymous18 - Joined February 28, 2010
Image June 9, 9:04 PM - Dedéna Esé shot is as broken as his teeth.,,.
Reply • Like (104) • Dislike (68)

Crynge - Joined November 11, 2014
Image June 9, 7:44 PM - Good game
Reply • Like (14) • Dislike (6)

AfroMan - Joined December 4, 2009
Image June 9, 8:50 PM - So close.
Reply • Like (29) • Dislike (7)

Read More
Last edited by Abaja on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF ABAJA
Population: 89 million | Leader: President Aman Salam-Ross | Capital: Olulawi | Largest City: Kingston | Trigramme: ABJ | Founded: 1665 |
Factbook | Sportswire | H&P Steel | Join TWP!

Co-Host of IBC 23 & IBC 27 | RO16: IBC 20, IBC 21, IBC 27 | Quarterfinals: IBC 22, World Bowl XXX | Semifinals: IBC 23 | Finals: None

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:16 pm

The Return of Knightline.

http://chirb.it/vaxJHN
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Washington-Oregon
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Washington-Oregon » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:18 pm

A timely header in the seventy-sixth minute by Patricia Irena was the decider in a well-played match by both sides at Centurylink Field in The Cyan's first match of the qualifying cycle, a two-one win over Port Christopher.

Port Christopher's midfield did control the pace and the ball for long periods of time, and it was the visitors who opened up the scoring with Tony Uist being at the tail end of Elisa Rivera's cross that found Naomi Ingalls sleeping. After a brief celebration, play continued, and one could feel the gaze of Ingalls, paying attention to everything that came after that. She didn't have to do much for the rest of the game.

An equalizer came in the fortieth minute with Kay Mi scoring off of a free kick that displaced Laxium. That led to a well-played second half by both sides, and Irena's game winner.

It was an above-average result for the Cascadians, who next face Abanhfleft, who also won their first game by a goal against Top Seeds Nova Anglicana. The Cascadians aren't expected to win, but perhaps they'll be able to surprise expectations and get another victory.

Associated Godlands
Spokesperson

Founded: May 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Associated Godlands » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:21 pm

Shirley Phelps-Roper's Speech

"It is a triumphant day in the world as God's own Associated Godlands has destroyed the bastion of sin, the paragon of evil, the heathen scum of Shmirnov in a World Cup qualification.

"The match began as most do in Associated Godlands, with the ritual execution of a heathen. Today's victim was Isaiah Godson, convicted of the irreparable sin of touching a dead pig. I imagine that he shall be dealt with accordingly in Hell. It then kicked off, and God decided to award a goal to Shmirnov. At first glance, this may seem contradictory to Shmirnov's heathen ways, but God was simply giving them the impression that they were not heathens, and that they would win. Their hopes were brought up, of course to come crashing down.

"Finally, in the second half, God's wrath on Shmirnov was fulfilled. The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ scored a hat trick, putting Associated Godlands up by a margin of 3-1. It was a gleeful victory for the Obeyers.

"In other news, my daughter Mary III (the third daughter who I named Mary) had her funeral today after being executed. Touching the cold, dead corpse of that pig was such a gratifying feeling...

(Gasp from the crowd and a pause, as Phelps-Roper realizes that she committed the unforgivable offense of touching a pig)

(Phelps-Roper stands frozen, and then falls to her knees, wildly ululating. She does so for hours as the nation looks on in shock.)
Puppet of San Llera
Praise The Lord And Savior Jesus Christ!!!
Ruled by God and his sapient mouthpiece, Queen Phelps Roper
This nation (obviously) does not represent my actual opinions

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports